Speaker 1: All right, Nico Harrison, Rick Welts met with members of the local media today. We'll get back into it a bit later, and we've got some Kyrie audio from last night before that meeting. But I was just scrolling through the internet during the commercial break and I see a post from Tim Cato from two hours ago from DLLs. It's got two hundred and ninety three thousand views. I don't know the context, but he just said this is from Nico. One of his quotes from today. My obligation is to the Dallas Mavericks. It's what's the best interest of the Dallas Mavericks, and that's the most important thing. Some of those decisions are going to be unpopular, maybe to Dirk and maybe to the fans, but my obligation is to the Dallas Mavericks. So obviously, who knows what was brought up? Did you see Dirk's comments? Could have been the question. I don't know what the question was. I just saw Cato post Nico's quote. Well, Mark Cuban thirty minutes ago had a post on top of that post from Tim Cato where Nico says, some of this may be unpopular to some people out there, like Dirk and maybe to the fans, and he was like drawing. He was basically Nico's basically saying, there's the fans, there's Dirk, there's Dallas Mavericks. My obligation is to the Mavericks. Cuban then has a post that says Dirk is the Dallas Mavericks. That is an amazing response. Mark Cuban posts, Dirk is the Dallas Mavericks. Then, now and forever, no one should ever forget that. That statue will be here forever. Loyalty never fades away.
Speaker 2: What I mean, he says that, but what if Dumont got a you know, caterpillar and knocked over that statue, that would be the worst public relations. Well, we needed the space. We needed that space right there.
Speaker 1: We'd put a water fountain in there.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is spicy art. We'll get into Kyrie's thoughts a little bit later, but.
Speaker 2: Right now it's time for this. Give me that news quickie. I didn't even think of a of a backhoe or whatever, so I just said caterpillar. No, it's good. We all knew what you meant. Yeah, I'm supposed to be the country one. Well, Christine is porno in school or what. Starting next school year, a school in Michigan is going to include a lesson to a curriculum on pornography to its sixth grade class. The course is called Human Growth and Development, covers topics like healthy relationships, making smart decisions online, and also recognizing not everything students see online is reality. This was previously taught to ninth graders, but they had big meeting and they've decided to bump it up for next year to sixth grade because of how fast kids are using technology and like, okay, we don't need to wait till their in high school to start to teach them about porno. So they do have a whole lesson in there about pornography. As you were breaking this down, my first thought was, we do live in an accelerated society. And I can remember, if I recall correctly, when they taught us sex education, we had to take permission slips home. Absolutely, we had one in our class who didn't sign it. Yeah, feel bad for him, And so I don't see why you wouldn't do the same thing here. But I honestly, based on raising kids that are now nineteen and seventeen and having just gone through this recently. I don't think twelve years old is necessarily too young, depending on what they're getting into. And I think parents should have the right to say no, I don't want my twelve year old exposed to that, and then you take them out of the class. I think it's a case by case basis.
Speaker 1: I agree with you because kids that have older siblings are going to be way more likely to know a lot more. Yeah, I mentioned this to you. We had when my son was in fourth grade. There was a girl who had text him and said, send me a sexy picture of yourself.
Speaker 2: I'll send you one. And he was like, I don't even know what that means. What do you mean?
Speaker 1: And she goes, you know, like with your shirt off and like and he was like and he you know, I'm like yeah and so and she sent one to him and it was just a goofy kid, it was It wasn't anything sexy about it. But I'm like, man, I found out she had three older sisters. Yeah, three older sisters.
Speaker 2: He's emulating.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's emulating that she doesn't really know what she's doing. It's like my daughter one time was shooting a video and I've got it and she goes, she was just in her room, her hair was all messed up, She's playing with her toys and stuff. She goes, be sure to hit subscribe and buy my merch and hit the loac button.
Speaker 2: And she was just recording it for herself, you know, she did, but she was emulating.
Speaker 1: And so but I think different people are exposed to different things at different ages, and so for.
Speaker 2: Some people this makes sense. That sex ed class we took was in fourth grade, and it was less a class. It was a guy who probably made the small town circuit you come in. I remember at the end he always had a little fish bowl of questions that we could submit, and man, so many low hanging fruit questions about the number sixty nine. Right, but in fourth grade without technology, definitely knew what porno was in fourth grade. Yeah, and again it's gonna be what I from what it sounds like, and I'm guessing it's gonna be about, Hey, pornography is not real healthy relationships. Right, It's not gonna be Okay, open up your textbooks, let's talk about the history of Peter North. It's not gonna be that. It's gonna want to take that card, right, It's gonna be more about how do you function in the world where this is around you and understanding what that is.
Speaker 1: You can see all of this online anytime you want. How do you actually find real love and meaningful relationships in the world now that you've seen that, right, because that can be confusing.
Speaker 2: It's like, if you want to incorporate this stuff in your relationship, do it later. All right, there you go, There you go.
Speaker 1: There's a news quickie coming up next to Today, Gabe, don't miss that. Then we open up the way back machine. We'll be back in just over three minutes. On the Beninskinship of