Speaker 1: Warning the following podcast Dame's graphic content and material intended for a mature audience.
Speaker 2: Listener dis question, Hey, what's up.
Speaker 1: My name's Ben and I'm Nicole and you're listening to Wicked.
Speaker 3: And Grim, a true crime podcast. Long time, no talk listen because you can't see us.
Speaker 1: Because you're welcome back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 1: We had a little bit of a hiatus hiccup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Well, you can hear it in your life.
Speaker 1: I'm not sick as fuck. Yeah, it's basically what it is in short.
Speaker 3: Not COVID thankfully, no, but it might as well have been, because you mean super super cold, coffin hacking, sneezing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was like a long haul of two weeks. I'm still in one hundred percent, so it's been over two weeks. I mean it could be worse, but yeah, I was really sick. You're a lot better though, I am. Yeah, there was. If we had recorded this really too much earlier, I wouldn't have really had a voice.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so if you missed last week, that that's why we didn't put one out last week because we only had one host.
Speaker 1: And that wasn't a story. So yeah, but this week's epic because we're putting one out today Tuesday, and then we're gonna be putting one out on Wednesday as.
Speaker 3: Well, back to back. So we're making up for last week missing it by dropping last week's episode today and.
Speaker 1: Then this week's episode on Wednesday. Yeah, so you're really not missing on an.
Speaker 3: Anything, You're not. You're just kind of saving it up. You're like getting a Christmas Eve, Christmas gift, and then Christmas Day all your gifts sort of situation.
Speaker 1: Is this funny or not? Last week was grim? This week is wicked? Is that lame? That's lame?
Speaker 3: Actually that's not bad, not bad. I see it. I see what you did there.
Speaker 1: So there we go. It's a wicked week.
Speaker 3: There we go. It's a wicked week, for sure. We got some wicked stuff we got to talk about.
Speaker 1: We do, we have, We got lots of shit to catch up on here.
Speaker 3: First and foremost, it's fucking snowing outside right now, so that's not cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the date. It's April eighteenth. Then it's snowing, yep, And it's all my fault.
Speaker 3: It is your fault because your snow tires. So way to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm getting my own winter tires off tomorrow. And so it's snowing clearly. Yep, that's how it rolls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the weather forecast says we're gonna get like up to ten centimeters of snow like accumulation.
Speaker 1: It's snowing all night and like morning afternoon tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That's not Yeah, so I'm going to I'm going to put at least a story on Instagram to show the snow we wake up to in the morning.
Speaker 1: Ca But my fingers are cross it. There's no story to be put up. Maybe it's just like oax.
Speaker 3: No, I'm going to post a story. Whether there's snow or no snow, you will see. So you have to check us over on Instagram to find out. Okay, what else you got? We got pumpkins, Thankfully they're not going to be in the snow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are gonna have an pumpkin patch. Well you've always loved growing pumpkins, Oh, pumpkins, dope, and this year you're taking it to the next level.
Speaker 3: Well, i've grown pumpkins before. I've done upwards of I think like six pumpkin plants at a time. Yeah, and the most I think i've yielded in a year year's worth harvest from those six plants. But I think three or four pumpkins never very big. I think the biggest one I've ever grown was like maybe just under basketball size.
Speaker 1: At our first house.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, so yeah, now we've we germinated some seeds and we've got total of thirty pumpkin plants.
Speaker 1: Sprouts and they're doing amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're already like two to three inches high. I've already got two leaves. They're gonna go ground on May Long weekend and they're gonna thrive, and we're going to get how many pumpkins you say?
Speaker 1: I said twelve?
Speaker 3: I said thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to be one up on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So if you guys want to put in a little guests, hit us up on our social We already asked our patrons and gave them a little bit of a toll.
Speaker 1: It reminds you of animal crossing, even an animal crossing. You're all about your pumpkin passion. Now we're doing it in real life.
Speaker 3: Growing pumpkins was dope on animal crossing. My Halloween island is sick.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I want to spend more time on animal crossing that hemes fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do what else we got to talk about. We gotta think patrons before we move on, because yeah, you guys awesome.
Speaker 1: They are super awesome.
Speaker 3: So if you guys don't know, we have a Patreon where you can support us behind the scenes. You can get extra content the last day of every month we come out with.
Speaker 1: What we come out with, an extra freaking episode.
Speaker 3: An extra episode which.
Speaker 1: Is really exciting.
Speaker 3: Yes, strictly are all access patrons, So if you want to find us on Patreon and go get access to that, hit it up. Links are all in the description. But we have some new patrons to thank well, we've got I didn't preread these either. Usually I pre read them and get a little bit of a chance to make sure you don't mispronounce.
Speaker 1: You're going blind, going and blind.
Speaker 3: So we have Jason Shipcot, Kate Harvey, Sarah Quiratman, Kratman. Your name's hard, Sarah. Why did you do this to me? I shouldn't have went in blind, Matthew Allen, Becca Lynn, Leah Page, and Christina. You guys all signed up on Patreon. Thank you very much for your support.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: We've already asked patrons previously a week or two ago to send us a video.
Speaker 1: Actually little clips, yeah, little.
Speaker 3: Clips rocking our merch, because we want to make a reel with all you guys to thank thank you for for purchasing our merchant. We want to see you guys.
Speaker 1: If we get enough clips, we can't even do two reels. Come on. Yeah, so we've gotten a few so far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we we need you guys's help. We need you to boost it with We need more clips. So let's see your guys' clips with wicked and grim merch. Whether you got stickers, t shirts, even if you don't have merch.
Speaker 1: Blankets, yeah I need one of those for sure.
Speaker 3: But if you don't have any merch, don't feel bad. You can still get in it. All you have to do is get a little video clip of like, say, our podcast on your phone screen or something and you're rocking out to it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So show us your wickedness.
Speaker 1: Or even like you listening to the podcast in your vehicle or something at work at work.
Speaker 3: Making your your co workers listen to us.
Speaker 1: They're making your workday better.
Speaker 3: There we go, making it wicked, yeah, wicked workday. So yeah, thank you to the patroons and don't forget to send us a little clip because we want to make that real for you guys.
Speaker 1: And if okay, we have I've saved I think what we've already gotten. But if you sent us one and like we didn't reply, or maybe just send us a nudge too, yes, just in case, we don't want to miss anyone either.
Speaker 3: So what else you got? What else we got?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh, I know what? Okay? Because we're just going to talk about merch. We have some like exclusive merch coming up, which is like really freaking cool. We have thirty We're gonna have thirty of these items.
Speaker 3: And it's it's unlike anything we've put out before. Not T shirt, not sticker, not water bottle, We've never put out these.
Speaker 1: It's not through Red Bubble.
Speaker 3: It's going to be strictly through us. I'm not too sure how we're gonna do. It might be on our website or something, but we will have to find a specific way to sell it directly from us. But yeah, that's all we can really say. Thirty limited exclusive pieces of merch.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: And they are going to be handmade pieces, not by us, by a professional, but still someone we have sourced, so we're pumped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm super pumped actually to see these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an artisan kind of craft, so it's going to take a while for them to get them made. But once they're made, we'll let you guys know and we'll give you guys the option to try and purchase one. So I'm sure they're gonna go like real quick. So you might have to be on the.
Speaker 1: Ball, I know. I Yeah, we're gonna have to figure out how we're gonna do this, but yeah, it's gonna be awesome. It's gonna be so awesome.
Speaker 3: We'll figure it out details later. All we need to know for now is some epic shit is coming down the pipe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as always, really as always.
Speaker 3: So with all that being said, I think you wrapped up everything we.
Speaker 1: Need to I feel like that was everything we had to say.
Speaker 3: Maybe we should give your voice a little bit of a rest. Hey, you sounded a bit raspy.
Speaker 1: Take that sip already I thought I was doing good.
Speaker 3: Well, not any more raspy. You just I can still hear your voices raspy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's still times in the day where it's like worse and stuff. The evening's usually better though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you've been putting up with it for a while.
Speaker 1: So I know this. This is just my life now. I don't even notice. This is just who I am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, You've just you've just grown to accept it. Yeah all right, Well I'll give you that rest that you need for your voice, and I'm taking on today's episode with the Badass of the Century, if I may say that. So we are talking about a certain case here. We are covering a survivor case. I mentioned that in a previous episode that my next one would be a survivor case. So this is the survivor case, the Badass of the Century obviously the Badass of the day on this episode of Alison Botha. Do you know that name?
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm going to be getting in trouble when I say I don't. But the thing is I probably do. I'm just terrible at names, and like, once you start getting into it, I'll remember most likely.
Speaker 3: I know we've discussed details on her name before, so you definitely know who she is, but you probably just can't remember the name or place it exactly. You soon will, let's say that, So this is her story. I am going to not be telling the story as much as I can of her accusers, Okay. So it's it's strictly as much as I can for her. All Right, you ready for this?
Speaker 1: I'm ready, okay.
Speaker 3: So Allison was born on September twenty second in nineteen sixty six in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Now, unfortunately, Allison's parents went through a divorce when she was only ten years old, something that is quite unfortunate, that is all too common in today's society, but it kind of is the world that we're in. So Allison would spend her life or sorry, most of her childhood living with her mother and brother, so she had developed a very close relationship with her MoMA, specifically in her early years, Alison led pretty much a fairly normal life. She served as head girl at her high school for girls in Port Elizabeth. When she finished her education, she spent a few years traveling abroad. She was never quite sure what she wanted to do with her life as for a living or anything, and eventually when she did come home from abroad, her mom was like quite happy to have her back. So after she returned home, Alison did find a job as an insurance broker, which she enjoyed quite a bit right on, So she was just kind of living her life finding out who she was, not too sure who she was, exploring herself in life.
Speaker 1: You know, that sounds common. I think a lot of people go through that.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent, and I mean honestly and that young. I miss those those days, you know, just kind of exploring, trying to figure out who you are. Now I'm just trying to figure out which way I can bend over so my back doesn't hurt, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Still on the season. I just feel like I'm figuring out who I am. Yeah, does it ever really end?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think it does. And I think that's kind of a cool part of life though, is you're always developing, you're always growing, So that's.
Speaker 1: Kind of cool exactly.
Speaker 3: But I definitely miss trying to figure out who I was when when I didn't have joint pain, you know.
Speaker 1: And like bills and a bunch of responsibilities and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I could stay up till three am, wake up at six am for work.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh that would kill you.
Speaker 3: Now I'm in bed by nine o'clock and that's.
Speaker 1: Even sinhen I was going to be like seven or eight, I'm like, who are you hey? Who are you hey?
Speaker 3: I do that when I'm really tired. I've had long weeks. Okay, I have a nice cup of tea and I go to bed early.
Speaker 1: I know what. I'm just like, Wow, who am I married to?
Speaker 3: I'm married to responsible adults? Okay, I said that we're responsible adult I said, I don't know. I can't replicate it, but it was weird, you know what I mean. Anyways, care moving on, on the evening of December eighteenth, nineteen ninety four, Allison was at the time twenty seven years old when she had spent that evening hanging out with some of her friends. Now they went to the beach and enjoyed each other's company, and even though it was December, you know, in South Africa that's summertime, whereas here in Canada that's dead of winter. So they're rocking the beach, you know, the warm weather, suns shine in, just having.
Speaker 1: A good old time sounds awesome.
Speaker 3: Right, I want to go to the beach right now in fast till me too. When they were done at the beach, they went ended up going back to Alison's place where they ordered pizza and they continued to play games and stuff just have fun. It was around one am when they decided to call it an evening, and Allison ended up ended up driving sorry one of her friends home before heading back to her home herself. Now, she pulled up to her usual parking spot that she had just left and it was occupied. Someone had taken it, so she was forced to find somewhere else to park her vehicle. So she drove around the block and found somewhere not too far away to park, and just when she began to get out of her car, suddenly, out of the shadows of the dark evening, a man brandishing a knife threatened her.
Speaker 1: Dang.
Speaker 3: He made his way into the car and said, I quote move over or I'll kill you. He told her exactly that as he forced his way into the driver's seat, and he said he wanted her car keys. So reluctant and scared rightfully, so Alison did what she told was told. She climbed to the passenger seat and handed over the keys. The man started the car ignition and drove off into the night. Dang, that's terrifying.
Speaker 1: That is absolutely terrifying. Who the fuck took her spot?
Speaker 3: Like? Come on, well, I mean, what if it was a setup, right, what if they saw her leave thinking well, she's gonna come back and they parked.
Speaker 1: Who knows, Oh, I guess.
Speaker 3: Or but if it was just a coincidence, yeah, who knows? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because I mean a lot, not a lot of people would probably be out at that time, and you know who knows. Okay.
Speaker 3: So this man, as he was driving, he told Alison, I quote, I don't want to hurt you. I just want to use your car for an hour. So Alison thought about jumping out before the car pulled away, even though she had a knife to her throat, but she chose not to. She didn't want to believe the worst. She didn't want to believe that anything even close to the worst was going to happen to her. Instead, she chose to believe in the best, that this man wasn't going to hurt her, that he was going to use a car, and soon it was going to be all over. So she didn't leave the car. She didn't jump out. So during the quiet drive, the man broke the silence and spoke to her more. He said, my name's Clinton. He introduced himself. He began small talk and asking her some questions and creating conversation most likely to calm Allison's nerves.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, just easing her.
Speaker 3: Exactly, And that's exactly what it did. It certainly did because she didn't fight, she didn't scream, and she continued to believe that he wasn't going to hurt her. After a little ways, the man pulled the car over and from the shadows again and emerged another man. Oh no, and climbed into the backseat of the car. Then again they drove off. So where's your head going so far? What do you think is going to be happening to Allison and these two individuals.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not what they're saying, I don't think. And she needs to fucking try to run. But then also like, yeah, now there's two, she's even more screwed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then a moving vehicle nonetheless too.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh my gosh, it's not a good thing. Yeah, so I can just judge from your reaction it's not a good thing, or from your facial expressions here.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's definitely not a good thing. Of course, what do you think they're going to go to Candy Mountain?
Speaker 1: I'm on edge Candy Mountain Charlie.
Speaker 3: Whoa. I don't know if you guys can hear that, but we're having like some major feedback.
Speaker 1: It didn't like you're singing, didn't.
Speaker 3: It wasn't singing. It was an impression. Oh, Candy Mountain, Gody, Candy Mountain, Charlie, does anyone get that reference? Let me know if you get that reference? I know you don't, do you? No, I knew it. Anyways, they're certainly not headed to Candy Mountain, let's put it that way. Allison's nerves began to worsen though, with the second man as soon as he joined them. As he climbed in the in the backseat and they began driving again, she looked in the rear view mirror to where the man was sitting, and all she saw when she met his eyes was, and I quote directly from Alison, dead cold. And this is when she knew that she wouldn't be going home.
Speaker 1: Okay, but this is interesting, though, something you just quoted something that she said.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I already said at the beginning. This is the survivor story.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, right, it is okay. Sorry, in my brain, I'm just like this is doomed. She's doomed. Okay, this is good. Okay, I'm happy now.
Speaker 3: You're sure you're okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot that. You said it was survival will like a roller coaster of emotions already.
Speaker 3: Wow? All right? Anyway, is that aside? The three of them drove out of town and they found their way to a dark alcove by a beach, no street lights, no people, and they stopped the car. The first thing Clinton said as he shut off the car was was are you going to fight?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Asshole?
Speaker 2: Yes, she didn't.
Speaker 3: Alison didn't fight. She believed that she, you know, if she was to give into this met these men, that eventually she would find her way home maybe hopefully.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she let.
Speaker 3: Them do what they wanted. Clinton began raping Alison.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Now in the documentary titled Alison, which is available on Amazon Prime, and I highly recommend you guys watch it, most of my information actually comes directly from that, because it is Alison talking in the documentary, telling the whole story.
Speaker 1: Is it like a one episode kind of thing or what?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's about an hour long documentary. Okay, anyways, I suggest you watch it. It is talked about how Clinton was rather I'm going to say the word gentle though, I mean he's raping her, clearly that's not gentle. But he's gentle in the act as if he was trying to give off the idea that he's treating her like a lady. And it seems like he's kind of getting off on that idea. So he's not being I mean, it's sexual assault, but he's not like beating her in the It's like, you know what I'm you know what I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I know you're saying that. I still hate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes it slimy almost yeah, but well not almost it is, but yeah. So anyways, Alison goes on to mention that during the rape, and I quote from her that her boss body responded and to her it was the ultimate betrayal. Now, what I believe she is referring to is an involuntary orgasm during the sexual assault. There have been very few studies on orgasms during rape, but what research has been done says that around five to seven percent of rape victims experience orgasm during the event, and most likely out of the feeling of shame and not wanting to admit that something like this could have happened. Possibly the numbers could be much higher. Okay, so she doesn't say that's what happened, but I'm pretty sure that's what she's inferring, which ultimate betrayal of her own body. Yeah. I can't imagine how one would feel in that situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's quite a way to describe it. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that as soon as she said that, Like I said, she didn't say it, but my heart just sunk for her.
Speaker 1: I was just like wow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So after Clinton had finished, he passed her off to his friend, and in that moment, that friend referred to Clinton as France, and it was then Alison knew Clinton's real.
Speaker 1: Name, France France.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, So the other man took his turn, but he was not going to treat her in any ladylike manner. He immediately grabbed her by the throat and began to squeeze as he raped her violently. The last thing Alison remembered before everything going black and she passed out was when her body let loose and evacuated her bowels. Then silence and darkness.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this is brutal.
Speaker 3: Absolutely horrific. I cannot imagine anyone having to go through that.
Speaker 1: It's disgusting that there's people out there that are that fucking disgusting.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I tried to take a look at some rape statistics, and it's it seemed like it was all over the place. I couldn't find anything specific that I wanted to nail down. Mostly I didn't want to continue researching that because it made me sick. But it's unfathomable the amount of people that go through sexual assault and rape and what they have to experience. So yeah, I don't even know how to respond to that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. This world's really fucked up.
Speaker 3: It's so fucked up. These two douche canoes just doing this sort of stuff. It's like they have no sort of sense or anything. That little angel on their shoulder letting them know what they're doing to another fucking person. Yeah, it's wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, I just I can't even imagine actually going and intentionally hurting someone or taking something like that away from them, because I don't know. I even just like walking down the street, I won't step on like an ant. So I just can't fathom how your brain can be so evil. I know that you could actually go and do something like that. Yeah, it actually, I just I can't ever imagine.
Speaker 3: It's horrific. It's absolutely horrific. Some people are absolutely fucked yeh.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's sad because you had to watch your back, because there's a lot of fucked up people in this world.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, Alison clearly blacked out, whether it was from shock, pain or being choked, but regardless, she blacked out. And when she came to, she came to to a noise, the sound something wet, something cutting.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh.
Speaker 3: The men were taking turns stabbing Alison repeatedly in the pubic area in excess of thirty seven times, what thirty seven times in her lower abdomen and pubic area, Holy shit, until they moved to her throat.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, okay, where.
Speaker 3: Again they both took turns cutting, slashing, and stabbing her a total of seventeen times, all while the pale moon backlighting her attackers, ironically, in Allison's words, gave them a halo.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, okay, this is just so disturbing. Okay, yeah, cat.
Speaker 3: So she helplessly laid there and watched them mulate her body until they turned and left her for dead and drove away.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, the scum of the earth.
Speaker 3: Oh, one hundred percent major fucking.
Speaker 1: Doucees, nasty malphos.
Speaker 3: Now, Luckily, Alison couldn't feel any of the pain. Her body was in such shock her brain overloaded with the sense and couldn't process what to feel. Really, so it didn't it shut down, and her ability to feel pain was pretty much an existent To be fair, I'm sure she felt some pain, but like the stabbing, the cutting, that sort of stuff, she did not.
Speaker 1: Feel, which is good.
Speaker 3: Yes, So she was left there lying alone.
Speaker 1: To basically like they just left her to like fleet to death.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, they most likely thought she was already dead, and I believe they began cutting at her throat when her leg twitched and they went to try and ensure she was dead. However, she wasn't dead, and she may not have been able to feel, but she did hear the sound of her own breathing, wet and heavy gasps of air through the gaping hole in her neck.
Speaker 1: Gosh.
Speaker 3: She laid there in the sand with only that sound until she was left with a choice. At this moment, Alison said that she had an out of body experience moment, and she knew she had a choice. She could leave and be set free, or she could settle in to the fight of her life and try and survive. And so that's exactly what she did. The first thing she did in order to try and survive was to ensure that her attackers were identified. Okay, in the sand in front of her during the whole ordeal, whether they meant to or not, she learned both of their names.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she wrote friends and theeans both of their names in the sand, and beneath it, just in case she didn't make it, she wrote, I love mom.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, okay, you had to do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: That's heartbreaking as ship. Okay, you're good, Yeah, I'm good. Well ish ish Okay was what was the other dude's names?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure, you want to punch a couple of assholess? Yeah, those guys they need They just deserve a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh, they deserve to fucking rot. Let me tell you that right now. Yep, they fucking trysh So she wrote this and after that she made to trot. She made an attempt to try and stand to her feet. There we go. Sorry, But before she did, she managed to feel her abdomen and it was wet and warm, and in her hands she realized she held her own intestines.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So she reached out and grabbed her own denim shirt that was laying on the ground next to her, and she wrapped it around her her stomach and tried her best to hold her own stomach inside her as she stood up.
Speaker 1: Holy, Holy Holy.
Speaker 3: As she stood up, the only thing she could see were the stars. And I don't mean like metaphorically, like when you talked on the head stars, literal stars. She was staring straight up at the sky because the muscles at the front of her neck were severed and her head flopped back so far on its own. She was staring straight up and most likely even back quite a ways because, as she described it, her head was laying back between her shoulder plates.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Okay, that is just unbelievable that someone in that state could even like stand up, like are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she managed to hold her stomach in stand up, place her hand on the top of her head right itself up and hold her head as she made her way towards the road.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that is too much now.
Speaker 3: She said. It was almost like someone else took over her body and was doing the steps for her, and somehow she managed to make it, just all of a sudden. All she remembers was she was there at the road, and at the road she collapsed, and a distant pair of headlights came, drawing closer. They grew larger and larger as it got closer and closer, But the car just went around Alison as she laid there helpless. What and the car kept going?
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: Did not notice her on the road?
Speaker 3: I'm sure it did?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Dead serious?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, now, thank.
Speaker 3: Another car did come shortly after, and a man got out by the name of Tien Ellard. Now he found the battered and bloodied Allison in the road, terrified and unable to speak, but he got down, he held her hand, and him and his friends managed to actually have a cell phone from nineteen ninety fucking was it nineteen ninety four?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that's what you said.
Speaker 3: They actually had a cell phone, and they called the ambulance.
Speaker 2: Oh, good and.
Speaker 3: This man Tienne laid there holding her hand the entire time.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, which is so incredible. It's like the complete reverse of what the fuck happened earlier with these man to this, Like, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Alison describes this man as her knight and shining armor.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it makes you want a ball.
Speaker 3: Now, the ambulance would have been about fifteen minutes away, but it took them over forty minutes to arrive. Why well, on their way to the hospital, they weren't in much of a rush. They had pretty much written off Alison for dead. So why rush?
Speaker 1: Are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 3: That's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: That is bullshit. I was gonna say baloney, but that is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Tienne even was like can we hurry up?
Speaker 1: And they're just like, why are you kidding? That is okay? So now we're just like going to complete all over the place of just humanity right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, humanity mostly sucks mostly, let's put it that way, because we have people like Tian. Yeah, and we'll find out later here that there are I don't really talk about specific doctors or anything, but there are doctors that definitely put in the elbow grip.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but I paramedic should also be doing that.
Speaker 3: Oh they should. So anyways, miraculously again Alison pulled through. She made it to the hospital alive, and fun fact, Tian Ellard actually from this instant went on to become a doctor from.
Speaker 1: This Oh my gosh, I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, anyways, Alison was in rough shape. Her throat was cut from ear to ear. It went straight through the front of her neck, muscles and trachea, so she was clearly breathing through the gaping hole in her neck. She also had some cuts and stabs a little bit lower in her throat into her chest. Miraculously, it did not pierce her lungs or her heart. The slashes in her neck did not touch her carotid arteries, so that on its own is how the fuck did that happen?
Speaker 1: It's like a miracle.
Speaker 3: Really. Oh yeah. Basically, her abdomen was completely disemboweled and she had a length of her intestines laying on the outside of her body. As I had already discussed that were coated in beach sand, dirt and debris, which meant extreme cleaning and scrubbing of her organs were necessary to prevent infections during surgery. Further inspections of her body showed that with the damage done to her pubic region, it was highly unlikely she would ever be able to bear children. So she went through some major surgeries and somehow she survived the whole ordeal.
Speaker 1: Alison made it, Wow, that is incredible. Yep, She's just like a superhuman.
Speaker 3: She's like literally a fucking superhero, Like, Yeah, how the fuck can you survive that? Seventeen slashes and stabs and hacks to your neck, thirty seven to your abdomen and you hold her own neck head in place and walk away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like her physical strength, but then also her mental strength, because how many people, if they had that choice and we're in that ruff of shape, would probably just be like, yeah, I'm done, Like I'm out.
Speaker 3: And the mental strength that she had to go and endure during her recovery as well. They talk about it in the documentary quite a bit, but I'm not gonna be touching on it too much because I kind of want you to go watch that documentary and see some of the other information that I do pass by. But in some of the things like court proceedings and such. During her healing process. A lot of times she was mentioning that she would basically just have to like drop her pants and just show the wounds and how they're healing. Well, I don't know how far it meant by like dropping her pants into who specifically, not like necessarily in court, but I'm sure to investigate her. She's definitely having to drop her pants quite a bit because it wasn't like the attack was like between the legs to her vagina specifically, it was the pubic region right like above. So she's definitely having to drop her pants and stuff at least somewhat, and having to show people the healing process and having to relive the accounts over and over and over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on her body and just yeah, the scarring and oh at all.
Speaker 3: There was one incident in the court where she said that she always thought that her neck was one of her strongest features and look at it now. So just things like that that just would have messed with someone immensely. So yeah, that's jumping ahead a little bit though to that documentary again, do go check it out after we have done this episode. Allison's recovery though, was a rough one, of course, but yeah, she was now faced with the fact of needing to identify the two men who attacked her.
Speaker 1: And they're just like they were probably just like shocked, like utterly shocked that she survived this.
Speaker 3: The attackers, yeah, oh, I'm sure they were. I'm pretty sure they thought she was dead. So anyways, investigators brought her a folder filled with local criminals in the area, and as they flipped through the pages, she.
Speaker 1: Found one really friends.
Speaker 3: However, she was unable to speak as her throat was healing. It had been sutured together and she had a breathing tube down her throat to help her breathe. However, she did point him out and she wrote his name down on a piece of paper. Then, continuing in the folder, she saw and pointed out the next man and wrote his name down.
Speaker 1: To Wow, so these guys are already just like winners prior to just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we could call them winners. Sure, why not?
Speaker 1: I'm being very sarcastic here. I'm well aware the fact that they're in the fucking book.
Speaker 3: They're fucking slime.
Speaker 1: Oh god, oh okay, just the fact that there is a book. Okay, sorry, the fact that there is a book and yet these people are just in the streets.
Speaker 3: It's just I'm not too sure how criminal these criminals in the book are known to be.
Speaker 1: I know, but that does happen though. Oh there's people out there that should not ever be out there, and then they're just recommitting and lah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Regardless though of the degree that people are for being in the book, they were in the book, and the fact that she was identified able to identify him. Police were absolutely thrilled and they were thrilled that she was able to help. However, apparently to the chief prosecutor, it would be more effective if Allison was able to say their names verbally. Why, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, just like torment her a little more.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It almost seems that way to me.
Speaker 1: That's really weird.
Speaker 3: I know, it was very fucking odd, and it's like what the fuck? So of course Alison's doctor is like pretty much panicking, like, okay, we now have to remove the breathing tube because she's on assisted breathing right now, and we just literally stitched her throat together pulling this tube belt could.
Speaker 1: Oh like that you wanted him to do it? Then? And there yeah, say the name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the heck?
Speaker 3: Yeah no. The police came back that same day and said, yeah, the chief prosecutor wants you to say the names verbally.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, this messed up.
Speaker 3: This means pulling the tube out of a freshly stitched together throat. So anyways, the doctor went and discussed this with Alison and how seriously concerned he was with this happening, and Allison was like, wrote down, was like pull it out.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So yeah, against the doctor's instincts, the tube was removed, and Allison managed to utter. The first words out of her mouth was that's wonderful, followed by the names my attackers were friends and theans.
Speaker 1: Huh, what do you mean that's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Whether it was sarcasm or that's wonderful that the tube is out, I don't know, but for first words where that's wonderful. Then my attackers were friends and theans.
Speaker 1: Geez, I don't think that even my.
Speaker 3: First worse I know, right, thank you?
Speaker 1: Like an asshole? God, oh my god, what a fucking badass. Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Like her throat is stitched together.
Speaker 1: She's just like unstoppable.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's absolutely insane. So she went on to the point or sorry. She went on to point them out in a lineup as well later on in her recovery and the two men friends, I'm really going to butcher their name, but fran Detoit and theans Krueger, I'm not going to talk about them much, but she did point them out. She's and I believe there was actual footage of her in that lineup, and she's like, they look a bit different now, but these are them. But anyways, I'm not going to talk about them too much. They were both known criminals, hence why they were in that book, and they were both they both had a history of rape, each of them. Oh yeah, So anyways, they were quickly prosecuted and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole for their attack on Alison. Both good, yeah.
Speaker 1: Very much, so good.
Speaker 3: However, don't.
Speaker 1: Don't, don't don't what, don't don't what?
Speaker 3: However, a political decision meant that prisoners who were sentenced prior to October twenty or sorry, two thousand and four had automatically become eligible for parole.
Speaker 1: Wow wow, Yeah, so they're out right now, aren't they?
Speaker 3: Well, there was they have been up for parole. However, thankfully, to date, neither man has been granted parole.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness, i'd raged.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, so Alison wrote letters, you know, like pleaning to basically keep them behind bars. There was protests like you name it.
Speaker 1: Well because honestly, if they got oh, chances are they very much si reoffend.
Speaker 3: And people like that who literally hacked and slashed someone like that, I'll just understod on parole. Like the judge prior to who was on the sentencing specifically put like notes like these guys are never wrote for fucking parole. So the fact that this political thing is all like oh they're they're up for parole and everything like that, I think that note is definitely making it a possibility that they they're never up for parole.
Speaker 1: Good good that judge it good then.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyways, so Alison thankfully lived, and live is exactly what she has gone on to do. She found and married the love of her life in February of nineteen ninety seven, and together they conceive to sons. Holy she was able to bear children.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's incredible. Actually, it's beyond incredible.
Speaker 3: Her whole story like what she went through, what she survived, even the fact that she was describing the fact that she had a choice to survive and she chose to fight. And then she goes on to not only to survive, but then survive the odds because there's there's some things like you can't just fight through, like the damage to your body. It's up to your body to heal or it's up to how the damage was done. If you are going to be able to have children again, you can fight your will to live as much as you want, but your will to have children, like that's that's your anatomy, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, right, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: So the fact that she won those odds on top of all of it is absolutely fucking mind blowing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is incredible.
Speaker 3: So Alison, like I said, has a great family now, she is living absolutely happily. She has gone on to become an inspirational speaker, travel and telling her story worldwide. She will quite literally go up on stage and she will tell her story to crowds and crowds of people. She will describe every bit of detail what she went through. And I can't imagine looking people in the face and describing that sort of thing and having the strength to keep talking.
Speaker 1: Wow. She is incredible human being and like her little boys, lucky to have that kind of a mom. Hey.
Speaker 3: Wow. So she had put out the documentary that I had previously mentioned called Alison, and also a book which describes her journey and how it affected her in her life, titled I Have Life, and that she most certainly does.
Speaker 1: Is it a L I s O n yep? Okay, I'm definitely looking this up. I want to watch. I want to like listen to her and just see her. That is amazing.
Speaker 3: So that is the story of Alice and botha the badass of the day for wicked and grim and I'm pretty sure the badass of the century because holy shit. Yeah, that is absolutely insane. And I am so happy that she managed to survive because I the.
Speaker 1: World needs her people like that. That is incredible. Yeah huh okay. And I actually didn't have never heard of that hadn't heard of that story, so well, I know we have discussed some details before about it. Okay, Well, I must be forgetting, really, can you forget? I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I remember telling you about I think it was a couple of months ago when I first ran across across her story and I was telling you about someone like quite literally surviving a beheading and her holding her own head on.
Speaker 1: Her Okay, that rings a bell. Okay, yeah, yeah, this is her. Yeah, well well done, thank you. It's nice to have a story like that. That's a good one. Well it's not good what she went through, but just that she survived.
Speaker 3: And then she prevailed. Yeah, came through the other end, and she is very happy with her life and she is making a point to live and that's it's just wow.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so awesome, absolutely inspirational. And Alison didn't even have to stand up in front of a stage and tell us for me to be inspired.
Speaker 1: By her right now, no kidding, Yeah, she just keeps going like that is awesome, awesome.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna go watch Alison the documentary?
Speaker 1: Yeah I might right now. I'm just like I need to watch this, all.
Speaker 3: Right, You guys should go check it out. It is on Amazon Prime. That is not a sponsored thing. That's just where it is, so Amazon Prime Video. You can go check it out. It is worth the watch, let me tell you so. Yeah, So shout out to Alison the badass of the day. If you want to check out our links for social media for patrin on all in the description below, and what else do we have to say anything?
Speaker 1: It's a very short goodbye because we'll we'll chat with you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And Nichole is gonna be presenting an epic case tomorrow. Are you going to tell him what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure, I'm doing the the quite the story of Lacy Peterson, Lacy and Scott Peterson.
Speaker 3: Is it a survivor's story or will we have to tune in to find out.
Speaker 1: It is not a survivor's story? All right?
Speaker 3: Well, buckle, you see thouts, ladies and gentlemens and Theayse and them's because here we go, yep, tomorrow dropping it.
Speaker 1: There we go. Until then, stay wicked.