Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Good morning. This is Ed McMahon. I know ladies and gentlemen, geez rid right, all right, wakey, wake games, hands off, Cupcakey rod Ryan show checking in on this milk Monday. Guys, hope you had a great weekend. We're back at it for a full five days. We have really, really big tickets to give to you this week. It's gonna be a big week. It's gonna be a very busy week. Fresh out of bed Head to Head Abby is back on with us. She's gonna go for win number two. Fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge will play at six to twenty. Let's talk about pitt tickets, pits, Tickets to Falling in Reverse Friday Night, Woodlands Pavilion. We've got tickets for you all week. We'll hook you up at Home Room on the Fun Fact Flashback Pit tickets to thirty seconds to Mars at AFI Thursday Night, Woodlands Back to Back shows. Man, We're gonna give those tickets to you. On the Texas Hammer Game. Our second game the day Texas Hammer Game played at around seven to twenty. Third game of the day, the Suburb Summer Sizzler, Seabrook Rosenberg. Are we in the Great eight? Yes we are, Yes we are. We got some stuff going on with the Houston Zoom. We got some Bush Jerry Cantrell candle box tickets for you that we're gonna sprinkle in. And there's a really good chance that we're getting that. We're gonna get to rain today. About a seventy percent chance of scavit thunderstorms today, highs up around eighty eight. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Hey, good running Rod, Good morning home room.
Speaker 4: So the twenty twenty four presidential race is gonna shift in a high gear this week. You can expect both candidates. They are setting up to hit the campaign trail. Vice President Kamala Harrison her running mate Tim Walls are kicking off a bus tour in the battleground state of Georgia on Wednesday this week, and then former President Trump and his running mate JD. Vance will also hold several events in swing states this week.
Speaker 3: By the way, Robert F.
Speaker 4: Kennedy Junior dropped out of the twenty twenty four presidential race. He says it was due to censorship by major network.
Speaker 3: So we talk about that this morning.
Speaker 4: Also, Boeing Starliner astronauts will not return to Earth an till February. So this was supposed to be like a ten day mission, but now Barry Butch, Wilmore and sneedsa Sudney Williams.
Speaker 3: They are. They announced over the.
Speaker 4: Weekend that these two are gonna have to stay in space until February, over seven months after they launch. Okay, So they are going to send that Space ex Crew nine capsule that'll be providing them with special space suits so they can interface with a SpaceX capsule. And then as for the star Liner, NASA says it's going to return to Earth without a crew once Boeing updates the software in the capsule so that it can undock from the space station.
Speaker 3: Pretty wild. I don't know what they have at the station.
Speaker 4: I just know that something that was supposed to be ten days turn into seven months.
Speaker 3: I'd be a little irritated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Is it okay to lie to that chronically late friend and tell them that an event starts earlier than it really does.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, okay.
Speaker 3: I agree. It's a trending topic.
Speaker 4: After a woman on TikTok showed up to an eight PM dinner at A twenty two. She got there and her friends had actually made the reservation for a thirty because they knew she would actually be late.
Speaker 2: So this has turned into this whole car I was watching it this morning and you absolutely can lie to that person. They're constantly late.
Speaker 4: We did this to our entire group of friends for the lake. We're like, okay, we're leaving at eleven thirty. No, we told everyone ten thirty because we knew if we did that, we could be on the lake by noon.
Speaker 3: So totally fine. Keanu Reeves made one.
Speaker 4: Of his teenage dreams come true last week's sorta. He signed a one day contract with Canadian ice hockey team. They're called the windsor Spitfires. So Kanu was a goalie in high school. He must have been pretty good because he was a prospect for the Ontario Hockey League, but he got injured and took up acting, so he signed with his team, mainly for charity. All the money he raised will be for the Canadian Mental Health Association. So they like signed a jersey, He's got his name on the back of it and stuff. It's off shootout Ron, How are you taking this news? Gallaghers are teasing and Oasis reunion. So if you go to Oasis social media, there's like a clock ticking and it shows the date of August twenty seven, twenty twenty four, and it's just flickering, flickering, and then it says eight am. So are we going to get announcement for them tomorrow at eight am? That's what it appears to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if they if I don't know if they're cann announce anything in the US. I'm hearing rumors that there's gonna be stadium shows over in England.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how many like Glassesbury It ends like because they'll do like two shows and they'll fight and they'll break up again.
Speaker 2: Well we said this about Guns and Roses when Slash got back together and the money was just too much that they got along billionaires they got along. You know, Guns and Roses was even maybe more volatile than the Oasis brothers or than the Gallagher brothers. So I don't know, but yeah, big announcement tomorrow. And then also Lincoln Park on their socials they got something somehot of our countdown clock That countown clock goes till December, like maybe December first or something, so they've got an announcement coming. But yeah, Oasis tomorrow baby, all right, once you got over there. First off, Happy birthday, Rodney, Thank you you. Astro's gotta win.
Speaker 5: Last night they beat the Oil six to three. Alex Pregnant and Yan your Diaz both homeward in the game. For the shows, they're gonna split their they split their four games series at Baltimore.
Speaker 6: Tonight.
Speaker 5: They're gonna open up a three game series with the Phillies in Philadelphia. Renel Blanco is gonna be on the mountin for the Show's going up against Philadelphia's Zach Wheeler.
Speaker 6: First page is at five.
Speaker 5: Forty and you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 6: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Here we go four hours of pain. Who's up? Who's ready to rock with us? Come on, Chili's got every single phone line open right now. You can't tell me you can't get through. He's just waiting there, twiddling his thumbs, just waiting to talk to you. Okay, if you want it on the first phone call seven one, three two five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Ninety four five The buzz Foo Fighters learned to fly and we are off and running on this milk. Monday. Welcome back from the weekend. I hope everybody had a great weekend.
Speaker 6: Alex.
Speaker 2: We were just discussing. You have six you had six picks this weekend.
Speaker 6: Send him over at Chili.
Speaker 2: So Sunday night, what eight o'clock, get the kid in here? I need pictures?
Speaker 5: No hell, Saturday night, I remember to add it. So I've done a couple of things Saturday.
Speaker 2: It's easy. You got a dog, you got a kid, you got a wife. It's like boom, here's a picture of some food. You're done.
Speaker 6: What am I watching?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I mean I even look at your picture yet, but they're great. Do I have it? You're gonna love You have a pretty good rundown.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's a weezy picture, but there was a there's definitely an l picture.
Speaker 6: You get you get all you to see.
Speaker 5: My my niece Winter, Okay, were matching outfit.
Speaker 2: I've not met Winter yet. Yeah, she's in the same age as London, so I know I gotta get them together for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were matching outfits yesterday, like cute af Okay.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 6: I like that very cute.
Speaker 2: See Daddy likey I like that. I can't wait to see that. All right, So those are up, but Chili's got those. Those are going up on links, and yesterday I sent him a ton of stuff that's going to go up this this morning as well. So fresh out of BedHead you had, Abby goes for win number two. We're going to play that game at around six, one of the first of three games today, Texas Hammer Game at seven to twenty Summer Summer Sizzler. We're in the Great eight. There's seven games left grade eight seven games.
Speaker 6: It's like four games left.
Speaker 2: I thought, by so fast, gone five six seven games, yes, twenty five. Oh my god. The winner of today's game goes into the final four, gets two hundred and fifty dollars cash, and gets tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty ten.
Speaker 6: As keeps right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a big, big deal. So anybody that gets into that final four, Thank you Show, Federal Credit Union gets some cash, and then I even sweeten the pot a little bit with those Anniversary show tickets. Okay, So pit passes this week falling in reverse playing Friday Night we'll have those for you in home room. We'll get you in the pit for that show on the fun Fact Flashback, and then the other pit tickets were given away for well Monday through Thursday because they're playing Thursday night is thirty seconds to Mars. Have you guys seen this Jared Leto? Is he bungee jumping at every venue? I feel like he Have you not seen any of the He's like these viral videos of him?
Speaker 4: Indeed, but I did those feel like a one off? It felt like a one off the one I saw.
Speaker 2: I've seen too many of them.
Speaker 5: He does so much crazy stuff all the time, so like, I don't know if this is an old video I'm watching or I'm like, is he doing this now? Yeah, I haven't seen it doing the high dives basically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen him doing some some bungee jumping. And I don't know if it's every venue is signing off on that. I mean, that's it's a.
Speaker 6: Sign some sort of insurance form, I would imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So all right, well, we're gonna talk about that all week long, and we'll get you in the pit for a lot of these great shows.
Speaker 7: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: All right, it looks like Jessica got through first.
Speaker 5: Jessica, good morning, good morning. Hey, how are you today?
Speaker 2: I'm good? How are you all so great? Thank you for asking? What are you doing up so early?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: On my way to work? Yeah, okay, what do you do?
Speaker 7: I'm a respiratory therapist that Texas children.
Speaker 2: What time do you start? Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: Are you on time right now? Like like where you're supposed to be. You're doing what you're supposed to be doing at this time. Are you a little behind? Are you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: No, I'm ahead of schedule.
Speaker 2: I don't like traffic. I'm with you, Sis, I'm totally with you, Sis. What do you got this one? Jessica?
Speaker 5: Not that I honestly didn't think I'm going to get through, So I guess I just want to say everybody.
Speaker 7: Have a good saved Monday morning.
Speaker 5: But everyone has a good day.
Speaker 2: This is awesome. So you just what you were just trying to. I don't like to see if Chili really does pick up the phone, and he does, Yeah, he does. This is living proof. Okay, very good, all right, Jessica, I have a great day at work. Thanks for chiming in. I appreciate you being a part of home room. Thanks, okay, thank you. Let's jessic everybody.
Speaker 3: Time and earlier early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's like, she's not like that story that we have on links and guestterday you already talked about it. Can you lie to somebody that is chronically late all the time? Yes, of course.
Speaker 6: That's absolutely true.
Speaker 2: So listen it was. It was a silly little TikTok video and then when I saw like how it took off and how it it turned into a huge discussion, I kind of liked it. So that's on Links and yes, we're gonna get into that a little bit today as well. All Right, on the flip of this, Braak got a reck check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed head to head, Bad Bad, Bad Bad Mad Mabbie gotta be up and ready to.
Speaker 8: Rock Houston, Houston's alternative and helm of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Thirty four to five The Buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan's show on this milk Monday. I've got a really good chance of getting some rain today. About a seventy percent chance of some scattered thunderstorms. Highs today of around eighty eight. What's trending.
Speaker 3: Justin Bieber has successfully reproduced. Him and his wife Haley have given birth to a baby boy.
Speaker 2: I don't bury the headline. Kids get a normal name.
Speaker 3: His name's Jack Jack Blues Bieber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a normal name for a celebrity. It's like the most normal name that any celebrity has ever named their kid.
Speaker 9: I like it.
Speaker 3: It's nice.
Speaker 2: You know, he's not called paper clip or something like that.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, Well that'll be the second babe.
Speaker 6: Elon's kids man A bunch of numbers and letters.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, Walmart recalled apple juice sold in twenty five states due to arsenic So they recalled almost ten thousand cases of apple juice sold in twenty five states. So that's a big headline this morning. And then for us, obviously it's Samuel. That's our number one blog page. Everyone's clicking on. That's what's trending on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 2: Okay, who's a champion? Hamby?
Speaker 7: Right? Abby?
Speaker 2: Okay, Good morning everyone. This is Addie and I'm back. I am your fresh out of bed head ahead one day camp.
Speaker 7: Now, I've swim together.
Speaker 2: A couple of wins back in May, so now I know exactly what I'm doing here. Join me on Monday when I make it win number two bitches. All right, Well, there you have it. I don't know if it's just happening for me. Well, hey, if you want to play call seven one, nine five, could you guys go over to Lincoln Park's instagram. They've got this one hundred hour countdown clock. But it seems to start from one hundred hours every time I click on it. It's not like a continuing thing, so I don't know when it's gonna end. Yeah, and let's just me, I don't know.
Speaker 10: Just go see.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem like it's a live timer. Here is Lincoln Park. They got something brewing. It's ninety four or five Buzz four or five the buzz, Good morning, Ron Ryan's show. All right, So what Lincoln Park has posted on their Instagram page is just a video of a one hundred hour countdown clock. TESTA was smart enough to go over to Lincoln Park's website, and you said that's sitting at around fifty four hours.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, fifty four hours, and that one is counting down.
Speaker 2: Okay, So yeah, I guess you can't do a live countdown clock on Instagram.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it just says to me, have a video.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Every time I clicked on it, I'm like, it's starting from the beginning again. I couldn't quite figure out what was going on. So yeah, the website, so they've got an announcement. Is it going to be a new singer? I hope? So you know my thoughts on this, That's what I'm hoping. If it's some anniversary box set. If they're doing a countdown clock to put out a box set, I'm gonna be really disappointed, I am.
Speaker 5: I can also see it being that fifty four, so fifty some hours to go for that.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, I think we're gonna get information about Oasis that all this stuff is. Chilie's got it all on the music blog page. All right, we've got about a seventy percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today, highs them around eighty eight.
Speaker 5: Hit it, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head chant as the listeners to your corners.
Speaker 2: Abbey, good morning, good morning Abby? How are you?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: An, let's try this again? All right, you're going for win number two today?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, taking on?
Speaker 2: Did you have a good weekend? I don't great. Take it out, Robert, Robert, you're hurt. Bro Is this your first time playing I am a fresh fish? Make way for the fresh fishy? Okay, listen, it's like that first call that came through. She was just calling to see if the phone's even worked. I don't know what worked for you today, but you picked up the phone and where where that's the og fresh fish, Cliff, that's the one from Shawshank. That's right, okay, Robert, Well, welcome in, dude. I hope you do better than what happened to that guy in shraw Shank.
Speaker 3: I hope so too.
Speaker 2: I think Hadley just beat him right there, right, just beat him. All right, here we go, Robert. Oh, you got to do a shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Abby knows how to do this, Robert. Apparently there's some delay. I don't know about this. I've never played. Just shot out your name quickly. What are they playing for?
Speaker 3: I have a rude to a T shirt?
Speaker 2: Okay, Robert? Are you ready? Y Abbie? Abby? You ready? The music? I was waiting For question number one, who wrote? Who wrote?
Speaker 11: And sang?
Speaker 2: I walked the line and ring of fire? Adam Abby.
Speaker 5: Sonny Cash's correct answer, job, Robert, Yes, their slow is the turtle.
Speaker 2: Yeah you were slow on that one, dude. Abbie's not going to go easy on you at all.
Speaker 6: She's not.
Speaker 2: She wants to be here, all right. Question number two maybe easier question. I think this one's easier. What month are we in? Abby? Abby? August? Is that January? For every March we're in August? We are in August. Now, there was more to that question, what month are we in? That is synonymous with back to school? I don't think we needed the extra part. I well, Abbie clearly didn't need it. She just needed what month are we currently in? Hey, Robert, she smoked you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't even hear it.
Speaker 1: I'm yep, I got you.
Speaker 2: I didn't even hear that one.
Speaker 9: So I'm not gonna even complain on that.
Speaker 2: One, all right, bro? Yeah wait a minute, you sure? Because I actually I've been an educator, so I know not to complain. I actually budgeted some time to complain. But that's great news. Okay, good, we'll be we'll be we'll be ahead of schedule this morning. All right, Robert, have a great day. I appreciate you playing. Thank you having a good job. Have a good day. Why what a nice guy? What a nice hey? Would everybody take a listen to what just happened here on the street. I don't even know how to hand. What do I do with my hands? I don't even know what to do right now? Hey, Abby, great job. You want to play tomorrow?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was hoping you'd say, yeah, hey baby, would you like me to slather some barbecue oil on your back? I can I say barbecue? I didn't. I didn't mean barbecue shot ninety four five, okay, ninety four the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show at Switchfoot, who are out on the road. If you follow Blue October on their socials, let me tell you I mean Justin's just a nice guy. Okay, we all know that he's our pal. He's playing the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. But they seem like a match made in heaven. They're on tour with Switchfoot right now, and you can see both guys up on stage together like the lead singer of switch Foot. They really and I can't wait to talk to justin about it. But it's coming across that these guys are like best friends right now. So I don't know if they've toured together. I think they've done I'm sure they've done shows together over the years, but I don't know how this tour got put together. But boy do they seem like they're getting along. There's a lot of crossover between Switchfoot and Blue October. They just played a huge show over the weekend too. I think in Salt Lake City with a big v look like the Woodlands, you get a seventy percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today. Hies up around eighty eight. Bring the champ, fransh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 7: Good morning everybody, this is Abby.
Speaker 2: Sorry, no one slam clam here, fellas.
Speaker 5: I am your fresh out of bed.
Speaker 7: Head You ahead, two day champion. Join me on Tuesday when I make it win number three.
Speaker 10: You have it.
Speaker 2: I mean, she was lights out today. See if she can keep that up. We're gonna give away some pit passes to you guys in homeroom holding in reverses playing on Friday night Woodland's Pavilion. That pitch should be active we'll get you in there coming up. But first, it's the fuck that's.
Speaker 7: To the day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart and funny, your buddy, it's the fuck back to the day. Here's some fun facts for you today. I'm not even gonna twell. I am okay, I am going to try. I know I'm gonna kill this. Dude's name a chef name Heidi Kazu Tojo, Heidikazo Tojo. You know who that is, right, check you know. He claims that he created the California role in the late seventies at his restaurant in Vancouver, British Columbia. He says it became California role because of the contents crab and avocado. That's the abbreviation of California. The abbreviation for the state of California c A. But Canada is also c A, so it could be a Canadian role. So it is Cameroon, Cameroon. Excuse me, you're gonna eat the Cameroon. I think it's a Maan role.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: CAA is also Canada, so I mean that's what they're dot CA. They're like their Internet. I don't know that's what that's where the California role came from Heidi Kazu Tojo. That's him in the song high Voltage by the rock and roll band A C d C. The chord progression in the chorus of the song hell.
Speaker 11: Is a C d C.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 2: Who thought that I do? Now I share with my friends voltage rock and roll. Jack White from the White Stripes, remember when nobody knew where they brother and sister, where they married. I mean, when they first came out, there was a lot of like weirdness going on. Here's what we got. Jack White from the White Stripes took his wife Meg's last name when they got married. His and I don't even know if it's called a maiden name when it's a dude, but his maiden name name was Gillis. That's neat hell. Is it a maiden name for a guy?
Speaker 6: It should be maron the matron's name.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, Okay, maybe that should be it. Okay, guys, it's the fun. Back to the day. We make you look smart. Everybody's the fuck to the day. Okay, talk about this. These pit tickets here, well.
Speaker 4: They're for following you reverse at the Wordlands Pavilion this Friday.
Speaker 3: So you got a Friday night show in the pit, figure it out.
Speaker 2: Oh it's awesome. Okay, what comic book hero. According to the Official Comic Book, their height is listed as five foot three inches. The person playing this comic book hero on the big screen is much taller than that. I'll just there's your clue to get in the pit. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, there's that money guy right there.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 1: Hell, happy birthday riding? Oh well, thank you, yeah, thank you. How do you do on Wall Street Friday? It was a great down Wall Street? If that was up four hundred and sixty two points. Kickoff this morning at forty one thousand and one seventy five nasdak up two hundred and fifty eight to seventeen thousand and eight seventy seven benchmark ten. Your treasury is training at a three point eight percent and oil stands at seventy six dollars sixty five cents a burrow to the most actives, the big Studs, Home Depot, Goldman, Saxon, Intel, the big duds, Visa, and Procter and gamble on the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on durable goods orders for July right now. Futures looking good. They're on the upside. Hanging on to this be a pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it, Matt here. This is Halan managed director with the Ram James ported for The Rod Ryan Show from Amy James.
Speaker 2: On, Sam philipp and Gustin.
Speaker 1: Don't forget toys, rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 8: Opimian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, IART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance trans mention.
Speaker 7: We'll continue.
Speaker 8: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to you Herand because program is are educational and informational services on late, the studs and duds are based on movement as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 2: Be four or five the buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan Show, milf Monday. Ever heard of it. We got some really awesome pit passes for you this week.
Speaker 3: Fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let me do this here. That's okay, Alex, I got it, I got it. Good morning. Who's on the phone here, Hello, Hello, good morning, well, good morning to you. Who is this. This is Caleb, Welcome in, Welcome in, Caleb, good morning. Uh. Comic book character. His official height is listed at five to three. They clearly did not adhere to that for the movies. I believe that was Wolverine. You're right, yeah, dude, we're gonna get you in the pit. Testa hook at this guy.
Speaker 3: Up, please yeah, man Pitt.
Speaker 4: Tickets to see Falling in Reverse live this Friday, August thirtieth.
Speaker 3: Definitely need the backfat the flashback.
Speaker 7: You got it.
Speaker 2: Way to go, dude, Ah bloom, thank you, I'll to much, Thank you, Hey, Alexa.
Speaker 6: Play ninety four point five the Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 7: Get ninety four point five is a bus station from iHeart.
Speaker 2: Radio on Bryan Show on ninety four five. Wake out the Buzz ninety four five The Buzz rod Ryan Show on a Monday. We have rain coming, guys. I just heard that guy in the air say ninety percent chance of rain. All right, so maybe it's increased. So yeah, there's a good chance of some scattered thunderstorms. We could seeing some of that this morning, and I'll keep it a little cooler out there. Highs up around eighty eight Texas Hammer Game next hour, and we're gonna continue with the pit passes pit passes for thirty seconds of the Mars. They're playing with Afi Thursday Night, Woodlands Pavilion back to back at the Woodlands because we just gave out those falling in reverse pit passes. So yeah, if you win the Texas Hammer Game, boom, you're in the pit. He'd be right there next to Jared Leto's baby Blues. So we're gonna do that at seven twenty Texas Hammer Game eight twenty the Suburb Summer Sizzler. Now it really gets I mean, I love the game, I love playing it. Seven matches remain winner Today Seabrook and rosenber Or goes to the final four. They get cash in pocket two hundred and fifty dollars from Shell Federal Credit Union and tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party. Those were promised to all the people that make the final four. All right, now, Tessa has Houston's headlines, and the twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Presidential race will shift into high gear this week Both candidates are set to hit the campaign troll, with Vice President Kamala Harris and her running mate Tim Wallas kicking off a bus tour in the battleground state of Georgia that'll be kicked off on Wednesday, and then former President Trump and his running mate Jade Vance will also hold several events. They'll be in the swing states this week.
Speaker 2: The one thing that I've never ever followed with politics, I just because I don't, you know, I watch this stuff more than I lead on. I always found it weird fundraising and the amount of money that they bring in. Kamala Harris had run in half a billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, what Yeah, she says.
Speaker 2: I don't ever look at that stuff. But for some reason that hit me this morning when they said that.
Speaker 3: That's why Lack I always felt we were like, hey, we need any help, you can get them.
Speaker 6: I got billion dollars, You're good.
Speaker 2: She's got half a billion dollars she's raised since she said that she's gonna be the presidential hopeful, like forty.
Speaker 1: Million since her acceptance Speed and Trump's Trump is a sist that was like, you'll get all that money, Like why you're asking me for money and text man half a billion no.
Speaker 6: No, yeah.
Speaker 4: The Harris campaign says it's raised more than half a billion dollars since Biden dropped out of the race. That includes forty million since her acceptance at the DAM.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I mean that's just that's an astonishing amount of money.
Speaker 11: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Like, I've never been stopped in my tracks before when I heard about fund I mean, every now and then we'll do we'll talk about a fundraiser, maybe Trump's in town or whatever, and it's ten thousand dollars a plate or whatever. Those things happen all the time that month. That number was just the craziest thing ever.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, whatever, wild pretty Wilde's about some space news. Two astronauts will remain on the International Space Station for at least another six months, NASA said. Starliner astronauts, which Wilmore and Sodey Williams, will come home on a SpaceX capsule in February. So, the test flight of the Starliner has had all sorts of issues. There have been helium leaks, there have been thrust her issues. That's since the launch in June. Now, guys, this was supposed to be a mission that was like under ten days. Yeah, and now they're gonna be up there for months, months, months. And when you ask their family, because they were interviewing, like their family.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, that's just part of the gig.
Speaker 4: Like it's when you're an astronaut, you're either you have to be ready for anything.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna water their plants at home?
Speaker 6: They're gonna miss all football seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true. They leave TV up there.
Speaker 5: They better get an NFL take it the least they could do, Alex like honesty, it is the leading to do.
Speaker 2: But they don't have enough pop tarts. They weren't planning on them, saying that.
Speaker 6: Long I could starve as long as I have football.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 2: You think you don't need food, jackass, You just need football.
Speaker 6: He'll live on football.
Speaker 2: Turn off as Mike do it.
Speaker 6: Don't you censor me.
Speaker 2: I don't need food, I just need football.
Speaker 3: Any maybe not even water.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's been twenty five years since big mouth Billy Bass took America Vice Store.
Speaker 3: You guys know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, the animatronic singing fish that every dad got for Christmas at one point, save to the River. Okay, so this is how far we've come since that. A new billy bass knockoff is all over social media. It is a Trump themed version called Trumpy Trout.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 3: Do you have any do you have any sound visits voice?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know who they got to do it great, but it looks like an SNL bit. And they're really selling this thing for what sixty bucks, seventy dollars.
Speaker 4: N seventy dollars, seventy dollars, Well it's sixty bucks and then ten dollars shipping.
Speaker 2: So here comes the family coming around the corner right and then and then Trump he starts talking and they're like, oh, it looks like an SNL bit. Take a listen.
Speaker 10: Here now a message from the forty fifth President of the United Ponds of America.
Speaker 6: Let's make fishing great again.
Speaker 10: O King, He's here. Everyone's favorite fish, Trumpy Trout.
Speaker 11: No one has ever seen a fish like me.
Speaker 10: Crumpy Traffic is an animatronic talking fish with a big personality.
Speaker 11: I am the hugely big liest fish in the pud.
Speaker 10: Watch his fins flap and his large mouth move as he makes speech after speech in high fidelity sound.
Speaker 11: Some Bess Bad Fish crazy fish, crabino fish and druggy fish. But some bess a good fish and I.
Speaker 6: Only love some of them.
Speaker 2: The family's sitting around watching and just loving it. They're loving it. You can put it on motion sensor so that it'll just go off when you walk by, or you can just press the button. It's the funniest thing ever. It's a real product. You can order it.
Speaker 3: We all know someone who would proudly put this in their hallway.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely right, and you guys all one for Christmas?
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you to know.
Speaker 3: Is there anything Chris Hemsworth can't do?
Speaker 4: You can add drummer to his resume because he's surprised an arena of almost seventy thousand fans at Ed Shearon Show and Romania on Saturday, and he played drums on the song speaking out Loud. But this doesn't seem like a hard drum forward songs all so impressive.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's why they picked it, right, Everybody can't ruin this is he filming something that Hamsworth.
Speaker 4: There's a new national geographic series called Limitless, and Chris apparently emailed Ed last December telling him about this documentary on cognitive help, health and like the benefits of learning to play an instrument like the drums. So that's how it kind of ties in. Okay, that's a long way to get there, but that's.
Speaker 3: Those are the dates.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, you guys can all play this, but that's still cool.
Speaker 9: Noise.
Speaker 2: I mean everybody recognizes that guitar, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean Motley Crue have been playing VC Boys Fight for Your Right Life for a couple of years and they decided to record it.
Speaker 3: So that is the EP that's going to be out on October fourth.
Speaker 4: There's an old rule apparently about covering iconic rock songs.
Speaker 3: It's usually a good idea.
Speaker 11: Not to do it, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: People are kind of roasting them online.
Speaker 11: For doing it.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Rod, I mean, it's okay, it's all right.
Speaker 6: Then, butcher it.
Speaker 2: It's all right.
Speaker 3: It's interesting to hear Motley to his take on it. Yeah, those are just in headlines.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm gonna beat up Radied Wizard saying that we got to put this in a heavy rotation. No, it's fine, you're off the hook, whizz. Any band that has a.
Speaker 6: Cover it's always kind of cool just to do. That's how y'all got you guys do that?
Speaker 2: It's just odd that they would cover a band that came out after them. Usually awesome, right, but all.
Speaker 5: Right, well, what do you got? Astro's gotta win? Last night they beat the Oriels six to three. Alex pregnant, Yani ideas both home in the game, and you're to split their series with Baltimore to avoid losing that one. Tonight they're opening up a three game series that the Phillies on the road. Renew Blanc will be in the Mountain for the shows going up Agains Philadelphia. Zach Wheeler first pitches at five forty and you can hear that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 12: That is what's going on in sports The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 2: Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz that's the Killers. And somebody told me, welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you. If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, hands off those cup cakeys. We got a good chance of the rain coming today. I don't know, everybody seems to be all over the place on It looks like our best chance of rain is coming between like nine and ten o'clock this morning, so you guys can keep us posted on what's going on out there. That seems to be about the best shot of getting some thunderstorms today. I have around eighty eight lots to do already blowing out pit tickets to fallagain reverse last hour. We'll continue with the pit passes, and this is gonna be all week now. This one's only Monday through Thursday. Thirty seconds tomorrow. An AFI are playing Thursday night at the Woodlands Pavilion, so we're gonna play the Texas Hammer Game coming up. We'll get you all in on that and all that stuff to try to win those pit passes.
Speaker 5: So lots of pit passes for you today and all week, and then the suburb of Summer Sizzler.
Speaker 2: I absolutely can't out wait. We're putting people in the final four all this week. Seabrook takes on Rosenberg, Camille, Joe, you better be ready to rock. Winner today gets two hundred and fifty dollars and tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party, which still remains the hottest ticket in town. I know we got I know we're sitting on something good. I can't go anywhere without somebody hitting me up about it, talking about it, and it's great. I'm so happy that we're going to be all together partying October twelfth at Carbark Brewery, Shine Down, Sublime Blue, October, Theory of the Dead Man, the XS. There's still no on sale date. You have to win your way in. I want to do something fun this week where we give away multiple tickets. I think at this time last week we were doing the Monday selfie thing, right, yep. That was crazy. So I want to do something fun this week where we'll blow out, you know, multiple pairs of tickets, maybe a big block of tickets. So I don't know exactly what day we're gonna do this yet, So something is coming. We'll kind of seal it and then don't worry. We'll let you know as soon as we figure out what we're gonna do, how we're gonna give away a bunch of tickets. These just pop up all the time. It's becoming like wallpaper to me. It's National Dog Day today? Is that the big one? Or is that just one of Is that just one of ten Dog Days? Isn't there ten of them?
Speaker 4: There's a lot of kiss your dog Day, Pet your dogs dog Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we check your dog's water bowl day. There's too much. There's just too much of it. But I did see I did see some people posting some dog pictures. So I sent that over to Chile this morning, and maybe we can do something with that. We'd like to maybe, you know, we drop a picture of your dog and I get it with the cats. Okay, it's not your day. It's not your day. So it's National dog Day.
Speaker 3: You can send me a picture of your cat.
Speaker 2: National toilet Paper Day. I guess if you want to send us a picture of your toilet paper, you can do that before you use it, So that could that could be something maybe for later as well. Uber announce that they're going to start using self driving cars next year. The radio show that we provide to you every morning is free. Okay. Now, we play commercials and we hope that you listen to those commercials and maybe pick up a few of those products. Okay. That's what keeps the show free, and that's what pays our salaries to be here. Okay, we're running a commercial for that Alto. I'm thinking of making the switch.
Speaker 3: You like Alto because of the smell promotion.
Speaker 2: I got a couple of I got a couple of neighbors that are now they've exclusively switched to Alto. It seems like a pretty sick flex. You kind of call and you book the time when they come get you, you're not at Uber's like, hey, I'm eight minutes away, or they'll tell you they're three minutes away, and then next second they're twelve minutes.
Speaker 5: Away and you have a second and a half to get there. When they get there, correct, hey go now, and.
Speaker 2: Uber has gone through the roof. It's so expensive.
Speaker 7: It's not cheap.
Speaker 2: It's so remember when we first started talking about a dynamos here, we first started talking about Uber, and I think she was the first one that I ever even heard took one. She's like, yeah, I went to a concert and it was six blocks. I said, what is this car service you're talking about? It was so dirt cheap when it came out. I remember, And now it's super expensive. So why not?
Speaker 6: Corporation's got in balls?
Speaker 5: So why not pay for the good smelling car they because that Alto commercial. Half of the commercial is about how good their car smells.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I want to smell it.
Speaker 3: That's important.
Speaker 2: I want to smell it. The advertising's working on me.
Speaker 4: There's nothing worse though, when you do get an Uber and I use Uber, I'm pretty actually loyal to them, But there is nothing worse when you get it in the and you kind of have to hold.
Speaker 3: Your breath for the majority of the ride, or like breathe through your mouth.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 6: My goal is too drunk to notice any of that stuff on.
Speaker 3: The way though.
Speaker 2: It's crazy to me how many Uber drivers are driving around and their cars are really warm. It's like, wow, this is a comfortable temperature for you. Yeah, I feel like I have to can you turn on the air a little bit? Please? Back here? I feel like I have to ask that more than half the time that I'm in a car and I'm not somebody that needs it ice cold? Yeah, but I do find myself and I feel like a jerk doing it, like, hey, could I get can I get some airbag?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 2: I feel like the cars are warm. I feel like the cars are I don't hope that's gonna be the truth with alto.
Speaker 4: I think I have been so faithful to Uber that now they do send me their best driver like I'm a good tipper.
Speaker 3: I feel like my app nose. I'm a good tipper. I'm no nonsense. So now I don't feel like I get like the sink your cars.
Speaker 2: We got an uber X this weekend and the two gals in the back seat. I don't know who made this car. I remember the make of it, but it was it was not an uber X just because you have a seat back there, you gotta at least have room for a leg. There was nothing, There was nothing bench. It was just it was just like a to put groceries or whatever. I mean. The girls couldn't put their feet in front of them. They just couldn't. But that that constituted an uber X because it had a seat back there, and we need to, you know, mobilize a bunch of people.
Speaker 3: That's another strike.
Speaker 2: So I don't know nobody's used Alto. Yeah, I used.
Speaker 3: Alto to go to cook Off Cookoff.
Speaker 2: Alto sent like the do you have a membership? Because I think the tent we were.
Speaker 3: Going to provide it if you were on the guest list. They provided an Alto service.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was very fancy, so Alto I think you got to pay. I could yearly fee to be in the club, and then you got to use it, you know, yeah per though, and you and you pay per but the cars was a smell grain. Yeah, I was just I was just thinking about it because I'm not down for Uber. They're gonna start using self driving cars next year.
Speaker 5: I got a reckon Uber last week, not this past week and the one before. Did you just Okay, so who's fault? It was not the driver's fault. Somebody else's fault.
Speaker 2: Did it stop your ride?
Speaker 11: It did?
Speaker 6: And then we canceled that ride and then got another Uber.
Speaker 2: Hey pick us up from this accident? Yeah, how long does it take? How long do you have to hang out with the driver who just got in an accident?
Speaker 6: We kind of were like, we know you didn't do this. They gotta let us, like if they need our.
Speaker 2: Like we weren't.
Speaker 5: We couldn't be witnesses because we were in the car too. So like I feel like if we saw a wreck, you can be a witness. I can't be a witness if I was in the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was like, I think you can be a witness. I don't think you can't get a great view.
Speaker 6: Was it about your bias though, because you were in the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But I was like, hey, we're just gonna dip dude, like, let us know if you need anything. And then his insurances blowed me up all last week, so I was like, hey, your boy didn't do anything.
Speaker 6: It was not his fault at all.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, I gotta take a short break. When't we come back. Oh I know what we're doing when we come back. Oh, may I to win the best game in Houston. Who wants it? He still thinks this is He still thinks this is the best game in Houston, the Texas Hammer Game. I don't think he's wrong. Okay, that's the great Jim Adler. He's gonna spit some lyrics and if you can to identify the name of the song and the name of the band by his lyrics, then we will get you in the pit for the thirty seconds tomorrow. So Chili standing by right now, seven, one, three, five, get in the queue with the Chile and we'll play after these.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. I think the chances of the rain have dropped considerably. There's still like a chance of rain and it could be kind of throughout the day. I said nine o'clock and then maybe another shot at about one o'clock today we could get some musk scattered thunderstorms throughout the day.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 2: Today of around eighty eight, we're getting set up to play the second game on today's show. But first let's find out what's trending.
Speaker 3: So do you know what burning Man is? This is not very light tight and bright for I want to pre preface that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do. There was a time in my life that I thought I wanted to go right and then it just seemed a little campy outdoors.
Speaker 3: It is a lot of outdoorsy thingies.
Speaker 2: And remember last year.
Speaker 4: You remember last year how muddy it got and people were stuck there like rock was stuff there, I know.
Speaker 2: The celebrities, everyone trying to leave last year and nobody was moving and it took hours to get out of there. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: I thought I wanted to be a burning Man kind of guy, and then I'm more of a you know, a room service guy.
Speaker 4: So because of all that situation last year, attendance was down, but organizers for Burning Man, which is a festival, was.
Speaker 3: Still expecting more than seventy thousand people.
Speaker 4: This is something that people flock to. It's in the desert. Well, on the first day, someone dies. A woman passed away.
Speaker 3: They don't know why.
Speaker 4: They're looking into her investigation. They do know why, but they haven't made that information public yet. Okay, so that is a breaking news story. It is kind of everywhere.
Speaker 2: I've never come across somebody that's been either. I've never once. I've talked about my interest in it. We've talked about it, We've covered it on stories. I think the guys that invented Google used to go. There was some story about that. I've never met anybody that's been.
Speaker 4: I've met a couple of people and they're from Austin or they're just really eccentric.
Speaker 2: On their own, but they talk favorably about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, like they are trying to recruit people to go too. So that's one thing.
Speaker 4: Also, the baseball stadium featured in a league of their own was destroyed by a fire.
Speaker 3: It was a total loss. This happened last weekend.
Speaker 4: It's a grandstand that was completed in nineteen thirty seven and it was a Designated Historic Landmark, and it was completely obliterated because the stadium's grandstand is wooden, everything is would it likely burned very quickly, So that's happening. And then subway foot longs, if ordered online, will cost you seven dollars. They were once famously five dollars foot longs, but prices have been up to fourteen dollars in some markets. So they're trying to lure customers with that deal. That promise of a seven dollar foot long. That's what's trending on eighty four to five to buzz this demandler.
Speaker 2: And it's time to play the Texas Hammer Game. All right, let's go game number.
Speaker 9: Two with Royn Ryan on ninety four the bus.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be giving away here.
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets, pitch tickets to see thirty seconds to Mars in af five.
Speaker 3: They'll be at the Woodlands Pavilliam Thursday.
Speaker 2: Okay, good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone here. My name is Joseph, Hi, Joseph. Welcome into the Texas Hammer Game. You give it a good morning so far?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, great, great.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna play you a clip of the Texas Hammer he's going to be spitting some lyrics. I'm gonna need the name of the song and the name of the band. Okay, gotcha? Okay, Bro, I wish you're the best man. These are tickets, these are pit passes here, all right? Here we go. Can I get a clip for Joseph?
Speaker 9: Here she says that love is for fools who fall behind, and I'm somewhere in between.
Speaker 2: That kind of sounds familiar. What you got, Joseph? Oh sorry, Bro, gotta move on. Gabriel, Good morning, Hi, Gabriel morning, Welcome into the show. Let's take a look into the Texas Hammer.
Speaker 9: Here she says it love is for fools who fall behind, and I'm somewhere in between.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, name of the band, name of the song. No clue, no clue. Yeah, there's no idea. That's how I would sound playing this game for sure. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. Maybe we got a difficult one here.
Speaker 6: The Rod Ryan Show ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: The bus ninety four or five. The bus that's our friend Shine Down, who we are going to be spending a little bit of time with when they come to town. October twelfth, at the Carbot Brewery. I'm talking about the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Noticeably absent on my sheet here for giveaways is tickets to the party. It's Chili doing over there. Chili, you want to have some fun this week? Chili? Chili's middle name. I don't know if you know this. Helly uh, Chili's middle name used to be fun.
Speaker 3: Oh he must have changed here.
Speaker 2: It was somewhere sandwiched in there, it was Chilito have a good time yet to Supacabra, el Nino, Fun Santos. Yeah, I remember, fun is in there? So fun used to be like in your name? Dude, do you want to have some fun this week? Can we do something?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Can we have fun? Still? Oh? Yeah, we're allowed to have fun. You want to have some fun and do something legal? With the legal we'll have to be legal and FCC and all that stuff. Okay, we can still have fun. Okay, So you're down to have some fun this week?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay. I needed to hear that from you. Yeah, I needed to hear that you wanted to have fun.
Speaker 3: So how many twelve packs shoot out or well?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to involve any of that I was talking more about fun. I was talking more about having fun giving away tickets to listeners and like a big chunk of tickets. But if you're down for fun, yes, then then let's pick up this conversation off air, all right, and let's talk after the show today.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because when you google the when you google fun, my picture pops up it is it's.
Speaker 5: Super Coppers Antos. Yeah, fun is in there somewhere. Okay, thank you, Chilie. I'm glad to see you're still fun.
Speaker 2: We got to get some rain. Get some rain come in our way. Scattered thunderstorm is expected. I don't know, it's gone way down. I heard the wing Nuts at ninety percent elt Town seventy. I don't see anything really now above thirty percent chance of getting some rain.
Speaker 9: This is damn handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer game.
Speaker 2: This guy's fun. Yeah with Ron Ryan one, let's bring another one of you on the show with us today, Larissa? Is that right? Yes? Hi, Larissa? How are you today? I'm good? Are you fun?
Speaker 3: Am I fun?
Speaker 2: Are you fun? Are you like a fun person? Would you consider yourself if people said that you are fun to be around?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: About that we'd see you know. Come, I'm looking for a fun addition to the thirty seconds to mars Pit. You gotta be fun to be down in the pit. You do have to be fun. Let's take it. You're fun. Okay, definitely fun. Now, Okay, she's fun, Chillie, this is what fun sounds like. Okay, I'm gonna play you a clip at the Texas Hammer. I'm gonna need you to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Here we go, she says it.
Speaker 9: Love is for fools who fall behind and I'm somewhere in between.
Speaker 2: What do we play four hundred songs on this station? It could have been any one of those. Larissa, who is that?
Speaker 13: That would be fuel Shimmer nailed it go Yeah, okay, double threat. Larissa is fun and super smart. Checks out, super smart and fun. Okay, you're skeptical. You're exactly what they're looking for.
Speaker 2: Okay. Jared Lettle wants you in the pit. Thirty seconds to mars AFI Thursday Night.
Speaker 11: Okay, ye.
Speaker 2: All right, why don't just snap us a picture in the pit? Everybody that wins cant takes same thing with that wing nut that won the Falling in reverse ones. If you win pit tickets from us, you got to take a picture of yourself on the pit, all right, to selfie. I definitely will, I definitely will. Okay, I've heard that from everybody, and rarely do we get a picture. Rarely, I promise, I promise they will. I've also heard that from people and I still didn't hear back from them. Larissa, Okay, so fun, super smart and hopefully very very honest. We got the right person here. Have a great time Thursday night.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you, great job celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years of.
Speaker 2: The most beautiful man any of us have ever met.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, ninety four or five the Buzz.
Speaker 2: By the Buzz, Good morning, rob Ryan Show, Fuel and Shimmer. Did you hear the line she says.
Speaker 9: It love is for fools who fall behind, and I'm somewhere in between.
Speaker 2: I did hear the line? Now it makes sense? Amount Yeah, it's a Fuel lyric. Very good. All right. Thank you to the great Jim Adler for helping us out every Monday playing the Texas Hammer Game. We got another game for you, The suburb of Summer citys Next Hour. Seabrook's going to take on Rosenberg, Camille and Seabrook, Joe and Rosenberg, and man. The stakes are so high because these are all great eight players. Eight people remain, eight suburbs remain in the Sizzler. Winner goes to the Final Four. Winner gets Final four members all get two hundred and fifty dollars cash from Shell Federal Credit Union. And then I thought I was being fun last week I announced that everybody in the Final four would get tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Then I proceeded to get an email from my boss saying, hey, Bro, tamp it down a little comment I thought it would be. I thought it was sorry trying to have fun. Okay, I do want to have fun this week with some tickets, and I don't know exactly what we're going to do, but I needed Chili's approval that he was still interested in having fun. So Frank cannot believe that we're just not talking about Oasis all morning. He's like, brother, Rod, I hear you're constantly talking about Oasis on the show. How are you not talking about the reunion rumors question. I have talked about it, Frank, just not maybe when you tuned in. I can't sit here and talk about Oasis for four hours. You could, though I could. I'm excited, you guys know how excited I am. There is some speculation that an announcement is coming tomorrow and the Gallagher brothers lock up the china. The boys are at it again. Okay, Now this is all fueled by Liam, and Liam is is baby bro and he's the singer. Noel's not saying anything. Yeah, Liam is saying things. And the funniest thing that he said, which he is such a great follow, the rumors are tomorrow an announcement, a ten nights stand at London's Wembley Stadium, Wembley ten nights at Wembley Stadium. Some big Oasis is over there, and they then there could be something at their hometown in Manchester. I guess that's Heaton Park. That's the stadium there. And somebody said that Heaton Park is a dump and Gallagher replied, oh, he said it's a terrible venue. Liam wrote, see you down on the front, you big fanny. So why would he even say that, because the rumor's true. So then he started playing with some people and this all happened yesterday Okay, Liam, he's kind of you know, they said right here, he's stoking the flames. On Sunday morning, responding to a fan on X who asked when the Oasis tour days would be announced, Gallagher responded next Friday, when asked about his plans for twenty twenty five, Liam answered one fan said world domination wow, and then one other post he vaguely wrote, I never did like the word former.
Speaker 3: I saw that one. No one did like the word former.
Speaker 2: But this is all baby Bro. Okay, nobody moves without Big Bro. Those are his songs. He probably owns a way. I don't know what. I don't know how the breakdown is. Obviously you need to have both brothers on board, and uh, Noel is not saying much and Knowle's I mean, they're both equally crusty. So Frank, we are talking about it. It is a huge story. It's headlining the music blog page. I don't know. Are they just going to do these dates in England and say we're an English band or we're gonna play here. I mean, they could be the band that says you want to see us, get on a plane and come see me.
Speaker 5: I could see them doing that, and I could see them just being like, let's try this out, put some feelers out, see if we hate each other by the end of the ten shows, and then maybe we take this on the road and then do test it. And then do you make a billion dollars?
Speaker 2: Do you have to make the trip over there? Because what if something goes wrong and this is your only chance to see them, or you make the trip over there and the night before they get into a fight and now you're at Wimbley and they're not playing because they canceled them and you're crying.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is nerve wracking on your fish and chips on your crumping.
Speaker 2: Fifteen years, you're gonna have to sign something that says, listen, I'm not gonna be a jerk. You don't be a jerk. Sign this. We've waited fifteen years. They can't fight. I don't get them separate separate buses, put them on separate sides of the stadium, don't put their dressingrooms anywhere near each other. Interaction. There's so much money on the line here. I don't think they need it. I don't think like.
Speaker 5: They could have done this years ago to all of the money on the line and like they've just said f you to each other.
Speaker 2: Yep, that whole time too, So I don't put it past.
Speaker 5: I could absolutely see them going two nights and then canceling it the rest of the way.
Speaker 6: They're like such an Oasis.
Speaker 3: We just remembered why we don't do the chancel.
Speaker 6: Halfway through the first show.
Speaker 2: Like put them, get them that bulletproof glass like Trump's talking through.
Speaker 5: And put put the boys on the opposite end of the stage and put them in a glass box.
Speaker 2: I paid them in. I pay to go see that. Okay, they can't take shots at each other nothing, but that's like some of.
Speaker 5: My like algorithm will like show me like it'll be random, just like Oasis, them just talking crap to each other on stage, and it's so funny.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 2: It is awesome.
Speaker 6: Now, let's getting it. Don't look back at anger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are talking about Oasis. Tomorrow. We'll be talking about Oasis. There should be some sort of an announcement tomorrow, but I don't think it. But I don't think it includes America, Okay. And then the other thing that we got to mention is the countdown clock that's going on. We're fifty some hours out from something happening with Lincoln Park. They have a countdown clock at Lincoln Park dot com, and we told you something was coming before the countdown clock, so we've been kind of keeping on our eye on that as well. So we have all this stuff on the music blog page and the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com rockand Alternative, The rod.
Speaker 7: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz rod Ryan Show coming up on a half point point. That means we're closer to the suburb Summer Sizzler Seabrook Rosenberg. And then on the back end of that, after we're done with that matchup, we'll figure out who's going to go to the Final four, tell you about tomorrow's game, and then we've got some stuff. Always willing to work with our friends over at the Houston Zoo and they got something new going on over there, so we'll find out about that. And I know that's helpful to a lot of families out there when we give away a bunch of Zoo stuff. So that'll be in the eight o'clock hour. Scattered thunderstorms. There's a chance throughout the day nine one o'clock it goes up to maybe thirty percent chance of rain today. It's gonna keep it a little cooler. Highs up around eighty eight. TESTA. What you got. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Well, the Harrison Walls campaign is in the South this week, and then the Trump Vance campaign is headed up north.
Speaker 3: Former President Trump and running mate JD.
Speaker 4: Vance each have a stop in Michigan, while Vice President Kamala Harris and her running mate Tim Walls begin a bus tour of Georgia on Wednesday. The Hair's campaign says it's raised five hundred and forty million dollars since President Biden left the race. That includes forty million since her acceptance speech at the DNC Wow. Blows my mind big time, big time. Let's talk about Boeing Starliner astronauts, because.
Speaker 3: Apparently they're not going to get back to Earth until February.
Speaker 4: The length of the mission to the International Space Station has now gone from like ten days to just under eight months. Barry Butch Wilmore and Sunny Sunita Sunni Williams were launching to space on that Starliner capsule.
Speaker 3: I remember this because we were talking all about it.
Speaker 4: It was supposed to be a ten day mission, But it was just announced over the weekend that the pair is going to have to stay in space until February, over seven months after they launch.
Speaker 3: The plane is for the astronauts who return on.
Speaker 4: A SpaceX Crew nine capsule, and Elon Musk's company will be providing them with special space suits that can interface with the SpaceX capsule. As for the Starliner that they launched on, NASA says that it's going to return to Earth without a crew once Boeing updates the capsule software that will allow it to perform in an uncrewed court undocking from the space station.
Speaker 2: So January February, they're up there, yeah, oh, and thinking they were going for ten day season. Thought they were going for ten days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, brb, BRB, just kidding. I live here now, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean they must have a it's a good thing. They plan ahead. They got food. There's food, okay, there's.
Speaker 3: Food, no gravity, space ice and they won't age. They won't age.
Speaker 2: They ever had the space ice cream?
Speaker 3: The freeze dride.
Speaker 2: Now it's terrible, that's horrible. He wants ice cream. No, enough of the ice cream. Get out of here. I'm sick of you okay.
Speaker 4: I think most of us would agree that lying to your friends should be avoided, But is this one type of lie acceptable? A woman's TikTok is going viral after her friends made a dinner reservation and told her it's for eight pm, eight o'clock, get there. It was actually for eight thirty and when she got there at eight twenty two, the hostess said she was the first to arrive.
Speaker 2: Gotcha?
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 4: From an ethnics standpoint, one expert says, you know what, it's just best to avoid lying, but confronting a friend could also batfire and make you seem controlling.
Speaker 3: So if you know that this is like their habit, maybe lying and tricking them, you know, that.
Speaker 4: Could work, And you could also shame them into being a better person, into being on time.
Speaker 3: That could be a thing.
Speaker 2: The person that shows up late all the time, they kick ice cubes under the fridge, they do right, it's the same person, And don't return the carts to the shopping carts they I get it, We've all been late before, but we have that person that's late every time every single Come on, you gotta do better because you're not putting a premium on my time.
Speaker 4: I think for like my group of girlfriends, we like my friend Lish who was hosting. She told us in the group chat to all be there at ten thirty so we could be on the boat by noon, because she knew people were going to like trickle in and they did.
Speaker 2: But did she tip her hand knowing that it was at noon or just said you need to be there at ten thirty.
Speaker 3: No, she didn't tip anyone.
Speaker 2: She was to anyone.
Speaker 4: Once we all got there, she was like, I figured you know we would get out there by gotcha. Okay, let's talk about Keanu Reeves because he signed a one day contract with the Canadian ice hockey team called the windsor Spitfires. So Keanu used to be a goalie in high school and he must have been pretty good because he was a prospect for the Ontario Hockey League. But he got injured and he was like, all right, I'll just be an actor instead. Well, his single day is a Spitfire. This was mainly for charity. Assigned copy of his contract, assigned jersey.
Speaker 3: With his name on the back. Those are all going to be auctioned off to raise money for the Canadian Mental Health Association.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about Liam and Noel Gallagher because they have a ramped up speculation that an Oasis reunion could finally be on the cards. They are teasing that a banned announcement could be made on Tuesday. There is a short clip in the same font style of the band's famous Oasis logo that is all over social media right now, as well as the official Oasis page.
Speaker 3: So it shows the date August twenty.
Speaker 4: Seventh, twenty twenty four, and it's flickers, flickers, flickers that date and then.
Speaker 3: It reads eight am.
Speaker 2: So it's going to be their time because this whole thing see to be right, because the rumors are that it's gonna be shows in stadiums in England, ten of them in Wimbley.
Speaker 3: Wembley, Wembley. Who's Chester Heaton Park?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: So I was gonna say, what, what's the time difference? I know London is six hours for six hours, so we'll get it that early, so we'll walk in and have that information. It's gonna happen when we're sleeping.
Speaker 3: Okay, those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got one guy that commented I put that. I put that on our Instagram this morning. I said one hit wonders. Which one one hit wonders? I mean some about you're being facetious.
Speaker 4: It'll be two am our time, so if you'd like to set your alarm clock, maybe wake up with a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: Will not get up early? I will. I'll be up an hour and fifteen minutes later and I'll get it. Then, all right, what do you got?
Speaker 5: Astro's gotta win. Last night they beat the Oriols six to three. Bregman and yanier Dz both homered in the game. They did split their four game series with the Oriols. Tonight, they're gonna open up a three game series with the Phillies on the road. Renel Blanco is gonna be in the man Faistrie is going up against Philadelphia's Zach Wheeler.
Speaker 6: First pitches at five forty. You can hit.
Speaker 5: Came on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety on the sports blog page.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 6: We had a brew haha breaking.
Speaker 3: Out in the women's soccer game College Sorry chick fight.
Speaker 6: To chick fights.
Speaker 2: I'd call that a donny Brook.
Speaker 6: A donny Brook.
Speaker 5: That's a brew ha ha, that's a that's also a Donnie Donnie. I like Donny Brooks too. They had a little Donny Brook. Yeah, somebody, you know, got a little physical and then.
Speaker 2: Somebody threw a little punch.
Speaker 6: So somebody else threw a punch. Then their teammate came in.
Speaker 3: It was like, hey, why are you throwing punches?
Speaker 2: Now I'm throwing punches too, and then another teammate came in. Punches were exchanged. That's a proper that's a proper Donnie Brook. Definitely a Donnie Brook And you're gonna want to go check it out on the sports blog page today. Maybe it's a Donna Brook if it's the gals, Yeah, I like that a Donna Brook. Okay, let's let's shift.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Okay, ninety four five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. Huh halfway point, Yeah it is already, says lur coming up. Thank you sell Federal Credit Union, get you some zoos stuff too. Later on this hour, we're still gonna we're still at it with the one thousand dollars in a trip to the iHeartRadio Music Festival. What did they just add the weekend?
Speaker 3: We ad the weekend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they just got added and then we're gonna leave you with Bush Jerry Cantrell candlebox tickets. So we got a lot just halfway point, and you have some U of H stuff this week.
Speaker 6: I do have you of age tickets. I'm gonna be given away in the next sports Okay.
Speaker 2: So that's all. That's all coming.
Speaker 6: Out UNLV this Saturday.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Okay, football, it's great news. Do you guys remember I feel like we're talking a lot of I mean, okay, so we're talking about a few things that are going on. Okay, some of which are silly, fun things. There's that big Mouth Billy Bass, but there's a Trump version of it. It's so funny. It's so funny. Well you like them hating, it doesn't matter. It's funny. Now, what person is gonna buy this? I don't know, somebody, somebody. Somebody's gonna buy for the same reason. When the Big Mouth Billy Bass came out, it was the dumbest thing ever and then just everybody bought it. But even if it was a joke gift, yes, but this thing's like sixty bucks.
Speaker 6: So you can't put a price on happiness trot.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when we were talking about the then two candidates, Trump and Biden, and people were asked a series of questions like who would be a better babysitter? Who would be better at dating advice? Do not remember this yet?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I do remember, because I think we did the exercise and I ran through it with you guys, like, okay, Like, so they just went through and they like, who would give better financial advice? Trump over Biden? And Trump I forgot, but I knew that he beat Biden in that category. So they took the exact same questions and they plugged in Kamala Harris. Okay, So who would give better financial advice? Trump comes in at fifty eight percent. Who would win at poker? Trump at sixty five percent. They give her that she would win at pub trivia, which I don't think Biden like Trump didn't. Trump won that one when it was versus Biden. It's silly. Here's where I'm going with this. Who would win an arm wrestling? Now? They asked this question of Trump and Biden when they were running, okay, and Trump beat Biden.
Speaker 6: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: When they plugged in Kamala Harris, she did better than Joe Biden. Trump only won by seventy seventy one percent of the vote. Oh, yeah, his number was higher when he was armed wrestling Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, so wholes he had to leave the whole race is I don't think I thought he was doing so hot health wise.
Speaker 2: Who would give better relationship advice? Kamala Harris or Donald Trump?
Speaker 3: Well, who's been married? Kamala's only been married once, right, it's not.
Speaker 2: Even a question. Who's been married? The more more times?
Speaker 3: Kamala would probably give.
Speaker 2: It a better But do you learn from I mean, are you Are you sitting on a wealth of advice because you've already taken the hits?
Speaker 3: No, you've been married for what not to do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's an experience event.
Speaker 2: No better relationship, Better relationship advice Kamala at sixty six percent. Better house guest Ooh, Kamala.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I don't think so. I think Trump wins the.
Speaker 2: Better house guest Kamala sixty four percent. There was one in here though.
Speaker 3: I think Trump would bring gifts. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: He just takes over your house is red ties for everybody who spends more time, who spends more time getting ready in the morning. Oh oo, Trump Kamala sixty which kind of seems like a kind of seemed like a Trump win. This one didn't make sense. Who is a better designated driver Kamala or Trump.
Speaker 3: Better d D?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Donald Donald Trump has never had a sip of alcohol in his life, he says, According to him, he has never had a sip of alcohol his entire life.
Speaker 6: Those have never been sick, even though he had COVID.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: A better designated driver Kamala got that with sixty one percent. Yeah, you didn't know that about him. Uh No, that's what he says. So I don't know. He says he's never even.
Speaker 3: Had He does say a lot of things though, never even had a sip.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, let's talk about things that really matter. So that being said that Trump won by a more narrow margin, that means people think that Kamala Harris could beat Joe Biden in our wrestling match. Right, Yes, that's what that means. That's that's what you deduct from that.
Speaker 6: Exactly what I'd love to see that that that would.
Speaker 2: Be like fourth of July. I wait today weekend, guys, these games it's I mean, it really is getting clutch right now. The suburb of Summer Sissler brought to us by Shell Federal Credit Union. Camille from Seabrook, Joe from Rosenberg. They got here. They're in the grade eight. One of them advances to the final four. Somebody today on the show gets two hundred and fifty dollars cash from Show Federal Credit Union, and Daddy's gonna give you tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Okay, the coveted ticket that you have to win your way in all the final four people are getting those tickets. We'll revisit with Camille and Joe after this, and then we'll play the game Rock.
Speaker 6: And Alternative Fair.
Speaker 7: He used to The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four or five to the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Okay, I just got super excited. I saw Joe, I saw Camille. They're playing. They're ready to go. They are locked in suburb Summer Sizzler coming up. It is Seabrook takes taking on Rosenberg.
Speaker 6: So we got that working for us.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a chot hands of some scattered thunderstorms. Nobody can get on the same page. What kind of rain we're gonna see out here, But there is a chance of some rain sprinkles throughout the day. Okay, So I'm gonna leave it at that. All right, Let's find out what's trending. Then we'll revisit with Joe and Camille.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So, speaking of locked in, you know who's locked in with his fantasy football draft?
Speaker 3: Alex P. B. Middleton? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, CJ.
Speaker 3: Stroud?
Speaker 2: Is that a big weekend for a I didn't do a fantasy draft. I think a lot of people were doing that.
Speaker 6: Huh Yeah. My dad and I have been a leak for over twenty years. Did our draft?
Speaker 4: Wow, I saw you got, CJ. I saw you got Yeah, you got Kelsey? You got Travis Kelsey in there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And Houston defense.
Speaker 4: Very cool, very good, very good lineup, and the rest of your pictures are adorable.
Speaker 2: Oh six picks a yeah, okay, very good.
Speaker 3: That's where I'm getting that information from.
Speaker 4: Also, Okay, So there is a rumor going around that Ben Affleck had like these mood swings and that cause a great divide between him j Lo.
Speaker 3: Obviously, I mean that's probably just paparazzi stuff.
Speaker 4: But the concrete evidence that some people have been talking about are that he's been spotted with Kathleen Kick Kennedy, who is the daughter of Robert F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy Junior, the.
Speaker 2: Guy that just said he's not running for president.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: So he has a daughter who is thirty six years old, and she is trying to be like she has nothing to do with politics. She's like kind of on that Hollywood scene a little bit. But she's been spotted with Ben Afflecks so much other people think they might be dating. So Ben Affleck moving on quickly or on the rebound after the j LO Benefit two point zero splitting up, It makes sense.
Speaker 2: All those Kennedy's are Bostony, right, Yeah, they're Bostony.
Speaker 3: There is Kasty.
Speaker 2: They're Bostony people, So yeah, okay, I could see him with the Kennedy.
Speaker 4: Also, guys like they don't want to be dramatic, but Chimp Crazy. The original documentary on HBO is the same director as The Tiger King People. This plotline is crazy. I am there's only two episodes that have been released right now. I am shook to my core.
Speaker 3: It is the craziest documentary that you will see.
Speaker 4: This year, possibly ever better than Tiger King right, just right on track to be just as crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah really yeah?
Speaker 7: Is it Joe zotic?
Speaker 2: Do they have it?
Speaker 3: They have a lady named Tanya.
Speaker 4: She like a chip collector because she is, and there are chip people in general are nuts and you will see.
Speaker 2: This in the documentary Monkey people are weird.
Speaker 3: Alan Cumming is in this documentary. It's a peta.
Speaker 2: I mean it is.
Speaker 3: It is crazy, chimp crazy. It is crazy.
Speaker 2: My buddy, Cheeto's listening. I love you. But monkey people are weird people that like want a monkey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone wants a monkey, and they're I do want to No, no, but you can see but you will see a monkey baby and you'll say, that is so cute.
Speaker 3: Look how precious that is.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't feel that way. No, no, I don't look at a monkey like a puppy at all.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, no, no, no, see.
Speaker 4: See the problem is I think like everyone looks at them and then they turn into a chimp that is, you know, two hundred pounds plus and strong, and then they have to keep them in a cage and it's awful.
Speaker 2: I was raised on Planet of the Apes, I never I never thought a little monthly is cute.
Speaker 3: Well, that's honestly, that's for the best. That's for the best. That's what's trending on I for five bucks the apes.
Speaker 6: Damn thirty apes.
Speaker 7: Thing up?
Speaker 2: You madeiacs. Good morning, Camille, Hi, Camille, how are you great?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: You're in the grade eight.
Speaker 5: You're one game away, your one went away from winning some cash and uh me inviting you to the twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 2: You down for all of that.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 2: How'd you do in your last game?
Speaker 5: I got the song?
Speaker 2: Yeah you did? Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was jumping around excited because.
Speaker 8: I got the song.
Speaker 2: Now did you have you been listening like you you've known that you're going to play Joe for a little bit here. What what do you know about this Joe character? I know he got this song too.
Speaker 7: He did a pretty quick too.
Speaker 2: Hey Joe, good morning, good morning. You guessed your song right.
Speaker 7: The first Yeah, the first go around?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay. I think it's gonna be a great matchup. Same thing for you, Joe. If you win today, you go into the final four.
Speaker 5: Two hundred and fifty dollars is yours from Shell Federal Credit. You're guaranteed cash and tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Okay, whoever wins today, whoever wins, We're gonna have the song in there. You got two minutes and forty five seconds to think about it.
Speaker 2: Good luck on Liberty Weekend. Let's celebrate work by not going to it. Run Ryan Show Mornings ninety four or five to the bus ninety four or five. Buzz Jimmy World in the Middle, rod Ryan Show. Yeah, clock it in at two minutes and forty five seconds, so Joe and Camille had a little time to think. We got them lined up to play the sumburb of Summer sist. Let's just play the game. Let's just play it. Bring it back on here, come out. What'd you do in that two minutes and forty five seconds? Just sat here? Yeah? I ran to the bathroom. Yeah, I ran the bathroom really quick. I'm like, it was like two minutes. All right, Jesus, I gotta go. Okay, Camille, big deep breath, Same for you, Joe, Joe, what'd you do with your time?
Speaker 5: Same?
Speaker 2: Sat here, just sat there, just stewing on it, waiting how much it can do? What do you do bust out some push ups, some diamond push ups. Huh really really aptivate the chest. Joe and Camille. Winner goes to the final four today. Camille playing for Seabrook, Joe playing for Rosenberg. One of those Suburbs is going to be greatly disappointed in what you do here today. One will celebrate you and one will oust you. Alex, let's get something in that. There's seven games left. There's five days this week. Sorry to be so obvious, but we're not here on Monday because of Labor Day. So then we come back Tuesday, we play the final game of the Suburbs Summer. Sissler will be Wednesday. Oh okay, there's seven games left. That's it. Okay, Joe, are you ready?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know how else to make you know. It's exciting enough. It's the twenty fifth game. Camille, Are you ready?
Speaker 9: I'm ready?
Speaker 10: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Okay, shout out your name. When you think you know the band and the song title, I will say your name. You'll have three seconds to give me both of those pieces of information to advance. Good luck, Camille, Good luck Joe. It's not a hard song. Okay, you worry about Okay, I'm just gonna worry about me. I'm just gonna worry about me.
Speaker 5: Make sure the intro doesn't sound like another intro of another song. You know what, worry about that's really really tripping up.
Speaker 2: Some people here today. All right, here we go, guys. That's the block to you. Here comes your song. Good luck, Joe Creed my sacrifice.
Speaker 7: Yeah what.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 11: I did not think he was getting it.
Speaker 2: I was, okay, you want to know what I thought it was?
Speaker 6: What you think it was?
Speaker 2: Three doors down here with that you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my kids, that would not be the name. You would not have gotten that. Correct.
Speaker 2: I'm here with that, you know, here without you?
Speaker 7: So yeah, hear without you?
Speaker 3: That thing five three doors?
Speaker 2: Uh Camel Camille, did you know it? I did not. I'm not even gonna lie. I did not know that.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 9: I was waiting for guitar, another guitar, riff or something to come in and give me.
Speaker 4: That I also want to see because I did not have one clue. Alex showed me before and I was listening to it pretending. I was like I would have never guessed that. I would have never guessed that.
Speaker 2: Give me. Oh, we got to say goodbye to you, Joe. Let's celebrate baby.
Speaker 5: Yes, the Final four, Joe Rosenberg, two hundred and fifty dollars richer, thank you show, Federal Credit Union, and you now are in the possession of a pair of rod Ryan Showed twentieth Anniversary party tickets.
Speaker 2: Dude here, Yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 5: I've had emails people say they're more excited about that than the cash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe, you're two games away from winning the whole thing, right, Yeah, that's how that works.
Speaker 5: You're in the final four. You win that game, Oh my goodness. Okay, all right, no, I guess you'd have to win one, two, three games. Yeah, all right, you're three games away from.
Speaker 2: Winning the whole frame. Joe, great job today. I thought that was I thought that was very impressive. I was going three doors down all the way with that. Tomorrow's game, it's Elvin taking on clear Leg the Summer Summer Simpler.
Speaker 3: They're run Ryan Show ninety four five, the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Pump, okay, m good ninety four five, the bus, Good morning, everybody, run rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: It is Yeah, happy birthday over there.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you you.
Speaker 3: Everyone's trying to guess your age on the X oh fifty five.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go. Yes, yeah, I got here. I started the show at thirty four. Nice, I started mornings at thirty.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've been doing morning since I was thirty Okay, so yeah, it's it's almost twenty five years of doing mornings, waking up at three fifteen. It's awful. It's a terrible thing. I don't get plain about it, but it's terrible. It really is a terrible thing.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, Okay, listen, I'm going to back up Eric's email here.
Speaker 2: He said, dude, how a blank did he get that? I had no idea that was Creed Robert. I thought it was It's not my time. I'd have lost for sure.
Speaker 3: I thought it was Three Doors Down as well.
Speaker 2: Give me that clip again. Nobody can believe that the guy got it. What is this some weird euro mix?
Speaker 6: No, what is it?
Speaker 3: It is cream, It's some obscure a little known song.
Speaker 6: My sacrifice.
Speaker 2: All I could hear is I'm here with that. What is the name of that song?
Speaker 3: Three Doors Down?
Speaker 4: It's probably without you, Without you, that's what it's called.
Speaker 2: I'm here without you. I'm so miserable.
Speaker 6: I was going to tell you about the news here, which just two doors down, I'm gonna move three dome.
Speaker 3: What the hell is this?
Speaker 2: This is some weird album version. This is obscure a here it goes.
Speaker 5: That's what we needed, was like, it's gonna be right ten seconds left when somebody buzzes in at that point, and so this is this is the version we would play, which.
Speaker 2: Is okay, this sounds more familiar. That was trickery.
Speaker 5: It was, Hey, you want to win the money, you want to go to the rod Ryan Store twentieth anniversary party, you got another songs the right.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe Rosenberg. All right, tomorrow's game is Alvin taking on clear your leg and that dude just won tickets too. To the suburb of Summer Sizzler. It's gonna happen all this week. Okay, Now, Thomas says, So if the Summer Sizzler ends on Wednesday, read my lips back to eight twenty.
Speaker 5: Very good, Thomas, next week, not this. There's seven games left. There's seven well, there's six Sizzler matchups left. So we put people in the final four all week and then we get somebody for I don't know, I got to look at the brackets, but we're not white. The game ends because we have Monday off.
Speaker 2: For Labor Day weekend, Laverday weekend, Labor Day weekend, end of summer kids officially, unofficially, officially, unofficially the end of summer. Well, we come back on Tuesday, we play, and then when the last game of the year is on Wednesday. Oh, this is where he says, fee fee, I'll ruin it for you. I'm sorry, i will ruin this song for you. He does not say free, he says he's fee.
Speaker 12: What is that?
Speaker 3: Magine? Would you imagine?
Speaker 2: What is that Creed show next month?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 3: What's that cruise?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: That's over with.
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 6: I was listening to a show and I think they played in Chicago last week. But they said that they did Higher.
Speaker 5: Like three times in the set, as they said Limp Biscuit did break stuff twice. They were like, Creed played Higher three times? You know that can't be true that people were just as high every single time, like, oh, it's higher.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it. I don't believe it. I don't believe it that they played it three times maybe twice?
Speaker 6: Podcast?
Speaker 2: Three guys there, Wow, okay, wow, hey do you have this on the sports blog page. Did you see that Babe Ruth jersey that's sold no one?
Speaker 6: We called it shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Babe Ruth nineteen thirty two World Series jersey, that's the one that he was pointing. Yeah, the same jersey that Babe Brute is pointing to the stand saying this next pitch, I'm knocking it out right. It's the most nable sports collectible ever sold for twenty four point one two million dollars. Geez, the jersey that he wore twenty four million dollars.
Speaker 3: You gotta call your shot, Jim and Christmas. Hey, when you when you said pointing, you sound a little text in there, Bud.
Speaker 2: You might be you might have just pointing.
Speaker 3: You said that one? You go, Alex, that one where.
Speaker 2: He's pointing, one that he's pointing, pointing where he's fixing. The point he's fixing. He's fixing to hit a home run, ready to get.
Speaker 3: I literally my head snapped up.
Speaker 6: I'm like, what.
Speaker 2: Twenty years old text? That's what it'll do?
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 2: Finally, well you all stick around because we're going to be back after this break, all right, I'm fixing to really do something awesome on the flipuz rock and.
Speaker 7: Soon The Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm just rocking out over here. Ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning. That's a brand new music from b Linquin eighty two. I was kind of surprised to hear that as well. It's called All in My Head. We did a we did a world premiere of that last week. And actually Blink has put out two new songs. I believe there's gonna be an eight song EP that's going to come out. There's that one on the music blog page right now. Blink one two also released a song called no Fun. I'm assuming you've listened to that? Is this what we just played? The better of the two and there's some more radio ready for it. Yeah, okay, okay, so both of us, both of those songs live on the music blog page today. That's headlined by the news that Oasis are teasing some sort of a reunion that could come tomorrow, and then also that Lincoln Park clock is tick ticking away. So yeah, lots of the music blog page is very very busy today looking at girls blog page. Of course, today is Monday, so it's milf Monday. I haven't even got a chance to go look at that. Yet there's some scattered thunderstorms throughout the day. I'm not even gonna throw a number on it. There's low chances. Okay, his today of around eighty eight. Tessa, what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Okay, So today we're talking about the twenty twenty four presidential race because that really shipped into high gear this week. The candidate's vying for the White House are hitting the campaign trail. Vice President Kamala Harrison her running mate Tim Wallas will be kicking off a bus tour in the battleground state of Georgia on Wednesday, and former President Trump and his running mate Jade Vance will also be holding several events in the swing states this week.
Speaker 3: So that's what's going on there. And if you didn't know, Robert F.
Speaker 4: Kennedy Junior says he dropped out of the twenty twenty four presidential race because of censorship by major networks. He said it became clear that he had no pass to victory because he was kept off major news.
Speaker 3: Networks and blocked out of the presidential debates.
Speaker 4: Two astronauts will remain on the International Space Station for at least another six months. NASA said Starliner astronauts, which Wilmore and Sudney Williams, will come home on.
Speaker 3: A SpaceX capsule in February.
Speaker 4: The test flight of Starliner had been plagued by helium leaks and thruster issues since its initial launch in June. If you're looking to class up your home, okay, we've got you. A novelty company is selling a Trump the version of big Mouth Billy Bass, and it looks and sounds like former President.
Speaker 3: It says things like, well, actually just play it.
Speaker 10: I do have some clips here now a message from the forty fifth President of the United Ponds of America.
Speaker 6: Let's make fishing great again. A game.
Speaker 2: He's here.
Speaker 10: Everyone's favorite fish, Trumpy Trout.
Speaker 11: No one has ever seen a fish like me.
Speaker 10: Crumpy Trout is an animatronic talking fish with a big personality and the hugely biglesh fish in.
Speaker 6: The pub watch what is real life?
Speaker 4: By the way, this is I'm not this is not a gag like This is available to purchase for fifty nine ninety nine.
Speaker 2: It looks like a Saturday Night Live bit and it looks like the Prompt Department would make this thing. Everything about it seems fake and it's real.
Speaker 4: Shipping and handling is ten dollars. Your grand total to buy this would be about seventy dollars.
Speaker 5: How much was Billy Bass when it came out twenty ninety nine, maybe ninety ninet nine, it was a long time ago.
Speaker 6: Maybe yes, it flash.
Speaker 2: This thing's expensive.
Speaker 4: Just make sure you get your make Fishing Grade again certificate of authenticity because there's probably gonna be a lot of knockoffs out there, guys, and I am dead ass Okay, good call, all right. Chris hemswere surprise and arena of almost seventy thousand fans. He was at Ed Sheeron show in Romania on Saturday and he played the drums on this very slow melody thinking out loud, and they were filming his performance because there's going to be this series on National Graphic called Limitless and it is a documentary on cognitive health and apparently your cognitive health is so directly tied to the benefits of learning and instrumental tried to pick something up like that, I believe it. Yeah, So there's a clip of the performance on a blog page on Links and Guests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you play an instrument, you're a superior human being good.
Speaker 3: I agree. I agree.
Speaker 4: Also, Motley Crue announced a three song EP titled Canceled.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing. They've been playing this song, fight for Your Right. They do it live.
Speaker 4: They've been doing that for a couple of years, but they finally decided to record it and we have it.
Speaker 2: And this is this is with new guitar player John five.
Speaker 4: So the comment section isn't that friendly to these guys on YouTube, but I don't think it sounds terrible. You can decide for yourself. Those are Houston's houplines.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sports Astro's gotta win. Last night that the l six to three.
Speaker 5: Alex Bregman and Yani your Dz both homered in that game. For these Stros, they split their four game series with Baltimore over the weekend. Tonight, they're gonna open up a three game series with the Phillies on the road. Renel Blancoby on the mount for the Strows, going up against Philadelphia's Zach Wheeler.
Speaker 6: First pitches at five.
Speaker 5: Forty and you can hear the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Right now, I have a pair of U of H tickets for Caller Tenants seven one three, two and two, five, nine or five. You're gonna win a pair of tickets to see the Cougars open up the college footble season against UNLV this Saturday, ECU Stadium. Yeah, you can be staying that the whole game, long caller ten seven, one, three, two two five.
Speaker 6: Those tickets are yours.
Speaker 2: Can I say something about you of H please?
Speaker 4: So this first year class of twenty twenty seven is the largest ever at the University of Houston, so they are seeing a record breaking number of applicants. U of H is becoming one of these destination schools. They are always in the news cycle when it comes to being.
Speaker 3: Competitive in basketball and football. I just think that's great news for us, and that's cool that you're giving away ticket.
Speaker 2: Go Coobs, Hey ninety four to five the buzz that's Pearl Jams, even flow. Good morning, rob Ryan Show. Help you off to a great start to your day. I thought it was a little bit longer. I had a chance to kind of check up. Its almost a five minutes long. We don't get a whole lot of those in the morning, so I got to kind of catch up a little bit on the MILF Monday, and then went over and saw Alex's six picks. Why is your kid not headlining your six picks? Why is the kid in the middle?
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean I tried to go in chronological order.
Speaker 2: Bury the headline.
Speaker 6: Bro Friday the first thing, so as a Friday came first, the first thing I did on Friday. That's that's the first picture. That was my logic.
Speaker 2: No way, you had tiny thing to do with that baby. It's all your wife.
Speaker 5: Owever, I had stuff to do that baby thirteen second period.
Speaker 6: I had to do that baby color. They're like bluish green right now.
Speaker 3: Dude, if she she looks with your eyes, I'm not kidding. That is the genetic locks smart too. I don't like, well, we'll see, we can't.
Speaker 4: We can't see, but what we physically know is that she looks just like Emma, and her cheeks are just so chubby, and is that and then that's Winter. Winter is my niece, Okay, And they have like matching little outfits on they're so cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are Alex's six picks over here, So a little fantasy football draft.
Speaker 5: Who cares some dumb soccer post? Who cares the cinnamon rolls, dolm Wood, You're so fat cinnamon rolls do look good and I think there's your kid in winter, Like, why is it.
Speaker 2: Not the headline?
Speaker 3: I just was trying to go in order if there was any slight towards either of them.
Speaker 6: But it is the picture on the six picks the thumbnail.
Speaker 2: Cute baby, it's some dumb video game. Oh you're watching Your Honor?
Speaker 5: Yeah, almost finished on Showtime. Great on Netflix now, but it was a Showtime show, okay. Brian Cranston New Orleans Judge, really intense that they need to take a break in between episodes.
Speaker 6: Sometimes his son.
Speaker 2: Screws up and then boom and then everything happens after his son screws up. He's a judge in New Orleans and he's got to do all these shady, shifty things. Brian Cranston is like one of our absolute top tier actors out there. Like, I don't think you can get much better than Brian Kranston. There's nothing he can't do. And just to think, you know, Malcolm in the Middles when we all were introduced to him, it's crazy what he's done since Your Honor is. I thought it was awesome. I tend to watch some of that stuff because it's filmed in New Orleans, and it's very New Orleans centric. They go out of their way to really feature the city. So I thought maybe I liked it a little bit more than most people. But then you ended up watching it and you said you really liked it.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 4: I thought the first season was it was very heavy. You feel like this is not a light watch. It's something that you're like, oh damn, but I want a break.
Speaker 5: It's like breaking bad intense where you're like, yeah, I want to just take a break for a second.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you took a picture of Brian. It's that season two, right, Yeah, I'm just telling I'm just going by the way Brian Crenston looks with that beard in the hair. It's definitely season two. It opens wild, isn't it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Pretty crazy? It's pretty crazy?
Speaker 2: All right? What have I got a beer? Yeah?
Speaker 5: My wonderful mother brought us some nothing bunch cakes to celebrate.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 5: She also knows she's very unbrand some love streets for everybody to come, have a love street with us.
Speaker 3: Have a beer with us.
Speaker 2: Surely we're drinking beers. I'm not come up.
Speaker 6: I invited her up and she went out of her way to not come welcome.
Speaker 2: Anybody got a bottle of them?
Speaker 7: I have one?
Speaker 6: You do twist always?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 6: Put that thing?
Speaker 2: All right, we're drinking beer on a Monday morning.
Speaker 4: If you're not, thank you, we'll give us want to chili.
Speaker 2: Somebody hit me up over the week like are you taking off of work on Monday. I'm like, no, I don't take off of work on my birthday. Who does that? Oh?
Speaker 6: I thought?
Speaker 3: Next Monday, I was like, yes, we are.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful thing. Hey, Chili, Chili, Come, I have a beer with us.
Speaker 7: How are you? Bro?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was coming over here to talk business about work. But uh yeah, well you I mean, if we want to do a little impromptu meeting, what about a toast? Did you have anything?
Speaker 3: What did you do a toast to Rod?
Speaker 11: Chili?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, let's do a toast to Rod.
Speaker 5: Then here we go Rottney, Oh boy, Ryan, I do not like chili winging it because anything can come out of No, it's gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Hey man, anything could come out of that. You know, I've known you for fifteen years or more, at least fifteen years. Weird guy, but we love you.
Speaker 3: I'm a weird guy from up North, weird guy from North North.
Speaker 2: I will accept all of this, okay, it's finest.
Speaker 11: Yes, a man, what a pleasure to know you be your friend most importantly, and you know what, enjoy it?
Speaker 2: You know they said the faith they says on the New Forties.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, I mean you don't look a theay older than sixty five coming.
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: All right, well we love you, bro, haven't heard so much.
Speaker 5: The top left two cupcakes things are happy breath that the top two cupcakes our carrot cake?
Speaker 3: Oh gross, just kidding.
Speaker 2: I won't yes for you. Yes, thank you, Mama.
Speaker 5: P for the beer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kim Middleton shout always your mom wouldn't come up.
Speaker 6: She wouldn't come up. Why she doesn't? I know why she stuff, but she doesn't like taking credit for any of the stuff.
Speaker 2: I know why.
Speaker 3: Too bad. She doesn't want to come up because she doesn't want to upset Alex.
Speaker 2: She's not upsetting me. I tried to she can come up, but before she used to.
Speaker 3: And now you can tell her and she doesn't want to come.
Speaker 2: But it's different when I when I get around and Alex has been on the show the longest. Now, okay, so when I get around his parents, they still dead pant, look me in the eye, thank you so much for hiring our boy.
Speaker 6: I would have been in a gutter.
Speaker 2: Thank you dad, the dad, the mom. They're like, you mean, wait, oh my god, thank you so much for hiring my son.
Speaker 3: Well they're grateful, yeah, very great, But you hired him.
Speaker 2: They were really worried about you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what are you doing part time all the time?
Speaker 11: What is this job?
Speaker 2: It never it never doesn't hit when they hit me up with that. They are so serious when they're like, Jesus Christ, thank you for hiring that. Jesus Christ. Every day we pray, thank.
Speaker 3: You every day we Christ.
Speaker 4: Stop right, real question fifty five, you said fifty five, how do you feel?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I've been I've been working out, I've been hitting the gym. I'm down about thirty pounds. Nice, So I feel great. Okay, I feel great. I mean, you know, there's the there's the the whole thing of you know, getting out of bed in the morning, and there's aches and pains that come with getting older, and yeah, that does, that happens. But other than that, no, I don't I don't like lean into that part.
Speaker 7: Of it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like, no, I feel I feel good, man, I've been running on my dumb knees.
Speaker 4: So are you going to do any like?
Speaker 3: You know how you said these things when when I when I got here, he was doing the five ks and I caught like the tail end of them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you came in. I was it was my fiftieth year. Yeah, but that was pret knee injury.
Speaker 4: That was so I just want to know if he's doing you know, it seems like you don't have to make any of those goals because you're just doing them naturally.
Speaker 2: Just can't do it on my own. Yeah, yeah, I hate running.
Speaker 3: It's it's so good.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you guys, Thank you, Mama, Peter, I appreciate it. Thanks everybody with us. Everybody with a nice birthday wishes to appreciate. Now we gotta go back to work.
Speaker 6: But here he's good.
Speaker 2: That was just a bit for the air. Put the beer down, ninety four to five, the Buzz, Welcome back Rod Ryan's show. I don't know if it was Tessa that was saying it.
Speaker 5: Man, this morning is flying by yeh three games though today really exciting.
Speaker 2: Now the suburb summer Sizzler games are so exciting.
Speaker 5: We know that Joe from Rosenberg is our first member of the final four in the Suburb Summer Sizzler.
Speaker 2: You can follow along on these brackets. So he took out Camille from Seabrook. I hadn't heard back from her, but Joe's super excited. He scored two hundred and fifty dollars from show Federal Credit Union and tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. That was the only opportunity to win those today because Chiley put Bush Jerry Cantrell candlebox tickets on no the show. So it looks like Josie only one that got tickets today to go to the anniversary show. But Chili did assure us that he's still fun.
Speaker 5: Fun is somewhere in his middle name, and he wants to have fun with some tickets this week. So we're going to do something fun this week. I just don't know what, where and when, but we'll let you know online.
Speaker 2: It's all online. Five the muzz All right, what you guys, what you got?
Speaker 5: Today's a well is a real time live lightning tracker. You're watching lightning as it's breaking.
Speaker 2: A real time cue the Wizard.
Speaker 6: It's pretty sick.
Speaker 5: So like right now southwest the very bottom part of Texas, like, let's gimm that's popping.
Speaker 2: At these the makers of your wind map it might.
Speaker 6: Be I don't know if it is. It's blitz or tongue dot.
Speaker 2: Org is the people that are really about clouds dot com? Is that going to be tomorrow? Just what I was thinking about that there's all the clouds Wednesdays things, all the clouds that are out there rocking.
Speaker 5: But uh, I mean, like like right now Florida is popping off to the Bay of Campaign is going crazy.
Speaker 6: You will I love you. My favorite bay is the Bay of Campaign.
Speaker 5: Chay, but go watch lightning popping off in real time at the well finish rod Ryan should paget the buzz dot com.
Speaker 6: I'd like to think the rod Ryan Birthday Candles.
Speaker 2: Show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five of the Bus ninety four or five the Bus, Papa Roach and Last Resort. Good morning, Rob Ryan's show. Thank you so much for having us on. Appreciate you. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. There is a chance the chances have just done nothing but diminish all morning long, but chances of some scattered thunderstorms, some pesky things may pop up here and there. Galveston had checked in earlier, said, rod here's some rain for you. You've been looking for it, so I'm not really looking for it. I'm just trying to give you guys accurate information.
Speaker 5: But seventy percent chance of scattered thunderstorms that went away, and the guy was saying ninety.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, no, it's not that. It's low chances of rain, but popping up here and there. I mentioned I got Bush Jerry Cantrell candlebox tickets for you. We're gonna give those away, I know, the show The Great Chad mc sent this to me and he said, how about giving this a spin?
Speaker 14: Okay, I hope there's no swearing in it, your bay.
Speaker 2: I mean, how specific is that song? Rocks.
Speaker 3: It's like it was meant to be.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, thank you. I mean there's a happy birthday Rodney song. And then you look at the comments, it's all Rodney's like, hey, cool man, cool commenting on that. So yeah, there's a couple of Rodneys that have birthday. So I felt like I had to comment to him like, all right, cool sick sick bro, all right, thank you chat. I'm see if you're sending that in fifty five, it seems to be people guessing by my age. I lean into it. I don't care. I don't got nothing to hide. How you gonna hide now? How are you gonna hide? You can't. But I'm looking at this here, and it says, imagine meeting someone online. This is my thing. Imagine meeting someone online and then you get married, and then you got to keep up this lie your whole life. The number one thing that people are lying about on dating apps, dating websites is their age. Age is the number one thing we had talked about with height before. You're gonna get busted on that height thing unless it just makes you feel better to sneak in an inch or two, and then you hope that it doesn't. I mean, five eight and five ten are very different from one another, very very different from one another. So they pulled about a thousand online daters. One in five have lied about their age. That's the number one thing. A little bit more on the men's side than the women's side, but yeah, they're lying. That's the number one lie. Height is number two income, job or lack thereof dating history and your current relationships. That is, that's not a good one to live off. That's not a good one to lying off. I listen, this is the truth. I've never been on a dating website before. Do you fill out an income thing?
Speaker 3: Income?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you tell people what you make on a dating website?
Speaker 3: I'm off the apps too, I'm not on the app.
Speaker 2: But when you say was there a dating I mean, is that something that people would include how much money they make?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: It says that they're lying about it, So it's being asked on these websites.
Speaker 3: That's pretty wild.
Speaker 2: Seventy percent of people that are online dating are burned out by the whole experience. That's a horrible number. Okay, three quarters of the people that are online dating are burned out by it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've burned out by them.
Speaker 5: Most popular dating apps Tinder, Bumble, Plenty of Fish, and Bumble Active online dat spent an average of fifty one minutes a day swiping through potential partners.
Speaker 7: Time.
Speaker 4: You'll focus on yourself, focus on.
Speaker 7: Yourself, But I mean that's where people are meeting. Though.
Speaker 2: It was something that was kind of not talked about back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where their meeting and are being disappointed.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think. I don't know that that to be true.
Speaker 7: Yeah I do.
Speaker 4: I think every there's so there's for every success story, there's like a thousand horror stories.
Speaker 2: Okay, but do you think I could get five people on the air right now that are happily with their person that they found online. I can get five people in a.
Speaker 3: Second to call in dating app or like from online.
Speaker 2: No dating app, from a dating app. You don't think five people would want to come on here and say, Okay, I've been with her or him for this amount of time and this is where we met and it's going great.
Speaker 3: I'd be interested.
Speaker 4: I'd be interested to see because I think I think a lot of online is like, oh we met online through like.
Speaker 3: Facebook or Instagram or one of these things. It's not a dating app.
Speaker 2: Who met on a dating app that's still together? Tell us that has a huge success story. I got time, I got time. I'll put you on seven one, three, two five. The fall of summer has become. If you are listening to The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five, ninety four five the buzz, Good Morning Rod Ryan Show. It's monaskin and begging Milk Monday. Number one link today alex Is. Six picks are up. We already went through those. Are you guys eating any of these bunt cakes?
Speaker 3: I would like to take two homes.
Speaker 2: Okay, is anybody else going to eat a bunt cake? They're wonderful. They're wonderful.
Speaker 4: That is honestly top three cake of all time, like the cake yeah, the cake maker of nothing, bunt cakes one.
Speaker 2: All right, So I just kind of randomly threw this out there, and I know it's like towards the end of the show, one in five online daters are lying about their age, and then the other top lies. Age is the number one thing that people will admit to lying about when they're told that we're going to keep your you know, we're gonna keep this anonymous. One in eight I've lied about their height, in come, job, dating history, and current relationship status. So testa talking about Okay, well, you know, everybody's kind of miserable out there. I'm like, well, I don't know. I think you run into more and more people that are together that openly say, yeah, we met online dating, right, it's gotta work for some Now. You said that the numbers were way more failures than successes. The top dating sites are in order, tender, plenty of fish and bumble okay. And I said it would be easy to fill up every phone line we have, all the phone lines we have with people that are happy that have met on a dating website. Jason, good morning brother, And how you doing? I'm doing great? Married or single or married or dating? Married? For how long?
Speaker 9: We've been married for five years?
Speaker 2: Been together for seven? What dating website did you meet on? We met on Okay? Cupid?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay Cupid?
Speaker 2: Awesome Ethan, good morning, Good morning Ethan? Dating or married? Married? How long? Four years? Almost five? You met on a dating app? Yeah? Bumble bumble?
Speaker 3: Did oh?
Speaker 4: Did you have to go on a lot of dates or was this like pretty early on, like you just struck gold early?
Speaker 2: I went on about two others before meeting her. And then did did you guys share that information? That's a great question. Did you guys share that information with each other? Did she go out on a bunch of dates before you? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I dated around a bunch before bumbled.
Speaker 2: Uh So I was very open with her okay. And did she go on a lot of dates on off of Bumble before you?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, because she's very reserved. Gotcha.
Speaker 6: So she didn't really find anyone that she clicked with until she met me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can see what you sound like a charming guy, Weston. Good morning, happy birthday brother, Thank you Weston? You married or dating?
Speaker 11: Married?
Speaker 1: Six years?
Speaker 2: What website? What app? Did you use?
Speaker 7: Tender?
Speaker 2: Okay, Tinder? That's like the hookup one, right, that's the Is Bumble like a version of Tinder? Or they're completely different.
Speaker 4: I think it's like Tinder that went to prep like where girls have to do it for sure, Bumble girls have to have to send the first message.
Speaker 2: Gotcha? Okay, so you met on Tinder? You're married for how long? Again? I'm sorry Weston Weston, Yes, sir, how long have you been married?
Speaker 3: Six years?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: His phone? Thank you west Clint, Clint, good morning brother, I thank you? Married or dating? We are dating?
Speaker 5: Eight months?
Speaker 7: Next week?
Speaker 2: Is a matter of back. What what dating app?
Speaker 5: We met on? Hinge?
Speaker 2: Okay, Hinge?
Speaker 3: I've heard of that one too. Yeah, what's what's why Hinge?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Why did you pick Hinge out of all the dating apps.
Speaker 14: Uh, neither one of us.
Speaker 11: We're looking for just say anything.
Speaker 2: We were looking for something a bit more uh quality, not just the quantity. Hinge has higher quality, I believe though. Yes, okay, I mean you were on there. Of course Clinton is also listens to the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: I wonder what the rules on hingejar is there?
Speaker 6: Devid door?
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Clint. I mean I could take these calls all day. One more, Jason, good morning, How you doing doing great? You're married? Yes, sir? For how long? Good morning?
Speaker 5: Brother?
Speaker 7: This November?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, two years of November? Okay, two years okay? And you met on a dating website? Which one? Facebook? Facebook? Okay? Well that's social.
Speaker 6: Media on Facebook dating thing, don't they.
Speaker 11: Do they have one?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't Is it Andrea who's on the phone and Andre? Good morning? Married? Married or dating?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 11: Dating?
Speaker 7: But we're living together probably two and a half years shacking up.
Speaker 2: One are the sleeping arrangements. You got separate bedrooms or.
Speaker 3: He had the same bedroom, but out with so many activities.
Speaker 5: My boyfriend, he had like a complete catfish profile, and I was bored.
Speaker 11: You know how you talked about how many.
Speaker 7: Hours people's fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was like, let's let's entertain this.
Speaker 3: So what app oh tender okay?
Speaker 2: And he was lying, No, he wasn't lying.
Speaker 7: He didn't have like any pictures of himself.
Speaker 2: It was just like text, you know, I'm six ' six, will not disappoint, and he was right, disappoint and that's and that's who you snagged. So how soon does he send you a picture?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Right away?
Speaker 7: It was after we had like chatted a couple of nights.
Speaker 4: But other than that, it wasn't very long.
Speaker 2: Is he the height that he said?
Speaker 7: He was?
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 7: What was it?
Speaker 2: What was the dating app? This was tender again? Okay, Tender okay.
Speaker 4: I think he just gave a commercial for Tinder and Bumble and hinge it all these things because those people sounded very pleased.
Speaker 2: But then after that, seventy five percent of people that are on these things feel burned out by the whole experience. So yeah, I mean, you're right. I asked for happy people that it's working for. But it was easy, truly, he said, that was easy to get those calls. Okay, so let's go, what do we give it away? I know the show?
Speaker 3: Oh, Okay, so for know the show.
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets see Bush with Jerry Cantrell and Candlebox at seven one three music Hall.
Speaker 3: This going out September fifth.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll take a short break, we'll come back and we'll have a question for you.
Speaker 12: Hous Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Okay, l l L L la la la, here we go. Don't for know the show Bush, Jerry Cantrell, candle Box September fifth, seven one to three music Hall, Great triple bill. If you'd like a pair of tickets, you got to get through Tessa. What's your question?
Speaker 3: So we did a story.
Speaker 4: Today and it was I believe it went viral on TikTok. It's like the one time it's okay to lie to your friends?
Speaker 3: Like what is it okay to lie to your friend about? Especially if they're always.
Speaker 4: Like chronically something I'm endorsing this, Okay, tell me what that is and I will give you the tickets to much.
Speaker 2: Seven one three two one two five nine four five rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 9: That's not funny.
Speaker 5: It was funny when I said it on my radio show on ninety four five, The Buzz, Here we Go.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, wrapping up a milf Monday. Chances are some scattered thunderstorms, low chances rain here and there. Some of you are getting it hine today of around eighty eight. Let's go, let's wrap up this show. Let's give away some tickets here now, time for know this show. On ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 11: Hey for the ruh, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Who's this? This Kadie's apartment? JD the Fireman. All right, welcome in, dude, Good to have you back on. Tesla's got a question for you. Le's get you some tickets here.
Speaker 4: Jend can you tell me in what instance is it actually okay to lie to your friends?
Speaker 2: Kind of all agreed on this. Yeah, when you know they're going to be late, yeah, you give them the wrong time, an earlier time. Yeah, so just hedge it.
Speaker 5: Tell them they need to be there thirty minutes earlier. They're going to be late, and chances are are they show up just about on time.
Speaker 3: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a whole blog page up on this nonsense. JD the Fireman, you're the winner. What are you giving them?
Speaker 11: You know the show?
Speaker 3: So you get the parents ticket to see Bush.
Speaker 4: Jerry Cantrell and Candlebox at seven one three can gradual shot off.
Speaker 10: Yeah, appreciate it. Happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Thank you, j D.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you. You should show over to Chili. He's got fun in his middle name. Abby avoided the one slam clam. She's our fresh out of bed head to head two day champion. Now she beat Robert two questions to answer. She was a killer this morning. She was a killer. I'm talking about the fresh out of bed head to head challenge we play every morning. At six twenty, She's gonna go for win number three in the morning. Alex is six picks strong. I don't know why you bury the kid third nunological Okay, well, Alex's six picks did very well. Milk Monday did very well. Thank you to the great Texas Hammer for coming on and letting us play the Texas Hammer game today. Thank you to mister Adler. It's National dog Day. Are we going to do something where they post just bark?
Speaker 3: Just send a video of yourself parking.
Speaker 2: I'll ask Chili if he wants to put something up. Chili, let's put something up so people can post their dogs. People want to post their dogs up on our Facebook page. I want to see them all. Suburb Summer Sissler, Joe from Rosenberg beat Camille from Seabrook. So Joe is two hundred and fifty dollars richer and he's going to have that wat of cash on him. Hopefully he hangs onto it and spends it with us at the twentieth anniversary party. Okay, I'll running out of time here. My talking too much. Okay, So tomorrow is Alvin and clear Lake and that winner will also go into the final four and win cash Tat Tuesday Tomorrow, Jeremy's got the non stop noon or pick your tickets with him on the one o'clock hour. He does it more passes than the twenty halfth anniversary Party. Great rod Ryan Show at rod Ryan Show on Instagram, Tessa has an interview with Simone Biles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I got to chat with her on Friday. She was at her gym in Spring and she's doing like a tour.
Speaker 3: So I got but I got a five almost almost six minute interview with the Goat. Great and I was really stoked about it. So that's going to air on Houston Life today.
Speaker 2: Okay, one o'clock. All right, that's it, guys, have an awesome day. Keep it here big.
Speaker 5: Jeremy Benson is on with you next. Thank you for all the wonderful birthday messages. It's really really greatly appreciated.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys. We're out of twenty hour break a m F. Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will Be podcast.
Speaker 8: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.