Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 2: You know, we're not getting much information.
Speaker 3: About the guy who hold on, I'm gonna sneeze, hang on.
Speaker 4: Please stand bye for the sneeze off.
Speaker 2: And I turned off the microphone. Usually I sneeze right.
Speaker 4: It was a big boy.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this mic sock is dripping.
Speaker 1: Now and now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was fairly disgusting. Oh by that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, well, first fall, good morning, and as usual, we have a ton to talk about. Good morning, Neil, Good morning, Willie Wolf, Taco Tuesday. Behind you, that's great, Amy, Good morning, Hi Bill, and there you are. Kno, there I am, and certainly last, but certainly least. Okay, Now why ex why? Because I want to show you what a great heart I have. Now I am watching a TV show on Hulu. I've mentioned this before, uh, And it's called The Righteous Gemstones and it's a takeoff on a televangelist family and John Goodman is in it and Danny McBride, who is completely.
Speaker 2: Insane, it's his show.
Speaker 3: And I have to tell you it is impossible to offend me. Impossible, and it is as close to that as it can get in terms of sheer depravity. And very rarely do I.
Speaker 2: Watch a scene that I go, wow, WHOA.
Speaker 3: Enjoying it enormously, But it's got to tell you, just having the time of my life.
Speaker 2: Depravity at a level that I find astounding.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it's October one already and the holiday season is upon us. Neil was talking to and prior to the show, they're already bringing out their Halloween.
Speaker 2: Their decorations. And I didn't know. I know, Neil goes balls to the wall.
Speaker 3: What Neil does to his place on Halloween is incredible.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know you went that far that you really do a big thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she has really great ideas and she was going, we went there and we're pulling stuff out too.
Speaker 4: I did not know that either.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah we are.
Speaker 6: Just we start planning. We've been working on some custom stuff for about a month now.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hate Halloween. I hate it. I hate people coming.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, in my neighborhood, knowing the door, I have the lights off in the porch and a big sign that says registered sex offender lives here. Kids do not get anywhere near my house. It's a complete pain in the ass.
Speaker 5: Well, in your defense, that's a legal issue. You have to put that sign ass.
Speaker 3: Actually I don't because while the accusations are out there, I am not a convicted felon.
Speaker 2: Okay, just want to let you know. It's get away from this topic.
Speaker 4: That's horrible.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's just people confused you for a jack a lanning.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's just it's just to make sure that kids don't come to the door. I hate that, you know why.
Speaker 3: It's the best of the ass here, you know, or dentist lives here is another one.
Speaker 2: Leave me alone, get out.
Speaker 3: Uh. The only thing that's the only thing that's worthwhile. I always thought to give kids or a Halloween are the apples with the razor blades in him? And I found out that that is an urban myth that no one has actually done that.
Speaker 2: No, tell me how disappointing that is.
Speaker 4: But don't hear. It's like we have family over.
Speaker 5: We sit in the on the front porch with the fire pit going and the decoration.
Speaker 2: You have a front you have a fire pit in the front porch.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow, you mean wow? A fire pit on their front porch.
Speaker 5: All right, And I'd like to take this moment to say thanks to Outdoor Elegance and Laverne.
Speaker 4: Right off of the two, I find it.
Speaker 3: And I am definitely going to use my ongoing joke for West Medical the venicel procedure to get rid of the vericos veins, and I will make fun of anybody who has vericos veins.
Speaker 2: And you can go to a.
Speaker 3: Halloween party in a swimsuit dressed as a roadmap.
Speaker 2: And it's always very strong. Okay.
Speaker 3: I think we have covered pretty much everything. Ceeo apples with razors in them, we got that, we have signs that say you're registered.
Speaker 4: What very gross veins? We talked about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's very strong too. All right, guys, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's time for by the way, for those people that really think I am that level of jerkiness.
Speaker 2: Neil, what's what's the truth on that?
Speaker 4: Oh no, you're much worse.
Speaker 3: Okay, And you know me, come on, I come off like a jerk, but really, deep down inside I'm a jerk.
Speaker 2: I'm more of that. Cono.
Speaker 3: We haven't really talked very much, and Amy, you have suspicions.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, let's sleep it hit that.
Speaker 4: We haven't talked much. But yes, you are jerky, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 6: I'm the only one who has a job now.
Speaker 2: I love I love this show.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do it, guys, it's time for Handle on the news with Amy and Neil and me Lee.
Speaker 2: Story. Well, we sort of knew for the last few days this is going on. Happened.
Speaker 3: Israel has launched an offensive into Lebanon ground forces and this is first time since two thousand and six that Israel has gone in And I don't understand Lebanon. Well, I understand Hisbela, but Hisbola is not Lebanon. Hezwela is part of Lebanon. You look at south Lebanon, that area is his bola controlled. You go north of that, it's not particularly controlled. And you've got the citizens of Lebanon going, what the hell are we doing? Because here it is hisbola attacking Israel in solidarity with the Palestinians in Gaza, they went to war because hey, these guys went to war, therefore we're going to go to war.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a really good choice.
Speaker 3: Israel took out the entire hierarchy of Hebela, including Israala, their leader for thirty years, and they're the higher management, if you will.
Speaker 2: And it's I don't know where they're going.
Speaker 3: And this Lebanon or Hesbelah, which heretofore had a reputation of being a really strong military force. If anybody can, anybody can stand up to Israeli be his blah.
Speaker 2: No, no, you don't go to war with Israel.
Speaker 5: So Bill in this circumstance is a little different. So Gaza a smaller area UH and all controlled by Kamas, Yeah, by Jumas. Now you go to Lebanon, and as you're saying, the southernmost part is but two thirds, let's say, is not right. So can that two thirds put pressure on those not?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: His law is now Hisbollah is a terrorist organization, also a governmental organization, also a military organization UH supported supply trained by Iran. The Lebanese army, even though it's there, really has noose, say, the Lebanese government, even though it is there, really has no say for the south.
Speaker 5: Of behooved them to have them gone? What has weillah the northern part of Lebanon? Would it behoove them to have has belood gone.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, there wouldn't be war.
Speaker 3: You know, Lebanon at one part, at one point was known as the Paris of the Middle East. It was an expounding city, boulevards and it was just incredible. And of course that all went to hell in a handbasket because hey, we got to get rid of those damn Israelis.
Speaker 2: But here's the problem.
Speaker 3: Those damn Israelis aren't moving, and they're prepared to go to war with.
Speaker 2: Anybody that figures are going to move.
Speaker 3: So the attacks on Israel happened the day after October seventh. October eighth is when the missile started launching to Israel from Lebanon, up to one hundred a day, and Israel just said, we're done.
Speaker 2: That's enough. Boom, here we go. Now the missiles will keep on going.
Speaker 3: But Israel has Iron Dome, and Israel has these anti missiles missiles that are supplied by the United States as well as their own domestically produced at anti missile systems.
Speaker 2: And it's let me.
Speaker 3: Tell you, if they really go full blast to war, I mean, it's gonna be horrible for Israel, but ain't gonna be good for hesbal law not as bad as it is for Hamas. Look at Hamas. I mean, it's going to turn into an insurgent sort of a gorilla organization. You know, just let's attack here and there. It's not gonna it certainly isn't what it was. All right, let's go ahead and take a break and we'll probably talk more about this later on.
Speaker 2: Let me see, Yeah, that is the seven twenty.
Speaker 7: In this corner, Tim Walls, and in this corner jd Vance. They're going to meet tonight for their probably only vice presidential debate. We're going to air it here on KFI starting at six o'clock, simulcasting it with CBS. Polls have shown that Vice President Harris and former President Trump are locked in a close race, giving added weight to anything that might sway voters on the margin, including the impression left by the vice presidential candidates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, usually they have almost no influence.
Speaker 3: Now, well, a tiny bit of influence is now a lot of influence. And coming up at seven o'clock, I'm going to talk about what we know is going to happen, what might happen, and then hopefully they take us for a loop tonight where it's not anticipated where either of them will go.
Speaker 2: So I'll talk more about that at seven o'clock.
Speaker 5: All right, after making landfall in Florida's Big Bend region Thursday night last week, major category four hurricane when it hit, Helene has caused massive storm surges, wind damage. They got a lot of flooding inland, massive swath through the south there and strongest hurricane make landfall in Big Bend region on record, one hundred and forty mile per hour wins. Just one hundred and thirty two people have been killed in six states, so Florida, South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
Speaker 4: Just horrific.
Speaker 3: And we don't even know how many are still going to be popping up dead.
Speaker 4: Don't they say like a thousand plus people or a lot.
Speaker 3: Of well it's not I don't think it'll be a thousand, Maybe it will, but hundreds because they can't even get to some of those areas. It's as bad as we anticipated, and we're reporting prior to it hitting.
Speaker 7: And it's worse inland than actually on the coast what they're talking about, like Asheville, North Carolina. Just if you look at the pictures from it, parts of that town are literally flattened.
Speaker 6: It's just a solid debris field.
Speaker 7: And it got hit particularly hard because it was four hundred miles inland.
Speaker 6: They didn't expect that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's a real outlier, aberrational storm and unfortunately in the wrong direction.
Speaker 6: Put your money where your mouth is.
Speaker 7: President Trump went on to uh check out some of the hurricane damage yesterday, and then uh launched a GoFundMe page, and they've raised a million dollars.
Speaker 6: Of course that's I had, you know, a penny in the bucket. What's the now.
Speaker 3: I know, obviously they're gonna it's gonna be billions to take care of all that. But still, I mean, it's it's it's a start. I mean, it helps. And he got most of it from his donors.
Speaker 2: His political allies, which is still a great thing.
Speaker 3: A fun story is, as he was announcing it, he had said that Governor Kemp I did couldn't reach the White House, and is Kemp Georgia.
Speaker 6: I think he is, right Camp is the Governor Georgia?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Okay, So Donald Trump said that Kim's trying to reach the President and the President.
Speaker 2: Refuses to talk to him.
Speaker 3: Right, two hours later, Kemp gives a press conference. I talked to the President yesterday completely made up. I wonder if Fans is going to do any of that tonight.
Speaker 2: Well, he said he will. I can't wait. He said.
Speaker 3: If I have to make up stories to get people's concentration on our problems in the country, I will make up stories. So he's doubled down. We've got children. Wait, no, we have pets being eaten. Here's here is We're gonna do a football pool? Does he say that Haitian eat children, neighbors kids?
Speaker 4: So yes or no?
Speaker 2: I say yes?
Speaker 5: What are you telling me that our country is not being overrun by bigfoots? Not saying because if you're telling me that, yeah.
Speaker 2: I know, I understand. Anyway.
Speaker 3: I just it's just my my diatribe against Trump. I take every opportunity, you know, and there you go, and I'm giving lots of opportunity, just having a great time, all right. And by the way, if Fans rips into Walls tonight with and makes a point, I'm gonna bring it up. I'm absolutely gonna bring it up. You know, I'm not completely delusional. Maybe okay, if.
Speaker 5: I as Walls, I'd go JD. You've got a little you got a little cat on the on the corner of your mouth. Yeah, you got a little dog. Yeah, all right, Well it happened. We talked about this yesterday, but it happened. Nearly fifty thousand members of the International Longshoreman's Association are on strike. Yea, though this is going to wipe out so much it's going to choke off the flow of you know, basically the nation's imports and exports. This is a massive throw away and it's going to be they're saying the most disruptive work stoppage in decades here in the United States.
Speaker 3: You know what the demand is from the longshoreman's workers. Part of the demand seventy seven percent increase in pay over the next four years. Seventy seven percent.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that your last contract?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The way, yeah, you bet, you bet. All we've done for years is take haircuts.
Speaker 2: But then, you know, it's it's business. And I get that.
Speaker 3: I don't resent that, because you know, radio today is different than it was five years ago or ten years ago. But the point is they're being offered fifty percent over four years, and they're demanding seventy seven percent and you can't bring automation in. You have to limit the automation that comes into the ports to keep workers going and alive.
Speaker 5: Do you think, well they're arguing all of this, they're actually loading the automation in behind them.
Speaker 3: No, oh god, no. Now it all has to be bargained for collectively. And the problem is is that the DOC workers have unbelievable power.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what the union gets.
Speaker 3: We should look that up and what is base pay and any one of those ports of the Longshoreman's Union.
Speaker 6: LAY just talked to.
Speaker 7: Jim Ryan about this with ABC and he said they start at like eighty thousand, eighty one thousand, and they based on seniority and all that stuff, they can make up to two hundred thousand.
Speaker 6: Already.
Speaker 2: That's a union worker. You talk about a powerful union.
Speaker 3: And it used to be you know Steve Adores and the longshoreman.
Speaker 2: It used to be a really tough, tough job where you.
Speaker 3: Get these swinging cranes and those cargo nets that would go into the hold. Let me tell you what they do now is they go into the ship, they drive the cars off into a parking lot, A golf cart picks them up, drives back.
Speaker 2: To the ship, They pick up the.
Speaker 3: Next car, drive it to the lot, and go back and forth and get paid a couple hundred thousand dollars a year, and they want a seventy seven percent increase over the next four years. There aren't as many of them because you know, you got those big containers and the guys up there.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem. When you have those guys.
Speaker 3: Up two hundred feet and they're controlling those massive cranes that lift the containers where they pee.
Speaker 2: That has always been a problem. You want to take a break.
Speaker 5: It's weird how your brain works, or it doesn't. I guess as the case may be.
Speaker 6: Well, Charlie has done his last tussle.
Speaker 7: Pete Rose, the seventeen time All Star who said multiple Major League Baseball records during a twenty four year career that began in nineteen sixty three, has died in nineteen eighty nine. He voluntarily accepted a lifetime ban from baseball because of accusations he gambled on games while playing for and managing the Reds, and even was alleged to have beat on his own team.
Speaker 3: He was a gambler on of just ex biblical proportions.
Speaker 2: He would gamble on anything. He was that crazy.
Speaker 3: I met Pete Rose a few times. Here is an interesting story. Wow if you find it interesting. Across the street from Premiere Radio was a restaurant sicily restaurant where he used to eat out all the time. And I was friends with the owner and he was friends with the owner, so we started running into each other. The first time I met Pitt Pete Rose, I was introduced to him by Jamie Bill.
Speaker 2: This is Pete Pete Bill.
Speaker 3: He looked at me. I put my hand out to shake hands. He looked at me, and he goes, I was robbed. I should be in the Hall of Fame swear. That's how he started conversations. And then he wore those Elton John glasses for the latter part of his life. And you know how he made a living signing baseballs and bats. That is how he made a living. He would go to these shows and literally.
Speaker 2: Sign baseballs for the kids. I made a good living at it too, because he was You.
Speaker 5: Can find baseballs that say I'm sorry, I gambled, seriously say you would sign them.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I mean it's just interesting guy.
Speaker 3: But one of the goal time great ballplayers that you can't take away from him.
Speaker 4: Employees at this sucks.
Speaker 5: The Department of Veterans Affairs apparently improperly accessed medical files of Senator j D Vance and Minnesota Governor Tim Walls, and that just sucks, you know. So Washington Post, which first report of the incident, said at least a dozen employees access the records, and we've gotten to the point where we don't care about anything but our own views or having insights that other people don't.
Speaker 3: Now they haven't those records have not been released publicly, but you know a lot of people have those private ones.
Speaker 2: You know, they were looking at them privately.
Speaker 4: It just sucks that you've so artisan or anything like this secks.
Speaker 6: So they get out to vote. Message apparently is working.
Speaker 7: Hundreds of thousands of new voters have signed up to gas ballots in the November election, and they're looking at key battleground states where the races are very close. The number of registered voters in those seven states is up compared to the twenty twenty presidential contest. North Carolina nearly a half million more registered voters in Michigan, three hundred and fifty thousand more in Arizona. That's also up, so interesting people are registering.
Speaker 3: I mean, keep in mind when you talk about hundreds of thousands of new registered voters. Biden won Georgia by eleven thousand votes, that's it.
Speaker 2: Michigan it was well, no, Michigan. It was a healthy win.
Speaker 3: But Nevada was just a smidge in favor of Biden.
Speaker 2: So this is a big, big deal.
Speaker 3: Now the issue is whether the new voters, the new registrants, are Democratic or republic My guess is they tend to swing Democrat. I don't know why, but I just sort of have that feeling. But I'll tell you where it may hit is the Taylor Swift move her endorsing Kamala Harris and telling Swifties to register and vote. That may have some influence. Don't know, there's you know, there are way too many angles to this one. There are too many facets to this election. It is fascinating up in the air. Which way is it going to go? And I don't know the answer to that obviously, Literally I could not tell you. Usually I go, yeah, well, well I knew that Hillary was going to win, that there was no issue, right, I was pretty and I knew Barack Obama was going to win, and I certainly knew Barack Obama was going to win the second time, but this one is it's going to be razor razor thin.
Speaker 2: And I just can't wait. I just can't wait.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, the US wants to triple nuclear or if you're w nuclear power by twenty fifty. So yeah, more, not only three Mile Island going to restart, but we need more, we need more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were one hundred wall we do we need well, there's no way we can meet there's no way we can meet our goals. Fossil fuel emission cut down. Without nukes, you can't do it. And it's just we were on our way. By the way, there were tons of nuclear plants that were being designed and permitted, and then Fukushima happened, shut it down across the world.
Speaker 2: And without that, you know.
Speaker 3: That France seventy five or eighty percent of it's entire energy needs are with nuclear deviceo nuclear reactors, and.
Speaker 2: We can't do it without it, can't. So it's gonna come back.
Speaker 3: You're gonna see a lot of nuclear But the problem is takes ten years to build a nuclear.
Speaker 2: Reactor just to get the permission to build one.
Speaker 3: The design is like insanity because they I don't know why governments are upset about things like Chernobyl.
Speaker 2: You know, it happens, and I can.
Speaker 4: Probably do it quicker if we cut some corners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we would. Those Russian design reactors are quite the thing.
Speaker 4: Or Homer Simpson running it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so did?
Speaker 2: He didn't give up.
Speaker 7: He is trying to get his denial of bail overturned. Sean Combe's legal team has submitted a notice of appeal to a higher court seeking an appeals court judgment that would overturn Judge Andrew Carter Junior's September eighteenth decision denying his request to be released from jail on conditions that included a fifty million dollars bomb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and let me tell you what are chances of him overturning that bail? About zero, because he would have to prove that procedurally something happened wrong, that the judge did not have either the right or acted in such a way that it was capricious and arbitrary, and just to punish him as opposed to Gee, this is a pretty serious crime. Wow, you have more money than God and you have the ability to leave.
Speaker 2: And on top of that, look at the charges.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the appeals going to go to the court's going to say, yeah, yeah, let's.
Speaker 2: Turn it around. Ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 5: The man who prosecutors say stock Donald Trump in Florida, Ryan Wesley, Ruth, Ruth, Ralph, Well, Ralph, thank you, Amy said that he set up what they're calling a sniper's nest on the fence there bordering the former president's West Palm Beach golf course. He is pleaded not guilty to a crap ton of different accusations, gun charges, assassination, attempt assaulting an officer.
Speaker 3: Are fascinated by a charge of attempting to assassinate a major presidential candidate. I can see a public figure, but a candidate is kind of an interesting charge as opposed to just a straightway attempt murder, attempting attempted murder.
Speaker 4: But he's a former president, I do.
Speaker 3: I would tell you know that it used to be that when JFK was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, that was not a federal crime. It was a straight murder charge. That's it, yeah, straight out you know, Dallas murder charge. It was not a federal crime, and they changed it after that. Matter of fact, there was a huge fight wow Dallas authorities and the Feds, and it didn't pan out because of course Oswald was assassinated or was.
Speaker 2: Killed by Jack Ruby, but it was it was a straight.
Speaker 3: Murder, and they changed it all the way around. Now it's a bad thing to try to kill a president.
Speaker 6: Great news if you're a bad driver.
Speaker 7: California Department of Motor Vehicles has announced that it no longer is requiring most drivers seventy and older to take a written knowledge test when renewing their license. They say it's to improve customer service. They say a thousands fewer people need to visit the DMV or can spend less time in an office. The people who need to take care of business in one of our offices can be better served.
Speaker 6: Of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ever taken that? You've taken that test? We all have.
Speaker 6: Oh, I failed it the first time I took it.
Speaker 2: How do you fail that test?
Speaker 3: You know? For example, what color light do you stop on? Blue, puce, peel or red? And you've and you failed the exam?
Speaker 6: Amy, I you know what? The Oregon laws are different than the California.
Speaker 3: Actually actually it can't get pretty obscure, by the way, it really can. You know, how many feet behind a vehicle do you have to be when making a left turn?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Two hundred three hundred four. Now I'm just making fun of you, that's all.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, that's okay, And I deserve it because I didn't read the book and.
Speaker 6: I failed the test. There you go, all right, But now if you're over seventy you don't have to take it. So if you're a bad driver.
Speaker 3: You're good to go, good to go, and you can be blind. No, they give you the eye testess. Yes, yeah, Neil, your Mike is a nine.
Speaker 5: Judge Robert mcburne, Georgia State County of Fulton County judge rather says that the abortion ban, the six week abortion ban, is unconstitutional under Georgia State Constitution and suggests that the six week abortion ban treated women like collectively owned community property.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he went to it's he took it to a political extreme.
Speaker 2: This is not what a judge should do. A judge to simply.
Speaker 3: Rule on the legality and without throwing politics in there. This is does the law meet the requirements? Is it unconstitutional? Here's why it's now Obviously, the pro the pro abortion folks are jumping up and down because Georgia it just has to rework its laws, which it will, but it's considered.
Speaker 2: A major win.
Speaker 3: And then and there's I'm not going to get into it because under Row and he's bringing back basically the Row definitions, and we don't have to get into it.
Speaker 2: But anyway, big win.
Speaker 3: This is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.