Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock Accident and injury Lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell, Andy Conall, koa.
Speaker 3: M God.
Speaker 4: You wanna say you can?
Speaker 3: Then three, Andy Connall, Keith sad Day, Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 5: To a Thursday feels like Monday edition of the show, which makes tomorrow a Friday, which feels like Tuesday. And it doesn't get any better than that. Anyway. I am here your host for the next three hours. Mandy Connell and that guy over there back from vacation. Also Anthony Rodriguez, Ay Rod. When Chuck and Q we're in here the other day, I meant to have him to do an airhorn and I totally forgot. Way to go. I'm gonna have all record it at home. I'll just record it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll retort that at home them aware they will be forever used.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I have figured we're under utilizing this air horn impersonation thing, because I feel like we should make every guest do an air horn, like we play it for them and then ask them to do it. Maybe not the super serious guests, but maybe like the dumb guess, like the fluffy guests. You know, we should make them do that, and then we could have a whole we'd.
Speaker 6: Have a library. They just go, you're listening to the Andy Condall Show. And exactly similarly, how you hear like you know the Broncos players say, you're listening to the Broncos.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you're listening to Mandy Conda. That's fantastic. I need to think about this more self promotion in twenty twenty five. That's one of my show. That's the wine Yogi. What's funny is I know the people that I know, I know exactly who is or who are doing them? You get the wine Yogi? You Susan Wickin, that would be that. I thought it was the wine Yogi too. No, this was that one that was sent in or no, that's Daily May. Yes it is. Oh and then these are children, now that this is a child. Yeah, this is a child that's beyond adorable. And you yeah, I haven't. I don't even have one. Why did you do? Why do was?
Speaker 6: We create it on a fly? I don't have to record it. Minds are always different.
Speaker 5: All right, let's do this. Let's talk about the blog, because oh my goodness, we got a lot of stuff to talk about, and I mean a lot of stuff to talk about. So if you want to find the blog, go to mandy'sblog dot com. That's mandy'sblog dot com. Then look for the headline that says one two twenty five blog. By the way, I type that date correctly. On the second of January, I type twenty twenty five instead of twenty twenty four. That has got to be some kind of new personal record. It's my new pr because I always write the last year. You know, when we used to write checks, that was always you were constantly writing at check you Oh crap, I wrote the wrong year till like February, you know. And now I look at me one two twenty five blog, Terror attacks rock the New Year. Click on that and here are the headlines you will find within. Are you being with some list in office?
Speaker 6: Half American allarships and clipments of say that's gonna press plach.
Speaker 5: Today? On the blog? Two separate attacks to start the new year? Can we make Denver great again? Psychedelics have entered the chat. Let's talk about when law enforcement calls out bad behavior. Neighborhoods change, Get over it. Colorado ranchers want their money. Till Wiser is running for governor. Comedian Whitney Cummings took out the Dems on New Year's Eve. Lots of egg stories in Colorado this year. How do you know if you're exercising hard enough, make your resolution stick? And these? Add these to your list to do this year. Everybody's going to red rocks. Broccoli is bad now. An avalanche is a real possibility right now. AI makes this so we can't trust anything here Today, Gone Tomorrow portrait The Smoke Break Injustice from Russia with love, achieve Piece through acceptance. The Cubs should have done this years ago. A Jeffco school's mystery ends in death. Those are the headlines on the blog at mandy'sblog dot com. And yesterday Chuck and I were watching something I don't even know. We were just kind of fussing around yesterday, you know, doing a little of this, a little of that. On New Year's Day, when you don't go out and party and when you're not really a drinker anymore, New Year's Day is like a whole It's like a it's like a revelation where you feel like great when you wake up in the morning, AND's so It's so refreshing and nice. Yeah, I know you didn't have that day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, now, well you know I already had a bug going plus New Year's East.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as you would expect from me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just instead watching her mid Wicked.
Speaker 5: Uh oh wow, I saw your review of Wicked. We'll get into that a little bit later. Well, Mandy hated the airhorn. Now she loves it. You know what. It wore me down. It wore me down with its sweet, sweet embrace. That's what happened.
Speaker 6: Children, Yeah, listen to that.
Speaker 5: Listen to that little girl. Oh my gosh, how adorable. I can't stand it. Anyway, And Chuck and I are sitting around there by the way for the person who said, where's the damn audio? Chuck, he's working on it. Trust me, now that he's on the job, it will happen. Anyway. You don't know what I'm talking about. You need to listen to the show on the thirty first. Anyway, And Chuck says, I found out that the Sugar Bowl was postponed. And I'm like, what, why is the Sugar Bowl postponed? And he said, oh, you didn't hear. There's a guy who he said, shot a bunch of people, and I'm like what, So of course I go to the interwebsit I look it up and I was like, no, he didn't shoot anybody. He just ran over a bunch of people with a truck, which is now I guess the new thing, the new weapon of mass destruct is an F one fifty rented from Toro. And then yesterday afternoon, as I was sort of following that story because a lot became known about the guy who perpetrated that attack right away, so I start following that, and then I see what happened at the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas. Now, in Las Vegas, I have family, right, so that one You're like, wait, what's happening. Interestingly enough, another guy suicide bomber. I'm gonna call him a suicide bomber because that's what he was. Decided to rent a cyber truck, a Tesla cyber truck, and fill it full of fireworks and gas canisters and gasoline and ignited it in the front of the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas. But to its credit, the cyber truck contained the blast and so it didn't even break the windows of the Trump Hotel, but it killed the perpetrator of that of that incident as well, and both of these men. This is what we know so far, and I've been trying very closely to follow what we know about these individuals. The guy in New Orleans, and this is a thumbnail sketch, was in the military for over a decade and apparently in the last few months had sort of fallen off. He converted to Islam. I believe what he was a young man, not recently. I believe he was a young man. His brother said, you know, a very very long time ago. They were raised Christian. But he converted to Islam, and he had been in the military, came out of the military. Seemed like he might have had a bit of a rough transition, although at one point it was reported he had a very well paying job. But in the last six to eight nine months a year whatever, I don't have the exact timeline. He's been living in a rather downtrodden trailer park with a whole bunch of other rather poor Muslim immigrants. And it has been reported that he was going to kill his family. He was going to get them all together in one place and you know, kill them all. But he decided that wouldn't make enough of a statement, so instead he rented a truck. He strapped an ice this flag to the back of the truck and he drove through Bourbon Street, which if you heard us talking about Marti Gras last or earlier this week, actually the Sugar Bowl is the same vibe as Marti Gras. Not as many people, but a lot. I've been to the Sugar Bowl. I've been to Marti Gras. I know what I'm talking about. It is a massive celebration in the streets are full. They are full of college students who don't go to bed before five o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 6: And mind you, where he entered, and I kid you not, we were stunned when we saw this on the video, exactly next to where our hotel was. And so we know for a fact that this is the prime entrance to Bourbon Street from Royal Street. This is the prime entrance to Bourbon Street, like it is the place to be the most people. You're going right through the flow of the most people. I mean, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: The concrete barricades or seal barricades they use during big events to keep people off of Bourbon Street were either being replaced, but they were not there. There were two police cars that were kind of blocking the road. And this is maybe one of those circumstances where this guy got lucky on the perfect day to show up that day because the barricades were not in place. Somebody just said on the text line the Common Spirit Health text line, look again at the details. In New Orleans shooting was involved only after he crashed the truck into a crane, he got out and started firing, and he fired at police who fired back and left him dead right there. So that's the New Orleans situation. One Army veteran, fifteen people dead. Hopefully no one else passes away. We have a lot of people in the hospital that are injured. But hopefully that is the death toll, that it does not get worse, because that's quite bad enough. Incident number two a guy who I believe has been reported as active duty. I don't know if it's been reported that he's active duty at for A Carson. I think I put that on the blog when I assumed that, but I have not seen that specifically that he is active duty at for A Carson. But he was an active duty member of the Army who rented a truck off Toro, drove it to Las Vegas with all this stuff in it. And I don't know if he meant to set it off with himself inside, although I think he probably did, or if something went wrong, I don't know. But you have two men obviously suicidal, both of them. You'll plan either of these incidents and think you're going to get away with it, right, I mean, that's not how this works. The end result is going to be your death, and you have And I really started thinking about this today because in situations like this, and I don't want anything I'm about to say to sound like I am excusing what these men chose to do, because I'm not not at all. But if we cannot figure out what happens to someone who, at a bare minimum, at one point in their lives, these two men were driven by a sense of duty, by a sense of probably wanting to be part of something bigger than themselves, of wanting maybe even to serve their nation, that they joined the military. Now I know that people think, you know, at this stage there's the sort of snobbery, belief that only idiots joined the military. Nothing could be further from the truth. Some of the finest young people I know are in the military or have been in the military, And they volunteered, and they signed up, and they did it because they wanted to serve this country. They wanted to be part of something that mattered. They have a servant's heart, as they say so. At some point in their lives, these gentlemen fit that mold or some combination of those things. What makes a person who is born with a servant's heart, who signs up to be part of something bigger than themselves, has a sense of duty to country? What makes them turn into a person who drives a pickup truck through a crowded street in order to make some kind of statement about isis aligning yourself with an organization that you actively fought against. This guy went to Afghanistan as a soldier, you could argue maybe got radicalized there. I don't think. I think the radicalization is just a cover for the bigger issue that these men, for some reason decided that they no longer mattered what they had chosen, what they were doing. It didn't matter enough. It wasn't going to be enough to make the kind of impression on the world that they believe they should make and so in order to make that kind of impression, as the guy in New Orleans actually said, I was going to kill my family, but I decided it wouldn't make enough of a splash. Oh yeah, because just murdering your families, you know, you'll probably end up the subject of a podcast at some point. He was right, of course. I mean, if he had just killed his family, we certainly wouldn't be having this conversation now. And this guy, I mean, we have an active duty soldier. I don't know as much about his background because I haven't released as much about his background, but he's currently in the military according to reports, and again according to reports, we have not confirmed that. So you know, anything you hear yesterday today, don't commit it to don't write it in stone. Okay, just keep paying attention to the updates. But I found myself just going, man, what is happening with these people? And before people say, oh, the military is the problem and it breaks people down, no, we have had men and women serve in the military for hundreds of years without these issues. And maybe it's just because now we have national news and we hear about all of these things. I get it. I mean, I just we have to figure out what the problem was, Mandy. He was on leave from the tenth to Strikeforce Group in Germany as per X. I'm reading from the text line right now. Molly Heningway just posted that the Vegas sheriff said the guy shot himself before he blew up the Tesla. Well, that would make sense. But okay, yeah, Mandy, I think using the truck was pl and B because the IEDs didn't go off.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think that now. We just saw this at a Christmas market in Germany. It's a very effective way to kill a lot of people, you know, like it not. Driving a truck through a crowd is a great way to kill a bunch of people easily and without having to look them in the eye, you know. So, uh, Mandy, I find it hard to believe that a special Ops trained Army soldier would use fireworks and gas tanks stored in the bed of a tank of a truck as a bomb to cause mass destruction. Maybe you didn't mean to cause mass destruction. Maybe he just went to make a statement. Here's what I think he thought. I think he thought that if he could set the Tesla truck on fire, they would never be able to get it out. And you see, I don't know if you've seen the pictures of what they actually did. They put one of those blankets on it to smother the fire because you can't use water on an electric fire because it causes arcs, and arcs just reignite the fire over and over and over. That's why some of these electric carfires will burn for days. So now they use the giant blankets to smother the fire and put it out. But I'm not sure that he meant to blow up Trump, you know, the Trump Hotel. I don't know if that was what the intention was. Like I said, we don't know a lot about that dude and what he was doing. In my opinion, there are a lot more angry males just walking around than in the past. I agree one hundred percent, and I think there's multiple reasons for that. Number one, the breakdown of the family, that's a big one. Number Two, people are moving away from God. There was a great story and I put it on the blog on New Year's Eve. I may go back and revisit it in the next week or so because it was so good about how now intellectuals are finding God, and intellectuals are turning back in there, and they're committing themselves to various religions and faiths. You know, too many people are out there wandering around looking for meaning. They're looking to fill that God's size hole with something else.
Speaker 7: They want it.
Speaker 5: They want politics to fill it, they want climate change to fill it, they want animal rights to fill it, they want all of these things. They want somebody else to fill that void that is God shaped for a reason, I think. And when you have people who've lost all hopes, I mean all hope, that seems like a reasonable assertion that they just thought this was their way to make their mark, and unfortunately they didn't have anybody else to intervene and say that's not a great idea. I guess, Mandy, you heard there was another shooting in New York last night, ten wounded, being outside of an event building. I understood that that was either gang related in some measure. And I hate to be cavalier about gang shootings, but when one gang shoots up another gang, I don't count it as a mass shooting. And I count it as a gang shooting. Even if a mass number of people dihide. That's like a different category of crime in my mind, right or wrong, that's just how I view it. We will be back momentarily at one o'clock. We've got a guy. I happened to be scrolling x this morning and I saw this guy post a letter to his landlord about why he and his family must leave their home in the Highlands. We're gonna talk to him at one o'clock and I'm I wait till I share this letter with you, and it's stunning. And the reason I'm having him on is we need more Denver rights to get loud about what they're dealing with. We're gonna talk to him at one, but I got more stuff coming back at Jeffco. Mystery gets even worse ends with a death. What is happening to the person who at the text line to say, Mandy, isn't it time for common sense electric truck control? I laughed out loud because when I did realize and this is how sick my mind is, You guys, this is not how normal people think. So two things happened over the last few days that maybe go God, I'm just not a normal person. One of them was when I found out that a truck was used in this attack in New Orleans. I immediately thought to myself, Well, what are what are the pundit's gonna say they can't call for truck control. They can't do that. My guess is they're going to pivot to the angry veteran and how dangerous veterans are. That's That's what I'm guessing is we're going to see in the next few days. So this texter said serving with the military was an amazing experience. The problem for me and transitioning was reality at this blank show we call life is a huge puppet show. Everybody is pulling somebody's strings, and everybody is an a hole. I wish that I could tell you that that was a misguided perception, but it's really not. I feel like we have more a holes walking around than we used to. I'd like to thank the texter who sent me this, Mandy. Bible sales increased dramatically in twenty twenty four and has been increasing for several years. Well, I'd never trusted texture with statistics, so I used the Google and let me share with you from a Fox News story, print Bible sales had a five year low of just under eight point nine million in twenty twenty that, according to data Now, sales surpassed thirteen points seven million in the first ten months of this year. Now, the increase in Bible sales comes even as polling shows a decline in religiosity across the country. Now as Fox does, they went and found a first time Bible buyer, and Brianna Fitzpatrick said she decided to buy a Bible because she's looking for purpose, exactly what I said. You know, there are things in life that logic cannot explain. There are things about us that brain power and science cannot explain. There's so many times that I'm watching a nature documentary, and we watch a lot in nature documentaries. First of all, we got this great new TV for Christmas. Holy crap, the picture it's like you're in the ocean. It's incredible. But nonetheless, we're watching these things and you start to see how animals have these very very unique things about them, like specific to them that maybe they're the only animal that has that particular thing, and it's critical to their survival, and sometimes it's critical to their place in the food chain that helps another animal survive because they are slow, or they have bad eyesight or whatever. Makes it easy for something else to eat. And I think to myself, the perfection of the balance of nature for you to think that all of that happened because of billions and billions and billions of most perfect mutations ever, because that's what it would take for evolution to happen, as they say. And don't get me wrong, I think that people can change and evolve. But you know, I'm one of those people that believes in intelligent design. I don't believe the word earled Earth is six thousand years old. I'm not in that camp. But it's too perfectly mathematically put together to just be random crap that happened because the mutation went here or mutation went there. It's just too perfect. And I think as we've leaned into science and we've seen how science has let us down, maybe people are starting to question that whole trust the experts. This is one of the reasons that the Trump idle worship bothers me. And it has nothing to do with Trump the man, it really doesn't. It has to do with the fact that there is a segment of the population that I honestly believe if Donald Trump went and told them to go kill their neighbor, they would do it. I don't know how large that part of the population is, but I think they exist. I think there are people who are so enamored and so wedded to the concept of the man Donald Trump, that they have lost their mind and they've lost the ability to say, He's just a man. He is as fallible as I am, as you are, as a rod is. We are all fallible beings. There are no perfect people. There are people who are better at being good people than others, but there are no perfect people. If you believe that earth is a classroom like I do, we're all here to learn. We all have something to learn, right, So it concerns me when I see people put their faith in a human being because a human being will eventually let them down. I would much rather those people put their faith in a higher power that is never going to let them down, then waste their time elevating any human being to that standard. I realized something the other day. I've been thinking a lot. I did a lot of thinking on this holiday. It was lovely. Just a lot of thinking, a lot of cooking, too much, eating, a lot of this, a lot of that. You know what I'm saying? So I did a lot of thinking on this holiday, and I realized that, you know, we in society, we put all of these artificial constructs in our society where we are supposed to bow down in some not physical manner. We don't do that in the United States, but we are supposed to give deference to people because we perceive that they have higher status than we do. And you see this a lot in political circles. You have people in political circles especially, and I'm sure it happens in other circles, but this is where I have seen it most clearingly. You have all of the sort of minions in political circles, and then you have kind of the seekers in political circles who are trying to get ahead, and everybody's trying to figure out how they can leverage this relationship with this person or that relationship with that person to get where they want to be. So when you see it happen so blatantly, and you see the level of like I don't want to say respect is the wrong word, because respect, in my mind, is earned, and sometimes this is given though it is not earned or deserved. In my opinion, the level of difference given to people in politics by people who want them to do something on their behalf is ridiculous. I called a member of Congress by his first name one time in an interview and he corrected me. He was like, that's Congressman so and so, and I was like, okay, And I called him by his first name again, just honestly to be a jerk, because I didn't like that. First of all, don't correct me on my show. Your people should have told me that you were sensitive about that, and they didn't, and it was just an a whole thing to do. But in my mind, that guy, that guy rode that title. By the way, he was only in Congress for one more term after that. It was terrible. But I just thought, that's that kind of difference. I'm not down with that. What we have now though, we have two people serving in the military at one point or currently who decided that their lives had gone so amiss that they were going to murder people in order to make the impact that they feel like they could not make otherwise. And I realized, I'm projecting and I'm speculating, But do you guys have a better idea, Because if we don't understand the underlying portion of it. It's going to happen again and again and again and again. So yeah, yeah, Oh, someone just called me an ignorant stupid bitch on the text line and I don't even know why. I have no idea. Yeah, clarify. If you're gonna hurl it insult, just let me know what what word is, what what I'm what I'm an ignorant stupid bitch about. That would clear up I'm too stupid to understand from just the text. That'd be fantastic. Help a sister out. If you have an idea of what what we could do here, of what we need to do, let me know. I'd love to know, Mandy. I know a chiropractor who insists on being called doctor, So I just say, okay, thanks Joe. Chiropractors are called doctor. Others are like, Hi, I'm Dave, you know, but if you do it in a manner that's not rude, I'll completely acquiesce that. If you're rude, I'm gonna be rude back. I asked them, what did I say that that you off? They have not responded. I'm like, I really don't but I really appreciate these text messages Mandy brad here. I'm actually I actually have degrees in physics and chemistry. Many physicists astronomers believe the same. The statistical breakdown of our universe galaxy's world is so complex, so beautifully mathematically perfect, the odds of this being random isn't really considered anymore that talking about intelligent design. A lot of you weighing in at maybe they were a mad Trump supporter, and you, guys, I don't think I said anything bad about Trump supporters. I said there is a section of the population that is so over like, insanely passionate about Donald Trump that I think they would go kill somebody if he told him to. If you're part of that group and you know it, then that's really not healthy, especially to lash out at a talk shows. You just pointed it out, and I'm not even mad at you. I'm just saying, when you put your faith in a human being, if you put your faith in a religious leader, if you put your faith in a politician, if you put your faith in pretty much anyone long term, if you put all of your marvels in that basket, they are going to disappoint you. Think about how many church leaders now fall into scandal. And I actually think that they fall to scandal because when you lead a megachurch or you have a brand of a church, right, I think you become a celebrity in a way. I think that people start to look up to you with stars in their eyes, and they start to when you look at them and smile, they oh, gosh, she's so amazing, And it is corrupting. Celebrity is probably, in my mind, one of the most corrupting things that can happen. That's why I don't like politicians as celebrities. I don't like that mix because being in power is already corrupting enough. You really don't need to had celebrity into it to be even more corrupting. This is why when people I cannot believe that there are still child actors in Hollywood after everything we know about child actors and what has happened to them in the past and how they turn out, because it's the celebrity where people are just telling you you're great all the time is incredibly corrupting, and yet people still you get sucked into it. I mean, you really do. And trust me, I'm not mad at you for being a Trump supporter. All I'm saying is use your brain. Please please, Mandy, I applied your encouragement for intelligent design. I praise God for your boldness and speaking the truth and love. Thank you. You encourage me greatly. Wishing you a joyful new year for you and your family. I will say this, I will tell you that on the blog, on the New Year's Eve blog, and I might go back and pull it because there's an article in the Free about intellectuals finding God. It's very, very good. But what I find fascinating is every single one of them said some version of you know, I did all these things. I was smart, I was educated, and yet I still felt this void. The void was there even the way it accomplished all these other things. And I really do believe that we have a God shaped holl I really tree. It's such a silly way to say it, but it is true. And in my personal life. Statistically it's been born out that people of strong faith are some of the happiest people in the country, and conversely, young liberal women are the most miserable. They are the least likely to have religion because too many religions. And I'm just gonna sort of put upon religions right now. Too many religions have been very patriarchal forever, sometimes written into their doctrines, sometimes not, and young women are rejecting that. But instead of rejecting you know, religion and not God, which I personally believe you can do. I know lots of people who are very godly and they walk with God, but they don't necessarily go to church, and so they're miserable over there, whereas the people of deep faith they're happy. And you know who is turning to faith more than any other demographic right now, young men. Young men are showing up at church. Young men are looking for a purpose greater than themselves and they're going. So I'm encouraged. I you know, the whole thing. And I can never remember the name of the Scottish guy who did the seven steps from you know, slavery to I used to know them all by heart, and I've just let them go out of my brain. But we've been in the apathy portion for a long time, and lately we've realized and I think if you looked at the last election cycle, you see people are tired of feeling like someone else is calling the shots for them and I'm not in any way, shape or form comparing what we went through with COVID with actual slavery human you know, shadow, I'm not comparing those things. But we got a tiny taste of that totalitarianism and people were like, you know what, don't like it, not going to vote for it again. That's that's all part of the cycle of the seven stages of a democracy. Maybe we're gonna skip through or skip past actual slavery and totalitarianism. That would be lovely. I'd love to say we can do it, but we all have to be pretty pretty certain about it. And one thing that is required is people of faith. Not everybody has to be a person of faith, but enough do. Here's the thing I talk about God, and I'm talking about this not because I'm trying to proselytize. You know, everybody has to make their own decision. You have to find your own way, You gotta you gotta follow your own path. But what I want to do is make it okay for you out there listener who does believe in God and has a strong faith, to talk about it and talk about it however you want. Because for a very long time, people of faith have been cowed into silence. And it should be okay for you to say my faith in God helped me get through a really bad time, or being grateful to God gives me a great outlook every single day. You should be able to do that and nobody should cringe. And we're seeing more of it, I think, and that, my friends, gives me hope.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I have a guest coming on next. He's a man who has lived and loved living in the Highlands in Denver for a long time. But this morning on x he posted the letter he sent to his landlord telling him that they had to move. We're going to talk to him next. Keep it right here on KOA.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Bell and Pollock Accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 2: No, it's Mandy Connell and donal on Kama, Got Way Guy can the Nicey.
Speaker 3: Free by Canal Keeping No sad Thing.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the second hour of the show. And this morning, as I was making my coffee, I was perusingex dot com, as I often do as I'm making my coffee, and I saw a post by a guy named Taylor Romero, and it is an email that he sent to his landlord yesterday said I live in the Highlands and I'm going to encapsulate it for you, though I did put it on the blog today, so you can go over to the blog and read it there. But the long and short of it is, and I'll read this one paragraph to get you started. Homeless and druggies are now a common occurrence in the back alley, one even going so far as urinating in the small space between the house and the neighbors. I confronted in mid act, and he hasn't been back. I could hear the girls laugh, playing with a friend just feet away, but inside, so they had no idea what was happening. Then he goes on to talk about the last sixty days that he and his family have had to endure, watching a young woman be chased, watching little girls get her scooters stolen in broad daylight, watching drug activity and things of that nature. And I reached out and Taylor has agreed to join me on the show. He says, he's just an average dad and husband living in the Highlands who's hoping things changed before they end up being forced to leave the state. Taylor, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: First of all, yeah, Mandy, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 5: So how long have you lived in the Highlands?
Speaker 4: Uh, cheesy, less than ten years, more than seven.
Speaker 7: And it's been a while now.
Speaker 4: My two daughters are kind of now comfortable to the area of their friends in the area, and so those kind of those commitments make it really hard for us to mobile or to move.
Speaker 7: But it's it's been maybe near a decade now.
Speaker 5: You talked about your wife being chased by someone while she was walking around Slumslake and you having to leave work and go pick her up. That has to be very very unnerving. Was was that Was there one particular incident and everything you laid out in this in this letter to your email or landlord, Was there any one particular incident or was it really an accumulation?
Speaker 7: Gosh that that is such a good question. It's been an accumulation.
Speaker 4: And I don't know how much time we have, but I can I can walk through the progression, yeah, and share that. So the first kind of experience that comes to mind was maybe like four years ago. I'm on thirty second in Federal heading West. I'm up next at the red light light turn screen. I start to pull forward. I'm halfway two thirds of the way through the intersection and I get t boned.
Speaker 7: I get t boned hard.
Speaker 4: The car that hits me, it's big suburban, hits me kind of banks to the to their right. So now they're in front of me, and I start to do what I think is kind of Carmen Harlance at this point when you get hit is to pull over. And I started to see they were accelerating and I was like, oh, oh no, and so I think I'm going to take out my phone and I'm going to take a picture of the license plate.
Speaker 7: They don't have a license plate.
Speaker 4: So they start to accelerate. I am like, well, I'm just gonna call the police and I'm going to follow them. And I start to press on the accelerator and my car's like nah and splutters. So I call the police. A bunch of witnesses come around. They're like, hey, we'll hang out for the police. I call the police and the dispatch says asked me, did you get a license plate?
Speaker 7: And I was like no, they actually didn't have one.
Speaker 4: And the person online goes, oh, well, there's nothing we can do.
Speaker 7: Sha, Well, are you going to send you need to send someone out or it's like, Nope, there's nothing we can do. Fill out a report online. Ah, okay, So I thought about this.
Speaker 4: What do you call getting t boned by somebody, having your property damaged by somebody who is driving illegally, and the police being called but putting in zero effort.
Speaker 7: I call it foreshadowing.
Speaker 4: So then the next I didn't know at the time, right, I had no idea at the time. I just thought that this is really, this is not awesome, and I fill out a report online so I can deal with my car insurance.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: Sometime passes in the measure of months, and I am walking on thirty second and Lowell in the little of the shopping district, Love that area.
Speaker 7: And I am I.
Speaker 4: I'm confronted by a really nice young lady who I've helped describe as say, clipboard warrior.
Speaker 7: You've seen them out there.
Speaker 4: They've got their clipboards and they're trying to get you to sign something or to fill something out.
Speaker 7: So I'm talking with her. There's a whole story about my conversation with her.
Speaker 4: But about fifteen minutes into our conversation or I think, she starts to realize, oh my gosh, maybe I'm on the wrong side of the clipboard. Here she I hear, help, Help, Help, And I look up and I see two homeless people grappling on the sidewalk in front of one of the coffee shops that I don't think. I think just went out of business in the past week. And he's screaming help. So I say, all right, it was awesome talking. Excuse me for a minute. Someone's calling for help. It's my wife hates it, like it's my instinct if someone's in an emergency and asking for.
Speaker 7: Help to go investigate. So I go.
Speaker 4: I walk up, and I see these two homeless guys on the ground, one on top of the other, someone calling for help, and I'll never forget.
Speaker 7: I set my backpack down.
Speaker 4: I start to walk over and one of the shop owners steps in front of me, puts her hand on my chest.
Speaker 7: Says, no, stop, just just stay out of it, let.
Speaker 4: Them finish, And I was like, uh no, so I lightly just kind of push her hand aside.
Speaker 7: I straddled both of them.
Speaker 4: I did like the weapons inspection, like, okay, I'm seeing knives, I'm see anything. I grabbed the guy on top, got him into a hole to kind of secure him, and it was like a glass wall was broken, because at that moment, three or four other.
Speaker 7: Guys jumped into help.
Speaker 4: Me, right right, And so we pull him apart, we extract them, we de escalate.
Speaker 7: We one of the ladies there says, I've called the police. They're on their way.
Speaker 4: Five minutes past, ten minutes past, the guy who was the attacker just gets up walks away. Yeah, another five minutes past, another ten minutes past, the guy who was being attacked.
Speaker 7: I just turned.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't think they're coming, dude, And so we're all looking at each other like we don't think the police aren't The police aren't coming, and so we all just leave.
Speaker 6: Taylor.
Speaker 5: This is what Paul, This is. This is I want to a couple of things about that story that I want to just interrupt really quickly. You first of all, running towards danger. Congrats and hats off to you. And I think that a lot of your neighbors needed you to break that that that glass, right, because they don't want to be the first one in, but they will help if someone else jumps in. Secondarily, that instinct will be beaten out of you when nothing ever happens at the end of it. You know what I'm saying, Like the police not bothering to respond. And I know Denver police has been undermanned, understaffed for a long time now, but but to your point, when it feels like they're not even trying what it beats the instincts in citizens like you to try and help. That's very frustrating to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it changes like we were like kind of focused on what's the light at the end of the tunnel. It does not involve law enforcement, And I think that's good to know, at least in my experience back to back, which is why we get into my email all of these things that I'm seeing. We've stopped calling the police, and in fact, after some of this stuff has happened, my wife and I spoke, we said, well, shall we call the police, Like what would be the point? Like, yeah, file report online, like they're not going to do anything, not going to show. Well, I was at Walmart in Lakewood and they have a fully like clothed, vested armed police officer that is on duty there, and so I had overheard him talking to one of the guys that worked there about something with the holidays and his wife, and so after he was done talking, I approached him. I said, hey, man, I had a question as like a husband, and I.
Speaker 7: Don't know if you have kids.
Speaker 4: Is me talking out or if you have kids, but it's like a husband and as a father, like here some things that are happening.
Speaker 7: What what do I do? Like if i'm if, i'm.
Speaker 4: If one of my responsibilities is the safety and the protection.
Speaker 7: Of my of my family and property. What do I do?
Speaker 4: And he says, well, you could, and he talks about calling and reporting, and I responded, I said, man, none of that, none of your answers. Did I hear any confidence in what you were saying? Yeah, I like, give me an answer, you're confident and no joke.
Speaker 7: He looks me up and down.
Speaker 4: He goes, well, I think given what you're wearing, you could probably have a concealed fire arm. You should probably go that route because and this is a quote unquote unfortunately that's where we are.
Speaker 6: Dang.
Speaker 5: So you know, so how did you You sent this to your landlord? The letter? And again I linked to it on the blog, so people want to go read the whole thing. But I think anybody who lives in Denver who has been continually gas lit about what is actually happening in neighborhoods. And that's one of the reasons I wanted to have you on. I need more Denver Rights to come forward with their story because what I think is happening is that a lot of people feel very isolated when they are experiencing some of these things. They don't want to be the neighbor to call the police, or they don't want to be that neighbor that seems judgmental or whatever. There's a whole bunch of like social pressures that go into this. But I think that Denver Rights have to stand up and say this is enough. We're not going to put up with us anymore. What did your landlord say when he read the letter or she read the letter?
Speaker 4: Well, no joke, I got their response just before we start our call, so I have not read it yet.
Speaker 5: Oh God, surely they know. I mean, surely, if they own the properties, they know what's going on in the neighborhood, you know, and it's got to be incredibly infuriating for the landlords, who are probably understanding of your position, will also need to, you know, keep keep people in their in their property. So it's you know, it's a very difficult situation. And where are you looking to move to? Have you even thought about it?
Speaker 4: We want to get some more closer to golden yea. So one of the things, and I have got so much, there's so much to share here, but I've one of the things I've seen is that wealth disparity is a precursor to violence. And when the people who run your city import an immense amount of people in a different socioeconomic bracket, violence is inevitable. And for the for the first time ever, And I and just like young me, can't even believe I'm saying anything like this is I need my family and my family we need to be at a place with there is not wealth disparity, because what ends up happening is when you bring in poverty, you import poverty, it makes for a good justification for violence. Oh they stole your jacket, yeah, but they couldn't afford one. Yeah, they hurt and broke into your house, Yeah, but that's because they don't have one. So once you end up in a situation where you have really good reasons for really bad things, it gets really hard because and we've I think felt this just more generally over the past at least four or or more years, where it's like just saying common sense things can get you attacked, like hey, maybe we shouldn't be like stealing things from little girls.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But then when the response is, yeah, but those people have nothing, you start this debate of justifying aggression, violence and theft.
Speaker 7: And and so I actually think I might.
Speaker 4: I kind of think the situation Denver is in is really interesting because the people that run Denver, no doubt have a good reason, noble purpose for everything they're doing. Unfortunately, my family and my family safety is the sacrifice, and I believe they believe it is a worthy sacrifice. It's okay if a middle income, middle American family has to run because we were able to house x amount of people or feed y amount of people. And there's this false dichotomy that I think a lot of people, especially I would describe as the political class, get themselves in where they think that the sacrifice of the average citizen is a worthy sacrifice. So it's like, I don't even know. I don't think that they don't know. Well, I think they just see it and go, yeah, but you've had a great life, so let me give someone who needs it more.
Speaker 5: Let me give you a little more perspective from perhaps further down the right side of the aisle, just to give you a little bit of this. I think you're absolutely right that people are justifying criminal behavior because of the circumstances of the people that are committing it. However, most of the time those people are not being impacted on a daily basis they themselves, and I would say that my frustration with the City of Denver. First of all, I think they're pursuing some measures that are short term effective at one thing, long term failures and others when we're talking about housing, people living on the streets and things of that nature, I would do all this differently, just to get that out there. But that being said, you're right, their intentions are very very good. Their intentions are that they want to prove that we are a welcoming city, we are a welcoming country. But they do so because they're not living with the daily impacts that you and your family are living with. And that's the frustration and the disconnect, and that is what Denver rights across the spectrum who are dealing with this need to be emboldened and say we too are compassionate. Nobody wants a family to starve, nobody wants a family to suffer. You can look at some of these people coming across the border with little children and your heart breaks. But you also have to enforce the rule of law because those people are being victimized too. Right, it's not just white middle class Americans. We've seen what's happened in these apartment complexes. We're the same people that we're supposed to feel sorry for are the ones being victimized. So we have to get back to establishing the rule of law and order so we can have a society that is capable of supporting the people that need our help. Because what happens is the schism starts to happen, where normally people who wo at one hundred percent say this is great, we're compassionate, we want these people here. Then go, but wait a minute, my daughter's scooter just got stolen. So your heart starts to turn, your heart starts to harden, and that in the long run becomes a huge problem for the very people that we're here to help. So to your point, I think you're totally right. You're absolutely right that there are justifications being made for this criminal activity, whether it is they're addicted, its mental illness, so they can't help it, great, then we need to help them. We need to help these people. We need to do this, but we need to do it in a way that doesn't sacrifice our own safety as a community. And I think that's kind of what you just said in a different perspective. So you know, so what are you what are you looking to do now? You said you want to move closer to golden but that ultimately doesn't necessarily solve the problem. Did you put this why did you put this letter out? Let me ask that question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think well so, I think there's a part of me that is hopelessly optimistic, and I've seen that in the process of solving a problem, it has to start with discussions, and.
Speaker 7: So let's talk. And I think the problem is a major problem, is that.
Speaker 4: There's no way to talk about this without being embroiled in the ideological battle of our time. Agree And so what happens is I am I would say if anybody very apolitical, I actually haven't even voted since Obama the first time.
Speaker 7: I have a lot of reasons for why that was my I'm out of this moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of people feel that way sometimes. Yeah, but you know, does this inspire you to pay more attention at least at the local level. And this is something I talk about on the show, Like I could talk about federal elections all day every day, But the reality is the people we put on the city council, the people we put on the school board, the people we put in these boards and commissions at the local level have far more impact on your day to day life than anybody at the federal level. You know. It's like the people whoever's president is going to have way less impact on you as a citizen of Denver than the Denver City Council or or the Denver Police Department, like finding out what's going on there. So I'm really glad and I hope that this inspires you to be a little more engaged because you're great at presenting what's going on in a way that I think a lot of people would go, Yeah, that's pretty damn accurate. That's what's happening in our communities and we don't know what to do about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I will say we give a little like a little framing as a thought experiment because it'll really capture what I'm facing when I talk when I speak about this stuff.
Speaker 7: So, okay, imagine this.
Speaker 4: Imagine we went to a time machine, we jump back three four hundred years into the UK, and the ideological battle the time was Protestants and Catholics. So imagine we go and we talked to someone and and they ask us, well, do you think that a married couple.
Speaker 7: Should be allowed to get a divorce? And we would say yeah, and they would respond.
Speaker 5: With what are you Protestant?
Speaker 4: And It's like, well, no, no, no, I'm a time traveler from the future who's not captured by the ideological battle of your time. Okay, so fast forward to today. I say things and someone says, what are you a Republican or what are you a Democrat? And I go, no, it might be best to think of me as a time traveler from the future who is not captured by the ideological battle of our times.
Speaker 7: I do not care what your belief system is.
Speaker 4: I care that like I'm having to get a concealed carry license now, and that I'm not the only dad in a group of fathers that I hang out with now and again, talking about the armed defense of our family. Yeah, and so I can't speak about this without being called the amount of times that's something a Republican would say, What.
Speaker 7: What does it have to do with anything?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I would say, it just kills the conversation because once I'm an out group, I can be branded and villainized, and then there is no conversation to be at.
Speaker 5: Taylor's Yeah, Taylor Romero is my guest. I would strongly urge you to go look at his letter to his landlord about why he wants to move out of the Highlands after living there for almost a decade. Taylor, I think you are great at this conversation. I'm so happy I reached out to you, because again, I just want to empower people to feel like they can say things are not okay and we need to fix it. Things are not okay, and this is you know, we need to make Denver great again. That's what I said on the blog. Let's make Denver great again, because I think the health of Denver is so critical to the overall health of the state of Colorado that no matter where you live, you should be rooting for Denver. You really, truly should be rooting for Denver and Taylor, I appreciate you coming on the show, and as a conceal carry permit holder myself, two pieces of advice. Inside the house. You want a shotgun for home defense, very forgiving. Won't go through the walls, won't hurt anybody. You don't intend, and it's hard to miss. But practice practice practice. If you get your concealed carry permit, do not be one of those people well that gets it and never goes to the range. Again, just practice, practice, practice, Taylor, I appreciate your time today.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Mandy, thank you so much. It just does give me hope. We'll see.
Speaker 4: I'll know we're on a good path when any of the mainstream media and Denvers having this conversation.
Speaker 5: We shall see. Hopefully they'll call you soon, Taylor, Taylor Ramiro, thanks for your time, man, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Mandy talks soon, all right.
Speaker 5: That is just saw that today on the interwebs. The responses on the blog are very funny to me. Many of you are saying, Hey, this guy's great, and then other guys are saying, this guy's more on, And that's kind of what he was actually just talking about there at the end the man who blew up a Tesla cybertruck in Las Vegas. And he is an Army green beret, And the Army says that he had served in the Army since two thousand and six, rising through the ranks with a long career of overseas assignments, deploying twice to Afghanistan, serving in Ukraine, Tajikistan, Georgia, and the Congo. Not exactly your prime stations to be stationed, if you know, if you want a cushy military life. He was awarded two Bronze Stars, including one with a Valor device for Courage under fire, a Combat Infantry Badge, and an Army Commendation Medaled with Valor. He was on approved leave. Now it's the way this is written, and this is on nine News, and I don't know if it is I'm seeing. Oh, okay, it's an ap article. That's why listen to the way this is written. He was on approved leave when he died. According to the statement. When he died, it makes it sound like he just, you know, had a heart attack and dropped to no he blew First of all, he shot himself. They believe he shot himself before he tried to blow up the test cyber truck. But here you got a guy who's a Green Beret and he fills the truck with fireworks and gas canisters. I'm doesn't that seem odd? I mean, wouldn't it be able to put something a little more sophisticated together. And it's not like you didn't have time to think about it. He drove from Colorado from Denver to Las Vegas. They know this because of where he stopped on charging stations to recharge the cyber truck. Just that's weird. That's really weird. Maybe we'll have some more clarity about his state of mind. I don't know, I do not know. We also have another story on the blog today that is not great news. This story broke over the holiday period, so it kind of got swept to the side for a moment. But chief of staff, former chief of schools, excuse me, David Weiss for Jeff Co's Schools is now apparently committed suicide in Maryland. He was fired in early December because he was being investigated in first do youf CO Public Schools was being very tight lipped, But then I don't know where this came out. I don't know if it's been confirmed, but he was being investigated for the purchase of child pornography and on Christmas break he was visiting family and his body has been found. They're investigating, they don't know, they're guessing. I guess so far that it's suicide, but we don't know for sure. This is a really scary story. Anytime you have someone who works in the school district who is a pedophile, that's really frightening. Where else did this guy work? I mean, he was an administration so it's not like he had daily access to children, But did he before? Did he just drop out of the sky and work in central Command or did he have access to kids before. That's really really scary for parents who may have had kids who went to those schools. So that story has come to a partial conclusion. There will be no trial, but jeff Co is continuing to investigate. The Jeff Co Sheriff's Office says they are continuing to investigate these allegations. I'm assuming that they too have the same concerns that I do, that there may be victims out there who have not been identified yet, and this is just ugh. The more we talk about pedophiles, it seems like, the more there are. And I'm not saying or you know, planting seeds, because that's ridiculous. But dang, I'm glad that my daughter is fifteen and mouthy as hell and that you know, I don't think someone could convince her to keep that kind of secret anymore. And then when the little kids are little kids and relatively easy to manipul late, But dang, that story is is not not good news, Mandy. He was with kids for eight years for as a principal. That is exactly what I'm talking about, Mandy. Someone needs to check the bank account of this Green Beret and then follow the money. We'll find out more or we won't. You know, when the FBI came out yesterday, the FBI was a disaster. Yesterday, the FBI comes out first in New Orleans. We don't think this guy worked alone. Well crap, now everybody's like what. Then they're getting out No, no, no, we were just kidding. We were just kidding. We were kidding. We're totally kidding. And then they're like, we don't think it was an active terror. The dude had an ISIS flag hanging off the back of his truck. Now, whether or not he was motivated by that, or he had been thrown or continued a deep depression and mental break because of a divorce he went through. Apparently, someone said on X, I don't know if it's true or not. I mean, apparently he was a divorced man as well, and someone commented on X, well, let's talk about what divorce does to men. Divorce is devastating, even if you're the one who wants the divorce, it's a devastating thing to go through. But if the reason you got divorced was because you were not doing well mentally, it's only going to be exacerbating what's already going on. So I don't know that that is going to make difference and make a difference, Mandy. Perhaps he use those explosive devices to avoid attracting attention. Anything is possible, Mandy. This is why you need to go to your school board meetings and pay attention. Pedophiles have been in the schools forever. They don't share information from district to district, and that's why we can't get rid of it. You know, a lot of people like to point at clergy as being the main perpetrators of preying on children, but the reality is is that school districts across country, to this texture's point, deal with more accusations of sexual impropriety than you would even possibly imagine. And they range from inappropriate text messages to inappropriate comments to sexual relationships with students. So it's all over the place, completely all over the place. But I agree, I don't know if going to the school board meetings is going to change that. But if enough parents advocated for some kind of nationwide reporting system like we have for police police, if police get fired from for cause, if police get fired for cause, they should go into a national database that says this is a bad cop. They should be prevented from working in law enforcement after that period. And I don't mean, I don't know why someone would get fired, but if it was speeding tickets or something stupid like that, I mean, that's one thing. But if you have felonious police office or people suspected of criminal activity or any of those things, you should just be blackballed. Teachers is the same way.
Speaker 2: Lol.
Speaker 5: That's because the clergy got caught. Yes, indeedy they did get caught Mandy. I'm surprised the AP didn't start the article thanking him for his service. Yeah, yeah, maybe he used fireworks and gas because the C four store was closed. You guys, no offense. But my brother, when he was like ten years old, figured out how to build a bomb, not like a nuclear weapon, but an explosive device large enough to blow a massive hole in our backyard. Surely a Green Beret can cobble together some stuff himself, just saying. Maybe. The point, says this text in Las Vegas was to make the cyber truck burn so as to damage Tesla's reputation and therefore also injure Elon Musk's reputation. The location at the Trump Hotel was not coincidental. In my opinion, I think you are one hundred percent right. I think if you were going to make assumptions about this and the motivation here, this is definitely feels politically motivated. And it definitely felt to me like this guy wasn't looking to kill a bunch of people. He was just looking to make a statement as he took himself out, which is so sad. It's so sad that he decided that life was not worth living anymore, and it's even sadder that he decided to do something so dramatic that could have really hurt other people. And as for damaging Elon Musk's reputation, authorities are now saying that because of the design of the cyber truck, it contained the explosion and drove any explosion up instead of out, and it didn't even break the windows on the Trump hotel. But I think assuming there is a political motive here is pretty I mean, it's logical, right, A cyber truck in front of the Trump Hotel, Yeah, that's pretty logical. And this textor said Mandy, the Vegas cyber truck guy obviously didn't want to cause much damage. He didn't like Trump or Elon and wanted to go out with a bang. Maybe, so I guess you're right. So yeah, just making the point about that this text, this kind of text breaks my heart about what we were just talking about about the Jeffco School's Chief of Schools. This texter said, Mandy, I was abused by a teacher for six years because he showed me attention. And I wish I could tell you I didn't know anybody that was in that same situation, but I have three female friends that were abused by teachers when they were in high school, and I say abused, and don't give me that they knew what they were doing. No, they didn't. When a person in a physician of authority comes on to you sexually when you are a child, it is not the child's responsibility. And the three women that I know have had varying degrees of difficulty with that going forward. Not my story to tell, so I'm not going to go on about that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Got a bunch of other stuff on the blog today, and we've got to talk about psychedelics. We'll do this on the other side of this break. Psychedelics in Colorado are now legal in certain circumstances, and one of those circumstances is therapeutic. As a matter of fact, A rod I got a list of people we got to get on the show about this. We've got to get people on the show that know what they're doing. I think I sent you an email, didn't I did I send you an email? No, Man, you didn't look back when you're on vacation. I check emails on wait what No, Because there is a Center for Psychedelics Study at CU Boulder, I believe or CSU. I can't remember which one, but it's already kind of creating a little bit of a kerfuffle. And the reason I'm bringing it up is twofold number one. I believe that there are people who can be tremendously helped with a combination of psychedelic therapy and actual behavioral therapy. Combination of there are certain things that should go together. I read a bunch of studies over the break about this about psychedelic therapy. Where we are what we know about it, what we don't know about it, what studies to date have shown, and what studies to date have not shown. And one of the things that studies of using psychedelics like mushrooms in order to help and assist people struggling with post traumatic stress or some other difficulty is that there is instant or immediate relief for many people after the quote treatment session or the trip. I mean, let's call it what it is. It's a trip, right, and there is immediate relief after that. But if they do not engage in some kind of behavioral therapy at that point going forward, that relief it ebbs over time. So what we're looking at this is as a tool to be used with therapy and with therapeutic actions and not just say, you know what, I'm gonna go trip and get over my stuff. That's not how it works. It may work on the short term, but if you want it to work long term, you've got to combine all of these things. And so therefore I am very pro adults having access to this stuff in order to get relief from their post traumatic stress. However, and he had to know there was a how over there. As the mom of a teenager, we've already seen one young man in Boulder get a hold of psilocybin mushrooms and decide to climb up a construction crane, where he fell to his death while he was tripping. We have to do a better job talking to our kids about the damage perceived or otherwise of psychedelics on developing brains. One of the issue I have with our pharmacological culture that we have is that we've taught young people that there's a pill for everything, right, and we're giving kids too much psychotropic medication in my view. Now, there are kids who have such severe ADHD and severe add that they really can't function without some kind of medication. But then we have a whole bunch of other kids who are medicated for those things when frankly, a change in diet, better exercise, and better sleep could probably solve the problem just as well. And we're teaching kids that if you have a problem, there's a drug for it, without knowing what exactly we're doing by interfering with the development of those brain patterns. During that time from like fourteen to twenty four, there's a tremendous amount of brain development that goes on, and I'm just concerned that we don't know the long term effects of what we're doing to these kids now. So much as I'm against childhood, you know, physical transitioning, I am also against over medication of kids. But we'll see how this psychedelic business works. It's already created a bit of a kerfuffle in the springs. I'm willing to hopefully allow the therapeutic aspects to be explored while really making sure that we're doing a great job talking to kids about the downside and not using it recreationally.
Speaker 1: The Mandy Connell Show is sponsored by Belle and Pollock accident and injury lawyers.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's Mandy Connell.
Speaker 3: And Tonnema, Got.
Speaker 6: Sad and the nicety.
Speaker 3: Andy Connal keeping no sad thing.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the third hour of the show. If you've missed any of the show, including our interview with a guy named Taylor Romero, who I saw on X this morning writing a very interesting letter to his landlord to leave the house he has lived in for almost a decade in the Highlands because of the amount of crime and drug addicts and then the fact that it's just not safe anymore. You may want to check that interview out by going to the iHeartRadio app because it's on there. A Rod does a great job getting these interviews up, and if you ever miss anything on the show, you can get the podcast there, and you can even get the individual interviews kind of chopped up so you can share them. And that was a very interesting one because I don't think Taylor and I he said he was not a political person, but I think the politics that he does have probably lean left, and it was a good conversation. I was very happy about that, speaking about a Democrat's leaning left. Phil Wiser has jumped in the governor's race officially. Now, was it right before break that poll came out of Democratic contenders. I think it was right before and maybe it was while I was on break and Phil Wiser was like in fourth place behind Jenna Griswold. What a nightmare that would be, Joe no Goose And Ken Salazar was in the mix there too, so he was not polling very high. And you know AG stands for aspiring governor, right, I mean, you know that, right, that's why you become attorney general, because you're gonna run for governor. We can have worse Democrats than Phil Wiser as governor of the state of Colorado. I don't know who on the Republican side could win a statewide race right this second. I don't know. My fear is that the current leadership of the Republican Party will try to elevate Dave Williams into that role, and we're gonna have to remind him he couldn't even win a primary in a very Republican area, let alone the whole state. I don't know. I mean, I wonder, do you guys know somebody in the Republican side that you'd like to see run for governor. I'd like to know. I'm very curious about that. I mean, what I'm hoping for right now is that a top notch independent shows up and talks about safety, and talks about housing affordability in a way that makes sense to people, and talks about crime and drug addiction in a way that makes sense to people who are, like our guest tailor in the last hour, kind of overwhelmed by what's happened to the city of Denver. Because if you don't win the Front Range, if you don't win Denver and Boulder and the Springs, you're not gonna win the governorship. And I'm just not sure that the Republican brand is at a point in Colorado where they would stand remotely a chance of winning the governor's race. So I don't know. The North Side Highlands have always been like that. It's not something new. Well, they've lived there for almost a decade. So here's the thing. It's like when you live in any big city, right, when you live in any big city, and I'm gonna use New York City as an example. New York City, they have these shifts in neighborhoods. Just a little bit. Now they have firm grid systems, so you know which neighborhood you're in when you're there. But what I mean is sometimes a neighborhood that used to be good can start to turn and get sucked into a bad part of the neighborhood. Crime spreads or shifts as police do crackdown somewhere else. And the point of Taylor's letter to his landlord was that it's gotten so much worse. So it might have been bad for a while, but it's got worse, which is really terrible. Mandy, I just posted the ex post about crime in Denver on Reddit. The amount of people that just said deal with it is sad. I'm afraid our age that doesn't believe in enforcing the laws will be our next governor. Let me just tell you this about politicians. And this is not a statement about Philweiser at all. This has nothing to do with the man Phil Wiser. It is about politicians. If enough Denver Rights come forward and say we are done with the crime, we are done and making excuses for people who are committing the crimes, we are done. We want to be able to walk down the street safely. We want to be able to park our car without the possibility of it being broken into or even stolen. If enough Denver Rights stand up and say that, you will see Phil Wiser get tough on crime because politicians are not stupid. They may act stupidly on occasion, but their goal. Never forget. The politician's goal is to get re elected or to get elected to the next office in their little chain of political career. That's their goal. So if people start saying, look, we're not mad at them, but we're tired of being victimized. We're not mad at the drug addicts, but we don't want them in our yard anymore. We need something to be taken care of here because we're sick of it and we don't want our children at parks with needles, then all of a sudden you will see the Democratic Party get tough on crime. All he takes is an uprising from the people. It's one of the reasons I had Taylor on the show. I went in bolden other people who are thinking, oh my god, I'm gonna have to move, I'm gonna have to sell my property. So Mandy, I would love to see John Suthers run for governor. I don't know, I mean, maybe, hey, Mandy, you should try getting former Bronco QB and ASU Jake Plummer, as he's a mushroom farmer in northern Colorado Jake was also a teammate of Pat Tillman. Thanks that from Kevin. But he's a purveyor of like food mushrooms. He doesn't grow psychedelic mushrooms. To my knowledge, I still love to have him on the show. Let's get him on talking about you Lewis all the time. Well, I would love to tell him to bring in some mushrooms because I love mushrooms and I would love to take some of his fancy mushrooms and cook with them. Corey Gardner, I you know, I don't know that Corey is particularly interested in jumping back into political realm until his kids are a little older. I don't know, Mandy. George Brockler would make a perfect governor. I think I would love to see George run for governor again. I would love But he just got the new twenty third DA district, so I don't know if he's I don't know. I love George. I think he's a great communicator of good solutions. The only knock I have on George as a candidate is that he's so laser focused on crime and that situation that sometimes I feel like that is too much Like if you understand that I think that the right kind of candidate has to be able to talk about everything with everybody, and with George's just huge depth of experience when it comes to crime and stuff like that, I think he gets kind of pigeonholed into that, and he's not great at unpigeonholding himself. So we'll see. But I would be on board with with George Brockler for sure. Mandy Tina Peters for governor. I don't think she's gonna be able to do as many campaign events as she would need to from prison. So yeah, yeah, A lot of you are saying George Brockler Joe Oday. I really like Joe too. I think Joe's a great, great option. So this Texter kind of funny. Hearing the Liberals say, get these poor people out of my neighborhood made my day. Son exactly what he said, not exactly, not even a little bit. When we get back, ranchers want their money. Comedian Whitney Cummings took out the Democratic Party on New Year's Eve and a different kind of egg story. All of that coming up in the next few minutes. No not me for governor, No, no Texter, no, no, no Mandy for Governor Mandy. How about Mike Coffin, that would be another great choice. Oh well, he did. Somebody said Jake Plumber does grow medicinal shrooms. Grant interviewed him. Great, have him bring some of those two. We'll test him out on the show. It'll be fun. Colorado ranchers are gonna bankrupt the wolf Depredation Fund. Now. I'm not mad at Colorado ranchers. As a matter of fact, I'm glad they're doing it. Colorado gave the Wolf Depredation Compensation Fund, which is the fund that Colorado ranchers can tap into when a wolf eats one of their livestock at the end of last year's end of last year before the end of the year deadline, three producers have submitted claims with a price tag totaling five hundred and eighty two thousand dollars. The problem is that the Wolf Depredation Compensation Fund only received three hundred and fifty thousand dollars in the twenty twenty four twenty t twenty five budget. Since wolves were reintroduced in Colorado and December of twenty twenty three, there have been seventeen confirmed cases of wolf depredations across Jackson, Route and Grand Counties. In Only four of those cases were claims submitted through the state's Wolf Depredation Compensation Fund, and those claims were small. I don't know why these claims are so big. I'm assuming that they include payment for non lethal means of protecting their flock. I mean I would pass those along to the state, wouldn't you. If the state changes the rules against your will and puts your stock at risk, then yeah, I think you should be able to do this. I got to tell you, this is the least surprising story of the year. Did I mean, did they really think that that ranchers were just going to be like, you know what, it's fine, it's fine, eat all of my sheep, or are my cows or it's fine. No, that's not what they're gonna do. And they're working diligently to bring more wolves to Colorado. Something has been rankling me about that for the last few days. I saw and I looked forward this morning and I could not find it. So maybe I'm misremembering. If I'm misremembering, feel free to correct me by texting the Common Spirit Health text line at five sixty six nine zero. But I saw a quote where Governor Polis and I'm pretty sure it was when he was speaking to the group of the counties, the county whatever, where all the county leaders were there, and he said something along the lines of, Hey, it's the will of the people, right, we just got to follow the will of the people. And I've been here long enough to remember that time when the people voted down all of these ballot initiatives they had to do with a whole bunch of stuff, from oil and gas setbacks to a bunch of other things that we just said, no, we don't want to do that, and then the Democratic legislature passed them all anyway. And you know who did give a rats ass about the will of the people when he signed all those bills into law. That would be the same governor who's married to the animal rights activists, who is now hiding behind the will of the people instead of doing what's right for the people of Colorado. The only time I want him, you know, to actually go against the will of the people, he's like, nope, sorry, nope, nope, nope, nope. So yeah, yeah, Mandy, do you think the current Colorado GOP will allow anyone with common sense to run. Yeah yeah, this Texter, Hi, Mandy. Next up, grizzly bears. Okay, I just saw something on Twitter that had the map of traditional grizzly bear territory and it's all of Colorado apparently used to have grizzly bears here. I don't need those back. I'm good. Isn't it funny that the only sorts of predator animals that we want to support our animals, we don't ever say, you know what, we need to protect human predators. You know what, there's a town over there with not one criminal predator in it. We need to reintroduce a criminal predator back into balance of nature. I know I'm being sarcastic. I know, completely sarcastic, Mandy. Those counties border Wyoming shot the damn wolves, dumped them north of the border. Trust me. I have spoken to people who are ranching, who have suggested such a thing, although I don't know if any of them have actually done such a thing. One more law that went into effect today that I want to get to right now. Starting yesterday, if you make a donation of an egg or sperm, you are no longer guaranteed anonymity in Colorado, bill takes effect in January first, it took effect yesterday. According to the law, the interests of someone conceived from a donor must be considered and they should have access to personal and family medical history of the donor. However, the donor's name and identifying information will be kept private until the donor conceived person turns eighteen. According to the law. The law also places a limit on the number of families a donor can give to to make it easier for the donor conceived person to get in touch with any siblings as well. Does anybody else feel like this could be a recipe before disaster? I mean, I cannot tell you in the last like ten years, how many people that I personally know who have either had a child pop up out of nowhere that they didn't know they had, not from sperm or egg donation, just from a wild night out, if you know what I mean. Or I now know several people who have given a child up for adoption for very good reasons, only to have that child find them later when they are grown. And some people are overjoyed to have that opportunity to reconnect and have a relationship, but not everyone is. Not everyone is This is a very sticky wicket, and Colorado was the first state in the country to pass the law taking away the anonymity of donors, which makes me wonder, is it going to get harder for people who need this in order to have a child. We shall find out. Let me see here, Mandy, I have seven boys and was living happily ever after, and a few years ago found out I also had at the time sixteen year old twin boys in Montana. I'm telling you, guys, that stuff happens more than you can possibly imagine, tons and tons of stuff. Okay, I got some stuff on the blog today that is directly related to the start of the new year. Did you make any resolutions? Did you do any goals setting? Did you do any of that stuff? You can do a vision board this.
Speaker 6: Year, not not visually on a vision board, but I always have a cop out.
Speaker 5: Just continue to lose weight and keep it off, which is great. And then the other one.
Speaker 6: I told Devra Flora on this show the other day, what the hell was it?
Speaker 5: Because travel was last year. I don't remember. There was a second one. I don't remember what it is. Dang it save money? I think maybe I don't know maybe yeah, I don't do resolutions. They feel too dictatorial, if that makes sense, Like I resolved to do this thing, and then when you fail, it almost feels like a bigger failure. So have I just set goals? Like, Okay, I set goals last year, I achieved one of my goals. I did not achieve the other four. So those who have been rolled over, But I have an article on the blog today about if you do make resolutions or you want to make changes, there's a way to do that, and it's it's very simple, and it's so simple it seems stupid. Instead of saying I want to stay in shape and lose weight, although I'm not knocking yours, I'm just using because that is by far the most common, is to get in shape, you know, exercise more. Instead of making kind of a nebulous I resolve to exercise or get in better shape. You have to focus on the little pieces of that. And this is one of the things Michelle Zelner always talks about. Instead of saying I want to get down to be a size too, she says, I'm going to focus on adding healthy foods to my diet. I'm going to focus on getting a thirty minute walk every day. You make it something very specific, something attainable, And let me just say this, if you're not exercising at all right now, I've also got a video on the blog about how doctors are now starting to believe that exercise is the medication that we're not using right and that exercise is the most critical part of aging in a healthy way. Just truly, it really truly is. So if you don't exercise at all, don't say, you know what, I'm going to go to the gym five days a week. That's stupid and setting yourself up for failure. I have a friend who started working out by doing the following. She did not say I was going to work out every day. Her goal was I am going to put on my workout clothes every single day, because once she put on her workout clothes, it was kind of stupid to then go sit on the couch, although I think we've all sat on the couch and yoga pants a little too long. But that was her goal. She said, I'm just going to get into my exercise clothes every single day, and that helped her start going to the gym on a regular basis because she focused on the habit, not the goal. So Mandy Clack is ticking a rod. When are you having kids? Trust me, they will be populating the earth as soon as possible. They got plans, they got stuff. Don't worry about it. I'm trying to okay. Guys, when you just send a random comment, I have no idea what you're talking about. Mandy. A friend found half brother and half sister through ancestry dot com. Apparently his dad sold lots of wild oats while he was a traveling salesman. That would be weird. That's one of those things that forces you to recognize that your parents are just human. Right. We started off the show talking about when you put your faith one hundred percent in a human being, you are inevitably going to be let down because human beings are fallible. We do dumb stuff, We make bad choices, we make bad decisions, and that would be one where you'd have to be like what I guess dad wasn't quite the guy I thought he was, Or maybe he was, Mandy. I feel a little like George Costanza. I'm doing the opposite for my resolutions. I'm gonna smoke more, drink more, eat more, and sit on my ass and by the end of twenty twenty five, you're gonna be like, I have got to lose some weight because I don't have a chair big enough after doing all that stuff, Mandy, what do you mean I'm not in shape? Pairs shape that from the Illinois farm boy. Mandy made reservations for my wife and I to hike the West Highland Way in Scotland one hundred miles in eight days. Now that is a goal. You better be. You better be walking. Your little took us off before you get there. You better train, Mandy. After my congestive heart failure diagnosis, I started swimming again two miles a day and I've lost twenty pounds. My blood sugar A one C is below pre diabetic levels, and they lowered my blood pressure medications. So yes, exercise is so important and it truly truly is, and I think it's never too late to start. It's just you have to you know, you have to be committed and you have to decide it's okay. This person said Mom never exercised and hated that's but had strong genetics. All siblings lived into the nineties and Mom lived to be ninety eight. I wish that I was that lucky, Mandy. I resolved to not change my behavior based on a date in the Gregorian calendar. I get that, I really do. But there's something nice about the end of the year, and you can say, you know what, all that cheese and potatoes and stuff I ate over the holidays, we're gonna leave that in twenty twenty four. We're gonna go back to our healthy eating. In January, We're we're gonna set new intentions because it's the beginning of the year. I mean, it's in natural and natural beginning, Mandy. Our goal for twenty twenty five is to have our house built in South Carolina and get out of Colorado. Thanks Mike, Well, Mike, you know you can listen on the delightful iHeartRadio app, which has been completely revamped. By the way, it's so much now. See, I think younger people are not gonna get why it's so much better, because it is. The functionality of it now functions much like a radio in your car. Like you can set your presets and you can just go right to those things without a bunch of rigger role. You can set your preset to the Mandy Connell Show, and you don't have to go through a bunch of riga role to find me. So when you get to South Carolina you can go ahead and keep listening. Mandy Howbey got contacted by a sibling in England from World War Two. Wow. Can you even imagine thirty years ago, shortly after my dad died, I was contacted by my quote half sister, who in fact turned out not to be What an emotional roller coaster that must have been, Mandy, I only listen on and off. Well, what's wrong with you, Texter? But I just heard the comment about finding relatives on ancestry dot com. I just found out that all my siblings are only half ziblings and of my daughter and of my daughter is not my daughter? What of my daughter is not? You gotta clarify that, Texter. Andy. Just glad to have you back on the air for the hot takes on current events Love the Family Show on December thirty first. By the way, this was the first time I ever had the whole family on the show. Last year's goal was to eat less halapinos. This year is to eat more of them. You know what consistency is key, That's consistency, ladies and gentlemen. I don't know. I try not to. Just I've got some things I want to accomplish this year. That's the way I look at it, and it's time to pooper, get off the pot. That's kind of where I am at this stage in life. I've always been really good at setting a goal and then pursuing it pretty relentlessly. But I'm not gonna lie. I'm very happy in my life right now. I love doing the show, I love the people I work with, I'm having fun, I'm married to someone. I genuinely have the best time in my life with my daughter's doing great. Like life is so good that I'm kind of complacent. I'm not lazy, but I'm definitely happy.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's better to struggle to think of the New Year's resolutions because you're like, well, why did I wait to do these things I really want to do?
Speaker 5: Well? I really need to change. I think that when you are in terms of pursuing a goal, when you're hungry, and I don't mean physically hungry, I mean hungry when you want when you have a set of things that you want to accomplish. When you set out with a set of you know, ideas that you want to push forward. It's easy to stay on task and to grind and to get all those things done because you have a goal and you want to get you you want to elevate your life. My life is really great. Same, so it's kind of like, eh, you know, I'm not as hungry as I once was. When I was a fledgling talk show host trying to prove myself. I was talking to a friend of mine about dressing for radio and she the comment she was kidding. She was like, oh my god, that must be great to just be able to wear whatever you want to work. And I was like, you know what, some people in radio that I've worked with throughout my career, they will come to work dress like a homeless person. I have never been that person, because as a woman in talk radio, I always felt like I had to prove myself. I had to be more professional, I had to be more serious. I had to be better than the guys showing up wearing shorts with a giant hole in the side. And I often have cameras in here. Well. Now, back when I started, that was not even the thing. We didn't have to worry about it. But even when it didn't matter. I've always tried to come to work looking nice, looking professional, and looking better than everybody else because I think that, you know, when you're in a highly competitive field and you need to differentiate yourself, you've got to do all the things, and dressing nicely and looking professional is is all the things.
Speaker 6: I completely agree, and that's what I definitely found the most professional yet most comfortable joggers that I could find.
Speaker 5: Bad Ayrod when I say, I have worked with a man who used to come to work with a giant hole like like there was he was. They were cargo shorts, but then the pocket just got ripped off, so imagine the size of a cargo pocket size hole. And he would come to work wearing those. And he wasn't like to start the trend. He was, but he was not like a He was not a maiden talk show host. He was kind of like a guy who did a lot of fill in work. And I'm thinking to myself, you're trying to get your own show, and you can't even wear pants without a giant And he had pants without a giant hole in him because they wore those on occasion. That's baffling to me, and I think part of it is people are like, this is just who I am, and I'm just gonna be who I am, and I'm gonna make it anyway. You're just making it a million times harder on yourself than it needs to be. Uh this textter said Mandy. A long while back, I had a girl contact me on Facebook stating that she was my daughter from when I was stationed in Germany. Her birthday was approximately ten and a half months after I left Germany, which made it impossible, but her mother kept pushing the issue. Kind of broke my heart to have her have to let her down like that. But the truth is the truth. Amen, Amen to that, Mandy. My new year's resolution is to read more and learn more, exercise, be more social, and be more compassionate. Ultimately be a better version of myself than last year. Those are all fantastic lofty goals, and I want you to succeed, So I'm going to ask you to put those into actionable things. How are you going to be more compassionate? What does that look like? What is that measurable metric for you? Because lofty goals are great, but if you don't have an idea of how that's going to be in practice, then you're really setting yourself up to fail. I mean, I've been working for three years now and being less judgmental when I started thinking about and we talked about this in the first hour, so if you missed it, please go check out the podcast. We talked about the attacks in Las Vegas and New Orleans, and I really tried to look at it from the perspective of I cannot judge these men. That's not my job or my responsibility. My role here is to try and figure out what in the world would have made two men who at some point had a servant's heart to the level that they joined the military, what would make them turn into people who would kill themselves and blow a truck up at Trump Hotel in Vegas or race a truck through a crowded street in order to kill people. And you can judge the action, I guess, although I try to just remain agnostic on all that stuff. Obviously the action is horrific. It's a horrible thing. People lost their lives. We shall see, we shall see. Hey, Mandy good Show Today says this text to disagree with one thing you said, What makes you think that a Trump supporter would go out and shoot someone if Trump asked them to. That's so wrong for you to say that. I know a lot of Trump supporters and none of them would do such a thing or enthusiastic Excuse me, we're enthusiastic about Trump, but no one thinks he's a god or a perfect man. It seems that people didn't vote for Trump say really stupid stuff about his supporters. You're spreading lies and fear needlessly. Please don't do that again. That from Leah. That is not what I said. What I said is there is a certain segment of Trump supporters that are that crazy, and I stand by that. I also said I don't know how many Trump supporters are like that, but I also stand by that, I truly do. You had people who made a terrible choice to storm the Capitol on January sixth, walking around saying they were gonna hang Mike Pence. You don't think those people could be convinced to go further and to go into violence. Now, not all the people that walk to the Capitol, of course, just like I never said all Trump supporter never said anything remotely like that. The problem is is that avid Trump supporters are so hyper sensitive to any criticism of part of their flock that they interpret it to me and as I'm talking about them, and that's not at all what I was saying, and that's not at all what I said. So if it struck you that way and you felt personally attacked, I'm sorry, that was not my intention at all. But there is fringe in every movement, and generally speaking, the fringe is crazy. The fringe is the guy at the Trump golf course laying in wait behind a bush to try and shoot the president. That's the fringe on that side. And the fringe on the other side are the people that smashed doors, not the people that just walked into the Capitol, the people that smashed doors and windows because they were so jacked up over Donald Trump. So, yeah, I did not say that anyway, Mandy. Anyway, Candy just trying to suck less than yesterday. That has been my show motto since I got my show. Somebody said, what do you felt? Ryan Edwards just walked in, right, somebody early in my career. I'm doing an interview. You know, they're interviewing me because I'm new in town or whatever. They're like, how do you what's your philosophy behind your program? And I said, suck less than yesterday? And they were they were really yeah, I mean this is this is happy fun time. We're not curing cancer. We're not gonna fly a rocket ship to the moon, We're not doing any of that. We're doing radio. I think it's a it's a good mindset and nothing else.
Speaker 8: If you don't have that mindset in this industry, make that a new US resolution.
Speaker 5: There you go, there you go, that's yesterday that always have that cardboard box right next to your grass just in case. About it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio of its guy the world of the day. I told shock he was a pale imitation everyone. Oh sure he did great. Where is our dad joke?
Speaker 6: He's got deeper pipes, yes, and looks like the Dan Campbell we found out today.
Speaker 5: Oh I love Dan Campbell. He's so dreamy.
Speaker 8: He's yeah, I am seriously like Roy.
Speaker 5: Arms. Yes, dreamy. Anyway, only go found fourth ten.
Speaker 6: I've decided from January first, I'll only be watching videos in ten eighty p or higher.
Speaker 5: That's my new year's resolution. God, that's terrible, bad, that is awful. Thank you awful for anyway? Okay, what is our word of the day.
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 5: It is a verb verb preponderate. Preponderate, Yeah, doesn't think about something like really, mull something over in your head.
Speaker 6: Two weeks, seed in weight, influence, importance or amount. I need to ponder rate.
Speaker 5: There you go. A terrible does not give a sentence. All right, here we go. What is a mel drop? What is a mel drop? N E L D R O P. I have no idea. I mean it sounds like some kind of cough drop, but obviously.
Speaker 4: That's too.
Speaker 5: Need to know this. Oh yeah, a drop of mucus hanging from someone's nose. Well, when we were at the Christmas markets, it was super cold and it's raining, and somehow I got in the same crowd movement as this elderly gentleman and he had a mel drop, like, honestly, it was a half inch, but it appeared to be frozen. It was so awful, It was so awful. I would, honestly, I want to flick, you know, just like it off, But I didn't. I did, all right. Today's Jeopardy category Happy New Year. Every answer has the word happy.
Speaker 6: From the mind of a McDonald's ad exect this selection a happy name summertime counselors who know wait who Okay, summertime counselors know who is and who Isn't this a phrase popularized?
Speaker 5: What is a happy camper? Correct?
Speaker 6: Oh, my gosh, Ryan's killing tap dancing is cool, very cool? In this two thousand and six Oscar, what is happy fee?
Speaker 5: Correct? Great movie? Great movie.
Speaker 6: This common three word wish literally means I hope you have many more joyous such events.
Speaker 5: Manny, what is have a happy birthday?
Speaker 6: Wrong? Dang it?
Speaker 5: Many happy returns?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Actually what I was thinking of, but totally different words came out of my mouth.
Speaker 6: Definitely, yeah. A good balance or the ghost summoning Madam r R Katie in life spirits. I just go with a good balance and has the way happy in it. A good balance means you.
Speaker 5: Have, Manny, what is a happy meeting? Corect you still lose?
Speaker 6: I think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well played. R. Ryan's nearing territory really really good to see what it is, though, the more you play, the better off you get. It's just it's very easy to I'll get it done in next week. But we say that and then all of a sudden, look at you. Thank you, thank you. What is coming up on the old sports? Coming up?
Speaker 2: We have a lot of fun.
Speaker 8: It's it's Thursday, right before a massive game for the Broncos coming up on Sunday, so we'll obviously get do that.
Speaker 5: We have college football. We got the game going on right now. I know it's not playing. It's too distracting when I'm doing the show. So it is, yeah, I can't. I can't watch a live sport the show. It's not yours. My eyes are drawn to it, like it's like you just you're trying to do something and it's like, oh, look I can't do it.
Speaker 8: I give you a out actually on Tuesday, because well, no, it was it is a positive thing. Oh assume the worst, no, I said. You know, Georgia missing their starting quarterback. FSU was in a similar situation last year and they missed out on the College Football playoff.
Speaker 5: And here's Georgia.
Speaker 8: They sort of strung along the possibility that Carson Beck have even though everybody knew there's no way he was going to play. And then right right after everything was announced, oh Carson Beck is out. Yeah, And I was like, you know what, f S you should be kind of grumpy about this one.
Speaker 5: FSU, Well, that's why they took the year off this year and just why Yeah, they just didn't play this year. It's been fine. I haven't missed it that much. It's been fine, all right. KOA Sports coming up next