Speaker 1: The old time is here. No time to fear. Corilla is so near because show time is here.
Speaker 2: So on with the show.
Speaker 1: Let's give it a go. Carrilla is the one that you need to know. Now is show time.
Speaker 3: All right? In just sixty seconds? The most fabulous I mean, he's really something. The best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, bigly. And he's funny, this guy. Have you heard him? Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere. He's almost here. I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 2: No sign Rome is burning all around us, and we fiddle. We're gonna talk about that today. Also we're gonna go back to the gay thing because I want to find out what you think their end game is here with all of this anti gay this and anti trans that. On today's Carrell.
Speaker 4: Cast, Uncensored, Unfiltered, un Hinged, It's the Corell Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, it is the I'm messing with the microphone again. It is the Crell Cast. I am Carell Happy Hunt Day, Wednesday, May twenty eighth. The month is almost gone, the year is almost half over. Ave, but I am so glad you are joining me today. I just finished a half our hour long interview actually on another podcast about the state of radio, A very interesting conversation about radio and and how it doesn't have to die if we don't want it to. Unfortunately for us, there's a whole generation of people that don't even know what radio really is. So, you know, tims, they are changing. But it's a very interesting conversation. I'll let you know when it posts to this other person's podcast and you can go watch it and see what I had to say about radio. David G. Halls the years were probably burning. Phil Hendry's Everybody's handles, We talked about everybody. All right, I'm seeing some background noise on my meters. I don't know where it's coming from. I hope it's not too bad. And of course you can always tell me in the chatroom at YouTube dot com, forward slash really Carrell, or on TikTok at really Corel or Instagram really Correl, or my website really Correl, or Apple Music or Spotify or any of the thousands of other places you choose to ignore me. I only say that because I worked really hard on the do You Want to Funk? Video and it's been seen by three hundred and four people. I mean, I could have just invited them all over the house to watch it. And I know more than three hundred of you listened to the show. I know that I have the numbers on SoundCloud alone, over five hundred people a day listen to the show just on SoundCloud. You would think I could get those people to go watch the video at YouTube dot com Forward slash Early Correll. I don't know why y'all don't do that. You don't. It's we talked about this. You guys support me, but only to a certain degree. Young people when they like something they supported, you know, full steam ahead. Older people like y'all. Oh, I don't need to go watch this video, Yeah you do. I have begged you guys to comment on the videos YouTube down below. Comment on the videos. Without comments, videos don't get picked up by the algorithm. I have begged you, and I know you're listening. I know you're there, But for some reason, I don't know, Maybe you don't want me to be more famous. Maybe I don't know what, but we should be having twenty thirty, forty fifty comments down below the video, not zero or one or two, because I know you're there. I see the numbers, you know, So it's not equating. It doesn't make sense to me. I'm out here every day giving you a great show, and y'all can't even comment below the video. Okay, I'm out here creating music that is being well received, but y'all can't go watch the video. Okay, you be, You do what you're gonna do. It's all good. I'll keep being me. Hopefully someday it'll all work out all right. By the way, if you want to join the chat live, it's YouTube dot com forward slash really Carrell, Like, right now there's forty people watching, just tuning in, just getting started, and are there forty people in the chat room? No, it's like what is You gotta engage If you want the show to flourish, you have to do more. You got to engage. You got to leave comments down below, you got to come into the chat room. You've got to repost the video like the video, subscribe the same with the audio on Apple music on Spotify whatever, however you listen, you have to engage. You know, Sabile up in Santa Cruz, she has made flyers on her own about my music and my show, and she is posting them all around town. I didn't ask her to do that. I'm not paying her to do that. But she wants to see things succeed, so, you know. Anyway, I only bring this up because I am at a very interesting point after this radio conversation and you know, knocking your head against the wall over and over and over again, you know, and so many people are quitting, you know, Randy Rhodes just quit. You know, I don't know how much longer Stephanie Miller has in her. David Pacman, you know, Tom Hartman seems like his heart's not in it much anymore, you know, So I don't know how much longer Tom Hartman's going to be around. You know, we're losing progressive voices. We're losing voices that are just fun, you know, that people that just want to have fun during a podcast or a radio show. We're losing them because the audience isn't engaging the right Oh my god, Charlie Kirk, if he asked for comments five hundred a peer below his videos. So you know, I'm not cussing you progressives out. I'm just saying that we are in terrible times. I have this article here that I wanted to share with you today. It's called systems are crumbling, but daily life continues. The dissonance is real. And this really touched, really touched me, because it's something that I've been wondering about, like, how are we all just going about our lives when Rome is literally burning around us? You know? And this article addresses that. There's a digital anthropologist rahaf Harfusch Hrfaoush. In January, the comedian Ashley Bez posted an Instagram video of herself trying to describe a heavy mood in the air. How come everything feels all weird? She says, trailing off and grimacing exaggeratingly into the camera. The digital anthropologists saw this, he said, Welcome to the hyper normalization club. Hyper normalization hyper normalization captures the weird, dire atmosphere of the US in twenty twenty five. Hyper Normalization first articulated in two thousand and five by Alexi Yurchak to describe the civilian experience in Soviet Russia. Hypernormalization describes life in a society where two main things are happening. The first is people seeing that the governing systems and institution are woefully broken, and the second is that, for reasons including a lack of effective leadership or an ability inability to imagine how to disrupt the status quo, people carry on with their normal lives despite systematic dysfunction, give or take a heavy load of fear, dread, denial, and disassociation. What you are feeling is the disconnect between seeing that systems are failing and that things aren't working, and yet the institutions and the people in power are ignoring it and pretending everything is going to go on the way that it has and was. Yeah, hypernormalization. They say it's very relevant in the US because of increasing instability of our democratic norms. Yeah, it truly is. Globally once in a lifetime, climate disasters, war, and the linering trauma of COVID continue to unfold, while an explosion of generative AI threatens to destabilize how we think, make a living and relate to each other. Yes, hyper normalization, it's the term that I was searching for and didn't know that I needed because that's what we're doing. What is going on right now in life is not normal. What Donald Trump is doing to America is not normal, nor is it good. I don't care if you're maga. We can disagree on policies. This is not the way. Okay. This morning I sat here watching the Security Council. BBC showed the Security Council Israel Gaza, what a mess, no deal? Still fighting Trump now calling Putin crazy. Another one of Putin's for a former leader of Russia, has said, rumblings of World War three are in the mix. Yeah, And what do we do? We act like it's all normal, Like all of this is normal. We hyper normalize and it's not. So what should we do? Should we worries streams? What should we do? I'll tell you what the article says we should do about hyper normalization. When we reach out, don't forget TikTok, Really Correll, Instagram, Reallycarell, YouTube dot com Forward. Want to support the Corell Cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Corel channel. Just go to YouTube dot com, Forward, slash, really Correll, that's kr e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 4: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was just reading about hypernormalization. It's a ten page article. I'm not going to read it all to you, but it really explains the state of America today, and that is the absurd. It's constantly being thrown at us, and this is why we don't do anything right here? Number two? Where was it? Where's the first page? Well, okay, I've lost it. Number two? Okay. For reasons including a lack of effective leadership or an inability to imagine how to disrupt the status quo. People carry on with their normal life, meaning you don't know what to do. You don't know how do I stop climate change? How do I change the government? How do I stop Trump? How do I get people to see what they're doing is ridiculous? And you feel it's all futile, so you don't do anything. You just default to your normal life. You go, you live your normal life. I am not one of those people, and that bothers some of my friends because I cannot behave like everything is okay when it's not okay. And so here we have this country that is not okay, and we have a lot of events going on that are not okay, and yet we just go about our normal lives, and we shouldn't be. We are on the precipice of a third World war right now. We are on the on the complete precifice precipice of atmospheric collapse. Do you realize growing food is increasingly more and more a problem, that there's going to be empty shells here soon because ay, there's no one to work. The immigrants are now not there, so there's no one to pick the food, plant the food, grow the food because Americans don't do that, and be and no water, and there's record breaking heat. It's going to be one hundred and six in Reno this year. This week they're at forty five hundred feet. It's going to be one hundred and nine in Las Vegas. It's going to be over one hundred in the Bay Area. So every year, every month and every day is getting hotter and hotter. It's not just us that has to adapt to that. Crops have to adapt and they're not crops that used to grow in California are now being wiped out because of the heat. Crops in Vancouver, crops all over the place. What do you think we're going to eat? Where do you think we magically get food from? But we all just go about our lives. Go buy your expensive Tesla, Go get your flat screen TV, Go back to your job of your nine to five. Nothing to see here, and that's what they rely upon. You don't watch the Security Council meeting that just aired. You don't hear how close we are to all kinds of horrible conflicts because of Israel, because Israel won't act right, because they won't stop the genocide, they won't let food get in, and because of Vladimir Putin. One man, I would rather assassinate Vladimir Putin than go to World War three. I would rather Trump order an assassination of Putin than us to go to World War three. I don't want to go to war over one man's ego. And so I ca maintain a normal life with all of this information because I know what's coming. But America and the world is in a state of hyper normalization. They are normalizing things that they should not be normalizing. And where does that end that ends with us being wiped out. That's where it ends. We are the frog and the pot of water, and they are turning up the heat and we're not jumping out of the pot, and we're going to end up paying for that. You know, it's like the gay thing. I've been reading more and more anti gay stories. Gay prides are not funded. You know, trans rides are back in the news again now. The President's trying to fight Gavin Newsom over trans policies in California, and I think to myself, where are they going with this? Like, they're never going to wipe out trans people. They've existed from the beginning of time. They'll exist until there are no more humans. So they're not going to wipe out trans people. They're not going to wipe out gay people. They've never been able to get rid of us. We have always been a part of society in some way. Whether we've been hiding or out front or somewhere in the middle, it doesn't matter. We've always been apart. So what is their endgame there? You know, we're not going back in the closet. That's not going to happen. And that's what they're trying to do. They're trying to force gay pride festivals to end. They're trying to force gay people out of schools, out of jobs, out of corporate America. They're trying to make us invisible and irrelevant. The only problem is we're not going to do it. We're not going back. And so what is their endgame here? Concentration camps? I mean, truly, where does Trump and MAGA think it ends? Because trans people aren't going anywhere, Gay people are not going anywhere. By lesbians, they're not going anywhere. There's nowhere for us to go because we are as much a part of all of this as everybody else where. Do they expect black people to go Mexicans whatever. They act like they can magically erase us all and make it a white, homogenized Christian society. They can't, and they are trying, and corporate America is playing into it. People are actually playing into it like they can, like Target and Walmart actually think that gaze will disappear again if they take the pride merchandise off the shelves. No, we're not going anywhere. So what to what end all of this rules over women, abortion and everything else Where does that end? Do they really want the Handmaid's tail. Again, what do they want? What is their endgame? And when you ask them that and you force them to tell you what their endgame is, it is literally a white, Christian male world. Donald Trump told The Atlantic yesterday he runs the world. And he's not even a girl. Girl who runs the world. Girl. He literally said that, he said he runs the world. That's sad. That's sad that a he thinks it, and be the world kind of goes along with it. It's sad. And that's where the hypernormalization comes in. You guys are now normalizing the hatred of trans people. You're just going along your business like it's okay what we're doing to trans people. It is not okay. You're hyper normalizing again the discrimination against women, against gays, against blacks. The George Floyd anniversary was last week, five years since he died, and now there's a backlash against equality, a backlash against stopping police brutality, a backlash against prosecuting cops that get out of line. Meanwhile, Trump is busy pardoning reality TV stars that committed federal fraud offenses, real criminals. These this Chrisly guys, who I think is day, this christly guy in his wife who committed horrible felony. They get partners. Meanwhile, people who should be parties should be that out of sale. They're rocked away. Chris, thank will make it out that's just stupid. Just hey Correll here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons of Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corel Cast, then please go to Patreon dot com, forward slash Really Corell. That's Patreon dot com, forward slash, Really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward slash Really Correl. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube and support that's the show to Patreon at Patreon dot com, Forward Slash Really Correl, thanks from thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. Hyper normalization, Boy, are we doing that with the grocery store, aren't we We're acting like, oh, it's so fine just because I go shopping every week and it jumps up five dollars, ten dollars, twenty dollars when two bags of groceries now cost one hundred dollars. We just keep on our business like that. Oh, that's just normal. That's what we got to do. And your answer is, well, what do we do about that? Corell? And that right there explains hypernormalization for reasons including a lack of effective leadership or an inability to a man how to disrupt the status quo. People carry on with their lives as normal despite dysfunction. There we go, You feel powerless against high grocery prices, so you don't do anything about it. You just normalize it. In fact, you feel powerless against almost everything, so you have normalized all the horror that happens to you. You know, it's like we have Stockholm syndrome. It really is like we are being held captive by the United States, so we've just learned to like our captor. That really is what hypernormalization ends up being Stockholm syndrome. We have normalized the terror. We have normalized poverty. We have normalized homelessness. We have normalized not being able to get adequate healthcare when you need it. We have normalized medical bankruptcies from healthcare. We have normalized all of the wrong things. And meanwhile, what if we called abnormal a woman wanting an abortion, two men loving each other, a person that was born the wrong gender correcting that. Oh, that's all abnormal. But we have normalized poverty, being unable to afford groceries. We have normalized food banks where people pull up in seventy thousand dollars cars to get free bags of food. We've normalized that. Well, they've got to have that car to work, and you know, blah blah blah blah blah. We have normalized so much of the wrong stuff, and we have made stuff that should be normal abnormal. Abortions none of your business and should be normal allowed in all of that. Being gay by or trans none of your business should be normal as can be. But that's abnormal, But what is normal corporate greed. It is not normal for someone to have a yacht for their yacht, but Mark Zuckerberg does. It is not normal for a condo in just a normal area to be a million dollars. That's not normal, but we've just accepted it. It's not normal that in order to survive in America you have to have a certain number of a certain amount of money. But no one makes that amount of money. But we've normalized that. We're just accepting that. Well, that's just the way it is. We are hyper normalizing all of the wrong things because we feel powerless against them, so we just quit. You know, hypernormalization is another great name for quitting. You quit, well, I can't change the environment. What am I going to do? Well, you can become a vegan like me. You could buy a Jemmy g E, M E or a Loamy or whatever, a home composter. You could get a car that is either hybrid or electric, or a motorcycle which barely burns any gas. You could go solar at your house. There's lots of things you could do. But you think, well, that won't do much. Why even bother blah blah, blah, you hypernormal The biggest thing that we have hypernormalized apathy. Apathy. That is the biggest thing that we have normalized. Doing nothing in the face of adversity. We have made that the norm. You see someone getting attacked by a cop, you don't do anything. You see someone that needs help, a homeless person, someone that's hungry, you don't do anything. You know, did I tell you that the guy downstairs that I'm not friends with, my downstairs neighbor. She calls nine one one constantly, and he's bedridden and should be in a hospital. He called me yesterday or the day before and was like it was yesterday, I think. And he called me and said, Charles A Uhlmer said why, he goes, well, I'm hungry and Leah's sick and hasn't fed me. Now, this is the person that's married to him, that is his caregiver. How hungry are you that you call a neighbor that you don't even know? So what did I do? I went and bought him food. Did I have fifteen dollars to go buy him food?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Did they offer to repay me?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: But I can't stand up here and know the right below me someone's starving. I can't do nothing. We have hyper normalized apathy them. The Democrats are the worst at this. They just sit around and complain and live their lives like it's normal, like all this horror is normal, instead of showing us away to beat it being leaders. We have hypernormalized apathy, and that's gonna kill us. It's gonna kill us as a species because we're doing nothing. We're not doing anything for the environment, we're not doing All of the stuff we're doing is nothing. We're not doing anything to stop the israel gays of war. We're not doing anything to stop the Ukrainian war. We're doing nothing nothing. We're not doing anything to lower grocery prices. We're doing nothing because we don't have a leader to show us what to do, and so we just get overwhelmed. We go back to being apathetic. All right. Let's see in the chat room, Brian, congratulations being back at work. Someone in the chatroom just said they had been laid off for five months. Now they're back at work. Good for you. Hello, James, you're right. It is a high return electoral strategy which makes policy problems elsewhere. Yes, you're right. Hyper normalization it's they rely on it. They rely you know what, Trump being president. We normalized a felon, an actual convicted felon. We have normalized him being in office, a molesting rapist, con artist, fraudster, insurrectionist, trader. We have normalized that it's okay for him to be in the oval office. It's not. If Joe Biden has done all those things, I'd say kick came out too. If Obama had done all those things, I'd say kick came out. But now it is normal for a president to commit crimes and lie. We have hyper normalized lying. So let's see if we can get your comments down below. What are some of the other things we have hyper normalized that we have just accepted and live our lives like it's not really going on. What are some of the things that we have hyper normalized. I would love your comments down below. What things like a felon being in office. You know that's now normal. Oh yeah, sob he lies all the time? Oh well, it's normal. It is not normal for a president to lie every time he gives a speech. That's not normal, but we all just hyper normalize it. Go about our lives now. One of the things We've hyper normalized is ignorance. We have normalized being ignorant, just normalized it. You know, Oh yeah magas ignorant.
Speaker 4: So what?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that guy's ignorant.
Speaker 4: So what?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, my kids can't spell?
Speaker 4: So what?
Speaker 2: So my kids can't write? Curse a big deal. We have hyper normalized ignorant. Leave your comments below of other things we have hyper normalized. I am Correl. See who you want to be a fumer? Anybody follow along life, subscribe, YouTube dot com, forward, slash Really Carrell, of course, my website really Carrel, all social media really Carrel, And go watch the video for do you want to bump? At YouTube dot com Forward specially Carrel had dreamed the thong Do you wanna bump? Ja wanna fuck?
Speaker 4: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view, yours. Listen daily to the COREL cast down your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view. Yours, listen daily to the COREL cast on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 1: You showtime is here, and no time to fear. Corral is so near because show time is here, So on with the show. Let's give it a go. Carrel is the one