Speaker 1: What so what were you talking about just before? Oh? I asked Zoey to press shift because I wasn't close enough to the desk to be able to like click and select a whole bunch of things, right, because I clicked one and then you press and hold shift and then do you do another one? So she pushed the shift key. You're not in the wrong, by the way, Zoe you look so stish, okay, And then she's like, oh, you didn't specify to hold down shift, And in my mind I was like, well, that's the only move you ever do with shift is to you know, to do that. And then John was like, well, be careful there, like being that like pedantic with the wording and stuff. But I wonder straight away this just popped into my head. There are certain things phrases you can say where I think a whole action is implied, right, Like if I say, could you open the door? I doubt many people would open it's just a tiny crack, and be like, I did what you ask You should have specified all the way open, right, which is technically true. I didn't specify all the way open, but like.
Speaker 2: That's so you're wondering where the line is yeah, there's actually a scientific time. I wish I could sound smart.
Speaker 1: Look at fun and science already.
Speaker 2: I wish I could sound smart and pull it up out of my head. But it's something.
Speaker 1: Instead, it's out the other end.
Speaker 2: It's something like perceived stupidity, I think is what it's called, or something like that, where when you know something like one and one is two, your brain physically creates a little bridge neuron connection to fire that information quicker to you because you know it's valid and true. Sure, so your brain's like, I don't even need to think about that as true one and one two. Done to someone else who hasn't learnt that concept yet, when you go can you hand me two of those and they're like, oh yeah, one two or something like that, you think that they're stupid because your brain has that solid connection, whereas theirs hasn't. They may not be stupid, it's just because they haven't actually built that neural pathway yet. In terms of the computer here, Zoe is not an it.
Speaker 1: Jesus, a seasoned producer of the show, I.
Speaker 2: Would also, if we're gonna be I'll go on both players here, both fields. So the first one is Zoe's not in it. So to someone like you, where you're like, it's obvious the only command you would do with shift is to hold and click a whole bunch. That's your strong neural connecttion.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, really think about this. Did I say press shift or push shift?
Speaker 2: I think you said press.
Speaker 1: If I said press, then I'll definitely give that to you. But I think I would have said push, which I think implies like I had holding down. Okay, I'll curb that now anyway, an anniversary command.
Speaker 2: If I'm also going on to play the other field. I believe the technical term that they would use in that field is press and hold shift, Yeah, and then click and drag to select they wouldn't, or select multiple they wouldn't. And I believe it's control that you hold shift.
Speaker 1: You can you can hold control.
Speaker 2: To what do you do to control a select? All?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But you can also hold control to select multiple? I hold control.
Speaker 1: I'll try it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey why not?
Speaker 2: Hey? Have you got some free time job on the computer and just hold control and select a whole bunch of stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh well, yeah, sorting that. I get what you're saying. And it's very very simple when you put numbers right because that's factual. There's no kind of gray in between there, right, But if I if I say something like could you pour me a drink? And you pour me like a tiny tiny bit of thing, like, well I did.
Speaker 2: I was more leaning toward like what you would think is obvious versus what the other person would think is obvious. Yeah, And like going now to what you were saying about where the line is.
Speaker 1: Because could you be mad at the other person if they opened the door a tiny bit when you're like, well I asked you.
Speaker 2: To yes, you could you have your big as the person's not opening the door and being like what opened the door? They're doing it on purpose?
Speaker 1: Okay? So though, like so if we say that it then they've got nothing vindictive going on and they really are just clueless. But you feel an annoyance because you're like, who does that? Who's ah?
Speaker 2: I what's the question?
Speaker 3: I feel like you have the right to be annoyed. You always have the right, whether or not it's justified, that's the question.
Speaker 1: How long you hold on to it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How good is your self control? I'm going to start doing things very very openly, you know, as far as if any open end questions come my way. I'm just going to start doing things like that. Say how long I can keep it up for?
Speaker 1: It's probably not a good way to live.
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 1: But you know, talk to me about your beard.
Speaker 2: Ah, thanks for calling it a beard.
Speaker 1: You called it a beard first, did I?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: When you said growing out my beard, I think I said facial hair. Oh, facial hair.
Speaker 2: Then I would never call it much less on refrac.
Speaker 1: Your hair on your chin. That's a beard. It might not be a very good one, but it's a beard fair enough.
Speaker 2: Sure. Thanks. Anyway, since growing hair on my face, I've allowed it to just grow out, I didn't know beard. Dan Droff's the thing.
Speaker 1: Ah, but it is itchy as man, And yeah it's itchy.
Speaker 2: But hey, that's a neural pathway link that I didn't create. I had no idea you could get dandruff on your face.
Speaker 1: Mustache dandruff is worse. I would argue, Oh, that's horrible, it's just shocking.
Speaker 2: I would not like that one. I haven't got that yet. But anyway, I don't think i'll get to that.
Speaker 5: Point, no idea at all.
Speaker 2: Can you get Dan Drff anywhere that you have hair? Can we get a google on that?
Speaker 1: At some point it's just like excement, right, or like, well, because what isits?
Speaker 2: What is what is downdraft? For a start?
Speaker 1: Oh, do you know I watched an entire, like fifteen minute video on the sebum oil that's in your scalp that when something happens data DA to day. It was a whole ad for head and shoulder.
Speaker 2: You really handy it recited for a podcast.
Speaker 1: It would, but I didn't retain it because it's one of those very tassium things. I was like, okay, okay, Yeah, it's a particular chemical that your head wants, which it doesn't get, and so the head flakes off, Your whole head flakes.
Speaker 2: Decides to piece out. You didn't give me what I want, So I'm leaving the body.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm getting mixed dances here, so I'm getting little bits of.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Dandra, first of all, is a common scalp conditioned with dead skin cells shed in noticeable white or yellow flakes, often accompanying accompanied by itching. And then I said, can you get dingdriff everywhere? And it says only co on the scalp? And then I said can you get it on your beard? And it says yeah, you can get it on a beard. So I'm getting mixed dances here.
Speaker 2: Well okay, so yeah, your definition there said from the scalp, or is there any condition of the scalp?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I guess by extension, don't.
Speaker 5: It's overgrowth of normal skin yeast. So I suppose that can be your skin's everywhere.
Speaker 2: My face is yeasty.
Speaker 1: Do you not like that? Do you not like that at all?
Speaker 5: Oil is skin sensitivity? All of that causes it?
Speaker 2: Because I was just thinking, like how horrible it would be to have dowandriff coming from some places, really would and like embarrassing.
Speaker 1: I really do think it just moves into being some kind of dermatitis.
Speaker 2: But I think you're right.
Speaker 5: I think you're right too.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get this show on the road then, Sorry.
Speaker 5: It's a dryer skins. It's like skin that's exposed. I feel like hair areas are exposed that you are in the elements.
Speaker 1: Mhmm. Would you like to do a quick skit before we start to get us in the mood?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I see you have a big satchel aboard. You're back there, jepany wears for sale?
Speaker 7: Got plenty of your wars?
Speaker 4: Or would you allow me to dip my head in your basket.
Speaker 7: And see I got plenty of display here. If you just look at the glass display case, you see, well, I.
Speaker 4: Take it you came upon these by an honest means.
Speaker 7: I got plenty of recess and plenty of customers.
Speaker 4: Oh, I say that one could help me on a on a windy night. Now I got plenty of ropes.
Speaker 7: I got plenty of.
Speaker 4: Bad not study on there. Watch a man like you need a rope for well.
Speaker 7: I sell to wear pirate well, I sell to wear fishermen and sea captains so they like see.
Speaker 4: You see you associate with my brother, and then yes, fantastic, I'll be taking some rope, that's for sure. Never have too much rope. I don't suppose you got anything from me belly.
Speaker 6: It's a little hearty snack or so too much around it all too much picture.
Speaker 2: We got pickles.
Speaker 4: And jovis.
Speaker 6: That's far too much food for me. I'll just stick with an apple if you've got one. No apples, sorry, he's got no apples. Spoken like a man who still has his foreskin. I'll tell you that much. Well, if you're inquiring why I would say such a thing, perhaps you'd ask about mine.
Speaker 4: That seems the only calm and reasonable thing to do.
Speaker 7: God tell us about your FOOLSKI did well, not many days you hear about the old sailor's skin.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 4: It's just it was so long ago.
Speaker 6: Now I was seeing my masts had fallen all the way, dude, and before I knew it, I was beginning to wither under the shot.
Speaker 4: I had to use me foreskin as.
Speaker 6: A as a spare mascular suit, as a sail, as a sail like a sail, and I had to hold it up to catch the breege. But you see what happens is when the breeche cops a lot before you know it, it stretches out for too long. Well, I got go on, I'm sorry, I got to speaker anymore.
Speaker 7: On I understand I way back around me wedding finger personally.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, before we get into this, you know what it was asked of us last go around, Like the last couple of frontal low intros have been.
Speaker 2: I thought you're gonna say we've been asked to stop after God.
Speaker 1: No, No, they've been worldly. Let's say, know a little bit of culture on the show around the world, but we were asked to kind of hype it up a bit and get back to something we could actually play a little less shamefully and let people, you know, if they pass you on the freeway and they're like, what have they even listening to it, they could actually maybe bop along. So with that, I have asked for a groovy new wave, bass slapping jam that'll make people really get down. And that's what we're doing here. Anthony's front a low baby get down.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 9: Downy's fun who loves.
Speaker 2: Turn it up?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: I should bring proof God's right, do it a wrong?
Speaker 10: Science in a mix, fun in every lad every weird little question starts to feel divine.
Speaker 9: We got something to say laugh in the same.
Speaker 4: Cliff, one long sign, we're right outside.
Speaker 1: How we feel about it.
Speaker 2: I feel like, uh.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, come come now.
Speaker 2: It's good to go. You can sew to like all of these AI songs are really sounding like they're very picking the same.
Speaker 1: I've also a little bit hit a the roof on my the level of adjectives I can put in front of like a prompt there where I'm like, I'm trying to give you a feel here, and so what I've done is I've researched bands that I like and I'm like, what genre is this band? And it'll be like, oh, it's electro boom mixed, whether this, that, and all of these terms that I didn't know. Okay, so I can start using those prompts a bit more. But it make some wacky stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really does. Yeah, it's just like so almost predictable.
Speaker 1: The beat, Yes, and it always says it always always says something like Johnny brings the spark, Isaac brings the heat solely with the grin, or it's.
Speaker 2: Like Johnny with the jokes and Isaac with the you know, wisdom, and Zoe with the knowledge and all of this. It's always, yeah, always, always the same. I'm gonna have to create it. I actually created an intro.
Speaker 8: That is impossible.
Speaker 1: Well, well, sounds like we have the so we're gonna be talking a bit of kung fu Panda and right now here I have the Master Sheafer keyboard limited.
Speaker 2: To Master Sheafer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn, I was really.
Speaker 2: Hoping you get some Tai Loong ones and he's got some killer lines he does.
Speaker 1: I didn't have enough time. I found myself gravitating to Master sheafer because of something that actually happened a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Of one quote that you can fit really well in here, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so shall we get right into this.
Speaker 2: John's been doing a hefty amount of gardening, lots lots of gardening any free time. I have find it quite therapeutic in a way. Yes, it's also strangely rewarding, especially in effect when you haven't done it for a while. To be able to do something and have your work there like always visible, so you can kind of always improve, always see where where you've done, know how much hard work you've put in, feels like satisfying, rewarding in a way. Especially. I mean, it's the space that I live in so well.
Speaker 1: I mean, hey, it was Adam and Eves's first job was big g was like, go work the garden, Go do some gardening.
Speaker 2: They didn't even have any tools either, didn't need them, did they? What what did they do?
Speaker 1: You've got all the animals, hey, goat, go over there and mow the lawn, and monkeys picked the fruit.
Speaker 2: So they didn't do anything. No, they were like the a bad slave.
Speaker 1: Foreman, so they didn't do anything a good foreman does.
Speaker 2: Stop, so they sat in the air cont.
Speaker 1: The palm leaves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, I mean I've also been getting a new appreciation for different kind of plants. There are a lot of different kind of plants, and they can do some pretty crazy things. I mean we all just kind of pass plants and trees on a daily basis and they're like, yeah, they're plants and trees.
Speaker 1: I'm a gardeners. They're not really okay, well specialized, but.
Speaker 2: Like they're fully alive and react to sun and like moisture adaptation and if they're not getting enough then they kind of curl their leaves andynthesis and photosynthesis as well. Like I witnessed a flower close up when the sun had gone like ten minutes, that's all it took. The flower just completely had closed up. It was like, oh, the sun's gone for the day, closed up, And I was like, what is the point of that.
Speaker 1: It's a very easy thing to kind of like you say, like you just sit by and if you say to somebody, Haye, plants are alive, they go, yeah, they're alive. But like then you actually think, no, they're alive. Alive. They need water and sun and movement and nutrients. And yeah, all of these things not.
Speaker 2: To mention like the mycillial network or whatever.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't even get started.
Speaker 2: Mushrooms actually communicate to each other because I don't know much about it. Well, something we could google, but that's probably a really big topic which we're not going to get too into or into it at all.
Speaker 1: Well, we had Mike on the show, one of our brothers, and he was all into it, so we've had that already.
Speaker 2: It was, yeah, well there you go.
Speaker 1: We don't need one of the features that John has done with this gardening space bit of landscaping as well, quite a bit actually, But there's a fire pit that's coming along, isn't there?
Speaker 9: There is?
Speaker 2: Yes, I took out the top layer of all the grass, which is back breaking work because when you've only got a spade, you really can only cut the top layer and like, you know, just cruely work. You've finally done, and you've got all this dirt that you need to move now as well. But I've put gravel down, fire pits looking good. Chairs are going to go so on.
Speaker 1: That I go over and visit with my my darling sweetheart, little girl, brat, my little one, and not even one and a half years old. She's old enough just to be toddling around. She's so interested.
Speaker 5: In the world.
Speaker 1: And she goes over to John's firepit where he's like put down this gravel and stuff not even like completed.
Speaker 2: About five minutes ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I So she goes over like, oh, a rock, and John goes, what, doesn't even let her like enjoy the rock. Every time she like goes and he goes, no, goes running open, takes it out of her hand, and she like curls her lip up at me, like what's going on?
Speaker 2: All she wanted to do was be a menace. She started like digging up the dirt and picking up dirt and putting it in the fire pit, and I was like, I've just dug that out, just like nah, you got not enough dirt in here. And you know what else it needs rocks like picks up as many rocks as she can get her little hands on.
Speaker 5: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: He told me the same thing today as well, because the kit was there and I was and he was being real playful, and I thought, what if I drop a rock and like make noise.
Speaker 10: And.
Speaker 2: Well I look over and I see her like toss a rock into the fireplace, and I was like, what are you doing? No getting the contact, trying to fend people off of my property at this.
Speaker 1: Point, nowhere is there? She like looks up at Could you turn these sound effects up a little bit for me please? And this is my experience anyway, and this is a good lesson for you to learn early before maybe one day you have kids. If there's something they're interested in, Yes, it's a pain and it's knowing, but particularly rocks, pebbles, sand, small bits of bark, leaves, whatever, if you just let them play with it for however long and might be five minutes, it might be twenty minutes, and they'll make a mess. But the more you like show them no, no, no, that's not for you and try and usher them away, the more they're like, I really want that more than anything, And if you try and take me away, I'm just gonna keep running back down doing worse. Probably, But yes, Noah's very much like you know.
Speaker 5: The hardest part of this, The hardest part is cleaning.
Speaker 2: Her mouth towards.
Speaker 1: The evil in her face sometimes. But yeah, I learn her play with the damn rocks.
Speaker 2: I mean, she was fine to play with it. It just starts filling up my like she's.
Speaker 1: Job did a sprinkle of say pretty much gone.
Speaker 2: And hired a bobcat take into the backyard.
Speaker 1: She's got tiny, tiny little toddler hands.
Speaker 2: About one rock can fit in both of her hands at a time.
Speaker 1: John picks her up and shakes her.
Speaker 2: Nothing like that. But I just put in all his hard work and quite literally, like not even five minutes had passed. I didn't even spread out the rocks. I wanted to kind of like lightly spread them out to kind of see how many more I need, and like, yeah, I just got curious.
Speaker 1: George heading over there, and curious exactly. Yeah, not mischievous, not menacesome, but if meddlesome, meddlesome, if.
Speaker 5: The kittens did it, he would be like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it probably would.
Speaker 2: Hey, oh he's rolling around in it.
Speaker 4: He did?
Speaker 2: They do play with the rocks already. I need to get more down so that I could finish the job. Anyone who wants to help me come move about a ton of earth this weekend. Pheel three.
Speaker 1: We haven't actually asked anyone.
Speaker 2: Well, actually I've asked James. And this is great because the episode is going to come out after the fact that he's going to come over tomorrow. But I've invited James over tomorrow unbeen ounced to him that it's going to be a day of unpaid labor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but his people love unpaid laborers. What gingers, I don't know what he is.
Speaker 2: I just mad English.
Speaker 1: Ginger that I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I've like loosely told him that we could do like some work in the back, you know, we have like a couple of beers and set up the barbecue whatever, do whatever. He's like, oh yeah, cool, But no, he's got no idea.
Speaker 1: The thing is, and I found this out just recently about myself, that kind of stuff is fun for me, right, Like anytime I can go over and help people, even I mean, you could have, like on the podcast, let people know that I've been helping you out.
Speaker 2: You have been helping me out's been helping me out to instrumental some mate. So oh yeah, it's been quite that's not Yes, he.
Speaker 5: Said he barely did anything interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, here's the thing. I assume that like I need to hang a TV on the wall, or like I need to put down some new flooring and stall some decking or whatever. I'll call a mate, Hey, do you want to come do this with me? As like a fun activity And they're like, well, like labor, like yeah, we'll build a deck together. It'll be fun, like huh like, And it didn't click for me that people don't just do that. People are dogs who work at computers.
Speaker 2: And you know, I mean there's a certain again the line of like what kind of labor are we talking here? Is it dad on a Saturday morning type labor where it's like it'll be fun, whereas he just gets you to do a bunch of stuff or is it like we're going to have a ball doing this. I'll get your input on a bunch you know.
Speaker 1: Maybe well maybe both because as an adult, right you can like like you say, like have some beers have something on the barbecue going or whatever. But like even as kids, and I aim to do this with you Henry when he's a bit older as well. And I watched that facial hair scratching please on the mic. Yeah, showering Dandre No, but like imagine like in that backyard setting with like our dad and stuff like that instead of just like you go rack the leaves or whatever. If he was actually like I don't know, if you talk to us about this is not to dunk on dad, but if you talk to us about like, you know, oh, what lego project are you building at the moment, or like what video game are you playing? Like you know it, start to have conversations about like those sorts of things. I reckon. I would have loved to be clearing the guttering or stacking wood and chatting about, oh yeah, what if Darth Mare really did have a battle against mace window, you know something like that. You know, maybe I think that the key lies in your relationship building and how you're spending time with people doing a difficult task. If it really has just helped me move this sofa down a twelve story building and you're just not talking at all the whole time, yeah, then it's a job.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it takes a level of energy as well. Sure, like it's it's not it's not something that's comes to naturally because we do it all the time at work, even like all of your colleagues are like you could be good friends with a bunch of them, even and there's crappy scenarios that arise a lot of the time during work that you guys get over and work past and work through and can make fun of Yep. So it's like doesn't have to be strictly at home or with somebody close to you, But yeah, it's that level of it's the line again.
Speaker 1: But yeah, certainly for me, like going over to your place to do like gardening and landscaping that over like looking after children at home. Absolutely, I'll come and help you do that and have a good time as well. So yeah, I don't think James will mine is my.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to get started.
Speaker 1: Yeah good. He sounds so evil.
Speaker 2: Dustin Hoffman, Yeah, it's it's fun because no one ever knows his name. But the moment you see Dustin Halfman's face, you're like, oh yeah, dust Halfman. Did you ever see rain Man where he's the I saw where he's the rain Man. He's rain Man, Yeah, where he plays rain Man. Did you ever watch that movie Tom Cruise as well? He's in it as his brother. He all right, rain Man.
Speaker 1: He's got like really bad autism, And I thought it was like worse than that. It's like one of the like I don't even know how to say this.
Speaker 2: I thought you have like a degenerative.
Speaker 3: There are like different levels of autism and if you can be like high levels, which is like more nonverbal and things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the kind of what his character in the movie was, the kind that like has to have things a certain way otherwise he mega freaks out and like we'll throw a town.
Speaker 2: From like a child like mega compulsive OCD and.
Speaker 1: ADHD and like vocals dim like like stuff.
Speaker 2: He got the lot, he got the kitchen scene. But anyway, and.
Speaker 1: He's a genius. That's like the part of the movie like count cards and remember.
Speaker 5: Stuff and kind of describing someone though is it John?
Speaker 1: But point being, you watch a movie like that rain Man where he's he's got like this kind of high voice, and then you like go to this character with master cho Yeah, yeah, true, true, you wouldn't suspect it.
Speaker 5: Same as I find Stanley Tucci very similar.
Speaker 3: You know, in Devils Proud Of, the second movie that just came out, and then he plays a serial killer.
Speaker 5: And in that Devil Proud Of he's gay, and.
Speaker 1: Then turnunds sounds of gym dot com.
Speaker 3: Here you're gay right in Easy and then Easy A he's a dad and it's like it's it's yeah, he's very well ranged.
Speaker 1: He plays games. Yeah, even I like Stanley Stanley Tucci. Yeah, he's cool, he's very well.
Speaker 2: If we're talking some goodness on actors, keeping to the same of Concree Pounder. I'm a big fan and I'm quite disappointed you didn't have any Tayler. What's his name?
Speaker 1: McKellen? I, yeah, I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 2: He was a black Beard on Parts of the Caribbean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for those who don't know the name, he's got an awesome last name too, like black or something Ian Black or something or no.
Speaker 2: It's like a McKellen type name.
Speaker 1: Can we get a Google please?
Speaker 4: But there was no such thing.
Speaker 1: As level zero. I didn't know how you'd put that in there. But anyway, sorry, can I while Zoe is doing that?
Speaker 4: What you got?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 1: Who did you want me to look up Tyler? Or like Captain Blackbeard from the same guy?
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? His name?
Speaker 1: Actor's name?
Speaker 5: Can you not see it with the TV name Ian McShane.
Speaker 2: McShane, Okay, why am I?
Speaker 1: That's?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What I say?
Speaker 5: Oh, he's on American Horror Story too. He plays the crazy Santel.
Speaker 2: Yeah he does. Yeah, but he's a great actor. I also just I love his voice and there are so many good dialog quotes in there.
Speaker 1: Our battle will be a legendary.
Speaker 2: You think I'm a fool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is pretty good. Hey, I'm not regretful about choosing master. Sheafu in Mandarin means master as well, so that's interesting, master master fool.
Speaker 2: Can I hit you up with a story please?
Speaker 1: This one is bonkers to me because, like, as a dad again, I try and like think of all of the scenarios of when I was a kid and this thing happened to me. How would me now as a dad be able to speak to specifically Henry about this in a way that I can like dip into how did I feel as a kid? You know, you lose that a little bits as adult, I feel more and more. But anyway, he wakes. He comes out of his room after being put to bed for about half an hour. He's been in there for about half an hour. Comes out, He's like, Dad, I had a nightmare. And I'm like, oh, that's terrible, like nightmare suck. Do you want to talk about it?
Speaker 4: Double the weapons, double everything.
Speaker 1: That would have been a perfect response, well done. Anyway, he goes, there's a monster under my bed, Like, Henry, wait a second, there's a monster under your bed. He's like, yeah, there's a monster. I was like, you do realize what this means? Right? He's like no. I was like, if there is in fact a monster under your bed, couple of things, We're about to be famous. We're gonna discover a monster under your bed, which is just crazy and also like an idiot. He's backed himself into a corner. There's no way for him to escape. He's stuck under the bed. Now, if we shine a ladder him, he won't be able to go anywhere. So Henry's starting to like feel the playfulness of what I'm saying. And I was like, should we check together to see if there's a monster under your bed? And he's like okay, I like, I say here, I'm going to get my torch out here. You have this lightsabered toy that he's got. If he tries to run, you whack him. All Right, here we go. We're gonna look under the bed.
Speaker 5: So you're the legendary dragon Laurium.
Speaker 1: If that came from under the bed through But anyway, pause here cut to like five months earlier, where kindy he made on a paper plate, This googly eyed paper plate right like I.
Speaker 2: Made this some school.
Speaker 1: It's got these giant eyes. You know, kids draw misshapen eyes close together. The whole thing looks very like.
Speaker 2: Misshaped what's the I thought you were going for abstract?
Speaker 1: No, well it is, I guess both. But anyway, the whole thing is frightening to look at. It's somehow fallen underneath his bed and is just sitting there underneath his bed. Now cut to the present, readyhead, We're going to look under the bed. We shined the light.
Speaker 4: Didn't look very good.
Speaker 1: We shined the light underneath the bed, and of course it reflects up against this paper plate. And we both looked together and see this like munted, grinning paper plate looking at him. And we both went together and I just like, you know, I tried to scream in a way that was like funny, but he like was just like straight away in tears. I was like, okay, now that did not go the way that I hoped that it would. I quickly scooped the plant. Look, it's it's just a stupid it's a lie, you know, But of all of the things to be like, Okay, we're gonna look now, and I'm not going to confirm your fears or a monster under your bed.
Speaker 2: He knew he looked already and he saw them without the torch and was like oh and then went to get you. It's fully knowing.
Speaker 1: I was prepared to be like, no monster here, you know, under the bed. But of course, what are you going to do?
Speaker 2: Double the car, yeah.
Speaker 1: Double the weapons, double everything. Then nothing prepares you for that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I want to hear from Zoe.
Speaker 11: Zoe, please up right, if you were trying to disappoint me, well, it's more just a bit of like, okay in my week today this week, I rocked up to work and the group chat, the staff group chat was blowing up because there was a fire at our hospital.
Speaker 3: And on our floor where I work. Anyways, So I was in the car park early to a shift and then I saw the messages. I just went straighting because they were transferring patients and stuff, and so I was like, I don't they'll need.
Speaker 5: Help, Like, let's just go in.
Speaker 3: And it was actually that bad because by the time marshift started, the fire had been had come and gone kind of thing a few hours prior.
Speaker 5: But yeah, apparently, yeah.
Speaker 3: It was a significant enough fire and it like impacted our hospital.
Speaker 5: Even now we have to do repairs and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: So here's where you tell us it was.
Speaker 5: I see you. It was a single room.
Speaker 2: He's always smoking where he shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: No, it's not the curse, I see you is. They've got the heavy equipment there. The patients there are like most likely intubated and all that stuff. They've got one to one nursing like assistance. Basically, this patient had a lot going on, and at the end of his bed he had like some sort of device.
Speaker 1: And it sparked oxygen tank.
Speaker 3: Like, no, there was an oxygen tank. So in the area that was high flow oxygen. The patient had high flow oxygen on because he was quite he needed the high flow. And yeah, so the spark at the end of the bed electrical spark plus the high flow oxygen.
Speaker 1: Wow, was the patient all right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just got word already the hospital. He's already in icy.
Speaker 1: They pick him uput him on a stretcher and then just put him straight back down, put him on.
Speaker 2: A different bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was, and like, I see who's been shut down? Now you can you can look it up too.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I see who's been shut down, and they've had to move like ward kind of thing into recovery and recoveries moved into our ward.
Speaker 1: And is there all separate training now for like what to do if there's a fire And there's.
Speaker 3: Always training like always always there's area wardens, and it's like and we have like evacuation stuff.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so.
Speaker 3: They had to evacuate part of the hospital because the one of the water pipes I think first, and it was like leaking down to the lower floors and so they had to like evacuate those people. But yeah, it was quite bad the patient, I think. Yeah, so I think four people got hurt in total, but everyone survived.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't see much news, but I would have thought that something like and I see you blowing up would be not the whole icee.
Speaker 3: The room caught on fire and there was a little little structural damasions.
Speaker 2: I still can't believe. Like the poor guy in the hospital like finally made it like I'm alive in the ICU.
Speaker 5: This is like, you know, he was sick already, he's already in the swamps.
Speaker 2: And then he's like, yeah, how could this get any worse? And then ka boom.
Speaker 1: Do you know what it actually was? Is like he's all out of it and everything, and the doctor's just dealt with his like anxious mother. The patient's anxious minds like, don't worry, missus Johnson, he's in good hands here with Boom just.
Speaker 2: Behind it as well. He doesn't even turn around like.
Speaker 1: Full Johnny English moment where he's just like, you'll never find a more stable and secure boom.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 2: I want to know what this key is? Sorry, what is it?
Speaker 5: We have to do something.
Speaker 4: We can't just let him take his revenge.
Speaker 2: Okay, can't take revenge was how you labeled it.
Speaker 1: You look at how small the key is on there, and if I'd put all of that in writing.
Speaker 2: I would have put we have to do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're very welcome to make the next So would you please find on the screen, like you've clicked before, choose your character. We're gonna we're gonna launch into something there, a little something fun. You might have to make sure that the volume is not too loud, otherwise you'll kill us all.
Speaker 10: Like that.
Speaker 4: A little bit lower.
Speaker 7: Please.
Speaker 2: Last time, well, the last episode you hit me with that freaked me out.
Speaker 1: I'll be working, I'll be out.
Speaker 2: Or one of the sound keyboards. Yeah, the vector one where he got finished by the moon. Really, it's like, oh my goodness, that is in my ear and like, just before you hit that key, we were talking about something like and so I was really invested and then just boom in my ear.
Speaker 6: You know why.
Speaker 5: It's because I was doing the wrong switch.
Speaker 1: It's impossible, it's very possible, but I was putting it down but it wasn't going to ah. So yeah, it's such an intermittent use of this keyboard and I don't expect you to be proficient. Well it's been that many episodes actually, so I get it together. This is a part of the show which I look forward to because it's fun. It's called Choose your Character. As you may have heard, this is where we take two fictional characters and we decide who is better of the two, or who's better suited for a particular situation. And usually we would say the situation and then the characters. This time I'm going to do it reversed. Okay, all right, So the two characters that I've got here, and it's John and I will be in this situation with this character so either it's doctor Emmett Brown of Back to the Future fame or Captain Jack Sparrow. Okay, And the situation is the both of us are in jail, like county jail I think of like the Old West jail, and they're gonna bust us out of there. Who do we choose?
Speaker 2: Could you turn the music down ever so slightly.
Speaker 1: Just a little whisper, like a little just a yeah, there we go. That'd be good.
Speaker 2: So my character is a doctor Emma Brown.
Speaker 1: Or Doctor Brown or Jack Sparrow or Jack Sparrow.
Speaker 2: Who do I want to break me out?
Speaker 1: I've had a little bit of thinking about this because I brought it up, but I'll let I'll hear your first thoughts.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with I don't attributes first, come on, I don't think I need to put much thought into this. Like the way my mind thinks of it is who's actually going to be good at the task? And like, okay, Jack Sparrow has an incredible amount of luck on his side. Yeah, where it's probably going to go.
Speaker 1: His way, not your way, okay, but he wants the character wants to break us out, missus, so his way would mean us being broken out.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's pretty cunning and devious. I don't think it would be though just him. I think he would put together a team or whatever what have you. I would go. My instinct is to go with doctor Brown, okay, because he's a genius yep, like an inventor. He can plan well, like he's not just relying on the tide yep to come in and if all goes wrong, you can draw their fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I tell you what I've gotten to before you make your decision. Here, So where they're sitting in jail, let's say we haven't even he is in prison. Yeah, thank you, we haven't really we want to escape, Okay, we're not. We're happy to be broken out in the first place. Jack Sparrow has a ton of history in like escaping things. He's broken out of so many different jails. Yes, with luck, but he still knows things right. He's not in there with us, so he's not confined to the cell. So yeah, he could very likely like just distract the guards punch him, and then he's got the keys and he whatever or he like ties something around the bars and like you know, to a horse and then does some kind of fandangle trick or whatever. Doctor Emmett Brown, Yes he's a genius, but he's only ever really had one success, right, which was the Dolorean time machine. Everything else he tried to make was either kind of performed a stupid task but kind of work, Like, oh, it's a toaster helmet, you know, I creator this device. Hell, I'll it'll watch my TV while I scrubbed the dishes, and you know, like it's like, okay, cool, but it's kind of pointless.
Speaker 2: Nah, I'll push back a little, cause this.
Speaker 1: Damn thing doesn't work at all.
Speaker 2: He's testing his limitations. A right, every inventor needs to try to fail to invent things. But let's not forget. Okay, that Marty was in and I'll push it here and call it a prison in quotation marks. He was locked in a garage with Biff's car, It's true, and he called on Doc Brown, who came to the rescue.
Speaker 1: But he failed.
Speaker 2: He got there, Lay didn't fail as he did. He wasn't most to get there on time. It was just that Marty so happened to see a window of Biff leaving, jumped in the back of his car and went with him. To dance.
Speaker 1: Is that the equivalent though, of like we picked Doc Brown to get us out of here, and then before he even gets here, we just see an opportunity ourselves and get out.
Speaker 2: Well if it's look, we're talking in the space of a couple hours here, like Biff got home, got ready for the dance and went yeah, whereas we've been sitting in jail and it's like, there's no way out unless one of these characters breaks us out. I don't think it would be waiting.
Speaker 1: It was the case with Marty in the garage, so it's like in this case, it's just the drunken sheriff has accidentally left the keys too close to the door, and we go, all right, we'll just get out ourselves.
Speaker 2: Then I think nah. Also because we also see a part where he goes back into the wild West, Yeah, and makes a whole last sniper rifle like three thousand years ahead of his time.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just a rifle with a telescope attachment.
Speaker 2: It's a sight and it's not a telescope. It's a crystal.
Speaker 1: It's all go attachment.
Speaker 2: It's a crystal that he uses. So accurate is he that he claims to be able to shoot the flea and the hairs off.
Speaker 1: A dog's back that was pointed right on your head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So he's a crack shot. Yeah, he's got stones because he's like stepped up to the meanest gang. He's proven his loyalty where he's rode on a bike, all right, not even like god an uber or anything, but he's bloody ridden his bike. Yeah, to come rescue us. No second seat. By the way, had Mighty been there, it would have been like, what are we walking home? More?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: So those are my pros, and well that's my list for Doc Brown.
Speaker 1: Maybe one other thing to try and sway you right. To convince Doc Brown to help us, we would have to be like, come on, dark, like we gotta do something, and he'd probably feed us home. It's much too dangerous, like you know, like, oh, maybe I could talk with the whatever. Like he'd probably try and do the right channels before doing something eccentric and crazy. Whereas Jack Sparrow, you'd be like, we've got some rum he like rum I think.
Speaker 2: I don't even know. I think Jack Sparrow would have to well, okay, well I'm gonna say we're also banking on the fact here that they both want us out of prison.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't need to convince either of them.
Speaker 1: True, true, but maybe incentivizes the better plant like you know.
Speaker 2: So okay, I'll agree with you there. And the fact that Doc Brown would probably try a different, easier, more altruistic ways before you know, breaking down the walls. He'd probably blow it.
Speaker 1: Up, although I can think of no better person. Like we're like, they're like, it's maybe caught at midnight or something, and then we just hear it as the equivalent of you know, mighty or like Johnny, Like we look through the windows.
Speaker 2: Like, oh god, no brush your.
Speaker 1: Yeah great, Scott, Yeah, okay, cool, solid, Joyce. I think either way we're getting out, Like really, they'd both do a great job.
Speaker 2: I just think, yeah, but i'd also get to ride away in a time machine.
Speaker 1: It's true. It's true. He to your point, even in the Wild West, even after their train didn't make it, you know, because in the movie the Dolorean gets away with Marty in it and abandons Doc to the Old West. He still manages to turn a steam combustion train into a time machine. In eighteen eighty five, and you.
Speaker 2: Know what else they never explained. I don't know how he made this giant leap, but the sucker is electrical, not nuclear. Yeah, but he needs a nuclear explosion to create enough energy to travel through time. Worries some steam will get the job done.
Speaker 1: Like he figures something else out. The first time he got it was because he fell and hit his head on her toilet bowl, and he absolutely as it is head in the Old West.
Speaker 2: I'm going further with this in the end of the movie. Okay, Steven Spielberg, the train, what kind of crack you were on? The train just flies away and like it's not just like oh, some kind of boosters out the back like the Dolorean how to whatever. I don't know what that could be. Yeah, thrusters, but the train had like jets, like freaking rocket rocket fuel coming back.
Speaker 1: And the haunting knowledge that he has two children now as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh boy, old children are passion fruits.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see that video so you can fade that out for us. Thank you very much doing a great job. That was Choose your character turnsounds at email dot com. Who would you choose? Please email? The emails have been dry. Let me tell you, But did you guys ever see that video? Back in twenty fifteen, there was like a promotional thing. It was twenty fifteen, of course, was the futuristic year from the second back in the future that they traveled to twenty fifteen, you know, flying cars and hoverboards and all of this stuff. And so when the year twenty fifteen actually rocked around, there was a video that came out on Facebook. I think it was like a Nike video sponsored or something like that because of like the power Lacers on where they brought out a limited shoe and.
Speaker 2: They gave it to Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox maybe, But the video that I saw was like this Dolorian pulls up and a very very old Christopher Lloyd gets out, like he like puts one leg out of the car, looks at the camera and he goes like, great, Scot, well here we are the year twenty fifteen. Like he's got nothing left in him because he's so old. Now then they've like made him and dragged him up to do this promotional ad and he's just like no, no, well we're expected, but here we are, and then like buy these Nike shoes.
Speaker 5: Didn't he come to Perth recently?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did for the Comic Con convention.
Speaker 1: Could you check how old is dear Christopher Lloyd?
Speaker 2: I would have loved to go see him, but like three sorts of things.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, kind of a scam. I I know friends who have been and like stood and taken pictures, and it's very much like a oh yeah, yeah you like the movie? Did I cool? All right, well that's that's your name, all right, take the picture and then off you go. Yeah, like what is it like one hundred and twenty bucks?
Speaker 2: Kind of cool to say though, that you've like met them and spoken to them. And when someone said that much of an impact on your childhood and growing up hmmm, like just to be able to talk to him, to be like, wow, this is really a reality. Like I did not think that I would ever even meet you at all when I was a kid. I thought you were this untangible, like mega famous, living in America, Like yeah, and now all of a sudden, you are right in front of me, Like it's kind of surreal. Yeah, unthinkable, Well surreal is a better word. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a plan for Bill Bailey not to sound too stalker ish.
Speaker 4: He's in prison.
Speaker 1: He's not in prison. He's still touring doing shows. He has a show in late November this year in Perth. For those who don't know, Bill Bailey kind of a hero of mine. Actually, I really enjoyed the Black Books. You know, he's Manny from Black Books. Done a ton of stuff, different shows and stuff.
Speaker 2: But all of his stand ups.
Speaker 1: Absolutely really really like him. We've been to Shelby and I've been to one of his shows before. But even just the amount of instruments that he can play and play well I think is very inspiring. Our mom met him at a at a flight at the airport at a cafe in the airport, Sure, and she got him to sign her plane ticket and he signed it to me said, stay calm. I was like, sick, this is awesome. My plan is during because during the last show that I went to, there's like an intermission period where everyone kind of gets up and meander's around, and there's a guy that comes up and cleans the stage. He just like sweeps it over and like does some instrument checks and whatever. My plan is to go up to that guy, hand him a slip of paper, maybe even with the ticket that was signed in it, and just the piece of paper says like, hey, you know, thanks so much for I'll figure out a better way to write it or whatever, but like, really keen to.
Speaker 2: Jeezy coffee total.
Speaker 1: Now, I gotta go ahead and find the time stamp of that.
Speaker 4: The Michael catch it, I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't even hear it, so I might, but I would it.
Speaker 4: Was worthy to be trusted with the secret to limitless.
Speaker 1: Power point is. Then the janitor guy would take that slip of papers like, Yo, my name's Isaac. I think you rock. I'd love to meet you if you know you've got the time or whatever. And here's the fantasy, right, He takes it backstage to where you know, mister Bill Bailey is having his like soda or whatever he does in his intermission break. He has the papers. Oh yeah, he's just out there. And then I get beckoned over. I just get to shake him by the hand and go, yeah, neat, IM not going to take any pictures. I'm just going to keep that memory locked away in the my head. Maybe he signs the slip of thing again the double signature. That'd be cool.
Speaker 5: I like how you're manifesting this.
Speaker 1: It's nice you watch you pair this with the double signature thing and it's going to make a great clip. Yeah, there is that storckash.
Speaker 5: I hope it happens for you.
Speaker 1: It's not stalkerash, not it anyway. Yeah, cool, it's wishful. I'm also paying to go to his show, so that's you know, or is that worse? I don't know. Yeah, it's wishful, all right.
Speaker 5: Christopher Lloyd is eighty seven.
Speaker 1: Eighty seven, eighty eight and two months. I would have said nineties already, so yeah, eighty seven. Do you remember this? I remember this the other day at dinner. This is a story from our childhood which generally go over pretty well. We used to do this thing all of us as kids, where like you just hold the other sibling's ear lobe and be like, I'm not doing anything, I'm not moving and if they moved then it would like pull on their ear and stuff like that. And it was like this I guess power dynamic thing where like you were kind of feeling like being a bit annoying or I mean, but you weren't. It's kind of like that I'm in your space but I'm not touching you type thing that it's very annoying. But anyway, John developed this thing back in the day where I would like hold on to his earlob and quickly he would just like yanke his ear out the way to like free my grip because I wouldn't be expecting it, and that was his way of getting out of it. And then one singular time I happened to be holding on and I was like, I'll bet you he's gonna do it, so at the perfect time, I just I just held on a little tighter and he tried to yank away, but I kept holding on. I just like mega, stretched out your eelo and he's just like yank instant like tears and crying, and I got in trouble. Do you remember that at all?
Speaker 2: I've surprisingly forgotten a lot of my childhood.
Speaker 1: I was very mean to John growing up, and I do apologize for that. I think I've done a few type of times. But I was quite mean. But how how because it was funny.
Speaker 4: It was funny to me and I.
Speaker 1: Wasn't doing it to be mean. I just look back on it as that was actually pretty much so.
Speaker 2: I don't remember any of it. I think kids also don't know what's mean a lot of the times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like child's play competitive.
Speaker 2: I mean, like, you know, like even Zoe's knee set some when we were babysitting at some point just about yeah, she just like decided to just like she sees the dog chilling, I see the thought I'm watching her the whole time, I see the thoughts going her head, walks up to the dog and stomps on the tail and the dog's and like goes away, and I was like why you know, like and I think it was more curiosity more than like this is going to be mean, Like that's kind of yeah. Yeah, some people when their kids, like they don't know what's mean. They kind of just do what their brain tells them to do.
Speaker 3: I remember my first ever childhood cat, like I was. He died when I was really little, so the fact that I have his memory, Momum was like, how do you know?
Speaker 5: How do you remember that? Anyways, I pulled his tail like I wanted him to come closer to me, and it was like one of those how.
Speaker 3: Do I get this kitty close to me? Or I'll just pull his tail and then he scratched me and like I forever learnt that that's.
Speaker 1: Not what you do, that's not did you say what age you were again, I was.
Speaker 3: Like four maximum money, I probably died and I was like four or five, so little, and you know, I was like, I remember thinking, I want him closer to me. How do I do that?
Speaker 5: Easy? To pull him close to me?
Speaker 4: Yeap, you summoned me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty plach. I reckon as soon as our little girl is old enough that you could like push her a little bit and she'll like stagger backwards instead of like fall straight onto her butt, that'll be when we get a little puppy. And it's like much that we like rescuing dogs. We've always rescued dogs, but it's got to be a non traumatized dog that we know isn't going to turn and bite one of the kids. Because we had a little moment with Henry and that was a bad one.
Speaker 3: We had our my dog that we had from my whole childhood pretty much, and he was astray my brother just randomly found and he was the.
Speaker 5: Gentlest little thing. Yeah, partially I think because he'd been abused so but yeah, so it meant he was like so grateful for the life that you gave them.
Speaker 1: H You know, they say dogs have dreams.
Speaker 2: I believe it. Do you reckon.
Speaker 1: Like if you ever had a dream where like someone did something that annoyed you or they slighted you and you woke up like annoyed at that person. Dragon dogs ever have that with humans where they're like, I can't believe you forgot to feed me and you're like what, They just look like mad at you.
Speaker 2: Dogs are moody and like they can just for no reason, like.
Speaker 5: They can get emotional.
Speaker 2: Yeah in a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll bet you they're way more turbulent than humans where it's just like you just start giving them scratches or something like okay, fine, that is it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. Dogs are simple like that.
Speaker 1: I've been watching this guy called Caesar on YouTube. He's like a dog whisperer.
Speaker 2: I've seen him.
Speaker 1: Man, he's impressive, like great techniques there. For like I've seen him calm the most ravaging dogs.
Speaker 2: And he's so calm about it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or he'll like put out his hand for the smaller dogs even and they're like and he's like I just trying to like, yeah, just give him a little bit of time, and he's just totally used to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just submits the dog and the dog is like lying on its side or like at him, and he's just like, I'm just going to be right here, right up in his space, like, you know, making sure that he knows that I'm I'm above him and I'm more powerful than like whatever the lingo is. And he's like and then showing up. The dog just gives up and he's like, oh, you're the alpha. I guess okay, all right then yeah. I like cats who will just show you their butthole and then walk away.
Speaker 2: Not mine my cat.
Speaker 1: They will mine is.
Speaker 2: My cats are adorable.
Speaker 1: They are kittens. They don't know any better. They'll grow to despise you. They'll eat you if you die, Yes, they will.
Speaker 4: I am not dying, idiot.
Speaker 5: Have this conversation my mum all the time. She denies that. I'm like, yes, the dog will eat you. It will eat you.
Speaker 4: The dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom's dog is like a good forty over forty killers, Like, Mom, if you were dead on the floor, he knows that you won't give him dinner.
Speaker 1: I've seen instances of dogs with actual heartbreak that will like sit by the owner and like wither away and not eat and drink.
Speaker 2: And I think kind of depends on breed. And also this dog is not that dog.
Speaker 3: Okay, you cry and he will attack you. He's like, oh I remember when he was a puppy. I was like, fake cry to see what he would do, and he would start.
Speaker 5: Yeah, attacking me.
Speaker 1: He can't display weakness, so it's like, why are you trying.
Speaker 5: To tease me? I don't know. So enough said, bratty little thing, big thing, Brady, big thing.
Speaker 1: We're going to get a blue English staffy.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's what bredg is my brother's dog, and he is the best, and with kids as well.
Speaker 5: The best.
Speaker 2: Was so full of energy. Though.
Speaker 3: When Millie is dumped in his tail, he just walked away.
Speaker 5: He was just like it's a and walked away. Don't attack her.
Speaker 1: No, we had one. It was the best. But unfortunately it just it turned on Henry at one point because Henry crawled up to him and he freaked out and bit Henry pretty bad. It's like, not that can't happen again, unfortunately anyway.
Speaker 4: But yes, you have done.
Speaker 2: Wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah the mystery key well done.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what it was. My defense. You got to let me know when.
Speaker 1: You're pushing the mystery.
Speaker 2: I'm pushing the mystery.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you very much. I got one final question to the world. This one's a little bit silly, but also it's just been kept me wondering. I don't know if we've got time for that. Yeah, all right, well again, encouragement turns sounds at gmail dot com. What do you reckon? Although this is okay, So this is my question to the world, and usually what these are, it's like an open and honest plea with zero judgment, especially from you lot to be like this. This is a question I've been wondering about in a way that you wouldn't usually be able to ask it and you know, civilized conversation or a forum, because people would be like, what's wrong with you? So, but this one is actually my question to the world. But mostly God, do you have a sound effect for that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: I guess that's the right answer. All right, yeah, okay, Well, I of course want to be respectful about this. It's something I've been wondering about. So, mister God, I've been wondering about farts. Okay, all right, So it seems I'm wondering about what the purpose is specifically, no such thing. Well here's the thing during all Well, see, let me build my case here. I've been thinking about bodily functions and about like you might think, Okay, well, throwing up is kind of like it's awkward and it can be uncomfortable, and it's discussing, But it's designed to expel something from your body, right, or to do things like that. Same can be said about like you know, mucus or even earwax is designed to like flush different things out right, All those things are kind of like a bit gross, a bit uncomfortable. Then we come to farts, all right, the clear indicator of a fart is that it is preceding something else that you need to do. Right, But I would I would suggest that you can feel and know when that thing needs to happen anyway, regardless of farts. Yeah, so what's the what's the function there? What's the purpose?
Speaker 2: I don't want to sound silly and get this completely wrong. It's open, but I thought, essentially I'll break it down in parts for you. Part one. The soundy here is your butt cheeks applauding your system for doing such a good job in digesting the food.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 2: The gas that you release is a mixture of different gases, mainly methane.
Speaker 1: Sure, mainly methane methane, but yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: So anyway, it helps get rid of all of the So when when you're because I'm trying to should we let Zoe, I'm trying to do this in a proper structure structure here, but let me for the for what I'm trying to think of. Your stomach is acidic, and when it breaks things down, much like acid, it turns different things to gases as it breaks it down, and so you get this build up of gases inside your stomach area yep. Where as it travels through your system gets separated from the solids and the gas.
Speaker 1: So we've got burps that right, that's largely what burps do.
Speaker 2: So sure burps are for the upper end, right the last track.
Speaker 1: And you're My thought of this, because I've been thinking about this for a little while, is kind of like you look at what a bubble does in water and all of that. It kind of just naturally goes up and and does that. And I don't know if you've ever eaten a meal and then like hours later you just like do a burban like, wow, that was that meal I had? You know that long ago? So I would think that that gases and uncomfortable things, and like that is what burps are for. Soe have you got anything?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know. You are implying that farting is only to do with fecal matter.
Speaker 3: I feel like, is like we can cover it out, Okay, I feel like it's a misconception because I don't know. I mean, yes, yes, that is. Does you know that happens first and then you know second part happens.
Speaker 1: Later the bowels open.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, no I am forbidden to look upon.
Speaker 3: But like it doesn't always mean that, and it's like your natural, your way once you get past the stomach. You know how long it takes you to digest food. You're talking about how like a few hours later you burp and you can smell that same food.
Speaker 5: That you'd had two hours later.
Speaker 3: It takes a good like twenty four hours, takes twelve hours, you know, to process through your stomach kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Yes, so like it's you know what passed that twelve hours? You're down to the you can't go back.
Speaker 3: You know, there's valves there, there are sphincters, there are you can't go past.
Speaker 1: That is cleaning up outdoors okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's like it's like, well, which way we're going to go, we may as well just go the way that we're going, And it's like it helps pain and everything.
Speaker 5: I understand what you're saying, why can't we just burp? But I feel like, so the definity is last, the point of no return.
Speaker 2: It's like you have to just continue going, right, So I kind of what I was saying. Then everything above the stomach is burbs in your intestinal track, yeah, and then below the stomach, where it's finished being digested or going past the digestive process is gas.
Speaker 5: Pain is one of the worst pains you can ever have.
Speaker 1: Have you had I would disagree, Yes, I have gas paine.
Speaker 5: It can be very very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Of childbirth for one.
Speaker 1: I'd say extreme sunburn is the worst pain I've ever experienced.
Speaker 2: I've had a really bad splinter once.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's all suggestive, but yeah, yeah, because like that, when your stomach is working away grinding down all the food that you've had, and you've got, like John said, like your stomach acids at work and stuff like that is there. I don't know if we need to come up with a different word to make it a bit the bubbles is the actual function there, meaning that something has gone wrong or that your stomach is working in a way harder than it needs to be, Like if the food you're eating is overly like fatty or oily or greasy or something, sure, right, but like there are some foods that seems like cabbage and things like that, especially with like babies and stuff, they get like really upset tommies even through like breast milk. If if mums had cabbage and stuff like that. But yeah, to me, it seems like a rather useless feature. It's not helping to clean out things like mucus does and like expel have we not been recording?
Speaker 5: I don't know what happened, but it's I think we've got fourteen minutes left. I think that's what it's telling me. Yeah, sorry, that's.
Speaker 1: Some frightened for a second.
Speaker 2: That we weren't recording in that's all good this whole time?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I mean yeah, all right, but yeah, that doesn't really tell me. It's like, okay, you can have gas pain and stuff like that doesn't come out and stuff like that, but what's it actually being produced for? Like is it just a byproduct of your Okay, I.
Speaker 5: Think so it's just the byproduct of the food and the acids, like Johnny was saying.
Speaker 2: Like our smoke is a byproduct of fire. Sure, like the smoke has got.
Speaker 5: To expel some way, because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, honestly it doesn't even there are surgeries you have, you don't have to They can cut that end basically, and then they create a different kind of opening, so that and then the gas expells from the opening instead.
Speaker 2: Like it's just that I have a fat tube. I just created another opening.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they just is that elective or that's for people with really bad hang.
Speaker 3: On people cancer and like their bows are like you know, it's it's yeah, that's not elective.
Speaker 1: Okay, that changes your life, bag for your life, gotcha? Okay? Because I was I was thinking, like, okay, we like threat with our skin oils and stuff like that, and our sweat. We like excrete stuff and like exactly mucus, ear wax, all of these things.
Speaker 3: Sweat as well helps you like cool down. It's your body's way of sure like proture regulation.
Speaker 1: But whereas it seems like farts are just kind of like a byproduct yeah, I suppose, So.
Speaker 3: We don't need them to live, I guess, but they're there and they I guess we do kind of need them to live because without it, we wouldn't be having any oral intake of food or anything like that. So without food, we wouldn't fight, and that would be bad.
Speaker 1: Hmm. So really we need food or if it's like I'm saying, like what if we're actually not supposed to be consuming certain types of food that make us do that excessively, that's true.
Speaker 3: But I think still some is necessary. Funnily enough, so laparoscopic procedures keyhole procedures, the way that they do it. They usually they have like the instruments and they go in, they make the very small incisions they put in the instruments, and then they inflate your abdomen with zero two so they can see everything. So your stomach gets inflated, all the muscles and everything gets inflated so they can see everything. Quite often, postoperatively, those patients get pain because they do take out the gas, but not all of it. Sometimes it can travel to their shoulders. And one of the things that we ask patients to do mobilize walk around because all that gas will travel and then exit, and that's what we want to happen, right, So I don't know, it's not just because that's just in your.
Speaker 2: That's like, there's a technical term for that, isn't there?
Speaker 1: There has to be what a medical temper has the patient.
Speaker 2: Walk yeah, if they've done the windy walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, airwalk windy, I don't know, they're gone for a blow.
Speaker 2: I'll coin it definitely not.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well yeah, well that's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's not just that's not in their digestive track. That's in their body, I guess, and it still comes out that way.
Speaker 1: I would be satisfied one day if I get to ask God that He's like, because it's funny, all right, all the things and you wanted to ask me that.
Speaker 2: Well for me to finish off, zooey, if you could ask God one thing, what would you just one?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Well I was kind of okay, Well, I had a like curre and curable diseases.
Speaker 1: I suppose just one question, but like, why do you care so much about body restoration when you're going to die one day? Anyway? Is that?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: Surely?
Speaker 2: The big question?
Speaker 5: Asking God this question at the end of my life.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, surely you could visit me in a dream. You don't know?
Speaker 1: Mean true?
Speaker 2: I think I know. God couldn't visit you in a dream. I think you would die. I think he would send a messenger to visit you in a dream, just like the Bible.
Speaker 1: Spoke to people in dreams. And look at Daniel, That's what I was just thinking.
Speaker 2: Sure he didn't show up though he spoke to him.
Speaker 1: That's what he just said.
Speaker 2: Alright, okay, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would ask, well, if I'm going to heaven already, I'm going to see everyone I want to see, I would have more of a request. I feel like, just keep everyone safe on Earth?
Speaker 5: Will you keep everyone safe on it?
Speaker 1: For me? Sure? What? This is not enough time? For the amount of time? How much do we have left? All right? John?
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: I think I would ask, is this really all your plan?
Speaker 5: Mm hmm?
Speaker 1: Like did we deviate from the Like?
Speaker 2: Is this really what you have seen?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Is this really what it was going to be like? And you knew it? And if he's like yep, then I'd be like, sweet, all right, send your hands. Then you already knew it and you've obviously prepared, but also, like you said, I'm dead now. So but that's kind of one thing that I would want to know. I'd be like, yeah, I have this? Is this really? Is this everything? Is this all your plan? Or is it like you know, some fallen angels have happened to have created some monsters, who have you know, turned into demons? Who have you know, all of this corrupt stuff that wasn't a part of your plan or maybe not a part of your creation. Like that's kind of what I'll phrase the question a bit better when I when I meet the Big G. But it's more like how much of this is your creation? Like what we don't see? Is everything here that is here you're doing? Or is it like you knocked the first domino?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, kind of do That's interesting. I'd find it really hard to zero in on a specific question. There's so many different things that we've been told that I'd like to know, like around oh, humans only use ten percent of their brain or something. Is that actually true? It's like, no use one hundred percent of it? What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: That meaning capacity wise?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, yeah, but like is that true? I don't know like or like would what would we be like if we did use if that is true, if we did utilize all of it.
Speaker 2: Well, not to deviate too far now, because we're reaching the end here, but your brain actually does have the opportunity to create and use the space that it has for incredible things. In fact, there's a small window for dementia patients when they're about to die where their brain knows they're about to die and puts all of their energy into firing up all of these old connections and even the ones which are like physically not connected anymore. It just finds a way around it. They remember everything again, like all of their kids, all the names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen that, like like how to ride a bike, like and they can barely walk, but you can hop on a bike and just cycle the bike around.
Speaker 2: But I'm talking about there's it's when they're about to die a dementia patient. I don't think it's every time either. I think it kind of very much depends, but it's your Yeah, this last and final boot of power that your brain sends out, which kind of just everything works, but it's all like burning down, running at overclocked speeds, full capacity, m like way past what it's able to do. But it's cool that your brain has the ability to do that, and like without you even choosing to. It's kind of like it's emergency response. So yes, we actually do have the power to use our brains at more capacity.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: You don't have to go to God for that one, all right?
Speaker 1: Then I would ask like, were we one of very Were we one of so many different experiments that you did? Are there like a whole other universes where things went differently?
Speaker 2: Multi universes? That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Are there multi universes? Or are we the only one even in our universe? Were we the only planet with? Yeah people on it?
Speaker 2: We'll never know?
Speaker 1: Email in God? Please never got to use that one. We get a verified email from God, that'd be nice heaven dot com. Just like the subject line is delete this.
Speaker 2: It'd be like I don't know from the cloud in nice? Okay, Well turns down to gim dot com. Be careful, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be very careful, and we never lose. The tenets of the show are getting harder and harder to like stick to, so we're building this.
Speaker 9: Let's coach chum repeat.
Speaker 10: Then the mic lights up big out. He is dancing in a paper cup. Fans get fresh, joke clean. Every episode feels like a fever dream and.
Speaker 9: Something insane and saying the sacty for read Cliff Lomo side on time in.
Speaker 2: Front of.
Speaker 9: Shut What if you get basic? Thanks for give us. It makes you stuff feel like stop stop stop stop A
Speaker 8: Zero