Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Game Mess Mornings with Me Jeff Grubb, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're gonna be talking about a rough launch for a new PC game and executives are getting excited about streaming again. Oh no, it's gonna be a good one because we have Jason Bonelli on the show. Jason, how are you doing on Finelli Friday?
Speaker 2: It's a good Finelle Friday. Feeling good. Hope you are too. As you can see, I'm in my Philadelphia tuxedo going down to the ballpark this evening. It is a fine utly Wall of Fame night. Oh that's great. The most I think this is the most excited my wife has been to go to a baseball game in the regular season ever. We bought these tickets in March. This is our favorite player of all time. She is very, very excited to go see this. We are leaving for the ballpark at three point thirty for a six forty first pitch because she wants to see all of the pregame stuff and I am very much looking forward to it as well. Other than that, it's it's a normal time where you you were slowly creeping into the busy release season, but some of that seems to have leaked out and gotten to me.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I mean, I am, and there's no embargo on this so I can say this. I am currently reviewing Marvel took On for game Spot and Madden for IGN. So I went from nothing to everything in the span of two hours.
Speaker 3: It really is. Madden is always the one.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh yeah, review season his year, like that is all the games start coming out after that point. Alex and Bar always used to say that, and that's that's still true. We see John Madden, we see him see a shadow, and then that means it's time to get to get to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead, Now this year, did you see Nicholas Cage as John Madden in those in those trailers?
Speaker 3: I've seen it a little bit. I need to, like, Yeah, I need is there a new trailer.
Speaker 2: I think something came out yesterday. I think it was the other day before something came out earlier this week that I haven't had a chance. I haven't a chance to see it yet either. I am oddly curious about that one. I really am. It's gonna be a weird one man.
Speaker 1: You're going to the baseball game, like remind me, Like the Tigers won like four or five since they traded Schooble, and I think the Dodgers maybe on a full losing strike since then.
Speaker 2: So uh, hopefully hopefully God's punishing them. That's all I can Maybe maybe it's him, Maybe it's not you, Maybe it's him.
Speaker 1: Absolutely it has to be what it is, all right. Let's see here, let's explain ourselves. We're Giant Bomb, a bunch of internet video game doofs is just doing fun stuff on the internet around video games. But we need your help to do it. Go to giant bomb dot com slash join, become a premium member. If you do, you ensure the future of independent games media. We can keep doing things our way with your help. It really does make a huge difference. Thank you to everybody who does support us. It gets you add for versions of our show, gets you a premium exclude stuff. We have a lot of cool stuff in the work, so definitely don't miss out on that. Join up right now so you could be a part of it going forward. We got a lot of cool stuff planned for sure. I'm I'm working on something myself right now I haven't told anybody about, but I'm like, I got a bunch of things I'm putting together, like trying to design a shirt and things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be fun. I'm gonna see legos you talked about last week. You finally build them.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the Lego knives, and I'll make these guys fight together. It's gonna be great and we can all bet on it. It's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, awesome.
Speaker 1: As far as this show goes, most weekdays, I Jeff Greb will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you're watching live on twitch welcome, You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for game Mes Mornings, or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Hello YouTube. All right, we have a.
Speaker 1: Lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with Marvel. Tocon launches to an abysmal forty four percent rating on Steam specifically. This is from Kenneth Shepper over at Kataku. I guess it's not too surprising that Marvel Tokon Fighting Souls. Arc system works new anime fighter pitting Marvel heroes against each other is having a rough launch on PC.
Speaker 3: The game's open beta.
Speaker 1: Struggled on the platform, and that was only a couple of weeks prior to yesterday's launch. The bad word of mouth has seemingly caught up to it, as the game has launched with just a little over half the day one players on Steam that Dragon Ball Fighter Z, also developed by Arc system Works had at launch in twenty eighteen. Tocon's player count on Steam landed at around twenty four thousand.
Speaker 3: That's compares to the forty four thousand of Fighters Z.
Speaker 1: This is a Sony game, and thus it is also on PlayStation five, so it stands to reason that there's not a not insignificant number of people playing on the console. Since the open beta last month, players have been reporting the game is oddly very demanding on PC, which some have theorized maybe in part to the due to the game requiring a PlayStation network sign in and thus running more back end programs that are eating up CPU and memory. People also think that it's the anti chat. In conjunction with that, it seems to be a real, real demanding on everything. Kotaku's own test of the open beta, however, show the game is just demanding on its own. For instance, the game often hogged upwards of ninety five percent of my CPU and occasionally as much as five thousand megabytes of my PC's physical memory. Lewis Parker wrote for Kataku on of his experience with the beta, six separate versions of the PlayStation PC SDK runtime application also booted when starting the game, although these had very minimal impact on my CPU and memory. Now the full game is out, it doesn't sound like performance troubles have improved much in the two weeks since the testing phase. Linux users seem to be especially having trouble running the game at all. Just kind of won't basically won't boot for them. The game is horribly optimized and they should have pushed the game the push the PC, but released back until they figured this out. A Steam steam user review reads, I played Teken Street Fight Er six on Ultra and never to blow sixty frames per second. This is sad because I want to recommend this game due to the amount of fun it is, but realistically it's in such a bad spot at the moment. Wait for a hot fix before purchasing. This morning, Arc system Works put out a statement thinking fans for playing on launch day and noted is it is investigating problems with Token's PC version, but it didn't owe any specific issue it was looking into. Yeah, it seems it seems like a real unfortunate situation that these problems were widely known by people who were playing in those betas, widely reported. A lot of people are like, Okay, hopefully they get that fixed up before launch. They probably will. Here we are that didn't happen. The game seems pretty busted on PC in a lot of ways. I played it offline yesterday and that wasn't on the PC wasn't too bad.
Speaker 3: And I let the shaders go. I think that's a big part. Don't play.
Speaker 1: Let the shaders build themselves, pre build on the game first. I think a lot of people are probably having performance issues specifically because of that. But if you have a BVPC, you're probably like, I shouldn't need to really do that, like without like and expect to you know, maybe I won't get perfect performance, maybe there'll be some hitches here and there, but it's way worse than that according to a lot of people. And then this Linux thing that means this thing won't boot on Steam deck, it won't boot on Steam machines.
Speaker 3: You got a shiny new Steam machine.
Speaker 1: This thing gets released on Steam, you expect it to work, and it just doesn't.
Speaker 2: Kind of a mess. On PC, it seems like, yeah, which is a shame. I did find it interesting that review code did not go out until launch day for this one. Yeah A, now it makes sense, and be everyone I heard that got code it was all PlayStation code. Anyway, I am reviewing the game on PlayStation. That PlayStation five is my copy, and I have not had but one issue once the game downloaded. I will say, I don't know if they fixed this yet, but when it first when the codes first dropped at eleven am yesterday, if you installed the game on PlayStation, you would have gotten the play game right. And on PlayStation there's a difference between playing the game and when it's ready to play. But it's still downloading things. This said play game, which is usually the one hundred percent indicator, but it was still downloading things in the background. So if you went in, you chose your language, you confirmed what language you wanted the game to be in, and then it looped back into the booting and it just did that over and over again until everything installed. That was the only hitch that I have seen so far.
Speaker 1: And that that play early like, well, it's still downloading thing. God, I never trust that work. It almost never does. And I've been playing both offline and online. I found a group of good folks Kenny Shepherd, Jesse Vittelli, John Carson, and the like in a discord group last night. We were trading back and forth in the little I think it was. Ken made a room and then we all joined the room and there's four consoles in there, so eight people can play at a time, with one spectating waiting for the first one off. Really cool set up. There, no hitches at all. Play was playing games as if we were in the same room. Really really felt good. But I I just.
Speaker 2: I think there's still from a technical standpoint, it's frustrating because they saw all these things were coming into beta, they had the opportunity to delay, and they didn't. Are kind of working off the seat of their pants here, But I feel like with fighting games in particular, there has always been the sentiment that they are console heavy, and that has shifted. I feel like PC fighting games have really risen in the past maybe decade or so, definitely so to the to where they're I'm starting to consider them like the premiere platform for fighting games. So I don't I think that even our system works. So it has never been good at PC ports to begin with. Let's be fair, may even be surprised by how many people wanted to play this game on PC. And I also too, am wondering how much PlayStation's interference or maybe in the back end, as was mentioned here, might be having that issue too, because PlayStation was never good at PC ports either historically. It just seems like a perfect storm of subpar PC port capabilities has created this mess, and we're not sure when exactly we're going to be able to dig it day out.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, and it does seem like, you know, to the point of the story, like no one ever really had any issues with playing these games or booting it up on Linux or whatever when it was Dragonball Fighter Z, right, that's all that stuff works just fine, And it does seem to be like, well, PlayStation is publishing this, there is the PlayStation, the PlayStation app has to launch, the PlayStation anticheat needs to be approved.
Speaker 3: Which you know, I think we're all.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that the anti cheat is the exact thing that is preventing it from booting on Linux. Really, right, that's it. That's a story that's as old as as time at this point. So it's like that is just PlayStation not caring about that. I'm letting Arc system Works off the off the hook here a little bit. I don't know for sure, but this definitely seems mostly like PlayStation because when we look back at Arc system Works history, like, yeah, not perfect PC ports, but they have had issues like this before. I'll say, when I put it up on PC, I installed it. I didn't I didn't like not click any approval things, I didn't miss anything.
Speaker 3: I just installed it on Steam like normal.
Speaker 1: It didn't even install the PlayStation back end app, and then it yelled at me for not having that installed.
Speaker 3: It's hey, it's not installed. Where is it. I'm like, bitch on it. That's your job. It's about yeah, what are you doing here? Yeah, And if.
Speaker 2: People are trying trying to maybe say that PlayStation wasn't as involved as Arc system Works. Sure, Arc system Works developed the game, but when you boot this thing up, before you see the Arc system Works logo, you see the first party PlayStation logo with all of the symbols a mission game and it's a PlayStation game. Do not discount how much they are involved in this. So I am not surprised if it's that, If it's Arc system Works just not having as much experience. They do have experience, don't get me wrong, They've ported all these things, but they've always had sorts of hiccups. They've never been very good at the PC port. Again, that Perfect Storm just kind of revolving around which is which is a fun game. It's very unfortunate. As somebody said in chat, I wonder how long it's going to take them to dig out of this.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think like that Perfect Storm aspect is worth mentioning Jason, because it's like, sure.
Speaker 3: Maybe PlayStation is the source of these problems.
Speaker 1: Arc system Works ability to navigate them though is always likely. They haven't done this sort of thing before with PlayStation and getting the PlayStation stuff working on PC, and so it's like they're going to rely on Sony to come through on that, and maybe they don't even know exactly what they what they need from them because they haven't done that before and it's not like they're PC experts. So yeah, now I don't I'm hoping. I'm imagining this is not going to be a long term problem. They do get these things fixed pretty quickly. They want this game to do well on PC. They released it on PC for a reason, as you mentioned, that is a growing segment of the fighting game market is happening on that platform. So they can't let this forty four percent you know, mostly negative or like it's I think it's like fully negative rating on Steam.
Speaker 3: Stand that is something you have to do something.
Speaker 1: About because that is a scarlet letter this game will carry, and it will hurt the sales.
Speaker 3: Without a doubt, it'll hurt the sales.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you when they're going to have it ready by at the very least, you know, and that's going to be it's gonna be October eighth. You know why October eighth because EVO France is October ninth through eleven. Marvel Tokn is a feature game there, and oh they don't own Evo anymore, do they Now they don't own Evo any more. Well, still they don't want it to look bad on a on a public platform like that.
Speaker 1: And they're still very like, yeah, they're still very much involved in that where it's like they know the fighting game scene is super important, Like they just did that update for the PlayStation the PlayStation system where it's like, uh, like you can lock down the bluetooth so it's less interference when there's like fifteen PlayStations in a room together, so that when you're like at a fighting game tournament, things pair more easily or something like that. So so yeah, they're they're aware of that. Well, okay, but what do you what do you said? You played some of the games so far. I know you're you're gonna you're trying to play it for review, So what do you think of it so far?
Speaker 2: I am really enjoying the fighting system once I train my brain to get out of the be first to hit every time. Marvel versus Capcom sort of approach that I used to take this one is like in Matt Marvel's Capcom three, you would have your your your combo progression light, light, medium, heavy, pop up and then go up from there. This one has more of a like you can do all lights, you can do all mediums, you can do all heavies. You can do light, medium, heavy, but you're not going to get as many hits out of it. You have to really work in the entire kit, plus the special moves which are done Smash Brother style press a button and a direction or press a button neutral, So that takes working that in to the speed of a Marvel fighting game like this. It's taken some adjustment, but not at the games detriment, at my own, detriment at my own to learn the new system. But once I got it down and I started figuring out characters that I am gelling with to create my four person team, it's really starting to sing. I like Penny Parker in her big Spider mach, I like Miss Marvel a lot.
Speaker 3: I like Black.
Speaker 2: Panther here, surey is really cool, and I'm still trying to find that fourth slot. It's magic at the moment, but I'm really feeling magic all that much. But I I really am enjoying my time with it. I have a lot more to dig into. I haven't done any of the campaign yet. I haven't done any broad online. I only did that room match. I went into the open lobby and it seemed to work fine. But I haven't done any of the like like just challenging a random person yet. But but so far, so good, so far in the like two three hours I had with it last night and a little bit this morning, so I'm feeling okay.
Speaker 1: I uh yeah, I just went through the tutorial and then I couldn't do any shit else because I didn't have the PlayStation things.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what do I do here?
Speaker 1: I think I might have to fully reinstall this game if that I have other a few games I could be playing, and I'm gonna go to bed and deal with I've wasps in my basement, Jason, That's what I'm doing. Oh no, I think it's okay. I like, I did. I got the toxic dust that I call it TI.
Speaker 3: I got them. It's called tempo dust. They're under my.
Speaker 1: Yeah exact, they're in my unright aluminum siding. And I got like a little bulb thing and sprayed that underneath the aluminum siding. And I'm like, I didn't really notice anything. And then I came in the basement and there were like four or five seemingly very confused wasps, like what is going on? And I guess that's normal. They like when that happens, they the hive collapses and they look for a place to go, and then they're there inside, and I googled it like, yeah, those ones are on borrow time. And then I woke up this morning and they were all dead, So problem solved. I dealt with that instead, basically, all right, let's.
Speaker 3: Keep going here.
Speaker 1: Machine Games in ID Software celebrate Quakes thirtieth anniversary with a brand new episode. This is pretty cool. Machine Games and ID released a Dawn of the Machine, a completely free new Quake campaign celebrating the original game's thirtieth anniversary. It has nineteen maps, secrets, a new soundtrack, time bending progression mechanics, and a new deathmatch map. It's available through the Modern Quake release across Xbox, PlayStation, PC, and Switch. Switch To plays it via backward compatibility.
Speaker 3: Cool, you know Quake on's happening.
Speaker 1: I hope that people are like finding a way to like still be very happy and have good vibes around that game despite what's happening over at ID with the layoffs recently, stuff like this It's like, yeah, man, they just do cool stuff with ID and ID games like Quake, these Matt packs, these episodes they've done for various games. They've done this for Quake, They've done this for Doom. Such a cool way to kind of keep that community happy and give them something to dig into. And this sounds, according to a lot of people who I think are like looked at it like very substantial.
Speaker 3: It's a neat thing to do, right.
Speaker 2: It is an interesting sort of approach to add new content to older games, in this case a very old game, but also like Ghost Recon wild Lands and know if you saw that Yesterday is getting a new expansion after being what that game's what they're celebrating the twenty fifth a diversity of the franchise. That particular game is twenty two thirteen. Yes, yeah, if memory serves so. I wonder if companies now are starting to figure out this nostalgia thing where they can just go in if they still have the source code, and keep adding to these older games, and maybe they can open up this new bit of revenue. And I hate to sound all cold and corporate about it, but this is Xbox. I kind of have to be I think it's really cool for the Quake fans and if it feels like that original game, if it emulates what they were feeling back when they were playing it the first time.
Speaker 3: Great it is also free? Is it free? Yes? So think that that's even better.
Speaker 2: You either get people to reinstall and start playing Quake again, or you get people who were curious to begin with to download it for the first time and play Quake, which they might have never done before, and that opens up the possibility of maybe expanding with a brand new Quake. Maybe that's one of the games in the pipeline. Who knows. I think this is really cool and more company should.
Speaker 1: And at the very least, and we've talked about Machine Games doing this sort of thing before with various d properties, especially Quake. It just keeps them sharp, right, Well, they just went back Machine Games. The team that's doing the new Wolf and Stein they did Idiana Jones. They just went back and made a bunch of new Quake levels, which you like.
Speaker 3: It just gets you in that.
Speaker 1: Design mindset of like, man, what would be cool for Quake, and it like if that's the team that eventually like does go back and does something new with Quake. Well, now, they have a lot of experience making Quake now, and it's it's not like this is fake experience or doesn't count because it's an expansion to an older game.
Speaker 3: It's that that's not how it works.
Speaker 1: This they made more Quake, and it's I think it will pay dividends in the future. I continue to think this is such a good idea good use of resources. When you have people that maybe aren't working on other stuff, get them, get them on a project like this so that they can stretch their legs. They can sort of like use those design muscles and really be like, hey, we have a demanding and discerning audio and when it comes to Quick, people who have been playing that game for a long time, what can we do to wow them?
Speaker 3: What can we do to impress them?
Speaker 1: And when they start thinking in that mindset, I think it really does challenge them to do something cool. And by all accounts from people who have played all the stuff, I played a handful of what Machine Games has done for these games, and I've been I was impressed. But people who are super into Quick seem to really love what Machine Games has done, and I think that speaks to their ability to kind of do anything with any of these games, but especially if they are the ones to take on Quake. We'll see what that really means. And boomer shooters are hot now right Ever since Dusk, I would say, since New Blake came out with Dusk, that seems to be a rising genre. Again, who who's to say they don't do this with Doom Could you imagine a new subsection of the original Doom engine that would be sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to say that they did do something like that. Maybe it was Doomed too. I want to Doom Machine games. I feel like they did something like that, but maybe not. Maybe it was all quake. All right, let's uh, let's take a break at Actually, we're gonna take a quick break. Then we get back. We'll get to the rest of these headlines. If you want to skip out on these ad messages, we offer you a way to do that on giant bomb dot com. If you go to GiantBomb dot com slush join and become a premium member, you can find the ad free version of the show. There, go ahead, pick that up instead. We will be right back. All right, We're back. It's Game mess Mornings. Jeff Grub, Jason Finelli. Let's get into this next story here on Finelle Friday, Devolver Digital wants to go private again following a ninety five percent collapse in its share price. This is from John Walker at Kotaku. It seemed like an odd decision at the time when when indie publisher the Devolver Digital of Hotline Miami tell us principle Baby Steps Fame announced it was going to launch an IPO listing itself on the London Stock Exchanges Alternative Investment market in twenty twenty one, valued at nine hundred and fifty million dollars. Devolver CEO Douglas Morin said at the time, and IPO was the right choice for us to ensure our continued growth and support even more wonderful games today, Game Developers of reports the website Game Developer Reports Devolver intends to dlist and become a private company once more because the global video game industry has undergone a period of significant disruption and volatility. It also happens to be the case that the company's shares are currently valued at just forty five million dollars compared to that nine hundred fifty million dollar IPO. Colossal ninety five point three percent wipeout. In a statement posted to investors on August sixth, Devolver laid out it's planned to get delisted from the UK based Stock Exchange, as well as a proposed return of capital of up to five million of cash to qualifying shareholders and holders of depository interest by way of a tender offer, subject subject to approval by shareholders. This is a very different type of language for a company that is best known for its outlandish stunts, Maverick advertising campaigns and a deliberately offensive fictional CFO spokesperson in the form of Fork Parker. In a far more serious frame of mind, to Volver explained its rationale for this move to Volver is. During this time, navigated a number of operational market headwinds, including several impairments of under performing titles, amid an increasingly competitive and unpredictable market environment. As a publicly quoted company, Devolver has faced the ongoing challenge of delivering growth in line with market expectations despite those difficult sector conditions, resulting in evaluation disconnect that does not take account of the lifetime and longtail revenue delivery inherent of the video In the video game business, the company, this is no longer a quote. The company believes it will save one point six million dollars each year by going private again, and argues that its current share price, which has plunged to just seven point fifteen seven pounds I think or no, I'm sorry, pence wow, Okay, seven point fifteen pence, So that's like ten cents overnight since the announcement. It's and then it's representative of deliverer's actual value. They said, that's not representive their actual value. Excuse me, okay, Jason. This is kind of where we're at in the industry right now, right twenty twenty one. The sky's the limit. Why wouldn't you go public? That's like we are going to grow infinitely. Everyone thought that, The big companies thought that. The little companies thought that these middle of the road publishers that you know are not the PlayStations, but also are not just like scraping by one game at a time. Everyone thought that, and then the reality check comes in and now here we are that they have to find some other way of going forward, and it's like, yeah, going public actually never really made sense, and that is especially obvious in twenty twenty six, right.
Speaker 2: Correct, and they were riding the high as the article continues of Fall Guys the year before in twenty twenty, which is maybe number two on the list of COVID games behind Animal Crossing. Yeah, game, I don't think sees a success that it does if not for COVID. It's fun, don't get me wrong, but not where it was not even close.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 2: Do understand why they're doing it now. I find them to be very fortunate to be able to still do this and not just fold because ninety five point three is a number I expect to hear when I turn on a radio station, not involving loss percentages for a video game company.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 2: Hope that this works out for them. I hope that there's something not coming on behind the scenes where this might be too little, too late. But also probably didn't help that while yes, they published Fall Guys and it became very successful, Epic then bought Media Tonic and assumed all of that revenue, and then other than I mean, Devolver has always made good indie games, Don't get me wrong, They've been around for a very long time. I love Hotline Miami. I loved to hate Baby Steps as much as I enjoyed playing Baby Steps.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you could agree with that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I understand, But but they're indie games, and indie games, unless they are the breakout hit of the year, have a ceiling.
Speaker 3: They just do right.
Speaker 2: And and when you're specializing in a bunch of ceilings, one may break through, but the rest of them are just gonna sit and you're only gonna get so high. The floor might be high, but then the ceiling is still there and you just have to work within that house to keep the house metaphor going. I hope it works out.
Speaker 1: I do, yes, And it's like the metas changed right where it's like, you know this, Devolver Digital did specialize in like game ra ass games, and we're gonna put out some some really cool stuff that has a voice, and you're gonna recognize that voice. You're gonna see a game and be like, oh, this feels like a Devolver Digital game, and then you'll look at the badges and it's like, oh, there's Devolver Digital.
Speaker 3: I knew it. And that definitely still has its place.
Speaker 1: But if you're talking about an ability to grow and make money, like you know, you look at a studio slash publisher sort of situation like Agrocrab, where it's like they have that the Crab, and they're like they're like, hey, now we're gonna make a peak this friends slop game. And now we're doing that, we have another one, the crash Out Crew, and they sort of just have these smash hits that like suddenly they have a way of replicating that, and it's like, oh, they found a way to have an indie game formula that doesn't have that ceiling that you were speaking speaking to. So Devolver hasn't really seemingly caught up to that, and I kind of did. I don't necessarily want them to. I want them to keep doing their thing, and it does seem like going private. They say, well, enable them to do that, but of course it's you know, they don't have much of a choice here either.
Speaker 2: Right, Somebody in chat. J. Cannon sixty four mentions to Madacci sold eight million cozy COVID games still popular. There's a big difference, my friend, between Toe Madocci Life and a ran new ip coming from Devolver Digital two. In fact one, Tomodacci, despite being in the lower portion of the portfolio, is a franchise, right It has had multiple games, multiple successful before. Yeah, yeah, right, not bad two And this is the important one. It has the Nintendo machine behind it. Devolver Digital does not have the Nintendo machine behind it, right, So that that marketing, the the you know, you know what I'm saying that Nintendo has the ability to make these smaller, more niche franchises into sales juggernauts because they also make the system. So these games are optimized for the system that they're coming out on. They're exclusives. Yeah, it's apples and oranges if you ask me, so, I get it. I get where you're coming from. But it's apples and oranges.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think, like, you know, when we look at the peaks of the COVID boom that led to something like Animal Crossing doing very well, it's like, yeah, the a lot of those people did buy systems and they're still playing in Tomadachi Life was it's a switch one game, so that it did a benefit from that. Still, Yeah, there was a marketing sort of manifestation of hey, if you're playing a game and you share stuff online, people will lap that stuff up. And that did get built up over COVID and and really has not gone away.
Speaker 3: So games could still take advantage of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, smaller, smaller publishers, Devolver don't really have have never really had access to that. That's not how that works for their games. Their games always worked on word of mouth from people who really play video games all the time and are looking for the next cool thing and like read game reviews and one know what, like actual critics are thinking of stuff and say, oh man, these Devolver games are getting good reviews. And that still has a pretty tough ceiling for sure.
Speaker 2: And if you want to get into where that word of mouth happened, it happened in game stores, it happened in you know, friend hangouts. Hey, you see groups, Yeah, Discord groups. Now all those Discord groups are probably playing the same live service game. They're playing Marathon, they're playing Fortnite, They're playing the games that are taking up the time. All roads lead back to that argument. Yes, I know, but it's just one. This is one other symptom of what is a well established issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they're uh penny stocks though you know they don't last long on these stock exchanges, you have to sort of get the back, get the get the usually have to get back up above a dollar. I'm not sure how it works in the London Stock Exchange, and it's it's far away from that in this moment, so they kind of just have no other choice. I'm glad this is not like and we're shutting down. I hope this is not a precursor to that or something like that. I Devolver feels like they could still make a lot of sense. Baby Steps was really i mean, was my game of the year, but also I felt like it was a pretty big hit.
Speaker 3: Is that Do they need like ten of those a year? Hopefully?
Speaker 1: Now, hopefully they could just find them here and there and then put out some other cool stuff and make that and make that work. But that is not going to lead to the kind of growth that the stock market is talking about. You know, you have to outperform the stock market, right because if you are one of these things, it's like, oh, this is the problem with Xbox is they were like, we're still growing, but we're growing slowly, and it's like, yeah, the return needs to be much bigger because someone can just go put their money into you know, a a an index fund or whatever that gets eight percent you know a year kind of automatically, and if you're not outperforming that, then what's the point. You're actually below the average and you don't make a lot of sense. So yeah, that's always going to be tough for these companies that don't have a lot of.
Speaker 3: Resources to work with. Yes, all right, let's shift over to Hollywood.
Speaker 1: The Legend of Zelda, a live action movie may have found it's Gannendorf. This is from Eddie McCoo at game Spot. The live action The Legend of Zelda movie from Sony, Pitchers and Nintendo has already cast its Link and Zelda, But what about all the other roles? A new report claims that Australian actor Uli Ladu Kefus for the TV series Young Rock, will play the villain Gannendorf. I think he played like twenty year old or eighteen year old Young Rocks.
Speaker 3: He was the titular Young Rock. Okay.
Speaker 1: He was like just straight like the like for the bulk of the story. It was h he was playing it.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure. Yah.
Speaker 2: When he was like up and coming, I think you said eighteen, twenty year old just getting started in wrestling.
Speaker 3: He was that guy. Okay.
Speaker 1: This is according to veteran Hollywood reporter Kyle Buchanan of The New York Times. He said he's been hearing that Latsu Kefu got the role, but it's not yet officially confirmed by the studio. Deadline also reported on the casting, going on to say he made a multi movie deal. In terms of confirmed casting, we already know that Bo Bragason is playing Zelda and Benjamin Evan Ainsworth is playing Link photos and links from the set appeared to suggest that Severance actor Dyken Lachman may be playing Empa.
Speaker 3: She looks just like Empa.
Speaker 1: So yeah, probably we have a follow up story on that here in a second. But yeah, they've not officially announced any of this yet. This stuff is starting to like get out there with suggest to me, like we gotta be weeks, months, days away from a trailer or a teaser something.
Speaker 3: What do you think.
Speaker 2: Let's not forget that the cast of the Super Mario movie, the first one was announced storing Anintendo direct, so we have that potentially September Nintendo direct time could be something that we could do because that came out in April.
Speaker 1: Not skipping that direct, there's no way they don't have a big direct when that price increase happens.
Speaker 3: So there's gonna be something there that has to be Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so, and I believe that the first Mario movie came out April first when it came out, so this is April thirty. If the timing length, so I the timing links. I just I did that to myself. Oh boys, wow, all right, but no, but first and foremost, this guy looks the part. He is a big imposing figure. Although in one of my slack chats, somebody was like, I thought Ganandorf was supposed to be an ugly krone and then he had to be corrected that Tears of the Kingdom Ganandorf could get it, and it sounds like it sounds like that's what they're going for here. But then yeah, I mean I think I think he if he can have this big, imposing Gannendorf, I will kill you sort of. Look, that's all he needs. I'm sure he can deliver the lines. Fine, he's not going to be Matt Mercer. Nobody's Matt Mercer. But as long as he is, you know, like stoic.
Speaker 3: And and and calm and imposing when he needs to be, and then psychotic when.
Speaker 2: He needs to be. If he has the look, that's ninety percent of it. As far as Ganandorf is concerned, I do agree that, Yeah, he just needs to be especially next to Bo Braggason and Benjamin Evan.
Speaker 3: Ainsworth, who are smaller, more presence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Dylan Locke, Dicken Dyke, and Dyken Diychen.
Speaker 3: I don't know, miss Casey, it does exactly that. That's one hundred percent perfect for input like she has real shoot elfears. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Uh, but yeah, I get more and more excited about this movie as it approaches. I know I'm going to have to get over the hurdle of link speaking. Everyone's going to have to do that. He's going to talk, folks. They're not going to have a silent protagonist in the friggin movie. Just be ready for it. And once we get past that, I think we might have a cool movie on our hands.
Speaker 1: Yep, absolutely to that point. Sam Neil filmed the Legend of Zelda role prior to death. This is Sir Matt Grobar at Deadline. This is one of their exclusives. Earlier today, news broke that Australia's Uli Latu Quefu has landed the villain role of Gannendorf in the Legend of Zelda Movie from Nintendo and Sony. Now sources tell us that the late Sam Neil also will appear in the film. Reps for Sony couldn't be reached for comment, nor could Neil's former reps. The project, which wrapped in April, will mark one of Neil's final screen performances, if not the last. It's not yet clear who he plays. Neil died in or died on July thirteenth, at seventy eight. Other new additions to the Zelda movie include that when we mentioned Dyken Lachman and then the Handmaid's Handmaid Tales, Yvonne Strahovski she's gonna play an unnamed queen, so a little weird unnamed queen. Yeah, like because we haven't seen a lot of queen characters.
Speaker 3: Sort of.
Speaker 2: My camera's freaking now, I think this is uh no, you're right. Yeah, it's the Wasps, the Wasps Revenge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Max's Bedroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Yvonne Strahovsky remind me she was Miranda Lawson in Mass Effect.
Speaker 3: That's correct. Yes, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's a that's a cool pool And she's a random queen. Now are we have we decided? Are they following Breath of the Wild, Tears of the Kingdom.
Speaker 1: I think so we don't know yet, but like, no, no, I think a lot of us are kind of looking at what little information we have and we're gonna we're like, they are probably mostly pulling excuse me, from ocker En of Time and then filling in everything else from all the other games. And then I think this is like it would be like a tier list where they're mostly going to fill in from Breath of the Wie Like if they have to like fill in stuff visually, if aesthetically, if they have to like have a character have more of a backstory, they'll they'll kind of just pull from Breath of the Wild.
Speaker 2: But that, okay, that is my guess is trying to I'm trying to slot in where sam Neil could fit in.
Speaker 3: I mean, it could be like he could be the King, right, he could be.
Speaker 1: The like the king that shows up at the beginning of Breath of the Wild.
Speaker 2: Right, he would have made a great happy mask salesman. I want him to be I want him to be Tingle. I want to just put that man in the Tingle costume.
Speaker 3: Let him just Tingle.
Speaker 2: We talked, We've talked about this now, but I link's uncle from Link to the past.
Speaker 3: That's a good idea. Yeah for Sam Neil, that's a good point. Yeah, that's good. That is a that's a that's a good call. Chat.
Speaker 2: I'm now getting more excited to learn about this film. Right, It's always been there in the periphery, but like ever since again indor off announcement and now this, I'm like, all right, we are within a year. I didn't realize that we're within nine months eight months of this movie coming out.
Speaker 3: Let's let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's get this big price increase direct happening, get the cast announced in there, tell us who Keegan Michael Key is voicing in this one, and then let's let's do this thing.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I'm just hearing like, oh yeah, they got that Gannendorf guy for in a multi movie deal.
Speaker 3: They have faith in this. They they seem to think this thing is gonna work.
Speaker 1: I think they all everyone involved knows if it hits, it could hit big. This could be a massive fantasy money maker. And I do appreciate that they are kind of like just trying to make it as much like Lord of the Rings as possible in terms of the production where it's like, let's just go to New Zealand, let's get let's get a handful of actors from Australia and New Zealand to fill out our casts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that worked for them.
Speaker 2: I look forward to the YouTube channels that will arise after this movie comes out. Comparing Lord of the Ring shots and Zelda shots based on the scenery in the background.
Speaker 1: Resolutely, there's going to be there's gonna be overlap there for sure. All right, Take two had its earnings. Take two sticks to annual bookings. Outlook says it's on track for GTA six November launch.
Speaker 3: I think we could figure that out now.
Speaker 1: This is from Reuters, But basically the story here though is like they said pre orders are doing very well. They were like, hey, pre orders were like started and they're doing very well, extremely well. They didn't give any numbers. They did say that their first the first fiscal quarter into June thirtieth and netbookings stood at one point three nine billion, which was a touch above market estimates of one point three eight billion. A lot of people in mind were like, hey, grand theft Auto six pre orders has already made one point three nine billion.
Speaker 3: Dollars that's not that's not what that is. This is a different thing.
Speaker 1: In fact, most of the money for preordering has not happened yet, right like that that doesn't get processed until the game, Like ships from like Amazon or whatever, it doesn't get processed by you know, game stop and they take five dollars deposit, but they don't give that money over to them until the disc happened.
Speaker 3: Right stop doesn't sell games anymore.
Speaker 1: That's all right, yeah, right exactly, the Funko pop deposit.
Speaker 3: I meant to say.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so they're like, we're making money now and then we expect to make around like god, I think they put it at eight point two billion.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, here it is Take two set it.
Speaker 1: It expects fiscal two thousand or twenty twenty seven bookings of eight billion to eight point two billion. Analyst on average work expecting that number to be eight point eight six billion. So it's a little bit under what analysts thought. That is just take two being conservative. So they can really beat that number and look very strong. So they're on track to do you know, big things there. There were some other stuff here. They did talk about the price once more. Take two defense GTA six is eighty dollars price calls it phenomenal value. This is from Darren Bontus at game Spot. While most of Take two Interactive's games are priced at seventy dollars, which became a much more common MSRP for new releases from twenty twenty onwards, GTA six is one of a handful of titles that will retail for eighty dollars, a price that the publisher believes is a phenomenal value for the open world game. Speaking to investors following the release of Take Two's quarterly earnings, CEO Strauss Zelnick addressed a query about how the publisher had landed on an eighty dollars price point for GTA six. Zelnick echoed previous statements made regarding the value proposition of GTA six and how the publisher is aiming to over deliver on.
Speaker 3: The value attached to that title.
Speaker 1: Our goal is to deliver way more value to consumers than we charge them, Zelnick said. The truth is that the real cost of a triple A video game as a whole is a lot lower today than it was twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah. The same thing we've heard a bunch of times.
Speaker 1: But you know, new games from Take two have come out and have been priced at seventy dollars, like NBA two K twenty seven came out or got priced at least that's seventy dollars as opposed to the Grand Theft Auto six, which is eighty And I think they were asked about that as well.
Speaker 3: Not yeah, I mean Grand Theft Auto is different.
Speaker 1: He basically said, we had a lot of prices we could have chosen for Grand Theft Auto six, we went with eighty dollars, basically saying be happy it's only eighty and I think a lot of us are on there, and we know it could.
Speaker 3: Have been a lot more expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you think things are lining up for this game?
Speaker 3: For Take two?
Speaker 1: Like, where do you think the conversation is at with like the average person? Does it feel like, Yeah, people are just going to line up by this game for eighty dollars and it's going to be as big as everyone has proclaimed it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, I don't know that it's going to be industry saving because the problems with the industry are outside of Takes two's purview. I know people like to say, Grand Theft Auto six is going to save video games.
Speaker 3: No it's not.
Speaker 2: It's going to keep Take two on the top of the shorts and that's about it. But I do think that, like we here in the bubble of video game coverage and industry and being so deeply entrenched into it, forget about the sheer popularity of this thing outside of the bubble with the casuals, to use a very derisive term. These people have been looking forward to this game since that first trailer. They some of these people may be a starting a thirty day free trial or no, they don't do free trials, maybe doing a month to month Netflix subscription now just so they can watch the thing six hours early in twenty days time and then canceling it again. Do not underestimate the power of the Grand Theft Auto fan. They are numerous, and they are dedicated. They would have come out for ninety dollars, they would have come out for one hundred. Some of them probably are coming out for one hundred and more with the Deluxe editions or whatever they are. I think it's one hundred and what. I don't know what they one is, I can't remember, but yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this one.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get the people who haven't played a video game, who bought a PS five or Xbox at launch and they play Madden on it, and they play two K on it, and maybe Call of Duty as well. You're gonna get those people. There are a lot of those people. And then you're gonna get people who bought the PS five at launch for this and it has been sitting on a shelf for six years for this. They they exist and they are coming. Just seems to be huge, yes, and it's there. I just don't see any other way for it to play. It would be hysterical to me though. If this game came out for eighty dollars it was like a ten hour single player narrative.
Speaker 3: I would miss myself.
Speaker 2: But no, as far as phenomenal value, he's probably talking about price versus hours. I expect this a completionist run of this game to run what one hundred and fifty two hundred, And that's being generous.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I mean yeah, I think people get a lot of content outor a lot of content hot out of it.
Speaker 2: Two ended, and then it just kept going with a different protagonist for another twenty five hours. Who knows what the hell is going to happen here, So it's gonna be It's going to dominate headlines from I would say November first to Thanksgiving, maybe even Christmas. It's just going to be the game industry for the rest of twenty twenty six once it launches. And yeah, I mean, it's all really elders to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I'm definitely getting to a point where it's like, yeah, I see that chad by You guys act like you're above it, not above it. It's just like we are so steeped and like this is the only game that matters. And that's kind of the it's the subtext to everything that's that is told to us when we look at any sort of date or anything like that, or when you do talk to people in the industry, everything revolves around it. And I think the last I mean, I think Grand Theft Dog games are fun for a bit.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're worth all this hoopla personally, That's just how I feel about them.
Speaker 1: But it's I'm excited to play it, just like I am any video game. But that's not the that's not the treatment that the game gets. It doesn't get the treat of like this is another video game. It is the you know, it's the Jesus, it's the Savior, it's it's it's the one thing that will not just save the industry, but it's the one game we're thinking or talking about. And uh, I I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm like pretty immune to resenting it at this point because of that, Like, and Mike was like, God, I'm so sick of this, and I'm like, I fully get that, but I'm just like, I do the show and I have to talk about Grand Theft Auto six every day for the most part, And uh.
Speaker 3: So I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't resent it, but I'm definitely like, I don't have it on a pedestal in my heart.
Speaker 3: That's not where it goes. It's just another video game.
Speaker 2: To me, because you remember the times when it wasn't on a pedestal, like the first Grand Theft Auto come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I played on Dreamcast at the friend's house and we were like, I think it was Dreamcast, might have been something else, but I think we're playing on Dreamcast, and uh Like, we were talking to each other and we're like, man, imagine if this game was like the camera was down there and it was three D, and we had the whole conversation describing what Grand Theft Auto three was going going to be to each other without any idea that they were doing that, and what happened was like, that's amazing they pulled off. This is truly like revolutionary and amazing. And we felt that way, like we felt that way about a dozens of other games in our time, and yeah, it's just like this is one that has done that for a lot of people in the mainstream, so it has this outsized effect.
Speaker 3: That's all. Listen.
Speaker 2: I'm just happy that one of the largest video game launches of all time is going to be led by a protagonist who shares my first name. Okay, I hope he's fully customizable, because if he is, I'm just going to self insert myself into this game and see what happens. But yeah, it's and I love stress Zelnik being like phenomenal valuating what the hell are you going to say?
Speaker 3: No, this this game sucks, don't buy it? Of course? All right.
Speaker 1: He wasn't done though. Take two CEO predicts that will all be streaming our games in three years. This is from Rebecca Valentina could the high price of video game hardware and the looming thread of further increases is still casting a shadow over the future of gaming for consumers, and while video game executives generally are not folks you'd expect to be particularly fussed about these cost to increases, especially if they're profiting off them. The CEO of Take two, owner of Grand Theft, Auto of six Studio Rockstar Games, agrees that the price hikes are not a good thing. However, he's not too concerned because he believes we're all going to be streaming our games on other devices in three years anyway. This came from a lengthy answer Give It in Take Two's quarterly Earning's Call this Morning by Strauss Zelnick, in response to a question about the rising cost of hardware. He began his reply by saying that the rising cost of the rising price of hardware is not a good thing because it means fewer people will have machines on which to play games, but that it won't slow Take two down as a business because we're delivering experiences that people want. But Zelnick continued, let's see here he said. First, he pointed out that the world is increasingly moving to open systems, as demonstrated by the rise of PC gaming over the last time twenty years.
Speaker 3: It's been longer than that.
Speaker 1: And then he continued with the advent of streaming, which we really do believe is around the corner in terms of having something that's a low latency and really works well for consumers. Machines that weren't game machines before will become game machines. So without regard to what happens in the console business, which is of consequences to us, of course, we see the overall install based as a practical matter, growing materially and if you believe in streaming, to be clear, we really do, and I'm happy to put a timeline on it. I think we'll be in commercial streaming mode in three years, and by commercial I mean low latency that can ten x the effective install base. That doesn't mean we're going to ten x our revenue, and we wouldn't project that we would because obviously your aver avid consumers already have access to video game machines. But I do think it creates great opportunity for titles that are broadly desirable, even outside of core markets, and we do have titles like that.
Speaker 3: Obviously, I will.
Speaker 1: Say like this is like the number one best piece of evidence yet that Strauss like who is amidst this?
Speaker 3: Is not someone who plays video games.
Speaker 1: And not someone who plays Grand Theft Auto, cause, like what really made like Grand Theft Auto go around? It's a Grand Theft Auto online for sure, But it was also like the role play servers, which were mods and community controlled stuff you had to like install on you do stuff on your machine that you owned that you could do stuff too. You're streaming from the cloud and that is controlled by someone else and you kind of can't customize the experience. That is going to limit what happened. And then the game that does like take its place is gonna be one that you do just you have full control of. This is not how people have said, like with their money, with their time, with their behavior, This is not how they want to be playing video games streaming over the cloud. And it has been little latency before and that has not made a difference.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, uh talk to Luna. Did you even know Amazon Luna still exists?
Speaker 3: I forgot about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's there. Google State would like to have a word as well. Low latency cloud gaming will never succeed until the internet infrastructure of the country and the world is improved. Now granted, outside of the US it is already much better than it is here.
Speaker 3: But until.
Speaker 2: Little Timmy in rural Kansas whatever can play cloud games the same way he would as if he had the console in his living room, it's irrelevant. Yeah, none of this is irrelevant. And as Jason Schreyer pointed out, someone put in chat cool and Colin pointed out in chat Strauss said the same three year thing about streaming services in twenty nineteen, so he just likes to say streaming in three years in the same thing.
Speaker 3: They just make him think that, Like if.
Speaker 1: You are an executive that doesn't play games and you do all the other medias because I'm sure he reads book I'm sure he watches movies, I'm sure he listens to music. He's like, well, it'll happen all over there, so it's gonna happen to happen here eventually, And it's like, right, I think the Yeah, the dynamism of video games comes from the fact that they are software that people can own on their machine and do fun things with. That is why people lean towards PC, and yeah, people pointed out absolutely, I've mentioned a million times Rockstar acquired the role playing server people, it acquired a lot of user generated content aspects of the community. That's that doesn't matter the like they're gonna they're not gonna be able to put like trademarked material in there. They're not gonna enable you to like do the craziest shit that you can do, and that will still come from the community, and you need to own the hardware to really do that unless you're gonna like have this PC in the cloud that you still have full control. If they're not gonna give you that, If it's gonna go cloud gaming, it's gonna be them controlling the experience. That's one of the reasons they want to do this. So the people that care enough to play a Grand Theft auto game care enough to own their own hardware.
Speaker 3: And that's not gonna change.
Speaker 2: No, it'll never change. And if this frustrates you, if it really makes you upset, unlike when he's opened his mouth before, you have an avenue in which to release this stress. You can log on to ww E two K twenty six and slam him through a fucking table.
Speaker 3: That's right, he.
Speaker 2: Put it, He put himself there, He did it to himself, and now you can go in and give him a stone close stunner or a rock bottom to your heart's content. But yeah, it does. It does. Just sound like that normal suit who has no friggin idea what's going on, doesn't he It's it's three years from now. We'll still be waiting for streaming three years from then, and that three years will just keep happening until the end of time. Meanwhile, the rest of us will be investing in retro hardware and emulator handhelds and playing our favorite games that way because we don't want to deal with you're streaming bullshit.
Speaker 3: That's right, all right, we should start wrapping the show up.
Speaker 1: Let's h and that's that's not the poll question. That's three Fighter explus Alpha music. Let me go over here instead. Yeah, I know right, it's a good soundtrack. Okay, have you purchased an EA game this year? That's the poll question that we need to catch up on. Yes or no? I said no, So did ninety percent of respond It's ten percent said yes. I bet that number does change when zero Company comes out. I bet a few more people end up buying an EA game in that moment. Otherwise, you know, even people who were once super into the sports games a lot have checked out, So I know, I don't go back to them like years and years and years at a time. Maybe occasionally I we'll check them out, but years and years at a time, I'll skip out on them.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Janis scrolling through the comments as you say. That's three zero company comments comments just in this little scroll. So I think you're absolutely spot on about that.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's you know, it's former x Com people, it's Respawn people.
Speaker 3: You know. I might not have any.
Speaker 1: Love for EA, but I do like Respawn and the people that are still there. Even though it's like a lot of people that made the respund games that I truly love have moved on, there's still a lot of people that are still there and they're working with former x Com people to make a Star Wars Xcom style game.
Speaker 3: I will, And that's the rub. Right.
Speaker 2: You want to support the studios, you want to support the people making the game, but in order to do that, you have to play.
Speaker 3: The games for the people.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, no new poll question because we have the Bomb twelve. Instead, we'll get to that to wrap up the show, so let's take care of business otherwise, Jason, why don't you tell people where they could find you on the internet what you have going on and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: Jasonfinelli dot Com on Blue Sky, big Man Finelle on Instagram. That's where I am most active on socials. As I mentioned at the top of the show, I will be reviewing Marvel to Con for Game Spot and Madden twenty seven for IGN, so look for that stuff coming out soon. In fact, one of those two might have a little in progress thing by the end of the day, so just keep an eye on that and I will share it as soon as it is ready. Otherwise, I had a bunch of the Magic on Amsterdam stuff. It's happening that that happened. That new set comes out today. The Hobbit, I don't know what's going to if I'm writing anything with that right there, but that's something I'm looking forward to Philly tonight. As I said, if you see me, please feel free to say hello. Somebody did on Monday. We were there on Monday for my Theater Groups show, so somebody came up and introduced themselves, said Weaver. Giant Bomb premium member Weaver Weber. I think it's we were introduced themselves, said hello, said love your stuff, level on your own with Jeff Grubb. Did it in front of my wife and kids, so now they move. I'm not making it up. Yeah you do this.
Speaker 1: Ammy brought up to me like it's happened a bunch, but like only a couple of times around Emmy. And it was like one time where we were at Disney and she like brought like that was a year ago.
Speaker 3: And she's like remember that. Do you like that? I'm like, yeah, sure, what do you think of it? She said, I like it? Okay, we'll get up Mike. My kids were slamming ice cream and they're like, what dad has fans. I'm like that I guess, but you know, Chase go say hide, I'm chased. That a huge giant bomb fan.
Speaker 2: So that happens, you'll hear an explosion from Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: That will that will be you'll sign an autograph for him? That would that would rule. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's that's what I got going on. That's what I'm doing and uh yeah, uh.
Speaker 3: M, fantastic, Like I said, thank you so much. As always, Jason.
Speaker 1: Let's see here uh Geian Bomb still, so we got some more stuff to do today in a little bit not too long from now.
Speaker 3: In fact, you don't have to maybe go anywhere. We might send you somewhere.
Speaker 1: But did just hang out on Giant Bomb as we get ready for the Giant Big Walk. We are going to play some more Big Walk today live. We're going to continue where we left off from the quick look. So if you watch that, we're going to pick up from there and we'll have multiicam perspective. Sean will be sort of jumping between all of our perspectives. We might have a few friends hop in. Kayla might be there, so we'll see how that goes. I kind of want to just put her in charge and have her all yell at us, because that's the best yeller.
Speaker 2: Every item you find is about to be punted into the sea.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: I really had a good time playing this game. So two men, let's hang out together. Let's wrap up the week nice with that. Okay, let's see so that means it's time four the Bomb twelve. Everybody, these are the twelve games that really matter to people who are really playing video games. Let's go through here starting with number twelve, pop it back up on the list Final Fantasy fourteen because that is now on switch to I bet it'll be even higher next week. Actually, number eleven is Hades two. Number ten is Pathogenic. Number nine is Final Fantasy seven Rebirth. Number eight Big Walk again, that's another one I expect to be higher next week. Number seven is Zeno Blake Chronic two. Number six is Beast of Reincarnation. Number five is DNSCHA attack. Number four rising on the list is fox Quest two.
Speaker 2: Next week, well maybe not because a couple of games have come out this week, so maybe not, but next week you might have a picture of two in the top three of this thing.
Speaker 1: Fox Quest two is unstoppable, That's what we always say here. Number three Halo Combat Evolve. That did jump a big time from last week. And then number two is Marathon Still man, I need to spend more time with Marathon before we do Game of the Years what I've decided. And then number one Splittoon Raiders is just a fan favorite, is what I would say at.
Speaker 2: This point for that game. Yeah, people who are into it are super into it. A lot of people in the chat are questioning the choice of picture. Someone need to explain themselves.
Speaker 1: Alright, listen, that's not me, it's it's all on Jan, and Jan has his own proclivities. Judge them for it, all right, everybody that does it for the Bomb twelve. Although there's always a new Bomb twelve in the coming next week, next Friday, we'll have another one, and if you want to submit your game for that, go to giant bomb dot com. Scroll down on the right you could see all the games that are on this week's Bomb twelve. On the left there's a button that says vote here. You click that takes you to the Google form you could submit your game. I will collate all of that and get it ready for next week, and please do so. It's always great to see the hundreds of people who submit their game for the Bomb twelve so we could see what this community is into.
Speaker 3: I always appreciate it, all right.
Speaker 1: With that said, Jason Finelli, thank you so much for hanging out on a finale Friday, man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Always happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Thank you, grub Thank you all for watching and listening. You're the best audience in game and you make it all worth it. Until next time, have a good one, good time, take care of yourself and goodbye.