Speaker 1: I got the flu and COVID vaccine yesterday because they came down and like offered it for free, and you know, you give me your insurance card, blah blah blah. And I'm not anywhere close to an anti vaxxer, but I'm also not you know, like I just believe in science. But I'm not like crazy political either way. But I woke up last night at about two in the morning with the chills, and a friend of mine said, well, she told me yesterday and she is one of the conspiracy theories that it was really kind of interesting to me that the elite want to kill all of us so they can have the world to themselves. Well, how are they going to kill us? Well, with the vaccine. They're going to kill us with the vaccine. I said, well, they're doing a shitty job because most people do not die from the vaccine, and because I think sometimes you know that conspiracy theorists failed to take that logical look at something and look at it from another way. So and then I was talking to Susan last night. I said, okay, so if Bill Gates wants to and she says, Bill Gates has taken over because Bill Gates is now Big Pharma and doesn't do computers anymore. I said, okay, that's interesting, and then she said, yeah, they want to kill everybody.
Speaker 2: I said, well, who's going to owe our lawn? Who's going to drive food trucks?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: You know they're gonna kill all of us, like measly little people. Who's going to mow your lawn or wipe your ass when you're in a nursing home. Yeah, okay, well I don't think that people thought about that. And so she was very serious, and I like this person a lot, but I was just kind of dumbfounded. And then I told Susan last night, I said, it's it's kind of like one of those things where when people say, oh, yeah, Big Pharma has the cure for cancer, they just don't want to let you know what it is because they make more money off a treatment.
Speaker 4: Right, which seems so wild to me, Like what the heck?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean think about it.
Speaker 1: If you are, you know, you're the president of Lily Pharmaceuticals and you have the cure for cancer, are you really going to let your daughter and millions of innocent children die so you can make an extra forty million dollars a year. At what point does it become ridiculous. I mean, I would not let people die so I could make, you know, ten thousand dollars a year. I don't think that I would let people die and keep cancer drugs a secret, cures a treatment, even if I had all the money in the world. I told Susan, I said, so, if I had a chance to own Colorado and it's my personal backyard by playground, all I had to do was kill everybody in Colorado, I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 4: No, because the laurels and ethical.
Speaker 2: Well, how could you live with yourself?
Speaker 1: And so I think that, I mean, if you are Jenny just walked in. We're talking about conspiracy theories and the vaccine and how the vaccine is going to kill everybody, and I just don't believe. I'm not a conspiracy theory kind of a person. But I know, as I say this, there will be someone listening, a wonderful, kind person who really and this person also is wonderful and kind, but they went down the TikTok rabbit hole and she's like, oh, yeah, you got to do your research.
Speaker 4: God wish I hate that.
Speaker 3: But like, also, the whole thing where yeah, they're trying to kill us, or they're killing us because treatment is going to make the millions of money. Well, if you cured cancer, though, or you know, cured COVID and it never existed again, once you want your name on that cure. I'd rather have my name on the cure rather than my name on a treatment.
Speaker 1: It's a very good point. So all right, let's dive in emails and see what we've got. I got to click on the right tab and here we go. Don't say my name. Dave mentioned the other day that you were light on emails, and I love any excuse to have you read my ramblings. Let's see how you like it. My mother is a Karen, pure and simple. I'm wondering if others have this problem with their family members. It is a well known thing within our family, and we all just kind of sort of WinCE and bear it. I've always slipped after extra cash for tips to many a hard working service industry employee. I've done the cautious arm touch when my mother goes off on one of her rants, like okay, Mom, stop trying to say, Mom, it's not that big of a deal, or let it go. They're just doing their job, and in turn I become guilty by association. I hate being out in public with her when they're is something that does not meet her expectation. She is a boomer. I'm not sure if that matters. It has gotten to the point that I fear I will see her on a Karen's Getting Owned compilation one. She is truly a gym in all other areas. She can host an amazing party. She knows how to dance and have fun. She would do anything for kids. It just seems that all empathy, humanness gets sucked out of her body the second she has a bad customer service interaction. Do you have anybody in your family like this? If so, you've been less of a coward than I haven't called them out for the bad behavior. We've all made attempts, but nothing seems to help. Thank you for reading. Honestly, No, no, no, I don't have any Karens in my family.
Speaker 4: I go ahead, Jenny, you know I was to say.
Speaker 5: The only thing I dealt with was my mom didn't believe in masks during COVID, so I had to like. She came to visit me, and I said, the rule was you got to wear your mask because it was like in the heart of COVID, and she would have put it on and I'd put it.
Speaker 2: Over under her nose.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's her nose. And she'd walk into a business and immediately take it off. And I was so frustrated with her because you can have your beliefs whatever you want, but like, you have to respect the business's policies and that was the policy at the time. That's the only time I've had to deal with anything like that before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom, well, my mom and dad they're not like Karen's by any means, like they're not going to go off on people for like customer service situations. But I feel like both of them, as they've gotten older in general, have become more crotchety and like crimogeony. Because my dad is so negative and will complain about his family. He'll complain about me and my sister, like having messy cars, like, oh, you know what that's going to lead to your house is gonna be a mousy and then you're going to be in a giant pile of garbage blah blah blah, which is annoying. And then my mom is mostly she's just really judgmental about way the way people look. And so she'll tell you that like under her hair, clothes, your face, yeah, tattoos, anything. So if we're in public, like we're at the fair and my mom sees someone who's where like who's I don't know, over sixty and has long hair, she'll comment on it.
Speaker 4: She'll be like, she's way too old for that hair, or be.
Speaker 3: Like, oh that, I can't believe that woman is wearing those clothing. Gosh, she's showing so much skin's that's so gross. And I'd be like, why do you.
Speaker 4: Care a girl?
Speaker 3: And so I've gotten to the point where I called them out on any time that they're being crotchety, because like, why does this matter to you?
Speaker 4: Why does this affect you? It shouldn't affect you, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I agree, And I've gotten way more less judgy. But I remember one time we were at Maynard's and there was a giant woman and I'm just gonna go ahead and say she was a giant woman and she had the whale tail. You know what the whale tail is, the thong sticking out of the back of her pants. Sure, and we were like, oh my god, and then I came back and I talked to This is probably twenty years ago, and I came back and I talked about it on the air, and I'm like, oh my god, I might have even posted a picture on the website.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, and said come from the back.
Speaker 1: You can't see her face, and she was probably a three hundred pound woman with a thong in a whale tail. And I came back and talked about on the air about how funny and comical it was and how gross it was. And then most people were like, Oh, that's funny, that's funny, that's whatever, and a few people were like, what does it matter to you? And that kind of helped me look at it in another way. It's like, you know, I'd be embarrassed if I had like a thong sticking out of my big, old fat ass, But if she's not embarrassed, then yeah, fuck, who cares.
Speaker 3: I just think sometimes they're inside thoughts, and I feel like my mom doesn't have inside thoughts. All of her thoughts are outside thoughts, and she will tell you exactly what she thinks about the way you look. But then I keep trying to remind myself it's probably the culture she was brought up with. Because my grandma's a at like that too, So it's like, but I wish she just wasn't period.
Speaker 1: All right, Hello, my favorite radio crew. Listening to the live stream. The other day, I couldn't text in because I think I got blocked from texting on accident.
Speaker 2: It's possible some people do.
Speaker 1: I asked Jenny what Jenny asked what animal you would like to pet without risk of injury or death? Jenny said kangaroo. Well I did petty kangar Wisconsin Dell's. I get a huge zoo and they let you get into the kangaroo enclosure and you can pet young kangaroos. Most are just hanging out, relaxing. Of course, they tell you how to appropriately approach and pet them. I even got a photo with one. There was a spicy young kangaroo that they said to leave alone. I'd like to be able to get a pet a tiger. I know basic, but being able to pet a forbidden cat would be fun for me. If this is worthy of a Dave Ryan staff writer sticker, I'd love to get one. You got one on the way. Shout out to Secretary Brie, who is mailing them out. I also miss texting you daily and getting responses back. I love interacting with you. I've listened since I got my driver's license fifteen years. I'm thirty one. Now I'm engaged to an amazing guy and we're set to get married the end of June twenty twenty five. That is Shyleena in Red Wing. You know, I don't know if you got blocked. Some people think they have because we don't always respond.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we just if we get a lot of texts, we might just not have the time to respond to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so did he texting? What did she say?
Speaker 5: Her response was to my She said Wisconsin. She said, okay, because I feel like I responded to most people yesterday, and I feel like I responded to her.
Speaker 3: So maybe there is someone who said zoo at Wisconsin Dale's you can pass about the exotic animals like draft to kangaroos.
Speaker 2: Did you respond to it?
Speaker 4: No, No, has no response.
Speaker 1: Okay, Shyleena, We're gonna respond to it right now and see if you get it.
Speaker 3: Because sometimes might not be Shyleena, This might be somebody else, of course.
Speaker 1: Right, But that's what that's my point is, if it's Shyleena, she's going to know all of a sudden when she gets a text response. Some people will text in once in a while and say something really mean or rude or whatever, and we just block them because I ain't got no time for that.
Speaker 3: I feel like I will respond maybe eventually, but not at six point thirty two in the morning, in case her phone is on and she's sleeping. You know, I've been texting us, Shyleena. Keep texting us. Ask us a question on text and maybe we'll see it and respond.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's Miranda, says Daddy Bear and Gang. I've been religiously watching the YouTube live streams for the past month or so, and notice today the entire channel is now vanished. What happened? I apologize if you've addressed this already. I'm a few episodes behind on the Minnesota Goodbye. Yesterday, at seven o'clock, we went to go because we do live video on DRTV, that's what we now call the channel DRTV, and it said your channel has been basically blocked, canceled, eradicated, whatever, And we're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: And it said harassment, Jenny, that's what they said.
Speaker 5: We violated their harassment policy is what the email said.
Speaker 1: Which is so bizarre because we've had that channel for twenty years. There's so much thousands of hours of content on that thing. I mean really thousands from back in the Crisco days, Steve days, Lena days. So what's the latest. Are we trying to get it back?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I sent it an appeal and right now they said it's going to take at least two business days to look it over, So I don't imagine we'll hear back before Monday as of right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I think we should be able to get it back. I think that somebody said it's probably AI that went through it and heard a word that maybe was on there from years ago and said it was harassing. I don't know, like if we said idiot and maybe said, oh, you can't say idiot. So thank you guys for keeping me company all these years. I grew up in Minnesota, been listening since I was eleven or twelve. I'm twenty seven now and live in South Carolina, and I still keep up with you guys. You're a little slice of home for me and I appreciate all you do. Oh and happy belated birthday day. Bye from Miranda. Thank you, Miranda. Also, I've got to I got to find it here because this is important, and I got to find the audio. Oh there it is, Okay, I'm tabbing around in my computer. Here we Gojanita. Here is one Nita's rent for this week, and I think I got to push the right button and see how we do. So here comes one Nita's rent.
Speaker 6: Hey, y'all, Hey, it's one Needa here back with this week's episode of shit that pisses me off. By the way, happy birthday day.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 6: You never let me know if you got your shirt. I had got an notification letting me know that it was delivered to the station on Monday from Amazon.
Speaker 2: I did get it.
Speaker 6: Send me an email or something to let me know that you got it. Okay, So here's my rant for the week. Why is it that every time if I have an appointment or an interview or anything, and when I get there, there's shocked that my name is Juanita. So they'll ask my name over the phone, I'll give them my name, and then when I get to where I'm supposed to go when they say you're Juanita, Yeah, who the fuck were you expecting a little Mexican woman. No, I'm a black woman named Juanita. Why does that shocking to soul? Fucking many people? They act like that a black woman can't be nam Juanita fucking pisses me off. Well, thanks again for listening to my rants. I'll talk to you guys later again. Happy birthday, Dave, Love you guys.
Speaker 2: Bye, love you back. Juanita.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I guess that is, like, you know, maybe you would expect maybe an Hispanic woman, but I don't think I would.
Speaker 2: Ever bring it up, like, whoa, your name's Juanita.
Speaker 4: You've got to be two king.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to the shirt. I did get the shirt yesterday.
Speaker 1: It arrived on Monday, but there's nobody in our building to sort mail anymore. They got laid off, so the male sits in the mail bin by the elevator for days, and then it finally showed up in my mailbox yesterday Thursday. So Janita, I love the shirt. It says it's got the word around, so big bowld around with a guy fucking the word around, so it says fuck around and find out. And then it's got an American flag over here. Because her and I were both. Juanita said that she also if you come and mess with her family at her house, you will leave with an extra hole blown in your ass because we will shoot you.
Speaker 4: Sure, and that's why the American flag is on the shirt.
Speaker 1: Right, And it's from a Holster company. Sure, but it says fuck around and find out. But it doesn't say fuck. It's just a guy having sex with the word around. So, Juanita, thank you, very clever, love it. Today, I'm not wearing I'm gonna wear that shirt not tomorrow because I'm gona be out to Snap Fitness tomorrow maybe one day next week.
Speaker 2: What does my shirt say today?
Speaker 4: Show up to your appearance at snaps walk around? Can you throw this snap? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Your shirt today says sorry, I'm late, I didn't want to come, which I.
Speaker 1: Love you guys got it for me yesterday, and I absolutely.
Speaker 2: Feel that way.
Speaker 3: I'd like to point out that on Monday, I was wearing a shirt and you made fun of me because the sleeves were wrinkly. Your sleeves are hella rinkly today, you freaking hypocrite.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't look as aggressive on a black shirt, unfortunately, unfortunately not.
Speaker 4: But my shirt was dope, So Dave.
Speaker 1: Let's go on to the next one, says from Rose. She says, yesterday the on air topic of eating only once a day came up. We talked about this because Bruce Springsteen and Chris Martin from Coldplay eat only once a day, and so does Naomi Campbell, and they say they eat like maybe a little fruit in the morning, and then they eat one big meal later and they stay healthy and not fat. It involved into a nutrition conversation. I want to add my unsolicited opinion. I got to agree with Jenny that the brotion of one meal a day mad is not wise. Also, it is very much what you eat, not how much you eat. Hear me out. I've done the Whole thirty twice in the last few years and ate so much damn food in the entire time and still lost weight. Both times. I was not doing the diet for weight loss. It just became such a chore to eat as much as I would have needed to to not lose weight. It proved to me that what we are eating really does matter. What is the Whole thirty? Does anybody know that?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like I feel like it's a lot of it's very nutritiony, but I there's so many rules and stuff to it the whole thirty, so I wouldn't know exactly without looking it up.
Speaker 4: Okay, very nutritiony.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's like vegetables, fruit and kale, or whether it's like, you know, like the one diet, the Adkins diet where you eat a lot of meat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because.
Speaker 3: Recipes like for every single meal for the whole thirty, so you have to like really follow a strict regimen there.
Speaker 1: And she goes on to say, Jinny, I've heard you talk more about sugar lately, and I think you'd enjoy the book Why We Get Fat. It's a quick read about the sugar epidemic. All right, love you all from Emily. Thank you, Emily. I'm very lucky. I'm not a sweets person.
Speaker 2: Susan.
Speaker 1: Last night we had sushi for dinner, and then she got me like a seven layer bar about the size of a wallet. Kay, yeah, so about the size of a woman's wallet, so too big for one person. I ate it all because I just, you know, like stupidly ate a wallet woman's wallet size seven layer bar? So good though, it really was good, But I am not I'm not. I don't crave sweets. I just don't.
Speaker 5: I you're so lucky because sugar is such an addiction in our household. Like between Andrew and I, I think I told you guys this. He bought a thirty pack of full sized candy bars for Halloween. He's already ate like four of them. We don't get many trigger treaters, so it'll probably be just fine. But I asked him, I said, this is why we don't buy it until like the day before, because you can't control yourself. I can control myself with certain things, but like I have to have a little sweet treat every day. What it might be a spoonful of brown sugar, it might be a candy bar.
Speaker 4: I just have a spoonful of brown sugar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I have to have something which means I have an addiction.
Speaker 3: Wow day you should try unrelated to your sugar addiction. But brown sugar and coffee is very good. Oh, and or molasses.
Speaker 4: In coffee is well.
Speaker 3: Really, because that's what we used to do on the farm when we wanted to drink coffee but have it not taste disgusting, put brown sugar in it.
Speaker 1: Wasn't there a butter coffee trend about six or seven years ago, and I think Steve brought it in. He's like, yeah, put butter in your coffee or but he's doing it and we tried it and it was gross.
Speaker 4: Oh really, yeah butter? You needed the good salted kin.
Speaker 2: Wasn't the maple kind the maple krind?
Speaker 1: Yeah? This may be the last one. We'll see how we're doing yet, it might be the last one. Dave mentioned a terrible history podcast, so I'll recommend one. It's called American Scandal. They take a moment in history, tell the stories if you were in the room. The two seasons, I think it might be interested or season six about Paola and season sixty four about Boeing and the plane crashes. I found it. It's super interesting. I know nothing about planes, hurry and down lows. They recently said they're putting old season behind a paywall. I know I got things to say to Bailey and Jenny too, but I can't remember what they were now. I tend to write emails to you when I run, and then I forget by the time I get home. Anyway, I love you, guys, Sarah. I do the same thing. I use the Memo feature Voice Memo feature on my Apple Watch, and that helps me a lot.
Speaker 2: That is it.
Speaker 1: Send emails to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com.