Speaker 1: All right, Hey, if you're just getting here, make sure you get here a little bit earlier tomorrow. We would appreciate that. Maybe set a reminder if you on your phone or something, tune into the Sandy Show. Whatever you gotta do. VI you with us tomorrow morning, get here a little bit earlier. Also, grab the podcast version of the show. Just search that Sandy Show where you get podcasts. Chris is going to wrap us up with some of the things we learned today. How do we do well?
Speaker 2: One of the things that happened today is Sandy ruined dolphins for me?
Speaker 1: Have dolphins ruined dolphins for you? I just informed you about.
Speaker 2: The thing you and I have to tell me about it. I think of dolphins as like one of the smartest animals in the sea. Sweet, they live in pods, They protect human swimmers from sharks. Incredibly smart, dignified animalsified. And then Sandy says that they do this weird thing where males will roll over on their backs and peep into the air. It's called aerial urination. Yeah, to like let other dolphins know I'm a dude, I'm strong, smell my pe to find out. Basically, a bunch of animals of the animal world use their urine to send a whole bunch of information to other animals about about crazy.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm glad we don't humans do that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're more like visual dolphins are all. Here's some peed. Let me know what you think. It just kind of ruined it for me a little bit. Another thing we learned was that whenever you go into places and they ask you if you'd like to round up, and have you ever wondered like, where does that money go? What do they actually do with that money? We heard about a girl who worked at Taco Bell who ended up getting forty thousand dollars worth of college scholarships. She's gonna graduate debt free, and she said a huge portion of that money that she got for college was from people rounding up when they would go through the drive through and pay.
Speaker 1: Which is cool.
Speaker 2: It's cool to kind of have an example of where it actually goes, because really it's kind of a big question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it kind of goes out into the ether, and you're like, that helps somebody gets that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then finally I fire Q and a Sandy asked me who my favorite bear was. Yeah, and it's weird that I had any No, I didn't. Fozzy Bear, Kermit's best friend, drives an ash Rambler comedian Bear tagline, waka waka, how.
Speaker 1: Do you not go with Smokey?
Speaker 2: How do you not like Fozzy? Do you not like Fozzy?
Speaker 1: I just think Smokey serves the greater good.
Speaker 2: Smokey or Yogi, Oh.
Speaker 1: Smoky, Smokey's my number one bear, always has been, or Fozzy Yogi because he's clever.
Speaker 2: Pick a nigga basket.
Speaker 1: Yogi's on one mission. That's good food. All he wants a huckleberry pie.
Speaker 2: Somebody get the bear a huckleberry pie.
Speaker 1: Let's go get a pick a big basket. Eh, mister Rogers, Sir, I need to look out who did the voice for Yogi Bear. I don't know who it was. Have a you know I was the voice of Ocean Mare. I know. I know all of you DC Comics fans you're listening to the voice of a master.
Speaker 2: How long ago was that?
Speaker 1: Guy's been a lot? I know you're item My timing was bad because they did all the movies and stuff with what's his name the ja.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're saying it could have been you instead of Jason momo.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm saying it could have been me in the in the I don't know in the animated version. I just did the online game. Yeah, So have a great day everyone. Thanks for spending some time with us. We do appreciate it. We're going to do this again tomorrow. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody, And now it's time to say goodbye. Thanks for being with us today. We do appreciate it. Go ahead, give us a like on Instagram, won't you. It's at the Sandy Show Official. If you want to see the photograph that I posted for our seventeenth wedding anniversary, it is there in video form, so check that out again. It's at the Sandy Show Official. It's also on Facebook at the Sandy Show Radio.
Speaker 2: Trisha, what we learn today, Well, you asked the question if your belly button was an actual button that when you pushed it, it would do whatever you wanted it to do. What would you want it to do? My immediate answer was food, make food appear right, That's absolutely what I would want my belly button button to do.
Speaker 1: Mine would be to do my laundry.
Speaker 2: Or wash your car. M I like washing my car. Food and somebody to it would produced somebody to blow dry my hair. I hate drying my hair, boy, you do, God, I hate drying my hair. Another thing we talked about today was if you are a skittish flyer trying not to fly in or out of the Savannah Hilton Head Airport because you can see along the runways on the airport grounds gravestones.
Speaker 1: There's two of them.
Speaker 2: Two gravestones that you can see, and two other graves are reportedly underneath one of the runways because the people who owned the land before the airport bought it. That was their family cemetery.
Speaker 1: Hey, money talks.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying. I feel like they were like, sure, you can buy it, but we have have to have these four graves remain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and far enough money, you can put your runway there. Yeah, if you were buried there and I could sell.
Speaker 2: It, sure, how do you put me under a runwayck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, love to fly, loved it. So that's the way Tricia would want it.
Speaker 2: Not the she lights up a room, She lit up every room she stepped into. Did not do that. Finally, our favorite comedian right now, Nate Bargotsy, was just announced as the host for the Emmys coming up in September, so we thought we did. In the show, play you a little Nate Bergotzi comedy.
Speaker 1: All right. Here he is on how he has to be concerned about his mom.
Speaker 3: We had my mom go pick up our daughter recently at a friend's house, and I texted her the address and she drove to the wrong house. She knocked on the door. Another grandmother answered, well, this is no good. This is like two dogs seeing each other through a fence. It's to get them both back inside. So my moms She goes as my granddaughter there, and no lady goes I have three grandsons. No solution, just two grandmothers. You have stuff, I have stuff too. They talked for thirty minutes. It's a wrong door.
Speaker 1: It's the wrong door.
Speaker 3: How to go get my daughter? Then find my mom.
Speaker 1: Have a great day everyone. By the way, Nate is hosting the Emmys in September. Have a great day. Thanks for spending time with us. We'll do it again tomorrow. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody. Wow, I feel like this's a big show today. They're all big shows, but today was a lot of fun. You were extra today, extra. I can ask you a question. You know, it's difficult to keep up with kids slang. Triciaan, I have a fifteen almost sixteen year old daughter. When she goes, when she says, you're big, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: It means you're being a hog, Like if you go back for seconds or third she'll call you big, oh oig. Or when she get when I see her put a big giant scoop of something. Yeah, like they're The day she got four meatballs instead of three, was all big.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I get it now. Yeah, what do we learned today?
Speaker 2: Well, we learned that it's not until now that the Academy Award members who nominate the movies that are up for the Academy Awards even are required to watch the actual movies before they nominate them.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: There's almost ten thousand members and this is the first year that it's been announced that they must watch all of the movies up for nomination before they vote on which one wins the award.
Speaker 1: It say, good for the Academy, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Say what in the world like good for them? Is it not as ridiculous to you as it is to me? That that's not literally one of the only requirements to be in that position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at least they made the change, they did the right thing.
Speaker 2: My gosh, yeah, people, you know what I feel like. It's a bunch of people who would walk into a bookstore and pick the book based on the title or the cover. Yeah, that's kind of how they voted for the movies in the past.
Speaker 1: It starts to make sense though, when you look at some of the movies that have one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe that explains why Tom Cruise movies have never won one.
Speaker 2: Maybe so, maybe that how Top Gun Maverick didn't win, right, highest grissing movie what three years ago? Two years ago?
Speaker 1: That just kind of shows how the Academy's a tad out of touch.
Speaker 2: A tad out of touch. Another thing we learned Chipotle, the burried to Make your Own Burrito plays making a very aggressive move moving into Mexico, the home the birthplace of the burrito.
Speaker 1: Like Domino's going into Italy right really.
Speaker 2: More really first time in their thirty year history that they're moving into Mexico into another country.
Speaker 1: Trisham's some definition in your triceps. Yeah, yeah, definitely. The workouts are paying off.
Speaker 2: My shoulders right there, see them. Look cut right there. Yeah, you might notice me wearing a few more sleeveless shirts. Good summer progresses.
Speaker 1: The slugs don't have bingo flaps.
Speaker 2: No, I don't do a lot of triceps work. Make sure I don't have the what is it used to suck on your grandma's Yeah, bingo flaps.
Speaker 1: Think that's the fat part that hangs down underneath older people's arms. Wings, wings, bingo wings, and they you know, you can see them when they yell bingo.
Speaker 2: They flap and used to suck on it on your grandma's arm. I think that's so gross, wastle kid. It's weird that she'd let you do that.
Speaker 1: She didn't, she didn't like it.
Speaker 2: So strange, And finally we learned. According to A M's bet school, they did some kind of study and found out that only one percent of people actually do have a perfect dog based on the dog not being aggressive, the dog being smart, and learning anxiety in the house, Only one percent of the people have perfect dogs. I would probably go for so far as to say that almost everybody thinks their dog is perfect, true, including us us.
Speaker 1: I had three, right, I've had two perfect dogs. Yeah, you had one dog that was not perfect.
Speaker 2: Mmm, I did. She was a beagle, though, and it was only because she could not be trusted off leash, no matter how much we trained her. She if she smelled something she was couldn't break on, couldn't breaker of that.
Speaker 1: Gooden breaker. Have a great day everyone, Thanks for being with us. We'll do it again tomorrow. Until then, remember this, don't take any crap from anybody, and now it's time to say goodbye. Thanks for being with us, though, if you're just tuning in, get here a little bit earlier tomorrow and be here for the whole show. But we know you can't do that sometimes, so we provide the podcast. Just search the Sandy Show where you get your podcasts. It's available every single day. But before we go, Tricia shares with us some of the things we learned what he got.
Speaker 2: M So Cam Jurigens was just got a sixty eight million dollar contract extension. He's what a center at the Eagle, and somebody asked him what he thought he might be spending his money on, and he's like, you know, I fly a lot. I'm kind of tired of waiting in lines, so I think I'm going to look into this thing called TSA pre check. I think I can afford that.
Speaker 1: He's a small town dude man. I like him. He is from Pitrail, Nebraska, population one hundred and eighty six people. By the way, Tricia, he's six foot three and three hundred and three pounds.
Speaker 2: He's a big boy.
Speaker 1: He's a big eater, big old boy. Yeah, good for you. Go ahead and splurge and get you that TSA preacheck. You know what.
Speaker 2: I think he gets TSA pre check and treats himself to some clear I think so too. I think his mom would be fine with him spending his money on that by.
Speaker 1: Yourself first first class ticket every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want to be wasteful with it. Yeah, you want to be smart.
Speaker 1: For you Cam, Good for you, guys born in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Oh god, really yeah, Oh my god, that makes me feel so old.
Speaker 1: Oh I do too.
Speaker 2: Another thing that happened today, we played the feud.
Speaker 1: Oh we played you want to tell you wasn't much of a competition because Tricia drew the easiest questions possible and I got the hardest, most subjective personal questions ever. She got questions like give me a word that rhymes with spouse. But what's funny about that is that two questions prior to that, the question was about a mouse trap.
Speaker 2: That's weird, right, Yeah, it was like subliminal for me.
Speaker 1: She's got questions like name something you'd see a bride holding in her hand on her wedding day.
Speaker 2: There were a lot of choices.
Speaker 1: Maybe eight points for the most obvious bridal bouquet. Meanwhile, I got questions like tells name something you're not good at but still enjoy. That could be a million things, right.
Speaker 2: But you have to put yourself into the mindset of the general public. Sandy. This is exactly like when you were little and anytime you didn't win one of your swim races, it was very faster. It was because they put too much chlorine in the pool. That's what's happening right now.
Speaker 1: Could not swim unless the chlorine was right.
Speaker 2: And finally, I ever.
Speaker 1: Tell you the swim meet where I got first place in all seven.
Speaker 2: Events and seven events. No, I can't believe you haven't told me this story.
Speaker 1: I will someday.
Speaker 2: Today's not the day. Today, you're just teasing me with it.
Speaker 3: Mm.
Speaker 2: I'm not being a jerk, Sandy, you're sore loser in the feud. Finally, I'm super angry, Like I can't express how angry I am. That Writing magazine put out a list of the shocking most shocking TV character deaths. Most of the shows that they were talking about were older shows, Gray's Anatomy, Game of Throne, Succession, Breaking Bad. Right, the number one most shocking TV character death is for a current television show. And this episode just aired maybe four days ago, and right there, number one on the list. Me who hasn't watched it yet, furious that they spoil And the only reason.
Speaker 1: You watched that show is because of Pedro Pasco. Right, Sandy, Sorry.
Speaker 2: No, sir no, sir.
Speaker 1: No, have a great name. Everybody. Thanks for being with us until tomorrow. Don't take any crap from anybody, and now it's time to say goodbye. Thanks for being with Uspefully you'll join us next week. We'll be here, same time, same place. Yep, make sure you're here too. If you can't be, grab the podcast version of this show. You can listen whenever you want on demand. Search the Sandy Show where you get your podcast, Tricia, what we learned today.
Speaker 2: Well, we learned that Pete Davidson has already spent two hundred thousand dollars on having his tattoos removed, and he's only thirty percent of the way through it.
Speaker 1: And did a little quick math. Do's gonna spend about seven hundred and twenty grand to get him all removed?
Speaker 2: For to get his tattoos removed? And it's going to take him over ten years to do it because each tattoo takes ten to twelve so sessions, and you have to wait six weeks in between each session.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. There's parts of my life that I look back on and go, guy, it was so stupid. How would you like to be Pete Davidson with all those.
Speaker 2: Tattoos or somebody who got all those tattoos and they then have Pete Davidson money to afford to get rid.
Speaker 1: Of those tattoos exactly, and you're stuck with them, like your little one inch booty tattoo.
Speaker 2: My one inch booty tattoo that cost me twenty five bucks, took the guy whose name scab by away, his name was scab the guy, my tattoo artist twenty five dollars and four minutes. But for me to have a moved would be ten sessions and one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: And suckers are permanent. Wow, I remember my grandfather told me not to do this. He had tattoo on each forearm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do this, won't do it.
Speaker 1: This is dumb.
Speaker 2: At least I got mine where I can't see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. True.
Speaker 2: Another thing we'd learned today. Sandy asked me if there was anything in his wardrobe that I think needs to be retired, and I said, yes, your short T shirt, Sandy's very long waisted, long torso and some of your T shirts too short. We talked about that. You said you're gonna start clearing them out.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna, but some of them may work now because I lost so much weight.
Speaker 2: M hm. You don't have a belly like you did before, so they might have come down a little bit.
Speaker 1: Maybe, So save losing weight, saving money exactly.
Speaker 2: And finally we told a story about the guy in Ireland who went in to a bachelor party and then came out and lost his car for three weeks. Couldn't remember where you parked it, searched for three weeks. Finally called into a radio station and the DJs had the listeners find this car. Yeah, and you told the story about you doing something just like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, For like two or three days, I swore my car was gone, but it wasn't. It was exactly where I left it.
Speaker 2: Please found it around the corner too blocks down.
Speaker 1: One of the many reasons I quit drinking doing stupid things like that. Yep, dumb, dumb, dumb. Have great weekend, everybody. Thank you very much for being with us. We do appreciate it. We're gonna do this again on Monday, so be here okay. Until then, don't take any crap from anybody.