Speaker 1: We have today your bet builders hanging by a thread here. Relax, Relax, they still need one more goal. Well if it loses, no v bets got you covered.
Speaker 2: Nov Bet is the home of the bet builder this World Cup. From goalscorers to cards.
Speaker 3: Get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bat If your bet builder loses on the biggest game every single day, Join today and get seventy euros in pre bets nov Bett or power to you Tecenc's apply eighteen plus bet Responsibly Gamblingcare dot Ie.
Speaker 4: The Ripe Price tiled wood flooring, a bathwhear VAT free sale is here. We'll pay the twenty three percent fat on all your purchases, all tiled, all with flooring, all bathwear, and all of Jesus and grounds will pay your vat on the lot. Everything is in stock.
Speaker 2: Ripe Price tiled wood flooring and bathwear fat free sale and Sunday welcome my friends to the Wednesday edition of Bostner Lisa rush Hour. If you would like to be part of the program this afternoon, eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two is how you do that? Eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. There have been, as always is the case, many things transpiring since the last time we chatted together. Uh. Dick Durbin has decided to call it quit. That means there's going to be an open seat for the state of Illinois in the US Senate Richard Durbin. Dick Durbin, eighty years old, is going to set off this retirement announcement. He said he he's in his fifth term. Says it's not an easy choice to step away from his prime perch doing battle with President Trump. But you know, he says he He says he it was hard because he doesn't want to miss this fight. But you know, I have to be honest about this. There are good people in the wings, good people on the bench ready to serve, and they can fight this fight just as effectively as I can. As I can, there comes a point when you have to face reality that this is the time to leave. For me, it's time to pass the tour. Forty four years in Congress, Dick Durban decides to step down and perhaps over the weekend we'll discuss that more LA people are upset. I just love these kind of headlines. There was an ice raid in California. Yeah, outside of a home depot and you should get it. Gets two pages of ink in the La County. LA County Supervisor is well because fifteen to twenty people ice rolled up and where is it at the Pomona home to one of the home depots in Pomona, California. In response, LA, the County Supervisor held of soul Assessor office was told by community members that about fifteen to twenty people were detained. In response, I immediately directed the Los Angeles County Office of Immigrant Affairs to connect with the Pomona Day Labor Center to ensure those impacted received and support the resources they need. What resources they're been detaining, They're on the way back to this country of origin unless they happen to belong to MS thirteen. Yeah, Democrats are still hop on that. That is still this is just this, This love fest that Democrats have with gangster illegal criminal aliens is just amazing. It is still that is still going. Faux Bore, one of the day laborers who avoided being detained, to BT seven News about the traumatic effect of the raid. I arrived here and when I started seeing the scene, I started crying. The tears started leaving. We are here we are human beings. We're only here to support ourselves and maintain our families. Not understand all that, but chair illegally. And that's the issue, not that you want to support your family, that's a noble thing. You're here illegally, Well you weren't, because you're you were. They didn't swoop you up. Those that swooped up for here illegally. Okay, my friends, today we have to do this there. Yes, yes, yes, yes, the El Salvador case. Democrats are still stumbling over themselves to deal with that. We have that. There is outrage among the left because Marco Rubio, Secretary of State, is actually reorganizing that swamp, the Foggy Bottom swamp. Those of you are rustly wanting to know what foggy bottom is. That's where a lot of the international intrigue happens in Washington, DC. A lot of the diplomats are over in that way, in foggy Bottom. And I forgot why they called it foggy bottom. I used to know. But anyway, that's the part of DC world, the diplomats hanging out and over New Embassy Row. Beautiful. But anyway, Marco Rubio has an upset because he's streamlining State Department. So of course there's a lot of In fact, we have Tammy Bruce, our good friend Tammy Bruce. Today we have a sound bite from her. That's number four. Let's just play Timmy because I love Tammy Bruce. This is the first opportunity we've had to play the new our friend Tammy Bruce radio background. Of course, Fox News Television. She's been on this show with me many times. Our dear friend, Tammy Bruce. We'd love you Tammy. She's now the spokesperson for the State Department. She was being grilled on reforms at the agency there and this is Tammy.
Speaker 5: They should listen to what Samantha Power said last year, the last USA director under Joe Biden. She said publicly in two interviews and at a public event that she was very frustrated at the fact that about ten percent of one hundred percent of the money that was allocated to certain foreign ad to all foreign eight, only ten percent of it went to the issue. Ninety percent was eaten up by bureaucracy and contractors and layer after layer of people making money on those efforts. What we say here with this dynamic, it's not that we're pulling back on foreign aide AID or what's important to us. It's actually getting it back to the point where we can make a difference where the money that is spent actually goes to the issues that matter to the American people, that matter to the nations that we are assisting. And at this point even Power was extremely frustrated. She got it, by the way, from seven percent to ten percent. That was her big accomplishment. So this is a matter of when we say what matters to America, what about funding? Is that in fact will enhance our ability to make a difference on those issues that matter to Americans and to our partners around the world. It will accomplish certainly our ability to have it reflect America's values and the agenda of the Trump administration, which is about keeping people free and making sure this world becomes a better place.
Speaker 2: Boom, time announce it. Now moving on, there's I don't even know what station this was on, but it was a news station with our good buddy. They did a news report on Algar the young and al Gores. Yeah al Gore did yeah, al Gore mm hmm. So they didn't report an al Gore And it's a news report package. So they have some of President trumpet here. But I'm the only reason I want to play it for you because al Gore sounds like he's been um um. I don't know. Al Gore just sounds it's kind of eight. Al Gore just sounds like, well, anyway, here it is at all.
Speaker 6: Our constitution, written by our founders. He is intended to protect us against identical to Donald Trump, someone who seeks power at all costs to get more power.
Speaker 7: Former as al Gore came out swinging against Lesden.
Speaker 2: Trump Drill, Baby Drill yesterday.
Speaker 7: Push for the use of fossil fields Monday at the start of SF Climate Week at San Francisco's Exploratorium.
Speaker 6: Anywhere in the world where there is an effort to pass legislation or regulations that reduces the burning of fossil fuels, they are there, with their money, with their lobbyists, with their captive politicians, blocking it as best they can.
Speaker 7: Gore, who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in two thousand and seven for his work on climate change, spoke to this crowd just like Speaker America Nancy Pelosi and San Francisco Mayor Daniel Lurry, but it was Gore whose energy seemed to resonate.
Speaker 6: Right now, the entire continent of Africa, fastest growing population in the world, has fewer solar panels installed in the single state of Florida in the United States of America. That's undus grace.
Speaker 7: San Francisco's Climate Week includes fifteen hundred organizations and more than six hundred events this week in the city, the largest in all of the United States.
Speaker 8: The climate movement is growing rights here in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you a lot hell part. I'm chesting on the Lord power for power and right.
Speaker 1: Now, the whole Africa, all.
Speaker 2: Them dark people all did I say that? All them? Docar? Did I? Oh? All them?
Speaker 9: Ni? Ah?
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, all those people over there in Africa, Afrika, all them people over there in Africa, they don't have solar panels. And by God, they have more solar panels down there in that Ronda Santra state than they have in the whole of Africa. And it's old Donald Trunk's fall, and oh, our gord're talking about people and their money. And never mind how much money I donet made on this climate change stuff, but people in their power I sped a lot of hour. Oh gory, now, Gore, let's do this. Let's take a break early because ah, I want to move into a student loan till we get back. James Golder's third read, Don't Go Away.
Speaker 10: The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network. The Rush Hour with James Golden Entertaining and informative.
Speaker 1: On the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 11: I got a job living in my car, okay, no way, I dressed pitch all right. Found out that my employer voted for Trump, and guess who quits I did?
Speaker 12: And then okay, had.
Speaker 11: This guy like all interested in me because I'm hot and young, okay cool, and was like I have this room that you can stay in for a cheaper rate.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 11: Found out he was a trumpy and guess who decided to stay in her? Are me me? Because that's how against I am of that Orange dictator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bab, thanks for hurting us all by living in your car and not working and remaining single too, honey. James Golding slurly with it here both starely his Rush Hour. Okay, ladies and gentlemen, It all started with a short little one minute and seven exchange from the Secretary of Education cut ten, Linda McMahon, and this is how it all began.
Speaker 13: We have gosh almost one point seven trillion dollars in student debt and none of the collections have been made since March of twenty twenty. So it's time to have people be accountable again for their debts. But it's not We're not trying to to make it difficult for anyone. So there are many options that those who have outstanding loans can go to. They should go to student aid dot gov to find out. We have longer hours for them to call to find out if they have other options. We have actually an AI aiden that can answer questions for them. So we're trying to put lots of plans in place so that people who do have loans outstanding can bring themselves up to date. You know, we have over five million people that are in default, and that means their credit scores are affected. If they want to buy a home or buy a car, it's very difficult for them. So we'd like to help them get out of default. But at the same time, this is something they owe. This is money they borrowed to go to school and other taxpayers shouldn't have to pay this burden.
Speaker 1: I think that's very clear.
Speaker 2: Well, it may be very clear to you, it might be very clear to me, Carlos. Is it clear to you that if you borrow moneies in somehow or another, you expected to pay it back?
Speaker 14: Depends what borrow the money from. Really, if it's like a best friend or something, they should know that they probably want to see their back really, and that's the same expectation I have for my best friend. You know, if I give him money, I don't really expect to see it back because it's like I'm helping him out. It is what it is. That's why best friends are there. Oh but are you talking about the bank? Yeah, yeah, I need to give the money back, yeah, hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh huh. All right, let's go to Cutty Levin. Let's see what the reaction is among people young, these people that actually have the loans.
Speaker 4: Someonech So today Trump started talking about how he's going to force us to start paying back our student loans by garnishing our wages, and a lot of conservatives are really happy about that.
Speaker 1: They're saying, oh, thank.
Speaker 4: God, all these freeloaders are going to pay back the money that they borrowed. Let me tell you something. I didn't borrow a damn dime. I was seventeen years old. My mother forced me to take out that loan, and if I couldn't know, she was going to throw me out and make me homeless. So I'm not alone in this. I know that many many children were put in the same situation. And the solution is simple.
Speaker 1: We should not have our wages garnished.
Speaker 4: The boomers should have their damn retirement accounts and social Security checks garnished for forcing college onto us, forcing us out, forcing us.
Speaker 1: To take unsustainable loans. It's just screwed up.
Speaker 4: Student loan forgiveness is the only ethical choice, and the Boomers aren't going to give it to us, So we need to go if they go after their money.
Speaker 2: Okay, my mommy forced me to take the loan. Take the boomers money. We have more. Don't go away those stamies.
Speaker 10: Rush Hour continues The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network. The Rush Hour with James Golden Entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 8: Well, of course, but it sounds to me like they are I mean, listen to what the administration said today. They've got all these trade agreements that are lining up right now. It sounds like India and Japan are on deck. It sounds like even the Treasury Secretary, Scott Bessen is talking about getting something done with China here separately from all the other allies that we're dealing with. So it feels like the administration is moving towards a situation where they're going to be able to argue that the president's strong posture on tariffs brought people to the table, created more fair trade agreements, and put the American worker in.
Speaker 1: A better position. That's my hope.
Speaker 8: I think if that's where they go, the markets will respond to that, and then hopefully the President will get the second half of his economic package, which has got to come from the Congress, who still needs to make the tax cuts permanent, do the energy changes, and so on and so forth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are dancing Scott Jenings of course on the c and then pounalt he always nails it, James going on and slurnly. Let us get back my friends too. You know some of you out there raise these people. I'm just gonna say it, some of us okay, because I know what it's like. Well in certain respects, Carlos, you have no idea how entitled your generation feels. How they think they are entitled to everything because they are born, They showed up on the planet, and therefore we're entitled. Oh we can borrow money, but we somebody else's apposed to pay it back. Why he made me take the money out, So take the money from them, this generation. And trust me on this. You don't know this because you weren't around for the older generations, even older than mine. My generation was the bunch of spoiled brats for the most part. I mean, we but we still have a work ethic in many parts of our general We still believe in hard work, work, work. I'm not saying you don't. I'm saying members of your generation only. I'm not making this personal, Carlos him. Maybe I don't know, but you're the generation. You hear it. The entitlement they are. They're on the planet, and therefore nothing's ever their fault. Someone else always did it. They can never figure out just how to work and just do the work to make it happen. Let's go, let's go down the line on this we started with that guy, play that guy again, blaming his mama to take eleven and just go right down the line on these student loans, just go one after the other.
Speaker 4: Trump started talking about how he's going to force us to start paying back our student loans by garnishing our wages, and a lot of conservatives are really happy about now.
Speaker 1: They're saying, oh, thank.
Speaker 4: God, all these freeloaders are going to pay back the money that they borrowed. Well, let me tell you something. I didn't borrow a damn dime. I was seventeen years old. My mother forced me to take out that loan, and if I didn't, she was going to throw me out and make me homeless.
Speaker 1: So I'm not alone in this.
Speaker 4: I know that many many children were put in the same situation, and the solutions simple.
Speaker 1: We should not have our wages garnished.
Speaker 4: The boomers should have their damn lomanent accounts and Social Security checks garnished for forcing college onto us, forcing us out, to forcing us to.
Speaker 1: Take unsustainable loans. It's just screwed up.
Speaker 4: Student loan forgiveness is the only ethical choice, and the boomers aren't going to give it to us, So we need to go if they're go after their money, getting.
Speaker 15: Absolutely flooded with comments like this, like you got a student.
Speaker 1: Loan, just pay it back.
Speaker 15: Most people signed up for these loans when they were eighteen years old. They did not understand the impacts it was going to have on their life, how an expensive college was going to be, how much debt they were going to get into. And now they are starting off life with fifty one hundred thousand dollars in debt. And it is so hard to get a job right now with a degree. And when you even get that job, it pays.
Speaker 12: You hardly anything.
Speaker 2: It is not enough even so a lot, not.
Speaker 4: Much less pay rent.
Speaker 15: How the are you supposed to pay a loan.
Speaker 1: Back that big work work.
Speaker 15: This is an exploitative system that targets eighteen year olds that don't have a fully dollar prefrontal cortex. And then they become adults and they are riddled with debt in a mound of like in just such a big hole they can't crawl out of. We are just celebrating other people's poverty.
Speaker 12: Is that what we're doing?
Speaker 1: That's gross?
Speaker 15: Shut thatack up, seriously, this is gonna hurt five million Americans.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, you have money back, people will lose.
Speaker 5: Their homes, people will become homeless.
Speaker 2: It can make a plan.
Speaker 4: Do you have a heart?
Speaker 1: Yeah, money back to you. Why do you care so much? Seriously, because we have.
Speaker 2: To don't keep going.
Speaker 15: Yay?
Speaker 5: Love that for me.
Speaker 16: And not only that, but I am now in debt to the US Department of Education.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, I'm sorry that was dissolved.
Speaker 16: I am now in debt to the SBA, that's the Small Business Administration. Don't that sound crazy. I'm down to a whopping twenty seven thousand, five hundred and fifty four dollars and twenty four cents. I was eighteen when y'all gave that to me. It's a predatory practice. I didn't know my notes. For my fe and for everyone that's saying, oh well, y'all took out the loans, I want you all to think back to whenever y'all were eighteen, and all the stupid that y'all done. Millions of Americans are barely making it by. We're hanging out by a thread, we're living in hell. The cost of everything a sky high. And here y'all, y'all talking about some student loans right now, right now, y'all can't be serious.
Speaker 9: Nothing to give. I don't have a wage to garnish.
Speaker 15: Will they just drop the student loan bomb.
Speaker 12: The federal government just announced that it's coming for your loans and collections begin May fifth.
Speaker 15: For student loan debt.
Speaker 12: If you're in default, they can garnish your wages, they can take your tax return, and they can even take like your benefits like Social Security, and if you still can't pay it and the default, they're going to send you to collections.
Speaker 1: They're about five point.
Speaker 17: Three million people in the United States right now in default. This is going to hurt the people that are already struggling the most. They are really just trying to absolutely cripple as many people as it's.
Speaker 15: Pretty clear they want us completely broke.
Speaker 12: They don't give about our health, they don't really get it if we die, oh please, and everything. This really just paves the path for so much more bullying. I just realized it's about the same amount of people that have been at the protests.
Speaker 17: Interestingly, we'll see you guys first.
Speaker 9: That's the next one, y'all. They're about to start garnishing people's wages whose student loans are in default.
Speaker 1: No I'm not kidding. I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: I know that there is a literal avalanche of news happening at every moment, and that every guy headline is breaking news headline. But this is really serious and people need to know because it could ruin people's lives and of.
Speaker 1: Course the trumble.
Speaker 2: That they owe back.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, long story short, a lot of people received a pause on their student loans needing to be repaid back in twenty twenty during the pandemic. Okay, Well, the Trunk Administration has decided that even though they is falling apart, it seems, and lords even knows what the unemployment numbers are right now, is currently the right time to start garnishing people's wages to retrieve this money. This process is going to start May fifth, and they're saying that they're going to give people whose wages are going to be garnished a thirty day warning. And I don't know if that means that, like letters are going out May fifth, Are they spending electronic notifications? I'm really not sure. They're going to be using the same department that they use in order to send taxes and collect taxes through direct deposit. It's called the Treasury Department Offset program. There are currently five point three million borrowers that are in default right now, right this second, Yeah, the United slots, and they expect that number to be ten million within the next few months. And they weren't taking people's money out of their paychecks.
Speaker 2: Taking their money. When you borrowed them money, it had to be paid back. That was the assumption. That is the assumption that is being made when you sign your name on the little line that says you're going to pay the money back. Now, I do have some sympathy. I have been host on things that I have signed and I looked later and then they pointed to a paragraph and said, no, no, no, you signed this and it said blah blah blah. But I didn't read that part of it. Well you should have. Yeah, that happens, and you pay the price. I understand some of these kids were in school, they were young uns, and their parents they wanted to go to college. They could have told their parents, no, I'm not going to college. I can afford it. I can't afford the loans. I don't I'm not gonna take the loans. You can't afford it. So you know what I'm gonna go get a yob. They didn't do that. They went to school, they signed their names, they took the money. That reminds me of that Terrence Tent Terrence Trent Darby's signed your name across my heart. You signed, you signed your name. You owe the money. Now, the government is not sending out big mic to collect the money. They're not gonna put a big on the money. They're simply saying, Okay, make an arrangement, pay back your debts. And these young stirs are having hissy fits. They're cursing, they're screaming, they're yelling. They're blaming their mommies, they're blaming the government, they're blaming Trump. It's their loan that they think they're entitled to not pay it back and make taxpayers nameless taxpayers pick up their tabs. Yes, I want you to say.
Speaker 14: I heard the second woman, and she she sounds straight up stupid, to be honest, because she claimed that she was she wasn't cognitive enough when eighteen to know that, oh yeah we can get a loan, you have to return the money. And then what did you actually do with the money? What did your mom you know that force you do with the money, probably should provide for you unless she you know, buy but BMW or a porish or something like that. But like the money went to you went to you know, wait, like what and.
Speaker 2: Do you find it odd that the woman this woman's argument, just I'm glad you raised that. Can you play that one more time because I have another point based on your thought, I believe that would be numbered. Is that number twelve? Number twelfeen, number fourteen? Okay, well let's try it and we'll we'll find out real quick.
Speaker 12: Will.
Speaker 15: They just dropped the student loan bomb.
Speaker 12: The federal government just announced that it's coming for your loans and collections.
Speaker 1: Begin May fifth.
Speaker 15: Be flooded with comments like this, like you got a student loan, just pay it back. Most people signed up for these loans when they were eighteen years old.
Speaker 2: This is it.
Speaker 15: They did not understand the impacts it was going to have on their life, how expensive college was going to be, how much debt they were going to get into, and now they are starting off life with fifty one hundred thousand dollars in debt.
Speaker 2: And okay, you start your job right. You just raised an interesting point. She's saying, most people signed these loans. They were eighteen years old. They didn't have a clue as to what it meant, didn't have Wait a minute, you're telling us at the same time that it's okay for three and four year olds to change their gender. You're telling us that kids can decide when they're two, three, four, five, six seven how to change their gender. You're telling us that when it's when you're sixteen seventeen, you shouldn't be asking your parents about abortion, because Lordie knows, if you want to go in there and have some butchered up, you're a JJ. Then you are in your full you're an adultuck for goodness sake, you know. And now why why we were only eighteen? We didn't know when we are when we get eighteen years old? Which is it? Are they adults at eighteen? Are they fully functioning members of society or are they still immature somewhat children that can't be taken seriously at eighteen years old and can't be trusted to sign legal documents because they really they don't know anyway. My friends James, oh, yes, we do have to check in with miss Nigro, don't we. My friend's up next is keeping The Live In Alive with Debbie Nigro sponsored by Native Path Collagen.
Speaker 10: The Rush Hour with James Golden on the Red Apple Podcast Network. The Rush Hour with James Golden Entertaining and Informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network. James Golden, we call bos Nerdly presents Rabbit Phones.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Dorine in Queens, New York. Doren, how are you.
Speaker 18: I'm good, always listening, but I enjoy your callers. Now I'm going to be one. I raised the sun to pay back his student loans. Cod whoa. He took the year pause and I said, hello, don't you have bills to pay?
Speaker 5: Went?
Speaker 18: Yeah, he goes, but it's in pause. I go, I don't care what's in pause, because it's gonna go at a pause and at least pay something. You can't pay the whole thing, give them a partial payment until you can pay them back the full monthly amount. He said, Okay, I got it, And right now he got an excellent rating on his credit and he has a car loan. And that is the reason why I love it.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Doreen Edward, You're up next. Thank you for waiting.
Speaker 4: Love you, bo quick one check out the demo version of Let's Dance if you can find it on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Stevie ray Vaughn plays on its a.
Speaker 6: Little bit more rock in than pop and it's awesome.
Speaker 15: You should check it out.
Speaker 2: Love it. Thank you, m hmm clothes to.
Speaker 6: Play some bumper music?
Speaker 18: Can you give me some If this world was mine with Tammy and Marvin, Marvin.
Speaker 2: And Tammy, oh man, I would love to do that. We can put that into rotation one day. It's one of my favorites. Thank you. Mary in New Ooh's time is up. We gotta go. I'm so sorry, darn it. And we have a call on Christy Nomes purse getting snatched, and all these days later there has been nothing of an arrest. The guys on camera, three grand multiple IDs, the Department of Homeland Security, the head gets their personals. We gotta go. My God bless protect Teach and every single one of you, your families, your loved ones. God willing back tomorrow for both Earli's edition. Until then, did you want to bye?
Speaker 19: Thanks for listening to Bo Snrdley's Rush Hour. You can hear Bo Snrdley's Rush Hour Weekdays at four on seventy seven WABC. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcasts platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 1: What the heck is going on here