Speaker 1: Five oh five and thinking about KRC Detalk station Happy Fridays, say a Va, you know it's Friday. I thanks you for the woohoo. Joe Struker Brian Thomas right here, glad to be especially on a Friday. It's my favorite time of week and there's no offense to my listening audience. I get to exhale after the night, after the mic goes off at nine o'clock and I don't have to think about world disorder and problems and insanity until Sunday morning when I wake up and I turned the laptop on and I start diving into the news again. So only get a brief respite from it, but I certainly enjoy it. And I can't thank you enough for tuning into the fifty five Cassee Morning Show. And I can't thank tech Friday's Day have Hatter enough for coming on every Friday, which has now been named by Million Podcasts one of the best technology podcasts in the United States. He had announced with guys say on Facebook, I'm thrilled to tech Friday on fifty five. Casey Radio has been named a Million Podcasts. That is the name of the organization Million Podcasts. Top one hundred cybersecurity podcasts.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: We did not apply nor did we pay for the recognition. So it's very gratifying that our efforts to provide timely and helpful information designed to keep you and your family and your organization productive, resilient, and secure are being recognized by the industry. It's very cool to make to see the list with some of my favorite podcasts like Darknet Diaries and others. So he personally thanked me. He thanked Joe Strecker Productions for all the eleven years who've been doing Tech Friday and interest it. Of course his sponsor the program, that's his company, so they're at number thirty nine on the list. The full list he posted on his Facebook length. So congratulations Dave Hatter. It is a distinct pleasure to have you on the program every week, and I can't thank you enough for sharing the information. It does keep people out of trouble, or at least it should if you heed Days Andvice every week. Speaking of that, everything you say on your echo is sent to Amazon. There's topic number one everything Big Brothers in your house. You put it there. Nobody made you go there. I mean, you know, at least in George Orwell's nineteen eighty four. You were forced to have the Big but Brother monitoring system in your home. You guys have brought it into your own home. Will it mix things easy? Yeah? Well fine, yeah. I do not understand people's willingness to just do something like that. I never have. I'm not going to participate. I refuse to abide. I mean, it's bad enough for the device all. Speaking of which teen eighty four and in the top three stories that we're going to talking about with Dave Ohio porn bill eighty four more like nineteen eighty four. That was kind of my reaction. Also, it's a stupid bill because all you need to do is get a VPN and pretend like you're in some other state or country outside the confines of Ohio, and you can log in without providing your facial ID and your your driver's license everything else they want you to submit to watch porn online. You decide whether it's appropriate to watch porn online. I do not like the idea that children have access to it, but welcome to the world in which we live. There are protections you can put on your smart devices and your home devices to prevent your children from accessing it. That should be your responsibility. But this thing is truly or well you know, and I'm glad you're at least from the topic list. Dave shares my concerns in that regard. And finally here's another one, moving from echo listening to literally everything you say and sending it to Amazon. Android phones are tracking you before you even sign in. Unsettling. Yes, seven oh five Steve shoemake Dark World Saga Trillly Trilogy. There's three books you need to go over with Steve. I guess there are science fiction sort of books, works of fiction. Not a huge fan of science fiction, Honestly, I don't read much or I haven't read a whole lot of science fiction. But Steve will come on the program to talk about these three books and why they are relevant to our world today. Corey Bowman running from mayor Apparently it's going to be a debate next week, Corey Bowman back in studio to talk about the Merrill race and what he's gonna well hopefully offer to the City of Cincinnati. By way of contrast to aftab per Ball score to the Phones five on three, seven nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight and two three talk eight pound five fifty if you got an AT and T phone, maybe something you want to talk about, like mister Tuba and the Department of Education. But welcome back, mister Tuba. How many times you've been playing you play Happy Birthday over the last week.
Speaker 3: I guess it's somewhere between six and eight.
Speaker 1: There you go every single day he's got He's just a wonderful guy remembering folks birthday and Tuba out the Happy Birthday tune. So I appreciate when you do it on the morning show. Here, mister two, let's say you want to pivot over and talk about the Department of Education.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: Indeed, you are aware, and I will inform the audience at cards. I am a retired teacher, yes, and I am ecstatic that the Department of Education, at the very least has been neutered.
Speaker 1: I share your excitement on that. And you know that's how we end up with woke ideology being taught in schools in lieu of reading, writing, and arithmetic. I don't know how the teachers unions can stay can be so outraged when the scores the nation's testing scores are on the decline. Baltimore School District alone, there's like thirteen schools there. Not one single student can read or perform mathematics at grade level. I mean, how can you defend that? Again defending the inevinsible and Department of Educations. One of the reasons that that problem exists.
Speaker 3: Help the union teachers. Different teachers join the union for very complicated reasons. And I was a very reluctant member. And but the unions are out of control, and they exist for themselves, and they I will take they do not exist for rank and file teachers. But the fact that we now have fewer education bureaucrats is a step in the right direction. And I have now I'm now able to forgive Ronald Reagan for not doing this because it's getting done. And so that's all I have to say about it.
Speaker 1: Well, having been there, mister Tuba, did you capitulate to pressure when you joined the union? You say you were a reluctant member. What what will caused you to go ahead and join the unions by your reluctance?
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's just terribly terribly complicated. I'm my colleagues did not particularly pressure me. It's you know, they were the one they were part of the negotiations with the board. And keep in mind this is quite a few years ago, sure, and you know you had this sense of obligation too, and to be a part of what you know of your negotiating.
Speaker 1: Can you articulate a syllable as to what they promised to do for you as a teacher by becoming a member of the teachers union and paying dues?
Speaker 3: And my brain was simply at the local level, and I was forced to accept the state and.
Speaker 1: National forced to accept that sounds like pressure being brought to bear on mister too, But honestly it was.
Speaker 3: It was inner pressure. And it's it's prely complicated.
Speaker 1: And you keep saying it's complicated. It seems to me a matter of simplicity. What are they offering you that is making beneficial for you to join the union or are they not offering you something it's beneficial to join the union. And you created internal psychological pressure on yourself. You say that was not predicated on exterior pressure that you got. You made it up in your own head. Mister Tuba, I find that little hard to believe.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Well, I was no way.
Speaker 3: I was not a libertarian back in those days.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was a.
Speaker 3: Very very long time ago, and I'm a very different person from then.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with that, And you know, I mean, I've evolved over time politically, and I think I'm in a better place now politically than I was when I was a radical right winger in high school in college. But you know that's a political but still I was dominated by logic and reason, and if something was not logical or reasonable, if they couldn't come up with a single thing they were planning on doing for me as a consequence of my union dues, that would have said no, I mean, what's the benefit of belonging to an organization and paying into it if they're not giving you anything or they're not doing something favorable for you. And the idea that you be pressured in some way, and I think you probably were, in spite of your reluctance to admitute today, I mean that, you know, that makes it even more wrong from my perspective. That's why I be willing to stand and just stand up and out loud say hell no, you're not going to pressure me to doing something because you're not offering me anything. Just my take.
Speaker 3: Yes, Well, I.
Speaker 1: Wasn't there, mister Tuble. I don't need to unload on you this morning. But you brought it up, man, you brought it up.
Speaker 5: But anyway, I'm I'm just glad that things are turning out the way they are and that the world has fewer bureaucrats.
Speaker 1: Fewer bureaucrats, amen, and I think maybe a little bit more oversight, and I'll touch upon that topic when we come back. You hang in there, my friend. Keep doing what you're doing. You put a smile on people's faces every single day with the with the two but happy birthdays. Appreciate you listening to the show as well. Five fifteen fifty five k CD talk station got more to talk about, including the need for more oversight in government where the dollars go. A couple of illustrations of that right after these preports. It's like, indeed, five eighteen gets you out of bed language and words from let Me.
Speaker 6: Tell you.
Speaker 7: To kill it?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: You should incorporate some more system of a down into our bumper music. There, Joe's Moore get out of bed music anyhow. Five one three, seven two three Talk found five fifty on AT and T phone we need more oversight in federal government in terms of where the money's going. There is literally no oversight at least it appears based upon the fraud, waste, and abuse that's being uncovered and a couple of stories I here, get a load of this. FEMA Federal Emergency Management Agency received two hundred and seventy thousand applications from purported homeowners as a consequence of those recent Los Angeles fires. How many homes do you think were destroyed? Thirteen thousand? Nothing to see here, twenty times the number of eligible applicants actually submitted applicants. Now, Apparently, many displaced residents tried applying for FEMA relief, finding that someone else had already applied in their name with their address and locking them out of the system. They attempted to make the relief funds easier to apply for, but that resulted in fraudsters making taking advantage. How easy it is to game the system. To point it out that identity theft and natural disasters is not uncommon, especially when maps for affected areas and addresses are easily available online, and you have your online real estate sites and your online auditor sites, all of which identify the names and owners of the various the real estate property you own. Apparently only several individuals have been arrested for fraud and connection with these grants in the LA Fires. One is suspected of having collected on a similar fraudulent application for two decades ago, going back to Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. Hurry up, rush, throw a whole bunch of money at it. We learned this with the PPP loans, didn't we ah tivoting over this one is mind boggling, but it's an illustration of what happens when you just throw gobs of money, American taxpayer money without any oversight. Finally, justice is served here. Leader of Minnesota Anti hunger nonprofit convicted in US district court yesterday of masterminding what is described in the reporting a brazen scheme reaping more than two hundred and forty million dollars in pandemic relief funds through a network of bogus food kitchens that build a government for ninety one million meals. Leader of the nonprofit, named a woman named Amy Bach, forty four, convicted by a jury on seven counts, including wire fraud and fraud and bribery. Another defendant Salem Said, thirty six year old who oversaw one of the bogus kitchens, convicted of twenty counts, including wire fraud and bribery. She was charged in twenty twenty two. Federal prosecutors set her scheme was the biggest known fraud against government's COVID nineteen relief program. At least seventy people were charging the scheme. More than forty pleted guilty or have been convicted. Last year, another case related to the same scandal made national news when news when someone attempted to bribe a juror in a separate trial by leaving about one hundred and twenty thousand dollars cash at her home in a Hallmark gift back. Five people later charged with bribery in that case. Judge Nancy Brazil, after the jury verdict, ordered ms Bach and mister Sage to remain in jail to await their sentencing. Charges carry potential sentence more than a decade in prison. Fraud's gem targeted two programs meant to feed hungry children. Oh it's the hungry, we need to help them. Oh, my God, who could stand in the way of feeding the hungry? Not me, but you know what. How about a little oversight Funded by the US Department of Agriculture administered by the state of Minnesota. The system relied on non profit groups, which are called sponsors, to be its watchdogs, allocating financial oversight to some other outside entity that apparently was involved in the scheme. They were supposed to oversee individual kitchens and feeding sites and make sure they were not inflating the number of children served. Wait for it, when the pandemic hit, the federal government flooded money into the program. I'm the problem. Trying to reach children who apparently out of school and therefore unable to rely on school lunch is another problem with the lockdown, Right, you lock down schools and then turn you turn away kids who otherwise would have gotten a free school lunch, exacerbating that problem. Then you create a program with literally millions and millions and millions of taxpayer dollars to feed the kids who you locked out of school. The government apparently also relaxed oversight, putting even more trust in these so called watchdogs the sponsors. Ms Bach ran a sponsor nonprofit called Feeding Our Future. Prosecutors said she'd conspired with dozens of people to set up two hundred and fifty non existent feeding operations around Minnesota and use their oversight power to hide the network from the government. By law, her nonprofit got a cut of the money. Prosecutors said it had eventually totalled eighteen million dollars. Now here's where the numbers come in. Many thick operations submitted invoices for implausibly large numbers of children. You know, I'm just drawing a parallel here the Social Security Administration having thousands and more than millions of literally impossible to be alive people on the books. There is no oversight. Thank you Doge for waking America up for that one. How could this go through and have been a thing for so long? Mister Said's operations said it had fed six thousand children a day, which was more than all the children in the zip code. One other instance of a man said he was feeding five thousand children every night from a location that turned out to be a second floor apartment. Prosecutor said that members of Box network had used the proceeds to sche on the scheme to buy homes, cars, commercial buildings. Bach herself funnel more money, funnel money to her boyfriend at the time, and used it to take trips to Las Vegas and rent Lamborghinis. Now, Minnesota got suspicious apparently back in twenty twenty so they were kind of onto this fairly early on in the scheme. They tried to stop payments. Someone wrote wtf after this the nerve and the huevos. She sued the state government after that, after they stopped payments, saying the officials were discriminating against her network because it served many African immigrants and their children. So all this day called in the FBI, which then investigated and raided her home back in twenty twenty two. In the days after the ray Bach told The New York Times that she was unaware there had been any fraud in the operations, and if there was fraud, she said, every test we have in place, every protection we have in place, didn't catch it. Is it possible, absolutely, And if they got one over on us, I will help hold them accountable. Well, welcome to the world of karma. Bite in the butt. Maybe late, but at least it happened. And you think this is the the only illustration of the kind of fraud, waste and abuse that's going on. They make it so easy for people to get money and never ever ever look to find out where the money went. Check out usaid, did that twenty million dollars to fund Sesame Street and in Iraq? Really go there and do that? Or did it land in someone else's pocket? Five six fifty five car CD talk stations stick around more to talk about local news rather hear from you. If you have a conversation you want to start, please feel free. I promise you I won't give you a hard time like I did mister Tube. But sorry, mister Toobe, I'd be right back. Thank you for taking me. There you go, Thanks show five thirty and a happy Friday to you. Get out of bed music man.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I've been really listening to a lot of system of Late going Late Bloomer anyhow five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five eight hundred D two three Taco Time, five fifty even et and t phone. Trump signed the Executive Road yesterday afternoon in to White House ceremony attended by some Republican governors, including Governor Mike DeWine, who said at the meeting today, I joined President Trump and several fellow governors at the White House to support the President's proposal to turn education back to the States. Of course, Trump directed his Education secretary living them and to take all actionable, all necessary steps to facilitate the closure of the Department of Education and return education authority to the States. Also calls for the uninterrupted delivery of services, programs, and benefits on which Americans rely. Your funding isn't going away. In fact, you may have more flexibility with the funding. Maybe they just give you a block grant that doesn't have obligations on your state to teach things like women can be men and men can be women, and you must abide DEI and CRT obligations to be taught in schools, using up valuable time which otherwise would have been serve by teaching children mathematics and reading something that actually benefit their lives. Yeah, well, we can hope for a future that includes that reality. But for those people wailing and gnashing tea saying that the funding is going away, there has been one hasn't been one syllable about taking funding away. It's just going to grease the skids. So your local school district didn't have to spend all of its time filling out paperwork to show they've complied with federal government edicts and mandates. Oh, that's one area where they actually follow it, and they do force you to comply, and they do monitor and regulate it. Thank you Local story for Mike to Wine showing up there allowing the to vent my spleen. Here in Ohio House Republicans approved the build to overhaul Ohio public universities and colleges over Democrats objections. Senate Bill one past the Ohio Representatives fifty eight to thirty four. We had donovantly on Americans for Prosperity pushing this one just the other day. Happened pretty quickly. Proposed law would eliminate diversity, equity and Inclusion program scholarships, and along those lines, prohibit faculty from striking, prevent universe to use, from taking positions on what they call controversial beliefs. Maybe a First Amendment issue on that one, and allow tenured professors to be fired after reviews. Universities and colleges that refuse to comply with the changes will lose state funding, or at least they risk losing state funding. So that passed and actually again went really quickly. Let's see here, Well, I'll take Pete's call. I can take him before I move on. We'll see if Pete uses up the time, or I'll go back to the local stories. Pete, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Friday, Sam to you, Brian, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 8: Hey, on the subject of waste and fraud, it is must just recently reported he found fourteen computers in the Treasury Department that he calls the magic computers.
Speaker 1: They just print money out of air.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 8: Where it goes or gets it, But it sounds like those people in Minnesota went a lot more trouble than whoever's running those computers.
Speaker 2: They make it easy.
Speaker 1: Yes, I read that article and I you know much dismay as well as amusement. It doesn't shock me. I mean, when you start dealing with literally trillions and trillions of dollars in outlays, and even more than that, beyond what they take in, they churn out an additional two trillion dollars in outlays annually. A trillion is a thousand billion, a billion is one thousand million. You mean you see them, just mountains and mountains of cash to flow out. Who could possibly follow the paper trailer that money thro'n't enough human beings in the United States of America. If they were all if we were all accountants, we were all actuaries or you know, trained in following those dollars, I don't I think it would overwhelm the entire United States population. That's the problem. Federal government is too damn big, and it takes in and spends out too much money. I mean, we lost our way somewhere along the way, and thinking the federal government had the solutions of all our problems. All there's starving children. We need a program for that. Who could be against that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Look how easy it is to build the American taxpayer just because you, you know, promised and bleed on you your heart bleeds for starving children. Legitimate cause, yes, an opportunity for fraud, absolutely, And we've got a declining morality and ethics problem in this country. I'm not sure if it's people's you know, straying from the religious norms and believing that stealing is a sin, or if it's connected with something broader, or maybe it's just the Internet that's created an opportunity for people who otherwise might not have been able to figure out how to defraud the federal government. The online forms let you apply. Look, two hundred and forty thousand people applied for Los Angeles fire relief from FEMA, and there's only thirteen thousand burned residents. How did that happen? I wonder and all Jinda this morning five thirty five, if stack is stupid, might mellow things out? Please put a smile on your face? Perhaps don't go away.
Speaker 9: Right back fifty five KRC. In this edition of The Marketer's Room, of course Friday gotta do that. My friend Jeffrey chimed in already more primus. It's that time.
Speaker 1: You're right, Jeff, appreciate you. Tenning in the Morning Show five seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two to three, talk. Wow, they've quite a few real horror stories going on the Stack of Stupid, and why not get the most horrific one out of the way. I think about I think about this story in the context of the food service industry. You know, respect your preparers of your food. If you're rude to them or angry with them before you get your food, bad things might happen behind the scenes. I've heard stories, Joe, have you heard stories along those lines as well. No idea what I'm talking about, he said, in language that I really don't believe him being serious. We got to Houston, Texas, where a janitor who worked at a Texas medical facility was just sentenced to six years in prison for spreading sexually transmitted diseases because he pede in women's water balls water bottles, what the hell, infecting at least thirteen women. Proscu's in Houston charged Luccio Cartino Diaz fifty seven with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after epeed or spread bodily fluids other bodily fluids use your imaginational water bottles being provided to women and a Houston area medical office building. Plead a guilty to one count, receive a light sentence of six years in state prison. Remaining cases involving the other women dismissed as part of the plea agreement. Indictments say that he urinated or touched his penis and bodily fluids into the water bottles and then placed them on women's desks. New Carney, Texas resident reportedly infected with herpes and hepatitis, which spread to at least thirteen women. According to Fox twenty six. Houston Reporting Court documents shows several counts of aggravatord assault the deadly weapon were dismissed for technical reasons. Cases re indicted in twenty twenty four. Indictments signed by the three hundred and thirty ninth District Court Judge Teva Bell shows that Defendse was sentenced to six years at the Texans Department of Correct Criminal Justice. He got credit for eight hundred and eighty days he had spent in the Harris County jail awaiting trial eligible parole eligible parole as early as two hundred and fifteen days. Women in the East Houston area medical building became suspicious after tasting and smelling the water in a bottle left on her desh later placed a hidden camera to watch her desk. Video show Diaz, who worked for a janitorial contract acting company, approaching your desk, rubbing his you know what on the interior of the water ball quote, even turning it upwards to ensure he touched the water. When confronted by police, he admitted to the crime and was charge of aggravated assault with the deadly weapon. By twenty twenty three, at least thirteen women reportedly tested positive for STDs. Then a lowsuit was fought against Ez, the cleaning company worked for in the owner of the medical building. The management company lawsuit seeking one million dollars in damage, which seems insufficient given the gravity of these crimes. Thank you, Joe, the.
Speaker 10: Biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche dump. Good going, deuce, your dreams have come.
Speaker 1: True, and let this be a lesson. It's probably not a good idea to leave your wall butter bottle opened on a table after hours. It could have been, you know, a reusable water bottle with a screw off lid. Bad idea to leave it open, because there's crazy people in the world. Jeez, man, I always worried like hell about my daughter being out at bars in colleges and things like that, because it's so easy to you know, throw a date, rate job in a drug in a glass. Never leave your drink unattended, even for a moment. Anyway, facing arrest for pelting his spouse with his lunch and a metal spoon, a louisianam, we aren't going to find out. Louisiman offered police a rather novel legal take. Investigators alleged that a recent verbal argument between Willie Cook, fifty eight, and his wife of thirty five years turned violent when Cook began throwing food at her. He also allegedly threw a through a metal spoon, which hit her in the head. Cop showed up at the Monroe home. They were observed They observed food on the master bed where the victims state of the incident took place. Additionally, police detected a small lump on the back of the victim's head. After being read his rights, Cook declared that it was not unlawful to throw food at his spouse. That claim rejected by the police. Cook arrested for domestic abuse battery. Thank you, li Liam. He spent two days in custody before posting a five hundred dollars bond on the misdemeanor charge. Forty five fifty five KRCD. Is that a crime? Yes, don't go away. I got more stupid coming up or phone calls. It's your choice. Be right back.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Called the pros a zero's AIRD five forty nine fifty five krcdclus station game Friday that part of the day of had an award winning segment it is. That's so awesome. He deserves every bit of accolade and praise he can get because he is awesome at what he does. And of course I appreciate the information he passes along, even if it freaks me out, and it should probably freak you out too. Before I get to back to the stack of stupid, Let's see what Kevin's got this morning. Kevin, thanks for calling a Happy Friday, you sir, Happy Friday.
Speaker 12: Brian want to touch space and get your comments on the latest daily executive order.
Speaker 1: And which I mean. You're talking about Trump's order on closing down to the part of education.
Speaker 12: Trying to cut over thirteen and a half percent of federal funding.
Speaker 2: I'm all for it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that goes to administration and things of that nature, because by all accounts and all reports from everybody who's chimed in on the topic, intellected capacity or appointed capacity has said this will not impact federal money coming to schools. It's just going to be in the form of a block rant. As opposed to dollars being dolled out along with strings attached. At least that's my take on the matter. So they can cut out fat, they can cut out excess employment, they can cut out form filler outers and people who read form from the school district's reporting on their compliance with DEEI and CRT initiatives. I view that as a wonderful thing. That's it, okay. I guess that was the end of the conversation. I did time on in that earlier in the program too, at the bottom of the hour, when commenting on Mike Dewines being there for the issuance of that executive order. Let us see here go to Boca Raton, Florida. Naked sixty seven year old book Ratan woman allegedly threatened a young child and her family with ama chete Machetti, don't Machetti, don't text for those fans of the Machetee films. Vanessa red A Boca Cove Circle arrested, remaining in the Palm Beach County jail as of yesterday morning. A Canadian native charged with indecent exposure of a sexual organ singular aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, who wrote in the report, Deputy M. Russ Russo. Upon arrival, I met with the victims, who advised the following. They were walking with their seven month old child when they observed a white Nissan road driving recklessly through the community, and after the same vehicle circled the complex, it returned, at which point they yelled for the driver to slow down. Driver later identified as Vanessa Reed, then parked, exited the vehicle, and retrieved the machete from the back seat, then stepped toward the victims one parking space away from her vehicle, waving the machete and threatening manner, then shouting obscenities toward the folks there approximately six parking spaces distance away. Both baited during their interviews that they were in fear and they saw the female with the machete, and after a brief moment, Reid returned the machete to her vehicle and proceeded to her second floor apartment. Before entering, she lifted her dress and exposed her genital area in front of them and the child. Once the victims recorded part of the incident she was later it later submitted to the evidence dot Com. Myself and D. S. Johnson went to Unit six twelve speak with her. She opened the door yelling obscenities, then slammed the door shut once she discovered it was the depties at her door and refused to come out and speak. Community service officer confirmed that there were cameras of the event. Of course there were there always are. Based on investigation, probable cause exists to charge her with aggravated assault with the deadly weapon indecent exposure. Apprehended by the street team in front of a residence, she admitted having the machete in her vehicle. When asked about the e ues, she stated, I just swing it around.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh go to Manhattan, New York. Naked guy seen dangling from a Manhattan building yesterday as police conducted a warrant operation seven am sixty Amsterdam Avenue. According to sources, the man was avoiding police, jumped out of the window when officers enter the building. He dangled from the Manhattan building until he was recovered by police. Not clear why the man was the voting police and no word on why he was naked. How hard is it? I? Wasn't there to tell you me. Evansville, Indiana police investigating an indecent exposure call end up with arresting a man for possession of meth n fetamine. There's your answer to the question right up front. Officers called a motormart at the quarter of North Green River Road. Caller told police that a man walked into the gas station naked. Police got there, they talked to a witness who said thirty nine year old Christopher Wolfe was in the bathroom, but actually walked through the store wrapped in his sheet due to end quote accident, close quote what an Officers approached him. They say he was wearing pants but no shirt, was sweating and off balanced. They searched him, found methan fetamine and two glass pipes. Arrested and taken to the Vanderburgh County Jail. WHOA, that's a lot of feces. I think that's the answer to that question, and got time for another one. Go to Waco, Texas, where a man was arrested at a woman found him lying naked next to her juvenile daughter, who he had sex with earlier in the day.
Speaker 11: Do what the hell?
Speaker 1: Damaran Tyreek Veal eighteen charged with indecency with child sexual conduct on March fourteenth, after they would say. Police sent to an undisclosed address after the woman called police saying she found a man naked lying next to her juvenile daughter in the bedroom. Age of the juvenile not specified eighteen year old later identified his veal was still inside the home, hugging the juvenile victim, and police showed up. You know, I'm inclined to say I might have asserted my castle doctrine writes on that one, Joe, you have children of your own, You have daughters of your own. Anyway, moving back, officer spoke to the juvenile victim Courdy. She was initially reluctant to give information about the incident, but the victim eventually told officers that he performed sexual acts with her on the morning of March fourteenth. Police found evidence in the bedroom, including a towel used after the incident and a condom wrapper on the floor. Officers took the juvenile victim to the Baylor, Scott and White Hospital for a safe examination. Bill later arrested and charged booked into the mcclennan County Jail on a ten thousand dollars bond where I'm sure his fellow inmates were treating him appropriately mean five to fivety five KRCD talk Station. We got some time to talk between now and the award winning Tech Friday segment coming up with Dave at Or. I hope you can stick around us. Happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour, not going to.
Speaker 2: Be complicated, and it's going to go very fast.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc the talk station, Hi Friday, six o five at fifty five CARCD talk Station, Happy Friday. Bron Thomas right here welcoming phone calls. This topic you want to talk about five one, three, seven, four, nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talko A top five fifty if you have an AT and T phone. Letting fish Fry list is back up. It is Friday, it is lunch, So Joe Strecker kindly provides us with all the information we need to support your local fish fry. Love those things, Jay Ratliffe. Yesterday I heard media aviation expert on aviation issues. I hope you were to make it to Hunter Oswald's presentation on Herbert Hoover last night. Another great empower Youth Seminar Dan Hills having some problems with the Fairfield Police Department, they retain his organization to help them navigate contract negotiations, including having them figure out what in the hell their insurance pays for medical insurance. That was crazy. They have no idea what they're going to be paying in medical insurance or what the insurance covers. That's really the boiled down version of what I heard yesterday from Dan Hills and a full hour with George Brenneman and his cohort Keith on health initiatives and health issues and better ways to manage our diets for the purpose of, you know, protecting ourselves, feeling better generally speaking, and improving our overall health. As I mentioned two three talk got more to talk about. Of course, lots of stories this morning, but let's turn to the phones first because I see west Sie. Jim's on the phone. Jim, Welcome back, my friend. It's always good hearing from you.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Brian Thomas, and a happy happy Friday. Hey, I might have a solution for our favorite street. Just a little bit off subject, Sunset. There is an event today called witty Fest, and basically it should be called drink Fest. It's a price will chili and it starts around noon. Well, I'm going to send an invitation to our lovely Mayor and his nine cronies and tell them that the fastest and quickest way to Witty Fest is up Queen City and turn turn up.
Speaker 1: Turn on a sunset right, bring you off road vehicle. They like they might. I doubt any of them have traveled that direction.
Speaker 13: Well they all, yeah, they all need either a GPS ord, they need a map. That's for dagon. Sure. But usually at these events a lot of the Democratic politicians do show up. Mister Whitty has to do with all these people when he used to do a thing called Table One, which was like a mini podcast that was mostly Democrats. So mister Whitty is very good friends with a lot of those. But I thought that was a pretty good idea.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 13: They they might see the light and instead of maybe getting the third snow removal truck, now that the snow's basically gone for the year, they might just go ahead and get that get that thing filled in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it certainly deserves some attention. I have no idea what he was talking about. Does PG sent thought every show up at these events anymore, because Joe said if he does watch your drink, I don't even know what he means by that.
Speaker 13: Anyhow, well, you have to watch your drink anytime PG.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, we'll move on. I don't want to, but well.
Speaker 13: Used the companies. Yeah, he was definitely there every time, and especially in a year where they're running. Generally the Democrats do show up for atty other candidates, I should say, and the city manager will pop her head.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure you know, I like your suggestion, and the extent they have shown up in the past, maybe it'll serve to illustrate a profound problem. It's been lingering around for far too many years. That road is like it came from a war zone. And I know those other people out there going, well, what about my road? And I agree with you, Yeah, what about your road? Take care of the damn roads and quit building skate parks or funding non governmental organizations with whatever money you got laying around. Let's do your blanking job.
Speaker 13: That's skate park. That skate park. She must have relatives that want to do that. I just don't understand how they could spend this money and just actually walk with a straight face going down the streets down city by City Hall. And you know that, speaking of that, I drove almost every time I'm downtown across that mural. That thing's going to have to be redone again, and you know every time they redo that. I'm not mistaken around a quarter of a million dollars to paint that mural out in front of the city Hall.
Speaker 1: You mean the Black Lives Matter one? Yeah, well they got really one in Washington, d C. So at taxpayer expenses to put it up and then take it down. Well, I helpe some of them show up, Jim. I think it's an outstanding idea that you invite them. So we'll see if the alignment business increases after their trips up Sunset.
Speaker 13: By the way, Brian real Quick, I was down by Corey yesterday down his coffee shop, so it's going to be pretty good to listen to him this morning. He's got a great little coffee shop down here. I don't know why everybody wants to pick on him, because here's a capitalist. You know, basically, he's bringing tax money into the system and that neighborhood if you drive around when eventually when you get down to his shop, which I know you will if you drive around the block on Dayton Street and all these It's not that bad. There's some really beautiful homes down I.
Speaker 1: Just said that. For years and years I used to travel and drive them down Dayton Street when I worked at the courthouse because I was so impressed with the architect eure and just looked at what how much massive opportunity there is to rehab those beautiful houses. But apparently there's rules and regulations that stand in the way of that. The city has other ideas, at least according to Corey. He'll be joining the program at eight oh five in studio. Look forward to that. Have a great weekend, Jim. Always a pleasure. Let's see what Steve's got this morning, Steve from Independence. Good to hear from you, Steve.
Speaker 14: Yes, sir. And when I'm on hold, I'm thinking, well, I'm going to follow west Side Jim. And I was thinking years and years ago. I followed Bob from Oakley one time on a phone call, and I mentioned it to you, and I said it was like an honor and it's kind of neat to follow west Side Jim. But it doesn't have the same pash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was.
Speaker 1: It was still kind of fun, but it's I missed Bob.
Speaker 14: Bob from Oakley. What a neat guy he was. I mean, he really was interesting.
Speaker 1: Are Brian? I got a file? I got a file? He always had a file on everything that was even if you.
Speaker 14: Talked about something he didn't know anything about.
Speaker 12: He that was yeah, he.
Speaker 14: But he did know a lot about really obscure stuff. Oh yes, he was interesting.
Speaker 1: He's written, he wrote several books on Ohio history. And a brilliant man he was, and certainly has had a lasting impact on the morning show. I love you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I had forgotten about him until you know, it's amazing how your mind works. But Colin, really for two reasons. I'm about to turn sixty three, so we're similar. I retired at sixty two, but I immediately started working a different job three days a week, so I've got four days off every week. You can't wipe the smile off my face. I don't encourage you to do this, but you really sound the last year or so, I mean, the schedule is killing you. I can tell you love what you're doing, but the schedule gets to you. Have you ever thought of doing it on a four day a week basis taken you know, three day weekend. I mean, I think that would do wonders for you. I don't I don't want you to do it because I like listening to you. But for your own sanity, you might you might want to keep it in the back of your mind and think about it.
Speaker 1: Joe chu Is, what about his sanity?
Speaker 14: Well, you know that I cast out was only so big and only caught. You know, I was only fishing for a certain type of fish, and I'm not to think about anyway. I mean, again, it is amazing what it does for you. I'm glad I'm still productive and and you know I'm still I'm too young to not not work. But it's amazing with that, you know, extra couple of days because I used to work multiple jobs too. I've worked six days a week, and it's just it's it's amazing. The other thing I really appreciate when you do the nutrition stuff. I know you did it yesterday in case you're wondering if people are interested. I mean, I'm fascinated by that. And I do have a question from last week. You had somebody on they were talking about the sour dough bread your wife makes What was the problem with that that they that they had.
Speaker 1: Well, she was big into MSG and eradicated MSG, and apparently MSG comes from multiple sources. No, I'm no doctor, but it was doctor Katie pulling up the book Katie read and the name of the book, and you can find it on my blog page along with the podcast of the conversation Fat, Stressed and Sick MSG Processed food in America's Health Crisis. And you know, I still firm the believe that eating homemade bread because it doesn't have any additives or preservatives, it doesn't have a shelf life of you know, like half life of plutonium like wonderbread or whatever, but it tastes a lot better, it's fun to make, and I think it's better for you. So I chimed out loud about that, and she said, well, you know, there are some downsides, which is basically eating bread generally. So nothing's perfect and I hardly eat any of it anyway, could my effort to keep carbs out of my diet. So I'm going to ignore that recommendation and continue down my path with preservative additive free homemade our bread Zarado bread from my wife, who is awesome at making it, and I appreciate you, honey, for doing it every week. And I appreciate the kind word Steve. I really do. And as I've pointed out many times over the years, even though I do have to get up at two thirty, this job beats the hell out of practicing Law six fifteen fifty five krc DE talk station Foreign Exchange, getting touched to Foreign Exchange, make an appointment, get your car fixed for less money than the dealer, and get it fixed with a full warranty on parts and service after that, as certified mechanic works on your car has access to your manufacturer's technical information. I don't care where the car came from, whether it's an Asian or European traditionally manufactured automobile, from the exotic to the mundane. They can service it and you'll have a smile on your face knowing that you didn't pay nearly as much as the dealer to have the car serviced, and speaking a dealer, you're going to go to the dealer for things under warranty. It's a great idea to have Foreign Exchange check your card to a bumper to bumper at check up on that car before it goes out of warranty because they can uncover things. My wife's car is under warranty, but headed up there for an oil change and they found quite a few little do dads that need to be fixed under warranty. Got a schedule an appointment with the dealer to have that taken care of. Thanks you, Foreign Exchange. Just an illustration of what they can do for you. But you can give them a call at five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six. That's the number for the west Chester location, which is where we go Tylersville. Eg's at Office seventy five East two streets, hang right, find them online Foreign X four in the letter X dot com.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC. Did you know that forty percent?
Speaker 1: John and I first one to woe caass two day mostly sunny with a high fifty four forty two, overnight with claire skies, fifty six with mostly sunny skies. Tomorrow overnight thirty two with partly cloudy skies, and then rain and storms are expected on Sunday. They see severe weather as possible with a higher fifty five thirty two degrees. Right now traffic update time.
Speaker 15: Chuck Ingram from the UC health tramphis. The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset called Directal Cancer program called five one three five eighty five UCCCE Highway traffic not bad at all to deal with this morning. North Found seventy five continues under ten minutes between Florence and the bridge. South Found seventy one looks good. Two pass fight for Jock Ingbramont fifty five KA. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty five K see the talk station. Happy Friday. I went three seven fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk love. Hearing from the listeners, David, you hanging out with my dad? Uh timp over phones real quick. Here see what Bobby's got this morning. Bobby, welcome to the morning show. Happy Friday, my brother, back at you, my friend.
Speaker 7: Hey, I always tell you this in the past and everything it doesn't change. Let me tell you, my friend, we appreciate everything you do holding that torch and flag or freedom up every day.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. I really do. I really do. It keeps me going man. Opportunity to talk about freedoms and liberties and so many people are just so willing to, you know, give those freedoms and liberties up to the government, and they always end up wrecking things as a consequence. So I will not rest as long as they have the opportunity to do it.
Speaker 7: Do you think Washington Park Board of Directors will take the opportunity to maybe get a pickleball franchise with the million and a half dollar skateboard project they're doing.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's a connection, Bobby, but I wouldn't put it past them.
Speaker 7: Have they advertised in eastern Kentucky or anywhere you know with a one hundred mile radius ninety go into this new venture.
Speaker 1: Don't think so you can get your skateboard and to skateboarding. Head on up there, Bobby, I know you right all the time.
Speaker 7: I've got two of them right out the back of the sure you did automobile up. We'll put a calping on them and everything.
Speaker 1: Rip.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: Don't break something, Bobby. I appreciate your call. Man, have a wonderful day. Real quick here in the transgender related news. Got a couple of real quick here is that I wanted to illustrate the problem got going on here. We have a High School, Orgon High School student came under fire for well Oregon High School. The student, the school itself took some heat for allowing a transgender athlete. This will be a man participating as a woman in track and field, and it happened before, and it just happened again. Running as a eight of Gar Gallagher is the name of this man. Woman ran as a tenth grader McDaniel High School in Portland finished first place in the tunor meter and foreigner meter races during the Interscholastic League. In twenty twenty four, well at it again. Eleventh grader, now on the track Portland Interscholastic League, finished more than seven seconds better than the rest of the field in the four hundred meter time fifty seven point six to two, and the next of the girl who came in second had a one zero five point seven to two. Pretty substantial difference that which makes perfect sense since men have a biological advantage over women, even if they claim their women. The biological biological advantage remains. In the twitter meter race twenty five point seven to six, the transgender child ran and the next in line twenty seven point three to one, and both season records one actual user observe. The experience must be so demoralizing for these girls, you look back later and be much more infuriated. Infuriated, especially if you have children of your own. The girls should all just start refusing to run and it will soon end. Yeah. Now, The Oregon School Activities Association has a gender identity participation policy that quote allows students to participate for the athletic or activity program of their consistently asserted agender identity while providing a fare and safe environment for all students. Somebody wrote ha exclamation point after that. As with Rule eight point two, they wrote, regarding duration and eligibility, rules such as this one promote harmony and fair competition among member schools by maintaining equality of eligibility and increase the number of students who will have an opportunity to participate in interscholastic activities. Somebody wrote, bs, run as a guy, You've got an opportunity run as your biological sex. Maine University capitulated to Donald Trump's Title nine rules and said, no, we will no longer allow men to participate as women. So there's a victory there, and the University of Pennsylvania federal funding pause has maybe caused some people to react one hundred and seventy five million in federal funds of the University of Pennsylvania over its inclusion of transgender students at women's sports. Many women who had to compete against alongside former transgender UPenn summer Lea Thomas have spoken out in celebration. The issue is Statement of Fox nineteen, but they also filed a lawsuit and one of the things I learned in this According to lawsuit, Leah Thomas introduced by women's swimming head coach Mike Schnuerr to the women's swimmers during a team meeting in Fallow twenty nineteen, schnur allegedly told the women that swimmers that Thomas would not be sharing a locker room with them when they asked. After the initial introduction, he officially began to practice and compete with the women's swimmers and Fallow twenty one, that's when female swimmers said they well discovered that the coaches alleged claim was not true. He showed up and got undressed and dressed in the women's locker room in addition to competing against women, plaintiffs alleged and here's where I got really upset. University administrators pushed pro trans ideology onto them through the process of accepting Thomas on the team. In the locker room, former swimmers say they were led to feel their concerns over being being teammates with Thomas were rooted in a psychological problem. Quote. The UPenn administrators told women that if anyone was struggling with accepting Thomas's participation in the UPenn swimming team, they should seek counseling and support from something called CAPS, as well as the LGBTQ Center. The administrators also invited the women to talk to a talk titled trans one oh one. Thus, the women were led to understand the u Penn's position was that if a woman on the team had any problems with a transidentifying male being on her team, that woman had a psychological problem and needed counseling. Oh so it's the people who believe in biological reality are the ones with this psychological problem, not the guy thinking he's a woman. Ah right, okay, six six If you I have CARECD talk station. Thankfully Trump's doing something about it. More people are standing up to this nonsense. Note again, look at the world records in any sport. Look how much went men win by over women to just documented, observational, objective proof Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning that the great folks to call great customer service, repair your existing system to your satisfaction. They do maintenance and upkeep programs. That's a great thing to do to extend the life of your system. But if yours is belly up, great time, because now they're doing a carrier comfort rebate the fifteen up to fifteen hundred and fifty dollars in savings on a new carrier comfort system from Zimmer Heating and Cooling. So turn to the experts at Zimmer Heating and Cooling. They've been making Cincinni home safe, efficient, and comfortable for more than seventy five years. Family tradition for the Zimmer family, Chris Simmers, who you're going to be working with. They still represent the company that invented air conditioning. Of course it's carriers. So turn to the experts at Zimmer for the cool carrier comfort rebate fifteen hundred and fifty bucks. I call that real money to reach them five one three, five two one ninety eight ninety three five two one ninety eight ninety three find them online. It's go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Tixo thirty one, fifty five KRCD talk station and Friday has always made extra special because this is the time of week appointment listening and number thirty nine on the top one hundred podcasts on technology thanks to million podcasts recognizing Dave had or an interest it for this particular segment. That was really cool, Dave, I thanks for passing along that award online.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was. I was pretty surprised.
Speaker 16: I thought it was pretty cool too, since you know, it just kind of fell out of the heavens. So, you know, thanks to you and Joe and fifty five KRC. Obviously, I couldn't do it without you guys, and well I enjoy his time every week.
Speaker 1: I do too. It's valuable information. I can't thank your company interest It at interest dot com for sponsoring in business career identified. You guys are the best in the business locally to keep businesses out of trouble and deal with their computer situation. So get in touch with them. You can do that thanks to the list today. Dave freaking me out. Thankfully. I don't have an echo. I don't know how people will abide and allow big brother or well to enter their living room, and now it's gotten worse. Let my listeners know about this, Dave.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Brian, I think most people just don't really understand what's happening. And that's one of the reasons why I find so much of this technology that has now worked its way into everyone's life offensive. You know, it's not the tech itself, it's the fact that most people are getting these so called smart devices, whether it's Alexa or anything else that can listen to you, and they don't really understand how it works, They don't really know how to secure it. They don't really engage with these things with informed consent because you know, you've got terms of service that are confused optly for lack of a better description, and people don't really understand or read that stuff, and then they just dump these things in. So Amazon's sent out of the email saying that as of March twenty eighth, if you have an Echo that uses Alexa, there you had a capability. And this is another one of my issues with these things, you know, dark patterns, privacy washing. They make everything opt in and you have to opt out of it rather than being you know, consumer focused and saying hey, here's a feature and you can opt into it if you want. So Amazon's email essentially said, if you have an Echo and you use Alexa, you'll no longer be able to store any recordings that makes locally on the device. So I want to also point out we've talked about this before.
Speaker 2: Studies have been done.
Speaker 16: There was one a couple of years ago where they took devices like this, put it in a room, turned on a TV, and just waited and let it run for twenty four hours to see how often would these things activate even when you didn't say Alexa or hey, Siri or whatever the wake word is. It'd be interesting to see how many we just set.
Speaker 1: Off this pint exactly.
Speaker 16: But all of that said that I encourage people go see for themselves the results of this study. You probably won't be happy. And it's because these things are geared to be easy to use, right, And if I make it too hard, if the window is too narrow for when it activates when I ask it to do something, it's going to frustrate people. So it's activating more than it should in most cases. And then now whatever whatever gets captured is not stored locally, and locally it's going to be sent to Amazon servers reportedly. Well, there have been many allegations in the past. There have been lawsuits in the past about storing kids' voices, human workers at Amazon listening to these things purportedly to make it work better. And now the idea is because of new enhanced AI capability, things like oh, I'll be able to know that it's Brian rather than Dave talking to it. So when you say give me my calendar, it would know my calendar redder than yours, So you know, I get what they're saying. You know, many have speculated this has more to do about generating more revenue, but bottom line is you're going to have significant functionality limitations on the device if you attempt to not you, if you don't disable the feature that says store locally, the thing basically won't be useful anymore.
Speaker 2: And that's just the way it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Well, the simple solution to all of this just disabled the device completely and not use it anymore. How's that, Dave?
Speaker 16: You know, my answer for people with all of these Internet and things, it's the best use is just throw it in the garbage and move on. You know, I don't even have syrianabled on my phone and it seems crazy to people, but you know, I just I just type on it when I want something, Brian, I don't want it listening to me.
Speaker 1: Amen, Amen, follow Dave's advice, and I think you and I share the same concurrent concerns and conclusions about Ohio porn Bill eighty four altruistic. Perhaps it may be, but George Orwellian it is so who will continue on that subject? Plus android phones are tracking you even before you sign in. That'll be the third topic of conversation and first word for my good friend Peter Shabri. The Shabri Group of Keller Williams seven Hills, best real estate team you're ever going to run into and the only one I ever ever hire to buy or sell a home. And speaking of buying a home. As their buyer's agent, they know that you want your dream home and it takes a lot of time and energy for you to find it. With their assistants, Sabri Group gets that and goes out of the way to make sure you have a five star experience, which I assure you'll have. In fact, they guarantee you will love the home they fine for you, and if you don't and you want to sell it with any year of moving in, they'll sell it for free. That's their loved leaded guarantee. The only people around there doing this kind of thing. The multiple different programs unique to the Shebri Group, plus the quality of service couldn't be better. Call them up at five one three seven zero eight three thousand. The website is seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Or learn how to spell Sbri Chabris. Type in Sabri Group in your search engine and there they are. You'll be glad you got in touch with them.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 17: Have you taken your family to dinner recently and been shocked by the price of that bill? Listen, recent studies are saying there's almost forty trillion dollars in the United States and tax redeferred retirement accounts like four oh one K and an IRA. I haven't bet you're sitting around driving probably have some of those in your accounts right now. Hey, I'm Joe Wilson, founder of a megal wealth private account. But I want you to think, but how much you have saved in your tax deferred retirement accounts.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you a little secret.
Speaker 17: It's not all your money. You have to pay tax on that money, and as you take it out in retirement, that could be.
Speaker 1: A major tax bill.
Speaker 17: So here's what we've done at OH Make a Wealth Product Capital. I've created a tax bill calculator called a wystax bill dot com. It's going to show you potential taxes that you might owe on your retirement accounts right now. The best part, it's free for you to use. Up wish you go to wystax bill dot com. That's whys tax bill dot com. Put some knowledge behind your tax and future retirement plannings and have a tax plan so you can keep more of your money. Go to wystax bill dot com.
Speaker 1: Why run for tails? Jennais going to mostly sunny day in or hands today with a higher fifty four, clear tonight forty two, mostly sunny Tomorrow fifty six for the high party, cloudy overnight, and then rain and storms are expected, maybe some severe weather on Sunday overnight LI thirty two with the high fifty five Sunday during the day. Right now, it's thirty two degrees. Time for a traffic update Chuck from the UC Health Tramphics Center.
Speaker 15: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young on set called Wall Recto Cancer program called five one three five eighty five. U SECC crews continue to work with the accident stopbound seventy five just before the bridge left lanes are blocked. They had the six Street Viaduct ramp blocked off for a short time. Now traffink is moving once again, albeit slowly, on that ramp. Chucking Vermont fifty five KRC, the Dog station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty nine, Come about six forty five Kercity Talk Station or from the award winning podcast tech Man Dave Hatter. I just get to throw out of that, Dave, that's cuzy funny. A lot of people out there in the world listening to us.
Speaker 2: Again, I couldn't do it without you and Jim.
Speaker 1: No, it's listen man. This is a public service you're doing, and an opportunity to say, Okay, great idea in theory, but terrible idea and execution. Are elected officials in Columbus here in Ohio trying to keep kids away from pornography, and I understand the motives for doing that. But I hate I think this just demonstrate they really don't know a whole lot about tech because a simple answer in response to the proposed legislation, which of course i'll let you elaborate on, is a VPN.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's like you, Brian, I understand what they're trying to do. And you know, I'm old enough to remember in the three web days where you know, when I was a teenager, if I want to go into a store, yeah, that was going to you know, sell let's just say blue material. You know, I might not be allowed in if I wasn't eighteen or twenty one or whatever. But to your point, it wasn't like, you know, we might not go to the neighbor's house and find their dad's collection or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yes, I grew up in a neighborhood with a lot of big Catholic families, and they always had older brothers who would provide access to that kind of material if you were looking for it. So there's always a way a workaround, Dave.
Speaker 16: Yeah, fort Wright is heavily Catholic as well, Brian, So yes, I get it.
Speaker 1: Now. I'm not suggesting that Catholics, you know, are are prey or you know, keep up people, these were older boys in the neighborhood you were able to acquire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, lots of kids, older brothers. Yeah, I get.
Speaker 16: I'm one hundred percent on board with you. So it's the concerns raised about this, I think are legitimate. And you know right now, we've already got the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. It's been on the books for a long time since you've got to be thirteen. D these social media sites other states have tried this. It's again, I understand what they're trying to do, and I think it makes sense that you don't want your ten year old getting access to hardcore porn online. But the approach of you're going to have to enter some sort of information that would prove that you are who you are and that you are at the right age, that gets really tricky. Do you want these companies having access to potentially sensitive data like your driver's license and driver's license number?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying no, I don't.
Speaker 1: That's just it's going to third parties too.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's again, I think they mean well, I understand the intentions of it, but I think the execution of it will be very difficult. We've already seen how things like Kappa have not put a dent in kids getting on these websites and so forth. And the less sensitive information there is about you out there in the world at this point, the better off you'll be, simply because even if company A, the first party that you're sharing this with, does everything right, if they have to share it with any third party for any sort of reason, like to actually perform the verification service, well now you have to trust that they'll do the right thing, they have the right security, they won't get hacked again. And I know a lot of people are going to say, well, all my information's out there already, Well maybe it is, maybe it is not. Though, Yeah, the more hands it's in, the more difficult it is for you to avoid unfortunate situations in the future, because you know, once the bad guys get a hold of your sensitive information, they can really upend your life. See that Disney programmer who downloaded some malware inadvertently and now his whole life is just completely wrecked as a result. So arla Alo, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Alo.
Speaker 16: The company that is the parent company of porn Hub has weighed in on this, and actually, if you read their full statement. They basically suggest and I think this makes the most sense. And we've talked about pernal controls before. You know, whether it's your Windows based PC, whether it's your Android or Apple phone, you have parental controls built into these devices that can perform some of this filtering. Your Internet service provider will have internet controls. Your cellular carrier or have internet controls. This is where it gets kind of tricky, is where do you implement the controls to cover as many or all devices and or try to have a set of controls in depth. So if you're if your kids are savvy and they figure out how to get around one, you might block them with another. There's software out there like net nanny. It's specifically designed to do this, and I tend to agree with them. We would be better as a society and you would be better off with personal data you might need to supply if you were going to use these not being out there and instead saying okay, as a parent, I'm going to get my kid's devices. I'm going to get any devices they would have access to in my house, and I'm going to lock these things down. Now that doesn't prevent your kids from going to the neighbor's house where they.
Speaker 2: Haven't done this. Like you said at the beginning, Bruer, Right.
Speaker 1: George Carlin records were not allowed in the Thomas household, but right next door with the older brother, we did have access to the Seven Dirty Words and other George Carlin adult material. Richard pryor Amen, they could go on. And remember, it was so funny if you had a law like this implemented, if you go to a VPN that makes it look like you're in some other state, one that may not have this, and you will be able to have access to the pornography without inputting your driver's license and photograph and all that recognition software stuff.
Speaker 2: Exactly correct.
Speaker 16: And that's a perfect example of how so much of this technology cuts both ways. I mean, VPNs are a powerful, legitimate tool to secure your corporate data, to provide anonymity, but because of the way they work to your point prime, Yeah, I mean, I can fire up my Proton VPN and I can make it appear that I'm coming out of Finland right now, exactly.
Speaker 1: Too exactly so all right, one more anime. It gets worse as this segment goes on Android phones are tracking you, apparently even before you sign in. One more with tech Frida's Dave Hatter. Again thanks to interest it for sponsoring the segment, doing such great work, an odor exit for getting rid of the odors that plague everyone. At some point we all run into oders. We don't like human odors. Yeah, they're everywhere, dog, cat, any kind of pet, varmit you got keeping in your house, mold, mildew, smoke. Otero Exit has products to get rid of all of those. Find them online at odor exit dot com, od o r xit and take advantage right now the twenty percent off discount. Have it delivered to your front door as early as a day quite all as sometimes they can't do it that quick a turnaround advice to quit guaranteeing a one day delivery, but it'll be quickly delivered. Or if you need it right now the ode is so bad, head on out to where it's sold locally. There's like a three or four places within a couple of miles of my house. It's sell the odo exit products, but buy them. There are one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee to get rid of the odors that you are dealing with. If used as directed. Got any questions on usage, just call them. There's a toll free number. They're very helpful. Locally owned and operated for more than twenty five years. Just celebrating the twenty fifth anniversary Odor Exit online at odor exit dot com.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Love KRCD talk station Brian Thomas with Dave had Ter Interest it dot com keep your company's business computers safe and improper operating order with interest I sponsoring the segment which is nationwide. Congratulations again, I'm just tickled to death about that, Dave, and let us move over to Android phones, continuing the or Well report.
Speaker 16: Yeah, more bad names, Brian, but not a shocker to you, I'm sure, and real quick. I want to give a shout out to my old son Samuel. He just started a new job with my friends over at Reliant Search Group the technology and leadership talent. I'm proud of you, abud, love you, congratulate. You guys are gonna now. You guys are going to kill it over there at Reliant. So, Brian, this goes back to comments that made in the first segment and that you and I talk about almost every week.
Speaker 2: Again, what is frustrating to me?
Speaker 16: About so much of this stuff is we're in this surveillance capitalism model where whether it's Internet of Things devices which technically your phone would fall into, or you know, anything that's free online or low cost. You know, they'll practically give this stuff the way or they will give it away because the real money is not in selling you a piece of hardware. It's not in the software that's in the hardware, except to the extended collects your data, which they can then use to turn around and market all kinds of information to you, persuade you, some would say, manipulate you.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 16: And you know Google is at the top of the heap of this sort of thing, right Alphabet, the parent company of Google and Google and all the brand underneath it, make almost all of their money from collecting your data. I mean, it's really hard to find a product you can buy from Google directly unless you're a business like you know, keywords and that sort of thing. And if you have an Android phone. Researchers at Trinity College in Dublin did some study and they found that all kinds of information is being collected by your Android phone. Now it's interesting too, because you know, Android is an operating system. Pixel is the Google hardware. Android runs on other phones like Samsung and so forth. And I also, I always like to be clear to people, I'm not saying that other tech companies, including Apple, aren't doing similar kinds of things, right. It's just that Apple, for example, because they're the main competitor and Android in this space, tends to be a lot more privacy and security friendly in there because their business model is different. They are selling you hardware and software. I'm not saying they're not collecting your data, and I'm not saying they may may not eventually sell it, but that's not their primary revenue driver.
Speaker 2: It is. It's the hardware and software and services. But it is for Google.
Speaker 16: Yes, it's your data. And so through this study they did, they say, researchers found multiple identifiers are used to track the user of an Android handset, even before they have opened a Google app, were signed into their Google account. Pre Installed apps like Google Play services and Google Play Stores send cookies, identifiers, and other data to Google servers without user consent.
Speaker 2: Ding ding ding ding ding. The thing that makes me insane. People don't understand this, and you know, even.
Speaker 16: If they had some idea of it, it's usually very difficult to opt out of these things, right.
Speaker 1: Can you delete them? Can you delete the Google Play Store app from the phone and prevent this from happening?
Speaker 2: I believe the answer is no.
Speaker 16: And if you did that now I haven't used an Android in a long time, really since twenty seventeen because of these kinds of things. I believe the answer is no, because if you did that, then you wouldn't be able to update other apps on the phone that you need.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you don't own more the apps on the phone, well, let's.
Speaker 16: Say, for example, Brian, if you're a business user and you need to install Outlook to do your thing right, Like I use Outlook on my Apple phone every day for work and for the city and all kinds of different things. Well, I want those important Outlook updates, whether it's bug fixes that impact the usability or security updates. So if I couldn't get an Outlook updated, then I'd fall into the trap that we talk about all the time of updating your software. So you know, Google Play Store and Google Play Services are an important component to making sure the apps you've installed on the phone are updateable.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 16: So I understand your question, and I understand why you're asking it, But even if you could do it, which my guess is you probably can't, it would leave a smoking hole in the capabilities of the phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I just disabled mine. Sadly, I do have a Samsung Android based system I have for years and years and years, much to your stagrain and mind included. But I pressed on the Google play Store. It says I can uninstall it, and it says I can disable it. So I just disabled it, which means I can re enable it down the road, I suppose.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, I would assume that's probably true. And again, in order to get updates, Yeah, I don't care. I'll I'll have to look into that something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why don't you do that? You can put an interesting fact sheet on how you can better protect your privacy from these intrusive entities and a step by step fashion, so idiots out here like me who have this operating system can successfully navigate deleting all the things on here that we really don't want or that are tracking us and that kind of thing. How about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I like it.
Speaker 16: But the point they make in here is there's all the stuff that's being collected again without your consent, before you've even really done anything. And they go on to say since there is no ask for consent. This is in the malware Bytes article talking about this research. Since there's no ask for consent, there's no way to opt out. Ironically, Google explains one of the advertising analytics cookies, the DSID cookie as quote used to identify a signed in user on non Google sites that the users adds personalization setting is respected accordingly, So they give you a cookie you didn't know or want, and they make it possible for advertisers to quote respect your settings even though they don't even know who you are yet. It's it's just you know, it's a way to track you, collect your data, aggregate your data, and push more content to you. Again, there is the legitimate personalization angle. I'm not saying that that isn't valuable potentially to people, because you know, if you're looking to buy X and you get an ad for X, well that might be helpful to you.
Speaker 2: But that's not really what this is about, right.
Speaker 16: It's the ability to collect as much data about you, build a very detailed mental map of what you do, what you buy, what you're interested in, and then push that sort of stuff to you.
Speaker 1: So yep, it was completely.
Speaker 16: Yes, I encourage people that they should go read this malware bytes article. I'll post it in the notes when I put that up because they go into more detail and then you can dig down into the full study itself. But again, this isn't unique to Google. They're just notorious for this sort of thing. And you know that's just the way it works if you are on any Google based platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Always makes me feel bad every time we talk on that. Dave had our interest I dot com where you find Dana to Dave and the team, thank you for sponsoring this segment again, congratulations on the accolades well deserved. I'll look forward to next Friday and another very helpful edition of Tech Friday with you, Dave.
Speaker 16: Hatter Well, thank you, Brian. I appreciate you and Joe and all your listeners and talk to you next Friday.
Speaker 1: Look forward to Stick Around Steve Shuemake. That'd be Tayas Humex's husband. She's the homeschool expert we've had on many times, local author on his Dark World Saga trilogy. Stick Around, News that happens.
Speaker 4: Fast, Stay up to date, at the top of the hour, moving very quickly at fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 7: Seven.
Speaker 1: I was six at fifty five air c DE talk station. A very happy Friday to you, please. Welcome to the fifty five Percy Morning Show. Author and local author, most known for being the wife of Taya Shoe May Because she's awesome and she's a great homeschooler. What Joe, oh, husband of Yeah, I had that backwards, Steve apologies. Steve Shuemake is a local author of a trilogy, the Dark World Saga Trilogy, which apparently began decades ago when he was a teenager. He wrote a hundred pages or so that ultimately become his first book, and at the prodding of his better half, put pen to paper and actually churned out these books. Welcome to the program, Steve. It's a pleasure having you on. How is your better half doing? If I can ask that first, you sure can.
Speaker 18: I gotta say that my wife Tya absolutely loves your show, Brian. She she's on here we are in Tennessee, and she is still dialed in every single morning.
Speaker 1: I'm still pleased to know that I think the world of her and all the things that she's done on behalf of homeschool and just a true advocate for true education of our children. So she's one of the pioneers and along those lines, and it's not easy to do, but she certainly put everybody toge in touch with the resources that allowed them to pursue what she had done and what you had done. So God bless her and good morning Teya. I'm glad to know that you're listening. I appreciate that, Steve. These books are fantasy books, am I correct and categorize them? It's not nonfiction? It's fiction, but within fiction there's multiple different subgenres. So how would you characterize these books?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Correct, it's epic fantasy in the same lineage, if you will, as Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones or anything along those lines.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I was just gonna I was gonna comment I think the Lord of the Rings trilogy those the last fantasy books I read. I honestly, I'll be honest with you, the the genre has never compelled me. There's just so much just classic literature that I love, and you know, all kinds of other like nonfiction, and just never gravitated gravitated towards fantasy. I think that series I read when I was in junior high school. But beyond my comments, this is what you're here to do is help us through this. What was the purpose of the first book is something beyond just telling a fantasy story. I mean, I presume that there's messaging in there, as there usually is in literature.
Speaker 18: Yeah, for sure. I sought out to set out to create what I hoped was an interesting story. But the way that I went about doing it was I took for inspiration three attributes that most people around the world ascribed to God. And so the first was about wisdom, and Book one is called in Pursuit of Wisdom, and the second is security or protection, and so book two is in Need of Protection. And then I got pretty busy at my building a firm here in town, consulting firm, and it took about an eight year hiatus, much to the dismay of some of my readership. But finally Book three has come out, and I chose justice, which I think is a fairly timely, fairly relevant to our culture today attribute the people look for from a higher power. And so Book three is called in search of Justice, and that is coming out in print on April seventh.
Speaker 1: Oh, congratulations on the new one. I'm pleased to know that you're still hard to work on. I guess you're a fan of CS lewis work. Then it sounds like it's got shades of C. S. Lewis for sure.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 18: I took inspiration from a lot of different authors. I think most authors would admit that, but CS. Lewis is certainly high among them. Tolkien. I think everybody has to tip their cat if they're going to write in this genre to Tolkien. But even some of the more recent works, like I love some of you know, I love some of Stephen King's sudden plot twists in his Horror. I hate his endings. I think a lot of people do. Yeah, And even some of the other authors, like Susan Collins, they wrote pretty strong female characters without turning the men in their stories into into melli mouthed whimps, and so I like that aspect too. I mean, a lot of my female characters are pretty strong, but not at the expense of the male characters either. So I just took inspiration from a lot of different areas.
Speaker 1: Fair enough well, in pursuit of wisdom, the first book in the series. You create this this realm, you have this other world. It's not a place in the United States. It's not a place on our globe for example. It's it's a different land somewhere, a fiction land it is.
Speaker 18: Yeah. So the the interesting tidbit there, for a lot of the Catholics in the Cincinnati community, you may be familiar with a around around Easter or not Easter, but though sometimes around Easter a tenebrae service, which is a dark lights out service on Good Friday. And Tenebra I took his inspiration as the name of the world because it is the dark world saga and Tenebray is Latin for darkness. And so that's actually the whole theme of this book, these this this trilogy is it's a world that has fallen away from the One True God and and what that entails. And in part it's it's a it's a quest to kind of rediscover a little bit of the light.
Speaker 2: A question.
Speaker 1: And I was just going to ask you, this is a quest book. It's like the quest and I don't mean to be loose with this. For the Holy Grail, you have been issued a challenge. There's something that the main character is after or in search of.
Speaker 18: Yeah, there's a there's several main characters and and and several main villains. But yes, there is a quest that is part of the part of the motor that drives the narrative forward. But I would say that it's a lot more about the interactions and the character arcs, if you will, of the various protagonists involved, for sure. But yeah, there's definitely quests. For I took, for example, each of those attributes of God and I embodied them into an artifact, and so getting that artifact, the Staff of Insight, the Shield of Life, and then in this book, the Blade of Righteousness are just objects if you will, that they compel the characters action moving forward.
Speaker 1: Gotcha parallels though with the divine for sure, Okay. And in need of protection, I note that the notes indicate when war comes, where do people turn for protection? And I am going to anticipate that we should be a little introspective and kind of learn to swim on our own and maybe with the help of God.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I don't want to give too much away for us, but yeah, there is you know, at the core of this. I think that each book, uh, you know, I think provides a perspective and should force you to think. I mean, there's a little bit of philosophy. Hopefully it's an entertaining story regardless of your religion, but it would be impossible to read these and not pick up some threads of philosophy.
Speaker 1: Good Well, philosophy is another area of a literature that I'm very very much a fan of. So'm I good to get something out of this. Steve Shuemake, author of the trilogy, And finally.
Speaker 18: Tonless questions, I mean, if they're you know, the the hook for book one was if there is a God, why do bad things happen to good people?
Speaker 1: The eternal question.
Speaker 18: That's a question that's been asked by by people for thousands.
Speaker 1: Of you, Brian, you know, am I going to response to that? I don't get out in dark passage here? But he doesn't, you know, God doesn't necess you know, not gonna let you win the lottery or make you win the lottery. I think the people who use prayer as a mechanism to ask for stuff and things or on a bad parallel or on a bad path, you're supposed to use prayer. You're supposed to use prayer for introspection. You're talking to it all, seeing, all knowing power who can see through your bs if I may be so bold, so you can't lie to him. And it challenged you to find out you know where you are in your life and why things are going on in your life that sometimes have a negative impact, and perhaps learn from them. And that's the point I wanted to make. Bad things do happen to good people, but maybe they provide a vehicle for us to learn something like, for example, spend a lot of time with the people you love because the world's an imperfect place. They may get hit by a train tomorrow. You know, that's just one little lesson. I wish I had spent more time with them. So start doing that. Call your mom up every day, you know what I'm saying exactly, or don't do stupid stuff, Steve.
Speaker 18: But these are the These are the types of questions that I think make the book compelling, whether you're a fan of this genre or not, because it's they've been asked in there. Everybody goes through life and they ask these types of questions.
Speaker 1: Well, and the second one is fed by the where do we find protection during perilous times? And again I think people quite often look to leaders, which of course is part of your next your third book that's coming out. When leaders fail, who administers justice? But where do we find protection during perilous times? What's the sort of tease on that component of the second book?
Speaker 18: Yeah, a great question you really need when when times get tough. This is you know, my philosophy is, you know, we all should seek virtue. But what happens when the people in charge don't have virtue? What happens when the leaders and the characters in my book, in my world involved aren't always the most virtuous and you uh, and and governments fall, kingdoms fall, and you're left with chaos.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 18: Hopefully what people take away from that is that, you know, you you look to God. I mean, you should be looking towards something that is a little bit more stable than what you know, who's president today and who's gone tomorrow?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, also there's provide, there's there's his times provide opportunities for us to reflect on not repeating the mistakes of others. Another interesting lesson. We can learn from the bad things that happen to good people. Don't do that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And of course that the third book, When Leaders Fail, Who Administers Justice? It couldn't be a more timely book for your third release, Steve.
Speaker 18: Everybody is I think everybody has been you just look at the results of the last election. I think everybody has been craving, craving some semblance of justice for you know what has been done to this country over the last several years.
Speaker 1: So certainly timely, Amen, Steve. I hope you have a wildly successful writing career, and I encourage my listeners to head on over to fifty five cars dot com where Joe Strekker has updated my page. You include a link to the Dark World saga. You've got your personal link, You've got you on x pro s. Hope people can follow you, and then of course the links to the Amazon pages where they can buy the books. Steve, it's been great talking with you, and congratulations smart men Mary Smart and you clearly did that with Taya. Love her and keep up the great work when the other books come out. You've got a place to talk about him.
Speaker 12: Here it is.
Speaker 1: You're a nine first morning weather forecast.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: We have a mostly sunny day fifty four for the high overnight clear skies forty two to the low sunny tomorrow after a few clouds in the morning, clear out of your high fifty six partley cloudie over Saturday night thirty two for the low and then rain and storms and maybe severe weather on Sunday fifty five for the high end. Right now thirty degrees in time for traffic from the UCUT Traffic Center.
Speaker 15: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young on set colorectal cancer program called five one three five eighty five u se ce CE sappands seventy five over a twenty minute delay from the Western Hills vit up to the accident just before the bridge, single file to get five right hand side left lanes block DA spounds seventy four with an accident before you get the two seventy five at the coal rine split Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk.
Speaker 1: Station at seven twenty three. If you buy a car, see de talk station. Yeah, I hope you're not traveling to London's Heathrow Airport. Is a massive fire that's shut down the entire airport that was widely reported before the show started this morning apparently still going on. He throws shut down all day, thousands of flight or fifteen hundred or so flights canceled, and that Internet that impacts global travel. So anyhow, a lot of people had to be evacuated from the area. An invitation to barley Corn's brew House in Wilder, Kentucky that'll be listened to the next listener in lunch April second, and an opportunity for some fellowship get out of the house, support a local restaurant and brewery, enjoy yours still some really good food and the fellowship. Is the reason I bring that up because I see there's a UN poll. Yes, I know it's from the UN. Nonetheless, United States fell to its lowest happiness rank ever due to a rise in the number of Americans eating their meals alone at least one of the factors that was contributed to the rank down to twenty fourth place in the globe. Our highest showing was eleven. They've been doing this report since twenty twelve. For its part, we're doing a lot better than Afghanistan ranked is the unhappiest country in the world, I think again. And then Finland described as the world's happiest country for the eighth consecutive year according to this what is called World Happiness Report, Happiness rankings based on a three year average of individual's self assessed evaluation of life's satisfaction, as well as GDP per capita social support, healthy life expectancy, freedom, generosity, and corruption. Well, I could circle a few words in that litanine describe maybe why we're going down in the happiness rankings anyway, But if eating together, and they did cite that specifically and held that out as one of the things, it's where we come together. The number of people of dining alone in the United States, they say, is increase fifty three percent over the past couple of decades, noting that sharing meals is strongly linked with well being. And maybe that's why I always have such a great time and get to meet the listeners. You're all just a bunch of fabulous people. It just reaffirms my belief in that great conversations, smiles on people's faces, getting out of the house, going to a place you'd never been to, it's all fun. So market down in your calendar. April second, it's four h two. Licking Pike Wilder, Kentucky barleycorns you can search onlines for Barley Corns brew House and you'll find a location. So and I'll have it up on the my Facebook page at some point as we get closer, and uh, I hope to see you there seven twenty five right now fifty five K see de talk station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two three talk or go with Tom five fifty on at and T funds. I do have local stories, but I'd rather talk to you either way. You slice it right back after I mentioned Chimneycare Fireplaces Dove, we're moving in spring into spring, and so they have a spring sale. It's now the Spring special, the wood burning Sweeping Evaluation. It's only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine plus tax, and you need to do that. Wood burners. Always have your chimney inspected annually. The folks at Chimneycare Fireplaces Dove, if certified chimney sweeps, will do a video camera inspection. Make sure you're all very safe so you can enjoy the comfort whenever you happen to use it. And here's a freebie you take advantage of this Spring special, a free exterior evaluation protect your chimney from water damage, So book an appointment for that free inspection today and maybe if you have a wood burner, get the same thing, get the UH get to get this sweep done at the same time to do that two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred eight plus with the better Business Bill. You can schedule the appointment online and learn more about the showroom and the services they offer. Just go to Chimneycareco dot com, fifty five KRC dot com. Are you a business owner? Channel nine first one and weether forecast. Got a decent day today, sunny skyes UH spring like fifty four third nine forty two to low tomorrow high fifty six with sunny skies files overnight and thirty two. Then the rain hits on Sunday. Storms expected along with the rain and severe weather as possible. Fifty five will be the high. It's about thirty right now, in time for a traffic update from the UCF Tramfic Center.
Speaker 15: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young on set COBA rectal cancer program called five one three, five eight five U see sec setbound seventy five continues to run an extra half hour from Hoppol to the Brand Spence where Cruis are working with an accident left to lanes blocked off. He spound seventy four on planes block well the wreck before June seventy five at the coal Rings, Wit backing traffic pants to the Whitewaters, Wit Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Okay seven thirty here fifty five KRCD talk Station Happy for Friday. Corey Bowman running from there of the city. Sinceinny returns of the Morning show eighth five in studio the debate next week. I guess they agree to it in a debate. That'd be a good thing, and I hope he does well, so we'll see what he has to say together in the eight o'clock hour. Feel free to call if you've got some topic you want to talk about five one three seven four D eight hundred eight two three talk and head on over to fifty five kr SE dot com. Get your podcast, get your Lunton Fish Fry list which is posted every Friday. Thank you Joe Schrekker for that. And there are a lot of fish fries out there. It's broken down by how Kentucky and Indiana, soverybody can find a fish fry in their neighborhood. What else is going on? Over to Columbus, Ohio marijuana enthusiasts apparently brought their own marijuana to the Ohio State House orly to prevent Republican lawmakers from passing proposed restrictions on the recreational weed. Right a joint on that. Well, apparently our elected officials in Columbus do at least the quantity anyway, if you're twenty one years older here in Ohio right now, you can smoke, vape and just marijuana individually, you can grow up to six plans. But if you live in a household with others, you can grow up to twelve. Man that's a lot of weed anyhow, whatever, Yeah, but the two and a half marijuana two and a half ounces of marijuana in all forms except for concentrates, you only have fifteen grams of lows. The law gives ten percent of the tax revenue from each marijuana sale to four different venues, including thirty six percent to something called a social justice equity or social equity fund to help people disproportionately impacted by marijuana related laws. I don't even know what that means. Sounds like a big ten to put your hand in and grab money. Anyway, thirty six percent to host cities, ones that have dispensaries, and twenty five percent to state's Mental Health Addiction Services Department. Finally, three percent to the state's Cannabis Control Department. Well, senates already passed legislation. Senate President Rob McCauley from Napoleon believes the voters didn't really know what everything that was that they were voting for. He said Senate Bill fifty six should be signed to law. This which has already passed, makes dozens of restrictions of the cannabis access. Most notably limits THCHC content and reduces home growing to six total plants.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they test this in the field, but if you, especially if you're grown at home, the psychoactive cannabinoid THHC would be capped at one hundred milligrams per package. I guess that said license or authorized dispensaries also primarily reduces the allowable THHC levels and adult use extracts from a maximum of ninety percent down to seventy percent. I guess you just take more of it, huh. Any other type of marijuana product like the edibles would be limited ten milligram for serving in one hundred milligrams per package. They eliminated the social equity fund that I just mentioned, so that's gone in this bill. House bill won sixty similar but it keeps homegrowing the same at twelve plants. Finance House Chair of Brian Stewart Nashville disagrees with McCauley on the home grow, saying, listen, it's already been legal for two years, so it doesn't make sense to change it. I think exercising a measure of common sense in the real world. Folks who are growing twelve plants today are not likely to grow less than twelve plants just because we passed the law in the state House. Well, you can say that about a lot of laws, can't you. Anyway, it does reduce THHC just like the Senate bill, cy see the same amount. I believe, unlike the other chamber of House would not limit the number of milligrams in a package a closed container would pick up at a dispensary, while the Senate caps at one hundred milligrams, keeps the excise tax at ten percent, changes where the revenue goes, putting it directly into the Marijuana Receipts Fund which was created to which is created in the State Treasure's office. It will be able to earn investment in the state, will be able to manage tax refunds as needed. Joe's little Jaden cynical and skeptical about that one. Hut, Joe, Eh, just like the railroad fund anyway. Senate Bill one passed out of the High House Representatives fifty eight to thirty four, largely long party lines. It would eliminate diversity equity inclusion programs and scholarships, prohibit faculty from striking p prohibit universities from taking positions on controversial beliefs, and allow tenured professors to be fired after reviews. There's a quick turnaround on that one. So if you don't follow the new law, then you lose is your state funding at your university. It's a lot more complex than the litany I just gave you, but I do believe in the taking positions on controversial beliefs. They may run into a First Amendment issue on that, but keep your popcorn out. I'm sure someone's gonna file suit seven thirty five. If you five krc DE talk station and get in touch with Colin Electric Cullen, that's the best place to call for residential electric projects and your Cullen's got an outstanding team to serve all your electric project needs in your home. Price is right, customer service fantastic, and right now, speaking of price being right, if you need a service upgrade, let's say you got a new EV electric vehicle and you want a charging station. Probably gonna need a service upgrade. But regardless of your service demands, it is a great time to call Cullen because they have a twenty percent discount. This on the heels of some code changes from last spring that apparently have driven the cost of the service upgrade up a lot, So take advantage twenty percent off while the sale is on and it lasts until the end of April. Just kind of applicable above or below ground residential single family service four hundred amps or less and its extends to breaker panel and main service upgrades only. As all things with Cullen, their work comes with a ten year wiring warranty, so give them a call. Five one three, two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two Online it's Cullenelectriccincinnati dot Com fifty five KRC the talk station John nine. Well, the forecasts gotta be mostly sunny day today high have fifty four, forty two overnight with clear sky. Sunny tomorrow again with a high of fifty six over Saturday night thirty two the low with partly cloudy skies, and apparently rain and storms are expected Sunday, possibly severe fifty five for the high end right now thirty degrees and higher traffic from the UCU Traffic Center.
Speaker 15: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset callborectal cancer program called five one three five eight five U see CEC two REX now save Ben seventy five the latest coming out of Locker Run. They're on the right shoulder and then the left lane is blocked off Satband seventy five before the brand spence, you're backed up to seventy four in bend seventy four. There's an accident just before you get the two seventy five at the Coal RNE split over a half hour delay. Chuck ingramon fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Here if you have KCD talk station. Very happy Friday to you. Looking forward to the top of the hour because after the news, Corey Bowman will be in studio running from Mayor City, Cincinnati under the Republican Moniker tough battle ahead. Can he do it? It's gonna be a debate next week. We'll talk to him about that, and let's talk to Rob. Rob was kind of to the call this morning. Rob. Welcome to the program. Happy Friday to you, Bright, Happy Friday.
Speaker 6: I had a question about the bills that you're talking about with the marijuana usage. What in them prevents the second hand from anyone who's wandered want around the streets with him? I mean, we passed the smoking band to prevent secondhand smoked from affecting people.
Speaker 1: What about this, Well, from what I hear, it's it's waft The fumes are wafting around everywhere, So I guess it's something we're just gonna be used to. I don't think you can can't you can't legally smoke weed in a bar. I don't think because those are no smoking establishments. But you know they do have those hookah bars. How did the hookah bars get around that Vand he asked out loud, No, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 6: Either a friend of mine or she, you know, gets stubble with migraines being around that crap.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, it's it. You know, this is a societal problem we'll have to live with.
Speaker 2: But I I am.
Speaker 1: I'm under the belief, although I can't say definitively that there are restrictions about where you can smoke weed much in the same way there are restrictions about where you can smoke cigarettes and cigars. So I don't think you're gonna have to be dealing with it at the ballpark. Uh, maybe other outdoor areas where it's already where smoking is already restricted. But not a definitive expert on the topic, my friend, really truly not. But it's a good point though, because I trust me Rob, I have heard so many people complain about having to deal with the marijuana smell. I mean, you know, we had friends in California and they complain about it, and you read articles about it. It's like, oh my god, this is twenty four to seven. You live in an apartment building. You're gonna be able to smell the weed that's being smoked in the department next door to you, like cigarette. So I'm sure we'll ultimately work it out as time moves forward. Rob, So, I don't think you're going to get a contact buzz though. You have to be like in the Specoli van from Fast Times at Ridgemont High to get a contact buzz from being in close proximity to it. But yeah, it may very well cause a headache for you. In legal news, some good news out of New York. Justice prevails. New York's highest court dealt the final blow in an attempt by state Democrats to extend voting rights to nearly a million foreign nationals immigrants. Let's see. Democrats on a fifty one member New York City Council back in January of twenty two approved an ordinance giving more than eight hundred thousand foreign nationals with green cards, visas, and work permits the option to vote in the citywide elections so long as they have resided in the city for at least thirty consecutive days. Lawsuits were filed New York Supreme Court, that's the appellate court in New York and twenty two ruled that giving local voting rights to foreign nationals violated the state's constitution, which explicitly reserves voting for American citizens. Read the language for yourself, it says citizens. In February, that ruling upheld by New York Appellate Division. Thursday, State of New York Court of Appeals, which is their supreme court, ruled that the ordinance is unconstitutional because the state Constitution, in the opinions word makes clear what our case law has long held. Article two, Section one restricts voting to citizens. They pointed out that that Article two has been amended several times since eighteen ninety four when first passed, but the citizens requirement has always been There no evidence that any of the amendments subsequent changed the understanding that a voter must be a citizen to vote in New York. Whatever the future may bring, the New York Constitution as it stands today draws a firm line restricting voting to citizens. Accordingly, the Court of Pella Division, insofar as appealed from, should be modified without costs, in accordance with this opinion. So done, Isn't it interesting? You have that very clear language and the case law supporting that you needed to be a citizen. Yet the City of New York itself decided they were going to ignore the law and pass their own law, knowing full well that it contradicted case law on the books and the very language of their own constitution, a constitution that I assure you each elected official held their hand up and swore an oath of allegiance and a promise to uphold what's in it. Oh, look, firearms making it in the news as well, the second Amendment pesky car see the talk stations speaking of firearms twenty two three Route forty two between Mason and eleven and my favorite firearms store, favorite indoor range, and favorite people around. Wendy and Jeff, owners of twenty two three outstanding what they do and they've hired a top, top tier team that knows everything there is to know about what they sell. Make sure you get in the right firearm or hooked up with the right firearm recommendations. Maybe you know what you want and they could help you get it too. The selection they have is amazing. They've got a bunch of used inventory as well pre owned. You can sell your firearms at twenty two three if you want to unload one or two, work on the shooting the indoor range. They have range membership options available. They have training classes from the I've never shot a gun class to the all the way up to I'm a great shooter and I want to learn how to do close quarter combat kind of stuff everything in between. Oh, and the prices are outstanding. They have really good prices and very low AMMO prices going on, most notably right now. Route forty two between Mason and eleven is where you find them. Learn more online twenty two to three dot com the number twenty two followed by the word three spelled out. Please tell them, Brian said, Hi, twenty two to three dot com.
Speaker 11: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Here is your Channel nine first warning weather forecasts sunny skies a day I fill like spring with a high on fifty four, overnight low forty two with their sky Sunday tomorrow high fifty six, files over night down to thirty two and the rain hits along with storms expected on Sunday, and they say severe weather is possible Sunday's high fifty five. It's thirty now and time for traffic.
Speaker 15: From the UC tram Fique Center of the University of Saincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset callborectal cancer program called five one three five eighty five uc SNC clear the recks up Pounds seventy five near the Reagan Highway, still slow through Lachlan, then from seventy four to the Brand Spence where crews are working with an accident that blocks slow by plane. East Pound seventy four continues to crawl between dry fork and a wreck before the two seventy five cole ringe split. Chuck Ingram on fifty five kara seat he talked station.
Speaker 2: On a Friday.
Speaker 1: It is that time of week we catch ourselves a crime stopper, bad guy the week Officer Lisa Baker Crime stober Division of it since Aint Police Department. God bless the Sinceint Police Department and everything they do to help protect our neighborhoods and communities. Let's catch ourselves a bad guy. Welcome back, Lisa, Happy.
Speaker 19: Friday, Good morning, good morning. Today we're looking for Sean Kidder. He's wanted on five counts of arson. This is in connection with the East Price Hill gas explosion and fire. Sean Kidder. He's a white male. He's sixty five years old. He's five foot eleven and one hundred and fifty four pounds. He has a history of trafficking and drugs, menacing, and assault, and he frequents the Price Hill area.
Speaker 1: Wow, We've we got to get this guy off there. Oh ye, absolutely, time to get him locked up. If my listeners have a tip that might lead to Sean on Kidder's arrest, you can find the information about him on my blog page fifty five casey dot com. Who are they going to call? Lisa Baker?
Speaker 19: Give crime stoppers a call five to one three three five two forty.
Speaker 1: And of course you remain anonymous your typic LEAs an arrest, you be doing society a huge favor and you will be eligible for a cash reward. Lisa, best to you in the Cincinni Police Department. Have a wonderful weekend. We'll look for him and drop a dime on him if we find him. Let's see here all that's going on with the Department of Education. Of course, Trump's trying to wind it down and ordering the department head to start winding things down and it's not going to impact really anything that will effect your life, except that may get rid of the strings attached to the federal dollars that will still flow to your state schools cutting out giant chunks of the employees there because they're unnecessary. A lot of them look over forms that your school district's forced to fill out to make sure you're complying with diversity, equity, inclusion, and critical race theory and doctrination teachings. While your children's test scores plummet. So Department Education already laid offers, preparing to fire some thirteen hundred workers, another six hundred accepting buyouts. They had about forty one hundred employees before the move. So getting rid of the fat and hopefully benefiting you in the final analysis, but pivoting over this is already was tried in California, unfortunately it got shot down, But Illinois is getting ready to invade your homeschools. I talked to Steve Schuemach earlier in the program about his new trilogy book series or trilogy book series fantasy series it is, but his wife Tay I used to join the fifty five Case morning show regularly to talk about homeschool and she was at just an early pioneer in homeschooling and just got together all kinds of resources. And that's what a lot of people are turning to. Feeling the local schools have failed them, they go off on their own and quite with a lot of success statistically. So California activists are warning Illinois families about a build that's advancing through the Illinois state legislator that would create more regulations and penalties underscore get to that moment for homeschooling parents. One advocate out in California, Sonya Shaw, reported by Fox News Illinois, California, Colorado. They all compete with each other. They're coming for homeschooling just like they've been coming after public schools. They're attacking families, stripping parental rights and pushing their radical agendas while our kids are failing at reading, writing, and math. It's called HB twenty eight twenty seven Illinois, a Homeschool Act, which would charge parents with a misdemeanor if they fail to register their kids in a homeschool declaration form. That's what's called in the language, to the nearest public school that they otherwise would be attending. If you don't do it, they call your child a truant and your and you as a parent could face up the thirty days in jail with fines. Passed out of the Democratic dominated dominated House Education Committee and a party line this past Wednesday, in spite of the fact that fifty thousand and witness slips were filed in opposition and only one thousand filed in support of this that's according to the Illinois State Board of Education, so not exactly representing their constituents. Opponents point out that this bill would have mandated all homeschooling families and states to adhere to involuntary home inspections. Well Estrada, senior counselor for the Homeschool Legal Defense Association, speaking with Fox News, said that the bill's language was left open ended for unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats to be able to write different sections of regulations. That if this bill has passed into law, it's going to be expanded in the future years to put even more restrictions on homeschool and private school families. The record of homeschoolers shows that we do academically and socially and emotionally well, so why are we messing with them, that's the question. This bill is a solution in search of a problem. Now, for their part, Democrats say the bill which contains a poortion that requires parents to hand over teaching materials if it's suspected the child isn't being educated properly, and it's left outside entities and other individuals, outside the realm of accountability. In other words, unelected officials to decide whether you are educating your child properly. Hmmm, religious education going on in there. They may view that as improper. It could be literally anything. Oh, you don't have a diversity, equity inclusion program in your curriculum. You need to put one of those in there. Why are they tinkering and messing with parents' rights? The government's tentacles reaching in beyond your front door and residing in your home. Knock on the front door, but you need to let us in. Your homeschooler, evil homeschooler. I hope this gets shot down. But it's Illinois. It's Illinois, so I think you can see the writing is on the wall. That is, of course, if someone was not educated in a public school and know how to write. Five Krcity talk Station Corey Bowman running from mayor in studio, coming up next to hope you can stick around covering Trump's first one hundred days, every day, every day promises, may promises kept. Fifty five kr S the talk station.
Speaker 12: A voice in the dark, heard daily, exactly the things that be said.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station. A six here. Fifty five kr CV talk Station. A very happy Friday to you, Brian Thomas, please as he can be, and I hope you're pleased too. I know that Corey Bowman is in studio staring at him face to face and talk about his race for the mayor city of Cincinnati as a Republican. Every time I say that out loud, there's a Republican running for a mayor in the city of Cincinnati named Corey Bowman, is like, yeah, Okay, we know you got a little bit of an uphill challenge, but maybe not as much as I think people's initial reaction might be. Corey, welcome back, man. It's great seeing you. Hey, great, thanks for having me my pleasure. I let's start with the debate. I have in my notes that it looks like you were scheduled to have a debate with purvol next week.
Speaker 20: Yeah, So as far as what we've been told is that all three candidates have agreed to do the debate March twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: We're just waiting on the terms right now.
Speaker 20: So if anybody from the Inquirer is listening, you know, they said that they were going to have it to us last week and so we would greatly appreciate those terms.
Speaker 1: And I know you want it to be streamed live, and this day and age, I can't think of a single justifiable reason why it wouldn't be streamed live.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 20: The biggest thing about this campaign has to be transparency, you know, getting the word out on what all three candidates represent and then letting.
Speaker 1: People have the choice, well, will this debate be open to the public. That's what we're being told. Yes, okay, so one of the terms that you don't quite know that, but at least it's been initially told. Anything else along the terms of conditions lines have got you concerned or that you're insisting on that might be interesting.
Speaker 20: I think the biggest thing is the transparency of the live streaming, just making sure that people are able to attend, people can hear all the sides of it. And then were the terms of the questioning and how that how that format's gonna go, and.
Speaker 1: It will be conducted by the Inquirer staff. That's what I'm being told.
Speaker 20: Yeah, this is my first rodeo with it, but it's not my first first rodeo with dealing with people.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So at the same time, your ministry is it requires you to be involved with people all of the time. And what's on the campaign trail, you've been out meeting people, and of course owner of a business, you meet people all the time. So it shouldn't be too much of a struggle. Do you know if you're gonna get the questions ahead of time? Are they going to provide advanced questions or are you just gonna fly by your seat of your pants?
Speaker 2: Not for sure?
Speaker 20: These are things that Yeah, that's basically what we're being told, right, you know which day of the week it is next week, as far as we're told, March twenty fifth. All right, well, I got my popcorn out. I'm looking forward to seeing how you do.
Speaker 1: How you do because I think everybody can admit out of the mold of like a Gavin Newsom, you know, I have to have parvol is a pretty polished guy. He comes across as a really slick and I think perhaps too slow, just like Evian Newsom. You know, you just like, wait a second, it's just not something right, And at least that's my impression. Apologies that you met Aftab Purple. You can make all the fun you want of of how I look, but well.
Speaker 20: No, if you lit'st see. I met him for the first time several nights ago. Oh really, yeah, it was a very very nice conversation. The funny thing was is that I was walking to meet mister Brad or Colonel Brad's wind strip, getting great advice from him. He's a great man. And so on the way there, Mayor Aftab was coming down the stairs and so I was just like, yeah, of course I want to meet him. And then this young guy came up to me and said, hey, can you take a picture of me with Mayor Aftab?
Speaker 1: And I was like, yeah, for sure. So I'm sitting there holding the camera taking a picture.
Speaker 20: But then as soon as as soon as that interaction is done, I shake Mayor Aftab's hand. I just said, you did an amazing job speaking tonight, and it's just very kind man.
Speaker 1: So good see. I like your reaction like your attitude an animosity zone. But see, but that's that's your nature. And again going back to your being a minister, I would expect that from you.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 20: Well, what I tell people is like he is a husband and a father and he's in public service. I would assume that people get in public service to help people. But based but based what I'm seeing over the last four years, I just feel like we're the better candidate.
Speaker 1: Good and a lot of reasons for that. And your number one policy pillar, it's Coreybowman dot com bow m A and Coreybowman dot com. There's a little donate button me upright, Carancorna might encourage my listeners to pay. You throw five ten bucks, whatever you can afford. Every little bit counts. It all adds up. Get some signed, get some merch and get whatever you can. Get the name and spread the word responsible money management. We could go on for ours about the irresponsible nature of governments, generally speaking, most notably the city of Cincinnati. I've been so enlightened by the work of Todd Zen's or former Inspector General. He watches them like a hawk, and he has revealed so much much craziness in terms of where we spend our money, and I can go back to the streetcar, which costs US five plus million dollars a year for debt service as well as maintenance, rarely used. I don't think it serves society a benefit at all. But there's that there's the deteriorating roads that we all face all the time. In fact, West Side Jim Kiefer Corey came into or called up today and said he's going to invite or has invited the mayor and all of the council members to an event that's being held up at Price Hill Chili. So they have to take Sunset Avenue and drive over it. It's my favorite team Sunset is it's my best illustration of a street that looks like it's been torn out of a war torn area like Gaza or something, and it's never been fixed and it's been years and years. Forced them to drive over it, which will be a great idea, but it just is an illustration of infrastructure falling ap hard. They don't take care of what they've got. They want to build something new, like the skateboard park.
Speaker 2: Response.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think that whenever I first started the campaign.
Speaker 20: I was asking people were the most important issues that you have on your heart when it comes to the city of Cincinnati. And there's a lot of you know, hot topic issues. There's a lot of things that people care about, but I'll tell you that the majority of them, as I looked at them and as I kind of research, I realized that, you know, eighty ninety percent of these issues are related to money management. When we talk about the infrastructure. See, when it comes to money management and budgeting, nobody has a perfect model necessarily, but I will say that the most important thing with money management is your priorities. What is going to be your priorities, and then whenever those priorities are lining up to common sense and helping the people, and then no matter what, Yeah, there might be certain issues that you want to push like, but those things can't take a precedent or can't be first above infrastructure and roads and things that really that's what the city is responsible for. Yeah, I mean, I go back to the broken windows concept. If you take care of something and it looks pleasing visually, it looks welcoming and accommodating, people are going to want to go there or perhaps consider it for business. I mean, you chose one of the more difficult neighborhoods to start your business over in the West End, right, I mean, and you've bettered that neighborhood by providing you know, jobs in at least a place where people get a good cup of coffee. But it was challenging for you when you did that. Yeah, I mean, honestly, I have a co owner that you know, whenever he came and visited, he saw the mission of our church that's also in the West End as well, and we saw the community and basically, you know, when you have the mentality like we have, it's you go to the places that need help. You don't just go to the places that all we're going to obviously it's going to be an easy ride there. No, we have a mission on our heart to impact the city. And when you see the people that are suffering the most, that's where you have to do something about it, whether it be with church, whether it be with ministry or business, whatever it might be.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's got to be music to many neighborhood's ears who are often completely overlooked. I mean, the West Side is one of them. It's like as if the council doesn't even know there is anything exists beyond the bridge that needs to be replaced with the viaduct. Right, Yeah, that's where the entire city stops, is right there. It's like you go over the edge of the of the flat earth.
Speaker 20: Well, what I see is that when people first come into Cincinnati, obviously there's certain areas that they visit, and on the surface, you know, Cincinnati is a great city. I'm not here saying that Cincinnati as a hell hole and we're just coming in and fix everything. There's a reason why me and my family live here because I really believe it's the greatest city on earth. But what I feel is that there's many communities that have just been forgotten about or not been prioritized just because it doesn't fit the Instagram model of our city. It doesn't fit the social media model of our city. Oh well, we've got to make everything look a certain way, We've got to make people believe that we stand for certain issues. But yet there's people on the outskirts that there's people that are in other districts that are being forgotten.
Speaker 1: About without question, So how is it that Findlay Market and that surrounding area got gentrified and had all that money put into it to the exclusion of all of the other options that are out there in the world. I mean, there's some really deteriorating neighborhoods that have some amazing houses and ability to rehab and go in and you know, if you make it a more welcoming environment for business and for that type of project to happen, maybe it will and maybe those neighborhoods could be improved as well. Coreybowman dot Com. We'll continue with them. We got in for the full hour here. I want to run some speaking of financial things, Todd Zenzer did some number crunching. I just want to propose a couple of ideas from that work. It's eight fifteen right now, be right back after these brief words fifty five KRC for more information with the Channel nine First Warning weather forecast. Got a sunny day to day with a high fifty four overnight clear and forty two fifty six under sunny skies. Tomorrow overnight down to thirty two with partly body skies, and then it hits on Sunday. They're calling for rain and storms and even severe weather on Sunday. Sixty it'll be fifty five for a high end right now thirty one degrees and for an update on traffic from the UCL Traffics Center.
Speaker 15: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset called the Rectal Cancer Program called five one three, five to eighty five UCC see all recks on the highways clear sapbound seventy five starting to get better between seventy four. In downtown soathbound two seventy five, there's a broken down just after you come off of the Carroll Cropper Bridge, adding to the construction delays from the Warrensburg Ramp. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRCA. The talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey Say nineteen fifty five krc DE Talk Station en Choir article does answer some of the questions about the Bowman Debate, which will include a Mayrafte Pro Bowl and challengers plural Cory Bowman and Brian Frank March twenty fifth. It's open to the public, it is free. It's going to be held the Covedale Center for the Performing Arts at forty nine ninety Glenway Avenue, beginning at seven pm. Provide an opportunity for residents to engage directly with the candidates ahead of early voting, which takes place April eighth, and then the May sixth, the primary. Enquirer Opinion editor Kevin Aldridge will be moderating the debate. So still no answer to the question about live streaming. But there's the details and you can find those on my blog page at fifty five car se dot com and of course this conversation on the podcast page when I'm done talking with Corey Bowman who is in studio again, going back to Corey Bowman dot com and keeping in with the financial conversation. And I love the work that Todd Zenzer does because he stays on these guys like white on Rice. Budget Finance Committee held a meeting on the seventeenth. Several items tabled in the agenda, but they included two proposed bond ordinances which will authorize the the City of Cincinnati borrow notice the sound of my voice thirty five million dollars. Five and a half of it goes to the OTR Center Health Center project. The other twenty nine for something called the Finley Community Center Project. And I have no concept of what those are. And he asked some simple questions, Corey. What due diligence was carried out? What are the terms of specific of the bonds. There's nothing in there to explain what the interest rate is, What do you need? Why do you need to issue bonds? He points out, properly, the city took in nineteen million dollars more in revenues than was budgeted only a few months from the end of the fiscal year. Last year, the city had sixty five million dollars surplus, And he points out something logical that no one really takes into account. The debt service on the bond will cost the city millions of dollars over time, So why are we borrowing money? And more fundamentally, Corey, And here's something that you, as a mayor, would have to ride herd over and insist on before these kind of proposals come on your in front of you. Todd points out the comprehensive financial statement report for fiscal year twenty four hasn't even been published yet. He says, before you vote on such a sizable bond issue, shouldn't you understand the current financial condition of the city, for which the financial statement audit will greatly helps? Simple and that makes profound sense. No, you're exactly true.
Speaker 20: I think one of the biggest things that you're saying there is that the report hasn't been released from last year.
Speaker 1: And you made the point right there. You have to know where you are before you can know where you're going.
Speaker 20: And I think that I just use the example of like I mean, if you don't know you know where you are financially and you just keep on purchasing by now on Amazon, then you're just digging yourself more in a hole. And many people just assume that we can just do this or do that, but no, and I think that's the biggest thing when these issues come out, like let's say, you know, let's put a new arena in, let's do this or that, which are things that we agree with, but you have to know where the heck are we financially and do we have the ability to just set a good foundation to where the decisions that we make going forward are actually going to improve us economically, like planning ahead.
Speaker 1: For a rainy day. If you think we need a new arena, and I know that, you know, I still call it the coliseum because I'm old school. I remember when the Cincinnati stingers used to play way back when we had hockey, but seen many a concert there. But okay, so it's old, it's out of date. It could use some upgrades, or it could be torn down in something rebuilt elsewhere or there. I don't care. But it's going to cost a lot of money. We all know that. So we don't have it. Now, put a plan in place and start saving for it, and we have a reserve fund. It's something where you can at least allocate the funds and over time see them grow and build. Don't spend it on shiny new objects, but still take care of the stuff you're responsible for doing, and say, look, we've already got it on the list of things we plan on doing. We're just not going to dig ourselves into a multi million dollar financial hole for decades to come servicing bonds when we have lived without a new one for a long time and I don't know that anybody's gotten hurt because of it. No, it's all about priorities. It's all about priorities.
Speaker 20: We're talking about years that we've been sold as a city to sell a railroad and to be able to put funds forward infrastructure, and then all of a sudden you're seeing that a year later where they're holding it because you can't just put one point six billion dollars into like a money market bank account, right, You've got to have someplace. So I understand the concept of putting the funds in a place that's going to yield return, so that doesn't depreciate. But the reality of it is that from what we're seeing, and you had Adam Kohler on earlier and you can see the stats on this, is that we're seeing maybe a one percent yield on it, but the inflation of the cost of this infrastructure keeps on going up and up and up, so essentially you're losing money every year that you don't put it into the infrastructure.
Speaker 1: A great point, and I'm glad you you brought down back up because Adam Adam was just very very pointed as analysis about that it now costs double the amount to fix the road that it did like just a year or so ago, because the materials costs have increased. Yeah, and that's a regularly occurring phenomenon, and that just shows it's not a priority. It just shows that it's not a priority on your list, that there's other things that you would rather spend money on focus on rather than just going right from day one and just saying let's fix the damn roads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amen to that.
Speaker 1: All Right, it's paused a little bit early in this break, and we'll continue with Corey Bowman for a couple more segments. Find out what else he's got. He wants the lowered regulation in taxes too, something I thoroughly embrace, and that would be a magnet for more humanity move in the city limits more with Corey after these words.
Speaker 13: The Senate Democrats all voting against protection for women in sports when it comes to trans women, Why stop at sports?
Speaker 1: Every single person who played high school.
Speaker 11: Or college sports knows this is complete bs Our guys could easily transition into the most powerful women in America.
Speaker 1: Woke mind virus buck is so powerful for them, play trans Travis and but sex change. That was super weird.
Speaker 4: Today at noon on fifty five KRZ, the talk station, did you note.
Speaker 1: Jenna I first one to one pocasts got a nice day to day sunny sky's height to fifty four over nine is going to be clear enough forty two for the low tomorrow high fifty six with sun clouds Overy ninth, thirty two and then bad day Sunday if you unless you love brain and storms and severe weather, because that's what they're calling for. Fifty five for the high end thirty two Right now, time for trafficks from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 15: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials. I AM the region's only young onset colorectal cancer program called five one three five eighty five U see CEC stop bend seventy five down to about a fifteen minute delay between seventy four and the brand Spence after an earlier wreck. Latest Aankscient is on stop Bend two seventy five. Just after you come off of the Carol Cropper the right lings or blocks single fire to get buy on the left back into the Lawrence prog Ram Chuck king ramon fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: A twenty eight fifty five KRCD talk station. It's a happy Friday. Coreybowman dot com. It'shere you find mayoral candidate Corey Bowman's website. Opportunity to help out the campaign in his U seven policy pillars, which were kind of walking through right now briefly got practical housing approach. We have talked about this before, Corey, and you know, I mean, on face of the simple economic rout of that there's a low supplying demand. Some neighborhoods already more demand than others. Those obviously have higher home prices, and if you can't afford those, that presents an opportunity for maybe some of these other neighborhoods with more affordable housing to turn around. I remember, and it's turned around a lot over the last several decades. Norwood was sort of one of those lesser desired communities, but you know, it's blown up. I mean, you're right next to Hyde Park, which was always expensive. You got Oakley right there, But nor has become a desirable place to live. And I think the housing has gone up some in price though even a guess anyway, But there are other neighborhoods out there who are that It seem to be ripe and ready for that type of transformation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 20: I think a big issue with what we're dealing with in downtown in the West End area is that you're not utilizing some of the best resources in the city, and that's your local developers.
Speaker 1: There's local developers.
Speaker 20: You know, builders and investors that might only be able to do one or two properties at a time. But what we've seen in a lot of these communities is that you'll have an initial influx of investors or people that want invest in the community. They want to put market rate housing, they want to put everything there. But then after a while they start getting hindered or they start getting choked out by the policies that be because it doesn't match up with the zoning. And what we're seeing specifically in the West End is a huge disparity between the low income government subsidized housing and high income. I believe the current statistics right now is that we're over eighty percent government subsidized housing in the West End. And so when you see that, there's no really ground for that middle class, that middle ground, and you're actually hindering everybody that's in that affordable housing because they.
Speaker 1: Have no option to get out of it right well, and I think there is a in many cases well deserved reputation that if you don't own your property and you are in a subsidized resident regardless of circumstance, that you don't tend to take care of it and neighborhoods can deteriorate, and I understand how that can happen. It's not my place, and I'm not going to paint the walls, I'm not going to fix the floors. I'm not going to do the plumbing. I got to wait for some perhaps absentee landlord to come in and deal with that. And most like the city of City's infrastructure, the place starts deteriorating over time and devaluating the existing homes that are in the neighborhood. So it's a it's a vicious downward spiral. You know, We've had a problem with absentee landlords in the city forever. Yeah.
Speaker 20: And when I mean when I say like local developers, I'm not talking about like people that come in from ol state or out of the country to do it rehab.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there's so many people that are wanting to do this.
Speaker 20: Case in point is people that own our coffee shop building like that is just an amazing building that has residents of young people that live in the city, that work in the city. And for the most part, it's they're getting a market rate. They're getting a fair value on their whether it be rent or whether the utilities, whatever that might be, and the g a chance to kind of live in the city and to be able to contribute to the city in that way. And then but if you, like I said, if you have eighty percent or above in affordable housing, even if you say that there's some people that don't take care of their residents wherever, when you have that as the majority, there is no way that they're going to get out of that system.
Speaker 1: There's no way at all. And of course I am certain even though it's affordable housing under whatever definition you want to use, that the property taxes probably still went up along with everybody else, taking away available some of income to maybe put a cut of paint on that.
Speaker 20: And you're exactly right on the supply and demand too, like a lot of the policies or the zoning restrictions are hindering these properties from becoming livable residents. And so if we just free up the policies and just say, hey, let's let people build, let's let people flood the market with housing, the crisis might not even be there if you actually have housing available for people and let people decide for themselves rather than having this overlord of oh no, we can only have these buildings the way that we want because this is our vision for the city. No, it's for the residents of Cincinnati to dictate that.
Speaker 1: I agree completely on that. And I want to ask you real quick, because I'm thinking along the lines of transportation. Is there a lack of public transportation in that particular area? I mean, would it benefit from more frequent metro stops and that kind of thing to help people try and get back and forth to their jobs or whatever they need to be in that area.
Speaker 20: You have a very significant you know, bus route that goes down Lynn Street, and so you have stops every stop. You have it from the Metro, from the city, you know, public transportation, and so you see it there and then people are able to kind of get buy through that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 20: You know, there's obviously, I think better ways that you can structure the roads or structure the parking or anything like that as well. But for the most part, people can get to Lynn Street in our area fairly quickly to get on a bus route.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, so you just put in a plug for your community. Look, we've got good transportation, public transportation. It's readily available for us. Yeah, come on in the water's fine. What do you think, I mean, keep it with the West End four we part company there for this segment. What in your estimation does it I mean we talked about housing, of course, but any what else do you think it needs? I mean, if there was an if you were an investor and you were considering the West End, and you had an unlimited plate of things that you might want to build or create or businesses, what do you think it's in need of that might bring about some greater success for the community.
Speaker 20: Well, I think the model of our building is actually fairly successful. What is that you have a space underneath that can be zoned for a business, and then you have let's say four or five units above that can be rented out to residents that live in the city, that want to work in the city, that want to thrive in the city. And so there's so many properties in the West End like that, like that, but they're sitting vacant. I personally know a building that I talked to the investor. He's put one point two million dollars into this property and they haven't done one thing to the building because it's all about cutting, you know, red tape and trying to figure out where they can get it zoned at, and it's negotiating with the powers that be that own it to try to figure out whether it matches with their vision of the community. And I'm telling you that happens so much throughout our cities where you have investors, you have people that want this business, that want businesses to thrive, that want the community to thrive, and they're being held back businesses like local markets are a grocery store or anything like that. And you can make the argument that all, well, it's not a good community to put those businesses in. No, Like I'm a case in point. I know that it might not be the best community to put the business in, but you put in. And there's a video that actually released just two months ago from a major you know, podcaster that visited the West End and they were interviewing people and the people specifically said, this Bay Miller block right here was where all the I did.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Yeah, you can't spell out first words either, So yeah, and don't do that at the debate with UH, just try to help you a lot. That's okay. Say I'm not the one that wrote the rules. I don't make them up. I don't even just write them down. I just got to apologize for that. So anyhow, that's okay. But people will do it and want to do it. It's if you build it, they will come. You're confident about that. But there are powers that be that are standing in the way with all these rules and regulations because whatever rule, whatever mindset they have, what the community should look like in their mind doesn't fit with the business.
Speaker 20: Yeah, and the block that we're in they called the Bay Miller Block, and there was a lot of stuff that went down there, and they said, if you came here ten years ago versus now, it's unrecognizable because this isn't where the stuff goes down anymore. This isn't where the crime goes down anymore. And it's because there was developers that got in early and that developed town homes or businesses there and then us you know, having the coffee shop there, and so it's not like the most you know, filled up block as far as businesses go.
Speaker 1: What it's like the broken windows here at the exactly four, you don't have broken windows. You got businesses that are in operation, and the bad guys don't hang out there anymore. They moved a few blocks down the road. We'll continue with Corey Bowman after these brief words. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 2: Focus is gone.
Speaker 1: Go reading this only two.
Speaker 17: Genders order and immigration crack englyst the official.
Speaker 1: No tax on tips.
Speaker 17: The baby common sense has become a copulf of America.
Speaker 2: This is real.
Speaker 1: The people elected me to do the job, and I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: America is back.
Speaker 18: The mess is created gold in age a short time in office.
Speaker 4: What happens next? Happens the year just begun? Fifty five krs. The talk station talker the night first one to what the whole casts not bad today.
Speaker 1: We've got sunny skies in a high on fifty four to be mostly clear of a night with a drop to forty two fifty six with sun tomorrow partly Claudia nine thirty two, and then rain and storms are expected. Severe weather is possible, according to Channel nine, to be a high fifty five thirty one degrees right now. Time for traffic updates.
Speaker 15: From the UCL Traffic Center of the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young on set coorectal cancer program called five one, three, five eight five use seat c C stapbound two seventy five crews are working in then acienty. Just after you come off of the Carrol Cropper Bridge, right lanes from block Triumphic backs up past the Lawrence program. Construction on the bridge doesn't help any stop found seventy five better less than five minute delay now between seventy four in town Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR.
Speaker 1: See the talk station Hey forty fifty bouve KCD talk station Happy Friday. Christopher smithment on Monday with this Smith event. Former vice mayor of the City of Sincanne. A man who wants to be mayor of the City of Sincene. Sitting in my studio Corey Bowen Coreybowman dot com. You can check out his agenda items help him out, donate to his campaign and participate in the events and again. The Enquirer Debate is next week twenty fifth. We're taking place at Covedale Center for Performing Arts on Glenway Avenue beginning at seven pm. It's a free event open to the public. You two see what our contrasts I have to have provoll with Corey Bowman and also Brian frank So show up to that. We're gonna helpe it live streams. We're trying to Corey's been trying to find out if that is OAKA, I mean if that if that's something it was one of his terms that he'd liked to have as a live feed, so no one can sort of edit it after the fact, Corey something like that. Yeah, just exactly. It's continuing the transparency, all right. I know you're a fan of the Eastern Saint Police Department. Yes, you're not a detractor, You're not a defund the police kind of guy, and I would expect that you would, in a role as mayor, be an outspoken supporter of them and regularly bring it to the public's attention what they're doing. Because what always bothers me, Even if they're not actively opposing police like they used to be doing uncounsel, they're not out there supporting the police either, and there is you know, the silence on that is deafening. I think the police, from a morale standpoint would like to hear the elected officials support them. I think, you know, putting money where the mouth is and rather than doing this, I don't know, what is that program where they have non police officers responding to what three to one one calls or nine to one one calls, and I think those resources should be more allocated to the police department. And that sprung from the defund the police effort too, if I recall correctly, Corey.
Speaker 20: Yeah, So when we talk about the police department, I just, you know, kind of grew up just knowing that they're there to protect and serve obviously, and yes there's issues that you might see with certain individuals, but overall they're there for the community. And we have a coffee shop. We have police officers coming into our shop regularly. We speak with them, and before I knew a lot about these issues, I would just have these conversations and I would just realize that there is this disparity between the city support versus you know, what the police officers actually do and the training that goes behind it and their lives being on the line. This is something that we have to set as This is the culture that we have in city Hall, is that we support the police department, that we support our officers and the fire department that lay their lives down for our citizens. And then through that, whether it be with funding and whether it be through policies that put that into their hands rather than just trying to divide this into all this is what the community looks like. You know, non emergency, you know responders that they're really on your side. But if there is emergency, then we send out these people that aren't really on your side. That can't be No, it can't And like say, well, what's the big deal.
Speaker 1: Whether council says good things about the police or not, it serves to facilitate a better relationship with between people who otherwise might want to cooperate with the police department, might be afraid to cooperate with the police department, and yet nonetheless want to have a police presence to keep the bad guys out of their neighborhood. It's like an irreconcilible position. Yeah, you want us thereby, you hate us, you want us thereby. You won't drop a dime on the bad guy that you know committed the crime. You won't show us where the hidden gun is. That's the multi use gun.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: If this council would engage and be more proactive with that kind of positive discussion, maybe more people out of the various communities would put down this mindset the police, bad police, evil police, racist, Ignore that mantra that has been preached by so many of these non governmental outside organizations and race baiters, and help serve their own community better.
Speaker 20: No, absolutely, if you want to see safe streets, I'm telling you this right now. The people that live in these neighborhoods, they want to see safe streets. They want to see the police actively involved in picking up the crime in their communities. They're actually begging for. But a lot of these police officers, I'll tell you this, the morale for the police officers are very low as well, because even if they do arrest, you know what's coming. Then what happens is that you have judges and people on the post end of it that are going to limit or not eliminate, but they're going to release.
Speaker 1: These People's one of those exact CEM offenders.
Speaker 20: And I'm telling you I heard that directly from their mouths. That's not a talking point that I'm just copying pasting from a policy. That is, as I'm talking with individuals that are in the Cincinnati Police Force that have been on there for thirteen, fifteen, seventeen years, they're saying that there's a morale that's lowering in their police department because they're like, why are we going to arrest people if they're just going to be released on the street right after?
Speaker 1: It's not worth the paperwork. I mean I understand that all day long. I mean, what's the point? And then it's much like California when they decriminalize shoplifting up the nine hundred and fifty bucks, Look what happened. The place goes to hell in a handbasket. This is, in fact, almost like passing legislation decriminalizing certain activity. If it's not over a big level offense like murder or rape or incest or child molestation or something like that, then they're gonna walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've seen people released on unrecognizance bond that we're in possession of a firearm. Don't we have a gun violence problem? They keep claiming in this city.
Speaker 20: No, And it's even with smaller charges as well, because the reality of it is that there's issues that go on throughout the city, whether it be from you call it a non emergency versus a major emergency. That is the job of the Cincinnati Police Department. They are there to monitor, to protect and serve, and this is why we have them in our city. And you're essentially tying their hands and just telling them, oh, don't do this, don't do that. And a police force cannot be afraid to do their job, and a police force cannot feel like their job is meaningless. A police force needs to be well funded and well supported by the city. And then they need to know that, hey, your city officials that hire you, that do this, that they have your back.
Speaker 1: I think city council people and the man can also be hopefully bring pressure to bear down on the Hamilton County Prosecutor's office and the judges in the community and highlight and illustrate who's the good judges and who's the bad judges, because, for example, you're in front of Judge Silverstein, you're pretty much gonna get a walk or a pass. From everything I've read, we'll continue one more with Corey Bowmen here in studio talking about its mayoral race. It's a forty seven right now, fifty about krs. The talk station. When it comes to the news, corporate needs you to find the differences between this picture and this picture. You won't have any trouble finding the differences they're.
Speaker 18: The same picture.
Speaker 2: Every day is different, very different.
Speaker 1: The store is a little bit different. Different things are happening every day.
Speaker 16: Every hour is different, So it's a little bit different, different from what it was from just an hour ago.
Speaker 1: It's the source, of course, that's always the same, always been the same, the same thing. And I like fifty five KRC the talk station. Have you ever wondered different? One more time for the nine verst Orcan's not bad. Sunny sky is the day with to high fifty four down to forty two overnight with clear sky's fifty six with sun tomorrow thirty two overnight with few clouds in their Rain and storms are expected on Sunday and perhaps severe fifty five for the high Sunday. Right now closing down to thirty two degrees. Time for final traffic chucking room from the ucl Tramtics Center.
Speaker 15: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset calledorectal cancer program called five one three five to eighty five u SE see see Seppend two seventy five.
Speaker 1: Crews continue to work with an accident.
Speaker 15: Just after you come off with the Carroll proper bridge right lanes or block traffic backs up pass the Lawrence Perg ramp. Steppend seventy five slows a bit out of Lockham Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR seat the talk station.
Speaker 1: Let's say fifty one to fifty both ks detalxation. The mic comes on and that's immediately when I had got hit with a sneeze. Thankfully I have a cough button in addition to the dump button. Corey Bowman Instudio learned about all that this morning, Corey, learn more than thank you for your grace on that. You're more than welcome man. Trust me, brother, You're not the first person who's required me to hit the dump button. So we went down most of your policy platform positions again. You can find Corey online at Corey Bowman dot com, and I encourage you to do that again the debate next week. We'll can one more plug for that Covedale Convention Center on the twenty fifth at seven pm, open to the public, and all three Merrill candidates will be there. Corey Bowman. Of course I have to have Purval and Brian Frank, so feel free to attend that and learn more Corey anything else you want to get in the last few minutes we got remaining here that we maybe didn't touch on something revealing about you, something that might be interesting people get interested in voting for you or perhaps helping you out in your campaign trail.
Speaker 20: No, I just say the things that we're learning about the process. You know, every day I kind of wake up thinking why in the world did you get into this? Because our background is, you know, pastoring a church and then having a coffee shop, and every day I feel like I'm having conversations with people that just encouraged me. Like last night we were at Buskin's Bakery and Hyde Park area. People came in and now just to say hi, here the vision of what we're doing, and just had so much encouragement there. And so if any of you want to get involved in this, obviously our website Coreyboma dot com. But the dates that we're specifically honing in on right now is April eighth is going to be the early voting starts for the primary. Yeah yeah, and then we're actually having an early voting kickoff at Price Hill Chili that night, and so if anybody wants to attend that, that's gonna be I believe from I believe five to seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's April eighth.
Speaker 20: That price heal Chili, and then we just have to mobilize people to be able to get out and vote April eighth through May six. This is when the primary dates are happening to where we've got to get anybody that wants to see us on the ballot and win this primary for November to get out and vote there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I encourage people to do that, and of course you all that information be posted on Corey's website as well, keep you informed on what's coming up. Well, Corey, it's been a pleasure having in the studio. Appreciate you making the trip to talk for in person. It's always a nice conversation we've had, and I certainly wish you the best of luck on the campaign trail. It's nice to see that you're running ato enthusiastic people.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I share your understand I mean I wouldn't get into a race period. You know, I've been asking for you should run for a second. Hell no, And my my biggest problems button there. Yeah okay, yeah, it's but the most you know, blue emphasis I can use on the morning show. Yeah, you see, but it's it's always like hell no. My first reaction and the most troubling part of running is for me, at least, I perceive that that you have to go around and ask people for money you need, so you can't run a campaign without funds, and that just the idea of that. And I'm I'm on the self deprecating side.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big pattern on my own back kind of person, so thinking that anybody would want to vote for me for anything is sort of like my brain wants to reject that. Well, during our kickoff, people wearing shirts with my name on it very weird. Yeah yeah, I just liked the concept of celebrity or something like that, just like I reel at that. But then having that mindset and then having to hold your hand out and ask someone to please contribute because I need to bake signs, I need to make T shirts. I don't know. I wish you the best man. I'm glad you got the stomach for it, because you seem like a good man on policies and principles. And of course I think the city of Sin Sin could certainly use a change. It's been run by Democrats for way, way too long, and look where they brought us. It's all about a choice.
Speaker 20: It's all about That's what we started getting into this for was that I didn't like the fact that people weren't going to have a choice. And so as we have gone through this, like I said, day you wake up, you kind of doubt whether this was the right decision. But then by the end of the day, I'm more encouraged than ever before that this was the right decision. That we're going to run to win and we're going to be able to see strategic things happen in this say that really have never been done. Excellent closing comments, Corey Bowman. We'll we'll talk again. I am certain about that, and good luck and or best luck with the debate next week.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brian. My pleasure Tech Friday with Dave Hattery Award winning he got in the top one hundred podcast in Tech. He's now a recognized national leader in Tech, number thirty nine out of one hundred on the list. So congratulations. I'm proud to have helped you to reach that lofty guld Dave Hatter. Everything you want to say that you say in your echo is sent to Amazon Ohio, Pornville eighty four more like nineteen eighty four, and finally, android phones are tracking you even before you sign in. Steve Schuemake with his Dark World Saga trilogy local authors sounds like fascinating books if you're into fantasy, but it also is connected with your relationship with God. The very religious man Steve, and of course this our podcast on fifty five KRC dot com. On the podcast page, folks tune in Monday for Christopher Smithman. Have a wonderful weekend. Just director, God bless you for all that you do. The folks don't go away. Lenbeck's up next, covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 7: Every day we.
Speaker 18: Stand on the verge of the four greatest years in American history.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc D Talkstation. This report is sponsor