Speaker 1: Fifty five cair Ce de Talk Station. Happy Wednesday listener, Lunch Wednesday, one more time to invite you too, Barley Korn's Wilder, Kentucky location. And I'm so pleased to welcome back Proud Mom. She must be Jess Obert, who is the mother of Peyton of Peyton Lemonade Stan Fame. Welcome back, Jess. It's great to have you on the program this morning.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: And I'll encourage all my listeners to help out. It's Peyton's pa y t o ns Peyton's Lemonade Stan dot org and you are rock in the world. This all started in twenty eighteen when your six year old daughter got a gift when she was a children's hospital of a teddy bear and it just warmed her heart so much that she wanted to give back, so she opened a lemonade Stan took in her first year, got seven hundred and sixty eight bucks to benefit the charity of her children's hospital and it's just blown up since then. Tell my listeners how much she took in last year with all the help of so many listeners and businesses, and like King's Island even was involved last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so it grew since twenty eighteen. So you mentioned she had one stand in our driveway that summer, Well, last summer she had ninety stands all throughout Cincinnati and northern Kentucky and in three hours we raised over one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Again, I had you on last year and there was a lemonade stand down in little old Loveland, and I lived very close to Loveland, and yeah, I went down there and of course made a contribution. And I just can't one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars in three hours, that's just truly amazing. So over the years collectively, do you know how much you've taken in.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, we're closing in on.
Speaker 3: Probably about eight hundred.
Speaker 1: Thousand, oh my word. Yeah, and you.
Speaker 2: Did a lemonade stands and all the fundraisers that we.
Speaker 1: Do, and so you've expanded. I know, you turned into a five oh one C three back in twenty twenty one. This is going to be the eighth annual AM I correct July twenty sixth of this year. So this I'm giving everybody advanced notice because you can help out. You can open up your own lemonade stand taking money for this wonderful charity. It's July twenty sixth, Save the date. At least get out and buy some lemonade from a Peyton's Lemonade stand, because trust me, there's going to be one near you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have the map online, so closer to July twenty sixth, we'll have a map showing all of the locations for the stands, So certainly there will be one in your neighborhood, right around the corner at a local business close to you. So yeah, we really encourage you to come out on July.
Speaker 1: Twenty six And it's not too late for someone to set up a stand for the benefit of Payton's Lemonade Stand. Correct.
Speaker 2: No, it's not too late to sign up the host, and it's not too late to become a sponsor. You know, we had over twenty local businesses last summer who sponsored this event, and really it's it's through their invaluable help that allows us to put on an event of this magnitude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is a lot of work, more work than I think anybody really appreciates. And until you've done something like this, you're like, oh my god, I didn't realize what I was getting into.
Speaker 2: Right right, And we give the host, Brian, everything they need to host the stand, so we make it We make it very.
Speaker 4: Easy for you.
Speaker 1: So all you do is volunteer by going to Peyton's Lemonade Stand dot org and either signing up as a sponsor or tell them that you want to do a lemonade stand. And while Peyton was recognized, I understand she won an award recently.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, so she last fall was recognized as the Young Philanthropist of the Year in Cincinnati by the Association of Fundraising Professionals here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: And then just last week we flew to New York City to be on the Cameron Hall Show.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, well congratulations on that. You know, this is the kind of thing that could go nationwide because I have friends that are involved in cancer research lost their daughter to pediatric brain cancer and they started the care Starts now which is now global, and you know, just started here locally, so you're already all over Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. So with getting that kind of national exposure, this thing could be epic. And going back to your establishment as a five o' one C three It started out with this proceeds going to the Children's Hospital Medical Center. Have you expanded the recipients the charities that that that go ahead and tell my listeners who else might might get some of the funding?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So when we became a five on on C three, we expanded our mission to include more kids. So in addition to helping kids in the hospital, where helping kids facing medical, personal and economic hardships. So what that means is, you know, we're we're helping kids who are experiencing homelessness, We're helping kids in the foster care system, We're helping kids and underfund at schools. And it's all here locally.
Speaker 3: So there's thousands of kids.
Speaker 2: Who benefit from the funds that we raise every year.
Speaker 1: Do you have a goal for this year's funds? If you've got one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars in three hours last year, what are you looking for this year?
Speaker 2: You know, I tend not to set gold because I would hate to disappoint the kids in the Stans if we don't reach the goal.
Speaker 4: But I always just say, we always try to beat the total from the previous year, and we've never.
Speaker 3: Not done that.
Speaker 1: I was going to say proven track record. Every single year it grows substantially. So you got one hundred grand and twenty twenty three, one hundred and twenty five grand last year, so let's just say I'm pretty sure you're going to get one hundred and fifty this year. That's my goal for you. And don't hold it against me if you don't get it. But my listeners will help out. And I know there's a business out there that's going to go, hey, you know what, why not? It's so easy to either help with the organization or set up a stand. You'll get customers in your in your business just to buy some lemonade. They might buy something off your shelves, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I can't tell you how many, but we have so many boutiques in at the host and they they love that day one because they're giving back, but to their stores packed, I know, with people who come in and want to wanna donate. And another thing for sponsors, for businesses to sponsor, it's great publicity because we are in every single part of Cincinnati, so it's a great way to get your name out there.
Speaker 1: Well how about that? See you a generated interest right there, Jess. Jess Obert got to be so proud of what Peyton was able to accomplish along with your help and the help of so many others volunteers. You know, be a sponsor, set up a stand, anyway you do it, just get to Peyton's Lemonade Stand dot Org. Joe will put a link to your organization on my blog page as well, Jess, So make it really easy for people. Can't remember that. Good luck and maybe we'll talk again before July twenty six, which is the next day.
Speaker 2: That sounds great my pleasure, Yes so much.
Speaker 1: Have a great week. Eight fifty six fifty five kr SE Detalk Station. Wow, what a great day on the show. I love anything on a positive NOE Big Picture with Jack Avian and always brilliant Shakespeare's Advice for Trump, Donovan and the Americans for Frostbury. They're talking about budgeting and Columbus and got some things that we need to do. Check out my conversation with Donovan I fifty five cars dot Com, Veteran ID Cards Comic County Veteran Services Steve Belso talking about that and explaining how easy it is to get one which will make your life veterans so much more convenient and keep you out of the identity fraud problem that can happen on the Trump trail. Epoch epic either way you slice it. The Epoch Times writer Janice Heisel was on the campaign trail sixty Trump events. Tomorrow night, Empower You seminar on that on the reality and what she experienced. Seven pm. Empower Youamerica dot or judge Anenopolitana taking the Constitution seriously and of course the link to Peyton's lemonade sand All fifty five krs dot com. God bless you Joe Strecker for all that you do. Folks have a wonderful day. Help to see at lunch at Barleycorn's Wilder, Kentucky location today. Don't go Wegg Glenbeck's coming up covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 4: Every day we stand on the verge of the four greatest years in American history.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station. This report