Speaker 1: Hey guys, it's Sandy, just sliding in here real quick to say thank you very much for listening to the podcast version of the show. Our numbers are growing and growing and growing, so thank you very much. Would you do me a favor? Would you copy and paste the link of this podcast and send it to a couple of your friends That just says, hey, I think you'll like this. If you guys do that, we can grow even faster. So thank you very much. I appreciate it. Here's more of the podcast. Thank you very much for being a part of the best part of our name. My name is Sandy. This is my beautiful, talented, yet somewhat a serbic wife who once played a sold out show at Madison Square Garden entertaining thousands with her kazoo.
Speaker 2: Goes by Tricia ah Hi, everybody incorrect, not even a shred of truth in that one.
Speaker 3: You can play the kazoo, though I can't.
Speaker 4: I don't think I can. Our daughter can play the kazoo with her.
Speaker 3: Nose, I know. My sister taught her how to do it. Yeah, and we got a video of it.
Speaker 4: We have a video of it. She was what.
Speaker 1: Talented as word, She's gonna go to kindergarten with the kazoo upperners and all the kids were gonna make fun of her. Yep, didn't happen. Didn't happen. Tricia did not entertain thousands.
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 1: No, Oh, you had it, that'd be pretty funny. Sold out kazoos show. I don't think that's a thing, be sold out. I get like four seeds, right, writings, sell out anything. It just the venue is what you.
Speaker 4: Need to guys, is what's gonna make it amazing or not.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Hope you guys had a good weekend.
Speaker 1: Big basketball game tonight, the University of Houston Cougar's taking on those Gators from Florida. Okay, got Cougars and Gators hooking up tonight. Congratulations to the women at Yukon. They won the women's NCAA basketball turn rice yesterday. And it's Master's week and it's fishing week.
Speaker 2: For saying I know Sandy's going fishing and gonna watch golf, It's like you've died and gone to heaven.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: I'm going with the buddy of mine and we're going fishing for a couple of days this weekend and going to watch the Masters tournament and we might play golf too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my buddy, I'm going with rich.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're going to stand a nice place.
Speaker 1: They were in a nice place for us to stay in. Yeah, golf course. Nice.
Speaker 4: Do you think you're fancy, don't you?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pretend like I'm fancy.
Speaker 4: Totally do that. What are the wise? What's the point in having rich friends?
Speaker 3: Right? I've always said, always have friends that can deliver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got to bring something with them, right, I mean, I like you for who you are, But what I really like is what she can bring with you.
Speaker 4: Like I like you? What else she got?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sweet in the pot with We're so shallow?
Speaker 2: Right, Well, I mean, come on, everybody, don't say you don't do that?
Speaker 4: People you know you do.
Speaker 3: What's first thing made you laugh?
Speaker 2: My problem is I actually opened a Jurassic Park. I would still totally go. I meanwhile, everybody's eaten in all of the movies. I would totally go.
Speaker 1: No, I know, don't yell at me. I never saw a Jurassic partment. That whole thing was that an experiment gone wrong? Is that what happened?
Speaker 2: It's it's remember I told you they're trying to bring back the wooly mammoth. Yes, Jurassic Park is some on the premise that they brought back the dinosaurs, and then the dinosaurs went crazy and acted.
Speaker 4: Like dinosaurs do.
Speaker 2: There's a reason dinosaurs and humans aren't on the earth at the same time.
Speaker 1: That's the problem with science. Science doesn't know when to quit.
Speaker 2: Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Let's leave the wooly mammoth. The first step is that they created little wooly mice that are adorable. By the way, they could make a fortune on selling little wooly mice to kids, right as pets. Let's stay with the wooly mice. You did that first part. You know you can make the big giant elephant with the Let's don't do that.
Speaker 3: John Stewart, who's a funny guy. You smart guy.
Speaker 1: He said something really funny about science. He goes, I am convinced that the end of humanity will begin when some scientists says, huh it worked.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, which is terrifying.
Speaker 1: Which is really true though, yeah, really, really really true. It's the Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station WHAT three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app still to come on the show. I bought a couple of things over the weekend. I didn't tell Trisha about them. I haven't told her about them yet, but I will. But I got one thing for YouTube, But I can't tell you what it is.
Speaker 4: You can't even tell me now what it is.
Speaker 3: Oh, because it's for our anniversary.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, you're freaking me out about our anniversary. You keep talking about how great your gift is, and we're not anniversary gift people.
Speaker 4: This is a great pressure.
Speaker 1: This might be the greatest gift I've ever given, other than my love.
Speaker 2: Other than the squegee that you got me when you went on the grocery store run, which I love.
Speaker 3: Better than that, No, yeah, better than that.
Speaker 4: And it's so satisfying to squegee stuff.
Speaker 1: You'll find out on April the nineteenth, YEP yeap Stories we.
Speaker 4: Lost Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 2: The Boss is releasing not one, but seven new albums on June twenty seventh, Sandy. They're part of a box set called Tracks to the Lost Albums, and in total, it has eighty three previously unreleased tracks that were quartered between nineteen eighty three and twenty eighteen seventy four of them have never been heard.
Speaker 4: I think the Boss can explain it best.
Speaker 5: I often read about myself in the nineties as having some lost period or something, and not really really, I was working the whole time. I like that, Like the pandemic, what I did for that period of time was I finished everything I had in my vault.
Speaker 6: So this is tracks two. The lost albums are records that were full records, some of them even to the point.
Speaker 5: Of being mixed and not released for one reason or another.
Speaker 6: Something I felt was missing from some.
Speaker 5: Of them, or they just didn't feel complete at the time. Over a period of time, I built up a small collection of full albums that, for.
Speaker 6: One reason another never got put out. Yeah damn, I like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, my birthday's on the twenty eighth. This comes out on the twenty seventh.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, it'd be a nice birthday, be a nice birthday present for you.
Speaker 3: Heck yeah, I want their albums.
Speaker 4: I have always liked Bruce Springsteen. I've always liked his music.
Speaker 2: Never just a crazed fan that's liked every single song he's ever put out. But I'm gonna tell you this, last year I watched Roade Diary Bruce Springsteen in the East Street Band. The documentary fell head over heels in love with Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 3: He's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: It was behind the scenes of his tour, so every time, you know, they had footage.
Speaker 4: From the tour. Each night he was singing and performing and I was like, Oh, I forgot about that song. I forgot it.
Speaker 2: Also, Bruce Springsteen hot as he gets older. He's freaking seventy five. He looks great, looks great, and it's just such a cool guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I love him. So that is called Tracks to the Lost Albums. I find it interesting on the business side of this that he recently sold his library.
Speaker 2: Knowing that he had a whole new library.
Speaker 1: Kevin Hout smart. It's pretty smart, and it's eighty three previously unreleased tracks.
Speaker 3: That's a whole nother library.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and he's worth seven hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So he's doing it because he loves it.
Speaker 4: He's doing it because he loves it.
Speaker 2: But I like it that he was like they were mixed and ready to be released, but there was just something in it that I did and he wouldn't put it out.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I love that he should listen to your gut Yeah on things like that.
Speaker 3: Very cool again.
Speaker 1: Tracks to the Lost Albums from Bruce Springsteen eighty three previously unreleased tracks that were from nineteen eighty three to twenty eighteen, comes out on June the twenty seventh. Hey, good morning. If you're in Austin nine or Central Texan and you like your morning radio from people that actually live and work in Austin, Texas talking about local things, will be here for the JBN Sandy Hour. It's coming up at seven on Austin's East station one oh three point one and streaming on my heart Radio app. I made a couple of purchases over the weekend, Tricia, Okay, but here's a little interesting caveat to them. You know, lately I put I just obsessed and put things off on buying and buying.
Speaker 3: I don't buy, I don't buy, I don't buy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, analysis by paralysis.
Speaker 1: This time I had my way around, pulled the trigger.
Speaker 3: Boom, I pulled the trigger.
Speaker 4: Is it something expensive?
Speaker 1: Nope, not at all. But what's funny about this? This happened on Saturday. I bought these two things, but on Friday, I was super proud of myself, and I told you and our daughter that on Friday, I did not spend one dollar.
Speaker 4: I know you were very excited.
Speaker 1: That doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, because I spent money, and it's like you spent money. It was just I'm the one who paid for it.
Speaker 3: Well, right, right right? You bought dinner that night, yeah or something.
Speaker 1: I technically not a dollar came out of my wallet right right, or on my debit Carter credit card or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Very rare day, very rare for me.
Speaker 1: So on Saturday I celebrated that by buying Take a look at your phone. I texted you a photo of one of the things that I bought. All right, hang on, you're going to be Is it gonna be dirty?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Look, oh my god? Are these the same ones? Just slip on?
Speaker 1: Yep, but they're different. They're going to have their shoes. They're Nikes, by the way, Nike running shoes. Friends, and they all have been.
Speaker 4: Listening for a while.
Speaker 2: Sandy has become obsessed with the new running tenisue. He found what six months ago and loved them so much and has what two This is my fourth pair. This is his fourth pair. He has extra pairs because he's terrified Nike is going to stop making this particular style. Then he talked me into getting a pair of them, and then we got a pair for our daughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I got my friend David, he got a pair of tess.
Speaker 2: I should be get a commission, right, How do you not work for them?
Speaker 1: But these are slip on Nike Interact running shoes. They're they're kind of black and white.
Speaker 4: You got the black and white ones, yes, and uh.
Speaker 1: They were on so I was really nervous that they were going to stop making these because they were on super duper sale thirty percent off fifty eight dollars.
Speaker 3: How do you say no?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: And you love them so much? I hope they don't come off when you are you gonna try and run in these?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: These I feel like chees are Yeah, cheese are strolling around tennis shoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are my dress second pair of dress up tennis shoes.
Speaker 2: Your other pair of dress up tennis shoes are the solid white Nike Interacts.
Speaker 1: Right, and then I have a navy blue pear and then my orange and blue pair that are my every my running shoes for now. Yeah, but I got them, and I'm super excited. I mean thirty percent off. I couldn't pass right and they were running out. Now if I tried to order, I think I got the last pair. Really, yeah, because I'm looking now. You can't get them in a size twelve.
Speaker 4: Oh you're so excited right now, you're so happy.
Speaker 3: I am. I am.
Speaker 1: The other thing that I got not real exciting, but something that I did think about for quite some time. This was embarrassing. You're really I'm id be attracted. You might find it very attractive. Oh, okay for my bedroom at home. Okay.
Speaker 3: I bought myself a trash can.
Speaker 2: So no longer the hanging plastic bags on the doorknob, yep, or the full sized garbage bag just sitting on the floor that you walk over and pick up and throw something in your big boy.
Speaker 4: Now, Sandy, I got myself.
Speaker 1: A proper waistcan and I use the little three D see it in your spot room option on Amazon trash can. I was curious to see the technology. It looks good.
Speaker 4: Where are you gonna put it?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put it just as you come in my door to the left.
Speaker 4: So it's the somebody sees when they were you won't.
Speaker 3: See it because it's down on the ground.
Speaker 1: You'll walk by it's it's just a little pitch from my desk in my bedroom over into the into the trash can.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: But then every time anybody walks in your room, because that would be me, you were the Andrew, the first thing they'll see is your trash can, and you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna walk right by it. You don't even know.
Speaker 4: It's that people can't see things when they look down.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're going to see it because it's right by the door. That's where it's going. Where would you put it?
Speaker 4: I would put it under your desk.
Speaker 3: There's no room. I got a computer under there.
Speaker 4: I behind your.
Speaker 1: Chair, limited space, Tricia, Oh Sandy, I want it so I can just pitch it in there.
Speaker 2: Well, all I know is that you better put trash bags liners in there, because that's what happened to your last trash can.
Speaker 4: And I got real gross.
Speaker 3: Yeah I will, I'll put them.
Speaker 1: And I excited and I ordered your anniversary present and you.
Speaker 2: Can't tell me what it is? It is it? Where I got this on sale too?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Is it a pair of interact Nike you okay, because that's actually might make me mad.
Speaker 1: No, it is not a pair of women's Nike Interact running shoes.
Speaker 3: Okay, but maybe I should get you a pair.
Speaker 1: I mean fine, okay, all right, you'll get it on the anniversary, and you're going to cry.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna cry. Well, are you?
Speaker 2: You're buying me an anniversary gift and it's gonna make me cry?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 4: Is it real? Sappy spy?
Speaker 3: You know I don't like that. No, it's not snap, it's not it's not that.
Speaker 4: It's not snappy.
Speaker 3: No, it's not what'd you say, smoopy?
Speaker 4: It's smoopy and sappy sappy. No, it's not that at all. All right, And.
Speaker 2: Still on the record, I don't have to buy you an anniversary pro I want you to think that if I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want to make you mad.
Speaker 3: All right, So you just have to wait.
Speaker 1: Our anniversary is on the nineteenth, twelve days away, all right, stay with us.
Speaker 4: What's your name, Tricia?
Speaker 1: I'm Sandy Moore, coming up on Austin s ADES station one oh three point one. April is such a great month that it starts with a joke. Who doesn't love that? Hey, it's Sandy and you know what else. I love my friend Scott and Stacy Feller and their team at Kingar Roof. They're great people who take care of all of my roofing needs and they've done it for years. Trust Me, you want good people when it comes to working on your roof, and Scott and Stacy they've earned their reputation for honesty, integrity, and quality craftsmanship.
Speaker 3: They're great people. They give back to.
Speaker 1: The community, even if they don't like me talking about it. Trust me, I like to brag on them. They don't like it when I do. Kangaroof has been serving Central Texas families for twenty five years. Their teams are incredibly professional and they always stand behind their work no matter what kind of crazy weather Central Texas throws our way. That's just part of the reason that Kangaroof has so many five star reviews from so many satisfied customers. So give Scott and Stacy a call. They'll hop to it. You'll see for yourself why Kangaroof is the best roofing company in town. Find them online at call kangaroof dot com. Hey, if you like your morning radio from people that actually live in Austin and aren't pretending to live here.
Speaker 3: Stick around.
Speaker 1: The JB and Sandy Hour starts at seven on Austin's eighty station one O three point one, Tristia. Let's welcome our newest members to the Air Gonger Club. Okay, all right, we'll start. These are people that one of their air Gonger number at the end of our CARO don't care. Song is a gong and every day we raise our hand and strike in imaginary gong in our studio.
Speaker 3: We recommend you do it too.
Speaker 1: And we told you that if you text us at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred, just give us your name and say gong, we will assign you an air Gonger number. Yep. So we have three new entries, by the way, Dave, we'll start with David. David texted and just said gong, David, and I said, hey, David, your air Gonger number twenty Welcome to the club and always gong responsible. Okay, So David is in there. And then we had not much of an interaction with Steph. Just said Steph gong, and I gave her number twenty one. Now the real exciting one came from our our listener to Logan. Yep, he says, Sandy and Trish, I tune in on one oh two point three the Coyote out of our show Illinois almost every day while I walk mail all over Mount Morris and the surrounding communities. I have become a dedicated gonger and am ready for my number.
Speaker 4: He's prepared himself for his number.
Speaker 1: So I said, welcome to the club, Logan, your official air gonger numbers twenty two. Wear it proudly and thank you for listening. Have a great weekend. He wrote back, thank you. My friend Tristia said gong on Logan, and then he sent a picture of us of him in very very cold weather, says, this is me while I am really cold and listening to your show, tuning in every single day, Thank you, Logan.
Speaker 3: He's got I don't know what those hats are called, but the ones.
Speaker 2: With the the Fargo hat yeah, flaps Elmer Fudd, Yes, the Elmer Fudd hat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it looks like he's got ice or something in his big handlebar mustache yeah.
Speaker 4: And is Yeah. He's cold when he's delivered the mail, for sure, but he's listening to us.
Speaker 1: Yep, thank you, Logan, and welcome to the air Gonger Club. If you want your number, text us seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Just tell us your name and say the word gong.
Speaker 6: Carrying. I'm not caring.
Speaker 1: That was Logan, David and Steph's first official hair do off.
Speaker 4: Uh huh sounded good, good, and strong. Everybody's on the same page.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Sandy, do you care or don't care to find out? What we might be actually dying this year? Instead of Easter eggs because of the price of eggs. Because of the price of eggs, what are we dying potatoes? We might have Easter potatoes this year, naturally, So people have been trying to make Easter potatoes be what you die for a while.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I feel like, if it's going to actually happen, this might be the year that it happened.
Speaker 1: I feel like the potato people are trying to squeeze in on the egg people's business, and egg people are like, whoa potato?
Speaker 2: Yeah, back up, potato people were fine, Sandy, do you care don't care?
Speaker 4: To find out?
Speaker 2: What a steady found says is the best way to relieve stress? You and I will be stressful people because you and I will not do this.
Speaker 4: I guarantee you that.
Speaker 2: I sure hope it's not the Nope, it's not the lurven Right said he found that dancing might be the best way to release stress.
Speaker 3: I'll be the most stressed guy in oorld.
Speaker 2: Especially dancing with other people, because it combines stress relievers such as music, rhythm, movement.
Speaker 4: Nope, I can't thank you. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I do not have sweet moves on my own. I'm not a freestyler. I am a two stepper. I am a couple's dancer. I'll just have to be stressed.
Speaker 1: I've noticed with my I cranked up my exercise routine a little bit less stress.
Speaker 2: Oh heck yeah, that's the best way to distress yourself. Yeah, all right, Sandy, you said you do this? Answer care or don't care? To find out who Margeritaville, the song that Jimmy Buffett made popular, was originally intended for.
Speaker 3: Can I Just Look Smart and tell you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was Elvis.
Speaker 2: Elvis Presley like my song, but I read that it was because he was kind of having some problems. It was kind of nearing the end, so Jimmy Buffett took Jimmy wrote it right. Oh he went to help Elvis out. Yeah, Elvis said.
Speaker 4: No thanks, no thanks.
Speaker 3: I'll just sing about the ghetto.
Speaker 4: Oh the get.
Speaker 3: Cartman's version. Version, That isn't it?
Speaker 1: That's it all right, that's care, don't care. Thanks for listening to the podcast edition of The Sandy Show. Find us every morning from six until ten on Austin's eighties station one O three point one, streaming on the iHeartRadio app, and ask your smart speaker to play one O three one Austin