Speaker 1: You hear us talk about ways to unlock VIP membership through your Apple account and the Apple Podcast app, and also through Patreon or Spotify. To unlock a full VIP membership with full access to archives and ad free website and customizable podcast feeds that are compatible with the Apple Podcast app and many iOS and Android apps, along with streaming ability right from our ad free mobile site, go to pwtorch dot com slash go VIP. That's pwtorch dot com slash go VIP That'll give you all the details on everything you're missing out on by not being a VIP member, the whole array of VIP exclusive podcasts like The Way Keller news bulletins, our post pay per view roundtables, The Fix that I host with Todd Martin, Everything with Rich and Wade, and an array of other shows with different hosts and different themes, along with unlocking our archives dating back nearly four decades nearly two thousand. Pro Wrestling Torch weekly newsletters over two decades, a podcast on demand dating back to the mid two thousand, starting with pay per view roundtables of fascinating retro radio shows, including many that I hosted in the nineteen nineties and an AD free website. Exclusive content on that website only for VIP members written and audio, and a lightning fast, smooth, AD free VIP mobile site for all of our content. Don't miss out on all the benefits. Treat yourself to a VIP membership pw torch dot com slash Go VIP, go all the way, Go VIP. Pw torch dot com slash Go VIP.
Speaker 2: Good morning everyone. It's Friday, July twenty fourth, twenty twenty six. I'm Joeldnell alongside my co host here, Greg Canner, and this is the All Elite Conversation Club podcast for pw torch dot com.
Speaker 3: We are back. I missed you. I missed you.
Speaker 2: I missed you too, Greg.
Speaker 3: As I was wading through the smoke of the fires to see you know, I couldn't even see fifty feet outside my door for a little bit, I thought of, Man, I wish I was just inside chatting with Joel about wrestling.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: We yeah, we all kind of suffered through the h being here in the Midwest, having that smoky hazy It's just kind of become like a routine thing every summer now that we get those Canadian wildfires that you know affects the boundary waters and you were you were up in northern Michigan too, so you got you felt a little bit more of that this past weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's a lot of you know, blame Canada. I can't I can't do any more of that because we don't have the rights to it. But yeah, no, just kidding. We love Canada. It's not your fault.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of Canada, AW.
Speaker 3: Will be aay how about that segue?
Speaker 2: Yes, AEW will be in Canada this upcoming Sunday in Montreal at the Bell Center for AW Redemption. I just wanted to make a quick note Greg, so you mentioned that we're back this week. Last week I did a solo show, and you know, I just thought that was the worst show I have ever done, first of all, because it was solo without you Greg.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 2: Secondly, I had a another sinus infection, so I apologize, but thank you for listening to it. I had to like pause the show every like few minutes to just like clear up my sinuses of stuff. So you know, check check that out. Of just kind of my my overall review of Brawl in the Ballpark. I thought it was a fun show, just a just a house show of stuff, but everybody worked hard on it. It was a fun setup. I think AW will definitely do it again for another MLB team. Tony Kahn was there very enthusiastic, a lot of people stuck around for it. And then I had just a brutal travel too, because that show started late after the MLB game kind of went a little bit longer, where nowadays MLB goes faster because of the pitch clock, but this one dragged on for a little bit and anti climactic finish where Twins almost won lost to the Angels in the bottom of the ninth, but then then AW took a little bit to get going, so it was like after ten o'clock that they actually started the show, and that show didn't like end until close to midnight, I want to say, And so I kind of started to head out there because I needed to drive to Hoffmann Estates the next morning because I went to the New Japan G one Climax Night one, which was a very fun show. You know, New Japan is what it is these days, where it's not you know, banger after banger after banger, but there was there was some good highlights of stuff, especially Takeshida versus Yodasuji.
Speaker 3: All right, well, I'm glad that you were able to share it with us. I'm sure the show is not as bad as you think to all of the listeners, But thank you for taking a break between needing to clear your sinuses, because I don't think that is good podcasting. Uh is you know, to have sinus clearing noise constantly during you know, a podcast? Yeah, I'm just you know, I mean my extensive experience of doing podcasts would tell me that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, you're a professional, so I'll heed the advice professional. What well, Greg, you mentioned that you you were one of the people who listened to Tony Kahn's media interview, and you told you told me off the air that there was actually some news that came out of it.
Speaker 3: I can't this was this one had more actual news than anyone I can remember, and far less of the whether it's whether it's planned, uh like questions or whatever. It is the questions that annoy me the most, which would be you know, whatever random people call up to to kind of tee up Tony to talk about something, you know, like I, you know, like I want to talk about, you know, Willow Nightingale, and she's been this and she It's almost like it's like some canned question that someone that they sent them that says, hey, I want to listen, I want to talk about Willow, so ask me about that. Yeah, I hate those. But news wise, there was news. So all right, where should I start? Well, the first one of the first questions were the about the news of Anna J, ty Mello, Sammy Gavara, about you know, leaving, what their status is and all that. So Tony was pretty forthcoming, saying that Anna Jay was re signed recently but is currently injured and has to get an MRI on something, so I don't think we'll see her anytime soon. But but she is resigned with the company.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Sammy Gavara status is unchanged despite him I believe taking AW off of one of his social media profiles or something like that. That he's Tony said, Guvar is still part of AW. He has gone you know and worked in other places r oh and and CMLL and that kind of thing, and said that yeah, he's still around. And then the most forthcoming was ty Mellow apparently asked for her release a few weeks ago. He was trying to explain that this was not something that was months and months ago, or he's not holding her hostage or anything like that, saying that she asked for her release a few weeks ago to step away from wrestling. That was his words, and he said he will grant that release. So that was his thing. Yeah. The one thing, you know that that's always a little again. You hear about it in sports and in ownership or coaches or some players where it's like they're they're mad that the media reports something because they didn't want it out there, or or media gets it a little bit wrong or whatever it is, and instead of just saying, here's what really happened or whatever, there's this kind of antagonistic approach of like, you know, you know, I'm not going to let you guys do this, or you guys spread this, or you know, you guys are wrong and it's wrong. Just clear it up, man, like that's all you know. And and for the most part here he did. But I just always find a little bit of that just frustrating against me, maybe as a you know, person in the media who you know is just taking something somebody said and saying okay, or report, Hey, you know, we asked a question. You can give your side or here's what you know. You say the deal is, and like, okay, cool, no problem, you know it's it's it seems very simple to me. But but Tony, to his credit, when I for years I've said, you know, he needs media training and all that, and while I still think there are aspects of the way he speaks to media that could be improved, I think there has been improvement from you know, years ago, but hopefully you know, there's a little bit more. But anyway, so we got that, then we have someone asked about Swerve Strickland and where he's been, and basically Tony giving away something, you know, if you read between the lines, basically saying, yep, Swerve. He was just with Swerve at a comic con and ask me again after redemption. So you know, hearing ask me again after redemption a couple of times, you kind of would think that there's maybe a high chance that Swerve does return. And he said, you know, you'll be seeing more from Hangman imminently. He did reiterate when Hangman was on Collision a few weeks ago and said that Hangman said that he will live up to his word not to challenge for the AW Championship again. So they're definitely hammering down on the fact that it is Hangman's word that is keeping the stipulation on and not necessarily some signed contract with the company. So it's giving that little, you know, loophole at some point in the future, which if they're going to use it, obviously we hope they use it, you know, I at least hope they use it years down the line and not something that they you know, do a few months from now that would be a bummer. And then the other thing would be he would not admit that he had to change the Redemption main event that has all been speculated. It was supposed to be the MJF Kenny match where Kenny won the title due to an MGF injury or something along those lines. He did say that MJF has been battling injuries recently, but would not admit, you know that the original plan was for MJF Kenny at this redemption. He just said, you know, we it was great for TV and they are looking forward to a great show, you know, this Sunday. So that was basically the gist of it, but you know it was Actually I'm glad I listened to it this time. It was chock full of stuff.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to it. Greg. Did he say anything about WWE's counterprogramming for All Out? So All Out's going to be at the Now Arena on August or September twenty sixth, and then shortly thereafter, WWE announced that they would be running a triple A World's Collide show at the All State Arena. So between those two arenas, I mean, it's probably like twenty thirty minutes away from one another. I don't know what times if they're going to be running at the same time with one another. You know, we've seen that Tony Ken move the show to be at a different time. But was there any sort of comment about that.
Speaker 3: I did not hear any comments during this call, but earlier in the week, I know he did address it somewhere. And I'm trying real quick to find the quotes. I don't want to misquote him, but the gist of it was.
Speaker 5: Let me see, here's.
Speaker 3: Oh the other thing real quick, I'll get back to your w W question. But he did say he wanted to experiment with an earlier pay per view start time. So that's why they're starting an hour earlier. You know, who knows. But it's better I think for especially Sunday nights obviously, for people who have to work early and the and the length of their shows. Yeah, okay, yeah, So it looks like it was the Battleground podcast where he quoted and here is the quote about head on shows. Uh, it's really it's the reality of current wrestling. It's the friendly, predatory nature of scheduling of events, but also the compliment that says that AW is doing very well. Chicago is a great city for wrestling. I'm very excited about AW all out and it's not something unexpected to have competition and I do welcome it. Okay, so and so and that was so that was earlier in the week. So I mean, I love that quote. I mean I give him, you know, credit. It's like, you're not gonna you know, I think I think, you know, twenty twenty one, Tony Kahn probably reacts differently, you know, or tries to do something on AW programming to like, you know, take a shot at WWE or something like that. I think, you know, to my delight, he has learned you know, to worry about AW and not worry about WWE. When he's asked, that's a great way to answer it and just say, you know, hey, they're gonna do what they're gonna do, and we have to put on good shows and we're happy with our shows, and you know, you know, bring on the competition. That's fine. I'm sure he's not happy, you know, behind the scenes, as anyone would you know, wouldn't be it just you know, it's like again why you know, it's just it's it's cheap and petty. I think for WW to try to you know, to have that, it's like, just let the two exist. WW is doing perfectly fine as far as you know, making money. You know, people who watch it regularly can you know, comment on whether their shows are good or you know whatever. But you know they're successful. There's no reason they I would think they would need to try to stamp out the competition and go back to what we had, you know, prior, where it was just them or nothing. That's you know, I don't think anyone wants that.
Speaker 1: It's next level coverage that you come to expect from the PW Torch brand. No AI, no rookie perspectives, no unfounded rumors, no clickbait, no deceptive headlines, just just high quality writing, breaking news, and fascinating flashbacks every day at pw torch dot com. Pull yourself away from the evacuous social media experience that I know many of you regret once you get lost in it for minutes, if not hours at a time, and settle in for high quality PW torch branded wrestling coverage.
Speaker 2: Well, I think this is the second time that they've had that they've had competition in the same market at the same time. But I want to say the first time was it might have been in Florida where maybe WWE is running a house show at the same time that aw was running maybe a pay per view. I want to say, maybe it was World's End or something like that, and then and then they WWE had a house show. So this is the first time that WWE's had like a major show going up against a pay per view. Now it's not one of WWE's like flagship pay per views. I mean, it's like one of their Space you know, it's Triple A, and so it's something unique. I mean, I'm obviously this is going to be fascinating for us to follow. What does WW draw compared to AW because they've not put their tickets on sale yet, so AW already has the advantage of people committing and buying their tickets to that show versus a WWE, which is going to be something different. It's not going to be your traditional WW show.
Speaker 3: It's there forbidden door type of thing, right, is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Like? I guess so, yeah, because it's it's the World's Collide show, So they're going to have some WWE. They're going to have some Triple A on that show as well, and obviously the biggest card that WW can Paul is putting CM Punk on that show in Chicago, and so I don't know. I mean, that's going to be a really fascinating thing to follow to see. Do they run at the same time? What is the ticket sales for both shows comparatively forcing fans to choose which one they're going to go to. I mean, I think if you're an AW fan, the choice is obvious of which one you're going to go to. But I think if you're AW curious, you know, it might be a little bit more of a well, which one do I go to? Because again this is not a tradition WW show. This is something that's a little bit more different, like you said, closer to like a forbidden door, something that's more intrigue than you know, like a summer Slam or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt. I'm very curious as well. But to me, I'm looking at it as if you're WWE. Why if the one thing that AW consistently hits out of the park is their pay per views. I think that's I think it's not just Hey, you know, I'm a fan of AW and not WWE, So I'm gonna say that. I think it's well known around the business. What no matter what type of fan you are, that AW puts on exceptional pay per views, So that's they're going to attack that, it seems to me. In Chicago, which is a huge AW town as well, Yeah, if you put sampunk on a card, you're going to cut into a little bit of it. But I think for the most part, they're makes no sense for me. I think it hurt It might hurt WWE more two to go up to go up against a w on a pay per view night in Chicago. I mean, weren't they weren't WW just in Chicago and cmpunk won the title. How much better is it going to get for this for the CM punk heads there than what just happened there. So I don't know. I mean, you know, maybe i'm maybe I'm you know, my vision is clouded or whatever. I don't know, but it just seems to me that if I was WW and I wanted to, you know, mess with a W, I would pick something else, you know, or or you know, maybe this weekend, you know, this pay per view, which is you know, not the best you know, set up or or built up pay per view, you know, But I still think it's going to be an entertaining night on Sunday, you know, because I have no reason not to believe that this Sunday is going to be good. So I don't know, I will see, but it'd be a interesting to see how that goes and ticket sales and everything.
Speaker 2: Well, let's transition into talking about redemption. This Sunday in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Wrestletics has the latest update here where they have six three hundred and fifty seven tickets have been distributed, which is up four hundred and fifty eight since the last two days. So it looks like the last time that they ran Let's see never Mind. So that's where they're at for right now, which I think is decent, but obviously nowhere close to some of their bigger shows that they've had this year of Double or Nothing, which was a huge, huge success for a show. But let's talk about the card for Redemption and the way that's been built up. You mentioned before that this was kind of a late ad pay per view. This is the first time that they're having a Redemption show, which there's been a lot of talk about the name and what does the name Redemption mean. Certainly it seems that the original plan was for Kenny Omega to win the aw World Championship against MJF on the show, which was obviously moved up to the beach break, so giving Kenny Omega some more time to have that championship and then build a little bit more with will Ospray, which is really what we've seen over these last few weeks and what we saw on Dynamite that there's far more of a focus of building their bigger show all in than there is for this Redemption show. So it feels a little bit like it's there's good stuff and it's going to be a very good pay per view in the ring, but it does not feel this is kind of the definition of an aew B show pay per view.
Speaker 3: Yeah, clearly, clearly, and you know, and it's not all their fault. I know they had their their plan. If you had told me it was going to be like a lot of the same type of matches, but MJF and Kenny Omega for the title, with the stipulations and everything, that would probably sell it, especially in Canada, you know, so I think you probably would have one to two thousand more people, you know, buying tickets and you'll have you know, this would be one where I would assume the buys are going to be on the lower side of what they normally do. But if you like aw and you know you're going to get an exciting, you know show, despite the fact that it's kind of been rushed and thrown together, then you're still going to buy it. You know, you're still going to get it. So it I'm torn between because you know, moving when I'm looking at this and I'm thinking, Okay, they did not need a pay per view here in this spot. They could have done just quality television and all that, but I understand there was this opportunity here and you just didn't get the match you wanted for whatever reason, the speculation being MJF, you know, having an injury and needing more time probably to either have some minor surgery done or some sort of rehab in order to be ready for all In, because that's most important to them, for MGF to have a role on All In. And that makes perfect sense to me. But the you know, in the meantime we get the show that, you know, we'll get some criticism on how it was built. But outside, I'm trying to put that aside, understanding that is what they had to do and try to look at it, you know, and say, okay, let's see what let's see what they hate big, let's see what they do for us on Sunday. And I'm you know, on paper, you look at the matches, they're good matches, they just haven't been kind of built up as enough. And I will a little teaser there are I believe two or three matches that I fear will go one way that will be very disappointing to me.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean very noticeably, Like just no, I'll look at the card there's no Taqushita, no MJF, no hang in Page, no swear strick Land. So there's some big names missing off of the show. And just as like an overview look at it is that there's a lot of matches on here that are going to be very good and a lot of things that could be a main event un Dynamite, but nothing on this show really stands out as wow, huge pay per view match, with the exception of the Young Bucks versus Moxley and Will Ospray, that's really the only match on here where I'm like, yeah, that's that's really pay per view worthy. Otherwise everything else is more kind of yeah, you could you could see it on Collision, you could probably see it on Dynamite, and it could be in the main event slot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that match that you brought up is like that, I think, because that's been a long term story that's been going on when you have Ospray and Moxley and then you have the you know, the Bucks kind of getting involved with their pal, you know, Kenny Omega being now involved in that storyline. But just lots and there's just lots and lots of subtle, long term storytelling with with that whole thing that makes it more compelling then throwing together you know, no offense to you know, the the Bang Bang Gang and the Dogs with a double chain match or something. You know, it's like, okay, you know, that's kind of that could certainly have been a collision main event or a Dynamite you know, second hour you know, like top of the second Hour type match if they build it, you know, correctly. So you're just gonna have to but to deal with that. But it's also I'll watch a double chain match, like you know, it's like I'm not It's not like, oh no, I don't want to watch it. It's just it's just, you know, worth the mercy of them having to go with probably Plan b's and Plan c's for this card.
Speaker 2: Well, let's let's start on that double chain match because that's actually the top of my list. So we'll go each match down here, and we'll start with the double chain tag match of Bang Bang Gang, J White and Juce Robinson versus the Dogs, Clark Connor and David Finley this past Wednesday, and Dynamite we saw Jay White versus Clark Connor's there we've had the return of Jay White we've you and I have been wanting him to see him back here and him then he's has slid right back into the role with the Bang Banggang. I think it's been okay. You know, I didn't expect them to put Jay White immediately into the main event scene, but I mean it's just kind of you know, it's it's all right what they've done. I mean, it's going off of a new Japan storyline, So you have to have some of that context of knowing how Jay White was kicked out of the Bullet Club and how those that kind of war dogs version of Bullet Club took over, which was Clark Connor's David Finley, also Gabe Kid being a part of that. So Double Chain gives it a little bit more of something in there. I mean I expect it to be be a good match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, no doubt. And you know in this they are following the form with Jay White. I believe that they just always tend to do with wrestlers who come back from long term absences and long term injuries, is that they're not going to throw them right back in because if they get reinjured, you have to rewrite everything. You have to you know, uh, change the plans, and you kind of have to just I think test them in tag matches, in you know, infrequent matches right off the bat, in order to make sure they're good to go, they get back in ring shape, all that stuff. And so I would assume that this is just, hey, let's do this feud. Let's have a good blowoff with you know, some violence, and then you know, eventually, you know, later in the summer, fall or whatever, J White can maybe start to break away or do some more you know singles and get himself, you know, into something a little you know, worthy of his talent as far as you know, more higher up in the card. And so that's why I kind of see this one. But yeah, I assume the Bang Bang Gang will win this and we will move on from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't need to see J White like turn on the Bang Bang Gang or have them turn on him, but I want to see him become more of the alpha, and those guys are just more of the surrounding supporting pieces moving forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I think that that's it's important for him to start to kind of separate himself and not just be you know, a leader of a faction. I mean again, this is you know, you look at AW now, this is what they They are a company with groups of groups, you know, factions. That's you know, that's that's what leads all this. And when you have a large roster, it allows you to you know, do a lot of these multi person matches and still tell you know, as the good stories. So yeah, but Jay Whites can separate himself for sure, So we'll see if they do that.
Speaker 2: Next up is the A e W International Title Number one Contendership six way ladder match. So you know this one's going to be crazy. We get returning Beast Mortos the returning Commander, so they have resolved their visa issues. Commander actually made his return at that brawl in the ballpark and you could tell he was so excited to be back in front of an A e W audience and just performing and just getting back to what he was doing. Also, l Clone is going to be in this, Mike Bailey, Jack Perry and Nick Wayne.
Speaker 3: Look at you spoiling the matches from collision man? Oh yeah, well did you two of those two of those entrants had to fight in uh?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, when you look at who they wrestle.
Speaker 3: I think you I I think it was was clear you could have gone either way with with.
Speaker 2: Some ar Fox in this match.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah's right, A R. Fox is wonderful.
Speaker 5: Mate.
Speaker 3: What was who was the other one?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: Leo's right, they like Leo Rush. He's certainly who could have beaten l Clone. You know, No, I'm just kidding. I'm just messing with you. Yeah, we we assume that would be the case. Yeah, this, you know, I like that they do this that It's like, okay, let's you know this, this card is what the card is. Let's put a ladder match in there. It'll be fun. We have, you know, great performers. They're gonna earn a shot at one of the gazillion titles. Okay, but it should be entertaining. And I think that's what they're trying to, you know, provide for us for this one. And you know, I'm down with it. It's it's that in the chain match seemed to be the violent ones, right mm hmm, and the and and the Jericho one, which is yeah, we'll get to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this should be fun. I could I could really see any of these competitors winning, like honestly, anyone. I could see them even just wanting to propel Nick Wayne, depending on what they do with Fletcher and Bondio, I mean, Jack Perry resigning, Mike Bailey. I mean, there's there's a lot of options there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, poor Mike Bailey has taken a lot of losses. Maybe I'd like to see him, especially since you know what that actually makes sense because wait, it's for the international right, So that's Kyle Fletcher, so his hatred of the of the Callus family, that would make sense to give Speedball something. But we'll see.
Speaker 6: Need an extra dose of positivity in your wrestling podcasts, will come join me Alan fourrel Over in the Progress Paradise at Peterwood Torch vip as we mask on the bright side of wrestling and focus on some of the great matches and shows from around the world, be it US, Japan, Europe or Mexico.
Speaker 2: There's always a.
Speaker 6: Place for wrestlings past and the paradise too, and we've done fun historical shows such as the We Love Liger series celebrating the glorious career of Jusian thunder Lighter, and I was there when shows where our guests will join me to talk about it. Classic bout that they were in attendance for. We love variety and you can expect lots of it at the Progress Paradise. Detailed pterwof Torch VIP subscription information on a list of all the VIP benefits is available at pterbrew Torch vip info dot com. And yes, all VIP podcasts are compatible with popular podcast apps on iPhone and Android devices, or you can stream them directly from her ad free VIP mobile site. See you in the Paradise.
Speaker 2: A e w TBS title match. We have Haikarashida versus Maya World.
Speaker 3: Clearly too early to take the belt off Sheida. I believe I think, uh, you know, giving Maya World some big matches is smart. I think you know her uh you know, doing well in that in the O in and then kind of you know, getting out there more. There's still something you know that they need to do for her. Again, some of these some of these wrestlers that they're starting to give pushes to, I think could really use an interview SEC like a set interview, you know, pre taped with Renee or something like that to let you get to know these people. It's not like I want to have Maya World sit down and cry about you know, her her unfortunate, tragic, you know, family situation. But but it can be mentioned to use to have to get people to start to believe more with from her, to get behind her more and see more of her personality, you know, because I assume they still had her messing around with Athena. So I think they might have like the she might be the one to beat Athena for the ROH Women's title finally, and she can do some stuff there and continue to kind of build there. I think there's there's promise there with her. I just think they need to help her out a little bit more, to help her that the fans connect more with her. So I assume she is going to win this one, but Maya will put up a good fight.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: To your point, they're putting my world in this too. They need to build stars in their women's division. I mean that is you know, one of their biggest deficiencies is just not having stars there. I'll mention that there is speculation that that Bailey is not gonna resign with w w E and there has been conversations and uh a w is rumored to be very interested in Bailey if she is to become available.
Speaker 3: So as they should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as as they should. And I you know, it's it is another w W person coming in. But I think given the situation, absolutely they could use Bailey as a as a big star to help elevate.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean it's not just as simple as you know, they shouldn't bring WW a former WWE people in. They they certainly should if it works for them. I wouldn't do it just to kind of we're gonna stick it to WWE or we're gonna, you know, the most it gets compared mostly to the old TNA you know way of that that that's what you know they did, and just have them come up and say, w W didn't give me a chance, but I'm gonna prove it here type of type of thing that I don't. I think you can pick and choose now, and you know, so I would. I would pick the New Day, I would pick Bailey, you know, I would look at some of the other women that ww has left. Go. I don't know about Seamus. I don't know. I'm torn because he he just he's such a long standing WWE like guy and he has that WW you know, look and the way he wrestles. I just don't I think it would be you know, it would be I don't know, I don't just don't think. I just I don't think it would work. Almost like the Hurt Syndicate, which is now who you know, who knows, what's what's the deal with them? It's almost like they came in, they did some interesting stuff, there were some possibilities. I don't know what really happened behind the scenes and why they kind of you know, the push kind of went away. But they seem to come in, you know, they wrestle a certain way they I don't know. It just reminds me too much of of of WW. I think Shamus would be like that. I would probably pass on Seamus if I was them. But but like you know, New Day has has has the personality, but they can do a lot of the aw style. You know, Bailey, anybody the women to help this women's division I think would be great because I just I still think the women's division is stuck and and you know the characters are and so if you can bring some fresh in there, I think that would be great. You know, you can set up these matches that you'd want to see. I want to see Bailey against Tony Storm now, like I want to see like if that comes in obviously the Mercedes connection will there'll be something there, you know, that kind of thing that would be fantastic, even like a was it Kyrie saying is is also available? I believe, like you know, I think she could add something just yeah, just it needs a little something unique, something like Tecla, even though I I have that's one of my fears that we might see the end of Tekla's right. Anyway, we'll get to that.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about the tag team match between the Young Bucks uh and the Death Riders, John Moxley and Will Osprey. We saw a really kind of cool, unique, like all star like tag team in the main event here of Dynamite, where they had Kenny Omega, John Moxley, and Will Osprey tagging together, and then that kind of bled into this because of the alignment with the with Keny Omega and the Young Bucks and then the the Moxley and Osbury attacking them and then I just kind of led to a brawl. I mean, this is like the biggest unique match that I can see just running down this show. You know. I I I think that there's a chance that you just have the young Bucks win this one to try and give them some momentum here show show a little bit of you know, dissension between Moxley Osprey. But I think that there's a lot of different ways that you can go with booking this. I think either way, despite the finish of it, it's gonna be a lot of really great action. I can't see it any other way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think you're gonna have great action, but you're also gonna have the the dynamic between Ospray and Moxley that we've seen, which has been very very interesting. You know, a lot of things were pointed out on the post show Waite's post show from the other night of some subtle things they they mentioned, like Osprey opening the ropes for Moxley as they came into the ring, like little things that they're doing, Osprey getting that edge a little bit that's not necessarily healish, but just aggressive just in that in that way. And I really love what they're doing with this story there. It's it's really compelling to me. It's almost like you know, Osprey has it's not really you know, the devil on his shoulder with Moxley. But there's something there where Moxley's kind of you know, whispering, you know, the sweet nothings and and and it's and it's affecting, you know, the way that Osprey wrestles. He's and it's too to the better, you know, it's to the betterment of the way he wrestles. It's going to be what probably gives him the edge to beat Omegan become champion, and then we see what happens after that. You know, I don't know if it's going to be a someone turning on someone or someone just you know changing there there was discussion about uh Osprey turning heel after all in possibly and just kind of going that way, or or just getting more of that edge and and maybe becoming more and more you know, unlikable. I don't know it. But whatever it is, they've done such a good job over months to to do this, to set this up. Going all the way back to Omega sitting with Ospray after was it double or nothing whatever like that, the whether they were back in the back chatting, you know, before we even thought Omega was going to win the title. All of that stuff. It just it's been very good. So so, as I said earlier in the show, this is the one match that's had such a good build up, then I think it's gonna be a great match, very entertaining. I think that Ospray Moxley have to win this one to continue, because I don't think you're Hite quite ready for any sort of dissension between the two of them yet. I think that if that's gonna happen, it's gonna happen after all.
Speaker 2: In yeah, I mean you bring up the point so that this is not just a traditional Osprey baby face leading up to get his huge win at Wembley, that there's this dark side to him with the death Riders that he's you know, he's wearing darker colors. He's not as bright and vibrant as he once was. He just and especially with him adding some more tattoos and stuff, he just seems more of like a bad ass versus like, you know, the the babyface. I do a lot of athletics stuff and I kind of flip around. I have these amazing matches and stuff. That's not to say anything negative about Ospra. I mean, he's he's fantastic in all of the roles and performances that he's done. But there is definitely some more intrigue here than just a straight up match that there is a lot more storytelling that's going to have to lead into All In and what's gonna happen afterwards. So yeah, I think that that, you know, you want to keep Osprey looking strong and especially that relationship that he has with John Moxley, because I think that the young Bucks are going to quickly pivot into into something whatever is next for them, which if the New Day is available for that All in show, which I believe that they are, I mean that seems to be pretty logical to either have them facing them or doing something with with Cage and Copeland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think I think that all of that stuff's on the table and that's going to be very exciting. Yeah, And the one thing I last thing I'll say about Osprey for now is that you know, if you're watching him, you know he now has like a hybrid style. You know, he's not doing as many you know, flippy type moves and spots that are that are wowing you. There's still a few, ever, when he wrestles, and I'm sure, if he's in a main event and it's a singles match, he'll pull out some more. But he's also got that physical you know style, which which is death rider style. He's winning differently and so I and it's also you know, doing a little less of the flippy you know. Chance taking is better on his body, you know as well, he is coming off of neck surgery. So I think that's a great way to protect him a little bit from himself, you know, by changing his character and not saying you don't have to, you know, go for that five star match every single time you're out there and take chance is you know, he apparently does not have the rubber body that Darby Allen has, who can just you know, go crazy every single time and somehow be okay, uh for the next week. But you know, and so I think it's all been well thought out. So I'm excited for for what's to come on that story and for the Bucks. Yeah, there's lots of options for the Bucks. And the Bucks you know, they can take losses, you know, and even if it's and if it's a little nefarious, if there's a little cheap shot of some sort of little death ridery you know, finished, you can protect the Bucks slightly as well, and and probably would anger Omega more and start more of a you know, more antagonistic uh, you know, build up to their match instead of kind of the more friendly that the last two weeks have been.
Speaker 2: So let's go into the aw World tag team match. We mentioned, Caje and Copeland are going to be facing the death Riders. Claudio and pc You know, I give no chance to the death Riders. This is just a way to continue on with Cage and Cope before they get to you know what seems like these other more dream match stuff because they did the stuff with the Wardogs, now they're doing this with the death Riders. Well, the matches everybody wants to see is against the Young Bucks or New Day or some other you know, more more intriguing matchups. So they're in Canada, so they will be big baby faces on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's as simple as what you said. They they want them on the show. They want them to defend the titles. They found a couple of guys that would give them a good match, and you know they'll they'll win in front of their home country and move on.
Speaker 5: Mhm.
Speaker 2: No, holds bar match Jericho versus Tomaso Champa. So is this the third match in the series.
Speaker 3: Now I've lost count. I don't know, man, I just this painmaker thing is just it's causing to me pain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's so he's bringing the New Japan gimmick of the painmaker. Has he done it in a W He probably has, right.
Speaker 3: I believe he did at one point earlier on. I believe, Okay, was it with MJF or something, or it might have been something because I.
Speaker 2: Know he was doing it in New Japan, and I can remember against like Tanahashi. I want to say, like Nito, he was doing as well.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: So he's so he it's it's something different where it's it's almost like Jericho's version of the demon, like Finn Balor's Demon, where it's like, all right, now it's game on. I'm putting the face paint on. You're not gonna like this side of me. You're not gonna like me when I'm angry, you know. So Tamasa Champa can also use the drill, right, no holds barred, So he drilled Jericho's head.
Speaker 3: I know this, Just I don't know, man, the I mean to me. The the shame is that I just see Jericho winning and I and it's just to the point Champa came in with such you know, a force and winning a title on his first match and seeming you know, and he has a good look, and he has a good ad and he speaks well, and it's and he's got a great entrance and a great song, and it's like and I just I don't like that he's now stuck doing these you know, these these programs and with Jericho again, Jericho is so kind of over the top Jeri koe, which has obviously worked wonderful for him for an entirely you know, huge and successful career, but it doesn't work for me to like turn switch now I'm a mean guy. It's almost like, no, you're just playing a part, You're just painting your face. I don't I can't buy into it. As all of a sudden, he's now going to be this you know, intense, you know, hardcore guy. So they'll beat the hell out of each other. I really hope there's going to be no weapon that could literally kill somebody, but they tend to do that too much. And and I'm gonna assume Jericho is gonna find a way to win, which is a bummer to me. I think Champas should win, and Champas should be the guy that kind of launches himself into more meaningful, you know, stories than this, but I obviously think that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's more mileage to get out of to Maso Champa at this point than Jericho, but they're finding ways and opponents for him to go up against because he started with Ricochet and he's got Tomaso Champa. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like there is gonna be a point here if we keep on this trajectory with Jericho, and like, if he wins this match, I think we could get to the point where people turn on Jericho again and you know, maybe maybe he turns heel or something like that. It just it feels like he did a good job with taking these losses and getting beat up to get to the point where he wanted to be more reintegrated with things. But I don't know if this path is sustainable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite Weight color podcasts and pw torch Daily casts on Spotify. Just go to patreon dot com search pw Torch and subscribe to a VIP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the way to kick the tires a bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like the Waykeller post shows, the Weightkeller Podcast, Flagship, our Flashbacks, and also the pw torch daily cast lineup. Again all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience, but with third tier membership you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including Everything with Rich and Wade, to Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, the Wadkeller News bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other VIP exclusive podcasts with different hosts and different themes. Check out the lineup. Go to Patreon and search pw torch and so subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem. Either way works. Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial.
Speaker 2: A w national title so if you if you forgot there is a national title and.
Speaker 3: That I forget.
Speaker 2: It's the belt. It was supposed to be defended in other in other other promotions, and I want to know it hasn't been hasn't been defended in other promotions than a W and I can at least see from Mark Davis's that no, I mean it's ring of honor okay there, Okay, there is some rev pro so it has been. It has been defended there and cmll so it was.
Speaker 3: It was look at you. You you owe Tony Connan apology for you assuming that he that he leftist okay, come back?
Speaker 2: So well, you know national title Mark Davis versus Andrade, Well, I wanted to ask about Andrade because you know, he came back, and it was kind of like, all right, here's a fresh start for Andrade. Guy's got charisma, he's a good wrestler, and I felt like he was getting a lot more momentum, but the storyline was he was constantly being sidelined by the Don Coals family, not getting his world title shot, and now it just feels like he's even further and further away from getting his world title shot unless they, you know, find some way to get him into that picture in a couple of weeks, I mean two weeks from now to be at Grand Slam Mexico. I mean, like, where are you at with him? Because I feel like they had something going and it's really slowed down being that he's in the national title picture.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's funny how that, like your thoughts of him can change in probably two weeks or so, because that's when this really happened. So like two weeks ago, I think he was still you know, he was still coming off of that. I'm done with the Don Collis family, you know, F Callous, F MJF shirt, all that stuff. People were behind him. My thought is they they needed They're not ready to put him in that spot right now, so they need to have him exact as revenge on the Callous family and take out a couple of their guys. I think there's a legitimately high chance he wins that and wins that national title. Yeah, and and and you know, starts whatever assent you know he's going to have. And I think there will be a title you know, match in his near future. But that, you know, when you bring up kind of losing a little momentum, that's kind of one of the major issues. That AW has because of the size of their roster, that you can't get to everybody every single week in meaningful segments. So there's a lot of times where you know you won't hear from someone for a week or so, you know, and the fact that I know he was close to home and I know we'll probably hear from him again soon. But Hangman comes back on a collision and then you didn't hear from him for two weeks, now, you know, and you're kind of like, what happened with Hangman? And you're getting that's why Tony Khin's getting that question during his call and everything like that. And I'm sure they have plans for him, but if you're trying to shoehorn him and Swerve and all these other people in every single week, you're not gonna have time for anything. You're certainly not gonna have time for your competitive ten minute matches that he likes to have, you know often, So you know, so you're you're at the mercy of that being an issue. And so I think that might of what might have been what happened with Andrade. But I think he's still popular enough where he beats Mark Davis, he wins this and then you know, he'll get a shot and the grant say in Mexico. I think it'll be, you know, a big night for him in some way because I think that you know, the crowds will be with him now and all that, so we'll see.
Speaker 2: So then moving on to the aw International title, we have Bondido taking on Kyle Fletcher to try and win that championship. I mean, Bondido we mentioned Grand Slam Mexico coming up factor in that he's probably going to be another big piece of that show. But I think that Fletcher versus Bondido just on paper here, with the athleticism that the both of these guys bring, this could be the match of the match of the show, you know. I mean the Young Bucks versus Death Briers definitely has a different element. There's a lot more of kind of that that story long term storyline stuff. But as far as just like in ring wrestling, Kyle Fletcher versus Bondido is just as good as anything else on this show.
Speaker 3: It is, but I wouldn't have gone there for this one personally, think I think on paper and the match itself is going to be fun to watch and in the end Bendido's gonna come up short again on a pay per view against the champion, as he done four or five other times in recent memory, and I think you're defining him down by doing that. I think you could have easily put Brody King in this spot and to have a good like hard hitting match with Fletcher and have Fletcher barely beat him and Brody could take one loss and saving Bendido a little bit from this repetitive I'm gonna put on a fantastic match and lose in a pay per view when it really matters. And so now he's the guy who does that, and he's not the guy you know, you can really get behind. And I think he's come such a long way. He has proven he has stayed healthy for over a year plus, which has been it was the knock in the early times, when he would come in, he'd come in, he'd get hurt. He come in, he get hurt. He's been healthy, he's been fantastic, and so I think he should be treated a little better than this unless there's gonna be some you know, amazing upset, you know victory, But I don't see that with Kyle Fletcher at this time. So I think you're just seeing that same formula, and I prefer, you know, it be someone other than Bendida who you know, because they got plenty of guys who can give a great match and lose.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean you mentioned the point that it could have been brody King, and on Dynamite they had Fletcher and Alkata versus Bondido and brody King. So it's I was mentioning like the lack of star power on the show, which is giving an opportunity to a lot of other wrestlers that don't typically have matches on pay per view. But again, I mean just a few more names in addition to what I said before. Is Darby Allen's not on this show, Kazucco Okada's not on the show, brody King's not on it, you know. So I mean, if you're looking for the biggest aw stars, I can't remember a pay per view that is lacking of that type of star power more than more than this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And and the fact that Bandido beat Kyle Fletcher twice technically on Dynamite because of the missed breakup pin that that was that was really you know, showing that he's I don't know, I don't know where you guys needed to bring up the mistake there, but yeah, I mean to your point, there's so many big names not on this pay per view, and I think that's because they had to rush it and they have these things in mind, and it's almost like it's not an afterthought of a pay per view. And like I said, I believe it's going to be an entertaining night of wrestling, but it's just it does not have that hook of oh my god. And I think they're saving all of their really really big matches for obviously the big show at Wembley.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so next one we have aw Women's World title, much Tech Love versus Willow Nightingale. So on Dynamite they had McK foley was the interviewer on that. So I guess there's a few pieces to kind of pick apart here, which is the promo back and forth, the utilization of mc foley, and just as a footnote that Tony Kin says we should expect to see more Mick on a regular basis. Yeah, this, well you start, you start, what'd you think of this.
Speaker 3: Good use of Mick? I think, you know, this is the kind of thing where he's not you know, dominating something or they're trying to put him into angles constantly. He can just be you know, this a respected you know legend that that can help put over you know, other wrestlers and they don't you know. And and even though he got uh, you know, Tekla insulted him slightly, it wasn't like I'm going to you know, I don't know, beat you down or whatever. Like it's not it's none of that kind of cliched stuff with the legends. It was just he did an interview. So I think use his use like that is fine. Throwing him on commentary once in a while is great. That kind of role, I think is is good for him. The segment was up and down, you know, the the just the Willow act is just it's just tiresome for me.
Speaker 4: It just it.
Speaker 3: It's I know what she's trying to do and what she's trying to go for, but I it comes across sometimes a little more condescending than it comes across as like you know, uh, I you know, smile anyway type of type of you know, babyface type stuff. So it just and I think I've seen enough of her in this role where you finally have found somebody in Tecla who's unique and is and is very good in the ring and still a work in progress on the mic. But considering, you know, like her cadence and everything else is sometimes a little off, but I think that allows her to stand out more. And I think you know, you get chuckles from time to time. I know you hated her on commentary a couple of weeks ago, but I I liked, you know, I liked her. I like her with the the dumb bitches you know line and things like that and her and I think she gets her points across for you know, being having the personality she has, so I would want to keep her in that role rather than have her lose this title, which I expect her to lose. I expect Willow to win and set up a Willow against Mercedes all in match, but I just I don't want that, you know, now, I understand I don't want to heal heal match it all in either, you know. But I think maybe at Wembley, Tecla gets you know, might get more crowd support than you would expect. Maybe not, I don't know, It depends on kind of how how their back and forth would be. I don't think we're gonna even get to that point because I think Willow's gonna win. But I just that's more intriguing to me. That's more I want to see Mercedes. I've seen Mercedes and Willow. It's fine. I don't think you're gonna get you know, you're still going to have a split crowd, I think with Mercedes and Willow in London. So I just I don't know. I'm expecting to be very disappointed if Techla's reign comes to it, And I would love it if Techlo wins somehow and sets up just a unique match it all in. That would that I would look forward to in ring and in the promos leading up to it.
Speaker 2: M hmm, yeah. I think that there's a possibility, you know, of them do of them doing a three way. I don't think that that's like always the way that they want to build up their biggest matches on the biggest shows. But I'd made the case on a previous show that's like Techlo has done a good job as champion, Awkward promos at times, but you know, good wrestler, you could do something a little bit more unique and different. But I think that the original plan was to do Willow and Mercedes before Willow got injured and couldn't be in the Owen Hart tournament.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Also, notably, Mercedes isn't on this show, so you know, more lack of star power.
Speaker 3: But I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think that Willow is likely to win this and then just move on to a match between her and Mercedes eighties. But that just kind of leaves where to where else does tackle fall, you know, onto this show, because I think as far as the women's stuff is kind of more or less set for what they want to do. For all, in with having Divine Dominion is probably going to face the brawling Birds. You know, I don't know if Julia Hart and Sky Blue are going to have anything. And you know, notably on the show that they won the Stardom Tag team title, so that was cool that they were holding onto those in those in that match. So yeah, I think we're on the same page here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I actually I wanted to look up to make sure to see if there was any update on Julia Hart because if you notice, at the end of their match with Divine Dominion, Megan Bain threw the start of belt at Julia's and hit her right in the face with it, and she seemed to be legitimately hurt. If she wasn't, that's a great, great job selling, because I really it really seemed like it caught her somewhere, you know, I know, or something like that, because she would hit her hands over her face for a while. So I'm yeah, hopeful she's okay. Yeah, but yes, but looking ahead to your point, the winds matches seemed to be set up. I just I don't know, I don't. I don't know how much you're getting out of right now, Willow and Mercedes again, but what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 7: Everyone, longtime PW torchcommist Sean radikin here to let you know I've rebamped and renewed the Raticant Worldwide podcast for twenty twenty six, a weekly VIP exclusive. Every week, I break down four or five of the biggest trending topics in pro wrestling. I also present my analysis, providing insight that helps you understand the story better or see it another way. Then maybe it is the controversial takeout there. Then I bring on a special guest for the second half of the podcast. Sometimes it's a wrestler or someone else who works in the business. Other times it's a guest analyst who brings their specialized point of view out of particular key topic in the news. Recent guests have included Bronson Reid from WWE and pc O. One of my areas of specialty is the Japan wrestling scene, so I have to cover a big topic from Japan with PW Torch, his own, Alan Farrell, Kelly Wells, and Chris Lansdell. I don't just cover the news. I don't just riff on the news or give a standard hot take. I'll bring my decades of studying this industry and talking one on one with dozens of wrestling promoters to each week's show so you understand not just what's happening, but the context of why get ahead of the news, get ahead of the pack with Radking Worldwide only at PW Torch vip.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: That brings us to the main event match here, which is the AEW World title is on the line as Kenny Omega defends against Kevin Knight. You know Kevin Knight has uh you know, has I think he's had a decent heel run here is thus far, but He's a great entering wrestler, and this is certainly a propelling to a pay per view main event. I mean, this is a shooting him into that spot, and I like that aw is daring to do it. There was a point in time where they put Kyle Fletcher into a main event pay per view where it felt like maybe that was a little bit before he was ready for it, and they're kind of doing the same thing with Kevin Knight here that they don't have a ton of people who are ready for that spot. But I think what were guaranteed is that we're going to get a really good match between Omega and Kevin Knight. Obviously, Night, Kevin Knight is not going to win this match. There is absolutely zero chance. Do not put any money on that happening, but you can put money on the fact that it's going to be entertaining to get there.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree, And you know, this is not something I think needs to be criticized or anything or Kevin Knight's not ready for the main event and all that stuff. Listen, he may not be. This wasn't the plan, you know, clearly, like you have to. So they they're thinking to themselves Okay, what big match can we do? What person can we put put in this match that you know we don't want to blow? Uh, you know, a future match with you know, but Kevin Knight is it's a it's a it's an audition almost. I would say, of okay, you're the main event. Now let's go and crush it. Let's see how you how you do? And he again a work in progress on the mic. You know, I think there there's something, you know, I like his facial expressions, you know, I like his kind of cocky attitude that he has. There's something there there. He can be a good heel as he continues to gain more and more experience. Again, this is a guy who has not been on you know, uh had to do something like this on weekly television week after week after week. It takes time and raps to to really, you know, learn how to do it. He you know, you're going to get amazing stuff in the ring and uh, you know, and as he was against Darby on Wednesday, fantastic opening match, you know, with some you know, amazing, amazing stuff. I think that the one thing I would say that that kind of bugged me. And it again it's a nitpick. So it's not like a huge, huge deal. But I don't want Kevin Knights saying winning the world title would make him Kevin two belts number one. That's an old you know bit, you know, to call him two belts or rebolts whatever. I just thought, that's old. Don't do. Don't use it anymore in my opinion. But the World Tighter is so much more prestigious than the TNT Championship. It should be on a different pedestal. If you're going to be the world champion, it shouldn't be two belts. It should be I'm the world champion, and I also am the TNT champion, Like it should you know, either you're putting them both and making them both sea the equal yeah or yeah and like or they're equal. Hey I got two of these things. It's like, now, if you're the world champion, you're the world champion. And they've just spent all of this calendar year making the biggest deal about the World Championship, which they should, and they've done a great job, you know, prioritizing it and making it. You know, people swarm it around and everyone wants it, so treat it like that and don't you know, word word it like it's an equal to the to the lesser belt, So just just throw something there.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah, I don't disagree with that. I I mean, it's gonna be interesting to see how this whole show does on pay per view. I don't it's not gonna be a disaster, but it's not going to be, you know, one of their highest ones. I just think that, you know, you can put Keny Omega in a main event and to the aw audience, I think he's the biggest star that the promotion has. I think that just through his whole legacy and where he's at this point, that they have framed him as this legendary wrestler that I think that the audience just sees him that anytime you get a Kenny Omega singles match, it's a big deal, you know, despite who the opponent is or or how well that they built it. I think that when you put Kenny Omega in a pay per view main event, that they know that that that he takes it very seriously and he's going to give it everything that he has in there. So I want to see how that is as a draw, especially with him being in Canada. It's not it's not definitely not his hometown. Canada is a huge country. But still there's that there's that Canadian pride, uh that that's going to be on his side. So I think it's gonna be a very electric crowd that's going to be excited to see Kenny Omega. And like we said, overall, it's there's nothing that's the huge, huge draw for this show. But if nothing else, aw puts on fantastic pay per views in the ring. So I'm very much looking forward to how all this stuff plays out and leads into the other things that they have coming up here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think Tony Kahan, you know, has proven he's aware of the situation, he's aware of all the changes in what people might be thinking. But he also will always, you know, because he is a huge wrestling fan at heart. He would say, Okay, I'm gonna bring back Swerve, I'm gonna bring back hang Man. Mercedes will be there, you know, just like you were saying they're not on the car doesn't necessarily mean they won't be there. So there there might be surprise here and there. You know, there's going to be some some a handful probably I would think at least on this of surprises or and when I say surprise, it's not like oh my God, but just something extra that that are going to give you more of your money's worth for doing it, because he wants people who don't order it to say I wish I ordered it, and he's always done that, and so so I think that that I will it would expect it not just to be oh, here's a you know, a bunch of great matches, enjoy you know, thanks for your you know, forty bucks or fifty bucks or whatever. I think he's gonna do his best to give you your money's worth in some you know, in some way, with great matches plus a couple of little surprises.
Speaker 2: The fun thing, too, is that you are going to see the follow up to Redemption next week.
Speaker 3: I am I as I will be at the Masonic Temple in Detroit for Dynamite next week. I'm very excited for that. It's gonna be a long day. The Lions open training camp that morning, so I will be I will be covering that bright and early at at eight a m. That morning and working all day in order to get out in time to go see Dynamite. So I'm excited, but just like and I expected, you know, they don't really announce much for the Dynamites after pay per views because of the wrestlers going all out a lot of times, Tony has to kind of make sure no one's injured. You know, he probably has ideas of what he wants to do, but doesn't want to announce it yet. So I will, you know, assume it's going to be a solid show. I know he likes the Detroit market once and you know, the last last year, I know that was a good show, and so I think he's gonna give us something good and you know, and who knows, whatever happens at the show will get something. And it's just it's just annoying to me that like most of the time they do a Dynamite and Collision on the same show, and they're having people buy two separate tickets to go a second night for it, for oh for next week, yeah for yeah, well yeah, I mean I think in I think in markets that they that they know they can maybe get a couple of days and to give a little you know, extra, like they want collision not to just be thrown in at the end. I don't mind that, because they did in Boston a couple of weeks ago, you know, to give you a Wednesday and a Thursday taping. I last year I went to the Dynamite. I did not go to the Collision, but I heard but it was a good show from what I had heard. And I have to work this Thursday night, so I can't go to the Collision as well. But but yeah, but I can. I can certainly tell you from the you know, the group of people that I know, uh that you know, love AW are very about it coming back, you know, to Detroit because I think, you know, I'm assuming there's venue issues and stuff that have prevented it being a mainstay place, because I know that it's been very supportive of AW in the past. You know, the original Blood Guts, the the famous Moxley and Omega cage match when when Kallus turned on him. That was all in Detroit, So yeah, and got great crowds then, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then that will that Dynamite then leads to Grand Slam Mexico the following week there where they will be at Arena Mexico, and then just looking further down the calendar, we already mentioned all out that they actually did announce Full Gear. So Full Gear is going to be taking place on November fourteenth in Phoenix, Arizona at the Mortgage Matchup Center. And I think tickets, I think at least the pre sales are up now for that show. All right, all right, well, Greg, let's get to So Zach sent in this trivia last week and he just has some trivia stuff.
Speaker 5: So we will we'll go through that now.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks, let's.
Speaker 2: Go, Zach. Barber says, Fellas, we're gonna dispense with any talk and go straight to the trivia this week. This week, we're going somewhere we haven't gone in a while. The old box of gimmicks.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: Number one before his famous run with head Al snow wrestled in WWE under a mask as what gimmick? That sounds like it was inspired by a James Cameron movie. Mmm, well, James.
Speaker 3: Cameron Terminator, the Aliens Terminator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Titanic Avatar.
Speaker 3: Oh that was pre Avatar?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah?
Speaker 2: What else did you see?
Speaker 3: I think that I assume it's going to be Is it a terminator? So he was under a mask?
Speaker 2: Sounds like it came I don't know, probably not aliens. There's probably another James. Is it cheating if I look up James Cameron.
Speaker 3: Movies, I don't think so, Okay, let's.
Speaker 2: Let's entertain this. Yeah, go through here, all right, So James Cameron movies. What am I missing? The abyss? Okay? So was he abyss before abyss?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 5: There you go?
Speaker 3: Maybe so this was this was before al Snow went to E. C. W as well? Right, so you're talking it was like mid mid nineties, yeah, right, in my dark period, which doesn't help. Hmm. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know a mask, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Something something to do with abyss.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go, yeah, okay, sure, go for it.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get we'll get like a quarter of credit if it's if it has to do with the abyss.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Number one Avatar what yep? Under this gimmick, Snow would emerge from through the curtain with his face exposed and then put the mask on. Well, I said, it sounds like it's you know, it's.
Speaker 3: Not inspired, okay, because he said inspired. That's what see that throws you off. The word inspired means that Avatar inspired it therefore, okay, see partial blame for Zach on this one, because it can nothing can It can't inspire something. It didn't exist yet.
Speaker 2: So okay, So he's at this avatar gimming. I mean it's kind of like a like a ninja.
Speaker 5: Kind of type, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, I gotcha, I got you. Yeah, I mean this was like, it.
Speaker 2: Kind of looks like great sask a little bit, you.
Speaker 3: Know, hold, let me look it up. Okay, okay, Oh so ninety ninety six, yeah, unfortunately that was my dark period. Sorry.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to us on the Apple podcast app, on Spotify, or any other app that allows you to rate our podcast, please take a moment to give us a five star rating. It really helps us in the algorithm and helps them know that you recommend us to others. Just look for a place to rate the show on Spotify, on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you're listening to our shows, and please click that five star rating, and of course, thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: All right, Moving on number two. Uring his time in us w A The Future, Caine was given this garish holiday themed gimmick.
Speaker 3: I don't care, Isaac yankm Oh no, that's later.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even know where to start. I have no idea. I apologize, Zach, but I there's no there's nothing for me to to even start on. I would have no idea.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm cheating and trying to get some uh some possibilities so I can guess correctly. So give me no no uh credit for this one. But I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: Uh wow, that's like old I'm just looking up Caine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have I have no yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the answer is to number two.
Speaker 3: The Christmas Creature Christmas Creature.
Speaker 2: Glenn Jacob's Christmas Creature outfit featured candy cane sleeves, tinsel, and working lights. So Glenn Jacobs is mad about the Isaac yankam when people say that to him. Yeah, why does nobody bring up the Christmas creature?
Speaker 3: And apparently his costume was made by his mother. Oh that's what I'm seeing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So okay, oh us w a the Christmas creature? Who the hell came up with this?
Speaker 5: Wow? Well?
Speaker 3: Shockingly that he unsuccessfully challenged Jerry Lawler for the heavyweight championship. Oh well, you know, start somewhere right, Okay.
Speaker 2: Can all be the avatar?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Number three what tough as nails. WWE hall of Famer began her career as Miss Texas and ended it as Miss Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Like in like legitimately or the wrestling name was Miss Texas and Miss Tennessee.
Speaker 2: I think it's the thing, it's wrestling. I honestly I think this is Jacqueline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what that makes? Out of sense?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, let's roll number three.
Speaker 2: Scrolling down?
Speaker 3: Oh this is Jacqueline great, all right, good jack Chell.
Speaker 2: About the career, Jackie was known as Miss Texas and us w A us w A, showing up again during her first in TNA managing beer money, she was Miss Tennessee Jackie Moore. Yeah, it's kind of been her gimmick.
Speaker 3: Okay, well done.
Speaker 2: Number four, when he debuted in WWE, Tracy Smothers was given what gimmick name? That was a mashup of the shoot names of a Hall of Fame tag that had a member who was very close to Vince McMahon.
Speaker 5: I don't know, oh man, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean these are hard, man, these are hard.
Speaker 2: Number four is Freddy Joe Floyd. That is just you were never we were never going to get there.
Speaker 3: No idea, no idea, What era was this? Did this happen?
Speaker 2: He said? The name is a mashup of Jack and Jerry Briscoe's shoot names Frederick, Joseph and Floyd Gerald. Was created when Vince heard the brothers arguing with each other.
Speaker 3: I see, yeah, okay, so I guess that is that mid nineties again. He loves Zach, loves his mid nineties, loves him. Yeah, Tray just such no help.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 3: The six Yeah, okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: So number five is bodybuilder and indie wrestler Jeep Swenson was brought into w c W as part of the Dungeon of Doom under what controversial gimmick that had to be quickly adjusted? I wasn't Jeep Swenson. I think Wade like compared like Bronze Stroman or something to Jeep Swinson, right, and I am I on track with that obviously. I've never seen a Jeep Swinson match in my entire life.
Speaker 3: So so I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. I gotta tell you, wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. I don't know if I know. I'm just trying to think if I can. I'm trying to think of the dungeon, the Doom, if I can remember any of the stuff they did. Yeah, no, I'm not blanking on it.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Number five is the Final Solution. The Final Solution was, of course, the name of Hitler's plan to murder the Jews, so Swempson, who was brought in for the infamous Tower of Doom steel Cage, was Click, was quickly renamed the Ultimate Solution. Wow, what a horrible idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, nice, nice going. So well, you know, you could, I guess back then you couldn't type in uh things into into a computer and have it spit out exactly you know what it is to double check.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean that's true, you know. I mean it's like, yeah, I'm quickly now going on too the Wikipedia page. But you're right, I mean, like, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, listen, as a Jewish person, I don't I don't think I would technically take a you know, offence to that unless the unless the person who made the decision was like a clear awful person and knew it. But that's one of those things that you know, I don't think I think ninety five set of people have no idea that that's what it was called. In fact, I didn't realize it and when you said it the first time, until you mentioned it and I'm like, oh, yeah, you know, so yeah so.
Speaker 2: Jeeves Winson also played Bain in Batman and Robin.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, all right, nice, Well thanks, okay, thank you, Zach. Sorry, we will try to do better next time.
Speaker 2: You can send us an email to all Elinked CC at gmail dot com with your questions comments trivia. All right, well Greg, next week is going to be another crazy week of wrestling. So you got you got Dynamite on Wednesday and then I have Okay, so Friday is going to be They're going to do that Friday Night nightro at Mall of America, so in the Rotundo where they had the first WCW. So the local indie is going to have their their show there. And then also they're gonna have a hardcore wrestling show at the at a VFW in Uptown here with I think various amounts of people. Then Saturday is going to start out with a GCW show making its debut in Minneapolis. They're gonna be at First Avenue with a couple of names you know, you know, Joey Janella is gonna be there, some other some other people affiliated with GCW, and then Summer Slam Night one will be at us Banks Stadium, and then after that they're gonna have a GCW versus First Wrestling at First Avenue, which is gonna start late, and then Sunday will have uh or no, they're gonna First Wrestling is just having a show on Saturday, and then on Sunday is GCW versus First Wrestling again at First Avenue, and then SummerSlam Night two, so big Summer Slam weekend WWE is going to be at the Convention Center here. They're also going to have Wrestle con The biggest name announced for it is Will Osprey will be in town signing autographs, taking pictures along with a lot of other WWE alum. So yeah, it's gonna be a big, big time of wrestling. I know you're not WWE fan, but there's gonna be a lot of indies and all that stuff happening around town. So I will be exhausted from watching wrestling. I'm not sure how much of all this stuff I've bought tickets for I'm actually going to be able to to be able to stick out. But yeah, it's going to be a fun weekend. First time of kind of these super weekends that they're having something here locally.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm very happy for you that you get something there locally. It should be a fun weekend for you with all of the action. I'm excited for Wednesday night as well. So yeah, we'll have we'll have plenty to talk about, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: All right man, Well let's let's wrap there. I thank to everybody for listening to our show here, and thank you Greg for your time.
Speaker 3: Thank you Joel for your time, and thank you to everyone listening. We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 1: Admit it, you love Nick Barbatty when he co hosts with me on the Wadkeller Post shows. Well now you can listen to him every week on The Nickys Club, a VIP exclusive podcast. Here's Nick to tell you more.
Speaker 8: Hey wrestling fans, It's Nick Barbatty and I'm back with the Nickys Club, the place where the family of Nicky's comes together for big laughs and sharp takes on WWE for WrestleMania rumors to surprise returns, I got you covered. The Nicky's Club where the wrestling feels like the coolest club in town.
Speaker 1: Nick Barbatty wants to be part of your pro wrestling life every week, so why not let him go vip pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on signing up. We're compatible with patreons, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and just about any other iOS or Android app out there. You can also stream directly from our ad free VIP website. The Nicky's Up waiting for you every week at PW Torch v ip.
Speaker 9: Hello everyone, and thanks for joining us today for an hour with Tony Kahn to discuss AW Redemption live this Sunday from Bell Center in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, home of the Montreal Canadians. Just some quick housekeeping. In the interest of time and giving opportunities to opportunities to do as many of you as we can, please refrain from asking two party questions if possible, and let's try to keep your questions focused to this weekend and Redemption. So with that, I'm going to turn over to Tony conference opening thoughts, and we're going to open the lines for your questions. Tony, are you there?
Speaker 4: Hey, Thank you very much. Jim.
Speaker 10: I'm very excited about AEW redemption on pay per view this Sunday. I think it's going to be a great wrestling weekend and AW I believe it to having a tremendous year on pay per view and on TV in twenty twenty six. I'm excited to hear your questions and answer them and talk to you today and hopefully I'll get to answer all the questions today. But if there's anybody that does not get to answer a question or does not get their question answered today, I will be around after the AW redemption pay per view for the scrum and I'll stay as long as possible to answer every single question to make sure everybody who comes to the pay per view gets to ask a question. And now we can start with the answering. Now, Jim, if you're ready to start fielding the questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 9: Okay, So we're going to start with Jason po from Pro Wrestling dot Net and then on deck would be Brian's Elm from PW Torch. So, Jason, if you're ready to go. We're ready for you.
Speaker 4: Let me know I am, can you hear me?
Speaker 9: We sure?
Speaker 11: An?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Excellent? All right, Tony, Redemption is starting an hour earlier than your other pay per views. Are you planning to make this the new norm? Or is this maybe more about the public transportation shutdown time in Montreal. I'm just kind of curious where things are going.
Speaker 4: I wanted to try this. I thought it would be a good idea for the start.
Speaker 10: Time of this pay per view. For the next pay per view, the star time will be earlier because it'll be taking place.
Speaker 4: From the UK. Our next pay per view after Redemption at aw All in London.
Speaker 10: So trying some different things, and I thought it would be a very good thing to experiment with to try an earlier start time. And it's similar to the previous start time. It's an hour earlier, but still a night pay per view. And I think there's a lot of fans really excited about this event. I know I'm really excited about it.
Speaker 4: And should be a great pay per view. I wanted to started an hour earlier and be how that works. Thanks for asking.
Speaker 9: Thanks Jason Brian Zylem from PW Torches next. Brian will be followed by Dave Meltzer from Wrestling Observer.
Speaker 2: Brian Tony can you hear me?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hi Brian, Hi Tony. Thanks for the time and Tony.
Speaker 13: Going into the Redemption pay perview of this Sunday, I couldn't notice, but one of the aw's biggest stars is currently not scheduled to compete on the show, and that's Swerve Strickland. Can you share any updates on his status and when fans can expect to see him back on AW programming.
Speaker 5: Thanks?
Speaker 10: Well, that's a great question. I'm going to be with Swerve at the Comic Con this weekend. I'm really looking forward to that. And Swerve has been out of action since his last match and has been working on some things outside of wrestling.
Speaker 4: He's been very good standing with AW and.
Speaker 10: I'd be happy to answer more about it after AW Redemption, but with set Swerve certainly as part of the San Diego Comic Con tomorrow and as far as when you'll see Swerve next on AWTV Day tuned and I like that. I'll be answering questions after the pay per view too, so I can follow up with you then.
Speaker 4: Thanks for asking.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 9: Dave Meltzer from The Wrestling Observer is next, and Dave will be followed by Samantha Shipman from Power Bombshells. Yes, can you hear me? We can?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Hi? Okay, great? Hi.
Speaker 14: I have a question that I've seen a topic that's kind of come up a lot on social media, and then it was actually a situation that I came into contact with in a real life situation a couple of weeks ago when I attended the g One and that's actually about AW Hills. I noticed that there have been conversation about it being on hiatus, and I ran into someone who thought I was a Hills member and when she heard me, she ever heard me talking about taking photos, And so that's because that's the topic that's come up. Can you shed any light on when aw Hills may return or any type of information that you can provide for their subscribers.
Speaker 4: It's a good question.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 10: Aw Heal started years ago as a great project for the female wrestling fans. I have not been an active participant in heels, and I'm not sure it's a good question.
Speaker 4: I'll have to ask some people on the business side.
Speaker 10: There's so many things happening in ADW wrestling right now and in the world of professional wrestling, so I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't want to give you the wrong answer, so I'd have to check and get back to you. But maybe maybe i'd.
Speaker 10: Have more information after the pay per view. I just don't have it in front of me right now. Thanks for asking.
Speaker 9: Thanks Samantha. We're gonna try Dave Melcher again, and on the on deck circle will be Sean Radikin from PW Torch dot Com. Dave, We're gonna give you another tryer either.
Speaker 2: No, I think I think dave'savn't some Okay.
Speaker 9: Let's let's we'll keep We'll keep David the queue here, but how about Sean Radikin?
Speaker 4: Are you there?
Speaker 9: Sean?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Here' you're great? Hi? Sean?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 4: How are you doing great? How are you man?
Speaker 7: I'm good.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 7: Redemption is coming before All In in London next month, which is a very big pay per view for you. You already have a big match promoted for a big main event. I want to ask you with Redemption kind of pop. I don't know how last minute it was for you, but but with Redemption popping up on the schedule just recently, and with all In around the corner, how how difficult has it for you to juggle promoting this redemption card and with all In right around the corner the UK next month.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's been additive. Right now, we're in a very strong period.
Speaker 10: The AWTV viewership in recent weeks is the highest that it's been in years on TV. Yes, and when you add in that years ago we had no streaming viewers, we did not have the HBO Max agreement yet, and now we have those viewers in addition to our TVFTV viewers. So I believe this is the most fans watching AW in many many years and one of the greatest periods for AWTV viewership ever.
Speaker 4: And it feels like a very hot time.
Speaker 10: And I think it's been very additive to have the immediacy of important matches and rivalries going into AW redemption, and AAW.
Speaker 4: Redemption is going to be a very important show on the path to AW all in. And I think.
Speaker 10: When the facts come out after the pay per view, this is going to be a tremendous pay per view and a very important show to watch on the way to AW all in London, and I expect we'll continue the run of tremendous AW pay per views on our way to what will be one of our biggest ever all in London next month.
Speaker 4: Thanks for asking.
Speaker 9: Thanks Sean. We're gonna circle back with Dave Meltzer to see if Dave's there. In behind Dave will be Andrew Baidala from Final Bell Media. Dave, can you hear me?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yeah, I did?
Speaker 4: Oh, oh, great, great, Okay.
Speaker 15: I know that there seems to be a number of people who are suddenly free agents that are on the market, and I'm wondering if some of these names intrigue you or not. And but also just the update, if there's any update on the status of Sammy Gevara or Ana Jay and Timelo.
Speaker 10: Oh sure, well I'll do those in uh okay, maybe I'll start in reverse order.
Speaker 4: Sammy.
Speaker 10: I thought it was unusual that people said there was a change in Sammy's datus because nothing had changed. Sammy's done well, he's wrestling in Ring of Honor more often, He's done some good things in AW and as one half of the ROH World Tag Team Champions, had appeared in AW with LFI and it wasn't Sammy's fault.
Speaker 4: Beast Mortos's visa had been jammed.
Speaker 10: Up for a very long time, so because I really like Sammy and Beef Mortos, I had gone to CMLL instead.
Speaker 4: They're great champions and they've done very well for me.
Speaker 10: I think they'd be very good for CMLL, and they got booked in Arena Mexico defending the championships, made a few defenses, and then lost the championships to Mascriderta and Mexico. As I understand it, when Sammy changed his bio, I don't think Sammy ever had AW in the bio in the first place, so I don't think it was any negative change. And I got a nice message from Sammy thing he wasn't trying to do anything bad and he loves AW and I believe that. And Sammy has been a good wrestler for us in AW and roh. She's a great talent and a very good person. So I don't think he meant to do anything, And it seemed like people jumped on him for something he didn't even do, certainly just messing around with a Twitter bio. It's pretty amazing how people would jump to conclusions but also jump on him and in my opinion in.
Speaker 4: This case, probably unfairly. And that would bring me to some other things.
Speaker 10: Anna j and Ty as individual people and as a team, they've been great as a team and as individuals. They've both been here for many, many years, and the status I would say is very different on both. I saw a lot of things on both of them being reported that were very inaccurate.
Speaker 4: Anna is in very good standing with us. Anna is out injured right now.
Speaker 10: I had been hoping to book Anna in recent weeks on shows and she has an injury and last week she was going for an MRI. But Anna is somebody who also is in good standing with AW and also has a lot of time left and has extended their contract with AAW.
Speaker 4: So in her case also.
Speaker 10: It's somebody that I see a lot of reporting about that is inaccurate and rather than you know, I have a lot of work and I don't think that's a secret, and I am not spending all my time myth busting and a lot of times these myths get carried away. So Anna has actually extended and is going to be staying in AW, which is far to the contrary of what a lot of the wrestling media has reported, which probably speaks to the accuracy of a lot of these reports that you see in pro wrestling. And then with Tie, also a lot of inaccurate things I saw about Tie, And to be honest, there in this case, there was smoke to the fire, but the people were reporting the fire in the wrong place.
Speaker 4: So what did that really accomplish? And with Tie, Ty had said she.
Speaker 10: Wanted to step away from wrestling. She had said, I love AW and I love the people here, but I wanted to step away from AW and step away from wrestling. And that's what she told told me. That wasn't in twenty twenty five. That was weeks ago at Collision, after she wrestled against the Divine Dominion, and she came to me after the match and said I would like the relief and I was taken aback and we had a very nice talk. It's far to the contrary of what I've seen reported about this game last year, or that it's been an ongoing thing. And I heard from Tie this week and she said she's not putting those reports out and it really bothered her. And you know, we haven't had an unpleasant conversation ever I've always had a very good relationship with Tie, and.
Speaker 4: She had asked about stepping away recently. It hasn't been a long thing.
Speaker 10: And also I haven't kept her here since that talk. I haven't brought her back, booked her, and I am going to give Tie that release. I think it's amazing in all three of these cases, Dave, I've seen a lot of things that were in acturate, and all three of them are pretty different from each other.
Speaker 4: And here's the thing. AW is doing some of our best work right now.
Speaker 10: We're having our biggest viewership for our TV in years, and as the mainstream media and as major media conglomerations for taking notice of how strong aw's performance is, how good the viewership is, and how hot the company is, and the pay per views are doing so well and going to HBO Max, and the quality.
Speaker 4: Of the product is very high.
Speaker 10: Yet every time we get like we're in a very good position, it feels like people start talking about things, and a lot of times, not only do they bring up conversations completely beside the point of how well Aw's doing, which is fine because there's a lot.
Speaker 4: Of things to talk about, but it's amazing how often the things that are being.
Speaker 10: Reported are either exaggerated or completely inaccurate or made up, but that is the truth on all three of those. Then you ask me about the free agents. There are a lot of great free agents in wrestling, and particularly right now, there's a lot of people coming out of contract. It's no secret that a lot of very talented wrestlers were released recently from their contracts and it has put more people on the market, absolutely, and it's something that I am keeping an eye on because I'm very cognizant that there's a lot of really tallened people that just got fired or cut or released, and I am keeping an eye on that. So it's certainly a very interesting time in pro wrestling and an exciting time for AW again. I'm so thrilled about how strong the viewership has been and very very excited about AW Redemption and about the road to AW all In because I think that there's going to be an incredible event there and I think it'll be a massive success for AW.
Speaker 4: And I appreciate you asking.
Speaker 10: It's certainly a big summer for AW for wrestling, and right now it feels like the best period for AEW in many years.
Speaker 4: And I would say arguably the best period for AW.
Speaker 10: Ever, or one of the two best periods for aw ever, And certainly I would say this is the best in at least five years, if not ever, the aw's been doing.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thanks Deve.
Speaker 1: You know that last segment you're just listening to and the next one that you're waiting to listen to, those can be one second apart. With a VIP membership, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our shows. Pw torch dot com slash go vip tells you how to do it. That's pw torch dot Com slash Go VIP options exist within the Apple podcast app using your Apple account through Patreon, which, by the way, you can sync up with Spotify or just about any iOS or Android app. With a full VIP membership, you can customize the feed for individual shows and clusters of shows and themes. Go to pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on all the options to listen commercial free and with upper two your options unlock our v IP exclusive podcast run throughout the week every week.
Speaker 9: Andrew Baidala from Final Bell Media is next to be followed by Aditya Rau from ITR wrestling.
Speaker 3: Tony, can you hear me? Yeah? Hi, I hope you are well.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 16: With aw Redemption being this Sunday, and with all the recent discussions circulating on TV and social media about Kenny Omega, your World champions in ring career potentially winding down, I'm curious about your thoughts. You and your team are very well known for being purposeful in your decisions, especially when your commentators say something on your television programmings. And considering Kenny's walking into Canada and Montreal as your world champion, and he also may be headlining Wimbley Stadium, can you shed some light on whether these significant events are part of checking boxes for a potential conclusion to Kenny's career?
Speaker 3: Can you can you?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry I might have misunderstood the question.
Speaker 10: Can you can you ask from the beginning that same question again just to make sure I understand it before I answer it?
Speaker 4: Sure? Thank you.
Speaker 16: Basically, with all the recent discussions circulating on TV and social media about Kenny Omega's in ring career potentially winding down, and I know your team and you are very purposeful in your decisions on what gets on television and what the announcers say, and Kenny's walking into Canada and Montreal is your world champion, and he also may be headlining Wimbley Stadium as the world champion. Can you shed some light on whether or not these significant events are part of some boxes that Kenny's checking for a potential conclusion to his career.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you asking that.
Speaker 10: I think that Kenny is in phenomenal condition, and Kenny's excellence and his endurance are a miracle because what he went through was a medical emergency and it's something that had the potential to end his career and potentially end his life. So for Kenny to be at the top of the profession, to be the greatest wrestler in the sport and still on top, it's very special.
Speaker 4: And I think all of us are very happy about it.
Speaker 10: But we're also celebrating Kenny being at the top and appreciating it, favoring it, because there was a time when we were concerned Kenny might not be able to get back in the ring, and honestly, we were much more worried about what was going to happen.
Speaker 4: So I think outside of the ring, there were.
Speaker 10: Outside of the ring, there were concerns about Kenny's well being that far outweighed.
Speaker 4: The sporting aspect of it. But it's so exciting that.
Speaker 10: He's survived and thrived and that he has made this incredible comeback.
Speaker 4: And in sports, we love comebacks, and in.
Speaker 10: Pro wrestling, it's so special when somebody can overcome significant adversity to rise back to the top of the sport, and in Kenny's case, he's, in my personal opinion, one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and somebody that I looked up to and admired long before I worked with him in AEW as one of the most important figures in this sport.
Speaker 4: And to have Kenny back on top of the AW.
Speaker 10: World champion now in twenty twenty six, it's so special for so many reasons, and I think all of us in AW were savoring it very much and looking forward to Kenny Omega defending the AW World Championship this Sunday in his home country at AW Redemption, which is something very special for all of us and it marks a big milestone.
Speaker 4: And the wrestler he's facing is somebody in a very different point in his career, a rising star.
Speaker 10: Who continues to develop up yet his potential is seemingly limitless, and the way he ended was certainly an incredible exclamation point on the go home dynamite before AW Redemption for Kevin Knight to fly in literally from off screen with one of the most athletic dives over the top rope and knock Kenny down and then hold up both the championship belt, the TNT title and Kenny Omega's AW World Championship Belt, symbolizing that Kevin Knight the Jet believes he can become the double champion and become the.
Speaker 4: AW World Champion at AW Redemption.
Speaker 10: It's a very exciting match for many reasons, and in the case of Kenny Omega, everything Kenny Omega does in wrestling is very special because we were all worried we might not see him back in wrestling, and frankly worried we would not see h at all. So I think it's a very happy occasion for us. Thank you for asking about it. Thank you.
Speaker 9: Andrew Aditya Raul from ITR Wrestling is next to be followed by Amy Nemadee from wrestle Joy.
Speaker 17: Hi, Tony can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Hi? How are you great?
Speaker 3: How are you so?
Speaker 18: I was going to ask you about Kevin Knight and Kenny Omega, but instead I'm going to pivot to the AEW Women's World Championship with Tecla and Willow Nightingale. So Tecla has very quickly become one of the most dominant AW champions, not only feuding with the Women of AW but also taking on the entire Company of Stardom in Japan. She just returned this week holding new gold with a Triangle of Madness with the Artist of Stardom Championship.
Speaker 17: And Willow is one of the most beloved women in pro wrestling, having just returned from an injury immediately going on to win the Cause you know, Gauntlant now earning this title shot against Tecla at Redemption. Can you talk about the dynamics of both of these women, what they bring to the championship and your expectations heading into this match.
Speaker 4: Thank you well.
Speaker 10: They're both great champions, both have been great champions in AEW and around the world, both international stars, and in Tecla's case, she's coming to AW and risen to the.
Speaker 4: Top very quickly. Willow is somebody.
Speaker 10: That's been here for many, many years, working her way up and it has not been the rapid ascent of Tecla. Willo has continued to work her way up the card and become a great champion, and while Tackla has broken into AW and won the AW World Championship very quickly.
Speaker 4: All things considered, since she arrived in all.
Speaker 10: Of the wrestling, Willow has been with us since the pandemic Daily's Place era and works her way into prominent positions on the cards. She's become the TBS Champion and a World Tag Team Champion, but she's never been the World Champion of AW. And I do think that Willow is somebody who represents some of the very best of AW. And I do think that Tekla is somebody who also has come into AW and represents.
Speaker 4: How tremendous the growth and the building of.
Speaker 10: AEW has been throughout the past few years to get to the point we're at in the present day, where today aw's in the strongest position in many years, possibly our strongest position ever, with the brightest outlook for the future in AW seven year history, being right now and having great stars come in, and having the free agents in the world title picture and becoming champions free agents that have been here just since last year, like the TNT champion Kevin Knight wrestling for the world title, and like the Women's World Champion Tekla. That has been very important to AW and has helped keep strong because we have so many great wrestlers that have been here throughout the different times, people that have been here from the very beginning, from the very first show, Double or Nothing twenty nineteen, and people that arrived in that first year, people that came in through the pandemic era, and then throughout the years we've added more and more stars. And this crop that came in last year, they've done a fantastic job and when you watch AW Redemption, they're all over the card in important positions and mixing it up with great stars that have been in AW in many cases from the very beginning, some of the.
Speaker 4: Original top AW stars, and I'm very excited about that.
Speaker 10: And throughout the card, I think there's a lot of very exciting matchups and again I believe this will be a very important show as a pay per view to continue the run of excellent AW pay per view events, but also as an event leading into AW All in London, as the pay per view that precedes AW all in London.
Speaker 4: This is a very important show and I think it's going to be excellent.
Speaker 9: Thank you Amy. We're gonna try a d row again from it tr Wrestling, to be followed by Dominic D'Angelo from Studio one Sports dot Com. We're gonna try a d are you there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hi, hi, tot hey.
Speaker 19: I hope you're having a great day. Really looking forward to the show. Talking about the show, the EW Redemption card is having an MJF sized gap in the match card, So just want some clarity if this time off of his was planned, or you know, if you could just give us more clarity why he's not on the show.
Speaker 4: Thank you well, thank you.
Speaker 10: MJF was in a very hard hitting match with Kenny Omega. Is in some very hard hitting matches and has been an incredible fighting champion in twenty twenty six, doing something very different than in his previous time as the champion. Before twenty twenty six, mgf's been out on TV, on pay per view, even on house shows, fighting in big matches.
Speaker 4: And MJF is not a nice guy. He's not a nice.
Speaker 10: Person, but he's a great wrestler and we love having him as a part of AW when he's healthy and fit to compete.
Speaker 4: He's definitely been through a lot of big matches.
Speaker 10: That's what's tremendous about having such a strong roster of wrestlers being able to not have to pressure them because we want to extend these wrestlers careers. And in the case of an MJF, that's somebody that I hope is wrestling for decades and decades at a very top level.
Speaker 4: He's a very young man, and he's had some major injuries this year that he's.
Speaker 10: Been fighting through as a credit to him, and and you know, I think it speaks highly of MJF. And I would not be the person out here praising and saying all the nice stuff if it wasn't true.
Speaker 4: So in Mjf's k.
Speaker 10: I absolutely think he's been one of the great things about AW in twenty twenty six. And I'm looking forward to mjf's return to eight W when he's back, which he will be back very soon, I'm sure. And I'm grateful that the injuries he's sustained or nothing that would keep him out really really long term, because as you know, there are other times in the sport contrary to this where people have injuries and they.
Speaker 4: Can alter careers sometimes.
Speaker 10: So I'm glad he's going to be okay because he's a very important wrestler in AW MJF, whereas there we've had other great stars that have had injuries that have kept them out in some cases years or indefinitely. This is nothing that bad, and he was definitely banged up, and he had some very hard hitting matches. Of course, a classic championship match with Kenny Omega, with Kenny Omega winning the world title at AW Beach Break, one of the greatest episodes of AW Dynamite ever, and I think one of the greatest AW shows on TV or pay per view period was AW Beach Break and Kenny Omega VERSUSMJF was a very special match. But MJFS had a lot of hard hitting championship fights this year and when you look back, matches like the ones with Mark Brisco and Ruche and of course Darby Allen, these are very hard hitting fights. So with MJF, I look forward to his return. Thank you for asking.
Speaker 9: Thank you. Dominic D'Angelo from Studio one Sports dot Com is next to be foed by Vivik Sharma from Sports. Keeter Wrestling Dominic.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tony, can you hear me over? I heard great?
Speaker 20: Hey, rock on rock on cool Well, looking forward to Redemption this weekend.
Speaker 3: I kind of did want to follow up with Kevin Knight.
Speaker 20: I just you know, he's so new to the company, relatively new, and you know with the TNT title run, obviously, what gave you the confidence to kind of put him in this main event position so soon? I do see like from an entering town. Obviously it's amazing, but I do see him developing and growing as a promo as well. But how much confidence you have in and moving forward as one of the top stars for AW.
Speaker 10: I have a lot of confidence in Kevin Knight as one of the top stars going forward in AW. I really believe in the jet and I think he's a tremendous athlete, and he absolutely has had a very quick rise to become a multiple time World Trios Champion and now the TNT champion and potentially within days the AW World champion. It is a very quick rise, but again, it's not unprecedented to have somebody come in at the free agent and rise very quickly, as we've seen in the case of Tekla. Tekla and Kevin Knight very close to each other within I would think about a week of each other in fact. And to see Tekla's rise to prominence to be a world champion, and see Kevin Knight become a multiple time world Trio Champion, the T and T Champion, and now potentially the world champion himself at AW Redemption this Sunday. It shows that when we signed great free agents, they have the potential to come here to AW and ride to the very top of the card, to be in the main event matches.
Speaker 4: To fight for the world title, and possibly become the AW World champion.
Speaker 10: For all the great women and men free agents considering AW, I think these are great examples on AW Redemption, that there's a path to prominence here on the big pay per views and in top championship fights. If you come into AW, that there are great challengers and champions years that are willing to fight you, and if you work hard, you could work yourself into a very prominent position as a free agent, even within your second year. In the case of Kevin Knight and Tekla, both in these big world championship fights.
Speaker 4: Thank you, hey, stuff. Do you ever watch a WWE and think it used to be better.
Speaker 21: I don't know, josh Sometimes I think it used to be a whole lot worse.
Speaker 2: I mean, whether it's WrestleMania main events, old dudes at the top, too many titles.
Speaker 21: Or women's wrestling.
Speaker 4: We're here to answer the big question, is it worse or better?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 21: Join me Joshua White and me Stephanie Cheese for Worse.
Speaker 2: Or Better part of the PW Torch Daily Catoline I'm dropping on Monday nights.
Speaker 21: Search PW Torch in your podcast apps such as Apple Podcasts or Spotify to subscribe for free or get a commercial free version with the PW Torch VIP membership. Check out pw torch dot com slash go vip for details of going vip Worse or Better.
Speaker 4: Finally, something for wrestling fans to do on Monday nights.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much. Dominic Vivik Sharma from Sports Key to Wrestling is next to be followed by Sulian Khan from Slam Wrestling.
Speaker 4: You're on, Hi, Tony, can you hear me? I hear you great.
Speaker 3: I hope you're doing well.
Speaker 11: I'm very excited to watch Redemption this weekend.
Speaker 5: Me too.
Speaker 4: I hope you're doing well. I really appreciate that. I feel the same way as you. I hope that you're doing well, and I'm also very excited to watch AW Redemption this weekend.
Speaker 11: So we're on the same page, Tony, I wanted to ask you about Hangman page. We have not seen Hangman since his sudden return on Collision with all In approaching, Can you tell us something about his status?
Speaker 10: Well, I think we'll see Hangman again very soon. You know, we saw Hangman two weeks ago on Collision. This past week on Collision, they referenced it during some of the championship fights and the big stakes on Collision. You know, we saw Hangman on the show last week. When's he going to be back? And I would expect him to be back soon. He had a great interview and really set the stakes for his return, which feels imminent to the ring that he's going to be chasing championships. He is going to be a man of his word that he said if he didn't regain the championship from MJF that Hangman would not challenge for that World championship again. And it seems that Hangman is absolutely going to live up to his word because he has told me and has also publicly told all of you he plans to come back to AW very soon and to be in line to challenge for the other championships. He's been a world champion, and in fact, Kenny Omega and Hangman Page are the only wrestlers in AW ever to.
Speaker 4: Hold the AW World Title, the AW.
Speaker 10: World Tag Team Championship, and the World Trios Championship. Fittingly, they actually held the World Tag Team Championship together famously. And Hangman has been a multiple time world champion. And I believe any title he sets his sights on, he has the ability and the talent and the mindset and strength mentally and physically to win. And he said that he's going to be targeting these championships. So we saw Hangman back a week ago on Collision, and then this past week we heard it referenced, and I would say we should be watching out. I would expect to see hang Man back very soon to get back in the ring and follow up on what he said, because he is a man of his word, and he said he's coming back soon to chase these championships.
Speaker 4: So I would say stay tuned. You know, it hasn't really been that long, has it, Thanks.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Vic.
Speaker 9: Julian Khan from Slam Wrestling is next to be followed by Michael Morales Torres from Lucha Libre Online.
Speaker 22: Sulian, Yeah, sorry about that on my internet just popped up for a second there.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 22: Uh So, I just wanted to ask about will Ospray and John Moxley and the tag team. Uh the match against the Young Bucks this Sunday. It's giving me vibes of last year when we saw Swerve and will Osprey's head against the Young Bucks. What sort of parallels do you see between the two situations right now from this time last year and this match on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Well, the Young Bucks are very different people than they were at that time.
Speaker 10: And I would know because I've been somebody that had been a victim of what the Umbucks had become a few years ago, and particularly last year was really the culmination of the abuse of the Yumbucks power, and that was the end of their run as the executive vice president of aw even though they are very important and they are still founding fathers of the company, and the truth is now more than ever they fit that vibe. I think the Young Bucks have really gone back to their roots. They're quite possibly.
Speaker 4: The greatest tag team I've ever seen.
Speaker 10: I think that they are two of the best people I've known, and that's what made it so hard to be attacked by Matt Nick and beat up by Matt and Nick. It's not something I ever would have expected. I never really would have thought met Nick were capable of heard of me. And now I really believe that they are back to They're back to being who they were at the very beginning of aw which is they're at their very best.
Speaker 4: They're wrestling so hard, they're fantastic people, and.
Speaker 10: They're focusing on the fans and the wrestling in the ring, and they're in a very different place than they were a year ago. And frankly so as well Offsprey, because he's found himself mixed up with the Death Writers. And we saw where the Death Writers were at aw All in Texas, and they've taken a very different trajectory.
Speaker 4: The Death Writers. It's a very interesting story to follow. It's very unique and there's nobody quite like the.
Speaker 10: Death Writers in the world of professional wrestling, and their leader, John Moxley is one of the most brutal people yet also in my own opinion, somebody that I think is incredibly prolific and highly intelligent and has a brilliant mind for strategizing professional wrestling and architected his own rise to the top numerous times. And he has so many talented people surrounding him as part of the Death Riders.
Speaker 4: And now he has acquired maybe.
Speaker 10: The greatest wrestling prospect, maybe the greatest wrestler to never be the world champion, Will Ospray, and he's acquired him for the Death Riders at a very interesting time because we're going into AW All in London.
Speaker 4: We know will Osprey is going to be challenging for the.
Speaker 10: World title, whether it's the Jack, Kevin Knight or Kenny Omega as it stands now, and of course there's a lot of history between John.
Speaker 4: Moxley and Kenny Omega.
Speaker 10: That's really one of the very first rivalries in aw dating back to the beginning of the company, the original Double or Nothing, that's how we ended and John Moxley standing on the poker chips at the end of the very first aw event with Kenny Omega down, leading to their lights out match the very first full year, and a rivalry that has continued and changed, and it did lead to the end of Kenny.
Speaker 4: Omega's When I talk about the Umbucks and how they've changed, Kenny went through some changes himself.
Speaker 10: And Kenny has really come back to being the kind of Kenny and the kind of person that I wanted in aw and a person I'm really proud to work with. And he's still an executive vice president backstage and a huge part of the company.
Speaker 4: And you know, it was the John Moxley.
Speaker 10: Kenny Omega rivalry that took the championship from John Moxley in his first reign, started Kenny's first reign, but also started Kenny down a very dark path with Don kallis a path that now Kenny sieves Kevin Knight taking and it's a path that led Kenny to success.
Speaker 4: But now to see Kenny be the world champion on his own, doing it on his own, of his own meriage, it's very special, and I know the young Bucks feel that way too.
Speaker 10: And there have been times even in the past few weeks, particularly in the past few weeks, where I know Matt and Nick are concerned about what's happening with Kenny Omega and will ospray, what is this going to lead to because nobody knows Kenny Omega better than Matt and Nick, and I think Matt and Knicks may still deep down hold some grudge against will Ospray for what happened last year at aw All in Texas, that incredible tag match that led to the end of the Young Buck tenure at the Executive Vice Presidents, but also led to their own road to redemption, And in some ways, I think Matt and Nick know that was the best thing that could have happened to them, but it led to a real struggle tough times. I know they were in a hard place for them and their family, trying to make ends meet, and I'm very glad everything's worked out.
Speaker 4: Matt and Nick and I are all three of.
Speaker 10: Us Christian people, and we all believe in forgiveness, and I'd like to think all have forgiven each other for everything that's gone on. But also I think with Matt and Nick, in some ways they probably know that what happened with will Ospray and swore of last year at aw All in Texas, them losing the EVP title in some ways was probably the best thing that could have happened to them, as wrestlers, and they've gotten back to doing what they do, which is some of the greatest tag team wrestling ever. And I'm very excited for this match because the Young Bucks have said they're focused on regaining the Tag Team Championship and going after whoever wins the match between Cope and Christian versus Pack and Claudio Castignoli, two of the very top wrestlers in AW, two men have been championed in AW multiple times.
Speaker 4: And two of the leaders of the Death Riders.
Speaker 10: And there are so many exciting, interesting things happening as we go into AW Redemption right now, and the Young Bucks do have their eyes on the Tag Team Championship, but they're also looking very closely at what's happening around Kenny Omega. He's going into this big match with Kevin Knight, but also if Kenny can survive the Jack Kevin Knight, if Kenny can retain the championship in his home country the Sunday at AW Redemption, I know that the Young Bucks see what could be out there potentially with the Death Riders. Of course, the Umbucks have a lot of history with John Moxley as well. It goes back many many years in AW and some great matches. You mentioned Young Bucks versus Well Osprey and Swerve, which was a fantastic match at AW All in Texas, And I also think that Young Bucks versus John Moxley and Nadie Kingston at AW Double or Nothing twenty twenty one was an incredible tag team match on another great wrestling show. So I'm really looking forward to the inaugural AW Redemption and one of the matches I'm really looking forward to in tag team team wrestling as the Young Bucks versus John Moxley and Will Osprey, who have formed a very interesting team.
Speaker 4: And while they have been teaming not nearly as long as Matt.
Speaker 10: Nick, to say the least, Will Osprey and John Moxley seem to be a very deadly tag team as the Death Rids, and I think this is going to be an incredible tag team match, and I'm very excited to see how this all develops because there's a lot of interesting rivalries, friendships, a lot of mistrust, and very interesting personalities and things happening in AW right now as we go into AW Redemption this Sunday.
Speaker 4: Thanks for asking, Thank you very much.
Speaker 9: We've got Michael Morales Torres from Lucha Libre Online is next to be followed by a writing question from Bill Bodkin at the Pop break.
Speaker 4: So, Michael, you're up, Yes, Tony, how are you doing today? I'm very well. How are you welcome man?
Speaker 23: Thank you very much for asking, sir uh So, your family has built a unique sports and entertainment portfolio with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Fulham and now aw uh The FIFA World Cup obviously had a massive impact in the US and its culture and elevated what the US calls soccer and its profile along the whole country. Full Of itself is in a great state as a club obviously, now Alabarbeloa joins the team. You guys had massive pieces like Kevin Oscar, Bob Josh King, Kenny Dette, among many many other outstanding players.
Speaker 5: I love this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and aw is as well looking.
Speaker 23: To expand its growth in different markets, and so with a w are we can we expect more collaboration between both brands, both clubs.
Speaker 4: I'm in Fulham and aw and as well.
Speaker 23: How key is AW two Fullham's growth in the US and vice versa? How key or important is Fulham's presence in the UK for aw's growth and thank.
Speaker 4: You for your time.
Speaker 12: Sir.
Speaker 10: What a fascinating question and you brought up things that in seven years of AW media, nobody's brought up, and I think that's just tremendous. So first of all, when you started listing some of the great Fulham players, you got me very excited because if football season is approaching, and I love talking about football, I love England and I have loved living in London and being a part of English football through the incredible full and Football Club, London's original club. And my father has built something around what is a historic legendary structure at historic legendary place, Craven Cottage in London.
Speaker 9: And.
Speaker 4: He has put Fulham Peer on the map. And this is a.
Speaker 10: Project my father has believed in for over a decade and worked on for many many years to get Fullham Peer, which is not just the matchdays, three hundred and sixty five days a year. The Peers open and it is right on the tyms and it is a really beautiful place and I think there are opportunities utilizing the real estate. There are so many AW fans throughout England. I think there are going to be opportunities for partnerships and activations. Already, AW is a sponsor of Fulham, supporting the football. I never want the wrestling to affect the football in any way because the tradition and the purity of the sport of English football throughout the country is so important.
Speaker 4: It's so strong.
Speaker 10: The bond the fans have with the sport is unlike anything I've seen anywhere, and to be a part of it and experience it, it's one of the great thrills of my life. And I do think outside the pitch, off the football matches and more looking at the full and peer side of it. I think there are opportunities for activations that would not affect the football on any way. To utilize full and peer, which again not on match days, is open year round, so the AW fans are always welcome there and we're looking to do more activations because this is a new development. There's nothing like it in London and it's something my dad is believed in to build something really special here, to build the best restaurants and the best pubs and put this great place for people to go. And of course it's at its most packed and vibrant on a match day. Yet there are many packed and vibrant days there year round.
Speaker 4: You know, we have events. People book it for weddings, holiday parties.
Speaker 10: And we have the Staft Christmas Party there, but people book it for outside events and I think AW could be involved with it. There are so many great wrestling fans in the UK and there's so many great football fans in the UK, and there is some crossover between the two, but it's also important to respect them and keep them separate from each other while still trying to leverage the opportunity. So that's part of AW becoming a sponsor. You see the AW logo in the corner at Fulham.
Speaker 4: Matches at craven Cottage year round.
Speaker 10: But also AW sponsors the Fulham women's team and you'll see AEW on the women's shirts for the Fulham women's team, which I think has been a great collaboration also and you can buy those shirts and that's kind of a neat partnership between Fulham and AW that I like.
Speaker 4: So there are a lot of opportunities for those things.
Speaker 10: But also I want Fulham to thrive as a football club and do well on the pitch, and you talked very eloquently about our new coach. I'm really thrilled about Olvarro being here, and I think we do have a great group of players and certainly will continue to add and develop and build.
Speaker 4: And it is a great opportunity for the.
Speaker 10: Club to collaborate with AW and for AW to collaborate with Fulham.
Speaker 4: Benefits both sides, and also for the fans of either of them.
Speaker 10: I want them to enjoy the experience and not have it interfere with that, but also for the fans of both, it's a unique thing to embrace and I appreciate you bringing it up. Certainly, it's the first time I think on this call that I've ever heard obviously Alvarro's name, but also Josh and Kenny, Oscar and Kevin and all the players you named, So thank you for that too.
Speaker 4: I think those guys are great.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Yes, thank you, Michael. That was wonderful.
Speaker 1: iPhone users, if you're listening to us on the Native podcast app on your iPhone, you can unlock our commercial free versions of our free shows by searching PW Torch in Apple Podcasts. You'll see a charcoal grade logo that says PW Torch vip on it. Click on that there's some free samples of VIP shows, and you can unlock the entire VIP lineup, which includes VIP exclusives plus commercial free versions of the free shows by searching PW Torch in Apple Podcasts and clicking on the pw Torch VIP logo and then activate your three day free trial and after that you can become a VIP member using your Apple account.
Speaker 2: It's that easy.
Speaker 1: Enjoy a streamline listening experience to our free shows and unlock all the VIP exclusives, including our post pay per view roundtables, the Wade Keller news bulletins, Everything with Rich and Wade, The Fix that I host with Todd Martin, and a variety of other VIP exclusives. Just search pw Torch in your Apple podcast app.
Speaker 9: I have a right in here, Tony. After the write in, we're going to go to John Alba from the Takedown on si UH. But first let's hear from Bill. Have you considered doing a Crockett Cup style tournament given the sheer amount of top level teams you have in a W plus Ring of Honor UH, C, M l L and J p W, what do you think.
Speaker 4: Tony Okay can you just so I understand. Can you read that one more time?
Speaker 10: I just want to make sure I get on sure you know different companies. I want to hear that one more time and make sure all the companies.
Speaker 9: He said, yeah, he's he's asking, uh, if you've considered doing a Crockett Cup style tournament given the sheer amount of top level teams that you have in a w and Ring of Honor, the ones and then uh, the ones you partner with when C.
Speaker 3: M, l L and n J p W.
Speaker 10: It's so cool that you asked that, because yes, I have been thinking a lot about having a big tag team tournament with teams throughout the world of wrestling. You mentioned we have a lot of great partner promotions with AW working with great companies like CML and New Japan Pro Wrestling that have great teams of their own. But also I think some of the best tag team wrestling right now is in Ring of Honor. And when you watch the Ring of Honor shows, I think that's something that really stands out.
Speaker 4: And people talk about identities.
Speaker 10: Well, I think there's a great identity and the Ring of Honor and three things that really stand out. You see a lot of that are featured very prominently, probably as prominently or more prominently than anywhere in the world of professional wrestling, are women's wrestling, pure wrestling, and tag team wrestling, and there's a lot of it, and a lot of great tag teams were building teams that are featured in AW, and some that were building up to be featured more in AW, or some that haven't come on to the show at all yet. But I think there's a lot of great tag teams, and certainly in AW we have so many of the greatest tag teams of all time right now. So with great teams in AW, including what we've got to look forward to this weekend with Coping Christian versus the Death Riders Claudio and Pack, and having the Death Riders of Mox and Osprey, who again I feel, have looked tremendous as a tag team in AW in recent weeks wrestling what might be the greatest team of all time, the Young Bucks, and knowing we have other great teams in AEW, including one of the greatest tag teams of all time like FTR, and so many great young and upcoming teams that you can see on Dynamite and Collision and in ROH plus through our partnerships in Mexico CMLL with New Japan Pro Wrestling and our other international partners. Yes, I think that's a great thought and that's something I have considered and also would like to do. Is we continue building up more women's tag teams and developing women's tag teams in AAW and ROH to try to get that same depth hopefully there too.
Speaker 4: And I really enjoyed the.
Speaker 10: Match with the Divine Dominion and the Sisters of Sin, and I thought that was a great hardcore flight on what was in my own personal opinion and excellent Wednesday night Dynamite Go Home show ahead of Redemption last night. And I think there are a lot of great tag teams women and men, and certainly with the Depths. Yes, I mean, we have argently dozens of very good men's tag teams right now throughout AW, ROH and our partnerships, and I also think there are a growing number of women's tag teams, and my goal is to keep building that up, and certainly ROH is where we have a lot of these tremendous tag teams building, including women and a lot of men, veteran tag teams and also young tag teams.
Speaker 4: Thanks for asking.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thank you very much, Bill, and I think we've got just time now for John Albat. We've had a great turnout today. Thank you everyone for joining from John Albert from the takedown of on SI is next and then we'll probably complete it after that. Tony, were they closing thoughts? John? Are you there?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 24: Thank you for agating my question and I appreciate you guys. Tony, great to chat as always. When I heard the Redemption name for the pay per view, I was thinking a lot about the promo between Kenny and Osprey, which I believe was after Dynasty, where they kind of put faith in one another, and I was saying to myself, well, man, this would make so much sense for a Kenny redemption story to go down at this pay per view in Canada. TSN published that promo that may have been filmed beforehand that mentioned that Kenny would be going for the title in Canada, but then, as we know, he'd win in a few weeks earlier. Was the original intention to run the match in Canada?
Speaker 10: And if so, what changed in that equation. Well, it's a very fair question you're asking. I do have to keep some slide of hand any things. I think we're on a really tremendous run, and it's a completely valid point you're making, and without directly saying what the order has always been or what the plans have been, I think that we've made the right moves, and certainly the company is in an incredibly strong position and at a really important time in the wrestling landscape. I've been very transparent that I'm very excited about the impending merger that I expect will happen with Warner Brothers and Paramount. I think this is going to be a tremendous thing to the people who work here overall, and I think it's going to create more opportunities for the combined company to compete in the streaming landscape. And it takes two tremendous studios, and they will continue to operate with the strength of.
Speaker 4: Two studios and have two challenger.
Speaker 10: Brands in streaming that will come together and form a top competitor, and that's the important thing. In no way we'll just resemble a monopoly, but it will be a truly competitive company that has a very good fighting chance.
Speaker 4: With the people under one roof working for David Ellison.
Speaker 10: In my opinion, and I'm excited to go be one of those people as I expect well when this thing goes through. And it's been a very exciting time for AW and to be able to go to our bosses at such a pivotal time in wrestling, with the AW viewership being the highest that's been in years over multiple weeks, and have these trends in the big data era. To be showing these kinds of numbers and to be such a strong competitor in the landscape of television professional wrestling is very very important.
Speaker 4: At the same time, the pay per views are a very important piece of this equation and we've done very very well.
Speaker 10: And since we started on pay per view last year, our biggest pay per view numbers had been the recent pay per views, with Double or Nothing a couple months ago was the biggest one we've had yet on a streak of our biggest pay per views, and Forbidden Doors significantly outperformed a lot of the events from last year, and I think relative to.
Speaker 4: Pass Forbidden Doors will be a very strong performer. And then when you.
Speaker 10: Look at having the best Double or Nothing in many ways ever and not only when I think was the best wrestling show in my own opinion, but also the.
Speaker 4: Highest live gate ever Braid of You for Double or Nothing, and.
Speaker 10: The incredible pay per view numbers are best numbers yet on HBO Max and some of our best pay per views ever, and all this is happening while we're driving our TV viewership, and I think it's been the right time to drive TV viewership. I was so proud that Each Break was the most watched AWTV show on TBS in two years, and two years ago we did not have this very important piece that we added last year in twenty twenty five with HBO Max and this streaming component that's so important for the future of aw while TBS and T and T continue to be a lifeblood for us, and places in TBS and TNT that have been great homes to professional wrestling for the better part of fifty years, and.
Speaker 4: I am very proud to continue to.
Speaker 10: Carry those traditions with Wednesdays on TBS and Saturdays on TNT. I think that that was incredible that Beach Break with Kenny Omega Versus MJF be the most watched AWTV show in years, and then to follow it up last week and have even higher viewership.
Speaker 4: It's very exciting, and I know that we're going to.
Speaker 10: Have a big summer with Redemption this Sunday and with aw all in London, and then to see the quality of the TV and the pay per views and know the pay per views have been performing really well and now the TV is the hottest that's been in years.
Speaker 4: I think that the moves we've made have been the right moves.
Speaker 10: So that's that's probably again going back to what I said at the beginning, that's a lot of information along the lines of what you were looking for, even if it's not the exact information you were looking for.
Speaker 9: Thank you, John, Thank you John Tony. We got an hour of your time.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 9: Any closing thoughts.
Speaker 4: Well, it was great.
Speaker 10: I appreciate you hosting it, Jim and Robin, and I really appreciate all of you who came out today to ask questions and be a part of this. Hopefully I got to answer all the questions. Are almost all the questions, and if there's anybody that was here that did not get to ask a question, I'll hopefully see you at Redemption or at one of the upcoming pay per views. I always do these media calls and try to answer everything we can in the hour. But also I don't really put a time limit on the post pay per view media scrums.
Speaker 4: If people come to the pay per view in person, I always want to make.
Speaker 10: Sure they get the value out of their trip and get to ask me some questions if they if they have anything they do want to ask about AW.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate you all.
Speaker 10: Being here, and I'm very much looking forward to AW Redemption this Sunday. It's the first ever AW redemption, but aw' has been around.
Speaker 4: For many years, and a lot of you on this call have been covering AAW.
Speaker 10: Since the very beginning now for over seven years, and I very much appreciate it, and hopefully see a lot of you at the show, and I hope that all of you enjoy the show and look forward to your coverage.
Speaker 4: I appreciate your fair coverage all.
Speaker 10: Of you, and thank you for coming to ask questions about the show today and talking about wrestling and continuing the conversations. And you know, it's very very important word work that you all do, and I appreciate you. Thank you for doing this today and.
Speaker 4: Jim, thanks for hosting a great of course.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'll tell you what to You may have quite a scrum on Sunday night because we had quite a line up here, great turnout for this press conference that you just conducted, and we were not able to get to everybody. So to everybody who joined us today, real profound thanks. We are now at the end of our time, but you know, per custom, we're going to be distributing an audio recording of this to all the attendees here shortly and also as you know we do. We want to give you the most our deepest appreciation and thanks for all you do for AW and professional wrestling. You're all part of the industry and we're very grateful and we look forward to seeing you in Montreal on Sunday night. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Your time is valuable. Go vip and listen to our show's commercial free a nice streamline listening experience. Pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on a commercial free listening experience, and with a full VIP membership, you can create custom feeds for individual shows or groups of shows by theme, and also unlock nearly four decades of archives and access our ad free website with VIP exclusive content. Pw Torch dot com slash go VIP. Your time is valuable, and that's one of the reasons we offer VIP membership PW torch dot com slash go VIP. You can participate in the Wadkeller Pro Wrestling podcast by emailing your question or topic to Weadkeller Podcast at gmail dot com. You can also participate in the Waykeller post shows by emailing Weadkellerpost Show at gmail dot com during or write after rad Dynamite or smackdowne Let your voice, let your opinions be heard on our shows via email. Weightkeller Podcast at gmail dot com for the flagship and Weadkellerpost Show at gmail dot com for our post shows. It's next level coverage that you come to expect from the PW Torch brand and no AI, no rookie perspectives, no unfounded rumors, no clickbait, no deceptive headlines, just high quality writing, breaking news and fascinating flashbacks every day at PW torch dot com. Pull yourself away from the evacuous social media experience that I know many of you regret once you get lost in it for minutes, if not hours at a time, and settle in for high quality PW Torch branded wrestling coverage. Admit it, you love Nick Barbatti when he co hosts with me on the Wade Keller Post Shows. Well, now you can listen to him every week on The Nicky's Club, a VIP exclusive podcast. Here's Nick to tell you more.
Speaker 8: Hey wrestling fans, It's Nick Barbatty and I'm back with the Nicky's Club, the place where the family of Nicky's comes together for big laughs and Shark takes on WWE for Wrestlmania rumors to surprise returns. I got you covered, the Nickys Club where the wrestling feels like the coolest club in town.
Speaker 1: Nick Barbatty wants to be part of your pro wrestling life every week, So why not let him go vip pw torch dot com slash go vip for full details on signing up. We're compatible with Patreons, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and just about any other iOS or Android app out there. You can also stream directly from our ad free VIP website, The Nikki's Club waiting for you every week at PW Torch vip. Did you know that you can enjoy commercial free versions of all of your favorite weight color podcasts and pw torch daily casts on Spotify. Just go to patreon dot com search pw Torch and subscribe to a VIP membership tier. You get a seven day free trial by the way to kick the tires a bit and see if you like the service, and then sync it with Spotify and you can listen to commercial free versions of our free shows like the Waykeller post shows, the Weightkeller Podcast, Flagship, our Flashbacks, and also the pw torch Daily cast lineup again all commercial free and nice streamline listening experience, but with third tier membership you can also unlock all the VIP podcasts, including Everything with Rich and Wade, to Fix with Todd Martin that I host with Todd every week, the Wadkeller News bulletins, post pay per view roundtables, and an array of other VIP exclusive podcasts with different hosts and different themes. Check out the lineup. Go to Patreon and search pw torch and subscribe and sync it up with Spotify or stay within the Patreon ecosystem. Either way works. Go to Patreon and start your seven day free trial if you're listening to us on the Apple podcast app on Spotify or any other app that allows you to rate our podcast. Please take a moment to give us a five star rating. It really helps us in the algorithm and helps them know that you recommend us to others. Just look for a place to rate the show on Spotify, on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you're listening to our shows, and please click that five star rating, and of course thank you so much for listening. A PW Torch VIP membership doesn't just give you add free access to these shows and a ton of other VIP exclusive podcasts throughout the week, but you also gain access to our unmatched vast library of wrestling history, our contemporaneous week to week coverage through our progressing Torch weekly newsletters dating back to the late nineteen eighties, along with streaming and download access to hundreds of retro radio shows from the nineteen nineties, including some of my interviews with wrestling's top newsmakers in the nineties, and also our podcast library dating back to year two thousand and three. There's no larger, longer spanning pro wrestling podcast library than that that comes with a PW Torch VIP membership. Now we're approaching twenty years of podcasting, Go VIP and dive into our post pay per view roundtables are covered with some of your favorite eras of wrestling, top name long form interviews, and special format podcasts that we've done throughout the years. Pw torch dot com slash go VIP. We have a streamline sign up for me and you can pay it with PayPal or directly with your credit card or debit card. In one or two minutes from right now, you can be a VIP member and diving into our library. PW torch dot com slash go vip