Speaker 1: It's nice time with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy Boston's new radio.
Speaker 2: All Right, we have reached the twentieth hour. I told you if you stuck with us, we'd get you to Saturday. We're within an hour of Saturday now, so please, we have one hour to go. And it's Mother's Day weekend this weekend. And look, I don't know if your mom is alive or has passed on and is in heaven, but this is a weekend that all of us need to spend a moment or two thinking about our moms and what they have meant to us while they were alive, or if they're still alive, and all of that. So this is a night that I'd like to get people an opportunity just to remember and tell a story, hopefully be an upbeat story about your mom and in many cases that what she sacrificed for all of us these Again, I just I give this as an opportunity. It's as simple as that. While you dial in and get set and jump on board, just tell us a story, tell us a lesson you learned. I remember my mother used to always teach me the lesson which I really haven't learned as well. And I think every whenever I do this, she always says, she would say to me, remember Danny self, praise is no praise, And I've tried to take that to heart, you know. Or she would kid me and say, don't patch yourself on the back. As she was a mom that that really cared for her children in the nineteen fifties and sixties, and you know, older generation passed much too young an age as far as I was concerned, miss her to this day. Again, your your parents are the people who who bring you up. They do everything for you, including changing your diapers, which of course I'm seeing once again played out with a couple of grandchildren. At this point, it's been a while, but you just realize the the the total love that you receive from a parent. You know, it's it's a different it's it's just an a total and complete, unselfish love. They bring you into the world and then they try to set you straight. And I know that there are some parents who are better than others, and some parents provide more financial support than others. But I still think that a parent's love is a different type of love that it is. It asks very little in return. When you think about it. Most of us who are in relationships with adults, you try to, you know, keep that relationship as balanced as possible, and you try to be as nice to the other person and hope that they'll be as nice to you. And about fifty percent of those relationships ended up in divorce, but in the vast majority of cases, with few exceptions, and there are some pretty tragic exceptions. But there's there's something special about parents, and there's certainly something special about moms. So six thirty six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty let me hit the week very quickly. It's been a memorable week. A memorable week. We started off each night, We've we hit four four topics. We talked on Monday night about voke ed reform in Massachusetts badly needed. Talked about the air traffic control problem at Newark and elsewhere, talked about student loans and credit scores, and talked about kids and teens and ADHD. We continued with Jamie Gass at the Pioneer Institute about the whole question of reducing vogue ed education to a lottery, which I think is a mistake. I shared a personal story where I came very close to hitting a bicyclist last Sunday morning, no fault of my own. I actually was sworn enough and observant enough to notice this guy coming down Washington Street, down an incline, so going downhill and just flying. And I thank god that I saw him, because he would have ended up as a hoodo ornament on my car. He blew right through a red light, never slowed down, never even attempted to stop. I hope he I hope that he that he made a mistake and he you know, didn't blackout, but just you know, was not thinking on a Sunday morning. Then on Tuesday, we talked about early onset for puberty for kids these days much earlier. Talked about Massachusetts not being the best date in the Union according to US News and World Report Number I think that was respectable, but New Hampshire was number two in Utah number one. Talked about the Seawan Did Combs trial, talked about five foods that damaged your brain. Then we talked with two county sheriffs here from Massachusetts in the nine o'clock hour, Pat McDermott of Norfolk County, Tom Bowler, Sheriff Bowler, and Sheriff McDermott, Sheriff Bowler of Berkshire County, talked about for two hours. On Tuesday night, President Trump invited and received the new Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney at the White House, and they both were very polite and diplomatic. Trump was still trolling a little bit, but he refrained from some of his usual jabs that he took at Justin Trudeau and treated Mark Conney much more respectfully. Thankfully. Wednesday night, learned how to stop the bleed. We talked about Operation Warm Coats and Shoes. Talked about underage patrons at a low pub with a really good reporter from The low Son, Melody Gilbert. Talked with Sandra Fava, a lawyer in New Jersey who's a cancer survivor and she's not only survived cancer, but she's prospering as a lawyer. Talked with Alison Kuznitz of the State House News Service about the fact that maybe maybe we'll have some action on banning cell phones for kids while in school. Of course, on Wednesday, that was the day that we were talking about the conclave with Professor Thomas Groom. The conclave was underway and we talked with him for an hour. Then we talked about Donald Trump trolling a lot of people on his suggestion of reopening Alcatraz. Don't think that's ever going to happen. Thursday night, talked about osteoporosis and an arthritis awareness. Talk with Sheriff Donna Buckley, She's the only female sheriff here in Massachusetts. Talk with Bob Ryan about the Celtics Knicks series, which is not going in the right direction. Talked with a really interesting guy last night, Adam Vibe Gunton. He is a leader of a recovery movement and we're going to talk with him one of the hours next week. I forget which night it was. I wish I had written that down when Marita told me today, but I will. We'll talk about talk with him next week. I think it may be Monday night as a matter of fact, so just bear that in mind. And of course, last night we spent three hours talking about the election of Pope Leo the Fourth. We brought Professor Tom Groom from Boston College back and also Professor Mary and Glendon. She's a Harvard Law School professor who had been a US ambassadors the Vatican under George Bush. Bush forty three, and then tonight we talked about a wheelchair repair bill, which I think needs to get passed pretty quickly with Adams, a good reporter from the State House News Service. Talked with Alexandra Sherry Dorriles about the annual Mother's Day Walk for Peace on this Sunday, Mother's Day. Just a really important event and one that I hope some of you will think of participating in that is now the I think it's the twenty ninth year that moms are walking for Peace in Dorchester in memory of Lewis Brown. Talked with Geene Duffy about soccer games, soccer Granny's at an event in South Africa. Talked with Bob Shick of Walpole. He knew Pope Leo when he was Robert Francis Privo in a seminary back in the early nineteen seventies, and we in the nine o'clock hour talked about the release of the toughest graduate student, which I think is overdue and the administration I think overreacted and I think the optics on that were horrible and there was no effort to provide any information as to why she would have been taken into custody. And the last hour we talked with Bruce Mittman about the state of radio in America. So that's it. We got lines of filling up six one seven two four thirty six one seven nine. We're going to be back. We're going to do our annual Tribute to Mothers to your mom on Mother's Day, for us to pay tribute to your mom and what she did for you and your family. You got a call. We're coming back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dana on Boston's News Radio. It's night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get rolling here. We're going to start off with my pal Mark down in Maryland. Hey, Mark, appreciate you calling in. How are you tonight, sir?
Speaker 3: Bless my mother not hand no more. She died back in January.
Speaker 2: So that's too recent. Mark. How How old a lady was your mom when she passed?
Speaker 3: She was eighty and we was close. We never was so hot on every issue, but I still loved the world, love them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. Mom said they'd be a little independent. So uh uh. You know you did you have a big family growing up or how many children in your family? Yeah?
Speaker 3: All together is three boys less than three girls.
Speaker 2: Six kids. That was that was a lot for your for your parents to handle, That's for sure. But uh, you know you'll be thinking of her this this weekend, I'm sure. And and if a tear comes to your eye, that's only shows how much she loved you. Mark, you know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm still trying to figure. I want to play is not working that? Well?
Speaker 2: What's working? Your your your computer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm listening on the u AHAP, but I'm a figure. I want to I don't want to miss too much of your show on Let's just go to listen to on the podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we got the podcast for you. They'll be posted every night. I wish I could uh send your radio. It could be that you're in somewhere with a little bit of interference, But just keep keep working, keep calling. You one of my best listeners in Maryland, and I.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you doing a great job.
Speaker 2: You're the best.
Speaker 4: Mark.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you very kind. Enjoy your weekend and think about your mom. Okay, a lot of people will be thinking about it because of your call. Okah, bye, Mark, talk to you soon. Good night. Let me go next to Christine and Denim. Christine, you were next on nightside gor Hey.
Speaker 5: Christine, Hi, Dan, how are you good?
Speaker 2: Is your mom still with us? I hope?
Speaker 5: Yes, she's at the German Home in West Rock far all right?
Speaker 2: Right right? You had mentioned that how's she doing doing okay? Yes?
Speaker 5: Say she had kind of a bad day, yes, but could come through today good. So it's Monday at a time.
Speaker 6: How many in your family as a child, three boys and two girls, five.
Speaker 2: Of us, Well, right up there, that's still a bit. That's a big family by today's standards, might not have been by fifty years ago. But that's that's a lot of work for mom.
Speaker 5: Right right, exactly exactly. She she means the world to me, Dan. She she's always been there for all of us. She she never she stopped working when she had all of us. She was always there for everything, qaras. She always raised us to stay together. And she always said be kind the people. Open doors to people. You never know how small a world that convey. You don't know who who, So you never talk bad about people because you never know. But you always instilled that enough and always.
Speaker 2: Yes, they they embodied a lot of wisdom, didn't they. And they nobody, nobody cares cares more. I think, uh for you, uh that those first few years, I mean they literally mold you. You know, by time you get out and you're an adult, you've developed all of your habits, your good habits and your bad habits. But they try to make every one of their children just you know, perfect for the world. And uh, unfortunately we're not perfect for the world. But it's not because of them lack of try. And that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Christine right, she's such a good mom to me. I love her so much.
Speaker 2: She's a well do me a favorite when you see her? Would you do me a favorite? I know the German Home. I visited the German Home many times. Well, please give her a big hug and a kiss from me.
Speaker 7: Okay, I will.
Speaker 5: Know you WFE on Facebook at tonight.
Speaker 2: I was briefly because I was trying to very quickly, I messed up. I'm glad you mentioned that I was on the wrong Facebook page last night. Yeah, and I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my show, and I figured it out. I went on to my wrong page. I went on to a personal page. So tonight I will do uh and a couple of good listeners of me of mine today said to me, what happened to your to your to your nightside postgame last night? So every night after the show, I'm on night side with Dan Ray and I I'm going to try to get back on there. I'm kind of a goof when it comes to technical stuff. Christine, I'm not that good.
Speaker 5: It's not just do it's me too, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, thanks Christine, I see at midnight.
Speaker 8: Thanks good guys, say dry.
Speaker 2: You too will try to do that. Let me go next to Steve from Chickapee out in western Massachusetts. Hey Steve, how are you welcome?
Speaker 9: Hi Dan, Hi Steve.
Speaker 4: I made my mother's birthday very special back in November twenty fourth of nineteen sixty one. Is I was born on her birthday, so we shared that together.
Speaker 2: WHOA, that's a one out of three hundred and sixty five shot. Huh.
Speaker 4: Yeah. My twin sisters were born in my parents' anniversary. My late brother was on Halloween and my other brother was almost on Labor Day, So pretty good time in Yeah. Anyways, Steph's family, Yeah, yeah, she passed August seventh of twenty ten, but she did lose her son when she was thirty eight. He drowned back in seventy two.
Speaker 9: How old?
Speaker 4: Only fourteen?
Speaker 2: Oh God, what a horrific.
Speaker 4: So she didn't Yeah, so she didn't want to get out of bed for three days, but she said, I got to get out of bed. You know, I got four more kids to raise. So we're a family of five.
Speaker 2: So well between Mark, Mark with five siblings, Christine and you with four siblings, that's a lot. So your brother drowned at the age of fourteen.
Speaker 4: Was see how May May twenty seventh or seventy two, and he almost brought my other brother down with a in his Panic and Jump was a strong swimmer, but they said he either had solder and cramped up.
Speaker 8: But in that little.
Speaker 4: Web river in Dixfield, Maine, it's a current right off. They call it Brigady Rock. And years before a girl died in the same area. So he might have got pulled down by a current.
Speaker 8: We don't know for.
Speaker 2: Sure, but I assume that that water was pretty cold in May up in Maine.
Speaker 4: Yeah cool, Yeah, it could have been a lot of factors. We don't know, like I said, And they found them two days later, and you know, it was it was a sad day for the town and for our family. But anyways, she was a doting mother. She even put high school clothes over the kitchen chairs every morning we're going to school.
Speaker 8: Ye Oh yeah, I can identify with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a common thing back then because and.
Speaker 2: In those days the clothes were ironed, you know.
Speaker 4: I yeah, she was a great but I was as close to her as my other siblings were. But I was the youngest of five, so I was the last one to leave the house at twenty four. So she she did her best. You know, both girls did. They all do their best as we do too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we try, we try. I don't think we can equal the devotion that they that they gave to us. Steve that thanks, thanks for checking in from Chickapee. I I want more listeners in Chickapee, and I want more people in western Massachusetts to call in, So I thank you for doing that.
Speaker 10: YO.
Speaker 4: Welcome all right, buddy, time la have.
Speaker 2: A great weekend. Thanks, have a great Now, I'm gonna get one more in here before the break. Where am I going to go next? I'm gonna go to Bill in New York? Bill whereabouts in New York. You calling in from tonight?
Speaker 11: Uh no, Watertown area.
Speaker 2: Oh up, up, I know where that is, absolutely So tell us about your mom.
Speaker 11: I well, I grew up in the Pittsburgh, mass area. And uh a friend of mine and I were out egging cars when we were kids in the early eighties, and uh we till we get away with everything. And this guy that we hit the car with the egg. He came running down the road and my buddy went one way, and I just pretended like nothing ever happened.
Speaker 2: And big mistake.
Speaker 9: Take me up.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, Well he picked picked me up by the scruff of my neck. He says, where do you live? I pointed to my house, and he brought me up to uh my front door, ring the doorbell. My mother answered, and she said, put my son down. Why are you touch my son? Yagged my car and I my mother says, Billy, did you do that? I said, no, min I didn't do that. Put my son down, and she told him to leave the porch. I came inside and she commenced beating my behind and I said, Ma, what are you doing? She said, you have a yoke all over your shoes.
Speaker 2: So so she defended you. She protected you, and then she disciplined you. Now that's a mother.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I'll tell you what. I never lied to my other ever again after that. God rest his soul. She passed away in twenty nineteen, and I miss her every day and I think about her every day because of that. She taught me to do the right thing even if nobody's looking.
Speaker 2: Boy, what a great lesson. And I think it's great. She defended you, uh, and she did the she she handled that perfectly perfectly. I mean that she she was. That was a flawless She had to have been pretty shaken up when some how old were you at the time, Bill.
Speaker 8: I had to have been twelve, maybe, yeah, you were.
Speaker 2: You were feeling your oats. She figured it out. Bill, that was a great call. That was a great call. Hopefully they may feel more like that. You had a great mom. She handled it right. Thank you.
Speaker 11: It was a beautiful woman. And then I appreciate everything she taught me.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate your calling tonight. And by the way, how's the signal up in upstate New York?
Speaker 11: It's great on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Excellent, excellent. Well, thank you very much. More people should get the iHeart app bring it down. Make us your number one pre set Bill call more off and I love hearing from you. Man. That was a great story. Thank you so much.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 2: Talk to you soon. Have a great night. We got a quick break coming up here for the news at the bottom of the eye. We're going to be right back at it. The only line that is open right now, here's the tip six one seven nine three, one ten thirty. I'm looking at the screen six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Everything else is full. Back on Nightside after.
Speaker 1: This night Side with Dan Ray onbs Boston's news radio. Night Side with Dan Ray on WBSY, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we're talking about your mom. Actually you're talking about your Let's go next to Ron in Newton. Ron, tell us about your mom.
Speaker 7: Hi, Dan, My mom's name is Pauline, and she didn't basically the foundation for my abilities to persevere in the face of anything that was put before me. She was a mother of eight of us for seventy years. You know how many marriages can can state seventy years amazing And while there were eight of us, we all felt equal. She all made us feel that way, amazing that we always had nutritious meals when we left, and this is a time when there were no dishwashers and microwaves. We had, as you had mentioned earlier, press clothing to go to school. We always felt stylish.
Speaker 8: Yep, and.
Speaker 7: I miss her a lot. Every morning I say prayer and thank God for everything that I've been grateful that I have, and in the same moment, I thank my mom for all that she did to make me who I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you've had some interesting adventures in your in your field, including working as someone who's on a twenty four hour call for emergency activity. And you've gone to you know, nine to eleven and Iran and Haiti and I think New Orleans from some of the stories you've told me. So she brought up some some good young people. She and her she and her her husband, so pretty special family ron as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Dan, thanks for having us in. The calls were terrific tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everyone's a little different. You were the first that that mentioned your name, your mom's name, and I forgot to mention my mom's name was Catherine with a C and uh uh. Our daughter is named after her and her her her grandmother and on both sides, Catherine Florence. My wife's mom's name was Florence, and so you know those those names very very important names as they're handed down through from one generation to the next. So thanks Ron, I really do appreciate it, as always appreciate you the loyalty to this program as well. Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Dan.
Speaker 2: All right, man, talk soon, have a great weekend. Stay drive. Let me go to Jake is in Roxby. Hey, Jake, welcome to Night'side.
Speaker 8: How are you, hey, Dan? Long time. I appreciate your call us tonight really sounds really great.
Speaker 2: Is this your first time calling Jake?
Speaker 8: No, No, we go back a bit, back up, just when our blood's passed a while. We I've called a couple of times, but I listened every night to you. I just don't call them very often.
Speaker 2: Thanks well, thanks very much. Feel free any night, any night the spirit moves you. Tell us about your mom.
Speaker 8: Hey, my mom. Her name was Slant Slant Cardoza. She has passed about six years now, and she had a great saying. We had five kids. There were three boys, two girls, and my big brother. He graduated from Cathedral back in seventy four, So we're in minority family. So you can imagine the adversity that we went through back in those days.
Speaker 2: Those those are rough days. That was the height of bus sing. But Cathedral was a great high school. It's passed passed on, but Boy was a great high school at.
Speaker 8: The time, right run by the outstats back in those days, and also on the trains were up and things of that nature. Have memories of all of that type of stuff. So I'm also a child of the bussing. When I all first started and she, you know, she sent us to school. We had to have blankets, things of that nature. Always made sure all of us, all five of us had a me and clothes on our back and things of that nature. So a lot of us, you know, life and we moved a lot. So we have a great kind of knowledge of the city because of how many different places I've lived on the streets that no longer exist because they've been developed, and things of that nature. But anyway, she had a great saying. Her name was also her name was Florence, Florence, and so her saying, well, she was five to three and all of the sons were always taller than her. She always said, hey, I'm a little piece of leather, but I'm well put together. So she had a very very staunched way of looking at you, and you knew, well, if mama is crossed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, if mama isn't happy, no one's going to be happy, is what you're telling me exactly.
Speaker 8: In those sayings. You know, she always tell you I'm a little piece of leather, but I'm well put together. And that was the warning for you that the you know, the the Fairy's coming out and it's gonna be a lot of fire going on. So yeah, yeah, she had a lot of fighting her.
Speaker 2: That's great, good, that's great. Hey, Jake, that's a that's a great story. You know, it's funny. But you you mentioned her size. Yeah, we get five threes pretty normal for for a mom. Uh but I'm a little piece of leather, but I'm well put together. That I'm gonna remember that one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I mean, you know, you'd have to look down at her because she's five three and all of a sudden, when I was younger, I'm you know, five babe, some sick three. Now all of my brothers at least six feet, so you know, even the girls. Everybody was just taller than her because she was. She was very well and down and just short and definitely put you in your place with without fear. Everyone knew who would boss.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, she ran the house. She ran the house. It's as simple as that. Hey, Jake, I love the call. Great call again, thanks for reminding us of your mom. And hopefully she's listening in a better place tonight and she's smiling listening to the show.
Speaker 8: Okay, I appreciate the opportunity. Thank you very much, Daniel, callings were great.
Speaker 2: All right, come on back soon. Thanks very much. Let's keep rolling here on night Side. As we head towards some Saturday morning, I got John in Drake Att, Massachusetts. John and Draket you were next on Nightside. Welcome. Tell us about your mom, Hey, Dan.
Speaker 12: My mom was Marie Francis Kalella.
Speaker 11: She was Italian.
Speaker 12: Of course, she married an Irish gentleman, my father, Bob Joyce. My mother passed away in thirteen, in twenty thirteen, and she.
Speaker 8: Was just unbelievable.
Speaker 12: She had the comedic value that came right to me as a comedian. My mother was just the funniest person on the earth. And she just made it. We had six kids in my family and she had nine brothers and sisters. And if anybody ever wants to hear exactly how funny she is, go to YouTube and put in my Rejoyce jam Scam. I play that every single time I do a show at the end of my show, to remember just how funny my mother was there, just absolutely iconic. And she roasted me on my fortieth birthday. And I miss her so much, and she was just something else. And that says it all. Marie Joye jam Scam. I'll tell you folks at home that.
Speaker 9: Are listening to your show, and she listened to.
Speaker 12: You every night. Dan every night should call me Dan, raise on. Don't forget Dan, Ray's forget Dan.
Speaker 2: I love her even more now.
Speaker 9: She loved the show.
Speaker 12: She listened and would listen together, and she should hear me call in bobbies on again.
Speaker 9: It was just something else, Dan.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you she really enjoyed your show.
Speaker 12: And she loved the Red Sox and I miss her so much. She was just something else.
Speaker 9: It really was.
Speaker 2: You know, Dad's in a different way, but Mom's really special because that is the love that they provide. It's unconditional and they don't necessarily always you know, they'll they'll give you a pat on the back or a little little bit of a tap on the butt as well. But they love unconditioned.
Speaker 12: In the sure time. She had the old Italian spool right from the sauce.
Speaker 4: But she was the best.
Speaker 7: She was the best, and she was a great cook.
Speaker 12: Of course, being Italian, of course, with her brothers and sisters, and every Sunday was a long meal at that breezeway table.
Speaker 2: And wouldn't you love to be able to just go back there one Sunday and recreate it? Huh?
Speaker 12: Yes, just all brothers and sisters on one side, and all the nephews and nieces. I have fifty one first cousins.
Speaker 2: How do you keep them straight?
Speaker 9: Jeez?
Speaker 12: I know it's unbelievable. But one of great big family she has. Of course you carry it right on to you know, six of us, four sisters and me.
Speaker 11: And my brother.
Speaker 12: Just an amazing, amazing family.
Speaker 2: And your mom roasted you for your forty birthdays?
Speaker 12: Who roasted me? I still have it. I have the outtakes too, And like I said, if you get a second day and you're all alone a little bit later or a Sunday morning, Marie Joyce, Jim Scaled and you will die all.
Speaker 2: Right, man. Thanks John, I appreciate it so much. We'll talk soon. Have a good one.
Speaker 9: Thanks you.
Speaker 2: These are great stories, they really are. Let me keep rolling here, I got uh, Matt in bright, Matt, I'm gonna get you, and so you don't have to wait here, you go right ahead, Matt.
Speaker 1: Hey, Okay.
Speaker 13: I just want to say how awesome this is to hear everyone speak about their mother and how touching it is. So I appreciate you getting everybody this opportunity. You know, for my mother, her name is Cheryl or or Hia her Hebrew name. And you know, I always say she's who gave me my heart, and who gave me being grounded and compassionate for others and never gave up on me ever do everything and just treated me so well it made me feel so loved and knew just to treat all the others the same way. And you know, she would go into work at seven o'clock, come home at seven pm, worked in the city in a schedule building for Oosha, and just always made time for me. And you know, I had a parent who is a Holocaust survivor and just you know, really worked her hard for her home wife and from now we're retired with my dad.
Speaker 2: And that's an amazing, an amazing life when you when you think about what she endured and then you know how she continued. Everybody so far tonight has come from big families. How many siblings did you have, Matt? It's just me, just you well, you know something that's a different type of maternal love. I mean, she poured everything into you. And I can hear it in your voice. I really can. Yeah. And I know that a lot of the people called before and they were three or four or five siblings, uh, and and they got loved by every one of them got loved by their mother. But it's when you're an only son that's pretty special. That's pretty special. How long has she been gone?
Speaker 3: Mad?
Speaker 2: Is she's still with us?
Speaker 13: No, she's well excellent, that's so she always Uh you know, can I.
Speaker 2: Make a suggestion to you, Matt? You will have this posted? Noah, who's who's producing the programs? And I'll have this posted. That was pretty impressive what you said. Uh, why don't you play that for her over the weekend? I think she get a big kick out of it. If she's not well, I will.
Speaker 13: I appreciate it and thank you. And everybody's mother who's not there. I hope you're looking down and in a good place, and they're all looking down.
Speaker 2: None of them are looking up. We know that about moms, no doubt about that. Hey, Matt, appreciate you. Call talk soon, Okay.
Speaker 8: God bless thank you, right back at you.
Speaker 2: Thanks, good night, quick break coming back. I got Christian, Tim, Gary, and John. You're all set. The only line well, I got one line at six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. I will try to get all five in if a fifth joins us, but I guarantee you Christian, Tim, Gary and John are all set. Coming back on night's side as we wrapped the week, and we wrapped the.
Speaker 1: Hour night Side with Dan Ray on news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna wrap it up here. We're gonna get everybody in. Next up is John in New York. John, I got you and three more so go ahead.
Speaker 9: John, Hi, Ray, do you hear me? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yes, John, I can hear you. My first name is Dan, my last name is Ray. You go right ahead.
Speaker 9: I'm very sorry. I'm driving in the rain. And it's very stressful.
Speaker 2: Shoot, no problem. Be careful tell us about whereabouts are you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where are you? Uh?
Speaker 9: I'm outside of Schenectady, New York.
Speaker 2: All right, be careful. What tell us about your mom?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, you took the words out of my mouth early. I was gonna say. You know, there's nothing like a mother's mother. It's so unique and special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no question, there's just no question. How is your mom still with us?
Speaker 9: I hope now. She died from a brain aneurysm in two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she was too young.
Speaker 9: No, she was like sixty eight years old.
Speaker 2: That's too young. Ye as much too, You're much too young. Oh my goodness. How many children did she have?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 9: My brother, my sister. My sister died from uh, pancreatic cancer about ten years ago.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one too, man. That's that's tough.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is tough. And my wife died in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Man, man, how are you doing?
Speaker 9: You know, there's one thing, one thing I think about all the time. My mother told me, Yeah, she because I think about my mother and my wife, like every night before I go to sleep and when I wake up. In the morning, believe or not, probably ever since they both died. All right, And my mother sends to me one time when my feelings were deeply hurt from you know, in that Uh, I stood up to this, right, she said to me, John, Uh, it's better to have loved than never has loved at all. That is so true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, better to have loved and lost than never who have never to have loved it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, right, I didn't see you said the whole thing.
Speaker 10: I didn't, you know.
Speaker 9: I cut it short.
Speaker 2: But we got no, we got we got the point, man, We got the point. How are you doing now?
Speaker 9: I'm doing fine. I work for General and Schenectady. I'm on my way home now, and I'm seventy years old, and I'm thinking to retire and then their future maybe in a couple of weeks, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, keep us posted. Have you ever called me before? Is this your first time?
Speaker 9: I called in and spoke today? Uh? The car guys last week.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll do me a favor. Do it become more of a regular caller and a regular listener as well. Okay, I want to, uh, I want to get to know your bit more. You sound like a great guy, and I really appreciate you taking the time tonight to to share your story with my audience, because it's good. It was a good that's okay.
Speaker 9: I absolutely love your program. I like I love you WBZ. I used to listen to you just directly on the car radio, you know, getting the groundwave at night. You know how that goes. It sounds like short wave hitting in and out. But I'd hear about eighty percent of what you would saying, and then the other twenty I'd have to fill in the blanks, you know. But now I'm listening on an iHeart app in the car through the dashboard, you know, with the system, and you sound like you sound like you're in the studio with men.
Speaker 2: That's that's perfect. That's perfect.
Speaker 9: And one other quick thing I like to mention, I'm an amateur radio operator, you know, hand radio operata. Yeah, and of course you get to speaking to people all around the place, the whole world.
Speaker 14: And I want to tell you that you I was very well called Fight to be a syndicated national radio program.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. It's very kind of you on the station like WBC. It's it is the equivalent of of a syndicated show. Hey John, I gotta run here because they got three sitting here. Are gonna get to all of them. We're gonna try to get all right. Thanks man, thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Call again.
Speaker 2: You money, be well, be well, have a good one. Let me go to Gary, Gary, help me out here. You're a little late. I know I'm really late.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Gary, I'll make it fast. I'll tell the good stuff at the end. My mother I delivered the Eagle tribut your newspapers when I was a kid, fifteen years old. It was a rainy day and my mother was coming in the driveway with a car, and she ran over all the newspapers. I said, now, look what you did. I don't believe this. I had one hundred papers to deliver. I called the Tribune. I said, my mother destroyed all my newspapers. They brought it back a couple of hours later, delivered to all the customers after six o'clock at no He said, what the heck to my newspaper, Bess. I told the story. My mother drove over the car the papers. I said that laugh, you're off the hook. It's funny to you, but not to me.
Speaker 8: But not that.
Speaker 10: Sorry, it's true, all right. It was an awesome awesome Im.
Speaker 2: Thanks thanks so much. Gary, talk to you soon. Let me get to real quickly, Tim, Tim, can you be quick for me? Man, I'm tight on time. Oh Dan, Hey Jim.
Speaker 6: Thanks to taking my call. Make this quick. My mother right when I was I played football, baseball, ran track. Fondest memory. I have my mother my first touchdown I ever did. She said she proud of me, kissing me and everything. So she's going food shop and she goes wait around for me and take in the bundles. So anyhow, she goes about three hours away up there where.
Speaker 10: The heck is she?
Speaker 6: He comes home, says, the bundles are in the cage, down and get him. You know what's in the car on top of the bundles. No, a cashmere coat. Whoo, that's them all all right, only cashmere coat and moving all.
Speaker 2: Right, Thanks Tim, thank you so much. No, what do I got left here? Thirty seconds? Okay? Unfortunately, Christian and Peabody, I'll give you ten seconds. Give a shout out to your mom.
Speaker 15: Go ahead, Christian, WHOA, that's quick. My mom was a waitress at OPAP for thirty one years.
Speaker 9: All right, real quickly.
Speaker 15: When she was in her fifties, she took up running. We're marathons and one day were like, what what happened to you? She's eighty six months ago, six kids.
Speaker 2: All right, gotta go, gotta go, Christian, Thank you much man, great call, great call. I wish he gave you more time. Done for the night, done for the week. I'll be on Facebook real quickly. We'll end as always, All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie raised the past fifteen years ago. That's where your pets are. We passed. They love you and you love them. You'll see them again