Speaker 1: Hey, what's up, guys. This is d Do us a favorite and check out our Patreon page. It's patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse. You get both Teamhouse episodes and Eyes on Geopolitics episodes completely ad free. You get them early too. You can ask us questions. You can also watch the Team House episodes live as we shoot them, so and you help support the show and support what we're doing here. It's Patreon dot com Slash the Teamhouse. Those links are in the description, or if you're listening, it's in the show notes down below, so you can click it real quick and easy, and it helps us keep the lights on. So we appreciate it, and we appreciate you guys listening. Thanks a bunch. Hey everybody, welcome to another episode of Eyes on Geopolitics, a midweek episode. It's been busy around here, so might as well do an extra episode a week. We have Jack Murphy for our resident Irishman, so happy Saint Patrick's Day to everybody who celebrates. Jonathan Hackett and Andy Milburn. Lot going on as usual. We just saw yes just like update like terms of news, we saw the Defense Ministry get smoked uh in Iran yesterday or last night, I guess they they confirmed it. We have a bunch of news actually that happened, and we didn't talk about this before him, but we just saw Joe Kent, the he's like head of CT resign and say because of the Iran war and that Israel basically dog walked us in. I really wanted to talk about because I've seen it like popping up in the press and like actually talking to like regular people that are like a lot of people are worried about like a possible like Iranian sleeper cell attack or or hesbla sleeper cell attack, and I wanted to talk to the experts to see like what the actual like is it actually possible? Is there a real threat? We've seen a couple three actually attacks, one in a synagogue that was a Lebanese person who's whose family died. He rammed into the synagogue and killed a few people. We also saw the tech the Austin shooter and the uh what was what for? Was he at what? There's another guy too that shot up a bunch of people and then the cadets stabbed.
Speaker 2: Them and killed them in university and yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: So we've seen like these lone wolfs. As far as we know, it's a lone wolf attack, not like these organized where they could trace it back to like a sleeper cell, you know, Iranian intelligence or hesbola. So I have the experts here, So you guys tell me how how much how at risk are we in the United States?
Speaker 2: I can go first few on. So I was a counter intelligence agent. This is exactly the kind of stuff we looked at both inside the US and against our allies and partners as well. And counter intelligence always looks through the eyes of the adversary, which we call red, to understand the red's perception of blue, which is the friendly forces. So in this situation, and I'm looking through the eyes of hesbolla to think about how do they want to do stuff inside this country? And they have people here, they have ideas, they have goals that they want to achieve. But there's a missing ingredient for any threat, and that is capability. So they could have intent all day long, they can dream about these big plans, but if they don't have the capability to do it, it's very low threat, right. So that's what we're always looking for from the exploitation side and the neutralization side as far as counter intelligence is concerned. That's what the FBI is going to be looking at right now, is Okay, they have the intent. Not much we can do about that. You can't kill an idea, but we can reduce capability on their side, or we can look at the things they might be interested in and get ahead of them so that when they go try to use those capabilities they don't work out the way they expected them to. This is kind of a basic level to look at this picture. When we talk about sleeper cells, it's important to find what does that mean, because, like you mentioned d, there might be an inspired lone wolf that just doesn't attack. That's not a sleeper cell. Sleeper cell, but definitily is a much deeper, long term thing where the person was sent there way ahead of time with a very simple mission statement, and they remain quiet and integrated into the community, working in that community like a normal person for a long time until they receive some form of activation to do whatever it is the task was that they were sent there to do. That means that years, many years in some cases, that they have to be doing this. The mission has to be very simple because things will change over time, and if you give them too detailed of a mission, that mission might not even exist, that capability might not exist in the future when they're activated. And that's important to think about now because this is kind of a black Swan situation where the way the US and Israel are attacking Iran, that's very difficult to predict when and how that would have happened. It could have just been something like if there is a war in Iran, do x It might be something this simple, and the individual that is a sleeper would not be sent there alone. They wouldn't know the others in the network, but they would not be alone. And this means there's compartmentalization that has to happen, and there has to be a handle or overhead that's actually helping to coordinate the activities of these individuals. So that introduces another layer of complexity. And we have seen how Iran has done things in Unit States in the past, and also compared to other countries, it's very different than how they operate in the United States. I can get into official and non official activities they've done, especially using business cover for commercial activity, cover what they're doing in the United States, but on the whole They've been pretty amateur in the United States. And it's not because they just suck. It's because their capability level, like I mentioned earlier, is low for a variety of reasons, not least of which is it's difficult for a handler to get into the United States, which means they typically have to communicate over distance through phones or other electronic means, or through non non personal communications like leaving notes somewhere or something like this. That's a limitation on their capability. It's a limitation on what they can actually achieve when they're here. The other problem is money. They're not part of the swift banking system they have in Bens in twenty eighteen, so they either have to use it a huala or some kind of other activity to conceal the origin of the money they're using to pay for these activities. There is an example on in twenty eleven where it was around two hundred and fifty thousand dollars. They were trying to pay to a cartel member to give a weapon to a gentleman in Texas who was supposed to go assassinate the Saudi ambassador in Washington, d C. The cartel member said Hey, I'm a cartel guy. I'm going to go tell the DEA that this is going on because I don't want to be involved in your own And that's actually how the US found out about that, which is kind of interesting, and that was a very expensive operation that just evaporated because the capability was so low. I'll stop there at that kind of functional level and we can talk more about it. But that's how I would kind of like set the frame around this discussion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's a great frame too, John. The question of capability is so important. And another example I would make to people that demonstrates where there was a capability, a surprising capability even was when the Russians began the full scale invasion of Ukraine and these sabotage cells suddenly activated across Russia. You saw military infrastructure, oil infrastructure really across the breadth of the country.
Speaker 4: Going up in flames.
Speaker 3: So there was an intelligence or intelligent entity or entities that absolutely had a capability. I mean they had the people in place, but they had the capability, meaning there was pre plane targets, targeting packets were done up, and there were cachet site locations full of explosives and those cells were activated through some sort of covert communications method or cove com. So that's one example of you know, where where you see a capability doesn't come out of nowhere. So when you see a bunch of strikes like that happening, it lends itself to the safe assumption that there is an intelligent entity behind this. It's not lone wolves, it's not you know, it's not just dissident groups. I mean, dissident groups don't come out of nowhere with a capability like that. It takes them time to evolve and find their way with those things. So that's one interesting example to look at. The other I was mentioned into John before the show was the and we get into a little bit in detail, but the book Burnbomb Destroy about the German sleeper cells that were here during World War One conducting acts of sabotage, also quite amateurish, but it evolved over time, and they used incendiary devices, probably not that different than the stuff that the cells in Russia used, you know, one hundred years later to destroy ships, you know, ships that were on their way to Europe. And when it really got effective again this question of capability was when you're using sleepers, you're using a surrogate force or something of this nature. I've had a CIA officer describe it to me because he tried to he did do this in Afghanistan. He's like, imagine trying to play pool and you're sitting on top of overturned trash can ten feet away from the pool table, and you got like three queues that are like duct taped together, and you're like trying to like hit the hit the ball and knock the eight ball in the corner pocket. He's like, that's kind of what you're trying to do. The further away from it you are, the harder it becomes to control those operations. With the German case, you know, they became effective once they got a no shit German intelligence officer into the country to start coordinating and running some of that stuff. And then that brings us to more current situation with Iran and are their sleeper cells in the United States Just a couple of things to tag on to what John already illuminated there. There's one case back in the nineteen nineties. I just had to look it up to get the name right. It was Captain Will Rogers three. The skipper of the USS Vincennes in San Diego, there was a bomb found in his van, and to this day, I don't think it's ever been fully explained what that was about. There's thoughts in the intelligence community or there has been over the years that that was an Iranian plot. But the Iranians also whack people globally. I mean, they're not like cautious about that there is an Iran and op And I'm just saying in Europe that the bomb didn't go off, but when they deconstructed it, it was a very advanced bomb. It shocked a lot of people in the security community in Europe. So the Iranians don't have a lot of hesitation with this sort of stuff. But now, you know, are these cells in the United States? And I think I think we have some pretty good proof that they aren't, that those cells just don't exist. After the Solemani strike, you would have expected something to have cooked off, And now we're, you know, bombing the hell out of Iran and fixing the due potentially a ground invasion. I mean, if the Iranians are not activating those cells now, then explain to me what the trigger is, because they're already in an existential crisis right now. I mean, they're not going to topple easily. But if not now, then when that's that would be my question, And I think that's sort of the counterfactual. You could look at this to try to determine if these cells even exist. I would say they probably don't. However, there are people in this country. They could be lone wolves, they could be you know, support agents, people who are sympathetic towards the Iranian regime who take action on their own or maybe at direction from you know, back back in Iran. One thing that I was told about just yesterday is a bunch of suspicious packages have been showing up at McDill Air Force Base, directed towards Sentcom Central Command. The FBI is investigating this, they're involved. I have not heard that an actual bomb has turned up yet, but I mean this could even just be a psychological operation to send packages that look like bombs to just you know, get people on the base, you know, cautious or afraid. So we'll see what happens with that. I don't know what's uh, John, is anything I'm missing here that you'd like to elaborate on.
Speaker 2: I just want to kind of pull on a thread that you mentioned. You mentioned sabotage and a couple of things like this, and again from that counterintelligence framework, So there are four types of attacks we'd be looking for from a potential sleeper element like you're mentioning, and those attacks would be against certain types of targets, right because you're trying to achieve some objective by doing this thing. The four types of targets are persons, organizations, installations, and then people generally, and there's a specific type of attack that targets each one of these. So, for example, attacks against persons are typically espionage related, attacks against organizations are subversion related. Then against installations it's sabotage. Then against people or other things to get terrorism as that kind of catch all at the end. But when we're trying to protect against these things to produce that capability I was talking about, you know, like you mentioned, there might be a low moul or even a person in contact with some goods forced guy overseas. They could have that intent all day long. But if we can actually go after the persons, organizations, and installations to defend those those categories, we can more precisely protect them. So even if the adversary had some really good intent and maybe even a little bit of capability, the target suddenly becomes too hard to strike and they're going to have to flow around it and go somewhere else. So this is kind of the thing we look at when we're trying to preemptively neutralize these activities is evaluating our own installations, like McDill Air Force Base, for example. We'd be thinking about how the vehicles get in on the base, how to packages go around here, like where are the cameras? All these things to get these things already ahead of time. So if something like this comes up, the person approaching their vehicle already understands how to evaluate their vehicle before getting into it due to heightened threat environment situations for example. So these are the things to keep in the back of the mind as a person evaluating what are these actual threats and what is the actual capability. And I'll mention the Bojinka plot, which was a pre al Qaeda type plot in the nineteen nineties that college Sai Muhammad and some others were planning to bring a bunch of aircraft and crash them into buildings, which sounds a lot like September eleventh, but this was before September eleventh. The reason they weren't able to do that they had a really good plan, excellent ideas, and a lot of intent, that they had almost no capability to do it. It wasn't until later on that they actually shifted their operations to be able to have the capability years later in two thousand and one, to actually execute such a threat with the capability required to do it. And I only highlight that because the intent didn't change the entire time. What did change was their ability and the opportunity to do that attack.
Speaker 3: Just one more thing I'd like to touch upon here with the nature of sleeper cells, potentially especially sleeper cells from an authoritarian regime that are placed under cover in a country like the United States.
Speaker 4: There were a few.
Speaker 3: The Soviets didn't have as many as we probably thought they did, but at the end of the Cold War it was revealed that they did have some sleeper agents. In the Milt Bearden's book The Main Enemy, he talks about one of them, a check guy, who they had placed in the United States, and after the Wall came down, I think I believe he came forward. If I remember correctly, and he had just integrated into the community, like he had a family, he had like kid playing in Little League baseball and this sort of stuff. And he was like, yeah, I have like this trunk of like rusty military gear in my basement if you guys want to come get it, Like, I don't give a fuck. And I think this is a problem too with that a country like a Ran would have you send sleepers to the United States when they're here for a prolonged period of time building their cover and building their capabilities, unless they are the most hardcore ideological dude, they are going to start finding a woman, They're gonna get a job, they're gonna have kids, the kids are gonna get into school, and then when that activation code finally comes thirty years later, they're like, do I really want to like screw up my whole life here and end up in a supermax for the rest of my rest of my days because this authoritarian regime that doesn't give a shit about me wants me to go and kill a bunch of innocent people. So I think that's another dynamic that comes into play when you're trying to use sleeper agents.
Speaker 2: Actually jack on that. So even not just sleep agents, but embassy personnel from these countries. I was doing a lot of work in North Africa to the US embassies there, and there were a few North Korean diplomats that in the countries that have North Korean embassies there in Northwest Africa. Those diplomats are not allowed to return back to Pyongyang ever, they have to rotate around the embassies in Northwest Africa because the government au oritarian government is worried about the exposure they've had to things like alcohol and parties and restaurants and freedom even in Northwest Africa, to the extent that they will not allow them to return back to rotate back to the mainland.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: What I'd heard is that the embassy personnel from North Korea have to travel around in threes. It would make Detroit play, yeah, to make it impossible for the agency for CIA.
Speaker 4: To recruit them.
Speaker 2: We have the same thing with the Chinese as well. When I was in the Defense Attache staff, the Russians would always come in a group of three the Troika. The Chinese would always be in a group of three, and we wouldn't interact with the North Koreans. But they also would, and so would the Iranians because they know themselves, the government knows that this is going to happen.
Speaker 3: Right, Is this like mutually assured destruction. Everyone's spying on everyone else.
Speaker 2: They had to go to the bathroom in three's at any events that we were at.
Speaker 4: It's wild.
Speaker 5: Thanks to me and you guys.
Speaker 1: And restart what you were saying. I apologize you were muted?
Speaker 5: Am I muted in?
Speaker 1: Now you're good? Now you're good?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: Do you customarily mute meet during these.
Speaker 1: Up are yelling at Richie?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, all right, yeah, so you know, going getting back to to Iran though, I mean, I think and and John you know way more about this than I do. But you know, this term sleeper cells sounds sexy. It's it evokes Hollywood. It evokes that mini series, you know, the Netflix. I think it's a Netflix mini series about Russian sleeper cells, but I think it's fed a salmon. That's not the way that the Ranians operate. They can't afford to operate that way, as you know, as Jack pointed out, what put a cell into the United States and with the instructions to act if a war comes, you know, if war occurs. I mean, neither cou'sforce nor has BOLLA has that kind of resources. Although and that's just not that modus operati, right, I mean, they plan for specific operations, and they insert people for those operations, but they don't send people to the United States for two or three decades and have them integrate in the American society, apply for green cards and residents. All of this just on the contingency that something might happen. And I think, you know, although it's say it, there's another factor to this, right or the gain. I mean, although this is a super sexy topic that's likely to get everyone's attention, if you are planning this from an Iranian perspective, domestic attacks within the United States are actually a relatively hard target. You've got plenty of softer targets spread out across not just Middle East, but globally. US interests, overseas, diplomatic missions, military bases as we've seen. You know, even military bases that should be hardened in the Middle East are still subject to attack from from the Uranians, where they can cause casualties without all the planning and everything else involved in putting action cells within within the US. So you know, i'd say that there's there's just no chart, I mean, very little chance of a Hollywood sleeper cell type scenario. And what we've seen historically a small targeted networks you know, that are that are that are put in for a specific mission, and we've kind of the other thing is I think we kind of conflated. And I like to give your thoughts on this, John Iranian direct Granian action, which would be Kup's force, right, which is the Forron six Stone operations, arm I gcs except and and proxies like Hesbala Hosbala does have and overseas you know, a section that's focused on overseas operations, and I forget what it's called. It's like the i JO or something. John, You'll probably probably know that Islamic organization. Yeah, but they but as far as I mean, there was an attempt to attack on the Saudi ambassador right back in twenty eleven. But aside from that, we've seen mainly you know, fundraising, logistics, procurement, that's kind of things that they focus on mostly, and and and integration with criminal networks in the Western hemisphere. That's a great point, actually seems to me. I'm sorry, it just seems to make just go ahead, Jim.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna mention the financial thing you're talking about. So Latin America, in particular, Brazil, for example, has six million Lebanese people. There's almost as many Lebanese people in Brazil as there are in Lebanon, and of them are either Druze or Shia descendants from Lebanese diaspora. And Hesbola's main source of money, even though the regime pays them a lot of money, their main source of money is drug sales, and a lot of those drugs are from South America, especially cocaine being sold in Africa, and Dakar, Senegal is the main entry point into all the entire continent of Africa from Latin America, which is a Hesbola controlled throughway. And actually in Dakar, Senegal, there's a big Hesbula problem, and there's absolute Iranian embassy right down the street from the Hesbela house that they live in. Our team house was across the street from where the Hesbola house was when I was there, and it's a very interesting little microcosm of what they're trying to do to fund themselves, and part of the reason they have this Islamic Jihad organization, even though the name of it sounds like an ideological thing, is actually more of a force protection asset to protect the money and drugs moving back and forth between these nodes, to make sure that people aren't going to steal it or do something to it so they can bring it to the Middle East. Saudi Arabia is a huge purchaser of these drugs, so was Syria. We had a thing in Lebanon when I was there where we had an aircraft that was a Saudi prince's aircraft that is full of ecstasy pills that has bulahead manufactured, and this disc prince was selling them and we found it on his aircraft even though it was diplated or dipnoted. And these drug networks require a lot of strong arm muscle, including these overseas operatives who may be trained to protect the stuff, but could also be activated and turned to do other things like we were talking about earlier. They could do sabotage, they could do subversion, they could conduct terrorism if they need to, especially because they have these networks that can already move in between in and out of between these different countries, especially into Latin America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just I was into Karn like twenty thirteen. Have a nice new embassy we just built there right now, significant significant Lebanese population in that country.
Speaker 5: But I would guess, I don't know, I would guess his Balla's external operations capability is likely being degraded compared to about a decade ago. I mean largely because of I mean series to be a key hub for moving people in equipment and a cool set. Environments become much more content tested and and Asbola has has its own problems on its hands in in Lebanon itself. You know, I just again, it just seems to me are far fetched, but but attention grabbing topic, that is, that has surfaced without any foundation and uh in in uh in in in fact, right, I'm not I'm not dismissing the risk, and of course it's always a risk, but minimal compared to its real risks facing us, right like the collapse of the global economy and uh and and and continued attacks on on U S forces and interests and related interest overseas.
Speaker 3: So I mean, I don't know if we're ready to shift gears, but I'd love to hear you two guys opining about the MEW on its way to the Persian Gulf.
Speaker 5: I was waiting for for for John to kick it off, but I'm happy to happy to do so. Yeah, this has been one of the one of the most important developments, perhaps not the most of my attention grabbing developments are in the last last week is the movement of a Marine Expeditionary Unit, the thirty first Marine Expeditionary Unit out of Okinawa a garden spot. Does those who spend any time there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: And why is that important? Well, thirty first MEW has actually lower level of capability than the mews that are based out of the United States. You know, I'm not saying that it's a It's been known as a security corporation view, right, I'm going to get beaten up by thirty first MEW guys for saying that. But it's definitely a lower level of capabilities. My point is it's an odd choice if you are indeed plan to conduct raids. It wouldn't necessarily I you know, it wouldn't be my first choice of MEW. It's a four deployed amphibious landing force, but it's very small. You'll hear a lot of talk about two thousand marines, but actually those who go ashore it's pretty near a twelve hundred, which is a relatively very small So, you know, I think if they do go ashore, it's going to be very quick. They're going to hit specific targets, the raids, and then withdraw. They're not going to invade Iran, which is what I've seen, you know, And that's the problem, right you're here talk about ground force and people don't understand the nuances. So there's certainly the general public. So marine expedition units I mentioned about two thousand marines, amphibious ships typically three or five. They have helicopters, tilt rotor aircraft, limited aviation support, and it's primarily for raids crisis for US sponse Straits of Horror moves, potentially targeted raids within the Straits of Horror moves the islands there because because as we've seen, you know, you can't there's a couple of problems with the air campaign, and I mean there are certain things that you that as we've we've found out, hard to destroy, locate and destroy, missile launchers being one of them, drones, faster tag boats can be hidden, coastal radar and mines. You know, all these things can be can be moved around quite easily. And although we've seen very optimistic rejections about what we've destroyed, the real truth is, as anyone who's dealt with battle damage assessment knows, is that once you get past kind of like an estimate of fifty percent pass part fifty estimate that you destroy the enemy's capability, it's really difficult to be precise about it. And the point here is, at what point do we say the Strait of hor Moose is open for traffic? Right, because unless we're really sure we've eliminated the risk, Well, how are you sure you eliminated the risk unless you put someone ashore to do that kind of assessment, to conduct rates, to destroy UH targeted operations, to destroy enemy infrastructure, and then and then report it. So you know, I so I mentioned, I mentioned missile launchers. There's on on these islands. There's there's also potential for underground storage that of of missiles and other weapons systems. Another another factor disrupting battle damage assessment and the Gulf is undoubtedly the Ringians used decoys and camouflage just the way that you know we would and the way that Ukrainians have have continue to do in that conflict. So what value do they bring? Okay, why would we land them? Spell clear tunnel complexes, you aside from the missile launches, destroy radar systems, eliminate drone launch sites and confirmed targets and neutralize those are all things. I know we're going to talk about separately the enriched uranium problem. But if we're just talking about kind of conventional targeting for raids in the Gulf, that's that's more or less what we're talking about. And there's a series of violence. John, I'm going to butcher the names, but there's ab Abu Musa right, the one right at the entrance to the strait. I think if we were, you know, normally, we'd have to point these out on a map, but we haven't got that far far technology yet. And then there's like the it's spelled t u n B Tunb, a couple of islands over that which are directly overlooking the shipping lanes right and Kesherm Island, which is near Bandura bas which is major of Courserinean support. And we know that at least open source intelligence suggests that that's been supporting drones drone attacks. So any of those islands could be the target for raids. But of course you put twelve hundred marines are sure it's not quite as simple as that. You're going it's a major, major operation. You're going to have to have all kinds of support for that, and of course you elevate the risk it's huge. Oh hey, I mentioned I forgot carg Island, which is our favorite topic. Right, it's primary arounds, primary oil export terminal critical to each economy. As we've heard some back and forth about whether we're going after the oil terminals on that island or whether we want to preserve them, and perhaps a difference of opinion there with the Israelis that we can talk about. So you know, a rate of seizure of car could I could disrupt further Iranian oil oil exports of that. Indeed, that's one of our our objectives. But also again conduct battle damage assessment, which which as I've said, is a is a significant problem. So when you step back, so the MEW moving towards the Middle East, all it does is represents it more options, right I doubt I don't know I'm speculating. I doubt that they're being moved there with a specific mission in mind. There will probably be a series of contingencies, and probably the decision hasn't been made whether or not to land them. And by the way, you know the last thing I'm saying, this is a mew A Marine Expeditionory unit. I explained how small it is. Arguably you get more out of it while it's at sea, right, it has kind of an operational impact then, because you could land it anyway, you keep the NB casting. Once you've landed it, it becomes very tactical and you elevate your risk, right because now you've sucked into that one location.
Speaker 2: And I want to talk about the streets for a minute. There. You talked about Andy that it's really important because we're talking about measuring how safe are the straits, whether we've reduced to fifty percent, ninety percent, et cetera. Looking at absolute numbers of straits transits. On February twenty seventh, there were one hundred and forty plus per day of oil vessels. That has trickled to six over five days, like one per day. Roughly, there were eleven Iranian vessels in Persian Gulf in the past couple of weeks that were able to transit out and bring oil to China, which is why they're actually selling more oil right now than they were before the conflict started. And the only vessel that has actually gone out and exited the straits with oil was yesterday. It was a Pakistani flag vessel that had agreed with the Iranian Foreign Ministry to allow to transit through for various political reasons. And there were two Indian vessels that are allowed to move back to repatriate some Iranian bodies from the Sri Lanka coastline that were bombed by the submarine a few days ago. So if we're looking at that, it's down down below single digit percentages of transits through there. It's absolutely not secured. In no reality is it safe to transit through there. And the other challenge is maybe from a military perspective, it's physically safe, but if you're an insurance company that's ensuring a Marek ship with three hundred million dollars worth of oil on it, you may be very hesitant to ensure that ship. And so this is another like political external factor that the military can't really control. It's going to have to be at the political level that this problem is solved, or else these vessels won't feel safe enough and the insurance companies won't feel safe enough to ensure those vessels even if it is physically safe to pass through. So that's another step that has to occur, as far as messaging from the US side and from the Israeli side to tell the world that hey, it is actually safe, or the US can absorb some of that risk by promising those insurance companies that they'll almost subsidize that insurance, kind of like the federal deposit insurance we have for deposits and banks, which is something that has been discussed but isn't fully in place yet. And then on the MEW portion of it, you mentioned, it's this small, versatile entity, and it's actually the smallest of a certain type of marine task organization called a Marine Air Ground Task Force, which is something unique to the Marine Corps. For listeners who don't know this, this task force is very scalable. From that MEW size, which is roughly twenty two hundred total people including logistics and other support and command element, it can move up to a brigade size element and it can move up to a force size element. These are kind of like increasing scale echelon for what a command might need. And by comparison, during the two thousand and three invasion of Iraq, there were mews that were there, but they were part of larger, much larger entities doing a ground force invasion of Iraq, which is arguably a far less complex invasion than the terrain facing the ground forces in Iran, which would require many, many more units of a much higher scale to actually traverse and secure those high terrain features to safely move into the country from a conventional ground force invasion perspective, So when looking at this MEW, people are thinking about boots in the ground, probably of some kind of conventional combat force, and it's important to be hesitant there in question, well, how much would that MEW actually achieve and would it even be safe for it to go aground with the small size it has, because that's not what the MEW is for alone. As Andy mentioned that MEW is to do things amphibiously from sea ship to shore and then back to ship. That's really what it's supposed to be for. That could be seizing a beach, holding a beach securing a location for follow on forces to flow through things like this. They're not supposed to be their long term and they're not supposed to be the main combat element. That's what things like the eighty second Airborne and Marine Divisions are for. We have a great map up here. We can see straits of war moves.
Speaker 4: Masters of technology.
Speaker 1: Ye have Jack gaming clutch with this one.
Speaker 5: I'm impressed.
Speaker 1: Do you see Crag Island though, bit more north?
Speaker 2: Uh? There? It says Kark, which is correctly spelled. Yeah, yep, and that's one hundred kilometers from Abadan.
Speaker 3: And I was reading about this island too today that this has supposedly underground missile facilities on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can actually see them on Google satellite imagery. You can see the Russian you know, the Russian surface to air missile, the SA nine structure. They usually have like a pentagon formation. You can see those all up and down the island.
Speaker 1: Have we not been hitting that island? I'm sure, I'm assuming we have been.
Speaker 3: We The desalination plant we hit was on that island, and that's kind of messed up like it. It basically deprived thirty villages of fresh water.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: How isn't that a war crime.
Speaker 4: I'm not a jag, but it sounds like it.
Speaker 2: Remember we don't have those silly rules of engagement anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right, no more politically correct wars. I'm so excited about that. John's trying to get me triggered. Bro, this is such a good episode, and he's doing he's doing this on purpose.
Speaker 5: I know it, you know it. I mean it raises it raises a point that I don't think is commonly understood, not even in the military, right about uh, the enemy's order of battle and understanding how much you've tried it, and even with all the technology the United States has add its disposable what a difficult task that is made more difficult by, you know, the terrain, by the fact that when you're talking about the nature of what is being potentially could be hidden, and we talked about missile launchers and drones, small boats, all these things that are could significantly remain a threat are easy to disperse and conceal. So it doesn't matter what you have. So so these press conferences where we are trotting out all the things that we have done don't really answer the mail the real question is what does Iran have left and that that arguably could be what Marines Ashore could do, although personally I think I would just for a number I mean, I would select different special operations forces to do that. If you if you're concerned as BDA and two thousand marines one view once, once you committed them. As I made the point earlier, you committed them, right, it's not something that I mean, yes, you backload them on ships, but it's not as though you can hop all around the straits and whole moves using them again and again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's actually a good point. We were on the Special Operations Operations Task Force in Iraq in twenty sixteen and we did a lot of strikes. I think it was thirty thousand strikes in six months, and we had to do battle damage assessment after all those strikes to ensure that we were hitting targets right with the right things and all that. And even that when we were we had the ability to get inside the night area and actually measured the BDA, we had a very hard time to get accurate BDA on the ground where we actually were because you have human intelligence that's not always accurate. You have signals intelligence that only gives you a piece of the picture. When you look at the physical infrastructure, that doesn't actually tell you about capability. It just tells you about the building, right, And if there's bodies in there, we don't know which bodies. You have sources at the hospital trying to tell you who they were, but you still don't know. And that's when you're actually physically there. And we don't have that scale of deployment in Iran, which on a much larger scale of destruction already. That's going to require precise bda to actually measure did we hit the right things with the right equipment and with the right follow on effects.
Speaker 5: John One thing that hasn't received much attention though, to my surprise and certainly in the media and discussions are this time around, in Iran's nuclear facilities. I mean, there hasn't been mentioned of destruction to them in the battle discussions of battle damage assessments. You know, first of all, what's your take on that? And secondly, do you think have sets the next phase of this operation.
Speaker 2: I saw some satellite imagery on January thirty first, I believe, of some of the facilities, and they're basically buried underground by the strikes that we did, and the thing there is you don't know how much is buried or if there was even anything buried there. And back in June when we were striking some facilities, the regime had already moved some of the uranium to other facilities. So it's very difficult without having people on the ground to actually know what's in there. And that's not human sources, because even the sources might not know because they're not digging in the soil. They might be just guessing and saying, well, it looks like this was destroyed, so I guess that's probably what this is. You would actually need to go there and measure with some technical equipment to figure out what amount of material remains underground, and the only way to do that is to obviously dig underground. It's a very challenging thing to do because these facilities were very deep underground in the first place. If you've seen some of the strikes that we did that were the penetrators that went that, they basically are very heavy. They hit the ground, go underground before they explode, this little pinpoint hole in the ground before they go in, and they do it with a bunker buster explosion deep underground. You have no way to measure what the efficacy of that was, or even if that was the right location in that complex where you should be hitting it, because nobody's got a flag there saying the uranium is here, even if at the facility they might have moved it to a different wing. There might be other tunnels. We can do a lot of measurement in signature intelligence or amazing to see what soil was moved where, when, how much soil was removed, So we can estimate how large the tunnels are based on what the amount of material that's been removed is, but that doesn't tell you what the configuration of the tunnel is and all these other things. There could be some side room that we never knew existed. So there's a lot of variables and difficulties on top of this. Even if you had a good human network in the country, it's a kind of a black box without actually physically being there with the tools you need to measure this material.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's no you know, when there's talk about not just damage to facilities, but the potential of securing enriched uranium itself, right, you see that speculation. I mean, one of the core problems is aside from the fact that as we talked about, damaged facilities doesn't necessarily mean that what we see from damaged facilities doesn't necessarily give us an accurate picture, and trying to track where that material is, what condition it's in, whether it has been moved, whether it can be moved that short notice, all those things are questions that are going to be very tough to answer if indeed that becomes the same mission.
Speaker 2: And actually that's a great point about the complexity of this because there isn't just like a box of physio material in a facility. There are varying ways that this is stored depending on where it is in the process of enrichment and refinement. But you know, in the early stages, you might have some yellow cake, for example, that is contained in a pretty obvious structural container. But once you start putting it in the centrifuge cascades, which one uses the specialized cascade system of centrifugees because they're not allowed to get the larger centrifuges that the nuclear powered countries have, so you basically have these very long lines of centrifuges, all produced by the German company Siemens. That's another thing to talk about how they got there. Anyways, they're there. They've got these things all linked together, and these very long, almost like tubes of many centrifuges spinning at different speeds to try to separate and enrich the uranium in a particular facility like natons for example. They maybe thousands of these centrifuges and they're pretty good. They're bigger than my head per centrifuge, right, So, I mean, if you want to go get these things out, you're not talking about a guy going in with a backpack and just putting the uranium in his backpack and walking out. You're talking about a very long tailed logistical requirement to support just the movement. Not talking about the safety or these other things, but just the actual logistics of getting this stuff out. How many people would you need, what kind of equipment would you need? There might even be a thought going on in the decision making process about what if we just physically destroy enough so that nobody can dig down there and get the stuff, Because that might actually be a better solution than going over there and actually digging with heavy machinery to get this out. And I'm sure this kind of discussion is going on right now with the National Security Council, and I'm sure Marco Ruby is talking to himself in the different positions that he holds to try to figure out how to advise himself to tell the President about how to get this uranium out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the hottest part of the mission isn't getting there, it's what you do when you do get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to talk too much about what's actually going on or potentially going on right now in regards to this, but a little bit of historical data that may be useful for to help people think about this. The counter WMD mission, I mean, of course, has been you know, with JSX since its inception. Early training exercises, DELTA was going up against simulated improvised nuclear devices and having EOD guys come in and disarm them. But then it kicks into high gear. Or in the nine teen eighties when Gadaffi had an underground chemical weapons facility in Tarhuna and Jaysock was tasked with a mission or planning a mission to go in and destroy it. And interestingly, the way it was planned was that Marine Corps hovercraft would come up over the coast of Libya, come as far as inland as they could. Then they would offload trucks with the Jaysok guys on it. They would then drive to Tarhuna using industrial drilling equipment drilled down from the surface into the facility and then in basically cement mixer trucks pour an explosive slurry down into the facility and detonate it. So it was a pretty crazy plan. I guess it's for the best that it never had to be executed. That situation was resolved diplomatically and Gadaffi shut that facility down. But that was sort of the beginning of Jaysock sort of looking at this problem set, and it's evolved over the years. It's been called the deep Underground Mission or the hardened deeply buried target mission, and over the years that has evolved into essentially, you know, Jasok going in to conduct WMD sabotage to like just go in and destroy those facilities, and it could be like chemical weapons vats, it could be physile material, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 4: And then that evolved.
Speaker 3: You know, by the time you get into like the mid to late nineteen nineties, it evolved not just into the destruction but to seize the material and take it out with you. And Jaysok has done extensive training on this at the Nevada test site and underground tunnels and things like this, practicing explosive breaching like breaching heavy vault bunker doors underground. It's a very technically difficult mission to accomplish. And they've done this and I mean all the way up until yeah, some other stuff I won't even get into right now. But the cbrnpeck to the radiological material aspect of it makes this mission that much more dangerous, especially if you're going into targets that have already been hit with air strikes. You don't know like have those vats been cracked open? Did they topple over? Is this stuff already in the ground. So it's it's a very technically and logistically complicated operation to pull off.
Speaker 1: And I have a question, it's not going to be like some quick like Madua raid a few hours overnight. It's going to take days or weeks I'm assuming to do this, So there would need to be security, you know, It's not just a quick in and out, you know, thanks for coming.
Speaker 5: In a in a foreign in a sovereign hostile country. You need you're going to need a secure perimeter for an extended period of time, right, I mean days to weeks, a secure perimeter control, surrounding terrain, protection against counter attack which come from in any domain. Right, So as a marine expeditionary unit potentially could provide it could accomplish that mission. I know, let me rephrase that, that could potentially be a mission assigned to the marine expeditionary unit. But it's never been done before, right, It's not something specifically that marine strainfall for that period of time. And you can imagine, I mean, so you so you've got all that, You've got all that inner problems right inside that court, and all the problems that you're going to have to deal with locating the material, verifying it, securing it, either destroying it or removing it. And then you've got the you've got the external security problem, which is immensely complex too and makes you all of which makes you hugely vulnerable.
Speaker 3: The you know, this is pretty much unprecedented what we're talking about here, and the precedent you would look to if anything, It's not like the Maduro raid or the Bin Laden raid or something like that. Actually, what I would look to is there was an operation in the early years of the War on Terror in the early two thousands, so CALM was somewhat involved, but mostly it was DITRA, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, went to a island in Uzbekistan where the Soviets had a chemical weapons facility back in the day, and there was tons and tons of anthracs in the ground. If terrorists wanted, they could just go to this island and dig anthrax out of the ground and they'd have their sample ready to go. So DITTRA goes in there with all their subcontractors and raytheon contractors and everyone else, and they destroyed that material. They dug it up out of the ground and destroyed the I think like sixty tons of anthracs it came out to. Now, the difference, of course, is this was a permissive environment. This was done with the cooperation of the government of uzbeka Stan. You know, we want to go in and destroy these WMDs and keep the world safe and use Beckastan's like okay, bring your boys in, we do this. It wasn't an armed military operation, but what we're talking about in Iran would have more in common with what I just described than with like a Maduro raid.
Speaker 2: And plus we're talking about this as if it's like one facility. There are at least twelve different facilities and different provinces spread all over the place. You have to repeat this twelve times or more successfully to achieve the objective that you're looking for. So that means every single time you do it, you're introducing new risk, new layers of complexity, new opportunities for attack. Because let's say you do it like three times, Well, the adversary is going to measure how you did those three times and figure out all kinds of ways to exploit the next nine times. You have to do this because you're going to have to keep repeating the same TTPs every time. And if you reveal your clandestine methodologies in that first couple of goes, you can't use them anymore in the same way that you did previously.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if this was a what we call a coed brief, right, a course of action brief, you look at the cons that we've stanked up here, and it's very difficult to think of throws that would balance against those cons.
Speaker 3: And yes, strategically, Andy, I mean, you look at this kind of operation that we're talking about. Explain to me how this brings us closer to victory in Iran? How does this bring us closer to a democratic Iran? Okay, you're getting some physsile material out of the ground and denying that to the Iranian government if they ever get back on their feet to the point where they can recover that stuff. But this doesn't really bring us closer to a victory or a win the kind of win even that you know, President Trump seems to desire. I don't think it gets us closer to his own stated objective here.
Speaker 2: It's similar to Desert One. I always go back to Eagle Claw in Iran because this is a very similar thing where there's that risk benefit in the military planning side of it, and then there's the political choice to do it anyway, even though it's extremely risky and a commander would never give this green light unless the president tells them what you're doing this. And it's the same thing where there's these layers of especially air and logistics capability that there's so much complexity in there. And it only takes one crash at a fuel bladder in a desert to change the whole thing in a direction that you didn't expect and that people just will not accept.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the difference being the rescue of US hostages in Iran arguably was a strategic comparative, right and correct, Whereas securing enriched uranium in sites in Iran it's hard to align with any strategic comparative that would justify the level of risk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially when it's buried under rubble. They don't have any access to it, apparently.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, I'm glad we've dealt with that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let's let's also not forget that this was they were, the uranium was on the table right before we started bombing Iran.
Speaker 2: Didn't exist twenty fifteen.
Speaker 5: Well, it gets back to perhaps a lack of coherence in describing what the end state is. The desired conditions are the termination of hostilities, right, and we haven't seen yet kind of a coherent statement. So we're speculating, and I'm sure military commanders I don't know, but I hope that they are saying, hey, boss, we're going if our goals are reduction of Iranian capabilities right to the point where Iran is effectively neutralized and cannot do X things for X period of time. Then these are the conditions that need to exist, and we are one week, two weeks away from those conditions, right, that's kind of the conversation that should take place. But Boss, if you want to destroy the nuclear facilities and set them back six months, one year, two years, then we need to extend the campaign by X number of time. And finally, if you want to regime change, we just can't get that from here, not within their campaign. Hopefully these conversations are taking place.
Speaker 4: Spoiler or they're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, I'm sorry to be a doomer, Debbie Downer on ya, Andy, I don't think those conversations are taking place.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, one would hope those conversations are taking place in an open forum too, you know, I mean these sort of conversations. That's one of the disadvantages with waging more as a liberal democracy. And I say little l all right, liberal democracy as in you know, look it up what it means. Not not you guys, I meant for those of our audience who start screaming every time you mentioned is that, Yeah, you lose a little bit of the opeteness right that an author authoritarian regime has about the way it ages war. We owe to the American public, normally via their elected representatives, and explanation of why we're at war and what the objectives are because everyone's aware of the cast or perhaps they're not at this stage, which is a good point that I'll finish on. Really, and you know, I'm not being a hand ringer here, but I don't think anyone has a clear picture of the overall cost of this war. I'm not talking about the billions a day that we're spending, and I'm talking about the effects on the global economy, the effect on our alliance networks, alliances. Sorry, that was a poorly worded phrase.
Speaker 1: John, You wanted to talk a little bit about the Iranian elite like real estate portfolio in the UK.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really fascinating. So Ali, I'm sorry, who's this individual that's closely affiliated with Amah Najad? If everyone remembers this colorful individual from the presidency that caused the Green Revolution two thousand and nine, So he just opened up thirty three new luxury apartments in London using investment money that he got from Iran, which is fascinating because they're not part of the international banking system, they're not part of the Swift banking system, and the money was taken from a regime affiliated account, right So that's all opening up. But that's not even the biggest dollar amount because right now Mochtaba, the potentially alive or dead leader of Iran, has a one hundred million dollar real estate investment in London as well. That was just talked about a few weeks ago that the British government approved this purchase. It's just fascinating thing because people think, like, aren't they heavily sanctioned, aren't they not part of the banking system? How are they getting this money? The thing is, you know, the sanctions have certain levels of efficacy. There studies done that say that it's actually not as effective as you think, and they're not really effective against an authoritarian state because that authoritarian state controls the market. So it's the regular people that can't access the banking system and then these the small group of elites, can get outside of it and go do things outside of the country like we see right now, and a great example of that, Andy and I think we were talking about this a couple of weeks ago with how are they selling oil? And what they're doing is they have these banks all over the world. Bank Melli is an Iranian owned bank. It's a state owned bank. Bank Melli has a branch in Hong Kong and it has a branch in London. It's got a branch in Hamburg, in Paris, and these banks are in those countries. They can actually do business in those countries. So if you sell your oil in China for three hundred million dollars per vessel, you take that three hundred million dollars. You don't send it back to Iran. You bring it over to Bank Melly in Hong Kong and then wire it to London and then go open up your real estate business in Seville Row right. And this is what's going on. It's very interesting because most about for example, the new Supreme Leader, he's never worked, he's never earned a paycheck, and he has one hundred million dollars that he can use to open up businesses in real estate in London. And this is just very important for listeners to understand about exactly when we talk about the regime. They're terrible to their own people. But they're also highly corrupt. And this corruption is the thing that you can see outside the country. You know, Canada, for example, a few years ago, the former Central Bank director of Iran fled to Canada with three point seven billion dollars in assets. You don't bring that in a suitcase to Canada. That's wired to Canada. And the government of Canada proves that. We actually have a professor at the University of Pennsylvania who's the son of masume Ebtycar. And if you remember during the hostage crisis, there was a woman that was the speaker in English during the hostage crisis inside the US embassy in Tehran that was the spokesperson for the new colonel of the regime. Her son is a professor at the University of Pennsylvania. How is that possible? Right, Zaref former foreign minister went to Ohio State University. Right. The more you look at this, the more you realize that these elites, they just escape all of our restrictions. And this is why there's such a problem right now to disconnect between the people in Iran and these elites. No matter what you do, they're going to find a way to snake around it because it's not a democracy. You know, they can be as corrupt as they want and the people can't do anything about it because first of all, they don't have any guns.
Speaker 1: We got to add on a good better note.
Speaker 5: Well, I've got that at some point, and I think, I mean, it's a slight change of topic, but I think it's important. I think a lot of people will learn from this. And this gets back to our discussion of the North Korean policy of the troika. Right, three people wandering around together, and I want to point out that that within the Marine Corps, our own research or the troika has has really revealed that it's ineffective totally. So we used to operate. And this ties in with Okinawa too, because this is the liberty policy in Okinawa that two marines. It used to be the buddy program, right, But then we discovered of the course of oh, I don't know, maybe four decades, that where one marine gets drunk, the others likely also to get drunks. So the policy became they had to travel in a troika. But guess what we found that the same.
Speaker 1: Three guys got drunk instead of just want.
Speaker 5: So and if in North Korean said having the same problem. The other point alcohol, Yeah, they and Check pulled up an excellent point too that he talked about where sleeping cells break down, and he said, you know they someone finds a woman, right, I mean, that's that that that's the beginning of the scene.
Speaker 3: I mean, even I believe uh Muhammad Atta, one of the nine to eleven hijackers, was dating a stripper down in Florida. I mean, these guys get sucked into this stuff. Hell, maybe if that had gone on a little longer, he wouldn't have done what he did. As I was saying, it's only the most committed ideological people that can really.
Speaker 4: Stay committed to that.
Speaker 3: And I've heard some stories about the Chinese actually not so much sleeper cells per se, but more like espionage where they're like super committed maoists and they like they'll like live a life of poverty even if they have like an advanced degree, because they're putting all their money into you know, helping out the fatherland or whatever.
Speaker 4: It's very weird, actually.
Speaker 1: Jack, you remember, go ahead, Sorry, John go.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, the Ministry of State Security actually is very unique in the great power espionage world because they don't recruit generally, don't recruit non Chinese people. They'll typically only recruit Chinese citizens from China who are in the target country. Like for example, they're going to Berkeley getting a chemical engineering degree, but they're a Chinese. That's who the MSS will go after because they know they have the very like they can measure that loyalty, and it's they don't have to develop it as much as we would have to develop, for example, recruiting an Egyptian guy to work for US in Egypt.
Speaker 3: You know, well, it's also it's also that you know, if they even find somebody who's not a Chinese citizen but of Chinese ethnicity and they still have family back on the mainland, I mean they call the the MSS calls them up and says, a visiting your aunt the other day. I mean they get the message right away. I mean they know what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Jack, what was that story about a virologist who's a doctor working in the United States, you know, probably making a decent living. Yeah, he was living in like Squalor because he was.
Speaker 3: Like I was a friend of mine work that case where it was a Chinese guy had a job working for the government. He was an MD, but he was living out of his van and he was selling ghost guns at a gun shows. And so there's no there's as far as I know, there's no proof of like a Chinese intelligence nexus. But I've heard enough stories like this over the years you start to wonder, like is it really about making money or is it this guy just acting as a chaos agent, like selling ghost guns to Latino and African American gangs in New York City In this case, all.
Speaker 1: Right, great, now we're just brought in China trying to fuck us up too. Great.
Speaker 4: Well, there's other stuff too.
Speaker 3: I mean if you start looking at like the Order of the Nine Angles and like one of their founders lives in Russia.
Speaker 4: Now, I mean there's stuff.
Speaker 1: That what is that? I don't I've never heard of that.
Speaker 3: It's it's like a Satanist nihilistic movement that came out of the UK initially, and those guys go and they do, you know, spree shootings.
Speaker 4: And stuff like that. Sometimes.
Speaker 3: I mean, again, I couldn't prove anything as far as like an intelligence nexus, but there's enough things that like you're squinting at it, like what the hell is going on here?
Speaker 1: What a way to end Satanist fucking shooting spreeze. Yes, I want you guys to check out The high Side, Jack Murphy Sean Naylor. They're working on a really good article coming out soon having to do with Jaysack. Really interesting with several at this point. Yeah, actually yeah multiple uh multiple pants on the fire the with Zach Dorfman right. Uh, he's he's helping out on one of them. What else we got, Andy mill Burn? Of course, Andy, give us a flex just show us one one. No, all right, we'll do that after.
Speaker 5: You got me on that for the teamhouse.
Speaker 1: From that, I want you guys to check out Andy's book.
Speaker 5: The Time He Went Shutless as well as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did, that's a clu. We'll get you shirtless again, not drunk, We'll get your shirtless again. We'll get to get a John shirtless to drop his reputation of a couple of notches too.
Speaker 2: Uh uh.
Speaker 1: Your book When the Tempest Gathers an incredible book. Check that out. That link is a description John's book of Course, Theory of a Regular War and a Ran Shadow Weapons. Uh. All those links are down in the description. I know Andy you're working on another book having to do with Gaza in Israel, right, like that's cooking, So we're looking forward to that one. And uh, of course Jack's got a new book coming out in June, very exciting fiction. Uh, The Most Dangerous Man. I read it. It's really good. Uh yeah, all those links are in the descriptions. Support to show, Patreon dot com, slash the Teamhouse. You get both eyes On and Teamhouse episodes AD free and early and there's always a pleasure. Guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you, yeah, thank you, Thanks guys, all the best us.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, I want to tell you about my new novel, The Most Dangerous Man, out in June. It is a novel about a Regimental Reconnaissance Company soldier who gets kidnapped while he's on a mission to West Africa, and when he wakes up, he finds that he is now being hunted for sport by a group of tech billionaires through the wilds of West Africa. This book is based on stories that I heard over the years about safari guides taking wealthy clients hunting for poachers on game reserves in Africa. I took that and I took a century old short story, The Most dangerous game and modernized it. And the product is this book, which I think will feel temporary and resonate with audiences today.
Speaker 4: Thank you and please check it out.