Speaker 1: Mone Brown's in the building.
Speaker 2: Good morning, can rewind introduce your organization and your movement?
Speaker 3: Mom?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, good morning.
Speaker 4: So my name is Monae Brown, me and my husband Aaron Brown. We started not our kids, and let me just take it back. I am a retired probation officer from Alameda County, which is Oakland, give it up to Oakland.
Speaker 1: And during the course of my job, I.
Speaker 4: Used to supervise kids that were trafficking or being trafficked and they back then it was my Space.
Speaker 1: I don't everybody, Yes.
Speaker 4: That was where it started. Yes, started, it was popping. It was, yes, my Space and red Book remember red Book. Red Book was how kids would solicit themselves on these websites to meet people.
Speaker 1: So listen, I'm not sure how young you are.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not going to tell you.
Speaker 3: Sare We definitely know that yeah, back back before back page too.
Speaker 4: And so do you remember how back when we were more mature or how they met predators?
Speaker 1: It was the Cadillac pimp.
Speaker 4: Remember, our parents were worried about this older person pulling up to our growing up, used to hang at Cassamont, you know, pick us up, take us to McDonald's for two ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Right then it moved to the tennis shoe pim.
Speaker 4: That was the young person who couldn't afford a car, but he would walk around schools. Then it was the bicycle pimp. Right now it's the cyber pimp.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: The huge difference between the previous three is that you can't see the pimps in your children's phones, right, And many of us can't see it because one, we never suspect that there are pimps in our children's phone, however, and we're not monitoring either. When we were growing up, it was a bunch of dues and don'ts. It was what don't open that door, I'm not here right, y'all? Remember what was.
Speaker 3: Don't sup no candy, talk to.
Speaker 2: Stranger, don't take no rides from nobody, don't talk to anyone you don't know exactly walking?
Speaker 4: What about the don't answer the phone and tell them I'm not here right? But now with this digital world, we say your uber's outside. We allow our kids to get in cards with strangers, and what else do we do? We tell them to share your location. We tag our children online. So for instance, you're my child Sonna, and I say g biz is my son and he's graduating next week from Cameo Middle School.
Speaker 1: Okay, Samario said, let's do the scenarios.
Speaker 4: And then I taxed. Say, I taxed seven people, including mister Brown, my husband. Every one of those people have a thousand people including me. Yep, So in twenty seconds, I have put g Biz to eight thousand exposed, sposed him. Now you know, heaven forbid if those people share him again. Right, The statistics say one of those people is going to say, hey, gee, Biz, you hack.
Speaker 1: To hand some how you doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, they're usually going to send them a message right through his back. How many message you probably get someone that man, And it's a lot of unsolicited, unwanted right, yeah. And then what happens is what we do as parents. We also share our children's vin Mo and cash app. Parents, pimps pay your children through cash app and zell and Veno.
Speaker 1: Think about it. When's the last time you really have got money? Youth?
Speaker 4: He has you know, youth he said, hey you want lunch? Yeah, cashp ben Mo me. Right, Well, that's how pimps pay our children. They pay them through cash app then Mo. Right, But those names, those accounts are in our names.
Speaker 1: So if the children aren't.
Speaker 4: Doing things illegal, the police what I used to be is coming to look for the parents, right because what they're going to say is why didn't you know?
Speaker 1: Why didn't you know that he was getting those things? Attention?
Speaker 4: You're not paying attention, so I need I'm calling out to parents, please, parents, have conversations, ongoing conversation with your kids about the dues and don'ts of the internet, because think about it, we're giving kids phones as early as five to communicate with the community.
Speaker 1: Let them, we let them play games, games.
Speaker 4: I get to the games. Don't get to the games right as early as five. But we're not talking to them about sex because it's too early.
Speaker 1: But you give them my phone? Right, all right?
Speaker 3: There one search that's easy.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So do you want to ask me some questions? Oh?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: He directs me because I get getting long winded. Absolutely right. It's not paying attention.
Speaker 2: So you know with the apth thing, because we were talking about my daughter a second ago, okay, and we had a rude awakening because I would she knows my rules, but they don't follow I didn't when I was a kid, even taking out the freaking house and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid, they don't even know right where did you go? Wherever I wanted to go? But did y'all parents know where to find you when you last?
Speaker 1: Well, they were asleep.
Speaker 2: Girl. I rolled my sister's transam out the driveway and down the street, started it up down the way and took off.
Speaker 1: But I was bad. I guess I don't know. I'm alive so here.
Speaker 2: But my point is is where we were in a physical state. Then now with the CyberWorld that it is, you know, you know you can't It's like driving stealing somebody's car and driving in the middle of a million people.
Speaker 1: Then anyone can be out there to snatch you up at any time.
Speaker 2: So my daughter has Snapchat, she has Instagram and all the things, and I trusted her and I said, you cannot add anybody that you don't know. You got to physically see them and know them, then you can add them. But these kids get so caught up in like how many followers they have and how many likes they have, because they glorify this crap on all these social media platforms.
Speaker 1: Well, she ended up getting a penis picture. Uh huh.
Speaker 4: Just the Peith yeah, they getting more than penis. Well, you know, I mean that's you know.
Speaker 2: And she swore that this person and other girls in her class and he was following people at her old middle school.
Speaker 1: Oh, they they follow him to they know him. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, we find out this person has like ten different accounts and it very may well be a young person or maybe in dirt.
Speaker 1: I don't know who they are, but you know.
Speaker 2: And she was like telling me, admitting that she made her profile public for a little while, and I was like, you knew the rules, but it wasn't even that she thought that because other people knew this person, yes, and they had had conversations with them online, that it was okay for her that they knew her and they knew him, and that person was okay to talk to. Plus he put up a cute little picture of some scrawny looking white boy with blonde hair on the beach, like.
Speaker 1: They know what to do right to attract these people.
Speaker 2: So I think what people get confused about, aside from making time to have those conversations, is how do you approach it without button head and being like, look, I need you to do this well, why I don't want to well, because this is why. And I think pulling up important videos like the one we talked about with the little boy on the trampoline and this cat pulls up in the.
Speaker 1: Suv, where's your mom? Where's your mom? You told me your mom is pretty and she's single. Where is she?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Who knows what could have happened at that point?
Speaker 4: And I agree with you, son, I think the days of chestising our children needs to move back, because soon as you do, they're going to figure out another way to do it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So we had a presentation last week and a parent's like, you know what, this stuff is not even relevant to me because my child don't have a phone. And so I said, I understand. Let me say, listeners, I get it that some of your children don't have a phone. But do they go to school? But kids have a phone or have internet at or have internet? Do they spend a night at someone's house that have a phone. Do they go to school and have a school computer. We gonna get about the education system real soon because they still have accents and the reality is this is the digital world is their world, so it's nothing we can do to prevent it. But we need to get in front of it, right because when they get eighteen, they're still going to have access. Just they're going to be rampant if you decide to not give them a computer now because I have someone said, well, homeschool, My children don't have that accent, but they will. That's the thing, right, the things are going away you bank. Here's a scenario in zoom world. I'm sorry now, zoom with COVID, you didn't have to leave the house for nothing.
Speaker 1: Let's be real.
Speaker 4: You could have found a man, you could have got drugs, you could work, you could get everything you needed without getting out your being right. And the reality is that is still true today that many people don't leave home for anything, the groceries, the medicine, the man, the drugs, everything right from access from your phone. So imagine putting that on tim with a child, right, what can a child do with so much access? Parents don't give children rules of the phone. They panic when they find out something. Right, it's like, you shouldn't have done that, But how would they have known if you didn't say you can't, you can't, don't or look for it. Look, how many of your listeners have their children's passwords. I did, I will go. I graduated from Saying Mary's. In twenty twenty two, sum kum laide.
Speaker 1: I wrote guy, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'll be going back there next week to speak. I did my thesis on parents' awareness of their children being sex tracked through electronic devices. I found that seventy percent of parents never had the passwords, have never went through their kids phones because why they trust them?
Speaker 1: I get it. Should you trust probably not.
Speaker 4: But if you do trust them, you shouldn't trust who they're talking to. Noah, that's just the bottom line. Yes, you may trust your kid, but listen, they're young, mined. Think about you as a kid, and then add the Internet on.
Speaker 2: It, right anless possibilities?
Speaker 1: What can you do and getting in try.
Speaker 4: I tell people your children can go from here to Africa laying right next to you and never physically lead right and so imagine, let's talk to im talk. I want to really speak to my father's. Your sons are being groomed through them gaming devices, roadblocks, Minecraft, rand theft Auto, they have chatting components to them. I just learned yesterday that on roadblocks there's games in there where they can beat up prostitutes. Wow, there's a section of it where they can go into a room. Like they said, it's called p Diddy. It's a p Diddy child parents. Look, I just posted on my social media there's a Diddy section. They can beat up pregnant women.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: What is that doing for a child's mind? Making it seem like it's okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I encourage parents, if your kids want to play this game, go play with them.
Speaker 1: See what they're playing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: And the chatty component is scary because it goes like this.
Speaker 1: Hi, sona G. Where is your mom? Oh that came here? Huh right? Well what kind of car she drives? Right?
Speaker 4: And what happens is that person continues to look for your child to play because he's giving information. And so what will happen is he'll know so much information on sogna G. He'll start looking for his mother. Right, Oh she's at work. Oh what's she doing talking to them on a brown Right? Any kind of information they can. And I tell you, when your child is traffic, you are traffic too. And so I really want to get it across here that this is the crisis. And then the flip side is our education system. I want to talk directly to the education system. And I want to talk and say, the education system gave all our kids computers, they gave them WiFi, they gave them email. I recently have to when and I'm crossing my fingers with the Senator and I just wrote a legislative law. The law would look like that the education system would need to educate parents and kids about internet safety. Because think about it, you guys handed computers like candy right. Kids is young five and six had computers and emails, right, But they did not educate us, right. How is it staff keeping our kids safe? For instance, at your baby school, if a child gets a dig pig, how would you get any information about your daughter received a dig pic through the school computer?
Speaker 1: Sna hmm.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they would contact me. I mean I guess they would.
Speaker 4: What happens, Sona if your kid gets traffic through the school computer. I mean I would hope they'd have blocks on certain right on different websites or.
Speaker 2: Whatever the case may be. But I'm not sure how their computers will set up.
Speaker 4: I want to challenge the parents today, get your kids computer and see how many websites you can access. I'll just tell you my daughter has a school computer, I can get on Facebook. Facebook is the number one side of kids being trafficked? Can you get on Instagram through your child's computer? Can you access your child's computer? One thing the education system does do remind you if they lose it or break it, you gonna get the bill. You don't get it right, But what happens if something happens to them through that school device. The other thing I wrote about is why should children under the age of twelve through the school system have an email? If they have an email, remember I said children are predators too. My youngest pimp was under twelve.
Speaker 1: What it was a girl? She was peeping out her friends. She was a pimp. So here's the thing.
Speaker 4: If you find out your child is being pimped by another child in your child's classroom, what's the first thing, sona, you should do?
Speaker 1: Go see your mama. Okay, after you do that.
Speaker 4: Our children, yeah, they're not old men anymore. What does a parent do? Right if you find out your daughter If you found out your daughter received a inappropriate picture from her class mate, yeah.
Speaker 1: What do you do? You obviously reported to who, to.
Speaker 2: The head of the school, and then say you wanted the police contacted.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: And see, here's the thing. Everyone's had a different answer. The thing is we don't know, right, and I want the education system to invite me. Let's have conversations about how are we keeping kids safe through the digital world. There are so many beefs being started, oh man, through school that school time, through these phones, the cyberbullying, the sex stortion, the blackmailing. Right, and so I have just a little bit of more about me. I have my master's, I'm waiting to take my licensure tests. I'm in I'm working Country Crostic School District as a therapist.
Speaker 1: It is amazing what I see that is happening.
Speaker 4: And so many of these beefs are starting because of social media. Once again, parents are not monitoring, right. Sex stortion is having children's Let's let me say, some parents, your kids is taking pictures of themselves and they uploading it and right while you sleep or maybe you sit right next to them, right. And I want us parents to be able to get in front of some of this stuff because the things are that some of our children are doing, it's going to mess.
Speaker 1: Up them going forward. Oh it will.
Speaker 4: Some of the stuff could possibly destroy their lives and not on. When our children lives are destroyed, our lives are destroyed as well, because usually what happens is signa that was your baby? How you didn't know because I didn't, but you should have, right, And we are paying for things that we have no access. So it's just like SNA go put your money in Chase, right, you don't have the number to get your money out.
Speaker 1: So he said, well, how much money is in there? I don't know. The bank telling you listen, we don't know, we don't know.
Speaker 4: Just keep putting your check in there every month, right, But I needed to pay my bills too bad. And that's what's happening with these phones, these iPads and gaming devices. We're paying monthly for things we have no access to. But anytime the FBI, the police, Right, let's look at what's happening with P Diddy. Allegedly his youngest victim was nine, we would also look at Epstein, right, R.
Speaker 1: Kelly.
Speaker 4: So if it's happening on a global level, what do you think is happening right next to us? California is the number one state of trafficking, then you have San Francisco city wise, San Jose, Oakland.
Speaker 1: Right, have you been to Oakland lately? East fourteen?
Speaker 4: It is so sad to see those babies out there being traffic.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you, they all are holding a phone. To being in contact with.
Speaker 3: Phone be the biggest thing on them. Not they closed.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that much. Damn Yeah, for real, the phones.
Speaker 4: Right, and even down here in San Francisco, Right, the phones is because that's the connection to the pimp, whoever the pimp is, right, how they get their victims, right, how they meet their people that pay the johns. And so I'm asking parents, this is a crisis that these phones are getting our kids in trouble, and our kids are running away from us, being lured from us because of the phone.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So if your daughter came up missing today, Sana, do you know her friends? Okay, a lot of parents don't. They don't know that they've never met their kids' friends or the parents. Right when I was a p'll be like, you want to hang at Johnny house. You met Johnny mother? No, we have to get their business. Yeah, you can't just drop them off at the door.
Speaker 1: And the way that I'm right, and I encourage parents to read your children's messages.
Speaker 4: I absolutely do it is not and explain why, say, listen, this is about safety. I'm doing this to keep you safe and me safe. Right, it'll be random. Maybe think about a contract between you and your children. Right about the phones and all people, Mom, Hey you grazy. No, I've seen so much with these phones and iPads and gaming devices. It's all you gotta do is gonna TikTok and put it in and watch the parents talk about internet predators.
Speaker 2: You know, I saw this video the other day really quick at least parents who saw something going on with their child. And she had been communicating with an adult. But what she didn't know is is he was a decoy that they put there to show her physically what could happen to her if she talks to strangers. So the man pulled up in a van, she gets in the car and they don't show her face. She's a minor, but she couldn't have been more than twelve thirteen years old. Grown ass man. He was a good looking dude that they had in the thing, and I'm sure they had him use this real face and whatever the case may be. Here come the mom and dad with a man, ask on and gloves and grab her and she's screaming, her.
Speaker 1: Screaming, and they were like, it's us stop scream. Apps. Now you see what we've been talking about.
Speaker 2: You cannot talk to anybody on you know, whatever, but you can put guidelines on their apps or have like I'm monitoring what you have going on. So after that situation with Naya, I put that in there. But I think this is why it's important that people not only hear what you say here, but if they need help, reach out, because I think in a lot of parents' minds, one they use the phone as okay, good, you're doing something else that I got stuff to do, and I'm like, great, whatever, not really, I mean the same stuff you look at, they're looking at you, they get pop.
Speaker 1: Ups, they get all the things.
Speaker 2: And then also if I have to take accountability for what I made did not express to them, then I'm a bad parent and I don't want to admit that. So there's a couple different things I think that come into play with, you know, knowledge about the Internet and the harms that it can create with these young minds, Like if we approach it wrong, like you said, it could create long lasting damage. So when I initially found out about ny. I got upset and I blamed her, like, I told you not to make it public. So after a while and she calmed down, she cried at school and all the things.
Speaker 1: She was like, but it was somebody I thought. I knew.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even a rando that followed me while I was a public profile. But she has shown me like profiles of grown men that have been trying to follow her, and I was like, block them, block them. She's like, I don't add the mom, I don't add them, like, but they're out there constantly looking. So you're not failing as a parent. It's what I'm trying to say. You're gonna make mistakes every day.
Speaker 1: That's just a part of it.
Speaker 2: Nobody's perfect, not you, not me, biz in the future, no your husband exactly.
Speaker 4: I just want parents to know it don't matter where you come from. It could happen to me into a lot of law enforcement. Right, we're in the position, right if you not, mom, turn it or if you think not maybe not my kid, maybe your kid. Right, there's this thing on sign I want parents to understand. It's called adverse childhood experience. Let me just briefly speak of just an example of diverse. Say you have a parent, your parent that has to work two jobs, and your child is always at home. Maybe your baby is being bullied, maybe they have some identity issues, maybe they have.
Speaker 1: Suffered some type of trauma.
Speaker 4: These things places a child at more risk to talk to someone, right, And so I want parents to understand advers childhood experience heightens children to speak to people.
Speaker 1: Right. You could be maybe your father was incarcerated.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's domestic violence in the child, seeds in the home, right, maybe they're unhoused. Any of those things places children at a greater risk. If us parents think about what are some things as when we were kids growing up that wasn't a little shaky, right, that may have made us talk to someone that may have said, you know what, sona you pretty today? Maybe your mom or your dad never saw you. I told you you were pretty, right, But the people online will tell you handsome, You are so pretty. That's how the laur is you like. They like the compliment. Maybe they'll send you two dollars to get ice cream, right, right, so let me cam yo, let me cash af you ten dollars to get you some breakfast to tomorrow. Those things are lowering a child in right, And let's just go there. As as an adult, we like compliments. We like when people like our stuff, right, we like when they share it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So imagine that as a kid right, righted and a neglected kid right. And now they're starting to seek that attention. So there will to do more things to be seen by that person, right. And so I want parents to think about that all that on the time that your child is not paying attention to you.
Speaker 1: Who are they paying attention to?
Speaker 4: Are they gaming middle of the night all night and you hear them always talking?
Speaker 1: Or are youing with somebody? Tune in?
Speaker 4: Parents go in there, or they go to bed early and they own the phone and you don't say, why are you up, sir?
Speaker 1: Late? Are they late to school? Right? Are they having beefs at school? Right? Get involved with the beefs at school? Right?
Speaker 4: And so the last thing you want parents is somebody knock on your door and say, hey, we got a warrant, or hey your baby is missing, or and you first thing you say is, I don't have no idea who they could be with. I don't know any of my child's friends. They only have social media friends, right, And then they say, well, what's the password? I don't know, maybe the child lead the phone, can you get in it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: You must be able to get access to your child's phone, parents, because I tell you, probably ninety percent of the answers of what's happening is in that phone. It's right in front of you, right, and you can't access it. But who could if they wanted to? As minus an Apple phone is the police department. And you don't want that, right, So I'm not Our kids came out of love and pain, especially during Zoom. How many things were happening during that Zoom time, Sana is that we saw a lot of predators getting on zoom on kids. And if people look at that's why now they have codes to Zoom, because people were getting on showing a lot of nudity through Zoom during class, during class, exactly during classes. And I just want parents to know teachers are predators too. You can't always assume that the people who are teaching your children are are moving in a right mind. That and so that's why I feel like, especially with under twelve, that parents should have access to their children's emails, right and and say, well, only the teacher can email. Why I'm not trusting the teachers either, and no dig at my teachers because you guys have a very hard, hard job. But it's also the safety of the student because what if the student is trying to solicit the teacher? How as a parent can you say you may No, my baby didn't do that. And so I would like more access for parents, especially with the school computer, because these kids have the same computer for four years at some school districts. Right, so imagine you've never been able to access your kids' school computer. You have no idea what's in your kid's email or what's on your kids school computer. It's same thing with the cell phone. I could just set the cell phone off because I pay for it.
Speaker 1: But the right.
Speaker 4: What if I don't want my kid to have a school computer because they've had some previous history, would be in traffic Why in the school district?
Speaker 1: There is an alternative?
Speaker 4: Why if say, SONA, you don't want your baby anymore to have a school computer. We have paper when wet through school. I think we turned out pretty well. Listen you on Cambiel, it's not our kids. But what if you don't want your children to have access through a school device. What is the alternative with the education system. I know, I have yet to hear an answer, and I would like to would like to because everyone can't learn the same right and so the dangers are out there, and so I would love for the education symptoms to invite me to the table and let's have conversations. And I would like conversation around how do we keep these babies safe in the digital world.
Speaker 3: So do we feel like your books provide some of those answers?
Speaker 4: Yes, Oh, I'm let me speak on my books. So my books are called up so it's not k N O t oh, you are kids with a Z K I d Z dot com. And so my first book is called Operation Chat Don't Chat Back, and that's Nia, and Nia is talking to someone that she believes that it's her friend that looks like her.
Speaker 1: And then we have Operate.
Speaker 4: We have ready set game which is Nico and it's talking to my father's especially because our sons are being groomed through gaming devices. So he's playing games and his mother and father is telling him about the importance of not chatting with people. As of October first, we put the books in Spanish, both books because we understand that our brown population are being trafficked at.
Speaker 1: A very high rate.
Speaker 4: And so we have Luna which means to take it to the moon, and we have Leone and he's the ready said game.
Speaker 1: And then my Blue Book. And there's called cyber Pimp.
Speaker 4: But every parent should know to safeguard their children from online predators. And it just talks about how pimping has changed. It has moved from Cadillac to cyber pimp, and so it's talking about ways parents should think about keeping their children safe. For instance, stop sharing your children on social media. If you if your children's on social media, you should also be their friends. Talking about having a contract, don't tag your children, always have ongoing conversations while you give them a phone, during the phone and after the phone, right, and so it talks about those things. And I am I have been speaking at several churches. I was at San Leande School last year. I'm sorry last week I would be on crime for on November seventh. I was on KTVU last month. So I'm open to come and to speak at any and Double ACP sorry, thank you my husband Aaron Brown, so and Double ACP. They have picked me up as an ambassador and Valao. This is a new phenomenon, but then again it's not because pimping has been around for a long time.
Speaker 1: I just want parents to know.
Speaker 4: I found a statistic that said pimps are making anywhere from between three hundred to six hundred thousand a year per child. Think about how many times that child would get sold and that is a lot of money. And it's very difficult for police to catch things because one the child has to cooperate, right, They have to be able to get in the phone. You have to identify the there's so many and listen, everybody's short staff right now, right, And so what's happening is they're usually what say, sign of our kids ran away, but really you might believe this. They've been lured away our children. And I'll just say, parents, get on Megan's Law. Find out the pimps that and predators and sex offenders that's in your neighborhood. You get on Megan's Law website, you probably will see people in your neighborhood who are our sex offenders that should be registering every year. That is a website you should always look at no matter where you are.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: I'll certainly say that it is a lot. And I feel like you know a lot of the parents out there. This is actually it's absolutely an episode to lock into because, like you said, it's nothing new. It's just has a new face, you know what I mean. It's we're a long ways away from the VHS tapes my mama used to popular, and they be watched, and it's important to have the information.
Speaker 4: And so I would I would ask you know, some of your viewers, what would you do if you found out your son or your daughter was a pimp?
Speaker 1: What would you do?
Speaker 4: The other thing is these pimps are and pretters are encouraging our children to self harm. There the suicide rate is very high right now. Mental health is very high parents, and a lot of it is due to these phones and what these children are seeing.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: And so you can save your baby mental health by getting in their business right and letting to them know that they can come and talk to you. Don't be so tight where your children can't come talk to you, because let me tell you something that if they not talking to you, they talking to somebody, true, And wouldn't you want them to come and talk to you that I believe the ages of At least when I came up sna we couldn't come talk to my mom about anything sex noney, you scared, right, But these days we need to be able to talk to our parents are paying Our children should be able to because all they have to do is google anything you don't want to tell them.
Speaker 1: They's okay, cool, right, look it up.
Speaker 3: Seconds they got it right.
Speaker 4: And when you want to be the person that they can get the information from. Because the Internet, the information can be skewed. It's not always truthful, right, and so any questions they have, regardless of fness, of where you come from, your background, your children should be able to ask you just cringe, say say wait one second and take a break, right and come back and allow them to ask you the question and be very truthful because a lot of times they may have already did the research to me, she's gonna lie me, she gonna tell me the truth. And so I think you'll be viewers. You guys can purchase the books off my website not our Kids dot com. We're also on Amazon and please buy the books. I am come and I will come and speak at any of any place all my speaking if you want to book me for speaking engagements on my website. And I'm telling you parents, please, if anything you heard me today, go to your school systems and ask them who's keeping my baby safe? Because I tell you it's the ITD staff. Do they get off with us at four thirty? Do they work weekend? Because listen, when are our kids are they online? They're online after four thirty and on weekends. So if your child was god in some nudity or something that's happening, will they only notify you Monday between a thirty to four thirty? And if in fact your child is found to be traffic through a school device, what are the resources not only for the kid, but we have to also have had resources for predators too, right we defn especially if they're children. And so I just want to thank you Sona for giving me this platform.
Speaker 1: Did you have any questions? You guys have any questions for me?
Speaker 3: I thought you covered a whole lot, and it's it is, It's all.
Speaker 1: Important, it's all important.
Speaker 2: I think it's just repeating it over and over again like anything, because again, like parents.
Speaker 1: Are busy, we're all busy. But what you can't be too busy for is the safety of your kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we absolutely have to pay attention. You have to ask questions, you have to you know, some parents it shocks me. They're like, man, NYA tells you that my kid doesn't tell me anything, and I'll tell them about Oh so I heard you know so and so is dating so and so what dating who? And I was like oh, and then I have that slight.
Speaker 1: Hoodman telling like oh damn, I'm stitching.
Speaker 2: And then and then the next step it's like, oh yeah, like NYA told me that they apparently are holding hands in school or whatever. But having those conversations and being a community too is helping. Like if you know your kid is into some bs or somebody's kid, is you know, and that you seem like that the parents don't are oblivious, say some yes, say some because the next thing, I got in trouble with something of some girl I guess came out to one and I as friends group and said I have feelings for you, and then that girl said nope. And the little girl said, well, what do you want me to do? Kill myself? And whenever I hear a kid or it and that I will never like the parents of the girl who apparently rejected the girl who was expressing herself kind of distanced themselves from me. And I wrote them a message and said, I understand if you feel like maybe I'm meddled.
Speaker 1: And this may be an old issue, but if.
Speaker 2: Any parent, anytime ever tells me that a kid said something, or my daughter tells me a kid said something about somebody killing themselves, I'm gonna get involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's just a guarantee.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure that if it was your child, you would want me to do the same thing. And if it's my child, I want you to do the same thing, because it's different.
Speaker 1: The world is different. It's just different.
Speaker 2: And just to worry about people like you said rolling by the block, which I've also had happen. My daughter's out, you know, playing in the water slide with you know, when she was younger.
Speaker 1: Here comes is full with his phone. Yes, mm hmm. I mean you gotta watch all angles. It's just more of them, more of.
Speaker 4: Them, yes, and some of them not secret. That's the thing they holding the phone just up and just film. And I tell you that what she said with the self harm stuff, imagine parents, if your children wants to harm themselves and they wrote a letter and you have no way to access the phone. There's the suicide rate is very high. And the thing is, they say, it's so like it's just conversation.
Speaker 1: I want to die. Yeah, now it's like I'm gonna kill myself. I'm like, is this do you really mean that?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: They have this app that makes gunfire sound? Have you heard about this? This is a new trend at my daughter's school. And I was like, if you dare download that thing or use it? Like if a kid says, oh my god, so and so likes me and like a person's tired of hearing it, like another kid, they'll turn it on like they're trying to shoot them and it's like a trend, that's a And I'm like, there's so many things that they just make up every day.
Speaker 1: I know it's taxing to pay attention.
Speaker 4: But how would a kid know that's not cool? Because you got to tell them.
Speaker 1: You have to tell them it's a norm.
Speaker 4: Right, If it's a norm, how would they know, yeah, that not to be especially because things go so viral on TikTok bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, And that's probably where they got it.
Speaker 4: The TikTok and so I parents, please please check your baby's phones and let them know why you're doing it.
Speaker 1: And I appreciate this.
Speaker 4: I think this is something hopefully listen, we can get it on Pixar have a.
Speaker 1: I was wondering.
Speaker 4: I was thinking it should be like and you know how you take your baby to the movies and be like a small trailer because we're giving kids film like don't chat.
Speaker 1: Back, right, that's one of my hashtags. Not our kids.
Speaker 4: Don't share your past words, right, start grooming them early in a good way of telling them. We don't share ourself. We don't tell people our names. It's the mama, don't don't put me on your Facebook, right. We almost need to get there, like, don't share anything on social media because once it's south there, it's it. Can you imagine somebody if you were a small kid that walk home and say, hey, son.
Speaker 2: You I know your mother back of the day.
Speaker 3: Right, you and social media age it is just different media it has.
Speaker 2: If you're convinced that that's how you prove yourself as you're popular, you mean somebody because you've got a bunch of likes. So it's better to work on the other side of it, because it's like working against a mountain.
Speaker 1: I know it is media thing and it's only gonna get worse.
Speaker 3: It is, well, this is all day, but we appreciate you
Speaker 4: Again, not our kids, k n O t oh U r k k I d Z dot com