Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, it's me June Bloopers.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make an appearance on the Bit and Skin Show.
Speaker 3: Y'all gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's time for this. I w w ef with I show.
Speaker 4: You're gone ruin it gig for simplar to be pursuing it.
Speaker 2: Hold out Shaw shaking through the sewer. Dude, Now what chilling?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 2: Eagle Yeah, we're doing it. Three you plotting on the dock and got a habit for my house or go? That is how we're starting getting cratty shows that enough multiply like a rabbit. Tune in so out, break it up, feed the habit.
Speaker 3: I won't hang out with my friend talking on the radio, mins.
Speaker 2: Talking on the radio. It's time to to in sponsor.
Speaker 3: All in we know.
Speaker 2: Okaji ah yes, SALONEA welcome.
Speaker 4: It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle Man. Thank you for tuning in, Thank you for listening, Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine. We got big news, big things to get to today. The Diddy verdict is in. We get the new trailer for the Dallas Cowboys documentary that's going to be out. We'll get into that big, big stuff. Green Day got disrespected. We got a lot to get to, a new food Fighters song, plenty to get into. But let me introduce the crew. I'm Ben Rogers, and I'm joined by my close personal homies since nineteen eighty two, Jeff skin Waight. It is amazing how good the mood is when you're halfway through a shortened work week.
Speaker 2: Is it not the best?
Speaker 4: I mean, it just energizes me in the most miraculous ways. I'm going, oh, it's Wednesday, but it's actually my Thursday. Emotionally, I love holiday week. It's like getting up a hill and then downhill. We're on the downhill side, downhill side, but not like in the metaphorical sense, in the literal.
Speaker 2: Sense, come home, ye ye.
Speaker 4: Also joining us today is the pride and joy of some of those early two thousand JV only baseball teams, Kevin K. T.
Speaker 2: Turner.
Speaker 6: So they get there speaking like you're speaking like a person doesn't like your job.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 4: I like my job fine, but like most people, I'd rather not have a job.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, you can love what you do and still rather be independently wealthy.
Speaker 2: You know what did you do today?
Speaker 4: Well, I played golf and then took a quick trip to Aruba. Because I'm independently wealthy. What did you do at your job that you loved.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty project oriented, but I could if that was my job just to do random projects that satisfied me.
Speaker 2: That would be good.
Speaker 4: Right, see what I'm saying, Like, I can love being here on the Eagle and also wish I was independently wealthy and setting instead.
Speaker 2: Is that what you call your private time? KT? Time to privately just projects? Yeah? Project to satisfy yourself? Private projects? Knock at the door of doing a project to entertain myself. That's a great long name for porn. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Which lotion works best for the skincare kaing routine?
Speaker 2: Pause? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Also joining us now is the pride and enjoy of Crandle Texas for a moatmeal pizza, ladies, and gentle mccrishina care a little bait of corn bread?
Speaker 5: Rick?
Speaker 1: No, thank you for the pause, Ben, I have to tell you guys something weird. By the way, I might be a little psychic. So we got a brand new food Fighter song. Right, this is the first one in three years, I believe we're gonna playing like seven or eight minutes here. Yeah. So, Monday night, before we knew anything about this, I had a dream that Dave Grohl stopped by the office and he was like stopping by and like actually talking to people before, not just signing autographs and taking pictures, but like having conversations. And I just remember sitting there with you guys, like what are we gonna what are we gonna say to him?
Speaker 3: What do we do?
Speaker 1: Anyway? So I just thought that was really weird that I had that Monday night, and then today we've got brand new Food Fighters that no one knew anything about.
Speaker 4: Did Ben in your dream immediately bring up to Dave Grohl the child he had out of wedlock. No, well not immediately. It's I'm like the guy, you know. It was Austin Power staring at the mole and he couldn't stop saying mole. It's the elephant in the room. Hi, baby, Dave grol Don't ask him about that. Don't ask him about that, don't add the first thing you do is ask him about it.
Speaker 1: How's your wife?
Speaker 4: Your guitar looks like a pacifier. I know it's been hard for you because you did the whole thing with your wife and all that. Just thank you for being here.
Speaker 6: I'm glad that you dreamed that he was in the office though, because rather than you know, the person who's actually in the office every day.
Speaker 2: Jelly roll, Yeah, you walked to the breaker. What are you doing here? He was at the security desk again today. Always here.
Speaker 4: God bless Jesus. Shout out to Tyler Norman and happy dad. This is gonna be a fun show. Very excited to be off and running. In my prep for today's show involved me looking at Del's Texas TV for a few seconds. Oh hell yeah, and uh man, it's I don't know if you guys all follow Dallas Texas TV, but it's become a go to news source in Dallas Fort Worth for me. If I just want to know what's going on at Dallas Fort Worth, you just pull it up on social media and you're gonna have all the most important stories locally. It is the single most ubiquitous thing on social media in our metroplex. Like in other words, crossing over old boundaries and reaches. You know, you walk up and there's like a seventy year old lady watching fights at a Waterburger at three am, Like, oh, you must be looking at.
Speaker 2: Dallas, Texas DV. So I just just catching you.
Speaker 4: Up on some of the stories they're covering. First of one, I see is Governor Abbott signs law allowing Texans to use gold and silver its legal tender.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 4: So does that mean you guys go to McDonald's and like pay with like a gold flake your six piece? I mean, I didn't look at the bill, but can't you already do that with like a stack in Nichols?
Speaker 2: I mean nickel? Were they that's what they're called?
Speaker 1: Nick?
Speaker 2: Well, then what are dimes? Yep? I don't know they had Obviously they covered sports.
Speaker 4: They got the Gangelo Russell thing signed his two year, thirteen million dollar contract with the Mavericks.
Speaker 2: That's big.
Speaker 4: Hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then I see Dallas judge dismisses A G. Ken Paxson's lawsuit challenging State Fair of Texas gunman and I'm like, so, wait, someone's fighting to get guns back in the state fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ken Paxson wants everyone to be armed and pointing guns at each other at old times.
Speaker 6: So it's Texas. It's weird from a guy who can't even look straight either. He's got that one trailing off. Yeah, my dog has the same thing.
Speaker 4: I saw another thing where there was somebody who posted a local McDonald's and they were like, why is the food taking us along? They took their camera on their phone camera back there and there was one person working the entire restaurant. Wow, one person. And then maybe my favorite, this is from Deep Elm last night. Good infomercial for a Deep Elm. Two ladies both in the wheelchairs fighting in the street.
Speaker 2: Let's go go there.
Speaker 6: It is that you missed one? Did you see the rattlesnake gender reveal? No? Seriously, dude, let's get the snake on.
Speaker 2: All right, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: All right, we were off and running, Skin, where are you going to take us? And things? Skin is tracking? Well, I got several things, but we're about to play the new food Fighter song, so we're going to talk about them. To ninety seven point one the Eagle. That was the brand new food Fighter song Today's song, and I think we want to talk about it, but first it's time for this.
Speaker 7: Track another edition.
Speaker 2: Things Skin is tracking all right.
Speaker 4: I did not know that we were going to have a brand new Food Fighters song. Until we talked to our program director yesterday at two o'clock. Is that when you guys first found out. Yeah, yep, so they did a really good job of hiding all this.
Speaker 6: I like being told to not to say anything about it. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: You love being told what to do, So you're a ballgat guy. But I was very excited to hear it, and we're going to be playing it again in the five o'clock hour. Maybe maybe you've heard it earlier today here on the Eagle, but I don't know what. Did you guys have any thoughts or expectations about this going in?
Speaker 2: No, not really.
Speaker 4: I just know that my general baseline expectations for them is it's going to be phenomenal. Everything they do is really really strong. Are they the second biggest rock band in the world behind Metallica?
Speaker 1: Oh, I was about to ask the first I would think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean they haven't been able to tour recently because of all the crap they've had going on, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard to Yeah. I just think I liked you thinking about that. I think in Green Day might be more prepared than Food Finders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe it's just something about Dave grole being the face of that and how real and authentic and approachable genuine human being is.
Speaker 2: I just have a high expectation for everything they do.
Speaker 4: I think the thing I really like about Dave Grohl, and maybe it's because of that Sonic Highways series he did on HBO or if you ever saw the Sound City documentary he did, it is very evident that he is a huge music fan. Like he loves music and loves talking about music and all different kinds of music.
Speaker 2: He's what we call ahead. He has a.
Speaker 4: Music head and that comes across in pretty much everything he does. But I don't know about you, guys. I was kind of listening to the lyrics. I actually pulled him up and looked at him a little bit, But I was really curious, is this song in some way going to be about what he's been through with his personal life, which you know is you know, much discussed and talked about and all that sort of thing. Saying there's two sides to a river, right, So yeah, two sides to a story, and it's hard to know what you're looking at if you don't know both sides.
Speaker 2: Is that what he's saying?
Speaker 4: And also the idea of you don't, don't let what others say drag you down and say you're worth And that's kind of a common theme and a lot of food like that. That's the idea of best of You, for example.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, well in their last album, a lot of those songs are about Taylor Hawkins, their drummer dying. Yeah, And that was like kind of writing from a personal place, which they haven't always done. So I thought that was it's very easy that he very possibly could have done that. It's not overt in anyway.
Speaker 4: Then No, I was gonna say, I think the song is written in a way where it could be about because it's their thirty year anniversary, it could be about the band, it could be about personal life. It's written in a way where you can sort of project whatever you want to on it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: It just kind of hits at an emotional core, and then it's like, oh, well, is he saying this?
Speaker 2: Is he saying this? And I think a.
Speaker 4: Lot of the best pieces of art or television or film or whatever whatever we read, if it's written in a way that stirs up an emotion and then you can attach your own meaning onto it. I always think that's the best kind of stuff. But man, I was thinking about this when we were talking to our program director Elliott yesterday thirty years of.
Speaker 2: The Foo Fighters. Oh my god, ah, we love you, Dave Grohl.
Speaker 4: Did. There's no way that you guys were old enough to remember when the Foo Fighters came out, right.
Speaker 6: Five remember, No, not when they came out. But the Big Me was like a big song that was played all the time. I thought like it would always stumble up on those shows that would Aaron Fox too, like you know, nine o two and zero and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I so Big Me was the second single off that album.
Speaker 2: The first one was No, No No I. I don't know. You'll get it. What's it called? Sing it out?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: You got this? I don't know the I don't know the name of it, but you guys what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to look it up right now and go keep it on though.
Speaker 2: But I remember the first time seeing it was it Weeny Beanie.
Speaker 4: No, uh, do you have that first album? I'll pulled up the first Foo Fighter album.
Speaker 2: This is a call. I'll stick around. I'll stick around. I'll stick around.
Speaker 4: And everyone immediately attached meaning to that being about Kurt Cobain, right, because Kirk Cobaine checked out. Depending on what conspiracy you want to believe or not, But anyways, I very much remember going, man, the drummer from the Foo Fighters is pretty good, right, Like, I had no idea he could sing and like he would sing harmony when they would do stuff like they did, you know, the the acoustic set for MTV MTV Unplugged. Yeah, and uh, and so you knew he could kind of do that, But I was immediately like, man, this is a badass front man. That's always amazing when some guy kind of steps out of the shadows and shows you this whole new thing that he is. Do you guys think that in general for the person walking around who's more popular Nirvana and their three albums or the Foo Fighters and their one hundred albums?
Speaker 6: That's impossible question, right, Really is an impossible question, is it? You just don't see a lot of Food Fighters T shirts selling at Target like you do Nirvana.
Speaker 2: Well, but Hama's out there?
Speaker 1: How many people wearing those shirts actually listen to Nirvan?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: But it's also I think somebody's way more popular in death. You know, there's that sensation too. Yeah, I can't worry if Nirvana is just way different.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can remember when Kurt Cobain died that there was a writer from Rolling Stone on MTV saying he's that John Lennon of our generation. I remember thinking that is the most obnoxious thing I've ever heard of. Person say you shut your mouth. And then as I got older, I grew to appreciate the sentiment a lot more, right, Yeah, And so anyways, to your point, Ben, it's like when you don't know where their life was gonna go. What they are is that thing forever and you feel deprived of it. But anyways, new Food Fighter song. We're gonna play it again in the five o'clock hour. One of the biggest bands in the world with a surprise gem today. All right, that it was things skin is tracking and it was involved a rock song. But here's what we got coming up in the next thirty minutes. We got skin Weight in the news again, a couple of problems for Jeff skin Weight with the Wayback Machine. And coming up next, Green Day gets disrespected on stage. That's next on the Eagle Things Dallas people complain about.
Speaker 2: That's going to be fun.
Speaker 4: We'll do that at four thirty shocking revelations in the new Cowboys documentary that's coming up at five o'clock. Also, what are the odds that the MAVs will win the title this on this upcoming season? What does Vegas say? All that's coming your way? But right now it's time for this Jersey news hot gods.
Speaker 2: Come stay on the top in the sho.
Speaker 6: Have two pieces of audio for you guys, and we will start with Green Day.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 6: Christina and I saw Green Day in the last couple of years, and they do a bit where they bring someone up on stage and they'll let them play an instrument. Usually come play guitar on a song and it's not, you know, like they're crazy turned up in the mix all the time.
Speaker 2: But one thing that they do.
Speaker 6: They didn't do this at the show we went to, but on their show, good riddance, I hope you have the time of your life. Billy Joe Armstrong takes the guitar off and it'll let the person from the crowd they brought up now start playing the playing the song.
Speaker 2: We all know how it goes. I wonder if they.
Speaker 4: Do any practice beforehand to know do we have someone that can actually play I.
Speaker 1: Always wondered that.
Speaker 2: I've always wondered that.
Speaker 6: The closest connection we've gotten is there's a listener of our show who we had on the show a few years ago who went on stage with the Killers and played drums for them and the Killers, I mean the way he described it. No, there's no sound checking that they people make signs. Let me play drums on this song. I kind of wish they'd kill the bits because they've been doing it forever now, So I don't know, maybe someone makes a sign.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of a known thing.
Speaker 1: That and good Rittens isn't that hard to play. I couldn't tell you the notes right now, but if you know the chords, I've always wanted this to happin.
Speaker 4: Well, this guy goes on stage and everyone knows that Good Rints is coming, and he plays the first notes to this.
Speaker 2: Oasis Wonderful by the Oasis. Have you heard Billy Joe go? Oh, I hear that again? Is that the same guy?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, he took the guitar off the guy. The guys trying to stay there by the mike. He's just standing there and then someone comes and pulls him off the stage.
Speaker 2: So he's just trying to do bits.
Speaker 6: He's trying to do a bit and hey, big week Oasis reunion show I think is tomorrow or Friday?
Speaker 4: Is that the one at Wimbley And it's in the UK. It's in the UK, It's got to be at Wimbley.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 6: I don't think the first one is at Wimbley. They may be playing Wimbley, but I don't think the first one is Wow, because everybody Kent's going Okay.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know what other venues out there big enough to hold them?
Speaker 6: Do they say that Principality Stadium and Cardiff I don't even know what that is.
Speaker 2: They're playing Wimbley later in the month.
Speaker 4: Cardiff as in Cardiff Giant, Cardiff Cardiff Giant.
Speaker 2: So oh, that was kind of funny though, you know a little bit that.
Speaker 6: I imagine that Green Day has any respect at all for Oasis, I know, but it would have been a lot cooler if they went along with the bit and Billy.
Speaker 4: Did you ever see the clip of Tom York playing Wonderwall. No, there's a clip out there where he's on stage and this is kind of like the heide of Oasis trash in every band that's not them, and so he starts playing Wonderwall like it's like something a baby would play, and he's wine singing in it like he's mocking it.
Speaker 6: Basically, the thing is when jay Z did it, because I don't think I've seen that, Gallaghers was like jay Z was gonna headline Glastonbury like nine, maybe he is twenty ten like that, and one of the Gallaghers, probably Liam knowing probably Liam was like it used to be a rock festival and he was doing that whole thing. And then jay Z opens his set with a guitar and starts mock singing.
Speaker 2: Voice. It's so good. I'll bring that break that out to more of if you want to hear that. I'm not super familiar with British racism.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they what is their deal? They well, their deal is classism. So they they have a lot and we have that here in America too, but it's very much the working class. But because they have an old a royal aristocra. So we talked about this the other day when were talking about Rushmore. There was like all these films that came out about working class Brits and those boys all wore school outfits and ties and stuff. So when they wrote it, they wrote it to be like a Mick Jagger type. But the idea was that if you guys have ever seen the Kinks when they were coming up in the sixties, they wore those little suits and so those are working class British bands, and so they have a great chasm between the halves and the have heirs.
Speaker 2: So it's a social class.
Speaker 4: Jay Z has more than him. So it's not that it's like, what is he just butt hurt that he's not rock. It's just like a, I don't know, they just talked crap to everyone, including themselves. Yeah, I actually found it. Let's stay on it. I'll move the other thing to tomorrow. Because okay, here's jay Z mocking.
Speaker 6: This is two thousand and eight at Glastonbury.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, he's just laughing the whole time.
Speaker 3: Kind of.
Speaker 2: He's playing crappy guitar with it too.
Speaker 6: But he won them over first by playing a song from their land great and then busted into ninety nine Problems and they're like, yeah, he opened the door for other genres to headline Glassenburg.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 4: That is cool, fantastic, all right, coming up in just over three minutes. We crank up the wayback machine and apparently Jeff skin Wade has some problems.
Speaker 2: That's coming your way.
Speaker 4: Next, Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle Man. We got tickets for Ice nine kills. That's Toyota Pavilion. We give it away using that iHeart app, which is free if you haven't downloaded it yet.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 4: You get to stream the shows, you get to download podcasts, all the iHeart stuff. It's all right there. Got what a great entertainment app. And to have a talkback feature if you use that and leave your name, your phone number, your email address, and the third person that can answer this question. Earlier in the show, Christina was talking about a famous rock star she had a dream about on Monday. Who was that rock star? She told us in the first segment. If you were listening, you know, and you're the third person, name, email address, phone number, you're gonna win those tickets. But right now it's time for.
Speaker 2: This, It's time to the Sulberg.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I've got three clips of audio to play that happened on this day in the past. Two of them involved Jeff skin Wade, Ellis. I first discussed this, this is a local news reporter. Weatherman did something, and he hell something his throat and then he admitted what it was after.
Speaker 10: On a cloudy start, bought there when I know it's gonna happen. I hate the cobbler. I was feeling it. I was trying to hold it in, and that just happened on TV.
Speaker 2: When you you don't have to say what you have the cobbler? Why was he saying that? Dude, there.
Speaker 1: Probably paste today, thousands of.
Speaker 4: People out there watching you. Probably you don't have to say what you had. Maybe did someone force him to try something? A coworker brought in a cobbler, or they did a cooking segment with somebody, Oh that's so funny.
Speaker 10: Hey, a cloudy start bought there when I know it's gonna happen. I ate the cobbler. I was feeling it. I was trying to hold it in, and that just happened on TV.
Speaker 6: It's like that what he did after, it's funnier than the actual burp. It's certainly not that big of a deal. It's a little burp.
Speaker 10: On a cloudy start, bought there when I it's gonna happen. I hate the cobbler.
Speaker 2: U there is that? That's a local guy.
Speaker 4: N it's a wild bag out. It was a local to someone who lives near him. Is that is that like a side? Is that probably the eighty fifth Market?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: It's a long time ago, and it's labeled in my hard drive as local newsman burps is actually period the weather man. He sounds very young speaking of other burping though. Just go to Jeff skin Wad. I was twenty seventeen written on it, so maybe twenty Maybe.
Speaker 4: All sound very young, twenty eighteen talking about Lonzo Ball at the next level, like he has some reference point and he's like, oh no, he's going to be a good pro. I'm just saying he's got a target on you know, the way he's analyzing It's great, that's great.
Speaker 2: That is really good stuff. Guys, I've been eating a lot of I think I've burped in the middle of that shippy. Can you dump?
Speaker 3: That's I am so sorry.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I think I'm done. You can hear in the beginning of it, he's fighting it off, fighting for his life, walking the tightrope.
Speaker 2: Let me hear the beginning dude, whatever piece of meat you had, your mouth was swimming up. Here was that at a barbecue's galore? So much, so much meat? Then meat.
Speaker 4: We would we would finish up like a stack of ribs, and then he would sit down a stack of surloin, like, oh, I can't well eat that.
Speaker 2: No, man, I love going there, but why don't always have heartburn for the show?
Speaker 4: Talking about Lonzo ball at the next level, like he has some reference point and he's like, oh no, he's going to be a good pro. I'm just saying he's got to target on you know, the way he's analyzing.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's great. That is terrible, it's kind of weak. Got to target on you know, the way he's a you know, I think.
Speaker 4: It's really strange where the sound of the actual burb happens. Yeah, a sentence. It's a weird place an inhale burp. Yeah, just saying he's got to target on you know, the way he's at analyzing.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's great. That is ride it out.
Speaker 4: Then all right, okay, wait a minute, So is this wayback machine is usually pretty close to the time when it happens. Yeah, so okay, we're probably doing you and be a free agency doctor probably something like that.
Speaker 2: Badass. Uh, this is just a live spot situation.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: I think we you were doing an endorsement ry for probably balconiskey back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: About the goodness that is about kone is distilling now they know in Scotland because it won a blind taint taste test out there when it when the Texas Single Mall made its way there and boy was there was there a thing there when that happened.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Tint test a blind.
Speaker 4: Blindest man when you have to put blindfolds on people and you line up all those tanks and they got to figure out.
Speaker 2: Who's that was?
Speaker 4: Like when Eric Andre blindfolded polyd Guess that celebrity with him up to his mouth.
Speaker 2: Blind? That is not an event. Y'all should have it all in town. I think we're having something similar to that on Friday here.
Speaker 3: We've been.
Speaker 4: Like the guess the celebrity thing based on being blindfolded and setting different sausages against.
Speaker 11: Sla Folly, the no clue what was coming about the goodness that is Balcone is distilling now they know in Scotland because it won a blind taste test out there when the Texas single ball made its way.
Speaker 4: There, and boy was there was there a thing there when that happened. You know what I'm saying, whoa when that happens?
Speaker 2: So good?
Speaker 4: All right, there you have it. The Wayback Machine delivers once again. Coming up next, don't miss it. What are the odds that the MAVs will win the title next season? According to Vegas And would you go to an actual Jurassic Park All that's coming your way next on the Eagle.
Speaker 2: Give me that moves quickie. Yeah, let's go give it to me.
Speaker 6: The Jurassic Park movie is being released today. Just go get today, get ahead of the July fourth weekend. They're hoping for one hundred million.
Speaker 2: Wow. On the domestic side, how'd my guy Tom do again? Only like seventy eight or eighty or.
Speaker 4: It was lower than we thought. And I forgot what movie? Oh it was Leelo and Stitch. Yeah that beat it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What did that have? One hundred?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 2: Okay, you know it is u.
Speaker 4: I mean we were talking about a three day weekend here plus adding in Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Tom was a three day weekend. Two it's memorial. Yeah, but it was competing with another huge release.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, uh, this is the only huge release this week. They are expecting F one to do really good again in week two because it did up fifty million. So, but there was a poll that was that was sent out. You know how poles work, you know, they get a certain amount of people, and this one is about them. If I'm rounding up six thousand US adults and I can break this down in other demographics. But the question was, if there were a theme park with live dinosaurs that had been created through genetic engineering, like Jurassic Park, would you want to visit it Christina?
Speaker 2: I immediately thought of Christina.
Speaker 1: Yes, Also it depends what type of dinosaurs. But you would hope that we're not dumb enough to just repeat the same mistakes that happened in Jurassic Park. It's a movie. We all know movies exaggerate quite a bit.
Speaker 6: There's some very lax security guards happening in Jurassic Park.
Speaker 2: I think you have to factor that in.
Speaker 4: Look, the whole idea of Jurassic Park is that, yes, it would be a great tourist attraction, but there's no way to contain them and they will eventually get out and eat you. So the question for you Christina is yes, can you get to the park and visit it before they lose control of the park in the dinosaurs start eating everyone?
Speaker 1: Well, can you not make a park that's just herbivores and no carnivores?
Speaker 2: No? What about ken?
Speaker 1: I guess I mean we've got zoos. How often the lions and bears get out of zoos?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: And what about when you visit the pterodactyl dome? Yeah, you can't do whether they're just flying around it's way. That's a good point, there's a pterodactyl dome. But would the zoo be as interesting as it is if there weren't lions and tigers?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Is it interesting to just go look at the herbivores?
Speaker 4: I think in the few future will have people in cages and it will be like, oh, look there's there's the working class Planet of the Apes style.
Speaker 1: We kind of already are in cages, right, and we have people walk by in the studio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hi, looking through the window, puppet like they're Charlotte Jones Anderson and where John They're John Bonjo be hanging out. I think it is guaranteed that if you and this will happen eventually, right, Absolutely, we'll clone dinosaurs and there will be dinosaurs that will exist eventually, and life will imitate art in that in that regard. But it unquestionably if they make the torontosaurce rex, it will break.
Speaker 2: Out, break out of the cage. Yes, how big is the t rex.
Speaker 4: Is Toronto source of the tarrannosaurs, which they're from Canada, the Toronto Saurus rex. And that's what I totally forgot. Cavanaugh, Jeff Cavanaugh, our former colleague, has gone out of way to disparage the Torontosaurus rex. Is anyone here in that camp too that thinks that they suck? No, I never spend any time thinking about dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, no, suck.
Speaker 6: But but but I will say the logic behind the logic behind his theory is good. The logic is that they're armed. They have no reach, so that other animals that have a better reach than them would be able to defeat them.
Speaker 2: Boxing mouth, Yeah, they're they're curls and bunches.
Speaker 4: Dude, it can reach you with its razor sharp teeth and giant mouths, kind of giant neck, long neck and long neck.
Speaker 6: The hell out of you, I'm more likely to believe that the fossils that were all found, you know, and then kind of pieced together, that the dinosaurs didn't really look like that. That we have scientists over the last few generations who have had their little puzzle pieces and they've made these dinosaurs out to what we think they are.
Speaker 2: The guy who drives away from tornadoes. I think no pro museum KTI into safety.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know I'm saying, but like for museum museums that have is right, But how many you know places it's got keep dinosaurs are dinosaur bones that aren't in actual museums. Yep, there's they're everywhere. You don't believe in the dinosaurs.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 6: I just don't think they are as beautifully depicted as we are imagining it from watching TV growing up and seeing Jurassic Park, I think, what do you think they are?
Speaker 1: They do look different. No, you're right, I mean like the skin for sure, big lizards. We don't know if they're scales or if they have feathers, like they're still figuring that out. You're right on that part.
Speaker 2: I think every dinosaur was feathered.
Speaker 6: I think they're pretty ugly. Okay, So twenty nine percent said they would go.
Speaker 4: Now, if you break that low number, I thought it would be like, hell yeah, because it's so easy to answer answer a question for something that will never happen.
Speaker 2: I want to say this.
Speaker 6: Republicans and Democrats agreed at the same about thirty three percent.
Speaker 1: See dinosaurs bringing us together.
Speaker 2: Skin. I love a bipartisan poll.
Speaker 6: Now, this one's surprise me a little bit because I will say there's something about dinosaurs and then going to a Jurassic Park situation. Maybe it's just because it's been all white people in the movies and that's not a white people thing to do. Twenty five percent of white people said they would, Thirty five percent of black people said they would. Let's go forty two Hispanics. Dude, Hispanics are looking for action at all times. Yeah, they are absolutely looking for action. And you break it down by gender, Christina, Yeah, thirty five percent of males said they would, twenty three percent of females.
Speaker 4: Ah, my daughter was trying to back out of a kayaking trip earlier, so that makes chiming.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's so fun. Yeah, all right, there you have it the news quickie.
Speaker 4: Would you go to an actual Jurassic Park coming out next What does Vegas think the MAVs odds are to win it all next season? That's coming your way in just over three minutes. This segment right here is brought to you by a Twisted Root Burger Company as we celebrate the birthday of Marca. Ain't nothing more American than a hamburger. My friends and Twisted Root Burger Company as the best burgers me and have been going there for years and recently they spent six months redesigning the menu and not only like leading it to an area where you can build your own burger. That's kind of like them getting back to the roots. So what they do, uh, but then also like recrafting their menu. It's a fantastic menu. It's delicious, it's a fun place.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: There's spots all over the metroplex, like they're in Carrollton and there's deep lum I mean they're everywhere. And if you go into any of these local uh you know, any of the locations here locally and mentioned Ben and Skin, say hey, I heard about you guys on Ben and Skin. They're gonna give you ten percent off. That's ten percent off delicious meals burgers and the like from the Twisted Root Burger Company. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Now, this is cool around.
Speaker 4: The sports, KTD twins as all the sports.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm looking at a few things that involve odds and playoff odds and things like that. So I wanted to break out a couple of things. One of these involves the Cowboys first and would do the MAVs. The Cowboys over under is still stuck at seven and a half, which to me, that's.
Speaker 2: It's the lowest it's been in twenty years for this game. That's insane. But their schedule is brutal.
Speaker 4: They have like a murderer's road, don't They have, like for the first time ever, playing teams with eleven or twelve wins consecutive weeks or something like that.
Speaker 6: It's a tough schedule because they got the toughest division in the NFC North, and then they have the Eagles and Commanders we think are good. I would balance that out by saying, okay, so they need seven and a half wins for me to make my money here, Well, if two of those games in my division are the Giants, I now need six wins. So six out of fifteen wins if you just kind of work it that way a little bit, because the Giants are gonna be bad, but maybe the Giants are better than.
Speaker 2: They were last year.
Speaker 6: So that's a tough bit. It just feels low. A lot of that's probably gonna do with Shoddy. I thought when the George Pickens trade happened that number needed to go up to like nine and a half.
Speaker 2: Dude, I just placed to bet, Well, we can't. No, I did with Malik Beasley. Oh yeah, hey, if you want to do that story tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Some of my favorite videos in the Internet of the last few days are him making sure that the other team covers late in a gain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've seen so that. Okay, so yeah, I look.
Speaker 4: I thought when they got George Pickens it made me think differently about this season. They still have some issues. We don't know how what is their tackle play going to be? Like? Are they going to be able to stop the run? I don't I don't know. There's still some questions. Who are they going to be able to run the ball. There are some questions, But this is what I was talking about. They face an unprecedented six game stretch against teams that won at least eleven games the previous season, including four consecutive games against teams with fourteen or more wins last year. Ye, so it's pretty brutal. They have to get off to a good starts. It's starting Week twelve. They faced the Eagle, the Chiefs, the Lions, and the Vikings.
Speaker 6: They also get some layups though the two Giants games, the Raiders. They have the Panthers, I know, who are a little better. So they have to go off to a good start. They at the Jets to the Jets are gonna be awful.
Speaker 2: Also.
Speaker 4: Man, the good thing for the Cowboys is by the time they face that murderers row is the time of the year where everyone's hurt. So you never know and that sport, I mean, could be the Cowboys that are completely hurt right well, and then they're screwed, but it could be these other teams and then you look at them, go how the Cowboys get twelve wins this year?
Speaker 6: I heard Shot he was saving his stuff for the for the back half of the season.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's a good thing to hear. That's what we don't know, like what if he's good at this or what if he's bad? At it.
Speaker 2: It's all about the maps.
Speaker 6: You talk about him odds to win the NBA Finals four next year, your favorite is clearly the Thunder. Right, how far down do you think you have to go on.
Speaker 4: The board to get to your Dallas Mavericks. I bet they're the NBA teams. I bet they're not getting a lot of love from Vegas because there's such a wild question mark with Kyrie's health. He's going to miss a lot of the season, and then Ad is like, how do you count on when he's going to play and be available. I think the teams with the three best odds are going to be the Thunder, the Rockets, and the Nuggets.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you look at free agency and trades, Thunder, Nugget Trucks, it is really easy to walk out there and go, there's your three best teams in the West.
Speaker 2: Then it's Calves, Nicks and the Magic. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love I said this when they did the when they did the deal for Baine, I was like, dude, the Magic are a top three team. And it really had more to do with the fact that it is just I mean, the East is a cake walk.
Speaker 2: Now it is a cake walk. Why don't they get rid of the conferences.
Speaker 6: I wish they would. I've been dying for that the whole time. I think even be wonderful. I get why they do it, but like, what, so, what do you do? Just play a completely balanced schedule?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 6: The schedule and take the top this is something Carlisle was talking about years ago, and just take your top sixteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and everybody plays the same team the same I think part of it has to do with travel and things like that and playing teams that are like it would be very hard for Golden State to play New York and New York to play Golden State as many times as they play in conference. But they have moved more and more towards a baseball style schedule, so maybe that is feasible. I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Divisions don't have any real bearing anymore except for tie breakers, So like, if Golden State was going to play the Knicks, they could just play two games in four day's or something or whatever and then in the other way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could do that, man.
Speaker 4: I also think the other team that I'm more curious, what odds do you have there?
Speaker 6: For the Hawks? They're disappearing. No, that's the Frogs. The Hawks exist and they are so. The Lakers are next at seven, sixteen hundred, then the te Wolves, then the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Than the Hawks. I love this. Where are the Mavericks? Dude? Fourteenth? I'm tied with the Celtics.
Speaker 4: I'm not allowed to best four thousand on NBA, but I'm gonna tell my son, I love I mean to me, that's an ideal position for the math right in the middle of the pack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody doubt him. Keep doubting them. That's great.
Speaker 4: All right, There you have it. That's what Vegas thinks. The Maths chances are coming up next. Here's here's what we got coming up at the five o'clock hour. Shocking revelations on the new Cowboys documentary. You don't want to miss that. But coming up next, what's going on in Dallas? What do we complain about as a city that's coming your way?
Speaker 2: Next?
Speaker 4: How about Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas. So unbelievably good, so tasty. It was named best pizzeria and DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. It's located in Plano, Preston and Plano Parkway. What are you doing? If you're a true foodie, you want to know what the best of the best of the best is. Get out to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in Plano Preston and Plano Parkway. It is exquisite Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: What's going on in Dallas.
Speaker 4: To sure is.
Speaker 6: So we did this a little bit last week, and I wanted to keep it going because I did look at some of this and I think it's kind of funny. But they released a City of Dallas community survey to Dallas City residents last week and Dallas Morning News got a copy of the actual file of it that's one hundred and eighty two pages. But on the back end of that people could put in, you know, their opinion, some of their problems. We discussed potholes a lot and things like that. So I have some more things. These are direct quotes from people that live in the City of Dallas and things that they would like fixed or complaints that they have. In all caps, Dallas Maverick's new owners.
Speaker 2: Oh God, that's great.
Speaker 4: Said, I'm gonna get my get my shot in here in this survey. This one is a gunshot. I want to say something. Yeah, somebody sent us. I sent it to you guys. They're in the Dallas Film Festival or whatever. I don't I don't know what. Which fust do you know? It's the film Festival and they've made a documentary about the trade, and it's just fa I watched just a few minutes of it.
Speaker 2: It's just fans talking about I think it's only like nine minutes. Yeah, is that right? Yeah, I'm like, Wow, I.
Speaker 6: Watched it and then I was like, I'm past it, So I felt good that I'm past it.
Speaker 2: Yes, dude, it's good. It's well done.
Speaker 4: I was just kind of like, I feel like I've moved on from that and that place those people are in is Cooper Flag changes everything.
Speaker 2: Getting that number one pick.
Speaker 4: It's it, you know, because the thing you lost with Luca was the hope, and you just got restored hope. You still don't have to think it was a good trade. I don't think anyone does. But that's in the past now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think.
Speaker 4: I also think the nature of this has impacted our politics greatly, the nature of our world and how social media manifest everything people are. They're just inclined to just be whatever they were and whatever they established themselves as publicly dig in double down. It's dig in double down culture. And so, you know, I have a few people that I, you know, big basketball fans, talk about this stuff that they're just kind of like I can see them slowly coming around because I'm like, you know, don't you ultimately like really like basketball and that kind of why you're in this thing in the first place. Weren't you into this thing before Luke was here? And so though you know, I mean, I think that probably has to do with the age of the person. Like if they're twenty two and they don't remember anything before seven years ago. But if you you got into it because you liked basketball in the first place, and if your stance is I refuse to enjoy this new good basketball, and like, well, why did.
Speaker 2: You get into it in the first place? Right?
Speaker 4: The Cooper Flag gift changes a lot everything, because I don't if Cooper Flag wasn't here and they had the eleventh.
Speaker 2: Pick or whatever and just got some guy, man, I would.
Speaker 4: Still be really upset, be sulking and trying to figure out what the hell is going on, right, It's like brain fog.
Speaker 2: Okay, what now we see the long term vision? Yeah.
Speaker 6: So a couple other Okay, this one is Downtown is a disaster. It's a trash covered rundown, urine covered mess. It stinks like rotten trash and urine. That's how they chose to use their time filling.
Speaker 2: In this I thirty is a nightmare.
Speaker 6: All highways are too congested, chronic problems with power outages after storms, that is true, but I think it's just storms are getting worse.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I think that's just.
Speaker 6: The world ignorant and slow city officials. Okay, do you think this is a little specific, a little specific to the area that you live in. It's what these people do though, loud modified cars and motorcycles on shallow road between Ferguson and.
Speaker 2: This bub rub a little. I love it. Uh. Prostitution Okay, I guess I don't know.
Speaker 4: Over there in the Harry Hines Royal Lane, walnut Hill, that area where it's always been And I love that b roll the news station show, like, how do you know you're showing a prostitute?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Anytime they do a story in prostitution they show scantily glad women walking the streets. That's just a waitress. What if it was just some lady going out to get the papers. Yeah, no casino, no Broadway, that is true.
Speaker 6: You know what if we had a casino or Broadway, I do think our city would be much better.
Speaker 2: I would love to take in some good theater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't we have we do that fair park. I saw Lion King on Broadway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they're saying when they say no Broadway, they mean that part of town.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would assume like they're saying, we need Times Square. I thought, I've been on this one's last one, and then we'll save some more for tomorrow or next week. Kids driving golf carts on very busy streets.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, dude.
Speaker 4: The other day, I was pulling into my neighborho light farms right off the toll way. In the toll way, you know, cars are zipping by sixty five whatever. I don't know, maybe it's fifty right there. It's tot way extended. And I saw three teenagers on a golf cart. There were boys, they were probably fifteen, and they were about to cross the toll way. Were they playing through in a golf court and I don't know where they were going. Yeah, there was nowhere for them to go but either north or south on the tollway.
Speaker 2: I know this is not gonna end. Well, all right, there you have it.
Speaker 4: Things our city complains about coming up next to the Today game. And then don't miss this shocking new revelations in the Cowboys new documentary. All that's coming away on the Beninskin Show next.
Speaker 5: You're all work Cowboys, Cowboys, you don't want it.
Speaker 6: We're still seven weeks away from this, but they released another little trailer from the Cowboys documentary series that's coming out on August nineteenth, America's team, the Gambler and his Cowboys. I trimmed it down, but I thought there's some new things in this trailer, so I wanted to play it for you guys.
Speaker 8: There's a soap op for three hundred and sixty five days a year.
Speaker 2: Texas Football Country, the Hole in Texas.
Speaker 9: Same so God could watch his favorite teams, the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: When I bought to Tack, I was dark laighter. Dallas fans aren't happy.
Speaker 5: I said that I don't know anything about running a football team, and he took met the eye and he said.
Speaker 3: Neither do life.
Speaker 2: We were gambling my family's whole fortune. So I had to take risks. And it started with Jimmy Johnson.
Speaker 8: That's a lot they made practice.
Speaker 2: Hell, so the game is headed. We played hard and then we played hard with success can also get disruption, though. Those officer who came to knee and they pulled to God who put it right now? No one ever thought Jerry had to get the fire. I mean, you don't know half the stuff that was happening.
Speaker 7: Else I could say you do it your way, baby.
Speaker 4: I was just say this trailer had a little too much of this for me. You need a little bit of that in a trailer. Here is the whole trailer is that. Here's the latest trend in trailers that drives me absolutely bad is famous song mixed with trailer music and we just take snippets of the vocals and we start like, uh, what's the new thing with Uh it's part of the john Wick universe Ballerina or whatever, and they're using Britney spears Hit me one more time, but really, yeah, it's weird. Oh I can't stand that stuff. And they're doing it here with bon Jovi. I loved it. I thought it was great. It got me super hype to watch it. I thought it was fantastic. You like that music trend? I know that got me hyped. Oh yeah, yeah yeah. Article in the Dallas Dallas Morning News ten biggest storylines Cowboys fans can expect to see in the upcoming Netflix docuseries.
Speaker 6: We talked about how this did feel like. In fact, it was in the press release that the Jones family helped with this. So I was like, which is unfortunate. So we're gonna avoid the White House, but they're going to hit on it in a way that they can manage the.
Speaker 2: White hit on it.
Speaker 6: The White House could be its own documentary, right, it needs to be, honestly, that'd be great.
Speaker 4: There was someone from Dallas working on that. I was a White House documentary actually got Padini and everything.
Speaker 2: So here's what we know.
Speaker 6: Jerry buys the team, Jerry fires Tom Landry, he hires Jimmy Johnson. There's a lot of focus on Jimmy Johnson. They'll talk about the herschel Walker trade, the Super Bowl parade. You guys probably were remember that, which I don't like. What the one that got the one got out of hand. That was only one of them got out of hand. The second one was the one where there was rioting.
Speaker 2: Ninety three. Oh well maybe that was the year.
Speaker 4: Would have been ninety four though, Yeah, I think the second one was the one that got out of hand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the ninety three Super Bowl is actually happened in nineteen ninety four. Yeah, so okay, the ninety three season, four hundred thousand people gathered in downtown Dallas, and it was a lot of kids were out of school and so there was just a lot of wild and going on. There's only fourteen arrests. It's not bad. Two dozen to the hospital. This are good numbers for four hundred thousand people at a parade.
Speaker 1: For a parade.
Speaker 4: I've just the Rangers World Series parade. There's like three gunshots. Really yeah, but also you got you gotta, you know, place this in perspective with the time that it happens and all that kind of stuff. There's no social media. I didn't go down to this parade. I didn't want to mess. In fact, I probably slept till four o'clock that day. Yeah, in ninety three, I woke up with my face and a pile of weed. Now, this is what this guy says in the Dallas Worthy News. Let me stick at the author's name. Let's put his feet to the fire.
Speaker 2: RJ.
Speaker 6: Coyle seems trust trustworthy, most trustworthy.
Speaker 3: RJ.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 6: The main conflict in the docu series appears to revolve around how the fame started them in success the nineties team started to spin out of control. What goes up must come down? Yeah, and discussing the White House, that's going to be the main part. Well, I don't think they're going to spend that much time on it, no.
Speaker 4: But but it's an over it's an overarching theme. Like usually a series or a show will have a theme. What is the reason we're doing this? What is the theme? And the theme of this is that the success was so quick, so extreme in the height, so dizzy that they couldn't manage it. And so you had players in court, guys running home. I mean Nate Newton said publicly, we ran our drugs and our whrrors out of the White House like they were so they felt they felt so emboldened they could just say this stuff publicly in a different era, and they felt like they were literally above the law dude, the Michael Irvin thing with the haircut Everittt MacIvor.
Speaker 2: He cut in line in.
Speaker 4: Front of Everett MacIvor and wanted to get his haircut when he wanted to, and they were at camp and witchdaf falls yes, and like they had to talk him down from slicing Everett mcivor's neck or.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, he did that, Okay, because Everett maccivor was a new player again arter allegedly the story allegedly whatever. But is that going to be in it? It needs to be. It needs We had eight episodes. We can we got room for the Evert mcivor's I think that was chan Gaily's first camp, if I remember correctly, it might have been his second. The idea that okay, if it's a star player, you can allow pretty much anything. Yeah, I mean and and so what I'm saying is that's a that's a theme for all of the cowboys of the nineties, is that you know, it's Icarus, it's flying too close to the sun. It's it's a common theme when you get so emboldened and so empowered, What is the ramification for those actions?
Speaker 2: I wish it came out next week instead of August nineteenth. God, I know, I know, so good? All right?
Speaker 4: Coming up next other big news, the trial is or the trial for the Diddy trial. The verdict is in. The verdict is in for the Ditty trial, and we'll get to that next. Yesterday you didn't even know it existed, and today it's all over our station, all right. Coming up at the bottom of the hour, we'll get back into our around the Beef series. Who is Metallica's biggest fight? We'll get to all that, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: And now it's time for Basis week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 6: This morning, I was locked in the trial of the year has come to a head. I'm gonna walk you through it timeline style because I was following this tweeting out my thoughts at kt fun tweets my hot takes on this huge case.
Speaker 2: This feels very Luckner.
Speaker 6: I was in my look neer zone and I've got a little Lookner in me. You do, Luckner, who did right on SNL for many years. That's an unnecessary sidebar. But he's unbiased. He has no agenda. He's agenda free, and that's why we trust him.
Speaker 4: You got a thick agenda. I have so many agendas. He's like Bill O'Reilly, I have a girthy agenda. Yep, it's vany pulsating nine to eleven AM Central Time. Okay, the way is it offensive to buy a painting that someone made of Burton Earnie live in their living room at nine to eleven's happening and they're watching TV. Their mouths are open, they're going and they're shocked.
Speaker 2: Where can I get this? Okay, so you're gonna buy it? I'm curious as to the existence of it.
Speaker 6: It absolutely exists, and I could get a smaller version of it for about fifteen bucks plus ten dollars shipping.
Speaker 2: But then I was like, I think a kind of bad thing to do, right, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, but it is funny cursing yourself and your family, putting a lot of bad mojo out there. But I'd like you to do it. Is that the worst thing to do than start an NFT podcast?
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 6: And by the way, if your family doesn't anything to do with you, it curse them. Right nine eleven am Central. Shawn Comb's lawyers are milling around the courtroom looking somber. Prosecutors are sitting and staring straight ahead. The judge is taking the bench the note from the jury. They've reached a verdict on all five counts. The twelve jurors are walking in now puff daddy p did he? Shaan Combs is seated and looking down. Shawn Combs has risen for the entering jurors phrasing, maybe you listen to not say that Shawoncmbs has risen ever, I mean because of what he's involved in. Did he verdict? Count one racketeering? The jury has found him not guilty.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. Oh, I was waiting on someone to.
Speaker 1: Class playing some pick a ball. What's racketeering?
Speaker 2: Its yeah, this is your racket tight enough.
Speaker 6: Number two trafficking of Cassie Cassandra Ventura not guilty. O really so we know where she stands on this case. Count three transportation to engage in prostitution related to Cassie guilty with a G. Count four trafficking of Jane that's not her real name, that's what she not guilty and the trafficking of Jane count five transportation to engage in prostitution related to Jane guilty with a y. So two of the five counts he's guilty of those are the two lesser of the five. Right, yes, Because here's what happens. Seawan Comes turned to his family and put his hands together in prayer. He did prayer hands, Sean Combs pumped his right fist. He then put his hands together in prayer and mouth thank you, thank you at the jurors.
Speaker 4: And then he did that one dance he always does in all those videos. Oh he didn't do that as a police song played in the background.
Speaker 2: Did he hand out complimentary baby to all the jurors?
Speaker 6: And the last one is Sean Comes is smiling as he shook one of his lawyer's hands. Now, Leaden was the first thing I told you about this. He's the defense was there looking straight ahead, sitting down while his team was all kind of milling around and looking somber. They absolutely thought he was going to get the book here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he didn't.
Speaker 4: So now and then he turned his mouth to the prosecuting attorney. You're next, Well, this is where we said. This is happening as we speak. There's a hearing going on about if he can go home or not.
Speaker 2: Now, each.
Speaker 6: Crime that he is guilty of carries a sentence of ten years each max. You know, he'll probably get less than that, but that's two counts of that. So he's looking at.
Speaker 4: Twenty How long has he served so far? Well, he's been in since September of twenty twenty fourth. We're going up on nine nine months or so. So there's a hearing happening right now about if he could get to go home. His team's like, look, he didn't have a passport, he didn't have a plane.
Speaker 2: He's not a flight risk. It's all yes, tons of money, he'll have.
Speaker 6: To stay at either his New York LA or Miami house. It's very strange, right, And then the defense is like, no, he's clearly a risk. Look at the he's we found him guilty on two of the five.
Speaker 2: Didn't they when they found him? What's he trying to leave in a plane? Yeah? Well when they and they did when.
Speaker 4: They when they searched his house, he was already on an island. Kind was just vacation though, right, so it was without bags.
Speaker 2: It's hard to know, yeah, hard to know.
Speaker 6: They also found drugs at one of his places that they're raided and he's aren't we.
Speaker 4: Just in the day and age where if you're uber wealthy, even if you're guilty, you can pretty much just buy a pardon.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I mean, we're kind of there. Trump talked about it even. I mean, that's what happened to that real estate couple, the Chris Leave. Yeah.
Speaker 1: God, they have a whole show about it already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they already got a show about us.
Speaker 4: Was one of the cringiest shows I've ever seen, you know, transfer to watch Chamdler Parsons dated that girl, the daughter and that family and.
Speaker 2: The dad he was say. Uh.
Speaker 6: The lawyer for Cassie As wrote this, Uh. Misventura believes that mister Combs is likely to pose a danger to the victims who testified in this case, including herself, as well as to the community. I think they're just going through the steps here, but we don't know, because again, this hearing is happening as we speak right now in the money hour.
Speaker 4: So good job Kevin you Yeah, if you testified against him, I would be terrified.
Speaker 2: Right now that they would potentially let him out. All right, There you have it.
Speaker 4: There's a weekly weekday update coming up next around the Beef Our Beef series continues. What is Metallica's biggest beef? We'll discuss next time for this Irish beef stew Are.
Speaker 2: You kidding me? Seen freaking million?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna ask you a ton of down for a second because I said I was getting angry, but now you're getting a little heat.
Speaker 2: Get off it, roast beef. Now I go home and still watch more, you know, for three hours?
Speaker 3: Yes I do.
Speaker 2: Oh, you don't tell me what I do and what I don't don't tell me. I watched the damn gaateng beef. Why are you arguing with me on about this? God? You make it freaking on the parable top of the stuff. Do you as see where I'm going with this beef? It's what's for.
Speaker 6: Ringer put out a thing top forty beefs of the twenty first century. Been having fun running through that. It's some good ones, bits of battles. I do disagree with the rankings on some of these, but I looked ahead and it does get a little spicy as we move on today, we're going to pick it up at twenty five.
Speaker 2: The PlayStation versus the Xbox is a beef.
Speaker 6: Yes, the PlayStation two dropped in two thousand, the Xbox came out swinging in two thousand and one, and there's a lot of Microsoft versus Sony feuding over the years, so it's a big thing.
Speaker 4: That's like the Marvel DC people. It's the Nickelodeon, Disney Kid Coke Doctor Pepper.
Speaker 6: It's Coke, Doctor Coke. Yeah, you're PEPSI getting the mix there too, though.
Speaker 4: And back in the day when me and Skin we're growing up, Atari was one of the first main gaming systems I had in television. Our house was in television. Later, you know, we had friends who had Collecovision, That's what I had. Rarely did you have anybody who was wealthy enough or rich enough or whatever or dumb enough to have multiple right gaming, you either were one or the other, right, So you were an Atari, an Intelevision or Khalecovision household. And I feel like it's that way with Xbox and PS five, right, Like you don't rarely will somebody have both, so you're either all about one or the other.
Speaker 1: I was PlayStation for a long time, but even growing up, all my guy friends were Xbox guys, and then sir Roy is an Xbox guy, so I had to.
Speaker 2: I had to flip over.
Speaker 6: Xbox people were weird, should be buttons and the controllers not shirped.
Speaker 1: Very It's not as hard as you think.
Speaker 2: You can get used to it. I agree with you. I like the PS five controller better.
Speaker 4: I just you know, I build my own computer and iprot game yeah as well.
Speaker 2: I use AI now to play.
Speaker 6: The thing I appreciate about PlayStation is though they went PlayStation PlayStation two, PlayStation three.
Speaker 2: Okay, he likes C or five.
Speaker 6: Xbox is like Xbox three sixty X plus Max Series X Series X Yeah they have. It's such so confusing what the Xbox has done with the naming of their systems. Who could know what's next unless you were just an avid gamer. Number twenty four Uh, okay, this is weird s This will be a quick one. Fifty cent versus a guy named Randall Emmett. What happened here is fifty cent started tweeting in twenty nineteen that owed him a million dollars, and Emmitt finally responded on the Internet when he said, I'm sorry forfty he misspelled it. I'm told now that fifty cent has that money, but I want you to remember that exchange because fifty cent will come back in a minute.
Speaker 2: Who told you he has that money? A source? Yep, number twenty three.
Speaker 4: This is Grimes, who is Elon musk Is ex wife and uh kind a restricted free agent for the Sixers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looking for twenty five million year. Yeah Dinwoody to the Hornets. I'm saying too. By the way, oh that's great, added way too many white guys.
Speaker 6: Versus Azelia Banks. Now, Azelia Banks was a singer. So Grimes let Azelia Banks stay at her house, her and Elon's house for the weekend.
Speaker 4: And she's the one with the enormous ass, right, Yeah, she was living here for some reason.
Speaker 2: Oh is that right? And she was in Dallas for worth until recently.
Speaker 6: I had to escape the Elon muskhouse for a weekend because Azelia started posting onlineer for that week saying that it was like a get out situation. Says that Elon tried to proposition her into a threesome. Elon claims he's never met her, okay, and then Grimes years later commented on it. But Azelia Banks ends up winning the beef because she said that Grimes smelled like a roll of Nichols. To go back to something earlier in the show, I have discovered Nichols are made by both copper and nickel combined. Dimes made of copper?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Not silver?
Speaker 6: Like people think incredible? That was a three PM hour conversation. I'm twenty two. Will Smith versus Chris Rock so mad I still quote I still quote it. Which part just alive?
Speaker 2: Oh that one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's bad and Will Smith is all over my timeline now still rapping and it's bad. It's so unbelievably bad. He did have it. He did it recently, like in some rap that was released. Take a shot at Chris Rock. You're like, if you disrespect me on the stage, expect me on the stage. I'm like, that's great.
Speaker 6: Just go into hiding for two or three years, you get a lot of money, and then come back out with a cool movie.
Speaker 4: He's talking about. He's rapping about Grammys and stuff like, man, who is this.
Speaker 2: For last one?
Speaker 6: And then we'll pick it up at twenty next. Mike Evans versus Marshaun Lattimore. If you haven't followed the NFL in the last five years, you might not know this. Anytime they play each other. It's like a cube to leave.
Speaker 4: There's like Richard Sherman and Crabtree, or a cube to leave in Crabtree. If pretty much anyone covering Crabtree getting fights all the time.
Speaker 6: It's amazing. Marcia Lattimar is not as like the only guy who can shut Mike Evans down. He gets in his head just throwing helmets at each other and stuff.
Speaker 2: These guys are crazy. It's like Pickens and Lewis. Wait, okay, uh, whish we played the Jaguars this year? Yeah, me too.
Speaker 6: I always wish that we'll pick it up in the top twenty again Metallica's Biggest beef of all time.
Speaker 4: Next Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Oh, we are barreling into the fourth of July weekend. We got one more day tomorrow. We'll have a best of on the fourth. I think most people are probably off and you can join me and Ben out at roller Town beer Works. That's the sponsor of this segment, and we will be there all weekend. Thursday night, we kick off things with brand New Funk, a really fun musical experience and Jazzy's Tacos. Then on Friday, fourth of July. We have all kinds of festivities going on, stuff for the kiddos. Ben and I are going to be hosting music bingos starting at four and then it's our fifth anniversary, so we got a big cake cutting and I don't know, Ben, you and I'll probably get up there and give a speech. It's six o'clock sharp on Saturday. To everyone who comes out and celebrates with us. Yeah, So if you've been wanting to come out to the brewery in Solina and hang out with us, we're gonna be there Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday, so at different times on each day we'll be out there hanging out with you. We would love to raise the glass with you, and thank you for supporting us. It's been such a wild ride. Starting a brewery is a hard thing to do, but we've survived because your loyal support. So thank you for ordering our beer when you see us on tap, thank you for putting us in your grocery cart when you see us at the store, and thank you for coming to see us at the tap room in Solina, the only place you can come get our merch.
Speaker 2: Cheers everybody, But right now it's time.
Speaker 4: For this, I think is big continuing our countdown of the greatest beefs of the twenty first century.
Speaker 2: We'll finish this up tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow will kind of treat it like a July fourth type show, even though it's July third and nothing. Well, beef's a big thing on July fourth. He's right number twenty. Taylor Swift on here again for the fourth time already versus Katie Perry. Now they both dated John Mayer and then they had a big feud that started when Katy Perry poached some of Taylor's backup dancers because neither one of them were good dancers, so they poached some of our backup dancers. Started a little feud. Apparently they're cool now, but whatever. I was kind of bored with that one.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: They should have taken that one off.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, I had I've got beef with their rating system, whoa, and I think that beef would be in the top thirty of their top forty beefs putting the system on.
Speaker 4: They brought some bad stuff on there. Do you know it should be in this one? Speaking of beef, Nolan Ryan versus JD Dude.
Speaker 2: Yep, that was a good one.
Speaker 4: It was a good beef because of Nolan Ryan starting that beef company.
Speaker 6: I can't believe they got in a fight in that conference room. Who said that? Who thought that really happened? I did you think there was?
Speaker 4: Like that was actually just us though, Like there are people talking goings on the air that like fisticuffs. Yeah, and it's like, no, just because no one beat up Robin Ventura in nineteen ninety four does not mean that this happened. Yes, in a conference room, Oh my god, with the projector. Yeah, I was like, yeah, I don't know if no one should have to work on time. Nineteen Lindsay Lohan versus Paris Hilton, this was so good for you. Kevin Paris called her firecrotch.
Speaker 1: That's why when you said it earlier, I just.
Speaker 4: Looked at you because of the Fire Crotch Festival. It's a pretty sensitive thing. Yeah, like getting firecrotch. Lindsay old Hand responded by calling her the sea word. And I'm not talking about cute carl. That's a nuclear bomb with women to throw that down, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've never been called that. I don't believe if.
Speaker 4: You've called anyone that, No you've ever been called that to your face?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, not female.
Speaker 4: Have you Have you ever run across a really mean lady and you've had that terrible thought.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever thought that word in my head. No, I think it's funnier to say anyways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that word probably two or three times a day.
Speaker 6: Sorry about her?
Speaker 2: Know about you? You know that that's a word that the Brits use. Yes, yeah, they're big on that word.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 6: Ultimately, that was just a fight overr mid two thousands at Girl Dominate. It's a little weird time mid two thousands, like that Reality World came about. People were kind of uncomfortable joking about politics and what was happening because nine to eleven and then we went to war. So it's like, you know what, let's focus all of our attention on tabloid stuff. It's not as it's not as good. Over time you realize it's not as funny.
Speaker 4: How well do you think the show holds up where her and Nicole Richie went around to the farmers simple life?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean for people who watched it up, but they love it.
Speaker 4: Dude, I'm saying, how old do you say if you just fired it up right now? How do you think it was?
Speaker 2: Never for me?
Speaker 4: So I don't think I would like it, But like anybody, man, I guarantee you my watch it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people love live Love Island and.
Speaker 2: They're having watch parties for that.
Speaker 4: What is Love Island just people hooking up on an island basically, you know, a reality show Love Island.
Speaker 6: You think you know, But this is the thing where a few years ago the vander Pump Rules had a big boost and people were doing watch parties for that.
Speaker 2: I still don't know what that was. What is it?
Speaker 4: I don't know, you know, some sense that's someone named vander Pump stuff couldn't It's just not for us, you know, But there are a lot of people like it.
Speaker 2: The Real Housewives of everywhere.
Speaker 4: M h, I'm eighteen Metallica versus and he guesses already know.
Speaker 5: And it should be higher, Iron Maiden, It's got to be Napster that was that should be higher, that actually changed the cultural landscape.
Speaker 2: That should be higher. That should be top five. So it is the demo for a single.
Speaker 6: They were making a single for Mission Impossible Too, which is seen as not the good one of the eight.
Speaker 2: It's the worst one of the eight, hadn't it been. I'm not an expert on it. Come on, you're our expert.
Speaker 4: The last one was really good, though, I couldn't tell you really either.
Speaker 2: There was a John wu one in there.
Speaker 4: That was Mission Buzble Too, which one had the U two song that was the first.
Speaker 2: One, I think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the demo for the single that was supposed to be on Mission Bossble Too eleaked onto Napster and they went scorched Earth and they filed a huge lawsuit against Napster and it actually brought down the company.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Napster died.
Speaker 6: But Metallica probably had no idea that LimeWire and Khazah, Morpheus and all these other places.
Speaker 2: Were the other thing.
Speaker 4: The other thing, though, too, is the way that Lars and it was Lars Ulrich leading to charge on that that alienated a lot of their fan base because they were definitely looked at as which Bully's punching down. Now, let me just say I don't disagree with them. Napster single handedly destroyed the music business. Yeah, but if you just look around, technology is destroying all of the old businesses.
Speaker 2: You either adapt or you die.
Speaker 6: I would agree with that. It would be could there was that they were artists could consent to what they're you know, you know, back in the day. Not now, clearly it's too far gone. But if artists could, certain artists be like, yeah, I'm cool with it, and if some much's like no, I mean although that would make people again look down at the bands that said no.
Speaker 1: You remember Radiohead, they're in Rainbows. They just released it, and they're like, whatever you want to pay. If you don't want to pay a thing, here you go.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I paid for it?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Nine dollars and ninety nine cents. Okay, because that's how much a download cost at the time. I was like, I appreciate your radio. Here ahead, you don't need my money. Here's nine dollars and ninety nine cents out of print.
Speaker 6: It's not that ten dollars goes to one of the Greenwood Brothers pockets though you know.
Speaker 2: Uh, they still released it, so it does.
Speaker 4: Then it didn't go oh they said they didn't have that on a label, the deal it's with They were no longer with Columbia.
Speaker 2: Or whoever that was. They'd moved on to their own thing.
Speaker 6: Number seventeen Trump versus Rosie o'donald.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: I think they were on the same side.
Speaker 4: And there a whole Trump bracket here, like a whole Trump and Taylor are the two commonalities you'll see on this list, more than anybody and more Taylor than Trump.
Speaker 6: So Rosie o' donald was an outspoken liberal on the view she was criticizing the Bush administration blah blah blah. And then over the years, Trump called her a pig, a slob, and a loser, and.
Speaker 2: Then o'donald would call him an orange anus.
Speaker 4: Oh, but then Trump like started dropping her name, like in the presidential debate with Hillary.
Speaker 2: They started dropping Rosie o' donald's.
Speaker 6: Name out of nowhere, and uh, yeah, that's how you get the number seventeen on this list. Sixteen Push a T versus Drake, Let's go should be higher. This is the one where uh push a T basically at least a song called The Story of adin On revealing that Drake had a kid that the world didn't know about.
Speaker 4: It's the most vicious diss ever. Guess it called out Drake for using blackface. Yeah, they they had. There was prominent rap figures that got involved and just asked pusha te to just hey, please don't do this anymore. This is getting too bad. This is bad for our whole industry, is bad for our industry. This is the napster of rap. Please, let's not do this.
Speaker 6: Fifteen man, they put on here two ladies from the show The Good Wife. So let's move on number fourteen. Fifty cent versus Floyd Mayweather.
Speaker 4: Oh and I like this one. It didn't Fitty tell him you can't read or something.
Speaker 2: Fifty cents on here a lot? So is he happy with the verdict?
Speaker 4: By the way, he uh, probably not. I mean he says whatever he wants anyways. But man, he went in on that fifty His baby mama was involved in freak offs and it made him unhappy.
Speaker 6: Fifty cent was wild in the ninety zero. He had a beef of jaw Rule two. We did a song called how to Rob and about how He'd stick up. That was any rapper R and B figure of the late nineties. It's one of the best rap songs ever. And it's not just joh Rule.
Speaker 4: He goes after every Missy Elliott like he lists them person by person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's before he blew up.
Speaker 4: But then we moved to sports because fifty cent and Floyd Mayweather were friends and they had a big falling out over money.
Speaker 6: Fifty cent, if you owed fifty cent money, he was going to go after you. So what happened is Flood Mayweather had to go to jail for a domestic violence thing, and fifty cent was like, okay, I'll run your promotional company or help run your promotional company while you're in jail. So fifty cent, you know, claimed he's helping him out. And then he said that he'd donate seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars he was owed to a charity of Floyd's if he could read a page of a Harry Potter book. Then Mayweather far back and he said, I'd give you one million dollars if you can get a video of your son saying that he loved his dad.
Speaker 2: Oh that's spectacular. That is a good beef, and that is a good beef. Good job, Kevin, we'll pick it up tomorrow. Top thirteen. Yep, that's a good round number. That's gonna do it for us.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget the time KT looked Fitty sent dead in his eye because he saw him at a Garth Brooks concert, and fifty sent looked at him and Kat said, did you.
Speaker 6: Know that butterflies? They studied them across the Atlantic Ocean. Only took eight.
Speaker 4: Days, and then fiddy sent never talked to KT again. Christina is going to stick around and play some tunes here on the eagle.
Speaker 2: There you going, well, I'm gonna get my sock back. Dude, you put a great summer. That's your answer.