Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Pastor Rick's Daily Hope with Rick Warren. We are so glad you're here with us.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: We're going to continue our series called The Keys to a Blessed Life. And when these messages, Rick walks through Jesus' Sermon on the Mount and shows us how to live a truly hopeful and purpose filled life. And now here's the final part of God blesses a heart of integrity.
Speaker 3: Imagine how the world would be changed if every Christian there are two billion of us in the world, two point three billion. What if every Christian went to work on Monday morning with integrity and said, you know what, I don't care if everybody goofs off. I don't care if everybody slacks off. I don't care if everybody's just saying that's good enough for government work. I don't care what everybody else thinks. I'm going to work hard, work cheerfully, and do it give it my best shot. What if Christians gained the reputation that people said we only hire Christians. Why, because they're the best workers. They work with integrity, they put in the extra effort, they do, they go the second mile, they're honest, They don't cheat, they're not lazy.
Speaker 2: They work.
Speaker 3: What kind of witness would we have in the world if we were all like that? Let me give you one more, anyone become You become a person of integrity by being real with others. You become a person of integrity by being real with others. You don't fake it. You are yourself. You don't pretend. It's what we were talking about earlier. You're authentic, you're genuine. You're not a hoop of crete dose. You don't wear a mask and talk a certain way with this group and then go over here and wear another mask and act a certain way with this group. And you don't act one way in church and one way at work, and then another way in the golf course or when you're playing shooting some hoops or whatever. No, you're always the same. You're not perfect, you're not sinless. It's not that you don't make mistakes. You do make mistakes, but your heart's in the right direction, and you are real with other people. You're not a phony, you're not a fake. You're not trying to be something that you're not really. Tewod Corinthians four to two says this, we refuse to wear masks. We refuse to play games. We don't maneuver and manipulate behind the scenes, and we don't twist God's word to suit ourselves. In other words, we say, well, I think this means this when we just don't like what it says. Rather, we keep everything we do and say out in the open. Your life is an open book. You're authentic. What you see is what you get. You are not a phony, You're not a fake. You're into integrity, not into image. Now, in a word, the world that is absolutely obsessed with appearance and with image. How in the world do you keep it real when everybody else is faking it, and everybody else is trying to live an image, be an image and act like they know this and do that, and they don't have integrity, and they're they're scooting by, and they're skimming, and they're cheating, and they're doing all they're not keeping their promises and all those things. How in the world do you keep it real? There's only one way. It's only one way. You've got to care more about God's approval than the approval of other people. That's the only way you'll ever become a man of integrity. That's the only way you'll ever come become a woman of integrity, because if you care about what God thinks, then you're going to do the right thing. If you care about what other people think, you're going to typically often do the wrong thing because what God thinks is sometimes I'm popular, sometimes it's difficult. The only way you can maintain integrity is to care more about God's approval, well done, good and faithful servant than to care about the approval of other people. PSOne nineteen nine says this, how can I keep my way pure? Blessed are the pure in heart? They get to see God? How can I keep How do I live a life of integrity? By living according to your word? You must stay in this book. And if you don't stay in this book, you will not have the strength and the stamina to live with integrity. I've said it many times that if I don't have a daily time with God in the Word, if I don't have a daily quiet time, and if I miss it for a few days, I notice it because I start getting cranky if I'm not in the Word. If I don't have a quiet time for a week.
Speaker 2: My wife notices it. If I didn't have a quiet time.
Speaker 3: For a month, you would know notice it because I would not have any power, spiritual power to clearly explain the word of God to you.
Speaker 2: You got to stand the word now.
Speaker 3: This message today, it's been tough for me to share and tough for you to hear.
Speaker 2: It's tough message because when.
Speaker 3: I go through this checklist and I go down this list of six things, I'm thinking of my own mind fail fail fail fail fail fail fail fail. You know, I'm just going, oh my, and I'm not really feeling that good about it.
Speaker 2: But here's the good point.
Speaker 3: Saint Augustine said this, the confession of bad works is the beginning of good works. And so if you are serious about becoming a woman of integrity, if you are serious about becoming a man of integrity, the first step is to own up that you haven't had integrity and just admit it. I haven't Okay, I admit it. God, I don't always keep my promises.
Speaker 2: I admit it.
Speaker 3: God, I don't always pay my bills on time. I admit it that I often gossip and I like it and it's a juicy morsel to chew on it, and God, I admit it. That I've been spending your money. I've been robbing. God, I've been using the Tide to pay my own bills. I've lacked integrity there, and I admit it. I don't always do my best at work. Sometimes I just slack off. Sometimes I take a little extra time running some errands, and sometimes I don't put in the full amount and I don't do my best, and I've taken some supplies home and I just it's in the little things that Tom talked about. And there's been a lot of times, Lord, I'm not really real with people. I fake it and I don't pretend. I do pretend I don't really be who I and I'm a phony. I wear a mask some of the times out of my own insecurities, and God, I admit it.
Speaker 2: I have segmented my life.
Speaker 3: And I've said I've acted this way here, and I've acted this way here, and I've acted this way and know this little sex life over here, this is just my little habit over here, and this over here, this is my little secret over here, and this over here this is my and I just keep them all separate. And it goes back to that thing about the Titanic myth that I should share that with you.
Speaker 2: They talk about the Titanic myth.
Speaker 3: The Titanic myth is this myth that you can segment your life and it'll keep you afloat. The Titanic was supposed to be the first unsinkable ship because it was the first ship that they ever segmented the hull. Previous and prior to the Titanic, all holes of a boat were just one open hall. And so if you were out in a boat and you hit a rock or another boat or an iceberg, and you knocked a hole in the boat, then water would flood in. It would fill up the whole hole, and the ship would sink. The Titanic was the first ship to actually segment and compartmentalize the hull. And they said, you know, theoretically, it's kind of like we do with submarines today. You segment the submarine. So if you take on water in a certain area, you can batten down the hatch. And the idea is you could take on a certain amount of water and it won't sh sink the whole ship. And theoretically that's true. The folks, when it comes to life, you're like a hole in the boat is a hole in the boat is a hole in the boat, and eventually it's going to sink you. And that little area you think you've got under control over here, it isn't under control, and it's going to take you down. Now, If you and I go out and we go fishing, and you're sitting at one end of the boat and I'm sitting at the other end of the boat, and I pull out a drill, a wood drill, and I start drilling a hole in my end of the boat, You're gonna get concerned and say, Rick, what are you doing. You're gonna take us down. And this is a typical response today. Hey, it's my life. Nobody has a right to tell me what I do with my life.
Speaker 2: I can handle it. I'm a grown adult.
Speaker 3: I can sin and get away with It's none of your business what I do.
Speaker 2: With my life.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but it is my business what you do with your life. Because we're all in the same boat. It's called earth, and we're all in this together, and you cannot sin and it not affect other people. I'm sorry, you just don't understand how it works. The truth is, this is gonna be very profound, but It's said in a very simple way. Sin may be personal, but it is never private. My sin may be personal, did it, but it's never private. Even if you don't ever know about the sins in my life, they affect you husbands. Even if your wife never knows about the sins in your life, they affect her wives. Even if your husbands don't know about the sins of your life, they affect him, and they affect your kids.
Speaker 2: And we affect each other.
Speaker 3: You cannot do anything in life with outout affecting each other. And so the idea of it's none of my business is just stupid. It is your business. It is my business because we affect each other. And even if some people never even know about something in my life, it's still going to affect them in different ways because of the blessing of God or the removal of blessing of God on my life and on your life. The Bible says, be sure your sins will find you out.
Speaker 2: Now. This is why friends, we need a savior.
Speaker 3: Okay, what we just talked about today, this is why you need a savior. This is why we need the Cross, this is why we need grace, This is why we need forgiveness. Why because none of us measure up, none of us are perfect. The Bible says, there's not a just man on the earth who always does what is right and never does what is wrong. The Bible says, we have all sinned, and we have all fallen short. So each of us have our own unique falling shorts. You have your falling shorts, and I have my falling shorts. But thank God, he forgives all our falling shorts, all of sin and fallen short of the glory of God. This is why you need grace, You need a savior, because there's no way I can measure up to God's perfection. There's no way you can't either. God doesn't expect you to be perfect. He does expect you to have integrity, which means you own up. And the starting point to be a man of God or a woman of God is to say, I admit it, I just don't have integer in some of these areas. What really matters is the direction of your heart. You know, friends, I don't always do it right. Your pastor is a very flawed individual. I don't always get it right. I make a lot of mistakes. I sin, I I'm not always unselfish. I want to be, but I'm not. I'm not always kind to everybody. I want to be, but i'm not. I don't always keep my promises. I want to, but i'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't always do my best in everything that I do. I want to, but I don't. And I look at all I don't always. I don't want to gossip. I don't want to listen to us, but sometimes I do. But in the deepest part of my heart, in spite of my own sinfulness, I want to do the right thing and I want to be a man of integrity. Unfortunately, God looks down on Rick Warrant, and when he looks at me, he doesn't say, what a screw up, what a failure. He ought to know better than that. Why did he still fall for that one?
Speaker 2: Instead?
Speaker 3: God looks down and says, there's a guy who has a heart for me, and I'm gonna bless him. I'll say it again, God is more interested in your heart than your sins. You're never gonna be perfect, you're never gonna be sinless, but you can sin less.
Speaker 2: You got it, get it good.
Speaker 3: You're never going to be sinless, but you can sin less. And that is a choice, and it is a choice of integrity, and it starts by saying to God, God, I don't always.
Speaker 2: Keep my promises, but I want to. God.
Speaker 3: I don't always pay my bills, but I want to. God, I don't always I haven't refused gossip. I've listened to it, but I don't want that anymore. God, I don't want to rob you of money that's yours. As an active integrity, I want to tie then, God, I don't always do what's best at work, and I don't always give it my best shot, but I want to and that's my direction. And God, I have to admit I'm not real a lot of times. A lot of times I'm faking it. I'm living insecurely again. It's because of insecurity comes from a lack of integrity. When you come to God and say, God, this is my heart and I really want it to be in this, then God could say about you like he did about David. Remember the guy who committed adultery and murder. There's a guy after my own heart. He looked past all the mistakes that had been made, and he looked at the direction of David's sarpsis The guy's got a good heart. He's going in the right direction. He wants to do the right thing, and that comes from the power and the grace of God. Let's bower heads. I'm going to pray a prayer and you can just follow me in it. Make it your prayer. To God, To Jesus Christ, I thank you that you were sinless, you never sinned, You were the ultimate example of integrity, and so you could pay the price for all my sins. Thank you for dying on the cross for me. Just say that in your mind, Thank you for dying on the cross for me, for paying.
Speaker 2: All my sins.
Speaker 3: There is no way God that I can measure up to your standard of perfection. And that's why I need your grace, and that's why I need your forgiveness, and that's why I need your salvation. And Jesus, thank you for loving me enough to pay for all my sins. The confession of bad works is the beginning of good work. So why don't you just have a little confession time with God? Why don't you say, God, I admit that I don't always keep my promises, but I want to. And God, I admit that I've spent more money than I make, and I've got myself really deeply in debt, and I haven't paid off all my debts, but I want to. And I ask you to help me to stop spending more than I make so I can start paying off my debts and be a person of integrity.
Speaker 2: And God, I.
Speaker 3: Admit that I have gossiped, I have shared secrets, I've listened to gossip. I've slandered other people, and I'm sorry. I don't want to be that way. And God, I haven't put you first in my money. I've paid everything except my tithe. I put you in last place, not first. As an act of integrity, I'm going to start tithing. And God, I admit that I don't always do my best, and I don't always work hard cheerfully. A lot of time I just slack off because I don't really like my job.
Speaker 2: Some days.
Speaker 3: Help me to remember that whether anybody else notices what I do, you notice. Help me to do my work with excellence, with quality, and with integrity, knowing that I'm working for you as my real boss. And God, I need you to give me the courage to be real with other people. I'm tired of wearing masks. I'm tired of playing games. I'm tired of maneuvering and manipulating behind the scenes. I want to live my life as an open book, not perfect, not sinless, but authentic and whole. I want today, Jesus Christ, to commit to becoming a man or a woman of integrity. I want a pure heart that you can bless.
Speaker 2: Help me to.
Speaker 3: Stand the word every day, that it is your word that keeps me pure. If you've never invited Jesus Christ to forgive all your sins and to be the savior in the Lord of your life, say Jesus Christ, I don't understand it all, but I want to thank you for dying for my sins.
Speaker 2: And I ask you to be come.
Speaker 3: The leader, the Lord, the manager, the boss of my life.
Speaker 2: And I want your purpose and peace and plan and power. And I humbly ask this in your name. Amen.
Speaker 1: If you just prayed to receive Jesus congratulations, we would love to send you some free materials to help you along on your spiritual journey. Just email Rick at pastorick dot com. That's Rick at pastorick dot com. I've got some great news to share with you today. We've got some generous friends of Daily Hope that have offered a fifty thousand dollars matching grant. And now here's rick to tell you more about it.
Speaker 3: You know, I just want to take a quick second to say thank you everybody. Because of your generosity, we're able to take the hope of Jesus Christ into places where there are no Bibles, no believers, and nobody of Christ, no churches at all. Now, as you pray about giving, I want to ask you to ask God about sending a gift that's the largest you're able to give, because at this point of the year, we have a donor who is offered to match your gift. That means what you give will be doubled. We get twice the bang for the buck, in other words, So please respond quickly and a give in such a way that we can maximize it through this matching gift. And I want to ask you this, would you pray for us at Daily Hope, Pray as we reach out to people around the globe with hope that people will find Christ by the thousands and tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands. So thank you for being a partner with me to getting the message out.
Speaker 4: You know when you give a gift to Daily Hope, you're helping share the hope of Jesus with people everywhere, and during the month of June, your gift will be doubled by the fifty thousand dollars matching grant. Go to Pastorick dot com or text the word hope to seven oh three oh nine. Again, that's Pastorick dot com. Or just text the word hope to seven oh three oh nine.
Speaker 1: We hope you'll join us next time as we look into God's word for our daily hope. This program is sponsored by Pastor Rick's Daily Hope and your generous financial support.