Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: It really has been hard to keep up with in the last few days. Maybe some of it's because I was on vacation last week, but you know, I'm looking at the transfer portal as far as just the best players available, and a lot of good players that I knew were in the portal have committed and I, you know, I just missed it.
Speaker 3: Right now, the best player available is r. J.
Speaker 2: Luiz out of out of Saint John's who played for Rick Patino, which I don't know if you guys saw this, but he was binged in that game against Arkansas that you know led to Saint John's coming up short and missing the Sweet Sea despite being a two seed. But Rick Patino, you know, later came out and was like doubling down. Yes, the decision to bench him, bench him was the right decision.
Speaker 3: And R. J. Luiz did an interview I believe a lot of mean with Stephen A. Smith.
Speaker 2: I think that they talked about how, you know, he could have coached me up a little better. It's just again, these are things that you didn't used to see in college sports. But now the players have the power, and you know, they can get binged, to get mad and leaf and and you know, probably go get as much money from a different team. You know, the four years at four different schools thing. I mean, it's still I would say unlikely for most players. But I think that used to be looked at as a big red flag, and maybe it still is going to be looked at as a big red flag in the eyes of a lot of people. But I mean, if in fact, you get recruited over or you realize each step along the way you have played better, therefore you are able to make more money. Therefore you leave to make more money. How mean, I don't think that's a red flag. I think that's just that's what anybody would do at any other walk of life. And it's just it's just different, man, things have changed so much, all right. It's coffee and Company. Fiel Beuth Thorton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you guys hanging out with us here today. If you want to join us on the show, you can five O two five seven one seventy nine hundred is the number we're gonna get the phone lines in just a second. You can also text in on the Llenn Federal Credit Union text line five oh two six' five to.
Speaker 3: Three OH i almost did? It almost did?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 3: Man? Uh oh almost did?
Speaker 2: It but you didn't think FIVE o two four three eight ninety seventy three is the number. THERE i just slipped, Up but that's the that's the new text line, number FIVE o two four three eight ninety seventy.
Speaker 3: Three the llen N Federal Credit union text. Line members get more AT.
Speaker 2: Llennfcu you can learn more to open your account today AT lnfcu dot.
Speaker 3: Com what wasn't a? Strike just checked your?
Speaker 2: Swing, yep thank, you appreciate, you you, know keeping my confidence up BECAUSE i hate the slip, ups but they're gonna, happen AND i haven't had one in a, while but there it. Was and we have talked a lot about the early and they're really NOT i mean they're, early of, course but they're just, stupid like we can call. Them can we call them stupid and still reference them because or does that make? It you know that THAT'S i think that's clearly contradicting, ourselves right because the early, rankings they obviously are silly because nobody seems to know exactly who's going to be even on their. Team but the REASON i keep bringing them up is because around Here louisville basketball, SPECIFICALLY i, mean we haven't had it's been seven years roughly since there was a off season that you're you, know heading into the next season where there's real excitement and real, expectation and that's that's that's a good.
Speaker 3: Thing.
Speaker 2: Man it feels good to have. THAT i think we all know that If glova doesn't, deliver and if they don't actually play like a top, ten top five, team then you, know that's gonna. Suck i'm not even sure IF i believe they're top, five to be honest with, you But i'm excited to know that others that, objectively you, know cover this sport they think. THAT i, mean we should have a year next season that Both louisville And kentucky are both. Good and when's the last time we could say? THAT i guess you could say this, year but it just this year just FELT i, mean first of, all it felt great For louisville to be back and winning and all the joy that came with, it but like it was the honeymoon for, Me like they lost in the first, round and typically that would have killed, me especially if they ended up going eighteen to two in league, play and like in any other year them ended up getting an eight seed and losing in the first round to a team that shouldn't have been a nine seed When louis shouldn't have been an, EIGHT i would still probably be depressed about. That but, man the unexpected joy that we got from this group that was. Awesome it kind of made it to where it didn't impact HOW i viewed the. Season and that's WHY i kept trying in so many ways to emphasize that everything about this is almost like it'll never be possible again unless we go through what we went through with the previous, regime WHICH i have a hard time, thing and that'll ever happen, again even if we. TRIED i don't know why we would, try but LIKE i don't think you COULD i ever go through that. Again around, here all let's go back to THE volunesbo TWO s nine hundred is the. Number let's welcome In, Steve steve Youren sportstock seven. Ninety what's, happening, Hey?
Speaker 4: Nick how are you doing doing?
Speaker 3: Well get to hear from.
Speaker 4: YOU i hope you had a great trip To. Florida you, KNOW I i tell you two quick.
Speaker 5: THINGS i have to laugh a little. Bit venetti filled up to you for a couple of days last.
Speaker 4: Week oh what do you do talking? About he was just talking about when you, know when they were in The Orange, bowl that he And net went with the team and they were. THERE i can't believe this for AND i forgot about it for thirteen days at The Trump towers In, miami and he, said you, know The.
Speaker 5: Jurde group worked hard and played.
Speaker 3: Hard, oh, yeah they did.
Speaker 5: So but, anyway do you think there's Been josh has had his play full since he's been. Here but do you think there's been any movement at all on his part or anybody else to talk with THE ncaa a little more about rehanging the banner or do you think that's just such a low priority at this point that that's it's not gonna.
Speaker 2: Happen, STEVE i, UH i appreciate the. Call i'll say, THIS i don't Know josh really. Well in, FACT i don't know him. REALLY i don't really know him at. ALL i mean we are. ACQUAINTANCES i SUPPOSE i. BEN'T i don't think I'VE i don't Think i've told. This and it's not like it's some big. Deal but WHEN i went To pittsburgh with my family and we were able to get down on the court after the, game and and and mix my son and my nephew got to take pictures With Rayin smith and And Josh, Hurd, LIKE i chatted With josh, briefly and you, KNOW i had no clue what he you, know what he thought of, me and he might he might hate, ME i don't, know but he was kind to, me and it was more of those one of those things WHERE i felt, Like, okay you, know he understands. That LIKE i got a job to do BECAUSE i wasn't necessarily super hard on. HIM i just was really vocal and doing my job reacting to what, happened which which WHEN i say what, HAPPENED i MEAN i Mean Kenny. Payne so from WHAT i do know of, HIM i don't find him to be somebody that's going to be just aggressively pushing the. Now with that, Said i'm sure there's been some. Conversations at LEAST i, MEAN i, SAY i assume Maybe i'm, wrong but getting the banner back, Up i've always felt like eventually they'll Be they'll be a time when that, Happens BUT i don't really. KNOW i can't pinpoint what would lead to, it if that makes, sense, Right like it might just be a random day where they tell THE nc DOUBLE, a, hey we want to put the banner back up and see what they. SAY i, MEAN i know a lot of, folks myself, Included i'm not As i'm not as wrapped up into it because JUST i guess it's maybe my. PERSONALITY i don't go to The Young center and look up there and not see that banner and feel anyway BECAUSE i know that it, happened you know WHAT i, Mean LIKE i, DON'T i.
Speaker 3: DON'T i don't.
Speaker 2: Really get in any way bothered by what THE nc DOUBLE a technically claiming in their eyes that it didn't, Happen like it doesn't do any thing for.
Speaker 3: Me but that's just.
Speaker 2: Me As i've said, before when it comes to the players that played on that championship, TEAM i, mean getting the banner back, up it'll mean a lot to, them AND i totally understand, that but it won't actually change that in ten years if on a business trip or. Something Tim, henderson who's very, SUCCESSFUL i believe in the medical, field not as you, know a, doctor BUT i think it's uh, ANYWAYS i don't need to.
Speaker 3: Give his business out, there But tim super.
Speaker 2: Successful he's a family man, now and he of course he's a. Legend he's got a legendary role in that championship, season right what he did against which Toss state should never pay for a drink in this. Town So i'm sure he didn't get caught up in. It but like if he was on a business trip in ten years and he mentioned that he was on that twenty thirteen title team At, louisville wouldn't shock me if somebody, said, oh, yeah the one that they took. Away and unfortunately for these, guys there'll be some people that just you, know they follow the, cycle they don't follow it. Closely they, think, oh, yeah how many strippers did you? Get like that's, awful but that's probably not. Changing if the banner goes up or, not like the damage has been done for. That that doesn't mean they shouldn't put it back. Up but as a, fan for, me it doesn't ever even come, up and it doesn't even ever enter my brain that we got to get that banner buck damn. It for the, players the damage has been, done but still having it back up would be something THAT i would. Imagine they all want to happen in a major, way and if they fight for, IT i totally get.
Speaker 3: It so you, KNOW i, DON'T i.
Speaker 2: DON'T i don't think about it a whole, Lot BUT i don't ever want anybody to think, that like who? Cares because you, know for those players it does mean something and it's. AWFUL i, mean, again the damage has been. Done there's no way to fix. This but like there are people who from you, know thousands of miles. Away they just know of the story and think that and think That louisville was able to win A like they're reading headlines here and there over the years as that story was. Covered they probably in their minds think That louisville won a national championship because of prostitutes in a dorm.
Speaker 3: Room and that's it's.
Speaker 2: PREPOSTEROUS i, Mean louisville gained no competitive, advantage and the guys who were on that team that won a national, championship for the most, part nearly all of them had nothing to do with any of that at. All so, AGAIN i hate that for those. Guys there's nothing you can do about. It but the banner going back up won't really change. That so answer your, Question, STEVE i would say it's probably not a top priority for her just because of a lot going. On and let's be, honest there was just a recent change in. Administration there's now a new president at the. School AND i don't THINK i missed something WHEN i was on. Vacation MAYBE i. Did we never really found.
Speaker 3: Out why that.
Speaker 2: HAPPENED i don't think Where President chatzil just. Left it was very very, odd and maybe there was something reported on it AND i just missed. It but, ANYWAYS i would answer you, QUESTION i would SAY i don't think it's a, priority BUT i do think he's well aware of how much it means to the. Fans he's well aware of what it would do for the community to, just you, know know, that despite the NCAA's, nonsense we now have that banner hanging back up where it belongs in THE ump. Center SO i just think it's GONNA i feel like for that to, happen there needs to be some kind of a some kind of a shift some kind of a some kind of a challenge to THE nc DOUBLE, a letting them know that they don't have the ability to claim that louisll because, Again louisville can still claim that the the national. Champions and if THE nc DOUBLE a like Told louisville you, can't and Then louisville did hang the banner back, up what would they?
Speaker 3: Do? Right? LIKE i, MEAN i don't know what they would be able to.
Speaker 2: Do, However louisville is, not and understandably, so in a position where they should just challenge them like.
Speaker 3: THAT i, mean if they, DID i wouldn't be bothered by.
Speaker 2: It BUT i also understand professional etiquette to just, say, like let's we've had some issues on our, end let's not you, Know And i'll say THIS nbla. Sucks they've never been consistent with how they rule on. Things and, they you, know like the way in which they just decided the nature of what went on In Minority hall that, alone there's no punishment too severe for, you because it's just how heinous that. Is so that's just the way they viewed. It they didn't even follow their own process to Punish. Louisville so, AGAIN i hate. Them they don't really serve any purpose.
Speaker 3: Anymore we all know.
Speaker 2: That, HOWEVER i also as a, fan don't really Like louisville being the school that is just like always known for saying double birds to THE NC, doublea WHICH i don't think we have and we broke rules we. TOOK i, mean in, fact we are one of the schools that did cooperate and learn the hard way that they didn't get you. Anything in, fact we're probably the best example of why you shouldn't cooperate with THE NC.
Speaker 3: Doublea So.
Speaker 2: Rick, PATINO i Know crawford had a really good piece last week WHEN i was on vacation About patino WINNING i think it was a share of The National coach of The year and saying that that like that should be like THE NC. Doublea and it's not an instab, AWARD i don't, think but basically something Along AND i WISH i didn't get a chance to Read eric's peace And i'm sure it was great because he's. Great but, YEAH i, mean if we found out like next week that THE NC doublea is not going to Stop louisville or punish them if they hang their banner back, up would not shock me at. ALL i just don't know what's gonna what's going to happen for that to present, itself, RIGHT i, mean they could just do it and not say anything and see if they. Noticed like, honestly that's not a crazy thing that they're out, there, right like THE NC, DOUBLEA i don't know if you got AND, i Like, austin you may know this Was louisville a part of The One Shining moment, before like since the twenty thirteen or maybe when the One shining, moment but like the, LIKE i was watching the championship game On monday, nine AND i don't know.
Speaker 3: If it was.
Speaker 2: Right it was right before the game they were showing like you, know highlights and moments from other championship games, yea and they Showed louisville holding up their. Trophy and WHAT i don't know is that is that? New have they been doing that since they were it was technically.
Speaker 3: Taken that's a great question because the, Package, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly so there's a part of me that, says, oh, WOW i guess they're now acknowledging That louisville won a, title but maybe they've been doing. It AND i just didn't notice because the first THING i thought of WHEN i, saw because you, know it's the NCAA's, product meaning THE nsaba, tournament AND i don't know it, is but it's not Right TURNER. Cbs they pay a billion dollars to have the the broadcast rights for, that and they can monetize it and sell. Advertising so you, know, like if If turner's gonna pay them that much, money especially when their future seems so much in, question meaning the nc DOUBLE, A i doubt they're going to be barking at their their big client that is spending a lot of money with them to tell, them, hey you need to Remove louisville from this. Montage so It's i'm sure it means, nothing but if they put it back, up THE nabaa may hear about it and think like we got, way because, honestly what priority is that right? Now for the INSTABLE a they're trying to figure out how they're gonna survive with the house settlement and all that kind of. Stuff are you you're you somebody that's bothered by the banner, Thing AND i shouldn't even ask it like, that because, yeah it's stupid that it's not there BUT i just mean more, so LIKE i don't feel any way different about that experience of twenty thirteen because of.
Speaker 6: That it was really a tender, feeling like when it all first, happened THEN i grew up and got over it and then, realized LIKE i, mean if anyone else said it was just it was just used for fodder from like rival, fans LIKE uk, fans anyone that we would yell at as just a basically a conversation piece to what about that?
Speaker 3: BANNER i don't.
Speaker 6: KNOW i mean there are some times WHEN i get to The Young center and look up, THERE i know what, happened but not seeing it's kind of, like, eh BUT i don't. Know i'm JUST i would like to see it, back but like it it doesn't eat me alive that we don't have it.
Speaker 2: Still, YEAH i, mean it JUST i don't feel again any any way different about. It But i'm Just i'm just a, fan you know WHAT i, Mean like if you're a, player Like i'm sure it is a big deal to.
Speaker 3: You, YEAH i.
Speaker 6: WAS i MEAN i was absolutely crushed devastated when it originally got taken, away and then it's it's not the it's not the same. Anymore but AND i just know with everything that's going on with THE nc DOUBLE, a how how spineless they can, be and how like not so great luck they've had.
Speaker 3: It they just do whatever they, want, Lawsuit they don't have any real.
Speaker 2: Structure they do whatever they. Want and you, know just tell you that that Because.
Speaker 6: I've always just, said you, know at THE NC, doublea go fight them, back go put it.
Speaker 3: Up what are they gonna?
Speaker 2: Do, Yeah SO I i WISH i had a better answer for. You but as far as The Josh herd, COMPONENT i don't think it is and should be like a major priority for him right. Now BUT i also don't think that he is unaware of how special it would be and it will be one BECAUSE i still believe it will be back at some. POINT i, do but when and what leads to, IT i don't really. Know all, right let's get to a. Break we'll come back on the other. Side he got an update on one of the transfers in the portal fighting for another. Year there's a lot of speculation that he would be a real. Fit maybe a lock To louisville doesn't appear that, way so we'll get into.
Speaker 3: That, Also cooper.
Speaker 2: Fly will he do the unthinkable and return to college for another? SEASON i still don't think he, will but we've certainly never been at this point where you can at least say that it's not crazy because he seemed to really enjoy himself At. Duke he can make a ton of. Money he'll still be AN nba first pick no matter what. Happens and, yeah he could get, hurt but that won't Like Cooper flag could get hurt and it won't impact his drapstock right like he'd still be number one even if you get. Hurt all right, again quick break will come back on the other, side keep it rolling. Along it's coffee and, company and we are feel About thornton's right here On SportsTalk seven Ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee And, company fueled By thornton's On Sports talk seven nine.
Speaker 2: Day you, know we've had some sunshine in the last couple of, days AND i Mean i'm not near an area directly That I'M i see, flooding so, again out of, side out of, mind but we are still dealing with some, real, awful awful flooding despite not having any new, rain because as they say that the water's rising and it's, UH i mean just some of the visuals LIKE i saw, earlier it might have been one of our one of our partners over, there W O K y that that, was that was on one of those.
Speaker 3: Like tube boats boat tubes if you know What i'm talking.
Speaker 2: About that, uh was just going to rescue somebody and it's like they're just floating along in what seems to, be you, know a, river AND i guess technically it, is but like it's it's also places that you, know not even that long, AGO i was walking around downtown near the. Water now it's you, know it's just. Wild how uh how this thing is has has turned into what it's turned. Into but the latest here this is, uh this is a live update THAT wdrb is doing that as of a four point, thirty the latest update was THAT fema has a Mobile Emergency response unit here In louisville on the. Ground and this is After President trump signed a disaster declaration For kentucky that covers last weeks of course tornadoes and flooding that has followed into this week and led to a, real real awful. Situation and you, know the Bullet county And i'm not just mentioning that because that's Where i'm. From i'm also mentioning it because you, know it's one of the worst. AREAS i mean that The Salt river there In. SHEPHERDSVILLE i, mean it's just it's a KNOWN i, mean if you're from the. Area you didn't really have to.
Speaker 3: Be from the.
Speaker 2: Area maybe you just have lived around here long enough to know that when you get a lot of, rain like you're very vulnerable to get.
Speaker 3: Flooded. There it's a flood.
Speaker 2: Zone But i've Never i've lived here a long, Time i've never seen it this. BAD i, MEAN i saw some aerial footage FROM i guess somebody flying a drone might have been a news team that was doing something that really just you, know it's almost insane to. See so Uh and also you know that leading to the, club the thunder of A louisville getting, CANCELED i don't, know we talked about it earlier this. Week that's not just a big bummer because of you, know we don't get a fireworks show or an air. SHOW i, mean that's big for the, economy and it's gonna be a BIT i mean like, that that's a big. Deal SO i, mean it's nothing you can do about. It AND i guess more than, ANYTHING i just need to remind myself how fortunate that that we, are because you, know we we've been you, know we've been.
Speaker 3: Fine we've had no real. Issue and and AND i know a lot of others have had.
Speaker 2: Devastation in, fact there was a body pulled from a vehicle that was submerged underwater in the Lebon injunction area Of Bullet county. Yesterday and you, KNOW i think you always know when it's this, dangerous that like that kind of stuff could. Happen but just to like know that SOMEBODY i guess was maybe trying to get to their vehicle or maybe in their vehicle asleep or, whatever and and and, IT i mean that that's that's a tragic. Situation And i'm sure there's many people that have flooded homes that maybe they didn't have insurance or maybe they lost more than just, valuables they lost things that like they'll never get. Back that, was you, know something that they. Cherished so sad situation.
Speaker 3: All the way.
Speaker 2: Around And i've heard a couple of folks that and this would be a REAL i, mean this would this would. Suck they were trying to get into their house to you, know who was it it?
Speaker 3: Was it was it was a mutual.
Speaker 2: Friend it was a friend of a friend's who WHO i. Heard and AGAIN i could JUST i could see this happening to, us and it would be terrible that they lost. Power and they were coming back from spring, break so they're getting back to try to to to you, know keep the keep the their, basement their house from, flooding and because they lost, power they couldn't get in their.
Speaker 3: Garage here's what it.
Speaker 2: Was they, were they were, gone so they were trying to have somebody go to their house TO i, guess you, know remove things as best they could to prepare the.
Speaker 3: Basement or maybe the home for being.
Speaker 2: Underwater and they were out traveling for spring, break so they had a, key but they have a garage code for people to get. In, well because there's no, electricity you've lost, power the garage opener doesn't, work so like they could nobody could get in unless they like broke. In And i'm not sure if they end up doing that or, not BUT i, Mean i've had my basement flood a couple of, times and it's it's not, fun not fun at.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 6: YEAH i actually drove by what was going towards uh WHAT i was going out towards owen Or Owensboro Brownsboro road yesterday at A world a, beer just driving on seventy one out that way and just seeing literally Like i've never seen anything like.
Speaker 3: That i've yet to see.
Speaker 2: It but my friend text me that said the same thing, today that if you drive like, right and if you're driving either west or east on seventy one sixty four kind of near the New Lynn Family, Stadium, yeah and you look out of the river like it's it's like something you've never seen.
Speaker 3: Before And i'm sure it's getting close to doing it. Here maybe it. HASN'T i just haven't seen.
Speaker 2: It but THE i don't know, why but The cincinnati footage and pictures that's ALL i see on my. Timeline and to show that on the first there's an aerial LIKE i guess a camera, that's you, know somewhere downtown In cincinnati showed just a view of the river on the first Of april last week and then today and to see how close the water is to like their main. BRIDGE i, mean that really puts in perspective how much the waters has.
Speaker 3: Risen and THEN.
Speaker 2: I also see Houses and this isn't a criticism or, anything BUT i also see houses in certain areas And i'm sure just it's how bad this flood. Is But i'm, thinking how could you live there and have not had a previous issue, Before, LIKE i know this is different, level but like your house is, underwater AND i don't mean, laugh but, like you, know there's a reason that people try to avoid homes that are in a flood zone because this Is that's why they have flood. Zones that's why, this that's why this is the. Thing so, hopefully you, know this water goes down and goes away and we get less rain and more sunshine and warm weather, too BECAUSE i don't like this cold.
Speaker 3: Stuff kind of.
Speaker 6: NERVOUS i actually haven't went down and looked at my. Basement it's not a. Basement it's more or less like A i don't even, know like a. Dweller is that what you want to call?
Speaker 2: It, yeah, WELL i GUESS i THINK i know exactly what you're talking, about BUT i would not know what to call.
Speaker 6: It it's like a small room where like the hot water heater is is the not the. Age it's the lowest level of your. Home, yeah, yeah there's sub pump down. There SO i haven't looked down there in like the last, week BUT i know where sub pumps work in over, time we actually, yeah that replaced probably about two months. Ago shout out to my. Brothers, hey he shout. Out they hooked it. Up he gets in those cross. Spaces he does like heating and cooling and stuff like. That So i'm going to give a shout out. Too MY i guess what would he?
Speaker 2: Be he is my my step or, no he's my grandmother in law is significant, other so my wife's grandmother's. Boyfriend his name Is jeane and he's a great man and my kids call him big. G he he. WAS i Dropped maya off there. YESTERDAY i think it was because they're helping us out because there's no school and you, know we got to work and he was. Taught he made a good point because you, know he's got a lot of. Wisdom he's an older man that you're you're some, pumped even if it's relatively new right, now you got to think about the the you, know the work it's going through in the last.
Speaker 3: Week so like you might like you.
Speaker 2: MIGHT i don't know how you can even service those, things AND i don't know how you can you, know get, THEM i, mean you can replace, them but you may want to consider if yours was maybe not relatively, new you might want to think about replacing it sooner than you than you probably would think you'd need, to because, again the amount of a repetition that that thing has gone through is PROBABLY i mean it's probably more work than it's ever gone. Through and that can that can it can take one that's relatively new and make it ancient and maybe susceptible to breaking and not, working which again would be a real big. Disaster and that's another thing when you lose power sometimes not working.
Speaker 3: And you in your, story yeah it's a. Disaster that sounds.
Speaker 6: Terrible, well ALL i just know is WHEN i pull up to my, HOUSE i can see the trail of water that's gone down the street strictly from our.
Speaker 3: HOUSE i, mean, YES i mean investments, working all, Right so we talked about this young man was not a young.
Speaker 2: Man he's a grown, man and Brosovich uh throughout the week here and there because he, is he's claiming that the five year rule unfairly blocks him from earning a lot of money this. Year so he's the guy that played one YEAR d, two three YEARS d one and he's suing THE ncaa claiming that their rule keeps him from making a lot of money and he wouldn't he would have been able to make, WELL i don't, KNOW i DON'T i don't know the timeline of, it but he's arguing he should be able to play at least one more year because he didn't get four years at THE d one. LEVEL i think this lawsuit is going to be tough to win because the reason That juko won past is because.
Speaker 3: It's IT'S i, MEAN i get.
Speaker 2: It it sounds crazy because it's the way it's always. Been but THE ncuba claiming that you're only entitled to two years of eligibility if you WENT juco doesn't REALLY i mean, again it sounds like you shouldn't be a twenty four year old senior because you had to GO juco two. Years, WELL i hear, you but technically they're claiming that you use two years of eligibility that was not within their organization because THE juco schools are not underneath the NC doublea they're their own. Thing, well his argument here is THAT d, two but THE NCAA d two is still the same. LEVEL i don't know if he's gona win or, not but there's a lot of thought that this could be a big deal For louisville because this guy played For chris mackin was really really, successful and he decided to. Stay i'm sorry he. Played he did play For chris mack last year and he was really. Successful but he also played For Pat kelsey for two years At charleston where he Won player of The year in that. League but the latest report is That louisville.
Speaker 3: Is not even one of the.
Speaker 2: SCHOOLS i, mean you never know what to believe when it comes to portal and. Whatnot But louisville is not one of the thirty schools that's listed for, him which tells me that he's expensive and it makes. Sense, look he's he's probably going to get a million or one point five from. Somebody the report is That clemson offered him one point, five and you, KNOW i don't know if there's other schools That i'll offer That louisville probably wouldn't and, shouldn't so you know it even If louisville's not in the, mix which it doesn't look like they. ARE i still think, this this whole lawsuit with this young man is something to keep an eye on because if, he if he somehow wins this lawsuit and they claim or they say he's able to play one more, year you have opened up the. Floodgates MAYBE i shouldn't use that considering the recency of our situation around, here but like, that that is going to have so many players of THE d two level or guys like him that were out of eligibility that spend a YEAR d two OR d three that are going to get a blanket waiver if he, wins and that that's going to give you a whole new batch of players available to to go play college. Basketball AND i, just you, know part of me says his his argument doesn't. Stick, however seems like if you see THE ntaba right, now you got a good chance of. Winning they don't seem to be winning much in. Court and, Look louisville could absolutely use.
Speaker 3: Him he's a good.
Speaker 2: Player but my guess is that they're probably prioritizing their their budget for maybe where they could get a, couple maybe three players with what he's going to cost as one, player and you, Know i'm sure it wasn't cheap to Get Javon hadley, Back and AS i talked about, EARLIER i. DON'T i think whatever it, costs that was money well spent because he gives you something that you. Need you wouldn't have, been you, know dead without. Him but, man he's a captain that's coming back then understands the. Culture that's he's a grown, up and he's gonna be the Gree he's gonna be a great leader for guys Like Sonny frew and mckail brown who are true.
Speaker 3: Freshmen SO i, Mean i'm, like here's the.
Speaker 2: Thing if you take a commitment from, him, like he's kind of screwed because he needs to Get he needs to get he needs to get clarity if he's going to have a chance to win or. Not because if your school recruiting him and you've got money tied up and then you find out in three weeks that he didn't, win there's money that you could have spent on other players that have since already committed other.
Speaker 3: Schools it's such a. Mess all, right quick, Break we'll come back on the other. Side keep it locked right.
Speaker 2: Here we'll wrap it up here on the other, SIDE i should say On Sports talk seven.
Speaker 1: Ninety now back to coffee and, company fueled By thornton's On Sports talk seven nine, day.
Speaker 2: Before we get out of, here you guys need to know once again about all the great things that The Little Men's clinic can provide for. You, Fellas i'm telling you you're missing. Out it's at least worth giving him a call and having a. Conversation going and see Doctor wood to see if you, know Because i'm sure there are a lot of you that Think i'm, Fine i'm, Good i'm A marin and, look you may be good to. Go you may feel like you know things are, okay but you could probably feel better if your testosterone levels are off and you may not even know, it because you may not even know what that. MEANS i, didn't AND i later, Realized, okay some of the Things i'm dealing with, fatigue just mental, fog no longer getting the same results out of. WORKOUTS i just chalked it up to, age and it. Wasn't it was because my testosterone levels started to decrease AS i got, older and now they're where they should be BECAUSE i get testosterone treatment from the lot Of Men's clinic and can't think them, enough can't recommend them.
Speaker 3: Enough they can help you with.
Speaker 2: That they can also help with the rectile, Disfunction peroni's, disease weight loss, therapy hair. Restoration so they do it all and they've been around for over ten. YEARS a lot of imitators have come and, gone and they're not able to survive because they can't quite. Compete they don't really have competition with The Little Men's clinic because they're that good at what they. Do check them out Online Little Men's clinic dot com or give them a. CALL fabu two four four four four. Thousand all, Right so it's been Something i've referenced throughout the show and not really talked a whole lot about.
Speaker 3: It but With Cooper, flag you, know.
Speaker 2: One of the things THAT i believe is mentioned when the thought of him coming back is put out there as a real you, know something that could happen is the thought, of, well he may not want to go to a disastrous. FRANCHISE i, mean THE Nba draft lottery hasn't happened, yet BUT i, mean let's just look at who who has The, yeah let's see this is this is an updated story here From Yahoo sports from. Yesterday so the team with the MOST i guess there's three teams currently that have the best percentage chance of as of, now to land the first, pick and that's The, jazz The, wizards and The.
Speaker 3: Hornets fourth is The.
Speaker 2: Pelicans fifth is the seventy six, ers but their, top their first round pick is top six. Protected if it falls between seven and, fourteen it's going to go To Oklahoma, City which how about That Oklahoma city has been just absolutely finessing the league when it comes to roster management on the cheapest a small market. Team but that's a story for another. Day BUT i, mean you Won't Cooper flags might have to make his decision before he ends, up you, know, deciding you, know he before he's gonna know who would be getting him at number, One SO i, don't you, know go into D. C i, mean that wouldn't be a bad. Destination that's a terrible, franchise but like it's it's a good, market but him ending up In like if you if you know ahead.
Speaker 3: Of time.
Speaker 2: That the most likely destinations for you Are, utah let's let's put it, this, well let's just let's because, again it could BE dc and it wouldn't be. Terrible it could Be philly and it would be terrible if they end up getting number. Five but the other likely, OPTION i shouldn't say, likely but the other the other cities and franchises with the best chance of getting him would Be, Utah, Charlotte New, Orleans, toronto In San. Antonio those are five of like the eight teams that have the best chance.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: THAT i, MEAN i Think Zion williamson maybe he's got his own issues as to why he ended, up you, know why his careers ended up being way it.
Speaker 3: Is but LIKE i.
Speaker 2: Knew it was such a punch to the gut When zion went To New orleans because, like that's such an irrelevant franchise in a small. Market New orleans is a known, city but it's not a big market compared to. OTHERS i, MEAN i don't really know IF i had, to IF i If i'm A Cooper flag fan AND i wanted, to you, know see him thrive in a in a in a certain, SPOT i, Mean, philly D, C, brooklyn Maybe phoenix like those those would be, Interesting, Miami, chicago like these are teams that are likely going to be drafting in the. Lottery but the issue is that if you come back to, school there's a good chance that like the same teams are going to be available to pick. You SO i don't think it's as much about like where he ends. UP i think he may just not be in a rush to get to THE, nba and and to be, Honest duke may have a war chest of money that, like he could literally have all these endorsements which he already has and make more money in his first year in one, year more year Of duke than he does in his first year in THE. NBA i, MEAN i still think he comes, back but it's just crazy that it's not as crazy of a thing to throw out there as it once.
Speaker 3: Was All, right we're out of. TIME i hope you enjoyed.
Speaker 2: Yourself we're back at it, tomorrow right here at three o'clock On Sports talk seven ninety