Speaker 1: The first shift, the great shift. Welcome to the other side of midnight. Dave Scott, Canadian. What was the worst vacation you ever had?
Speaker 2: Every staycation I was forced to take by Rogers Media Company was Because they didn't pay me enough to put money away to actually have a true vacation.
Speaker 1: Whenever people say, well, you know, I think I'll just stay home and have a staycation. I know they're broke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will never have another staycation in my life. I had to have too many of them when I worked in radio back in the 90s and early 2000s. And I just figured, you know what, from now on, Why waste my time sitting at home twiddling my thumbs when I could at least be getting paid for it?
Speaker 1: I think by federal law, federal Canadian law, that if you're in radio, you're working in radio, you don't go on vacation.
Speaker 2: Well, Rogers used to force us.
Speaker 1: I mean, travel.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: You're not allowed to travel. No, a smart company will make you take the vacation. What I've said to my friends is you got to understand they're paying you to take time off. Therefore, it must be very important. Probably you should do it.
Speaker 2: I never thought about it that way. Right.
Speaker 1: And people who don't, I know people, big jobs who don't take vacation. Well, you know, I don't take vacation because I love my job.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do with liking or not liking your job. Everybody needs a different perspective and a break. And even if you're like very serious about your vacation, you will learn something. about yourself, or about the world that will help you do your job. And especially if you travel, I am so glad that I took a trip. This was the sweetest trip. I took a trip to the Park Hyatt across from that spectacular theater in Sydney, Australia. The Sydney Harbour at the Park Hyatt overlooking the Sydney Harbour. I was there for 10 days because I had so many hotel points and so many American airline points that the whole trip cost me $ 800 for the rent-a-car. And it was just great. But I learned a great deal because I listened to Australia radio. And the first thing I heard on Sydney radio, number one talk station in Sydney, 2GB, their big star, I turn on the radio and I hear him cursing. And Cursing in ways that if you or I did, we'd be fired. But it's legal in Australia. And you know what? Nobody died. Nobody in Sydney was reported dead because they heard a guy cursing on the radio. Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, it literally is. Nobody died. That amazes me. Now they're trying to, instead of using proper English, we have to make up these terms like unalive and pew-pews for guns. You know, it's ridiculous how that's going, that they're censoring us on social media and other places because words can hurt.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, what's the name of your FCC? I just slipped my mind.
Speaker 2: The CRTC.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting at a convention, the Canadian Music Week Convention, which is the best convention I've ever been to. And I'm sitting next to a member of the CRTC on a panel And they're going over things that they had to censor. And he's going, da-da-da, and when we did this, and the Power Rangers. I said, what? Yes, there was an incident with the Power Rangers. We were afraid it would incite violence in children. I looked at him in front of 500 people. I said, that's a cartoon. And the place went crazy. They went crazy. It was an idiot. Your CRTC, the guy was saying, Yeah, we've censored a cartoon. It's a cartoon. It's silly what they get excited about. And throughout history, as you know, the standards change. They move. Our culture changes. To put in absolutes about what you can and can't say always at some point makes you look ridiculous because it has evolved. Lucy and Desi could not sleep in the same bed is the favorite example. And I love Lucy. They couldn't sleep in the same bed.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully we grow up a little bit more.
Speaker 1: All right, my friend. All right, Dave Scott, my friend. What do you have to report from outer space?
Speaker 2: Well, there's a new UFO poll out put up by Gallup, the famous polling station. And every few years, about every 70 years, they do this poll about whether or not Americans believe the government is withholding UFO information. The question is, In your opinion, does the United States government know more about UFOs than it is telling us? Now, in 1996, it was 71% yes, 19% no, and 10% had no opinion. Those numbers switched a little bit in 2019, going down to 68% yes, 29% no, and 2% no opinion. Fast forward to today, it is now 78% of all Americans believing that the government is playing shenanigans. I'm using that word again two nights in a row because I know you like it. Shenanigans with UFOs. No, 17% people don't believe that there's anything UFO related here. And 5% is no opinion. Now, this is an incredible stat that It really goes to show that the American public is starting to pay attention to the whole UFO subject, and especially that we may not be alone in the universe. It's the highest number that I've ever seen at 78%. So good on you, United States, for starting to believe that the aliens are here, and maybe you're going to bring us some toast.
Speaker 1: Does it match your numbers, what you believe?
Speaker 2: I thought it was going to be around 55%, 60%, to be honest. I mean, to be over three-quarters of the United States believing this, I think the disclosure movement, it means that it's moving forward on a public level. Now, it doesn't mean the government is going to come out with any sort of disclosure, but the American public's like, yeah, they're probably there. It also gives me hope that we're not going to see a bunch of wingnuts go crazy if all of a sudden the president comes out and says, hey, we are not alone in this universe.
Speaker 1: My concern is that let's say the files that have been released so far and there's nothing. In fact, as you pointed out and you revealed, one of my favorite files is a Walter Cronkite interview of an astronaut that was aired on the secret network known as CBS. And that's how ridiculous they've been. But let's say that's it, that all the files that are going to be released are in fact all of the files, and that's the stuff that's in there. If that's the case, if it's the absolute truth, the government will never be able to sell it. We won't believe that that's the absolute truth.
Speaker 2: You're right, and it comes down to the technology, which is why I'm very staunch on reminding people there is a huge difference between UFOs and what the government is calling UAP, Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena. My sources over the years have told me that UAP are man-made objects, man-made objects being from drones to any sort of weather balloon or anything that could be flying in the sky. And as long as we're discerning what is right from wrong, they don't have to give up the UFO story because they got their UAP story to cover it up.
Speaker 1: It's interesting how many people who used to work in the government come out and say, yeah, there's a lot of stuff there. There are alien bodies. There are aliens alive. There's technology. They come out. They reveal it. They say it's true. And then they don't talk anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get that all the time. And it's just like they just want to get that off their chest. That way they can say that they did their little part. Maybe they are on their last breaths on this planet, or maybe that they are just tired of the secrecy. And maybe they worked for government agencies where they saw things. I mean, this is all possible. I mean, a lot more people, like you always hear the argument, Walter, well, if it was really out there, more people would speak up. More people are afraid of their nondisclosure agreements than their pensions, their social security checks, what could happen to their families, than they are about talking about UFOs. And the last thing they want is to be ruined financially because they spoke when they should.
Speaker 1: Now, I shared some of that letter I sent to you and Ross. A listener wrote in saying, I need to be very careful what I say about technology that the government might have. I didn't say the person's name. I didn't say what their job had been. But this piqued your interest quite a bit. Why are you so interested in that note?
Speaker 2: Three little letters that they used to work for.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it. Do you think it's legit?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, it could be somebody who's fear-mongering. The only way we're going to find out is if Ross and I are able to talk to the person.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you can, because there couldn't be two better reporters, and I would feel very safe with both of you making that call, because you're not going to. You're not going to trip anything, and you're going to find out information. I think it would be very exciting and interesting. Now, more importantly, do you have any Sasquatch information?
Speaker 2: Not tonight. I'm taking a week off my Sasquatch, but I do have something for you. Because last night you kind of threw a quick story that you wanted to do because you're going on the air Saturday morning. Yes, please.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: You wanted... A number of people, a few people to put together a panel about alien abduction, people who have been taken. Man, have I got a panel for you coming.
Speaker 1: All right. So this Saturday, bonus track. Usually I don't work Saturday morning, but this weekend I'm working Saturday. They had some scheduling challenges and asked Walter Sterling if he could step up and help the family. And the answer is yes, of course. And I thought, well, let's make something special, something promotable. So something special is we're going to have on a panel of abductees. And Dave Scott has put it together. Dave, tell us about this panel.
Speaker 2: Well, there's four people coming on with you, Walter.
Speaker 1: Fabulous.
Speaker 2: Yes, a lady named Beth, who is... She doesn't like to call herself an abductee. She likes to call herself a contactee, who has had contact numerous times over the decades. A lady named Nicole is coming on. You're going to love her. I could actually see you bringing her on as a guest frequently, because she's so well-versed in the UFO world. After having her own personal experiences from ports putting aliens scaring her dog inside her house to missing time. Josh Rutledge from MUFON in Phoenix is going to be joining you. He's an abductee who is able to summon down UFOs. And Grant Baker, my UFO reporter, is going to be joining you. So that way he could tell you about his missing time and UFO experiences.
Speaker 1: This will be fantastic, and you and I will talk and coordinate how to do it, but my plan is, it's a three-hour show, my plan is to have them on for about two hours and really tell their stories. Take the time, take us there, what it felt like, everything, beginning, middle, and end, and what the result has been in their lives, in their thinking, in their view of the universe. Does that sound like a good plan?
Speaker 2: It does, and I will tell you that Nicole's She is so excited to finally chat with you. She listens every night when I'm on the air with you.
Speaker 1: Nicole, I'm really sorry, but you've got to do something else. Get ice cream or something, Nicole.
Speaker 2: She eats peanut butter at night.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to know how you know.
Speaker 2: Well, she told me. She's one of my best friends. All right, good. And she's been listening to you since you were on KMOX a long, long time ago. So she's been listening to you for years.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. We're still on KMOX every night. I'm on KMOX right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know. And that's where she tunes in to listen to us.
Speaker 1: I am the king of the 50 clears, Dave.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means. I'm way too Canadian to understand that.
Speaker 1: You have 50 clears, like CFRBs have 50 clear. 50,000-watt signal without limits.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: There you go. All right, you're my friend, Dave Scott. You and I will talk tomorrow. We're going to coordinate that, make it work. I'm very excited. We're going to have an entire show with abductees Saturday morning. Great shift, the first shift, and really give them the time to tell their stories. Dave Scott, Spaced Out Radio. YouTube, every show he's ever done, spacedoutradio.com, the other side of Midnight,