Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond.
Speaker 2: With Cliff and Bobo. These guys are your favorites, so like say subscribe and rade it five star.
Speaker 3: Shoo and me.
Speaker 2: Listening.
Speaker 4: Oh watch lim always keep its watching.
Speaker 1: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bubo Fay.
Speaker 2: Hello Cliff, Hey, Bobo, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Man? Not mass just shaking a leg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good. Don't shake it too hard, might fall.
Speaker 5: Off, that's all afraid of.
Speaker 2: We got Matt Prue back. Matt's in the background somewhere. Welcome back from a Hawaii there slick.
Speaker 5: Aloha, pruit aloha.
Speaker 1: Had a blast, and I've heard a lot of Bobo's Hawaii stories. But man, what an amazing place, are you?
Speaker 2: Tan?
Speaker 5: There's a reason people try all the world to go there.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was unreal and yes I did get tann thankful, so hopefully I can retain it. Because it's gloomy and cold and rainy here, so it's like the Pacific Northwest. It reminded me a lot of that, well, especially like when we got to San Francisco. We spent a few days there and that was just it reminded me very much as Seattle rained almost the whole time. We had one nice day, but the rest of the time and just that drizzle, constant drizzle, rain and cold chili wind. And I was like, oh, yeah, I remember this weather.
Speaker 2: It probably rained in Hawaii too, right, just sunny and rainy.
Speaker 1: It didn't really rain too much for us, thankfully. There was a couple like small showers and that was about it.
Speaker 2: I went into December January one year, many of years ago, one of my two trips to Hawaii, one of which was on the show, of course, and it rained pretty much every day for about an hour and then it was done and that was it, you know. But it rained hard, and it was awesome and cool and rainbows and all that jazz. So it's kind of neat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you get those Were you guys getting rocked by those big swells? Was up affected?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Thankfully we didn't get hit by any of that stuff.
Speaker 2: As you went on a cruise of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to Honolulu, Waikiki. We stayed in Waikiki for a few days just walking around, and then hopped on a cruise that went to every island. So I couldn't even name them all in order I'd have to, like look at my notes, because it was just like place after place. But it was really amazing to get to see so much of everything. And some of the islands you'd be there for like two nights, so you could spend like a lot of time on the island and just come back to go to sleep and get up and go right back to the island and loiter around.
Speaker 6: So it was super cool. I'd love to go back there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were going a long time, man.
Speaker 6: But yeah, that was amazing.
Speaker 1: And then I'd never been to San Francisco before, and there was quite a number of things I wanted to see there, and luckily we got to do that and cram everything into a couple of days.
Speaker 6: That's a super cool town too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You went to the Bruce Lee Museum, of course, right, Yeah, there's a Chinese Historical Society of America museum there and they've run this Bruce Lee themed exhibit since twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: That I was always like, Man, I'd be amazing to see. I've always wanted to go there. Bruce Lee was born there in San Francisco, so I went to the and He's hospital there where he was born, and he came back there for quite a while and then lived in Oakland for a bit and had a lot of kind of milestones in his life happened in and around Oakland, in the San Francisco area, so I got to see some of those spots. Not as many on the Oakland side, but it was super cool to see all that. And then obviously the hate Ashbury area, that was crazy to see what a cool strip that is.
Speaker 2: I've been there in years and years and years. But you know, he didn't live that far from there for a while. I lived in San Francisco for a couple of years, so I had more than my fair share.
Speaker 6: Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I lived in San Francisco for like the four years, three or four years somewhere in there. Yeah, not far from hate Ashbury. That's like up in the inner Sunset. And then in Burnal Heights, which is kind of on the other side of town, a little bit, a little bit in the sunnier side of town. But it was great, It was great, And all that time I never went to think I went to Fisherman's Worf once. I never went to Alcatraz. It's never did the tourist stuff, because you know, it is when he lived someplace you just don't do it.
Speaker 5: He blew it not going to Alcatraz that place rules.
Speaker 2: Perhaps I have, but I don't know that dead yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to see it, and we stayed in Fishermen's Wharf, so we walked around there quite a bit, and so we could see Alcatraz in the distance, but didn't get to like hit that spot on a tour. And then we had a tour booked, like or a ride booked to go to Mirror Woods, and then the morning it was going to depart, they closed it because the weather impacted the roads. And then Mirror Woods like all their facilities lost power, so like their restrooms and whatever other like publicly accessible facilities they had there. So they were just closing the whole area to outsiders for the day. So super bum they didn't get to see Mere Woods. But I'm sure we'll go back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all right. I mean, Meerwoods is kind of like a you know, you know, if you go to the you spend a lot of time on National forest land, and then all of a sudden you go to a state park, you know, and you kind of feel the difference. That's kind of what Mirror Woods was to me.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, I spent so much time in the Redwoods and up there in you know, Bluff Creek and Six Rivers and in the Sierras, and then you go to mere Woods and it's like a controlled little area. It's not little, end. It's pretty big, I guess, but with red woods and stuff, and it's cool. It's cool, don't get me wrong. But it's like the remnants of what it once was when everything was cool there, you know. So, I mean, I'm gonna I wouldn't say you didn't miss anything, but you know, if you've been to the Redwoods and stuff, it doesn't really compare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I figured to be pretty manicured since it's so publicly accessible, but it still would have been cool to see it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's cool. It's cool. There's lots of neat, little Heidi holes in tucked away areas in the Bay Area, you know, up in marin especially, and a lot of really cool things. Of course, populations even bigger now than it was when I lived there. I think I lived there from nineteen ninety seven until about two thousand or two thousand and one, maybe give or take a year on either side. Yeah somewhere in there.
Speaker 6: That's crazy. I did not know that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I get around a little bit. But anyway, Q and a Day, Happy December, Q and a Day everybody. We're going to do our question and answer sessions. Bobo's here, Matt's here, I'm here, and we have some voicemails. I'm assuming right, Matt.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 1: We got three voicemails here, and this first one is in response to a new Small Town Monsters release that I'll put a link to in the show notes from our good friend Alexander Pettakov. A great little production he did dedicated to the Go Road, which is super cool. I watched that when we were out and about. So this one is for our good man, the Bobes. And here it is, Bobo.
Speaker 7: I recently watched you on Small Town Monsters, where you said you heard something very big snapped the Pheromone chips, but you pulled your sleeping bag up over your eyes, and then you described it crossing the road and going down the hill. Why wouldn't you want to look for something, even a little peak at something that you continue to search for most of your life. Thanks for the time of answering my question.
Speaker 5: Great question. And I used to give money makers so much grief because he told me about that story about in Ohio and the thing walked up at sunrise. It was just like it was just getting light, but you could totaly see like around like he would have saw it that it was walking right around his jeep and he was sleeping in the back head in the back seat down was crashed out back there, and he just pulled his blanket over his head. I was like, you wist, like how could you Like, I just could not understand how he did it. I'm like, what do you like, dude, Like just take a look, like what the And when that happened, I couldn't see it anyways, because my eyes were open at first. When I just saw this, it just like all of a sudden, the stars were gone, you know. It's just like this giant black masks and there's just the foot falls just boom boom, like it was taking like six foot steps probably, and it was just it just sounded so big and the and there was just this overpowering like I don't know if it was in it for sounding or if it was just me being that freaking terrified of it, but it walked, it walked past within three four feet of me, like, you know, for sure it was within three feet of me. I could have I might have been, you know, popped up with some of my light on it or something. But I was still afraid it just gonna rip me out of that truck. I just I just whisked out, like I was scared to death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And people want to hear it because the segment in the small Town Monster's bit is, you know, just a couple of minutes long of Bobo's on the story. But there was an episode that just Bobo and I did last August, episode two twenty four, Bobo's First Sighting, where we talk about that story fairly in depth, along with a couple of other things in and around Bobo's First Sighting. So listeners, if you're not familiar with that, go back and listen to that episode.
Speaker 2: Do you regret it, Bobo?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I mean it would have been tough for me. I mean, yeah, I should I should have been I should have my light ready, and I did. I did have high light right there. I mean I had a spotlight right there, and I just I just panicked and it was just so it was so overbearing, like overbearingly powerful. It was just like it was intense. It was I was just like, oh my god, this because I think I thought that's the giant one that I seen. That's what I thought. I'm like, I think it was such a huge stud like and yeah, I definitely should have taken a look and I didn't, and I regret it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big footing once you if you're big footing for any length of time, you know, years, a couple of years or so, you're you're going to walk away with regrets. I don't see any other way around it, you know, looking back at my you know, big footing life. This chock full of awesome opportunities that I regret screwing up somehow one way or another. I still enjoy it luckily, but could have done better.
Speaker 6: Absolutely agree.
Speaker 1: And I think I know we talked about this on a members episode, but I don't think we talked about it on this side. But those, to me are very often the most fascinating stories, were the most fascinating people to talk to, because you know, we get so hung up on witnesses, and most witnesses have their experiences or their observations as a product of luck. Basically, whether it's good or bad luck is really up to the witness and how they respond to it. But those of us, you know, who've been at it a long time, I think we learn a lot from stories like that, like people who've who've made errors and who have agonized over it for years, and he could say, here's what I would have done differently, And that's way more informative than like, oh, I happened to be at the right place at the right time. Is learning from people getting insights into what they wish they had done differently, and then carrying that in the field with you of like, Okay, well here's how I should be prepared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, but it's an argument to be made. And I don't think this is exactly true, but I think there's some truth in it that no matter how well prepared you think you are, you just don't know what it's going to be like when one's actually there and you're faced with that situation. Because also I used to do I've done the same thing. Of course, I think we're all guilty of this. At some point. We're saying, well, if it happened to me, I would do this, and no, no, you don't know. What you should say is I would want to do this, because at least that's accurate, because you're saying I would do that. Now that's foolish. You don't know what you're gonna do. Because when the adrenaline is running and it's dark or it's spooky and there's a large like a large animal right there that you can't see but you know it's there and you hear it and you know it's big, all bets are off, no matter how bitch and you think you are. I would do this. Yeah, that's cute. No, you don't know what you're going to do until you're actually there.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a big part of it. The other part of it that people don't think about it. That's happened to me many times that I've had to learn that I'm very prone to type two errors. Many times that I've been out in the field actively pursuing things, things have happened and I've gone no way, no way, that's got to be a bear, that's got to be an elk oh, that that has to be a person over there, you know, and been like too dismissive immediately instead of saying like no, even though my instincts telling me that I need to just still investigate this as hard as possible. But sometimes things are so blatantly obvious that you're like, there's no way that's a sasquatch. There's no way that a sasquatch would come this close and broad daylight under these conditions. It has to be something more mundane and like too quick to write things off that in retrospect of like no, I should have like thrown everything out it and go chase it instead of being sure that like, ah, no, it can't be you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just I just sort of bigfoot BFI report from the expedition, and I think West Virginia or Virginia. But the guy was with the group that someone said they heard one of the day before pounding on the of an abandoned building up off the trail, and they all walked up there, and no one walked behind the building where they heard the pounding from the group kept walking. This guy walked back there and stood there back there for a few minutes, and then he noticed a face in the woods looking at him. He ended up having like an extended face to face stare off at fifty yards with a sasquatch and then he heard, you know, the whistling and some knocks and roars and stuff after it, you know, broke I eye contact and broke off, but like everyone else was just like yeah, you know, it was yesterday or whatever whatever. They just kept walking and the guy walked back and there was thing was sitting back there in.
Speaker 6: The woods exactly.
Speaker 1: And those kinds of things have happened to me a handful of times where it's where I've been like, now, that has to be there, has to that has to be a person.
Speaker 6: There's no way, you know.
Speaker 1: Because I think in our minds we think it's going to be something big and dramatic, like a roar, a scream, a huge branch break or something, and then you just hear footfalls, you know that sound bipedal, and you're like, oh, there's a dude over there. You know, we're in the wrong spot. I thought we'd be alone here, Like are you sure? Like I don't know, hey, man, you know you kind of halfway investigate it. Or I think we can be that way with certain stories sometimes too, is that we hear a story and we're like, that probably didn't happen. That might be too good to be true. We'll see if anything shakes out. And then down the line you get more reasons to think, man, I should have probably dropped everything and gone and chased that story immediately, because I might have actually come up with something instead of going, nah, it's probably not you know, I still think that's better than believing that everything you know, because a type one error is that you attribute everything. Every branch break is a sasquatch and every divod in the ground is a sasquatch track, and every story is true. So Type two was probably still a little bit better, but very flawed.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, well, I ran into some problems about not two months ago, and Nico and I and this this is on in one of the member museum videos too, so if any museum members out there, you might have seen them in this video. But Niko and I were out down kind of off the Calawa Wash River and we're back on these these logging roads a million miles from anywhere, and I'm rounding up to the nearest million miles, of course, and we're walking around there and there's we hear some noises off to the right of the road, you know, guessing about one hundred yards hundred fifty yards back and it sounds big, you know, real big. Then we stop and we're like looking at each other, kind of like making sure that the other person knows what's going on, and we're thinking, what is that. We're thinking, you know, it's big enough. We're thinking, okay, elk bear, saasquatch, maybe deer, but like probably one of the first three, you know, and then the scraping noise. We don't hear any vocal vocalizing or grunts or anything like that. And then we hear another one, like and this one is up further in a tree, and we kind of pieced it together over the next three or four or five minutes. You know that it was probably a bear and a cub, like probably because there were two of them, one was up in a tree, a scraping noise, I mean, it could have been some other things. Porcupine actually crossed our minds. They're very rare where we live, but they are here and they do make a big ruckus noise and stuff. But it just sounded way too big, and we were kind of we're thinking we should go in and look. But if it was one bear, I think we probably would have. But our hypothesis is that it was two bears and a cub on top of it. And that's just a situation where you're asking for it when you're you know, a mile and a half from the car, you know, and you can't drive to where you were and all this other stuff. It's, you know, somebody gets messed up. It's a long drag of a you know, an injured person out essentially. So when you're face to that situation, it's like, yeah, there's a large animal there, and you know, at a bear and a cub potentially potentially life threatening, are you going to run towards it? Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages. All right, Should we go to the next question the next voicemail?
Speaker 6: Yep, and here it is.
Speaker 3: Hello, gentlemen, This is Kevin from Nashville, Tennessee. I was recently re listening to another wonderful podcast called Astonishing Legends, and they did kind of a six part deep dive into the Patterson Gimlin film. It's a great series, and in it they had mentioned something which I've heard before that there were two other track sizes found in addition to Patty's, presumably like a larger male and a smaller juvenile. So I've got two questions related to these tracks. The first is were these found the same day? Like was this something that was found on the same sandbar or is this a different event altogether? And then the second question is have you ever seen photos or casts of these tracks? And if so, what are your thoughts? Thanks, guys, love the show.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I've got some answers for you on that one. At the PG side itself on that day, there was only one sasquatch present. Lots of people say, oh no, you could see it in the woods and babies and this and that whatever. Now, No, there's only one sasquatch present as far as we know. If there was another one there, no one's ever seen it. So those are all blob squatches behind and bakshor desk kind of chasing willow wisps and that sort of stuff. So, at the PG side itself on that day, October twenty, nineteen sixty seven, one sasquatch was present that we know of. Period. What you're referring to are is kind of bleed over from the August nineteen sixty seven Blue Creek Mountain tracks up on There were two events in August, one in the middle of August and one at the very end of August up on Blue Creek Mountain. First one is actually Onion Mountain, but Bobo can attest to this. Onion Mountain and Blue Creek Mountain are right there right almost pretty much the same place. I don't even know why they call them a different place, for pretty much the same place within a mile or two. John Green was up there and got the Onion Mountain cast I think in the middle of August, and it's a fairly small one. I think it's about a thirteen inch or something like that if I remember. And then the Blue Creek Mountain tracks, which are really well documented now there's lots of pictures of John Green and other folks there with the prints in the ground, and at that site you see John Green actually, if I remember the story right, and Bobo, you're so well read on this. If you hear me say something incorrect, please jump in. But John Green, I believe, got back from Bluff Creek from his trip in the middle of August, and like the next day or the same day or within a day or something like that. They got a call, hey, tracks are down here, and so they got a plane, I can't remember the guy's name, a pilot to fly them down to Bluff Creek. They landed I think at the Orleans Airport, and then they went up into a Fish Creek Road and up on the Blue Creek mountain side, and then there were tons into I think or over a thousand tracks or right around a thousand, maybe nine hundred something or a thousand tracks that remember exactly, And there are there were reportedly three sizes of tracks. Now this is where we get into a little bit of a wonkiness here, a little bit of trouble. I'd have to go into one of the books and dig up the exact quote. But John Green said there were three sizes reported, though he was unable to verify one of them, I think the smallest of them. So there were two sets of tracks present, and there are lots of photographs of the trackways and two sets of tracks in the same picture, even but that third set was unable to be verified by John Green, even though he spent hours and hours and hours and hours there on the site. But initially that it was reported that they were three different sizes, and then of course you run into a lot of problems with the Blue Creek Mountain stuff. I'm on the fence. I don't even know if those are real. Honestly, at this point, there's really good reason to think that they're not real. If you look into the Meet the Sasquatch book or the second edition Know the Sasquatch, they Murphy covers us pretty well. There's that, And it's funny actually in the first edition of Meet the Sasquatch, the second one is Know the Saasquatch and Meet the Sasquatch. I am given photo credit for a picture I didn't take, which is odd. Peter Burn, many many years ago, I was at Peter Burn's house when he lived up in one of those canyons, like to Panka Canyon or one of those canyons up above Los Angeles, and I visited him way back in the day, and he brought out a shoe box of stuff, and he was shown us some pictures of bigfoot stuff. And he basically gave me an envelope with some with a with negatives and a bunch of prints in there. Of these these footprints, and you did know where they're from. He said, yeah, someone gave me these. You can just have them do whatever you want with them, like, oh, that's cool, Wow, that's really generous. And so I got them scanned and everything like that, and they're really interesting pictures. There are pictures of there are three footprints photographs I believe in the ground, and then a photograph of the Willow Creek statue, an incomplete statue of Willow Creek, the one that Jim McLaren carved, so that gives us a date. Basically it was basically in about nineteen sixty seven. And then doing a little bit more slew thing, we found and I also called the person who took the photograph. Actually she was dead. I called Door I think or the first name was Dorain or last name was Spook her and either I spoke to Dorain or I spoke to Dorian's daughter. The original photographer was dead. This is I spoke to the daughter. There's some phone number associated with it. And she said that her dad was a road building crew and he showed up in the more like mom would drop him off at work in the morning, like way back there, twenty miles back in the mountains, and then they would he was a mechanic or something for the cats and the heavy machinery. And they showed up one day and there were these footprints everywhere, and you know, the tools were scattered about and the typical sort of like Bluff Creek esque sort of stories, you know, things tossed about and tools spilled and that sort of thing. And they took a couple of pictures basically, and then they left. So this guy was certainly working on the Blue Creek Mountain stuff. And you can the thing about it is in one of the feet I think it's the right feed, the right foot and the heel segment, there's a line. There's a line that is repeated in a lot of the footprints, and it turns out that one of the Ray Wallace hoax stompers has that same line. So there's very good reason to think that those are fake at this point. The thing that makes me kind of be on the fence instead of just completely writing it off is that doctor Meldrum, in his book That Sasquatch Legend Science, has photographs of half casts from the Blue Creek Mountain side. And I don't know how you do a half cast with a wooden stomper. It just doesn't make sense to me, So I think that those are probably fake. But at the same time, half casts don't make sense if you're using stompers. So are they real or are they not? I don't know. But as far as there being three track sizes at the PG site, and that's not true, there were three track sizes reported in the Bluff Creek area from just a few months before from the Blue Creek Mountain track fine John Green was unable to verify according to his book, I believe, I'm ninety nine percent sure. I read this in his book not that long ago. He was unable to verify the third set. But there were two present, And you can find lots of pictures of the Blue Creek Mountains stuff online from the site, and you can see two prints in a lot of these pictures. So there were at least two there. But it was actually those tracks from the Blue Creek Mountain that gave Roger the motivation to go to Bluff Creek at that time, because Roger was trying to film a documentary and he brought that camera down that he had actually filmed the animal with. He brought that camera down in order to film the tracks in the ground, and they did go up to Blue Creek Mountain, but by then, you know, being two months later or something like that, right August September, Yeah, two months later, the tracks were virtually destroyed. You know, they were they could tell that they were there, but none of them had any detail left, essentially, and that kind of substrate It kind of makes a lot of sense, kind of Rocky Sandy sort of substraight up there on top of the mountain. But so yeah, that's that's what you get there. So three tracks were reported from Blue Creek Mountain, only two were verified by John Green. They might be fake, They very well could be fake. And that's what brought Roger and Bob down there. Roger and you know, Bob was just kind of tagging along, and then they filmed the animal one animal at the thing, and there you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Kevin's a good dude.
Speaker 1: We met him in an event in Gatlinburg last year and then I've kept in touch with him since he's here local. That Astonishing Legend series is so well done. Usually I cringe when any podcast that's not Sasquatch specific, and even a lot of Sasquatch specific ones, you know, they get a lot of details wrong when it comes to historical sasquatchery. So when I saw that Astonishing Legends was doing that PGF series, I was like, oh man, Like as a quick tangent, there's a few other sort of esoteric podcasts that I would listen to from time to time, and they'd have these really interesting episodes and they'd cover like a range of strange topics, and then they'd get to the sasquatch episode and it would be so factually incorrect that I would go, oh man, well, how incorrect were all the other episodes I heard? But I'm just not familiar with that history, so I didn't know how incorrect they were. So I would always cringe. And so when Astonishing Legends drop that series, which I loved that podcast, I was like, oh no, and I have to say, like, it is remarkable, it's stellar. And since they released that, whenever anyone asks about the Patterson film, they'll say, like, what books should I read? You know, what should I dig into? I always say, we'll start here. Listen to these because they're free, they're online, they're easily accessible, and you don't have to sit down and watch anything. You can just listen while you're driving or doing other things. It is maybe one of the single best works on the Patterson film that's out there. So what Kevin's alluding to is, you know, the reference that you know, Roger might have been frightened after the encounter because he might have had it in his mind that there were other individuals around that it wasn't just this single sasquatch, but that there might have been, you know, a big male lurking somewhere nearby or something of that nature. So it wasn't really a reference to like there were three sasquatches at Bluff Creek on October twentieth, or that they found tracks of three sizes there that day. It was just you know, within the general area over time there had been these reports of three and so Roger might have had that in his mind at the time. But it's definitely worth listening to everyone who listened to that series. It's really hard to do a podcast about something visual, and they nailed it, So kudos to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's certainly where Roger got that idea from the Blue Creek Mountain tracks.
Speaker 1: Certainly, And so here is the final voicemail before we move along to the written questions.
Speaker 4: Hello, my name is Mark Query, and I sent in a question and I think it was twenty twenty one about sask Watch possibly doing mimicry of things like chain saws. For example, I had a vocalization experience or whatever at Dory Lake, Saskatchewan in twenty eleven. I was working for a black bear outfitter for the spring black bear hunt and we were going to clear out an old quad trail on this peninsula of Dory Lake. One instance, my chain saw stalled out running out of gas. Something up the trail to my left, just in the bush was mimicking the chainsaw, though it was very odd. It was in a low gut orb grawl and it mimicked my chain saw to a tea from you know, the high revs to the eventual stall out. It spooked me pretty bad, to be honest, and I walked out of there and found my boss sharpening his chain. He didn't want to hear about it. We eventually went back and you know, I thought, I don't know. I never actually took a look to find out what was actually making the vocalization, so I can't tell you what it was. I'm just curious as anybody else ever seen something like this or heard something like this or had similar experiences, Thank.
Speaker 2: You very much.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find the episode number. But there was a There's two stories that come to mind for me, but one of which was saw related that happened in Area X, and I think Darryl Callier told that story when we had him as a guest on here. But you know, Daryl's one of my best friends. I spent a lot of time with him, so I've heard the story many times, but I'm pretty sure it was told. It was episode one fifty four of Big Finn of Beyond, so go back and listen to that. But there was one incident in Area X where they were moving through an area either in vehicles or on ATVs, and there was a tree down and they had to get out and saw this tree, and during the process of that started hearing a sound from close by mimicking the sound of the saw to a tea that multiple people heard at once. And then the other one that comes to mind is they were in the old compound that you'll hear referred to and discussions about Aria X and Alton Higgins was up on the metal roof of one of these cabins, cleaning it off and collecting rocks that have been tossed up there and things of that nature. And this roof the metal would bend and creak as he walked across it. You know, if you can picture that sound as I guess is that an oxymoron picturing sound? I don't know, but if you can hear that sound in your imagination, the sound of like a person walking across sort of like flexible metal. They started hearing that exact same sound coming from the woods on the slope above them, as if something was mimicking it, like once again to a T And Daryl might have told that on the podcast. If not, I think Paul Bowman did on the episode he was with us.
Speaker 5: I heard it that. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's definitely mimicry stories, but there's that one of a saw comes to mind, So go back and listen to that episode.
Speaker 6: Mark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure I've ever heard a sobbing mimicked, but I have heard. Of course, We've talked about card doors slamming lots of times on the podcast here. I've heard that in the woods. Personally, I've been with people who heard it, and I just missed it. And of course we had Lance. I don't know what episode number Lance was on. Lance is a good friend of mine, long term witnesses who had been lucky enough to see these things a handful of times for his life.
Speaker 6: Episode one sixty one sixty There you go.
Speaker 2: He literally saw a sasquatch from five six seven feet away. He was laying down in the car. Remember the story correctly, and he tells it on the podcast. He's laying down in a car, the thing walked by. He had eyes on it when the sasquatch made a mountain lion call. So these things I think are I'm pretty you know, I'm comfortable saying that these are are excellent mimics. They can probably copy down here or anything they want to, just like a parrot can, you know. And if you've ever been around a parrot, it's really creepy sometimes being around a parrot, Like my parents had parrots, and it sounded like mom coughing or my dad laughing, like it takes on their voice quality. You know, it's just creepy. And I think sasquatches have similar ability. You know. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo, we'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the first week that I was ever in Area X, one of the days that we were spread out with cameras, Darryl had a call blaster just like one of the you know, like a predator call, basically like an off the shelf thing, and he was playing sort of unconventional sounds that you just wouldn't really hear in a wild environment like that, and one of them was a.
Speaker 6: Kid goat in distress.
Speaker 1: And he probably played that sound on and off for maybe an hour or two, like maybe once every fifteen minutes or something, and nothing happened. And all that day and then that night we were all in the tent. It was just Daryl, myself and a guy named Angelo, and that night something circled the camp. It was at a decent distance. I'd have to look at my notes, but I'd say probably fifty seventy five yards away, but going around camp making that exact same sound in the dead.
Speaker 6: Of the night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've also I've also heard goats actually at some some very weird friends of mine lived in this kind of shack. And that's being generous. On Sokel Creek up and down in Santa Cruz. And they they didn't think that they were weird people anyway, right, and they still are. They're good friends of mine even today. But like they had weird stuff happen there a lot. You know, things would get on the roof and run around and like disappear and that kind of stuff, you know, not like vanished in the thin air, but hop down and beat but sound like a person running around on the roof. Dan would talk about the tall man who would come and like peek in the windows at the very very top and then had to be like eight feet or more to eight nine feet, but there's junk on that. Like they lived in a junk yard.
Speaker 6: It's like this.
Speaker 2: Totally non legal shack in a junk yard somewhere, you know, weird hippie like Santa Cruz stuff, and like they talk about the tall man coming and peaking in the windows and that sort of stuff. And I was at their their their house one New Year's Eves, you know, some Christmas or something like that, hanging out with them, and we heard goats from across the river and there is no way there's I mean there, I guess it could be a goat across the river could have just got loose. But hearing goats and stuff where you know, there is nothing, there's no property, there's no nobody, there's no houses, there's no nothing, and hearing goats and stuff, and like weird noises that aren't goats and like and stuff like that. And plus they see these things too, but these are pretty weird people too, so they just called them, you know whatever name like oh, the shadow man or the floater or something like that, you know, but like, you know, eight foot shadows like thirty forty fifty feet ahead of them in the dark, floating across the road and going over chains or barbed wire fences into the persimmon field and stuff like that. Yeah, a lot of weird things happen there that they think is all weird and paranormal and weird spooky and stuff. But for a guy like me, and he's like, no dude yet yet, asasas watch around there, that's all it was.
Speaker 1: But well, said Bobo, I thought for sure Boba would have some mimicry stories.
Speaker 5: Oh well, I had that one when I was up off the go road, actually up about twenty miles up. I had the machine gun. I thought there was a machine gun going off of those they were just clapping their hands like but they could make that gun sound perfect. I've heard the owls. I've heard the eight hundred pounds owls. I've heard some COVID type you know, like crow or raven type calls. You know, like that just seemed like wrong and down low. But I haven't heard anything like that in a long time. When they're mimicking something.
Speaker 1: You're going to have your own Zoobies type encounter one day, but instead of it going you're chicky, chicky, it's gonna go classic.
Speaker 2: I was going to train the boat the Sasquatches up at the water spot for a while, but I never got my act together. I wanted to go and like leave a recorder that would just go Bobo bobo this over and over and over again on some repeat the train the Sasquatch is there to say that, because I thought about what a great gift for Bobo he could go there, Sasquatches, Bobo out man.
Speaker 1: I remember hearing a story one time and it came through the BFRO. I don't remember if it's a published report or if it's the investigator that told it to me.
Speaker 6: This was years ago.
Speaker 1: But a couple, I want to say, they were in the northeast, maybe like the Adirondacks or something. We're camping, and the husband went off to collect firewood and was gone for quite a while, and the wife started to get a little freaked out. And the guy's name was Mark, and she was yelling Mark, Mark, Mark, yelling for him for like five minutes until he came back with an earshot and he's like, Oh, I'm over here, I'm coming back. And then that night something circled around their tent, stomping and was just going.
Speaker 2: Mark, Mark, Mark, Mark.
Speaker 1: And do you think, man, my psyche would have unraveled like that would have that would be terrifying.
Speaker 5: Did you imagine hearing your name? Yeah? Because well I also like the girl Vanessa, whose grandma was Laverne, who just passed it up there in Queen's up there on the Quinnott Reserition in the Olympic Peninsula of Washington. She the whole family moved into the front living room. They had a four bedroom house, and everyone lived in the front of the house, and they had blankets over all the windows on the back of the house, so now they could look in, but they girl lived on the second floor that they could reach up and tap her window with the finger and go. Because Laverne was in a wheelchair, so she would roll out on the front porch and called for Vanessa like Vanessa Va. The thing would come and go where and that freaked her out. And there was also that one in Oric, the Native girl up here and just north of west like, uh, just ten minutes from where I went to that seting report investigation last week and I missed the last episode, but the same thing. The girl, I can't remember her name, a like Rebecca or something, but she would uh, the Saskas come and tap on the window of the treen tap tap tap and just go, you know whatever. An then Kathley straight had that freaky story about the when she was backpacking up there and the Sierra Nevadas that came up was they were yelling at a woll whan that was camp kind of further away than the rest of them, and they kept calling her name out and then the thing came up that night and Staid was saying the lady's name, the squats came outside of the tent.
Speaker 2: We know that this reminded me of two more I have two more. One I experienced personally, and then the other one was reported to me. The one I experienced personally, it was actually where it was on camera. We filmed it for Finding Bigfoot. I don't remember where we were. I think it was it might have been that that early Alberta episode with Todd standing on it. Did do we some sorts of like decoy deer or something on that one? I think, yeah, we did it there too, but we did something I don't know. I don't know. I can't remember exactly, but I remember being out there and I heard a metallic chime just it's like it wasn't a bell. It was kind of it was bell like, but it wasn't a bell, and it was like like that, It's like, where the hell did that come from? That's like the weirdest noise to hear here. That doesn't make any sense to me, So that who knows what that was?
Speaker 1: And then do you know that that's like a fairly I don't want to say common, but that has been reported multiple times and those reports have always fascinated me for that. For that, it's a bizarre thing. I would love to hear it, but I've there's many people that have described that. And there's one great report that I've read so many times. I'll put a link in the show notes because I know exactly where to find it. But there was a guy hunting in Missouri that saw one and he was watching it. It was browsing. It was basically like foraging for a while, and then he saw it cock its head back and make that sound. He said it sounded like two big hollow metal rods being hit together, like a big metal chime, like a bell like resonance. So that's really interesting that you heard that it's on camera.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've heard those metallic sounds like. I wasn't counting those for it because I never knew for sure. I never saw any that what made it, but seem like it was a squash. There's nothing else something that could match it. But I've literally heard that car door slamming a couple hundred times.
Speaker 2: Well, I did hear I think at that. The last thing I was going to mention is that the report that I got, I remember the gentleman was in Virginia. I don't remember his name. I don't remember exactly where it was. It's in my file somewhere. But this guy in Virginia and I think, I know I probably told this story on the podcast before, but I'll say it again. He lived or lives adjacent to some sort of wildlife refuge or something like that, and he would take his dog. I think it was a Golden Retriever if I remember. His dog for walks there pretty much every day. And I forget the dog's name of Charlie or something, I don't know what it was, but he would Charlie, come here, Charlie, come here, and like he'd always call him for his dog or whatever. And then he saw a sasquatch there, you know, and like I would say, oh shoot, But he didn't stop walking his dog there or anything. He just was a little bit more aware when he was out there. And then one day he was out there and he heard his own voice calling for his dog, which would be, you know, just totally make me melt down personally.
Speaker 1: We need our listeners who are field researchers to start chanting the magic words when they're out in the field, so that maybe in a few years time, we'll get a bunch of reports of like, yeah, I saw this sasquatch and it approached me on a trail and it.
Speaker 6: Said subscribe to a big foot and beyond.
Speaker 2: Or just snice of simple bo bo oh bo.
Speaker 5: As it freak me out.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll tell you another mimicry that I heard in the field myself with a number of other people that I'd heard described many times, but then to hear it in person was really freaky, is that Darryl would often go out and do this real because Daryl's an amazing singer and he's got this huge range, and in fact, like we've played around with like the piano and like me hitting me super high notes and him being able to hit him, whether in natural voice or all the way up into like super high falsetto. But so we're outside at night and he was talking about these things, mimicking this you who sounds. So he started doing like I can't even come close to it, but this really high pitch like yeoo, but probably like two or three steps higher than that. And he was doing that as projecting so loud and echoing across the whole valley and within I don't know, half an hour to the west of us, very distant. It started we were hearing that coming back and it was moving closer and so he'd.
Speaker 8: Go youoo oh, Renee Got answered like that, yeah, and we'd hear in the distance, Yeah, down in the valley floor with us, and there's there's nobody out there, especially to the west of where we were.
Speaker 1: I mean to get in there, you can only get in that way on foot, and it would be a nightmare to try to do, and especially in the dark.
Speaker 6: So that was pretty freaky.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Renee Got, I used to every day being fund the show, like god d that's the stupidest thing, you know, you who like just do a real call, like quit being a jackass. You know. Then after like five years, one day I think we're in Virginia, We're someone on the East coast were here, m like, just like Brenda. It was like, oh my god, I can't believe it.
Speaker 6: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's probably just an easy sound for them to replicate, you know, because it's just two notes and basically like not any hard consonant sounds or it's basically two vowel sounds really and so so yeah, but I heard that myself in a number that we were just all flabbergasted, like holy crap, Like that really does happen down here. Yeah, alrighty, well, we can move on to the written questions here and so this one is from a longtime listener of ours and also a member, but she submitted it here on the main show side.
Speaker 6: So I'll put in the chat for you guys. You want a Cliff, sure, Okay?
Speaker 2: The question is from Heidi Campbell, Hi, Cliff, Bobo, and Matt. While watching Cliff video of his most recent Sasquatch encounter, I began to wonder, what is the ideal sasquatch encounter? Could you each share your fantasy or ideal encounter? And do you think it would occur with an adult male, female, juvenile or young sasquatch or even multiple love the show and beyond. So this is kind of like what is our fantasy bigfoot encounter?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 1: Well, the happy ending mine is that a very large, undeniably you know, powerful, old male who is past its prime and therefore isn't contributing to the gene pool any longer crawls into the back of my forerunner and dies peacefully, and then I could just drive it to whatever institution will officially recognize it.
Speaker 6: That's my fantasy encounter.
Speaker 2: Coincidentally, that's also the way I want.
Speaker 6: To die in the back of my ford.
Speaker 2: Yeah, climbing in the back of your forerunner and take me somewhere. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've thought I've had so many fantasy squats encounter things. Obviously, Well, I mean, am I filming it?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 5: I just happened to.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's up to you. It's your fantasy. Whatever you want to do.
Speaker 5: Oh, well, of course I film it. But it'd be an extended long observation of a family group that pulls like a hunt or something like them running down a deer or an elk and catching it, stop at its neck and the whole nine. Like seeing how they communicate and you know, like hands signal and run or run it down and hunt it something like that. That'd be pretty phenomenal. It's got to be.
Speaker 2: Daylight, Yeah, that might might have absolutely be daylight. And there's lots of different scenarios I would love to observe. Of course, I think that having multiple there would be awesome. Maybe you know, like a five footer and a seven footer or something like that, that sort of thing where they're there. I would love it if they were observing me and I could see them do it and you know, then dart between trees or something, or maybe they would just be foraging or something like that, a little bit of interacting. So and of course I'd love to film it as well. Having two of them in the same footage would go a long ways towards validating any sort of footage I think. So, I think, yeah, some sort of daylight thing where maybe they're in this in a wamp or something, foraging, digging around doing stuff. And I think the swamp part is pretty important because any encounter that I have, I would really, really really like to get some casts out of it. So if they were foraging, digging around for rodents or doing whatever they do and leaving handprints and footprints and stuff, that would go along a long ways towards making me a happy boy. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. Will be right back after these messages, all.
Speaker 6: Righty bobes rob Esparaza. I think it's as sparsa a sparsa.
Speaker 5: To y'all's knowledge. Has anyone taken three D photos for Google at the Patterson Given film site. The wander app allows people to see anywhere Google Maps has been or what people have uploaded photos for. I think it would be a guess to move around the film site and virtually stand there in awe thanks. I think they did in the Bluff Creek project as I think did that rowdy Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think Bill Munz did it, didn't he remember he? When we were there in twenty twelve with Bill, he threw all those like little plastic balls everywhere and did some fancy scanning or something and used those balls as some sort of you know, the same sort of way that you'd wear like a green screen suit and put the little ping pong balls and very parts of your body for doing like animation and movies and that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: But you can upload, like if you go to Google Earth, if people have uploaded three D photos like that, you can click them and it'll zoom you into them, and then you can click and drag and move around in the three D space. So like where I grew up, you know, every waterfall has that where someone's gone there with one of those like three sixty cameras and taken a photo and then users can upload, and then it'll be like geopinned to that map, so that anyone anywhere can access it. So that would be cool if Bill made that available, it'd be super awesome. And can't you you were telling me, Cliff, I haven't tried this, but that same scan a Verse app that you use for tracks or casts, like you can scan whole places with that, right, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sure, I scanned a footprint find location with that actually, so yes.
Speaker 1: So that would be super cool for someone to undertake and upload to Google Earth or Google Maps or something like that, or that wander app like he's mentioning. So it could be the case that Muns or other people have taken three D photos but that they're just not available for users to interact with.
Speaker 5: Oh, it'd be way better now because then when Muns did it, because we were clearing stuff out when Muns was there, and it's so much more. Those guys did so much more work. Like it's so rated. You go there now, like Rogers, I think it's the Patty's path is flagged with like yellow like little flags stuck in on little metal rods on the ground her pathway. Then Rogers, I think it's I think it's blue flags. I think something like that, and you can see exactly where she walked, how far he was from her. It's it's awesome, and so I'll clear it out.
Speaker 1: That would be super cool for people to play around with, because yeah, I spend so much time on Google Maps and Google Earth and you know, scouting areas and finding areas that way, and so those three D photographs for three sixty ones are super cool to play around with. So be amazing to see that for that would be a cool project to do, like all sorts of famous Sasquatch sites, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Have the Freeman site.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's another one. I think that's the one you told me about doing first. And I was like, oh, I didn't realize you could scan like an entire place like that.
Speaker 6: That's super cool. I'm sure it's tedious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not that big of a deal. It tastes a little bit of time, but yeah, and the Freeman site's really easy too, because it's you know, this is not that big of an area. It's actually a lot smaller than the Patterson given film site. And then I kind of screwed up though in a way, like I scanned it on the way up, and then I scanned it on the way back, and when the computer, like the phone, I guess the AI pieced it together. I thought I took two different paths. So now I've been done it since then. I was there this past summer. At some point I'll probably go back this coming summer. I've got some work I need to do out there. I'll do I'll re scan it properly. And of course I also did all that stuff with Doug that'll be coming out with Sasquatch Sledging Meet Science too, whenever that gets out. We did a lot of light our work at the Freeman site as well. But I don't know why you wouldn't do the PG side. It seems like that'd be a no brainer. But I know Buil did it at some point. I'm not sure where it became of it, So yeah, that would be super cool.
Speaker 1: I do so much squatchy tourism, Like when we go places, I'm always like, oh, we should go see this spot, you know, like when we went to San Diego, I found the Zubie's House, or at least where it used to stand, And so yeah, if I had had that stuff at the time, it would have been cool to just take those three sixty photos of every one of them and then upload them and tag them as sasquatch sites, so other squatches playing around on Google Earth could see those things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty sure. I'm almost certainly going to go back to Bluff Creek this coming year. So we'll see, because I've got some stuff to do with the museum down there. My museum and the Willow Creek Museum kind of putting our heads together for some stuff. There's some historical tidbits I need to follow up on a few loose ends on the High Palm stuff down there. And while I'm down there, I'll probably just sip out to the PG side if I can.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one of those three D cameras well.
Speaker 2: I've got the light art thing on my phone.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's all you need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you have anything about like I can't speak for Droid or anything like that, but if I have an iPhone, if you have anything from a iPhone thirteen Pro or higher, there's three D scanning apps that work great. I happen to use a thing called scan Averse. So whenever I find a track or whatever, now, I take photographs with the camera and then I take a three D scan and then if it's suitable, then I cast it too. So I try to triple and document it anything I can. And scans are nice because they have the GPS coordinates associated with it. I took all that information. I took all that location stuff off my pictures. You know. I don't want to share my phishing spots, so to speak. So but the scan stuff that has the GPS coordinates on it, which helps my documentation on the back end a little bit.
Speaker 1: And here is the last written submission for this episode. Just in time for the holidays.
Speaker 2: Okay, this one's from George ETO, Happy holidays. This is a Christmas themed question. Do you guys know of any accounts of sasquatches getting attracted by Christmas decorations or Christmas lights?
Speaker 5: It's how they have hoted. But I've never heard of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard of it.
Speaker 1: I can't think of a specific one, but lights in general for sure. So I don't know why it wouldn't work, you know, to have some kind of interesting array of Christmas lights outside or something like that, you know, blinking lights that are maybe not brightly flashing or rapidly flashing, but something a little bit more like passitive that would evoke some curiosity. I think that would that would work given all the times that they peaked in windows or parked vehicles with dim lights inside.
Speaker 6: Things of that nature.
Speaker 2: Might scare them, you know, but like houses all lit up or something might just look at it from five hundred yards away.
Speaker 5: Ik they'd be interested. Though, Like those big lawn decorations, you're like a snowman and reindeer and you feel but those really you know, elaborate decorations, like I can see that bringing them in. You know, maybe it'd.
Speaker 1: Be amazing to look at your window and see a sasquatch tackle a light up reindeer in your break its neck.
Speaker 5: W did someone say someone saw them? Oh, someone saw one staring at one of those you know those things outside of car dealerships. Is like a big sock that it has like a face on it at the top of like two arms, that blows all crazy like like half falls down and shoots back up. Like someone saw one of those looking at one. I think it was New Mexico at a car at a car place or something that was like on the edge of like nothing, like it was just on the edge of like going out into the bush and the thing was there on the edge right on the edge of you know, civilization, looking out there, and it was staring at this thing, just watching it like with its eyes all big.
Speaker 1: Speaking of New Mexico, I was thinking about Irving again the other day. I wonder if he's been back out there since we had him on that, the gentleman that had one of the best looks at a sasquatch his face. Yeah, have you either, you guys heard from him lately?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Well, he is a listener and he's also a member so Irving even though this is not a members episode, I'm assuming he listens to these two. So Irving give us an update if you're out there, please, all right.
Speaker 2: So, I actually I have a question that's kind of unrelated all this stuff that I was thinking about, and I don't think we've talked about this in the podcast. You've seen all those those videos online where they put a cucumber by a cat and it scares the crap out of them. Yes, would that work to get cougars away from you?
Speaker 5: That's why I walked the trails of the cucumber hang out in the back of my head.
Speaker 6: It probably would.
Speaker 1: You'd probably have to find like a proportionate size equivalent but you know, they many mammals, including us. You know, it's debated whether it's innate in humans, but I would argue that it's innate in all primates, and if it's not innate in humans, it can ease be trained. But most mammals have an innate fear of snakes because snakes caused a huge amount of selection pressure on Amelia in general. So it wouldn't surprise me if something like proportionately large and snakelike would scare. They have a living hell out of a cougar.
Speaker 5: That's hilarious when they show like a like a piece of hose or something, it's like a snake shape and like a rangutans or chimps or gorillas just freaking out on it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's great videos of chimps freaking out over rubber snakes or even dead snakes, and oftentimes chimps that have been raised in captivity. So these are individuals who have never seen a snake in the wild, and they have these super intense responses, which just shows you that it's innate. You know, it's it's hardwired. It's a baked in response, and so that's what cats are generally responding to is that quick visual identification of a serpent, like you know, reptile.
Speaker 6: Like thing adjacent to them.
Speaker 1: But those are pretty funny videos, so yeah, I bet you could. You probably need a big one, though, like six eight foot rubber snake and just throw that at a cougar and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe if I just threw a regular cucumber at it, it would just confuse it. Like, what's that?
Speaker 5: Every time I go to Boring, Oregon, there's this guy that those cucumbers at snakes or mountain lions.
Speaker 1: You just need like a bandoleero full of cucumbers, like rounds or grenades or whatever, just to have a belt with cucumbers all over.
Speaker 2: What's that for cougars? And in case I get hungry snacks? Did you ever see either of you while you're at my home? Did you ever see the hoodie that Melissa made with the latex face on the back of the hoodie?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she because we live in the woods and she's not, you know, used to living in the woods. I mean she is now, of course, but it's scary for her. You know, mountain lions are much more real for her than they are for me, even though I've seen them the property. Either there's something else. For Melissa, she's much more afraid of them, and so in order to go for walks on the property, even with Sochi, she she took latex and used her makeup and special effects skills and made a face on the back of a hoodie. So when she would go for walks, she would, let you know, let her phone play some podcasts because she also heard that the sound of human voices scare away cats, and she would put this hoodie up so it looked like there were eyes on the back of her head.
Speaker 5: She should have saw a second head on her She should just saw a whole a whole second head that sits on our shoulder looking backwards.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sure, the two headed thing. Or in fact, in fact, why I stop there? Why not just sew a couple extra arms and some legs on there, and then like the cougars go, what the hell is that? Like, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Somebody's getting a chain mail hoodie for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't want sharks to bite you on the property either, So good idea exactly?
Speaker 1: That protect you from everything I know, including people thinking you were.
Speaker 2: Saying, Yeah, AnyWho, there you go, another Q and a done.
Speaker 1: Yep, we got a bevy of questions from our beloved members BFFs Honorary Pigeons.
Speaker 2: We should go do that. Then, well, before we go, there's a couple mentions that we should probably put in there because squatch Fest is coming up. I know Matt Pruitt's going to speak there. I'm going to speak there, Bubbo, you're still thinking about maybe coming up?
Speaker 5: Maybe I've been going over to the Vulcan Pipe Pro over well, I guess it's not the Volcan anymore, but it's the pipe Pro contest in Hawaii. I got a free trip offered to me to go over there.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, do that or go to a Bigfoot conference. I would choose Hawaii, probably.
Speaker 1: Hawaii or Kelso, Washington. And you're struggling with this in January.
Speaker 5: It's just a long way. It's a long trip for just a couple of days.
Speaker 2: Sure is Sure is either one of those places?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 2: But yeah, well, anyway, Squatchfest is coming up. It's like the twenty fourth and fifth I think of January. Matt and I will be there. A bunch of other good folks are going to be there as well. Maybe you should be there as well. Maybe you should be one of those good folks there as well. And in addition to that, I started something this past week a little bit more in earnest. You know, everybody hears me talk about the museum membership and the videos that we make of our field research and all that sort of stuff. Well, if I finally got all the kinks worked out of the YouTube page, and I'm starting to upload individual videos that were initially published sometimes years ago for our members, because we've been doing these videos since I think twenty twenty, so about once a month or so, I'm putting old ones up on the public YouTube page, and you can see our videos and all their glory, and of course that the credits at the end. You know, if you're a member at a certain level, you get your names in the credits if you are. This happened this past week, which is why I mentioned specifically, if you are a member and you are contributing at that level to the museum and you don't see your name in the credits on the YouTube page, just remember that those are old. They could be years old, and so you probably just weren't a member at that time. Don't let that upset you. Don't let that uh you know, gets you all bent out of shape or anything like that. Those are old old videos. If you want the new stuff, that's what memberships for, you know. Like the video that I put out or that Nico put out on Saturday. We filmed that a week and a half ago, so that's brand spinking new. Like that was literally four days old the footage before Nico piece it together and published it. So if you want that stuff, be a member. But if you don't care, just go look at the old videos. Maybe maybe you would enjoy them.
Speaker 5: So that's it.
Speaker 2: So North American Bigfoot Center YouTube page I think is something worthy of putting your eyes on.
Speaker 6: Or click the link in the show notes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, or do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the best. It's the best big footschell. I mean, I like, I like Todds, you know Sasquatch Archives.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is different though his is like historical awesome stuff. It's yeah. Ours is mostly field work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yours is great. Here's are the best field to work.
Speaker 2: I like it, you know what. I try to make the videos that I wish somebody else was making.
Speaker 6: They're my favorites.
Speaker 1: I do think it's the best video content out there, so definitely click that link in the show notes.
Speaker 2: Well there you go, guys.
Speaker 5: All right, well cool, Thanks folks for tuning in. Hope you're all having a happy New Year and you know what to do out there, keep it squatchy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond
Speaker 4: Y