Speaker 1: Join right now by a man that certainly impressed everybody by what he did in the World Series as a rookie, and he is starting all over again in spring training like everybody else. Ben's Caspirius. Thanks a lot for the time, and man, you are in demand this spring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, David, thanks for having me. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: When you look back on your contribution to the Dodgers winning the World Series last year, have you been able to take it in.
Speaker 2: I think at this point yeah, especially being back with all of the guys, but it's still kind of a whirlwind for me, and at times it doesn't feel real. But I think just getting back to our routine here, you know, facing guys for the first time yesterday, being able to kind of turn the page and you know, focus towards this season, and obviously our up humming games on Thursday and Friday has been huge.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure fans realized this, but last year at this time Ben Caspiraus wasn't even in Big League camp, and then in October you're starting a World Series game that doesn't happen to a lot of guys, if anybody, Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, again, like I think it starts from the ground up with our organization, you know, being process oriented, you know, taking things day by day, being present with what we're doing on and off the fields. You know, I got an opportunity last year. Was super grateful for that and to you know, be able to experience what we did with this team and this group of guys and veterans, and I don't think I could have asked for much more.
Speaker 1: First time in Big league camp it can be a little intimidating. But for you, after doing what you did and to help the team win, what's the feeling for you being in here for the first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think it's I mean, obviously the vibes are great right now, coming off a championship, getting back with our entire staff, getting the hitters back after we had the week of pitchers and catchers. I just think the biggest thing is just be yourself, be vocal, you know, talk up to the coaches when you need to have, you know, in depth conversations about kind of what's going on, what you're working on, stuff like that, and just obviously pick the brains of guys who have you done it for ten plus years. And at the end of the day, I think we are the organization. We are based on the people, and there's not one guy in here that you can't walk up to at anytime and kind of, you know, chat with, hear what they've got going on, what they're working on, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Benkuspirius is our guest in front of first pitch of the Cactus League opener between the Dodgers and Cubs. I know you've turned the page and you're focused on trying to win a spot on this roster, But when you look back to last year in the World Series, how much did you celebrate this offseason? I know your family was really proud of you. When you look back at that moment in time, how do you reflect and use it for confidence?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think again, like I said, getting those opportunities in the postseason towards the end of the year, in a pennant race like that, and then obviously just the uncertainty with the role that I was in, I think that might be the hardest it'll ever be in terms of staying on a routine, being able to you know, be ready for different roles, and just being able to kind of take it all in this offseason and really enjoy my family, my friends, kind of reflecting on everything that you know, we accomplished as a team and kind of where I started out in you know, January compared to you know, end of October, So it was it was awesome. I'm just excited to kind of keep the ball rolling into the year.
Speaker 1: The great ones always say it's not where you end, but it's the journey. How much did you enjoy the journey?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: I mean there was plenty of ups and downs. I've had, you know, a stretch of two months that didn't go well, a stretch of two months that went great, And it was kind of just figuring out that, you know, consistency throughout the year in my routine, you know, game planning with the coaches. But at the end of the day, looking back, it was it's a cool journey, and you know, I think that's what that's a big part of what makes guys big leaguers is kind of figuring out what they need every day on a day to day basis and what to give attention to and kind of what they know they're good at.
Speaker 1: And the strength of New Jersey behind you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, exactly, Actually, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time, Ben congratulations on being a world champion and the future is only bright for you because of who you are.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.