Speaker 1: Welcome to the two seventeen Recovery Broadcast. If you don't make mistakes, you won't learn.
Speaker 2: With your host Corey Winfield, you know how you know fish is bad if you can't put it on pizza.
Speaker 1: It's a special guest Mitchell Obra, I.
Speaker 3: Really hate to do listen to you guys, but I really have to go to the app where held Dad?
Speaker 1: I just like, can't hold it anymore? Got your ass? And Corey Smoker, Hey, I like the big Monsters.
Speaker 2: It is the twenty first of February twenty twenty five, or half assed in it today? Should I have made an intro with Corey's name is absolutely problem.
Speaker 1: Well I'm getting really good excuses imprompt too.
Speaker 2: And well what happened was my son is coming back from daycare and my wife Marnie had to go get them, and so we have very little time to do this podcast today. We got phones ringing now, I mean, people are just not respecting our time. So didn't really have time to throw it all together to make the intro with Corey's name.
Speaker 1: And I apologize for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't feel really bad about it. I just you know, sorry, just to the people who didn't it's fun Friday. They'll forgive us didn't get that full open correctly. But yeah, so how you doing, Mitch? You wanted to talk poop today, Well.
Speaker 1: We talked about it the other day with a gentleman who's out here right now about poop stories. Obviously we should podcast this because we were sharing different because I'm the resident senior correspondent for poop emergencies.
Speaker 2: Yes, and if you haven't seen Mitch's video based on a true story, yeah, based on a true story two seventeen Recovery dot com. You might have to go to videos and then click more, load more whatever it says, and then scroll down to see the bear mask and it's called bear you.
Speaker 1: Get on the YouTube two seventeen Recovery doc or two seventeen Recovery Confused right now, Mitch YouTube, I'm going to where the YouTube at two seventeen recovery dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I screwed that part up. I know that be so confused.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you go to the two seventeen recovery YouTube, it's pretty easy to find. It's the only one with the bear. Yeah, and that's I think I think it's at two seventeen Recovery or something. I don't.
Speaker 2: I think we have enough people that like us, we get our own handle or whatever it's called.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, Yeah, I didn't know that was the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think YouTube dot com at two seventeen recovery is what you Yeah.
Speaker 3: I still just search it.
Speaker 2: One day, I'm going to get this figured out and we'll tell you exactly where to go. But yeah, what it is on our website anyway? Yeah, Mitch, it was based on True Story and then it turned into a Colone commercial. But it's it's it's good and that did happen. So Mitch has been talking about this atm story.
Speaker 1: Well, we had.
Speaker 2: Another person industry and I'm using air quotes here. The industry of sex was something else? What Yeah you've never heard that? No, wow, you never heard the have you Cory Smokers? Now I was back in joining us. Have you heard the adult term or if you're familiar with the adult industry or the industry is what I said, right, Yeah, they have a different name for atm oh okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Adult industry. But I don't know what that word is. I mean I think I have idea what adults.
Speaker 1: Not? Okay, we can try to maybe this isn't that kind of story.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they assume all black people are from African America.
Speaker 3: Okay, I could have just said.
Speaker 2: We've ever to find that button too, but no. But because Mitch was talking about because we're talking poop stories, Mitch really wanted to talk about poop stories with her.
Speaker 1: Husband, and we were going back and forth, and I was like, I have the poop story to end all poop stories, and I just can't believe that it hasn't come.
Speaker 2: Up and conversate and then he says to me about ATM, and I'm like, hmm.
Speaker 1: It's not an adult industry. Okay.
Speaker 2: I was like, because you were like you were like so excited to tell it, I'm like, no way, we'll do on the.
Speaker 5: Podcast like ATM where you go get.
Speaker 1: Money it was one of those, or ATM as you go get booty to lips.
Speaker 4: Sometimes they assume all black people are from African America.
Speaker 2: I really wanted her to say it, Mitchell. She was thinking Will's returning. Did you know what that meant? No? Wise, anyway, all right, so covert. So the money ATM is what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ATM Machine Automatic.
Speaker 5: You drive up with your car, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Braille yeah, the story was told about your husband Corey and grabbing bumpers. I've never had to do that. Knock on wood. Mitch immediately knew what grabbing bumper meant, and he was like, oh god, yeah. He started telling a story when he went to his family's Thanksgiving or Christmas or twenty yeah, some holiday gathering. As he's holding the sweet potatoes in one hand and the bumper and the other just letting.
Speaker 1: It rips right by his don't look behind his aunt's vehicle, not even his own Honda.
Speaker 5: Do you know what's funny to me?
Speaker 4: I just put this all togethers So Jesse was sick with COVID bumper grabbing, and you're in the COVID twenty twenty bumper grabbed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I didn't have COVID at the time. Just bumper Buddies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys should get his shirts and sell of them. We could wait for that bumper Body Bumper Buddies podcast to come.
Speaker 3: Out in the last three months. It'll be great and just pictures.
Speaker 2: Of people shitting all across the United States in America's gonna be did.
Speaker 1: To us both ways, like holding a bumper squat it down, but from the side, so you can't actually see anything explicit, kind of like Jackass doing slow mo.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should get you guys the little hitch that hooks into the back of your truck and you can the toilet.
Speaker 3: There was a comment about that Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, yeah, well then don't say you guys like you're done out Jesse and Midge. That's that's what she meant. Yeah, I want you to throw me in that. I want people thinking that I'm grabbing bumbers. I walked. It's the easiest way if you're in a pinch. There was no pinching that could happen at that point, Like, man.
Speaker 5: I still am.
Speaker 4: I'm left stuck at the part where you're like I could not move any muscle.
Speaker 1: Anybody has been there, they know exactly what I'm talking about. I was the pinching, Like I said, the clenching was happening the whole way to Thanksgiving, which was.
Speaker 3: About it sounded like that.
Speaker 1: And they got out of the car and my kid with me, ten, stood up, and that was when my body was like, Nope, this is happening now.
Speaker 3: And the hoover dam was not holding this back.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and this is this happened during the ATM story where you just get to a point where you cannot take another step without excreting.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, and it happens.
Speaker 1: See, this is what we need to talk to a logan about. Oh yeah, like where where did it really start going wrong? Wasn't your dad's drinking or your dad's pooping? So him and I had this conversation yesterday over text message. He's trying to get out of school because he had a tummy ache. Oh yeah, yeah, And I was like, I was like, buddy, I've had these guts for thirty eight years. You're gonna have to run to the bathroom and deal with it. You'll be fine, It'll be fine. Go poop a couple times, you'll be fine. An hour and a half later, after arguing with him, he goes, by the way, you're right, Yeah, I feel a lot better, Like, yeah, I know, but dealing this, dealing with this for a long time, runs in the family, runs in the jeans, as they say, not in the.
Speaker 2: Jeans, jeans, And obviously Anti's car behind it. All right, So you're gonna te us about the ATM story then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this is a pre sober Mitchell. This is pre child Mitchell. Actually I was with his mother. We were dating.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is a great story, and there's.
Speaker 1: A restaurant in Interlocking we decided to walk to because I was living out there at the time. I think we're getting ready to look for an apartment, is what it was. Sort of staying with my family for a short period of time while we were doing like apartment applications. So we're like, hey, let's go to this. We'll walk down to this restaurant. It'll be nice evening, it'd be great. So go down there, and it's one of the nicer ones in the area. And they have like a little bar area, but they have really good food and all sorts of you can get lobster tail at a bar, pizza if you want to, a burger or a steak, like you all sorts of stuff. I don't think i'd in this place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't want to New York.
Speaker 1: They're not a sponsor, so don't want to talk. I don't remember their name. It's like there's outside seating, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which there's a couple of them like that.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I've been at one of them. It was all right. Yeah, And so we go down there I order a pizza, she orders whatever, chicken sandwich or some stuff, and it comes time to you know, I have a couple of beers. You know, back in that time of our life, we didn't get hammered or anything. I had to walk home, so too crazy. Yeah, I wanted to be able to get there. So it's probably about two miles from my house. Two and a half. I don't know right around there. It's not that far, but I don't know if I'm not trying to walk it. Yeah, after a couple of hours in the pizza, like, I don't walk too far.
Speaker 3: This is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're walking back. It was nice. It was a nice evening and everything had great food, good time. Feeling good walking back and if anybody is familiar with the interlocked area, there's Tom's Food marketing on one side and gas station other side of the road. There's like a used to be a different grocery store called Ricks. There's a couple of little stores in there. There's a Mexican restaurant now weed shop, but in that that parking lot. On the other side, there's a bank ah right up by the road. And we get about halfway from the restaurant to the bank where this ATM machine is, drive up ATM machine, and that's when the happens in the insides, and I'm like, oh, okay, so we're gonna walk a little faster. Now you're looking around not yet. No, I'm just like, okay, I can feel this where there's the warning that was a good pizza, is what I'm telling myself, the real good pizza. Get closer and closer. Yep. It's like we get to that big parking lot with the bank, which is like the closest part to you know, walking from that way, and I'm like, like we were just talking about you just can't you have to stop walking and clench because otherwise it just has a mind of its own. Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I probably made that sound many times.
Speaker 2: So your date, yes I dated for a while. You're going to move into a place together.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we find out sometime soon that we're having my fifteen year old son. He wasn't fifteen when he was born. That's now the mother, the mother of your child even yeah, the future soon to be future.
Speaker 2: So she's with you, and is she concerned, like, hey, man, she feeling okay, or she's hearing these noises too, or you just like, I don't give.
Speaker 1: A f I think she's laughing at me because she thinks it's hilarious and it is. I've dealt with bubble guts my entire life, like just just something that comes with my family.
Speaker 3: Everybody has this issue.
Speaker 1: So we're doing the walk stop and it's like you sin theirny hold everything, and then all of a sudden they kind of like openside you and you're like, okay, I get a couple more steps in. You're like going, and I'm like I'm like thinking, like okay, this gas station is a bathroom and it's right there, but when this is happening right there is way over, like it's it's not just right there, you know, it's in it's in eyesight, not close enough. You're not gonna make it so my this you know it's in the evening now, you know, sunset time, beautiful sunset happening.
Speaker 2: It's in exact time happening, and it's in June since they hear is like ten pm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was I remember what I think it was spring. That's why we decided to walk. So we're like, hey, it's kind of warm today, like you know whatever, but yeah, so doing the stop and go like can't walk no more? Oh okay, And I'm like, okay, Rick's Guests or grocery store doesn't exist anymore. Rest in peace, it's a bookstore. Now. I don't think you can use that restroom anymore. It's completely gone because of this incident. Probably the ATM machine is still there. I use it regularly. That machine has a restroom in uh no that day. It was purposed for that. So, oh, I'm getting to where now we're walking not on the side of the road. We're walking through the parking lot, straight towards where I think the closest bathroom is. But I we're like walking adjacent to this bank. It's ATM machine is like fifteen feet to my left, and my body just goes this is how far you get to go? Like, you don't go further. This is the end of the road for this bowel movement. Like, you don't move it any further, You're done. Yeah, literally, And so I look around, I'm like, what is the most cover I can find in this very exposed area in the middle of a parking lot, And there are these cement posts. Yeah, there's like these four cement posts around this ATM machine that's not connected to the building. Like that's all I got, Like there's nothing else. It's either right in the middle.
Speaker 2: The song give Me Shelter from the Stones that's playing in my mind right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I don't know how, but it was like one leap over and just drop trow And I don't even want to describe it for you. Just you heard that Purple Rain song. This is chocolate Rain is rain. So the X is she laughing her fucking hand's not like doing cover for you? No, No, she is dying, laughing just like like can't breathe. Yeah, we don't have we have. I have my like shorts in my shirt and my wallet on me like that's that's it. Like I don't even think she brought her purse because I was paying for everything, Like we have nothing other than the food there wanting out of my body up. So that's the later in the story. So in the process, I literally ship on the ATM, Like literally on the ATM. I didn't try. I did my best. There's no Trumps. There's money, you're saying, there's no This was way before Trump was even Trump President of twenty twenty, wasn't he Or is that the year he left office? No, that was that was Thanksgiving. This is before my son was born.
Speaker 3: So this is.
Speaker 1: Sixteen years ago. Yeah, okay, yeah, sixteen years ago. Wow. So it was something like that. Who it was Bush. But there was no bushes, money, there was no bumpers to grab like there was there was nothing.
Speaker 3: There were the posts. There's an ATM machine that when there and.
Speaker 1: Just relieved as much pressure as I could so I could then walk. But what do you clean up with There's there's nothing, And I'm like, so I'm gonna have to get to a bathroom to clean up? Do I do that? Do I do? I? Use? Like all this is running through my head. Well my everything is running out of my ass. So it's happening all at the same time. That's a tough one.
Speaker 2: That's why you keep toilet paper in your car now and don't walk the places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as much as possible, or just make sure I know where the cover is at all times, like some like combat vets do that. They just need to know where there's always cover just in case something happens. People to the wall. I just need to know the same way. But he just looks for a restroom. If there's no other option, Can I jump behind that bookcase and okay, there's paper around so I can at least clean up enough to Yeah. So that's you know, it's constantly going through my head now for the last sixteen years because this traumatic event. Damn. Yeah. So that happens and I finished enough to be able to move again, because you get to remember, I was immobilized by this bowel movement supposedly. Yeah, people are gonna listen, They're gonna know other people have done this. I mean, yeah, just your husband said, He's like, no, I get it. He's like, you get that where you get to the point where you literally can't move. All you can do is stand there. If you don't want it to come out, all you can do is stand there and pray. And he looked down at you, like you did this to yourself man to pizza boy exactly. You thought you'd like ice cream, but I just now made you lack toast in tolerant. So no shame, Like the shame's already came and gone. It doesn't really even matter, Like it's just where it's She's laughing, and I'm like all right, dripping on your leg, Yeah, pretty much, you know, pull up your I'm like, okay, these these underwear never gonna be the same again. I'm gonna toss it whatever, So, you know, make my way across the parking lot, go into the grocery store. I'm sure everybody knew, like it was whatever, and they're probably like, yeah, and I just gotta do that bathroom and I got another mile to walk home, and so just through those shorts. I needed the shorts to get home at least, so underwear in the just done. Rah that poor because you know, like the new kid that's working there is who does the trash at night. I'm thinking about all of this as I'm doing it. But I'm like, do I walk out with literal ship dripping underwear?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, the whole trash out with you. You guys got a spot for this needs to go? Like that'd have been a nice thing to do.
Speaker 1: It probably would have, but I was just like, all right, put those in there, wipe up as much as I can. You're not getting it all out until the shower happens at home, so just try and inconspicuously leave because that bathroom is just on the other side of the building. Like you have to walk to the one end of the building from where I was and then go in and it's back on the other side of the building. So and everybody's just looking at you. They know, people have noses like it happens. You know, it's whatever.
Speaker 2: I bet that you felt so good when you got home and in the shower, out of the shower and you're like laying their normal clothes and like your stomach's come down a bit. You felt like this is great, Like I was in shit storm earlier. Ye now, like I'm relaxed and this is great that happens.
Speaker 1: It's a relief. It's like I can't believe that happened to me. It's just moving on with my life now, you know. So I wonder like during the Bible days, what did they do? The story's not over yet. Oh oh yeah, sorry, you have to fast forward an entire day. Okay, this is a Friday night. This happened. He got you on video. So we were staying with my parents while we were trying to get an apartment. Dad comes home from work. He works in interlocking happens to do all of their business banking at that bank. He said he was dropping off their deposit that morning, and the bank teller lady goes, You're never gonna believe what happened. He's like, what because I tried to tell nobody, like she knew. I don't think there's anybody home, got in and cleaned it up, done like whatever. And so he's telling everybody at the house. So the bank lady's like, you're never gonna believe what happened. Someone shit all over the ATM.
Speaker 3: He's like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: When last night?
Speaker 3: We came in today and there was.
Speaker 1: This ship all over the ATM obviously, and I was like, oh my god, there was remember are you guys like before the bear video was like, oh the police came back or whatever they called the police, and that was like a thing. So that's why I like, when you guys try to scare me out, you get to be better than that. I'm not missed already. Yeah, So, I mean, I don't think there was a video, But because do you want to go and turn yourself in. No, I think there's statute of limitations that was almost sixteen years ago. You can still let him close the case.
Speaker 2: If there's a detective out there, like he keeps getting this ship file, like keep having to look into it.
Speaker 1: He has an alcohol problem now because you couldn't figure it out. There's like ship accidents everywhere. They called this guy in because the sixteen years ago. He's got to tie it all together. And that's what's really screwing him over at night course, it's a disc golf course in Traverse City was very similar to this one.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like like a map of the area and he's got got little.
Speaker 1: Pins in it, push pins. Because that's the best part is that incident is about a ten minute drive or less from this incident.
Speaker 2: I think he moved up to toilet paper. He's using toilet paper now there was a dog. He's just changing his tactics.
Speaker 6: So yeah, and Jesse always says, he goes, I don't know, but this is what happens when them situations come.
Speaker 5: He's like, no, it's not just like a little poop.
Speaker 4: No, He's like, it's like everything is coming out twenty years.
Speaker 1: Twenty years ago and up to like five what you ate five minutes ago. Somehow it makes it from your mouth to your ass. It's like it's magic. It's there and all of it wants out right now. Now it has to go.
Speaker 7: So oh some of our incidents, well but Jesse have been like in the car right, so all of a sudden, easily along until we're getting home.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and then you sitting on one.
Speaker 5: But cheek and he's like, you gotta drive faster. Have the police follow you into the driveway.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And one time this happened to my kid in the exact same spot as the ATM incident of two thousand and nine, like to murder off and I'm driving through interlock and speed limit forty five and he's like, I'm going to pull my past, and I'm like, I got you, bro, I know, I know what's happening. And so we're doing eighty miles an hour on those forty five like we go, we're Goway and we get there. He made it because because I know I have the sympathy. When he says I'm gonna ship my pants, I'm like, you have my guts, I get it. We're gonna do what it takes. I was like, And if the cops are behind us when we're pulling in that parking or in the driveway, go I will deal with them. So that's happened since I think he was like seven or eight years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you guys watched the show on Max called The Bad Monkey.
Speaker 3: Oh, I haven't actually seen it yet.
Speaker 2: There's a scene with Vince Vaughn and the other guy I can't remember his name. He's in some other stuff Blackbirds, I don't remember. But yeah, anyway, there's a very similar scene where he's like, oh, no, I'm gonna ship my pants and I was like, no, holdly, He's like no, I'm past that level.
Speaker 3: He's like I'm shitting right now.
Speaker 2: Or something like that. Yeah, yep, And I couldn't understand it. And the guy's like no, no, like it's it's too late for that.
Speaker 1: And so this has been a problem in my life for a very long time, and it's something that I had to intentionally kind of start to figure out a diet around as a sober adult. And it's only really started to come into control ish within like the last year. Now I am turning thirty eight very soon, so I wait to your forties buddy. Oh, I just.
Speaker 5: That's where it's all went downhill for Jesse.
Speaker 4: But also we I mean backlog to his story is that every log.
Speaker 1: Or back back.
Speaker 4: So some information on Jesse's defense is that he has had problems ever since.
Speaker 5: He was put on a very large number of a diuretic.
Speaker 1: So the direct ever made me ship.
Speaker 5: Oh but he was on five thousand milligrams.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't even know, because I've been done diuretics before.
Speaker 1: It never excuses.
Speaker 3: But I don't know what miller I can't remember.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I think you guys have soft butthole clinchers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's possible. I feel like mine could. Like I think some stuff though, because it's been worked out so much. Whoa like?
Speaker 8: Like hell, they call what they called the they call it anal, call it the king, they call it something cutter.
Speaker 1: What what is that? I've never heard of the cutter muscle turn cutter, turn cutter. Yeah, there you go, that's your turn cutter has been worked out somewhere. I felt like it was like stronger than most. And yeah, I don't think you guys are weak.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I guess when I get the first bubble, I'm to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't. I don't play no anymore. Yeah no, I think I think it's a disability. Oh yeah, I think we should have like that added to the list of disabilities. Yeah, I have a whole list of what do we call it though, bird cutter, weak fisher, deficient turn cutter.
Speaker 5: Where is it? Like that muscle is just broke after so allowed to.
Speaker 2: Take what if you want to ask for surgery on it? Like, hey, I need to tighten this up because I just can't hold these in. Did you see the.
Speaker 1: Mad shitter story from twenty twenty, Yeah, that was me, the Thanksgiving shit incident of twenty twenty and the ATM of the Great ATM. You see the detective Murdo's report, That was me, Oh yeah, so this is Yeah.
Speaker 5: Let's met your fellow bumper grabber.
Speaker 1: I know, I hadn't heard of bumper grabbing before and when he because he said that, and I was like, dude, yes, Thanksgiving twenty twenty, and that's not the only time, because bumpers are easy to grab and you know, because you put you in the prime squatting position, the movement that people on the podcast didn't understand. But he put his hands out in front of him like he's grabbing a bumper and then he like didn't like, like you're bending because of what you need to do. This is how it works. If you just stand there and poop, you're going to get the liquid stuff because it's what we're talking about here on your pants, your underwear and or your shoes. So you have to get as much horizontal space that you can from your feet to where your butthole is. Okay, yeah, kind of like you're you're simulating a toilet that's not really there to put it in your your mind, your your body, and but you know you have gravity, so you have to hold on to something and that's where the bumpers come in because they're just they're perfect height, they're perfect strength. Get a whole car in front of you, shelter hopefully it's Thanksgiving and there's snow.
Speaker 2: Now you can do your normal routine in these emergency situations. Or is it just like whipped down as far as you can get them, Like you're not like taking all your pants off or your shorts for that one at the ATM incident, Like you didn't take your shorts completely off.
Speaker 1: No. But one of the emergencies I've had since the bear incident, the original like what the bears, the disc golf incident.
Speaker 3: With the same person. I had another incident later.
Speaker 1: On, and that one was there was deep woods very close to the road, and I was like, guys, we're just not making it home, So pulling over and I literally ran into the woods to where I couldn't see anybody, but we weren't at can't move anymore. Time we were at I could run into the woods time, but I knew it was coming, Like does it happen enough times? Like you know, like the what was that the minutes to midnight time tick? Yeah? That the ticker? Anyway, that time, it all just came off and then you're kind of free. You can kind of like star out, spread your legs and just kind of bend over a little bit. That a wolf.
Speaker 3: Branches breaking the smoker's dog.
Speaker 2: So the X that you were with, would you say that you guys didn't make it because you got tired of your ship?
Speaker 1: She was pretty shitty. It's not you were shitty. Yeah, no, I don't think that's why. But because we still like we had an entire child after.
Speaker 2: That, I know many more ships were taken a lot, a lot. He's probably like like a documentary about you one day. She's gonna be on there, like, yeah, I really love Mitch Budd just shit everywhere, Like I mean in the woods, at the ATM it's a disco haf I mean baseball park, you name it, madshit in it.
Speaker 1: That'd be so funny. She said that, like I loved him. I like, I appreciate you bringing up baseball parks because that is a really good problem solving skill to have when you have this problem, because there have been many times where I'm like, I'm not gonna make it to the next gas station.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna make it home. I'm not gonna make it.
Speaker 1: To the next store.
Speaker 3: Oh there's a little league game going on over there.
Speaker 1: There's a portat perfect let's whip it in there. And you get so many dirty looks from the parents because you're just this dude. Nobody knows you just run from your car. This guy's newspaper with him. Yeah, roller toilet paper, little kids knocking on the door.
Speaker 2: Occupied to be a minute, get out of your little shit. Yeah, it's funny. It's kind of funny and sad. Earlier today I thought about you, Mitch. I went to our oral surgeon's place, that's the other end, and I, well, here's the thing. I walk in and I almost came back to the office to peek because we were at an event that we had to do and we were there together and we came you came back here whatever, And I just went there and I thought, man, I really need to pee before I get this stuff done.
Speaker 1: I don't whatever, I'm just go on.
Speaker 2: So I walk in and boom, I see two bathrooms. I thought, wow, okay, I'll just be here. I'm glad I didn't go back to the office. But going there and I pee, and I'm thinking, you know, these are up kept. I thought, man, I should tell mich about this, okay, because they could just walk right in the building.
Speaker 1: We say, they're not in the office in the building.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, and then you could always play it off later like oh, I was just coming to check my appointment time.
Speaker 1: I figured I would just I was in the neighborhood. I would come by instead a call man. This could this could work as an emergency place get blacklisted from or I think that would be brown listed from places where you can.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know, those oral surgeon fees aren't cheap. We paid for that toilet paper.
Speaker 1: You can't kick me out of here. I own that toilet paper, leave with it. Yeah, leave with the toilet paper doing this with me? So yeah, there was There's been just so many, so many stories, and I just feel like I had to let that one air out a little bit because I don't know. I'm what it is is, it's a challenge to the public if you have a better shit story than the ATM.
Speaker 2: Emil Mitch m ip at two seventeen recovery dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh, I need a name for the incident, like mine is the ATM disaster of two thousand and nine, and then a description of what happens. I'll keep your name out of it, but we'll read it on the podcast if you're proud want to own it, and that's fine too, which I think you should because it's your body. It's your You should be proud of the body that you live in.
Speaker 2: If you want to be on Bumper Buddies podcast, you're going to have to come up with a good one, not just letting any shit in.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, I was thinking it'd be better if it wasn't Jesse and his name started with a B, because we could be the bm Brad.
Speaker 1: And Mitchell the BMS.
Speaker 5: He's probably gonna be mortified.
Speaker 1: You talked about what you say, well, like, well Mitch's is or I mean, because I really don't know what kind of animals cleaned up after me. I can't tell you that there were stains that were there for more than a short amount of time, and probably no animals because you have dogs, Like that's dogs are dirty.
Speaker 5: That's horrible.
Speaker 1: And then's one thing I can keep thinking of. It's a wooded area, so there could have been so many things that oh, yeah, but they're not gonna, yeah, there are at least all night.
Speaker 5: They're not gonna get in your car and like breathe out your windows.
Speaker 1: We didn't talk about that part of your story. People don't know what you're talking.
Speaker 2: The funniest part of the story is, and I don't want to speak for Jesse's story, but it was an incident and then there was a dog, and there's some bumper grabbing, and then that was the person leaving, and then the dog besides he's gone, then jumps in the car with Corey Smoker and I just see this dog right next to your face from the back seat, jumping up on the the seat and just.
Speaker 5: And it's just.
Speaker 3: After eating a dog turd or a human turd.
Speaker 5: It was mortifying.
Speaker 1: Probably should have just dripped down his face, like literally.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a big old grin happy to be in the car and just can't stick their head out that window.
Speaker 5: Got us to like get up over my shoulder and the driver window and stick.
Speaker 1: I was so happy to see you. I had to see you all day.
Speaker 3: It was like, Mom, you're never gonna believe.
Speaker 1: Look what I had. Daddy gave me a treat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm just all the way to Honor, which is a little bit of a drive from there. I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 1: My ground zero is about halfway from where you started your trip to Honor.
Speaker 2: M hm, yeah, well I appreciate you guys coming on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Area dirty laundry and wrapped the ship up, and I apologize to whatever young guy who got had to take the trash out at Rick's Grocery that doesn't exist anymore, that horrible night spring of two thousand and nine, and somebody's like tuning in ago. I thought I was gonna hear some recovery talk, like what is this? That's the thing about, you know, that's how we we wrap it back up here is you know part of recovery is accepting the things that you can't change.
Speaker 2: You know where you're at now, yep, you know, and can't change the past, and that's the shit did happen. And you can laugh at it too, And that's the whole recovery part of it is you're in a good spot now and you can tell stories like this and they're funny and you're not drunk. You don't have to be high like. It's pretty cool yep. And we can laugh that sh and have fun in recovery. That's that's the moral of the story here. But we do have to wrap it up, okay, but maybe we'll have the Bumper Buddies on it again. We'll have you, actually, the bumper buddies.
Speaker 1: You all have to have him weigh in.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, to be continued, Yes, don't worry, We'll I'll let you know when's happening.
Speaker 1: But yeah.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening and listen to more episodes on our app and at two seventeen recovery dot com.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the two seventeen Recovery podcast. Listen to over nine hundred episodes on the two seventeen Recovery app that's free in your app store or online at two seventeen recovery dot com.