Speaker 1: And Hello, Hi, how are you welcome to the Big Podcast on this Friday. Today's the thirty first day of October, Happy Halloween, on the year of Our Lord, twenty twenty five. My name is Tom Sullivan.
Speaker 2: So so so.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot to go over today. We just got word as we are recording this podcast today that the government, there's been two judges with this afternoon, one federal judge in Rhode Island and another federal judge almost simultaneously in Boston, so they're both New England, have blocked the Trump administration from stopping Snap benefits footstamp benefits during the government shutdown. So this all was supposed to come to a screeching halt tonight tomorrow. Those on SNAP were not going to be able to use there wouldn't be any funds on their cards. Now I don't personally know how those cards get loaded. The foodstamps. That terminology came because when the program first started many years ago, they actually had a book of stamps, and depending upon how much the bill was at the cashier, they peeled off a number of stamps. But it led to a lot of people feeling shame, guilt, whatever, some sort of negative feeling because they everybody stand in line. That was before they had the checkout automatic checkout things, but the kiosk uh, so everybody would see that, Oh, that's the person that's on food stamps. So they changed it to a card that looks like a credit card. I don't know how they load those. I don't know. With these judges, like I said, two of them this afternoon almost simultaneously said yeah, you've got to You've got a fund that those food stamps, the SNAP benefits. Uh. And what the judge said, This one judge out of Rhode Island named Judge Jack McConnell, said that, uh. The he said the administration must use a six billion dollar contingency fund already set aside by Congress to continue using SNAP benefits. Now, these funds, the six billion dollars, are apparently at the United States Department of Agriculture USDA. Now, yesterday the Secretary of Agriculture said we can't legally use those. Well, this one judge today said, yeah, well yes you can. But here's the problem. The contingency fund has six billion dollars in it sounds like a lot of money, but the SNAP program takes almost nine billion per month, so they can't. I don't know how they do this. If they if they load them once a month, I think so, but they don't have enough to load everything. They have six billion, but they cost nine billion, so they I don't know what they're going to do, and I don't know whether the federal government is going to appeal this or not. But that is the ruling that has come out, So that brings up the other question too. These are two judges, federal judges in federal districts New England, one in Massachusetts, one in Rhode Island. You know, they were judge shopping on this because that part of the country is very, very liberal, Rhode Island and Boston, of course, so you knew they were going to get a favorable ruling on this. So now the question is who's running the country. And I thought that the Supreme Court admonished federal judges and said you can decide federal law for your district, but not for the nation. That's not your role. But both of these judges have made rulings that basically apply to the entire country, the forty two million people that are on SNAP benefits, not just the people that live in Massachusetts or the people that live in Rhode Island. So again it goes back to who is running the country. Is it the judges or is it Congress. Congress is the one who set these funds aside, put them in the executive branch, and the executive branch said it wasn't legal to use. Judges said, yes you can. But again, the problem is they have a six billion dollar fund contingency fund, and that will be completely wiped out and then some because it takes nine billion dollars to do it. So we've got that. We've also well, let's let's get into this whole thing about pick up from where we left yesterday. President had come back from his Asian trip, and it was fascinating to hear the analysis because the president, who always the way he thinks, the way he works, the way he speaks is always everything's the greatest, the best, head on and on. And that's good. I'm glad to see the man as super positive. The problem is with a lot of people that know about the relationship with China, said no, China has got a different message saying it wasn't all that great. So there's still a lot to work out. Two things about the talks with China. One of them is about Taiwan. The other one is about the President said we're going to start nuclear testing again. General Keen weighs in on both. Let's start with his reaction regarding the fact that nothing was said about Taiwan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no doubt about it. I really would have liked that to be on the agenda. Maybe it was on the agenda. I don't know who was talked about. I think if it was that any progress would have been made there, we would know about it. I really do think that China clearly matters in sustaining Russia. Not just what do oil, but that's primary, but they provide everything short of a weapon system to them to keep them moving. They are their number one supplier in keeping Putin in the war and compensating for the short falls he has in his defense industrial base. And we're going to have to deal with China when it pertains to support for Russia at some point here.
Speaker 1: So I'm curious as to why Taiwan was not on the agenda. Wasn't even discussed about the nuclear testing. This is something that was brought up by President Trump just before the meeting with President she and his delegation in South Korea.
Speaker 3: You know, I can only speculate here, but it's been known for a number of years. I mean, the three countries that are testing openly nuclear weapons in India, Pakistan, and North Korea. We have suspected for years, and I likely Trump took a briefing before he went on this trip that China and Russia have been secretly testing nuclear warheads, and likely the President has a pretty good fidelity on what that is, if that actually has been taking place, and that may have been on his mind knowing that reality. I'm only speculating as to why he wants to resume that testing, because he wants to shut them down. This isn't He doesn't want to escalate, as you well know. He wants to reduce the number of nuclear weapons we have while China is expanding it, trying to catch us and go past us. He would like to get into a deal with China, Russia in the United States sitting down around a table and let's reduce the number of nuclear weapons. Russia's increasing theirs because they've got tactical nuclear weapons now because they broke part with the IMF treaty. The Reagan established, and she is on the march with modernized nuclear weapons and his desires to go right past what Russia and the United States have. And when you're looking at the you got to look at the both of them as being adversaries of ours and combine their nuclear weapons together is the issue for the United States and dealing with this, And there's no wonder the President wants to sit down and have a discussion on bringing this all down to something that's far more reasonable.
Speaker 1: Fascinating because if Russia and China are both increasing their nuclear weapon capability and President Trump wants to reduce them, something's got to give. Here's what the President actually said about nuke testing.
Speaker 4: Things I discussed with President put in the other It wasn't just that, it was also other things. And I think the denuclearization is a very it's a big game. But Russia is willing to do it, and I think China is going to be willing to do it now.
Speaker 1: That statement by President Trump, that's from a comment that he made two months ago. So why he wants to start nuclear testing again? And the question is what kind of nuclear testing? Admiral Stravitees had this comment about it.
Speaker 5: I don't think related. You know three different things. Here, a nuclear weapon, everyone knows what that is, goes off, mushroom cloud, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, devastating. There is nuclear power, which is electricity generated by nuclear capability. That's benign generally and is part of what Putin has been talking about. Nuclear powered torpedoes, nuclear powered cruise missiles. Third thing nuclear testing, That is detonating a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 6: You're correct.
Speaker 5: The United States hasn't done that since the early nineteen nineties. Neither has Russia, neither has China. I hope we can avoid that. The only country that's done a nuclear test detonating a nuclear weapon of late is North Korea. I think it's unlikely to happen, and I think President Trump probably conflated nuclear power because Putin was talking about all of his new nuclear powered weapons. So President Trump kind of converted that to we're going to do nuclear testing to keep up with them, to show them we're strong. I'm all for showing them we're strong. I'm not for nuclear testing, and I doubt the President actually is either do we need to.
Speaker 6: Show them that we're strong or do they know that we're strong.
Speaker 5: I think a bit of both. They're certainly aware that we have the pre eminent military force in the world. Our budget is triple that of China, it's four times maybe five times that of Russia. And it's a highly blooded armed force because of twenty years in the Forever Wars, a lot of combat experience. They know all that. On the other hand, or yes, we have to continually demonstrate to our opponents that we have that capability. Hopefully you do it without nuclear testing, without actually attacking other countries. You do it in tests and exercises, working with your allies. When necessary, use actual force, like the President did against Iran.
Speaker 6: What do these tests look like?
Speaker 5: It is if you were going to do one. You could do an underground version, that's what North Korea ostensibly did. You can do it above ground, but it creates a messy radiation cloud. Obviously, you do it in remote test sites, and I think these days the propensity to go find a place where you can detonate a nuclear weapon is quite low, so I wouldn't overstress this as a realistic possibility at this point. Fortunate.
Speaker 7: How do you think the relationship between President Trump and President Putin is emerging or shifting?
Speaker 5: It is, and I think it is shifting to the detriment of President Putin. And that's because President Trump has reached out on a number of occasions, including the red carpet ride he gave him up in Alaska at the Computative Summit a few weeks ago. Really, and all that seems to look like disrespect to President Trump because Putin is not shifting his position at all. He's continuing maximalist demands in Ukraine. And I think President Trump is beginning to see that President Putin is indeed an extremely malevolent actor in the international system.
Speaker 1: Beren Sadler, who is with the Heritage Foundation former in the navyes focused on nuclear submarines. His reaction to all this nukta.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean this has been in the works for several years.
Speaker 8: The fact that the President chose to announce and to really publicly commit to this just before he met with President Chuging Pain is certainly not something to be missed for the strategic and the messaging significance of that. But you could start seeing testing, scaled underground testing in the very near future. Whether or not we're prepared as another question, but we definitely need to do this.
Speaker 5: It's long overdue.
Speaker 8: Nuclear weapons do go bad, kind of like bread, but we do need to test how the fundamentals are changing over time. You do that with digital kind of simulations, but those are only so good based on years old data. So the testing is critical to continue to have high confidence and the viability of our nuclear deterrence that we rely on.
Speaker 1: So back to the point that Russia and China are both expanding their nuclear capabilities, what do you make of that?
Speaker 8: Well, clearly the Russians and the Chinese have no intent to backing down on their decades long expansion and modernization of their nuclear weapon arsenal. The Chinese just a few years ago triple the size of their intercontinental ballistic missile arsenal, and so there's no real pressure for them to actually rein it in unless they're confronted with a strong American nuclear deterrent. And I think the President realizes that. Putin also understands the President's desire to get rid of these very dangerous weapons, and that's why he's dangled it out several times as a way to try to forestall Harsher actions against his war in Ukraine.
Speaker 1: So, while we're keeping an eye on China and Russia and trying to figure out why the president isn't being tough on China and talking about Taiwan and Russia and about the oil. But he hasn't, So we move on. There was an interesting tweet that came out from cash Pateel earlier this morning. It says the FBI stopped a potential terrorist attack in Michigan before it could unfold. Thanks to swift action and coordination with our partners, a violent plot tied to international terrorism was disrupted. This is what defending the homeland looks like. Vigilance saves lives. So what was this all about? We didn't know. All we know is that he put out this tweet and then later the FBI announced that they arrested multiple people in Michigan. I believe the number turned out to be five. So it what was this all about? What was going on? John Miller, former NYPD guy, chimes in.
Speaker 6: Well, the FBI swept out out from the Detroit Field office last night and through this morning, taking people into custody, executing search warrants, and doing subpoenas for phones, computers, and other material. This all relates to an investigation that started months ago into people who were communicating online with each other here in the United States in the Detroit area Dearborn, Michigan, Inkster, Michigan, but also talking to people overseas possibly connected to ISIS. The discussions were geared towards should they do an ISIS inspired plot here in the United States. The what that plot was, the when that plot would be, what the target would be was unclear as they discussed various options in terms of timing. But this week when a group of those men that were being monitored went to a shooting range with AK forty sevens and other weapons, fired a large number of rounds of ammunition practice tactical high speed reloads, and in the discussions it was picked up a reference to what we are told was Pumpkin Day, a possible reference to Halloween. The FBI went into the mode of do we have the correct controlling features around this group in terms of monitoring, physical surveillance, electronic surveillance, so that if a plot spun up quickly, we could stop it in time, because now intent has been established, but capability has increased by the trip to the shooting range, and the decision was made to take it down now and sort through who to charge, who to charge with what based on the evidence they've gathered over these many weeks.
Speaker 1: Which is an interesting dilemma for law enforcement because if they have a bid on a person or a group of people that are taught about doing terrorist activities, you can't arrest people for their thoughts or their social media communication per se. But you also can't wait until they actually kill somebody. So how do you go in and stop a terrorist attack before the attack takes place. There was a guy whose family called law enforcement in the Atlanta, Georgia area. This was a week or two ago, and the guy was making all kinds of claims of wanting to shoot up people in the airport. And sure enough, he shows up in front of the Atlanta Airport illegally, parks his truck at the where you drop off passengers, walks into the airport and is looking around. Now, they had the beat on this guy, and yet he didn't have any arms on him. He was just looking around or was he? Because in his illegal lee park kruk, it was loaded with high powered ammunition and guns which are legal to carry apparently in Georgia. So Juliet KM, who was also former FBI, weighs in more on this story today out of Michigan.
Speaker 9: It's typical for this administration and this FBI director. I think we were all sort of adjusting to it because he'll announce something. Sometimes he announces it not quite before it's done, and then we don't know what the details are. So when we read the FBI director saying a terrorist attack has been thwarted, that makes it sound like, you know, this was very imminent, as John says, we don't have that yet. It also is just it's it's just as it's a way that this director is that is not necessarily good for law enforcement. You don't want to get too far ahead about what the claims are. But you're also the investigation is ongoing. As John luted, this isn't Dearborn Michigan. It is the high Arab and Muslim American community and the highest in the United States. Anybody knows that community knows about Dearborn. What are those connections that those young adults and some of them not even adults yet under eighteenth had to people abroad? Who were those people and where are those people right now? If they were planning something serious? And then is the group bigger? So that's why this tactic of Patel I've been critical of before this and even will being now, And I want to just alert to one thing. There is a statement by the Dearborn Police Department about the FBI, and it seemed, at least in my reading of it, that there wasn't much connectivity between those two law enforcement. Asians you've seen this in the past, the FBI will sort of come in and sort of bypass normal protocols of Joint Terrorism task Forces law enforcement. So that just means a lot of people have to adapt because I don't think it's going to stop well.
Speaker 1: That disconnects sometimes between local law enforcement and the FBI has been around for as long as I can remember, so it's nothing new. But they were talking about basically cash. Betel is quick to send out a tweet about the fact that they're up to something. So we still don't have all the details, but there was something brewing and they jumped on it. We don't know if it was actually just some people talking big on social media or whether they were really going to go kill people. Politics twenty twenty eight. So here we are with the twenty twenty five election on Tuesday, and living in New York, I got to tell you every single act is about the mayor's race here in New York, and also, since they're in the same media market, is the governor's race in New Jersey. I'm sure for those of you in Virginia you're getting inundated with ads for your governor's race and attorney general's race and so forth. But it's what happens is after Tuesday that really kind of starts the treadmill into a higher shifting into a higher gear, because that's going to start for then the midterms. We don't let up, do we we come act you with the two twenty five twenty twenty five elections. The minute that's over, everybody's looking at the race for twenty twenty six in the midterms. The other big race I don't want to take away from is it's not a race. It's a proposition. In California, it's called Proposition fifty and what it was put on the ballot by the governor and the legislature to basically say to the people of California, we wanted to take back the power to draw the legislative congressional maps for the state of California because we're going to try and squeeze five more Democrats out of the congressional districts because Texas is attempting to squeeze five more Republicans. I saw a study of all the states that are trying to do redistricting, and it turns out to where there's about half of them are pro Democrat, about half of them are pro Republican, and the net is maybe two or three seats different if they're all successful and they're redistricting. But I got a nice email from Sharon, the public health nurse. She lives in Tennessee, and she used to live in California, and we've talked before when I was doing the radio show. But she sends me this email. It was about a week ago and with some photos, and she says California election is a subject another example of incompetency. Question mark, ballot stuffing. Question mark. I'm not sure. As I reported to you last year, our daughter, a registered Democrat, has received California ballots and election info since we moved to Tennessee five years ago, even though she has never lived here or with us, nor used this address for anything. She lives in North Carolina and she has registered in her state of residence, but she continues to get election material from California. However, our two sons, nor my husband, nor myself registered Republicans and Independents, have ever received any election material from California. I find this both interesting and concerning. Be well, Nurse Sharon. I do too, Sharon, and thank you. She sent me photos of what she got in the mail. And there it is a statewide special election November fourth, twenty twenty five, from the California Secretary of State. And there's the ballot that's got to open it up and do all that. But I mean, this is why is the registered Democrat in her family getting a ballot the Democrats, but the Republicans and the independence in her family are not. And they don't live in California and they haven't for five years, which is why people say, oh, Tom, oh Tom. But I look at this and go, this is why I don't like mail in ballots. I want you to show up and present yourself on election day. I know it's old school, but I'm thank you, Sharon. I'm glad you sent that to me. So we've got what's going to happen and after Tuesday, and oh, by the way, back to Proposition fifty in California. If this passes, it will give Gavin Newsom a big edge up in the race to be the Democrat nominee in twenty twenty eight. I know the midterms have to come next in twenty twenty six, but they're all trying to position themselves for who's going to be the nominee for the Democrat Party in twenty twenty eight. If this passes, because this was Gavin Newsom and he's trying to do whatever he can to be the guy who the Democrats look to to fight Donald Trump and do all that sort of stuff. But he's got Kamala Harris who is hinting that she wants to run. You've got a Governor Shapiro from Pennsylvania. You've got Governor Basher from Kentucky. You've got a bunch of different Democrats that are going to be circling around trying to figure out who is going to be the Democrats nominee at the next presidential election, which is is they're going to have to obviously ramp that up in about a year. But if this passes, Gavin Newsom will get a leg up. It will give him a lot of cred in the Democrat Party for look what he was able to do, what a leader, even though the state is a disaster. There's a lot of people in the country that don't know that. They think California is land of sunshine and hot tubs. But I digress. If it doesn't pass that, I think he's toast. I think he will be looked upon as just a goofball that he is, and people will go, well, that was a waste. By the way, it's costing the California taxpayers three hundred million dollars to put this this ballot measure on for the voters to vote on next Tuesday. So it's really critical for him. But people are talking about Kamala Harris too because she is out well, she's on her book tour, but she's really starting her campaign to try to make herself the candidate for the next round. Jeremy Hunt and Patrick Murphy. Jeremy is a Republican spokesman. Patrick is a former a Democrat congressman from Pennsylvania. Talking about Kamala Harrison, how she's doing out there, Let's start with Jeremy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, look, if you're like us, if you're on the right and you're looking at this, they're saying, twenty twenty eight is already shaping up to look pretty good for us. I mean, there still can get the basic answers right to questions about this bite and cover up, then it's going to be a very easy next few years. But let me let's start by Harris start by saying, when I watched this you Kamala Harris media tours, book camp, book tour that she's on, I've learned one thing and that is nothing has changed about Kamala Harris.
Speaker 10: I mean, there have been no lessons learned. There have been no serious introspection. She is still vomiting out the same word salads, defending Joe Biden and saying that, oh, I think he could have gone another four years. I mean, give it a break. The cat's out of the bag. It's no secret. We know there was a serious cover up. We know that we had an auto pen in chief for four years. And the number one question that everyone's going to ask is what was your role in this cover up? And for her to go on this book tour and not have an answer to that question and is to keep going back to the same twenty twenty four talking points that lost her that election, saying, oh, well, Biden's fine, I didn't have any issues. Look, she is off on the wrong start already.
Speaker 7: And honestly, this is I think it's political malpractice for the Democrat side at the highest level.
Speaker 10: But if you're like us and ne're in the right, it's not a bad day, all right.
Speaker 1: So he's speaking from the viewpoint of a Republican. Patrick Murphy, former Democrat congressman from Pennsylvania. What's he think about Kamalo's book to her? And how is she doing?
Speaker 10: It?
Speaker 11: Does matter? And I actually agree with a lot of the points that Derry's banking, not all, but a lot of the points. And we you know, knowledge his service and is a great West play guy. I know him and his brother are great Americans. For some reason, she has not gotten a memo that she's the first Democratic nominee for president in the last two decades, twenty years, five elections that did not win the popular vote. So what does that tell us? That tells us that that was a mandate last year not to run again. And I don't know why. Wow, it hasn't sunk in.
Speaker 2: She's definitely reading the memo differently. If she has it at all, though, Patrick, because she made it all about the current President Trump, who not only won the popular vote but all the battleground states too. She made it about him. Does that help your party?
Speaker 11: I don't think it does. I really don't think it.
Speaker 3: Does, to be honest with yet.
Speaker 11: And you know, like Jeremy and I were both army officers, right, both certainly combat and we have this. We have seven army values. One is loyalty, one is honor. We have a say in the army though, loyalty above all else except honor. Oh, it's pretty simple to say, hey, we made mistakes staying this and this and this, but you have to have that self reflection and I'm honest, accountability in your heart. And people articulate that and we're not seeing it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Kamala Harris is still going around defending the fact that everything was fine with Joe Biden. He looked just as sharp as can be. There was no cognitive problems, none whatsoever. She's not the only one, you know, who else is really saying the same thing. Gavin Newsom the other day I'm paraphrasing, but he said, I'll go to my grave defending the fact that Joe Biden was perfectly fine, and I I think that's gonna hurt him. I think it does hurt Kamala Harris because all of the saw Joe Biden stumbling around and couldn't figure out how to get off the stage or get on the stage, or where to go or what to do, and he had to read cards that were given to him with pre ordained questions. I mean, just there was so much where they were coddling him because he just seemed totally out of it. So why would Gavin Newsom and Kamala Harris basically put their political careers on the line and saying Joe Biden was absolutely fine. Let me play for you a couple of different cuts. This is Kamala Harris being interviewed just I think in the last week by an Australian reporter who asked her specifically about Joe Biden and what did you see, And Kamala Harrison decided to answer the question by saying Donald Trump was the guy I was running against and he's a terrible person, et cetera, et cetera. And the Australian reporter literally tells her, no, you're not answering my question. Listen to this.
Speaker 12: Didn't you also have a responsibility? You were one of the people in the room.
Speaker 13: I did not question Joe Biden's capacity to be president at all for four more years. He did not question his capacity.
Speaker 12: It wasn't his refusal to recognize his own frailties the reason that you faced a nearly impossible task.
Speaker 13: I ran against Donald Trump for president, and Donald Trump ran on a platform that was, in large part, I believe, misrepresenting his intentions to the American people. You combine that misrepresentation of intention with also what was that play in terms of massive amounts of misinteristant for me? Now forgive me, I want to calendar in terms of yes, the clerk, I want to interrupt you because that is a world class pivot.
Speaker 12: But it is not the question that I asked you, which is about Joe Biden's failure to recognize his own frailties and what that did to you. Question is about Joe Biden. Are you still reluctant to criticize the former president in what regard?
Speaker 13: Please? Well, just in terms of that question, so you went exactly, would you like to ask be more specific?
Speaker 12: If you don't Joe Biden's decision, his failure to recognize his own frailties in that position that put you in the position that made it almost impossible to win that race.
Speaker 13: He was not frail as a president of the United States.
Speaker 12: But he had frailties. We saw the debate.
Speaker 13: I do believe that Joe Biden had the capacity to be president of the United States.
Speaker 1: So not only would she not answer the question, she eventually did. She said, I believe he had the capacity to be president of the United States, but it was also she I had to ask the reporter about the question. She says, did you see Joe biden frailty that made it difficult for you to win? And she said, I don't understand. Basically, I don't understand the question. Asked again, and she asked it again, and she says, and be more specific, I mean, how hard was it for her to understand the basic question that the reporter was asking. Apparently it was difficult. Okay, here's another one with John Stewart from The Daily Show. And he certainly isn't a right wing nut job. Listen to this.
Speaker 13: I believe he was fully competent to serve. Are you really yeah, I do.
Speaker 6: That surprises me.
Speaker 5: Actually, no, I do.
Speaker 13: But there's a distinction to be made between running for president and being president.
Speaker 1: Even John Stewart was flabberg asked as he says, that surprises me. Nobody's buying what she's saying. One more, here's good old James Carville.
Speaker 14: Be very clear here, no one that had anything to do with twenty twenty four. No Democrat wants to hear from her, Not Hunt of Biden, not Harris, not Tim Wallas, not the consultants, not anything. The twenty twenty four have left such a lingering bad taste in Democrats. We just don't just get out of the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can't speak for the Democrats, but Carville can, and John Stewart and I don't know about the Australiant Reporter, but it did leave a bad test. Democrats have had a hard time since the twenty twenty four election. They don't have a leader. They're kind of wandering around trying to figure out what to say and what to do. But pay attention to this business about defending Joe Biden, because again you saw what I saw, what everybody saw, was sadly a elderly man that did not seem to have anywhere near full cognition. In fact, very deficit on his cognition. He could not figure out what to say, or what to do, or how to get on a stage or off a stage. Even at the terrible debate that he had, he had to be helped down three stairs off of the dais. He had the cards put in front of him at news conferences so that he would only call on reporters that had already submitted questions. It was I mean, it just went on and on and on about the fact that Joe Biden sadly had become not able to do just about any job, let alone president. So if Kamala Harris wants to keep defending him, okay, and Gavin Newsen have jumped on that same bandwagon. I think it's a huge mistake for any Democrat. I think they should just ignore it. Like Carvel said, just stop talking about it. I've got to play. I've got another one here. I forgot about that. I wanted to play for you too. This was She's on the book tour and Caris Wisher was the moderator. She was on stage with Kris Wisher and launched into this story the debate.
Speaker 13: Look I mean, okay. So part of it is so what happened was.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 13: So part of what I do talk about is that so debate camp, which was really intense. And then we get to Philly and my team and it's Kirsten Allen, who many people here may know, and Brian Fallon and they're getting me ready and they're like, hey, boss, So we saw Donald Trump coming off the plane coming to the debate and Laura Lumer was on the plane with him, and so they basically say to me, we didn't tell you, but she's been talking about people eating cats and dogs. They said, we think we need to tell you because his propensity is to say the last thing he heard. Oh it's sure enough on the debate stage. He said it.
Speaker 9: He said it, and they were ready did Yeah.
Speaker 13: I was brought, but not really.
Speaker 1: I gotta admit I'm that whole story about the cats and dogs or eating cats are eating dogs. It's a funny story. But she doesn't I don't know if the gravitasa just it sells one more see if you can figure out what she's saying. This is more of the going back to her word solad business. I don't remember Kamala Harris doing word talar when she was the attorney general in California. I don't remember her doing words tellar when she was the Senator and she was quizzing Kavanaugh. Something's going on with her, in my humble opinion, in the last few well else in the last four years. And she starts wandering down a thought process and then she switches before she finishes that thought to another thought, and then she interrupts herself to yet another thought, and it's just it creates a word salad. This is from the book Tour.
Speaker 13: But for example, I discussed in the timeline we had policy work to do that was about letting people know where I stood on the fact that I wanted to make sure that for example, it was my intention. And I know a lot of beautiful public servants here today, some of who are not have been let go over the last several months, and some of who are furloughed, And I thank you all for your service and everything that you do, and if we can just applaud those who are here. But for example, one of the things that I intended to do was as the president, we then have the largest workforce, right is the federal government. And I intended to figure out a way to reclassify job descriptions by skill, not just by college degree.
Speaker 1: So she got there, but she wandered, I mean all over the map before she got there. So I mean, this is going to be interesting to watch to see as she I'm going to guess she's going to try to run. Remember when she ran the first time, she was the first Democrat in, and she was the first Democrat out. She got out before the primaries because people just absolutely did not connect. So I find it interesting to see. And again after Tuesday, that's going to be more of the focus on all of that. Wall Street today was positive again, the Dow up forty at forty seven five sixty two, SMP up seventeen, the NASDAK up one hundred and forty three, the price of gold the only down, airrowyc down five bucks to four thy ten, and oil price is up thirty cents to just under sixty one dollars for a barrel of oil. Thank you for coming by today. Happy Halloween to you. Have a great weekend. We'll be back on Monday. Hope to see you then.
Speaker 13: The s