Speaker 1: Good morning, and morning and morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. Idio's time now for our community connection right here on ok the one you trust, and we have deb cooking with us and we are going to be talking about our local National Day of Prayer. How are you today, young lady.
Speaker 2: I am doing great, sir, and I hope you're doing fine as well.
Speaker 1: Well, we're doing better. But I've got all these k's going on here K one and now K Life because that's the that's where we're going to be holding the event.
Speaker 3: Correct, right, Yeah, tell us a little bit about it.
Speaker 2: So we usually have it at heart matters, but this year we are going to have the National Day of Prayer event.
Speaker 3: At K Life.
Speaker 2: In the easiest way to know where K Life is if you don't know where it is, it's right across from the high school.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: In fact, the praise and worship starts at six thirty and you can park right across the street in the high school parking lot. So yeah, we have been doing an event for the National Day of Prayer. As the name states, it is national, so there are cities all around the country that are celebrating just a time of prayer for our country. For our city. So here in Bartlesville we've been doing it, oh since the late nineties that I know of, So we will have it at K Life again. Prais and worship starts at six point thirty and the actual prayer time starts at seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: Now with this, we have a whole schedule of events for different types of prayers for different types of things, do we not?
Speaker 3: We sure do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So we will have some guests, people coming to pray for the church, home, family, media will be praying for you, Tom, yeah, education, government, the military.
Speaker 3: We will start.
Speaker 2: K Life will start just introducing themselves, welcoming us, and they'll share just a little bit about what k Life is in case any people that are there don't know, you know, what K Life is.
Speaker 3: Not everybody knows what k Life is.
Speaker 1: So people in town right.
Speaker 2: Right, So they will be sharing a little bit about, you know, what K Life is.
Speaker 3: I'll do a welcome, We'll have an open prayer, and.
Speaker 2: Then we have several people praying for the individual prayer requests that I that I stated early, so but come early because we have some great people doing praise and worship starting at six thirty. So yeah, right, right exactly exactly so, and we're excited to have it at k Life this year. We've never had it there. They have opened their doors. It is they have. We've usually have about eighty people attend this event and they have room for over one hundred.
Speaker 3: So we are hoping to pack it.
Speaker 1: I think you will, I hope.
Speaker 2: So, so come up, bring friends, bring children, bring children. We have had children come in the in the past and it's just such a blessing to see those those little boys and girls praying.
Speaker 3: So it's wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it will be some of the people speaking or leading prayers.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're going to start with repentance. Pastor Wayman White from Praise Church will be praying for that. We will have Pastor Tony Wisdom and he will be praying for the family. Dwight Chipman will be praying for military. Pastors Rando and Shiloh Gamble from Get Real Ministries, they'll be praying for the church. Kevin Hay will be praying for the workplace. Doctor James Dunn and Wendy Dunn from oak Woo, which is where I work. They will be praying for education. Julie Daniels our state Senator will be praying for the government. And do you know a guy named Tim Hazelwood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sure. He does our prayer for our city.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and he went to Oklahoma West and University, so I knew him as a student. So he will be praying for art, media and entertainment. And then there's one last prayer prayer the National Day of Prayer, and I'll be praying for that, and then we'll be singing God Bless America with the worship team, and then the closing will be done by someone from k Life.
Speaker 1: So yeah, nice, this is going to be a very very nice evening and it's a great way to just kind of pull it all together. We completed Easter and then that's yeah, that's a big, big deal, big time deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then and now we're starting a new and it's a great way to just get things full again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we are.
Speaker 2: Usually the prayer time takes about an hour, so if you come for praise and worship, six thirty to eight o'clock will be some time. And that's that's really not a whole lot of time if you think about it. You know, we're all getting together the Body of Christ to pray to our Lord.
Speaker 3: That's not a lot of time. So just going on, it's.
Speaker 1: Very small compared to what the Lord does for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely it is.
Speaker 1: So do you have a like a Facebook page in case people want to look up something on this or do you have a I know we're going to do a story on it here in a little bit. We're going to put it up on our website, so I'll direct people to that.
Speaker 2: You know, we haven't gotten that far. We don't have a Facebook page for the National Day of Prayer. That may be something we would look into in the future, but I think information they can probably just call the radio station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get it to them. Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dorry and I have been doing it. That's the Lord.
Speaker 2: Dorry and I have been doing this for several years. And we talked about it as we were planning for it this time, and I said, Dorry, how long are we going to be doing this?
Speaker 3: Until we're gone or until Jesus comes?
Speaker 1: So before you go, yeah, two options.
Speaker 3: Hopefully that's soon, but you never know.
Speaker 1: I love it. This is going to be a great event. And once again, this is coming up on Thursday May first, Ladies and gentlemen, this is the seventy fourth annual National Day of Prayer, but we're doing it locally here and that's going to be a k life just kind of kitty quarter from the High School there at eight oh five East eighteenth Street in Bartlesville. And like dev said, please get there early for the six thirty praise in worship. The prayer time begins at seven pm. Everyone's welcome. You don't need a ticket to get in, do you.
Speaker 3: Just a nice smile, Just a.
Speaker 1: Nice smile, that's all it takes. Yeah, yeah, and bring your family.
Speaker 2: Please, bring your family, especially the children. Train up a child way that they should go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good. This is going to be an awesome event and it's going to be very well attended to. Kay Life. And once again, folks, that's a relatively new facility. I think it's only like three years old or something like that.
Speaker 3: It is new.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So if you've been by there and you thought what that's like, well here's your chance. You've been invited. Come on and make yourself at home and get ready to pray.
Speaker 3: Yep, this is good. Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Now you've got a little group of folks who've been putting this together for so long. But I mean little, I mean you adoring.
Speaker 2: We have others that help us. Yeah, Durry and I get together and we pray about it. You know, we want the Lord to lead us in what.
Speaker 3: We we need to do.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we have been doing this since well, I remember it. We started back in the late nineties here in Bartlesville. But the actual first national Time of Prayer was proclaimed back in seventeen seventy five at the First Continental Congress and then Washington.
Speaker 3: Of course, before he was.
Speaker 2: President, he proclaimed time of prayer because we were, you know, fighting against we were fighting for our independence, and so he was a man of prayer. And then, of course we've had prayer ever since the first Connell Congress. And then finally, in a year before my birthday nineteen fifty two, Congress got together and they decided to proclaim a national Day of Prayer as the first Thursday in May, and Truman signed it. So we've been having the National Day of Prayer May first since nineteen fifty two.
Speaker 1: Very good, very nice little history lesson. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been doing this long enough I should know a few little facts about it. So oh, you know what, we do have a proclamation. I think this is the proclamation of the city. I went to the city. Yeah, this is. We have an Oklahoma proclamation signed by Governor Stitt that that I received.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then also I went to the city to get a proclamation, a city proclamation for the National Day of Prayer. So I don't know, you can't see it, but here it is. Everybody, this is the proclamation. Also, nationally, the President of the United States will sign a proclamation as well. So I'm sure our sitting president will sign a proclamation.
Speaker 1: Pretty dog going, sure you will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you very much for being in here. And like I said, Ms Cook is here for the national the local National Day of Prairie Bent once again. That's Thursday, May first at k Life here in Bartlesville at three oh five East eighteenth Street. The best landmark is Bartlesville High School. It's just kind of kitty corner off there to the southwest. Let's see six thirty praise in worship. Seven PM is the prayer and everyone is welcome. Just bring a smile in an.
Speaker 3: Open heart, yeah, and come on out. Yeah, let's fill that room. Get ready to pray over one hundred. We can do it.
Speaker 2: I think I have faith in our town, So come on out and pray.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, thank you for being with us here on our community connection.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you