Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I a M six forty, The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We do have a major, major announcement. It has been almost ten years that we've been doing the show.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's not an announcement, that's just kind of like it's.
Speaker 2: Just set up for the announced.
Speaker 3: Oh, got it. It just I didn't mean to take the windowt of the the balloon was filling up and I just show freaking ruin.
Speaker 2: It has been almost ten years that we were doing the show. Yeah, and after a lot of discussion, it's taken.
Speaker 3: Oh you're leaving months. It was a pope thing, huh for us to figure out, you're out?
Speaker 2: What the future of this place is?
Speaker 3: The weight?
Speaker 2: Do you mean w E I G h T or w A I T? Is it the w A I S T or the w A S T E.
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Our next news and Bruce is coming up. We're gonna be at Bravery Brewing in Lancaster. The reason we're telling you now is you got two weeks to plan and get there. They have once again, Bart and Brian and Sandra and everybody at Bravery is helping us brew the KFIPA. It's already in the bank, the banks in the barrels and the tanks getting beard. However, they make that magic happen and they make it taste great. We will be there on Friday May twenty third, That is the Friday right before Memorial Day, Friday May twenty third, so two weeks from today, we are going to be doing the show live from Bravery Brewing in Lancaster. They have been incredible hosts for us five five years now six years maybe since we went up there the very first time, and they are a great place to watch us do the show. It's a great place to do the show.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Not only do they have a great beers and wine on tap, they have incredible pizza.
Speaker 3: It's like a home away from home for the show, it really is.
Speaker 2: And they have always been incredibly gracious with us and with all of our listeners. So we will be up there. We have stuff that we will be giving away. As we get closer to the news and bruise, we'll tell you what kind of stuff is there. But it's just a great opportunity to get out. We haven't done one of these for months and we apologize, but we want to get out there and throw a great party to kick off Memorial Day week.
Speaker 3: It's going to be great time join us.
Speaker 1: Enough about us, it is Mother's Day weekend, and a big thank you to all of the mothers or even the women who are like mothers to all of us. It is wonderful this Mother's Day. We do have your chance to win an experience with a complimentary eighty minute massage or facial at Burke Williams. We are going to be giving that away now. If you don't get it, you can still get this for your mom. It's a great I guarantee your mom's gonna be happy with this. Visit Burke Williams dot com forward slash Mother's Day for unlocking exclusive savings. Okay, so that's Burke Williams dot com forward slash Mother's Day. There you will unlock exclusive savings. Pick mom up something. It's quick, it's easy, and she's going to be super pleased. It's okay that you have waited and that you've been procrastinating.
Speaker 2: We all do.
Speaker 3: This is why it's what we do with our moms, and.
Speaker 2: This is why you waited. Caller number six eight hundred five to zero one, five, three four, eight hundred five to oh one KFI Coller number six is going to win that eighty minute massage gift card for Burke Williams, and we may give another one away before the show is over.
Speaker 3: What else is going on?
Speaker 2: Time for what's happening?
Speaker 3: Wow? Where's your hack? Heat music?
Speaker 1: It's gonna be damn hot over the weekend, very warm.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 1: We're very Goldilocks, aren't we. It's like last week, Oh, the clouds are here. We're going to get a tenth of an inch of a rain on Saturday, and now we're saying, oh, it's gonna be unnecessarily warm over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Everyone just calmed down. We've had it good here.
Speaker 1: We had it good when it was cloudy, and we're gonna have it good this weekend despite it getting near one hundred degrees.
Speaker 2: It's going to be near one hundred in the ie. It might reach one hundred. But you're going to see in the valleys here probably mid nineties. You'll be fine.
Speaker 1: You'll be fine. God bless you. There's another one coming.
Speaker 3: How do you know? Because ten years, ten freaking.
Speaker 2: Years almost ten. The attorneys for Eric and Lylemanindez rescinded their request to have Nathan Hawkman remove from the resentencing case. This was retracted during the morning court hearing in Van Eyes today. Nathan Hawkman actually last week filed in opposition to the recusal motion by the attorneys. This is weedy, like you mentioned earlier, it's kind of weedy stuff. What they have done is set next I believe it's the thirteenth and fourteenth next week for resentencing hearings. We'll see how this goes. And this was probably a little bit of a headline generator that Nathan Hackman was there in the courtroom standing opposite Mark Arragus arguing his side.
Speaker 1: Here is a fun way to maybe recoup some cash. There are fewer than two months to file a claim in Apple's ninety five million dollars settlement in a class action lawsuit. It was all about Siri and using Siri to eavesdrop. That's what Apple was accused of. This is a five year old lawsuit. And so people who owned are purchased a Surrey Siri enabled Sorry if I'm activating everything enabled devices, specifically, if you bought an iPhone, an iPad, and Apple Watch, a MacBook, iMac HomePod, iPad, Touch, Apple TV, which we all did between twenty fourteen and twenty twenty four You may be eligible. So here's the deal. The deadline to file the claim July second, So go to the Lopez Versus Apple Inc.
Speaker 3: Website.
Speaker 1: It's easy to remember Lopez versus Apple Inc. Why because you think Ray Lopez, you know, whenever you every think about legal troubles.
Speaker 2: They said, you may have received a notification about your eligibility through mail or through email, but there if you believe you are eligible, you can still file a claim even if you didn't get one of those The specifics of it, though, is that you had to buy those devices and have experienced unintended activation.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but how do they prove that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You just say it trust me?
Speaker 2: Oh really did you file for that?
Speaker 3: You know your Jeopardy questions? It okay? And also, don't trust me. I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Never trust anyone who says trust me, they're lying. Trust me.
Speaker 1: Legal the fifteen hundreds for twelve hundred dollars. Bro let's stop it in fifteen.
Speaker 2: What's the topic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is what happens if you don't listen story the fifteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: Okay, In fifteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Nine, jaredis MerCad changed the world, or at least how we see it, by publishing a new kind of this.
Speaker 2: What is a map? Good job?
Speaker 3: How did you know that map?
Speaker 2: I knew? I recognize the mercator. Mercator. Good for you.
Speaker 3: What was it like to go to class in college?
Speaker 2: Do you know the map that looks like it's like bananas, Like it's the globe but it's unfolded. Yeah, that's his map.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've know that's not about bananas.
Speaker 2: But do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: I do? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Cool, that's the end of my story.
Speaker 3: That's a great that's a great story.
Speaker 2: The Bill Belichick story. We come back. Can you ban a coach's girlfriend from the football facilities? I don't know was she banned? Also of back and forth on what the truth is a chance for you to win a thousand dollars on the other side of this as well.
Speaker 4: Well, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Details have begun to come out of just how votes swiftly coalesced to make Pope Leo the fourteenth history's first American pope. Now the cardinals have begun describing sort of the hours and the days that led up to their final ballot. Many of them were pretty surprised that the Augustinian missionary in Peru reached that threshold so quickly, given the diversity of voters and the traditional feelings that go against an American pope. Because of the secular power that we already hold, and now we have a certain amount of religious power. I guess you could say a lot of times we talk about for us, exercise can be a way to blow off steam. Right, Yeah, you have a bad.
Speaker 1: Thinking, I'm excited to get in some cardio, get those endorphins.
Speaker 2: Going feels especially feels good when.
Speaker 3: You're done, feels so great. I think bothers me after that.
Speaker 1: So little things tend to bother me a lot if I don't do I notice that, Like, if I don't do any sort of like cardio and he's get the heart pumping. You know it doesn't have to be You don't have to run a freaking marathon, just like twenty minutes of getting the heart pumping. Here's if I don't do that, little things start to piss me off, and then nobody wants to be around that.
Speaker 2: I found somebody who feels that exact thing.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not done Cardio in a while.
Speaker 5: So you made his way till twelve o'clock for your announcement that you got KFI caf I beer in Lancaster.
Speaker 2: God, you guys are read. Oh you guys really really suck. I don't jump on the treadmill, bro. Just uh that's white bro. Yeah, just to just move those legs a little bit. What an a hole?
Speaker 3: That's awful. I just feel bad for him like that. He's going to get that upset over that, Like I can we send him some beer or something like?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he doesn't get it. Oh, okay, he does not get it.
Speaker 3: I just feel bad that he's upset over that. I thought that, well, I mean, should we try to bring joy to his life? What do we have here?
Speaker 2: You want to bring joy to this guy? This guy?
Speaker 3: I don't like the way he used those words.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy. God, you guys are read. You guys really really suck.
Speaker 3: I wonder what's going on.
Speaker 2: I do not know, but he needs in his life. He needs some time on the on the bike the treadmill.
Speaker 3: Ye, honestly and Jordan, you want for a walk?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't want you to care about this show to the point of being that upset.
Speaker 2: We have a chance for you to win a thousand bucks. Or's how you pick it up.
Speaker 4: Now, your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website. When that's win WI. M Edward now at KFI AM six forty dot com. Slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, Winning is everything the attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, the word win, I'm rattled by that guy. The word win win goes on the website and then if you do WI. If you do win, you will be notified via email that you picked up a thousand bucks. The whole story about Bill Belichick, longtime NFL coach, one of the most successful football coaches in the history of the game, has become tainted by his girlfriend. Bill Belichick is forty nine years older than his twenty four year old girlfriend, and he has now after spending decades in the NFL, gone on to coach the University of North Carolina football team.
Speaker 1: This was a guy who allowed zero distractions with the Patriots.
Speaker 3: He would get rid of guy.
Speaker 1: You know, we talk about Mike Tomlin being such a successful coach, we think about all the disasters just in the wide receiver room alone, all the distractions Mike Tomlin's had to put up with or has put up with. Bill Belichick had no time for that.
Speaker 3: You got no time for that.
Speaker 1: Doesn't like distractions, doesn't like show voters if they can't be contained. You know, sometimes a show boat will come to the team, or a distraction or somebody who's juvenile and you can kind of coach your coach it out of him or what have you, or or learn how to manage it. So he would not even stand for this kind of distract. And that's what it's become. It's become a distraction. I'm not saying she's just a distraction in his life. Maybe this is true love. As Fred Rogan said, people have chapters, they have acts.
Speaker 3: In their life. This is the latest act to Act three or what have you.
Speaker 1: Fine, fine, fine, fine, I'm not saying that their relationship isn't real, or they're just together because she's hot and she gives them all the adulation that he has not gotten as Bill Belichick before. I don't know, but I'm not saying that. I'm just saying she's a distraction on the field, she's a distraction around the facility. It's taking away from the program and what head coach is okay with that, which is why I say there's got to be I feel like there's something going on that has changed with the chemistry and his brain, and maybe it's the sex. I have no idea, but there's something that's not Bill Belichick about this whole new Bill Belichick.
Speaker 2: There was a former ESPN guy named Pablo Torre who this morning claimed on his podcast that the girlfriend Jordan Hudgeon, was told she's no longer welcome at the football facilities there at the University of North Carolina. He reported that there was an official in the athletic department that came to this decision that she would not be allowed on the field, she would not be allowed inside the facility. But the University of North Carolina itself has completely denied those reports. They strongly deny this whole story. They said, while Jordan is not an employee at University of North Carolina Athletics, she is welcome to the Carolina football facilities. She'll continue to manage all activities related to coach Belichia personal brand.
Speaker 1: Right, So, I understand she's been running a social media That's why she was at that interview.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I can understand Bill Belichick being howl Is he seventy something, seventy five, seventy three something like that. I can understand having a hot, young girlfriend and her being more social media savvy and operating all of that for you.
Speaker 3: I get that. That makes sense. You want to give her a leg up in the world.
Speaker 2: But doesn't she just want his money?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I believe if she wants that, if she wants that role, I believe she's trying to build something. Okay if she If that woman wants money, there's a million ways for her to get it. Other than a seventy five year old man who that's a good point.
Speaker 3: She could hook up with a thirty or forty year old man who looks a hell of a lot better.
Speaker 1: If that's what she wanted, only money, right, guess she gives she is a Bill Belichick fan. If you're a football fan, who isn't a Bill Belichick fan, She's a sick a fan.
Speaker 3: And that's fine. I get why she's there.
Speaker 1: I get why she wants to use this as a stepping stone for her career or exposure or whatever it is. It makes sense. He's a huge name. But why he's allowing this to become a distraction for what he does, which is football, shows some cracks in the vinear for me.
Speaker 2: Interesting. And he's got kids that are fifteen years old.
Speaker 1: I mean, all of these head coaches are screwing around.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: There's stories about Bill Walsh, stories about you get to the upper echelon of your industry and listen, it's there, okay and a lot of these guys, but you don't need to put it front and center on display, certainly not on the football field. You keep that over there so it's not a distraction. Yeah, you can on be talking about unc football at all. He can have whatever relationship he wants. Sure, that's his absolute right. And if that's a twenty four year old, that's fine. Get her out of the football realm, right. The fact that there is that that crossover is weird.
Speaker 2: We don't need her in the place of business, right, I mean, we don't need her here right at the University of North Caroline.
Speaker 3: Right, you do, you have your third act. Just keep it separate. You don't want to cramp where you eat, folks.
Speaker 2: More giveaways coming up in just a couple of minutes will be telling you how you can pick up another Burke Williams gift card, eighty minute massage or facial for mom, or for you if you are mom, or for whoever you choose.
Speaker 1: Maybe it doesn't and crap, Maybe a relationship with a fifty year age difference is going to be beautiful.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's golden.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe she gives him the kids that he's always wanted or something more kids. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's he was in his fifties when she was a fetus in her mama's belly.
Speaker 3: Gross, he was older than you she was a fetus.
Speaker 1: Or your age, your age forty nine? About your age, I don't put you at fifty two. I put you closer to forty six.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, that's a big thank you.
Speaker 3: That is good. I mean you only put me at fifty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifty seven, yeah, I never said fifty eight.
Speaker 3: All right, can we do something.
Speaker 2: Let's give away learned and nine news nuggets. We'll give it away when we come back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Our big announcement that you at noon, of course, is that we are going to be at Bravery Brewing in Lancaster debuting this year's edition of KFI PA coming up two weeks from today. It's going to be May twenty third, Friday, May twenty third, will be doing the show live. Not only do you get to get to have some of the beer, I mean you got to buy it. We're not gonna it'd be crazy, but you also they have an incredible pizza kitchen there, and they're gonna have a very special Gary and Shannon Show pizza that would be availed. I mean, you can get all the other pizzas too, but they're gonna have a Gary and Shannon Show pizza available. There are some people who think that that was a bad announcement for some reason.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I'm nowhere near Lancaster, but so down to drive there just to see you too, because I think you guys are just that amazing.
Speaker 7: I love this show.
Speaker 2: It's a blast. Here's another ten years. Oh man for guy dude, he must be going through something, I guess. Yeah, canfipa for the win man.
Speaker 5: Let's go carry which is like the new forty whoa congratulations.
Speaker 7: By the way, this is for Richard E complainer.
Speaker 3: Dude, the complaint about news and Brews.
Speaker 7: Right, I've been there twice and.
Speaker 5: That is very It's just absolutely delicious.
Speaker 2: So Richard E complainer, you're pretty terrible. There you go. Okay, Richard E complainer, that's the Oh, I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I was a little slow on the uptake there.
Speaker 3: I apologize. It's late in the day on a Friday.
Speaker 2: Before we get into what you learned this week, why not now we give away that eighty minute massage or facial at Burke Williams. You get to choose caller number six at one eight hundred five two zero one five three four eight hundred five to oh one k f I Colin number six is gonna win. If you would like to also unlock other exclusive savings, visit Burke Williams dot com forward slash Mother's Day for all of the details and get a little last minute gift in there for mom.
Speaker 3: Did we learn things this week? We learned a few things. I guess this is gonna be hurtful.
Speaker 2: Somebody learned.
Speaker 3: I can feel it, not entirely.
Speaker 4: What I learned about the Gary and Shannon Show this week is that Drew Brees Gary's favorite.
Speaker 3: Thing that makes sense, but we don't even know him.
Speaker 2: Drew Brees. Yeah, it's not like he's a mystery.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 8: This weekend, Gary and Shannon, I learned that a majority of people just put the show in the background and don't really listen to it, because good lord, the complaints were just ridiculous. It's like going into a lake and complaining you got wet? Did you not know what the show was about beforehand?
Speaker 3: What is he referring to?
Speaker 2: Remember the guy that was like, you guys are totally scripted?
Speaker 3: Oh I forgot about that week the show.
Speaker 2: I learned what played out means.
Speaker 4: It means I.
Speaker 5: Played a song on an old Bond record so many times or a cassette tape so many times that it doesn't really play with any integrity anymore. But you know it will never be played out Gary and Shannon lovey guys, listen every Day.
Speaker 3: Thank you have great wey for putting our hearts back together.
Speaker 7: This week on The Gary and Shannon Show, I learned that we won the Pope title and that I would have gambled on Robert Chicago.
Speaker 3: The odds are I would have made lots of money.
Speaker 2: Somebody and gambling on the Pope title.
Speaker 3: Texted me like something to the effect of like, and it didn't. It didn't. I didn't realize it until they said it.
Speaker 1: You must really miss you know, football season, and I thought, yeah, when you started thinking competitive competitively about you know, religion, it's probably not good.
Speaker 3: Like that's not a healthy outlet, I don't think.
Speaker 2: But like you said, this is the dark times. This is the midpoint between super Bowl and very darning camp.
Speaker 9: This week on The Gary and Show, I was shocked to learn that the show is canned.
Speaker 2: Totally scripted, totally scripted.
Speaker 9: I can't believe it. I've been listening for like six years and to find this out, it's just truly.
Speaker 2: Heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it should be really depressing.
Speaker 9: Thanks for all the canned funny guys, because.
Speaker 1: Again, who would do that? Who would write this and then do it and then press play?
Speaker 3: No One?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that this was the final draft.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 8: What did I learn on Gary Shannon this week?
Speaker 7: I learned that we won the Pope.
Speaker 2: That's white smoke bro. Listen to the trumpet of Jesus.
Speaker 3: I love that. That's white bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty good. Idiot, Evan, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: That's white bro.
Speaker 2: And finally listen.
Speaker 6: Most important thing we all learn this week is if Gary ever gets in serious trouble, well he's got an acceptable jail body.
Speaker 2: An acceptable jail body.
Speaker 3: I didn't call your body acceptable.
Speaker 2: That makes me feel better. It's time for our nine news nuggets. You need to know stories that kind of fell through the cracks because you know there's a lot else, a lot of other stuff going on.
Speaker 1: I totally ps still picture Renee on that lounge in some sort of kaftan with a cocktail.
Speaker 2: For Martini's Deep. Yes, here's our Honorable Mention. Honorable Mention, not the.
Speaker 8: Honor serving with you.
Speaker 6: Great and honorable most is so today we're holding auditions to become the newest member of Honorable Mention.
Speaker 2: Man, it almost feels like any time you sign up for a big festival slash events, burning Man Fire Festival, something, it's going to end up underwhelming in this.
Speaker 3: Case the Fire Festival of Book Talk.
Speaker 2: In this case, people traveled to Baltimore thousands of dollars, some of them paid for an event advertised as a romantic book convention.
Speaker 3: Who do you.
Speaker 1: Think is going to show up at this? What are you expecting? Are you expecting this to be? Like when all of the Hunger Games fans descended on La Live to you know what I mean, Like where you're with a bunch of like minded people and you can talk about the fans stuff and all of that. Because when I think of romantic fantasy books, those are books.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like when I went to go see Fifty Shades.
Speaker 1: Of Gray in the movie theater, like in the middle of the day before anchoring the John and Ken Show. The whole thing, that whole sentence should be flushed, but it happened, And I thought to myself, why am I watching this movie? This like softcore porn with strangers in Burbank at.
Speaker 2: Ten at the day? Right, just at least wait until after four, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I mean, I understand some sort of like fan groups where you'd want to be the Star Wars or whatever, But when you're talking about romance, do you really want to be with a bunch of other people that read the same sex scenes that you did.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe you do, maybe you do. In this case, very few people showed up. These were mostly book sellers like authors that were self publishing these romanticy books, and they said that they had very few customers. So they were upset.
Speaker 3: Number nine, Number nine I did n y Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Would you get spicy languages?
Speaker 3: I feel scared for her unborn children in there? Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Talking guy in Chicago. Owner of a South Side property on the market to be sold. But when one of the realtors walked by, there were already people inside and Marcove Alaskaz, the owner, could not figure out how Chermaine and Cadoro moved in, claiming that they had recently purchased the property. They were squatters taking advantage of this whole thing, he said. The couple showed him, at least showed the police a mortgage document. Cook County, of course, confirmed they did not have any sort of mortgage on record, So they were squatters trying to take over this thing. So what did Marco do? I'm just gonna say, Chermaine and Cordero. Sound like a good time, Marco, You'll go through life with Chermaine and Cadero is your name and not be fun.
Speaker 3: You just don't. Does anybody know a mean or a difficult Chermain?
Speaker 2: Marco called a couple of friends and they moved in basically and stayed the night with the squatters. We stayed in the living room, watching the door. They stayed in one of the bedroom rooms. We stayed the whole night. The next morning he realized that Chermaine and Cardoro were not going to move and he's They told him, we want eight grand of what we paid so we can leave your property. They eventually signed a cash for key agreement as common as it is, and paid them forty three hundred dollars to scuse.
Speaker 1: Squatters are so emboldened these days, and with the law behind them in many cases. Number number eight or as Keana would say.
Speaker 2: Our clive is bold. Every eight second listening to eight different bosses drown on about mission statements.
Speaker 1: Hey listen, sometimes we fall on hard times, okay. Sometimes we don't have all the money we need to buy our drugs. Sometimes we have to borrow the drugs, and then sometimes we can't pay the money back for the drugs. So in those cases, sometimes an eight hundred pound rare historic cannon presents itself and you swipe it, and you swipe it and you bring it to your dealer and you're like, hey, I've got this piece of war history from Kansas. Can I give you this concrete cannon in exchange for wiping out my drug debt? It seems plausible to me. Hey, you've been up for four weeks.
Speaker 2: Here's the most implausible, the most implausible thing. You said, concrete canon.
Speaker 3: I would assume it's concrete.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's metal. He's selling the metal for scrap.
Speaker 1: Oh he's not selling it for historical value.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: No, that's why I pieced it. That's why. The most unlikely aspect of this story is the guy's name is Gordon Pierce. The third. Do you know anybody with the third after their name that owes a cocaine dealer a lot of money?
Speaker 1: No, because they have enough money to pay their dealers, hence the third.
Speaker 3: Do you know anybody named the who doesn't do cocaine?
Speaker 2: Yes, my brother in law. Oh he's a third.
Speaker 1: You don't know him that well, there's seven bro.
Speaker 2: Cocaine.
Speaker 9: Seven years of college done to drain seven.
Speaker 2: Seven seven days. This sounds like a Cheech and Chong movie. It does twenty five thousand people who live in I'm going to pronounce it wrong. Lice, a town in Turkey involuntarily got high after their police force burned tens of tons of seized cannabis in the center of the town. This the whole thing was to burn over twenty tons of confiscated cannabis, but that, of course caused the air in the town to become thick with the weed smoke people for five days. People couldn't leave their windows open and had to avoid going out.
Speaker 3: Why would they waste all that pot?
Speaker 2: Because it's not legal, so.
Speaker 3: It's legal other places. You sell it to the other places where it's legal.
Speaker 2: Just export it or.
Speaker 1: Just sell it in the black market. No need to burn it, waste not want not.
Speaker 2: Here's number six. I got six, You got six, She got six? Number six, there's six more weeks of later.
Speaker 6: What do you have a picture of me? Or Rabbi and six drunken longshomny.
Speaker 2: Would just dig you in a nursing home closer to us.
Speaker 1: I don't have to go so TikTok's latest trend has students setting their chromebooks on fire. As you can imagine, this has resulted in school evacuations safety warnings across the country. It's known as the chromebook challenge. What a rich kid thing, well, a rich school thing, definitely. So many schools now use chrome books and hand them out.
Speaker 2: To the kids. Wow that if you if you give a kid something that is that valuable without them having any idea of how valuable it is, they're gonna blow it up because they're dumb. We're all dumb. We all did stupid stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Remember yesterday when the fire department was here and I said, is it finally on fire?
Speaker 3: And they just looked at me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they took your picture without you knowing, and they're going to keep it on file. So anytime there is an arson or suspicious fire anywhere within a twenty block radius of this place, they're going to be calling the calling what the fire department. No, they're going to be calling the movie that's white bro. The fire department rarely rats you out to the cops. It's a little fun fact. They could call me, I would write you out.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you would rat out a freaking ham sandwich. You see, John got a ham sandwich from Jersey Mikes. I love Jersey Mikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know how when your kids were little and you'd make them a sandwich and you'd put one piece of bologny in there, because that was that's how they like their sandwich, right, sure, want you would make like a Deli sandwich for them and put a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of meat in there, fold up the meat, right, Yeah, you wouldn't do that because they're five.
Speaker 1: John also takes out all of the meat of this sandwich and just has like a couple slices in there of ham.
Speaker 2: Like you tell them they're making it that you don't want that much hair.
Speaker 3: Because then you have to be embarrassed in front of everyone in line at the Jersey Mics. But he took all the ham out. You had like just a couple of slices of ham in there. I said, what's going on with all that ham? So I don't like a lot of ham on my sandwich. It looked perfectly good. I almost eat the ham, to be honest, but I'm full I would have eaten that ham.
Speaker 2: What color was the hand?
Speaker 3: It was? That's white, bro It was a beautiful shade of ham.
Speaker 2: It's number five is not a color.
Speaker 7: We bees five.
Speaker 5: Five point five would be a favorite.
Speaker 2: Lose five pounds immediately.
Speaker 3: It's sim slice too.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: I love thin slice piece of ham.
Speaker 2: Man known to throw cans of food and other items around a Florida neighborhood in Port Charlotte has been arrested and neighbor said he threw canned corn through her window. She was outside when she heard the sound of glass breaking, turned toward the noise and found that one of her neighbors, a guy named Arez Senteville, was running into another neighbor's yard and back toward his home. The front window in her house was broken at the top and something had been thrown through.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. It wasn't just the Delmonti can of corn.
Speaker 1: This person also threw a bottle of urine, oh, which it is hard to explain, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Bottles of urine, glass plates, chunks of metal, and raw meat. It's a good thing he doesn't come here. Ham apparently laying out in the desk over for that.
Speaker 1: Challenge of throwing cheese at each other's faces. I should have done that with the ham. I should have come in here with John's ham and just thrown it at your face.
Speaker 2: Good idea. Here's number four or minute.
Speaker 3: Is probably on this what tranquilizer by Now.
Speaker 4: This isn't the same world.
Speaker 3: You left four years Oh this is awful. So everybody knows. Well, let's not go down that road.
Speaker 1: There was a mom who suffered a ridiculously horrific allergic reaction living in an apartment that had mold in it.
Speaker 3: We all have been victim to mold in various parts, right, I mean, we can do it like this if you want. Oh, I'm sorry, Oh, let's do it. I apologize mold.
Speaker 2: Joanna Hayes.
Speaker 3: I could stop right there and it would just be a tease.
Speaker 2: No, it's too late. They said that this rash that that this mom and her daughter suffered was because of the state of their house.
Speaker 1: The mushrooms in the mold. Did you see the rashes? Yeah, black spores and the mushrooms. Look at that, Look at the mold that's growing in there. And they came figured out.
Speaker 3: I knew this would further inflame your distaste of mushrooms. And it has number three.
Speaker 2: Sorry, three shall be the number that count and the number of the counting shall be three were dead within three hours.
Speaker 6: Three security clearance level three.
Speaker 4: All three of them three.
Speaker 2: I got all three of you guys. For the rest of your nation is born live.
Speaker 3: After that three days, they both start to stink.
Speaker 2: The guy set his house on fire Northumberland in UK, A guy named James Brown, but different. James Brown was more captivated, captivated by firefighters than by the flames themselves.
Speaker 3: James Brown is dead.
Speaker 2: Well, not this one. This one's only twenty six years old. A lot of people dream of becoming firefighters, so he hmm, let's say, I don't know why he was fascinated with firefighters. I mean, I've seen some pretty shapely firefighters in my day, but maybe that's what he was doing. Back in September, there got a call emergency services saw sparks from an energy meter burning linen in a cabinet. They extinguished a little fire, and they even turned off the electricity supply just to be safe. About ninety minutes later he reported yet another in fire, another fire that involved betting, but this time the electricity had already been turned off. The firefighters began to investigate and realize this guy was setting things on fire with fireworks. Here's number two. What's going on?
Speaker 4: You two?
Speaker 2: We got two fingers one two.
Speaker 6: People.
Speaker 2: There's two sons and no women. You see the picture of the raccoon with a meth pipe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like this is much ado about nothing.
Speaker 1: I mean, raccoons get into everything, and why anybody would be held accountable for a raccoon who picks up a meth pipe is beyond me.
Speaker 2: I feel like raccoons are already pretty high strung, right, They're gonna do what they're gonna do.
Speaker 3: They do not need meth, they don't need method. They can't be controlled.
Speaker 2: But there is there is a picture or cops took of a driver's seat when they stopped a woman had been arrested for drug paraphernalia. Of this raccoon that they are calling chewy because now you can see him with this crackpipe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was holding a meth pipe and she has been arrested, well.
Speaker 2: For the drugs, not for having a raccoon with a meth pipe.
Speaker 3: I hope not.
Speaker 2: Here's number one, weird, number one, number one. We're number one, Ben.
Speaker 7: I decided to look out for number one.
Speaker 2: Are you the number one row? Number one number?
Speaker 3: This is a nice animal. It doesn't involve meth at all.
Speaker 2: No, there was a big gray draft horse named Arthur a few years ago was spooked by a guy yelling and opening an umbrella in Central Park and he ran off and he crashed into a couple of cars while towing three tourists in the carriage crashed into a couple of parked cars. Passengers had minor injuries, the carriage was crumpled, the cars had significant damage through The horse became something of a poster boy for Animal Act at a poster pony. But he has been living out his days at a horse sanctuary in Massachusetts, so they didn't put him down, thankfully. And I don't know what color horse he was.
Speaker 1: That's white, brokay, all right?
Speaker 3: That can die with acceptable face? Right.
Speaker 1: No, we're gonna kill those things over the weekend. You know, that's not how they would bury them. It's not how this show works.
Speaker 2: Reminder our News and Bruises coming up in Lancaster, a bravery brewing to kick off Memorial Day weekend Friday the twenty third, doing the whole show out there coming up.
Speaker 3: How come you don't say stupid things I do?
Speaker 2: I just say them quietly. And I Sometimes you're not paying attention to when I say them me.
Speaker 1: I'm always listening. What John Cobalt show coming up next? We will see you on Monday. We didn't even do the thing.
Speaker 2: What thing?
Speaker 3: The thing? We will Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, stay dry, everybody.
Speaker 3: Blessings you.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app