Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go over Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. How are you good?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Another new setting for the podcast right in front of this lovely led screen. Just wrapped up the PGT true classic Rags, two riches, not really an agenda on today's show. Last time, we talked about how we wanted to hit on some stuff before we were abruptly kicked out of our studio. But we'll hit on some of those topics. But I don't know, kind of unprepared, kind of just going to be firing from the hip. But maybe that'll produce a good show.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We'll see.
Speaker 1: We'll let producer rich Ryan tell us if this was good or bad, and then we're gonnajus going forward. Yeah, how's that sound to you?
Speaker 3: Good for me?
Speaker 1: You're not very lively today. Not enough coffee today, not enough coffee, And I tried to get you to go get more coffee, and you're like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: So that's probably my fault, that's what I'm.
Speaker 1: Probably your coke. It is Friday, December fifth, It is six eleven pm. And because it is Friday, December fifth, you've got a few days left to head on over to play poker Go. Play poker go dot com. You can also download it to your iOS device, to your Android device. All you gotta do sign up for a free account, play a free hand, one single hand of Allline poker. It's free, and do that before December tenth so you can get automatically entered to win a dream seat into the PGT Million Dollar Championship. That drawing is going to happen on December eleventh, So you got a couple of days left to get in there, play that freehand, and then hopefully you're coming out here to Las Vegas, to the pork Gro Studio and competing in that event. First place is going to be five hundred thousand dollars. The top six are going to pay out. There's going to be what fifty four entries fifty four, Yeah, so you've got a really damn good shot of like actually winning that tournament. You know, it's not like we're you're coming out here to play a two thousand player field or something like that. No legitimate shot nopeburch is necessary. Of course, must be twenty one or older in the US resident to enter. Full details can be found at poker groat dot com slash rules. All right, first things first, what'd you think of this True Classic event?
Speaker 3: It was good. It was fun.
Speaker 4: Having the you know, fifteen True Classic giveaway winners in the field. I think attracted a you know, some new faces and new names into the Progo studio to play. Obviously we have the ten seats guaranteed in the satellite end up getting.
Speaker 3: A maybeing one of them as well.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 4: So that was obviously good, you know, attracting some new people and everything here.
Speaker 3: And it was a different event. It was. It was our first three K no limit hold them event here in.
Speaker 4: The studio, so that that was a good thing to break through, to break the ice. And I think kind of, hey, maybe we do you know, a few more three ks on the PGT in the twenty twenty sixth season.
Speaker 3: I think there's an avatite for him.
Speaker 4: We saw what was one hundred odd players on Day one B so hey, you know, I feel like that's probably what we could expect if we did more of these in a time slot where we can have the full attention of our playable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Timeslot was something you know, we'll want to maybe improve upon for next year. There are always things that we want to improve upon for the next time around. Speaking with Ryan Bartlett, co founder of True Classic, he's gung ho on this event, trying to go bigger and better with it. He was pumped to be here. He was out here for the last two days. He got to meet a lot of those fifteen qualifiers or fifteen giveaway winners that you mentioned. Two of them cashed, Mark Anthony Debello cash for twelve k. James Anderson cashed for eight k, so good on them, and yeah, they did well with everything. So you know, two out of fifteen not bad. A couple of the players you saw, Luke Burnham took a horrible beat. Was a King's births as king for like the chip lead on day one beat, Yeah exactly, So you know, stuff like that breaks the other way and maybe we got some more people going deep. But all in all, I think it was a good event, a good foundational start to everything. And then of course you know we'll we'll go from there and we'll grow as we go. And then speaking of Ryan Bartlett, we were able to speak with him after the event ended. Did a little interview with him, talked with him about the promotion, the giveaway, the event as a whole, true classic giving back, all that sort of stuff. So let's hear from Ryan right now, and then we will come on back on the other side.
Speaker 5: I mean, you guys know that we are really big in the philanthropy, really big into giving, and you know, since we're already partnered with Poker Go, it just made sense to figure out how to bring value to some people in the poker community that you know, we could help put them into a tournament and make some money. So it was kind of the perfect combination of like a little bit of philanthropy mixed with a little bit of gambling, and you get this rexter Wig a tournament. I mean, I still secretly wish that I could have made it work some way somehow, but I just was not good enough. I Mean, these guys are the pros, obviously, but I'm such a gambler at heart. I gamble a lot in business. I take a lot of big bets and have a high risk tolerance.
Speaker 2: So I still have that.
Speaker 5: Poker player in me to this day. It just plays out very differently in the business world than at the Poker Table.
Speaker 2: I just hope that they know that we're here to.
Speaker 5: Show up for the community in one way or the other, whether it's the poker tournaments or giving out free credit or whatever we figure out to give back to the community. I just want to continue to be one of those brands it just shows up some way, somehow, other than just being another branded sponsor. I mean, within the poker community, there's a lot to give. I mean, there's a lot of things we can do. I think the tournament was a good start. I want to brainstorm for the World Series next year on what we can do to show up. I know a couple of years prior, we tried to show up with gift bags and things that the players would need at the World Series that would help them get to their day. So, you know, it's gonna be more tournaments, more ways to give. I don't know, we'll see where it goes, but I'm gonna rely on you guys to how brainstorm.
Speaker 2: It all right.
Speaker 1: That was true Classic co founder Ryan Barlett, a former poker player in his own right, but as he'll tell you, poker didn't quite go so well for him, and then he went on to get involved into some other businesses, and eventually True Classic took off, and you know, now it's basically taking over the world as it's taking over the Poker Go studio. So it's good to get brands like this involved in poker. I feel like it's few and far between these days too. It to one to just get sponsors to care about poker like they once did, right, that's like the first hurdle, and then also get sponsors involved that are tied to poker. They have poker roots, they want to give back, they want to do good things and also something that can benefit poker players. I mean, he gave a lot of value, you know to the fifteen giveaway winners got to come out here.
Speaker 2: They're into five thousand dollars package.
Speaker 1: They played in the thirty three hundred dollar event, they got three nights at Aria, they got flights, that sort of stuff. They also got True Classic gear. Even today, you know, Ryan's hitting me up before the stream starts and he's like, hey, I got twenty five one hundred dollars codes. Let's give him out on the stream to the fans, you know, do that sort of stuff, like, I mean, he really does want to give back as much as possible to the poker community, and he really wants to help people to chase their dreams. So that's great. You know, It's it's one thing to get a sponsor out here and slap their logo on stuff, but it's great to really get that integration, that engagement through it all. So, you know, I'm very pleased with everything and being able to work with True Classic because you know, they see the vision that we're trying to create here and that's that's always fun to have.
Speaker 2: So sweet. You got any final thoughts on the event?
Speaker 4: I guess we can talk a little bit about the PGT Labbol you know, was a PGT qual It.
Speaker 1: Was a pg That's why it was called the PGT True Classic. Rags, two riches.
Speaker 4: Two kind of people. I'm going to talk about one Michael Wang final type.
Speaker 1: And we should quickly before you get to that, we should say that Daniel Maher won the event about thousand dollars. Yeah, he also won a thirty thousand dollars package to play in the WSB Paradise Super Main event. He at sixty million dollars guaranteed event, which will be a PGT qualifying event. There are six events as part of WSB Paradise that are PGT qualifying, the first of which kicks off on Saturday, December sixth.
Speaker 4: So speaking of Dan though, yeah, he's won three huge events massive shout Out, Massive event in the last eighty months, two now in this very room, right, one being obviously the PGT True Classic Rags to Riches. He also won the ben MGM Championship that was last year. Yeah, in the last eighteen months. Oh yeah, sorry, And he also won his first bracelet at last years he.
Speaker 1: Did, and I did not know that that bracelet was one of the online to Live hybrid events. Yeah, the hybrid yeah, which you know, there's obviously every time ws A P comes around, there's always that that bracelet talk. You know, does do bracelets matter? Are they watering them down?
Speaker 2: Like all that sort of stuff?
Speaker 1: Right, as far as I'm concerned, a bracelet is a bracelet as long as the operator says it's a bracelet. That's my stance these days. I do think though, that all the online bracelets I think should just be online to live like that.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's that's my solution there, all of them, all of them should be No I know, but okay, But what I'm going also, what I'm saying with that is that if you atta packet with the fact that they need to be online to live, then you're gonna have fewer of them online, you know what I mean, because you're not gonna want to do, like you said, sixty two one hundred online to live events. But you could do a dozen. You could do twenty throughout the year. You could make that happen. You know, you could do some for the summer stuff you know that plays online to live of course during the summer, and then you could also do some that play like in the fall when they do the one here in the States on WSP dot com and they do them on gd Poker, and you could end up in paradise. Why can't you do that? Oh that's a good way, you know, like that, and that's how you do it. And then maybe you get I don't know, maybe you do fifteen in the summer, fifteen in the fall between the two markets, you get thirty total or something and you go about that. Or you could even do something where it's like maybe you do the live stuff at w SP Europe, right, you know, because they do have these three live ten pole events that they could drive people too, you know. And then and then also maybe like when it comes to w SP Paradise for example, you know, maybe they get some more people in that SUPERMANI men. You know, maybe they get them blasting down there, so all that sort of stuff. So I think that could be kind of a pathway, you know, or a way to possibly attack it. It Also it just creates like, I mean, the whole thing with the with the online stuff. I mean, listen, online poker is super fucking hard, but people are like, I don't know who I'm playing against, I don't know what they're doing. All this sort of stuff. Well, at least if you get them at the final table in a live setting, it's there, it's live, it's in the flesh, right, So yeah, I don't know that kind of thought about that today, but you know, we'll see how it goes. But w SPE Paradise is coming up anyway.
Speaker 4: Put the PGT three people are gonna talk about real quick. Neil Warren, he Cash. He moved up to eightieth, but he's got seven hundred and four points. He is right in that striking distance from that top.
Speaker 3: Forty.
Speaker 4: Sam Laskwitz min Cash he moved up. He leaped from Dennis wise Brace, the winner from this world series. Most importantly for Sam is he's forty eighth on the lead aboard. Why that he's right there because that's technically with out little rules fortieth when you take out the eligibility must cast three times, he's actually when you remove those players such as Michael Musrahi, John Woznik, some of those guys, he's now fortieth, so he's in, but obviously lots more events to come. And the final person Michael Wang Final Table, the event he leaped up over Dylan Lindy. He's now seventeenth on the PGT leader board, twelve hundred and eighty. Would say he's probably locked in to qualify for the PGT Million Dollar Championship. But that was the three big movers from Yeah, the true Classic, Rags Riches.
Speaker 1: And then in this event. You know, with everything that we did here trying to promote it as much as possible live streaming at et cetera, I felt like this kind of kicked off the month of December in a lot of ways. It's a huge month here for poker in Las Vegas and around the world. With everything that's going on again, WISP Paradise, you got EPT Prague that's happening. So there's a lot of stuff happening. Tim and I are going to be out there battling quite a bit, see if we can make some things happen as we close out the year. So you know, maybe we'll have a couple podcast before we turn the calendar over to twenty twenty six and kind of talk about it all.
Speaker 4: But we'll see how we need to do annual uh perka Rica we do.
Speaker 3: We do talk about next years.
Speaker 1: Go I feel like I have to tick off like nine more of them. I feel like I haven't done what I wanted to.
Speaker 4: I'm already said, you probably said shitty goals go back and listen.
Speaker 2: I don't know to the cash in an event.
Speaker 1: Wow, problem, my goals are pretty I mean, I don't remember what I don't even remember what our goals were. I remember I went back. So yeah, okay, we'll.
Speaker 3: Touch on it, like you know, around New Year's Eve.
Speaker 1: So I did want to touch on some of these other events that happened around the world in the last month or so. First and foremost, this APT Championship event that happened in where did it happened Taiwan, Taiwan. I mean this event like it kind of came out of nowhere, like I knew it was going to be happening, yeah right, and I knew it was a laft The event, the main event itself was a ten k us freeze out, freeze five million dollars guarantee, okay, which is I mean, that's lofty by today's standards, especially when from what I recall, I don't think they've ever done an event like that big of a buy in for like their main event. They were usually smaller I think, and that could be wrong there, but anyway, all of a sudden, it's like this Championship event is all over social media, it's getting streamed like there's a lot of stuff happening. There's a lot of players that made their way there. So it was like boom, all a sudden done when it comes to the Championship main events, six hundred and seventy one entry, so they did hit the guarantee, five million dollars were guaranteed. Of course, they got over that with the six seventy one in the field again freeze out, freeze out, which is just absolutely freaking wild India's Nishant Sharma won the event for almost one point two.
Speaker 2: You and I were joking. You text me, You're like, should we go next year?
Speaker 3: I want to hunt?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like kind of the reason the like for me talking about this event isn't so much about like talking about the results and like who won, like you know, shout out to Sharma for winning more than one point two million dollars, like that's awesome. But for me, the story here is like this event is now firmly on the map, like it I mean, it's like you and I are talking about, listen, should we plan for a trip next November? A lot of players, same sort of thing. I tried to do some reach out to various players to see how it was there, you know. Dylan Lindy said that he deeply enjoyed his first Asian Poker Tour experience. He said that the whole schedule had a wide range of well structured high rollers to mixed games to large, large guaranteed freeze outs, which is, you know, that's pretty cool to say. Hal Rotholds was over there as well. He said he's played a few of these events over the years, but he's glad to see what the APT brought this year with his events, especially as a mixed game player, so you know, again echoing with Dylan, Lindy said, as it really to the mixed games. A. J. Kelsaw another mixed game player. He was over there. I think he won a mixed game event as well, so you know, he had a good friend over there. He was happy with, like the people and how they welcomed you, and the hospitality and all that sort of stuff. He said, I highly recommend the APT series next November in Type A for anyone who wants to visit Asia while playing some poker. The events were well planned, the staff was outstanding, and the operation ran super smoothly with no lines or weights, et cetera. Anthony, who who Final Table DPGT True Classic Rags to Riches basically must have got off the plane and came right here because he was over there doing some stuff.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 1: It was a very good vibe over there. The fields weren't as competitive as the US, which is good if you're value hunting. They have no cash games, according to him, so they have very like good structures and well structured tournaments that allows them to do that. He did say the rake was pretty high though, so so you know, he said it can be as high as fifteen percent and ten percent for the high rollers.
Speaker 2: So you know.
Speaker 1: He did say Taiwan's a great city. He speaks Chinese, so that helps him travel over there. He did say, I recommend going for fun, but hard to make money there with the rape plus currency conversion fees plus travel expenses.
Speaker 2: I mean, I get it, you know.
Speaker 1: I think it's good to have somebody who's you know, on not not necessarily a negative side, but isn't just like, yeah, this is awesome. I'm going to go every time, So it's good to get a nice diversified look there through some of the players. But from what I saw, it seemed like something I would want to maybe go, you know, if I do make a poker trip like this is now in the consideration for me, which I think when you're putting this event on and you want to attract international players, like that's what you're hoping to try and achieve, create that sense of fomo, to get people thinking about it, getting friends like us being like, hey, should we make a trip out of it.
Speaker 4: I just looked at the schedule and it kind of had a bit of everything for everyone. Know we talked, you mentioned these some of these guys, Hal and Dylan, Lindy and AJ mixed game guys. There was mixed game tournaments and tournaments I had never even heard of. Habby Mirk played once you want to yeah, Pineapple.
Speaker 3: To some yes, Seventh Heaven Pineapple. I don't know.
Speaker 4: They all crazy games, but they had a lot of stuff at very affordable buyings for like you know, you and me, we're talking three hundred, four hundred, five hundred. But then they had stuff like five k's, ten K main event, twenty five K high rolls. I had a full full spectrum of buyings and events.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: And that's what kind of you know, picked my interest. Plus, hey, a city. You know, we've done a lot of traveling in our career working. We never really made it to Taiwan, so it's kind of a spot. Hey, you know, it could be a good one to go to. Speaking to Anthony who he did talk about the players and some of the incredible hands he saw, but also the fact that was pretty you know, it's pretty easy trip. I think he said it was ten hours from I think he went from Seattle, So you know, it's not it's a pretty easy trip and yeah, new city, good food.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't mind.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know it's about Ley Novem and next year skip Thanksgiving. Have Thanksgiving over in Taiwan.
Speaker 1: I mean, more importantly skip F one. Oh yes, get the heck out of the city. Well, the city is a disaster here in Vegas. But I mean, you and I we pay attention to a lot of poker stuff around the world, and you know, obviously a lot of stuff happens. I would I think I'm pretty confident saying, and you can tell me if you agree or not. But like, I can't remember something recently catching our attention as much as this series did. And that's why we wanted to talk about it here, is because it's like, yeah, you see new series pop up over here and there, but I can't recall a series that really like grabbed our attention as much. Again to the fact that we're like, should we try and go like it it seemed that good that we should try and go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, okay, we talked about stuff here in the States, so hey, we should go to that. But this is it's not like we're ever like pining to go to somewhere over seas. This one's just definitely stood out the fact that a lot of our players, you know, with skipping events here state side good events too. To go to the APT says a lot from the player standpoint, and knowing that, knowing they've all had pretty good experiences, even some of the you know people you didn't mention that we talked to that played the true Classic event, it seems like, hey, they're probably going to target going back again. So hey, it's probably only going to get bigger and better if other tours, you know, obviously for us, the pgt were already Hey, okay, let's make sure we don't overlap this because it looks like our players want to do a little bit of traveling still, so we can fade any events overlapping this.
Speaker 3: This is good.
Speaker 4: We'll see if others you know out there talking seminal we're going to talk probably about the bestop soon just also do the same.
Speaker 1: It also gave me a thought just again seeing how much attention that this EPT event was getting, how much it was grabbing our attention, and I immediately started to think of if I'm the Aussie Millions which is coming back next year, Yeah, this is the type of attention I need to grab from the poker community. Yeah, Like I need to make it feel like like whether or not the event necessarily does well, like which I hope it does well. Yes, but it's not like it's not just about smashing numbers in the first year being back for the Auzie Millions. It's about grabbing that attention, you know, people coming out of it that might not have gone because going into it, there's probably some people that are on the fence that are like, well, is it really back.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let me see how the first one goes. But if they see it and it smashes and then everyone's like, oh, I need to go again, Auzie Millions is back. Like so that's what I would be chasing if I was Auzie Millions. So, you know, this gave me a feel of like when I used to look at Auzzie Millions. When I say this, I mean this APT Championship Series. You know, it gave me a feel of like, oh, like I miss Auzie Millions. I want to go there. I want to be there. So you know, hopefully let's let's see how Auzie Millions goes and if they can capture you know, some of the buzz similar to what the APT Championship just did. BSOP Millions another tournament series that it was on our radar.
Speaker 2: It was like a whole super high Roller series.
Speaker 4: Basically, they had like a high Rollers series and they had a like a Nava series with it.
Speaker 1: Yea, And the BSOP is absolutely just bananas big, Like it's just grown and grown and grown every single year. It looks like madness down there. I've been to Brazil a couple of times. You went there at least once with me shout out Florianopolis. But the poker, I don't know what the poker is still like down there. When we were there, it was like ten years behind, yes, So I don't know if it's caught up. Obviously, there are some very very good Brazilian players. I guess been unfortunate to play against them in some WSP events over the last couple of years, and they're always a giant freaking handful to deal with at the table. But yeah, I mean, Brazil is just absolutely popping when it comes to poker. So another spot where I think people are gonna want to go to, especially if they can now go there and expect to get in a bunch of higher buy and stuff, right, I mean, like you had guys like Martin Cabrell was down there, Like yeah, I mean obviously Martin Carrell is a very polarizing person, but still like they got him down there to play a huge high roller series of events. So stuff like that I think is good for them and we'll see how that goes going forward. In the main events, Brazil's Alan Philippe won the BSOP Championship for six hundred and eighty three thousand dollars. There was a three way deal. He was wearing a no gamble in the future three quarter zip. No. You know, I'm on stream playing a hand with him in the WSP main event from day four this year. This guy, this is the guy when I had Queen Jack and he tried to bluff me in yeah, top pair. I think he went three streets. He raised from the button of the cutoff I called small black.
Speaker 3: I was I think I'm on the right for that.
Speaker 1: Hen. Yeah, but there was that gentleman. So he goes on to have success here. Now this event, they came out saying like this is going to be the largest guarantee in.
Speaker 2: Like South American poker history.
Speaker 1: However, they phrased it four million dollar guarantee, which I think fell a little bit short. Seven hundred and fourteen entries in this thing. I believe the buy in when you converted to USD was writer on six k or something like that, so fell a little bit short. But still it seems like they are very very bullish on making this happen. I mean, they were doing things like they obviously streamed it in a lot of places, but they even had like an English commentary team, which I think Jeff Gross Maria Hoo like we're on the English channel, Like they had a BSOP English channel all set up. So obviously they have the Brazilian channel, but then they did other languages too, you know, just trying to blast this far and wide. Martin Carell won an event down there. He won the thirty K super high Roller for four hundred and twenty two thousand, Philippe Boyanovski won the fifty K super high Roller for six hundred and forty thousand, Automar Ladva won the twenty K one day Super high Roller for three hundred and twenty one thousand dollars, and z Nick Zizka won the one hundred K super high Roller main event for one point two million. He beat Philippe Boyanovski who won that fifty k super high Roller, and then boy Kofsky here cash in second for seven or sixty k. And the reason why I want to read through those events there is because again it shows you, like what this series is trying to be. Yeah, thirty k by and fifty k by and twenty k like hundred k like these are big.
Speaker 2: This is like Triton level type of stuff.
Speaker 3: So American.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I mean, and it goes to show I mean, listen, these events weren't massive, shut out massive, but forty four entries, forty entries, fifty eight thirty six for the Hunter K Like, I mean, that's not nothing. Lot of money, especially for the first time out in Brazil. So you know, we'll see if this thing sticks around and if they can build on it. But now it seems like, you know, if you are a high roller and super high roller type of player, you now have a new stop on the calendar, and that is down in Brazil for the BSOP. I mean, before the BSOP, at least as I know, it was more small, mid major type.
Speaker 2: Of buy ins.
Speaker 1: But you know, you get you have like a two K tournament that gets five thousand people like that sort of stuff. Right, this is kind of going the other way now, but I guess in the vein of trying to have something for everyone. So so yeah, so they got that going for them. WPT also happened the Seminal Rock and Roll Poker Open that wrapped up recently, what a week ago or so. I actually thought that they were playing that FILEL table here Wednesday. Yeah, true, a couple of days ago, I thought they were going to play that found table here. I was like watching it and following it, and like, you know, I love following the PT events. The seminal ones are always big. You know, you get a lot of notables in there, a lot of good action. They often stream stuff from down there so you can watch, et cetera. Like I'm watching. I'm watching and watching. They set the final table, and I like forgot about it because I just assumed that, similar to what they did for Bay one on one, they were going to pause it, bring them out to Vegas here for during the WPT World Championship and do it here. But they just played it out because then somebody texted me like it was our friend Monawar, who was down there working for WPT. He texted me like about the guy who wanted like to check out a hand or something, and I was like, I thought they were stopping for the for the tournament. But Kevin Nee won it. Six hundred and five thousand dollars for him he beat Joel Gola three hundred ninety five K for him. Aramzobian Branda bars regular on the PGT third place for him two hundred ninety five K. Chad Eaves Legged fourth place for two hundred and twenty K nanod medic seventh place in that. One interesting thing that I noticed about this event is this is now the fifth year that we've seen a decline, which it's not an enormous decline, but I would say it is an enormous de well, okay, I mean, but I'll say that it's one of those things where like, you know, like when we talk about the wsp Man event, for example, and if the wsp Man event got eighty five players, everyone would freak out right, But on the other side of things, it's like you still got an you still got eighty five hundred players for a ten K freeze out. You know, when basically everyone's broken, the economies and the shitter, so like it's still good, right, So like that that's the good spin. There's always good spin, there's negative spin whatever. So this like the negative spin, like you're saying, is it went from last year when fourteen thirty five this year twelve twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: Now I'll say, okay, you're having a what's this thirty five hundred dollars buying?
Speaker 2: You still got more.
Speaker 1: Than twelve players, Really good, you beat the big guarantee, all that sort of stuff. But you and I often talk about trends, like once you start seeing the trend, that's when the concern starts to grow. And twenty twenty one coming out of the pandemic, fifteen hundred and sixty six, next year fifteen forty one, next year twenty twenty three, fourteen forty seven, then fourteen thirty five, now twelve twenty four. Now I have no reason idea why this is happening necessarily. I mean, my guess is maybe some seminal fatigue combined with the stuff that we just talked about. You know, there's just other events, like a lot of people, you know, I read off those names, Anthony who a j Kelsol, Like, was he in Florida?
Speaker 2: I mean to be in Florida for like the tail end of stuff, right.
Speaker 4: No, I think he just posted something where he just just getting back with something, so he probably.
Speaker 1: Okay, Dylan Lindy like, like those are players that I would assume would go to Seminole always, right, especially when you know now it's you kind of go to Seminole, you hang out in Florida and you top the pond and go to Bahamas, like that's the plan. So my overall take, I don't have a take like as it relates specifically to WPT, but I guess my overall thought and you know you and I won't get into too many specifics. But our friend Matt Savage, listener of the pod, we did have a text exchange between us where it's like, there's just too much poker these days. I mean we feel it too, like there's there's so much fucking poker, and like, is it bad that there's some Like it's both good but also it's obviously good that in the sense that there's just a lot of poker to be played and it's available everywhere you look, right, you can play anything you want probably any buy in from a freaking three hundred dollars tournament all the way up to one hundred k down in Brazil. Well, you can do whatever you want, okay. And it's there's stuff all over the world at any time, even this month, there's like six series here in Vegas, there's WSP Paradise, there's Progue, like, there's all this sort of stuff. But also it's like, is it gonna suffer? Like are events gonna go down in numbers because things are spaced out more? Maybe the totality of all the entries of like Poker's poker players playing at one point is like rising, but events start to kind of go down or people start to go elsewhere. And then and this is where you bring it back to seminal. If you're somebody like Seminole and you're seeing this like five year trend of it going down, do you then lower guarantee which isn't necessarily good for the players?
Speaker 2: Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's just like, is there just is there too much? I mean, you're you're more in the streets on this than I am because you deal with PGT and the scheduling stuff.
Speaker 2: So what are your thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, there is too much, but these operators all want their money, so they're going to keep putting events on. Doesn't really matter what they how they how it affects the playapool. Like just like you said, you look at Vegas right now. We have the win, we have Aria, we have all lanes, we have plann of Hollywood, Resorts World, we have Resorts World, we have kind of us all running something, you know. I mean, we really have one events, so it doesn't it's not really the same.
Speaker 1: But still, I mean, everything's going on today. I would say that I would have hoped our numbers would have topped two hundred. They didn't, and there's a lot going on.
Speaker 3: I yeah, there's too much going on, but I think you know.
Speaker 1: Oh there's Venetian too. Don't forget about Venetian. They got out a huge series that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, Venation because yeah, I think you know, And look, Matt Savage will probly send us a text tomorrow about this. But I think that Seminole could make one change right now to send those numbers back up to fourteen hundred, no problems.
Speaker 1: What's that five million dollar guarantee which they could easily hit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by the way, I would change their starting flights because they've always owned this with this Thanksgiving window, right, which is Friday Saturday is day one A and one B, right, And that's fine. People don't really care about Thanksgiving, or you're targeting locals or people going to fly in on the Friday.
Speaker 3: But I think there's enough players that you know.
Speaker 4: They want to spend the Thursday with the family, they don't really want to rush or were they're going to fly in on Friday and play only one B. Now, if you just went to which we would probably say is are better flights, better days for starting flights, which is Friday. Like if we just go to the weekend, because we both agree that Friday Saturday is the best. But just for this specific event, you move just to the weekend to give the out of towners, the Vegas people, the people coming from the East, stop North wherever, one extra day, one extra travel day, so they can play one day in full gust. Though, I think that little change would probably do a lot of good for this event, because you know it like it is. We're saying, if you looked at the chip counts, you' seeing a lot of people flying in from overseas playing this event, you know, playing the ten k high roll of the twenty five k high roll then shooting over to Paradise. But I think to try and boost those those numbers in the main event just audible one day Saturday Sunday fights.
Speaker 1: I think that also that also allows them to get closer to Wsby Paradise, which I think is good. Like, so there's like it's it's like basically right on, it's like one day in between, if that right now, But like are people really going for like the first day of Doubsby Paradise. They might take a day or two into it, because that first event is like what the twenty.
Speaker 3: Events are depends what the first event is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I would basically like I would have if you're going to continue to have this final table down there, then you have that final table like one or two days later, which if in your case, if you're bumping those starting voices there, that's gonna happen, yeah, and then you like really butt up with that way people can make like let's say day three of this WPT, then basically the next day they're on the flight to Paradise, as opposed to having two days off or you know, something kind of in between, because the traveling poker players really do just in my opinion, like to hop from stop to stop.
Speaker 2: They don't just play.
Speaker 4: We had players at Seminole texting me so asking about, you know, our event, and I saw them on social playing an event the night before the next day they were here.
Speaker 3: You know, they're going to play the events. They're going to book them.
Speaker 4: They're going to book the Red Eye or they're going to book that early am flight and get here. And these guys don't really, to be honest, they don't really plan that far ahead.
Speaker 1: No, that's not a dig it any of them.
Speaker 4: But they're basically playing and then they're just gonna you know, they're not gonna.
Speaker 2: Like they just they book a flight and then they're not.
Speaker 4: On diming flights and stuff like that. They're like, Okay, I'm done, I'm jumping on this next fight, get home, play this event. You know, we have people asking us like about end, like when is light registration because they're gonna fly here and harpe to at least get a bullet in time.
Speaker 1: I mean, people were trying to come here to play that win eight hundred. Yeah, you know, they were like when's the night flight and like when can I get in you know that sort of stuff. So yeah, like they like in the case of Florida, because it's so close to the Bahamas, they would like want to fly to the Bahamas land, put their ship in their room and go play a tournament, like like.
Speaker 2: Just go you know.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, I think that could be, you know a little bit better time than I do agree with you that having those those flights for this series, specifically because of the Thanksgiving just this one, you know.
Speaker 2: But we'll but we'll see well, I mean, we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 1: But again, Kevin Knee, winner of the WPT Seminole Hard Rock Rock and Roll poker ope or six hundred and what six hundred and something k six oh five. I think it was so good on him. It's gonna say knee. It's gonna say knee on the trophy. kN Yeah, knee.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: All right, poker drama. I guess we can just give her quick takes. We're bringing it back up a lot of poker drama. In the past couple of weeks, we had a social media post on Twitter from Club WPT Gold, which came from sashimi, but then was shared by club WPT Gold that seemed to piss off like every don't know everyone, so you had that that kind.
Speaker 2: Of started everything.
Speaker 1: Then Abby Murk she kind of came at them, but then people came at her for being hypocritical, like she was saying, like, you can't do this with like the social post was a woman like.
Speaker 2: Which I saw the interview with her, but she like doesn't have social media, I think.
Speaker 1: But anyway, she was like tourking and dancing and gyrating on a table, like throwing chips around, like the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Because she won and all ladies.
Speaker 1: I had no idea what the genesis of it was, but thankfully you did the digging there. So then you know, the abbing comes to WPT saying you shouldn't post the stuff, what are you guys doing? Then there's that whole thing like WPD, what the heck are you doing to your brand? Blah blah blah, this whole thing. Then people jump on Abbie Murk because she had some rather revealing posts on her social media, you know, so it's like, well, how come you can? How come you're calling out them? But then you act this way. I kind of I think I'm like straddling the fence there where I don't know. It's I feel like brands should be upheld to a certain standard versus an individuals act. Now, I will also say that because of that, the messenger probably shouldn't have been Abby, because it was like, as soon as I saw what she said, I knew.
Speaker 3: They're gonna come.
Speaker 2: The poker community is coming for her, like you just you know, the poker community is coming. That's what they do.
Speaker 1: They latched their teeth into something and they are coming on social media.
Speaker 2: So there's the bit.
Speaker 4: I had a problem with the most and you know, stand up for Abby a little bit.
Speaker 3: Here they called out.
Speaker 4: Her recent session of No Gamble in My Future, our show where we filmed and we live streamed. And for those that are unaware, No Game in the Future has a wheel of pain. You gotta do punishments. Okay, she was playing the biggest stakes of her life, right and she was she was, you know whatever, she was playing this game. She had to spin the wheel, she had to do jumping jacks. Okay, she's doing jumping jacks and stapes. You know, the Wheelmaster General was covering her up with his coat because you know women, you know jumping Okay, you guys.
Speaker 3: Get the picture.
Speaker 4: And now even our cameramen were like sometimes just just showing the shoes, so they were respecting what you know was going on there. Now she was called out for doing jumping jacks and then she before back was like, it's the punishment, you have to do it, and then Matt Burkie chim means like, you don't have to do the punishment. Well, the whole point of the show is to like spin the wheel and do the punishment.
Speaker 1: So I will say that also on that show there was times when like like philm wasn't doing any punishments, he was basically buying out, which I thought was absolutely yes, like it's just can't like no that show if the wheel is in play. And there are other instances like later on in that week, because we did a whole week with live streaming, there was no Gamble in the Future live without the wall in play. So you either if you play and the wheel is in play, you have to do the punishments end of story or the punt of the way to get out of it. The penalty is like a lot of money, like five K or something fucking ridiculous. I just think it's unfair to single out that when she's kind of forced to do it, and that's kind of mean, that's that's silly yet. But the other stuff you definitely knew that people were going to come from. Yeah, she's posted some saucy pictures and some you know, some shorts.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing that she's trying to grow her social and you know, she's been on a pretty dramatic increase in followers and views, and she's you know, obviously a bet MGM ambassador. Now she's done what you're supposed to do. She's followed the game plan for social media, you know, content creators. Uh, kind of simple of that as it is.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, listen, she might need to learn just through experience that, you know, because she's still in the in the grand scheme of poker, like, she's still on the newer side of things. Yeah, you know, not that that's on a knock against her, she's just newer to the community or whatever.
Speaker 2: So she's just gonna have.
Speaker 1: To learn how to navigate these situations. And you know, eventually she'll learn to just roll with the punches and and and leverage it to her advantage, you know where like you know, like, yeah, okay, I post a picture on my underwear a day in life of Pokemon. I don't give a shit. I'm an individual. This is the World Poker tour that runs around talking about how prestigious they.
Speaker 2: Are, you know, saying like why why are they doing that?
Speaker 1: Like it's just it's just ridiculous anyway, Like but anyway, that was that happened. But then, you know, not to be outdone, she just gets thrown to the side because here comes the whole AI issue. There don't be a big docu series, which you and I had planned to talk about. I don't know if you had a chance to watch any of it.
Speaker 3: I'm fully caught up.
Speaker 2: Well what does that even mean?
Speaker 1: Because everything that was violable watch I don't even know what at what point did they get to before they had to pull it.
Speaker 3: I think we're on episode five.
Speaker 1: The reason why I say that I had the privilege to watch the entire thing ahead of time, about a week ahead of time, so I watched it from start to finish.
Speaker 2: But I don't know in the real world.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: Eight, I think we're on five or six.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this happens Dustin and Ian Atti, who, of course, back in April I think, put a pretty polarizing Twitter post out there saying he's gonna like shake up the entire poker world with this new content. Do it all differently, tell the stories the way they need to be told, like the whole thing. Right that that, in and of itself created a whole thing on social media. Right fast forward to now, they released this docu series and a couple episodes go by Alan Keating, who was featured in the docu series, who has a working relationship with Artisans on Fire, the production company that Dustin owns that did this. He said that he claimed on social media that they used AI to like put words in his mouth and stuff, like they mimicked his voice and took some quotes and whatever Dustin comes out with, like basically an apology that was like a non apology. Everyone jumps down his throat like it's a whole thing. What I thought was interesting though, was that I hope I have this right, but I'm pretty sure. Alan Keen then deleted that tweet after so like but like so I don't know, like, so did he not mean it? Like and if he didn't mean it, why would you come out publicly like that, especially when you have a relationship.
Speaker 2: Not that not that what they did or didn't do is right or wrong. Like I'm not getting into that.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like, it just seems weird that he pulled something down when he put it out there, because putting it out there for as long as it was out there, I mean, that did the damage right there. That was it, Like the thing was cooked. Then later on, you know, w speed decides to pull it down, and you know that's that. I have no idea if it's going to come back. I mean, do you have any thoughts there?
Speaker 2: Like I kind of don't. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm maybe I'm just an idiot and I'm naive, but like I'm like, I don't know. I don't think the AI thing is that bad personally, I don't. I don't know, Like I mean, I wouldn't have done it. I don't think you should do it. But I also don't think it was like as bad as people were making it seem. Also people were there was something around people going around about how it was kind of edited out of context to make it a certain way, And I was thinking, like, has anyone ever watched any reality show ever.
Speaker 3: That's how the old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you know, you got to create heroes and villains and tell a story a certain way and like all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, I was enjoying it. You know, I'll kind of watch anything Pucker related, Puck of vlogs, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Was enjoying it it.
Speaker 4: You know, maybe you know, dust In, any team should have hey he just said to said to Alan, look we want.
Speaker 2: To Yeah they should.
Speaker 1: They should have been like, hey, listen, we need to fix this here. We're thinking about doing this. Are you okay with it? Give us your sign off? If not, then I don't know, you get him into the office and you do some voice or I don't know, you try and solve it in another way.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you definitely got to reach out ahead of time. So but the whole thing just.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's like another the whole this is the whole happened in like a week's time, and it was just kind of shitty. I guess for poker in general that like this is all just everyone's just fighting on on on Twitter about everything that's happening, and it's like everyone's got to fight, everyone's got to have a take on it. Everyone's got to get involved, everyone's got to do this and that. And I was like, can't we just talk about like how cool poker is and how fun it is to play in these banana's hands that are you know, being played, and you know all this sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't know you've I mean, both of both you and I talked to Dustin, played with Dustin and stuff, and obviously he had a deep run here in the true classic rags of riches.
Speaker 2: Really want to satellite and cast?
Speaker 3: Yeah, must be nice.
Speaker 2: Are better players than another?
Speaker 1: That's what I got to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, I haven't ask him anything about it. That's probably a saw subject, you know for him, So I'm not going to kind of dig into it. But I'm my guess is that probably going to re edit some stuff and probably re release it, you know post.
Speaker 1: I also thought it was interesting that they took all of them down. Yeah, so does that mean there was more stuff elsewhere that we don't know about? Does or did they just because they just didn't want to deal with the whole thing, they just took all that, Like, I don't think it was only the one episode with Allen.
Speaker 4: Then I think it's a WSP directive, you know that probably quick rash things say hey, take them off, you know, take them down, and then we'll revisit each episode. So you know, look, maybe there's some AI in all the episodes. Maybe it's just Alan's, but I think that does.
Speaker 1: Soon everyone's going to be using AI to create everything anyone.
Speaker 2: I mean, it doesn't even matter.
Speaker 4: What's so funny is like I saw I'm not going to name who sent the tweet, but like someone sent a tweet that was so obviously AI, and like, I mean, everyone uses it. It's just kind of part of everyday life now, Like I use it, but like in different ways. A lot of people use it in certain different ways. I use it as Google now, so instead of Googling, I chatch GPT my questions.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's definitely becoming a tool to help people with a lot of things, which you know, I think a lot of obviously a lot of people are very doom and gloom that like AI is going to take over the world, It's going to take a bunch of people's jobs away, and like all that sort of stuff, which I don't entirely disagree with, but I also don't fully agree with in that, Like, I'm not totally doom and gloom with it, you know, I just look at it like it's a tool, and it's a tool that a lot of people can leverage to do things. Now, that same tool is very likely going to take away jobs, and it likely already has taken away jobs. That said, that same tool can also allow people to create new jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right.
Speaker 1: For example, if I'm working in marketing, like I do, you know, maybe I can leverage various AI tools to do different things. Hey, create this graphic for me, do this and whatever, and like you have to still work with it and prompt it certain ways and whatever. So maybe I don't need an entire marketing team. Under mean, maybe I can be a one stop shop. Right, but you can keep the same thing.
Speaker 2: But let me say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, but let me say that if I become more efficient, maybe we don't need the team, and then we get rid of the team. Okay, by the way, this did not happen. I'm just speaking hypotheticals. Okay, Now let's say that team, right, everyone on that team, maybe they go out and they create their own marketing agency because they can do all this stuff themselves, you know. So it's like, on one side of things, yes, it took away these jobs, but on the other side of things, it does create a path if you are willing to put in the work and learn this stuff that you could do that you know, like in like a big one is obviously the movie industry. You know, it's going to take away there was that whole strike and all the writers and all that sort of stuff. Like yeah, okay, but like what if you flipped it and as a writer you decided to start creating AI movies and stuff and put that in or on YouTube or put it out there on social media or like you try and go that, right, I don't know, you know, I'm just throwing stuff against the wall. I'm not fully like doom and Gloom with it. I think it's going to have some damage that it does, yes, but I think it's also going to allow things to be created that are pretty cool.
Speaker 4: So the biggest way I say it, like I kind of said efficiency, is that when you have work projects, I think the timelines of these projects are now shortening, meaning you can get more work in sure, you can do more work, tackle more projects. So I think that's when you used properly, that's kind of the benefit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, I don't think that you should rely on it, you know, I look at it like, I mean, this is probably a bad analogy, but whatever. But like back in the day, you know, you used to learn a bunch of math in school, and all we do now is just use calculators. Like you have a calculator on your phone, you have calculator in your watch, you have a calculare on your computer.
Speaker 2: Like it doesn't matter. You just punch things in. You don't really have to do the math at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: Like back in the day, we all thought like, oh, we can't use the clculars, we have to do it all by hand because we actually have to learn it. Yeah, when it's like at the end of the day, no, you just use the calculator, the calculator as a tool to make you more efficient with things, you know. So I don't know, maybe that's a bad analogy, maybe it's not.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Then of course that just goes by the wayside. Because Maurice Hawkins got beat up in a poker which like there was a player, there was a video of a player fighting Maurice Hawkins in a poker game and it in a private game and it looked like a house. Yeah, I don't know where it was, but yeah there was. I think there was a second video that came out later on where like the first video looked like I mean, I didn't know at the time when I was watching the video, but it looked like the guy basically jumped Maurice. That's what it looked like, because Maurice kind of wasn't fighting back and looked like he was caught off garden, was off balance. So maybe the guy like you know, blindsided him or you know, cold cocked him from the side or whatever it was. But then the other video was it seemed like it was after the first part where Maurice was like, I think he was saying stuff like, you know, come at me now type of thing, like I'm like, I'm squared up, ready to go, as opposed to you know, coming at me from the side or jumping mirror or doing whatever. So so then that happened, which also turned into the whole Maurice Hawkins and Chat Holloway thing Chat Halloway from Pokerers and now Chad Is has openly invited Maurice Hawkins to come on.
Speaker 2: The Poker News podcast and talk about this.
Speaker 1: They might be the bodyguard tude in between them. I don't know if Ben Ludlow and Mike Holtz are gonna be able to do it. Shout out to those guys, but yeah, that would be something to see.
Speaker 3: So basically, think he's being invited several times and it's never.
Speaker 1: Basically the entire poker community on social media is a giant dumpster fire right now. I mean, if you like drama and entertainment and all that sort of stuff, I guess, get your popcorn and enjoy it. But but yeah, it's just absolutely wild. So that's all the that's all the drama that's been going down in the last two weeks or so. I'm sure we're going to see more of it over the next month, just with how much poker is happening on the other side of things. I will say that two things I'm excited for. One, I'm really digging Jeremy Osma's new vlog. I think it's awesome. I mostly like it because you're just getting raw insight and strategy from one of the absolute best poker players in the world, which is great. Because this is out there on YouTube and it is totally free. He's only done two episodes right now, but it's freaking great for somebody who wants to constantly try and get into the mind of these top players and learn from them. So if you guys haven't checked that out already, I would highly encourage you to go check out Jeremy Osmas's vlog on YouTube. It definitely also feels like one of those things where it's definitely unpolished. Yeah, I mean, you know, and you know in terms of like how good it looks, the editing, that sort of stuff work in progress. But I'm sure if you look back at like Brad Owen's first flog or whoever, like it probably wasn't the greatest thing in the world, right, So that's gonna come along. But the content self, the insight is a plus. The other thing I'm looking forward to is now that it's December, now that it is WSB Paradise time, we get the negran new vlogs back already.
Speaker 3: Watch do you watch it today?
Speaker 1: I did not watch it today. I would know I did not watch it today. But I'm ready to go home and start binging those every single day. Straight from Paradise. Like I just he's the most popular, biggest, well known poker player in the world, and he puts out every single day of his poker playing. And it's you know, it's as opposed to Ozma's where Ozma's is more deeper into the strategy stuff. I mean Agrand who has some strategy stuff, yes, but it's just more generalized. And I don't know, it's just cool to peel back the curtain on that type of a list player. So I'm really happy that those two things are back.
Speaker 4: One other bug came out today. Oh yeah, Mario Muzzbuck. Oh yeah it yeah, I watched that. That was actually very good today as well. So okay, lots of high stakes pup vlogs.
Speaker 3: For you to watch this month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really interesting because is it going to be a seth Davy's flog he's doing like the short film content. But yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Definitely doing the short form cunt.
Speaker 1: I mean he's been filming, you obviously know, so I don't know if he's going to actually go vlog or just continue with the short form sus. This stuff is great too, Like it's it's really really good. Some of it is a little kind of click baity, but I'm I think that's kind of I mean, I get what he's doing, I get it, but it's it's interesting that for a long time, like the the high Stakes players didn't really care to log. They just played, you know, and it's almost like they don't they didn't want to reveal stuff. They didn't want to give it out there. And not that not that Daniel was necessarily doing it, but you know, the people like Jeremy Osma, said Davies, et cetera, like Mario Moss Block, like that's it's really cool to see that. I've always thought for the longest time that Phil hellmu should have a vlog. That thing would absolutely positively do numbers. I don't care if he talks a single ounce of strategy, but like, just be the while Phil, yeah, and just do it on camera. And I feel like Phil is at the stage in his career where you would just hire someone be like, hey, buddy, follow me twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna drop thirty seven thousand billionaire names in one episode. But but like people would eat that up, Like I cannot believe the content person, I mean, the marketing person in me cannot believe somebody who promotes promotes promotes like Phil Helmet does. Saw the vlog that Daniel mcgrown who does and doesn't do one himself, That to me is a huge miss. I mean, come on, Phil, like it's just incredible, Like it should happen. That would be great. And we're in the day the day and age now where you know, people are just creating their own content. So you know, I think you got to go out there and do it yourself. Someone else, I think, And he joked about it on social media, Jeremy Beck, let's go back to make a big walk.
Speaker 2: Let's let's go. Oh, I think we talked enough nonsense.
Speaker 3: We gotta do a draft though, Oh god, we do have to do a draft.
Speaker 1: Because I'm getting blown out of this stupid freaking draft that I put together that I thought I that I thought I was going to kick your freaking ass with and I was for a long time and then all of a sudden you just went nuts. But you like wanted to do something different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we should do something different just because we we didn't draft for Texas because you know, we had none of our players going. So I think for this one. We have two more series for the year, plus Super Higher roller Ball. I think we should do a draft for Paradise Fresh draft, five new faces, and then we'll do a one for Last Chance, completely new. So there's a Paradise and superher Paradise and Super High roller Ball and then Last Chance.
Speaker 3: Okay, so since you were trailing.
Speaker 1: Best pick as Yosa, all right, Jeremy Osmas, Really, Jeremy fucking Ozma's baby. I got two picks, right, let's go, Yes, two picks. Give me d Naggs, give me Alex Foxon. Well, I'm gonna be buried even more. That's great, uh, Jesse Lonis and and I have no fucking clue this guy's going anywhere.
Speaker 2: Sam's over.
Speaker 4: Oh that's who I was thinking. Good snot give me. It wasn't the guy that I thought of, but that's who I was gonna take. Stevie Chadwick, Isaac Hackson.
Speaker 1: I have no idea who's in the Bahamas. I've just been doing this event here. I have no idea what's going on down there. I mean, I guess I could just draft him. I mean it seems like a gambull. All right, whatever, Jason Kuhn, it's a good one. I mean, I have no idea if he's gonna play super Lev or what he's going to do with his life.
Speaker 4: I'm not even drafting for the one hundred k as much. I'm more drafting for Paradise. Yeah, true, but I mean, obviously I have some people that will probably play the hundred k bit I'm thinking just Paradise. This is only PGT events, yeah, the ones that Yeah, yes, only PGT events.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember what the PGT events are. I gotta right here.
Speaker 3: Let me read about to you real quick.
Speaker 4: You have the fifty k high roll that's as smart, ten k super PLO plusus, the twenty five k main event, the ten K EIGHTK mix, the fifty k PLO high Roller, and the twenty five k GG millions.
Speaker 2: All right, I guess I gotta go Sean Deep.
Speaker 3: God damn it, that was it.
Speaker 2: I guess I gotta go Sean Deep. You screwed it up.
Speaker 1: You read the list and I said, oh, those those actually fittingto Sean Deep's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I was not taking it. Okay, give me.
Speaker 4: Jossamou you only have one pick, by the way, No wait, no too, No, okay, away, hold.
Speaker 2: On exactly read my team again, the Grand New Fox and Chidwick.
Speaker 3: I mean Joe's going to play the Peelos. We played the mix.
Speaker 2: Joe is really good appeal.
Speaker 3: Definitely not taking Nick Shulman.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: He was the one that I was like, I don't even know what he's gonna do. Where is he? Do we even know he is there?
Speaker 4: I know exactly where he is. He's sitting in going down setting bedding lines for the bowling. Actually, I've heard that bowling is off for a while. That might mean he is going or at least focusing on the wind.
Speaker 1: Is it off because he's going, or is it off because everyone's fucking buried? Could be the It's most likely a combination of I've heard some people are buried in the bowling.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna stick with my my Brazilian pick John all right, all right, Joel, depending who you pick, I know who who my backup was.
Speaker 1: But I got Ozma's, Lona's Silver Roll, Coon and Deep. You got near New Fox and Chidwick, Hackston and SOMEU I was flirting with, you know, but he's there, you know in Dalla Sam's overall.
Speaker 4: But he might not play as big he might play it. Feel like because he's there, he's playing it. That's Mike News who knows.
Speaker 1: All right, I think that's it. How much here's a question for you.
Speaker 4: How much do you think you'll spend in the next three weeks playing poker twenty one?
Speaker 3: Are you serious? Are you playing the main event?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: How do you get to twenty you rich?
Speaker 2: I mean eight bolts and WPT prime. Okay, that's a K eighty eight hundred.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, it's eleven hundred, eight eight hundred.
Speaker 1: There's a twenty two hundred dollars at Venetian the poker event, a million dollar guaranteed.
Speaker 2: There, yep, there's I'm playing.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not planning to play the WPT World Championship the ten k. By the way, it was a funny tweet that Eric Baldwin had, you know, like I love mysteries, I love quests, but I like a big guaranteed ten care or something like that, like which was way better. Of course, I we'll play the eleven dollar, one hundred c guarantee satellite, but that happens on the same day that I want to play the twenty two hundred dollars Venetian which that event that twenty two hundred dollar at Venetian million dollar guarantee. I mean, that's a fucking stretch for them. Like that's a big Like it only has two day ones. The first day one happens on day one d of prime, so like that's I mean, that's like a that's a reach. I mean, listen, I love to see it. I'm all for no fake guarantees, you know I am, But that is that's gonna be something. So we'll see how that one goes. So, yeah, that eleven hundred dollars one about twelve twelve one.
Speaker 2: There is.
Speaker 1: There's another two million dollar guarantee eleven hundred as part of the WPT series.
Speaker 2: So there's that gonna put two bullets in that. I mean, hopefully I don't put you three.
Speaker 1: After Christmas, Venetian has like this New Year's series in combination with the MSPT there's a sixty hundred dollars five hundred K guarantee to well I don't know about this one, and it.
Speaker 2: Goes into the next year.
Speaker 1: Like there's like a twenty two hundred like right after the New Year, which I haven't This isn't even in this package that I put together because I don't know.
Speaker 2: We can talk about this next. I'll tell you in a second. But hold on.
Speaker 1: So I have that, there's like and then there's like I don't know, there's like a two hundred and fifty k either a six hundred and eight hundred, like, I mean, there's a lot of stuff in there. I mean, hold on, I have a right here because I have my package up. Yeah, eight bolts in that twenty two hundred. That oh, there's at the win there's a sixteen hundred dollars one million dollar guarantee.
Speaker 3: So there's that. It's a lot of events.
Speaker 1: There's that eleven hundred. Oh, the the five hundred k evnation is an eleven hundred, not a sixteen hundred. Sorry, So yeah, the package comes to twenty one thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: I've only mean, I'm not even gonna spend like four K.
Speaker 1: But but I'm but I'm giving myself. Man, how many bullts do I have here? Nineteen bullets?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I mean she gets some Yeah, I mean just backprime deck.
Speaker 1: Last package I played, I got fucking zero. So like what you know, I mean, I hope I do well, but you never know. Aria has the series here. Yeah, right, they have their main event is I believe a sixteen hundred dollar main event. I think it's two day ones and then a day two five hundred K guarantee. You know, I I want to play that. I don't know if I will, but yeah, there's a lot of stuff that's going on in the city. It's also one of those things where like I've written these events down in my schedule. These are like the targets that I'm gonna play, but I don't know. Let's say I bag the first day of Prime Perfect and I have all that extra money, like I might just find other stuff because like there's so much stuff for.
Speaker 3: Some sound day events here at Aria, So that's probably.
Speaker 1: There's single single day stuff here at Aria. There's stuff at Venetian, there's the resorts. It's like there's shit literally everywhere. There's stuff every I think every night at the Win because I played some of these last year, they have like in eleven hundred dollars buying like two hundred k turbo basically, like it's just like this is NonStop poker. I mean it's bananas here in the month of December. So yeah, I mean I'm gonna try and go. Now, my question is, I have no idea what's gonna happen next year with this tax thing. I honestly have no idea. I hear I talk to one person there, you know, roses and rainbows and fucking unicorns, like it's gonna be cool, it's gonna be fine, it might get fixed, who cares. I talk to other people and everyone's like totally doom and gloom. I'm not playing anything above two K. I'm only gonna play on offshore sites or crypto sites or all that sort of stuff. I'm only gonna play cash games, like you know. So I have no idea what to expect. Yeah, I personally don't want to like break even on a year and have to pay a lot more money in taxes. I don't want to do that, you know, as much as I love playing poker tournaments and that's what I want to play, I mean I can't. I mean, you're basically getting hit with another ten percent of rate, which is insane.
Speaker 2: So I don't. I have no idea what to expect.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe it's one of those things where like I look at it and I say, you know what, I'll just bite the bullet because if if the players that play at my level of buy ins regularly, the pros opt to not play the tournaments because of the taxes, because those type of guys, you know, they I don't put in the volume that they do, right, So maybe they they because they put in such a high volume. Look at Jeremy Becker for example. You know I'm out there playing to see him in all the tournaments, right, I mean, how much does he spend in buyings a year at like the let's say three K and let's say six hundred to three K buying level, he probably spends fucking three hund K and buyt say, yeah, okay, fifty at least. So for somebody like him, is he gonna play all those tournaments again? Because if he breaks even on let's say three under K and byens, he can only write off two seventy, so he gets taxed on that thirty K difference, Like you know what I mean. So so those players maybe they don't play, which what I'm getting at is then because if you have less Jeremi Becker's in the field, the field is just a bunch of recreationals that play like me.
Speaker 2: Now, whether they're serious or not.
Speaker 1: I would consider myself a serious recreational, you know, which doesn't mean that you're not. When I say recreational, I don't necessarily mean a bad player. I just mean somebody that doesn't put in a ton of volume. You know, you play between let's say ten to forty events a year. It just I think it makes the field a little bit softer. So do I then just bite the bullet and play in those events because the field might be a little bit softer?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Also, does the fact that if if it does turn out that less players are playing tournaments, do guarantees go down?
Speaker 2: Is it less lucrative to get out there? I don't know. I have no fucking idea what to expect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the casinos, the operators will have to kind of adjust guarantees. My viewpoint is that the Super Rex, you know, if they're going to have big scores, I don't think they're going to change their play until the next year when they get hit with the Texas. I don't think they ahead of it. I don't think they're thinking about it. They're just playing to play. They're not even aware of the tax changes. The more accomplished res. I think that would I would put kind of you know, the more aware rex, I'd say that's me. I don't think they'll do that much difference because it's hard to hit those you know, those taxable amounts, So I think that will say the same. I think the highest stakes people will probably not play as much or really value huntings. So the random, you know, high roller events may not be as good. But the ones with a lot of you know.
Speaker 1: The bigger the the bigger the field, I think those will kind of stay, you know the same. It's also one of those things where like I saw like Dinatitis, who's the center? Do I believe for Nevada? She had a whole thing out there. She's trying to get it changed. You know, the post that she put out there on social media has well over a million views on it. Like she's doing her work, okay, to try and get it changed because it's it's not fair, and I think she's calling the amendment like the Fair Bed Act and whatever. But then you see Tony Dunst like quote tweet her thing, and you know he's talking about how like how he thinks it's going to go Basically that it's bad, you have pads, Patrick Leonard putting the whole thing out on his Instagram. How it's a you know, all that sort of stuff. Now, what I'm getting at is people see people like Tony Dunsk Patrick Kleander, like the big names talking about how bad it is, and people are cheap, they will follow. So like the regular person might be like, well this person said it was bad, so it's bad. So I'm not gonna play like, so does that happen? You know, just like when we talked about how like remember it was like, hey, the pros need to stop wearing hoodies and sunglasses because all the recreationals just copy the pros. Like you just see what the pros do. You hear what the pros say, and you just think, okay, I'm just gonna follow that. So I mean, yes, the bill fucking sucks. It absolutely sucks that it's happening too. So I have no idea what's going to go on.
Speaker 4: There isn't there is a chance that you know it although it's in plant for IIA, it could be retroactively removed as in like and then it doesn't you know, you don't have to do your taxes until twenty twenty seven, So that is that kind of out for us. And my other thing is like, to be honest, what are these guys going to do if you're a lost fake, if you're a Jeremy Becka who actually like I just found out, just bought a computer.
Speaker 3: Online events and finished.
Speaker 1: But I was literally with him when he was like gonna buy the computer. We were at Venetian. He comes over to me. He's like, we're playing something I don't know with some eight hundred or some ship and he's like, you know what, I think I'm gonna go buy a computer. I was like, WHOA, Like you're gonna He's like, yeah, I think I'm gonna go buy one. He's like can I So like if I buy one?
Speaker 2: Can I just like? How do I get on SP?
Speaker 3: Can? I just?
Speaker 2: I was like, first of all, you can get on w SP right now on your phone.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh you can, like, buddy, yes, open the app store and I had to get I was like, okay, type in WIP, Yes, it's that one right there. You know, real money in ne battle like sign up you're in? Yeah, So he's he's in. He said he played two events to Brace two circuit events and finished ninth and night. Yeah, of course, so Jeremie Becker's what Jeremy Becker day. I mean, the thing is is like something much difference. I mean, those players, like I don't I don't know exactly what they're gonna do, but I feel like a fair amount of them might go play cash. Not that he but like maybe they all just go play cash, which kind of makes the cast game shitty because now it's a bunch of good players. So it's it's, you know, I don't know. I like the competition of tournaments. I like being able to chase like a first place prize and hopefully get to that. Like, I like tournaments a lot better. You know. Another thing is like again, people stop playing on sites that are tracked, They play on crypto sites, off shore sites, et cetera, like all that sort of stuff, which I don't want to do that you know, I probably won't, you know, So I don't know. It's it's just it's annoying and it's frustrating that it's happening. But it's happening and it's about to be here. So part of my playing this month is like, well, maybe this is just one last fucking Hurrah and let's just go out with a bang.
Speaker 2: Fuck it, Like who cares?
Speaker 1: You know. The other part of me is like, I don't know what's going to happen next year. I mean we've even talked about it on the pgt Are we gonna have to scale back buy ins and kind of change the way we structure the tour If higher buying players aren't frequenting those price points as much, who knows. At the end of the day, I want to always believe that no matter what happens, poker will always be there, no matter what, Like it'll always be like we joked, you know, there was a joke what three, four or five years ago everyone was always say, Poker's dead, Poker's dead, Poker's dead. Like, Poker's not dead, Poker's not going anywhere, you know. But at the end of the day, you still have to worry about your own bottom line. And you know, it's not easy now to play live and fight the rake and all that sort of stuff. The lower volume that you're able to get in live and whatnot, Like, yeah, maybe you can make up for some of it because live poker is a bit softer than online. But now you've got to worry about again another ten percent rake, which just sucks. So I don't know, I don't know what's going to happen. And yeah, I mean I'm definitely like I already know that. Like there's like there's some big stuff happening in January, like right away, like the win announced there.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what.
Speaker 1: It's called full signature series. It's one of their signature series. I don't know if it has a name, but they have they have one of those like happened, Like, am I just gonna like show up to win and just start blasting again?
Speaker 2: Like I don't know.
Speaker 4: I might.
Speaker 1: I'm probably just gonna play like a wait and see approach and I don't know, so we'll see. Or maybe I can just win a million dollars in December and say the hell with it?
Speaker 2: Who cares?
Speaker 1: I mean, that would be good. That's you know, that would be a good plan. Just win WPT Prime and you know, then nothing matters.
Speaker 2: But it just kind of sucks.
Speaker 1: So but I mean, we talk about our results, and we will on this podcast in a couple of weeks when the year's over, Like I'm not like winning a bunch of money playing poker tournaments every year. I mean, this year I might be up because I had the WSB Main Event run. But like, so I'm in that camp of like, if I break even, I can only write off the ninety percent, which sucks.
Speaker 4: I think if I play the full slate of events that I'm planning this coming few weeks, I think I'll be and break I think I'll be break even for the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but next year you would have to pay tax on you know, you can only write off the ninety percent if that same thing happened next year, if I have I'm saying taxable results, but I'm saying that's what we're all looking at ahead of times, which is just it's just annoying.
Speaker 4: If you cash for four k in every event, four k profit, nothing goes to the irs.
Speaker 2: If you cash for four k, well you're going to get to the pay dem and just bust.
Speaker 4: No, what I'm saying is, if you play like Venetian eight hundreds to hit taxable amounts is basically you have the final table every time. But if you play a ten k high roller, yeah, I'm in cash is taxable amount right, Yeah, I understand. So, Like I think the lowest and like it pretty much.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to win money.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to win money and then hopefully offset it with my losses to at worst case scenario, you know, mitigate the losses, maybe break even, you know, at the chance of hitting a big score.
Speaker 4: But it's also a winning You're gonna have winnings that are untaxed. I understand, but I mean you can have losses to ride off.
Speaker 3: So like the I mean, we're not We're not smart enough to figure this stuff out.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, like I all, all I know at this point is like I don't know which is annoying. Like the part that I don't know is annoyed because you talk to some people and it's like it's not gonna matter, it's gonna be the same whatever. You talk to other people, it's like, well, I'm not going to play this, that and the other thing. You know, it's gonna kind of suck. So I just don't know. I would rather just, you know, not have to deal with this stuff and just be able to play some freaking poker. Like I mean, it's hard enough to have to go out there and play poker with all these places that are raising rake all the time and all this sort of stuff like that. That's hard enough, So can the government not make it harder too? I mean, come on, like, you know, so hopefully things get changed. It would be great if they did. I don't know if they are, but yeah, I mean we'll see.
Speaker 2: So that's that, all right? You got anything else?
Speaker 3: No, we need some We just need some luck this month.
Speaker 2: Some luck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, you definitely some fucking luck. Last series I played, I literally went over. I mean I I played the NAPT Las Vegas main event. I was out in Level one. That was fucking glorious. I was out in level one of the Poker Stars Open that they had. Then I Stone fucking bubbled that same tournament. Re entered and stone bubbled the tournament, just absolutely stupid. So that whole series was just effing spectacular for me. And yeah, here I am ready to go again. Baby, let's freaking go. But like I was thinking today actually on the way in, when I was driving in, I was like, you know, because like I was, I was, I talked about my schedule, right. I tried to like map out the whole schedule. There's way too much stuff. Basically, I've been telling like some of my investors for this one. You know, normally I do like kind of reserve the right to like put any unusable it's like back into stuff. But I'll I'll usually always ask be like, hey, guys, like, what do you think I have these unusable? Should I go do this whatever? Now I'm basically being like I might not ask. I might just go do it, Like I might bust a turna and be like, oh, well there's this over here, I'll just go over there and play. Yeah, like I'm just going to try and like basically be a poker pro for a month and see how it goes. So either I'm going to show up here on December twentieth, which is my birthday for super high Rollable Working, or December nineteen, I'm gonna tell you guys to fuck off because I'm rich.
Speaker 3: That's what you buy in on Dember twenty. That's cool. I would never buy it.
Speaker 2: I would never buy it.
Speaker 1: I if I won WPT prime that's not enough and could sell eighty percent of my action, I might blast it. If you could sell eighty percent and just fire over twenty for like you know, with ships and giggles, like just one one point five million, that's what I mean. Maybe two Yeah, like that'd be like, you know, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Like why not at that point?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the year you can still write off one hundred percent, so you might as well you.
Speaker 3: Know, oh yeah, good punt.
Speaker 1: Yet it exactly so, which is also why you know, we are like, what what do you think we're gonna get for super high rollable. I'm like, well, might just get a bunch of freaking blasters at the end of the year, one lasserraw type of thing. So anyway, but what I was saying is that as I was driving in here and I was thinking about my schedule, I was like very happy with the fact that I'm like I have the itch and the motivation to just want to play and hopefully do my best. And I'm happy that I got that back because sometimes you're like I don't want to play, I don't want to do it, And now I'm just like, I want to play, I want to go, I want to grind, I want to you know whatever.
Speaker 2: So yeah, awesome, all right, that's gonna do it for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: His name is Tim Duckworth, my name is Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys hopefully in a week, but we'll see. I think after Christmas.
Speaker 2: No, we got to do at least one or two before Christmas.
Speaker 1: For sure. We'll do one after I win WPT Prime. Okay, Okay, for sure. Well here's what we'll do. We'll do one when I make the final table of Prime because then there's like a week off, and then one after I win. Okay, So those will be the two. All right, it sounds perfect, right. Or we can do one about how I'm broke and I need to do a go fund it and instot nineteen ad raids to China.
Speaker 2: You go exactly all right, that's gonna do it for us. We'll talk to you guys.
Speaker 3: Let's say yeah, chen Express