Speaker 1: Coming up on the show today. Uh Stephen Kentz back uh is uh we we didn't get a chance to chat with him last week. He had he had a thing he had to deal with, So we'll we'll chat with him today. And we got all sorts of goodness to get into on the weird woke Hollywood front, like why does one of the dwarfs look like Tommy Lee Jones? Will he get revenue for that hughes of what is clearly his face? How's that thing going? And and you know, just the general schlock that we deal with on the day to day. It's always interesting to uh chat with chat with somebody over on the nerd side of things. So we will, uh we'll get into that. That'll be an eight o five, So you will have to You're gonna have to wait and then uh we just we just have insanity to deal with as as you go through the prep packet. Although I do want to real quick for we before we get trucking this morning. I think this is gonna be very important. Oh I can't find it. Oh why is this thing always have to be like that? I just want my little search window. Okay, there we go. Sorry, very important behind the scenes stuff going on right now. So sorry, you're you're victim to that. All right, Hey, Ross, for we get the show started, could you do me a favor, just real quick, could you you over the window and see if there's any assassins outside. If you hear me, there you go. All right's gonna go out the weather window, although today not used for weather. We're looking for would be assassins laying wait in the dark at sick something in the morning, all right, I mean, I mean maybe that's a good point. That's a good point, Gott. There's some dark tiding spots out there, isn't there. Yeah, a lot of shadows out here. Man. See Ross, he has a gilly suit so he he can move to his vehicle as a bush so he but you know, very dangerous.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not the gilly suit today. I brought the box like metal gear, solid box.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They'll never see that coming. Nope, not at all. All right, so keep those closed. Ay, if you see any red dots anywhere, it's been it's been fun. What the hell was that? What the And we were getting just the first inkling of it right around the last segment of the show yesterday. But I couldn't confirm who it was, and so, and it always goes down like that because this story was because then after the show, I'm like, I have to know everything, what the heck happened. So if you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, one, how do you do it? That'd be amazing. But more importantly, here we go, so United Healthcare, and let me let me break this down for you, since a lot of people were getting this backwards. There's United Healthcare is a sub group of United health which is the parent organization. So United Healthcare is the insurance side. But that's going to be kinde of important here, So just so you know that. So this guy, this Brian Thompson, was the CEO of United Healthcare, which is the insurance component business spinoff. Honestly, I don't fully know how it's structured, but you understand what I'm saying. So he's up in uh, he's up in New York, and he's getting ready to do like a like an earnings thing with investors at the hotel he's staying at too. But for whatever reason, he walked outside. Maybe it's adjacent to the hotel. It was a little unclear in the thing, but that's why he's up there. And then at you know, o dark thirty in the morning, dude walks outside and standing outside just just hanging out is a guy in a hoodie with a backpack with a pistol with a silencer, with a job to do. Because immediately as he goes out there and he takes a right out of the hotel entrance to just start walking down, the guy fires, fires, hits it right in the back, hits him a couple more times, walks up on him, keeps firing, and then boogies man and he does things in there which caused a lot of conjecture yesterday because in the video one anyone who anyone with any sort of firearms training, if you haven't watched this video, you should, the guy is very comfortable with that weapon, very comfortable. And there's some speculation because he does some hand movements, and whichever of the two things is true bolsters that point. Either he very definitely fixes a jam in just a matter of moments. And for anyone who doesn't fire weapons but has ever or on the regular, but has ever been in a like you're at a range and somebody lets you shoot one and you pop a few and now the slide's still open. You know, there's not an instantaneous reaction of that. Chances are you probably turned to the person whose pistol it was, Hey, what the hell? Man? But if it's your pistol and there's a jam and you are comfortable with it, in a very quick secession, you can get that thing clear and get back to firing. But it requires you to be very comfortable with it in my opinion. All right, in my opinion. But that's just one theory. The other theory, and this is what Ross and I were talking about. So the other theory is he was manually rechanged between rounds. Because now getting too technical, Basically, the explosion that happens with your bullet is also what assists in racking that slide. Okay, so that's the case. You're wondering how that did it for you, it's it's that's what's going on there. It don't call me because I understand that there's more technical stuff there, but this is we're just going very generic here. And a silencer, among other things, is slowing down the round. It's slowed down a lot of things. And the other theory is that that silencer on that firearm wasn't allowing enough, if it wasn't allowing the pistol to operate the way it was designed because of the silencer, which required manually manually going between rounds, as if you're pumping a shotgun okay, like a pump action shotgun of tween each rout. And if that's true and he's able to benulate and utilize the weapon with the silencer on and do so very comfortably, very quickly, both things speak to somebody who probably isn't your average New York City crackhead. Okay, so it from there things go wild on the verious speculation. What I did find interesting, though, is there were a lot of people who said, and I understand it. They said, well, you know, maybe this is maybe that's a just gruntled a person who had United Health coverage and got sick or something happened, and they feel that they were getting slighted by United Health, and maybe that's the case. United Health is a behemoth. When I lived in Minnesota, obviously that's where they're out of They're tried there. The fact we were running ads I heard on our own station basically trying to keep United Health from coming into North Carolina very aggressively, being run by their competitors, obviously, but still they are a big, ever expanding company, and they also have a higher than average denial rate. So all of these things are true, but I don't know any of that. Look the word that people are trying to avoid, and I thought it was very strange yesterday because there's nothing that looks normal about that what happened, because we have the video. But also and let me go, let me go on the other side, to not use the word assassin. This is what I'm saying, because I thow people were getting all clinching. Know what you're saying in assassin, Well, I don't know it. Dude, looks like you got assassinated, So I think I'm onto something. But it invokes, you know, payment for payment for deed or but it doesn't have to be. And then there's another stranger story that came out this morning, this from the New York Post, because yesterday people are being told not to speculate that this guy may have been shot because somebody felt slighted by the insurance company. But wasn't that a law and Order episode? I think I saw somebody post that and do you think that somebody, when you know that for all the reasons that people do, go and do stuff like that. You think somebody who feels that maybe a family member died because they didn't get an insurance policy paid out that they had paid into, and that sticks with them and they decide to go do something or hire somebody. The hire somebody gets a little tougher when you're talking about something like that, But who knows. Maybe it's just somebody who did an eight minute eighties you know, eighties movie era training montage, and now all of a sudden he's walking around like he's in Ross's hit Man video game. But then there's a couple other things. One so he leaves the area, goes into an alley adjacent to there and gets on one of those e bikes you remember those from the Miss Nurse with the three the three young men there where they're like, she stole our bike, but of course it was they who stole her bike. Uh, he got all one of those, and then he's on so he's on fifty four, so it's not that far. So he heads over then to Central Park and kind of disappears in there, and because it's one of the few areas in New York City where you can get a little peace and quiet from a surveillance camera. It's almost nowhere that you're on pavement? Are you going to do that? So he heads in there and that's what they know. But before he did a couple of things. I'm sorry. Before before we just got to stop right there. There was a couple other things they figured out. One they have video and the court this is what I was talking about of him going into Starbucks nearby prior to this, uh, getting himself something to drink, and I think a power bar or two two power bars. And then they fouled the trash actually disposed where he disposed of it. So does that mean they have fingerprints? I don't. I don't know. It looks say he's wearing gloves, so was he?
Speaker 2: I wonder what name he gave? All right, if it's a Starbucks, he give me your name and they're right in the cup.
Speaker 1: That's a very good point. Do you think he gave his full name? Do you think that'll be the undoing of the assassin? He just wanted to make sure he got his coffee because you know it sucks. Would he give a you ever yeah, I I honestly, I don't know if I ever had to give my name. It a Starbucks. Don't they ever buy a Starbucks? Is usually is something in a bottle there.
Speaker 2: They find a cup, they find the cup of just says the killer on it.
Speaker 1: Damn it. Yeah, dude, I would there's nothing, it's nothing. It's funny here, But that would be some next level trolling, wouldn't it. They also found a phone they think it might have been disposed burner style phone, and they're they're gonna get in there and see what's in. I just so I don't know because if he is a and I'm speculating that he I guess if if the person in fact is an assassin, those seem like really rookie mistakes like to you because it shows that you thought enough that she had to go to Central Park so you could quote lose them, but not enough that you didn't think that they could do the thing that they do on every crime procedural ever now where they track back on cameras, like, oh, we found the car and we were able to track it back twenty minutes ago to where you know, where it came out of this warehouse and then you know, the cops will run over there like like. So I don't know, I don't know, but I know there's a bunch of crazies out there. So Ross's box idea is probably the right one. So here is I mentioned the New York Post had a couple things. This is here we go. This is the headline. United Hell CEO Brian Thompson's assassin may have left messages on bullets used in the murder. Oh now now we're now we're going to the you know, the carving or the excene or the initially or the in this case, engraving that tends to uh, tends to inject itself in some some weird or crazier stories like this. Uh. And according to the New York Post article, uh, there were words. Three words, not all three were carved into each both the casing and the round. Okay, so they were carved twice on each prior to firing them. One on the bullet, went on on on the on the showcasing, and it was denied, depose, defend that were engraved. But again, so I guess it's one word per thing. I don't know. There's nine millimeters, so I mean, you're not working with a ton of room on there. But yeah, so hell if I know. But I think the people that were speculating that it might have a little something to do with that, well, something to do with his station in life. I think that that has to be it. It doesn't mean it has to be somebody who's denied health insurance. It could be some lunatic from one of these eat the rich, you know, anti capitalist groups. It could be uh, it could be he you know, there's some sort of personal background thing where uh, you know, rich guys get mad at each other too. I don't know. I'm not going to openly speculate like you know, infidelity or something like that. I'm just saying that you had, you have all these possibilities open. And you know, obviously the fact that he heads he heads the insurance side of United Health Operation, that would be a prime target for people who hate the banksters, you know, that kind of stuff, even though he's not a banker. Say, but you understand what I'm saying. So I don't know, the whole thing's crazy. So we got, you know, we well, we'll do some open speculating this morning. I know, I don't know when the guy guy's making ten million year. But I mean it's not like anyone was surprised that he's rich. Obviously he's got him. He had himself a pretty pretty sweet gig. Wow. Also, you know, I would say this if the killer's listening. You know, Uh, silencers are illegal in New York. So oh yeah, I know you read that part. But just so you know, how do I know? Because somebody in the law enforcement capacity in New York reminded people of that yesterday as though that was the issue here. That's silence or charge. Ah craziness, man. So there you go. That's the rundown as we know it. If there's something else you saw, you can. I've been reading about anything I can find on this, but it's gonna be very interesting to watch it all unfold.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: We in the meantime, were going to take a break. You're right back hanging. Remember I remember in Seattle they had one where they put in a pool, right and the neighbors is they you know, the neighbors who actually had houses in this particular area were not pleased. They had like, uh, they had like a couch that had a pool. The pool had it had uh a water circulation system. Had a pump on it too. So yeah, yeah, you want to do you want things to stay clean, you want to make sure you got fresh water in there. And this was in a homeless encampment. Meanwhile, not too far away. Uh in was it was not in Seattle. It was south might have been I don't remember, it doesn't matter. Uh it might be down towards Olympia, which is just south there. Uh, they had that home, but it was the homeless A camera where they went into that park and they had built caves in there. They had built like a whole cave system and they were like with with rooms, a kitchen area, all this stuff, and it was like under it was adjacent to the river there, I think whichever river comes in, and it was under like a main road. So they were very concerned obviously because they're structural issues when you start burrowing an ewok village in the tree, or you put one in the trees, and then you start burrowing the cave system too, because remember they also had the ewalk looking village in the cave in the trees. She got swimming pool, you've got you know, rooms with a view, you got others for you know a little more a little more private down there. Well they had they tried to add something else too, because the only thing missing at that point you got your rest and relaxation. You need a little need, a little distraction, you know, get home from work. Okay, but it's probably not it. But you're bored whatever, you're done. You know, you're done with your c activities for the day and you just want to just to relax. That's, by the way, as we call them cre activities. And so, yeah, what do you do? You go steal an entire video game unit? Why not? The owner of an arcade that was looted by a mob of homeless vagrants ended up raiding the nearby homeless camp looking for stolen merch after the police told him his hands their hands were tied. So just listen to this. This guy's like, Hi, I run this arcade. My arcade was looted. Here's video of all the people looting it. And you can see who they are, which is why they knew. It was one of the homeless dudes down there. And they didn't just steal little stuff. They stole, among other things, an entire x Men arcade machine. So your stand up video game unit, which by the way are not light you ever had to move one. Me and someboddies back in the day got a sweet deal on a really really old version of Golden Tea and we bought that thing. So because why don't why wouldn't you write? And there was that thing was such a pain in the ass to move it into the room.
Speaker 2: We moved it into Oh man, So like I appreciate the hustle. Yeah, I know those cabinets are heavy, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, But you know it's like these guys have a truck with a ramp on it. No, no, no, they're stealing stuff old school, they're just hauling it down the street. But what's even crazier is the guy's like, okay, all right, well one, I know that dude, and I know where that dude lives because he, you know, he's a general nuisance down there. I'm gonna go down and I think that's where it is. And you go down there and you see an X Man arcade machine sitting at the homeless encampment, and you can reasonably assume it's yours, probably right, because you have video of the guy's stealing it, and now it's right there next to him. And then you call me there.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of speculation there. Maybe they just had one.
Speaker 1: I'm saying not, there's not the law enforcement thought process. This is the arcade guy. So yes, there is going to be speculation because he's having to go out and solve this crime himself. Or maybe he didn't know that at the time. He just knows he's gathering evidence. And that's the kind of evidence that I think would lead a police officer to have. What's what is the reasonable articulable suspicion? A bunch of hoboes have it?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Also, where are you plugging it in? You got another hobo on, like one of those stationary bikes to power it.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's like the old Seinfeld episode Man where they stole the arcade game where George had the high score in Frogger and they had to keep it plugged in while they move the cabinet across the street, because like you know, once you get to the high score on it, that's yours. You own it, right, Isn't that how it works?
Speaker 1: I believe that's the law in New York. I don't know if that is in California, But so you think it's going to be clear here. So you think the dude with no money who has to steal everything also spend some money to achieve.
Speaker 2: The highest year you're panhandling, someone gives you a quarter. You're go into play Gallagher. Whatever your favorite game is. What is it the X Men? You at the high score, you put in your name, Hobo whatever, the Hbo.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is or something stupid, probably yeah and so and so. At that point it's like, well that's basically mine. The police show up, they're like, yes, that is, in fact an X Men giant stand up arcade machine. We're out of here. Nothing we could do. It's a civil thing. That's insane. Now you prove it to your loom. Yeah, I mean, what what's the hobo saying? Like he was panhanling for and then the same guy gave him the quarter, was like, I got something better for you today. Now. I don't know what the I don't know what the unit cost. I know that the the Golden Teeth thing was, Oh how much way it wasn't it wasn't felony level dollar amounts. We didn't pay very much. This sounds a lot newer, so it's probably worth a lot more. But I don't know so so there you go that he sees his x men arcade unit. The police go, yep, that's it, we know, but you can't prove it's yours. Huh. Right, There's a lot of ways he could prove that it's his, not the least of which is he probably has each of those units as part of his insurance policy and they have serial numbers on them. But whatever. Then there you could also just fingerprint all the coins in there, which ironically, let's face it, the theft was likely about the coins, wasn't it, Which just shows you the thought process of of this of these lunatics, right, because you've hauled this, this gargantuan machine for what thirty dollars in quarters I don't even know. And that's if it takes quarters and not tokens. That's the other thing. How do we know it's not a token machine? If it's got tokens, chances are you could probably track it back with those.
Speaker 2: You see this a lot of times, so like you bigger things, people stealing ATMs only to have like a few hundred bucks in them because they tend to clear lose out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was the I mean, that's more about putting a toe strap on something and then dragging it down the road like that one Fast and Furious movie.
Speaker 2: But it's never as easy as you plan it to be. Like every time you see something on like on Patrol Live or something, you're like, look at these idiots trying to steal the ATM machine. It's like it you know, something they think is going to take like ten minutes takes two hours and they destroy the entire store in their truck.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw the I saw the Remember they tried to steal the ATM machine at the VP across from us. Do you remember that years ago? Ay? And if you so the BP right there, if you walk in right on your left as you come in the door as the ATM machine, I'm not planning a heist with you. And I'm trying to remember what the story was, like somebody somebody hooked something. They had a vehicle right in that pull through of that gas thing, and another guy ran in and like put a rope around it like he's last doing a cow and then they jumped in and tried to speed off, and it's an it's an ATM machine, and so the rope just just tipped the damn thing over and then the rope just came off. So I mean, these idiots didn't secure it or nothing. So it was very it was wildly unsuccessful. I can't remember what the damage was other than the machine falling over. So and I didn't I didn't see it, by the way. I just saw. I saw in the aftermath where they had the machine kind of like torn apart with the sign on asked to do what happened. I'm like, wow, really were you here? He's like, nah, somebody else was here. I'm like, oh, okay, but yeah, now you got to you gotta do your research on that stuff. So but I wouldn't put it past him. But remember they built an Ewok village with all the industry in this industriousness of the of the Hobos to construct a pool and grotto. They had a grotto, which do you want to go to a hobo grotto? I don't want to go to a hobo grotto. You know. The only the only time you hear about grotto is right old playboy mansion stories like oh yeah, well we were in the grotto and buh and or the letters that they run.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I never thought it happened to be there. I was in the grotto, but nobody wants to go the hobo grotto. Ugh, but they built one anyway. And then they built a tree village and a cave village up under a major road that was really intricate, and it's like, not one of you could channel that energy into not doing pro activities on the streets here, just trying stuff robin people pooping wherever you please. Oh man, all right. So this guy then decides he's got I'm sorry, can't let me just get to the end of this. So he's like, well, if the cops won't help, we're gonna have to take matters into our own hands, you know, kind of like the X Men think about that they're the Avengers, right, because this guy is he's got all the nerd stuff, and he's just like, you know what, I'll just handle this myself. So he and I guess some other folks they went in and started kicking doors, like they're clear in Fallujah, but it's a lot easier to kick a door at a homeless encampment. And and what do they find, Basically, not just their X Men machine, which obviously they saw that, they found a bunch of They found four different gaming accessories, circuit boards, consoles, cash of stolen snacks. Still they stole the snacks at the arcade too, which I guess that actually makes more sense. And he starts going through there, So what happens The hobos call the cop now on him. So he's going through, he's getting his stuff back, and they call the cops on him, but he's stealing her stuff. That's exactly what happened. The police showed up. Luna called the cops that again because like they're threatening to call, and I guess they did. The whole thing is nuts, and so what do the officers say. They tell him he can't enter their tents or move their tents or disrupted in any way because it's breaking and entering. This sounds like a This sounds like an snl skit. I mean, it sounds I don't know what this sounds. It sounds insane. Quote, why can't you guys just move this move this stuff going? This is what he's telling officers. He's like, fine, if you don't want me in there, maybe you could just go grab that giant machine right there that literally is mine and this other stuff to his mind, and the officer responded, we can't. It would violate homeless rights, all right. So eventually Luna and the police reached an arrangement. This is the only time where logic is seeming to take over. Specifically, they said, look, we can't go in there, but we also are going to go get to We can go over here and get some coffee to catch me drift. And I guess Luna did a He wasn't kicking doors as much, but he was going around there trying to find stuff. He says. Still the the items he was not able to get, and officers eventually made him leave. Pendo switches, a PlayStation five, and the Xbox machine. The Hobos still have it. It wasn't just him where his arcade is located. They actually broke into each of the shops there. So they broke into an arcade. Then they broke into a salon next door. They found some petty cash. They found some petty cash. Let's see here. What are they steal some hair products? What is going on? Are they opening a salon at the hobo camp? Can you go get a blowout at the hobo camp? And not just one of their veins when they try? Okay, let's see here. They also then broke into the pizza restaurant, got them selves some pizza or stuff I guess food around pizza. I don't know if they made one. Maybe they're opening a pizzeria ross you want to go the hobo pizzeria. See what they got on the probably not. And then they broke in at the very end of the little shopping complex a church. Yeah, if you're not got a burden, hell enough, go rob the church. But it's okay that that church has actually been robbed three times this year, which excitedly is also the number of hobo encampments directly adjacent to it. There's three different ones, and apparently they have their own little little financial societies. So maybe they needed the X Men machine as a barter tool for an arranged marriage or something. I don't know. I don't live in a hobo stand there. Let's see. Oh okay, so when asked here we go. All right, So the the console unit, the X Men console unit, he estimates as worth thirteen hundred dollars right now. So I don't know that that's a new price, but at the very least what he thinks it's worth now. So yeah, man, those hobo camps are They just keep getting better and better out there. Now they got an arcade, a salon, a pizzeria, a swimming complex. They oh, you want to get really do you like? It's not you don't want to put You don't want to go in a ballpit now at McDonald's, right, you don't want you want anything to do with that? You say, Oh, it's full of kid boogers and god knows what else, stuff that fell out of diapers. No, thank you. The one at the hobo camp.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, My mommy used to tell me I couldn't get a ballpit. I couldn't get in the ball pit as a kid at the Chuck e Cheese because my mom kept saying there would be needles at the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: She saw it in the news. I'd be well, I mean, you're for the one you just proposed. I think I guaranteed there would be right. In fact, it would also it would almost be like a contest thing for the holidays, right, like apple bobbing, only in this case it is behind the needles. Man, see if there's a little left in there? Oh yeah, yeah, and then and then can you imagine you're driving by your kids? Sees that he sees a pool an arcade machine in a ball pit and it starts throwing a tantrum because you won't take him. You're like, that's a homelessen camp with Jimmy. But he's a kid, he doesn't know. He's just say oh, bullpit, bullpit, uh and uh. And then eventually you ready for this done? H then's after all this took place. Somebody come and tried to light the arcade on fire but was unsuccessful. Well, that's just eliminating the competition at that point. Now that you're opening your your own hobo arcade, you don't want to have to compete against a guy who's got you know, running water and electricity and probably not fifty drug addled hoboes in the general vicinity. Right, you don't want to compete against that because you're gonna lose to that. So there you go. Thank you, California for making things interesting each and every day. All right, six point fifty one CaCO Day Radio program. Um, yeah, yeah, we'd be real quick, all right, Jerry, real quick, real quick? What's up? No, just you gotta talking.
Speaker 3: About people stealing at m and yeah, the small town I grew up in.
Speaker 1: Someone tried to steal the ATM.
Speaker 4: They hoped to chain to the ATM and they hooked the change the bumper of the truck and they took off, well, ripped the bumper off, and they freaked out.
Speaker 3: They drove off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, left the buffer and the license plate and they had.
Speaker 1: All their information on it. It was freaking hilarious. Genius, dude. It's so funny that there's a kid I went to school with who got busted for stealing from a lumberyard because of that, because you tried to rip open the gate, did the same exact thing. So genius. All right, thanks for the call. Appreciated. Yeah, man, Goscherly, this is too easy. Well, not that this was a hard crime to solve in California. Everything's there, even if you're making assumptions. Anyway, we'll be back right now. The Tennessee facility, back we were having those big VA discussions, wasn't really high up on the radar. It was like you remember, like Arizona was really the face of failure, but there were so many, so many other things and then that that whole story just kind of went away, and I'm sure some improvements were made, but I still hear people complain about the VA on the regular, so I don't know. I don't use the VA. However, I'm pretty sure this is not what the VA is supposed to be used for. And it is. This is a very crazy report from a congressional investigation. So here's the headline. Sex crazed workers at troubled VA facility had twelve person orgy and one vetted thirty two co workers, according to a new Bombshell probe. Well, I guess that's why sometimes the treatments a little slow. So this is Mountain Home Mountain Home Medical Center, which is also called the James Quillen VA Medical Center. So I'm in fact there's probably somebody within the sound of my voice who is this facility. It's not that far from us, all right. So anyway, so what's going on? Well, a congressional investigation into sexual misconduct allegations at the facility revealed that twelve officials who worked there, So I guess administrators decided, hey, you know what we're done administrating for the day, why don't we have a giant orgy here too? So I'm pretty sure that's not you know, that's there's something if only a cleanliness issue. It is a medical facility. Let's see here. Another biomedical employee allegedly hooked up with thirty two different women. I mean, it's hard to be mad at that dude, but and in fact he was such the casanova. That is part of the investigation. They found that the women, all a bunch of the women, would would boast online about having hooked up with this dude, talk about it as part of on their official online government communication portal. They would leave reviews for him. Apparently he was well reviewed. At least two employees initially fest uput approach to the acts, saying that yes, they had in fact been carried out on the hospital's grounds. Let's see here. Yeah, so this is this is when you start talking about culture. This is clearly a cultural issue within you know, look, management's doing orgies, then the rest of the staff are going to think they can do whatever the hell they want. Obviously, so that is crazy. So far, the biomedical staff or he quit. The dude who betted thirty two of his coworkers, he's out. I'm sure he'll land on his feet somewhere. And the facilities director did resign Dean Borsos over the allegations after investigators determined that a lot of this stuff started back in twenty twenty. And that's an important distinction because ross you know what was going on in twenty twenty. Think of anything that might be going on in twenty twenty where you wouldn't want people to be having giant orgies. Can we think of any Yeah? Yeah, that thing that's COVID. Man, these guys are having COVID orgies at a VA facility. Have you ever been to a VA facility and seeing the average age of the people being treated at a VA facility all the while? And I bet these were people also that would preach you in person. I can't believe going to have a mask on? Why are you trying to kill Grandma? Well, I don't know. You're the one that's having a key party next to Nana's room. Who's really trying to do the killing. A House Committee on Veterans at Farris sent a letter to mc donno's the VIA secretary asking them to look into the allegations after another employee raised concerned, oh, they have a tattletale? Do you think now? Why do you think that person came forward out out of moral justice or they didn't get an invite to the you know the thing there or was it one of the thirty two women this guy hooked up with who just got jealous of the other thirty one We don't really know. Says they have whistleblower status, so we don't know. But yeah, what a crazy story this morning. Man. I'm pretty sure that's not how you va so and at this point it makes recommendations, but I don't know that everyone's going to lose their jobs, which is crazy to me. At the very least, if twelve people in administration administrative is how they're described. If you have twelve administrators who decided to, you know, go calligula on the on the on somewhere on the property, you have to fire all of them. Like. The only place you can do that is if you work in pornography, right, I guess. And then maybe that's it. I don't know, right, or that would be acceptable. Maybe you get that one chick over who's gonna hook up with a thousand guys. You've seen that creepy story over there. I'm assuming she just burst into flame. I don't know, but that's where that would be. Okay, this is not where that would be okay, And and in pure government form, of course, uh, the investigation will probably keep going. They'll probably will be other than the people who resigned, very minimal punishments, reassignments, and uh, and then everyone's just gotta gotta trek forward. But I think that twenty twenty date is obviously pretty pretty important for the for the purpose of our story here, all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. You want to hear a cool story, because yeah, that one wasn't I guess cool. It was probably good for the casanova dude. But so imagine you're walking around in the woods. Okay, let's say you're doing a little deer hunt or something whatever, whatever gets you out there plodding around, and you come across a cave or it looks like it actually was, say a mine shaft. You go in there, young me goes in there. Now, I don't know, maybe maybe not, but if you did, and you happen to be these two guys over in the UK who were doing basically weren't deer hunting, but they were off in the wilderness urban explorers and they were checking I think they were geo cashing. And then they came across this this mine, and it was known that there was a mine there. Everyone knew that there was a mine that had gone out of business, wasn't used. So these guys decided to go in because the gates open. The entrance was literally left open because they cover these things usually with a door. Door's wide open. So they just walk in, and they keep walking in, and they travel through the entrance one thousand feet underground. And what do you think they find when they get all the way underground, Well, they find five miles of tunnels. That's not that unusual. You had a mine there, all of that, except it doesn't look like a mine, not anymore. It looks like they're in a space station. They're wondering what the hell's going on, So they keep they go around, and then they eventually walk into some of the bigger chambers, which don't look like mine chambers anymore. They look like you're on the deck of the enterprise. And as it unfolds, they figure out what's up. The mine had been least I guess by the producers for Marvel, and had been utilized to create an entire underground villain's leg for whether there's for in this and now we know what it's for. But they didn't know what it was for for the New Fantastic four movie with Pedro Pascal. So Marvel built this thing. They built an entire underground villain's layer, super futuristic looking thing for the shoots. Then when they got done shooting, they just left it. They didn't even close the door, I guess, or somebody else had come there to look see what's going on. But either way, these guys stumble into it, and it also brings h It also lets people know based on some stuff they found, there's some of the characters that might be in there, like Moleman and others. So if you really want to get nerdy on that stuff, there you go. You know what, Uh Ros, I'm gonna say this story, I miss you. Send it Stephen Kent to Let's see if we can put that in because we'll be chatting with him hearing about forty five about forty five minutes. Uh okay, So that's the story right. Here's here's my take. Does anybody want to shut up? This is like the This is like the old coins thing all over again. If you find a fully constraint, you know it was well constructed. It's Marvel money. If somebody has built you an underground villain layer that you seemingly are the only one who knows about it, you don't tell anyone.
Speaker 2: No, you stumble across that like ultimate man cave, literally a cave. It's yours now, right.
Speaker 1: That's it? Fighters keepers, Yeah, you're just like and I don't know, I mean, don't don't let it color your personality. Don't be plotting the end of the world down there, but you know, show it off to your boys, maybe the ones you can trust, all the wives, like where do they keep going? Meanwhile, you're down there, you're playing dress up in your Marvel stuff like you're a kid. That'd be amazing, But you don't tell everyone that's yours. Now, you guys done screwed up? Man? Uh, the let's see where's this Derby shire Dale's Is there a single town in England that doesn't sound candy ass is? If I could just ask for a moment like, is there? I'm genuinely serious. I'm trying to remember the names of various towns. There's nothing that. It sounded very butch when I was over there. I'm sure they exist, but now everything's like something upon something right, thousand feet underground, free villain layer and you guys jack it up amazing seven seventeen. Hang on, let me do this first. If anyone from Duke Energy is listening to me, and I'm sure there are some considering the size of the company, and I don't care if you're in the C suites or I guess one of the headquarters are technically in Charlotte, but we got a big building downtown and Raleigh. So I'm gonna solve this little kerfuffle I just saw here on WRL if I could. The town of Carborough has followed a lawsuit against Duke Energy, accusing the utility of decea leaving the public about the dangers of climate change for decades, and seeking compensation for damages caused by its reliance on fossil fuels. You bunch of moon bats, nuisance suit idiots, Duke turn their power off? Done, serious, Look, they don't like it. It's obviously bothering.
Speaker 2: I had the same exact reaction last night doing prep. I was screaming at the laptop. I said, all right, fine, turn their power off. If they're like, oh, your power is bad for the environment.
Speaker 1: In the middle of the winter. Turn it off.
Speaker 2: See how long you last?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, See how long the twenty two giant expresso machines at the twenty two coffee shops that you, for some reason have on your main direg See how many lattes those things are spitting out with no power? That just turn it off. And I understand there's probably people in carbar are like, hold on a minute, I listened to your show. I don't like these lunatics, but I've lived here so long I ain't gonna move from the I'm sorry. Get you a Jenny and make sure it's loud and runs on as much fossil fuel as possible, so you too can send a send a message. Yeah. If Carbaro wants to noose and suit lawsuit, this is just this is activist. This is activist judiciary crap. That quite frankly, the fact that we even allow it and we don't have a loser pays situation for things like this, oh well, that just makes the corporations more powerful. There's some arguments there. There's also arguments that, frankly, this the cost of whatever this is. If they're able to extract the millions of dollars that they're acting from. Duke. You get to pay for that. I get to pay for that. We all get to pay for that, anyone who pays Duke, Are you got a ross? You duke up there? I'm assuming you're Duke up in wake Forest?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: We are not? Oh you're not? Okay? All right, well then you don't care, but you also want their power turned off. So that's just out of spite and not even finances. All right, I appreciate that Duke's knowledge of the environmental injustice being caused by the use of foster. Shut up. You know what. I don't want you on my grid anymore, and you clearly don't want to be here. Bye bye. Turn it off. You can put up, you can put up a bunch of windmills and just have dead eagles rained down on your town, and obviously you'd be very joyful about that. Carboro Mayor Barbara Fouchet says, we have to speak truth to power as we continue to fight the existential threat that is climate change. Turn her power off? First, all right, all right, Mayor of Carboro. Then why do you use the power? Why why do you continue to contribute if you feel that strongly turn the power off at your house. I'm sure it's a nice house too, Yeah, turn it off. Turn the power off there at city Hall anything anything the city owns. There's not a single City of Carborough facility building electric va. I don't care what it is that should be drawing a single amp of current unless you Unless you guys are just a bunch of lion hypocrites that clearly are looking to shake people down for money. What are you gonna do with the money? Probably build a peace garden or something that you'll overspend nine times on and then homeless people will steal all of it and you'll be like, well, they had to put your money. Put your money where your mouth is.
Speaker 2: Is this something that like Vanderbilt or Rockefeller back in the day would have done, you know what I mean, They wouldn't have stood for they've turn your power off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, you don't want it, you're doing You're only doing what they ask. They are so reeked, they're so recoiled at the idea of a fossil fuel generated power, and that is a portion of the power that Duke delivers. You know, they had there's another way they can get power and all you got to do is look, I don't know, maybe like sharing Harris and some you know, look at that. But if you want them not to do fossil fuels, we we do have another option, and it's a pretty fancy nuke one. And somebody posted a picture that what were we what did we nickname her on the show? Remember that cop who was basically sleeping her way through the entire department that was in Tennessee too, wasn't it? What is it? What's going on over in Tennessee that you all think you need to have giant hookup sessions at work? Let's go? I mean, what is you? Guys bored? Also? And I guess people in Tennessee can get mad at me about this stuff. That's fine. I don't want to see a bunch of you doing that, not from my experience in Tennessee. I also don't want it. By the way, I also don't want to see a bunch of Wyoming mountain folk doing that. Okay, So we're just so rebundantly clear. So yeah, I don't know what's going on with that, But you all do things just a little different there on the other side of the border. So check this story out. Okay, Les Squire Magazine. I don't know if you caught any of this yesterday. So, h Charles Pierce, who is a giant moonbet by the way, and uh, you probably and you probably would even recognize him if you watch any of the round tables on MSNBC, CNN every and you're like, oh, okay, I kind of knew that guy is. So he writes for Esquire, and he wrote, he wrote himself a column. Uh. And the the in the column, by the way, uh, it's uh, it's it's pretty aggressive. The headline is nobody defines Poppy Bush's presidency by his son's struggles or the pardons he'd issued on the way out of the White House. The moral shut the f up about Hunter Biden please. That was the actual sub headline on Esquire. All right, so what what the hell is he talking about? Is probably what you're saying. What is this guy talking about? So the story is a detailed, a detailed reminder of that time, and this is how he writes it. The Lucky American Businessman's father exercised his unlimited constitutional power of clemency to pardon for all of that quote sn L Business way back when George H. W. Bush pardoned his son Neil. Okay, well, that's interesting. This is obviously the elder Bush there, Poppy Bush. That's why he says that. Okay, So here's the problem with that. None of that happened. None of that happened. Now there was Here's what did happen. So was there something with Neil Bush and some investments. Yes, it was a Silverado Savings and Loan is what it was called. Neil said on the board for that. It collapsed. It's at the same time every had a lot of snls. Who was the one guy who was the face of all of this. But you remember that all of the SNL scandals, all of that stuff, one of the lesser ones or one of the impacted ones was the Silverado and Neil Bush was a board member for it. And I believe the collapse based on the FDIC insurance right, which they had ended up costing a billion dollars from the FDIC, so from taxpayers. So it's not like it wasn't a thing. Like it wasn't a thing. The problem is there was no pardon. There was not even like none of this was even a discussion. None of that ever happened. So this guy wrote an entire article over a false memory, which shows you how how it is that people who were purported to be educated and pay attention and have their finger on the pulse can run around and parrot things like the good people on boat sides and all the rest, because once they get it locked in their brain that something happened whatever fever dream rumor. I'm sure this guy had probably had that said to them by some bespectacled moon bat at a university one time and just kind of threw it in there and was on a panel or whatever, and now he just believes it. But the audacity to write the story at any point, like when you're writing a story, do you google any of this information? That's what's wild to me, Like even if I think I remember something, if I'm putting together a detailed story, there's gonna be little nuggets in there I need, like what was the name of the SNL again, what was the exact year of the put what day was the part? What? You can look at all the presidential pardons, by the way, you can go online. You can read them. They're on there, and there's thousands and thousands to choose from over previous presidents Barack Obama, pardon like four thousand people, just keep that in mind, or commuted or you know, one of the things in that window there, it was numbers like four thousand. I think Trump was two hundred and fifty. But at no point did you did you obviously try to ascertain any information about this, and you published the damn thing. Well, as you can imagine, within about five seconds, people are like, what are you talking about? And then what really kills me is he's so sure of how smart he is that that sub headline that he wrote literally tells you to shut the f up. Shut the f up about Hunter Biden. Please, This is this is cope of the highest order. This isn't just it's a father. What would a father, if any father would do this or this narrative that they're going to use to perhaps put pardons. You know that they are discussing right now, and I don't know how serious it is, but it's being reported not just on right wing sites but also on quote unquote mainstream and clear left wing sites that and and in a positive manner, I might add on some of the far left sites that what Biden needs to do is basically figure out anyone who they think Trump may have a problem with, and they just give them blanket immunity. What a horrible precedent to start. They don't get me wrong. The pardon stuff. There's clearly people there who shouldn't be pardoned, and there's politics there one percent. Trump did it, Bush did it, Obama did it, Clinton, They all did it. There's there's only two presidents who didn't do any pardons. Just so you know, there's only two, and it's been a long long time since we had one of them. I think Harrison was the last. So you're going to go in and the names they're floating are Adam Schiff. I don't know if Adam Shiff committed criminal stuff, but it's still it really feels like he did. Maybe we should find out. You're telling me that they're a lyne to Congress as a member of Congress to perpetuate something that ended up costing hundreds of millions of dollars to hold all the hearings and the committees and all that for. You're telling me that there's not liability there. Maybe there isn't, but if there isn't, there probably should be. But the one that really sticks out, is Fauci that you would have a conversation the day the day after that House Committee report came out, and after all of the wrangling and all of the research and all of the investigations came to the conclusion that not only did the COVID escape from that lab and wuhon, it was made as part of gain of function research that Fauci was a fan of. And then when he was told he couldn't, looks like he also found a way to fund it so long as it was elsewhere. And this ECO, whatever that business is, who is actually the research the research corporation surrounding that particular gain of function research, Like all of this stuff looks criminal and and and and and this isn't even him just you know, ripping the voice boxes out of beagles, which is somehow legal. This is doing gain a function research using taxpayer dollars perhaps for a passer organization, and then pretending like you had no culpability in this. And you know, one of the things Trump said is he you know, we need reparations from China kind of. But also if if our own doctor Fauci had any fingerprints on that, we may have some liability and you're going to give that guy a unilateral pardon on your way out. Because here's what it creates. It creates the cast system that uh, you know, the group of untouchables. And don't get me wrong, that is something we've talked about. You know, you're like, oh, if you're a rich if you're a rich athlete, you can go ahead and do whatever you want. Or if you're a rich politician or businessman, you can do whatever you want. And sometimes, yeah, sometimes that absolutely does happen. But we don't normalize it. We look down upon it. Even if people are hypocritical and how mad they get what it's their side versus the other, we don't see it as a good thing. But if you just create a normalized process whereas a president's leaving, he can then name everyone I guess in his administration and his political party and just give him chalk of blocks of blanket immunity. That's how you get oligarchs and stuff. That's how you get an entire class of people that can walk around and do whatever they want with zero repercussions, which have been a hallmark of societies where things have gone very badly, very quickly. You usually see them in you know, Cuba style things where either your biggest danger is your boss killing you, but other than that you can do whatever you want. You a little how about some Prema nacta ross we don't have enough Prema nacta these days. Why don't we go ahead and get that in there? We ready to go down this road. In fact, I think Hunter would probably volunteer for that. I mean, that's what you're looking at. And then it just it just snowballs. It just snowballs, and before you know it, you have elected officials like Adam Schiff, and there's some other there's a couple other Congress people in there in the speculation. And then now you have elected officials who operate in Washington and have had all of the culpability or potential liability removed. That's crazy when you're doing blanket immunity. Remember we just ousted. We've ousted members of Congress for a variety of things. What was who was screw with the kids the republic was a hastard? What was the guy's name? I mean, feasibly, you give that guy blanket immunity and you can't charge him for screwing with kids. So how do you even facilitate that this is what these lunatics are talking about. This is where we are forty six. Let's get some snow and end it all, all right, raced agent from the Weather Channel, just DC I. I just wanted to bury it in a snowstorm so they can't accomplish anything. Everyone to be okay, yeah, you know, well a lot of wind. Yeah, there's already a lot of wind.
Speaker 4: But that's very right, right, yeah, all up and down to the ninety five corridor. So hey, maybe you've got a flight today that takes you to one of the big cities in the east, probably something delays. Now breezy here, but the advisories are confined to areas in the mountains where the winds will gust. And that's the next cal front. No snow, no presept with this front. Upper forties to low fifties today, good looking day, but upper teens to low twenties tonight, just like we had yesterday morning where it was nineteen at the Tryad, it was about twenty four at the Airport Raleigh. So that type of spread across the area and then a cold Friday. Most of us on either side of forty and mostly sunny and a light breeze, so bundle up on Friday, but then some better weather with mid upper forties Saturday, mid upper fifties on Sunday. Real good looking weekend. Next week completely different than this week. No cold, Probably be a little bit damp, but temperatures should be at or above normal for the beginning of the week. Case so it looks like we'll have another pattern change toward milder temperatures in the six to ten day out.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much, sir, appreciate it. We'll talk in an hour. All right, I'll leave. I figured the Jags would have to sign somebody. Dude they gave so they gave that Texans linebacker the z'z alshear they give him a three game suspension. Ross did you see hit like the greatest hits of that dude over his career trying to murder people like on five occasions, this guy who hit Trevor Lawrence. Yeah, the NFL at some point is going to have to be like, you don't play in the league anymore. And I don't necessarily to him or what the situation is, but uh, you just you can't, you absolutely can't. And I understand the frustration of quarterbacks who look, you know, they take a long time to slide or they fake slide. God forbid and I and and if fine, you make that against the rules doing the fake slide. But that hit on Lawrence man, it was just cringe inducing, all right. So who they signed? John Woolford? Oh, okay, all right? And then who's their backup? Oh it's Mac Jones. That's right. Okay, Well there you go. All right. Anyway, seven forty eight KCO Day Radio program, Hang on the ancient rituals, right, This is Aaron Rodgers with his ayahuasca. I think he went to the Costa Rica ones, which are very popular in Costa Rica, and and you go down and you know, it's like a sweat lodge stuff, and it's crazy. And frankly, after people do this, they're in my mind, they're a little different. And we've talked about this. Ross's theory is that once you've seen God, nothing else matters. Or in this case, I believe you've seen him because you drank poison, which is what you're consuming. But I didn't really know anything about the totality of it until I saw this story because an actress she's a Mexican actress, went to one of these and she died, and so now they're like, ah, maybe we should see what's going on here, right, so they describe it. She didn't actually die from ayahuasca, though she never got to that. Instead, she was killed after consuming deadly monkey frog potion. It was actually I think the word is cumbo combo, but it's it's a monkey frog. Is this big ass frog that lives in Mexico and uh, I think like Guatemala and Belize and stuff, and it secretes a hallucinogenic substance but also a how do I say, a cleansing substance, And so you do that first and then you get to the ayahuasca and stuff like that. The reason you consume the quote deadly monkey frog potion, which, by the way, if anybody ever hands you something and I hear you thirsty, yeah, yeah, what is it? It's deadly monkey frog potion. Don't put that in your body, even if you don't die from it, which most people don't. She uh, for whatever reason did. I don't know the potion is meant to and I'm not I'm gonna read this verbatim from a medical description the potion known to cause immediate uncontrolled vomiting and diarrhea is utilized to clear out the system ahead of the actual spiritual side of it. So you got to purge all the everything that's in there. What is immediate unconclatet? Do you drink this on the toilet? How does that work? And and now and I can and now I know what it does to me? Why would that be a thing? I would can? So who's signing up for that? Who wants anything to do with that? Just give me the give me the other stuff so I can see dragons? Man, what I got, I gotta go in here and purge it out? Is that to increase sales in the restaurant at the resort? I'm starving, man, I feel like I haven't eating out. And you think, am my, oh, I see what you did? Like is that what that's for? Because you just killed this actress? Man? The potion said to be forty times stronger than morphine. I don't know, man, that sounds good to some of you. I don't know, man, I think the math maths there. According to some of the other people there, she almost immediately, so there is there was an immediate reaction in this case started spasming and doing the other thing. Crazy week we've had, obviously in the world of politics, whatever the hell happened in South Korea. They're assassinating healthcare guys up in New York. But in all of that weirdness and all of that oddity, the very same stories that bring us to our next guest, Stephen can't well, they continue to flourish. How you doing this morning, Stephen? What's up?
Speaker 3: I am out here thriving. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 1: KC. What what the world's going on this week? We'll get into the normal stuff. But like we got presidential pardon palooza, in fact that they're saying that Biden may just start unilatterally partnering pardoning people, and you're in the vicinity, So who knows, Man, he could be a lucky recipient.
Speaker 3: Well, he is a craven politician who is desperate for the approval of his peers, and so if he's ever going to scratch out any donations to his presidential library, he is going to have to start pardoning the most bizarre people from the Democratic wish list. So I wouldn't rule it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, what a horrible horror and a more serious note, What a horrible thing to then become a thing every time because if he does it, then the next guy does it, and it doesn't matter parties, they keep they keep doing it, and eventually you create you create cast system right where everyone's serving up in Washington basically is working under a under a pardon so they can do whatever they want and then pandemonium, right or am I just I mean, I'm just exaggerating. I'm sure be fare.
Speaker 3: Well, There's there's some level of truth to it. You know, there's there's always the risk when you're you're working at high levels of government that you're going to get it yourself into some kind of of trouble. And what you're going to set off is a just a cascade of every administration plans to offer pardons to people directly in their orbit. They're going to break a couple of eggs to make an omelet, and they'll just you know, invoke the pardon power at the end of it, because the president has been set, you know. And then we've got here on the Democrats side, you know, AOC out here lobbying for the pardons of two Native American activists, Leonard Peddler, who killed two FBI agents. You know, it's just gotten to be very weird the kinds of people who are rising to the time of these pardon lists.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's but it doesn't matter whether it's a member of Congress anytime humans, because we're human, we operate with zero accountability. There's always this possibility goes off the rails. It's that, you know, it's the old power corrupts absolute, power corrupts absolutely and that's what that's that version of it. What it's even crazier is I was thinking about the Hunter pardon, so I'm sure his dad didn't tell him on Sunday, the day they announced that. He probably what told him over Turkey. Right, So from Thursday to Sunday, if you're Hunter Biden, knowing the dates on this thing, how you don't commit the most insane crime spree bucket list crime spree is beyond me, man, right, you go you go go kill all the any there's anything that will get you a federal charge. I'm surprised you didn't just start bringing crack in. Yeah, I mean, what are you gonna do? I have immunity, man, like, it was a very missed opportunity. Is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you know, and if you actually, if you actually try to think about it from a human human element, and you know, Biden is a derelict in the drug addic, the guy who struggles with addiction. You have to wonder whether or not this kind of thing is really going to help him in the long run, or if this sort of thing is going to give him a feeling of invincibility in hubris that is going to lead him right back into the kind of behaviors that we're wrecking his life a couple of years ago. I'm inclined to think that it probably will do that. And that's the part where, if I'm being serious, I feel kind of bad. I think that he could have done. He could have done like a year in prison and then they probably would have immediately put him on parole and it would have been better for him spiritually. But he's he's been robbed of that opportunity, and I actually seriously think that's quite bad.
Speaker 1: No, you know, that's a very good point because if people try to break it down when we talk about on the radio, so you're just attacking him because he's a drug addict. No out of family member is a drug addict. I've been through this. I've we've We've been through the rounds of rehab and all the stuff that came with it in the court system that came with it, and eventually eventually it worked out. Oh yeah, so I don't that's something. I think. My thing is he may have facilitated he and members of his family shaking down foreign governments for for for you know, for favors. That's that's that's my beef. And the question then becomes is a get easier to get to the bottom of that or not. There's not going to be any appetite now. And I'm sorry, I don't care how much. Thomas Massey another scream. They're correct, but I don't think there's going to be appetite for members of Congress to want to get into this with the Hunter. They'll go, well, we can't. He's got a partner. Joe Biden will be dead before we can adjudicate it. These are conversations that will happen and arguably by design. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I you know former former Chicago mayor and Obama Chief of Staff Ram Emanuel who might end up being the next DNC Democratic Party chair. You know, he was out doing an interview just yesterday talking that as the Recline in the New York Times about how all of this populism in America really was kicked off first with no accountability over the Iraq War leading to the two thousand and eight market crash and no bankers going to jail, and we're just sort of continuing this grind on of the American people not seeing powerful people pay a price.
Speaker 1: For bad behavior.
Speaker 3: And this is going to go right on.
Speaker 1: Top of the pile, and.
Speaker 3: It's going to now be owned one hundred percent by Democrats. And I think a lot of Democrats in Congress really wanted to see Biden put his son away for twelve months and then put them on parole so that they could claim they were a party of law and order and rule of law. And it's out the window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get them an ink lit well, they are trying to spend it. They're saying that she had no choice. You know. The narrative obviously now is Biden has no choice. He wasn't lying. Then he changed his mind because he saw that big ol'mani Trump got reelected and so that's why he's also going to have a hit. Adam shift and Tony Fauci. Tony Fauci is one of the people they're speculating. He gives a thing two days after that committee report comes out saying, yeah, they were totally doing function over there. That's that's crazy, But it's not. It's it's the political side of crazy. Like I Like I said, and when I introed you the stuff we normally talk about is it's also chock full of weirdness. This week, I'm sorry, the the Wicked press tour with this woman who plays the evil witch and her emotional support skeleton, who I'm told I'm told is a singer of some sort. So they're sitting there and it's the weirdest crap. I was gonna play a little. It's the weirdest crap you've ever seen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you need to cry right now. You cry on the Green was the thing that I would love the most about burd want to stay green.
Speaker 1: But actually, yes, you make me not want to watch movies with witches in them anymore. How is this? And you know what, And I don't know if you saw the Jeff Goldblum version of this, because he's in the movie him and I don't remember the other time, and they're out doing normal stuff. They're like joking about having to learn to sing a song so you can hit something. It's Goldbloom cutting up and like, if I just saw those things, I don't know that I'd be drugged in the movie. But if, but if, but if. It's like Ross said, if his wife had wanted to go to it, he'd probably been like, all right, cool, that makes you happy. But now it's like, now I forcefully don't want to do anything with this, and I'm sad for Jeff Goldbloom.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think Jeff Goldblum is sad at all. I mean, Wicked is taking off. It's quite a hit financially.
Speaker 1: I mean it's to work with these women. I mean he had to, sure, but you know the guy, that guy is weird.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, Jeff Goldblum is one of the weirdest, you know, kind of strange theater adult that I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: And who call for an interview though going together.
Speaker 3: For an interview, but pulling get together for an interview, you don't You don't get any sort of earned media or giant threads on Reddit talking about the Wicked press junk and if you act completely normal. And so I'm going to take the other side of this argument and say that this has been a very very successful organic marketing campaign where you know, if you wanted to generate some real discussion on YouTube and read it about this movie, go out there and just be maximum theater kid weird. May I read you something that I thought was funny from Reddit This one commenter says, I did musical theater when I was younger, and on closing night, we would all gather in a circle and say things we'd miss about the show. It quickly devolved into a competition of who would say the most cloying things possible to make everyone cry. Cynthia and Ariana are still those theater kids, but famous theater women and gays have always been like this, Well, put this is this is one accurate Oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, no, see it's so all right. So I guess I'm not the audience. I never was the audience. I need to shut my face. They're weird and I don't. And you couple this with what all the snow white stuff still and it's like, I just I don't understand, because is Disney is on this wicked thing right in some there that is Disney or one of their their at least a partner on one of them. Like, you're not having a really good day with people, uh putting you in the best position to make money, right, we can agree with that with obviously what has happened with with Disney. And it's like, like, is there anybody at Disney who sits in a corner office somewhere slamming his fist against the desk every time the snow white chick loses it over election results? They created dwarf. That's clearly clearly Tommy Lee Jones. Right, that's clearly Tommy Lee Jones, that one dwarf with a giant nose attached to it. Peter Davidge under all, Right, So like like all of this, at some point, is there anybody at Disney is just gonna be like I can't anymore and I don't know, maybe fling himself out of a window out of frustration. People are just not There's there's no rules over there, And that's that's wild to me.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the whole thing with Rachel Ziggler is snow white and representing Disney while also trash talking Disney's snow white legacy and the character herself, you know, all this stuff. This is coming to an end. And I think the difference between snow White and Wicked is on Wicked, you've kind of got this, you know, very over the top, you know, far less kind of you know, very queer press junket tour that they're doing, and it's kind of for the audience that are going to see this movie and they love it and it's kind of funny. Rachel Ziggler is trying to go out and do the same thing for Disney snow White aimed at a very different mainstream audience, and it's just going to fall completely flat. I do think Disney is going to run out.
Speaker 1: Of rope for this.
Speaker 3: Just look at the way that Walmart has rolled back DEI initiatives, and Target is reevaluating all of their commitments to having sort of weird products during month in Target as well. We are at the end of the line for I think this peak woke culture, and I do think Disney's going to roll it back. The question is when and which movie is going to have to go down hardest before they do it?
Speaker 1: All right, So I hope Ross Sentchez's send me the story about the secret villain layer that these guys discovered. Okay, good, I think you did all right in mind Maia, dude, this what it amazing. But here's the thing. These guys are idiots. Let me just tell you. If at some point I go for a walk later today I see a mind shaft open, even though I know I shouldn't go in there, just general curiosity, and I go down and I find a thousand feet below the surface with five miles of tunnels. That where Marvel, who has all the money, has created an underground villain layer as a movie thing and then just abandon it. That's my villain layer, now, that's right. That's where I'm taking over the world from. That's finders keepers man, and these guys like, oh look what we found, thus ruining their ability to own a villion of villain layer that's probably worth millions of dollars.
Speaker 3: Yes, made a mistake. If I if I found the perfect clubhouse, I would never release that to the world. But you know they probably posted on YouTube and got a couple of million views, and uh, you know they get the last laugh on that YouTube revenue.
Speaker 1: It's pretty amazing too. The uh there's like in the Mediterranean. There's when I was out there, you could go on this this they would do tours of abandoned movie sets, and one of them was the pop Eye set, which still exists today out there in the I can't remember which of the islands it's on out there in the Mediterranean, but like it's But what's crazy is like there's some really famous big movie sets from like sci fi stuff or in this case, you know, Popeyehort's kind of fantasy stuff that it's just out there and still exists to this day. And I don't know, I think those things are pretty cool. I've gone to see a couple of them. Is yea now typical North care line of Virginia. I'm trying to think, what do we got here? Is there some Hunger Games stuff that still exist? I think there is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder, I wonder. I mean, you can always go out in western North Carolina and you know, rutting around some of the places where they filmed The Fugitive. Uh, and then there's the Hunger Games, but there weren't really any set pieces for that. They were mostly just wood woodland shots and things shot at Dam's out west. So I don't know, but that's that's a fun that's a fun quest.
Speaker 1: To go on.
Speaker 3: I think the best place for that is probably New Zealand and searching for Lord of the Rings set pieces.
Speaker 1: That is, that's a big tour he could do. Why you know, I went to school in kids southern California and they have a lot of the former movie ranches you can go check out. Wow, yeah, I thought that was probably went to a couple of those. I thought that was pretty cool. But all right, let me what was the other What was the other story we said we're gonna do with you? I just closed my damn document here, So I'm stupid.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, who knows? We got the we got the Fantastic Four of us that has been found and so you know that movie in general. I'm not sure where you where you stand on this, but this for me is is again kind of another very unexciting Marvel projects. The Fantastic Four I always thought were a little bit too goofy to ever take seriously. So I don't really plan on even seeing this movie, even though Pedro Pascal is in it, and anything that has Pedro in it sells sells, like you know, like hot chips self.
Speaker 1: Do you know I got on a pe. Do you know? I got on a plane one time? And Pedro was on the plane. Really yeah?
Speaker 3: Was he was he entertaining? Was he entertaining guests on the plane and keeping to himself?
Speaker 1: He was keeping to himself. He was standing around. He had backed himself basically back towards laboratory and first class there behind one of the flight attendants, rather than just sitting down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was talking to magnificent.
Speaker 1: And I told Ross, I'm like, Rosh, You're not gonna believe this. And he told me to try to go get him to do the face. So that was it. I didn't do that. Probably wouldn't have been helpful because he probably gets asked that a whole bunch.
Speaker 3: Now, the Nick Cage face for make your own.
Speaker 1: Con I'm assuming that Ross, that was the one you were referencing from the Nick page. Yeah, yeah, I was not. I was successful in doing that. Yeah, all right, Fantastic four. I mean, let's face, so I got those thirty seconds. Every other Fantastic four has sucked, right, can we agree on that? Every attempt at it?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Like, could they do worse? I don't know, Probably not.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. But but they could make it a musical and maybe compete for compete with Wicked too.
Speaker 1: That's what I want to see is Moleman dancing, maybe doing some river dance too. That'd be great. All right, thank you very much. I appreciate it. And uh well, who knows. As crazy as things are going next week could be gangbusters, but we'll find out then.
Speaker 3: Okay, true story got speed.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Stephen Ken joining us. You're on the CaCO Day radio program to help us well way through the lunacy, which we have more of coming up. Hang on the amount of people making either jokes or saying things like retweeting the story about what happened in New York with the healthcare ceo and then just like writing the word good ran the political game. It might have been one of the most unifying stories of the year, which probably not a good thing obviously, But although one one person really took the cake, that weirdo, that writer for the Washington Post, Taylor Lorenz, Right, she's the one in the crying meme because people were mean to her, because she destroys people's lives for a living. AnyWho, she spent most of her day essay, just posting memes and stuff like, you know, like happy Birthday kind of balloon memes, but it says CEO down it's free. Hey, hold on, Rod, have you seen did you see the stuff she was tweeting at all? It wasn't in the prep pack. All right, let me do this. Hold on, I'm gonna message you. This is a Washington Post reporter. All right, this is this is this is something. All right, it should be headed. It's I said the whole tweet. Yeah, you have to click over the tweet and then you can see the panels that are under it. Yeah. Man, Like I don't know. I kind of feel like if I spent my whole day tweeting yesterday about how excited I was, somebody got assassinated and they weren't like a dictator and saying, you know, a machete stan or whatever. I feel I feel like I heart might have something to say, especially if Carrie on It Health is an advertiser too.
Speaker 2: I was curious, how come I haven't seen this like yesterday? And then I realized she's on Blue Sky doing it, and then people are reposting on X from Blue Skin.
Speaker 1: Yes yes, yes, yes, yes yes yeah oh did you don't have your blue You don't have your Blue Sky account set up yet? You want me to let me set.
Speaker 2: This clarify this right now, because you know, something new always comes around every few years and management it's like, y'all need to open up an account, right they told us to do that forever with TikTok and stuff. I'm at the age and I'm at the point where I'm never going to open up another social media account.
Speaker 1: Ever. I'm done. I'm done with what I have them good, come up with something you don't know. Maybe they'll be right in your wheelhouse, but no, the likelihood is probably not. No, we're I I feel like we've qualified. I think once you get into your forties, you qualify where you can start old old manning technology. I've already learned the stuff I need. I'm not learning anymore.
Speaker 2: And I've been that way for like ten years. Yes, so I was a head the curve there. I'm done.
Speaker 1: Never this is now. We're listening to hipster Ross, right, It's like, oh, yeah, I love that band. Where you ever heard of them? Yeah? So that's fine. However we got there. I'm with you one hundred percent, But yeah, what a what an absolute lunatic. Again, these are the same people. I just want to point this out. This is the same paper, the one she works for, who when we did assassinate an absolute monster from Machete Stan or technically Iran, that they ran an obituary referring to him as an Austere scholar. So I understand she probably didn't write that article, but understand that now I'm left to believe that in the judgment of the reporters at the Washington Post, a guy who kills US service members civilians in a plane bombing and then just you know, general murder of civilian military or whatever population he can get near over decades of service and UH and and absolute terrorism and technically it's two of them we took out. But the Austere scholar, I mean, that was his legacy. That is a strong or more positive legacy in the minds of the Washington Post than the guy who was the CEO of the healthcare insurance company, which again it's he is the he he runs the insurance side. And don't get me wrong, United Healthcare just like any other insurance company, but due to their size and UH and some of the way some of the things and stories they've been involved with. There's absolutely people are not necessarily gonna Nobody has a positive opinion of health insurance. I don't have a positive opinion of that. They don't have a positive opinion of these hero of these groups are this extra layer of middle management there that has popped up to facilitate like pharmaceutical and prescription stuff, which just doubled the cost of a lot of this stuff. Like people have a lot of beef there. But he's not a terrorist blowing up army barracks or you know, in on the plan, what is wrong with you? So I look, I don't know, and it could be that and some of the stories coming out where you know, there might have been engravings on the bullets and the casings, the use of a silencer. Dude, do not call my show and oh it's it's a suppressor. I understand it's a suppressor, But I'm talking to a group of people, many of which we are not going to know that distinction. And all you need to know is that it was a modified weapon, and a weapon that may have been forced to operate in a different manner because of that modification, where he's having to rack the slide on what is traditionally as some automatic because of what a silencer suppressor does to a firearm, which proves knowledge and practice with that firearm. Now, the problem is about half the stuff you see there demonstrates that that is a person who is comfortable with their weapon and looks very like hitman professional. But then there's a bunch of stuff that doesn't. Like the part where he went to the Starbucks first, got himself on camera, got himself a draink at some power bars, and then threw all the trash away and they found it. So that's one, and then you get then there's more on the professional side. He knew exactly where to wait for this dude. How would he know? Well, he might the guy was probably they were posting on social media stuff, so it's not hard to find out where somebody might be saying considering that they're holding the shareholder event in the facility he's staying at. But also, how did he know he was going to walk out? Was he willing to wait there all day? Did this guy generally leave in the morning for some did they announce he was going to be a speaker at a breakfast? This stuff is really easy to find out because we put they posted all out there, and they especially posted at an event like this where you have a bunch of shareholders and you got the press and you got everybody involved in this, they're gonna know what's going on. But also, why did he shoot him from that distance? I know what you're thinking. It doesn't look like he shot him from a very long distance, But it was unnecessary. If your job is there is there to kill the guy as efficiently as possible and get away from there. You're not taking that shot that far away. The guy was paying no attention to him, walk up and kill him. I'm not telling you how to do your job, but I'm just telling you that would seem a lot more practical, I'm sure a sure thing than having to put six rounds or whatever that he did. I don't know if he hit him with a lot. I don't even know the total. I shouldn't say that. I think that might still be speculation off a video analysis I was watching.
Speaker 2: But still, yeah, that's a good point. People were saying light like you could tell, like because the debate is it like a pro is he a pro hitman or not? If he was, he would have just walked up, shot him once in the dome and left.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, like not from a distance? It should have it? Should him in the back of the neck, or should should him in the heart and then shoot him in the dome? I mean just but ten feet is could could it? Could I make a shot at ten feet that's that's gonna be center mass? I think so, not a problem. But but could I do it when it's kind of dark out and I have to be sure that that's my target and I'm here to kill a guy, and you know, maybe that's weighing on me. You get a little nervous. You've been standing out there. You got you get the caffeine shakes from your Starbucks order. Now get right up on him, right up on. Don't even stop walking. Don't even if there's a scene in that I always go back there. There's a scene in that movie The Irishman where de Niro's character, that's what he does. He kind of gets with a guy comes out of door in the same way that the CEO did. Comes out of door. Guy doesn't pay him a lot of deference in this case because he knows him and they were involved in a in a in a crime they were planning. I'm not going to ruin it all for you, and uh and just pop pop. He doesn't even stop walking because then immediately in the moments it takes somebody to turn around. Now you just see people leaving the scene. There's other people and you can see like a woman jump out of the way, and right, just pandemonium. You don't know who the shooter is. He's already got that firearm put away if he's doing it right. So look, there's a lot of weirdness to this whole thing, man, So hopefully, hopefully we find out some stuff real soon. All right, raced agic, he'll help us find out some weather stuff or we can talk assassinations. I don't know how crazy is that story, man, Yeah, that is it is.
Speaker 4: I didn't really get into the depths of it, but then I just listen New York City, you know, being from that area, I just it's.
Speaker 1: Not what it used to be anyway. But that's it. It's your takedown of New York. Oh, when I was a kid, they weren't assassinating people.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not saying that it's actually true exactly, it's a perception.
Speaker 1: It's famous assassinations right in the middle of the streets, right, yeah, yeah, So it's a good assassinating weather.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I guess if that's the way you want to put it, But I think the change coming in is going to be first a sharply colder as a pretty sharply milder. This morning, boy, we've tacked on almost thirty degrees to where we were twenty four hours ago. Everybody came out and said, oh, I hope the cold's over. Listen, we're only on the kind of cusp of winter time, right, upper forties, low fifties this afternoon with sunshine, and tonight here comes a cold again with the gusty breeze. We're back to the upper teens, the low twenties. That was the spread yesterday morning, from the upper teens to even some low teens out in the mountains to areas end and around the triangle near twenty degrees or just above. So that kind of spread. So another cold start Friday, sun later colder, upper thirties, low forties for highs. Then we're in the twenties again tomorrow night. But the weekend should shape up okay, upper forties and mid forties on Saturday, mid upper fifties on Sunday again, no precipitation. ACC Championship game, but cold, probably going to be into the upper thirties to close to forty a kickoff in Charlotte. Just buddle, I mean, the weather's not going to be a problem. Yeah, cold, but come on, it's not terrible.
Speaker 1: Could be worse. So it's you're saying, quit your winding, Yeah exactly, very politely. Yep, all right, there you go, Thank you, sir, appreciate it, and we'll come back chat with Jeff Bellinger next. Hang on the holy hell, what happened yesterday there in New York City? Man, what a crazy story with that CEO. Yeah, it certainly was.
Speaker 6: And it's likely that this is being discussed in a lot of corporate boardrooms as companies review their security requirements for chief executives. Stocks did advance yesterday, case the Dow, Nasdaq, and S and P five hundred all settled at record highs. The Dow closed above forty five thousand for the first time. The futures have been lower all morning, but not sharply. A Dow futures are down sixty eight at the moment. The weekly report on new unemployment claims it's a bit of a surprise. The Labor Department counted two hundred twenty four thousand initial applications last week. That was nine thousand more than the prior week. This comes ahead of the Labor Department's monthly employment report. We get that tomorrow morning. The current consensus is the two hundred and fifteen thousand jobs were added in November, with the unemployment rate holding at four point one percent. Corporate executives generally upbeat about the changes coming in Washington. Two surveys found that optimism among business leaders has picked up since Donald Trump won the presidential election. Finance chiefs and others expect growth to pick up in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: They do acknowledge that inflation remains a problem.
Speaker 6: Producers of kognac and champagne have increased the pace of exports to the US. They're looking to beat possible new tariffs under the Trump administration. A lot of workers have an itch to switch. The Wall Street Journal reports polling by Gallup found the number of workers who would like to change jobs is at a ten year high, and Casey there was little doubt the Taylor Swift's Era's book tour would be a bestseller. Sircana says more than eight hundred thousand copies were sold over the Thanksgiving weekend, making it the number one book in the nation. What maybe the most remarkable thing is that the book was sold only at Target.
Speaker 1: Casey, Yeah, we're doomed. I saw that number two. So I don't know what we're gonna do. Man Taylor Swift's taking over everything, all right, Jeff, appreciate, We have a good day. Talk to you tomorrow. Yeah, there you go. Jeff Pellinger, Bloomberg News. Oh you know what story he didn't do? And let me just throw this in. This Longshoreman's Union president. You remember this guy, right, So he's the guy who lives in the big like a state, I guess, no other word for it, crazy, crazy, nice state up there. And meanwhile he's just running off at the mouth about longshortman going on strike. If you remember, they were going to go on strike earlier, and they but they demanded what it was like a fifty pay raise, and then they also demanded that they pledge not to automate anything having to do with our ports, which is a bit of a problem because the US I don't know if you know this none of the unit of the US ports are in the top fifty ports in the world. We do not have a single port in the United States by volume and which technology allows it, so that the rapid part of the process. We don't have a single port that ranks in the top fifty in the world. And a lot of that. So you look over in China, a lot of those ports are almost purely automated and they're crazy fast and efficient. So we don't have that. But I also look, I don't have a beef with long Shortman in the general sense. You're still going to need people there. But when you start screaming that you're going to shut down the economy, which they did, you know, threaten, and eventually the Biden administration said they weren't going to get involved. Somehow they got it, but they got a temporary thing where they're like, all right, we'll give you the money, but we won't agree to the automation thing. We'll leave that for November or excuse me for January. Well, obviously a new president comes in in January, so it's like a lot of things. But he's now running his mouth again. Harold Daggett as threatened longshoreman will go on strike again at the end of January if they don't get that ban on automation. I have a question, mister Daggett, what do you think Trump's gonna do to you? How do you think this ends up well for you? Do you understand the level of itchy You know how itchy some of the people around Trump are for him to have his Reagan air traffic control moment. And I understand it's not the same same, but the Feds have an immense amount of say and power as to what goes on these ports, whether they own the ports, the ports were then leased to companies. In a lot of instances, they still have an immense amount of oversight, which is why then you know, even with COVID money, they were getting a bunch of money for ports because we had right, we couldn't get things in here. And then we find out that the majority of the monies are allocated that are only available to be utilized towards green projects, So they couldn't expand the port with another you know, capture and crane system. They had to spend that money buying like hybrid trucks and stuff. So yeah, yeah, that's how Do you think Trump's going to deal with this,