Speaker 1: Dine for rock News on one oh one one Double JRIR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One oh one one Double JRR.
Speaker 2: All right, before we get into rock news, which we'll start off with some Metallica related news scene. As we just heard from Metallica, keyword first one of the day for rock. The bank just went out about twenty minutes ago. You still have another half hour so to enter to try to one one thousand dollars at WJRR dot com.
Speaker 3: It was check c H E C K enter that at the website you could win one thousand dollars, just like a sharing from DeLand one here on JARR.
Speaker 2: Then leave it on JR all day with whatever you got going on and listen for those keywords. Will always air right around five past the hour straight through until tonight with Klinger at nine oh five, and you can enter every hour. All right. So, Metallica played their first show of the year Saturday night in Syracuse, New York, the first time the band has played Syracuse in almost thirty years. That's insane, hard to believe. They've missed Syracuse so many times.
Speaker 3: That was telling me that. Yesterday I said.
Speaker 2: Come again, and the Metallica fans showed up in mass to JL Carriers Dome formerly the Carrier Dome there on the campus of Syracuse University, record attendance for any event ever held at the stadium.
Speaker 3: And I want to point out the second thing that Lynch said to me yesterday. He said, you know, we all take it for granted being in central Florida, of how much we've got to see Metallica or.
Speaker 2: It just shows in general, most of them are at least coming at the very least to Tampa. Yeah, which we bitching complain about having to drive there, but you know, if we really want to see a show, most tours do come through here. You could be in some other part of the country where it may not be the case. So congrats, and I'm glad that the fans for the band to see a great show on Saturday night. That is something new Metallica is doing this year. On the seventy two tours, some one offs in certain cities as opposed to the bookend weekend no repeat weekend. They're still doing those, but there are some additional stops. Where's does one show on weekends? Update on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame vote is now over as far as the fan vote goes. The top finishers. Fish was at top from right out of the Gates. Bad Company finished at number two in the fan vote, Billy Idle at three, Cindy Lauper for Joe Cocker skipped over Soundguard, and Joe Cocker lands at five and Soundguard and drops to number six in the fan vote. Of the fourteen artists nominated, who will actually go in? We will find out Sunday evening as the inductees will be announced during American Idol on Sunday evening. Oh okay, all right, so that's where you'll find that out. Well, that was short lived. Zach Starkey, who is the son of Ringos Stars. Zach has been the drummer for The Who for many many years at this point. He was abruptly fired last week because of a situation that I guess Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey are now saying was misunderstood. He's been kind of reinventing his drumming style, and I guess Pete and Roger were kind of taken back during a performance and they felt like they were out of sync, so they dismissed him. That was the story. But no, he's not fired. He's back in and they've cleared up the communication issue they were having where they just, hey, Zach, if you want to noodle around and try new styles. Basically, I think what they're saying is do that on your.
Speaker 3: Time, Yeah, please don't do it when we're out on tour.
Speaker 2: Or just we're doing somewhat a rare show at this point. So that's what that was all about.
Speaker 3: Zach, come on back, Bud, and they have a great point, you know, but maybe not fire him. Maybe just figure that out and tell him that.
Speaker 2: Right right, it does look like Faith No More is no More, and drummer Mike Borden pended solely on Mike Patton, who seems happy to tour with his other band, Mister Bungle, even though, as Borden points out, the guys in Faith No More supported Patten at a time when he wasn't up to touring four years ago. Remember, he went through the kind of the mental stuff, and Faith the More canceled the entire twenty twenty one tour on the eve of the first date to be there for him and let him work through it. Now he's back and performing again, and it's like not giving the guys in faith the more the time of day.
Speaker 3: That's not cool.
Speaker 2: It seems kind of odd angle, you know. Yeah. Alice Cooper reuniting with the surviving members of his original band for a new album called The Revenge of Alice Cooper, set to be released on July twenty fifth. The album features all four surviving members, includes a special appearance by The Eight guitarist Glenn Buxton. First single, Black Mamba, will be available today, so that's kind of cool. Alice Cooper getting back to his roots with his original bandmates. Spring cleaning, former Ario Speedwagon singer Kevin Cronin was doing some spring cleaning, came across an unopened package that had a return address from Nashville. He opened it up. Inside was a gold record for Dolly Parton's twenty twenty three album rock Star, which contains her duet with Cronin for arios keep On Loving You, Oh Okay. He says, Wow, Having an a legend like Dolly Parton choose to record a song you have written is unbelievable, And the two had worked together earlier in both of their careers. They did time for me to fly for her white limousine in nineteen eighty nine, but he said that being asked to sing a duet was totally surreal. What else we got happening here? Green Day surprised hardcore fans in between dates of their second headlining Coachella set over the weekend.
Speaker 3: They say, we love America.
Speaker 2: Now, No, they did not, that would be quite the surprise. They showed up at a small club and played a thirty one song covers sets as their alter egos the covers, so the fans that were in the know were in the right place at the right time, and we were able to catch them, you know, doing a bunch of cover tubes. The cover ups is what they go by as their alter ego. Sammy Hagar. He talked about this a few years ago when he said he had a dream featuring Eddie van Halen who showed him a nude lick. Well, Eddie has or Sammy has now converted that dream into a new song that will be released on Friday called Encore Thank You good Night. That'll be released on Friday. Hagar will be joined by three quarters of the Best of All Worlds Band, Joe Satriani, Michael Anthony, and Kenny Arnoff. So that'll be out on Friday. See what that's That's pretty cool. If you watched WrestleMania over the weekend, you might have caught a glimpse of Slayers Carrie King, who performed Damian Priest ring music as he walked out. There's Carrie just welling away. Dick and Priest comes out. That was kind of cool. Good guys at Slayer, big wrestling fans. They always have. In fact, I know for a while.
Speaker 3: There were so many stars at wrestling. I know there always are, but if this wrestle ton.
Speaker 2: I'm almost positive for a while, this is back when it was w W Attitude Day era, when it was like really hardcore. I believe the guys in Slayer were so into wrestling they would not do concerts on Monday nights when Monday Night raws.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cool and certainly last, but not least by any stretch of the imagination. Tampa's own Sabotage love that band, have always loved what they were all about. They haven't performed in nearly ten years. They did on Saturday at the Monsters of Rock festival in Brazil. Notably not there was John Olivia, who is missing from the lineup but still very much part of the band. He is just dealing with a myriad of health issues. Talked about T seven vertebrae fracture in three places. Severe injury has left him in a wheelchair. He's also been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and Meneer's disease, which have further complicated hisself. He's still involved with the band, supports the band, ins stoked to see them out there as they will be performing a series of shows over the next couple of months.
Speaker 3: Good luck in the healing process.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: That sounded like, as you said, myriad stuff.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's some of your rock news for this week.
Speaker 1: Follow line w j r R Orlando's dock Stason