Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Games. For After Dark episode ninety seven, I am your host tomorro Hussein, sitting in a extremely hot love conversion. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have swamp. But joining me is Michael Hyam. How are you doing? What's your What they do?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 3: It's it's yo here in San Francisco. It's been like a consistent sixty degrees. There has been win advisories and it's been windy as ship for the past three months. And it's not great here.
Speaker 1: I come here and it gets hot while I'm over there in San Francisco it's hot. I'm like, where's the British weather? I would love some of that.
Speaker 3: Man's not hot, Man's not hot.
Speaker 1: Also, joining us is always perpetually hot.
Speaker 4: Jean looks ay, oh, yeah, I've been working out. That's not true. Yeah, you know. I it's hot, but I got a C in here, so I keep myself nice and nice and cool.
Speaker 5: You got a c I can't even hear it was I turned it off during recording because you would definitely hear it.
Speaker 4: It's literally right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And that final alluring voice was the voice of Jordan Remee, who I imagine was hot, but has now cut his very luxurious afro and it's probably less hot.
Speaker 5: How you feel, it's beautiful. It's a beautiful feeling. I can go outside and feel the breeze on my scalp again. It's so cool and wonderful.
Speaker 1: You see you look like a different person. I'm like, ah, I miss it. I missed Jordan when he was ninety percent afro.
Speaker 5: It's one of those weird things that I'm like, man, for the first twenty six years of my life, this short buzz cut is what I rocked. And then for COVID, I grew my hair out over the pandemic, and I met a lot of people online during.
Speaker 2: That past year.
Speaker 5: They don't remember you, and so like a lot of people are like, oh, dude, you cut your hair.
Speaker 2: That's such a different look for you. I'm like, what do you mean? This is this is my look, this is my normal look you.
Speaker 3: They're like, who you Just tell them, tell them they're racist. That's all you gotta do.
Speaker 5: Damn damn, Yeah, that'd be that'd be a messed up thing to say to my girlfriend who met.
Speaker 2: She's like, I've never seen She's like, I've never seen the side of you. Before I'm like, no, this is what normally.
Speaker 3: Oh again spicy here in the early mornings of Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Also getting spicy is the next two weeks, because we are in E three season baby, and we are gonna have a discussion about it. I don't think. I'm not one hundred percent confident that it's gonna be a structured discussion because under the topic section there is E three followed by it looks like twenty eight exclamation marks, which is about as much thought as we've put into that part of it. But we'll figure it out. This is how we do. We keep it loose, we keep it breezy. But before we get there, we're going to do what we've been playing, and we're gonna start with Jean Luke, who has been playing a little video game called Ratchet and Dank Us.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I've been playing that Ratchet and dank It's solid. It's a solid, fun video game. I I don't it's a hard one to talk about in the sense that you play it and you're like, yep, this is exactly the Ratchet and Clank that Insomniac has been making for what like twenty years now, Like it isn't reinventing the wheel, and in some ways, I actually like that's why I love about it is that it feels like because I because I went back and I actually replayed the original original Ratching Clank on the PS three the HD edition, and obviously there's like some things that are you know, improved in better you know, aiming and camera and of course the graphics, which we'll talk about, but it's like you play it now and you're like, you know, you play Rift Apart and you're like, yeah, this is this is still like a PS two style platforming game, and I think that's awesome, Like, you know, like that they're kind of keeping that spirit alive because I don't know, like all those PS two era mascot characters are kind of gone. You know, there's no Jack and Dax Strain around. It's like Cooper's like Cooper in Around Crash was back for a hot minute and then that team got asked to make call of duty for the rest of the time, so you know, that ain't coming back. Like the Rochet's kind of the the one that's that's stuck around this whole time, and there's something comforting about it where you're like, you know, it's just like, yeah, it's you know, it's it's scratching and clank. It's not doing anything amazing.
Speaker 2: A single piece of your childhood endoors exactly.
Speaker 4: It holds up, you know, for the most part, it's like it doesn't need to necessarily reinvent itself. It can kind of just be what it is.
Speaker 1: Like to kind of real quick summarize that kind of feeling. It seems like that's a sentiment that has hit with a lot of reviews in a bunch of different ways. Like we gave it a nine out of ten that was reviewed by very on Steve Watz, who said he said Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart is flashy and technically impressive without feeling self important. It's just a silly, sweet and earnest as Ratchet and Clank series tends to be. With the new generation of hardware makes this entry look and play better than ever. Like the heroes and villains and their dimensional counterparts, this one may appear different or carry itself with a new accent, but there's an underlying truth to the person underneath. At its core, it's still your trusty old pals on another grand space adventure, and that's what's important. So it does viewers, it's a bangers this Yeah, yeah, yeah, that kind of hits on the on the on the way that Jean Luke was talking about it. And it is what it is and it does what it does and that's cool. There's kind of like another take which I really like. This was from Jean Park at The Washington Post, who basically said, in a time when sneering, ironic detachment remains in fashion in some games, has created the rare modern masterpiece with no convoluted agenda, no subtext, just so many reasons to smile and laugh, which is another way to take that same kind of it is what it is and it's ratchet as Ratchet is. Ratchet hasn't changed, but the world around it has changed in a lot of ways, Like we're all a little more cynical, we're all a little more like, you know, we're all a little more like dour about things and the stuff in games that used to uplift us in that way, the mascot games have fallen away, but then you have this. Gene. Park also says this is the best play session exclusive since Bloodborne, which wow.
Speaker 5: Relax Campbell, Jean Campbo, Gen wait, so the best one since twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Then that is talk enough, and technically, Jean says here that means that Bloodborne is still the best. Yeah, exclusive big up Jean's figure. Michael and Jordan starting with you, Michael, interested in Ratchet and Clank? You want to play it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, I mean I played a lot of the PS two mascot era games as well, like like Jack and Dax or Sly Cooper. Ratchet Clake was my favorite because I thought it was like the most and it was the most fascinating because it has that element of sci fi to it, and I just really like Clank is so cute. So yeah, I do want to play this. I played the twenty sixteen kind of reboot ish game that came out on PS four that was that was dope too. But I am fascinated in Rivet because everyone the whole internet is blowing up about Rivet and how she's such a wonderful charriacter.
Speaker 4: It's very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm I want to I want to get to no Rivet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rivet's great her. She actually, I would say the game is Steve talks about a pert view. It's primarily her game. Like the game is split between so like each planet you'll kind of bounce back and forth, like, ah, this planet is going to be playing his Ratchet and this planet he plays Rivet. But if I were to add up the total like playtime, I'm pretty sure you play more as Rivet. It felt that way where it feels like it's it's focused on Rivet. It's really Rivet's game that like Ratchet and Clank are kind of here to help set up, but at some point it feels like she just sort of goes off on her own and and I think like Jennifer Hale absolutely knocks it out of the park as her like no surprise there, yeah, which is like exactly no surprise.
Speaker 1: But yeah, our lives. Our lives are just filled with Jennifer Hale right now, aren't they? Between Mat and Ratchet.
Speaker 2: It's a wonderful feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she does a great job too, Like I mean she's got such range, like I can go from like playing Mass Effect to playing this and like you can't immediately tell it's her because I think she just knows how to even like a like you think about it and you're like, oh, that's jend for Hale. But It's like there's something about like the subtlety in which she just like changes her tone and she feels very like warm and curious in this game in a way that you just like instantly like her and you root for her and you're like a like, I want to yeah, I want to see what's up with Rivit and like what's going on with her? In a way, we're like Ratchet, Ratchet's good to you still, but you know you've I've played I've played a lot of games with Ratchets, so uh Rid, it's definitely the standout and I would love for them to just go all out and do like a full Rivit game.
Speaker 3: What's what's her her robot counterpart?
Speaker 1: Isn't it?
Speaker 2: Doesn't we see Clank on her back?
Speaker 1: Like she find is this game?
Speaker 4: Is this game? Once?
Speaker 5: This came out the eleventh, the eleventh, Yeah, so Friday.
Speaker 4: Okay, well I'm allowed to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's in the review. It's in the review, so it's kind in the review.
Speaker 4: But they asked you to not get but she does. There is a because because in the game, everyone has like a dimensional counterpart, and there is a dimensional counterpart two Clank in the game okay, and I think they wanted us to not go to in depth on it, and so I won't. But yes, she has her own dimensional counterpart.
Speaker 5: I could totally see them doing a whole Spider Man situation where they kind of gave Miles his own, like ten hour separate game that wasn't like, oh, it's not a full blown sequel. It's like, oh, here's a eight to ten hour RIVET sequel expansion thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jordan, are you interested in this?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hell yeah. I was one of those people who, as a kid played a lot of Nintendo and then when I was like, you know, I'd like to graduate for those TEA for teen and m for mature games, I became an xbox Boy instead of a PlayStation boy. So crash Bly Cooper, Ratchet. I missed all of those games growing up, Like, I did not play any of those PS two era mascot games. So I'm like, oh, at least one of them is still around, and this one is reviewing very well. I'll play this one and I'll finally see what all the hype has been about for the past two decades.
Speaker 3: This motherfucker said, blinks.
Speaker 1: Blinks, all right, big question. Now kill marry Avoid. No, let's let's do this properly. Fuck Marry Avoid, Ratchel, Crash, Bandicoot, Spiral, Michael your first fuck marry fuck Marry kill fuck Mary kill shit shit shit shit shit.
Speaker 3: Oh killing Crash. Oh I'm killing Crash. I'm gonna smash with Spiral because that fools. I bet his fire and I'll marry Ratchet because Ratchet seems like a like a like a like a wholesome dude to probably take care of me.
Speaker 4: John Luke, I was gonna say the exact same thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, John Luke, Fuck Marry Avoid Sonic Okay, uh Sly Raccoon Okay, Blinks.
Speaker 4: Blinks kill Blinks Fox, Sonic, Mary Mary.
Speaker 2: You just the whole New Sonic fan fiction.
Speaker 3: That will probably only lasts like, uh, he's probably a one pump chump because he's gotta go. We've all been there.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna silence Fox in my head and I was like, no, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna go there.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna go there.
Speaker 1: In fuck Marry kill you get. I can't think of anyone.
Speaker 4: The zombie you.
Speaker 1: Got Tie, the Tasmanian Tiger stubs zombie and.
Speaker 4: Bubby, bob Z.
Speaker 2: I do not know who any of those people are, Like, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta say them, you gotta sign them later on, see how you did?
Speaker 2: So you have to kill Bubbsy? Sure?
Speaker 5: Why not kill Bubbsy? And who are the other two? I can't even remember their names that you said.
Speaker 1: Uh Tie the Tasmanian Tiger.
Speaker 4: Okay, Stubbs but you don't replace that with replace that with GAXX. Yeah, that's a better that's a better one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I guess I'll marry GaX.
Speaker 3: And he's he's gonna cheat on you.
Speaker 2: It's fine. I'll divorce him and get half of whatever he has.
Speaker 5: Do you think he's rich? He does, doesn't have any games anymore. But do you think like.
Speaker 3: This is a good discussion?
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe maybe put some of his savings in stocks and pretty well off?
Speaker 1: Jordan, why have you been playing?
Speaker 2: I've been playing.
Speaker 5: Not any cool, exciting games. I've been playing a lot of Resident Evil Village. Finally got around and finished that game, and it's been talked about a lot, so I won't add too much to the conversation. I feel like I land where a lot of people do, where I enjoy the first half of that game, a lot more than the second.
Speaker 2: Half of that game. Man.
Speaker 5: But it's it's been wonderful to play an eight to ten hour game again. I had forgotten what that was like after playing like Mass Effect Legendary Edition and Assassin's Creed, Valhalla and Hollow Night and a bunch of games that are like forty plus hours long. It's been so so wonderful to go back to a game that I can play and beat an entire weekend. I'm still I'm still gonna play near Michael, don't worry.
Speaker 3: It's just that that gamelay near the game.
Speaker 5: The game is not eight to ten hours, and so I'm playing it in slow chunks. I'm playing in slow chunks. I'll get back to it after I finished Returnal, which I'm all so.
Speaker 3: Also, yeah, there's there's a lot more coming out this week too, that I know that we're both hyped about.
Speaker 5: It's it's, man, It's one of those things where I always am so sad when pr for indie games are like, hey, do you want to check out this game? And my answer is a resounding yes. But at the same time, I'm like, man, there are so many E three and play for all and appointments and stuff that we have that there's no conceivable way I can actually check out your game. God, I want to play Chickory so bad. I want to play Backbone so bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, those those two. Those two caught my eye because chick looks so cute.
Speaker 5: It does, and the music sounds so wonderful. Did you check out their music stream?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Shout that's yo.
Speaker 2: This is so good. I want to play this so bad.
Speaker 5: Why are you coming out right when my schedule gets so hectic that I'll probably play like fifteen to twenty minutes of this game a day for the first week, week and a half that it's out, if even that. Yeah, Resident Evil Returnal. I have y'all been watching those uh poke tune animation things, because the latest one that came out, Oh my god, it's it's OK. They're they're like these episodic Pokemon adventure anime type things that are just better than the Ash catch them chronicles and every conceivable boy.
Speaker 1: Like Ash's continuing Chronicles of Failure.
Speaker 2: Is he's won a league.
Speaker 1: Now won a league.
Speaker 5: Now he's won a league, and it is a current adventure. He has like a decent team like Pikachus still there, probably like level five hundred now, but he's got like a dragon Knight and a gang guar and I'm like, oh, look at a ash like having a decent team for once. But yeah, Like, the latest episode of Poke Tunes came out, and it's just about this girl who wants to be a Pokemon trainer and her parents won't let her, and she wants to be a Pokemon trainer because her dad like lost in the semi finals to be a Pokemon master, and you like find out that the reason he lost and wasn't able to go against the champion is because the person he was facing was the girl that he eventually married and is the girl's mom. And it's it's this cute, adorable, wholesome thing that I love a lot, And it's just about this girl learning what it means to be a Pokemon trainer, and it's a better than anything that the regular Pokemon anime has managed to produce in like every con Why can you watch these? It's on YouTube? I would say, the original episode doesn't have English subtitles yet.
Speaker 3: It's just.
Speaker 5: On their Pokemon Japan's account, but there's been a YouTuber I want to say, is their name is Hey, Hey or.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 5: They've been doing a really good job of translating the poke tune episodes, So yeah, you can do that, or you can be like me and struggle through the original Japanese version and be like, I watch enough anime that I can understand anime Japanese enough to kind of have a loose idea of what they're saying. Is like, I can't speak and understand like real Japanese, but I watch enough anime that I can understand anime version.
Speaker 3: I recognize what that means because I've heard that many times and other media pattern recognition. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's been my week, playing old dr games and watching Japanese anime of Pokemon.
Speaker 1: Nice Michael hyam hit us.
Speaker 3: You you know what the fuck I'm doing. It's Final Fantasy fourteen. What do you want from me? What do you want from me?
Speaker 4: U yo?
Speaker 3: Okay? So Ben talked a bit a bit about it last week. I finally got around to the main story quest of Final Fantasy fourteen Patch five point five to five, and holy shit, that shit is fucking fire, you know what I'm saying? Because then, like all right, like each patch has been each patch but obviously builds up to the next thing, next thing, but this one was kind of it sets up the beginnings of end Walker, which end Walker is coming out in November. But I always feel like they're the team is able to do like cool shit within these patches because there's like no expectations really. But one of my favorite things that they do in Final Fantasy fourteen is do solo instances where you take control of other characters. So you play through Final Fantasy fourteen, there's like so many core main characters alongside you, and it's such a powerful thing when the like characters that you you've battled with and have been the story since like many many years, and you've watched them do dope shit and cut scenes and when they're like your companions in battle, but when you get to take control of them and you get to use their move set, you're like, yo, I am. It's it always comes as a shock to me because they do this sometimes in the in the expansions, but it always it's always this dramatic moment where like some shit is going down, you kind of don't know where it's going, and all of a sudden, like the camera does this like this panning thing and then goes into it goes into you controlling the character, and it's like boom, now you got to fight as this person, Like I just like lose my shit every time. And so the end of five point five to five has like this one last big battle uh to set up the next expansion, and you play as pretty much every character in the Signs of the Semadon, which is like the core cast, and it's it's really fucking cool man. They have like this, it's like this board with like these battle plans with like little ambo like figures of each character in the game, and then the camera's like that does like this little monologue thing like, and then the battle took place on this end of the battlefield and they struggled to do this when this primal was some in there, and it like zooms in on the like the ambo thing, and then boom, you're controlling that character in the game. And it's so fucking cool man, And I'm like, yo, let's fucking go. Oh my god. A Final Fantasy fourteen is never short on these kinds of moments. Man, God damn, that's so cool.
Speaker 1: I need to I think I need to cut you off at this point because if you keep going, I know you will keep going, you won't be able to talk about Miku Expo or what is Thiscenzo Vincenzo.
Speaker 3: So definitely play Fofas fourteen. It's got a free trial up to Level sixty. Award winning expansion Heaven's Word is also included. Vicenzo is a Netflix so it's a Netflix original and it's a k drama, so it's a Korean drama. And I checked this. So my girl checked it out and she was like, yo, we got to watch this shit. She watched the first episode and was like, yo, I'm not going to keep watching this until you catch up on the first episode. So and we've been watching it and it is fucking wild. It's like one of the highest rated shows in Korea now it just came out this year, but it is it's like a I can't I couldn't really tell what it was at first because it's it starts off very serious and dark, and then it's really silly, and then as you kind of watch more and more, you understand that it's a dark comedy but also like a dark drama at the same time, and it towes this line really well almost in like a yakuza kind of sense, to where it knows when to be really silly and it knows when to be very serious. But it has an element of dark comedy to it, so you see some fucked up shit and the show will play it off, as you know, because that's what dark comedy is.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It is fascinating, and it has that element of the It reminds me a lot of Judgment too, like the like the story itself, I'm not gonna say that they drew from Judgment, but there's parallels like it reminds me of the sort of story that is told in Judgment. The Yaku's a spin off. It's it's cool and it's got like yo. I don't know if y'all watch or if y'all keep up with K pop at all, but old school k pop fans will know U Takion from two PM. That dude is so fucking fine. Oh my god, dude, he oh my god. Yeah. There's like a lot of well known Korean actors in this show too, so it's it's really fascinating. Check it out. It's on Netflix. It's twenty episodes long and each episode is a little over an hour, which is a lot. This is like the this is like the the persona length TV show, because that's like more than twenty hours to get through this.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on. We just finished episode five last night and we're like, yo, how many more directions can this show go? We're like only a quarter of the way through, and I feel like we've gone through an entire story. We're almost done with like an entire story arc. So, uh, it is wild. It's kind of an investment, but it's definitely worth a try, I think. And also the past was on Sunday. I think Miku Expo happened, a virtual Meku Expo, and it was such a lovely experience. And if you all know what Meku X Boys, there's a live band that plays the most popular Meku songs and you have like a hologram Meku singing on stage and she's animated, she has all their dance moves and so this one obviously is virtual, so they had like a so it wasn't a hologram per se, was just a basically like a like a v tuber style icon dancing on stage. Uh, and it was it was so cool. Oh my gosh. Their dance moves are wonderful, and there's like it's it's a whole ass spectacle too, because there's lights and there's all kinds of graphics that for those watching and like this, it's like a kaleidoscope trip and in there into and you hear all the it's it's it's always. I always love hearing vocaloid music played live because the live band obviously adds such a such a a real feeling element to these songs that are like produced by artists in their homes or or whatever, and to see them recreated or replayed live by a band is it's a really cool feeling.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I got I got fucking hyped, so micox, but you can probably peep people replay online. But the vocal like music is that sh it's real, man. So definitely check out my you of Hatsumiku Project Eva Mega Mix Off the Switch and you can get my thoughts and feelings about vocaloid as a whole in that review.
Speaker 1: Well, from one expo to another. E three Baby, it is upon us descending like the moon in Majora's mask or the blood moon hanging over Yonim in the best video game of all time, blood Borne, It approaches enough insight made a noise that went and then he shifted in his chair and then put his both his hands on his head, which are the typical reaction to E three. Approaching E three is one of those things which is we we are all undoubtedly excited about it, but we also like why why is this happening again? It's an interesting year for E three, all digital. I don't know about you, you folks, but like in my mind, I would have thought it would be easier to do an E three from home where it's all digital.
Speaker 2: You would have thought.
Speaker 1: Somehow I am not thought, But somehow I am now convinced that flying all the way to lacc, being amongst all those people and having the madness of an in person E three is actually the easier way to go. How are you not feeling about a digital E three in twenty twenty one, Mike Michael?
Speaker 3: Being in person helps you kind of narrow your focus. Yes, that's what I think it is, because when you go digital, there's all these moving parts that you can't really grasp, Like you can put it in a calendar, you can put it in asana motherfuck motherfuckers listening this don't know what a son is. You put it in a project management system, you can organize all you want, but it's so hectic, Like I need to pull up this stream over here, I need to keep my eyes on this stream. I have a flood of emails because when we go into E three, like there's so much pre planning that goes into E three. So like once you land most of the things that most of the logistics are figured out. So then is now now you just have a list. Ok, I need to be here this time, and you need to be at this room at this time. I have space to do this, this and that, and it's all within the confines of E three. So it just it just feels like there's more moving parts than necessary when you go all digital. I feel like, so, so here's the thing. Is like last year when we started doing digital events on the regular, it was there was like a bunch every month. So it's just like months went by, which is like nothing, but did this digital event this digital event? But I think like now that we've kind of crammed it into back into condensed it back into like an E three week or two weeks of E three. It's that same level of hecticness condensed, and I don't think it has made it any easier, but I am glad that we kind of get to get it all over with in a more condensed period of time. It's just it's just really hard to get a grasp of it. And I think that, like we're also trying to do our own thing too with Play for All in our our own efforts, which is really important as well. So I think that expectations for ourselves and trying to keep up with how the industry is moving now with this style of E three has been It's challenging, but I'm glad things are happening. Like there's there's a lot of a lot of bullshit that happens, like when you when you have to work these events and plan for them, but you know, you know, ship's popping. So I that's my That's the silver lining for me, is like you know, at least there's something happening, at least I'm needed, and there are genuinely interesting things to get involved with. So oh that's how I feel.
Speaker 1: Jordan, as as the of of one of the youths of GameSpot, you've in East London. We used to say you coming up all the time. I think it's it's like may need Jake, and I think that that influence. But as one of the youths you've probably been to the few E three is that you've got less to kind of hold on, probably cling onto what's kind of your your kind of take right now with E three because you know a little you know of the old E three, but you're not as attached to it as some of us might be. So how are you feeling about E three?
Speaker 2: I'd say it's weird.
Speaker 5: It's going into this E three feels like what it felt like?
Speaker 2: What how I covered E.
Speaker 5: Three before joining Game Spot, where it's like, oh, we're going into the week of E three and don't have like a very concrete idea of what's going on and what's going to be shown outside of like these huge conferences that everyone's hosting. So I'm going to be sitting at a computer and watching like the YouTube or Twitch live stream of the.
Speaker 2: Event and then doing coverage afterwards kind of based off of that. But it's so weird.
Speaker 5: I think for a grand majority of people like them looking at E three, they'll notice no difference, like it's only for the people who actually work E three and cover E three, which is probably an incredibly small percentage of the gaming community that they're like, oh, man, E three this year is just so incredibly different, Like for vast majority of people, they're just sitting at home watching the press conferences yeah, and then being like, oh, I wonder if there's any more information about this game. Let me go to GameSpot or Kotaku or IGN to see if they've written anything or put up a video.
Speaker 2: So it's going to be I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, it'll be interesting to see, like when E three is over, what the general consensus is like. I feel like a lot of people in our circles will be like, man, I'm not sure if I liked that. I kind of want to go back to the in person event, and whether most people are.
Speaker 2: Like, you know, I'm glad E three was back. That was really cool.
Speaker 5: We got to see some conferences again and everything, and I enjoyed that. And for them it'll be like, oh, this was an E three like any other year, and we're happy it's just back now.
Speaker 1: Jean Luke, you are someone who like at E three, you're always manning the boards, you're doing a lot of like editing and streaming and that kind of stuff. So with that in mind, like a lot of people are probably thinking, oh, John Luke's John Luke's kind of asking this doesn't seem to have changed that much. He's still be working that, but it feels like it's become way more complicated. Is that the case is it? Does it still feel like you're doing the same old things or does it feel like you're doing completely different things, or is it you're doing the same old things with more restrictions. These days, it's.
Speaker 4: Like I'm doing the same old thing with more restrictions, and then I'm being asked to do other stuff on top of that. So yeah, I mean, cause it's like we're still fundamentally kind of doing you know, the same live show. Uh, you know, we're gonna be kind of running the press conferences, got pre and post shows. We're gonna have you know, our are our big two days where we're gonna you know, be like showing off a bunch of different you know, interviews and and and have guests on. So, but it's just infinitely more complicated because it's all remote and the amount of wrangling you have to do there's a lot more pre production this year than I would say in previous years, because you know when when you when you do it at uh LA, it's like, well, everyone's here, so you could just kind of like, you know, grab these these developers and bring them onto the live show where and in this year there's a lot more uh like live to tape where we're grabbing you know, uh developers in advance and and kind of like doing these interviews beforehand so that we're like prepped and ready to share them on those days. So yeah, it's like I'm with Jordan, where it's like fundamentally you're going to look at it and it's going to feel very much the same, but a lot more, a lot more just management and production on the back end this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm I'm in the same way. I think Michael really hit it on the head with how it feels right now. It's really difficult to focus on down on things because it's the it's kind of the issue of the work life balance in a work from home scenario amplified to the highest like possible degree, where you can't switch anything off, like you've got your life happening at the same time as E three, you can't focus on one task because you need to do the non E three tasks of a work day at the same time as an E three task. Whereas when E three rolls around and you're going in person, everything else falls away. Very few people are.
Speaker 2: Few people are there's going to be catering and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, handet's on deck, bro, Yeah, No one's sending you a hand duet to your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and even stuff like oh, like the reviews cycle kind of takes a back seat a bit more Like you know, we had situations where reviews were still happening during E three, but like usually it was less intensive. But right now, the expectation is, you know, reviews games are coming out, so reviews also need to happen at the same time, and you know, like gameplay is going to come through at the same time as streams are happening. So it's it's almost like and when we were at LACC, we'd hire like production companies who'd be around and extra hands would be around, whereas now it's like we're not we're not really doing as much of that. So it's tricky, Michael, You're gonna say something.
Speaker 3: There, Yeah, it's it's like when you work in this, when you work in this industry, whether media or developer or publisher, it's kind of like the week of E three, your life kind of gets to or at least a professional life gets to be put on hold in a in a weird way to where like also the stuff I can well, at least I can say, I can't speak for everyone, but like a lot of a lot of elements of your everyday life are can be put on pause because I'm in La doing this thing. But when you do it digitally, when it's like this, it's like there are a lot of elements of your work life that are still business as usual. I think when when Tam mentioned that, like you know, reviews are still happening, there's still other things happening that that people not involved in E three just don't like they can't even they can't care about it. And I understand that, Yeah, there's also that expectation of I still need to do the everyday things I would have done otherwise I don't get to put those things aren't put on hold for E three because it doesn't have that that when it's all digital, it just doesn't have the same kind of impact their presence in the minds of people, I suppose. And yeah, when you're when you're at home, it's like, well, I still have to worry about my home life. I'm not like just posted up at hotel, like I can trash a hotel. I can just like throw my pants on the floor and allso this stuff I don't got word. No one's gonna judge me. And also other stuff. But it's at home, You're like, ah, man, you know, bless is gonna judge me if I like, if I'm like shirtless in the in the living room eating, eating like a rap or something like a soggy sad hamdu It style rap.
Speaker 5: I mean, take care of yourself. You got to order food, you gotta take out the trash. You have to make sure that you're not a slovn mess.
Speaker 3: Michael in La.
Speaker 1: Michael's acting like he doesn't him do a shirtless in the war room anyway, which he absolutely.
Speaker 2: In the war room.
Speaker 3: It's cold. Yeah, that's another thing too, Like yo, I'm like low key because a lot of y'all was sharing pictures from past e threes and it was kind of nostalgic seeing the war room again, Like I kind of hate that place, but you know what, I kind of miss it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like that it's like that villain that always comes back to get you. Yeah, like an anime. It's like all the stirring villain who's like it's like Team Rockets, you know, the war room is like Team Rocks.
Speaker 1: I think of the war room as tuxedo mosque, which.
Speaker 3: Is like, yeah, that's good. That's that's good too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I feel you like the weird it's it's very very strange, Like I'm the weird thing about me. We're going to get to the actual E three stuff, but we're just talking like almost behind the scene inside and stuff. But for me, the weird thing is like E three is going to be happening on West Coast hours and I'm in and in the UK like yeah, so like and like I have to explain to my family like yeah, I'm doing streams at this time. They're like, what the fuck with your work life balance? Somehow got worse? How did this happen? Like it's just you know this that, and it's it is wild, but like I'm excited about it. But I think that's why I guess the having talked all of this nonsense about how we feel about it and their difficulties of it. The important thing to say is it's still exciting. What we would say the takeaway from this is when you're out there consuming E three content, show some love to the people that are making it, not us. I'm not asking specific to us. Whether it's ign, whether it's you know, any other kind of funny or it's just a random YouTuber who's like, you know, doing recap videos for a couple hundred people. Just remember it's it's difficult. It's it's hard to do that stuff. So show everyone some love. Show show them that you'll tell them that you're watching this stuff and you're enjoying them. Be be cool about it, and and yeah, it's it's gonna be it's gonna be fun. Just just remember that there are humans working incredibly hard on on creating that content, so be appreciative or support them as much as you can. Having said that, Jordan, what would it take for you to just explode with hype at E three if there was a if there was an announcement that's reasonable in chance of like happening, that would make you take your shirt off and pull out a burrito and eat it in front of your roommate with.
Speaker 2: The hell am I grabbing?
Speaker 1: What would it be? And you are banned from saying hollow night silk song.
Speaker 5: Well, I can't even say it because they said beforehand that there's gonna be no Team Cherry at E three this year.
Speaker 2: But that would have been the thing that.
Speaker 1: They should have said. They should have said, we know E three happening, but sadly there will not be a Cherry on top.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wow, I'm so I'm still so miffed Team Cherry is not going to be there.
Speaker 5: But I think for me it would be for someone like Ubisoft, who has now said all the games that we make are ubi Soft originals, to show us a game or project that was a non original that like takes one of their franchises in a interesting way that maybe isn't like super big money for them anymore. Like in my head says that a UBI Soft non original is basically any indie game that you be Soft is like, oh, this game looks dope, let's attach our publishing name to it. But in my heart, my dream is Ubisoft being like, look, we're not changing scope on Assesssen's Creed. We're going more and more Witcher three RPG with every entry. You can't stop us. That said, if there's like a studio out there that wants to make like an eight to ten hour traditional Assassins Creed, we would pay for them to do that. Or if they want to do a visual novel Assassins Creed or a first person shooter Assassin's Creed or splinter Cell or Far Cry or any of their other franchise is just something buck wild in the kind of the same thing as like Cadence of High Rule, where it was like, here's Legend of Zelda in a rhythm dance dungeon crawler game that's like this really weird thing, where Nintendo is like, oh, here's our very beloved ip in a way that we're never going to make because it would not sell nearly as well as a traditional Zelda title, but you can do something creative with it. I would love to see at ubs forward for Ubisoft to be like here's splinter Cell, Here's Assassin's Creed, here's Far Cry, but in a way that either goes back to the reason why people love those games so much, or just in this really weird, bizarre way that it's like, oh, this is cool. Because Ubisoft is making enough money with their mainstream franchises in the direction they're going, they can now pay for other developers to take their ips to try something brand new that looks cool. That's what I want, That's what I want to see. At E three twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: There was a short answer, and you just did not. I think you've forgotten it. So I'm gonna remember it. I'm gonna I'm gonna remind you a boy. It has a Stall Wars license.
Speaker 4: Holy shit they do, Holy shit they do about that?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, who's making that? God?
Speaker 1: Which studio is Uisoft putting on a star Isn't it the Division Team?
Speaker 2: I think yeah it is.
Speaker 3: The Division is a massive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's man, massive massive. What are the chances that we get to see that, Jordan, And what do you want from a Star Wars game?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's You've blown my mind. You've blown my mind with the reminder.
Speaker 1: Because technically that counts as a non Ubisoft original right since it's right since title, so it could be. The other license stuff is the non original games. But oh my.
Speaker 5: God, I was like, my fear is that because the Division team, that it would be a Star Wars game in the same line as the Division. But I don't think that they're going to do that, or at least I hope that they don't do that. I think the Division like embodies what they want out of that genre, so well, it's like, please, don't try to cannibalize yourself by creating two division like games.
Speaker 3: Don't create a division.
Speaker 2: I was trying to avoid the pun.
Speaker 1: I respect it, Michael. You went for the low hanging through as a connoisseur of eating low hanging fruit. I respect this. Secondly, I think Jordan, they are absolutely just gonna make Division but in Star Wars universe, because that doesn't make sense. It makes sense, it makes money. They want to make money, and Lucas Filmed Disney probably like, we want money at this. If we're giving you this, we want money at this. And so you are going to be buying blasters, you're going to be buying different helmets, you're going to be playing for character boosts. But underneath that could have a really cool like you know, Games of Service Star Wars title.
Speaker 5: I would be okay with that if the combat is not the same as the Division two where it's this straight laced third person cover based shooter, very tactical. If you can like throw in some really fancy, crazy Star Wars stuff like jet packs or something like that, maybe make it a little bit more fast paced and an era.
Speaker 2: I'm down for something.
Speaker 4: Like a Star Wars. Would you want it to take place in Era?
Speaker 5: Always might go to his Clone Wars, but I feel like that's been kind of done to death in the past few years between the Felony verse and video games.
Speaker 4: I feel like video games haven't.
Speaker 2: Fall order kind I want to touch on it.
Speaker 1: I want to see a like a rebel fighter taking cover is on half snowy hawth is a snowy one.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, there's a lot of snowy ones.
Speaker 1: Yes, is one of the snowy ast ship. He's shimming along the wall. There's a speeder there. The speeder's door is open, just closes. The door casually carries on sliding over. And there is the Snowdrop Engine remade with new door closing technology. What's the new Star Wars game, Michael, you don't remember this? The door closing from Division where the entire games industry for like a whole month was like, Yo, the way closed the door, and I was like, what the fuck's wrong with you people? Why are you so excited about this door closing animation? Do the kicks? Michael? What's the one announcement that isn't the final of fancy related that will make you pop off with your top off? Yo?
Speaker 3: If okay, so I know listen, If I know this, it won't happen because this is a largely Western conference. But if someone told me that a Persona three remake was happening, I would I would probably I don't know, destroyed.
Speaker 2: Michael.
Speaker 5: We had an E three where Xbox came on stage freaking Xbox Western, like of the Big three out of all of them, Like, hey, by the way, Fantasy Star Online two is coming to the West, Like I don't think your hope is like completely out there crazy.
Speaker 3: Like I've I think I've thought about this for too many years at this point of what a Persona three remake would look like. Obviously it would it would use like the Persona five art style, but like retell that story that so many people haven't experienced yet, especially now, Yo, this is the era of sad games like fuck that happy ship, Yo, Like ratch and clank. Oh, it's like, oh it's nice and bubbly happy. Yeah, you could have that. I want Sad Ship yo, and Persona three is real sad.
Speaker 5: Do you want a more Demon Souls remake where like everything's been like remakes, it's a brand new experience, but it's still basically the same game. Where do you want more r E two r E three where it's like, oh, there's been fundamental changes here where this is.
Speaker 4: Like they have to because that they have to charterists like, you can't, you can't do that in twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: That game is structured in a really weird way that's not too exciting to play, even if you like you revamped the combat system in the graphics and also the ship, like, there's still some fundamental changes that need to be made in order for that to fly. But holy shit, man, I I've had thought about this. I put a lot of thought into this, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So there was a show answer and you didn't get it. Let me remind you. Oh god, uh, you know, producer and director of the Persona series. Since the Persona three is working on a fantasy RPG.
Speaker 3: Project, Refantasy yesh Ship yo, show us what the is that about? They announced that ship like three years ago and said, I peace out, see y'all later. There's Catherine full Body.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, because that's that student studio is zero zero that that's like the old the old persona heads.
Speaker 5: I feel like Tam must know that he's given way too good an answers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm frankically trying to think of right now.
Speaker 3: That'd be dope to see with whatever the fuck that is. But I feel like that's more of a TGS kind of joint.
Speaker 1: So well, he said. He did say he wants to give a development update and show gameplay as soon as possible five months ago.
Speaker 3: What's another few months?
Speaker 1: Jean Luke, what would make you pop off with your top off at E three? I think we've got the title there.
Speaker 5: It's not like an article gallery on games right, where everyone like gives their one hope and dream.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna talk to Matt after this.
Speaker 4: I mean, for me, it would have to be uh news about the new mass Effect. It's like it's like it's not gonna happen. It's hell too early. They just put a legendary They still got Dragon age four I feel like they can't just over like jump over that and go right to mass Efect. But man, if they show the new mass Effect, like oh man, Like I was talking about with like Jake the other night, and we're like we're like trying not to get too hyped about it because we're like, you know, we've been through this before. We got hyped about and Drameda and you know, it was it turned out it was a game. It's a video game. It left me wanting and I was like, all right, I can't do that again. I can't. I can't get too excited about Mass Effect. But what if the new mass Effect's really awesome and they do all this and that, I'm like, oh shit, like cause there's oh, there's just like so much I feel like they could improve, like like replaying it, like I like and Drama I thought did a lot to the combat in terms of you know, like the mobility and and like the weapons feel good, but like the squad mates in that game were like non existent, Like I don't think you can even like directly command them in that one, like, and I'm like there's so much potential with like the squad mates that I feel like they've never fully realized in those games, like you know, they basically all played the exact same but it's like, but what if like my Krogan, what if like Rex actually like behaved like a Krogan and he would just like rush in like a tank and just like you know, body slam a dude or something, and like there, I feel like there is uh so much they could do with that series still that hasn't been tapped into, and I and my mind's just racing with the possibilities. Uh. And also I really really really want to know what the hell they're going to do with that story, because I mean, based on that trailer, if they're trying to follow up on the end of Mass Effect three, that is, ah, that is a hell of a tall order. So that is that would get me real That'd get me real real hyped.
Speaker 1: That was that Well. I was going to say dragon Age for you, but you mentioned dragon Age. I feel like we're in a position where dragon Age is more likely to show up then, so I feel like, of everyone, we are most likely to see Jean Luke pop off of the top off at E three twenty twenty one, and if one cannot wait for it, for me obviously Elder Ring, but if I had to stop myself from Elder and Ring, I would probably go for.
Speaker 3: God, what about that Dark or Bloodborne on PC?
Speaker 1: I would take that if it was If it was Yeah, PC Gaming Show, blob on PC, pop off of top off is happening.
Speaker 3: I think we're getting I think we're getting Persona five on PC at PC Gaming Show, are you? I think so? Well, there's a bunch of right yeah, yeah, there's like a Microsoft like it was rated for a Microsoft system in Korea. People are saying like it was rated for Xbox. I think it was just under it was Microsoft, so it could probably be PC. I don't think that they would do strip Xbox, but who knows, not.
Speaker 2: Play it for a third time?
Speaker 4: What God damn you missed a potential good answer, though, which is we still don't know what blue points next big project is.
Speaker 1: That's a good pointe Whereas Metal Gear I've already said they should do a Metal Gear Man. That would absolutely make me pop off with my top and bottom off.
Speaker 3: Whoa wait, so so what other than Elden Ring, it would.
Speaker 1: Be a Blue Point metal g remake? Yeah, John, who got me with my own stick? My own bit well played.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to listener questions. If you would like to send a question in you can send it to after Dark podcast at redventures dot com. Alternatively, you can join the discord, where there are various avenues to send us questions, including a special channel dedicated to sending after Dark questions. And if you'd like access to that, you can hit up myself or Lucy or I think Sean Marck on Twitter and ask for an invite and we will check whether you're wrong or not. If you are wrong, and you will be denied entry because we want to preserve the sanctity of our very nice and wholesome community. But those are the ways that you can do it. First question comes from a game Spot fan and it's going to be read by Michael Hyam.
Speaker 3: All right, so Michael Mayam asked, do you like CDs or tapes?
Speaker 1: What a great name that lad has. I hope he has a long, unfruitful life.
Speaker 3: I hope you. I hope you checked if he was a wrong, and.
Speaker 1: Yep, I did not. Based on that name, I can almost certainly guarantee he is. I like I like tapes, tape these nutsty I knew it. I knew it, Michael, I want to know. I want you to know that I read that and I was like CDs or tapes. I've seen these both.
Speaker 3: Both of these. I'm gonna I learned that joke in third grade and I will never let go.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to willingly walk into this for the band well played. The next question comes from n dubs. Can we get a reading of this question please? Jordan?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Back when conventions were a thing, I went to a talk from one of the designers behind Alien Isolation. During the presentation, they talked about how they tested the aliens AI by making it narrate where it thought the player was, and given where creative Assembly we were based, it had a rural English accent.
Speaker 2: I did not know that that's cool.
Speaker 5: This made me love the game even more than I already did. Are there any behind the scenes tidbits that you've heard during your time with game developers that you think are really cool? Gosh, I'm sure the answer is yes, But I'm drawing, so that's the thing.
Speaker 4: The one that always comes to mind for me is a story from the original h oh Man Flight game. The name oh is already going.
Speaker 3: On Chrisk guys.
Speaker 4: Uh, the the one that Mark Hamill was in.
Speaker 1: In Force Squadron Stars.
Speaker 4: No Squadrons, No, no, no, no, not a Star Wars game.
Speaker 3: Uh fuck Microsoft?
Speaker 1: About the perpetually in development money pit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, made by that guy. But he made before that. Oh man, oh oh, this is gonna drive me nuts anyway, that game flight game. I'm desperately googling Flight space game.
Speaker 3: You're talking about Star Citizen.
Speaker 4: But the guy who made Star Citizen the game he made before that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't know. Uh, perpetual money, perpetual money fit that his start Citizen.
Speaker 4: Uh, Christopher, Wing Commander. There we go, Wing Commander, Jesus, I figured it out, Tam figured it out.
Speaker 1: I had to go into the depth of my mind. You've made me feel older than I already figured.
Speaker 4: I don't know why that was so hard to remember, Commander. But in the original Wing Commander, there was a bug where if you crash when you would quit out of the game, like it only happened when you quit, the game would like crash and it would pop up like a little error screen, and they they could never figure out how to make it not do that. But they're like, well, I mean this is like shippable because it only happens when you quit, so it's not a big deal. But you know, like, what are we gonna do? It pops up this error screen, So they just went into the code and they changed the error message to just say thank you for playing Wing Commander. That is amazing some ingenuity.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of one. Oh god, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: Like all the behind the scenes stuff that I know is things that I feel like it's public knowledge, like someone story. Yeah, like I either wrote about it or someone else wrote about it, and like it went around Twitter and people are like, oh, that's really cool, and so it's not like this really secret behind the scenes thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure I know some, but my memory sucks so much that I also I'm not sure which ones I'm allowed to say you're not, So I'm just gonna I think.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: I think for me, anytime I talk about localization with like folks at Sega or or at LIS or SCREENIX, I think it's always it's always fascinating to hear about how they how they go about it, just like how much creative freedom they have where they draw from obviously, like those are those are turned into stories and all that, But every time I hear them, I'm always I'm always fascinated about how how much of their voice is also a part of that game whenever they do localization, because it has to be. Whenever I talk to Scott Stricker about like the next yakus A game, which I've talked to him multiple times, it's always he always has something new to share, something fascinating to share. Oh, I think one thing that so Scott Stricker and John Riisebach, who's now over at eight four is I think one interesting thing was that when they did the English lyrics for the all the karaoke songs and Yakuza Like a Dragon, John Raisbach and Scott Strickert wrote those songs, wrote the English versions of those songs because yeah, Like a Dragon is the first core Yakuza game that was voiced in English, so and also has karaoke, so they had to do English versions of all those karaoke songs. But obviously you can't just like translate the lyrics because there's there's a song, there's a rhythm, there's cadence that has to follow, so they basically have to rewrite the songs but have the same spirit. So knowing that them two were the only ones who worked on rewriting those songs and had all of the voice actors performed them no matter whether or not they could or wanted to do it, I think that's that was a really fascinating thing because again, like I said, that's them using their own voice to portray such a like a big part of that game. Even though they are the localizers, they're still very much what that the ethos of what that game ends up being. So I think that's what I'll go with.
Speaker 2: Just go watch audio logs everyone.
Speaker 5: It's just filled a bunch of like behind the God of War episode is probably my favorite, but they're all really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some like audio Logs is full of behind the scenes stuff, Like there's the one for Death Stranding about the crab. They had to bring a crab in to model the crab so they could have loads of crabs on the beach, but in the process, sadly the crab perished and they held like a eulogy for the crab and buried it rest in peace. Crab from Death Stranding, which now every time I see a crab, I'm like, you're all the same fucking crab. This is ridiculous, lazy game. Wow, yeah, Jean Luke, you've got a fun little game for us, prepared I do. So.
Speaker 4: This was sent in from Kevin from West Hartford, who sent in a couple of weeks ago, but I thought it would be a good time to pull this out. So it's a little game, he says, Hey, crew, I've smashed together the names and descriptions of a movie and a game. For example, a group of vampires struggle to cope with their modern job hunting giants would be what we do in the Shadow of the Colossus. Oh okay, so that's gonna be the game.
Speaker 1: This is clearly stolen from igans Focus and also which was also stolen by kind of Funny, But we're gonna claim this as our own creation. Excell done cool, our own game.
Speaker 4: Fantastic. So join us in this very original game created by the one and only Kevin from West Hartford. So let's see who can get the most right First up?
Speaker 2: Can you like go through?
Speaker 5: So it's basically a title that like combines a game, and we have to guess what the game and movie exactly.
Speaker 4: So he's going to kind of read a description and then we have to do the combination. Okay, So first one up, the school has to meet behind the new headmasters back to learn how to become a defense attorney.
Speaker 3: School.
Speaker 1: I think it's behind. So is it a movie and a game?
Speaker 4: Movie and a game Ace Attorney and a A U A. I know what the two are. I don't know how to form it into a title.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's clearly Ace Attorney. So the second one is Attorney.
Speaker 4: Uh Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, right, I think that's what it is. I think that's what.
Speaker 1: All those games called Phoenix right though I thought they're called Ace Attorney.
Speaker 4: They're called Phoenix right, Ace Attorney.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe wow.
Speaker 2: That's they were.
Speaker 1: That's not what they were from all the sides.
Speaker 4: Well that was probably Japanese. Yes, it was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, right, Ace Attorney.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's that's a mouthful.
Speaker 4: That's all right. Number two, Huge Monsters attack a new sci fi colony that already has plenty of problems on its own.
Speaker 1: Oh, movie and game Huge Monsters. So it's Kaiju related Pacific colony, sci fi colony, wilds World's out of worlds?
Speaker 3: Is it or is.
Speaker 1: It a I don't know Fallout New Vegas.
Speaker 2: Vegas is a good chat.
Speaker 4: I can't tell which parts of the movie and which parts of the game, the monsters, the sci fi.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can get this.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I can get either.
Speaker 1: Go on, what is it?
Speaker 2: What is past?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Pacific Rim, World.
Speaker 2: Technic up both of them?
Speaker 1: Why did you want doubt me Pacific Rim, Like you think of monsters and you don't think of Pacific Rim. You think of.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: No, but they're like Pacific Rim is about being in robots fighting.
Speaker 2: You have to get in the robots to fight the monsters. I can't believe I'm just saying. I'm just saying myself.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying Kaiju Kaiju is like the second category of description for Pacific Number one is like robots, big robots.
Speaker 3: Get the fucking robot tam all right?
Speaker 4: Next one up. A musician must infiltrate a frozen island before he loses his hearing.
Speaker 3: Ah, this is definitely is this? No, I was thinking metal Gear because of the opening of m G S one.
Speaker 1: What I was thinking too, Yeah, frozen island? So what uh?
Speaker 5: Subnotica Deep Zero that takes place on a frozen island under water.
Speaker 1: That feels like a two niche so frozen. I'm thinking, like Turnrado, what's the is it? Rise?
Speaker 4: The second one?
Speaker 3: Rise? The cold the cold one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tropical freeze? I guess.
Speaker 3: The wait can you say it again? John?
Speaker 4: A musician must infiltrate a frozen island before he loses his hearing. See infiltrate makes me think metal gear?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I think shadow Moses is the right? Is the right? Care for something? Gear solid? Uh? So musician? Though what movies involved?
Speaker 3: Maybe it has to do with.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man solid. Uh yeah, I don't get this. I'm terrible by this stuff.
Speaker 4: All right, go on. It is the sound of metal gear solid?
Speaker 2: So where does the sound like.
Speaker 1: Sound of music?
Speaker 4: The sound of music but with metal gear solid?
Speaker 1: This game sucks? Man?
Speaker 4: That was okay?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Uh? We got a few more. Uh. A shrewd turn of the century. Entrepreneur must find the source of a mysterious plague.
Speaker 1: Mysterious play Okay, isn't the first one.
Speaker 2: What's that Christmas movie with the I got it?
Speaker 4: TAM's got it?
Speaker 1: There will be bloodborne that's.
Speaker 4: Gotta be it. Yep, there will be bloodborn yew of course.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: In the near future, robot boxing is the norm and fought with an insanely expensive proprietary controller.
Speaker 3: Near it is part of this I bet robot boxing.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the Gerard Butler movie Citizen Game?
Speaker 3: No, it's called gamer. No, that's not that. I think it's called I think I know Citizen Game.
Speaker 2: What's that? Uh?
Speaker 3: A big fan?
Speaker 5: It's the movie where like you think of the movie box each other and that's like a huge jack someone, uh.
Speaker 1: Maybe rock them stuck and robot stuff.
Speaker 3: Let's see Hugh Jackman robot movie. Wow, there's an auto fill right there. Steal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go, so real steal. What's the other part of it?
Speaker 4: A group of iconic heroes must work as a team. Oh no, sorry, that's a different one. Apologies.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: In the near future, robot boxing is the norm and fought with an insanely expensive proprietary controller. Oh uh real Steel Battalion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wha wow, that's that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Pretty good.
Speaker 4: I like that. I like that one, all right. Next one, a group of iconic heroes must work as a team to defeat a rival group of champions. I feel like that just describes.
Speaker 5: There's games that are like a team of heroes. There's a lot of j RPGs that are a.
Speaker 1: Team of heroes, iconic heroes. The movie has iconic Yeah, it's Avengers, Avengers Avengers. What's the second part the game?
Speaker 4: To defeat a rival group of champions?
Speaker 3: I was thinking of maybe Apex Legends.
Speaker 5: I'm like, is there any multiplayer game where the characters are referred to as champions?
Speaker 1: Isn't it Apex?
Speaker 2: They're called Legendions of Legends?
Speaker 1: Okay, champions, but like, if you win, you're a champion.
Speaker 4: Quake Quake is the champions one. I don't think this was a reference to Quaid Champions.
Speaker 2: What the character is called in League of Legends? Do they have uh denomination?
Speaker 4: I got to ask someone who actually plays that ship. I don't think I can get this money there?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: It is ah Justice League of Legends.
Speaker 2: So Jordan was on.
Speaker 3: That's that's not bad, That's all right. It's a little vague description.
Speaker 4: But it's a good it's a good Yeah, it's a good good play, all right. And the last one, the sole survivor of an apocalypse will save the princess using an ancient relic.
Speaker 2: Mario in there.
Speaker 3: Maybe Legend of Zelda.
Speaker 2: Makes more sense.
Speaker 4: Apocalypse makes me think of Tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait, that's the movie, right, I don't know, so survivor of Apocalypse.
Speaker 3: I am legend there is?
Speaker 2: That is good?
Speaker 4: Give that was.
Speaker 3: At least I got one?
Speaker 4: All right? Well, there you go. That was all of them. Thank you, Kevin. That was fun.
Speaker 3: Thank you that wasn't bad.
Speaker 1: Thank you to Kevin from Hartford?
Speaker 4: Is it West Hartford?
Speaker 1: I believe West Hartford for that great little game there. If you have your own game that you'd like us to play, send it over and we will think about it. We'll think long and hard about it, and then we might in the meantime, Where can we find you? And what are you up to? Michael I Am?
Speaker 3: Oh, you can find me and all my bullshit on Twitter dot com slash Michael P. Higham and he stands for you know. Yay, now you got it? Uh yeah, check out y'all. Okay, okay, mind, I'm not going to talk about Peno next time with this podcast. What you've been playing or doing. I'm gonna talk about y'all some fire Pino I found. But anyway, don't do that yet. Actually, head over to GameSpot dot com and check out all our efforts with play for All in our coverage of three. And if you want to see me in particular, keep up with E three's official coverage because you got to see your boy on there.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 3: So uh, E three, I think are the official ESA coverage starts on Saturday and goes on until Tuesday, and we're going to be covering each of the press conferences, doing our pre and post shows and analysis and all this other stuff. And I suspect I'm gonna be a part of most of that. So yeah, if you want to hear my dumb ass and see my, see my, I'm gonna be swagged down and everything. Oh shit, yo, I got I got a I got a wardrobe budget. Now I don't, but I'm gonna look like I do. So check out the official E three coverage and peep your boy doing his thing.
Speaker 1: And Michael has been working out, he's been running, he looks he looks in shape, he looks healthy. I mean, he always looked good, but now he looks like he is.
Speaker 3: Just powerful waiting for this moment.
Speaker 1: Wait. This is why we created the segment pop Off with your Top Off because because I'm about to what if one of those during one of those ESA streams, expect Michael to just rip hish off like the whole Commania is coming to E three twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Brother, I'm going to be I'm a fucking suplex Greg Miller through the stage, watch.
Speaker 1: Damn and then just whispering to say that one was from games Book.
Speaker 3: Pull up, motherfucker. What's up?
Speaker 1: Uh? Jordan Ramey, what you up to? And where can people find you?
Speaker 5: They can find me on Twitter at j M Remy and I am on a few play for all things that we'll probably be up in the next week. I'm honestly not entirely sure about the exact schedule for each individual video, but you'll see my face eventually. Other than that, guess is going to be hardcore covering a lot of the live streams and announcements that are going to be happening over the next week. So you will just probably see my name on a lot of bylines for the next seven days.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, John Luke, what are you up to? And where can people find you? The maystro John Luke.
Speaker 4: You can find me at John Xpke on Twitter, And you're not gonna really see me on anything during E three. But if there's a video, if there's anything live, if you're watching an interview, I've had my in my hands involved in some some fashions. Yeah, I'm just trying to try and keep everything together.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I think if there's anyone out there who's proficient at creating Twitter bots, create one that is just thank you John lukebot, which will just send John looka thank you every day during three, that would be that would be pretty sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For me, you'll find me on the internet at to more h on Twitter, and I'll be doing various things in front of and behind the camera at E three. Yeah. Like I said, please keep it locked and make sure you are telling your favorite creators that you appreciate their work to give them that little boost of energy through the through the next couple of weeks, which is going to be very difficult and busy. And I'm not saying specifically us. Hit up some I G and folk, hit up some I don't know, Upper cryit folk, help some uh kind of fan by.
Speaker 3: That's my game.
Speaker 1: Everyone hit them up and tell them that you appreciate their work and we will see you next week.
Speaker 3: Goodbye, Peak