Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of Bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with the strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www Dot Untold Radio network dot com today?
Speaker 2: Now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog. Something killed your dog? My dog. We're flying through there over the tree. I don't know how it did it? Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and na would dead and once you hit the ground. I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence.
Speaker 3: Mad.
Speaker 2: Are you reporting we got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? It enough out here looking. I'm new to one down now and I don't need anything. I don't want to go outside. Hello, hit the buddy out here? What quent on out there? I thought of a bitch about tech foot nine. I don't know, easy and out there. Yeah, I'm walking right, heady.
Speaker 1: I'm from some Welcome our guest to the show. It is Mitch from Michigan. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I've been looking forward to this. I appreciate your rescheduling. I know we had some scheduling issues in the past. I appreciate you working with us and getting back on to talk about your experiences. Let's get into this bigfoot thing. Let's start where I start with most people. What guy you interested in the subject of bigfoot to begin with?
Speaker 4: I was one of those kids that always had an interest in the paranormal to begin with, just whatever I could find about the subject of bigfoot, aliens, ghosts, things like that. For some reason, I've just always had a fascination with it.
Speaker 1: That's where most people start with this. It's what happened with me. I got interested in cryptids at a very young age, the Lockness Monster with my cryptidive choice, and then I was hearing bigfoot stories in and around the area I was growing up in North Georgia. So I'm definitely right there with you when it comes to that. But I know you here to talk about some experiences. Let's get into your experiences. Why don't you take us back to where you were, what you were doing, and tell us what happened to you.
Speaker 4: Okay, So a little backstory going into this. I have always really been into off roading and camping and backwoods hiking and things like that. The state of Michigan has miles of off road or RV trails as we call them, and there's different types for dirt bikes, four wheelers, side by sides, and then the jeeps and everything like that, and it's all based off wheelbase size. So there's got to be a few thousand miles of trail like that in the northern half of Michigan's Lower Peninsula, and then one thousand more in the Upper Peninsula where it's much more rural. Up there, it's almost like a completely different place. So in January of twenty eighteen, I bought my first brand new four wheeler, and I was taking this thing out every chance I had, like even in the middle of winter. We had a pretty mild winter that year, so a lot of the places I was going to were just like frozen mud pits and it was a miserable, but you got to get out and play with the new toy, right, So we had a pretty good break in the weather in April that year, and I decided to go to this little camping spot that I grew up going to. I've been to this place several times over the years. This campground is pretty isolated. The road to get to it is probably about seven or eight miles off of the main road that you take to get to the forest entrance, and when you get to this campground, it dead ends at a lake. And there's nothing else on this lake. There's no houses, there's no nothing. It's just a rustic wroral campground. You got fire pits in an outhouse and that's all you get, and a cleared out area to set your tent and everything up. So when I went up there, the whole area was pretty well floated out with snow melt water. I was going through probably needy water holes just to get back to this spot. I get there, I'm the only person there. There's no one else around. I didn't even see another car on my drive in. I didn't see any thing that gave me any reason to think that somebody had been there. No fresh tire tracks, no garbage. There still was a bit of snow on the ground, but no ice on the water. But there was a few spots where I could see snowmobile tracks, and it was one of those things where there was still snow in the spots where the trees would cast a shadow during the daytime I.
Speaker 5: Got up there.
Speaker 4: I went up there after I left work that day, and I got up there at about seven thirty at night. And mind you, I'm in a tent and I've got all my stuff in my truck. That whole time I was maybe it was about six thirty or seven o'clock at night, that doesn't matter. Pretty late in the day, and the whole time I'm out there, I'm here in things that sound like rocks getting thrown into this lake. I'm not seeing any birds, and I know that there's migratory birds that come through the area in that time of year, but I'm not hearing geese honking. I'm not hearing ducks quacking things like that. It's just these random little splashes in the water that I'm hearing at different times throughout the day. And it never failed that. It was like I would look out at the water, right, I'd look out at the water, and then i'd turn around to get something out of my truck, and then I'd hear a splash. Okay, this is interesting. So it gets dark out, I cannot find any dry firewood, so I'm screwed there. I had stopped and got something to eat on the way up, so I wasn't too awfully hungry, so I just I had my tent set up. I crawl into bed, and I'm zipped up in my sleeping bag, laying on my cot and I go to bed that night, and I fall asleep that night. Whenever I go out on one of these little trips, I always wear a wristwatch, just so I don't have to fumble around looking for my phone if I wake up and want to know what time it is. I look at my watch and it is about one. I think it was around one thirty in the morning. I'm laying there because like it was, something just jolted me awake. Don't know what it was, just this jolt. I'm awake, I'm alert, dark, my eyes are looking around. Of course it's dark. I can't see anything. This lake is it runs northwest to southeast right so at an angle, the long part of it does. And from the north end of this lake, I hear something that sounded an awful lot like a wolf calling, like a wolf bang, like hell on at the moon like in the movies. So I hear that one he's on the far end of the lake. And then a couple of minutes later I hear two more at the south end, and when the other two at the south end sounded off. Have you ever been to a concert and the base is so loud you feel it like vibrating the air in your lungs. I got that feeling, like the air in my chest was vibrating. While these other two are calling off at the south end of the lake. It's so hard to judge, like you're in the dark, you're in the woods, and you're sitting on a body of water, so it's almost I don't know how to judge the distance of how far away they were. I just know how big this lake was. I don't know exactly where they were, but they sounded super close, or at least it felt that way. And I'm laying there and I'm like, okay, Michigan dn R officially at the time, and I don't even think now they're saying there's a wolf population in the lower Peninsula, not in the area that I was in any ways, they have been found in the upper Peninsula, though, I'm like, Okay, this is really cool, this is interesting. I get to tell this story to my friends that I'm hearing these wolves calling. So I'm kind of laying there and mind you, I'm trying to figure out what's going on out here and the forest goes completely dead silent on me. Here, a pin drops silent, which never happens in the woods very rarely, even to the point where there was not even a breeze, like there was no wind moving through the trees, moving branches and stuff around. And then this is the crazy part about this, after a good minute or two of silence, it was like every possum, raccoons, squirrel, bird, mouse, everything in the forest just all at once starts going nuts, making all kinds of distressed calls, kind of like when you go to a baseball game and somebody hits a home run in the crowd goes crazy for a minute, something like that. But like with the wildlife, and I've met people that have hiked the entire Appalachian Trail. I've met that have never heard that. I've met people and have backpacked Alaska have never experienced that. I've talked to hunters that have hunted Michigan their entire lives. Nobody can give me a straight answer on exactly what this is. Mind you, I haven't bothered to find a scientist to ask, but I would sure as I'd like to know what happened. So this all goes on for a good minute, and I'm laying there scared out of my mind at this point, too afraid to move because I just got this terrible feeling that it was in my best interest not to move, and I tried to slow my breathing down so I wasn't making any kind of noise, nothing of the sort. And then I hear this crack down the way from me. I hear like it was like a big piece of wood got broken, like a big stick crack, and then footsteps, about seven or eight of them, and whatever it was, it walked the distance of this campground right by my tent up in the tree line, which is a distance of about sixty or seventy yards, and about seven or eight steps, and then just trailed off into the woods. I didn't sleep that night, not to sound like Captain Badass, but I did have a gun with me, and I was just too damned afraid to even ZiT my sleeping bag to reach for it, because I was just thinking like, whatever is out there is really big and probably hungry, and I don't want to mess with it. And I feel like I'm being given like some kind of a warning to stay in place, so I stay zipped up in the bag all night. Daybreak comes around six point thirty in the morning. I got out, looked around, couldn't find a track, couldn't find a broken stick. I couldn't even find any kind of scat, no nothing sign of animal at all. So I packed up my stuff and I left. That's about the end of that story.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to There's a couple of questions I have, but I want to go back specifically to this first. Was there a point in your mind that it clicked for you that this may be an encounter with sasquatch or were you still trying to rationalize it as being some known animal that you might be dealing.
Speaker 4: With after the fact, The thought definitely crossed my like it was one of those moments of did that just really happen? Was that really? Could that have been? Because whatever it was on two legs, it didn't have the same rhythm that something on four legs makes. That thought, like I was just kind of laying there, Holy shit, was that really bigfoot that just came wandering through here? Because they have been reported in this area before, or there's been sightings in this area, I don't know if anybody has actually claimed of gotten relatively close to one or not, but they're supposedly in the area. And that thought did cross my mind back when all the shows were on TV and I kind of lived in the a little further north. Did I kind of experiment? Yeah, I was the guy I left a jar of peanut butter out on a tree stump one time in the back forty of my dad's property with the trail cam aimed right at it, like ten feet away. No clue what I'm doing. Let's just see what happens. And squirrels normal squirrels and what have you showed up for that? But yeah, the thought, actually the joke was with my wife when I told my life this story. If she's like trying to quantify this whole explosion of noise that I heard from the wildlife, and I was like, Babe, listen to me. If Bigfoot was a pro wrestler, this was what he would walk down to the ring to this, just like his entrance music is all the sounds of the jungle going nuts, right.
Speaker 1: It's the rockheading to the rain. That's what you'd expect to hear exactly. This may sound like a strange question, to you, but trust me, there's a method to my madness. Literally right before we hopped on to do this interview today, I was working on a show that I'm going to put out here in a couple of days as we record this able to drop on Wednesday. It's about the possibility of a sasquatch being able to telepathically communicate or share things with people during these encounters. And I have to be honest with you, this has definitely been a progression for me. It has been a growth spurt for me in Bigfoot just over the last twelve months because for the long a time, I was a very skeptical person. Still am skeptical about whether these things existed or not until I had my experiences last last summer that completely put that to bed for me. Now I know that these things exist. So I'm looking at other areas of this and one of the things that came up for me recently, and this is what I'm putting this out on Wednesday for. And I'm going to ask you this question because I think it might pertain to this, or at least I'm going to ask the question and see where it goes. I was interviewing somebody recently within the last couple of months, and they mentioned to me about this podcast called the Telepathy Tapes, and it doesn't have anything to do with the Bigfoot. It's a documentarian who put together this podcast. She interviews several PhDs that are involved with specifically nonverbal and very minimally verbal autistic children and young adults. And what doctor Powell, this PhD, this research scientist found was that while she was talking to these people about their interaction with their children, this apparent telepathic communication with one or more of the parents or a teacher or a clinician was coming up over and over, and stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages. And long story short. She does a lot of experiments. She's a scientist, so she starts to study this. She's got peer reviewed things that are out there that she's done, these peer reviewed studies that she's done that found, in my opinion, if you listen to all ten episodes of this, and I think there's three or four bonus episodes, I don't know anybody that can walk away from that and not believe that, at least in this individual or this group of people. Let's say telepathy is real. So once that happened for me, then I start looking at some of the things. I don't know how big you are into the Bigfoot research, or how many people you know in Bigfoot, or how deep gone down the rabbit hole. But Christopher Noel is one of those people that has had this very controversial and almost laughable depending on the company you keep, theory that Sasquatch are possibly autistic savants, and he documents a lot of things that people have talked about through their encounters, and I've documented some of these very things. I probably interviewed at this point over a thousand people that have had Bigfoot experiences, and there are a lot of parallels to be drawn there. But like most people in the community, I laughed at Christopher's savant theory until I got into the telepathy tapes. And this is all coming full circle for me because there's so many times in these experiences and I was talking as you were recounting your experience, I was making notes about your experience, and you had this feeling that you shouldn't move, you needed to stay where you were. I think you even said it was almost like a warning for you. That you do not need to move at this point. Now, I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, and I'm not trying to turn this into some wo or high strengthness conversation. But I guess the question here in this diatribe would be, did you feel in the moment or even now in retrospect looking back, do you think that it was just the adrenaline in the situation, it was the fear in the situation, it was your obviously you're a pretty experienced outdoorsman. Did you just know if there's a big predator in the area, I should probably stay put. Or do you think there could have been something to the fact that in some way, shape, form or fashion, the sasquatch was giving you this for lack of a better term.
Speaker 4: So, I have wondered that this whole theory about sasquatch potentially being an autistic savant, that's pretty new to me. The telepathy tapes, I think I may have for some reason that's ringing a bell with me. But as far as like the signaling goes, I have been in areas so years before this whole thing happened to me. I was working in British Columbia, Canada. We would go into very remote areas, seventy eighty miles away from the closest road. Never once did I have any suspicions that sasquatches anywhere. It's in the Northwest like that. But having been in areas where I've seen black bears, I've seen grizzly bears, I have seen mountain lions up in the mountains like that. Never got the same feeling in an area where you're around these big apex predators. Not the same feeling. You'll get that feeling that you're being watched, right. They say that's because your vision kind of detects something that your brain hasn't quite focused on too yet. But you saw something and that's what's triggering that. But once again, haven't been in these areas with these large predators. I never got this feeling of you need to stay put right now. Like never anything that was like directly broadcasted to me, for lack of a better term. Yeah, you would catch a smell of one, or would you know if you can hear, if you see the brush move and you know there's something there and it's probably too late at that point. But never did I get that feeling of you need to stay perfectly still because I'm gonna mess you up if you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's why I asked the question, because there's so many times I've had conversations and it's not every single time, it's probably not even sixty percent of the time, but maybe in forty percent of the conversations I have with people, they feel like they've had this experience with what they believe to be a sasquatch. So I'm just getting into it. I'm starting to look way more and going down this rabbit hole on telepathy. I'm sure my listeners, I'm a very nuts and bolts Ockham's razor former police officer. I'm all about the evidence, and I'm all about the flesh and blood. And now I'm talking about Bigfoot possibly being sabots and being able to use telepathy. People are gonna probably say I'm batshit crazy at this point.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie. I thought you were getting a little out there on me when you laid that.
Speaker 1: One, because if you know anything about me, you know that I don't take that approach at all. I am very hard nosed when it comes to particularly hoaxes. I don't really get into bashing people for their experiences, but there are people who claim some pretty out there things. Mike Patterson with a Sasquatch Ontario comes to mind. He's claiming that they're materializing in his cabin and taking things off the counter, and he's having marbles materialize and hit him in the head, and he's having indoor vocalizations, and these things are taking selfies on his couch. I can't really go down that road with you.
Speaker 4: So he's claiming that he's getting like poultrygeist activity from Sasquatch's house.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah. If you're not familiar with sasquatch Ontario's YouTube channel and Mike Patterson, do yourself a favor after this is over, take ten minutes, go down the rabbit hole and watch his latest video with him and Dwayne. Okay, you will be blown away and you'll probably send me a message later going why did you ever tell me to watch that? It's very interesting, stubbed, But this has been something that's gone on for them for probably fifteen years. They've been doing this. I'm pretty sure that Dwayne is perpetuating this hoax. He claims that Sasquat's talk to him there's this certain voice that they use. You'll see when you get down the rabbit hole.
Speaker 4: He's got like some skipwalker ranch type of thing going on.
Speaker 1: Then, Yeah, except for the fact that it's simply this dude is hoaxing him and he is hook line and sinker believing everything that he says. But outside of that, yeah, it's possible that he's got poultry geist activity with Bigfoot hitting him in the head, with marbles that are materializing out of thin air inside of a cabin. Speaking of other weird things, I think you and I are in one of those groups together because we've had similar experiences throughout our lives, not only with Bigfoot, but with other strange things. Would you mind telling us about your other strange experience that you had with something outside of Bigfoot.
Speaker 4: So, in what was it, September? Yeah, September of twenty twelve, I saw a UFO once again in northern Michigan. The town I was staying in at the time was about eighty miles due south of the mackinaw Bridge, close enough. I was out walking my dog. Mind you, in this area, there's a Air National Guard base south of that town. So when I was up there, and the guard was up there doing their thing like I would see military helicopters and stuff like that flying around on the regular, which you know, cool. The property that I was staying at, So here was the road, here was the house, like the area you'd call the yard was about a full acre, and then the property kind of dip down into a valley and back up to a hill. So I was out walking the dog. I was walking west because the sun was setting in front of me, and the dog stops and she starts shaking like something like very stressed, but won't move tail between her legs all that. So I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with her, and I'm looking around and I get this feeling of like static electricity all over my body. And I turned around and I look east, and I look straight up, and there was this object that was about the same size as like a full moon in the sky would be. And this is about seven o'clock in the afternoon. There was an object about the size of what a full moon would look like in the sky hovering. So if this hill's only eighty feet tall and the tallest tree on it is sixty feet tall, this thing was the distance if you took that one hundred and forty foot here's the top of the trees is one hundred and forty feet from the top of the hill, and then another one hundred and fifty two hundred foot up is where this object was, and it's changing colors. It was going blue red, orange, blue, red, orange, blue, red, orange. Disappeared. I never blinked, I never looked away, never lost my light of sight, nothing. It just vanished before my eyes. It didn't fly off into space, it didn't shoot off into the distance at incredible speed. It vanished.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy. I've had a couple of UFO incidents. One was closer than the other. I saw a UFO when I was sixteen with my mom back in the day. This thing was probably seven or eight hundred feet away from us, so relatively close, and it was freaking huge. It sounds very similar, but there was no lights. This thing was completely metallic. There were no seams, no rivets, no lights, no nothing, just one big assive metallic chunk with the moonlight reflecting off of it. But so many people are having those experiences with these things, very similar to what you're speaking about, with these lights that are flashing. It's very close to there's no mistaking that you're looking at a real piece of equipment from somewhere.
Speaker 4: Something is there. Yes, But originally, like when that happened, I thought it was something like the military was screwing around doing something because once again, I'm pretty close. I was less than fifty miles away from an International Guard base. But you know, when those helicopters fly by, they can be a couple miles away from you and it is like deafeningly loud when they come cruising through. You know what that is. But it was dead silent, and where that static feeling came from. I don't know why the dog was so scared, I don't know. But after this thing disappeared, it was kind of like the crickets started chirping again, the birds started chirping again. Just everything slowly came back to life after this thing vanished. I remember like just standing there in awe. Did that really just happened?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: I think? It was? Similar feeling to what I had with the Bigfoot encounter a few years later, But yeah, that one. Have you been following the thing with the drones flying around in New Jersey and all up and down the East Coast somewhat. Yeah, have you followed the plasmoids that people are seeing. I've seen a view videos that were filmed up and down the East Coast where a lot of these drones are being spotted. There's a couple of them that are pretty close to what I saw. But I just imagine that, for whatever reason, it looks different when the camera is looking at it, just for reasons I don't understand. But I've even been reading into the idea that they're saying that it might be possible that plasma might be conscious and it's a naturally occurring phenomenon that just it floats around in space and does some crazy stuff when it enters our atmosphere, and it's conscious, it's thinking, it reacts, and it's a form of life that we don't understand yet. But there it was.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely going to be going down the rabbit hole of plasma now, I'm going to be into telepathy and plasma. Circle back for a moment to Bigfoot, and let's talk a little bit about what happens typically when people have an encounter, whether it be a siding or an auditory whatever the case may be. It usually sends people in one of two directions. Either they're completely done with that, they never want to have anything else to do with it. You run in the opposite direction, or you're like some of us and you go down the rabbit hole and you become immersed in Bigfoot. What has been the case for you? Has it been somewhere in between? Have you went down the rabbit hole and looking more into these things? Have you started researching? And are you trying to go out and have more experiences for yourself, possibly even see one of these things. And if so, you've done research, what do you think these things are and why do you think they're so hard for us to document their existence.
Speaker 4: I'm really not sure what to say, but I used to be on the camp that it was some type of missing link. I like the undiscovered hominid theory that these things are descended from Neanderthal that just somehow wound up on the North American continent because they've been sighted all over the world. Famously got the Abominable Snowman in Nepal and India and up in the Himalayas, and then the Yowie and Australia. There's even similar creatures that have been spotted all over Asia, in Europe, and even in Africa. So these things are everywhere, which they just don't populate like that like we do, without being able to disperse and be intelligent and maybe be communal creatures and have little tribes, and maybe they migrate. I don't know, But me personally, the idea that I've had across my mind, and this might sound a little silly, is that bigfoot and UFO encounters are starting seem to really go hand in hand with each other. Usually wherever you have a lot of bigfoot encounters, there's usually somebody seen a UFO or two in the area in the weeks prior. I think there's some kind of alien scout that it's something like a body that they make and it comes down here and they send it into the wilds. Because the world that we live in is artificial, We made the habitat that we live in. They want to explore what this planet's really all about, so they send these things out. And the reason why we've never found a dead one is more or less I think that they just the body kind of breaks down and melts after a couple of days or a few weeks and just turns into a pile of mush, or they burrow, or they have the ability to regulate their body temperatures so they're undetectable by thermal camera or any other kind of conventional means. As far as the telepathy goes, I don't think it'd be outside of the realm of possibility, because once again, we don't fully understand the extent of life on this planet. It's not outside the realm of possibility that there's unknown means of communication that some creature is able to use. Camouflaging not outside the remal possibility.
Speaker 2: What is it.
Speaker 4: Cuttlefish and squids can camouflage.
Speaker 1: And stay tuned for more sasquatch out to sea, we'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: And they can do it almost instantaneously to whatever, one hundred times faster than the chameleon can change colors. So we already know that something that can essentially shape shift already exists. Thermal regulation I'm not so sure about. I'm not a biologist. I'm not aware of a creature that can do that, or creatures that have incredibly long life spans because their metabolism slows down and they're able to go dormant for years at a time. Maybe that's what they're doing. They hide out underground in a cave network and they just hybridate for a few years and then come out every so often for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: Definitely interesting theories, some of which I've never heard before. It's all subjective. We don't know. Anybody who tells you they know anything defendively is probably completely full of shit and you should probably turn and run immediately. It's just my personal opinion when it comes to bigfoot. Mitch. I appreciate you postulating letting me know what you thought about that. I really appreciate you coming on the podcast. I've had a blast talking to you.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: All Right, folks, want to welcome my guest to the show. It is Austin from West Virginia. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Man Ay, thank you, appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I've been looking forward to this conversation. Let's get right into it. Let's talk about this bigfoot thing. What gag you interested in the subject to begin with.
Speaker 5: Up to my encounter, I didn't really know anything about bigfoot at all. When I was young, my brother had rented a book that had cryptids in it stuff, and I remember Yeddi being in it. Oddly enough, I wasn't really interested in the Eddie as far as the book went. I was more interested in the dinosaurs and the congo. My grandma, she lived in quite Pleasant when the Silverbridge collapsed. She was big on moth Man. So that's about the only cryptid knowledge I had and all up until my experience. And it was after my experience that I started delving into it and found Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about your experience. Why don't you take us back to where you were, what you were doing, and tell us what happened to you.
Speaker 5: So it was the summer of two thousand and four. I was fifteen years old. I had bought an eighty seven Thunderbird. It was my first car. I was out late, it was like between eleven and twelve at night, and I was taking my radiator out, putting back in, just trying to learn something. I heard this sound that was the deepest, longest, most powerful vocalization or sound that I'd ever heard. And when I heard it, it was sensory overload. Almost I was standing in front of my mom's yard. Wasn't really out in the boonies or nothing. There's a high school across the road, but it's still pretty spaced out. And when I heard it, the first thing I did was duck. I ducked because it was in my head. As silly as it sounds, the only thing I really knew was moth man. That's what I thought at first, because I could tell the direction it was coming. But it filled the air. It was incredible, and I ducked, and I ran to the street light. Like I said, I had a head lamb on, but I had a street light in the driveway, and I ran underneath it, put my backup against the pole. Scared to death. I didn't know what it was at all. And that first day, that's got about how it. When I heard it about three times that night it would stop maybe every five minutes. Every five minutes it would do it. And only heard it three times that night. I didn't hear anything other than the vocalization, mainly because I was scared out of my wits. I sat and thought, is that mechanical? I was trying to figure out what I was hearing. I grew up hunting a lot, so I was pretty faculiar with animal sounds and things like that, so the next night comes in and the same thing. I really just went out to see if I could hear it again, and I did. The best way I can describe how this sounded is a few ways, one being have you ever heard a train. When the trains come through the valley of the mountains, you can tell when they blew that horn, that sound comes right through the valley towards you. It felt like that. It felt like it was coming my direction, and that's what was scary about it. I felt like it was coming towards me. So in between it would do the vocalizations in threes, and it would be drawn out for fifteen seconds, very long. I couldn't imagine what had lungs that could produce that kind of sound and not run out of air after fifteen seconds. That really blew my mind. So in between those vocalizations and threes, I would hear five knocks in between, which I thought was really strange. I had no idea what that was. I just noticed it. So the third day I went out to listen to it again, and I got my mom to come out that night. I told her, you got to come out here and hear this, And it was like a movie you know what you'd expect. She came out. She sent for an hour, nothing happened, but she was like, I'm going in the house. I've been I here to you long. It's late. I was like, Mom, just wait, just wait, it'll do it, just wait. And she's like, no, I'm going in the house. And she stands up and she's walking towards the front door and bam, there it is. And I remember turning and looking at her excited, Yes, you heard it, and I'll never forget her eyes. Man, scared her to death. She was get in that house to me and my brother and like, Mom, no, we got to tell your listens, no, you got the house. So what we did we went to the house and Mom, you could tell it scared or she didn't know what to think. She even heard the knocks in between. That's how that played out. And I remember it was six years later. I was twenty one. I was at my oldest son's grandma's house. She worked. She was a graphic designer for a really big rafting company here in West Virginia. I guess she had already passed some belief in Bigfoot and some knowledge of it. Hanging out with the rafters and stuff, and she called me downstairs one day because I told her my story. If I remember right, it's fifteen years ago. I think it was a Monster Quest episode on Kentucky Bigfoot. I could be wrong, but I think that's what it was. And in that episode she called me down there and she was like, does this sound anything like what you heard? It was a howl of some sort. At the time, it was the closest thing that I'd ever heard of it. I had searched and never really knew what it was until that day. And that's when I started researching Bigfoot, and then I started to learn about tree knocks, and then I delve into the was it the North American?
Speaker 4: What a conservatory?
Speaker 5: Is that what it's called. I finally found a vocalization on that website that it's exactly what I heard. But for me, the funny thing about recordings like that is they do it zero justice. I can hear it. It's an area X long howl is what it is. That's exactly what I heard as far as the vocalization, but hearing it in person, I always described it like it was static. It was like an air raid siren up in the distance. Right, maybe a half mile. I don't know how to judge distance like that, but it was like an air raid siren, accept much much deeper and it was alive. That's about how I describe it. Yes, just aw my research. After that, I started learning that bigfoot was a thing and get into it and learning about it and seeing other people's stories. I started to realize, Wow, there's something to this.
Speaker 1: Things like that tend to do one of two things. I said so many times on the show. People have experiences and it either causes them to run as fast as they can in the other direction, or you go down the rabbit hole and start looking into these things. And I'm glad that you chose to start looking into it, because, especially with vocalizations, it's very difficult to explain to people what you hear. When you hear these things like you said in real time. The very first thing that ever happened to us here on our property in North Carolina was the vocalizations that started. I was just pulling up the area ex long howl as you were talking, and I'll insert it in here for everybody to hear so you can get an idea of what.
Speaker 4: You're talking about.
Speaker 1: What we were hearing. Was that Ohio the map money maker, Ohio Howell kind of thing that air raid siren sound off in the distance probably I'm estimating a mile and a half off in the distance. I've been hearing some weird shit recently here, even during the day that's making the dogs go absolutely batshit crazy here on the properties. I'm going to try to put out some recorders. I don't normally keep recorders out during the day because you don't tend to get a whole lot of stuff going on around here. But I'm going to try to do that and capture it because something is making this sound on this ridge across from us, and when you try to explain it to people, it's like there's really no tangible way to say it sounded like this. I can't produce the sound. I can't make that sound. I'm glad that you found something. Finally, it's over on woodap dot org. You guys can check out the North American what Ape Conservancy stuff. Again. I will pull that from there inserted so you guys can get an idea of what you're talking about it. Let's talk a little bit about going down the rabbit hole. When you started going into the research and looking into these things. Were you finding anything that surprised you in your research or were you pretty much on par with what you expected to find when you started going down the rabbit hole.
Speaker 5: When I started looking into it, the first thing that I found that caught my attention was it maybe I've seen it called do Ohio vocalization. I've also seen it called the Trent vocalization from Bruno, West Virginia. When I ran into that at that time, that was definitely the closest thing i'd heard to it. So I started there. I wanted to find something in my area that I could relate to in some way, but I never really found too much in that sense, I guess going down to a rabbit hole, I don't know if I'm figuring anything more out than I knew, if that makes any sense. I've read a lot of things, I've heard a lot of things, and it's just like everybody, not everybody, but most people. Some people I guess have different experiences. But it's like I feel like everybody I see talk about this, it's like everybody's in the same boat. There's an interview that I really like a lot that's local to me. It's in a county over, which was a feeling named Billy Humphrey. I think he was on Animal Planet and stuff. I know there's a YouTube channel called West Virginia Cryptis to Strange Encounters less Odell. He interviewed him, and his second interview with him. That's probably the most interesting thing to me because it's a county over and how he talks about it, just how he said it. Does it in threes. You'll hear these localizations in threes, and that's exactly what I heard. How he described is exactly how it was for me. I've always been more interesting in the idea local to me more than like the Pacific Northwest.
Speaker 1: That certainly makes sense. This is a tough question. I don't normally ask people what they think these things are because I don't think anybody has any clue. But going into your research and this is something that's been more prolific for me recently. It's definitely been a learning curve for me going into this, doing all these interviews talking to people. I have very much a flesh and blood guy. I'm a very nuts and boltz person. I want to see the evidence. But man, I tell you, the more I have talked to people over the last couple of years, and even some of my own experiences. I hate to say this, but it feels like there may be more to this I just put out as we record this. I dropped an episode today on telepathy. I've interviewed so many people and talked to so many people. I have friends who have experienced Less. Stroud survivor man he talked about it on the show a couple of times. I'm going out on an expedition with Less later this year, probably in September October, and I'm gonna sit around the campfire and ask him more about this mind speaks stuff, because so many people talk about it, and I used to just roll my eyes and laugh and say, there's no way this is happening. But I've gotten into other aspects of that with telepathy, with autistic children and some of their caregivers, their clinicians, even having this connection with these kids. If you listen to the Telepathy Tapes podcast, folks, I talked about it so many times. If you're into that at all, it's a phenomenal podcast to listen to. Hands down, to me, they prove that telepathy is real. So if telepathy can be real with autistic people and young adults and children, and these people that don't have autism have these connections with these kids. And it's also true in animals. Their studies. Rupert Sheldrake has done studies and animals, dogs, parrots, horses, you name it. It runs the gamut. They have these can actions with their owners. They know things that happened. There's no way that they would know it if they didn't have this telepathic communication. People have told me before. Tom Powell is one of those people that told me years ago. The late Henry Franzoni told me, the longer you're in this, man, the more you're going to move to that side of things that can't be explained with Newtonian physics. There is something more going on here. And I hate to say that. People probably rolling their eyes now, thinking, oh my god, Brian's gone off the deep end. He was the rational guy. But now I'm talking about telepathy possibly being real with these creatures. So I am really wide open man. I tell you same thing with the eye shine. People have talked about self illuminating eyes and eye shine and the difference in those. I've put out episodes on the show recently going into the difference in self illuminating eyes and eye shine. We're not supposed to have that as human beings. Great apes don't have that. Yet these things have self illuminating eyes. I've seen it myself. That was part of my experience had last summer. I saw self illuminating white eyeshine from these creatures. Totally blew my mind. I'm still processing and I don't know how they could have that ability, but they seem to have that ability. You start going down the rabbit hole and I feel like you just scratch the surface, and I'm in the boat with everybody else. It's a very good analogy you had. I think you and I are in the same boat with hundreds, possibly thousands of other people that have had experiences. They can't explain. The problem in the community, I think is sometimes we're all in the same boat and you got people rowing in different directions. That seems to be a problem that we're having. We can't agree on anything. It seems in this community. The second I started posting anything about even having any credibility being perceived that these creatures might have some kind of ability to telepathically communicate with people, people start scoffing. They're like, oh my god, he's lost his mind. He's going down the WU camp. He's gone. We've lost Brian, and stay tuned for more sasquatch Ott to see we'll be right back after these messages. And I just don't think that's accurate, man. I think we have to be open minded. And I even included a quote in the episode that dropped today. As the information changes, as the facts change, I change my mind. And I think so many people in Digfoot research tend to be stuck in their ways and they refuse to accept new information and new facts as they come in. So that's why I love interviews like this. Even if it's just an auditory experience, it would be considered a BFRO Class C or whatever the case may be. You didn't see what happened, but it's just as important as somebody who has a roadside crossing or somebody who sees one while they're in a deer stand, because all of that data, to me, is very important. We put all that stuff togethers Like you said, you heard these in threes. You've got wood knocks mixed in with vocalizations. That is a very common thing that happens across these experiences, and if you're experiencing in West Virginia, I'm experiencing it in BC Canada, people are experiencing in the Pacific Northwest, in Florida. We just have to be open minded enough as a community and as researchers and people investigating this to come together and say, let's take what these people are seeing and see if we can figure out patterns. I appreciate you coming on and sharing your experiences. It is important, just as much, like I said, as any sighting. I just went and did my interview with Ron Moorehead a couple of weeks ago and put that episode out. I just put out seven or eight minutes of those unreleased Sierra sounds, and people are starting to comment on them and saying, man, it's similar to what we've heard before, but there's a difference there. There's some nuances. I probably got another thirty minutes or so of that stuff that I've got to go through now, and then Ron's got hours of it. Then I'm going to try to help him catalog at some point because I think there's some nuggets there that we can dig into and hopefully get some more information out of its data is data.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate you coming on and sharing your experiences. Have had a good time talking to you.
Speaker 5: Thank you. It's been good man. I really appreciate you.
Speaker 6: They say you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay, and I don't want to be.
Speaker 7: We're all happened. Try this job that chart everything right back. Joy for me, Joy, stay right there, coming right away.
Speaker 8: Side Instate Nestate Council Specialists, side insteads stass Stasie, Side inside state State.
Speaker 3: Stills, nests, games, best States, its gys and ginsing GAINST used
Speaker 8: To past inst