Speaker 1: Something you should go.
Speaker 2: Something you should know is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. That's also something you should know. You could put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA back by physical gold and Silver. Learn more and get a free Gold and Silver guide right now at Genesis Gooldirea dot com. Super excited to have a comedy call today with Kevin Farley. Kevin, how you doing, man, I'm good job.
Speaker 1: How's everything?
Speaker 2: Everything's good. I'm excited to see you in Sioux Falls. It's actually in t South Dakota, so folks are looking for it. The first time I ever saw you was in this room. This is back when it was Boss's comedy in that back room, and I had a chance to see you over there, and you did such a good job. You are such a funny guy. And how long have you been doing stand up comedy now, Kevin? Oh, you know, maybe twenty years, so you know you're very relatable. I'm a big fan of your dry bar comedy special. I've seen that numerous times. Love love love that. And what is that like? Doing a dry bar special? That's a little different than a regular comedy special. Isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think you do twenty minutes. They're set up very nice. They really got a good thing going over there. It's very efficient. And you know, you go to Provo, Utah and you do a little promo, they get you in and out. They're pretty fast, and it's just all in all, very efficient, very good, and they're nice people. Everybody in Provo is really nice and I couldn't have a better experience. It was really nice and very well done, very well Ron.
Speaker 2: And again I'm a fan of the dry bar specials and yours is very very good. And I'm a I'm a big fan of the style of humor that you have because you just you share fun stories and you kind of find yourself in some interesting predicaments, don't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's kind of my My style is sort of sort of storytelling, you know, with a good you know, I guess an exciting way, interesting way to tell the story. But I like to tell stories voice and good at it. And that's what I try to do is have a good time and I want to I want to convey that we're just having a conversation, and then I'm telling a couple of funny stories.
Speaker 2: You know, I love it. And we had a chance to work together this last summer in Okoboji, Iowa, So that was the first time we had a chance to work together. And I'm excited to say we get to work together again this weekend on Saturday. I'll be your opener for both shows Saturdays. So I'm excited to work with you again.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm excited, John, I can't wait to do it. I hope you set the table for me real good, and you know that's inside baseball a little bit. But yeah, no, I'm looking forward to working with you for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There are shows Friday night and Saturday night. So if you can't make it Saturday, if you go Friday, you're still going to see Kevin. You're also going to get see my friend Chris Fryer. He is hilarious. You're gonna love him. So again, two wonderful evenings of comedy this Friday and this Saturday. And I'm going to give you all the information to get tickets. Now, you've got shows all over the place. Now, how many shows do you do in a year? Are you out like every weekend or how often are you all doing comedy?
Speaker 1: Kevin you know, I try to get out a lot. I'd say most months, I'm out every weekend. Then I'll take like a week off maybe or something like that to get a little break. But yeah, for the most part, I get out there. Otherwise, you know, you get sort of rusty, and I keep going, you know, to keep building on it, you know.
Speaker 2: And we also know you from movies and television shows. And it's so much fun. Now. I'll be watching a movie or I'll be watching a TV show, I'm like, oh, hey, I know him. I know that guy. So yeah, and that's gotta be fun for you because when you're watching movies, you probably know a lot of these people.
Speaker 1: I do. After the years I've been involved, I do know a lot, you know. I was friends with a lot of these Saturday Night Live guys like Sandler and Spade and Rock and those guys. I knew them really well through my brother, So I kind of hung out a lot of those. And I have a lot of stand up friends who over the years have just been at at it for a long time. So yeah, I do know a lot of people.
Speaker 2: And so whether you know Kevin Farley from the big screen or if you know him from maybe CNM last time he was in the area, or if you've seen his dry bar special, whatever the way you know him, get out and join us Friday night and Saturday night. And we are so excited to have you here. I wish I could say it's gonna be nice and warm, but it's not gonna be nice and warm. Sadly.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm used to that.
Speaker 2: I'm from Wisconsin, so well, I'm excited to see you this weekend. Thank you so much for taking the time to chat, sir.
Speaker 1: Oh, thanks John. I can't wait to see I can't wait to be over there. It'll be fun.
Speaker 2: Absolutely again, Kevin Farley this Friday night and this Saturday night in te South Dakota at Titans Tavern also known as the Tea Event Center. All of the details can be found right now at Sue Fallscomedy dot com.
Speaker 1: Someday you should know.
Speaker 2: Something you should Know is brought to you by Genesis GOLDILRA dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldi r A dot com.