Speaker 1: Listen, all you New Yorkers, you can't taxi. This is the 77 WABC Minicast.
Speaker 2: My dear friend Bruce Blakeman. Bruce, good Wednesday morning, buddy.
Speaker 1: How are you? We're doing great, Sid. We've had a wonderful trip. We've been to a lot of different places, met a lot of different people. The story's the same wherever you go. People are miserable under Kathy Hochul. They want change. They want good jobs. They want prosperity, lower taxes, lower electric bills, safer neighborhoods. So everywhere I go, it could be in a city. It could be in a town. It could be in a rural area. Everybody feels the same, and that's why we're going to win.
Speaker 2: I think so, too. And, of course, your lieutenant governor, Mr. Madison County, the great Todd Hood, he's with you every step of the way. He knows those cities, those towns well. those neighborhoods very, very well. So you got a good little tour guide there, Bruce, as you make your way towards that Northern part of the state.
Speaker 1: Well, we just spent three days together and Todd's a great guy. We become really good friends. Uh, he's not only a running mate, he's a friend of mine. Uh, we share the same values. He's got, you know, a great wife, Kelly, great kids. He's got grandkids. And, um, He looks the part of a sheriff. He's a big guy, about 6'4, 265. But one of the nicest people you can possibly imagine. And yeah, he's showing me around a lot of rural areas up here. He tells me stories about working on the dairy farms. So we're having a really good time. But you know, Sid, there's so much poverty in this state. It's really, really something that I have to correct as governor. We've got to bring business into this state. We've got to build our economy. We've got to make this a vibrant place where young people want to grow up here and raise a family. So we have a lot of work to do. And as I ride along the southern tier, you know, we're sitting on one of the largest natural gas reserves in the world. And I'm talking about real poverty. And on the other side of the border in Pennsylvania, where they're allowed to drill that natural gas, well, they're living in prosperity. They're driving brand new Cadillac Escalades on that side of the border. On the New York side, they're driving around in 25-year-old rusted-out pickup trucks. It's not right. It's our natural resource, yet we're not able to use it because Kathy Hochul has this green energy scam where she's scamming all of us, investing. I've been driving through the state. We have these large wind turbines. Sid, none of them are spinning. It's like it's a joke. Then we have solar farms that have been under snow for four months. They're not producing any energy. People are making billions of dollars off of us, and Kathy Hochul's getting millions of dollars in political contributions. It's not right. We've got to end it. We've got to build our economy, and we've got to bring our energy supply up so it brings our costs down.
Speaker 2: Couldn't agree more. I want to get back to Kathy Hochul in a second. So I defend you all the time. Nothing you needed because you're doing very, very well. Your campaign is doing great, and you're going to win. But every now and then, somebody comes up. I know you hear this too, Bruce. So does Peter King, okay? I'm not breaking news, but Like Sam Antar. You know that guy, Sam Antar. We'll let it to Eddie Antar. So he's on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: He goes, you know, poverty and you got black neighborhoods are not doing very well in New York. Some of these Latino neighborhoods. And every time I see a Bruce Blakeman commercial, they're white people. Where are the black people? Where are the Latino people? Where are the. So I got to be honest. OK, I haven't paid attention to every commercial yet. that I've seen from you. I notice them a lot in the morning because I do watch Fox News, and they're great. And I love the AI stuff you do with Mamdani and Hochul. But I have heard that complaint once or twice that not enough other people outside of whites in your commercials. Is there any credibility to that?
Speaker 1: First of all, it's complete nonsense. And second of all, I have a commercial running right now. If you watched the Yankee game last night, it was running on the Yankee game. where Kathy Hochul said that black kids in the Bronx don't know what a computer is. Can you imagine what a racist comment that is, how she's denigrating young black people? So not only am I calling her out for that, I'm explaining how I've made every neighborhood in my county safe. I've made every person in our county more prosperous. regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, lifestyle, abilities. I've gotten a record number of African-American votes for a Republican because they trust me. They know that if I give my word, I keep my word. When I said to the moms and dads in Roosevelt, New York, which is a predominantly African-American and Hispanic and Latino community, that I would finally build the park that every other politician had promised and never delivered, I got it done in less than a year and a half. And it's the most beautiful park that we have in the whole county. I have done things in the African-American community like this week on Monday night. I'm bringing in Florida. OK, I brought in boys to men. I have increased and spread out the type of entertainment that I have in my summer series. We had Ja Rule. I did this because I wanted everybody in my county to know that we were going to celebrate every culture and every community. And the fact is Kathy Hochul saying that black kids in the Bronx don't know what a computer is, that tells you what her opinion is of black kids. And I'll assure you one thing, Sid, and I guarantee this, there is not one 12-year-old black kid in the Bronx that is worse on a computer than I am. So they're a lot better than I am. They know what a computer is. So yes, we actually have a commercial up right now. And listen, they're not paying attention. I was with over a thousand Dominicans on Saturday night. I got an award at the Miss Dominican Awards. pageant. They had a pageant for celebrating women in the Dominican community that achieved very, very, very admirable things and great things and women of stature. And I was on Dominican television, probably over a million people in the Dominican Republic and the United States were watching that program when I received it. So I'm out in every community. I'm everywhere. I'm meeting with a bunch of pastors this morning. I'm having breakfast with pastors here in Buffalo. Then I'm meeting with union leaders. Then I'm going back to Long Island and taking care of business there for a couple of days. So we're out and about. We're everywhere. We're in every community. So anybody who's criticizing me for that is not paying attention. Look at the AI that I have. Look at the social media that I have. I featured a black child who came home and he said to his mother, I got an A on a test. She looked at his report card and said, son, this says you had a B. And he goes, mom, I swear I got an A. Call the school. She calls the school and guess who the principal of the school is? Kathy Hochul. And Kathy Hochul says, well, your son did get an A. But little Cindy got a C, so we wanted to make him feel good, so we averaged it and gave both a B. So the black woman says to Kathy Hochul, well, isn't that socialism? And she says, yes, it is. So I'm in every community. I'm going to be a governor for all people. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it. See, that's why it's important though, Bruce, that you're on this show every week, because guess what? New York one channels, two, four, five, and seven, even Newsmax. They're not going to tell the people all this. On this show, you get to tell the people, look at this commercial. Look what I said. Look what Kathy Hochul said. So this is where the real Bruce Blakeman, I should say, comes alive right here every week with me. There's also a big breakfast tomorrow I want to make you aware of. Because, talking about the Latino community, Ruben Diaz loves you. I told you this. I called him. I cold-called Ruben Diaz, brought you up. He said, my community loves Bruce. We're voting for him on two lines, the conservative and Republican line. They've got a big prayer breakfast tomorrow morning with A.L. David, who's now the new General Counsel of Israel. Christians and Jews, this alliance, over 100 ministers. All that taking place at 9 o'clock tomorrow morning. So that may be a stop for you. I don't know. Ruben Diaz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll take a look at it and look at the schedule. But Ruben Diaz is a great leader. He's a devout Christian. He's got good morals, good values. He's a great American. And those are the people that I want to associate, people that love America. You love America. I don't care what race, religion, ethnic group you are. I don't care how you live your life. I don't care what your abilities are. If you love America, even if we disagree on policy, you know, see, that's the problem I have with the current Democrat regime. They hate America. Zoran Mandami never says a good word about America. You know, I remember when we had Daniel Patrick Moynihan, we had Mario Cuomo, Hugh Carey, Ed Koch. even Bill Clinton. I disagreed with them on policy. But one thing I knew about those Democrats, they loved America. This new regime hates America, and that's my problem with them. It's true.
Speaker 2: By the way, you left out one great Democrat whose wife clearly loves you, Frank Lautenberg.
Speaker 1: Oh, Bonnie Lautenberg is terrific. Frank Lautenberg. You see, Frank Lautenberg and I would probably disagree on a lot of different things. But I always knew Frank Lautenberg was a man of ethics, a man of high moral values, and a man who loved America. So I knew when he stepped foot on the floor of the Senate that his heart was in the right place. I can't say that about a lot of these modern Democrats. And I'm very proud to have Bonnie's support. And since Bonnie came out and said she was going to support me, I've had Democrats call me constantly and say to me, Bruce, we're going to back you. We're going to make a financial contribution. We're going to get our friends to vote for you. Every day a Democrat comes up to me and says, I'm a lifelong Democrat. I've never voted Republican before in my life. I'm voting Republican this year. My party is insane.