Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another edition of the Cajun Night Live. I am your host, the Cajun Night Jacob Mook. We're gonna start off talking about some intergalactic things, then we're gonna move into some foreign affairs. Then we're gonna talk about some American homeland. A lot of things, a lot of things on pack right now, So I'm gonna go ahead and share the screen. We're gonna get started without any further ado. I do want to apologize to everybody for the late start on this evening, but I do appreciate y'all for joining in. Y'all are some devoted members of the Cajun Night retinue, and I love you all individually and as a collective. For anybody who would like to join in the conversation next Wednesday at nine pm Central, because we do it pretty punctually at nine pm, with the rarest of exceptions that I need election time, then go to the link in the description below to the Cajun Night on Patreon. There's only one tier for entry, five dollars tier, and we're growing this to be the information sharing group that it has become. And I love every Wednesday night we get to do this. It's so fun. As always, everybody, if you have something that you would like to bring into the conversation, send it to the comment section and I will pull it up at the end. Or if it plays into something that I have pulled up, you know to do. Raise the hand and let's open dialogue this thing. Now. To start off, we're gonna go to ABC News here. Apparently the Atlas object, so I'm not even sure if we can call it a comet or a meteor or a spaceship or whatever. Okay, Apparently they lost sight of it a couple of weeks ago because of some sort of a I don't want to say a solar flare, but some sort of a galactic flare or something made it go invisible to our instrumentation and our equipment. Now, all of a sudden they have caught a glimpse of it as it passed by Mars, and they are speculating here, of course, if it's gonna hit Earth. Now, before I play the video that is attached to this article, no expert believes that it's going to strike Earth. But yes, there is a greater than zero percent chance that anything ever can happen. So they're gonna do that for the clickbait. And I get that they're calling it the city killer asteroid, and yes they are talking about the three I Atlas. But apparently it went out of sight for a bit. And now they just caught a glimpse of it as it passed by Mars, so they know for sure that it is still inbound and they're gonna be able to get a really good look at it the closer it gets to Earth without further ado. Let's listen to the ABC News cast talk about it.
Speaker 2: We turned out to the asteroid being called a city killer. There's a chance it could hit Earth.
Speaker 1: It's happened before.
Speaker 2: An asteroid hitting Earth, this one in Russia in twenty thirteen, injuring more than one thousand people. Now, scientists say an asteroid discovered in December has a chance of striking our planet. It was named twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Why are four?
Speaker 2: So I'm calling it a potential city killer. It could hit in late twenty thirty two.
Speaker 3: Looking at about a three percent chance that it hits the Earth. If it hit a city, it would have completely obliterate a very large city.
Speaker 2: It's up to three hundred feet wide, the size of a large building.
Speaker 3: If it was to hit, it would have an energy of between about five mega tons of TNT and about fifteen mega tons of TNT, which is a very big range. This thing is probably in the range of call it a thousand times five hundred two, one thousand times larger than the bomb dropped over Hiroshima.
Speaker 2: Astronomers have only a limited time to observe the asteroid before it fades from view next.
Speaker 4: Month, and then maybe the James Webb Space Telescope will take its shot at looking at this object. We'll get a much better idea of its size. Those observations will really pin down its orbit.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty eight is when it comes back closer to the Earth. That will be our chance to more than likely say for sure whether or not it's going to hit the Earth.
Speaker 2: NASA recently had success using a spacecraft to knock an asteroid off course during a test. Such a mission would need to be done years in advance of a potential impact. For now, scientists don't seem too worried.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty good.
Speaker 4: Chance that it's going to hit in the ocean or someplace uninhabited in which case we just get to see a.
Speaker 2: Great light show, the potential impact would likely be somewhere in South America or the Middle East.
Speaker 1: Okay, so all of that to be said, three hundred foot wide, most of that would get burned up in the atmosphere before it actually hit the ground. So I don't know, I don't know, but we should be on the lookout for that one in twenty thirty two, you know, if we're all still alive by that point. But I guess we'll find out anyway. Here we go. Astronomers just caught a rare glimpse of an interstellar comet as it zoomed past Mars. Images of the object, dubbed three I at lists, were captured by two of the European Space Agency Mars orbiters XO Mars and Mars Express, which we're able to record the comment as an approached the red planet on octob According to the ESA, both cameras are designed to photograph the bright surface of Mars, which lies fewer than two hundred miles below. Scientists were unsure what to expect from the observations of a relatively dim target so far away. The space agency said, so this is the image right it is this bright light. Right here is the image of Atlas as it passed in front of Mars' surface. So although they kind of lost sight of it, we know for sure it is still inbound. So at least we have that going. The observation of three I Atlas was very challenging for the camera because the comet is about ten thousand to one hundred thousand times fainter than their usual targets, said Nick Thomas, the principal investigator at the Cassis camera, in a statement. The comment was about eighteen point six million miles away from the orbiters when the image was taken. According to the ESA, the cameras were able to capture the center of the comet, which is comprised of an icy rocky nucleus and is surrounded by a comma, which is the fuzzy halo of gas and that forms around its nucleus. The comet is one of the one of only three interstellar objects ever recorded entering our Solar system. Going on it says it was first spotted on July first by the Asteroid Terrestrial Impact Last Alert System in Rio Hurtado, Chili. Astronomer's hypothesized that it could be the oldest comet ever observed, a core estimating its age at three billion years older than the Solar System. That's pretty insane out loud, but yeah. Scientists announced last month that the comet is much larger than previously thought, likely weighing more than thirty three billion tons, with the nucleus mostly comprised of carbon dioxide, gas and water ice. I don't know why they would just say like water ice. Well, I guess in space a lot of different things can freeze, so I guess you'd have to get that nomenclature. Heat and radiation from the Sun is bringing the comet to life, causing the object to release gas and dust that form the comet's comma. It's spelled like coma, but I think it is pronounced comma, The Space Agency said in November. ESA astronomers will observe three i at lists through its Jupiter Icy Moons Explorer aka Juice, which that's that's kind of cool, as it makes its closest approach to the Sun. Scientists will continue to analyze data from the ESA orbiters to determine exactly what the comet is made of, though our Mars orbiters continue to make impressive contribution to Mars science. It's always extra exciting to see them responding to an unexpected situation like this one, said Colin Wilson, Mars Express and Exo Mars Project scientists at ESA, in a statement, I look forward to seeing what the data reveals following further analysis. So again, there's nothing to worry about with the three I Atlas comet or object or whatever. People are saying that it's going to be, but it is getting closer to Earth and it will be really cool whenever it gets close enough for us to get a good look at it later this month, if I'm not mistaken, they were saying that it was going to be sometime around end of October beginning of November. Whenever it makes its way around the Sun and shoots off the other direction, that will actually be able to get a decent look at it. And I'm excited just for the you know, I know some people that listen to the cult of conspiracy are of the belief that space is not a real thing, not here to have that conversation on the cage to night for my own personal beliefs, I am really excited to see this. I think it's cool, you know, Anyway, moving on to the next topic of discussion, still sticking, and we're going to start with the international side of things. I don't know how many people have been paying attention to celebrity news. Myself. I don't particularly care about it that much, you know. It's just it's one of those things that the celebrities and what they have going on to their day to day life very rarely ever actually affect my thought process. Ever, however, Katie Perry and Justin True are dating. I don't know if anybody was aware of that. But this isn't a tabloid news although this one's from Cosmopolitan, there are multiple news sources that are talking about their relationship. So in this Cosmopolitan article, we're not gonna read the whole thing because, to be honest with you, I feel brain cells dying as I was even reading it to do research for this. But we're gonna hit the cliff notes of it real quick. Right August twenty or August third of tw twenty twenty three, Justin and his wife Sophie announced their separation after eighteen years of marriage. All right, cool. Moving On July third, twenty twenty five, after weeks of rumors Katie and Orlando Bloom confirmed their relationship is over. Okay, so they gave a statement to US Weekly. On this July twenty eighth of this year, Katie and Justin are spotted on a dinner date in Canada. July twenty ninth, TMZ drops more picks of Justin and Katie, only this time they're in different outfits. Okay, so that means it's not that pictures of the same dinner outing. It's obviously of a different outing. So at least twice they went out for dinner. July twenty ninth, The Sun manages to get a hold of not one, not two, but of Justin Trude's close associates, who are more than happy to spill and there's things that they learned about. Long story short, there's a list. There is a eighteen or i'm sorry, sixteen point list of what the homies of Justin Trudeau are saying about this and long story short, they really are into each other. Shocker. July thirtieth, Justin has spotted watching Katie perform and sings along with Fireworks. We're not going to play the video because we all know the song. But there's Justin Trudeau out of Katy Perry concert July thirty. First Insider says Katie's friends are worried about her dating Justin. So even Katie's friends are like, yo, you sure you want to date that guy? August eighteenth, Long story short, long story short. They go on September fifteenth, October fourth. They're keeping their relationship quiet as of this moment. But it's also worth mentioning that, yes, Justin Trudeau and Katie Perry, the bastard son of Fidel Castro and the quote unquote first woman to ever sing a song in space, which that's a whole conversation in and of itself, are now making moves to become a couple. I think that's hilarious. And you know, just one of those things. Now, as we're sticking on the topic of the celebrities, actors, singers and things of that nature, how many of you have heard of the AI actor Tillie Norwood. If you haven't, let me tell you about her. Tilly Norwood is an actress that is going to start making more and more appearances and movies and TV shows. Here's the little thing about her. She's not a real person. She is an AI generated actress. And she it AI has been getting some very decent contracts for some upcoming motion pictures and actors and actresses are pissed about it. I know, shocker, And in one sense, I couldn't care less about these overprivileged actors getting upset that AI is about to take their job. We all saw it coming a mile away, right, I mean, even though was it last year or the year before the Hollywood writers strike happened and all of these movie companies decided to just use AI models, and they came out with really good scripts, arguably better than what the overprivileged Writer's Guild of Hollywood was able to produce. And then they realized, man, we're striking to make more money, but we are very replaceable by a chatbot. And then they shut down the strike and a lot of these movie companies decided, you know, we might hire you back. But honestly, we have seen the light and AI is just cheaper and doesn't require X amount of dollars, and it doesn't require off days. And if we tell it to change things, it's not gonna bitch and moan about it. It's just gonna change it and do what we want. So we already saw the writing on the walls that AI was going to be taking over a lot of the entertainment space. Now we absolutely have an AI actress and the thing is going by the name Tilly Norwood. There's a BBC article before I read it. Go ahead, Royce, what is your thoughts?
Speaker 5: So there is a lot of traction about that. And by the way, so I just sent an article a few.
Speaker 6: Minutes ago about a nice AI robot that is very, very realistic and should probably get people in nightmares. So after you read that, so it'll be fun to read that article and watch that small clip.
Speaker 7: Of the video.
Speaker 1: Okay, matter of fact, before I do that, let me go ahead and pull up that clip so I can get it all cued up and ready to go. Let's see. Yep, got it, and uh redirect notice Oh times India. Oh no, not the Kung Fu robot. Oh yeah, okay, yep. No, We're gonna talk about what a time to be alive. Good ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 7: This is.
Speaker 1: Unprecedented times that we are living in. It's not like there was movies made about this for you know, years or anything. Go ahead, Sam, everybody was Kung Fu five time.
Speaker 8: No, but fuck Sky in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's it's coming more and more every day. And for some reason people still think AI is like so great, it's mind blowing to me.
Speaker 7: So would it be a felony if I did an e MP and like if I if I tasted a fucking clanker in nineteen years? Oh wait, I can't say that. That's a show to the auto official bullshit.
Speaker 1: Na listen, bro, the gearbacks are not sentient, allegedly, and there wasn't that case. There was that case in Florida. That kid, that high school kid was talking to the AI chat boy and it pretty much told him to offer himself. So he did.
Speaker 7: He gave how to do it painlessly, and so the parents tried to sue the company and the company.
Speaker 1: The AI company tried saying no, that wasn't us. The AI is sentient. It's its own thing and it has its own First Amendment rights that's separate from the company. And the state government of Florida said no, no, it's not sentient. It's a robot that you program. You're on the hook for this kid's death. So to answer your question, no EMP attack on an AI bod. I'm here for it.
Speaker 8: I personally think what. I think they fucked up.
Speaker 7: We they let loose Pandora's box and there ain't no going back.
Speaker 1: So no, it's it's because of the ease of it, right, So many humans are willing to take the easy way out any given time. So AI is scene is just like the easiest thing, So why wouldn't we use it more? And so many people can't understand that this is leading to their own demise. It's it's it's impressive and sad.
Speaker 7: People were glad people gave you up their entire body anatomy uh for COVID, But they would sit there and say, my body, my choice, except when it comes to COVID and they're like, you have to do this. What happened to body?
Speaker 8: Uh? An?
Speaker 1: And I got you? Uh wait yeah, I see your Royce. You were about to say something to you. Oh no nothing, okay, yeah body autonomy? Is that what you were saying, Raven?
Speaker 8: Yes, body autonomy.
Speaker 1: I thought he was saying anonymity, like like anonymous you know, like.
Speaker 7: When you you you have control of your own bodies autonomy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Whenever I think that, I think of automaton, which is another word for a robot.
Speaker 1: Give it we're gonna be talking about that one next. Royce just sent us the link for that one, but put a pin in that one. Let's get into this one first. So again, this is a BBC article. Emily Blunt is among the Hollywood stars outraged over the AI actor Tillie Norwood. It's great. An AI actor named Tilly Norwood has been causing a stir after its Dutch creator said the synthetic performer is in talks with talent agencies. Yes, that is correct. The AI bot, the automated, not real thing, is now being sought after by talent agencies above actual flesh and blood actors and actresses. We're at that point, y'all. Twenty twenty five is a weird year. Norwood could be mistaken for a young, aspiring actress when one glances at its social media. Yeah, the AI bought as a social media presence. By the way, the brunette poses for photos and show cases a fully AI generated generated comedy sketch where it is described as having girl next door vibes. Because that's not creepy. I may be AI, but I'm feeling very real emotions right now, Tilly's creator wrote on her page I'm so excited for what's coming next. That's a quote. Hollywood is not rolling out the red carpet. It's powerful Actors Union IS has condemned the creation, along with a list stars like Emily Blunt, Natasha Leone, and Whoopy Goldberg. Which I'm sorry, Whoopy, you haven't been relevant for years. You weighing in on this one is something that literally no one, negative, anyone actually asked for. And you haven't been an actor since maybe we could say Roger and Hammerstein's Cinderella. You were a voice actor for the Lion King movies, you know, sister Mary Clarence, Like, I don't know, It's it's very yeah. Anyway, Norwood is not an actor. It's a character generated by a computer program that was trained on the work of countless professional performers. The Screen Actors guilled. American Federation of Television and Radio Artists or SAG said in a statement, it has no life experience to draw from, no emotion, and from what we've seen, audiences aren't interested in watching computer generated content untethered from the human experience. The union said, I would have to respectfully disagree. There is billions of people that are watching AI generated YouTube videos on mass and those are getting millions of views. So again, moving on. The AI actor was created by Dutch actor and comedian Aleen vander Velden. Well that's a mouthful, who reportedly said she wanted Norwood to become the next Scarlett Johansson. The BBC has reached out to vander Velden and her company, Particle six. Norwood's Instagram page includes headshots from faux filming tests and an advertisement spoofing programs on the BBC, including being superimposed on the often star studed couch on BBC's The Graham Norton Show. Amid the anger and backlash in Hollywood, the Dutch creator posted on Tilly's Instagram page to say that the creation is quote not a replacement for a human being, but a creative work, a piece of art. Creating Tilly has been for me an active imagination and craftsmanship, not unlike drawing a character, writing a role, or shaping a performance, vander Velden wrote, adding such creations should be judged as part of their own genre rather than compared to the human race. So here we see a list of people in Hollywood who are on strike, and that's the Writer's Guild strike. Remember no to AI all these things, and then they had to back off because you know that was a really dumb idea. Anyway, AI has been hotly contested technology in Hollywood and was a key sticking point during the labor strikes that shut down the industry two years ago, as writers and actors demanded protections from the technology. In this statement on Norwood, SAG reminded agencies and studios that using Norwood in projects could pose issues for contractual protections they secured after the twenty twenty three strike. It doesn't solve any problem. It creates the problem of using stolen performances to put actors out of work, jeopardizing performer livelihoods and devaluing human artistry, the union said. Actress and filmmaker Natasha Leone, known for her leading role in Poker Face, Orange is the New Black and Russian Doll, said anyone who works with Norwood should be boycotted. I'm sorry, this is great, this is great. So you're telling me the AI chatbot is gonna make hundreds of millions, that's our money. No, not if you can be replaced by an AI bot. Sounds like you need to get a better craft anyway, Moving on, any talent agency in this that engages in this should be boycotted by all guilds. Leone who is currently working with Ethical AI to create a feature film that stars real actors. So she's using AI while shitting on AI because I understand one of the chat bot one's a image. AI is AI is AI. I'm sorry. If you're using it for one thing, it's only a matter of time before it gets used for other things too. So she's just mad that she is getting cut out and that human actors and actresses are gonna get cut out of the deal. That's all they're pissed about. That they're gonna lose out all money and acting opportunities, and this is just kind of the way the future is gonna shake out. So, I mean, it is what it is. She says, it is deeply misguided and totally disturbed again as she is using AI for writing when she was a part of the screen guilder's boycotting that was almost replaced completely by AI. But you know, hey, what do I know? Fellow actress Emily Blunt, speaking on a podcast with Varieties, said the creation was terrifying. That's an Ai. Good lord, we're screwed. And this is a Nomina Oscar nominated actress, and she said this when she was shown a video of Norwood that is really really scary. Come on, agencies, don't do that. Please stop, please stop taking away our human connection. Most actors and actresses have no human connection. They are so detached from what the rest of the human race actually is experiencing in their day to day lives. Not all, not all. There are some that truly keep themselves grounded. I'm not just taking this opportunity to shit on every single person that makes their money in front of a camera and rehearsing lines and things, but I'm gonna say that ninety nine percent of them are completely detached from reality. Honestly, look at uh what was named Jervas. Look at Jervas's speech when he was hosting the Oscars two years ago, maybe three. That is a truth. And that is why when he made these stabs at all these actors, there was only a handful of them that were laughing at it, and the rest of them were like, ooh oh, And He's like, I don't care, I'm not doing this again, screw you. So I mean, I'm just I'm throwing it out on the US chat show The View comedian and actress. Barely either of those things are accurate. When discussing will be, Goldberg said audiences can tell the difference between humans and synthetic performers. She was skeptical over concerns that AI creations would steal jobs for human actors because they moved differently. Our faces moved differently, our bodies move differently. Yeah A, now, given another two years of ingenuity, and you're not gonna be able to tell the difference. Hell, you could barely tell the difference anymore these days. While Norwood's Instagram has been active for months, her existence gained notoriety in Hollywood this week after trade publication Deadline reported on a summit her creator presented at in a Zurich over the weekend. Vandervelden discussed her AI production studio and her new AI talent agency x Koya probably mispronounced that on Saturday, according to Deadline, and suggested that Hollywood studios and agencies were embracing AI under the radar, which they are. She told the crowd they should expect public announcements about high profile projects using the technology in the coming months. Yes, this is accurate, this is real life. Sam, your handile was raised first, Go ahead, well, speaking about the AI and all that, Okay, So it's.
Speaker 9: An episode, not an episode, but a short.
Speaker 7: I was watching because I watched JD Delay and there's ay he's been taking pictures of dead kids like off of Facebook, like infants and all, and been making child porn of them and blackmailing the parents and said if you don't give me money, I'm not gonna take it down. And apparently JD's the one who uh reported him to the FBI, but I can't remember the guy's name. Just be aware that AI. While yes, it can be easy, it's also Lily Satan's fucking play pin oh.
Speaker 1: And not even going towards the worst of humanity as far as like child porn is concerned, people using AI just to make porn. There's there's tons name any Disney princess. There is AI porn of that Disney princess right now, and it looks very real. People are watching that on mass more than they're watching regular shit. It's bro It is a very very distorted Johnny Catch time to be alive.
Speaker 7: So elevon South Korea Johnny Somali is facing life in prison because he was so Korea they are very strict on AI and they're very strict on uh, indecent exposure, porn and all because the Asian While yes, Asians they do with ship with with Octopi and all, Yes, granted, but no, Johnny Simony made a deep fakes of one of the Korea's like top stars and he is facing uh a lot of years for it, and personally I kind of hope he does get the book thrown at him.
Speaker 1: Oh no, And like you're saying, this is just the dark side of AI, just off the rip, not even talking about what it could do as far as replacing actors, actresses even of the of the regular Hollywood star variety. Right, It's one leads to the other here.
Speaker 7: I don't remember what Eastern like, it's an Eastern country once they Poland, I think maybe, but they are They just made an AI prime minister.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's Albania and uh, this is the Minister of Procurement. So yes, Albania currently basically for lack of better words, purchasing logistics things like that for the country. And I don't mean like uh, I mean some in certain cases. I suppose it could be weapons and things like that. But you know, any big organization that makes a lot of purchases is going to have a procurement head. In this country, we have secretary of dot dot dot. In a lot of other countries they have Minister of dot dot dot. So yes, currently secretary of war. Now that is the new title. Secretary of defense is antiquated. Now we have Pete Hegseth our secretary of war. Uh, this is the war Department, not the Defense department. It's excellent. I'm so happy about this, but it's out the point. So yeah, that's that's how they do it over there. And currently Albania has an AI overlord over at least their procurement. And if it does well, uh, it will that. I could imagine a world where we have AI prime ministers and Hugh, it's a it's scary, it's just it's dystopic.
Speaker 7: It does, so I think we should see in Albania like every fucking trans not transformers. Jesus stat that'd give them wide is no sky in it. Give them the Terminator movies, make them watch that well.
Speaker 1: So and we talked about this on the Cajun night a couple. I don't know if it was last week or the week before, honestly, but they are doing this because Albania has been riddled with corruption for years. Like this is not a recent thing, for decades. Albania has been seriously.
Speaker 7: Corrupt, especially their people.
Speaker 1: Well, but that's the thing. Their theory is that AI because it can't be allegedly quote unquote, it can't be swayed on public opinion or based off of who its uncle is or who what family ties that has to this mafia or whatever the case is, so it will be a neutral source on all these things. Backside to that, AI can be programmed to do whatever you want, and if the programmer was corrupt, the AI will be corrupt. But they're gonna find that out on their own there. We're gonna just watch from this side of the pond and see how it plays out. I don't see it going well.
Speaker 7: Also, Poland just in stated Jesus Christ as the king of Poland.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's a movie. Poland really is the European Texas, and I am.
Speaker 7: Here for them, little European Texas. Indeed, so you watch an habitual line cross for USA.
Speaker 1: I love HLC. He is He's amazing. Ethan is an amazing guy.
Speaker 7: Which plane is your favorite? I give you two guesses, which one's my favorite?
Speaker 1: Uh? The Kid and Grandpa.
Speaker 7: Buff Yes, those are my favorite by far.
Speaker 1: All right, So Tony, I saw your hand rais and I saw Royce's hand raised, but then both y'all put it down. Which everyone wants to weigh in first? Go for it.
Speaker 10: I just thought Johnny Somali was going to prison for being one of these shock jocks who to harass people on the street. I didn't realized that he got in trouble for ai fake.
Speaker 7: So the shock jock stuff is true. But to the point there was, uh he got there was a group of care of South Koreans. They tracked him down like based off of the environment, like his life's tracked him down, found out where he was because they got sick and tired of They beat the dog shit out that boy. Hmmm. So, and know what, like the community, like none of the police officers press charges against the the other Koreans and everything. And you gotta keep in mind, Korea, like most Asian countries, are very honor bound to like community and everything, and going there as a as a foreigner, especially to one of the extracted countries, and to pretty much be a dick to society. I'm surprised they didn't bag him and tag him and take his ass to a black site.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Korea doesn't really play around with outsiders coming there breaking the loll as. For sure.
Speaker 7: They should toss his ass over the line to North Korean and just give him to them. Let let let him go, or.
Speaker 1: They'll they'll throw him back. They'll absolutely throw him back.
Speaker 11: Royce, what you got, brother, No, So the so, going back in a few minutes ago when we were talking about this new AI quote unquote actress or whatever, so, I do agree with you that most actors slash actresses have absolutely zero concept.
Speaker 5: Of what the quote unquote real world is.
Speaker 12: I think what they were talking about is the ability to h they emotion right, Like, I'm sure there's some some movies that you've seen where like there's some scene that just it hits hard, whether it's whether it's the background, whether it's the actor. So I think that's what they're talking about that. Eventually, I'm sure that the AI will be able to mimic that, but right now, that's something that probably more people and civic people who have been trained in the art of that. Now, should that be something that these people make millions upon millions of dollars per day or per episode. Absolutely not right, But it definitely is a talent and is a skill.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna knock that right. I'm not saying that acting is not an art form in and of itself. I one hundred percent agree with that. But also think about this from a director's standpoint, Right, You're trying to get this scene just right, and you wanted to carry the amount of weight right, real gravity to this scene, whether it be a big crying scene or a big reveal scene or whatever the case is. Instead of having to all right, cut, all right, listen, I'm gonna need you to be just more more emotion, cry more, just complete breakdown and action, and then you cut. I need more. I need more out of you on this one. Okay, we go just all the way through. Instead of going back and forth and back and forth, wasting everybody's time and film and resources and all this, you could just play it through the AI model and then be like, actually, can we make her cry a little bit more? Da da da boom, It's done. Okay, a little bit less da da da boom. Okay, can we have a little lip quiver at this point ba ba bap. It would take a matter of an hour to get right a scene that in otherwise would have taken days. So I hear what you're saying as far as the human connection, as far as like bringing real emotion to it. But also I agree with the other point that you made that give it a little bit of time and a little bit of tweaking. Tillie nor would, in my opinion, is just the tip of the iceberg. I could see this going way way deep into our entertainment industry as a whole. Let's not even talk about AI musicians or singers or anything else that we have going on here. It's only starting here, you know.
Speaker 5: And they also never age, so you know, a bit major problem if you have a sitcom that is call it a family Well, guess what you know, kids grow up, adults get older, adults die.
Speaker 6: I mean and the move Adam Sandler have the Gilmore two, right, So many actors died, right, So there was a lot of like flashbacks and you know a lot of cameos as it were, but like you would not have that at all with AI exactly.
Speaker 1: And think about that too. If you have a cutback scene, a backstory or something, you don't have to get a child actor that looks really really close to the main actor. You could just program the AI to look like that thing as nine years old or something, or as five or whatever the case, and it will look like it's supposed to all the way through.
Speaker 5: The Karate Kid had that. Yeah, the New Karate Kid with.
Speaker 6: Jackie Chan actually had a good cutback scene with both Danielson and mister Miagi, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was pretty n good, pretty close.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm saying, dude. I see this as a sign of the times. And although I am not the biggest fan of actors as people, I am not happy about them being replaced by AI. It's it's a crazy shift that we very well may be watching in real time. With that being said, let's move on to the article that Royce sent in Tesla's Optimist robot shows off kung fu skills on Jared Leto at Disney event. Bro What okay, let's got it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: When was this posted? Hold on? This was October seventh. Oh god, yesterday. All right, let's check it out here. Elon musk led Tesla's humanoid robot Optimist, recently made an appearance on the red carpet at the tron Aries World premiere in Los Angeles. Of course, he would use that to premiere his new tech. Right at the event, the robot post in a kung fu stance opposite actor Jared Leto. A video shared on social media platform ex quickly went viral was showing the robot performing kung fu moves in a playful face off with the actor. I gotta tell you, I am. I used to be a fan of Jared Leto as an actor, but I have heard and seen too many things about him as a person to where I can't separate art from artists on this one. He's kind of a raging piece of shit as a human being. Well. A person that I know, a content creator who's like a friend of a friend, has a lady friend that basically her and Leto were in a hotel room together and in the middle of it, she decided that she wasn't as down with it as she was, and they were having drinks earlier, so he literally threw her out of the hotel room without any of her clothes and locked the door, and like, that's not the first and only time he's done similar things. So yeah, Jared Leto's kind of a raging piece of shit. But all right, hold on, Sam, I see her. Him Sharing the clip, which drew widespread attention within hours, Tesla's official x account for Optimus rote tried to start a fight with try to start a fight at the tron Aris premiere. The public display was reportedly part of an effort involving Tesla's Disney and Elon Musk's AI platform XAI, designed to connect Hollywood events with advanced robotics technology. Yeah, that's the other way this cookie's gonna crumble in it. It's not just the AI model on the screen. They're gonna have robotics to play certain portions of movies. Why not. In the viral clip, which has already garnered over twenty eight million views, and this was yesterday, it was posting, I guarantee it's more than that. Now, Optimus is seen playfully facing off against Jared Leto, showing off a series of choreographed Kung Fu style moves. Leto stays in character during the lighthearted moments, striking a playful kung fu pose of his own and smiling as the robot continues its routine. Let's go ahead and play this man. Let's check it out. He didn't get into a kung fu stance. He got into a basics fighter stance, like basically a boxing pose. But all right, and I mean, yes, granted, there was obviously robotic in movement. I get that. Yo, give that thing about five more years and let musk really work on the fine motor skills of that thing and then throw a skin suit over the top of it. Will you be able to tell the difference? I mean, honestly, go ahead, sam U.
Speaker 7: Two things. One again, they missed the chance of having it, say, everybody was cang flud fighting Stelo Guen song. But the second thing, jay Letto has a Messiah complex. Not even a god complex, but a Messiah complex complex.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's literally like the second coming of fucking Charles Manson. I'm calling it now. Dude is Larry or fucking David Koresh. He is literally having a fucking sex cult. Makes them come to his eyeland. They pay him like forty fucking grand and the dude does probably isn't even that great of a lover and he I can I could actually see him get going down the David Koresh path and.
Speaker 9: Trying to fuck the little kids. I totally see that shit coming.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that he is or is not a pedal, right, but I will say that he absolutely is leading his own brand of a cult right now. And even before I heard about that, just hearing about uh things that former I don't want to use and partners. Uh, basically he is shitty to people and it's yeah.
Speaker 13: He's not.
Speaker 9: He's a classic naoist.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I grew up in my dad's an egotistical narcissist, so it's easy to fucking point out. And he checks off every fucking uh. He checks off every box of the best of may. The dude is should be like you should open up the the n D five and look for narcissus and there's his picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah he is. All right. So now getting off of the Hollywood actors and the Dutch AI model, but while we're still talking about the Dutch, uh, well yeah kind of. Danish Prime minister calls for strong answer from EU leaders to Russia's hybrid attacks. This is from the BBC Long Story short which we're gonna read the article, of course, but Denmark has grounded all the drones, even civilian own drones. They just put out this massive nationwide proclamation saying basically, if you have a drone and you're flying in the air, expect us to assume you're doing terroristic shit and we're gonna shoot it down and you're gonna be arrested. Now, why would they do that? Let's read in here. EU leaders have met in Copenhagen under pressure to boost European defense after a series of Russians incursions into the EU airspace and days after drones targeted Danish airports. That is correct, Danish Prime Minister met Fredrickson, the most Danish last name on Earth. Toll reporters that from a European perspective, there is only one country willing to threaten us, and that is Russia, and therefore we need a very strong answer back. The incursions have become most accurate, or excuse me, most acute for countries on the EU on their eastern flanks, such as Poland and Estonium. Sorry I'm kind of bumbling through this one. A number of member states have already backed plans for a multi layered drone ball to quickly detect and then track and then destroy RU drones. We meet at a time when Russia has intensified their attacks in Ukraine, where we have seen Russian airspace violations and unwanted drone activity in several European countries, Fredrickson told a news conference after the talks had concluded. They are threatening us, and they are testing us, and they will not stop. She said, oh, she wait a minute, Fredrickson met okay, I honestly thought there was a dude. I don't know traditional Danish names, so apparently met is a female name. My apologies for the assumption. She said. The next steps would include stepping up military and financial support for Ukraine, rearming European countries, and strengthening the production of drones and anti drone technology, which if they would to buy America's new I think it's called the Spartan Wave. Basically, out of fifty drones, it was able to take down forty one of them in one shot. Just sending radio waves to fry the computers was beautiful. And yeah, and this is how it's gonna go. Drone technology is the way that people are gonna fight warfare until something else counteracts it, and then something else is gonna counteract that counteract, and then something else is gonna It's this is how this goes. It's spy versus spy. That's that's the way that warfare goes. Right. We must provide the strongest of deterrence at a scale and speed. European Commissioner President Ursula Vonderley and said Denmark beefed up security for the summit, banning all civilian drone flights until Friday and placing heavy restrictions on traffic and Copenhagen. Every time I know that Copenhagen is their capital city, but every time I read it, all I can think is the country song copern Your Sorry. Denmark is also hosting a broader European Political Community summit on Thursday, and international allies have lent support to ensure both events pass without incident. Copenhagen airport, followed by several Danish airports and military sites on the Jutland peninsula fail least drone disruption disruption rather last week. Ten allies are providing anti drone and surveillance support. According to Denmark's military, which has highlighted an increased presence of foreign troops and equipment. Among the countries contributing are Poland obviously, the UK, the Netherlands, Finland, Sweden, and the US. A German frigate has also docked in Copenhagen. The Germans are the Germans really are stepping up to become the military powerhouse that they once were, and honestly I'm here for it. As hosts to dozens of European leaders over two days, Denmark will want to fend off any more unwelcome surprises in its airspace. Danish police have not found any evidence that Russia was behind last week's drone disruption, but Frederickson linked it explicitly to other hybrid attacks, such as Russia's drone incursions over Poland. It was part of a pattern that had to be viewed from a European perspective. She told reporters on Wednesday. The war in Ukraine is very serious and when I look at Europe today, I think we are in the most difficult and dangerous situation since the end of the Second World War, not the Cold War anymore. Okay, fair enough, but again there's no proof that the drone incursions over the Danish airports were Russian drones. I think that that does need to be restated here. They are assuming, and they may have some credence to that assumption. Fine, but there is no proof. Just so we're clear. Sweden has loaned powerful radar systems to its neighbor for the week, and Ukraine's Zelenski has said Kiev was sending a mission to Denmark for joint exercises to provide Ukrainian experience to drone defense. Good Lord German Chancellor Frederick Murrs said ahead of the summit that airspace incursions were getting worse and that it was reasonable to assume the drones are coming from Russia. Again, that's a reasonable assumption. It's not guaranteed and understood. Just what it's saying. Drones have been seen in recent days over Germany's northern state of Schlaswig Holston, all right, and flights have been delayed in the past week in Vilnius Airport in Lithuania and at Oslo Airport, Norway because of drone activity. We are not at war, but we are no longer at peace either. We must do much more for our own security. Maris told an event in Dusseldorf. This week, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitri Peskoff said it was obvious Germany had long been indirectly involved in the war in Ukraine and rejected unfounded accusations of Russian involvement in the last week's disruption in Denmark. Europe would be better off seeking dialogue on security issues rather than looking to build a divisive drone wall, he said on Tuesday. Uh huh. Such is the concern at Russian activity on Europe's eastern flank that NATO met for consultations twice in September under Article four of its treaty, first after drones violated Polish air space, then when Russian MiG thirty one warplanes entered Estonian airspace for twelve minutes. We have to keep our sky safe, said NATO Secretary General Mark Root, who met Ursula vonder Layan in Brussels on the eve of the Copenhagen summit. The idea of a drone wall was raised a month ago by vonder Lahyam, and Root said it was timely and necessary because in the end we cannot spend millions of euros or dollars on missiles to take out drones which are only costing a couple of thousand dollars. It's very true, very accurate. A senior EU diplomat told the BBC that there were still questions over financing the plan and about command and control, but Europe's response to Russia's drone violations in Poland had led to some serious soul searching. We have to be more agile and find better tools. Again, I feel like they're looking at it the wrong way. You shouldn't be shooting down drones with missiles. There's way easier and more cost effective ways. But anyway, a former brigadier general in the Danish military, all Kavarno Kaverno, told the BBC that the drone wall was a political, very generic concept at the moment, but that last week's drone activity over his country had been a wake up call for the authorities and the broader Danish population. Anyway. The article goes on for a little bit longer, but I think we've got the overall gist of it here. Yeah, everybody's worried about russia incursion over their airspace. Drones are becoming more of a frontline asset as far as the war is concerned. So every European country is watching the skies for a little bit more than just jets at this time. And yeah, here we have it. We're moving on to the next topic, talking about foreign assets in the sky. However, let's go on to this next article. This is from Army Recognition dot com. Chinese fighter jets simulated constructive kills on British carrier strike group. There's only a couple of days ago. Let's get into it here. Actually know what I'm going to zoom into where I could read that better, because I'm getting older and my eyes are getting shittier as the day is long. Chinese fighter jets executed constructive kill attacks profiles against HMS Richmond as the UK's carrier group, led by HMS Prince of Wales, was tracked and harassed near the Spratlee Islands. According to the British officers cited by The Independent on September thirtieth, twenty twenty five, the incident's underscore rising risks around freedom of navigation operations in the South China Sea and Taiwan straight routes critical to the US trade and Allied security. The Independent reported on Tuesday that the Chinese aircraft flew the same trajectories they would use to strike Royal Navy vessels before breaking off, described by officers as quote unquote constructive kills, while Chinese ships shadowed the UK carrier HMS Prince of Wales and the frigate HMS Richmond near the Spratley Islands. The update ads that the HMS Richmond also faced simulated attack runs during a Taiwan straight transit. These maneuvers increased the chance of miscalculation in one of the world's busiest sea lanes and test Allied commitments to open navigation. So this in the picture here is the HMS Prince of Wales. That's a massive aircraft carrier. And you know, I know that every country does their thing different. The British have this ramp at the very end of their aircraft carriers. Americans don't have that. We have a straight runway and we have the oh hell, what's it called, the thing that basically launches off the ship. If you've ever seen top gun, it's the thing that they use to kick the football at the front of the ship. I forget what it's called. I want to say shuttle cock. Is that the technical term for it.
Speaker 7: I'm not exactly shuret if you want to can text my step daddy was in the Navy.
Speaker 1: I want to say it's a shuttle or something like that, but now I'm thinking it might I'm thinking shuttle cock like the bad Minton catapult. Maybe maybe something like that, but either way you want to look at it. We have that and it's sending it with so much force and the pilots are able to pick up speed to where they can just take off with it. The British Royal Navy and Royal Air Sir servis I should say, they use this ramp at the end of their ships. I think it's silly, but at the same time it's kind of cool. I don't want to knock it too hard, but yeah, that's how you can tell a British aircraft carrier if you see the ramp at the front.
Speaker 7: Honestly, according to Google, it is called a catapult.
Speaker 1: There we are all right. Tony is on it as usual, my dad. The episode forms part of the sequence that began with HMS Richmond's transit to the Taiwan Straight on the twelfth of September, alongside the USS or US deshoer USS Higgins Beijing denounced a provocation quote unquote and deployed air and naval assets to shadow the two ships, while London and Washington described a routine passage in the air National waters HMS Prince of Wales which they go into the nomenclature of operates F thirty five B short takeoff and vertical landing aircraft and Merlin helicopters for airborne early warning and anti submarine warfare, enabling an air SA protective bubble extending hundreds of miles. Its Stovl deck which they probably pronounced stoval but I don't know, Just moving on and mission architecture allows sustained, sustained SORTI generation in a contested environment while providing a useful command and control volume for allied operations. HMS ription Richmond a type twenty three frigate optimized for anti submarine warfare fields, a whole sonar and towed array CAMC sceptor missile missiles for a local area air defense, and a hangar for Merlin or Wildcats, making it a frontline sensor and early warning picket for strike groups. The USS Higgins is an AEGIS equipped rle Burke Flight two a destroyer. It combines SPY one, radar, SM two or SM six, surface to air missiles, and precision strike options, providing layered defense and an expanded air defense umbrella within the Allied formation. The constructive kill maneuver func shud as signaling pilots climb, place themselves within a plausible weapons envelope, simulate an attack solution, then to disengage. Basically, if I'm understanding here, it's the same way that pilots will play war games against each other and do mock dogfights. Essentially, if you could lock onto them, then that's seen as a constructive kill, so to speak. So the Chinese air assets were essentially doing this mock. Of course, they weren't actually locking on They weren't actually about to pull the trigger and send weapon or missiles or anything to these ships, because that would be crazy of them to try that. But essentially they were going through the motions as if that's what they were about to do for their quote unquote constructive kills. On the British side, officers describe an information warfare intent designed to make clear that the aircrafts are targeting them while keeping a safe more margin. On the Chinese side, the fighters use these scenarios are multi roll platforms with long range profiles able to carry beyond visual range air to air missiles and anti shiploads. The latest version mounts an AESA radars, allowing realistic approach parameters even without firing. British reports describe this to and FRO in detail, visible on called consoles and suitable for post mission analysis. They get more into the nomenclature of the British ships, in which, like flagships, are what on station around the sprat les. Chinese platforms alternated tracking close approaches and shows of presence all round allied units modulating intensity above or below contested thresholds. British crews describe four or five Chinese ships seeking to close with the Prince of Wales to test reactions, which is exactly what this was for. The surface units involved in these situations combined surveillance radars, long range optics and robust communications, often with coastguard support, enabling tight contact and exploitation of legal gray areas in the air. The simulated trajectories remained readdible readable Jesus readable on shipborn radar and electro optics. Altogether, the sequence generated data useful for refining rules of engagement, alert procedures, and close in defense drills. The Taiwan Strait, which is a narrow waterway, carries specific legal and political weight. Beijing regularly presents the strait as internal waters, whereas Western navies point to the freedom of the navigation under unclos Essentially, China is the only one that recognizes this as a part of China. Everyone else on Earth and their allies. China and their allies see it as a part of the Sea of China. Everyone else sees it as international waters. So you know there's some contention there. In practice, each routine transit triggers public statements, coordinated aircs showing imaginary capture or imagery capture, and then a return to calm. In this case, the combined presence of the US AGIS destroyer and a British anti submarine escort under the umbrella of a carrier capable of operating the F thirty five B with few sensors and secure data links reduced the coercive value of the opposing aerial delays or displays. So it gets more into the technicalities of it all. But yes, this is absolutely a source of contention. These Chinese fighters essentially were simulating a kill shot on these naval assets of the US and the British while they were in the Taiwan Strait. Not a good look, but also they got to test their abilities as pilots, and our navy got a good look at what they'd be willing to do if and when that time came. So all right now, as we are still talking about international things, I don't know how many people listening to the Cajunier gamers. I know. I like to play a video game from time, you know, every now and again. I can't tell you the last time I really sat and played any real video game for any real extended amount of time, except for Minecraft with my kids. And oh I should give this adendum Double seven's Golden eye for any of the old school gamers out there that remember the first first person shooter video game ever on Nintendo sixty four. I just downloaded it for my Xbox and I was playing it earlier. You want to talk about, immediately send you back to ninety eight when you and your homies were all huddled around one Box TV and the Nintendo sixty four with four remotes coming off with that mug. It is insane, and I'm playing this showing my children that this is what first person shooter games used to look like. This was cutting edge, y'all. The animation that we used to geek out over it's so realistic. Looking back at it now is crazy, like actually crazy. But it was really really nostalgic and really cool. With all of that being said, the Saudis have now bought EA Games, Yes, the whole EA Sports It's in the game that is now owned by the Saudis, And there's a lot of things to be said about this. Some are hoping, myself included, that perhaps EA will actually produce a good game now, because I, in my humble opinion, think that EA has not produced a good game aside from like sporting games. Fine, I'm talking about like actual in depth games. They haven't produced a good one of note in ten years, fifteen years. Maybe so because they've been trying to give what they think the people want. The Saudis, depending on what day you catch them, could be very much willing to work with the public, or they're completely unhinged and they're just gonna do what the hell they want anyway, So I'm hoping that this will lead to hopefully some revamping of games that we wanted and this never received, or perhaps they will release video games that we're seen as like the second tier or third tier of some of these older video games that we were waiting on. But yeah, I'm just saying I could see it as a very net positive thing. But let's read in here. It says on September twenty ninth of twenty twenty five, Saudi Arabia's public investment fund equity company silver Lake and investment firm Affinity Partners, the latter of which is led by Jerry Kushner. Yeah, I let that one's sink in announce their intention to acquire EA for fifty five billion dollars US. Once complete, the acquisition would take the company private and another high profile video game publisher to the PIF's portfolio and put one of the biggest video game publishers under owners with close personal ties to the US government. If you're worried about EA's future, you're in good company. The acquisition is unprecedented on many levels and throws the future of EA Studios and some of its biggest franchises, including BioWare, the Sims, Apex, Legends, and battlefield into doubt. Industry analysis have varying predictions about what could come next. However, there are a few contestants, namely that EA will or constants rather namely that EA will likely implement large scale spending reductions and sell off its less profitable studios. I gotta say, I don't see that as a possibility. The Saudis are very comfortable throwing large amounts of money at anything for the hell of it. They've shown that how many they have their own golfing league, They have their own They're starting entire whole sports franchises and leagues with Saudi money just to do it. It's mind blowing. So I don't see this as them doing this to trim the fat by any stretch of the imagination. But yeah, I mean I don't know that for a fact. Go ahead there, Sam.
Speaker 8: Bomb.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So the EA Games, you gotta uh, I know that it's EA Games. Uh challenge everything, and you don't play volunteer personally. The challenge everything is my favorite because the Medal of Honor.
Speaker 1: But no, you gotta keep.
Speaker 7: In mind the reason why the EA Games shelled Medal of Honor because they got in a fix that they got in a controversy because in War Fighter you could either play as the Allies, the Americans, or you could play as the Taliban. Yeah, and I can't help. But also Saudi's they're making moves to ingrain themselves even more into American entertainment, not just the EA Games aspect, but now it is the unprecedented. It started with just Saudi Arabia Crown Jewel for WWE, which is now only ever done in Saudi Arabia. Now they're about to have the first WrestleMania in Saudia and they're try they for I love wrestling, I love all the gimmicks, I love the characters, and all I do not like the fact that they're they're making the women go in like from neck down in leather suits or they're even trying to make them wear burke is now and if they don't, they won't be able to come back.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine seeing like the WWE divas wearing burkas is their body slamming each other. Well, that's the most hilarious.
Speaker 7: Oh, by the way, they're not called divas anymore. That's controversial. They're called up. They're just called superstars like the guys though personally one of my favorite belts. I have all pretty much. I have two K twenty five. I have real Bloody Ripley. I have her with the Divas Championship right now because I don't like any of the females like Morning I grew up in like I grew up right after the attitude there. But I love attitude there. Uh, trist Stratus will oh be the goat to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about wrestling. I only know a few names. Brother, I'm gonna be real with you. But to your point, Saudi Arabia is making big purchases as far as entertainment is concerned, whether that's WWE, whether that's sports, whether that's movies, whatever the case is. And now video games are and EA is not a small company by any means. Now, I will say this, as far as the video game market is concerned, aside from the big ones, the Call of Duty's and the you know these types of things, the indie market has been killing it as far as video games are concerned. Right. EA has been losing money, whether they really want to acknowledge it or not, for a few years now. Perhaps perhaps the Saudi's throwing this type of money at it and basically saying like, hey, no idea is a dumb idea. Of the people want it, the people can get it. Perhaps we might see some decent video games come out of it. But anyway, not gonna spend too much time on this article. But I did want to make a mention of the fact that yes, Ea games are now owned by the Saudis. So the next time you're playing Battlefield or Fifa or BioWare or any of these bigger games, you are now helping to fund the Saudi royal family. It's worth mentioning. Now we should make a mention of this. It is possible while we are sticking as of this moment on the international news, then we're gonna make our way to national news for the United States. Anyway. Trump just announced only a few hours ago as of time recording, that there may in fact be an Israel Hamas deal in the works as we speak. I got a quick video of it. Trump gets a note from Rubio before announcing that Israel and Hamas have struck a deal. Let's watch.
Speaker 14: I was just dealing with people from the Middle East, our people and other people on the potential peace deal for the Middle East. Piece for the Middle East. So it's a beautiful phrase and we hope it's going to come true. But it's very close and they're doing very well. We have a great team over there, great negotiators, and they're unfortunately great negotiators on the other side also. But it's something I think that will happen, got a good chance of happening. I may go there sometime towards the end of the week, maybe on Sunday actually, and we'll see. But there's a very good chance that negotiations are going along very well. We're dealing with Hamas and many of the countries, as you know, we have Muslim All of the Muslim countries are included, all of the Arab countries are included, very rich countries and some that are not so rich, but just about everybody's included. It's never happened before. Nothing like that has happened before. In our final negotiation, as you know, is with Amas and it seems to be going well. So we'll let you know if that's the case. We'll be leaving probably on Sunday, maybe Saturday, maybe a little a little later than Saturday evening, but that seems to be our schedule. That's why they shouldn't be reported.
Speaker 1: Which job is he here for today?
Speaker 14: Anything we should know about the Middle East.
Speaker 1: So we're hoping to talk to you about here, mister President.
Speaker 14: He's not a good job.
Speaker 15: Well, they're smart, but they're not smart enough. They oh, my microphone's broken. They're smart, but they're not smart enough. They have been covered by these liberal cities for so many years. And that's why we're all working with Treasury, with all these different departments to find the criminal conspiracy.
Speaker 14: I'm just giving.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I was just given a note by the Secretary of State saying that we're very close to a deal in the Middle East, and they'll gonna need me pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, let's talk more about it here. This is from CBS News only a few hours ago. Israel and Hamas reach deal to release all hostages and partially withdraw Israeli troops. Trump says, let's get into it here. Israel and Jamas have struck a deal for Hamas to release all remaining hostages. Oh what is this little thing? Popped up Jesus, and for Israel to withdraw its forces to an agreed uponline President Trump announced Wednesday, in what could be called the first phase of a peace deal to end the two year long war. This is a great day for the Arab and Muslim world, Israel, all surrounding nations, and the United States of America. Blessed are the Peacemakers is a direct quote from his truth Social post. Two regional sources told CBS News there is an agreement on all sides in principle on a hostage release, but procedural issues remain. Once those details are handled, it will be forty eight hours before any release starts, the sources say. A senior White House official told the said the hostages could be released on Monday. The deal will go to Israel's cabinet for approval on Thursday, and if votes yes, the Israeli military will need to withdraw to an agree uponline in the Gaza strip, which should take under twenty four hours. Then Hamas will have seventy two hours to release the hostages, the official said. In an interview Wednesday night with Fox News Sean Hannity, Trump suggested that other parts of the Israeli Hamas peace plan he laid out last week, including a committee to oversee governance in Gaza, could be forthcoming. Direct quote here it says, I think you're going to see people getting along and you'll see Gaza being rebuilt. The President said, that is. That is wishful thinking from my layman's perspective. But all right, let's keep going. People are going to be taken care of. It's going to be a different world. Wow. Yep, that is. That is one of the most statements that's ever been made. Magid all I'm sorry. An advisor to Qatari Prime Minister Sheikh Muhammad bin Abdul Rahman al Taini. Jesus these names. Homeboy has six names and it starts with Prime Minister at eight. Okay also confirmed that the deal on Wednesday, writing on x that an agreement was reached on the first phase of the Gaza cease Fire Agreement, which will lead to ending the war, the release of Israeli hostages and Palestinian prisoners, and the entry of aid. Israeli Prime Minister net Nyahu also released a short statement on the hostages that read, with God's help, we will bring them all home. In a follow up statement, net Nyahu said it was a big day for Israel and that he would convene the government to approve the agreement. And bring all our dear hostages home. Net, Yahoo and Trump spoke Wednesday, which the Israeli government described as very emotional and warm conversation. Hamas also confirmed in a statement that it had reached an agreement. The terrorist group praised Katari, Egyptian and Turkish mediators in helping broker a deal, and specifically thank Trump for his efforts quote unquote efforts. It also called on the President to ensure that Israel fully complies with the terms of the agreement. I don't know how Trump's gonna make Net and Yahoo do anything but all right cool. In his earlier truth social post, Trump wrote, all parties will be treated fairly. The announcement came just hours after Trump said that he may travel to the Middle East this weekend and was open to potentially traveling to the Gaza Strip. I seriously doubt Trump's gonna be making a trip to the Gaza Strip that that would be sure. During an unrelated event at the White House on Wednesday, Trump read a note that was passed to him. We just watched the video of that taking place. A little over a week ago, Trump unveiled a twenty point piece plan at a White House meeting with net Yahoo, who expressed his full support for the proposal. The current round of indirect negotiations between Israel and Hamas began on October sixth in Egypt, with Egyptian and Katari officials acting as intermediaries. US Envoy Steve Whitkoff and Trump's son in law Jared Kushner have been expected to join the talks on Wednesday, days after NETANYAHUO confirmed that he had sent a delegation quote to close the technical details of the release of our hostages end quote. The war in Gaza, which has royal the Middle East has sparked, was sparked by Maas. We are the October seventh attack. We know this Israel's RETALIATORYA war in Gaza against Amas, which the US and Israel consider a terrorist organization, has killed more than sixty seven thousand people, according to Hamas run Gaza Ministry of Health. Yes, I understand there is going to be people that are saying those numbers are conflated. There's going to be some people that are saying that number is way too high to be accurate. There's gonna be people saying that number is way too low to be accurate. Not here to squabble over the details. They have killed way more people than what was necessary if you're just trying to take out Amas. There's been far too many innocent civilian casualties on this entire situation, and I think everybody can agree on that. Moving on, it says yeah, it says the sixty seven thousand people ran the Hamas ran Gaza Ministry of Health, which does not distinguish between civilian and combatant casualties. Of the two hundred and fifty one hostages who were taken into Gaza, one hundred and forty eight were either freed as part of previous ceasefire agreements or rescued by Israeli forces. According to the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the bodies of a number fIF of another fifty seven hostages were returned or recovered. The ministry says Trump's peace plan had called for Hamas to release all forty eight remaining hostages. Israel believes twenty of them are still alive. In return, Israel would release two hundred and fifty Palestinians serving life sentences, along with approximately seventeen hundred other Gazans detained since the start of the war. Hamas said on October fourth, it agreed to key portions of mister Trump's original proposal, including the release of hostages in exchant for Palestinian prisoners hail by Israel and relinquishing its governance of Gaza, but the group had said other parts of the plant needed to be further negotiated. So apparently whatever further negotiations needed to happen have taken place. Hopefully, I mean, I don't know, but hopefully this is accurate. Hopefully this will be step one, whether it's a three point plan or a twenty point plan, or whatever the case is. I think everybody, regardless of what side of the aisle you're currently sitting on, or whatever religious deity you worship, I think we can all agree that we just want that whole situation to stop. I think we're on the same page here.
Speaker 8: I do have a question, Jacob, go ahead.
Speaker 7: So Hamas is saying that Isael is committing a genocide against him, I just I still don't understand why they would say that when they their tenant of their deaths go is to kill every Jew from the river to the sea, and to kill all Americans. So if they want to commit a genocide, why are they saying, Oh, they're killing all of us, Shame on them.
Speaker 1: So now we're getting into the tricky portion of the conflict in this region, right because Hamas is representing the side that says that Israelis are occupiers, illegally occupying what was once their land. On the other side, the Israelis are saying, the Gazans and the Palestinians should be grateful that we're giving them this land to live on. It's and I'm not going to weigh in on either side, to be honest with you, because to do so would be getting into the messy situation of the founding of the nation in the first place. Then we continue on to the religious and moral dogmas of either side of this conversation. It gets messier and messier the more you look into it, as far as a genocide on one side of the other and same thing there. There's an argument that could be said to say that if Hamas would just put down their guns, then this conflict would have been over months ago. But if Israelis would have put down their guns, would the conflict also have been done months ago? Or would Hamas have taken that as a sign of weakness and made a counter offensive. And this is what I'm saying. It's it's all up in the air of the what ifs and the how ziffs and the who ziffs, and it's just there is no clear cut answer. There are no good guys, no matter which way you slice this one. Who started the conversation and who shot the first shot. Yes, Hamas did do their attack on October seventh. Nobody's denying that that took place. However, who funded that? If you really want to go up the chain far enough, Biden did because Biden gave Iran six billion dollars. Those six billion dollars were used in military aid that was sent to Hamas to give them the push that they needed to make their attack into Israel. And let's not negate the fact that that allegedly Gaza is an open air prison and they're under strict surveillance and all these things for years and years and years. Yet somehow Mussad, the world's greatest intelligence organization ever period ever, missed the amassing of weapons and troops and all these things. For the weeks leading up to the attack. Mussad just kind of didn't look at the cameras on their prison Like I said, the more you dig into this, the messier it gets. And not even trying to go conspiratorial with it, but you kind of can't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm just gonna say I blame Sayah because she didn't have faith in the Lord. If she she should have just had faith in the Lord. And I told Abraham to fuck your safe and then none of this shit would be happening. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, like, the deeper you get into it, the more that the religious dogmas and stories come into play, and it's it gets messier the more you look.
Speaker 7: The tribe of Israel and the tribe of Ishmael forever brother tribes forever in a fucking blood death snatch, the like the hat Fild and the Coois of the desert.
Speaker 1: So geopolitics don't really care about the stories of the Old Testament. But at the same time, you can't remove those from the situation that has led to the geopolitics of today. It's the two are innerlocked for all time. So it is what it is, Tony, I see you, unmuted brother, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Okay, Yeah, I got a lot here. I think the Abraham, Ishmael and Isaac probably were not real people, but they might as well have been because I think these tribes have been at war with each other for a long time and they kind of made up the story of Isaac and Ishmael as a backstory to explain why they're doing what they're doing. And this has happened in other societies too, like the Gypsies with the story of stealing some nails or something. They probably never happened, but they just feel like they need a backstory.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of that that the Gypsy stole the nails that were used to crucify Christ and all these things.
Speaker 10: That's their story. I don't believe it's actually true, but I believe they made it up.
Speaker 16: Bro.
Speaker 1: Have you heard it?
Speaker 10: Similar stories wander the Earth?
Speaker 1: Yeah, same story with the Cagos. Have you heard of them?
Speaker 10: No, never heard of them.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do an episode on them on the Cult here soon. But basically, they are a group that some claim or the carpenters that built the cross that Jesus was nailed to and it's it's so crazy, it's so anyway detracting. Continue with your thoughts.
Speaker 10: On Okay, Well, Gaza and Palestine have just been screwed since the forties, and Gaza in particular since two thousand and five had it had had Israeli settlements inside it. But in two thousand and five the Israeli government decided that all the Israeli settlers need to leave Gaza, so they pulled them out, and they pulled it had been under kind of a military occupation where soldiers could just go in and go anywhere they wanted. But and they pulled all the soldiers to the perimeter. And in my opinion, it really was a prison. It didn't have an airport, didn't have a seaport. They were not allowed to fish beyond, you know, a few hundred feet from the shore. In fact, this brings up one thing about that flotilla. The flotilla actually distracted the Israeli navy so much that the gozen's actually got the fish. Last week they got to catch big nets full of fish for the first time in a long time.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 10: And they filmed it and posted it like, yeah, we haven't gotten to do this in a couple of years. But I don't think that it's true that the Palestinians really want to kill all the Jews. I think that's exaggerated propaganda. They really just want the land that they're living on. They want to be able to collect the water that rains down on them. They want to have the right to, you know, all the stuff that goes with that land. They want to have electricity, they want to have all this. They want to have a state. They don't have a state right now.
Speaker 1: That's when you say that, when you say the Palestinians want this, you are not talking about Hamas. You're talking about the average family that's living in Gaza at this time.
Speaker 10: Correct, because about non Hamas, but I think it probably relates to Hamas too. I would have to read their charter. I think they don't recognize the right of Israel to exist as a state. I does want to say kill all the Jews. I don't think that's what they're after.
Speaker 1: Genocide, dude. Hamas has been on that kick for quite some time.
Speaker 10: They want to they want to kill all the Jews in the world, or just all the Jews in Israel.
Speaker 1: Only israelis not Jewish people, not the religion. Hamas didn't worried about them, although they because they're Muslim, they probably have their own opinion on that one. But no, the just in general, Hamas wants a genocide of all Israelis, that is for sure.
Speaker 10: If you say so, I don't really believe it, but I'll try to look it up.
Speaker 17: There, like Iman, of the fucking natives of each Muslim fucking world, they're all saying to globalize the Dafada, a holy walk.
Speaker 8: Kill every Jew.
Speaker 7: And the first fucking tenant of Hamas and Hezbollah is death to the.
Speaker 8: Jews and death to America.
Speaker 7: They don't say death to Israel, they say death to the Jews.
Speaker 1: And I mean it depends on what country you go to. Some countries are more extreme than others as far as their beliefs of the Hadith and certain factions of the Islamic religion. That is for sure. There's more liberal Muslims on earth. And by liberal, I don't mean like democrat. I mean as far as that goes. They might observe the Qur'an, but they're also not trying to start a jihad either. You know, there's more of them on earth than there are radical Muslims. That is a fact that being said. I mean, even we just did an episode on the Cult talking about the Christian genocide going on around the world. In Nigeria, thousands of Christians have been murdered and crucified. Also, thousands of liberal Muslims have been murdered by the Muslim extremists, so there's infighting within the religion as well.
Speaker 7: They're also killing Jewss. You can't forget about the Jews. And which is funny because I even bought that up because I CoA because I talking shit. Stand while all the Jews are killing the Muslims and they ain't did shit. Hamasas should all misunderstood. I'm like you doualize that Hamas is killing their own people, using them as human meat shields, and they're killing not just the Jews, of killing cushions and their own people.
Speaker 1: And I'll say that I haven't seen or heard any reports of Hamas fighters using Palestinians as human shields. Now, there are other examples of other Muslim countries doing that. Absolutely, that was happening in Afghanistan. There are a few cases of that happening in Iraq. I haven't physically, with my own eyeballs, seen any example of that going on. As far as this particular scuffle is concerned, I should say.
Speaker 8: That, Okay, Jacob, what do you call it?
Speaker 7: When they knowingly hide in a fucking church filled with people. What do you call it when they hide in in a children's hospital, knowing.
Speaker 10: Hidden in the church. I'm not aware of any not a church.
Speaker 1: They never hidden the church, but they were using that hospital as a weapons cash and that was discovered later. So to your point, that's been confirmed by multiple non Israeli sources.
Speaker 10: They I don't believe that Al Shifa, we would that, yeah, al Shifa hospital with the Israeli ideaf going around pointing to stuff like, look, this is a US. Look that's some of us. And he's pointing to like a random calendar or something. Look at all this Arabic writing.
Speaker 1: No, no, not that I have seen videos of that.
Speaker 7: True, But yeah, I think that the Middle East will never have peace. I think it's aesthetical to both of them, because they both say, well, this is our promise said, even though that the con says that Israel belongs to the Jews. So and I have led the Koran and I am still currently reading it, and the more I read it.
Speaker 8: The more and more pissed off I become.
Speaker 1: Because it's not a good read. I should mention that.
Speaker 8: I dare say it is about this.
Speaker 7: I put it on the lines of about the same as mine.
Speaker 8: Comp useless.
Speaker 1: Now, I will say this if you're if anybody listening wants to check out the Quran for themselves and you are of the American variety, there is a version of the Quran where they are put in sequential order. The regular Quran does not have them in like historicity order. They go from order of largest book to smallest book or vice versa, and you have to jump book to book to find the order of precedence. There are versions that you can find of them going A, B, C, D E all the way through. So just so you're clear, if you're jumping through and you're just reading it cover to cover and you don't know that, you'll get a little lost in the trans I'll throw that out.
Speaker 7: Also, I have a fund who is Scout, who was from Egypt and all he was he's a Muslim. Uh would be nice dude, but he pretty much ran away. He joined the Marine Corps and everything his there there's a controversy around his father's death and uh yeah he is. Uh his father got was found head head taken off because he was raping, uh my buddy's little sister.
Speaker 8: So them, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Uh, the I can't remember what saint it was, but the Catholic saint that what is the patron saint of say of New Orleans. Uh, the one that had his head that he carried his head in his own hands.
Speaker 1: Damn it. I was just looking at the story of that guy. That is crazy. He would be headed and carried his head in his hands, still preaching as he walked for seven miles before he collapsed insanate.
Speaker 7: His death is also referenced in h Red Dead Redemption uh two, which by far is better than out of those two games. But no, uh, my buddy, I'm not gonna say his name, but yeah he uh, well, we got drunk together and all, and he said that the it was the happiest day of his life. The bating stopped and he was just happy his sister's safe. But he went out of the community and he joined the Marine Corps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so that would be Dennis of Paris, Saint Dennis and his companions Roostus and Luthrius.
Speaker 7: Okay, St Denis because in Red Dead Redmson, Uh, the town of New Orleans is named after him, and it's pronounced San Denis.
Speaker 8: Well, not in French.
Speaker 1: It yeah, in French that would be Denis. In English, that'd be Dennis, because in French you don't pronounce the last letter, and the eye makes the e noise, not he is in the letter like he is in the mouth sound, So that would be Saint Denis. His martyrdom. After being arrested, the three men were executed by beheading on the highest hill in Paris known as the montmart or Mountain of Martyrs.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Following his decapitation, Dennis's body is said to have picked up his own head and he walked for several I said seven several miles, all while preaching a sermon on repentance. Uh. Yeah. His final place is at the Basilica of Saint Denis, a church that became the burial place for the Kings of France. So yeah, that's a wild story.
Speaker 7: Keep in mind that he's not the only person who is to be said that has been decapitated and the body still walks and does everything. Hell Edward, thatch or teacher, whichever, what pronunciation you want to call a good old blackbeard got shot, stabbed and got his head cut off, and yet he swam around the Queen Anne's revenge for seven laps.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 7: Dude, howld legend goes, and then you have a resputin he got shot, stabbed, castrated, poisoned, bludgeoned, drown and that they thought he killed him and what actually killed him was he drowned to death. Also, the communist puck is actually on display in a pickled jar.
Speaker 8: Yeahquck is on display.
Speaker 1: All right. Yeah, so we kind of way detracted from you, Tony, So go ahead. We were talking about the Hamas Israel situation, and I agree with you. I don't think that this is gonna meet a neat end, but I really hope it does well.
Speaker 10: I was also researching a little bit about the Hamas Charter in nineteen eighty eight. Their charter did quote a hadith saying there will be a final battle between Muslims and Jews, but their twenty seventeen charter softened that a lot, and it specifically said that their struggles against Zionism and not against Jews and not against the Jewish religion. So they tried to soften it right there. Definitely, And if you want to complain about the Hajeths, really not any garcier than the Old Testament in my opinion, So anyone quoting ancient literature like this is definitely going to run into embarrassing stuff. So I think that the way Hamas is and the way Palestinian terrorism is in Islamic's terrorism is in general, it's mostly like ninety nine percent a result of the Israeli occupation of the land that they used to live on. And you know, of course they're pissed off about that.
Speaker 1: I have to push back a little bit on you here, dude. I think that their extremism, as far as this goes, predates the nation state of Israel by centuries. I mean, we could even look to not even talking about the Caliphates and the Crusades or any of these things. We could even look at the Barbary Pirates. The reason why the Marine Corps was sent to Tripoli, right, was because there was a ship that ran aground and the captors were beheaded because they would not convert to Islam. Thomas Jefferson, who was the president at the time, could not understand why they would behead the prisoners, like because they wouldn't convert to a religious idea ideation, Why wouldn't they ransom them or something along these lines. So Thomas Jefferson read the Quran and read these books and realized like, oh, this is a part of their religion, like forced conversion. At sword points he was like, got you, So we're just going to handle that, and that led to the Barbary Wars. So as far as Islam being a religion of peace, I have to say that is completely anti antithetical to what the warlord known as Mohammad the prophet quote unquote was actually about what he actually preached what he was also a pedophile, Yeah, yeah, for sure, he was a pedophile.
Speaker 10: I thought, well, well, Palestine before the nineteen forties it had a pretty large, very large Muslim population is probably like split on here, like sixty percent Muslim, thirty Christian, and ten percent Jewish, that's my guess. And Jerusalem in particular had a pretty large Jewish population for sure, even as far back as the eighteen hundreds. So it seems like under Ottoman rule episodically there might have been some violence, but broadly speaking, most of the time people got along better and there was more religious diversity than there is today. Now. It seems like Israel really wants to rule the place and the other people just do not get political rights. They don't get statehood, and that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Jerusalem has going been a weird case study. There was actually a book written, I think it's called nine hundred Years of History of Jerusalem, and that city alone, not Israel, not Judea, not Palestine, not the land mass itself. The city of Jerusalem has been a peaceful melting pot for the vast majority of the last two millennia. We're really going to look at it here because not only do the Christian, not only do the Jews, but includingly the Muslims see it as a holy city with holy sites. There is examples, as a matter of fact, when the Knights Templars ran or that city for a portion of time, they allowed Muslims to come in and worship at the Dome of the Rock. Now not massive armies, of course, it was case by case, but there's examples of the Muslims doing very similar things for the Jews and for the Christians at different points in time. So Jerusalem is the outlier, it is not the rule. It is the exception. Now, if we look at the land surrounding it, and we look at all of Palestine, Judea, Israel, all these things, that land has been under a lot of contention for thousands of thousands of years. So I mean, yeah, I see what you're saying. There are exceptions historically speaking, but I don't. Yeah, it's one of those things, man. And a lot of the the Islamic tradition is based off of warlord style tactics. Most of the book is written about warring with quote unquote enemy tribes. Some of them were true enemies, some of them were conquest versus conquistador style things. It just, yeah, it's not a it's not a clean it's not a clean history. But then again, most history is not clean, So go ahead, Sam, Look you are like dying over here.
Speaker 7: So also Mohammad allegedly Mohammad of he had a unicorn of black but if you look at it, it isn't a unicorn. It's it's despicted as a white steed with wings, and the closest thing to that would be a pegasus Greek mythology, and it just goes it.
Speaker 1: But haven't heard of that. All I heard was that he had a dream where he wrote a donkey to Jerusalem. I I don't know.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It also said that when he did it, he rose up and that's how he was ordained by God, and God told him how to play five times a day and everything. But it's just weird because if before it was Palestine, it was is one. And the only reason why the name of Palestine or Palestine was given was because of the Romans being a fucking dick, well, because they were afraid of the Jews having a second uprising.
Speaker 1: They know they did have a second uprising, which is why they were expelled from the land and why they said that this will no longer be called Judea and they changed it to Palestine for sure, wasn't it.
Speaker 7: Like Syria Palestine? The technical tone.
Speaker 1: Of it, I think, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: This would have been around one hundred and thirty five AD, if I'm not mistaken. But the name of Palestine also goes back to Herodotus, which would have been about five hundred years earlier, for sixty BC. So these competing names existed even way back then.
Speaker 7: Do you mean the man that that was it or was it a plutarl So.
Speaker 10: I thought I heard you say Plutarch. I don't know anything about Plutarch.
Speaker 9: Really, I don't know what Plutarch, but I was my I said Plato.
Speaker 7: I met Plato, not because Pluto is the Roman version of Hades.
Speaker 1: Uh, Plato, Pluto was the Greek equivalent or the Roman equivalent of it.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying. Was a philosopher, That's what I was trying to say. I can't remember which one was also the one that that was depicting, Uh.
Speaker 16: The.
Speaker 7: Atlantis past, the straight the Strait of Gibraltar, which was known as the Pillars of Heracles, not Hercules, because that's the Roman variation. His name in Greece would have been Heracles, named after his stepmother, which she tried to kill him because she's a royal fucking toun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that Plato made the claims about Atlantis and things like that. Now, Plutarch was also a historian, but that's a conversation for a whole whole different epic. But he's worth the looking, He's worth the Google. I will say that Plutarch is worth the Google, Yes, as well as Herodotus, just so we're all clear here. But yeah, these are multiple historical sources that a lot of people will look at as sometimes I witness, sometimes not. But they're closer to the events that took place than we are. So I mean a lot of people use them as sources, and yes, some of their things that they wrote about are subject to interpretation. I want to say it was Plenty the Elder who or maybe was Plenty of the Younger. No, no, no, no, Plutarch, I'm not mistaken. Damn it not, damn it. Now you got me all turned upside down. I'm trying to think of which one wrote the first encyclopedia. I want to say it was Plenty of the Elder.
Speaker 7: Which one was the one that wrote about and everybody said, oh, that's just mythical until we actually found the fucking uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: He also wrote the Iliad and the Odyssey correct.
Speaker 1: Yes, which is the only time where Troy was actually mentioned by anything. Yeah, it was Plenty of the Elder hit in natural history, that's the word. That's the book that I'm thinking of. And I mean, even he is seen as a source for so much history, but even then he goes on some racist tangents and I don't mean that, and like what we think of is racist about sub Saharan Africa and about certain places like in Indian and things. It's it's it's bad. He compares them to literal animals, and that was seen as like the historical figure for the first century a d for the Roman Empire.
Speaker 7: So I know the Romans saw the Germanic people as savages.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, to be fair, Rome had some asseembilance of civilization. Then you had the the Gauls, who were scalping dudes, even though the Romans did some very heinous shit as well. But yeah, if you're looking at the the way that they would fight like, they would go into battle naked half the time, and the Romans were wearing like iron armors, so like to them, they'd see this as a barbarian horde. In reality, it was like a test of their manhood that they didn't even need armor because they were so bad ass. And there's cultural interpretations, I think is what we can take on this one.
Speaker 7: You would think that Romans, since they were a quote unquote global fucking empower, which for the record, they were. Oh, you would think that they'd actually evolve past the failings after fighting so long against motherfuckers, were aos that actually figure out how to counteract them.
Speaker 1: Oh, they did. But the Romans, that was their biggest attribute. They that's when they formed up the turtle rather than the Phalanx. Right in the earlier days of the Roman Empire, they fought with the Philings, but then when trajectory weapons aka arrows became more prevalent, that's when they formed up into the turtle into the manner pull battle formations.
Speaker 7: Which is really good because I actually used that one time doing ah. I used to live actionable play. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I liked were you were you a part of s c A.
Speaker 7: I don't know what that one is, but I uh know, so I had the guys throw shields up and everything, and we actually took it.
Speaker 9: But I was talking about more of like the.
Speaker 7: The horseback Archers. Yeah, because I'm I know, I learned a lot through like YouTube and everything. I really love unhinged history. History unhinged they were talking about like how they the Romans were like when they went up against the Mongols. I want to say, like the horse archeries. They had a hard time.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, no, no, that's correct. So that was all right. So We're getting way off into the history conversation here, but I'm good with it. I do love history. So the Mongols and the Huns in general, the Golden Horde, their biggest attribute was that they were excellent horsemen. And the problem is that even yes, with all the armor and all of the the formations and all of this, no one on earth really had a strong defense against horse archers like this. Everybody was more into the line versus line formation. Yeah you had some calvary units, absolutely, but usually those cavalry units were using lances and axes and swords and things like this, more handheld weapons. And being on a horse, yeah, you could charge through a formation, break up a battle line, whatever the case. And it was basically seen as far as battlefield tactics go, that one dude on a horse was essentially worth ten guys on the ground. As far as lethality on the battlefield. Cut to the horse archers that were able to basically run laps and just fire constant arrows at the front line. Eventually you're gonna find a gap in the armor. And as somebody who fights in armor, I promise you there is no way that you can have completely gapless armor. So eventually arrows are gonna find their gaps, and eventually the lines are gonna fall. And if you've got dudes on horses that are not gonna get tired, especially with the Mongols because they were using shortened arrows. Right, the long bow was seen as the ship for the longest time. The Mongol shortened bow was something that you couldn't nobody could really fight against it, and they pretty much ran the reins on them figuratively speaking and literally on that kind of technology for centuries.
Speaker 7: What you also gotta take in mine. I can't remember what general he told them, Just hold up your shield will outlast their arrows.
Speaker 1: That's the.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're gonna have We're gonna have guys bring us small arrows. They holded arrows. They had a steady fucking line and when the first body got done, those guys would run back. The other guys would do it, and they were just encircling it, which I find just fan fucking tasting, dude.
Speaker 1: That's essentially what happened. Every time that the.
Speaker 9: Scourge he put a switch onto both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but every time the quote unquote scorged from the East a Ka, the Huns made their way across the Eurasian step. The only reason that they stopped was because in fighting happened and whatever warlord was leading the charge now wanting to make it back to the base that he can make his claim for the for the what's the term khan the khan.
Speaker 7: Yes, because you had Genghis Khan, which is actually which is nots but if you're gonna do it, it's Gengus, then you also had which he he was a master of politician too, because uh, if he would give his wives to like his daughters to be wives.
Speaker 9: He had stuff with who the whoever he gives his.
Speaker 7: Daughter to, they had to divorce their wife and there and when he died, their wives took over. So that's how he built his dynasty and everything there. And also the Chinese, as I say Chinese, it wasn't just them, but the how helms worked in China versus the Middle East is completely different. In China, it's all political. In the Middle East it was all sexual. And when the also to one up when the new cafiat would rise up, part of that it was to one up the old man.
Speaker 9: He had to beat his father's concubines.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was a thing also, yeah, yeah, no, no, I hear you. But so the Romans met their demise also because they got too big and they couldn't cover all their bases that way. I actually just watched this. Uh. I forget what the name of the Persian ruler was, but essentially there's only one Roman emperor to ever get captured in battle, and that was Valerian. Okay, and you know what happened when he was captured by this Persian ruler. He and his two legions were the ones that were capturing with that weren't killed, were brought back and they founded two cities and they were put to use. Because keep in mind, all Roman soldiers were also engineers, right, they were told to build a city and then build a miniature city right next to it, and because they only know one style of architecture, they built these cities to be Roman essentially. And once it was all said and done, the Persian leader said, okay, cool, you and your boys get to live here now. He also had them build a palace in this city, and he told Valaria, and you'll live in this palace now, right, and your boys can live in the city. He's like, what are we supposed to do? He's like, you built bakeries, you built blacksmithing shops, all this. Take up a profession, live your life here. Now, you're you're cool. Take Persian wives. The whole nine. He's like, okay, He's like, you can never leave, just so you know you are still prisoners, but feel free to live your Roman life here. Now, here's what he did. He built because it was there was hills that overlooked this Roman city. He built trails going around the Roman city, and he turned the two captured Roman legions, including the Roman Emperor, into a tourist attraction, so where all these Persians could could now come and see a Roman city with a Roman emperor and pay a fucking entrance fee to come see it for themselves.
Speaker 9: So they were essentially the first open aired prison.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 1: No, they were a human zoo. They were an attraction.
Speaker 9: Technically, we still have a human zoo. U.
Speaker 7: Technically, the North Centinal Island is technically a human zoo because you can't have anything go over there.
Speaker 1: Oh we can't go there and observe him. Though we can't. We can't pay an emission fee to go see him. The Persians were paying an emission fee to come. Oh look that's the Roman emperor. And it wasn't like a mock Roman emperor, it was Valerian himself.
Speaker 7: Uh. The blanc Zoo was technically a human zoo here in America. For they had a pigmies like human pigmies in exhibits they did. And they also p t. Bonham was a fleet show. You could also say that was a human zooono type because you had to pay a mission. You had the bearded ladies, you had the guy that the penguin Danny DeVito's Penguins mode after with the posterns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was a genetic trait. His dad had it and then his son was born with it too. It was a It was a mess.
Speaker 7: He also he died alone. He was an alcoholic, He beat the shit out of his wife and everything.
Speaker 9: So fuck him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I've seen the I've seen the documentary on him as well. But all right, all right, So now we have had a good little tangent about history and things. Tony, you're still I mute. If you want to weigh in on any more, please do so, sir.
Speaker 10: Well, I was trying to find out what the flag of Hamas actually says, because I don't read any Arabic, but one result says it has something called the Shahada, which says there is no God but God. Muhammad is the messenger of God. I see additional text on it, and I don't know how to translate it. I'm just curious to see if it says death to America or anything like that, but I kind of doubt it.
Speaker 1: No, I doubt'll say that on its flag. But I could see that being like a part of their mission statement. I could because America being such staunch supporters of the Israeli state, which they are again, so I could see that too.
Speaker 7: But it's not on Hamas. I believe it's on the hes blah. And the reason why is because Instagram. Yeah, but it was on that it was showing them and everything. And I took a snapchot and I used the AI on my phone to scan it and it and translated and it does say death issue and death to America.
Speaker 1: And keep in mind Hesbala and Hamas are two completely different organizations.
Speaker 7: I understand that.
Speaker 1: Like it's like saying the Bloods and the Crips, they might do similar ship, but they're completely different organizations.
Speaker 7: But they were created to be partners in the beginning. What set them off was a female.
Speaker 10: Of course, But that's interesting.
Speaker 7: What is still wings of the ship?
Speaker 1: Penny? What's interesting, Tommy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, found I just googled the Hesbala flag words and it says the top line says Coronic verse five fifty six, which says, surely the party of God are they that shall be triumphant? And the bottom line reads the Islamic Resistance in Lebanon. So I don't know. Yeah, I wish I could read Arabic, but it seems pretty hard.
Speaker 1: From what I could tell. If you're looking at the THEMS versus THEMS, as far as the Middle East conflict, it's concerned. And I'm quoting Anger Cops here. It's the squiggle people versus the geometry people. And I think it can all be tied down to that. And by that, I mean look at their flags. One group loves squiggle lines on their flag and they call that some sort of language, and the other side likes straight lines and geometric patterns on their flags. It's the squiggles versus the geometry people. And if you want to take it even further than that, the six pointed star also has precedents in the Vedic traditions, and the Hindus and the Muslims are not friends with each other. So once again, it's the squiggle people versus the geometry people, That's all I can figure here. But anyway, anyway, all right, let's let's go ahead, Royce, please, resident getrude.
Speaker 5: Actually, what I was gonna say is, as far as the calligraphy Arabic is very very beautiful, oh yeah, just in and of itself.
Speaker 1: No, I can agree with that for sure. It's it's just a joke. Just so we're all clear.
Speaker 8: I'm right there with you.
Speaker 5: So anyway, a good things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no doubt, no doubt. All right, all right, now that we have discussed foreign affairs to a very very deep degree, let's get back into the current events of the day. This is from Breaking Defense Lockheed, Uh, this is from them, Lockheed Martin. Pentagon finalizes the deal for two hundred and ninety six f thirty fives. And I'm gonna be honest, I don't know why that was the number. Why didn't they round it up three hundred? I wish I had an answer for anybody. Two ninety six is the number they agreed upon. And the number they agreed upon was two ninety six, not two ninety five, not three hundred. It was that that was a very specific part of the deal. Don't know why. And For the record, these are not for sale for other countries. This is for America. I don't understand, but here it is. The twenty four point three billion dollar deal covers one hundred and forty eight aircraft each in production lots eighteen and nineteen. Closing out negotiations that have stretched since twenty twenty three, the Pentagon's Joint Program Office and manufacturer Lockey Martin have finalized a deal for roughly twenty four point three billion dollars that covers nearly three hundred nearly three hundred, but two ninety six again F thirty five stealth fighters and two parties. Announced Monday evening. The agreement provides for one hundred and forty eight airframes each in production Lats eighteen nineteen, according to the Pentagon contract announcement, concluding negotiations again that stretched for roughly two years. The deal includes jets for the US government as well as foreign buyers, and deliveries are expected to begin twenty twenty six. But the US government's one that mandated the two ninety six number. Again I don't know why. The F thirty five Lot eighteen nineteen contract represents continued confidence in the most affordable and capable fighter aircraft in production today. Chauncey Macintosh, who is the Lackey Vice President and general manager of the F thirty five program, said in a press release, we are proud to support our customers and further solid solidify the F thirty five's role in enabling peace through strength. A spokesperson for the F thirty five JPO did not immediately have a breakdown available of the cost per aircraft of the trivarian Stealth Fighter. Comment from the Marine Corps Lieutenant General Greg mss Sale Massalio miss Cilo, miss Cilo whatever, who recently took the reins after the JPO, was also not available. The finalized F thirty five contract follows an unde undefinitized Jesus Contract Action or UCA, awarded to Lockheed in December to kickstart production for Lot eighteen. The agreement, announced Monday evening, covers just the airframes of the Stealth Fighter, whose engines are produced by RTX, which formerly rate theon subsidiary Pratt and Whitney. The engines are awarded separately by the JPO as government furnished equipment, which are in turn provided to Lockheed. The Pentagon awarded Pratt a nearly two point nine billion dollar UCA in August to begin production on Lot eighteen engines, and after this report was published, a JPO spokesperson told Breaking Defense that the Pentagon plans to define a tize or definitize okay, Lot eighteen and award the Lot nineteen contract for engines in the spring twenty twenty six. Once the Lot eighteen engine UCA is finalized or definatized, they keep you god a flyaway cost for the aircraft and approximate an approximation of price tag for a plane that's sitting on a runway ready to go. Should become clear, the average flyaway cost for an F thirty five A across Lots fifteen, sixteen, and seventeen is eighty two point five million. In a press release announced on the Lot eighteen and nineteen deal, Lockheed said the increase in price per jet in Lot eighteen and nineteen from previous years was less than the rate of inflation. Okay, I guess that's something to be said, So it should be somewhere around. I'm hoping eighty five mil per plane, give or take, but I guess we shall see. But anyway, just wanted to bring that up. Apparently the military industrial complex is booming and thriving, So anybody around the world be on the lookout for new F thirty fives to be bought by your nation's military. I know Poland is a decided to get their hands on some. All right, moving more towards American things going on, We're not gonna spend a lot of time on this. I don't know how many people actually watch the WNBA. I'm gonna be honest. I have tried really hard to make it through a game and I just can't. Right, hold on, Sam, I know you have your hand raise for everything I say, Just hold on, brother. I don't know who's actually watching the WNBA like this, but apparently the chief, Kathyl Engelbert, she made a comment about Caitlin Clark and how she should be grateful for the money that she is making with the WNBA. The WNBA players are saying that they're not making enough. That's a that's a theme that we have heard for years and years and years. Unfortunately, they're only gonna get paid based off of how entertaining their sport is to watch, because advertisers are not going to pay more money. You're not gonna get sponsorships deals if your sport is boring as hell. What I mean by that is the US curling team only makes its way or even is known about, during the Olympics. They train every year, I'm sure of it. Why don't they have crazy sponsorship deals because no one's watching curling except for when it happens to be on when the Winter Olympics are running. That's just the way this goes. So for the WNBA players to be bitching that they're not making as much money as their male counterparts, there's reasons for that, and it's not because society is so sexist. Is because one is entertaining to watch and one is seen as more of a novelty for a lot of people. That being said, the chief of the WNBA had made some comments that she then had to go back on later on. Got a quick clip that's attached to the article, and it will do a decent job of breaking this down because apparentlyn Fisa Collier has made some claims that the chief had to make a claim about. In response, let's listen in.
Speaker 18: In a scathing exit interview mifi's the Collier claimed that WNBA Commissioner Kathy Engilbert told her.
Speaker 19: I also asked how she plan to fix the fact that players like Caitlin Angel and Page, who are clearly driving massive revenue for the league, are making so little for their first four years. Her response was, Caitlyn should be grateful she makes sixty million off the court, because without the platform that the WBA gives her, she wouldn't make anything.
Speaker 18: Collier added, Engilbert even said.
Speaker 19: And in that same conversation, she told me players should be on their knees thanking their lucky stars for the media rite seal that I got them.
Speaker 18: The remarks set off backlash, as fans pointed out Caitlin Clark already had endorsements before joining the league. The interview spread quickly. NBA Today's Malika Andrews said it was worth listening to every word, while Pacers starred Therese Halliburton reacted with just one word, Hugh. The WNBA later responded, calling Collier's characterization disheart.
Speaker 1: Okay, disheartening, that's fair enough, all right, but uh anyway, so yeah, that is a statement that was made and Ingelbert, I remember I saw a clip of her speaking to some sort of a talking head about situations and things. She basically made the claim that Caitlyn Clark is making around five hundred K a year, which I don't know how she thinks that she knows what is going on unless she's pocket watching, which.
Speaker 16: She may be.
Speaker 1: She may very well be. But if you're the chief of an entire league, perhaps you shouldn't be worried about what your players are making off the court. Keep in mind, Kaitlyn Clark had a lot of endorsement deals before she left college. So yeah, anyway, for anybody who cares, the WNBA is in some sort of a turmoil right now because of some of the things that have been going on with money. And again, if the sport was more entertained to watch, the players will be making insane amounts anyway, and it wouldn't even be worth talking about. But anyway, go ahead, Sam, Yeah.
Speaker 8: I was just gonna make a joke.
Speaker 7: But isn't this also where they played basketball and the dildo range? It is?
Speaker 1: Indeed, it is, indeed, sir, Which that's so.
Speaker 7: I think it'd be a lot funnier if they're playing basketball but also like that and dodgeball at the same time, but instead of it being dodgeballs, like you can have the basketball, right, but you have two defenders and instead of them trying to like tackle whatever they do to like block, they can hit them with the dodgeball. But instead of being a dodgeball, it can be a big purple going the dark deal though, And that would make this, that would make the game a whole lot more interesting, And that would be like, hey, this is different from the men's side, and it would make it more interesting to see, Hey, what I wonder which one is gonna get hit hit and if and hey two points if it's a head shot, three points, if it it hits him in the titty. It'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, But aside from trying to overly sexualize the sport or female athletes, right, same with softball. Why don't they have a professional softball league? Because there's hardly, ever, ever, ever a home run hit in softball? Why don't people want to watch the WNBA because nobody wants to watch a game of nothing but layups. I'm sorry, that's just it's not worth it's not entertaining to watch that.
Speaker 8: Are they not dunk?
Speaker 1: There was? I think Lisa Leslie kind of was somebody who could dunk in the WNBA but that's a rarity for a woman to be able to jump that high.
Speaker 8: Isn't she the one that got caught smuggling a dad pin into.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, Lisa Leslie was big in the nineties, dude, No, no, no, you're thinking of old Britney Griner.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but we left in the United States minion to get home.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know that's a whole mess in and of itself. But anyway, like I said, didn't want to spend too much time on THENBA debacle, but I thought it was worth mentioning because it is something that is considered news to some people. So there we have it. Moving on here, Komy, we talked about him.
Speaker 17: He is.
Speaker 1: They were trying to figure out they could get him indicted, or if the statute of limitations was about to run out or what well statute limitations. They got it in time, and now he has pled not guilty as lawyer's signal intent to argue Trump's faue case is politically motivated. This is a quick clip from a local news Let's listen in.
Speaker 20: Former FBI director James Comy appeared in federal court today to fight criminal charges brought by the Trump administration. Comy has charged with one count of obstruction of a congressional proceeding and one count of making false statements related to five year old Senate testimony during which he denied authorizing leaks to the media. Komy, who has ousted during the first Trump administration, has often clashed with the President, prompting critics to call it political retribution. Comy's attorney says he will file three motions in voting vindictive and unlawful prosecution.
Speaker 21: Essentially, he's going to argue, among other things, in his first motions that this is a vindictive prosecution, and unlike most other cases, he has.
Speaker 1: Quite a load of evidence to bring.
Speaker 22: To the court.
Speaker 20: Leading the case against Komy, President Trump's former personal attorney Lindsay Halligan, who was appointed as the interim US Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia after her predecessor was forced out by the White House.
Speaker 1: All right, now, we will see what comes out of this whole James Comy indictment situation. I if he is guilty, I hope that they find the truth out. But again we'll get to all of that in due time. Continuing on with legal issues, let's jump over here, Jack smith investigation into January six obtained phone records of GOP lawmaker's. Republicans say this is CNM. Senate Republicans announced on Monday that the Monday, the FBI, as part of a Special Council Jack Smith's January sixth investigations, used court orders in twenty twenty three to obtain the phone records of nine GOP lawmakers and move senators. Called political and weaponization, it's unclear what exactly investigators are seeking to determine by pulling the records, and there's no indication that these senators were targets of Smith's investigation, so they're not targets, but it's worth mentioning, I guess as they're trying to throw Republicans under the bus as much as they can. But here we go. Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley released the FBI record at a news conference Monday, where Republicans emphasize that the phone records were obtained through a grand jury, a lawful process for federal investigators to obtain such documents. The phone records of some lawmakers were seized in the probe has long been known since the Justice Department fought a legal battle over the limits of constitutions speech or debate clause in order to add access lawmakers communications. This is a direct quote here from Grassley. There's no predicate that we can find for the solicitation of these telephone records, which I think emphasizes the political weaponization that was behind all this effort. And we're still getting more information. The lawmakers said that FBI Director Cash Bettel turned over information on the subpoenas which sought the toll records, which show the phone numbers called in time and duration of calls, but not content. Pattel, in a post on X say, we recently uncovered proof that the phone records of US lawmakers receives for political purposes. That abuse of power ends. Now, Yeah, he's really trying anything to seem like he's some sort of a guy in charge. It's silly. The lawmakers were Senator Lindsey Graham, Bill Haggerty, Josh Hawley, Dan Sullivan, Tommy Tubberville, Ron Johnson, Cynthia Loomis, and Marsha Blackburn, as well as Representative Mike Kelly. Now that's the end of the CNN article. There's another article here from Wyoming Public Media and it basically gives a breakdown the exact same thing. But I did want to give this list just for those that don't know who these people are. Loomis, who we talked about a moment ago, and she is She is a Senator from Wyoming. But continuing here, Lindsey Graham, who's a Republican from South Carolina. He's a senator. Representative Mike Kelly, Republican from Pennsylvania. Senator Bill Haggerty who is a Republican from Tennessee, Senator Josh Howley who is a Republican from Missouri, Senator Dan Sullivan, a Republican from Arkansas, Senator Tommy Tupperville who's a Republican from Alabama, and Senator Ron Johnson who is a Republican from Wisconsin. And Senator Marsha Blackburn, a Republican from ten A se So anyway, I didn't want to give that distinction and give these people at least their proper des a nation of what state they represent. But nine Republican lawmakers have been apparently had their phone records shown in this investigation, which we'll see what comes of that. Honestly, the whole, the whole thing about the January sixth, quote unquote riot, the January sixth insurrection, or whatever you want to say that the liberal media is saying that that was the peaceful protest where they stormed the capitol. In reality, they were let in, again confirmed by multiple sources that are not Republican or Democrat, just eyewitnesses. Yeah, that was That was a whole lot of people trying to turn this into something to make it look like the riots that were happening all over the country. Right, this is this is all a part of See the Republicans riot it too. It's not just Democrat it's but let's look at the the actual weight behind them, right, Let's look at the the fallout of the Portland riots and the shit Cargo riots and all these other places LA, and then let's look at jan six One of these had or a bunch of these had cop cars being torched, buildings being looted and broken into, violencing occurred, And the other one had no barely barely any damage done to any private or public property. And one person was killed, and that was a horrible tragedy, and it wasn't in the same way that the violence was done on these other sides. So I feel like trying to call the Jan six a riot slash insurrection. Uh is that's just liberal media trying to turn a mole in a mole hill into a mountain. But anyway, moving on, let's talk more about the government and Washington DC. I don't know how many people are paying attention, but the government is currently a shutdown, and I honestly think at this point we could start making that a federal holiday, the annual government shut down. Here we go and they only have one month to get it together, and maybe they will, maybe they won't. There's a couple of different things behind what has caused this one, and you know what, let's just play this year. Marjorie Taylor Green gives her two cents about what is going on with the government shut down. We shall see. This is from NBC News.
Speaker 23: My own family suffers from this situation, my friends, and my neighbors.
Speaker 13: For Georgia Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Green, the conflict behind the government shutdown is personal. Typically a MAGA loyalist, she's broken with the GOP over concerns that her children's healthcare premiums will double next year.
Speaker 23: Two out of the three have aged out of being on my insurance, and so you're seeing me being a mom who's frankly really pissed off at a lot of the failures that I think come from decades of both parties.
Speaker 13: She's getting at the core point. Democrats have been making ACA marketplace subsidies expire at the end of the year. Krats want to negotiate extensions before they'll vote to reopen the government. As many as twenty two million Americans could see their premiums spike by an average one hundred and fourteen percent without an extension of the subsidies put in place during the Biden administration. If they expire at the end of the year, what happens to your health insurance premiums?
Speaker 21: They will double.
Speaker 13: It looks like Leanne Safford and her husband now pay two hundred seventy eight dollars a month for their healthcare premiums through the Affordable Care Act marketplace. Their plight common. According to one analysis, for an individual making thirty five thousand dollars a year, the annual premium would jump by more than fifteen hundred dollars. A family of four making seventy five thousand, their increase would be more than thirty three hundred. What kind of ripple effect is that going to have in your life?
Speaker 21: We would need to budget for those changes.
Speaker 7: We would need to scale back.
Speaker 18: Our child is thirteen, so you know, we may need to reassess when braces might.
Speaker 13: Be happening for LeAnn and millions of others. Sticker shock is now setting in as note come out this month outlining what next year's premiums will be. Christine Romans, NBC News, New York.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's continue talking about this this shutdown that's going on here, because not only is this a portion of it, but congress erupts over Trump's shutdown back pay threat. Yes, this is correct. He is basically saying that he the article is not pulling up. It pulled up on my phone, but of course it is not going to pull up on my computer because that would be crazy. Essentially, Trump is saying that he is not going to back pay the quote unquote furloughed politicians who are not showing up to work to solve the problem, which people have opinions on. Some people say that's a great thing, some people say this is tyrannical. I got a quick little video that's going to talk about it more. Trump administration threatens no back pay for federal workers in shutdown.
Speaker 24: This is from ABC, but hand is the Government Fair Treatment Diact of twenty nineineteen. It was signed into law after a thirty five day long shutdown during President Donald Trump's first term. The law guarantees federal workers will get back pay after a shutdown, but in a draft memo reported on by Axios, the White House suggests a different interpretation, stating furloughed workers will receive back pay quote subject to the enactment of appropriations Acts ending the lapse.
Speaker 21: They do have a sort of novel interpretation of it, but there's plenty of stuff in the record, you know, from way back from twenty nineteen when the law was passed, that that indicates this was intended to be sort of a permanent fixture of things.
Speaker 24: Tim Cox, a furloughed employee, believes this is just rhetoric and he'll ultimately get paid.
Speaker 22: It's not something I'm worried about, but I know that there's a lot of a sentiment behind people aren't who aren't working getting paid. At the same time, this kind of stuff is way beyond our control.
Speaker 24: Omar al jazeeras vice president of AFGE Local twenty three ninety one and a furloughed employee with a Department of Labor sees it has another attack on federal workers.
Speaker 16: This is part of a larger pattern of bullying and harassment against the federal workforce workers who serve their country, where professionalism are being treated as political enemies yet again and the constant attacks threat to withhold pay.
Speaker 24: On Wednesday, the IRS issued new guidance citing the twenty nineteen law that directly contradicts the White House draft memo.
Speaker 21: It said very clearly that furloughed employees will be paid when the shutdown ends, so given back pay. So it's diametrically opposed. And what it says to me is and this is a broader issue. I think there's been a little bit of tension within the Trump administration over this.
Speaker 24: According to the Congressional Research Service, there are just over thirty four thousand federal employees in Arizona. Been Brown, ABC fifteen Arizona.
Speaker 1: All right, so that's from an Arizona news source. But so some people are saying that, okay, this might be what is needed, right to keep these politicians from deciding they're not gonna show up to work anymore and preventing a government shut down from happening. They don't need to see a government shut down as a possibility. If they know that they won't get paid and no government employees will get paid, perhaps they'll just do their job and figure it out. I'm not saying that I believe this. I am saying that there is a side that is saying that this is what Trump is trying to do. There's another side that is saying that this is him continuing to overreach and all these other things. I don't know, Sam, what is your thoughts.
Speaker 7: I believe that the government shut down as a joke in the sorry own having a bit of trouble with my assidy flux.
Speaker 8: I think it's a bit of a joke because it's just go up posturing.
Speaker 7: And the fact of the matter is, I've looked into what positive the Democrats want to continue saying three million dollars to uh. I want to say it's Zimbabwe for vasectomy and a circumcision.
Speaker 8: That's a part of it. But I don't.
Speaker 7: Did you hear about Ted Cruz what he said over the last week. I have, Yeah, he was like, we need to stop attacking people, but he was given like things that, yeah, that would make sense. Then he said, and I think we can all agree we need to stop attacking pedophiles. And I'm like, no, that honestly, that's what we should attack more of, really, Ted Cruz, And yeah, look what I saw for him was JD.
Speaker 8: Delay. I watched a lot of JD.
Speaker 1: Delay.
Speaker 17: I love.
Speaker 7: You. I'm actually gonna try and see if I can get him on on the Web of Mysteries.
Speaker 1: Good luck. He is a very in demand, uh social figure, So I mean, I hope you can get him.
Speaker 8: I because I would like to learn. I'd like to have him on. He's a really cool guy.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I know, Ted Cruz Junior said stop tacking pedophiles.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, he legitimately said this. Okay, let's.
Speaker 7: He also said he wanted to get in touch with the younger kids, so he got Backstreet Boys tattooed on his back. I'm like, I am twenty seven, not twenty seven. I am twenty six by to be twenty seven in June. The Backstreets boys will popping When I was born, dog, No young kid's gonna really listen to him. They might, but that that and you're saying you want to get in touch with the younger kids, and you just said stop attacking pedophiles.
Speaker 8: My boy, that's some bad pr.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's play the clip. Let's let the man speak for himself on this one. This is wild. Of course, there's gonna be an ad to play during it. There was a short that was like nineteen seconds long. This is from Forbes and it's a minute long. So I hope that we get the greater context on this one. Viral gaff ted cru says stop attacking pedophiles while discussing fighting crime. Let's listen in now.
Speaker 25: Senator Booker also said we should have bipartisan agreement. I think that's a great idea. We should have bipartisan agreement. How about we all come together and say let's stop murders. How about we all come together and say let's stop rape. How about we all come together and say let's stop attacking pedophiles. I want you to look at what happened when the National Guard went to d C. Robbery fell by fifty seven percent, homicide fell by fifty eight percent, sex abuse fell by forty percent. Those are real results, and Detective Pemberton if you would tell this committee what was the effect of the twenty twenty two Comprehensive Policing and Justice Reform Law, and what would the benefit be for the people of d C. If Congress passes my Clean DC Act.
Speaker 26: Thank you, Senator Cruisin, thank you for introducing the Clean DC Act, which repeals the Comprehensive Policing and Justice Reform Acted. Is unquestionably one of the worst pieces of legislation public safety legislation I've ever seen, and it has completely dismantled and destroyed the Metropolitan Police Department.
Speaker 1: Okay, one more time, we're gonna play his direct quote, because he sure just just went on through that and talked about federal troops and how the crime went down. But uh, okay, let's once again now.
Speaker 25: Senator Booker also said we should have bipartisan agreement. I think that's a great idea. We should have bipartisan agreement. How about we all come together and say let's stop murders. How about we all come together and say let's stop rape. How about we all come together and say let's stop attacking pedophiles. I want you to look at what happened when the National Guard went.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that he meant, let's stop pedophilic attacks, because boy, that is that's not a good look at all. Wow, I'm hoping that that was a for I excuse the pun or the distasteful turn of phrase here, I'm hoping that was a slip of the tongue and not actually what he meant to say, but a Freudian slip there. That's better. That's a better use of the words. I'm hoping that that was a Freudian slip and not him actually saying that people need to leave pedophiles alone, because boy, that's not good at all.
Speaker 7: I think that we all know the cure for u pedophilia. It's called pedicinin uh, it's that nine milimeter.
Speaker 1: It does come in multiple different sizes as well. You know, I got a couple of the two two three, I got a seven six two. I got a thirty out six in my hand, like all these.
Speaker 7: Things with the cue can also be a fucking a tree in a rope that works too.
Speaker 1: So all right, expect Ted Cruz's kind of off his.
Speaker 8: Computer is his computer.
Speaker 1: Speaking of crazy people. My god, y'all, Florida man struck again, and apparently this is the guy who started the Palisades fire then tried to cover his track his tracks rather, Yes, that is correct, Florida man is the one that did this. This is from the La Times. All right, let's get into it here. Authorities have arrested a suspect in the Palisades fire after a nine month investigation into the blaze that killed twelve people. The devastating fire that destroyed thousands of homes appeared to have been rekindled of an earlier New Year's Day fire. The most destructive inferno in Los Angeles history, which charred a devastating path through the Pacific Palisades and Malibu early January, was a flare up of a fire that an uber driver had intentionally set days earlier. Federal prosecutors edged Wednesday Jonathan render rinderkneck Yeay, his last name is weird of course. He is twenty nine years old, is accused of starting the initial fire on New Year's Day that rekindled to become the Palisades Fire later. He was arrested Wednesday in Florida and charged with destruction of property by means of fire, which carries a minimum of five years in federal prison. Among the evidence collected from his digital devices was a dystopian image he generated on Chad gpt Ai makes his entrance. You know what I'm saying, depicting a burning city with people trying to flee, said Bill Asali, acting you as attorney for the Central District of California, at a news conference on Wednesday. This is the guy. This, This is the Florida man that did it. I swear the guy called nine to one one to report the fire, then offered to help firefighters battle the blaze. According to an affidavit by an agent with the Bureau with the ATF, prosecutors accused render Connect of lying about where he was when he made his first nine to one one call. We cannot undo the damage and destruction that was done. We hope this arrest and the charges against him brings some measure of justice to the victims of this horrific tragedy. Yeah, five years is really going to bring justice to it. The federal prosecution affirms a long suspected theory among fire experts, and comes after a nine month pro into the cause of the Palisades fire, which charged twenty three thousand, four hundred acres and leveled more than sixty eight hundred structures, including many homes, and of course twelve people did die in the blaze, So.
Speaker 9: That died a child, not a roth Stein, was it. It was one of the lots that died in one of the thousand, who was like a hundred something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a Rothschild that died. Now I don't know how connected to the Rothschild global banking family that person was, but yes, that is that is a true statement.
Speaker 7: I find it funny as name's lost child and if he wouldn't be one of the money gloving bastards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 7: How common is the last name lost child?
Speaker 1: I mean, I would assume not very, but I don't know that for a fact.
Speaker 9: Isn't it a very ancestuous clan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, as far as the banking clan goes, yeah, you're not allowed to marry outside of second cousins. They do that to make sure that the financial wealth of the family stays with the family, so like there's no outsiders allowed into that clique. So yeah, there's things, there's things and stuff with all of that. But anyway, I did want to bring it up as far as the Palisades fires, and we talked about it on the colts. They have a man in custody and it was, in fact, a Florida man. It's you know, Florida man be striking. Now, let's continue with some conversations about Trump and the situation is going on some big cities in America right now. I don't know which side of the aisle most people get their news from, and I'm not judging one way or another. What I am saying is that I have watched hours and hours and hours of eyewitness boots on the ground in the trenches type of reporting that has been going on in regards to Portland, in regards to Chicago, in regards to any of these big cities where they have riots and barricades around ice buildings and federal agents are being attacked, and all of these things is all going on, and people are asking why hasn't Trump invoked the Insurrection Act yet? So let's talk about it. This is from Politico. President Trump threatened to invoke the Insurrection Act if federal courts bar him from sending National Guard troops to Portland, Oregon. It's a tactic that the President has been anxious to use. But several key allies and White House officials don't think he'll need it, at least for now, they are confident that the Trump administration will prevail in court after a federal judge twice blocked the White House's efforts to send troops into Oregon because she ruled that the president's moved lacked legal basis. Again, it doesn't take you very much effort to look on YouTube and find videos of not even press release reporters affiliated with some sort of a MSM, talking about just a YouTuber who is just talking to people on the street to see what it's about, including the governor who was walking with this group. Should add that the governor of Oregon and the mayor of Portland were walking with the protests that turned into riots, and this dude was attacked, he was hit, people were getting pepper spray, people were getting arrested, all these things around him. If these were peaceful protests, why would you be taking a swing at ice agents. That's not what's happening here. So they're asking why doesn't he instill the Insurrection Act. Let's read in more here. Anyway, the administration has appealed to the ninth US Circuit Court of Appeals and would almost certainly take the case of the Supreme Court if needed. Is a direct quote here to be frank, if somebody wants twenty to one odds that this temporary restraining order would survive Supreme Court review, I'd give it to them, said Will Chamberlin, senior counsel at the Article IREI Project, a Trump aligned legal organization founded in twenty nineteen. That's how strongly I think this is doomed to be reversed. But even as the White House insists that the President is on firm legal ground, Trump has made clear he has a plan b the Insurrection Act in eighteen oh seven, law that gives the president emergency powers to deployed troops on US soil to quell what the president deems an insurrection. This is from Trump. If I had to enact it, I'd do it. If people were being killed and the courts were holding us up, or governors or mayors is holding us up, I'd use it. Trump declined to invoke the Insurrection Act earlier this year in the context of the emergency at the southern border, after Defense Secretary War Secretary Pete Hegseth and Homeland Security Secretary Christy Nome recommended against it, but in recent weeks, the White House has been increasingly building the case to use the move to blue cities, with Trump repeatedly calling rioters in Portland insurrectionists. Its invocation would fulfill a long term desire of the president. He'd views it as the epitome of presidential power and considered invoking it to quell unrest during the George Floyd protests in twenty twenty. Aid suggests it again after he lost the twenty twenty election, and he talked about it extensively during the twenty twenty four campaign, and allies discussed it in the context of the twenty twenty four election, concerned that Trump's victory would spark violent protest movements, which I mean the did we or do we not? Just see a No King's Day but anyway, which was done in response to the military parade that Trump put on for his birthday, when in reality it was the United States Armies two hundred and fiftieth birthday and that was the reason for the parade. Hell, I'm going to Philadelphia November to celebrate the Marine Corps two hundred and fiftieth birthday. It had nothing to do with Trump having an ego trip. It was weird timing that his birthday and the Army's birthday happened to be aligned in such a way, but that wasn't by design, but you know whatever, it would mark major intensification in the president's crackdown on crime, immigration, and riots, making his promises to use the military for domestic law enforcement on the campaign trail a reality. So just so we're clear here, I'm not going to read the whole article. There has been other times throughout the US history where a president has invoked the Insurrection Act to further their means. Famously, Dwight D. Eisenhower famously JFK JFK. As a matter of fact, when they were trying to integrate the school system, the National Guard troops that were deployed to make sure that the little black children were able to go to school without being attacked by white parents, those National Guard troops were deployed under the Insurrection Act. Just so we're clear, this is not like he's just doing this as as an ego trip and he's way too powerful. No, No, there is real problems that are going on in major US cities right now to stop ICE agents from detaining illegal immigrants, which is something that we have talked about on mass People that think that borders are suggestions and not real things have no idea how history works. That's never how any group of people throughout the course of human history have ever seen things. Including the Native Americans. They understood lines, they understood hunting grounds, and if this tribe was in their hunting grounds, they would go to actual war over that. Lines and divisions and barriers and borders have always been a thing since the ancient times. So to say that America's border is unlawful and there's no such thing as illegal persons, that's just ridiculous historically speaking and in our modern day speaking. So I, for one, kind of hope that he does use the Insurrection Act to get these troops where they are needed, because Chicago has kicked off right now and they have deployed National Guard troops and Marines. If I'm not mistaken, I see Portland is needing the exact same treatment, as well as multiple major cities across the country right now. Sam with your thoughts.
Speaker 7: Okay, so two things. So again, the governor newsom or is it news to come? I don't know how to pronounce the bitch's name. But anyway, uh dude lud tried to signing a bill in that pro that prohibits federal agents.
Speaker 9: Ic DA and every and everything from wearing a face mask.
Speaker 7: Well even though that it's it's known that uh Antifa has been docsing a ICE agents and there's even people saying, don't just kill the ICE agents, kill their families. So that is legitimate terroristic. That is terrorists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's because.
Speaker 7: They're using violence to to uh persuade a political uh statement, which is a textbook definition. Also, the second thing in Portland there was there was a journalist who got attacked and the cops who showed up and everything arrested him, didn't even arrest the Antifa member that attacked him and everything. Uh, So Portland is getting fucked, which they need to fucked him in the ass because the guy that got detained everything, he made a call to uh the uh general Attorney, uh the the like top lawyer of the fucking nation. I can't remember her name, which then she called and she gave it like anyway that the the yeah he called Pambondi. Yeah, so that entire police station is under investigation. Also, I was listening to the police calls of Portland, there was actual uh uh. Dispatchers were telling cops who stand down, do not intervene, slap ship play out, do not help the ICE agents that are being barricaded in and are being attacked, don't help them.
Speaker 9: So at that point in time, that's committing treason.
Speaker 7: And every police officer and uh active military uh personnel, they all make they they make an oath to the constitution. UH for the military, it's both for an and domestic for the police. That it's just domestic. I have I have an uncle who's a sheriff, and I have my best friend. His dad is with tired knine. Uh. He was a major. But I know how, I know how clew up police stations are from within.
Speaker 1: Sure, I've seen it.
Speaker 7: It's just kind of pissing me off out there that it's so deep rooted that even that there's even like people that took an oath, and that oath doesn't mean shit to them.
Speaker 9: Man is only as good as his word, and if his ward isn't good, neither is he. No.
Speaker 1: I can agree with that one hundred percent. And to that point, there are multiple cases of Antifa members dosing these agents and attacking their families. Like, that's not a hypothetical, that's not just something you've seen on the airnet for clickbait. That is really happening in multiple places. So, and Antifa is a designated terrorist group, right, And it's not just because they are aligned with the opposition of the current administration. It's like you said, they are trying to invoke violence to further their political goals. That is textbook definition of what a terrorist is.
Speaker 7: So I've mentioned it before. Hassan says. He put out a thing a couple of days ago, said that hey, y'all should which was him just re uploading a sound clip of him saying that what America needs and this is his quotes, not mine, because that what they need to do is bring an IRA style sale here. And I'm not yet the right pull call bombings and shit.
Speaker 1: So the IRA work or Catholic Catholic So, Hassan Piker, he shows his ideocracy every time he opens his mouth.
Speaker 9: He's a product of vicesse just like his uncle Chank.
Speaker 1: Very true, very true.
Speaker 7: And dude doesn't even consider himself American. He like he posted with him with an Otoman sword, said it's a great thing to be an Ottoman, which he counts itself as one of them. Like if you hate America, why are you here? And it's funny how you say you're a communist and everything, but you ask at the Gucci bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he should really just move to Turkey, where his ancestors are from.
Speaker 7: I have no problem with that, but you know, I think he should get tossed in a laugh and get shipped off with nothing but the clothes on his back back to Turkey.
Speaker 1: Very true. All right, now, I did want to play this clip from CBS Chicago. Five hundred members of Texas and Illinois National Guard have been deployed to Chicago. This is from six hours ago as of time recording. Let's watch.
Speaker 23: Hundreds of troops from the Texas and Illinois National Guard are now positioned to deploy across the Chicago area.
Speaker 1: When will we see them on the street.
Speaker 10: That's a question that could be decided by a judge tomorrow.
Speaker 20: Are Sarah Makia is live in Elwood, where some Guard members arrived yesterday.
Speaker 10: Any movement today, Sarah.
Speaker 27: Well, guys, we do have just a handful of protesters out here right now, but we have seen very little movement otherwise, and that might be because leaders are waiting to see what we hear from the court. We have seen mostly supplies going in, very few if any people coming out, But we do have some new numbers. We now know that there are two hundred troops here from Texas, another three hundred for the state of Illinois, and they are told that they will at least be spending sixty days on this deployment. Our cameras were rolling as crews put up privacy screens along the interier of the existing fence line at the Army Reserve training facility southwest of Chicago. One of the few signs of the National Guard members now staging inside while they wait to hear from a federal judge. The city, county and state of Illinois trying to block their deployment.
Speaker 28: It details why this is a motion for temporary restraining orders should be granted as a practical matter, because it talks about the problems that things are being caused by witnesses not coming to court, defendants not showing up for court dates, domestic violence victims being scared to go to court.
Speaker 27: Our legal analyst RV. Miller says it is likely the troops have not been stationed around Chicago yet while they wait on the judge's decision.
Speaker 29: Absolutely, I mean, the judge didn't explicitly state that they couldn't come into the city, but I think if you read between the lines as to what she was saying, that it probably would be a good idea if everybody waited till she made the decision on Thursday to decide what they're going to actually do.
Speaker 27: Miller tells US any decision will likely be appealed to a higher court, though, President Trump suggesting, regardless of the decision, he may send in the troops invoking the Insurrection Act, sending them to guard federal properties, some of which have been the sites of recent protests.
Speaker 30: President Trump invoking the Insurrection Act would be terrible. It would be illegal and unconstitutional because there is no basis in law for his invasion with these troops from Texas and to the state of Illinois. Is not making life any better for our state, and he's not making it any safer.
Speaker 27: This is the biggest group of demonstrators we have seen thus far. We have seen people on both sides of this issue come out at different points. We could expect to hear from the judge as early as tomorrow morning from Elwood c Hermachy CBS New Chicago.
Speaker 1: Okay, so, just to break this down, and we talked about this last week, the troops are going only to guard federal buildings because those federal buildings are being besieged by the ANTIFA members and protesters and things like this. Here's why that's important. Up until this point, the police have been out there to break up the protesters and the besiegers and things. That means that these are more police that are not out in the city doing their jobs that now have to be designated. Here. If you send troops to guard these buildings, now the police for that local city can go out and effectively do their jobs. You're freeing up more resources for the city so that they can handle their own internal problems. And the reason why this is needed is because there are multiple federal buildings, mostly ice detention agencies or buildings and things that have been shot up and had things thrown at them and damage done to the building itself. So to say, there's no legal precedence for this and there's no reason for this. Again, all evidence to the contrary, but yeah, this is the status of America. Right now. We have a government shut down, we have insurrections going on in certain cities, and no matter which way you go, the president tries to make something happen, and the leader of that area, especially if they're a part of the opposition, says, no way, man, not up in here. Meanwhile, if it's a state like Louisiana, where he talked about sending troops to New Orleans, the Louisiana governor was like, please come on in. We could use all the help we need. They are over politicizing something that should be right off the scene as a net positive. But of course this is what you can expect from these groups of people anyway. All right, so before we head out, I do want to check out the chat and see what else has been said in here. Do Let's see Germany. Uh oh, the Prime Minister of Germany is talking about bringing back the draft. Unfortunately I got it in German, but I can translate just like twenty or thirties. So okay, all right, So Tony, do you want me to pull this one up? We could talk about it. You're muted still, brother.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, let's play it. It'll be pretty quick, all right.
Speaker 1: This is an ex post. As a matter of fact, let me pull it up. Oh hold on, let me pause it and share the screen with the class once again. For anybody who would like to see what we are talking about or join in the conversation. Every Wednesday at nine pm Central, come check out the link of the description for the Cajun Night Live on Patreon.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'll talk over him if that that's okay?
Speaker 1: Okay? Do you want me to keep it low or keep it off?
Speaker 10: Keep it low?
Speaker 1: All right? Keeping it low? All right, Let's listen to a German Asian guy that's like, that's not something you see very often. All right, let's check it out. Shut us a video again.
Speaker 10: He just says, look at this video. Meritz says, the money is not the problem. What we have is we don't have enough qualified personnel in our military. And what are we going to do about that. We need bigger reserves, and we probably can't pump up those numbers with people who just voluntarily enlist, So we just need more people. And the Asian guy says, let me translate this for you. He says, we have plenty of money from Black Rock, we have weapons from the USA. We just need one more thing. We need your kids. And that's about all I wanted to show you. So Meritz is part of the Conservative coalition, he's a prime minister, he wants and Germany's had a draft law on the books forever, but they have not invoked it to my knowledge, since World War Two. And anyway, the SPD Social Democrats, they're the main liberal party. They're also in favor of drafting people and it's basically for Ukraine. The AfD is now the biggest party. They are okay with the idea of a draft and principle, but they say zero German forces abroad, nobody for Ukraine, and I think that's the way to go. They seem to be the most popular right now.
Speaker 1: They're the Germany first party, if I'm not mistaken, right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, AfD they're kind of like MEGA. It stands for Altera Natifa fjer Deutschland, their right wing. They're actually most popular in the East. Yeah, formerly East Germany, Russia alligned Warsaw pack.
Speaker 1: Part interesting, although I have to disagree with what the Asian guy was saying. We have funding from black Rock. Okay, fine, so does everybody. We have weapons from the US. Germany has been developing their own weapons for quite some time. Their new line of tanks that they have come out with are solid Heckler and cocker. H and K make the weapons that go into the German military. That's a German weapons manufacturer. That's not American weapons. If you're gonna say, like hi, Mars and things like that, fine, sure they're buying some missiles from America. I'm not gonna negate that. But Germany is very capable of arming their own military without the help of the United States and him saying all we need is your children, You mean all that Germany needs is German people to defend Germany. That's I know that might sound mind blowing, but like that's like saying all America needs is American people to defend America and not go to foreign wars. Okay, I can at least get behind that. If you're talking about a Germany first, don't deploy them to other places. We just need a man up to purt German borders and the German crisises that are happening inside of Germany. I don't see a negative here.
Speaker 10: Well, they want to draft people, there's not enough volunteers, and I really think that Meritz does want to have enough that he could send some to Ukraine as advisors or some kind of deniable forces like that. I think they got plenty of plenty of volunteers. My speculation is the same as Stormy Waters, who believes that's a pseudonym for some guy I don't know his real name, but he thinks that the European countries are trying to distract people from domestic problems, especially monetary problems, and also demographic problems. Too many old people, not enough young people, and too many immigrants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean, I'll say this, when it comes to conscriptions or drafts or anything like that, pros and cons to this pros, you will get your numbers up, and you will get some people that will excel in the military that would have never joined otherwise. And that is a thing cool. Downside, you will get the dregs of society. You will get the ship bags that you don't want anywhere near your military, and that is that's a real thing, right. Any country that has forced conscription faces these problems where you basically get the short termers that are only there for their two years of service or four years or whatever their country designates, and the ones that are there to just do their job and get out solid. They do fine. The ones that are diametrically opposed to the military or to any kind of war fighting whatsoever, they tend to bring down the entire unit. And there's only so many places where you could stick them to where they're away from people, where they also won't go out of their way to be shitty at their jobs as their own personal form of protests. And it's been done successfully a few places, but that's for places that have culture of military service and of defense and things like that, like South Korea or Israel. Right, these people have a culture of defending their land and being an active conflict. So like they all for the most part want to do their part and then get out when the time comes. There's some exceptions, of course, there's some nuance, but by and large they accept it because it's had a long precedence. Trying to force that out of nowhere. It's not going to be very popular at all, and it's not going to be popular for them in the next election cycle either, I should say that.
Speaker 10: Yeah. One other thing. Germany's suffering from a lot of collapse in industrial production. They're not making steel anymore, they're closing a lot of car plants. They just can't make anything anymore. China seems to be stepping in in that regregard. They can. They're making something like half the electric cars in the world now, China is. And they just built a really impressive bridge that they finished last week that took three years. There's a lot of people were posting about that on Twitter, mostly to the effect that why can't we build stuff that impressive and quickly anymore? It's a record like elevation bridge six hundred meters tall.
Speaker 1: I think, are you talking about the one in China.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, they's a new bridge that just went up in China.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's the bridge on Earth now. It broke all records and all of these things, which is dope. That's a cool statement, But I mean, why can't we do these kinds of things as far as like Germany is concerned. Is that what they're saying, Oh, just.
Speaker 10: In the West in general, doesn't really build anything new anymore. We can't get a high speed rail system here. I think we totally could. We have the ability, we have the competency, but we have too much bureaucracy or something, and oh we just don't have the energy to do it anymore.
Speaker 1: I have my personal take on why we don't do anything cool like that anymore is because the boomers are still in charge. And the Boomers, since they have been in charge of things, they outsource everything, They third party everything. So why can't America do that? Because I mean, we could just hire some foreign people to do it for way cheaper. And why would we do it here when we could do it there and we could just keep the system that we've always had here. It's Boomer logic and I can't fucking stand it. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 10: Not really, because California has been trying to build high speed rail since two thousand and eight, and Chinese companies offered to step in and out and California told them no.
Speaker 1: But also California in and of itself, I mean, look at that they can't get water to the places that need it, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They've got their own inherent problems. But even to say, if we had a high speed rail system to go from coast to coast, we have the infrastructure to do this, we have the manpower to do this. You could throw tax dollars behind it, whole government projects, and we could get this built, I would say in probably twenty years. Real shit, will they do that? Of course not, because why would we hire Americans to do that? We could outsource it, we could do Why why do you want a high speed rail system? Are you're saying our interstate system is not good enough? And that's that they start this whole thing where it becomes politicized. Now one side says this, the other side says this, and like it's it's boomers fighting about boomers.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 8: I can't stand it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, damn one second. I drove from El Paso to Denver today. I would I would do anything to be able to do that trip a lot faster. You're six hundred miles. I would love to hop on a train.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And I mean, don't get wrong, there are trains that you could take to certain places. Not all over obviously, but yeah, you could travel by train. I have never actually ridden on a train. Of metros and subways and things like that, yes, but actually train travel. It's all my bucket list of things I want to do. But I mean it's it's also not the most Uh, it's not the most convenient. Let's leave it at that, you know, I mean, unless you're going from a place that has a train station to a place that has a train station that doesn't just do cargo, does passenger as well, then like by all means get after. But it's still gonna take you days to make a trip that you could have driven in like half the time. And it's it's it has its own inherent problems. It depends on where you're going and things like that. But now, I for one, would love a high speed rail system. And they have been talking about making a high speed rail system to connect the entire West Coast for years and years and years, and every time they try to get the construction underway, it gets hit with so many problems and restrictions and government interference that they can never really get it off the ground. And it's it's like you said, it's bureaucracy and it's annoying as hell. Sam, go ahead.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say about the reason why the boomers are so odd the way they are is because a lot of them, that a lot of them at that time, well even before they go up in that they go up doing the Great Depression.
Speaker 8: You have to pull yourself up by the bootstraps.
Speaker 1: A lot boomers were born in the fifties and sixties. Brother, they weren't in the Great Depression. That was that's the greatest generation, Yes, the boomers.
Speaker 7: That they saw how their family, like their parents went through that and then that and the great times.
Speaker 8: They had it great.
Speaker 7: They could buy a fucking house for five thousand dollars, you know what I mean. And they didn't have to pay all the fucking taxes that we have to do down And they said, well, at your age, I already had two families and six ten kids.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm sorry their grandpa just ship don't look like that no more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not just trying to ship on the older generation. My parents are boomers and I love them dearly. But it's uh, the way that boomer politicians have been doing business for the last few decades have gotten us to the position that we're in now. I don't think that more of the same as what we need right now.
Speaker 8: They went from good times and they made it bad times.
Speaker 7: Uh, Like the Great Dusty Road said, they might wait, you know what I meant even gonna I ain't even gonna busher it.
Speaker 8: But what he was saying is that you got the good times, make the make make hard times.
Speaker 7: The hard times will make the men because good man, and how the cycle repeats and everything, and you should.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll send you the promo of it later.
Speaker 7: But mhm, it's just like we gotta pick ourselves up and what happened to the the the American spirit of fuck it? That's kid or done with the American blood, sweat and steel.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 7: I grew up by my papa. I've talked about him multiple times. I've told you some of the stuff he that I.
Speaker 8: Grew up with.
Speaker 7: He always said, son, you're American. Yes you're Southern, but you're an American. You would love the American And I love my country because of my papa and my uncle doing all my family members that were either the family thing was either you go in the military or you become a convict.
Speaker 8: Is about how it went, and sometimes you did both.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, it's just it's kind of sad that how people are going, like, let's not even give us shit about our own country. Let's talk shit by our flag, and but let's throw up other countries flags and say we stand with them, when you wouldn't even help the American bleeding light next to you, but you want to run to people that don't give a fuck value.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just saying that we have the resources, we have the money, we have the manpower, we have the engineering capabilities to do incredible things in this country. That's why so many countries around the world have suffered massive brain drains and all of their you know, best and brightest have come to America. Right and now America has suffered brain drains in certain regards. Yes, but we still have a solid platform to build off of and re instill an American Golden Age as far as engineering, architecture, science, medicine, all these things America can do that we can spearhead that I wish we would. I wish we would. And it's not going to be because of a certain president, a certain administration, a certain political party. If that is going to take place, it is going to be a cultural shift within America. I for one, hope that we can see that cultural shift happen within our lifetime. I hope that we don't suffer the other part of that adage where weak men create hard times and then hard times create hard men. I'm hoping that possibly we could break that chain, right, And I know I'm getting high as hell on hopium on this one because I also don't have much faith in humanity. But if we are to not repeat the faults of the past, then we must be the ones to make that change. Unfortunately, I think most Americans', most Americans of both parties, of all backgrounds and everything, are so wrapped up in their own shit that they can't see the bigger picture. It's a perspective thing, and I get that of it from time to time as well. So I mean, I don't know, all right, all these things being said, I just got through the chat and uh yeah, I think we are getting ready to wrap this one up once again. I want to thank everybody for joining me on this edition of The Cajun Night Live once again shameless plug. If you would like to join in the conversation next week or see the videos and articles that we had pulled up on this episode, then go to the link in the description below too Patreon dot com slash Cajun Night. There's only one tier for entry. We are trying to grow this community to be its own fun Wednesday night get together where we share information, we exchange ideas, we talk about history, we talk about geopolitics, we talk about religion, we talk about all the things that we find important in our day to day lives. And I'm telling you I thoroughly enjoy these conversations. Hell, we started talking about the Crusades and the Mongols on this one, and then we got right back into talking about geopolitics and technology. I love this. This is so fun, So if you would like to be a part of it, go to the link in the description and I hope to see you next Wednesday night. Once again, everybody, I am the Cajun Night. I want to thank all of you for joining me this evening, and as always, God bless