Speaker 1: Breaking down all the excess at all. It's Steve Rivera and Jagins Salvas. This is I on the Ball on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to you. Ry on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifteen. I'm Steve Rivera, He's Jagins Awas. Got our guy Ryan with breaking news.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball, Breaking news on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: All right, let's start with this show. Hey, Toney, you just got his fiftieth homer. He's now part of the fifty to fifty group with homers and stone bases.
Speaker 2: Yep, so incredible. So the thing that got me they're in Miami, and people in Miami were loving the heck kind of him.
Speaker 4: Yes, just witnessed something that you they they had him to a curtain call with you know, a visiting player doing a curtain call at somebody stadium. Is pretty amazing. Yeah, just unbelievable. But look, I mean, you have to have an appreciation and respect for the achievement. You know, if that's whoever it is, right, I mean, if Aaron Judge hits, you know, breaks a home run record in your ballpark, yeah, you know, it's like it's like when you see somebody throw a perfect game against your team at your place.
Speaker 2: You give him didn't have an attendance, because I'm sure if it was a good attendance, or even halfway decent attendance, you're going to go. You want to go see it, right, because it was going to happen in front of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean, if I'm a Dodger fan and I'm living in Miami, I'm going to that game.
Speaker 2: I know I'm saving the ticket. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Whoever got the ball, you know, you know that there's a there's a valuable piece or piece of something. Again, what's going to be interesting one of those things. Do you give him the ball? Do you not give him the ball? Do you try and sell it?
Speaker 2: What do you do with it?
Speaker 4: You know, somebody out there has got that baseball. But you know he hit an upper deck shot for number forty nine and then number fifty was an opposite field and to left field. That was again a no doubt. Or he stood there for a second and watched it. Uh and uh, you know kind of flipped the bat and that was it. I'm ticly they're showing the replay where it landed. Yeah, I don't know, if it went into the seats, it might have hit the It might have hit the uh, you know, the the front of an upper deck and bounced out.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I couldn't tell from the replay if the ball came back out onto the field or not. But uh, you know, fifty to fifty. Man, that's incredible. They're showing.
Speaker 2: Uh, of course this is.
Speaker 4: A Dodger broadcast, but they're showing all the all the fans in the in the seats who were wearing Otani shirts and.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that. There's just a lot of Dodger blue over there. How do you think the Angels feel?
Speaker 4: Wait, how do you think the fifty thousand fans had got tickets for tomorrow's game in that way?
Speaker 2: For the Colorado around?
Speaker 4: How do they feel all those people who are going to be out in the pavilions?
Speaker 2: Probably the same uh, thousands of people who went to get the ball ahead and didn't didn't yet, you know, didn't get through it. Tire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's amazing. That that's stunning. It's just it's just so cool to watch. I don't know how at this point, I don't know how you don't give him the m v P you know with the Dodgers where they are in the standards and all that kind of stuff. So good for him, you know again, another one's the guy's to his bill accounts, you know, a really good guy. I know we had this little gambling thing that came up before this season, but uh, you know we're not gonna talk about that, of course not. It's a Dodger exactly. All right, what do you got Ryan?
Speaker 3: Week four of the college football season kicks on the way tonight. South Alabama and app State are the only teams on the schedule tonight.
Speaker 4: They couldn't do better than that for a Thursday night for us on college. Come on, man, who's in South Alabama? But we do have an NFL game? What do you think you're Oh, you got the hat going today? Just I got a sure at least one one and one?
Speaker 2: What do you want?
Speaker 3: They need the need a receiver like they don't have that one receiver we're talking about the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know this. I heard this coming in on another show that this is the first time what's the what's the spread? Uh? Just by something six? Just this is the first time in thirteen years the Jets have been a favorite over the New England Patriots in that long and the last time they were favorites, they got their butt kicked by twenty one. That's how bad they've been and that's how good New England's been m now.
Speaker 3: They just they need that, They need that one receiver a quarterback, don't you. I don't think that's really the issue. I think it's they just don't have guys wide receiver to do it down the field. Yeah, they do all these you know, five yard passing plays slants. I mean, I think last week they only had like nineteen yard or something passing against uh right.
Speaker 2: Nineteen total. I think.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: Didn't they play the Colts last week? Not the Colts?
Speaker 5: Did they played last week the Bengals Seahawks. They lost it overtime. Hu he didy had to have more passing yards than that, No, and they took it into overtime.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In fact, I was hanging on for that because I had a whole five dollars bet on the Seahawks on the Seahawks money line. In that one, they had a lot of rushing yards.
Speaker 3: I know that because they had a big play in the fourth that actually got them into field goal range. That would probably have sealed the deal for him. But yeah, then they got sacked. And I'm looking it up right now to see that they are box score here we go. Maybe I was just like one of the halfs, like.
Speaker 2: They had.
Speaker 4: No they had somebody somebody Gibson. Who's who's the running back? Last name Gibbs Gibson. He had ninety six yards. Stevenson had eighty one yards. They ran the ball, So, uh, I don't I think you're think you're making your team look.
Speaker 2: Bad there right. I was more of the passing yards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they had one hundred and forty nine yards passing, Yeah, fifteen to twenty seven forty nine for Jacoby Brissette. Jacoby said as that guy that he's a backup quarterback somewhere right and and uh and he's their starter right now. So I don't know what they're what they're doing, but that's what they're doing. But yeah, maybe, I mean they got the game to overtime and they beat the Bengals the week before. I thought you'd be sort of a little upbeat about them. Man, you saw you're like a super downer with these guys.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was just a disappointing loss. It was just like they had it right there and then they just yeah, they did, they did went scrap yep, let's see, uh Panther's horse benched their young quarterback Bryce Young. Yes, they did. They're gonna go with Andy Dalton. Now I didn't even know he was still in the league.
Speaker 2: Neither. We talked about rifle this. We talked about these yesterday. How many good quarterbacks were out there in the league. Thirty Some teams got five or five or six quarters and the rest are like what, yeah, I mean, and what's the most important position. They're wishing their their their their their draft picks on the rookies and then throwing them to the wolves and they're ruining them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, yeah, I mean again, Andy Dalton has been around, He's been passed around so much.
Speaker 2: He was with Dallas and then he went something from Dallas to somewhere.
Speaker 4: Else, and I had no idea that guy was still around.
Speaker 2: He should be my co host. He's that old.
Speaker 6: Remember, Oh my gosh, all right, Uh see George Kittle and Tavarious Ward they misspracticed for the forty nine ers today, so they may on Sunday.
Speaker 2: There's a few of those there's a few Kaffrey's on the IR. I can't remember what the other injuries are, but there there's some key games with key players out.
Speaker 4: Well, forty nine ers they're they're playing the Rams, but the Rams are lost their two best receivers because oh yeah, he's Cooper Cup is also out and Nikoua is out. Who's my guy in my fantasy team. So they got a bunch of guys out. So it's gonna like it's it's the third game of the season and these guys are all beat the hell already. You know, quarterbacks are out, you got tuas out, All these people are an injured reserve and stuff. So, uh, you know, if you're gonna if you're gonna be betting on these games, man, do your homework, because you got to find out who's not playing. I mean last week, okay, in the first week when we knew Christian McCaffrey was out, there were a lot of people just laid off the forty nine ers and then they killed so people assuming, okay, that running back was really good, so people jumped back all over the forty nine ers and they got beat. Uh, and so you know, you got you gotta do your homework, and it's tough to it's tough to figure out.
Speaker 2: It's it's really hard.
Speaker 3: I saw that and then I updated my my fantasy team because I had Kittle in there. Oh do you I'll take them out and put in Uh it was Schultz seem bark Party is my quarterback. It's like he's losing all his weapons. I mean, what the hell arch Manning is to make his first start for the long Horns of Saturday now that quinn Ewrs is going to be recovering from an obeaque injury.
Speaker 2: So I didn't see how he got hurt.
Speaker 4: I didn't either, but it's an oblique so I don't know if you got hit or what. But how have you seen how long he's going to be out? You know? I think that's a big question because they're gonna have some big games coming up. I think they've got who do they have?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: So they're playing U O M right? They got they got nobody this week. Next week I think is Mississippi State.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mississippi State next week and then Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: Then then they've got a week off, so that'll give them some time to get him back because then they come back, they come back from their off week and they've got in Tech, they've got Oklahoma, the Red River Shootout that they play up in Dallas, and then they've got Georgia. So you know, but I'm you know, I don't what's that line on on Texas because I've been riding that bandwagon so far and they've they've done me. They've done me, right, it gets you half your points? Yeah, well somehow a bunch of them, that's for sure. But Ulm, whereas the guy, I think I just saw it. But whatever it is, I think, Steve, you can expect me to hit they hit on Texas again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, it says on ESPN forty four and a half Texas there.
Speaker 4: It is, yep, forty four and a half. Now, I don't know that's so many points. But you see what Tennessee did to who did the U seventy something whatever?
Speaker 2: To god?
Speaker 4: Who was seventy one to nothing last week? kN State Kent State? Like, come on, man, come on. And I guess you know there's this rule right the sportsbooks have that a game's got to go fifty five minutes for it to count. And I guess at halftime of that game because it was sixty something to nothing. The Texas Tennessee offered to shorten the second half running clock or something like that, and they wouldn't do it. They said, we're playing, which I thought was pretty cool, and they all got beat seventy one to nothing. So but it was like six I think it was sixty four sixty five to nothing at halftime. So they obviously eased off the gas pedal over there, all right.
Speaker 3: A little bit news for Arizona had their full sports start this past week. Like men's tennis they started. I think it was over the weekend. Yeah, over the weekend they started. I think they got a couple of matches in, don't they. I'm not sure each volleyball started as well. Across country, let's see wow cross country the Cougar Classic in Colfax, Washington last week. Men finished fourth roll in their first eight K of the season and women placed eighth in their first six K of the season.
Speaker 4: Okay, good, And I was looking at soccer as five to two and one, but they're oher to one in the conference. They've got a match coming up on actually today, they're playing at Baylor today. Uh, they should be getting started here anytime. Starts about uh just getting started in fact, so h.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know, and I think I don't know, I could be wrong.
Speaker 4: Tennis, I thought had a had a couple of matches in Oh, it's it starts that soccer starts at five o'clock our time. I think I was thinking they're at Baylor. It's at seven o'clock Waco time. And then email some back to the MLB. Uh Guardians, they clinched their ticket to the postseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a heck of a run without uh, without Terry franc On. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure he's having a good life here and they're hanging out.
Speaker 4: Man, he's playing golf and just goofing around. He'll start showing up with basketball games. Yea, you know, all that kind of stuff. But yeah, oh, good for the Guardians. I didn't realize that they were that they were up there. So they they're they're leaving visions. Yeah, he clinched the birth. They have a six and a half game we over the Royals. I thought the Royals were actually in first place, and then I they were in the garden. Funny how that happens, I hear you, I, I you know, I it's funny because I've been so zeroed in on the Dodgers and in their race with with the Padres and the and the uh uh.
Speaker 2: Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: I said the other day that that they've clinched a playoff spot. They have not. There was a little star on their standings. That just means I've got them as my favorite team that I'm so they've not clinched, but they're three and a half games up on the Padres and six up on the Diamondbacks. They've got a big series with the Padres, got three three games in Dodger Stadium next week, so that'll that'll probably tell us a lot. But yeah, I see the Brewers have clinched, the Yankees have clinched, and the Guardians have clinched playoffs playoff berths.
Speaker 2: Got ten ten games left and then yeah, the playoffs.
Speaker 4: And and and actually the Brewers clinched the division, so uh, the others have clinched playoff playoff berths. So shaping up, man, I think it's gonna be a fun, fun playoffs because I think there's a bunch of teams that can win it.
Speaker 2: So the Diamondbacks are like two or three games out right, They're not in a great spot, but because I think they have a couple of teams ahead of.
Speaker 4: Them, They're they're there, they've they're right now, are tied for the second and third spot in the Wildcard. So they're in right now. But you've got the Braves. It's it's the Padres are two and a half up on the Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks and Mets are tied, and then you've got the Braves the game and a half behind the Mets and the Diamondbacks. So yeah, they're they're in the hunt, but they got some work to do. They got they you know, they gotta they gotta keep things going. But again, I think that I think a big part of the discussion is that there's a lot of teams that can win this thing this year. And I I mean, can the Dodgers win it? Yes, I think they can do. I think they're gonna win it. No, I don't they just They're pitching is just a complete mess.
Speaker 2: It has been all year. It has been all year. It has been and in.
Speaker 4: Spite of that, they've got the second best record in baseball, which makes no sense. I mean, if you ask me, I'm like, I just watch them. But again, you know, it doesn't look like anybody is going to win one hundred games this year. I don't think so that's that kind of tells you, right, So all right, then the.
Speaker 3: White White Sox, they're they're three losses away from uh tying the record for the sixty two minutes.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You know, I did I say this yesterday. I I might have to go to San Diego this weekend. Yeah, well, yeah, you're going, And I'm not one hundred percent sure now now my daughter's going back and forth on it.
Speaker 2: She doesn't need the cat. Well, the cat's.
Speaker 4: Getting better, so oh what, Oh my wife's going. I was gonna my my other daughter was going to go with her. Okay, now she might not go because her cat here is sick. So I gotta I'll find out tomorrow. It's gonna be a you know, I'm the player to be named later in that trip. But if I hope to come over, so you don't have to go, I want to go. I love San Diego. San Diego is a cool place. No, it is no fantastic place. Yeah, to take just one cat? Okay, all right, hey we're over time. We got to get out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah we are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do got to get out of here, so we're gonna come back. We've got t J.
Speaker 2: Jessica witz On joining us, So stick around.
Speaker 7: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchener bathroom of your dreams. Frowsy aisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for money to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your love. Find a location near you at the window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. We'll call at five two zero four zero zero four two three three. Where do you buy exercise equipments Arizona.
Speaker 4: Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 8: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty second just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 9: It's awards season for summer sports leagues and time to look at trophies for baseball, softball, volleyball, and swimming seasons for youth and adult leagues. Summer has arrived and it's time to replenish your promotional products for your company's giveaways. Keep your employees looking great in fresh new apparel, polos and caps with your sharp looking logo. Creative Awards is here to serve your professional and promotional products needs. Visit the Creative Awards idea center at two twenty eight West Drackman Street or visit them online at Creative awardsaz dot com.
Speaker 10: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs, whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation Team dot com. That's Volpe team dot com or call five two oh sixe eight five six two six today in MLS three oh eight seven Arizona b k Ninez two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, how to commitment to lyrics and credit rates and available loone programs suffic to change the unubicue.
Speaker 11: Did you know sports cards that memorabilia are setting records sales last month of nineteen fifty two tops.
Speaker 2: Mickey Mantles So for twelve point six million.
Speaker 11: Lebron James Rookie So for five point six Also, collecting cards is a family fun hobby that can be very profitable if you want to start a collection or expand your collection. Check out Showtime Cards. They are one of the leading card shops in the country and have served our local community for twenty five years. They are located on e Speedway. That's Showtime Cards.
Speaker 2: Ready to save but not sure where to begin?
Speaker 12: Take the Pyramid Bedrooal Credit Union ten thousand dollars saving challenge and we'll guide you along the way.
Speaker 2: Save five hundred.
Speaker 12: Dollars over six months as a member and you could win big. Watch your savings grow to help you reach goals like buying a car, owning a home and more. Visit Pyramid FCU dot com Slash ten k challenge to get started today.
Speaker 13: And really insured.
Speaker 2: N CUA.
Speaker 13: Got bugs, termitespees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. TESS can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents. Serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: So in your home want to get more money for it? Will Danny Roth can help you? He told me about as you Flip the Home You Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Oarmni Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand five hutter homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling at home of Danny Roth at five to zero four nine zero four thousand.
Speaker 1: Streamy Live I Mean iHeartRadio app. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera and Jake and Salez on Fox Sports fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to My Iron the Ball Hero Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, He's Jagin Sauce, and now with us is TJ. Juskowitz from the l Tour to Tucson. TJ.
Speaker 14: How are you hey doing great?
Speaker 15: Guys?
Speaker 2: You have a big weekend this weekend? Are you taking a nap?
Speaker 16: No, we can take a little bike ride. We got l tour Loop to Loop which will be out at Really Too Park and on the chuck Aukaberry Loop this weekend. It's a free event, so come on out.
Speaker 2: Uh has my partner here, my going away partner. I don't know if you knew that he's not going to be with me after tomorrow. But has he promised to ride in the Eil Tour yet?
Speaker 16: Well, you know, he's promised me every year that he'd give it his best. And Jayson's a great job, but I fully expect him to be doing.
Speaker 14: The thirty two miles with us this November.
Speaker 4: I'm in for the thirty two TJ I'm coming and actually my daughter's going to ride too, because I think she's a little afraid for me, So she's going to be sort of my you know, my my I don't know what you not my co pilot, but sort of. She's going to trail me just to make sure that if I drop that she's there to help me out.
Speaker 2: So she's going to join me.
Speaker 16: That's good to have a little we'll safety blinking all right, and.
Speaker 2: I'll feel a little better about it. I'll feel a little better about it.
Speaker 4: You know that if I start to lose it, I'll say, hunt, you go get the car, so we'll talk about we'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 14: I was wondering if she's going to be able.
Speaker 16: To keep out with you, Jake.
Speaker 2: You know, right, Well, let me just say this.
Speaker 4: She she teaches a cycling class at one of those uh spin class and so she's in a little bit better shape than I am.
Speaker 2: Well to answer your question, you won't to answer your question, but answer it for him. He hasn't got on a bike.
Speaker 14: I'll be ready, no different than any other year.
Speaker 2: I'll be ready. I'll be ready.
Speaker 4: You know. I'm just happy that it that it's you know that that the that the route is what it's what it is, instead of that all uphill route you put me on the last time I did this, I.
Speaker 14: Did it just for you, Jay.
Speaker 16: A little bit easier, okay.
Speaker 4: But I promise I will be there. I'm going to ride it, and I'm gonna make it. I'm gonna make it.
Speaker 2: I'm just it's an easier course. Now. Yeah, I'm going to make it. Yeah, listen, let's go back to the loop and we'll come back to Ani tour in a second. So I think there's gonna be a few hundred people there on Saturday.
Speaker 16: I'd say, good five hundred plus.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 16: The nice thing about this weekend compared to others, as you probably know, there's no U of a football game, right, there's not a whole lot of happenings in town. And actually the weather is dropped under one hundred degrees. So I think it's going to be a really good weekend for people just to get out and just try something different. Instead of tailgating this weekend, maybe get on their bikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So tell us where you're gonna be located. What's going to be available.
Speaker 14: Sure, So from.
Speaker 16: Seven o'clock in the morning till about twelve o'clock, we have a set up pretty much where the Farmer's market is behind the really to a racetrack, right, it's the trail there, so people can bike over if they want. There's an after party from ten to from ten o'clock in the morning till twelve noon, We've got Corey Specter's gonna be playing some tunes. Gary's a great musician that'll play some guitar and some keyboards. We got some food trucks, got a beer garden by Dragoon, so a lot of fun. It's a free event. Again, just come out there with your friends. You can just ride there, or you can park there and ride out on the Loop and then come back and go back home. So again it's just just a little nice opportunity.
Speaker 14: The other thing that's really.
Speaker 16: Need about Loop to Loop, we've got about forty nonprofits that'll have tents there that you can go up talk to them about boys and girls clubs or you know, if they're you know, various causes, if there's something that's near and dear to your heart, you.
Speaker 14: Know, just talk to them and just say, hey, you know, you might want to ride with.
Speaker 16: One of those teams. And so we got about forty of them out there. Arizona Bowl is another one that's one of our brand new teams, so about forty of them be set up there. They have some great raffle gifts. I think we have a weekend golf sick cause, you know, girl souls take us to the Arizona Bowl.
Speaker 14: There's just lots lots of free opportunity, so if you're looking for a cheap little weekend to do, this one's right up your alley.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sitting here looking at it on the website. So basically, you just come out there and you get on the loop and you go as long as you want to go right and you take whatever lap you do and just and then just go hang out.
Speaker 16: You got it.
Speaker 13: That's it.
Speaker 16: So if you want to go ten miles go five out and five back, that's fine. If you want to go ten miles out in ten backs, that's fine too.
Speaker 14: Some people that are really a bit says this isn't for you.
Speaker 16: Jay, But people will go around the entire loop that's probably about sixty miles, and you know, so that that might be a little bit too much for you at this.
Speaker 14: Point in your training season.
Speaker 16: Pretty sure some will get up and do that full loop and then come back and then you know they want to have a beer, if they want to have an ice cream or you know, some barbecue. You know, there's gonna be a great food trucked out there, and and so whatever, you know, whatever whatever you're in the mood for is gonna be available for you.
Speaker 4: This is perfect TJ. Seriously, I'm I may maybe going to San Diego with my wife. I'm not I'm gonna know that tomorrow night. But if I don't go, I'm gonna come out there because I this is the perfect place for me to get this thing, to get my things started, and you know, maybe just go out there and do ten miles.
Speaker 2: I know I can do that, So yep, it'll be fun. And he might even be able to find a find a nonprofit to h to ride forward. That's at the end of the day, That's what it's all about, isn't it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I think you probably rode for a nonprofit. If I recall in the past, I did you know one of the neat things about El Tour.
Speaker 16: You know, we've during the forty years, it's probably about one hundred and twenty five million dollars has been raised for local charities, and probably about eight million dollars each year is just pumped into those local charities to support all the great causes. And this year we've got about seventy five nonprofits that'll be riding al Tour for their cause, probably the biggest outing of nonprofits we've ever had. And so there's still room and if people want to get involved as a nonprofit. They can. They can contact El Tour and we'll get them signed up and it's free.
Speaker 2: Of course, you've said that a few times.
Speaker 4: Can you can you sign up for El Tour out there at the at.
Speaker 2: The uh on on Saturday.
Speaker 16: Everything's online.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so I just do it online. Okay, got it all right?
Speaker 16: But uh yeah, but there's no you know, back in the old days, you had those brochures and all that things and stuff. Nowadays it's all online.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's go back to the El Tour real quick. I think a teacher, you're approaching five thousand already.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we've got just an amazing turnout. I mean, last year was.
Speaker 16: Our fortieth anniversary. We figured that was going to be the peak for a while. We had nine thousand cyclists last year. We're about ten percent over our numbers the same point last year, so that keeps up. We're looking at ten thousand cyclists come November.
Speaker 14: And that's just a you know, just a.
Speaker 16: Just a compliment to all the people that have worked on this event for the last forty years and just you know, making sure that the riders really enjoy themselves. And it's it definitely takes a village to put this thing on, from the law enforcement engineers, all these people that are out there trying to make this event faith and enjoyable for everyone that's coming.
Speaker 4: JJ, what's been the for you personally being involved in this, and you know this has kind of been a thing you've been doing for long. What's been the best part of this for you?
Speaker 16: It's pretty easy. The amazing people you get to meet. And I moved here about four and a half years ago not knowing a whole lot of people in Tucson, and just the people that you know, truly appreciate what el Tor means to this community. They've really just opened up and just welcomed me in. And I've met some just truly amazing people in this community, and you know, I feel a part of it now. I mean I didn't really, you know, during the the COVID days when I first moved here, you couldn't say, hey, I really felt a part of this community. But you know, over those last four and a half years, you've met just hundreds and hundreds of people, and some will tell you a story about, you know, riding with their grandfather or you know, I did my personal best or whatever, and others are just like, I'm just happy that we have this type of event right here in my backyard. And so it's great to hear those stories and you know, get to meet some really really fine people and I just think, you know, el Tor is just just a real feather in the tap for or two soon to have. And you know, obviously it's been going on for forty one year, so some people did some things you know, from the get go really good and keep this thing going. Is it's just a testament to what a great community we have for cycling.
Speaker 4: As you know, you know, we've got a story coming out in uh Biz Tucson, the magazine that I write for and edit, talking about this. How you've established downtown is the base again, the starting point and finishing point. I talked a little bit about what that's meant to the right and how that's really made this a you know, kind of a such a great event in terms of one place where everybody goes and uh, you know, from start to finish on the on the on out tour.
Speaker 16: Well, if you be a lot easier if we just you know, picked a spot right on the edge of town, you know, out past the airport or something like that and just started everyone out there in the middle of a rural section. But you know what what it means to this local economy and the local business is to to start and end this you know, world class event right in the heart of downtown is super important. We want people to come instead of we used to have three rides that would end, start and end in different locations. So to bring all that into the downtown that has the infrastructure, parking, restaurants, bars, all that kind of stuff that that people are looking for after before or after the ride, you know that that just has a better feel than starting out just because it's convenient and you know, just knowing what it means to When we talked to the hotelers and they said, we've been sold out for six months for the tour weekend, uh and a typical weekend would would not see a whole lot of business. The weekend before Thanksgiving. When we see restaurants say, you know what we got to We're doing a Friday night dinner for a team of sixty riders that are coming in. You know, those those are just great things and it's and it adds to the economy of Tucsons, So we want to keep those things owen. Being in downtown allows those things to happen, is better.
Speaker 2: For the economy of Tucson.
Speaker 16: And you know, with the law.
Speaker 14: Enforcement and all that they make it safe.
Speaker 16: To be able to ride in and out of downtown.
Speaker 14: And again it's a neat experience when they come back to the TCC and.
Speaker 16: Just to have an amazing renovated TCC that we can start and end to ride at.
Speaker 2: So for people like Jay here and his daughter, what is the price right now and you only got like ten days before the next price?
Speaker 16: I think it's about one fifty five ish right in that ballpark right now. For l tour pretty much at the end of each month it goes up ten dollars. So the longer you wait, it costs you a little bit more. The best thing to do at this point is to find one of those nonprofits because you save I think it's one hundred and forty five dollars to ride the event with a nonprofit. So if you want to save a few dollars, that's the way to go, and then we'd like that those savings that contribute to that nonprofit. So if you save ten fifteen dollars twenty dollars and that goes to that nonprofit. We love that.
Speaker 2: Unless the who's gonna be your next football coach at Florida?
Speaker 16: Are you asking me if it's going to be Jet Fish? I know he touts is Florida credentials, but I certainly don't want that guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 16: I've been my rumor mill is they're they're talking Lane Kiffin and I don't like that option either, But I don't know. It's it's a sad day when when we're talking third week of the season, who's going to be your coach next year? That's not a good start to the season.
Speaker 2: So are you are you one of those guys like Jay would be an issue? Well, at least Florida State's not doing any better.
Speaker 16: It helps, for sure, it definitely helps. But yeah, you you know, you were about your own house, and you know if the neighbors, if the neighbor's house is burning, you know, you still worry about your house. But it's uh, yeah, I'm not sad that f is shoes oh in three, that's for sure. But but but Miami's three and oh two, so that you know, it's kind of a mixed bag there.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks TJJ.
Speaker 16: But you know what I've never said in September in a long time that it's basketball season in Florida. But uh, you know, that's that's that's reality when you when you got a good basketball team coming up. And I'm sure those words have been uttered in Arizona a few times in September.
Speaker 2: Right they're kind of going on right now, exactly.
Speaker 14: Okay, Hey, hey, two.
Speaker 16: And one is not out of it.
Speaker 14: One bad game.
Speaker 16: You know, back last year they lost in Mississippi State and they came back and had a heck of a year. So one loss.
Speaker 14: Doesn't make make or break your season. So just hanging there, you know, have a little faith, and you know.
Speaker 16: Uh, Cat Sands got to keep showing up. And I think again, you know, I think back, say six seven years ago, it's a lot better position than you were six seven years ago.
Speaker 2: TJ. I mean, last thing, we don't like pragmatic callers on this, so this might be the last time you're on the show.
Speaker 16: I forgot it.
Speaker 3: The negative.
Speaker 2: It's just just Steve, just Steve. I appreciate what you said.
Speaker 14: You've always been You've always been a bit of.
Speaker 16: A Homer there.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, good good cub back. Cub is exactly right, all right, TJ.
Speaker 14: Thanks, I think you know who's who there.
Speaker 2: Exactly thanks you. All right, guys, let's take a break and come back one more time. If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for newly forty years. Now. Take a look back at the Ludelsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspire them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's loved coach. Lessons from Loot is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. What one email media Steve dot rivera ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 17: Hi, this is formal Wildcat Leman Huntly with Arizona Health. Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal.
Speaker 2: Space in your life.
Speaker 17: We off a complete line of caudio machines, multi gyms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you up with the right equipment and training to get you started to keep you going. Visit our share room today at twenty second in Wilmot, Arizona Health the lead to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 9: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. Pema Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from in financial lad available, It's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PIMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you.
Speaker 2: Learn how at Pima dot edu. Slash Someday. Hey Tucson, Steve Rivera here and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof. They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to save. Call them today and score big on your insurance with the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 1: Streaming live on the iHeartRadio app. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera and Jake and Salez on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to em the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, He's jickens AWE's got a guy Ryan in for about the next fifteen for twelve minutes. I want to say something real quick. So we're in twenty twenty four. How crazy do you think the fans have been, not just locally but just globally maybe nationally? Uh? For events, for events, just fandom? What do you mean? I wanted to go here with this because Dan what was his name, Dan Campbell at Detroit, he had to sell his home because he's already getting issues with fans in Detroit with all the pressure. So he has to go to move into an exclusive area or undisclosed area, and there are three two weeks in.
Speaker 4: Steve, it's it's it's awful because and it it's look, it's a small number of fans related to the general sports population, right, but you got these people who are because of social media, because of all these things that there's information available and and and there, they got a platform and they're angry and they get out there and they do things and it's stupid.
Speaker 2: And it's a squeaky wheel.
Speaker 4: It's the squeaky wheel because you know, the vast, vast majority of fans aren't going to do the things that some of these some of these fans do. You know, I go back to ten years ago when that uh, what's his name, the kicker for Arizona, We just yeah, we just had to Casey Scyrn misses the field goal to beat that would have beat USC, and he gets death threats. I'm like, what are we doing? And uh no, I hear you. And and you know, when you can't even be a coach and live in a place, you know, because somebody might come and do something to you or your family, right, And and this isn't just in sports, Steve, this isn't in everything, you know. I mean, look, you may or may not like Donald Trump, but you what, you don't wish somebody to assassinate the guy?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: And yet we that's the society that we've become a society that not only hates, but acts on the hate.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, we got a call to h Yeah let's take this collar.
Speaker 4: Hi, you're on the air and one on the ball.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to wish you a farewell.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, Nico.
Speaker 4: You using a lot of good lessons from me.
Speaker 2: Man, give me one.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to laugh, Nico. I appreciate that, Nico.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm like, that warms my heart. Give me one though, Hey, Man, to never give up.
Speaker 14: I love.
Speaker 2: Because you didn't hear that from speaking me.
Speaker 4: So you're on your probably you want eco.
Speaker 2: It's out there for you. I know it is.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's pretty understood. I'm glad that's when you took to heart.
Speaker 16: There you go, man, there you go, And yeah, I'll leave you at this gait.
Speaker 11: It was an honor to shake a man that votes for the A.
Speaker 4: Even though you think I'm unqualified.
Speaker 16: I think most of you got.
Speaker 2: You got a foid. Okay.
Speaker 4: I appreciate look you know what you call. I'm sure i'll see you over on the on the concourse at a at a game coming up. So but I appreciate, you know, I appreciate We've had fun with you. I've had fun with you, Steve. You know you're gonna keep calling Steve and whatnot. But I've had fun talking to you, and it's been great. You know, talking to your daddy. Could been to my tailgate. Come look for us at the tailgate. We're still in about the same spot we are every week. So I'd love to keep I'd love for you to keep keep in touch.
Speaker 16: Hey man, I'll look for you, man, because I definitely don't want to have to hear your Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really you need to come and do this show. Thanks NK. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: He's on his fifth love since, you know, but he's still looking for love, man. You know I love that I can get him away from that. In the heart, Steve, Steve, we need the love. We're just talking about how people are hating. We need the love, Steve.
Speaker 2: We need it.
Speaker 4: Just this country needs it, our fans need it, everybody needs it. You just you know it's yeah, I mean, yeah, I mean you know the stuff that you're talking about, just that you know, it's so stupid.
Speaker 2: So I just had a a friend of mine on on Instagram and you all that we kind of filled these meanings back of each other. So it was just this one with with Alex Rodriguez proposing to Jennifer Lopez and it says, will you destroy my life? And she says, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, yes, that's about I agree. No, yeah, Ben Affleck's got that. There's a few, there's a few others. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 16: No.
Speaker 4: I yeah, Hey, we've uh we moved along during our during our last segment show, hey hit another homer. Yeah, so he is now six for six, three homers, ten RBIs in this game. He's up to fifty one home runs and fifty three stolen bases. So we got a caller, let's take this. Hi are on the air and I on the ball.
Speaker 15: How's it going today?
Speaker 2: What's up, Brian?
Speaker 16: Well?
Speaker 15: I do wish you good luck?
Speaker 2: Jay appreciate it.
Speaker 15: You will be missed.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate that too.
Speaker 15: I got a new name for the show. It's going to be called Steve. I'm the most negative guy Rivera.
Speaker 2: That's my podcast. School my podcast.
Speaker 4: I think he's trademarked that already.
Speaker 2: You're gonna quite a sponsor for that though.
Speaker 4: Hey, Brian, you're a big baseball fan historian, are you? Are you paying attention to what's going on here a show? Hey?
Speaker 2: Have you seen what he's done today? It's amazing, It's incredible.
Speaker 4: I've got you know, I've had it on my iPad here in the shows. I'm glad I've been able to actually see it happen. I wish I've been able to have the voice on and watch it. But unbelievable, what's happening.
Speaker 15: I'm one of those people like you. I don't believe believe a D d.
Speaker 14: H should win the MVP, but I can't see if anybody else in the National League, right, I mean.
Speaker 15: There's not you know, even without the fifty to fifty there's still no money even close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I don't know how you do not give it to him with you with going fifty to fifty?
Speaker 15: Now, oh yeah, it's you know, I mean to see a guy who's what six foot five, who can run bases like he does just incredible, and and the swing he has is just amazing.
Speaker 14: It's just something really really.
Speaker 15: You know, once in a lifetime thing to watch.
Speaker 2: It is who would you guys compare him to the second? Who would be second to this?
Speaker 14: Yes, like playing today or playing back.
Speaker 4: In the day.
Speaker 2: You know, I maybe Canseco? Maybe who Ken Grippy?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I mean if that guy could have been healthy his whole career, that would have been incredible, right.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, if he would have been healthy his whole career, he would have passed. I believe he would have passed, thank hear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a natural that you want to talk about? A guy who's just natural at what he was doing. That's a good one, and.
Speaker 15: Could steal bases, could play unbelievable defense and hit for average. Just an amazing player.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, well that puts it in perspective. Yeah, because this dude's pretty good. He's pretty damn good. It has been fun to watch, all.
Speaker 15: Right, Broan, you better not start I do what you know still, I.
Speaker 2: Was just going to say, I was just going to say that, Okay, you can give me grief. I'm looking for a co host kind of now, we'll see what I come up with. I'm not sure what I want to do. So appreciated.
Speaker 15: Brian I'm sure Monico is available.
Speaker 2: Because he's gonna want some some not money, he might some extra curricular stuff for payment, so.
Speaker 14: You know, probably pretty cheap.
Speaker 2: No comment.
Speaker 14: Welcome, Well, good luck, Jake, thank.
Speaker 15: You, Brian appreciated, and I'll be stopping by the tailgate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll be there. We'll be there, all right, man, we'll see it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. That was a nice call. So we're talking about the fandom and how crazy it is real quick now, totally agree with you. And the the social media stuff just just makes it even worse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, and well that that's what's made it so much worse, you know. I mean, look, there's always been stuff like that that's going on. The guy who set fire to the trees that at at Auburn, remember, you know, years ago, that kind of stuff. You know, you've seen, you know, where high school coaches get for sale signs put in you know, put in their yards because their teams you know, don't do There's always been a segment of that. But when you start talking about potentially you know, being violent and unsafe, it's just ridiculous that that we that we do that and then and then we go through that uh, incredible that, you know, an NFL coach has to go essentially go into hiding from his fans.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. So I think we've got to call. I think we've got to call. But I have some kind of breaking news here. Okay, we got time. Okay, wait, take this call. High You're on the air and I on the ball.
Speaker 16: Hey guys, it's Howard.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 14: Did you just figure out you've got a different opportunity Jay after you guys.
Speaker 2: Moved made them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it happened kind of suddenly. I I got offered a job and I've and I've taken it. You know, the radio business is tough when we're talking financially. So I've taken this job, and so I've gotta I've got to I've got to pitch one of the things that I do, and this is the one.
Speaker 2: That I have to do. I have to do because.
Speaker 4: So have to do with what you and Natalie.
Speaker 14: That's the little business you guys have had or something.
Speaker 4: No, No, this is uh this, I've taken a job with a pr from here in town.
Speaker 14: Oh sounds good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, going back, going back to my roots. So it was it was a it was a U, as they say, an offer I couldn't refuse.
Speaker 14: Mm hmm, yeah, yeah, I'll just have to come even though I don't go into the football stadium, I'll have to find your tail game sometime.
Speaker 2: Were there.
Speaker 14: You remember the time you thought you over tried and you walked by us.
Speaker 4: We're usually in that in that last row by the Jefferson Jim So come looking for us over there.
Speaker 14: Oh okay, all right, But of course I'm not. I'm not negative like people.
Speaker 16: I like Steve, and I don't think he's any more negative.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: People see you and you get you get me, Howard, Thank you.
Speaker 16: I do down the middle.
Speaker 14: That's one of the boring shouts to be because Steve and I are down.
Speaker 2: The middle, down the middle, down, just drive it up the middle. Just started. You're right, you're execut right or thanks for the call, Howard, Thank you Howard.
Speaker 4: All right now the call is take this. Hi, you're on the air and eye on the ball.
Speaker 14: Hey Jay, Dave, George here George.
Speaker 16: A longtime listener, uh fifteenth time caller.
Speaker 15: Anyways, man, I just wanted to wish you best best of luck. Uh.
Speaker 16: Steve will still be listening.
Speaker 1: Jay, I hope you call in every once.
Speaker 15: In a while say hi to all the buddies and friends, you know, a long time listeners.
Speaker 16: So if you can do that, just you know, make like cut like carve out.
Speaker 14: You know, I don't know, ten minutes I.
Speaker 2: Should be about Dodgers. Yeah, I should do that. Well, you'll still be on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going to do the Thursday show at at the Casino Del Saul once a month and then during football season.
Speaker 2: I'll still call in with my picks on Friday. George, were you the one that sent me the odds on my next lift?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Not me, Ok, it was a different Yeah, different George sent me my odds and he gave.
Speaker 4: Me a list of you know, the old tental I got its interesting. Georgia, appreciate all the time you called and being a part of the show. Yeah, great, Thank you, Georgia. It's been great to it's been great to have you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for so much. Change. The story is not going to change that much. It's you know, trying to find somebody that's going to go back and forth with me and banter with each other. So just kind of breaking news. Bruce. I did a story that the Arizona. University of Arizona Athletic Department has paid one point five million they pledged for the desertys buy out at Missouri. Wow. I guess there was a that's the maximum they could pay. I guess it was at the end of the day. It was a two million dollar buyout. So that just happened. I guess TV station in Columbia said that Missouri that in July, UA paid one point five million, which you A had previously said in his contract terms with the most it could pay toward the buyout. And I wonder why that was a limit on what they could pay. Yeah, that's probably that's probably something in state lar or.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know really. Wow, I didn't even I didn't know that there was a buyout for HERFEN reported faced a buyout of nearly three million, but the two sites ultimately settled on two million. So are they coming up with five hundred thousand? She will have to pay the extra five hundred thousand? She will? She will with the option of doing so in installments through March twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's making it a million of dollars a year now, Is that what it is. That's I think if I can remember correctly, that's that's the number, so form of what fIF thousand and four years?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well she probably you know, that was probably in the calculation when she figured out sure she was going to be making.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and fifty a year for Yeah. Yeah, so you know, yeah, if I had those problems, I'd be okay, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure at that got calculated way back.
Speaker 2: When you know when and then you wonder, yeah, because it was a big number, right, it's a big number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, Well you know again, she's uh, you know, she's she's coming, She's come in here and really move some things around. I guess you might say, she you know, they're they're they're changing the way they're doing things. People coming and going, coming with some ideas, trying to do things differently, get them out of this financial hole that they're in, and sort of get in with the way things are in project.
Speaker 2: We had her on maybe three weeks ago, right, if anybody missed that interview. We talked a lot about what she's up to the merger with with with the media stuff and some of the changes. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So and for those of you who who have some questions about that. Steve's got a story coming out of bitsinuss On about Arizona sports enterprises.
Speaker 2: Uh. That magazine will be out in about a week or two. Right, if you have a chance. There was the earnest Young report. Right, that was the kind of thing that's set the ball. Okay, we got to go, all right, yep, we gotta get out of here. We'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: It'll be my last day, so we'll see if we can figure out something to kind of make a memory.
Speaker 2: All right, see you tomorrow.