Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm telling you Leasy Boston Radio.
Speaker 2: The story we might talk about tomorrow night is the President Trump lost an election in Canada tonight. The Liberal Party Prime Minister Mark Carney has won. I can't say re election because he stepped into the void once Prime Minister Trudeau left office. Connie is a Harvard graduate, former backup goaltender at Harvard University's a hockey team. So now Donald Trump has the deal with a Harvard man in Canada. At least that's what the polls are suggesting. Reading here in New York Times, Canadian Election, Canada Election twenty twenty five live updates, polls start to close as voters choose new leader. Stunning comeback. According to Washington Post, Connie's Liberals win Canada's federal election. A CNN can Canadian media projecting a win for Liberals in Canada USA today. Carnie wins Canada's election, riding Canadian fury a Trump. New York Time twenty twenty five Canada Federal election Live results. Liberals win so again. I think that the we'll see this the results is still somewhat early here, only about According to the Times, A little more than a third of the results have been closed. In terms of the votes, looks like in Toronto and Ottawa and the Liberal Party did very well, whereas in Western Canada the Conservatives did well well. We'll see how it works out, but I think at this point the consensus is that Carnie wins and po Liver if that's how it's pronounced, Perliva Pierre Poliv is trailing by thirteen point six points overall. But anyway, we'll see how that goes. Perhaps check on that to one night tonight, we're talking about Karen read case, which is a subject that people are interested in, and that's why we're going to stick with it. Okay, let me go to Christine in Dedham. Christine, welcome, you were next on Nightside. Thanks for calling in. Great to see you yesterday. Great to see you yesterday. Thanks for coming.
Speaker 3: It was so fun, it really was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a great time. I was so happy to meet so many people, including yourself. It was I never ate. I spent the entire three hours talking to people, and I'm happy I did that.
Speaker 3: Did they give you one thing who to take home? My hope?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I came moment I think I had milk and cookies. I should have nibbled off of everyone's plate, and then I would have been all.
Speaker 3: Set right, right exactly.
Speaker 2: So do you get a chance to watch any of this testimony today?
Speaker 3: I didn't, but I thought today the Supreme Court turner down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they would not, they would not consider the case. You need four of the nine Supreme Court justices for the court to take the case on. So if you can't get four, well, yeah, it's and also by the way to getting what's called you know, getting a case accepted of the process called Scherai, it's very difficult. The court accepts a small percentage of cases, like two or three percent, and would have been interesting, but they chose not to accept They've chosen not to take it.
Speaker 3: Some people I've been talking to I'm still hearing it. And he knew something about the cops. That he said something, and that's why I think that they were now them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well here's yeah again people people have alluded to that. I don't know that in a lot of these cases you ever get the story. I'm hoping that the judge, you know, conducts the trial as fairly as possible, and that a second jury takes a look at the case and and and you know, comes to a to a good decision. Obviously, to convict her on any of the counts, they have to vote, you know, nine to nothing rather twelve to nothing. To convict her have to vote unanimously. There apparently was a unanimous consensus that she was not guilty of second degree and she was not guilty of leaving the scene. But I guess that there was a there were some rumors that the first jury was willing to convict her or at least with leaning to convictor nine three. Who knows. Let's let's let the process play out. Let's have some faith in the system. I would not want to be in her shoes. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be in her shoes.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but she's never had any convictions or anything, so I don't know she has they said, no records of anything that's true.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm sure her well that that could only work for her. What do you think about her demeanor in court and going to and from court. What's your sense on that or do you have a sense on that.
Speaker 3: I don't like it. That's the smile that she's got on my face. I think she's going to start taking it more seriously. I don't like that cat at off.
Speaker 2: The Defense Warriers should hire you, should hire you as a consultant, Christine.
Speaker 3: I feel sorry to his family. I really do. To see her smarting and all. I feel sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounded like he was a good guy. I mean from every all the stories that I've read. But again, let's let's let's let the jury have at it and see what they come up with. Hopefully within the next few weeks, six or so weeks, we'll have a decision and we'll talk about it then too. Thank you Christine again. Great to see you yesterday. Thanks for taking the picture.
Speaker 4: With you too.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 3: I hope you do it again.
Speaker 2: Well we'll figure out, well, you know, we we do these things sporadically. You keep listening, we'll come up with something else. Okay, thanks, Well that's that's that's pretty convenient too. But I don't know if we could get in there. They they gave us a nice area yesterday. I think everybody was comfortable. The band was great, The winnakers were just great. I thought they were perfect, perfect and I hope that everybody got a chance to exchange some phone numbers and and make some friendships.
Speaker 3: That's all that matters, right, exactly, Have a good night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: All right, go take quick break here. Who we got coming up Mexico, Jimmy and Southey, got Jamie and Wooster, Gary and Mona. We're going to carry this to the end tonight. This, this has again exceeded my expectations. We had a subject that we were going to talk about tonight, which is the arrest of the judges by the Trump administration. We'll get to that, I'm sure tomorrow night, which is which is fine. We might get to the Canadian election tomorrow night. Who knows. We just it's important to me. I hate to turn a subject off when the callers are interested, and clearly the callers are interested in this one tonight. Back on night Side right after these quick messages.
Speaker 1: If you're on night Side with Dan Ray on WAZ Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get right back to it. Gonna go to Jim and South Austin. Jimmy, you were next on niceight. Welcome man, Jimmy there. Okay, we'll put jim on hold, no problem. If people aren't ready, they're not ready. We'll just keep rolling here, going to get to Mona in Halifax. Hi, Mona, how are you welcome?
Speaker 5: I mean, Dan bring in program as usual.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much. You're very kind to say that. What is your thought in this case?
Speaker 6: I really don't know a lot about it, But my opinion is there was alcohol involved, and all kinds of things happen, and that's involved from experience, not yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: It's sometimes it can it can lead in bad places. And what do they also say, nothing good happens after midnight, So certainly nothing good here happened after midnight.
Speaker 6: That's that's my opinion. But when they do want to know a lot about my Niecess live in Galway and once in Salt Hills Country, Galway, Ireland. So I just call them and they know all about it.
Speaker 2: So they're following it over there. Okay, that's interesting, Yeah, following over there closely. Huh.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 6: When I was there on October and we're asking me all about it, I said, I really don't know. He said, you don't know. I really wasn't into it, So I really, you know, that's my opinion.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they have a lot of newspapers over there that that pick up on all things American, and particularly things in America that involve boyfriend, girlfriend and scandals and you know, and you know there's a there's.
Speaker 6: All the guests, then the computer parts. Yeah, yes, that's my opinion. I just had a quick question for you. At nine o'clock. You had a guest on for about the eyesight and the website. What was the website.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the website, it wasn't nine o'clock, It was actually eight forty five. It is during the enclock hour, and it's bemyeyes dot com. And that is a website in which people who are you know, their vision is compromised, or for that matter, they're totally lined can call this website and get some help with and and you know, the other thing which I would suggest you might do is if you go tomorrow to Nightside on Demand, you can go back and listen to that interview because Joan Hamilton is the woman. She's from Boston, originally lives in Alaska. She's a loyal Nightside listener, and she explained how that she was actually able to help a blind person who I guess had disconnected inadvertently knocked over something in their house cables and even though she was blind, she was able I guess with limited vision to be able to to with Jones assistance help re configure where her where her cable outlets should connect to the television, and she got.
Speaker 6: I did hear that.
Speaker 2: Anyone can go to our website, which is Nightside on the Mean dot com and Rob will have tonight's show as he does every night by about three o'clock in the morning. The first it's the hours of posted in reverse form, so eleven, ten, nine to eight, and you can go in and listen to it. There's a couple of commercials you've got to listen to the price of the convenience, But go in and listen to it and it'll But as I say, if you just wanted it's it's simply as I said to you, Bemiyes dot com and that's the website. I'll get you there. Okay.
Speaker 6: Yes, this was a friend of mine that has seen you know, has a major problem with eyes, and yeah, I'm just going to pass the information onto him.
Speaker 2: There are millions of volunteers, millions of volunteers. It's an incredible organization that I knew nothing about until Joan called the other night. Thank you so much, Mona.
Speaker 6: As well, and then just one more thing. Next time you're having a gathering, could you please have it on the side shore.
Speaker 2: Well, we were kind of on the south shore. We were Westwood. I know that's not the south Shore, but well, you know, we tried to. We picked a location and we had a great turnout with.
Speaker 6: So interesting. I couldn't have come yesterday, and it was in New Hampshire. I have a granddaughter that's becoming a first time mother in May and ninth, so we went up to visits with her.
Speaker 2: That means acause yesterday, yesterday my son and daughter in law presented us with our first granddaughter. We have a grandson, so we were we were presented with a beautiful baby girl last night. Really I haven't met her yet. I'll meet her tomorrow. She had a swath of red hair, which kind of in my family, although I was family, yes, yeah, so so I'm very is a great.
Speaker 6: My first great grandchild. Imagine that.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think. I don't think I'll be around for the great grandchildren, Mona.
Speaker 6: I used to think the time just plays, and here I am.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna hopefully get a good picture with her tomorrow and and post it.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: She uh is named Caroline Ruth is her name.
Speaker 6: So my great grandchild is due on May nine, So I went up to visit my granddaughter in Rochester, New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: For you.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you so much, Dan.
Speaker 2: Thanks mon, have a great night. All right, let's keep rolling. You're gonna go to Jamie and Worster. Jamie you next nights.
Speaker 4: I go right ahead, Jamie, You're right to the points here. For all the people with the charlcase.
Speaker 5: One of the things that.
Speaker 4: Fascinates me about this as I heard it last two years is the whole thing with the dog bites and my fear that led me to believe that there was some sort of physical alplication in the house, because I don't think the dog was directed to attack that person well, Keith, but I think that those two gotten sheeted argument, and then it got it to be a physical application. And what is a dog gonna do when its owner is when he fails that its owner is threatened?
Speaker 2: Oh sure that yeah, but the data assumes that assumes that he get into the house. Uh. And today the forensics that were discussed by the forensic expert. As we mentioned earlier on the program, a fellow named Ian Whitten, who works with a company called Celebrate, a digital intelligence expert, basically argued that John O'Keeffe's cell phone if they were able to I guess what you and I would call ping the cell phone at different points during the night. And the cell phone, which all of us have learned to keep close to ourselves. And I don't know about you, but I checked my cell phone fifty times a day. Is it in my pocket?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in my pocket because you're terrified of losing it, right, And it showed that the cell phone never got into the house, and that it was on the front lawn, and that during that period from oh, you know, the twelve thirty or so at night when supposedly he was dropped off, until six o'clock in the morning when his body was finally discovered in the midst of the snowstorm, that the temperature of the cell phone battery had dropped from eighty to thirty seven, which would.
Speaker 4: Also mean just maybe the physical altercation occurred outside then.
Speaker 2: But here's my question, And I keep asking everyone the same question, and people seem to ignore the question. You're telling me that if all of a sudden there's some police inside the house or outside the house, and and and he suffers a fatal blow, whether he fell down or whatever, they're gonna basically say, oh, leave him on the lawn or put him on the front lawn. That that a bunch of cops are going to say that. That's not the way cops think, in.
Speaker 4: My opinion, Yeah, no, that is an interesting point. But maybe I'm thinking no, I mean, I'm a was thinking it. I'm thinking he maybe stormed out of a house, say'd screw you guys, you know, and they followed him outside and then they got an altercation and the dog got in the way, and he fell and hit his head and something like that, you know, and they're like, well.
Speaker 2: That happened. Let's let's assume that happened that way. Okay. You don't think that the police officers at that point even that, even if they really didn't like him, that they're going to say, hey, let's get an empt over here and see what's going on. Let's see if we can save this guy's life. I mean, you know, you hit, you hit, you push somebody okay, and they fall down and you realize they've been hurt, you're gonna just walk away and say, hey, let them die. I mean no, normal people are gonna say, Okay, who's got who's got CPR? What do we get? What can we do here? You know, Okay, let's call the EMTs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's wrong. If they're all the.
Speaker 2: More reason when you're hammered, all the more reason. If you're hammered, you're gonna say to you said, oh my god, this is not you. You get sober pretty quickly under those circumstances.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good point. That's a good point yet. And anyways, anyways, I'll let you go, but one quick, quick, quick question for you. Sure not to do with Karen Read. But it's just because I thought of you the other day when the whole I was watching the Red I was listening to the Red Sox news. I heard about Jared and the whole thing with Cleveland. I just want to know what you're that.
Speaker 2: I was just a pall that some knuckleheads. I've seen that behavior in ballparks. I think I've told the story. I remember one time. It's gonna be twenty years ago when Albert Bell was playing for the Indians. Now, Albert Bell was ripped, Okay, I mean this guy had muscles on muscles if you remember a yeah, And I'm not saying that he was an altar boy, don't get me wrong, Okay, but he was one of the guys that Red Sox fans don't like. Fine, boom them whatever you want, give him a rash whatever. But there were these four or five, like I don't know, eighteen or nineteen year old who if they met Albert Bell on Lansdowne Street after the game, it would have been, oh, hello, mister Bell, you have an autograph, and they're they're half in the bag and they're you know, the yelling stuff at him, you know, I mean the only thing. Yeah, I mean it didn't thank god, it didn't get racial.
Speaker 4: But it was, you know, I was hard by someone would make any comments about what he opened up, then you know, well.
Speaker 2: That's exactly it. It's like way out of bounds. And you got to give the Cleveland baseball team and Major League Baseball some some credit on it. They threw the guy out. You know, it's it's just it's out of bounds. It's like it's like it'd be like if all of a sudden, you know, he was going through a divorce. Let's say, okay, and someone wanted to go, you just don't go. You don't go there with people call him a bum. Hey you I hate the Red Sox, or I love the Indians or what are their guardians or whatever you want, but just you know, it's like that. It's like those two more runs in New York who were trying to grab the glove of Mookie Betts last year during one of the playoffs. It's like, you know, you know, those guys are out there. That's their job to play baseball. Your job is to go watch, not to try to jump. I love the people who run out in the middle of the field and they get they get hit by some security guard and it's like, or I love the people. There's been a few people who have been that's enough to run out on NFL fields and all of a sudden, every sub linebacker that levels the guy from the blind side. Mean, it's a you know, the show, isn't you The show's the game. Let the players play uh and uh and and and don't don't hit him, behold it below the belt.
Speaker 4: I was actually excited. I was actually really happy at Cleveland. He took really immediate acts.
Speaker 2: He did. Give him credit. Give him credit absolutely. Hey, thanks Jamie, talk to you soon. Here comes the news at the bottom of the hour, and I now for the first time, have one line at six one seven thirty and I have one line at six one seven. Take your choice. When we get back, we're going to get a report in the Canadian election from Greg and Ontario. Jimmy from South Boston is called back. I want to make sure Jimmy's there when when When we get to him this time, Rob okay uh. And we'll continue to talk about the Karen Reid case.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: And if if we run out of steam there, I got a couple of other times topics. Stay with us here on Nightside on a Monday night.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on wz Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones, you go. Let me go to Greg and Ontario. Greg is our Canadian political reporter. Up there is so designated last week, Greg, it looks as if the Liberal Party has won.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Dan, it looks like they squeaked this one out here. I'm really kind of shocked at it. But I think I see what's happened here today with the voters is it's interesting because the Conservatives actually gained thirty seats, which is pretty good, pretty phenomenal. And what happened was all the northern part of Canada and into the east in the far north areas were usually strong NDP And it looks like they've abandoned the NDB party DP Party and they've actually switched over and went liberal because as it stands right now, the Liberals are actually at a loss of two seats, but they've gained because of what the NDP lost. And in a sense, and and and what so.
Speaker 2: What does the the what does n d P stand for?
Speaker 8: That's a New Democratic Party?
Speaker 2: Okay? And is that sort of our equivalent of Bernie Sanders and uh and and AOC or are they are they more moderate? Are they like the Bill Clinton Democrats? Where are they on the spectrum compared to what we think of as the Liberal Democratic Party?
Speaker 8: Yeah, they would be more along the lines of the AOC and that type of Okay.
Speaker 2: So they have they have thrown their lot in with the Liberals party.
Speaker 7: That yeah, the.
Speaker 8: Peace Yeah, you're right there, Yeah, the n d P and the block even some of the block Court Aqua from Quebec, they've lost eight seats, so they they flipped and they went liberal in some of these ridings. So there's in Canada, there's three hundred and forty three seats or ridings across the country. Yeah, and it takes one hundred and seventy two to get a majority government. And right now, yeah, so right now as it stands, the numbers are one forty eight seats for the Conservatives at one hundred and fifty eight for the Liberals. So it's going to be a minority government for the Liberals. And in a sense, what we're going to have here, unfortunately, is what we've had here for the last four years, are the Trudeau government. Because usually what happens is the Liberals and the NDP hook up at the hip a little bit to get bills passed. And in the Bloc Quebecqua they could go kind of either way with Conservative or Liberals when it comes to passing bills and laws, and what's where they side. So I'm kind of in the popular vote is the Liberals have a forty two point seven percent popular vote and the Conservatives are sitting right now at a percentage loss at forty one point seven.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a US election. It's very close, and I don't think that Donald Trump helped the Conservatives up there by his incessant will make Canada fifty first straight state, that's absurd. It's never going to happen. Canadians, you know, liberals are or conservatives are not going to want to. First of all, it can happen. I mean, it's Canada is a protectorate of Britain of England. It's it's it's it's it's monarch is King Charles. I think that I don't know if Donald Trump understands that, Yeah.
Speaker 8: We're definitely under that umbrella. You'd be surprised at how many Canadians really don't kind of associate themselves with that.
Speaker 2: Oh I understand, but it's still it's don't In order for that to have happened, you'd have to have like sixty or sixty five percent at the Canadian and say, oh, yeah, this is a great idea become the fifty first state. That would be lunacy in my opinion.
Speaker 8: In my opinion, yeah, it would be if highly unlikely. I know we've gone through this in the past where that those talking points came about. But I got to tell you now, this is my opinion. So I'm sixty five. I've watched this country do things well, actually not do a lot of things that should have done. And basically what we're getting here, in my opinion again is Mark Karney, which is Trudeau two point zero. He's got the same cabinet members around him. And I'm at the point in my life dead. I really am. I really am at this time. I am going like I'm thinking to myself, geez, you know, maybe the fifty first state thing isn't bad idea, because there's nobody else that's going to come in this country and get this country going like it should be. I I don't get it. I just don't.
Speaker 2: You gotta find your own homegrown Brian mulrooney, that's what you have to do out there, in my opinion. Hey, Greg, thanks for checking in. Give me a call later on during the week when the dust settles and we'll get more of your analysis. Very helpful. Thank you very much.
Speaker 8: Okay, Dawn the problem take care.
Speaker 2: Thanks Greg. Let's keep rolling here. Going to go to Glenn, who was prominent at the event yesterday and in Westwood, Glenn, Welcome, how are you tonight?
Speaker 7: Well, yesterday was the best day of my life. Literally, I mean I felt like I was the man of the hour. I actually think it might have been. I gave out two business cards, one to Christina and wonderful guy named Steve. Now, some woman, this is funny. I'll take you quick. Some woe would come up to me and goes, higuin, I'm Loorie from Canton. I'm your new wife. And I said, let me give you my She goes, no, I just want to say hi, and then she went off. She wouldn't take my business card.
Speaker 2: But well that that is not what I would call a serious relationship there. I think she might have been standing metaphorically at.
Speaker 7: Those points and cheek yeah. Because of that song that they did for me, the Winnakers, that was funny. Well, they did what I asked them to do. I said, try to get me a Republican group and they cried, so glad.
Speaker 2: You can't give up here. You're too young, You're too young to give up on this. Okay, there's someone out there, trust me. Okay, you never know. I mean, we're not going to turn this into a dating show. No, I know, but but obviously any of the uh you know, the beautiful listeners who would who would love to meet you. Uh you know again that they know they know how to find you, that's for sure. But it was a pretty good day nonetheless, even though you're still single today, right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: I still think as as my friend Ron would say, mission accomplished.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you met a lot of nice people.
Speaker 7: I can't. Well, yeah I did. I mean, considering how busy it was, it was kind of.
Speaker 2: You know, it was busy, trust me. I know I was there for two seatings and never had anything to eat, which is funny. Yeah, characteristic.
Speaker 7: I noticed on my way out, poor Ron. I had to go to New Hampshire. That's when all the old radis were like, hi, Gwinn, I heed you on the radio, and I'm like, well, I'm not trying to be rude, but my driver has to leave now.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 7: It's like, I'm trying to not be rude to him, but not hold him up.
Speaker 2: That was kind of you have to balance a lot of interest here.
Speaker 7: I had to jug here was.
Speaker 2: A celebrity of sorts, and uh, there were people who were asking for you and people who saw you out and I'm glad that you enjoyed the day, and I'm sure they enjoyed meeting you as well. We will we'll do something again, Okay. But that was one that I thought was it was a huge success.
Speaker 7: And there was. But well, very quickly I was calling on the Karen Reid thing. I think she should be indicted from antlatter. I think she killed him by accident, not murder her. That's what I told Rob. I just there was boozing. I mean, drinking and driving, as you know, don't mix, especially when they're selling the ground. And I agree with you, you're not supposed to if a CoP's die and on the you're not supposed to just say, oh well, it's not my problem.
Speaker 2: No, I know. But I also think that the human instincts should have kicked in, right, I agree with which, which which tends to make me think that I'm not sure he get into the house of mad. My friend Loler in San Diego is convinced of it, and I'm keep being an open mind. I also want to make sure that I listened to what the evidence is in front of the jurist. That's right, And because they are juries tend to take their responsibilities very seriously. So let's let's see what gets in. I thought that the prosecution has had a couple of good days. And now you would expect that because the prosecution is the one that's uh uh you know, that's calling the witnesses and leading the testimony. But I thought that today it was pretty uh, pretty interesting. We'll see, we'll see what happened. In my final comment, go.
Speaker 7: Ahead, yeah, you know what, I hope you do some Friday in that at eleven take a survey, do you right? Which should we keep jury system who it is or have paid professional judges, which I would prefer. I wanted to do away with cherry of your peers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think jury of your peers is pretty much in the Constitution, and I.
Speaker 7: Think, wow, i'd like to see I think it's outmoded. But that's just me.
Speaker 2: Well, it may be, there may be some things that are out motive. The Constitution can be amended, but it takes uh, it takes a couple of votes in Congress and three quarters of the states.
Speaker 7: And our Constitutional Convention.
Speaker 2: Uh that's I think you don't hold your breath on that one, glad. Okay, trust me, Okay, I know There are a lot of people who who talk about it, but it's that's even you know why.
Speaker 7: I just old j Simpsons the ver, you know, the joke. Everybody knows he's guilty except Alan Dershowitz. Remember that was a joke back in October benty five.
Speaker 2: I understand that, but again, that's I'm an infallible Look, you know, it is not an infallible process. It may be the second worst legal process of any nation in the world. Uh, and all the others are the first worst.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know I've heard that.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks, I gotta run, Thank you much, Thank you, talk to you soon. Good night. Coming right back on Night's Side, we got Bill, Jimmy and Tim. I got a little room if you want to try six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. We've done three hours in Karen Reid, and I'm more than happy that we have. We can put our Karen weed Read materials away until until the next significant witness comes on and we'll well, we'll follow it for you during the day and I want you to be able to be prepared weird at night to uh to take it up back on night Side right after.
Speaker 1: This Night Side with Dan Ray I'm telling you Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Back we go. Let's get him everybody in. Next up is Jimmy in South Boston. Jim wasn't there before, but I hope he's here now. Jimmy garright ahead.
Speaker 9: I am here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we lost it before. What's on your mind tonight? Give give us your take on the Karen Read case.
Speaker 7: Jim My take is.
Speaker 9: I you know, you talk about the evidence, and you talk about the experts, and I honestly am just baffled by the fact that I've never seen if you're supposed to go for the truth, why is it that the prosecution is working so hard to get rid of experts? I don't get it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: First first, well, I'll give you an answer to that. Okay, First, first, first of all, there are a lot of experts out there who are either prosecution experts or defense experts. And you know, if you're a prosecutor, your case is to represent the people. It's the people versus the defendant. And if you're taking the case, you better well be prepared to believe that the case should result in a conviction. I mean, you do not take a case as a prosecutor from an ethical point of view and say, you know, I'm really not sure, but let's try to convict this person. That's not what it's all about.
Speaker 9: That's my point exactly. Is it seems to me that they're not taking it from an ethical point of view. Fine, well, it sounds.
Speaker 2: To me like you're convinced of her innocence. Do you do you leave open the possibility that that you could be wrong in this case?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 9: Yes, But as I watched the evidence, in the amount of evidence that shouldn't even be allowed in the courtroom, when they when they come out with an evidence bag that says, by the way, I follow this by default, my wife is completely absorbed in it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 9: It's when they bring an evidence bag that says sweatshirt on it and there's three different pairs of types of clothing within that bag, or they bring out a bag that says two pieces of clear glass in two pieces of clear glass, and four pieces of red glass come out of that bag, there's a serious problem.
Speaker 2: Well, again, I have not watched it as closely as your wife. I have confidence, and I certainly have confidence in an attorney's Yannetti and Jackson, they're going to do their dondas to make sure she is not convicted. I also know the prosecutor a little bit. I'm not close friends with any of them, but I think that they are legitimate lawyers, and I think that they believe in the case they're putting in. Simple as that, Okay.
Speaker 9: I understand that. I just so I try and just follow the evidence, I guess.
Speaker 2: And let's continue. We'll continue to follow the evidence. Jim, I got three more I got to get in here, so I'm gonna let you run for now. But I appreciate your call, and I appreciate your perspective. Thank you. Good night. Let me go to Bill in New York. Bill, you were next time Nightsiger.
Speaker 7: Right ahead, Bill, Hey, Dan, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Hey perfectly? I assume you're following this case in New York.
Speaker 5: Too, Yes, I uh previous.
Speaker 10: He's from Massachusetts, moved up here a couple of years ago, and when I moved up here, that just happened, and I was like, Wow, that's really crazy. But I want to kind of debunk your theory on what the police would they really he just put him out in the yard.
Speaker 2: Give it you give it your best shot.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, all right, Well, I think what happened is, uh, he went inside the house, an altercation ensued, and they said, hey, you know what, he'll uh, we'll throw him outside. We beat the the bag out of him. We'll throw him outside, he'll find his way home and then uh, well we'll take care of it tomorrow. And well tomorrow comes and there's a dead guy in the yard.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, that's fine, that's that's possible. I guess, well, I guess it's possible. How do you explain the phone that the temperature of the phone, the phone not moving forensically in staying. Do you think he lost his phone on the front lawn when he went in the house.
Speaker 10: May have, may have, but he could have gotten he could have gotten the bag beat out of him as soon as he in the house and then.
Speaker 2: Along right, I can't Yeah, that's a legitimate theory. All right, Bill, I appreciate it. I got two more I gotta get to. But you said it well, and you said it quickly and makes me think, which is what the show is all about. Thank you man taught to you.
Speaker 7: Thank you Dan.
Speaker 10: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: What what's we're in New York? Ye? Up? There Rochester, Syracuse. You where you.
Speaker 10: Located, Watertown right outside of for Drum.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know that area very well. Thanks, talk to you soon. Good night. Let me go next to Tim and Wilbert. Tim, welcome back. Great to see you yesterday.
Speaker 5: It was great to see you. I don't know what's gonna happen. I've followed this all along life and just stopped. I've paid attention to the news. I think he's going to do a little time.
Speaker 2: So you think some former fashion is going to come back with a guilty.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think he's going to do some time. Not how much, I don't know, but anyhow, Uh.
Speaker 2: That'll depend what what what the jury, if the jury comes back with the conviction, and on what what count. The more serious murder too, is gonna cause great, you know, gonna penalize her more. But let's see, let's just see how it goes let's follow the cases it goes along. I'm trying to focus on what happens on a day to day basis, and when I see a day in which I think there's some when I see a day in which I see some excalplatory evidence, we'll talk about that as well.
Speaker 5: But I hope she don't. Also, right, when I was saw you yesterday, the lady I was with Donna, she took him to I'll pitch you excellent. Anyhow, you look like a million bucks. You brought it over today and he told me to thank you. You look like a million You on me a side by side and she hid up.
Speaker 2: Sure we both looked like a million I'm sure we both look like a million bucks.
Speaker 5: Tim okay, and also Tommy, Tommy Romeo. Yeah, the guy you talked to.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that'd be great. You say hi to him. Tim put me in the phone, and the buddy of his Tim, I appreciate. I got a run. I gotta get one more in Okay, Thanks Pal, I'll talk to you soon. Let me go to Rick and Duver. Rick, we got about a minute for you. You have called late, but I'll give you what I got.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, all right, Dan, just real quick. A person supposed to be viol guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Correct, She's already had one trial. It seems to me if she wasn't convicted in the first trial, why are they getting the sucond bite at the apple.
Speaker 2: Because the jury came back with no. The jury did never returned to verdict. So was. The jury is obligated to come back either as guilty or not guilty. They don't go back saying innocent. It's either guilty or not guilty. And they were unable. I know there was some confusion, but there was no verdict returned on any of the three counts. Simple as that.
Speaker 4: Trials. She wasn't found guilty or not guilty. That means she wasn't found guilty.
Speaker 2: But the jury, the jury, the jury is obligated. The jury cannot end as a hung jury. They can end as a hung jury. That it's up the prosecution whether they decide to retry the case. That's just the way the system works. Rick, I got a run. I'm flat out of time. I wish she called earlier. Interesting call. Have a great night, all right. I want to thank everyone who was with us in Westwood yesterday. I want to thank Rob Marita who showed up. She was the hit of the party. I want to thank her for her work today. And I'll remind you was always all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pal Charlie Rayes, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's all your pets are who passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. Hope see you in tomorrow night on nightside of a great Tuesday. Everyone, enjoy the weather this week and jump on board with us. Jump on to meta right now on Facebook with Dan Ray and I'll see him out a couple of minutes. Thanks very much everyone,