Speaker 1: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: We'll see on the radio every morning from six untill ten on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app and the and Tricia on Austin's eighties station one.
Speaker 1: Oh three point one.
Speaker 2: Right now is a big, big time for television sales because there's a lot of They're discounted in a lot of places because everyone wants to have the big giant TV for the big Game on Sunday.
Speaker 1: YEP.
Speaker 2: So somebody asked people money is no object, how big of a TV would you get? M we know what most people said, Yeah. Twenty percent of people said they'd go bigger than sixty five inches. That was the most popular answer, that.
Speaker 3: They would go bigger than sixty five bigger than sixty five.
Speaker 2: Eighteen percent said they'd go up to seventy five, twelve percent said eighty five six percent one one hundred inch television yeah, and seven percent said they grabbed the biggest one they could possibly find.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let you know that all those seventy five, eighty five hundred and biggest ones to can find, those are men. Those are men talking. I do in tier design on the side, and she's very good at it up, thank.
Speaker 4: You very much.
Speaker 3: I will let you know without fail when the guy is involved in the decorating of the house or especially a lot of times it's like a man cave. They want the biggest TV they can get, and I will try, and I'll be like, you, guys might be a little big, you're not gonna get far. They don't care. They always want the biggest TV they can get, of.
Speaker 1: Course, the biggest one that will fit in the space that they have.
Speaker 3: Like in a normal size like twelve by twelve room, TV is large enough that it would be like sitting in the front row of.
Speaker 4: A movie theater. It's too big for the space.
Speaker 2: I think the rule of thumb is like you should be eight to ten feet away from your television something like.
Speaker 1: There's some like depending on size and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but again it would be like sitting in the very front oh at the movie theater. As big as some of these TVs have gone that I've put in to people's places.
Speaker 2: You know, as much TV as you watch, Trisha, and you're like, my TV's fine, my TV's.
Speaker 4: Fine, my TV so old.
Speaker 1: I love it, I know. But if you got a new one, you would go, wow.
Speaker 3: But I don't need a new one. This one is doing me right. I've never had a TV.
Speaker 1: Lasses what if I got you one for your birthday?
Speaker 3: But I don't want a smart one because then I have to learn all this stuff. I've just got my little firestick plugged in and I like it like it is. But you don't want a better picture, better color, more pixel.
Speaker 4: I think it's a great picture.
Speaker 3: More stuff on it, more things that could go wrong, right, No, not with television. See, you're being very dudish about the TV right now. I think you need a bigger one, and I think.
Speaker 4: It's great for my room. You need a bigger one in the living room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure if you get one of those ones, spend a few extra bucks and get the frame.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you love that frame. You keep talking about it.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a it's a television that when it's not on television, you can put photos in it or work pictures.
Speaker 1: And my friend has one.
Speaker 2: I saw it and I remember walking into the room and there was a piece of art. It looked like a piece of art in the frame of the television. I was like, that's where you didn't have a television in here, and then he turned it on. I'm like, oh my gosh, I thought that was a framed photo right there. That's how good it is.
Speaker 3: You can also actually buy a frame, a physical frame to go around that TV too.
Speaker 1: Oh really, uh huh, you've looked into this.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm friends with the person you're friends the wife of the person you're talking about, so I know she and I chat.
Speaker 2: They're super cool. They're just called the frame, I think, and look him up on Amazon. I did see him like a decent size one was like nine hundred dollars. Yeah, there is a lot more than you pay for a regular.
Speaker 3: TV, right considering now you can go get a giant TV for like three hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can. Yeah, Raisy, I do.
Speaker 4: Want it now.
Speaker 3: I don't want a new TV for my birthday. You want me to have a new TV.
Speaker 1: I do. Maybe I'll just decide you need one.
Speaker 2: It makes my birthday present by a little bit easier.
Speaker 4: We have not settled on that yet.
Speaker 2: This is the Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station one O three point one. How much do the players get to play in the Super Bowl? Trician's got it for you in just a second. Hey, make sure you follow us on Instagram. It's at the Sandy Show Official. You can also shoot us a text anytime seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred stories We love.
Speaker 3: This story is an example of the importance of having a good contract attorney when people are making making deals. Every player on the winning Super Bowl team on Sunday will get one hundred and seventy one thousand dollars bonus from the NFL. Some of them are going to get even more things to the bonuses that are negotiated into their contracts. For instance, Eagle's running back Saquon Barkley, he gets five hundred thousand dollars from his team if he leads.
Speaker 4: Them to the Lombardi Trophy.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yep.
Speaker 3: He's already earned a million dollars in incentives this season, including two hundred and fifty thousand dollars for winning the NFC Championship. Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts will earn five hundred thousand dollar per year salary bump if Philly wins the Super Bowl. Oh wow, one time going forward if they win on Sunday, extra half a millionaire.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Kansas City quarterback Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: He gets one and a half million dollars salary bump if the Chiefs pull off a three peet, meaning again moving forward every year. And just so you know that one hundred and seventy one thousands that all the winner is going to get. That's up from one hundred and sixty four thousand that they got last year.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, I think it's imploration.
Speaker 4: But don't despair the losing team.
Speaker 3: Every one of those players will get ninety six thousand dollars for something.
Speaker 2: You'll you think, NFL, oh, that's not much money, but there's guys in the team that are not making the millions.
Speaker 1: That's a nice chunk of chance.
Speaker 2: Some of the new ones, yeah, some of the young later draft picks. You know, there is an NFL minimum. I don't know what that is now. It's nice, but still, who wouldn't no matter how much money you're making, who would scoff at a one hundred and seventy thousand dollars extra, right?
Speaker 3: Or if you lose a smooth and ninety six thousand, Yeah, it's an extra one hundred thousand dollars in your pocket.
Speaker 1: What a great life, I know.
Speaker 4: But again.
Speaker 3: This is why we got You gotta have good people negotiating your contracts, that's for sure, that's true.
Speaker 2: Get the professionals to do that. That's what they do, you know what I mean? Right, They make a lot of money too, because they got to pay them. That's right, right, that is the story.
Speaker 1: We love.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl Sunday is coming up. We've got more coming up.
Speaker 4: To need extra cash in your life?
Speaker 1: The thousand dollars pay day is back this morning at nine. Sure, So, how many spam calls a day do you get?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say lately nine nine a day. I get them randomly in groups of three. Yesterday was the first time that I got the groups of three calls started at like seven thirty in the morning.
Speaker 2: You left your phone in my room the other day and I was doing some stuff and your phone just blew up with calls, all of.
Speaker 4: Them spam calls, telemarketer calls. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, and this is because I feel like, God, when will I learn to never say never? Because about three or four months ago, my friend Tasha was showing us screenshots of all the telemarketer and spam calls, and I was like, yeah, that never happened to me. I was like, I've never had any issue with them. Damn if it's not happening to me now, like crazy. So I had this a little while. I would answer him and hang out, thinking if the computer didn't detect anybody answering it or a voicemailed, that it would think it was a bad number that didn't really work. Then I went through to where I'm I'm blocking every call. That doesn't matter because it's a computer on the other end just regenerating new numbers. So I went onto the Do Not Call list. That website is donocall dot gov to make sure my phone was registered. My phone is registered, It's been registered since two thousand and nine.
Speaker 4: Nobody cares.
Speaker 3: I am getting texts and calls constantly, so I read what do you do if you're still getting calls? If you're on the do not Call registry, here's what they say to do to stop it. Every single time you get a robo call or a spam call, you go to the website and you file a complaint, which consists of the phone number that the call came from, the exact minute the call came in, and what the subject of the robo call was, and you're supposed to do that every time you get an unwanted call. It would be like a part time job for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no way. There's no way to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess your phone would have the number in it and the time that it came in saved, so you could sit down and do it all at once, right.
Speaker 3: But then I would have to sit there and listen to the voicemail to find out what it is that they're trying to sell me because I didn't have to categorize what the call was about, which, by the way, isn't that exactly what these rebel calls are wanting you to do?
Speaker 1: Listen today?
Speaker 3: The other day, I had had enough and I decided to answer one because I was going to be like, you better take my number off of this do not call me again. And it was a computer that said, we have an important message for you, and then it just went silent and eventually hung up my message.
Speaker 2: I do know that the fines are pretty steep for people that make phone calls to people that are not on the do not call list. I know this because I have my mortgage license. Yeah, and that's part of the study when you prepare to take the exam that you have to know. And so I would bet that those calls are coming from outside of the country, you know what I mean, that where the law that doesn't apply.
Speaker 4: Does it apply to them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I've tried everything. I mean, I don't know what to do. But it's unmanageable. It's super annoying.
Speaker 2: I just registered my number in the time that we had chatting registered before. No, I didn't know that, and it did register it and says most te markers will be required to stop calling you thirty one days from your registration date.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Mine has been registered since two thousand and nine and it's supposed to never expire.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I'm very, very not happy.
Speaker 3: So if anybody knows of a way to fix this beyond me making my second job writing down the phone numbers and reporting them, please let me know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, send us a text at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred.
Speaker 1: Trition is very.
Speaker 4: Upset about that, very angrim airn it out right now?
Speaker 2: Is what's happening? Stick around more coming up on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one and streaming at one O three to one Austin dot com. It's The Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one O three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app Trician's got three questions for me and wrappid fire qn A. Those are coming up and just a second. Thanks for being with us. Grab the Sandy Show podcast where you get your podcast. Hey, we love hearing from you too, so shoot us a text at seven three seven three zero one ninety six one hundred Ready.
Speaker 4: I'm ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 1: As the question, I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Here we go, Sandy.
Speaker 3: Question number one, what is the best compliment you've ever received?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a question. I don't get a lot of compliments. Really, No, I mean, I guess the great compliment is where I two one came from our daughter.
Speaker 1: It wasn't really a direct compliment.
Speaker 2: She just said I love hanging out with you, which is not really a you know what I mean, I guess it is a compliment. Yeah, but she and I do some stuff together and we just enjoy hanging out with each other. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are those your Trisha's not invited dates?
Speaker 1: Yes, so they are. We have TNA dates.
Speaker 2: We call them Tricia not allowed, and it's where she and I go out and we go out to dinner on the weekends, we go to breakfast, We just do stuff together.
Speaker 1: We hang out, right, And it's nothing against you.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know I'm not gonna lie. It stings a little bit sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're also not gonna lie, go ahead and admit that you kind of enjoy that you enjoy having the house to yourself, Go ahead.
Speaker 4: I mean I do sometimes.
Speaker 3: But you know, when I really don't care, when you'll go to that one barbecue restaurant that I don't like. That's a lot of times where y'all go out mad. That's like our spot. Yeah, it's like where you go to because you know I won't go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, You're exactly right. Another compliment also when I when I hear from our listeners that they love the show, that's a nice compliment.
Speaker 1: It's nice to hear.
Speaker 2: It's a very this job sometimes you wonder, you know, it's very subjective. You wonder if anybody likes what you're doing. It's called being insecure.
Speaker 3: Camp All right, Sandy, here's another one. Would you rather go camping or would you rather go to the beach? And I ask you this because I know you hate them both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do not like camping. I do not like the beach.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say the beach because for several reasons, Okay, normally, I think the beach would be closer to like civilization, you know. I also think that there won't be a lot of bugs at the.
Speaker 1: Beach, though there might be.
Speaker 2: And it's just if you're at the beach, that means you're you can leave, you know, it's all you're not spending the night on the beach, you're sleeping on it. With camping, you're sleeping where you're camping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: There's people that love camping. It's just not my thing.
Speaker 2: I just you know, I've always said, why do you work your butt off all week long to go pretend like you're homeless?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. And it's quite a just all the stuff.
Speaker 3: But I mean, have you seen some of the setups now, like with the RV's or the campers or the amazing tents. I mean it's I don't think it's just a tent on the ground with a sleeping bag kind of thing that's camping.
Speaker 1: To me.
Speaker 4: It can be, but it doesn't have to be Yeah, just.
Speaker 1: Not my thing.
Speaker 4: And the beach beach, there's so much fun to hang out with.
Speaker 1: I know, I really am.
Speaker 3: Last question, if you could, would you rather travel to the past or to the future.
Speaker 1: That's a great question.
Speaker 2: I think I would want to go Oh, I think I were going to go to the future because I've already lived the past.
Speaker 1: You like, I would not want to go back. I would rather go to the future.
Speaker 2: I could see what what our daughter is like years down the road, to what technology has changed. Yeah, if the world has blown up, you know what I mean, I sure would be kind of cool.
Speaker 3: But you know how we talked about recently, like what is our favorite most fun time in our life? And like we books have like right in our thirties early thirties, Did you want to.
Speaker 4: Go back and do that again?
Speaker 2: No, No, no, I wouldn't. I mean, it was fun, but I wouldn't want to do that again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of fun, but it's had a lot of damage to my body back then.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go right, that's true. Yeah, we all did. That's rapid fire. Q and A.
Speaker 2: She's Trisha. My name is Sandy stick around. We've got more coming up. Thanks for listening. We'll see you on the radio every morning from six until ten on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app