Speaker 1: Well, they say it's Halloween or October thirty one, twenty twenty five. Allegedly, according to that thing we call a calendar, this show is live. Yeah, we went to air ten minutes late, but don't worry, we'll run over in the ten o'clock hour. And that's the way this is going to go on a Friday night. So if you're hearing us at let's look at the clock carefully. Eleven minutes after the hour of eight pm Eastern, we are live. Okay. Otherwise you're listening to a podcast and you can't call into a podcast that was already recorded. I've had to explain that more than once. Don't feel dumb in case it just hits you. Anyway, it is what it is Friday, and you can join us three one nine five two seven five zero one six. That's the number to call. That's where it's at if you want to join in on the and there you go. Now. I was supposed to do a live show earlier today, but I had to reschedule because you know, hurting cats is difficult, and hurting people that are supposed to be JFK presenters at the Lancer conference and everything is apparently worse than hurting cats. So you know, just just having to make arrangements. Hopefully I can get these five or six people together again. And you know, again what am I saying again? Hopefully I can get these five or six people together during a couple hours span next Friday, because that's what I'm gonna do, all right. So next Friday, on the seventh, we will do the live JFK special thing to give you a preview for the Lancer Conference coming up in November, which you know starts tomorrow. Of course, Hey, don't forget. You got to reset your clocks too, in case the computers don't do it all for you or you got some old appliances. Clocks are getting reset, I think on Sunday, Yeah, the second, right, So there you go, November second, according to your calendar, you got to reset your clocks. But until then, November twenty first to the twenty third, I will be in Dallas, Texas allegedly because somebody's got to come and pick me up and drive me there. And I'm supposed to be the MC at the Lancer Conference. And I was going to do a preview show earlier today, but again hurting cats. So next week on the seventh, we'll give you that preview with some special guests and presenters and they'll each come in for their own little segment and give you an idea of what's going on there. What you can sign up for at Assassination Conference dot com. Use the code Ohelly ten and you get ten percent off, whether you're going in person or virtually. Okay, now I got all that out of the way, and I didn't even intend to start with that, but let's start with this. Unfortunately, I have to report to you, guys, if you're long listeners of this show, especially the Friday night call in show, we've had. We've had some regulars and semi regulars over the years, and people have joined us and gone away, and a couple of people have departed. One of them was a guy that we used to call van Archy, and that's the name he chose for himself. And he even made up drinking cups, you know, hot and cold mugs and T shirts that said van Arkey. His name was Vance and his actual last name was Johnson. I can't make it up. And he was what I thought of as my resident cowboy over here, because that's kind of what he did. For a living, working on ranches with horses and this kind of thing. And in case you got a vague memory and you're saying who was Vance, he was the guy that used to talk on here a lot because he was at the bar already and he would be trying to get his connection straight at the bar, and sometimes he'd be there playing poker. Matter of fact, we almost are organized, almost organized little poker online thing we were gonna do collectively, like the Ocelli Effect Poker Club, and we were all going to get together in an online forum and play poker online. A lot of that kind of inspired by Vance, who wanted to play and you know, and I'm a guy who likes playing cards and I enjoy poker. I'm no expert at it or anything, but I thought it would be a great community fun thing if we had a special little, you know, Ocelli effect group of people that did it network sort of, you know, that just got together and played cards online. But that never came to be. And unfortunately, our friend Lance a few weeks ago, which we all knew he was ill, you know, he went home. So honestly, I I was a little a little more upset about it than I thought I would be, and I showed up on the Saturday Night Anarchy show. I played that in replays a little bit, the portion I showed up for over there on the twenty four to seven network here, and I say good buy to my brother, because he was a guy who I felt a kinship to and I was more than happy to kind of introduce him into the world to talking on these podcasts and simulcasts and whatnot. He wound up going over to the New Prisoners thing, that Saturday Night Anarchy show they do on Rumble, and he was a resident there quite a bit in between being pretty pretty damn sick, and I would imagine that it's the cancer that got him. And what can I say, It's sad when somebody that you know was out there using his brain and engaging with people and even trying to make a difference there at tables and at the bar, whether he was playing cards or he was just holding court and having conversations, Which is funny because he made merch for himself based on the fact that he just kind of locally and in person had conversations with people and kind of became known in the area as the guy was going to talk your head off, but you'd learn something right. And he definitely had a differing point of view from almost all of us. And he was definitely about the healthy concept of anarchy, and you know, again, it's one of those things that rubs people the wrong way, but Vance was always a gentleman about it and had a sense of humor and was a good guy. And even though he wasn't recently on the show, I will miss him, and those of you who are listening back then will also miss him. At this point, there will be a ben like not a benefit excuse me, a tribute show that's going to go on on that other network, and I plan on simulcasting it when that happens. I think they're going to do it the Saturday after Thanksgiving. So anyway, VPTE, I've ran my mouth a bit, but for good causes, I think, so wanted to get those things out. And how has your week been? Before we get to the callers, I know we had one waiting and I haven't looked at it since because I was constant trading on what I was saying. But you know, how's your week been? As I shut down the doggies barking in the background so they can hear you.
Speaker 2: It's been a busy week trying to get a lot done outside. A few people called me up and had some last minute stuff they wanted done in their yards before it started getting cold. And it's been kind of rough here the past four days. Today second day of sunshine. Before that, we had a week of just cold, rainy, drizzly weather, miserable. And after seen Monday, I was able to get some stuff done.
Speaker 3: The next two days I was going stir crazy not being able to get outside.
Speaker 2: We're getting ready to kick off some reconstruction here, getting ready to run power out to the garage.
Speaker 3: Shuck up power out there at my shop. It's been busy.
Speaker 2: I've had contractors in and out all week giving me prices on stuff.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you, it ain't getting any cheaper out there, no matter what you want to get.
Speaker 1: Done, No whether you want to eat a meal or you want to actually get a job done, thing is cheaper, that's for damn sure.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: You might not want to say reconstruction too loud in North Carolina over there, they're having some heated arguments in your home state lately politically, I'm seeing some weird stuff online. I don't know if you want to comment on it or if you're paying attention to any of it. But yeah, there's some odd things happening in North Carolina. Looks like to me, I mean, but then again, you know, at a distance in the way the digital media warps the news. Who knows, is there like an odd sort of thing going on politically across the state or am I seeing exaggerations?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: A few weeks, I don't know what a month or so ago when they started talking about in California redistricting. They've passed this proposition to something or trying to get it past this election for redistricting out in California to fight the Maga Republicans from trying to keep a hold on Congress.
Speaker 3: And they did the same thing here in this state. They redistrict one district, which.
Speaker 2: Doesn't really make any sense because it's you know, it's pretty much a it's a toss up in this state depending on who's running.
Speaker 3: It can go Democrat, it can go Republican.
Speaker 2: It's we're really a purple state, roughly fifty to fifty. But they put all their emphasis into redistricting one district when they haven't even passed a budget yet they do this every year. They wait, they pass a budget, they don't get the budget and budget passed by the end of the physical year, so then they go into the next year and eventually they come up with something. Then they have to back pay everybody for the raises that took offense took effect while they were still arguing stuff out.
Speaker 3: It's just a big cluster.
Speaker 2: And it comes from this Republican legislature that we have in place that you know, their big concern is money for the party, money for the party, money for the party.
Speaker 3: Then we'll get around to everything else. Yeah, it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So welcome to American politics in twenty twenty five basically. But North Carolina, when I was there, I observed it it was already pretty rough. And you know, all this stuff they say is like newly divided. Seems like North Carolina was ahead of the trend. I don't know if I felt like I was in a purple state where I lived, but I got to tell you it didn't seem that way. But anyway, Hey, look the reality on the ground and what you might see in your own world might differ. I got to say something else before we go to the caller, though that as I look over this whole you know online battle people are havling over, you know, they're trying to like clap back at each other online about who's right and who's wrong over food stamps. You know, I gotta say something here. This is beyond stupidity. Neither side sees exactly how disastrous this can be, give in the way things are set up, and given our current economic circumstances, we could see a nasty tipping point that none of these you know pundits, none of these talking heads, none of these politicians, gives a damn about. And believe it or not, that government shut down in DC that most of us you know, or not most of us, but a lot of people that I know anyway, who are friendly to me, still think doesn't really matter. It's gonna matter big, and it's gonna matter big in a lot of ways. I think, who knows, Maybe we'll talk about that tonight. But it's up to the callers. And so I want to go to the first call who has been holding I think before we went to air uh, So let's get to him first, and anybody else who wants to join us at three one nine five two seven five zero one six. If you're hearing us live, you can join us three one nine five two seven five zero one six. And by the way, that's about twenty two minutes after eight pm Eastern here in what we used to call America. Just for the record, of course, if you're hearing the podcast, well you won't be able to call in. It's just that simple. Okay. Anyways, let's uh, let's get to the first caller, and I think he'll probably introduce himself.
Speaker 5: Well, I had this great Halloween intro all set up. I was going to come in and spent Dracula and say that spent Ken has entered the building to spent once here and all that. But man, I had no idea that Vance was gone and he was sick. He was awesome, and uh, I you know, I was always hoping I could, you know, link back up with him because I hadn't talked to him in a few years since we did that Wednesday show, the call in, and it was kind of like the Anarchy Show then, right, I mean.
Speaker 6: We had him and he was always on, and we had what.
Speaker 5: Was regular Joe was on air, and sometimes I think and uh was it the Nature Boy and you know this the big Anarchy show going on, and it was great. One of those epics shows we did was because Vance had Nature Boy read uh, you know, basically taking the whole showed. You know, there's just so much and he was so uh. He he had such good ideas and stuff. He was always there's optimistic, and I swear I don't I didn't know him as well as you do, Chuck. You know, in the long run, you like you kept up with him. I really kind of wish now I would have gone over checked out those other podcasts and the Anarchy guys and stuff. But you know, I kind of just stick with you when I have time. And that's that's it with with podcasting. I mean a year ago I did some uh you know, for about a half a year with Lee Peer doing that that Bottom of the Feed show. But I'm just not consistent doing shows, and you know, sometimes I get overwhelmed and I don't want to you know, you know what I'm saying. So I just never kept up with him. I was always meaning to get back to him, and he was a good dude. As far as agreeing with him, I don't think there's anything that we ever disagreed on. I mean, maybe you could find like us arguing about you know, it's the softer toilet paper, charmon or the leading brand that might be about it. He was spot on. We were like when it came down to talking about issues and things everything, we were tight. And he's I missed him. I miss him. I miss him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and absolutely look sorry, go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, no, no, I just like just saying, yeah, I mean, rest in power. You know, he's he's gonna be missed. I mean, we lost a good guy. The world is not as good as place as it was when he was here.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, that's almost exactly what I said on the Saturday Night Anarchy show last week when you know when I actually I first got the news last week, like right after this show, and I didn't know about it, and I was kind of like, you know, oh wow, you know, because it took a couple of weeks to reach us what happened, because he was sick and not around for a bit, you know, and we just all assumed he'd bounce back and come back around. And but but all those guys you just mentioned, look, nature boy's doing his own show. Regular Joe has, you know.
Speaker 3: Doing Trips.
Speaker 1: Captain Trips is with us. We haven't heard from Captain Trips in a bit. He's doing a personal thing. Regular Joe is like out in the world and doing his band again because he split up from the wife, and like he's doing a lot better as far as being happy and doing his own thing. And actually I wish I could get him on just to if he had time to come on and talk about it, because he's had a great old time. He's reunited his old band and they're actually playing gigs and he's having a good time with that. Nature Boy does his own thing, got his Third Rail show and something else I think another podcast he does. And you know, look, these guys have gone on to do other things, some of them, Advance had gone over there to do that with with some other guys you know, who were going to focus on more of the things he wanted to talk about. And he was going into deep dives and like academic papers even on different political philosophies that were you know, introduced the different battles with the unions and stuff like that in the early part of the twentieth century, and was actually going for some highly educational material about stuff that happened, and you know, options that people say they don't have regarding a whole bunch of different possibilities and how things could be organized differently, how people could you know, handle things a bit differently, et cetera. And I'm not saying that you or I disagree with them. It's just that I got you know, people wanted to debate him and this and that, and I think a couple of people did debate him on some of the shows, but it was always like really polite, you know, and he was like a gentleman about it all the time, even when people yelled at him, you know, because he was just that kind of guy. He was just completely chill. And like I said, he was like a cattle ranch guy, you know, out there doing that kind of hard work. And he was a little older than us, you know. But yeah, but he got sick a couple of like literally like two years ago, and he'd been battling with that past two years, you know, not making a big deal out of it, but it was something that you know, people knew if you knew him, and it was just you know, I don't know, man, it's just but I said exactly the same thing you did. Like moments after hearing about it, I was like, you know what, the world is not as good a place as it was before I knew this. It's just that simple because he was just you know, he made things just a little bit better being here. So that sucks, and you know, and there's.
Speaker 5: Like tons of people right now in this world that if they left the world would be a better you know.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Sucks always when you lose the good ones, you know, and it happens. It happens too often. Yeah, so not enough with the bat, I say, you know, geez right, so but yeah, no, you know, he was always knowledgeable too. He's very, very one of the most intelligent people I've ever talked to.
Speaker 1: Oh that was the other thing from what I.
Speaker 5: Remember, it's been it's been some years now, it's been a minute, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the other thing was he was.
Speaker 5: A regular Joe.
Speaker 6: It was cool to talk to him.
Speaker 5: Like last month was it when I I was on and he showed up and it was the first time we talked a few years.
Speaker 1: It might have been been like an over the show might have been like two months ago or ago like two months ago. I think, yeah, maybe months ago. Maybe b Pete didn't make it that night or something. I think.
Speaker 5: Might have been one of those VP was there, Jimmy James, there's somebody else, that guy from California. Oh, okay, there's there's there's a few people there. We were all, you know, bouncing around talking and stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a different night that b P didn't make it. Then, I'm you know what, I'm these things up because it's all one show to me now, the Friday night show, you know. And yeah, it's like goes on.
Speaker 5: You do so many shows. Yeah, unbelievable and it's amazing right there, Chuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's still one there's still one show up on my feed on my podcast feed that that Vance was still like kind of regular on the show back in twenty one, and so you know, that's still there. I shared it on Twitter too, just to like be like, hey, look here's one of the shows where Advance was, you know, still himself. And you know, look, I don't have too many I could probably dig some more out of the archive. I know there's tons of them that he participated in.
Speaker 5: But we had so many epic talks on those shows.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I mean there were just epic information being out there. I told Lee them mouth here about this. Yeah, I mean it's like, yeah, I don't know if we can go back and look up those shows, but there were so many great conversations with different people, knowledgeable people on that show. It's like one of the I told Lee, I think it was one of the best runs I had with with you know, for a couple of months there, and we just had these guys coming on and with all this information and like minded you know, voluntarioists or anarchists or whatever, and just going over history and talking all different things. You know, that's that's epic. We had some epic shows there and like some of the most fun at times for me. And I've done all kinds of crazy stuff like you have. But I you know that that he was a big part of that, you know, and I miss that. I mean, so you know again, rest in peace, rest and power, my brother.
Speaker 1: We're going to miss you exactly. And you know what for people that if people are listening to this and want us to go back to a format where we have calls, you know, on multiple days, I'm willing to do that. If people are willing to call in. That's the big key, because if nobody calls, it's kind of stupid. And uh, you know, if people are willing to call in, I mean, I don't want to recruit PP for a bunch of shows. But you know what, if you got another co host in mind. Uh, if you want me to just produce a show with two other guys, you know what, get to the feedback, let me know, Message me on Twitter, message me on Facebook, you know, send me an email, whatever, and let me know this is what we want to hear. I'm more than happy to go ahead and answer what the audience asked for. So you know, you guys out there were thinking, you know what, it would be better if we didn't have to hear Chuck and we got to hear be Pete with this guy. You know, if you want the bet Pete and Jimmy James hour, Uh, you know, let me know. I'll see if they'll agree to it. I can't you know, guarantee anybody agreeing to it, but I'll definitely try and make it happen if you guys request it. But you got to request it, so, uh, that's the way that is. And yeah, people got to join in so again, three one nine five two seven five zero one six. I can repeat that call and my slip that number in my sleep. Uh, three one nine five two seven five zero one six, and you can join in with this. So anyway, aside from that, what else is on your mind this week? Well, I'm just.
Speaker 5: Trying to have a fun Halloween. I decided to take off and just chill the night and talk to some friends and just kind of have a nice, easy, relaxing night. And I figured, you know what, I've never been on the Friday Show when it was Halloween, and I don't remember if we if you ever had one that we could have been on. Have you ever had a Friday night Halloween show?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess first we'd have to look back and see if we had. I know, I did a Halloween special some years ago and that kind of didn't go the way I planned it, but I was gonna have people on to talk about, you know, the history.
Speaker 5: Of Have you looked back, Yeah, through like since b PTE and you've been doing the Friday that's about about six years a little over maybe, so I don't know, like if Halloween didn't fall on a Friday between those years, you know that's as far back as I remember. I know you go way back farther and that was your shows. But I just don't remember a Halloween special ever on the Friday calling show, so this might be the first year, guys, It could be, But.
Speaker 1: Then again, VPTE also did other days where we did call in shows till we moved it to Friday as well, So I don't know. Let's let's take a look and see when the calendar went that way. I don't know VPT you got the ability to look stuff up right now, because I'm having a little troubles over here with my browsers.
Speaker 3: I was just looking at some I can't get. I'm trying to look for past days. It'll tell me in the future, of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you think on a Friday night in the last like six or seven years. I know there's a leap year in there and everything. So that's where it gets confusing. My math is gone, but there's probably I don't remember seeing a on a Halloween landing on a Friday in that period, but I could be wrong, and I don't remember as to that, that's for sure, but doesn't Again, I could be wrong.
Speaker 1: My memory tells me we had a mischief night call in show. Let's see I go at some point Halloween.
Speaker 2: Halloween has fallen on Friday in the years nineteen ninety eight, two thousand and nine, twenty fifteen, and then this.
Speaker 3: One so half years ago. No, No, we haven't had a not since I've been going.
Speaker 1: See my Friday call in special must have been in twenty fifteen, because that wasn't meant to be a call in show. Was meant to be like Halloween special about Halloween, and it didn't go well soften yeh fifteen.
Speaker 3: I don't think I was there Friday next year as well?
Speaker 1: You mean it's going to land again on Friday next year?
Speaker 3: Yep? Twenty six?
Speaker 1: Oh wow? Is that because of Is it a leap yer? I never keep track of that? Is it a leapyer? Next year's.
Speaker 3: Let's see Leapier's in the leap yer's election years.
Speaker 1: I don't know, is it? Oh?
Speaker 3: Now you got me looking up next leap next leap here?
Speaker 1: Well, see now I got you playing with time?
Speaker 5: Was just like two years ago, That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. And if it is two years ago, then that means me Pete's right, it falls on the elections, right because the next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, next leap year is twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it falls on the elections. Okay, Okay, that makes sense. So oh that's wild because that means the pros that was yeah first year.
Speaker 5: I was always every four years though, right.
Speaker 1: The leap heer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: Every yeah, yeah, so that every four years, and yeah, I thought it was three sometimes, but you know, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah because okay, so twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: And twenty twenty eight, twenty thirty two and twenty thirty six.
Speaker 1: There you go, Yeah, seven four years, so going backwards, that's twenty four that's twenty twenty, and that's twenty sixteen. So the leap year in twenty sixteen is what I'm thinking of, right, because I remember being on for a leap year at some point and there was a calendar problem with the network I was on. That must have been yeah, it must have been twenty sixteen, because there was some kind of like scheduling problem because they couldn't get their schedule to adjust for there being a twenty ninth day on February for some reason. And uh, yeah, that was that was weird. Anyways, I know again, this isn't exactly what was on your mind, Kent, But you know we do have another We.
Speaker 5: Could talk politics. You got easy you want to ask me? I mean, got so much garbage going on. It's like I try not to even think about Halloween. But you want to talk some foreign policy or anything else. I mean, I'm game for whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, look I don't I don't got no candy, So I'll tell you what. You hold on and I'm gonna put you on hold for a minute. Stay there. We got another caller and I'm not sure who it is, but I'm gonna pop them on and see what's on there. Oh wait, damn, they went away. Okay, six one seven area code call back in. I was just about to put you on. You weren't there on old long and I was trying to get to it anyway, they went away. I'll put spid Kent back on, okay until somebody else calls in. How about that? So, Kent, I was trying to be smooth and switched. I was trying to be smooth and switched to another caller and then they were gone. So so much for my transition anyways. Yet, Look, if you got stuff, you pick it man, what's on your mind? I mean, do you understand that this government shut down and just the fact that people are arguing online and being like, good, I'm glad you food stamp. People don't get food stamps, can screw you. That's a weird thing that's happening. And it makes me realize these people don't understand how the snap benefits are going to change everything in our food system if they don't show up, because that's billions of dollars that's not going to be there circulating through the grocery stores. That's going to change things. And I think people don't recognize that's going to jack up prices, that's going to screw up the supply chain a bit, and you know, forget about making people hungry. It's going to affect all these people that think they're not being affected. I mean they're literally taking like a victory lap over. You know what. You people are lazy and you get something from the system and I got to work hard and screw you. And I'm like sitting there going wow, So you don't realize that between the elderly and the children that receive food stamps, right, that's more than fifty percent and snap benefits don't just benefit people directly like that, they're in the ecosystem when it comes to your food. So you take a look at the amount of food stamps that like a Walmart collects or any of these like major food chains collect and now you pull that out of their budget, they're not going to get that. Okay, within thirty days of that happening, you're gonna see results in the market. It's just a matter of reality, and that's gonna screw things up for guess what everybody. And I don't think they understand that, you know, while they're celebrating that's right, these lazy people. Now you know what reality is like, and you can't afford to go, and they're under all sorts of weird delusions, like they think that everybody's got huge amounts of money. I think when you get food stamps, like how much you actually get is not enough to do the kind of crazy things they're talking about. It's like, oh, they got lobster and steak and Oreo cookies and blah blah. And I'm like thinking to myself, if you put those three things in your cart right now, your food snamps are probably gone at the price ras that we're at right now. You know, but unless you're getting a huge amount, which means you got a huge family at home, and I just don't see celebrating over this. It's not going to help anybody. Plus, they're active servicemen and veterans out there, by the way, who served that are not going to get it. You know, those people that were supposed to say thank you to well, you know what, some of them need this for their food as well, and they're not going to get it. Okay, Like I said, the children and elderly people, I guess you know, ninety year olds are supposed to go out and get a job at what Walmart? Well, you know, it's interesting they get a tax right off of nine thousand dollars the last time I looked, every time they hire somebody who's on Snap benefits, by the way, a nine thousand dollars tax right off. Okay, it's a tax credit actually, I think either way, a nine thousand dollars plus to their overall model. Right. Plus, if they don't give them full time benefits, guess what, they probably still qualify for the food stamps, and basically that worker is being subsidized by the American government. But don't be mad at Walmart, right, they're just working with you. I mean, sorry, go ahead, yeah, I mean it's all said.
Speaker 5: It's symptoms of the system. I mean, if you have big companies that won't pay living wages, and they're not paying living wages, and then you've got people that needs still need to, you know, in this high cost of living survive and ecose food stamps help them. But it's you know, I don't know if they were subsidized or whatever, but you know it goes to so Walmart gets all their profit or whatever whatever company, and you know, the taxpayer pays the bill of the food stamps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but do you realize.
Speaker 5: Again it's putting money in a pocket of billionaires.
Speaker 1: But do you realize the whole.
Speaker 5: System set up this way though?
Speaker 1: But think about this thing with the system just I know, I'm focusing on Walmart because they're a big, big target. If they get nine grand for hiring somebody who's on food stamps, right, Okay, so I've already gone over. They subsidized, but they also in a lot of cases file insurance claims on their employees, right that you know, the family never sees or anything but so here's the thing. They take a little gamble on you. If they can keep you at like part time level, they keep that nine thousand dollars. They might not even pay you nine thousand dollars even though they got a tax credit for it. They might not even pay you nine thousand dollars depending on how long you hold the job and how many hours you work, and bonus if you die, they also get, you know, one hundred thousand, two hundred thousand dollars off of your corpse. So, I mean, you know, how many different ways do you got to say I'm geting monetized by Walmart? I mean, you know, the high cost of low prices, no kidding, and if you die bonus I mean, dude, I'm not making this stuff up. You can, you know, go look it up and find it out.
Speaker 7: For Dollar General, Yeah, look what Dollar General CEOs make, you know, and and whatnot. They're like making eighteen thousand an hour, and I shit you not, there's like ones like twelve thousand, others like eighteen thousand hours. And then yet these workers and I go to Dollar General, they're understaffed, overwork and halftime, their air condition wasn't working for a while.
Speaker 5: They had all this stuff going on and just just you know, just scrapping for anything, and the shelves aren't stocked. They're under again, understaffed, underpaid. But you know that guy you.
Speaker 7: Know is making what fifteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: An hour sitting in the you know, in an office or probably out in the golf course or something. You know that again is and.
Speaker 7: Then of course you know they're gonna be needing some food.
Speaker 5: Stamps because they're underpaid, well not getting paid a living wage. So and then again you said keeping them on part time and they get all those extras out of it, so right, they don't have to pay this.
Speaker 1: That and the other.
Speaker 5: It's it's just completely rigged, guys.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, but we talk about this all night.
Speaker 1: No, no, for sure, but b Pete right, I don't know what you do locally, but when you and I traveled, we definitely stopped at a bunch of circle ks right along the way going to Texas on our road trip together.
Speaker 2: Yet yeah, circle k's and mostly speedways.
Speaker 1: Okay, speedways also, well circle k is you know, I got one right down the street from me, right. The people that work there, they're collecting stuff like that, because they still qualify for it based on the fact that their job doesn't give them but you know, only so many hours, and they rotate them in and out. And the sad thing is they don't even pay a differential on these guys who are out there like all by themselves in the middle of the night. Now you know what kind of neighborhood I live in, BPTE. Okay, it is not wise to be leaving somebody alone in a store. They really should have that lockdown circumstance where you got to go to the glass and tell the guy to go get the stuff so that he's never exposed to you, you know. And some of the circle k's around here have that. The one down the street from me doesn't, and in fact was closed on the overnights for a while because somebody shot out a bunch of the windows. I don't know if I did I tell you about that. Somebody shot out the windows. Okay, well, all right, fine, that's just my local neighborhood. Okay, Chuck, you live in a bad neighborhood. But a couple of miles away from here another circle K just the other day, and I'm sure you could pull it up if you wanted to bepte from making Georgia. The cops had to kill a guy. And this is one of those shootings where I looked at the tape and I know everybody probably thinks I'm always against the cops, but the cops had to kill this guy. There was there was no two ways about it. The way this guy was going. And they tried to tasee him. They tried non lethal means, and this guy was not going to go down with non lethal means, okay. And he was trying to literally break into one of these places that does the whole, you know, like the old banker's window with the slide thing where you put your money in and I'll put your stuff in and you know you, and I'll deal through a drawer in the wall. They had it set up like that at this other circle k and this guy was going trying to break into there. And then he was attacking people who went to the gas pumps and he just went crazy and the cops showed up and they tried to subdue him. That didn't work. They tried to taze him, he fought them, and eventually they just shot him to death. And I got to tell you, this is one of those cases where I'm like, cop did not have a choice. Okay, this guy was not giving that cop a choice. This was the only way this was going to end because this guy insisted on it. You don't hear that come out of my mouth too often, but it happens, and this happened right here. It happens a couple of miles from here. So anyway, we got a caller back, so I'm going to go back to them. Can't but stay stay on the line because I'm sure we'll get back to you. But if you want to look up that that news story, B Pete, you'll see it. It's you know, it was pretty wild. I think like two days ago. Here might have been two days ago, or it might have been just the other night. I'm trying to think, was it the night they played a World Series game or not, which, by the way, they're playing now, aren't they, B Pete.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's zero zero, bottom of the third, top of the third.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, and sadly I am rooting for the Dodgers, but they're behind I think three games to one now, right, or is it is it three to two or three to one? I think it's three to one, three to two, oh, three to two. All right. Well, I'm hoping the Dodgers pull it off, and I want to see, you know, I want to see a game seven here anyways, and I am watching the World Series a little bit off and on when I can, when I can figure out how to catch the highlights and stuff. It's a thing. Although there is a way to do it with a free trial, and I think we might hook that up if we catch the game seven over here, just you know, do the free trial and cancel with I think it's Fubo TV or something like that. Anyways, there's your hit for the day, and it looks like we got a caller six one seven area code. You're live.
Speaker 8: Yeah, can you give everyone your PayPal whatever donation site that you're affiliated with, because I'm trying to make a donation to you right now and this site is PayPal is giving.
Speaker 9: Me a hell of a time.
Speaker 1: Well, I've got the PayPal button at the website which goes to Kim's but I gotta I'd probably have to send you a separate thing to show you the cash app or whatever. I don't know how that works actually.
Speaker 10: Because I'm trying to send you five hundred dollars, so geez, it's not small potatoes right now. Yeah, but PayPal is given me a hell of a time on my laptop, my shitty laptop.
Speaker 8: Pardon my Spanish, but I'm really trying to send.
Speaker 1: You okay right now? Well, dude, I not letting me. Look, I deeply appreciate that, and I don't mean to be a jerk, but I mean, aren't you kind of not able to afford that right this minute? No, I have.
Speaker 8: I have the funds, and I'm trying to send you the funds.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you allow me to, I understand. I just want to make sure you're doing okay first before anything, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not. No, I don't have Kim's thing. I have the O'Kelly effect thing. So I'm trying to do that through here. But PayPal is giving me all of the timely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well okay, the ocelly effect one. They canceled my PayPal so that's why it doesn't exist anymore. That's what's going on there, all right. So all right, so that that explains that, Yeah, what I'll do.
Speaker 8: I didn't know that that wouldn't provige of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, but yeah, they totally shut down my PayPal. That's why I'll tell you. What I'll do is I'll find a way. I'll find a way to send you a message about that, and you and I communicate on X so I'll send you the information there. But I got to get it because I actually don't know how that works, and I got to get the information.
Speaker 10: I'm pretty stupid when it comes to you social media stuff, Okay, but I'm someone from the eighties, so you know, I really don't know either.
Speaker 8: I got you, but I have the funds and I'm trying.
Speaker 4: To uh send you something.
Speaker 1: Oh all right.
Speaker 8: That makes a lot more sense now that I know they canceled your time.
Speaker 4: Right, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Well, I I highly are for no, not not in interruption at all. I don't know if you remember Dvance though. Did you hear about that earlier in the show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Advance was a very very kind, uh person, and uh, I'm very sorry for his passing, and I wish I could have talked to him before that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well meet me too. And I realized also that he had done a show with you at some point, like some years ago. I don't know if you remember that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, a.
Speaker 8: Couple of shows. Yeah, no, the Boston bought Me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were talking about that.
Speaker 1: Oh is that what it was on? I just saw the graphic and I was like, wow, I forgot he had done a show with you, But I didn't know what the topic was. I I didn't remember that part anyway. Here's what I'm gonna do is the.
Speaker 8: Boston bobbing and he went he went into his political beliefs, and uh, I really couldn't disagree with with his beliefs, so we I just kind of let him talk.
Speaker 1: I got you here. I'm sorry, he's I got you. Here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna actually go ahead and get uh get the information for I'm gonna take a quick break here, so I'm gonna put you on hold all right, but I'll send it over to you on X what what information I get, and we'll do that. We'll take a quick break here, b Pete just UH might as well anyway, because look at it, it's already like almost nine o'clock anyhow, so we might as well get the break out of the way. But I will take a little extra time on tonight's show. Uh, it's Friday night, and uh, you know this being the case. I Uh, what can I say? I've never had that happen before on the air either. But anyway, stick around the live open mic Ocelly Effect Friday Night. We'll be back with my co host b Pete and you guys calling in three one nine, five two seven five zero one six three one nine five two seven five zero one six, We'll be back.
Speaker 3: Dot Com Radio Network.
Speaker 11: Revelation through Conversation.
Speaker 4: Conversational Fact.
Speaker 3: Chili dot Com.
Speaker 12: In Denial Secret Wars with air Strikes and Tanks by Larry Hancock.
Speaker 13: Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations and are still happening today. Larry Hancock's book In Denial rips the cover off many of them, using new files. It exposes things about the Bay and Page that no one has ever written about before.
Speaker 14: It shows why it really failed and why the United States did not earn from it. It also shows why other countries today are doing secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to deny into the light. In Denial, Secret Wars with air Strikes and Tanks Larry Hancock. For more information, go to Larry hyphen Handcock dot com. Pick up your copy of In Denial at Amazon dot com in digital or physical face.
Speaker 11: Go ahead calling the truth about the Dayfay assassination.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, what do you want to know Judy.
Speaker 11: Baker's wild claim?
Speaker 3: Oswald girlfriends he knew?
Speaker 11: Ruby and Barry answer weapons?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 1: I imagine I could claim I have four wheels. It doesn't make me a wagon, but.
Speaker 11: Okay, oswalazild and trying to prevent the murder of John Kennedy. Come on now, has a real effort on the Dayfay assassination.
Speaker 5: Book into her claim.
Speaker 1: Go to Amazon dot com enter Judith Baker in her own words. You'll get the results for a digital copy of a book where Walt Brown utilizes her own words and the known evidence in the case to get at well a different perspective. Let's say you can get Judith Barry Baker in her own words from the author himself, signed if you request it by contacting doctor Brown at K I A S J F K at A O L dot com. It's a fun book and it actually dissects the many, many fantastic claims Judith very Baker in her own words.
Speaker 3: Thank you for all the information.
Speaker 7: Conversation?
Speaker 4: What the effectation?
Speaker 1: Uncle?
Speaker 15: Do you remember that time when Benjamin Fulford said that an Asian secret society was going to dispatch ninja's to take down the illuminati?
Speaker 9: Oh that's interesting, Yeah in the colactoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Did that ever work out too good?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 15: It didn't, did it? But here on o'helly dot com Radio Network things work out a bit better, don't they?
Speaker 16: Much better is clear and understanding about the programs. The programs much clear, getting live people into it. They really have a good conversation going much better, much better scene.
Speaker 15: I say, forget Benjamin Fulford and his ninjas and listen to the o'chelly dot com Radio Network.
Speaker 3: I agree, it's straight to the point, straight talk, and I like that idea Olly dot com dot.
Speaker 2: Com Radio network flow through everythin.
Speaker 17: Pain.
Speaker 1: Do you like history?
Speaker 9: Real history that you were never taught in schools? Why the Vietnam War Nuclear Bombs in nation Building in Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson with new documentation never seen before that'll open your eyes to events that led up to this. Why the Vietnam War Nuclear Bombs in nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen forty five through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today at Amazon dot com. Why the Vietnam War by author Mike Swanson.
Speaker 12: In Denial The Secret Wars with Air Strikes and Tanks by Larry Hancock. Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations and are still happening today. Larry Hancock's book In Denial ripped the cover off many of them, using new files.
Speaker 14: It exposes things about the Bay of Pigs that no one has ever written about before. It shows why it really failed and why the United States did not learn from it. It also shows why other countries today are doing as secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to deny into the light.
Speaker 13: In Denial, Secret Wars with Air Strikes and Tanks Larry Hancock. For more information, go to Larry hyphen Handcock dot com. Pick up your copy of In Denial at Amazon dot com in digital or physical form.
Speaker 11: Can't Ready, get ready, tarn may get ready time.
Speaker 1: He man. I screwed up all kinds of things during the break there. I hope it wasn't too much of a disaster. Sound little commercials and spots, but anyway, it is what it is. And here we are on Friday, so I hope that we get some more people joining us. Let's see, I didn't even look back at the phone lines yet, but let's click it up there, so it looks like we still got the same people on. I'm gonna go back around to the caller I was on before we took a break and remind you that you listening, if you're hearing us live just after nine pm. Let's see, looks to me like it's one minute after nine, Is that right, b Pete? One minute after nine? Is that about right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know why, yes, no, yes, one to the other, which one somewhere and now okay, so according to your Automa clock, and maybe one or two minutes after, but either way, it's a little bit after nine pm Eastern on Halloween thirty, first of October. So, uh, trick, treat whatever it is you want to do. But here we are taking your calls. Three one nine five two seven five zero one six that's the number to call in and join in to this. So we got spent kent waiting on the line. But uh, let's get back around to uh to Chris, what what else is on your mind? Chris? Though, because I sent a message over to you on X by the way, so we can leave that where it's at. But what else is on your mind this week? Man?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to.
Speaker 8: Send something to your PayPal, and also, if you'll allow me, i'd like to contribute to the the Dallas trip.
Speaker 1: You're doing that and I appreciate it. I sent you the message on X. I you know, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 8: No, I have a Walmart page to go phone, so I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't see it yet. Oh so okay, well I don't. I don't have a phone for the trip. But I I'm just saying, Chuck, I can contribute to the trip, and.
Speaker 3: I very much would like to do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, then we'll talk, you know, off air at some point about this. I meant to get to you on an afternoon, but I got so tied up with these guys trying to do a special earlier in the day. We were supposed to do one and I had to cancel it because I couldn't get anybody.
Speaker 8: That's fine, if you want to put me on a new mic like, I'll stay here to the end if if you're cool.
Speaker 1: With that, Uh, okay, if you want to just hang out, that's fine. I'll do that. But but again, check your X messages when you get a chance. Uh, because that's where I sent the information. And I appreciate any any help that anybody's gonna give to the Dallas trip, I appreciate it. And Uh, what can I say. I'm thankful anytime anybody kicks anything in, especially that you know what. We got another caller and uh, this guy definitely helped me out the other day, and I appreciate it when he does that as well. And I want to hear what's on his mind. So let's get right to him. Uh, the one and only Jimmy James. Uh, I think you joined me on the JFK zoom call the other night. At least we sat there and listened a bit. Was that you on the on the zoom call? Jimmy? Okay? I don't know why, but I'm not hearing Jimmy Okay. Well, maybe maybe Jimmy had a problem with his phone. I'll go back around to SPD Kent. How about that or anybody else who wants to call in three one nine five two seven five zero one six? You see this be Pete, I do setups and then nobody's there. Either one guy hangs up or the other guy goes away, had a problem with his phone or something. But anything you want to add before I let spend Ken back on the line.
Speaker 3: No, just an update on the series.
Speaker 2: LA is up three nothing in the bottom of the third, one out, one man on for Toronto.
Speaker 1: And I got to tell you people told me about show Heyo Tani before I bothered to watch him, you know, like the past couple of years, and I now see why they're so impressed by the guy. I mean not just because he you know, did that amazing game where he got you know, the home run and and was he let off with a home run and then also struck out ten guys in one game. Not only did he do that, but I mean, the guy is just an amazing baseball player. Man, I don't think he's.
Speaker 2: An all around, you know player. He can he pitches well, he pitches phenomenal, but he swings a mean bat.
Speaker 3: Well. He had one game, he had three home runs in one game and you know they went eighteen innings the other night. Right, It's funny. I went to sleep and thinking that the game was over.
Speaker 2: It's like the ninth inning, and I wake up at two thirty in the morning and it's the eighteenth inning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, still tied, And I thought, well, I've missed the whole game.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. But yeah, Otani, he is awesome. Anybody that's got him on his team has definitely got an asset.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the funny thing is like he's got a ten year plan and he's done and all that. And the guy he says, you know, I am a pitcher. I just happened to also bat. But amazing thing is after that eighteen inning game, the next day he goes out and starts. He was the starting pitcher the next day, after dhing all night.
Speaker 2: He's awesome. I mean, the guy is, he's just he's awesome. Any team that's got him has got a They've got a lego just.
Speaker 1: By having him on the rosters.
Speaker 3: The picture they've got tonight. Yamamoto, he's doing good.
Speaker 2: He's thrown complete games the last two times he was out, so he's got.
Speaker 3: An arm and he can go the distance.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 3: He's up for nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean it's sad because he's like the highest paid pitcher in baseball. That guy, Yamamoto and he's on the team with this guy Otani who's like, well, not only am I a pitcher, but I'm also a freaking batting machine. Guy went fifty and fifty fifty stolen bases and fifty home runs in a season. I mean, what the hell this is? Like, you know, Babe, Ruth time over here, you know, I mean, this is yeah, literally, anyways, let's get spend Kent back on the line. I don't know, I just wanted to point out I'm kind of amazed with shoe Hao Tani and watching him even a little bit. Kent, have you caught shoe Halo Tani at all? Uh? Oh, I must have all kinds of phone problems, Kent. Can you hear me? Did we break the phone?
Speaker 5: I thought we broke Okay, you're talking about LA's up right now?
Speaker 1: For nothing? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, for a third inning.
Speaker 1: I don't know what inning is it be Pete, I don't see it right now. Yeah, it's the third inning, yep, bottom of Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, if I was in LA, I'd still be like, you know, an LA fan, I would be very nervous because the second that pitcher gets out of there, you know, they got to go to their bullpen and it's good and all. But Toronto, you know, remember I'm a Mariners fan, and they beat us in seven games, and we were one win away from the World Series, be able to play to night. But Toronto has a way of coming back, like you, around the seventh inning, tying it up and then winning. And you know, they sometimes they go they hang out there, stay under and they get through the starting pitcher without giving up too many runs, and they could be down three nothing and then once the bullpen comes out, their hitters come alive and that's how they beat us. So I would not write this game off at any point in time because because they're up three to nothing, let's put it that way.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you can't write you can't write off. You can't write nothing off. Can't you realize they went eighteen innings the other night? I mean yeah, yeah, they played a doubleheader basically in one game.
Speaker 5: I mean, I was on here when the Mariners in Detroit they won fifteen innings. I said, yeah, you know, I went on your show then uncle show. You know, the shows are long gone, and I'm it's two thirty in the morning. I'm like, man, it's fifteenth inning.
Speaker 6: Beer watching but we won and I was celebrated hard. Well, the Toronto gave us a battle like we were one win away and then we just see how they came back. And that's what I'm saying. That's what LA's in danger of right now, especially they're up.
Speaker 5: You know, was it three to two right now? If they win to night, it's over. They win the World Series, so right, it's dangers. I'm rooting for LA though, No I'm America, blah blah blah, I'll be like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, I'm I'm always like that because I always root for the National League team even though they've they've now taken up the DH as well, but okay, I still root for the National League.
Speaker 5: Tam Well, my Mariners are American League, yeah I know, I know, and seeing seeing Toronto when would like make the Mariners look like they're super tough because you know they last at all seven games, you know, where if LA goes out tonight, it's not seven games, so there they'd be like, there'd be advantages for Toronto be an American League for me. But I'm just gonna be the Patriots TONIGHTSVT cann okay's gonna be the Patriots I want to go with the American team, which is LA the other ones I picked anyway, I thought they'd win the series. No, definitely, I'll stick to the guns there now.
Speaker 1: I want them to win. And I really, I'm serious. I actually enjoy watching o'tani. He's he's a damn good player. Uh So, there you go. Jimmy James might have just called back in, though he might be more on the Detroit side of things. I gotta check with him on that, because he's usually he's usually the Detroit guy. I know he loves the Lions. I think he likes the Tigers too. Let's let's see if it's phones working. Hang on, Kent, Let's see if his phones working this time, because last time I went to him and he made no noise. So let's see, Jimmy, can you hear me this time? Yes? Oh awesome?
Speaker 3: Amused.
Speaker 1: I haven't called really, it looked like you were calling before. That was the number I thought I clicked on and nobody answered me. It was weird. What then, let's go down a few minutes ago. So yeah, that's why I thought you were calling back in. I'm sorry, Hey, look, maybe the blind guy saw the wrong thing. It's possible. I even said to you. I said to you on that when I thought I was talking to you, I said, weren't you on the zoom call with me last night? Because I think I spotted you on the JFK zoom call. You know that they do, and I think we were both listening in. Is that true or no? I do not believe that it is so No, okay, because sometimes you know, you have this uh uh. A lot of people have used the Frank Rizzo handle here and there. Okay, so I saw zoom.
Speaker 17: Ball, Chuck, way to go, just blow my war name.
Speaker 18: Man, Come on, listen, Frankie're gonna now where to go. No, they're going to need to congress investigation. I will believe this.
Speaker 1: Frank Rizzo is the name. Frank Rizzo is the name they used in Jerky Boys the movie. Remember this is Frank Rizzo. Check ass, Yes they did. They're using Jerky Boys the movie. I'm not kidding. Okay. Now there's also a mayor. There's a real life mayor named Frank Rizzo people should look up to, just saying, that's.
Speaker 17: Why that movie comes on?
Speaker 18: Dude, Yeah, that really he was the name.
Speaker 17: I think that's where they stop it, and he really was like, I like.
Speaker 1: That, like a corrupt gangster mayor guy named Frank Rizzo. Yeah, that's a true story.
Speaker 8: Rizzo.
Speaker 18: Are you sure that's his name?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 18: I'm sure he only screamed it in my ear a thousand times?
Speaker 1: Right, he says, who did he say? He knows Mario, Mario? There's one hundred marios woo which Mario? All right. I know that movie is not great, but it cracked me out. It cracked me out.
Speaker 18: It cracked me up to no end way under that should have been a major major is.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. You and I absolutely agree on Jerky Boys the movie. It didn't make money, but it was funny. I don't care.
Speaker 18: I liked him along run it because it's a cult classic.
Speaker 1: Right. But in the long run, you know, one of my favorite things is when they show up in the police station and they've got bags over their heads and the bags have smiley faces on them, and he's still going and.
Speaker 18: They're still making stupid boy, right.
Speaker 1: He's still do off the.
Speaker 18: That off.
Speaker 1: Now he's pissing off the cops, going, oh, are you gonna get me? Are you gonna get out? The salad dressing? Or whatever he says the game the Gay Boys, I can't see my glasses fell off. Oh my god. Anyway, I don't know why I'm having such a good time thinking about that when I am anyhow. Tapes.
Speaker 18: Do you remember the tapes? Did you have the tapes? The cassette tapes?
Speaker 3: Because I had those?
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, that's what I really love.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, you know, Jimmy I was a tape trader, so I had the original which they released him later on Rhino Records released them. But you ever heard of Red's Tube bar?
Speaker 17: Dude, I was dealing with literal copies of tapes.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 18: I don't know where they came from. All I know is that they had basically the movie in there, and a lot of stuff that wasn't in there. Yes, like there's a lot of stuff about Sall Sall getting beat up. Oh my god, I was left in the puddle of my own pissing blood.
Speaker 1: That's right. But no, But before that, here's the thing. This inspired the Jerky Boys, but also inspired that that bit on The Simpsons where Bart calls up Mo all the time and Prank calls him. There was these guys who were just for just for their own entertainment at one point calling up this bar, this really crappy hole in the wall dive bar, with this guy named Red who owned the place, and they've made tapes hours and hours like just prank calling this guy, like having him go, you know, uh, can I speak to uh mister man? I need a man, right, And then the guy would scream, I need a man, Hey, I need a man, yeah, right into the bar and they would just crack up and the guy would scream at him and threaten him, I'm gonna cut your eyes out of your head, and you bastard, and he would say all these crazy things, you you lousy yellow bastard. I'm gonna come and find you. I'm gonna pull your intestines out of your nose. And he would just scream at these guys and they just like distributed the tapes among their friends for years, and later on it became legendary among tape traders and stuff like that, and Rhino Records literally released something they called Red's Tube Bar, and it was all these prank calls on this one guy. Anyway, that inspired the bit on the Simpsons and inspired the Jerky Boys to even do what they did, and the Jerky boys were doing that for years, where they would like place ads in the Village Voice and stuff, and people would call up, you know, hey, I want to.
Speaker 18: Buy the couch, like the game show the Game show lovers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all that weird stuff.
Speaker 18: Are you a game show lover that one?
Speaker 9: Or I love that one?
Speaker 1: Or the guy Uncle Freddie's dead? Who's that? Uncle Freddie's dead? Right?
Speaker 17: Oh my god, everyone of them?
Speaker 1: They killed Uncle Freddy. Have you ever heard of the guy? Have you?
Speaker 18: What's the one where the guy they keep calling the stupid They think it's a pizza parlor supposedly, but it guy, it's half the time he's.
Speaker 1: Stop, who is it?
Speaker 18: What's the what's the restaurant? They think the calling and he had he stole their music that plays the jingle on there on hold oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah no. He did all kinds of crazy stuff like that. But they were placing ads like you know, hey, I want to sell a couch or whatever because this was common in New York, like in the back of the Village boys. You know, you could buy anything from him.
Speaker 18: A different guy that like he was doing this like twenty some years ago, like real early internet, and he was making money and over fist on YouTube posting these calls because like his number is one digit off from the pizza joint. I'm trying to thickle with the pizza place. Was Well, anyways, he can and he could just say crazy things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, but there's been I'm just trying to say that those guys I was talking about with Red's two bar the first ones I ever heard, because they did that in like the eighties and literally just would like, you know, distribute the cassettes to their friends and stuff, and then it's spread all over the country. People got to hear these crazy calls with this Red, you know, and they just kept calling up the same They used to do prank calls to all kinds of people, but they got stuck on Red because he would freak out every time and scream at I'm like, like you know in the in the Simpsons, right when I get a hold of you, I'm gonna cut your eyes out of your head and I'm gonna show him to you, you know, stuff like this, and this guy would freak out every time, but he would fall for this stuff constantly, like you know, uh yeah, I need uh I need to speak to mister key bomb. His first name is lee leek key Bomb. Can I speak to leake key Bomb? Is there a leaky bomb in here? You know, like stuff like that, And they would just every time he'd fall for it, and then he'd freak out and threaten to like, you know, cut them, cut their bellies open and show it to their mothers and all kinds of weirds. Right, those guys did that in the eighties, and I don't even know their names, but yeah, they were like legend and it was just the weirdest sort of organic thing way before internet times. I think I remember the pizza guy you're talking about, though, he just had a number that was different, You're right, and uh, and somehow he kept getting the calls for the pizza place.
Speaker 18: Funny. Yeah, it's just I mean, that's ridiculous. The Swan guy called so talk a crap back and forth and goes, yeah, you know what, I'm sending him three pizza.
Speaker 17: Boys over there right now.
Speaker 18: The mess show over just sent crazy stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, he'd say he was gonna send people over to beat you up instead of Okay, I'm not gonna send you a pizza, I'm gonna send you an ass beating whatever, and uh yeah, but they thought they were calling a pizza place. There was another guy did something like that too, But the prank call thing is funny. It reminds me again also of the guy who was like the resident prank cole guy on on Howard Stern. His name was Captain Jenks.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yes, yes, Touch Tone Terrorists.
Speaker 1: That was awesome. Oh there you go. That was the name of it, right, Touchtowne Terrorists. Yes, yes, it's one man.
Speaker 18: And he did all the voices, Willie Hubcap, Willie use him, the hillbilly guy, all of them. It was just hilarious.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then people would call up, Okay, I want to speak to customer service, but it's Willy. You got Willy right here, what do you want? And then she started the best one and then she started like.
Speaker 3: A woman, like the funniest one.
Speaker 1: There was one where I.
Speaker 17: There's one I literally I swear I had a cardiac and firk and listening to that up laughter that where Willie's caught and complaining that. Yeah, one last gack came out of the building last Friday, the turres and.
Speaker 19: The business and the toilet, talking about how he was in that business and the other ends just laughing, and I said she I had to take some move and cleaner to that man mess up.
Speaker 1: He needed easy off to get rid of the turd. Right. No, But to me, the funniest one was when the lady called up and she thought she was talking like, oh, you guys delivered my package and you beat it up, and Willie goes, I ain't got time for you, bitch. I ain't got time for you, bitch.
Speaker 17: What you supervise?
Speaker 19: He's a supervised yeah, right, main guy nowherehouse is supposed to be that guy Torch, she's supposed to be I'm mass And he's like, what's your problem?
Speaker 1: Man? Yeah, what what's your problem? I'm really high. Put your supervisor on. Yeah, it's Willy, what you want and it'd be the same guy yelling aa oh man. That was funny. Now that was the touchdown terrace right. She did