Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Bill handleshow'mo Kelly Infra bill for it. Eon Musk, he is a superhero to some, he is a super villain to others. But if we talk about Elon Musk, if we talk about what's happening to Tesla's, if we talk about the DOJ response to Tesla's, I think we should do it without emotion. And I know that's difficult to do because a lot of our politics is laced with emotion. It animates us in ways where we feel the need to defend individuals, defend elected officials, to defend political parties with all of our might and all of our emotion.
Speaker 1: That's where we are today.
Speaker 2: But I want to try something, and that is, let's see if we can keep the emotion out of it. Let's keep the allegiances out, and let's just look at the facts. Attorney General Pam Bondi has declared a Justice Department crackdown on what she views as politically motivated attacks against Tesla Visa vi Elon Musk quote. Let this be a warning if you join this wave of domestic terrorism against Tesla properties, the Department justice will put you behind bars. And we know just in the past few weeks, federal prosecutors have alleged that a Colorado woman, through some molotov cocktails at vehicles at a Tesla dealership scrawl the word Nazi on one of its signs. An Oregon man allegedly fired bullets and explosives into a dealership and its cars, and a South Carolina man spray paint and anti Trump messages on a Tesla charging station parking spot before throwing five homemade bombs at the chargers, towrding them and their other intvice that we've seen not only around the country but around the world. But let me just focus, hopefully unemotionally, on what's happening here in America. And there's been a lot of discussion and even dispute about whether this constitutes domestic terrorism. I'm here to tell you, and I am not a fan of Elon Musk, I make no bones about it. I'm not a fan of Elon Musk or what he's doing with Doge. But what is happening in response and the vandalism and violence happening in response, there is a very good argument, a solid argument, I would say I'm not a lawyer, but I know enough about these issues I can stay confidently this is pretty much domestic terrorism. You don't have to like Elon Musk, you don't have to like Pambondy, you don't have to like Donald Trump. But these aren't disgruntled Tesla owners setting their own cars on fire. It's not like people were setting there curing coffeemakers on fire or destroying them. It's not like people destroying their own stuff because they're protesting. Let's say I don't know Anheuser Busch and trans influencers. This is something completely different. This is about what is the animating property, what is the animating motivation behind these incidents.
Speaker 1: And I'm not.
Speaker 2: Saying that it's George Sorels funded or they're democratic operatives, like Elon Musk said, I'm just looking at the acts themselves, not who specifically may be behind them.
Speaker 1: That's a different conversation.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying these acts as far as the definition of domestic terrorism, there is a strong argument why, because, as I said, these aren't disgruntled Tesla owners who are mad about the panels slide off their cyber truck. They're not out there doing these protests in this manner because they are mad about the quality of the Tesla cars. They are there because they are in opposition to Elon Musk. They are making a political statement and also employing illegal means and also arguably violent means. When you talk about domestic terrorism, we're talking about acts which are done from a political standpoint or political motivation, and or to impact people's decisions or inspire fear along political lines. If you're trying to say we don't want people to buy Tesla products, and you are employing these methods, as far as for what I can see, if we look at this unemotionally, that satisfies the definition of domestic terrorism. It's beyond protesting. You're in deploying vandalism and other means to discourage people from supporting Elon Musk or buying Tesla's. Now the flip side to that is Elon Musk, and I said this on my show later with Mo Kelly. Elon Musk is going to have to make a decision and it may not be fair, but it's a fact. Elon Musk is the figurehead, president and CEO of Tesla.
Speaker 1: He is known. The link is inextricable.
Speaker 2: You can't separate Tesla from Elon Musk, and Tesla has been built up pun intended over the years because of that Elon Musk association. So you can't separate the two in people's minds. Now that people want to protest Elon Musk and this what is being done, which is obviously beyond the boundaries of protesting, is going to harm Tesla. We've seen it in the stock price, We've seen it with the company's struggles. More broadly, nothing good is happening for the company. But that's different. That's separate and distinct from whether whether the vandalism and the violence is considered domestic terrorism. I would take Pam Bondy at her word. I believe that not only is she serious about the forthcoming charges, but I also believe and there's adequate evidence to suggest that there is a strong case about anyone who is charged with domestic terrorism that it will stick. It's a Bill Handle show a mo Kelly in for Bill Handle on this Friday Show programming Note. Tim Conway Junior will be out at the sixty fifth annual San Juan Capistronto Swallows Day Parade tomorrow at eleven am. The sixty fifth annual Swallows Day Parade and Marcados Street Fair will be held on March twenty second, obviously tomorrow, the Fiesta de las Colondrina celebrates the return of the Swallows to the San Juan Capistronto mission. The parade at Marcados Street Fair offer a full day of family fund celebrating the Old West and the return of the Swallows from their winter home in Arcanthena. Not only will Conway be there, but the world famous Budweiser Clydesdale's will be there too. Visit Swallows Day Parade dot org for details and street closures.
Speaker 1: Now let's talk about Nick Cannon.
Speaker 2: Don't want to spend too much time on him, but are gonna spend the necessary amount of time. The masked singer is host and quote unquote father. I put that in quotes because I have a difference of opinion with the definition of father than Nick Cannon.
Speaker 1: But he's the quote unquote father of twelve.
Speaker 2: And said, get this, he's not done with expanding his family. And during a conversation on his week We Play in Spades podcast, Channing Crowder, one of the co hosts, spoke to Nick Cannon about possibly getting a vasectomy and argued for it. Nick Cannon is not down with it. In fact, he said I'm feeling judged. And when he was asked why he wants more children, Nick Cannon replied, why not. Well, that's a good question that I'm going to have a great answer to.
Speaker 1: This is why not.
Speaker 2: Fatherhood is not about affordability. The answer and response that I get to Nick Cannon as to why it's quote unquote okay for him to have all these kids, why is it's none of our business? They usually point to Nick Cannon as a MULTII millionaire, that he has all sorts of funds available to raise kids. And I am someone who misses my father to this day, who passed away in March this month of twenty twenty two, will tell you fatherhood is about availability, not affordability. My father was always available to me. He was my basketball coach, coach, he was my flag football coach. He was my music instructor. He was someone who taught me how to be a man, as far as how to comport myself, when to stand when a woman comes into a room, on the crict side of which to walk with a woman. If you're on the street, you walk on the street side, how to manage my emotions, how to deal with adversity.
Speaker 1: That is fatherhood.
Speaker 2: It's not whether you have enough money to cut a check for mom to have on a given day, week, or month. Nick Cannon may have twelve kids, and in his mind he's okay to have more because of his narcissism, but he cannot seriously argue he is a father and available to all of these children. Does not matter how well intentioned he may think he is. It doesn't mean that just because you show up for birthdays and an occasional school play that you're actually providing the necessary support as a father. For me, it's much more than being a sperm donor. It's much more than being the financier or the corporate underwriter. For all these kids, you have to be available for them, and also you're responsible to them and for them. Can't possibly do it. He can't do it right now. And this is assuming, going back to affordability, that he will be able to maintain his level of income at least for the next eighteen years or so. He has different and competing interests, and I don't care personally whether he has in a form of an agreement with the mothers of these children. It's unfair to the children. I know because I know what it's like to have an available father. I know what these children are missing out on because they come home and more nights than not, there is not a father there to check on them, to check on their homework, to just see how they're doing, to be there for them and show them what it means to be available, because let's not forget they are learning, especially the male children, they're learning what fatherhood is or supposed to be through the examples of Nick Cannon, and if he's never around, they're obviously not learning them or at least they're learning what I believe to be is a false version of fatherhood. You have to be available and for those who continue to support Nick Cannon and I have to be very delicate with this issue full disclosure. I know one of the mothers of his children. In fact, she used to work for iHeartRadio LA, so I know. Put it this way, I'm a little bit more knowledgeable about the general day to day of how Nick Cannon spreads his time and also spreads his resources, as it were, than some people. And I'm not trying to be disrespectful I care about not only the children, but one person who is involved with him. And I know, definitively no doubt in my mind that these kids, as they get older, will find out on their own. They will realize on their own that they have been cheated out of having an actual father. It doesn't mean that they will lack for anything as far as physical needs. It doesn't mean that they won't have clothes on their back, or they won't have food on the table. I'm not talking about any of that. That is important, don't get me wrong, But it's secondary or even tertiary. It is not at the top of the list of what makes the man be an actual father. I had an actual father, and here's the irony of it, grew up without his father, who died when he was five, So I've never met my paternal grandfather, and my father somehow managed to become a meaningful impact on my life without having that role model. I say that to say it's not impossible. But he, into his dying day, made it clear that he was always aware of his own father's absence. It's something that bothered him, It's something that plagued him, and it's something that he swore that he did not ever want to have repeated in his subsequent children's lives. Nick Cannon is all about himself. He's only thinking about having more children because it fills his need to satisfy his ego. But I wish his ego also considered his children, who he says he's a father to when he really is not. We're getting closer in clar to the weekend. If you didn't know, I talk about this on my show later with Mokelly.
Speaker 1: Often. I love to cruise.
Speaker 2: I've been on maybe I don't know six or seven cruises, been to the Caribbean twice, Mediterranean Cruise slash European Cruise, Mexican Riviera twice. Going to be cruising probably either in Africa, off the coast of Africa or Dubai in the next three or four years. We usually planned them years out. My point is I have enough experience with cruises that I know some things about them, some things you should do, should not do, would never do. And when I came across this story, I said, how in the hell is this even possible. There was this cruise ship, Canards Queen Anne cruise ship. It was like its maiden voyage and it's one hundred and eleven nights around the world. It began in January in Germany and it saw the ship traveling between Darwin, Australia and Manila in the Philippines last week, passing through some questionable areas and prior to navigating these questionable areas, the captain issued an on board safety warning. In a video of a loudspeaker announcement to passengers, it was made very clear. Passengers were told over the loudspeaker that the external promenade decks would be closed overnight and only essential open deck lights would remain on to minimize the ship's visibility. What and passengers were also asked to turn off their stateroom lights when not needed, to keep their curtains drawn. And mind you, people have paid like tens of thousands of dollars for this one hundred and eleven night trip. It's a luxury cruise ship and it can accommodate some three thousand guests. Well, why did they have to turn off the lights and close their curtains? While the waters in between Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines have been notorious for kidnapping for ransom incidents, they are worried about pirates boarding the cruise ship.
Speaker 1: And let me just tell you.
Speaker 2: If there is a possibility, not even a probability, a possibility, that you're on a cruise ship and you have to turn off the lights because pirates might be out there pirrating, your ass is on the wrong damn cruise ship. There is no way in the world that you should ever be on a cruise ship anywhere, at any time that might have to deal with the issue of pirates. And I wonder how much this cruise line, which I've never been on, was hiding from passengers. I know I would be sick to my stomach if someone said, hey, uh, best of all, Kelly, and stay round three eighty two, could you please close your curtains because we might have some pirates out there, and Johnny Depp might be one of them, so please turn off all your lights.
Speaker 1: Amy King, I know you've been on some cruises. You might be going on some cruises.
Speaker 2: As piratesing piratecy ever been a part of the equation?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: No, that would freak me out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did they just drop that on the passengers? And it just seems like you did.
Speaker 2: It's like, hey, you know, we had shuffle board playing on the lido deck tonight, but uh, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna have to cancel that. Please turn off your lights and remain quiet.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: We'll tell you though about one kind of freaky thing that happened during our cruise. We went to the Mediterranean, huh, and we went to go see.
Speaker 3: The pyramids, oh, in Giza, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: From the port, it's about a three hour three and a half hour bus ride. So we take a bunch of people from the ship, get on our bus, and off we go through the desert to Giza, and we would come to these small towns, but we never stopped.
Speaker 3: We just kept going and we're like, well, that's so weird.
Speaker 4: And then we were like they were like, oh yeah, they do that for buses and we were like okay. And then on the way back it was dark, so we could see the lights of the escorts that we had that were basically going ahead of us to clear the path, so we didn't have to stop.
Speaker 3: And we said, well, what is going on here?
Speaker 4: And they said, ah, well that's because if you stop the bus, they can get on and kidnap you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there are some questionable places in the world. I'm not denying that. But if you have to pay the money that you had to pay Amy King, the money that I had to pay, and I only like to do seven day cruises, I couldn't imagine being on a ship for a third of a year.
Speaker 3: I just know, No, that's a bit long.
Speaker 2: But I still would research the path, like I'm not going to get on a cruise close to hurricane season, obviously, and there are some cruise itineraries during hurricane season in the Caribbean. Don't ask me why, but there are. I'm not doing it. This is another example. If you know anything about that portion of the world around the Philippines, and you know that that is a pirate lane, if you will, do not ever get on that cruise ship ever, because clearly the cruise line was hiding it from the passengers. As far as the possibility of there might be an issue of getting kidnapped, that's not something I want to think about actively on vacation.
Speaker 3: It would really spoil the vacation.
Speaker 1: I think it might.
Speaker 2: It might, you know, it could bring it to an untimely end along with your life. But that's just one cruise tip from me. I'm quite sure Debra Mark may have some more during the John Colebelt Show later on.
Speaker 1: But I will say this.
Speaker 2: If you are someone who hasn't gone on a cruise, highly recommend. It's a good way that you can sample a number of places without dedicating your whole vacation to one place. Like for example, one of my Caribbean cruises, we went to Aruba. I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Not really care for a Ruba. We'll never go back again in life, but I really love Quartersow, which is just off the coast of Venezuela, and I would love to go back there again. Cruising gives you the option and opportunity to see a lot of places you would not necessarily think of spending a lot of time with you maybe inport for just a day, but it's a good way to sample the world, and I've been able to sample cities in Europe. I want to be able to sample more in Asia obviously, want to get to Africa, bend down to Mexico, and you get to see more of the world that way. I don't want to spend one hundred eleven days on a ship and also deal with pirates, but there are ways you can get around that. Hopefully, it's the Bill Handle show. I'm O Kelly and for Bill. Just want to give you this little tidbit. You know, yesterday I was talking about how marijuana there was some unintended consequences of legalization. I was for decriminalization, not legalization for recreational use, and people usually come back and me and say, mo, it's safer than alcohols, like yeah, yeah, yeah, blah blah blah. But now we have more states whereths legalized, we have more data and more history with people using it over a longer period of time. We have a better sense of the long term implications of marijuana use. And here is just the headline. New research and covers alarming heart risks for marijuana users.
Speaker 1: Check this out. Cannabis users under the age of fifty like Shendon Farren, could face a six time higher risk of heart attack compared to you non users like Gary Hoffman.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's so sweet that you said I was under fifty. That was kind.
Speaker 6: That was like as much of a compliment as I'm ever going to get from you, And I appreciate that I noticed it, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: That's all I got for you, Shan, That's all I have.
Speaker 5: A quick question based on what you just said.
Speaker 6: Sure, the weed of our youth, not that I don't think you ever smoked weed.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 6: You appear to me to be a straight edged person. But the weed of our youth, I would argue, was more data injurious than a couple of cocktails. Like I couldn't operate a vehicle after smoking weed when I was in high school, Like there was no way in hell I'd have a couple of course lights and I was probably okay.
Speaker 5: As opposed to the weed. I'm just saying you were saying that it's.
Speaker 1: A I think the weed today is a lot strong.
Speaker 5: Really, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: See, I don't have a comparison point, but I do know.
Speaker 6: Gary did smoke back then, but he smokes a lot now, and you can tell that's.
Speaker 1: What that's that's my experience.
Speaker 2: But the study doesn't differentiate between smoking and ingesting. So it's just saying I wanta in general, which is alarming to me.
Speaker 6: But like, now, can't you go to these designer pot shops and say I want a gummy that's going to be two corese lights or whatever, Like, isn't that a thing?
Speaker 1: I don't know if they can or I sandized the amount of THHC in the.
Speaker 5: Know how it works.
Speaker 7: I need to they're supposed to. I mean, if you buy a pack of five milligram, is that what it's called?
Speaker 1: Shannon, because she's the resident expert in the studio, I am not.
Speaker 5: I never was a weed person.
Speaker 7: I mean I've gone into those and said, Hey, I don't want something that's going to make me feel like my hands are eating my own arms and what. I don't want any of that stuff.
Speaker 5: What do they say?
Speaker 7: They're they're very accommodating, but I don't know if I don't know if that's part of a show or if they're actually I've been.
Speaker 1: In two weed dispensaries in my life.
Speaker 2: One was a friend owned it, and I had one edible, which was a chocolate chip cookie, and that was one of the two times I've ever had any type of marijuana in my life.
Speaker 6: I went into one of these dispensaries in Denver because it opened up around the corner from my friend's house, Katie, and I went in and was so intimidated and overwhelmed by this selection that I was like, I'm out.
Speaker 5: It was like going into.
Speaker 6: You know, North from rack and being like I got a way through this to find the one shirt, Like, No, absolutely not. But when I did try an edible that was my father's, I ate too much. And this was the last time I did the weed years ago. But I ate too much of the brownie or the cookie or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: Wasn't working fast enough for you.
Speaker 5: I think I just I didn't know how much.
Speaker 6: I just took a bite out of it, you know, which is probably ten times too much, because I just sat in a couch and became the couch and felt like I was made of cement.
Speaker 5: And I hated that.
Speaker 1: It doesn't do much for me.
Speaker 2: And I think that's part of the reason why I never started using it with any regularity.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't do anything for me.
Speaker 5: I just don't enjoy the feeling of that.
Speaker 7: And maybe that's your point, is that was too much. I know plenty of people who do it simply because it helps them sleep, or they relax, or it makes it makes a show funnier or something. I mean, all of those things are but you can go too far and feel I agree that feeling of I can't do anything and everybody knows I'm high and I can't I can't go anywhere. I can't go to sleep, I can't go upstairs to go to my bed.
Speaker 1: I'm way too specific right now.
Speaker 7: I've somehow become the third the third cushion on my couch.
Speaker 6: One time there was a body in my trunk and I didn't know what happened.
Speaker 1: Jennifern, what's on the show today?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I just got here.
Speaker 1: Okay, here you go.
Speaker 6: Oh oh, did you hear about the guy peeing and the water bottles at work?
Speaker 1: Not this work? Just to be clear, uh that you know of yes.
Speaker 6: So here was my conversation with Keana this morning because I sent her this story about a Texas janitor getting six years in prison for peeing in office water bottles, and she said to me, uh, you know, where'd you find that story?
Speaker 5: And I said, it's this one.
Speaker 6: And I said the fact that you think that there's more than one is a problem. And she said, well, I googled it and she found a lot. So apparently this is a thing. It's not just p it's other fluids, and they're going in the water bottles at work, and it's happening all over America.
Speaker 1: So this is where you say, stay dry. No. Oh, but it is Friday though, right, It is Friday coming up next to so I'm out of here.
Speaker 2: Have a safe weekend, have a fabulous weekend, have a dry weekend. Borrowing from Gary hoffin I'm out of Here caf I Am six forty. We're live everywhere the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handles Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app