Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, guys, Come on, come on, come on, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon's I'm now ladies and gentlemen, Yes, sir, here.
Speaker 1: We go, Rob Ryan Show, checking in on a Milk Monday. Welcome back to the weekend, everybody. I don't know what's going on with six Picks. I don't know what the twins are up to.
Speaker 3: I know they were busy this weekend, so we'll figure that out.
Speaker 1: We'll sort all that out. That'll be on links and guests. I know Milk Monday already mentioned. That'll be your Instagram feature. I just got done with the looking at Girls blog page, sent that over to the Chili.
Speaker 3: A lot of big birthdays today appearing on that.
Speaker 1: But what's going on on the show, Well, we got to pick up with Hello Jerry.
Speaker 3: Jerry's going for win number four, Fresh out.
Speaker 1: Of Bed head to Head and he's on a three day heater right now, beating up little kids in fresh Fish. We'll see who comes at him today. Can you beat Jerry? Start thinking about Colin. We'll play Fresh out of Bed Head to Head at six to twenty, Buzzfest tickets at seven twenty. I'll be encouraging you to vote for the local bands that all are trying to bring on Buzzfest that's already onthebuzz dot com and Chili has been posting that on links and guests. Ghost tickets at eight twenty Alternative Income Chance with one thousand dollars at nine ten Coheat and Cambriy tickets on No The Show ten percent, Chancer, Rain, Cloudy's guys, his Verron eighty six. Good morning Alex, what do you got for Houston's headline?
Speaker 3: Good morning ride, Good morning home room.
Speaker 4: Russia launch day significant drone strike on Ukraine yesterday, deploying one hundred and forty nine drones across six regions of the country. Ukrainian air defenses intercepted fifty seven of the drunes, while sixty seven others failed mid flight. This escalation occurred just hours after President Donald Trump had a one on one conversation with Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski at Pope's at Pope Francis's funeral in Vatican City. Both leaders described that meeting as productive, emphasizing discussions on achieving a full and unconditional ceasefire, which makes the whole Russia attack seem bad. President Trump was not happy with the Russian President Vladimir Putin after the attack and questioned his commitment to peace, as well as suggesting the possibility of imposing banking or secondary sanctions against Russia. President Trump is planning to sit down with ABC News in his first broadcast interview marking one hundred days in office for his second term. ABC News correspondent Terry Moran will conduct the interview in the Oval Office, which is going to air as a prime time special on Tuesday, April twenty ninth at seven pm. The exclusive sit down is going to stream on ABC News, Hulu, and Disney Plus. Thanks to a new study, scientists may have pinpointed the age that bad habits like smoking, drinking, and not exercising start to trigger health problems. And lucky for me, that age is thirty six. It's all going to catch up to you. I'm feeling it. I'm feeling it this week and I'm still feeling They tracked the health of hundreds of children born in the year nineteen fifty nine until they were sixty one years old, and found that those who regularly smoked, drank, and lounged around in their younger years ended up sicker and more depressed. On average, those people's health started decline at the age of thirty six.
Speaker 3: One researcher said, quote Our.
Speaker 4: Finding highlight the importance of tackling risky health behaviors as early as possible to prevent damage from building up over the years.
Speaker 3: You'd also look at it as another way.
Speaker 4: And just enjoy partying until your thirty six birthday and then maybe be like, hey, give me a gym membership, and then I'll come.
Speaker 3: Down the bot just start making some smarter decisions.
Speaker 1: But yeah, thirty seven, this years ago, well, you gotta lived. It's a way different life. You're helping out the next generation. I'm the guinea pig, all right, Shed Sanders.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm I'm a sports guy, but this is like the biggest sports story I feel like on the weekend. Was just like we talked about Friday, she was Standers acting drafted in the first round was a big deal. Yep, he didn't get drafted Friday either. Nope, Saturday he was finally drafted in the fifth round. But yeah, she Standers. Deion sanders Son he was the quarterback of Colorado the last few years. He was expected to be a top pick in the draft, and he fell all the way to the one hundred and forty fourth pick in the fifth round, where he was the Cleveland Browns quarterback that was taking. He's actually the second Cleveland Browns quarterback they drafted this year.
Speaker 3: His fall in the draft was not the only story, though.
Speaker 4: He got prank called on Friday by someone claiming to be the GM of the Saints and they told him quote, it's been a long wait, man, but you're gonna have to wait a little bit longer and then hung up. The whole interaction was filmed on multiple sides, including shadors, and eventually they found up The person ponssible for the prank call was a twenty one year old named Jax Olbrick. He's the son of the Falcons defensive coordinator Jeff Olbrick, who was the former interim coach of the Jets. Jacks later apologized to Shador online, calling it selfish and childish and said that he made a terrible mistake. He apparently was also able to talk to Shador on the phone and apologize to him that way as well. The Falcons is an apology later now, Jacks did not make the prank fall call phone call himself. But like, so Shador got a phone that was exclusively for the drug draft and only NFL like staffs have that info. And so he got the son, got the phone number from his dad's iPad, came it to his friend who then made the call. But he's in the video, and so very quickly they're like, that's Jack's olbrick. His dad is the defensive court. That's that's the leak, and so like you, I mean, it was these are those guys biggest. They're getting a job and you're you're mocking him, and I get it. There were memes and stuff like that, but you don't call guy and do that. We'll talk about it later. There's a link up that's going up for this. You can watch the call here. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class IF twenty twenty five was announced last night on American IDOL. There are thirteen inductees total in the performers category.
Speaker 3: Of the inductees were Bad.
Speaker 4: Company, Chubby Checker, Joe Cocker, Cyndi Lauper, Outcast, sound Guard, Navy Rode and the White Stripes, salt In Pepper and My Boy Warren Zvon are going to be inducted in the Musical Influence category. Fish, who won the fan vote last week, was not inducted. It's the second time ever that that's happened. They joined Dave Matthews Band. The induction ceremony will take place November eighth in la and it's the stream live on Disney Plus.
Speaker 3: I love though that when.
Speaker 4: They don't put the fan vote in, they're like, hey, thanks for doing that. You wasted all of your time, Yeph You mean nothing, but.
Speaker 3: You said it.
Speaker 1: The fan vote counts as one vote out of twelve hundred, right, So it's just but just why why do they harp to go vote that you have a voice.
Speaker 4: No, you don't. You don't have a voice, Salt. They don't care about your kicks. All right, let's go.
Speaker 3: That's what those are you sings lens.
Speaker 4: Take it. Astro's got a dub yesterday.
Speaker 3: They beat the Royals seven to three.
Speaker 4: Tonight they're gonna open up a series with the Tigers at Minute Or at the Dyke In Park. Renel Blanco is going to be on the mountain for the Strows. He's going up against Detroit's Jack flairdy I wrote a minute made park down on my thing first pitch at seventen. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In basketball, Yeah, Rockets, some Warriors play a Game four of their first round series tonight. Don a must win. Is another can't lose game for the Rockets to be asked to me? They're down two to one. There's a ref show again on Saturday night, and uh my voice is kind of shot from that top tip off.
Speaker 3: Tonight's at nine. Thank god, we get a late game again.
Speaker 4: You can hear the game on our sister station, News Radio seven forty k t X.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports. Let's go four hours of pain underway.
Speaker 1: You want the first phone call, come get it seven one three two one two five nine four five four five The buzz. Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show six eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, getting off to a.
Speaker 1: Bit of a late start here. It's okay. We got a lot of we got a lot of stuff to pack in. We'll get it all in there. Well, good morning, wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky, it.
Speaker 3: Is milk Monday.
Speaker 1: Lots of stuff for you on links and guests, Just real quick, who has six picks? I do you.
Speaker 3: We decided on Saturday, I think I'll just do it. Was it a okay? So it's your six picks, gotcha? Okay? Featuring lots of chili. Okay. Yeah, you guys were out.
Speaker 1: At the Crawfish Cookoff.
Speaker 3: Yeah that Saturday Saturday was a movie.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I can't wait to hear about it. Captain Cash and I were out of town. We went to go see ACDC in Las Vegas, in and out twenty four five, six, twenty seven hours in Vegas, in and out.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I put a couple of things on the story. I'll add a few more things as well. Guys, we got a busy, busy show for you. We've got a lot of ground to cover today. On the program, We've got Hello Jerry going for win number four, Fresh out of It, Hit You, Hit Challenge, and then Homeroom. You're getting pierced the Veil tickets June twelfth with the Woodlands. We're gonna hook you up with those, so make sure you are ready to go in Homeroom, Buzzfest tickets in the seven o'clock hour, and so much more.
Speaker 3: I see nothing over a ten percent chance of.
Speaker 1: Rain Cloudy's guys today highs up around eighty six.
Speaker 6: It's that time for the first phone call.
Speaker 7: Of the day.
Speaker 1: I guess John is up early with us. Hey John, good morning, Ron. Hi John, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm going pretty good. How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm great? It looks like you got the first phone call.
Speaker 1: Where are you from Pasadena?
Speaker 3: Yep? Okay? What are you doing this morning? What's going on?
Speaker 8: Car?
Speaker 3: See like, what's what's the deal with your new co host? What is the deal with my new co host? We were just talking about that, Alex and I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just been so's She's got the offer.
Speaker 3: She looked at the numbers. I talked to her.
Speaker 1: We moved some things around, sent it back, They moved some things around.
Speaker 3: It's back in her court right now. We're waiting for.
Speaker 1: Her to return her her counter offer and then boom. I'm looking to put this thing to bed in two weeks.
Speaker 3: That's hurt.
Speaker 1: That's that's everything. That is every single thing that's happening behind the curtain. I promise you on that, John, Thank you for the call. I've got to take a break because we're a little behind right now.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: John.
Speaker 1: On the flip, got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get back. We'll get back into everything and get you set up for the Fresh out of Bed Houston, Houston's alternative and home of the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five the Buzz. All right, welcome back, everybody, Rot Ryan's show on this meal Monday. You're getting after links, some guests this morning and checking things out.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get set up for the Fresh out of Bed. Head to your head coming up.
Speaker 1: Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today, twenty percent chance tonight. Looks like we're gonna have pretty much Cloudy's guys throughout the day, but Warmer hies him around eighty six. All right, trending, don't already talked about it. Bill Belichick is trending.
Speaker 4: Bill Belichick, we did not talk about but yeah, he is trending. His girlfriend Jordan's shut down some questions, specifically one about how they met on an interview with CBS Mornings yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like she is off in the wings.
Speaker 1: Bill Belichick, maybe the greatest football coach of all time is he's got a little twenty four year old chippy that in the middle of the interview, she's like, oh, We're not going there looking at girls. Yes, Yeah, it was just about where they met and stuff. She's like, we're not going there.
Speaker 4: And they've alleged they met on a flight where he signed her textbook. Yeah, and I don't know why you wouldn't want them to be able to ask that he's in a like Bill Belichick, was it like a shirt that just had holes in it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And she is running the show right now. And the way that the reporter was like.
Speaker 4: And Jordan was very engaging during our interview with Bill.
Speaker 3: Not with Jordan.
Speaker 4: Also, she's like, we're not no, no, yeah, next question, yeah, next question. If it worked for Trump's administration, she could be like, A, this is the press secretary person.
Speaker 3: It's so cringe. What else Jeff Ulbrick is trending.
Speaker 4: He is the Falcons defensive coordinator. We just talked about this in the headlines. But his son, Jack's was the person responsible for the prank phone call to Shador Sanders.
Speaker 1: That's on Links and Guests, so he's got its own blog page and then.
Speaker 3: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: We also talked about that Bad Company, Chubby Jacker, Joe Cocker, Cyndi Lauper, Outcast, Soundgarden and White Stripes are the Performer Category inductees this year.
Speaker 1: You gotta be happy about the White Stripes. That's one of your favorites.
Speaker 3: We didn't think.
Speaker 4: I didn't think there would be I thought it'd be a little while before White Stripes got in.
Speaker 1: Jack White is kind of a darling. Yeah, he's a musician's musician. They all love him.
Speaker 4: But the big story to me is that Fish didn't get in after being the fan vote. So your fan vote means nothing, apparently to them. Shout out to Warren Zevon he got in as well though, and a salton pepper.
Speaker 3: But that's what's trending on Knight befy the bus. All right, Hello, hello Jerry.
Speaker 9: Good morning. This is three time Hall teamer. Hello Jerry. Now you're fresh out of bed Head to head three day champion. See, I can beat people that are in ninth grade, and I can also take out some fresh fish during the on Monday when I make a win number four, it.
Speaker 1: Is seven one, three, two, two, five nine five.
Speaker 3: If you think you can beat them.
Speaker 10: You're listening to the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five the Bus. Some forty one with Landmines Rod Ryan Show. Welcome back from the weekend. Every one, cloudy sky today, ten percent chance of rain, high of eighty six.
Speaker 3: What do you got six twenty seven? Hit it?
Speaker 8: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge Listeners to York Corners.
Speaker 3: All right, Jerry, are you fresh out of bed?
Speaker 6: You ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I am fresh out of bed.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to go. Let's do this, okay? Yeah, Hello Jerry, Hello Jerry times you wake up today? Jerry about ten to six? Ten to six? Now do you normally get a better early?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: Usually I get it ten to five.
Speaker 3: Oh? Whoa sleeping in?
Speaker 8: I'm off today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for.
Speaker 3: You, dude.
Speaker 1: All right, you're taking on Kyle. Hello, Kyle, Wait a minute, I probably shouldn't. Let's see here maybe well maybe Kyle bone be holes Kyle?
Speaker 4: Are you there?
Speaker 3: I'm here, Hi, Kyle, Good morning, Good morning, Good morning, Kyle. I should say, welcome back. You played last year with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't do fair well?
Speaker 1: You didn't, All right?
Speaker 3: You want to fix that?
Speaker 6: I did?
Speaker 3: Okay, just beat Jerry.
Speaker 1: We'll forget about how bad you stunk last year. We'll forget all about it. Just beat Jerry today.
Speaker 3: I will do that, Okay.
Speaker 1: I like the way that sounds modest mouse flaming lips. Tickets up for grabs. August twentieth seven, one three Music Hall gentlemen, shout out your name when you think you know the answer to correct answers gets you to the show and most.
Speaker 3: Commonly back on tomorrow.
Speaker 11: You'd like that.
Speaker 1: Jerry going for win number four. He gets through you, Kyle. He tries to get back into the Hall of Fame tomorrow. So do something about it, Kyle, Jerry. Question number one, how many pockets Jerry?
Speaker 3: Go for it, Jerry or no, dam.
Speaker 1: No takebacks?
Speaker 3: No take backs. The toothpaste was out of the tube. Kyle. Yeah, yeah, Kyle.
Speaker 1: How many pockets are there on a standard pool table?
Speaker 3: Six?
Speaker 1: Six is the correct answer?
Speaker 3: Speedan finally caught up?
Speaker 4: Tom I mean it's not on nineteen eighty five movies.
Speaker 3: I can hear Adam typing. We we who speating? Pull over, Kyle. You're on the board.
Speaker 1: You're in a very you You're in a You're an interesting position right now, Kyle. Next question, Jerry and Kyle. What time zone is Kyle? Okay, all this junk is out.
Speaker 3: What do you got?
Speaker 1: Kyle answered Eastern Standard time Eastern?
Speaker 3: No oh. The question reads, what time zone is Houston in.
Speaker 1: Jerry? Central?
Speaker 3: Central time zone? What's wrong with you? Kyle? Why can't you read my mind? Why can't you read my paper?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Jerry's on the board. Good game, guys, good game for the win.
Speaker 3: We each have one. How does Kyle play? How does Jerry play?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 3: Here comes your question? What part of the body helps you see? Kyle? Kyle?
Speaker 5: I'm a wow, he sniped?
Speaker 3: What Kyle? Where you Where have you been? Kyle?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Last year play?
Speaker 4: Jerry was right there. Kyle is just a little bit fast. I thought Jerry was unbeatable. I thought it was unbeast week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninth graders, undefeated ninth graders and fresh fishers.
Speaker 3: You're right, You're right, all right, Jerry. We gotta say goodbye to you. It's always fun having you on.
Speaker 1: Kyle. I'm gonna completely forget how horrible you were like last year, and we're going to start out with this clean piece of paper on a Monday.
Speaker 3: You're the best player on the planet right now. I like it. You want to play tomorrow? Yes, they're okay, dude.
Speaker 5: Good having you back.
Speaker 3: Really good game today. Hey, we don't need your attitude.
Speaker 8: We have one a rod Ryan Show, Okay, ninety four to five the buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Three days Grace and I hate everything about you.
Speaker 3: How about that game?
Speaker 1: What Mondays can be a little I mean, if you've listened.
Speaker 3: To this show over the years, just traditionally Mondays can be a little rough around these parts. Okay, that game can be rough. It was definitely rough for Jerry. But man, this guy got it done. A fresh on a.
Speaker 8: Bed head to hand challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody. This is Kyle.
Speaker 11: After about a year's absence, I am your fresh out of bed head to head one day champions.
Speaker 3: Some are calling thee of the year.
Speaker 11: Yeah, as I just took out a three time Hall of Famer, Join me on Tuesday when I make it win number two. Bitches.
Speaker 1: I think I'm some of those people that are calling at the upset.
Speaker 3: Of the year. I think I'm one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's really really good man. Now can Kyle keep this going?
Speaker 3: We'll see, We'll see. Jerry was lights out last week.
Speaker 9: Yeah he was.
Speaker 3: I thought he was untouchable.
Speaker 1: Man, he was he was absolutely today he had three of his best games.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, that's why you play the game.
Speaker 12: It's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 3: There comes your fun facts today.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hal, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Who gave Hall the bell? I got it, I got the bell.
Speaker 1: Brought this one in specifically for you, Harold. The NHL's Stanley Cup can hold twenty three beers. There's no cooler trophy.
Speaker 3: In all of sports.
Speaker 1: And that thing has been through hell and everything else and back. But yeah, Hal and I have seen the Cup before, we've been near it. But I gotta say drinking a beer out of the Stanley Cup would be the ultimate.
Speaker 3: They didn't let us touch. No, they wouldn't know. They didn't even.
Speaker 1: Want you to really looking at it. But yeah, that's the holy Grail for sure. That's twenty three twelve ounce bottles or just over two gallons.
Speaker 3: Okay, more fun facts.
Speaker 1: After Top Gun came out, the number of men joining the Navy to become naval pilots went up five hundred percent. I mean, that was probably the greatest Navy commercial of all time.
Speaker 4: You know, is they like buying ads like join the Navy? They should just like play increments of Top Gun.
Speaker 13: What about?
Speaker 3: Like what other movies? Impact? Did Recruitment? I mean? Or Hurt Recruitment Medal? Jackie Dam? Did you see Full Metal Jack?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: I'm never doing that Forrest Dump.
Speaker 1: If you watch the opening twenty minutes of Saving Private Ryan, you had never enlisted in anything? I mean, that's like all right.
Speaker 3: Finally.
Speaker 1: The original name for Frank Sinatra song New York, New York was Theme from New York, New York. It was the theme song for Martin Scorsese's movie New York, New York in nineteen seventy seven. That version was performed by Liza Minelli. The first version of that song was sung by Liza Minelli. Sinoptra said, hey, wa wait, this sounds pretty good. He went re recorded his own version in seventy nine. That became the version that we all know.
Speaker 3: That's neat start spread in the news.
Speaker 12: Fuck thats to the day we make you look smart in front of your bodies.
Speaker 8: It's the fuck that to the.
Speaker 1: Day Captain Cash, Big Liza Minelly, Guy, I didn't know if you knew that about him?
Speaker 3: Huge Liza Minelly, guy loves her, love the hair.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm, mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: I have pierced the veil tickets there, I can't hear you. Tour Sleeping with Sirens and beech Weather on the bill June twelfth. Woodlands Pavilion tickets run on sale now through ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 3: Or you can just do this.
Speaker 1: It's your bast What animal can actually survive drinking ocean water? Their kidneys can kind of filter out the salt and they can use that water for hydration. Our kidneys can't do this. What animal that we learned on Friday can do this? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. I don't know when this guy had time to check on these things, because I know he was partied in Vegas all weekend.
Speaker 3: You it was on the plane. Oh okay, good, see this guy's always working. How'd you do on Friday? Well, it was all green. The Dow was up twenty points. Kick off this morning at forty and thirteen.
Speaker 14: NASTAC up two hundred and sixteen to seventeen thousand and three eighty two Bench Martin, Your Treasury's trading at port all right a two point two seven percent and oil sands at sixty two dollars seventy three cents a barrel. Two of the most actors the Big Studs Navidia, Murk and IBM, The Big Duds Verizon, Nike and United Health. The economic CAOUNTDAR this morning is all clear right now features just barely on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it man here. This is Howland managed to director with Raymon James reported for The Rod Ryan Show. From Raymond James on Sam Flee, Ben Agustin, don't forget to bays rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 7: Faman's expressed are those of alland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Thank come ever, NYT AS, IBC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end Because programs are educational and informational services on the Studs and Duds are based on movement as reported.
Speaker 3: By Young ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, who's on the phone.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, good morning, Hi morning, Hi. What's your name?
Speaker 10: Thatch?
Speaker 1: Hi, Zach, welcome in. Good to have you on homeroom. The question this morning was a fun fact on Friday. This animal can actually survive drinking ocean water. What is that animal?
Speaker 9: It is a cat?
Speaker 3: Show me cats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, filthy, filthy cats.
Speaker 3: They can survive drinking ocean water.
Speaker 1: Their kidneys can filter out the salt and they can use the water as hydration.
Speaker 3: US not so much.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, You're off to go see Pierced the Veil with Sleeping with Sirens Beach Weather, June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion. My man, thank you, awesome, You're awesome. Hang on, Alex is putting the finishing touches on another Houston headlines. We'll have that for you in about three minutes right now. Leonard Kravitz on the Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Lenny Crabbits, fly away, rod Ryan show them this Monday, Welcome back from the weekend. Guys.
Speaker 3: I hope it was a great weekend for you.
Speaker 1: I can't wait a little busy this hour. Can't wait to get into Alex has six picks. I saw the picture of you in Los Magnificos. Yeah, he emails all the time, and he came out specifically to meet you guys. He sent me an email last week he said, I'm gonna go meet the twins. I said, okay, if you do, man, make sure you can get a picture and.
Speaker 3: I see you guys. Use it was a lot of fun. Yeah, yeah, all right, that's good.
Speaker 1: I saw that on our instagram at Rob Ryan's show, so it's just.
Speaker 3: A little taste.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to go see what Alex and Chili got into. This weekend, they were out at Cactus Cove for the Crawfish.
Speaker 3: Fest trafish Cooking. Did you eat a lot? Did you so much?
Speaker 6: Fu?
Speaker 1: Visiting old not enough?
Speaker 3: I wanted more. It's hard to visit all the teams. I know you guys weren't judging, but we're not judging.
Speaker 4: We got to hand out this stuff and the People's Choice got a wrestling belt.
Speaker 3: It was great. That's cool.
Speaker 1: Cloudy skuys today ten percent chance of rain high eighty six. Houston's headlines Please well, good morning everyone. Russia launch day significant drone assault on Ukraine yesterday, deploying one hundred and forty nine drones across six regions of the country. Ukrainian air defenses were able to intercept fifty seven of those drones, biled another sixty seven failed mid flight. Escalation occurred just hours after President Donald Trump had a one on one conversation with Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski at Pope Francis's funeral in Vatican City. Both leaders described their meeting as productive, emphasizing discussions on achieving a full and unconditional ceasefire and then President Trump was not happy with Russian President Vladimir Putin after the attack yesterday and questioned his commitment to peace, as well as suggesting the possibility of imposing banking or secondary sanctions against Russia.
Speaker 4: Two people have been arrested in connection with the theft of Homeland.
Speaker 1: Security Secretary Christi.
Speaker 3: Noem's perse on Easter Sunday in Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: The stolen purse contained approximately three thousand dollars in cash, Noem's passport, driver's license, apartment keys, and her Department of Homeland Security badge. The first suspect has been identified as forty nine year old Mario Busta Monte Lieva.
Speaker 1: Mario, wrong person to steal. I mean, it's don't steal anyone someone else's. You're like, not a headline, you're stealing the Department of Homeland Securities person.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How dumb are you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Not a great look. I'm sure they didn't know who she was. I'm sure they were just grabbing a person. That's no, there's no way she was targeted specific that's kind of what they're saying, right.
Speaker 4: So he was a Chilean national residing in the US illegally, and he was apprehended with that incident. Authorities described him as a serial offender and linked to multiple thefts in the US or in the US or in the area.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 4: The US Attorney Ed Martin stated that there's no indication that Noem was targeted.
Speaker 3: Do to her official position.
Speaker 4: A second suspect was also reportedly in the country illegally and was later apprehended in Miami.
Speaker 3: You grab yeah, bad, bad time.
Speaker 4: He's coming for those guys. This is maybe my favorite story of the day. Toby Keith, he did pass away last February, but his memory is still going strong, not only in his music.
Speaker 3: But in the world of horse racing as well. If he did not know.
Speaker 4: One of Toby's dreams was to get a horse to race in the Kentucky Derby. And even though he's not around to see it, his dream is finally realized. His horse named Rendered Judgment, which is the perfect Toby Key like that would be a perfect Tobe Key song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to compete.
Speaker 4: In this weekend's Kentucky Derby and it's currently at thirty to one. I've not the best, but if you don't think I'm throwing a couple of shekels on Render Judgment, you're crazy.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: One of the coolest memories from the Kentucky Derby. I'm sure I've shared this story before. When Jimmy Buffett was alive, he had a horse and he was doing his set at jazz Fest and he.
Speaker 3: Said, hey guy, he stops.
Speaker 1: He stops in the middle of his set and he goes, hey, guys, if you don't mind, I'd like to see how my horse is doing. Can we pull it up on the big screen. And at jazz Fest on the big screens one hundred thousand people. It was the biggest viewing party for the Kentucky Derby and we watched his horse. His horse didn't win, but we watched the Kentucky Derby on the big screens. It's two minutes with Jimmy Buffett. That's really cool.
Speaker 3: It was the best. It was so cool. So this is gonna be fun too.
Speaker 4: So if you're going to a Kentucky Derby parties, we're gonna just say hey, I like render judgment and you'll seem like you know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the world.
Speaker 3: There's a link up for that for that on links and guests. Rpter Toby though now here's a real one.
Speaker 1: You got a little uh, you got a little follow up to some other racing that went down this weekend.
Speaker 3: A historic weekend for racing.
Speaker 4: The world's first sperm race happened in la on Friday night, with a student from usc going up against another student from UCLA. The whole thing was live streamed on YouTube and you could even place bets on it. People wagered a combined three hundred and twenty nine thousand dollars combined wow on the race. The footage they showed left a lot of people thinking the whole thing might be staged, though it showed each guy's swimmers racing across a two millimeters wide track that kind of seemed like CGI. And also doctors are saying that sperm doesn't usually swim like in a straight direction like that.
Speaker 3: So they took real money bets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if this turns out to be something that was already pre determined, and like you said, CGI, I can't see how.
Speaker 3: They couldn't get in big trouble for this.
Speaker 4: If you're taking a funny amount of like Madden video games where they just stimulate that and like that could also technically be predetermined. But I don't don't think you're gonna win if your final lawsuit about like sperm racing. Yeah, you know, I feel like that this is kind of uncharted territory, so you may not get your money back on that.
Speaker 1: They'll do trash talking, dude's trash talking and the whole thing, and by one account it said it had a rustle Mania vibe to it. So we'll see if this thing continues. There's a full link up on links to get back at a certain point. But yeah, organizers claim that the results are legit. But we got all this stuff on the real famous Right Ryan showpage.
Speaker 3: The Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 4: The LAPD released audio and bodycam footage from the incident with Weezer Basis Scott Schreiner's wife, Gillian Lauren. The video shows officers issuing warnings before shooting her, and officers could be heard in the video shouting quote, ma'am, we're trying to help you put the gun down. You're going to get shot. It's the police. Lauren has not publicly commented on the incident. She and Schreiner have been married since two thousand and five and had two adopted sons, so.
Speaker 3: It looks like the police might have been not in the wrong enough. Yes, she came out waiting.
Speaker 4: At don't don't pull down on police guys.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go. Astro's gotta win.
Speaker 4: Yesterday we get the Royals seven to three to salvage one of the three games in their series. Tonight, they're gonna open up a series with the Tigers at dyk In Park. Renew Blanco will be on the mound for the show's going up against the Choice. Jack Flaherty first pitches at seven to ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talks seven to ninety in basketball shot, there you go, Rockets and Warriors played Game four their first round series tonight.
Speaker 3: Golden State leads at two games to one. It's not a must win.
Speaker 4: You can't lose for the Rockets, who are three and a half point underdogs heading into this one. Tip Off was at nine, and you can hear the game on our sister station, news radio seven.
Speaker 11: K t H.
Speaker 3: Let's go Rockets. Beat the hell out of Draymond.
Speaker 4: I hate that guy so much with all of my art, but that's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 3: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz Here ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Breg, Benjamin and Britten Cold Ram I.
Speaker 3: Help you off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 1: Man, Thanks for getting up dark and early with us seven O four ten percent chance of rain, cloudy sky's highs of around eighty six Buzzfest tickets this hour. Cannot mention Buzzfest this week without encouraging you all to go and vote for Bring on Buzzfests. I think it's thirty five bands. I've not voted yet either. We told you about this on Friday, maybe Thursday. It's gonna take a little time. I'm gonna use my week and I'm going to What Alex said is give yourself a couple of days, go through keep notes. Who do you want to open up Buzzfest. There's about thirty five local bands that are kicking ass right there. Would love the opportunity of a lifetime. You kind of hold the keys to that by voting. Your vote is very very important you do that. Chili's usually putting that stuff on links and guests. You can get to it from the mainframe if you log onto thebuzz dot com.
Speaker 3: It was a really busy weekend.
Speaker 1: I hope you guys all had a great weekend and as always, thanks for coming back to us here April twenty eighth.
Speaker 3: We're gonna like.
Speaker 1: We're gonna send off April this week already.
Speaker 3: Do you believe it? I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it.
Speaker 3: Alex, you got six picks up this uh on this.
Speaker 1: Monday, and I like, I like how Chili you know he wants the web clicks. He's thirsty using your kid as the bait. It's really cute. She's really cute. I'm looking at the six picks. Went to the park with the kid, So that's a good start. But Cactus Cove's sixth annual Crawfish Cookoff, you would bolk at the six picks, you and your twin. I see somebody it looks a little familiar in there. Is that Tessa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Testa showed up and we had to hang out with her and her her better half, Travis.
Speaker 3: Uh huh uh huh, and they were a lot of fun. Is she flipping off the camera?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was like, heyy, this is a nice place. Like she can't do that, Like she's on the TV now. They don't go for that. Houston life would never used to Life wouldn't allow that. So you a sen this to her boss.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she won't be using that on the show today. But so you got to see.
Speaker 4: Uh So Tessa came out to see tessaw fish.
Speaker 3: She hung out. Then the Gravy Gang was out there. That was cool.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, that's good to see last lost Magnificos. He was he was great. It was great to see him. And then I had so much crawfish.
Speaker 1: I saw, I saw, I saw a bunch of Gravy gangers there, but I saw mikey Pp he was there. He's the guy that came in and lost to you on read my lips see.
Speaker 4: But obviously it was all of okay, it's all love so old kids, but his family, it was a lot of It was a lot of fun hanging.
Speaker 3: Out of there, buddy. So you guys weren't judging. We judge.
Speaker 4: We were like m seeing the event. And then they the band there, Chili was not?
Speaker 3: Were they not? Was a vibe? Do you remember the name of the band, because they always have really good fun Jay they always they always have like really really good music at these things. He kill saxophone. It was great, yo.
Speaker 1: Were you supposed to have six picks this weekend?
Speaker 5: No, it was Alex was turned minus next week. Now it's Chili's okay, Yeah, well this weekend coming up? Yeah, it was uh.
Speaker 1: Put a hurting on a gunner, Oh yeah, I put.
Speaker 5: A hurting on for myself.
Speaker 1: This guy can put away some crawfish like I've never seen before, Like I've never seen him eat a lot on any other setting. There's something about crawfish and it's not like he eats it all at once.
Speaker 3: The guy has this crazy longevity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm in there for the long You.
Speaker 1: Are in there, and you just keep packing that crass. I don't know where you put all that crawfish.
Speaker 5: But I've got says I didn't even know I had. And my buddy, did you get after it on Saturday? Yeah? I got it after it?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: It was fun, great event. You know, it was a great crowd. I'm not gonna lie shout out to uh the what was the lady from the dust the waxing to call on on Fridays on open phones.
Speaker 3: That waxing bar all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she she went out there and met us up and she'd give you guys.
Speaker 3: Oh she wanted to like wax somebody's balls. Yeah, she was. She were kind of a little resistant to that. She offered. She offered ball waxing.
Speaker 5: I think she wants to show she wants to become the official ball waxer of the rough Riding Show. But uh, yeah, they showed up. It was a lot of love. But it was a great vibe, like Alex the saying, the great begangers make it fun. It was great, seat Tessa awesome. Uh you know, it was all love. It was all love. So that's a good, good event.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Everybody made it home and that's all that we meant.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm glad you guys had a good time.
Speaker 1: I put a couple of pictures up on our story if you're following our Instagram at Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry, I don't know the dude's name.
Speaker 1: I don't even know that we exchanged names, but he was on our flight, alex Or. I'm sorry, Hall and I. We went with the girls to ACDC in Las Vegas. We put this trip together Tuesday, yeah, last week, Okay, so that means it was a million dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay when you wait this long, stupid.
Speaker 1: It's just I had a rare opportunity that somebody was going to be able to watch London for the weekend, and I'm like, okay, boom, let's do this. So we put together. We were twenty seven hours in Vegas. There was a guy in the flight. He said he was going to be the first phone caller. He must not have gotten through, but he's a big Raiders fan. But he had already seen ACDC on this tour. He was on our flight there and he was on it. He did the same schedule as us as on our flight home. And I saw him at the airport and he's wearing an ACDC T shirt.
Speaker 3: And I said, dude, the big.
Speaker 1: Question was anytime you saw somebody wearing an ACDC T shirt. They were all over in Vegas. The question was, hold on, you wait in line for that? Okay, the merchandise line at Mandalay Bay, that's where we stayed, which.
Speaker 3: Is right behind the football stadium.
Speaker 1: You could, like we could walk there from our from our casino, our hotel. They had a pop up shop inside of Mandalay Bay two and a half hour weight, Wow, to buy a damn T shirt? Sixty dollars shirt, Yes, two and a half hour weight. And people were waiting in that line. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. I'm telling you, above all and beyond every band, and I've said this for years, ACDC the worst merchandise lines I've ever seen. Meaning they've got great merch and everybody wants to walk around with.
Speaker 3: Everybody wants an ac DC T shirt.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, guns N' Roses, there's not another band where people want the merchandise. And the other thing is those blinky devil horns, yeah, that they have at the shows, and you just see those going everywhere, like every girl wants one. You know, and guys are wearing them too. I'd never seen anything like it. He got a shirt. He said he found a place in the stadium where it was only a thirty five to forty minute wait. But I took a picture with him at the airport. I hope he sends that to me ac DC. I mean, they're awesome. What are you gonna do? I mean, they're not gonna play again? This is it, This is it. Brian Johnson's voice is just not there, but it's him, and it's Angus being Angus and stuff, and it's just, you know, top five rock band of all time DC and Yeah.
Speaker 3: They were great that they were absolutely great. So that's nice.
Speaker 15: Though.
Speaker 1: I'll add some more pictures up to the story. There's a lot of people from Houston and the other thing. On the way back Dead and Company. There was a bunch of people from Houston back. Oh. Ted Cruise was on my flight. Oh that they're sitting in the first row. There was two seats. We almost thought about sitting next to him, but I had like there was no overhead availability near him. I didn't know he's getting called in Houston. Yeah, Ted Cruise, first row. I didn't see him waiting for the plane. All of a sudden, you just we walked on. It was like boom, just ted Cruiz first seat, Dead and Company security.
Speaker 3: No, just he was rolling solo by himself.
Speaker 1: The three rows of Dead and Company people, I don't know what they were passing out at that show.
Speaker 3: These people looked wrecked.
Speaker 1: They looked like they partied their assets off, like they partied way more than the ac DC people that were on our plane. The Dead and Company people's There was this road a dude and two chicks. They just looked annihilated. What did you do to yourself? I mean at that Dead and Company show? But they were at the sphere this weekend, so.
Speaker 3: It's fun, all right.
Speaker 1: I'll get some more pictures up on our story at Rob Ryan's show. I see Alex's six Picks, Chili six Picks next weekend.
Speaker 3: Can't wait for that.
Speaker 16: Houston's Alternatives and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, welcome back everybody, Rob Ryan's show on this MILF Monday. My gosh, I just.
Speaker 3: Took glance at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, wow. Chili just chimed in here with us in a series like hey man, uh are you guys not playing the Texas Hammer Game today.
Speaker 3: We are we are playing the Texas Hammer Game today.
Speaker 1: I need you to call now though, call man to win the best game in Houston.
Speaker 3: Who wants it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's for Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 3: You need to get on the horn immediately. I'm gonna turn around and play this game right now.
Speaker 1: So if you want to play the Texas Hammer Game to win those tickets. Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 3: Okay, well Chile, he's taking those calls. Milk Monday though, you were just talking about it.
Speaker 1: I don't care if it's not trending. Let's get it trending. Yeah, Milk Monday is ridiculous. Who's responsible for sending.
Speaker 3: That drew from Cyprus? Holy canoley account? Oh great job, buddy, True you're my favorite. Trew's my favorite. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Check out yah yah to a famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot.
Speaker 3: Com Choose and Riss.
Speaker 4: Also trending is Sidor Sanders, who's already kind of talked about this. He think the story of the drafted, probably that he was supposed to be a top pick fell to the fifth round. You got prank phone called All that stuff is also on the will finished Road, Ryan Shoppage at the Buzz dot com. And then my favorite trending thing right now is gorilla is trending. The debate it broke out and swept the internet this weekend was could one hundred men take down one silverback gorilla just like fare handed and everything like.
Speaker 3: Cold hand to hand combat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so embrace debate on that, but it had the internet talking this weekend, and I'm all for arguments like that. I think the gorilla has a tough fight. If you look back at my good friend Harambe, it doesn't end well for gorillas when they're fighting men. Well but you said no weapons, right right, But little kid didn't have a weapon. Someone else did, so go check it. That's what's trending on ninety five the bus.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, let's play.
Speaker 4: This is DMA.
Speaker 3: It's time to play the Texas Hammer game.
Speaker 4: What do you guys?
Speaker 3: Did you forget about?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 3: Never Never?
Speaker 1: Put Ron Ryan on.
Speaker 3: Ninety more bus. He was waiting.
Speaker 1: He's like mister rals going, guys, are we not playing today? Hello?
Speaker 3: Are we not playing today?
Speaker 1: We are?
Speaker 3: It was monday. We are playing today. It is Monday. And we got Ricky on the phone. Ricky yes, sir, Hi, Ricky, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm living to dream?
Speaker 3: How much so great? Good to have you on this morning. So you know how the game works.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna play you some lyrics spoken by the Great Texas Hammer, and after you hear them, you tell me the name of the song.
Speaker 3: And the name of the band.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, sir, all right, my man, let's take a listen here together.
Speaker 13: It all keeps adding up. I think I'm cracking up.
Speaker 3: That sounds so familiar, Ricky, name of the band, name of the song, three two. I don't have anything, okay, Ricky, same as you.
Speaker 1: I don't have anything, but I feel like I might have something. I feel like Josh might get this. Josh, good morning, good morning, Good morning, dude. Let's take a listen here.
Speaker 13: It all keeps adding up. I think I'm cracked.
Speaker 1: It up up, Josh, render the band name of the song too. Oh my god, I actually have this one. I'm so smart, all right, second time in the history of this game.
Speaker 3: That I know what it is. Seven one, three two win two five nine four five.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Show on NUS.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan showed now Lincoln Park was in Dallas this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a bunch of people that were going to that show, and I did.
Speaker 17: Get as awesome Austin, Austin, Austin, Okay, it was awesome.
Speaker 3: It was okay.
Speaker 1: So we had a bunch of people making that trip because we had talked to them on Friday.
Speaker 3: Sam Conway was one of them.
Speaker 1: He said, Brother rod Man, the Lincoln Park and Lincoln Park show was amazing. You've got to catch them next time they come around. And of course I will. I promise, as promised, here are my picks. I really wanted to write up a better email and how I felt about the new lineup, but I'll just say everyone is bringing this same energy. It's a machine that is well put together right now and going full steam ahead. Hope y'all had just as awesome a weekend as we did. Much loved Sam and his wife and they sent some pictures along. I sent those over to Chile. We'll probably get those up on our Facebook page. I'll see if I get something up on stories too. And then Dana Gonzalez, a whole family went out. It's a good morning buzz family.
Speaker 3: As promised. Here are a few picture of our weekend.
Speaker 1: It's Dannia was her twelfth birthday Byron, the husband thirty seventh birthday ten year old son Aaron went, we had a blast and it looks like the kids this was their first concert, your first concert being Lincoln Park.
Speaker 3: Pretty sick. My daughter made a poster. They didn't let her take it in. That sucks. Thank you for all that you guys do to better our mornings. Our whole group, our whole.
Speaker 1: Family enjoys the station and music. God bless you guys.
Speaker 3: And keep it up. Never lose that spark love the Gonzales family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she there, she is outside. It's like, hey, it's my birthday and my first concert. Now the poster thing, well, here they are. I'm gonna do a follow up email because the kids are taking a picture next to the Lincoln Park. It says from zero World two or VIP check in. Well ho ho are you guys vipping it? She's also wearing a birthday sash. I see the gal the poster thing like you got a poster her? Uh WrestleMania and you gotta pass the baby. It was a flag. Yeah okay, So what are your thoughts on her bringing poster board size?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's three feet by two feet, and they're like, you can't bring that in. That's gonna block somebody's view. Your thoughts on that, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I get it it's a kid, Like you got a kid, bring that in, But then I would be pretty mad if like, if you you gotta be able to time your signs. You know, like there's if you hold the sign up the entire show, that's a little much, but if you're holding it up in between songs, like okay, it's a little different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're right behind that person, be a little.
Speaker 3: Bit a lot more lenient on a kid than a grown that.
Speaker 4: I've been to so many shows where they have signs out there, like blinko At they were all kinds of signs and stuff, and Tom.
Speaker 1: Has said, oh my god, you beat cancer too. I mean, like I think the band likes it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess everybody would be different on that. I don't want to be behind the person with a sign. I think signs are cool until they're in front of me. Yeah, I don't care if it's great at your birthday and everything. I love your sign, don't stand in front of me with it.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, until I am behind somebody with a sign, it's fine to me, So Danny, a great job on your sign.
Speaker 1: I sent these over to the Chile and then eternal intern Michelle.
Speaker 3: Went to go see. You know, smash mov played this weekend at the Miller Outdoor Theater. I did not know that. And when she told.
Speaker 1: Me that she got tickets, I'm like, I think the whole thing about the Miller Outdoor Theater is it's a free show. It's free always. You had to get tickets just to avoid any kind of a crazy thing.
Speaker 3: And Steve's not in the band anymore.
Speaker 1: Steve passed away, right, but he wasn't in the band, and I think they were still smash mouthing without him, as he was kind of dealing with his things. Good morning. The show sounded like a lot of fun that you went to ac DC. My boyfriend Ben and I went to go see smash Mouth for free on Friday night Miller out There Theater.
Speaker 3: We were in the first row. The show was awesome.
Speaker 1: The only original member from the band is the bass guitarist. The new singer, Zach Good has really improved a lot on his vocals and they've got a new album coming this summer, which they played a new song and I really really liked it. Huh, all right, yes, oh, she sent some pictures Steve smash Mouth.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They played on Friday, and she had told me, like right at the end of the show, she was yelling at me for.
Speaker 3: Not letting her know that I was going to ac DC. I'm like, man, I put that trip together last minute. All right, Well, thank you man.
Speaker 1: It's great you guys a getting out there and doing some concert reviews for us. I appreciate it. This is damn Handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer game.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, Rod run on nine.
Speaker 1: For one of the first time ever. We've been playing this game for years. I heard the lyrics.
Speaker 3: And I actually.
Speaker 1: I took the Hammer's lyrics and I was doing it in the melody of the song.
Speaker 3: It never works like that for me. Eric, Good morning, Good morning. How are you today? I think I'm doing okay.
Speaker 1: Did you go to a concert this weekend? Everybody went to a concert or a crawfish boil?
Speaker 3: What'd you do?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 3: I did two fencing tournaments.
Speaker 1: Fencing tournaments, yes, one in San Antonio, one in Austin. You're the swashbuckler out there with the with the needle and the sword.
Speaker 3: What is it called?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 3: I use an fa Okay, Wow, did you win? I did pretty good? Nice?
Speaker 1: And you have to have a picture in your get up, right I do? Are you gonna send it to me?
Speaker 3: I willmash swashbuckler?
Speaker 1: Eric over here?
Speaker 3: Have you seen the movie I Love you man?
Speaker 2: I don't think I have.
Speaker 3: Never mind, there's a fencing scene in there. Your fencing friends were like theirs? Have you seen the Three Musketeers? Also a great question? Great fencers?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Eric, you want to play game?
Speaker 4: Okay, I just want to ask him fencing questions.
Speaker 1: I know, really can you? You can't poke him in the face, right, Like you're wearing that little fence guard over you. Like that's like not you don't get a point for that, right, it's.
Speaker 3: What they are wearing a mask, so you're not gonna take an eye out. Yeah, okay, all right, let's take a listen to this little sading up.
Speaker 13: I think I'm cracking it up.
Speaker 3: What's the name of the band? What's the name of the song? Swashbuckler?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I know what's screen day? Is? It?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 3: It is not.
Speaker 1: Eric rod at the Buzz dot Com. I want that pick Swashbuckler.
Speaker 3: That's sick. Daniel. Good morning, good more, Hi Daniel, welcome to the game.
Speaker 13: It all keeps adding up. I think I'm cracking up.
Speaker 3: What's the name of the band, what's the name of the song?
Speaker 4: Basket Case, Green Day?
Speaker 1: Come on? It all keeps that in U.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard it immediately.
Speaker 1: It never happened.
Speaker 3: Hey, Daniel, you just won. Congratulations.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, Thank you all.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Dary, good morning. Did you have a great weekend?
Speaker 5: It was It was pretty uneventful, but it was space very relaxed.
Speaker 3: I'm good. I'm glad.
Speaker 1: You want to go to Buzzfest and party with us absolutely Saturday, May twenty fourth, Daniel, you're in. Congratulations, awesome, great you guys.
Speaker 3: Appreciate job. I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Shows, Yeah, we go.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, bread Day, basket Case. Oh, this Washbuckler was close. The guy that was fencing this weekend, I got the heads up.
Speaker 3: Though I'm looking.
Speaker 1: I want to see pictures of this guy fencing. It was good having him on.
Speaker 3: But there you have it.
Speaker 1: That's Buzzfest tickets out the door. Have you guys all voted for the local bands that are trying trying to compete? Yeah, it's gonna take you a while. Okay, I mean we went full on. Man, there's thirty five bands on there. You gotta go and listen. You gotta watch their videos. These are all live performances. Okay, you got to prove, you know, these bands had to prove to us to get to this point that, Okay, you can plug in and play your instruments, because that's what this is going to be.
Speaker 3: There's no trickery in the studio, there's no nothing.
Speaker 1: We got to see if your singer can sing, Can your bass player bass?
Speaker 3: Can your drummer drum? Can your guitar player guitar?
Speaker 1: So you determine now who is going to open up Buzzfest. Your vote means a ton in this process. Okay, it's not like the Rock and.
Speaker 3: Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Your vote, your vote does mean a lot to us. So where do you do that? You log onto the buzz dot com on the mainframe. Chili's been real good about putt that on links and guests as well. Where you see Alex's six picks from the weekend. The boys were out at the Crawfish Cookoff. I knew we were gonna be inundated with a bunch of stuff today, so I will do I'll just some I'll do an ACDC blog page.
Speaker 3: Leader, and we'll have it up tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: I want to, I do want to share some pictures and some thoughts on the show. But I had a I had a follow up for you and then kind of a news story. But I know that you're on edge about this stuff, Alex, So I'm it's it's it's not often that I bring in this stuff.
Speaker 3: I'll start you out with something that is a follow up.
Speaker 1: Do you remember us talking about a radio station. It may have been in Salt Lake City, I'm guessing, but the midday Gal, which would be like what Jeremy does, comes on after us ten to three.
Speaker 3: The midday gal there was.
Speaker 1: Her name was Ashley, and she was also the promotions director. As in most radio jobs now, nobody's doing just one job, right, Okay, So she is the hosts of mid days from ten until three on that particular station. She's also the promotions director and so she's got to deal with all the salespeople and the ticketing and the prizes with I mean, there's as a huge job. It's a huge job. And apparently she got she had to go into meetings, a lot of the meetings that she had to be a part of where while she was on the air. So they created something called AI Ashley and they were being pretty transparent about it and they said they're going to use AI and when Real Ashley had to go to a promotions meeting, AI Ashley was going to take over on the air and it was her voice, and it was her saying, Hey, it's AI Ashley. Here's whatever music they play over there.
Speaker 3: That experiment is over. I saw that, did you? That experiment is over?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Nice for the good guys.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that's not going to irritate the AI saws women make you want to come back and kill us all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now listen. I don't know any of the ins and outs.
Speaker 1: I don't know this person, but they were at least telling the public what was happening. And it was the first radio station to kind of come out and get in front of all this AI stuff that's happening.
Speaker 3: And I thought it was a ballsy move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people within the industry. The guy standing right in front of me, Alex P. Middleton, hated it, hated it, but there was some kind of a ballsy move to go and try to get out in front of this and do something about it. That experiment is over. I don't know if the girl lost her job. It seems to be somebody else's doing middays at that time.
Speaker 3: She didn't lose for job. I'm just glad that the AI did not get to continue news story for you.
Speaker 1: A radio station in Australia is catching some heat. The people that listen to that radio station figured out that they've been using an AI host.
Speaker 3: For six months and not saying anything about it.
Speaker 1: People are pissed off that they weren't at least upfront about that. I have that story on three things you must see today.
Speaker 3: This is the future.
Speaker 1: I don't like it, no at all, know and anybody that is you know, I mean, my sister is looking at robots all over the line at General Motors this morning, you know, And when when?
Speaker 3: When is a robot going to replace what she does?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean there's less and less human element on those production lines building cars and everything.
Speaker 3: You're right, So this station was not upfront about it. They got busted.
Speaker 1: Do they owe it to the public to say, Hey, this person that you're listening to on the radio is not a real person. I don't know if there's any law I don't think there's any governing body that's going to say you have to let people know or will they create something now? And if it's a I you have to let the people know. This could I mean there could be new new lawsuits and there's I'm not saying there's a lawsuit, but it's hurting the radio station because.
Speaker 3: Being the lies they're using.
Speaker 4: AI guys don't let them well, obviously you hear this.
Speaker 3: Show with the warts and everything.
Speaker 1: You hear them, you hear the mistakes, you hear everything.
Speaker 3: It is real. You can tell there's nothing pre recorded here. This is US.
Speaker 1: It's live radio, baby, and we'll be here for as long as you'll have us.
Speaker 3: Houston's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 10: The Rock Last morning Show from six to ten AM. Ninety four or five Buzz all.
Speaker 1: Right Here we go ninety four fun Buzz Gorilla is with Dala Soul and Feel Good Ink.
Speaker 3: And they're saying feels good. It's not just they're saying feels good. I learned that on this show Crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crazy what you can learn when like human beings are talking to you aut radio playing it for years, twenty five years of that song. Dude, I've been playing that song for twenty five years, and I found out last year that they're saying feels good in that song. Hope you're off to a great start to your day, Everybody, did you get a chance to go over to Links and Guests? Lots of interesting things on there, lots of fun stuff on there. Alex Is six picks a bunch of stuff, ten percent chance of rain, cloudy skies, HIGs up around eighty six seven fifty four on to Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Please well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Russia launched a significant drone assault on Ukraine yesterday, deploying one hundred and forty nine drones across six regions of the country. Ukrainian air defenses intercepted fifty seven of those drones, while sixty seven others failed mid flight.
Speaker 3: This escalation occurred just hours after.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump had a one on one conversation with Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski at Pope Francis's funeral in Vatican City. Both leaders described their meeting as productive, emphasizing discussions on achieving a full and unconditional cease fire. President Trump was not happy with Russian President Vladimir Putin after the attack and questioned his commitment to peace, as well as suggesting the possibility of imposing banking or secondary sanctions against Russia. President Trump is planning to sit down with ABC News in his first broadcast interview marking one hundred days in office for his second term. ABC News correspondent Terry Moran is going to conduct the interview in the Ovaloss Office, which will air as a primetime special on Tuesday, April twenty ninth at seven pm.
Speaker 1: There's no denying I've watched these one hundred days before, and you know, the President gets out there and they try to say, hey, this is what the administration, what I've been working.
Speaker 3: On, you know, and there's a couple of things.
Speaker 1: There's like one hundred things they're gonna have to cover, Like how long is this interview going to be?
Speaker 3: Five days? To cover what he's done in one hundred days, whether you like it or not, Yeah, he's done stuff. The Gulf of America.
Speaker 1: Did you forget I mean, I almost did forget. It's gonna take hours to go through all the stuff. Yeah, it's just like, yeah, we're working on this today and this tomorrow and this next day. I don't know how I'm gonna fit it all into an interview.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 4: But let's see the stream on ABC News, Hulu and Disney Plus if you want to watch.
Speaker 3: In some other news.
Speaker 4: Thanks to a new study, scientist may have pinpointed the age when bad habits like smoking, drinking, and not exercising start to trigger health problems.
Speaker 3: They say that that age is thirty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, listen, everyone's reckless in your younger years. But think about it, it's going to catch up too. That metabolism slows down. Yes, that's yeah kinds of things. Man, you're pretty in cholesterol medicine. Like your creaky bones when you get up in the morning, or you go to tie your shoes and you throw your back out. Yeah, guys, all that party you did in your twenties. They have actually come up with a with a year now where it hits you.
Speaker 4: So they tracked the health of hundreds of children born in the year nineteen fifty nine until they were sixty one years old, and found that those who regularly smoked, drank, and lounged around to their younger years ended up sicker and were depressed. On average, those people's health started to decline at the age of thirty six, and one researcher said, quote, our findings highlight the importance of tackling risky health behaviors as early as possible to prevent damage from building up over the years.
Speaker 3: You could also look at it as just like, just go hard and then it's like thirty six Just you know, chill dude, those eight years I did in New Orleans before here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got off the plane here, a lot of hand grenades. I got off the plane here at one hundred and fifty five pounds.
Speaker 3: What was I thinking? Do you know how much Bourbon street?
Speaker 1: Baby? It took forever?
Speaker 3: It took him till yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to kind of somewhat try to fix that.
Speaker 3: So if you're thirty six year old er, yeah, chill out a little bit. Maybe.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And then I just kept driving hard here too. Do you think I slowed down? No, I think I picked up a weight. No, for now you're doing, but not before making up for it.
Speaker 3: I guess it's it's hard. It's ten times harder to repair some of the damages that Jerry did.
Speaker 4: If you follow football, you probably know about Shuder Sanders, who's Deion Sanders' son. He was a quarterback for Colorado the last fe years and was expected to be a top pick in the NFL Draft this past week, but he ended up falling all the way to the one hundred and forty fourth overall pick in the fifth round when he was taken by Cleveland. His follow the draft wasn't the only mystery, though he should Dour got prank called on Friday was someone claiming to be the GM of the Saints, and I told him, quote, it's been a long wait, man, but you're gonna have to wait a little bit longer, and then they hung up. All inner action was filmed and eventually found out that the person responsible for the prank call was twenty one year old jack's Olbrick, who is the son of Falcons defensive coordinator Jeff Ulbrick.
Speaker 1: Do ask a question here, Yes, you've been saying that it's been filmed. Did these kids record themselves making the phone call?
Speaker 4: Somebody was recording the kid making the phone call, and then Shader's camp also filmed him taking what they thought was a draft.
Speaker 1: Okay, the but the prank phone call. They didn't put that on the internet, did they?
Speaker 4: They did, and that's what kind of out of him because they're like, wait, that's the guy that his dad is the defensive coordinator for the Falcons.
Speaker 3: And then they were like, well.
Speaker 4: Because Sador got a new phone for the draft, so only NFL teams and their database had the database had the number. That part I understand, so somebody had to have leaked the number. That's what they were trying to find out how that number got out. And then they see the son of the defensive coordinator for the Falcons, been like, well.
Speaker 3: Obviously it's him because he's got the number.
Speaker 4: But then your dad is getting all the heat because they're like, well, did Jeff Ulbrich give his son? I never, No, his son got on it, dad's iPad got it, gave it to his friend, and then his friend made the call.
Speaker 3: But making the prank phone call, they put it on the internet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a dumb move. You're gonna get like they're dumb kids. Dumb kids are dumb. Okay, I'm not saying I did watch it, and I didn't realize that it was real at first, and then it was like okay, and then I haven't really watched it again because it's hard to watch because it's like a guy thinking that he's getting a job.
Speaker 1: You couldn't like psych They could have made a prank phone call not posted on the on the internet, and we would have never known who did.
Speaker 3: It, or it's been harder to find out who did it. They won figured it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Jackson did apologize to Shador online, calling it selfish and childish and said that he made a terrible mistake. The abarently was also able to talk to Shador on the phone and apologize to him that way as well. The Falcons also issued an apology to Shador, but the Browns did not apologize to him for making him live in Cleveland. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of twenty twenty five was announced last night on American IDOL, and there are thirteen inductees total, but in the performers category, the inductees were a Bad Company, Chubby Checker, Joe Cocker, Cyndi Lauper, Outcasts, and The White Stripes, Salt and Peppa and Warren Zvon will be inducted in the Musical Influence category. Fish, who won the fan vote last week, was not inducted, joining Dave Matthews Band as the only two fan vote winners to not get inducted that year. The ceremony is gonna take place November eighth in LA and it will stream live on Disney plus those of Uston's headlines.
Speaker 3: What do I do every year? I'm done.
Speaker 1: I'm done with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I'm happy about Soundgarden, Joe Cocker, Bad Company. Bad Company should have gone in. Yeah, bad Company should have gone in twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: But if people vote for Fish, let Fish get in there, Like, what is the point of having a fan?
Speaker 3: But if you're not going to put him in, They're honest, they're transparent about that. I know, But I don't offer it, then, just don't offer it.
Speaker 1: Out of twelve hundred people that have a vote for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, one of those is the fan.
Speaker 4: Vote, you're gonna gate keep. Don't even give us the opportunity. I guess you have a say no, you don't. It's the rock and roll of pretty good now. Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 3: The Astros got to win. Yesterday they beat the Royal seven to three.
Speaker 4: Tonight they're going to open up a series with the Tigers at dyk In Park.
Speaker 3: We now Blanco will be on the mount for this.
Speaker 4: Dro is going up against Detroit's Jack Flaherty first pitchers at seven ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 3: In basketball, the Rockets and.
Speaker 4: Warriors played Game four of their first round series tonight. Golden State's up two games to one in The Rockets head into tonight's game as three and a half point underdogs.
Speaker 3: Tip Off is at nine o'clock.
Speaker 4: You can hear the game on our sister station, News Radio seven forty KTRH.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Who sings for Soundgarden? Do Soundgarden show up? I think they go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: I do, yeah, Chris Cornell's daughter.
Speaker 1: Traditionally, the bands that go in if they're able to.
Speaker 3: They performed. Nirvana went in.
Speaker 1: They got a bunch of different lead singers, they got a bunch of different chicks to sing for them.
Speaker 3: So they don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: They do. Does the daughter thing. I think that's the most logical.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. Let her say that would be badass if she did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rock and Alternative, The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 6: Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Welcome ninety four or five, Buz and all the small things.
Speaker 3: Who are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Riot Fest?
Speaker 3: That lineup in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Seems to me if you were going to get on a plane and go somewhere. I don't think it's until September, but you want to talk about one of the best lineups with blinkin eighty two all the way down to the sex Pistols on this thing. It is awesome. It's it's something worth looking into. I know, there's a bunch of other really really good festivals going around.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 1: Even we got sucked into it talking about Coachella for a couple of days. Yeah, none of our people go to Coachella, but what we would expect, But what we should do is go to this right it fast in Chicago and it's it's a three day and every day is a banger. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday if you can get away at Hanson on the bill too. I mean everything from Weird al Yankovic. Yeah, I mean you got weird old Yankovic and the sex Pistols and everything in between.
Speaker 3: Ropkick, Murphy's Bad Religion, the Pogues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, I mean there's an old guard that's playing and everything. It's It's a good one, Hero, it's a good one. I'll tell you what's Speaking of tours, this chick just can't catch a break, man, Katy Perry. There's videos of her out there now, her video. I'm telling you, I can't even imagine the person that came to her. You know, she's got people, she got a team of people. Katie, this is gonna be the biggest year of your life. They must have known about this way before we found out that all those chicks were going into space. You had to know that thing was planned out for five six months, maybe even longer. Route Okay, Lauren Sanchez probably been putting this together for a long time. So, okay, you're gonna go up into space. You're gonna launch a tour. It's gonna be space themed. You got your new album. This is gonna be the biggest year of your life. You are going to be the premier artist. It's gonna be Taylor swift and you that's what some guy or gal was telling her.
Speaker 3: Nothing could be further from the truth.
Speaker 1: Right now, she is getting completely dragged on this concert, the videos of her, the dance routines, everything, It's just she cannot catch a break right now.
Speaker 3: It's got to be the complete I feel bad for her. I do. I don't know her. Yeah, and you can say, hey, she.
Speaker 1: Went to space, she did this, she brought this upon herself.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know. I don't look at it like that.
Speaker 1: I look at it like she thought she was gonna have the biggest year of her life. You could have never drawn it up on paper. You couldn't have drawn up our reaction. How people are gonna say, Rod, I can tell you right now. As soon as it was announce I wasn't for it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: There's a waste of time, there's a waste of money, a waste of resources. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't it was a trip to base. I just can'not believe the complete opposite.
Speaker 1: Direction of what she thought was going to happen with this, that she's gonna be a her story. Oh my.
Speaker 17: Still.
Speaker 1: So that's on the Looking at Girls blog page. She's getting she's getting crucified. Beyonce's tour is starting. Tons of rumors they had to drop ticket prices. Did they pray she's not selling out? There's two shows there. Yeah, there's tons of stories about that. And I think what they did. I think they came out of the gate maybe a little too high on those tickets. Just like I talk about, like, don't don't list your home too high, okay, when you're home. When you're selling your home, you got to list it just the right price. I think they went a little high on their ticket prices. And I don't know. There's a lot of conflicting reports out there, but Beyonce's tour starts. We know she's got two shows here. I just, I just I don't know that there's the sellouts that they anticipate.
Speaker 3: I would have thought she seld out everything.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's what's happening right now.
Speaker 3: That's bad. Yes, it's not good.
Speaker 1: It's not good. We got we got ghost tickets coming up for you this hour, Ghost August sixteenth, they're playing the Toyota Center.
Speaker 3: I got tickets for you. On the flip of this break, we'll find out what's trending your six picks. People are taking a look.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 3: You've got some really, you.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of good views on those six picks. Tessa showed up at your event with your Yeah, so I know she made it into those picks.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll find out what's trending.
Speaker 1: Then we'll get to these ghost tickets after the break rock and all tearing very soon.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Yes, we are good morning everybody, rod Ryan's show. On this MILF Monday.
Speaker 3: Eighth, nineteen.
Speaker 1: Claudie Sky's ten percent chance of rain high today of around eighty six. Alex, what's trending.
Speaker 4: MILF Monday ten to trend Yeah, yeah, and sit to us listener Drew in Cyprus and she's killing it right now. Go check her out the world famous rod Ryan showpage the buzz dot com.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of good links up today. Yeah. So, and then we got Columbus Day. What's trending? What Donald Trump says he's bringing it back.
Speaker 1: I thought maybe today was Columbus Day. No, it is not Columbus Day.
Speaker 4: He says that it's going to have a major comeback and he's going to bring Columbus back from the ashes.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think he's bringing the day back.
Speaker 4: Probably not Columbus, like the Columbus day back from the Ashes.
Speaker 1: What if he Jurassic parked Christopher Columbus'd be wild.
Speaker 4: And he has to just face a bunch of indigenous people and then be like, I'm sorry, good.
Speaker 3: Big news, and bring it back. Chris Columbus. You can see him in this cool Clark all right? What else?
Speaker 4: And then Damian Lillard is tending the bucks guards up for a potential Achilles injury and their loss to the Pacers yesterday.
Speaker 3: That is what's trending. I I to provide the buzz. Yeah, lots of activity up on the website this morning. He's jilly, Uh.
Speaker 1: You know what he's really weird about.
Speaker 3: We're weird about that.
Speaker 1: He's weird about anyone else sending in six picks. He really feels like that's just for people.
Speaker 3: On the show. That is kind of That's the thing, isn't it?
Speaker 1: So cornbread? Jess sent in some pictures. I thought they were cool. She caught a shark, like she caught a big shark over the weekend, and I thought it was super cool. So she said, obviously your you guys determined that it was your six picks. She sent in some really cool pictures. What did you do with those?
Speaker 5: I'm scheduling on Facebook throughout the day. Oh okay, so there's what I did with the listeners to send the six picks for the concerts Lincoln Party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a lot of Lincoln Park pictures and reviews that came in.
Speaker 3: So those will just go up on Facebook later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Adams schedule.
Speaker 3: I never know with him, sometimes he gets He's very sensitive on the six picks.
Speaker 4: Everybody sends in six picks and that's a bunch of blogs.
Speaker 3: Jilias put up Ashley with an.
Speaker 1: I sens and six picks after every weekend, she just stopped doing it.
Speaker 5: I told her, actually I was hanging out with her on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Did she does?
Speaker 1: She does? She hand you like the riot act that She was like telling me, I send it every week and chill and they would post them and I was like, yeah, so you kept sending them. There's the kid, there's Xander, there's the dog, there's Sergio, there's there's the the espresso martinis.
Speaker 3: They're going out to eat, they're hanging out.
Speaker 5: I'll say one thing about Ashley with an eye broad. She is the biggest rod Ryan Show cheerleader.
Speaker 3: Bro, of course she is.
Speaker 5: I mean he was sitting there at a table they had a couple from new from England that sitting there on Friday. Yeah, and gave them the whole speech about why they should listen to the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Nobody has spent more money in the Rod Ryan Show Cares online store than Ashley with an Eye. She's out, She's out purchased me. I'm a top five customer. I gotta buy that stuff, guys. Okay, like you just think we're good in these shirts and coozies for free.
Speaker 3: Not at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, when you get a cooozy at my house, put it down before you leave.
Speaker 3: I had to buy it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why Rod doesn't let me go to his house anymore.
Speaker 3: Everybody's just walking out over Rod must get these for free?
Speaker 5: Is that what's cheating going? I'll go shopping wear at Ron's house.
Speaker 3: I am the.
Speaker 1: Top five customer all time and the rod Ryan Shoe Cares on my store. Bro Brad is a top five customer. But nobody has spent more than Ashley.
Speaker 5: With an Eye. Yeah, she bought that. Uh that also that twentieth anniversary jacket.
Speaker 3: She bought the jean jacket. Yeah, the jean jacket. All right. So Cornbread's Shark it'll be.
Speaker 5: It'll be on there today later on.
Speaker 1: It'll be on our Facebook page later. Yeah, okay, okay, buddy, you sound a little rough.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, I'm struggling you.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, Wait a.
Speaker 1: Minute, are you still struggling from Saturday's crawfish boiled?
Speaker 5: It was a long Friday, Okay, get a long Saturday.
Speaker 3: Did you behave Sunday or you kept the party in going?
Speaker 5: I was invade all day yesterday.
Speaker 3: Bro Okay, and you sound like that. Yeah, that's after being in bed all day. Yeah, iy to cover so much?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you know, your body is a temple and my temple is kind of ruined right now.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, as always, thank you guys for sending us all this great stuff. So a bunch of shark pictures coming on our Facebook page later today.
Speaker 3: A lot of Lincoln Park reviews.
Speaker 1: You said they played Austin this weekend, right, so we had a lot of our peeps going there. And I haven't heard from that dude. I'm just gonna call him the dude that was on my flight to Vegas. He was on my flight there and on the way back and he was by himself going to see a CDC for the second time. He had gone to the Dallas show and he was going to Vegas. He loves them and we took a picture together at the airport. I haven't received it yet, so I'm hoping to get that right now. I've got tickets to go see Ghosts. By the way, I did look at the two Beyonce shows. She's got two shows at Energy Stadium. Tickets are available, They're not sold they are not sold out shows, but ghost tickets. I have a pair of ghost tickets. There's Skeletor World Tour two on twenty five comes to Houston August sixteenth, Toyota Center.
Speaker 3: Tickets on sale now Toyota.
Speaker 1: Center box Office or win them from us call her ten seven one three two one two five nine four five The.
Speaker 16: Rod Ryan Show, Good Morning Song ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 3: I know it's a nerdy drum thing, but it did go viral.
Speaker 1: Did everybody see Chad Smith last year from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It's a it's a challenge to drummers, and again that's the nerdy part about it because it's a drummer thing.
Speaker 3: But Chad Smith, they this drummio g are u m e O.
Speaker 1: It's it's put together by a guy and he gets these big name musicians and he tries to find a song that they've never heard before, and then they tell them on the spot and they film them to do a drum part for it. Did you see Chad Smith playing that song last year?
Speaker 3: He got millions and millions of views.
Speaker 1: He's he's hearing the song and you're like, well, how has Chad Smith not heard that?
Speaker 3: He just didn't know the song. I believe him.
Speaker 1: He didn't know the thirty seconds to mars song. But then he immediately they're like, hey, do you want to take some time? And Chad Smith's like, no, no, no, I'll just I'll just try something here. And he nails it, and he nails it. It's the biggest one that the series has ever had because it just it went beyond.
Speaker 3: Just like drum Nerds.
Speaker 1: They put out a new one this past weekend, I think, or maybe late last week. John Stamos Uncle Jesse. He plays the drums.
Speaker 3: He's pretty good. He's pretty good.
Speaker 1: He's a musician, and he says in the interview too, He's like, I would. It's way It makes me feel way better for someone to say you're a great musician over you're a great actor. He wants to be respected. Oh yeah, he'd much rather be respected in that community than the acting community. So the series Drummio, you can go google it. John Stamos apparently has never heard Papa Roach's Last Resort.
Speaker 3: So they do.
Speaker 1: They put the song on and they take out the drum track, so now you're getting all of the song, all of the vocals.
Speaker 3: Same thing with Chad, same thing with the whole series.
Speaker 1: They can stracked all of the drums and you have to just listen to a song and come up with a drum part on the spot. And Uncle Jesse does a pretty good job. It's not like Chad's Chad's is. Chad's is a drum clinic. It's just if people didn't know that Chad Smith was an amazing drummer before when he did that. You don't have to be a musician to say how did he do that if he never heard the song before, because that's like an odd time signature. John Stamo's not quite the same. But it's cool seeing Stamo's play the drums and he is out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Cool and you're listening it's you think that's not going to be that difficult. It's a song you've never heard and there is zero drum track. There's no clicks, there's no nothing. You have to figure out the timing, the changes everything. They'll let you listen to it once through. Chad just jumped on it immediately.
Speaker 3: I got this.
Speaker 1: Chad heard the song. You're allowed to listen to the song one time through. You want to make notes and everything. They've had Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater, and they've had all kinds of big drummers on this thing before. Some of them want to listen to it. They write some little notes and stuff like that. Chad just picked up the sticks and start playing insane. So John Stamos is out there now floating around on the internet playing popa roach.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the phones.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 3: This is Dustin Laura. How are you today? Sir?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: I don't want that yet. Sorry, dude, how are you today? That's what I was asking. I'm great, You're great, that's good. Your caller ten, dude, And I was sad Chad Smith. That was awesome to Chad Smith. Are you a drummer? I watched the Mike poyn on one with the tool song. Yeah, are you a drummer? No, I'm a guitar player. Your guitar player.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean I can understand where something like this would be interesting two musicians. Chad Smith playing the playing that song that we just played from thirty seconds to Mars, I don't care who you are, you can.
Speaker 3: Like what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: He's doing it better.
Speaker 1: He's doing it better than Jared Lettle's brother and he's never heard this long before.
Speaker 3: Jared Lettle's brother's the drummer of thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dustin, your caller number ten do congratulations, awesome. I'm gonna appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 1: Tickets to go see Ghost August twelfth, Toyota Center. I mean, pray up before you go to Ghost. Pray up, go to church, okay, and then you can go to Ghost. And I don't know what he's going to do to yet that show. All right, dude, thank you man. I really appreciate you being on the show today. You've played guitar, You've been playing a long time. Oh, my whole life, My whole life.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna bring my bass player, Manuel storm the into with me.
Speaker 1: He loves to ghost.
Speaker 3: Oh cool. Are you guys in the band currently, No, we're currently in hiatus. If you will, yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: I've been in high for about twenty five years waiting to make my comeback. All right, when they come up with that pill to grow hair, I'm gonna like grow wicked head of hair and then I'm putting the band back together. Bro, That's what I'm gonna do. I did hear back from an earlier phone call this guy. Thank you, Dustin, hang on for meet you. Those ghost tickets we were playing earlier today, we were playing the Texas Hammer Game and I thought Eric was gonna get it. Eric guests Green Day and he guessed the wrong song. But before we talked, before he gave his guests on the Texas Hammer Game. After seven o'clock this morning, I was just chatting with him and I said, I hope you had a good weekend, and then I don't know. I asked him what he did this weekend, and he said, oh, I was in a couple of fencing competitions.
Speaker 3: I'm like the with the with the sword or whatever the pays. You know that.
Speaker 1: Oh, he told us that. He told us he sent me a picture of him fencing. He looks like a badass. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna put this out. I'll send it over to Chili too.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 1: He trains with his nieces and nephews in Kingwood. He's a fencer. He goes, Here's that's me on the right. I'm saluting the referee before the bout. He wound up placing sixth out of twenty one. Yesterday.
Speaker 3: The dude on the left beat me and he finished second.
Speaker 1: This guy he's wearing, he's got like makeup on his eye, and he says that the black thing on my eye is a tee for Tire, the Viking, god of Battle.
Speaker 3: I like that. Okay, Eric's a badass. Yeah, what'd you do this weekend?
Speaker 1: I was in a couple of a couple of fencing competitions.
Speaker 3: Okay, fencing it up.
Speaker 1: Half. You guys are out there going to your kid's soccer games. They're all running to the ball at the same time. They're all you know, he's stabbing people. Yeah, and he's like swashbuckling The rod Ryan Show on the Buzz twenty four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: I'll keep my comment brief.
Speaker 1: When I see some of these artists going into.
Speaker 3: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, you don't give me any crap at all. Shine Down, first ballot, get him in there, Okay, get.
Speaker 1: Him in there. I'm seeing some of these things. I'm gonna just I'm not gonna pick out on any particular artists.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 1: I think Shining Down deserves to be in there. And I'm fine with the White stripes. And I don't know how Billy Billy Idol Billie Eilish really Eyelish, she'll probably go in Yeah for her. I'm just saying, when Shine Down they're coming up on their twenty fifth, they better be on that ballot. They better go into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. With what I see that's going in there right now.
Speaker 3: That's it. I agree, that's it. I cannot believe. I cannot not get infuriated by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Still.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to be way worse. I don't want to I said I was gonna chain myself to.
Speaker 1: The front door of the place years ago when some bands weren't getting me in. All right, listen, guys, I hope you're off to a great start today. If you want to get all that rock and roll Hall of Fame information, who got in, who didn't get in, all that good stuff, that's on.
Speaker 3: The music blog page.
Speaker 1: There's a really cool old Nirvana smashed guitar from a live show.
Speaker 3: Kirk was very well known for smashing instruments.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: He didn't have a favorite, well, he had a favorite guitar, but he trashed him over and over and over again. He was trashing these guitars, man, And that's like one of the most coveted rock member pieces of memorabilia. I went for over one hundred thousand dollars. You can go see that on the music blog page. Okay, my friend Alex over here trash is pickleball?
Speaker 3: Oh I do, buddy, he trashes pick a ball. What's better for your health? Golf or pickleball?
Speaker 1: The experts have weighed in now two very popular sporting events and things that people will go out. But they've been known that people of age, as you get a little older, right, these are two things that seem to be very attractive to older people to stay active. I don't mind an older people play at pickleball.
Speaker 4: It's like the hearts that are at the little pickleball court where I'm at my dog and they're wearing sleeves and they're screaming at each other the whole time, and it's like that, you're my age, Chill out, dude, play tennis.
Speaker 1: What is better for you as you get older? Pickleball or golf?
Speaker 4: I feel like you set me up on this one. So the answer is probably pickleball. It is not good.
Speaker 1: It is not The studies found that regular rounds of golf cut the risk of cardiovascular disease through regular exercise and stress relief. Meanwhile, fractures related to pickleball have increased two hundred percent over the last two decades.
Speaker 3: So you're more likely to get hurt.
Speaker 1: And I think that's what ding's pickleball is being better as a better option for you as you get older. Pickleball America's fastest growing sport in twenty twenty four. Statistically speaking, women are more likely than men to suffer pickleball fractures, but when the men get injured, they do it right, because more guys end up being hospitalized because of their mishaps. Both sports are great for someone who wants to stay active. The studies found that golf gives you sufficient health benefits and far less likelihood of breaking a femur or a hip. Maxim magazine did this study. I just the thing that I'll disagree. I know that I just told you pickleball is getting dinged because more likely to get injured, You're gonna sweat, You're going to get your heart rate up way more playing pickleball than golf.
Speaker 4: You know, you'd probably get your heart may have way more than pickleball. Is tennis like a gnomo version, or play tennis just by tennis. It's the same thing, but better.
Speaker 3: I said, I have really pong.
Speaker 4: If you want to play pickleball, I guess okay, no, not even close.
Speaker 3: Really not put it outside.
Speaker 4: Nope, you're not even going No, No, you're not playing enough ping pong.
Speaker 3: No, you're not paying enough pong. Rod, All right, golf is better for you.
Speaker 16: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and the Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Come on ninety four or five. The Buzz Beasties Rod Bryan show on this Milk Monday. That's their number one link today. A lot of people having a having.
Speaker 1: A look at Alex's six picks. Him and the twins were out this weekend. Then he had you had your kid out this weekend. I saw it was a surprise visit from Tessa. Yeah, showed up to your event.
Speaker 3: Huh okay, very good.
Speaker 1: All right, So lots to look at on the world famous Rod Ryan show page at the buzz dot com. Cloudy's guys today, teen percent chance of ring. Heis round eighty six at say fifty four Alex one final time.
Speaker 3: Houston's headlines. All right, well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Russia launch day significant drone assault on Ukraine yesterday to blown one hundred and forty nine drones across six regions. Ukrainian air defenses were able to intercept fifty seven of the drones, well sixty seven others failed mid flight. This escalation occurred just hours after President Donald Trump had a one on one conversation with Ukrainian President Ladimir Zelenski at Pope Francis's funeral in Vatican City. Both leaders described their meeting as productive, emphasizing discussions on achieving a full and unconditional ceasefire. President Trump was not happy with Russian President Vladimir Putin after the attack and questioned his commitment to peace, as well as suggesting the possibility of imposing banking or secondary sanctions against Russia. Two people have been arrested in connection with the theft of Homeland Security Secretary Christy no M's perce on Easter Sunday in Washington, d C. The stolen purse contained approximately three thousand dollars in cash. No M's passport, driver's license, apartment keys, and her Department of Homeland Security badge. The first suspect has been identified as forty nine year old Mario Bustamante Lieva, a Chilean national residing in the US illegally who was apprehended without incident. Authorities describe him as a serial offenderlink to multiple thefts in the area. US Attorney Ed Martin stated that there is no indication that Noem was intargeted due to her official position, and the second suspect, also reportedly in the country illegally, was later apprehended in Miami stole wrong purse.
Speaker 3: Bro, Yeah, that's what happens.
Speaker 4: You're a criminal. Did sometimes you mess her out and you pick the wrong person.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's the director of Homeland Security. That's the purse I stole. Whoop soups, Oh under that. Sorry, you can have a.
Speaker 4: Toby Keith passed away last February, but his memory still lives on, or trots on, as some might say, not only in his music, but in the world of horse racing as well. If you didn't know, one of his dreams was to get a horse to race in the Kentucky Derby, And even though he's not around to see it, his dream is finally realized. His horse, Rendered Judgment, is going to compete in this weekend's Kentucky Derby. It's currently at thirty to one odd. That's what I'll be putting my money on. Rendered Judgment.
Speaker 1: Are Y all, yeah, okay, you think that's a smart bat for tobes.
Speaker 3: For tobes like you have just so much money laying around. You want to waste money. Don't like a two dollars thirty to one.
Speaker 1: You want to waste money on a horse that's not going to win fifteen dollars. Every other horse set would have to break a femur for that horse to win.
Speaker 3: The favorite and horse racing wins like a tenth of the time. Okay, what about this racing.
Speaker 1: Here's an update on something that we talked about several times on the show last week.
Speaker 3: Isn't the sports.
Speaker 4: Segment, but you might think it is with all the horse racing and sperm racing. Yeah, this ver sperm rays happened in LA on Friday night with a student from USC going up against the student from UCLA. The whole thing is live streamed on YouTube and you could even place bets on it. People wager to combine three hundred and twenty nine thousand dollars on it. The footage they showed did leave a lot of people thinking the whole thing was staged. It showed each guy's swimmers raising across to a two millimeter wide track, but it kind of seemed like CGI plus they don't usually swim in one direction according to experts. Organizers claim that the results are legit.
Speaker 13: Though.
Speaker 3: I mean the link is up. I did not watch this, nor did I.
Speaker 1: Ugh, it's somehow the footage was transferred to a three D animation software before it was shown.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't seem like it's legit. Really rods sperm racing, it's not real. I was wondering because it's like does it goes?
Speaker 4: It bounces all around, you know, like why like you can't just train your sperm to swim straight?
Speaker 3: Can you press conferences?
Speaker 1: Undercard halftime show, tied up a sign, performed the halftime show with this thing. They're really trying to make this a fun like an event, so they added a page to their website, sperm Racing Tryouts, so sperm racing dot com. I think overall seems like it was a pretty successful first going to.
Speaker 4: Go viral, so they'll just keep doing it. If they can continue to go viral, I.
Speaker 1: Think okay, unless they unless somebody proves the legitimamy or legitimacy of this, we might see another race, another card.
Speaker 3: So I think we will.
Speaker 4: In some music news, the LAPD released audio and bodycam footage of the incident with Weezer basis Scott Schreiner's wife, Gillian Loreen. The video shows officers issuing warnings before the shooting. Officers can be heard shouting, quote, ma'am, we're trying to help you put the gun down. You're going to get shot. It's the police. Lauren has not publicly commented on the incident. She and Shiner have been married since two thousand and five and have two adopted signs.
Speaker 3: It does not look like the cops are in.
Speaker 4: There on on this this footage.
Speaker 3: It's a weird that.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the music story because that's the bass player of Weezer's wife. Yeah, and they played Coachella like two days after this happened.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, you stick to your your gigs, right, yes, yeah, probably Yeah.
Speaker 3: Pastows with a win. Yeah, they beat the Royals seven to festerday.
Speaker 4: Tonight they're going to open up a series with the Tigers at dyk In Park or now Blanco be in the mount for the Strows, going up against Detroit's Jack Flaherty first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 3: In basketball, Rockets.
Speaker 4: And Warriors played Game four of their first round series tonight. Golden State leads the series two games to one. Maybe don't let Stephen Perry score five hundred points against you, like that seems like a bad strategy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a pretty good guy.
Speaker 3: Maybe put a maybe double team, Yeah, maybe stop him. Rockets are three and a half point underdogs. Tip off is at nine.
Speaker 4: You can hear the game on our sister station, News Radio seven forty kt RAG.
Speaker 3: I hope Raymond Green takes an out well right to his face. Do you know I do? You don't like Draymond Green? Do not like Dreamlond It sounds like you don't like to do not like him?
Speaker 1: What has he done to you?
Speaker 3: He attacks players on my favorite team. That's what he's done to me. And that's what's going on in.
Speaker 16: Flitch Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: That's a red jumpsuit apparatus and face down Good morning.
Speaker 3: I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Thank you for.
Speaker 1: Tuning in on this Monday, April twenty eight, I got nine oh five Claudis Guy's expected ten percent chance of rain high of eighty six.
Speaker 3: One of our listeners got engaged over the weekend. Nice.
Speaker 1: He sent along a really nice email. He's like on Saturday, and he saved it for the very end too. He's a great storyteller on his email, so I don't know if he included her name.
Speaker 3: I hope he did. Patrick.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, he said on Saturday my at the time girlfriend, So he kind of tipped his He's a good storyteller, he his ending in the opening sentence, Me and my at the time girlfriend went to her company's one hundred year anniversary party. It's at the Marriott Downtown. To say, they went all out for this thing. It's an understatement, amazing dinner, amazing entertainment, including a full hour and a half set by Carrie Underwood. What do you think?
Speaker 3: What do you think they paid for that? Starting ten million dollars.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, let's open up the conversation at one million to get Carrie Underwood for a private party. Let's open up the discussion at one million, starting easy, okay. And now, I mean Carrie already was huge back on TV, back on every week with American Idol.
Speaker 3: Your money goes through the roof at that.
Speaker 1: The company kept us a secret from almost every employee, so it was a huge surprise to everybody, Like, hey, who's playing tonight? I heard there's a band playing tonight. Carrie Underwood walks out, missus Underwood. Now our guy's standing, he's at fifteen feet from her.
Speaker 3: He goes, I'm not a country music fan. He goes, she was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, okay, so's he's within fifteen feet of someone like that. By the way, my at the time girlfriend, I said that because I proposed later that night.
Speaker 3: She said, yes, she's my fiance.
Speaker 1: Now he's been listening for twenty one years. Sock socks, shoes, shoe, pick up the ice water, tooth taste water.
Speaker 3: That's pretty great, man. He sent some pictures of Carrie Underwood. Jesus Christ. God his favorites, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, God, his favorites them.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 3: She's that hot and then she can sing like that. It's stupid. It's not fair. Good for you, dude, got engaged at this party. That's awesome. Way to go, Hell of a weekend. Way to go.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: So this whole thing with this sperm racing comes and goes, Alex.
Speaker 3: Goes.
Speaker 1: One hundred and twenty five thousand dollars is wagered, and you don't get involved in this, huh.
Speaker 4: I don't like I want data there. You know, I'm a numbers guy. If I'm not gonna just throw money on on nothing, what.
Speaker 3: Do you want data on? There's six no? Well, like It's like, I'm not going to just throw data on Like, I don't know anything about these two guys.
Speaker 1: There's seven billion people on the planet. Sperm guy, I've never heard of it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I had never seen a race like that before. I was like, I'm gonna see how it goes. Hey, sperm read about it. Okay, it's a thing. It moves it to see.
Speaker 4: If you can tell the tale? Like is this guy this guy's stuff is better? I gotta know, all right?
Speaker 3: All the sperm racing recap is all on links and guests this morning phonograph.
Speaker 1: A new poll found that the average new parent in twenty twenty five will take around one thousand photos of their kid in the first year, averaging out to about a little over three a day. Did I, between my and my then wife, did we take a thousand pictures of London in her first year?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: We did, I would imagine.
Speaker 1: But what a ridiculous thing. There's not a thousand pictures of my whole childhood. There's not a hundred pictures from my entire childhood. That's what makes those pictures so special and it's so cool to.
Speaker 3: Look at them.
Speaker 1: There might be two hundred pictures of me between being born and eighteen years old. There might be there might be one hundred, one hundred and fifty. I'm gonna I'm gonna say one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 3: It's easy.
Speaker 1: It's easy to take a thousand pictures of your kid in the first year, yes or no?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah when you.
Speaker 4: Like because like you'll be like, oh, check her out, like what she's doing here, and then I'll send it to my wife when she's.
Speaker 3: At work or whatever. Your mom has taken the picture maybe one.
Speaker 4: Thousand a day. That's that's through the roof. Like we easily knocked that out. It's just my mom alone with us. Like I just looked. I have an L folder in my phone and I have one hundred and seventeen. But those are just the ones I saved to the folder where I'm like, I'm gonna go back and like look at this. I have tons of them that are also taken but just not saved into that folder.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I bet that's pretty accurate.
Speaker 1: It's an incredible amount, but it's your kid.
Speaker 4: Like they oh, she's standing, look at her, she's pulling herself up. Watch this, And it's like if that's including videos and everything, too, like, oh, she looked at her.
Speaker 3: She's patting Wheezy and Whezey's not running away.
Speaker 1: Top three things that parents look forward to. First steps, first word, first laugh. I do have London's I do have a video of London's first steps now yet did it happen during the day? And I wasn't told about it because they wanted me to be excited about what I saw. That's always on the table. But I think I got London's first steps.
Speaker 4: So that's what you think it is. And yeah, those are her first steps. Her first recorded steps?
Speaker 3: Was she walking around that day while I was here at work. Probably first steps. You don't have that yet.
Speaker 4: She's close, she can pull up, she can stand kind of by herself, and.
Speaker 1: She hasn't step yet. First words, Yes, yea dad crushed. It always comes first, and then moms hate it. It's just easier for kids to say dad. The doctor already warned us she's gonna say dead at first. She's going to say and in almost every instance, dead as the first thing that.
Speaker 3: The kids say. Yeah, yeah, it's just easier.
Speaker 1: First laugh, Yeah, yeah, my kids smiling. I'm wearing a food fighter T shirt. She has a matching food fighter onesie. I kind of think that's the first London smile, at least that's how it goes down in my record book and how I will tell the story. I think that's like it's one of her earliest smiles from my recollection. You forget these things, sorry, but I think that's the first smile.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so that goes down in the record books for me, like, oh, that's the first time you smile.
Speaker 4: But I didn't take a picture of her first smile, but I do remember like I was changing her and she smiled at me, and it was always just shoot, you had a mean mug.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, oh that's a smile. That's a real smile. Yeah, there's nothing better than it. There's nothing better than it. The laugh was peekaboo, that are good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good one. The thing that I'm wondering is these kids are gonna remember way more than we do because there's so much photographic evidence of everything that they've ever done that I think they're going to falsely be led to saying that they remember that because there's just so many pictures of everything, and it's it's still incredibly incredible to me right now, Like the stuff that London remembers from being three and four years old.
Speaker 3: That she claims that she remembers it, but.
Speaker 1: There's pictures of it too floating around. True, So I don't know what that means. She doesn't remember it. It's true, it's true. But my first, my earliest, my earliest memory is being five. Well, I still think I remember. And this is me, I say, I think I remember my brother being brought home from the from the US, from the hospital.
Speaker 3: But that would have put me at three. You could remember three. I thought it was like four. I'm a month shy of three years old.
Speaker 1: And I don't have.
Speaker 3: Any pictures of it. I can vividly remember my mom walking in with that dumb kid. Yeah you remember. I think I remember it.
Speaker 1: I can put like a I can visualize it. But then there's nothing at four. And then I remember being five kindergarten, pissing my pants, blaming it on another kid, like just like kind of moving them over and.
Speaker 3: Someone else peed on your pants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, Chris pede on me, it's not my pee, that's it's Chris back he pete on me.
Speaker 18: Ninety four five The buzz that's your chance now to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Answer this nationwide keyword on our website. Grand, that's grand.
Speaker 18: Answer it now at the Buzz dot com for your shot at one thousand dollars an alternative income from ninety four to five.
Speaker 3: The Buzz is Houston, Houston's alternative and.
Speaker 6: Tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five. But a ride.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, everybody. I hope you're getting up to that alternative income.
Speaker 3: Chance to one.
Speaker 1: One thousand dollars will be starting off each and every weekday on that at nine ten, Big Jeremy Benson, He'll do it at ten, ten, eleven, ten, twelve, ten, you get it right through. Teresa will do it at five through five ten chance with one thousand dollars each hour nine to five, ten After the hour, Alex Online, Kid's.
Speaker 8: Alex Online ninety four to five the Muzz.
Speaker 1: He's going through thousands of pictures of his kid, Yeah, thousands, kid's not even been.
Speaker 3: Here a year, thousands of pictures. He's getting close. Yeah, yeah, yes, usually getting real close. When's your birthday? June fifteenth? Crazy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and another one on the way, yeah, a couple of months after that. I love having sex three time sack or compare who loves it?
Speaker 3: What are you doing today?
Speaker 4: Today's AOL is called Fold and Fly, and you're gonna learn how to.
Speaker 3: Fold the best paper airplanes ever? Were you here?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course you were, because you've been here for all of Chili's tenure. We did a paper airplane competition. Yeah, and somewhere in the world, Chili's airplane is still flying.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was. We throw them down the hall. Whoever's airplane would go over the furthest.
Speaker 4: Door opened, it went down the stairwell, came out, it flew off and we saw only like goodbye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that thing's still flying around. Yeah, I hear.
Speaker 4: People sometimes will send me pictures like is that Chili's paper airplane and make it looks like it.
Speaker 3: Nobody there's a paper airplane like.
Speaker 4: The child have just had Chili posts and that would have been today's a well. But you can make a horizon paper airplane, a lift off, a heavy noseplane, a king.
Speaker 1: Be I only know how to do one like I have one.
Speaker 3: I'm one king be guy.
Speaker 1: I'm a one trick pony on the paper airplanes. I don't know any other way. I know one way of doing it.
Speaker 4: The Navy plane is uh, it's rated as difficult to make, but it looks like the coolest one on the go check out the name the Navy plan mine.
Speaker 1: I can kind of bend the beak a little bit. I can make a concord yeah, yeah, I can do the concorde. Yeah, but it doesn't help it on the flying so I never rarely bend the beak down. But my paper airplanes look cool. They just don't fly very Yeah. These are supposed to fly well, So go check it out.
Speaker 3: And if you want to go.
Speaker 4: In office paper airplane competition, going go check out today's aop the well famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot.
Speaker 6: Com The rod Ryan Show on nine bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five Buzz popa Roach and no apologies. I mentioned Papa Roach earlier today on the show. H there's a video that's kind of circulating and it's getting it. I don't have it on leaks and guests. Maybe I'll find it for you. I'll tweet it out if that helps you. But you can just go google popa Roach and John Stamos two things that you probably have never googled together, but they taste pretty good together.
Speaker 3: Though they they want Comba.
Speaker 1: Yeah taste great, less filling. John Stamos is a dru He's a musician. I think most people know that. You know, he played the drums a lot for the Beach Boys. He met them on the show Full House back in the day, and then the Beach Boys kind of used him on tours and on big shows. John Stamos was.
Speaker 3: The drummer of the draws.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Dennis Wilson.
Speaker 1: Died the drowned beach Boy. Ironic, he was the only one that served all the Beach Boys. Only one of them served any drop, So Dennis Wilson goes down. A bunch of drummers have filled in over the years, but John Stamos famously filled in for a long time.
Speaker 3: So he's He's a pretty good musician too. He's a decent.
Speaker 1: Drummer, he plays a guitar, he can sing. It's talented. I mean, Uncle Jesse, for God's sakes, we all know how talented he is.
Speaker 3: Right, But he's.
Speaker 1: Playing the drums on a popa Road song that he's never heard before, a Poppa Roads particular song, and it's it's it's pretty good. You can go google that and go check that out. All right, enough on that. I've already talked to mother today.
Speaker 3: I'm a show two weeks. Two weeks, yep, Mother's Day, not this next Sunday.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm not trying to panic anybody, but I am trying to get in there early and at least let you knuckleheads know that Mother's Day is coming up. And I don't need to mention this. It should go without mention. It should go without mention, but I will mention.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Albeit not your mother, but the mother of your child also has to celebrate Mother's Day. And you have to recognize there are people that will still argue this, which is weird to me.
Speaker 3: It's the mother of your child. It's Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: You that's you celebrate that mom too, not just your mom. Are you on board with that?
Speaker 3: I agree with that. There's people that argue that. It's like, well, that's not my mom. I don't got to get or anything.
Speaker 1: She's the mother of.
Speaker 3: Your child because you also you celebrate them too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to get after that too. You're right, now, what's a little bit infuriating? I am not sharing this limb mother. Sure, Don Martin is as one of these TikTok moms. She claims to be looking out for dads and partners that are clueless about what to get moms for Mother's Day. You think you're gonna be watching this real helpful video, right, Okay, great, I got a mom here. She's a pretty big TikToker. She's gonna help me out. I'm gonna watch this video and I'm gonna figure out what to get mom for.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm knocking out of the park this year.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get great advice from somebody that's got a ton of followers on TikTok. Her whole video is telling you what she doesn't want. You're no help to me at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, cool, I won't do those things. But what do I guess?
Speaker 1: She goes Lots of guys out there haven't even started to think about what to do for their mothers and their kids, so she makes it clear that a candle or a new robe definitely won't cut it. She lays out the dos and duns for gift giving for moms on their special holiday. Do you think she gives you all these great ideas of things to get mom? No, But here's what I will do is I'll sit here and rattle off all these.
Speaker 4: Things that we don't want about me and things I only exactly.
Speaker 1: It is infuriating that these people are becoming famous in this capacity.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 3: The du is Number one is to plan ahead.
Speaker 1: If you wait until the last minute, you're gonna regret it, according to this particular mom.
Speaker 3: Next up is the personalized gift.
Speaker 1: And if you think that's what mom really wants, she said, anything with the word mom on it, we don't want.
Speaker 4: She said, she doesn't want that. Some moms probably like that. If you say saidad where every best dad ever shirt? You would give him? My dad loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some people don't like that.
Speaker 1: My dad up until his before he died, and we are adult children. As a joke, as a goof we're buying my dad number one dad t shirts and he's wearing them. He loved it. He absolutely loved it. World's number one dad. He was wearing it that day. He'd wear all that.
Speaker 3: You get to brag, I'm the best dad, she says.
Speaker 1: If she wanted something that said Mama on it, she probably already bought it for herself.
Speaker 3: At this point. It is the lowest hanging fruit. Oh, we're having a thought counting.
Speaker 1: Huh. Number two is anything cleaning related, because according to this mommy blogger, that's giving Cinderella vibes and clean up after me vibes, not I love you vibes. Next up, don't go searching on Amazon for Mother's Day gifts, as this mom said, anything that comes up on that list, I guarantee she doesn't want. What an asshole, all you did was tell me what she doesn't want. I think I'm going to go to this awesome mommy blogger and she's gonna help me out.
Speaker 3: Finally, I'm gonna get my mom something great that my mom is cooler than that lady. I got nothing out of it. I got nothing out of it. What am I telling you? Plan ahead? I'm two weeks out.
Speaker 1: If you're going out to eat the number one busiest day of the year. A guy that I knew that worked at Papasita's for years, he said, busiest day of the year Mother's Day. I go, Really, what is they land on that? He goes, it's not even Close's Day.
Speaker 3: Nobody cares. You got to share it with grads. Dads and grads, we need to get our own holiday anymore.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares about Father's Day, okay, but he told me Mother's Day busiest day of the year.
Speaker 3: Easter was two.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, if you're gonna make a reservation, you gotta get after it, all right. This guy's been beating me up all morning. He beats me up every Monday for it.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: I know I'm gonna get in trouble for it. But Jerome has done such a good job. Your boyfriend has done such a good job of God sending me. Josh Tree has done such a good job of sending us Instagram features lately.
Speaker 3: I will take the.
Speaker 1: Hit, I will get the email, and I'll deal with the phone call with the radio wizard.
Speaker 3: But he has been asking me for this for about the last six months. Every Monday, here's.
Speaker 8: The Ron Ryan Show, and now The Ron Ryan Show presents your Monday Morning meat loaf.
Speaker 3: We get some say me loaf? What goes on?
Speaker 6: And that brain?
Speaker 8: Ear bro?
Speaker 4: I think I'm okay.
Speaker 6: I had to bite right before it came over.
Speaker 18: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Come on, it's the Monday Morning meat loaf.
Speaker 13: You know what.
Speaker 3: I will have some meat.
Speaker 15: Look, let's absolute look what's some I knew him on The Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 5: The me We want it now the met lou.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, it's the Monday Morning meat Loaf loa.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 8: This is the Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Buzz, The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Nirvana, Come as You Are, Rod Ryan Show on a Milf Monday.
Speaker 3: Alex P.
Speaker 1: Middleton's six picks. His twin brother is in a bunch of those picks. His kid is in a couple of those picks. Your dog made it in therebody made, everybody made the six picks. I was out of town. I felt like Tessa made six picks. I did make six picks. Testa made six picks.
Speaker 3: Well you and shout through our coffee. Yeah, I was out of town. Too good for us. I'll put together some mac DC pictures. Vegas.
Speaker 1: Did go to Vegas, sweet m twenty four or five, six, twenty seven hours.
Speaker 3: It's pretty crazy in and out. I felt weird.
Speaker 1: You know, we used to do this thing on the on the air. It is called sex Gail bladder fame, and I felt weird taking a picture of Ted Cruz sitting there on the plane.
Speaker 3: Ted cris was on my flight home from.
Speaker 1: Vegas, by himself, sitting in the very first row. So when you walk in, everybody saw Ted. He's sitting right there. He's a pretty recognizable guy. At some point during the flight, he got up to go get something out of the overhead and you could see like four or five phones pick up pictures up and I'm like it felt weird taking pictures of them.
Speaker 4: Did anybody say anything to him?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I did not.
Speaker 1: Oh, we were kind of watching. No, I don't think anybody did.
Speaker 3: I nobody was asking for pictures or anything, because I was like, I was going to my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: I'm like, pointy, I'm like, he seems there, he's right there, he's right There's that. I did not see him waiting for the plane, so I don't know. He just like popped out of nowhere. And then he must get some kind of preferential loading onto the plane. I think a government employee, I think you get on before everybody. So he was right there in the first seat. I didn't see him board though. I wasn't paying attention, you know, I was just standing in line waiting to board.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he was doing in Vegas. Did he go ACDC I don't know. I don't know. Abby sends an email any chance now we just got done.
Speaker 3: That is a infamous I don't want to call it famous.
Speaker 1: That's an infamous little thing I put together the Monday Morning meat Loaf.
Speaker 3: Radio Wizard always hated it. I thought it was too long. I thought it was stupid. Like most things on the show.
Speaker 1: It's called art Wizard, you wouldn't get not a fan. But Josh Tree has been beating me up for about six months. Every Monday, He's like, please, dude, the Monday Morning meatlove.
Speaker 3: He just wants me to play it so I get in trouble.
Speaker 8: That's all he is.
Speaker 1: He likes I don't think he likes him. Now. It's it's well documented that one of the least favorite things that it's ever been done on.
Speaker 3: This show was I believe called hooker or horse race? Or hooker or horse.
Speaker 1: Did we play that? Leading up to the Kentucky Derby, Abby's asking any I mean, She's like, hey, Rod, the Kentucky Derby, is this weekend hooker or horse game? Any chance you guys?
Speaker 3: She goes.
Speaker 1: I thought it was really funny, even though the Radio Wizard didn't agree.
Speaker 3: The people think it's funny. One email. So it's funny, she said me.
Speaker 1: A bunch of funny horse names. You want to hear a couple two in the pink. May the horse be with you.
Speaker 3: It's good, big tits.
Speaker 1: It's a French trained Philly passing wind the g g E the G spot. Here's a horse called My wife knows everything. How much do you want to bet how much she wouldn't let him buy the horse?
Speaker 3: What if I name it? My wife knows everything? Well, okay, okay, well, now you can get the horse.
Speaker 1: I guarantee, I guarantee that had something to do with it. There's a horse. Oh no, it's my mother in law. Let's see both of these nuts. Fifty shades of hay, magic, carpet burns, Horsey mccorse face. Okayse funny, it's funny, Thank you Abby.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we'll bring that game back this Yes, I don't do it.
Speaker 1: It just didn't.
Speaker 6: I just I.
Speaker 1: Can only sit down with that guy and have him tell me how bad this show blows so often.
Speaker 3: Let's turn him out then know the show's coming up.
Speaker 1: Cooheat and Cambria taking back Sunday. Right, they're touring together September eighth. They'll be here at seven one three Music Hall. Tickets are on sale at ticket Master.
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets for you, Alex.
Speaker 8: You have a question.
Speaker 3: I do have a question.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll go well, hang on to it till after this break. All right, Alex's question.
Speaker 3: He's already got it ready for you.
Speaker 16: It's coming up Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The.
Speaker 10: Rock Last Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning brought Ryan's show, wrap it up.
Speaker 3: Well, we're getting ready to wrap up a milf.
Speaker 1: Monday nine fifty one. La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. I'll tell you what we do get in trouble for the milk or for not milk Monday, but the Monday morning meat loss.
Speaker 3: We've been on time today, pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we take it all that we have been on time. The show's run pretty good on time today. So I gotta start with a positive, you know, get balled out. Cohe and Cambria taking back Sunday. I got tickets for you, September eighth, seven and three Music Hall.
Speaker 3: What's your question.
Speaker 4: What musician has a horse that's participating into Kentucky Derby this weekend.
Speaker 3: It's good that was your favorite story today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, seven one three, two, one two five five If.
Speaker 17: You know the show, Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five the buzz on iHeartRadio, getting.
Speaker 6: Ninety four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Houston's Rock and Alternative ninety four or five buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show going out with the Killers.
Speaker 1: Well imagine Alex will probably put one more song in there. Hope you're up to a great start to you to day. Thank you so much for spending some time with us on this Monday. Really active. You guys were super active this weekend. A lot of pictures that were shared with us. They'll be appearing on our Facebook page later. Chilly said he's already got them scheduled. Lots of concert reviews from Lincoln Park, Got a guy, got engaged, Got a guy fencing. I did put the fencing picture up on our stories.
Speaker 3: Follow us at Rob Ryan's show, Instagram, Facebook.
Speaker 1: All that good stuff.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you for sharing your stuff from the weekend.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 3: Cloudy's guys today ten percent chance to rain.
Speaker 1: Heis of Ron eighty six.
Speaker 3: Wrap it up.
Speaker 8: He's now time for I Know this show on ninety four to five The.
Speaker 6: La La La La La La La La La La La La la La.
Speaker 3: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Good morning brother Rock, brother brother.
Speaker 1: What who are you you? Pablo, Brother Pablo, welcome to the show. How are you I'm doing?
Speaker 3: Good man?
Speaker 1: How about you? Great?
Speaker 3: Thank you for asking.
Speaker 1: Let's catch you in and on here. Let's get you some great tickets. This is Pablo, This is brother Pablo. Could you ask him a question?
Speaker 4: Brother, Brother Pablo, what musician has a horse that's competing in the Kentucky Derby this weekend?
Speaker 3: Tell us.
Speaker 1: What celebrity has a horse competing in the Kentucky Derby this weekend?
Speaker 3: Oh, the name of the horse is going.
Speaker 17: To be big Kitch, No, big tits was his answer. Well, is one of the horses. And by the Amy.
Speaker 3: Emailed you, oh yeah, yeah, she was telling me funny horse names.
Speaker 1: No no, no, Pablo, no no, Pablo, get out of here.
Speaker 3: Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Good morning. Hello. Hi, what's your name? Angelica? Okay?
Speaker 1: And ending the show very Monday, Yeah, very Monday, Angelica.
Speaker 3: Take a listen to Alex Please what.
Speaker 4: Musician has a horse that's competing in the Kentucky Derby this weekend.
Speaker 3: Ha Toby Keith.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the answer we were looking for, Toadster.
Speaker 3: I think Pablo was confused.
Speaker 1: He thought the question was hey, name one of the funny horse names that Rod came up with.
Speaker 3: That was the That was just a list of names. Angelica, you won.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah, Toby Keith has a horse that's going to be competing in the Kentucky Derby this year.
Speaker 3: That was the correct answer.
Speaker 1: Coheat tickets with taking Back Sunday, September eight, seventy three Music Hall. You have those two, it's everybody else is going to ticketmaster dot com to get those. Angelica, thanks thanks for saving the show today.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Thank you guys.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: I mean it when I say it. Angelica, I kind of love Pablo though funny.
Speaker 3: Big tits Nope, made my day, made my day.
Speaker 1: Normally I'd be saying congratulations to Hello Jerry. I'm not going to congratulate Hello Jerry. Jerry got his ass hand into him the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah he loses, Jerry is out.
Speaker 1: We have a new champion in the fresh out of bed Head to head and tune in tomorrow morning at six point twenty to see how he does.
Speaker 3: I believe it was Kyle that got the job done. This morning, we'll give away more.
Speaker 1: We'll have more fun facts for you tomorrow, more pierced to veil more Buzzfest tickets. Guys, have you voted to bring on Buzzfest? Have you voted for the local band?
Speaker 3: Please? There's about thirty five of them up. You need take the time.
Speaker 1: I can't stress enough how important this would be for a local band to get their break, to go up on stage and open up and bring on Buzzfest.
Speaker 3: It's all brought to us by Love Street Blonde. Take the time.
Speaker 1: These bands are out there busting their asses. You want us to get involved with the community, You want us to get involved with local music, Well we are now. You do your part and go out there and vote. It's at the buzz dot com and Chili has it on links and guests. Good luck to all those bands, all right, Jeremy's gonna do all this stuff.
Speaker 3: He's better than us.
Speaker 1: Just Jerry's gonna do all this but way better, all right, So big Jeremy Benson, pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: He's got the NonStop nooner. He just rocks for an entire hour, and.
Speaker 1: Then in about ten minutes from now, he's gonna give you that second chance of the day for alternative income.
Speaker 3: Guys, have an awesome day. We're back.
Speaker 1: We'll do better tomorrow. We're on a twenty hour break. If you want to play a game tomorrow, shoot me an email. Rod at thebuzz dot com.
Speaker 15: Amm Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 8: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.