Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on Wazy Boston Radio.
Speaker 2: Hey, I Griffin, welcome to the night Side here. How are you. I'm great? How are you? Dan?
Speaker 3: It's great to be here talking with you again. Not that we've missed a day, but it's just a little different tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, it's great opening day for the Bruins. And also, by the way, is a great night for Alex Ovechkin. He has tied scored two goals when the Capitals defeated the Blackhawks tonight. Earlier, we had a reporter on with us during the eight o'clock newscast, and he has been chasing Wayne Gretzky's record of eight and ninety four NHL goals, and tonight he scored two and he tied the record with a second goal in the third period, actually I think was the game winner. They beat the Blackhawks in Washington. We had a an iHeart reporter live from the scene during the eight o'clock hours. So now he's got probably at least six or seven games left to break the record of the great one.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's it's nice to have a hockey story to uh to cheer for, because the Bruins Tomorrow night will be going for what they're or trying to avoid their tenth consecutive loss. It's been a decade since they've had this bad of a season, and in fact, I believe that if they lose just even one more game, mathematically they will be eliminated from the playoffs. Kind of the inevitable is probably gonna happen tomorrow night. But that's that's great on Ovechkin, but bad for the Bruins.
Speaker 2: I hate to tell you this, but the Bruins have lost end straight.
Speaker 3: Oh it's already been ten straight.
Speaker 2: It's ten. Yeah. They hit the double figure the other night in Montreal, and it's back for the It's back that the least Amadans tomorrow night, and the Canadians probably are going to the playoffs, which has been a reversal of many years.
Speaker 3: That even hurts even more.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, that's that's proverbial salt into the wounds, that's sure.
Speaker 3: But you know what helps, You know what helps, Dan? We have the Red Sox now to root for and evening up to four and four in the season, So.
Speaker 2: Get the duck boats ready. I think I think this is a much improved baseball team. They were eighty one and eighty one a year ago, and they if they can win ten more games, and which I think is eminently doable, that's going to put them in the playoffs. Generally ninety one games will get you the playoffs. And it was a great They started out strong today and a was as you said in the newscast, what a beautiful spring day. No one could have expected that a week ago. It's not going to be great tomorrow and Sunday, though, I'm afraid.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and if anybody was fortunate enough to be to be there or to watch the pregame ceremony with the team out there, twenty members of the team, including Fred Lynn, Jim Rice, anybody was able to see Kyle Yustrumsky throw up that ceremonial first pitch. What an emotional day it was seeing all all the players and seeing Yazz out there again. It was just phenomenal, very lucky to be here in Boston.
Speaker 2: And when we mentioned you know, Rice and Lynn, you have to mention that right field evans to dew Dewey. Yeah, pretty pretty good outfield that year. Oh great, great to have to chat with you. I haven't seen you. Maybe i'll see you someday next week. All right, I have a great weekend. All right. The big story today, sadly was not Ovechkin, although it's a big story in Washington, d C. Tonight. And the big story today and this entire week has been the Trump tariffs. And today the stock market actually lost more ground than it did yesterday. I think that all of the three you know, the Dow and the NASDAK and the Nasdaq and the S and P five hundred, they were down like five and a half six percent, which really I think surprised even market watchers after the blood bath yesterday. So now all of the the leading you know, stock indicators, which look at is say, who this is getting into scary territory, bear market territory, scary territory. The President insists that, hey, don't worry, We're about to enter the golden age. Well, if it is the golden age, it hasn't It hasn't started off very well, at least in terms of the tariffs. And I know that we had a great guest last night from Boston University of School of Business, the Questionum School of Business professor Greg Styler, who many of you have complimented and rightfully. So I thought he did a great job last night. And we've had others during the week and leading up to this, and we will will continue to follow the story. But I thought that tonight would be a great opportunity for people to kind of lean in. Now. The market affects everyone. And the reason I say that is if even if you have no investments and the stock market tanks as it has in the last two days, it has an impact on you. It has an impact on everybody who has stocks in their portfolio, if you're lucky enough to have a portfolio, it's also affects you if you have a four to one K. It affects you if you happen to have a pension with any major union, either state, municipal, or private union. It has a broad impact on senior citizens, who many of whom are living off Social Security. And look, it's very difficult to live off social Security alone. You would hope that most of the senior citizens have some other sources of revenue, whether again it's their own savings or perhaps a four to oh one k in addition of Social Security. So the question that this raises for me, and I think it should for all of you is okay, what do you do now? I would argue that at this point, and again I'm not giving financial advice, but I would tell you that at this point, I'm not gonna hold, I'm not gonna sell. Excuse me, because my feeling is that the market has always had ups and downs and it comes back. The worst that I heard today was people talk about the possibility of a recession. Maybe has gone up a little bit. Well, all of us who have lived a few years have been through recessions. They're not fun. If you go back to two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight, two thousand and nine, those were recession years. If you go back to two thousand and one, two thousand and two, a little bit of a recession, and there there was a recession when Bush was Bush forty one was president. And you can't panic. You just cannot panic. And I'm hoping that some of you will reinforce that thought tonight, because they don't want people who are new into the stock market and have let's say, invested five thousand dollars and they're young, and all of a sudden they've seen that five thousand dollars drop ten percent, and all of a sudden say, oh my god, my five thousand dollars. It's like Las Vegas. It's not Las Vegas. So let let's talk about your experiences in the stock market. I didn't watch it today. I really didn't because I said to myself, I'll see what it is at the end of the day. It's not going to be a good number that I know, and we'll see how bad a number it is, and let's see what happens. There were some There was a pretty strong jobs report, which I think is good. I know that people say, well, that might make inflation coming back. Well, you're not going to have inflation with a recession. I don't think you. I think the price of oil, and I can check some of that has has dipped down a little bit. You'll notice that there are some signs separated apart from the tariffs. I will admit, separate and apart from the tariffs. When the tariffs do go into effect, which I guess is tomorrow, let's see how that works out. We had a great explanation last night with Professor Staller, So I'm just going to open up the phone lines. We have about forty five minutes left in this hour at eleven tonight, I want to turn the tables and I want to ask all of you to tell me something good that happened to you this week, because I don't want to end the week on a down or in any way, shape or form. All of you have had moments this week where something good happened to you. I know that there are moments this week where some of you have gotten bad news. But I want to focus, beginning at eleven oh five tonight, on something good that happened to you. And we have a wide audience. So there's some parts of the country that are dealing with some bad weather tonight, but maybe you're in a part of the country that avoided the bad weather, So that's something that would be good. But right now, what advice? What what are you doing with your money in the stock market? And how concerned are you. I do not think it's time to panic. I don't think it's really ever time to panic. That's not a good idea. But you can join the conversation six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Let's light these phone lines up. Let's finish the week strong. We've had a great week. On nights. I had some great guests. I hope you enjoyed my guest last hour of the president of Assumption University, President Greg Wiener. UH. There is hope for UH colleges and universities as long as there are people like Greg Wiener who are at the helm of different colleges and universities. We'll take a break, We'll be right back after these messages. Let's light these lines up six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. If you're panicked and you want to tell me you're panicked, that's fine. I'll try to talk you off the ledge. But if you're not and you've been through something like this before, feel free to add your voice to the conversation. Be right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: So it was another bad day on the stock market, and that's what we're going to talk about for a little while. And I've had you lost faith in President Trump. He's somebody who I think came into office and promised the golden age. Is this the golden age? I don't know. I think not, and do I think it will work out eventually? I always tend to be an optimist, but your faith has to have been a little shaken by what happened today. I was hoping to see the market settle down today. When I say settled down, mean being you know, a slight loss for a slight game. But no, it doubled down. It doubled down today. Let me go to Mike and Beverly, who is a Trump supporter, and I suspect Mike is not concerned.
Speaker 5: Hey, Janganini, Dan Area, good too?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 6: I'm not concerned all Dan, Like, it's only been two days then, And the point of information, Dan, you know, the reciprocal Paris reciprocal. You know, other country has been over chiding a terrace for years and we have not been done that. And this video is about this about Nisy Pelosi, Obama all that. I'm talking about it years ago, but they never followed through with it. And Trump finally, you know, put it into it now and it was freaking out. And there's the point it quickly yesterday one day, twenty three hour was General Motors and the Michigan Plan hired workers already to fill I think a couple of shifts already so day.
Speaker 2: Yet you know, I don't know if that was a consequence of the president. I mean, we've known the President had said for several weeks that it would be April second, would be a great day, Liberation Day, and you know, so they knew it was coming, and I know the White House will look it for every every every positive development. Look today, I think it was two hundred and eighty thousand jobs, which is which is a healthy number. And I think it's always good for people to go back to work. But you'll, you'll listen to the economist on television. I'll say, well, that just proves we're going to have inflation coming back. I don't necessarily agree with that. It sounds to me like that's a good thing, more people going back to work. But different economists see it differently. So you're not worried at this point. Do you have a stake in the stool?
Speaker 6: Agause?
Speaker 2: Okay, what I mean, it's okay? Did you get off? I hope you get off the crack Mike.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, I've been cleaning a while. I've been cleaning a while, Dan, But congratulations, I'm not doing that no more. But I don't have the benefice then, you know, market, I'll ask.
Speaker 5: You jobs, Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you still working?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I'm still working?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you working part part time? A full time?
Speaker 6: Full time? But you know, I don't get all the vending and stuff like that to the end, you know. And you know, because I lost a while. I'm almost sixty then, so I lost a lot of years. I don't have all that sort of stuff. You're like a lot of other people.
Speaker 7: I understand.
Speaker 2: I understand. But you to be able to get your footing underneath you and you'll be okay and hopefully, yeah, you'll have some good health for the next ten or fifteen years at a minimum. Uh yeah, you'll be able to build up some bank accounts. And are you I I hope you're working. Don't work under the table, because at that point you don't get any of the Social Security benefits. You know that, right?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, I understand that, Dan, I get that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just you want to get those what they call the forty quarters in meaning ten years, so that you're qualifying for Social Security. I think you know what I'm.
Speaker 6: Talking about, right, Yes, sir, I do, sir, Yes, sir, yes, sir. It's all I want everyone to be patient like that. Whether it's about bringing work his jaws back, you know, like the g anything yesterday and then anyone yesterday, a chip manufacturer, A kiddy Go was calm, is already worked back here. Already kidder Goo was the top of my head. And then Israel just later today is going to change zero tarifs is no more terrors. I mean, so you know that's.
Speaker 2: That's a good development. I hope that the President turns around and immediately drops our tariffs on Israel, because he's the one that's talked about reciprocal. So if Israel is doing the right thing, we better get in aligned with that as well, and hopefully that will encourage other countries to do the same.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 6: Just whiles standing here for ourselves and bringing jobs back here, I just don't know why people are up and arms because finally bringing economy back here, but American workers back to work.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, and as they say, I hope this is the right way to do it. That's my only concern at this point. At this point, thanks Mike.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you all the things.
Speaker 6: The set is working through this weekend, we need a Seattle bill. Pass the Seattle bill. They're going to attach and no tax on tips, no tax on all the time, no tax on security. We need a sea bill pass. Once a sea bill pass, with the less regulation, the market will go through the roof.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see, let's see what happens. I guess that's another set of cards to play. Mike, appreciate you all have a great weekend.
Speaker 6: Thanks having going by all.
Speaker 2: You're welcome me go six one seven two thirty one line there got a couple at six one seven nine three. Mike obviously is pretty positive. Let's see what others are thinking. George's in Bridgewater, George next on nice, I welcome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how you doing?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 2: Good? Sell?
Speaker 4: Sell, sell, sell everything?
Speaker 2: Why do you say that?
Speaker 4: No, that's my wife two days ago? Okay, did you I have you?
Speaker 1: Have you?
Speaker 2: Did you follow your wife's advice? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: I said, you know, you know, I'm eighty years old. She's sixty two. So all this money in a portfolio is hers, and I'm just trying to make money for her retirement. But you know, I said, come here, look at this palunteer. I bought it for twelve dollars. This shear it was as high as one hundred and twenty five, like eight hundred percent interest and not now it's around five hundred percent. Uh, sell it, sell it, sell it. So when you sell it, it goes into this SPAG the sp sp A x X account, and the money just stays there and collects four percent interest.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know, okay, if that makes you comfortable, then that's what you got to do. But everybody's circumstance has to dictate what their what their next move is. I I don't know where you did you did you get? What made you buy the stock at twelve? If that went up to one twenty? What? What type of stock was.
Speaker 4: That I have on my front page of Fidelity. I have the full one K savings plan. I don't touch that. Then I have stocks i'd buy for her under account and a roth Ira for my my account.
Speaker 2: Well you're pretty savvy, fester than it sounds to me.
Speaker 4: Uh Now, I've only been there two years. I think I think I'm a rookie, but I do study stocks.
Speaker 2: Uh and uh.
Speaker 4: But I sold everything, which I think was a big mistake because I have your attitude. Just hold sin on it. It's gonna come back.
Speaker 2: But but if you got out before Thursday.
Speaker 1: Morning, if you sold, well, yeah.
Speaker 2: If you sold on Wednesday, you know you're you're better off right now, and you could go back in and buy similar stocks, uh and and hopefully see an uptick. But that's a decision you got to make it. It depends upon your set of circumstances. I'm happy for you. Sound like to me, you're like, you're a pretty good stock picker.
Speaker 5: So, oh god, I think it's a way.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, well, yesterday we lost you know, five thousand SEENI sold love of shares, but I don't touch there for one case, she lost five grand there, probably lose another five grand tonight because I don't. It doesn't hit the computer until around eleven thirty. But so we'll lose another five tonight instead of ten if I didn't sell anything.
Speaker 2: So but that hopeful, hopefully it'll come back, George, Okay, it always has. Okay, even when things really went south in two thousand and seven, in two thousand and eight, the time to buy was, you know, when and when it hit the bottom. It's always tough to time the market.
Speaker 4: You know that as well, So tell me about now's the time to buy. Let's see if we have a couple more days than it is. Of the market. Start's going up. There's some good buys out there. But according to my wife, she doesn't want to do it. She wants to collect her four percent, and that four percent that is held in fidelity or any other other por ffolio. If the Fed uh drops the interest rates, your money could be making only one percent. So it's I don't think that's a good investment at all.
Speaker 5: So but all right, yeah, I do what I do.
Speaker 4: What's I'm told.
Speaker 2: Well, I understand that, I understand that, I understand your situation. Trust me. Thank you, George. We'll talk again. Thanks you, brother, You're well. Good night. Will take quick break, okay, six n we'll get you in if you'd like. We will be talking about the stock market. Two very rough days, two back to back, the roughest days in quite a while. But we've been through rough days before. And as I say, I hope everyone is rooting for the stock market to come back. Now there are some people goes, he oh, I want to see all the rich people lose their money. Well, the rich people tend not to lose their money. They tend to be a little smarter because that's how they get their money In the first place. I'm more concerned about people who are on fixed incomes and who who need their their stock portfolio to come back. Six one seven, two five four six one seven nine three. We're chopping this off at eleven, So if you're calling late, you know, tonight at at ten fifty five, you're not going to make it. Dial it now if you want to weigh in, coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZY, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: So it's been a rough week on Wall Street. There's no way to put a shine on that sneaker, But I'd love to hear from some folks who maybe have some perspective. We've been through this before. I'm not happy about it. I don't suspect many of you were happy about it either. But let's talk about it. Give me a yell. We will be here until eleven on this, and then after eleven we're going to change topics and change We're going to change the tone to be honest with you. But I'm looking for some positivity here. Kate isn't conquered. Hi, Kate, welcome you in next on night Side.
Speaker 8: Thank you. I was calling to make a point. I think that what we should be worried about is a lot bigger than our portfolios. And I think that the world's view of Trump is very small, and he is let's make a deal, okay, So that's a very pedestrian way to live your life. And Musk, if you listen to him carefully, is talking about his impact on civilization. I don't really think that anything that we do, worrying, obsessing, buying, and selling is really going to impact what we have ahead of us.
Speaker 6: And that's all I have to say.
Speaker 8: I'll hang up now.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't have to hang up. I'd prefer to have you talk to me. But that's fine. That's pretty dystopian view. Again, people have every right to call this program and make a statement and hang up. We like to do conversations here. I don't know what Kate is talking about. Frankly, if she is someone who just cannot abide Donald Trump and or Elon Musk or the Trump cabinet, that's okay. She has every right to say what she wants. But I'm just going to respond, Kate, just will while you're not here. It's a little unfair, but I'm going to take the opportunity. It would appear to me that President Trump is very much concerned about what's going on in other parts of the world. He has injected himself, at some political cost, into the whole Russian Ukraine situation. I don't know how that is going to work out. However, I'm glad that he is involved and that maybe maybe he can bring some peace to that troubled region. There's a lot of people going on over there who are going through a lot worse than what you and I going through. Kith, you're in conquered, and I'm you know, any of us here in New England's we're not worried about bombs dropping on our head. I have no idea where you wanted to take the conversation, and you know that's that's fine. I commend the administration for attacking and responding to the hooties who are using Yemen as the base of their operations to disrupt all sorts of commercial traffic in the Red Sea. I think that's a problem. I think it was a problem that was ignored for the last four years, and I think that that needs to be addressed and it has been, and hopefully you will continue to be until the hooties get the message I'm concerned earned about Iran perhaps developing a nuclear weapon. Maybe that's not on your radar, but that's something that I think the President is paying attention to. So I think there's a lot of things that I can look at and say the positive developments. But the next time you call Kate love to have a conversation with you, You're more than welcome to call. Make a station, make a statement, and do a mic drop. That's normally not what we do here at night say. Let me go to Joel and Natick. Joel, you're next on nightside.
Speaker 9: Welcome, Welcome, Dan. How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. I wish Kate had stuck around, but that's neither here nor there. You go right ahead.
Speaker 9: You got the mic at Joel Go okay, So I'm going retired, Dan, yep. And I'm more in dividends in a word, about the stock market going up and down, as long as the stocks are paying their dividends will survive, all right.
Speaker 2: That's an interesting So.
Speaker 9: Every Saturday I go out and get the Wall Street Journal and look at the new hides and new levels for the stocks, and then you decide what you want to do based on a dividends.
Speaker 2: Do you have stocks that that you that are performing well for you.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 9: I have to wait till tomorrow. I'll tell you that story, Dan. I mean, we could change it, but some go, some do better than others.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, but what I'm saying is I assume that when you've made your investments, you've you've gone into the to the what will be considered the blue chips to make sure that you're getting a bang for your buck through dividends.
Speaker 9: Well, it depends what blue chips. I mean, we don't like them to smugglers. You know. It's in the food industry and and also the the drug industry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very very but.
Speaker 9: It depends, as I said, it depends on how much sure you do the diffence. I'm not going to go looking for I know.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and when you talk about the food industry, America still has to eat. And when you talk about the pharmaceutical injury industry, there are more and more Americans who are getting older every day, members of our generation baby boomers, who are living their lives longer through through pharmaceuticals. Yeah, there's there's there's a lot of good stocks that are out there. And again, I think your perspective is an important perspective. It is not just what did the market do today? And the market today and yesterday tanked a thousand points yesterday, twelve hundred points yesterday and more today. The headline is not good, but there were two hundred and eighty thousand new jobs created, which you got to look at that a little bit. The price of gasoline has gone down. That probably is a consequence a little bit of what the Trump administration tried to do to the hooties a week and a half ago. So that's two weeks ago. Now, if we could eliminate them and put them back in their their corner and they would stop hitting commercial and in US Navy or firing rockets at commercial and US Navy vessels in the Red Sea, that would be a good thing. So yeah, I mean again, yours is yours is a pretty sophisticated point of view in terms of in terms of the stock market, Joe, I appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Stocks so you want to shoven, Yeah, thanks on they're doing well too. And then uh you find something else that's maybe tools like uh black and finally black and Decca, you know stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, there will be people who may decide if the if money gets tight. That's again that that's a position that you would take and realize that maybe some people are going to say, well, instead of paying uh people to come over to do the work of my house, let me see what I might be able to learn and what skills set might I might I be able to learn that will save save me some money. So that's that's thinking ahead as well. So yeah, all good thoughts, Joel. I really do appreciate you. You're bringing a different point of view to the table. Thank you, Thank you as always.
Speaker 9: Yep, you have a good night by day you too.
Speaker 2: All right, we will continue to talk on this. I got a couple of open lines if you'd like to jump on board six one seven, two, five, four thirty six, one seven, nine, three thirty.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Look, bad week for stocks, no doubt about it. Bad couple of days for stocks. If we could go back and replay it, everybody could have sold Wednesday night. That's fine. However, However, it's not the end of the world. Stock market tends to come back at least that's been that's been its history. Uh, And if you want to stay on the right side of history, please, I again not giving you this advice, but I think the worst thing people could do right now is panic and sell. And if the stock market does come back a month or so from now and you look back and you say, why did I dump that's and take a loss again, Not here to give anyone advice. I'm more interested in what your thoughts are. Joel had interesting thoughts, Mike and George had interesting thoughts. I wish I knew what Kate's interesting thoughts would have been, but she just wanted to make a statement, and she's welcome to do that on this show, though I would much prefer to have had a conversation. I got a bunch of lines here, so fill them up. Let's get to eleven o'clock and we'll start talking about some of the positive things in our life. I don't want to go into the weekend on a downer, Okay, that's not my goal. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty. Join the conversation back right after this couple of brief messages here on Nightside.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZY, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, as we move towards the end of this hour, feel free to join the conversation. I'm looking for some up beat calls. You can sit there and you can stew in your own juices and tell me that it's been a horrible week, and yeah, it hasn't it hasn't been a great week, but I think there's a way to get around it. And I think that eventually things will will straighten out. And if if you'd like to give me your thoughts and your strategy, you got you got the number six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six, one, seven thirty. Let me go to Warren in Fall River, Fall, Fall River calling, Hi, Warren.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Hey, Hey Dan.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna preface, uh, what what I'm gonna say with a comment, First America, Like when when there's trouble around the world, America is the first country to help always, all right, And with you know, with that said, I mean after World War Two, America started building up the world, all right and started helping the world.
Speaker 2: Well, the you're talking about the Marshall Plan, which basically rebuilt Europe, and people forget about.
Speaker 10: Well we don't.
Speaker 7: We built Europe. We helped everything out. But I wonder if Trump is misreading the teasings right now, you know, thinking that you know, bending everything, you know, bending every country to his way of thinking, after after you know, years and decades of them taking advantage of us, and you know, what you're seeing is volatility. And you know, I'm just I'm just wondering what other countries really think of the United States And if if we were or if anything ever happened to us, who would who would come to who would come to help?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, we as a nation have been in many respects underappreciated. Uh. I mean, we protected the world from fascism in the nineteen forties and that that was the work of the Greatest generation. We defeated communism worldwide. Does Russia still exist, Yeah, but it's less of a threat today than it was when it was the Soviet Union. So we have we have we have protected Europe for decades, and we have we have helped. If you take the amount of work that Americans and the amount of charity that that we have given to the world, both as government, as agencies like us AI, ai D, and also private charities, it's it's it's immense.
Speaker 6: It's not even.
Speaker 7: More help for the world than every other country combined, and it's not even close.
Speaker 2: And it's taken.
Speaker 7: That's that's my point. And I'm just one and I and I all basically saying is okay, you took ad the image of us. It's time to bilence south the ships.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I don't think he's going to phrase it like that. I mean, I think I think what he's basically I think what he's basically saying is what he's saying is he wants a level playing field. Now, I don't know if we can get to the point where there is you know, free free trade and fair trade would be perfect if there were no there were no economic barriers, if there were no roadblocks, if there were no tariffs. We'll see where we are two months from now, see where we are.
Speaker 7: I'm thinking that, and I do think and I'll just I'll this is I think the purpose of tariffs is to have no terriffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's true. I think that's what his goal is. And and and then I think he probably figures we would be the big dog on the block and and and anew it to the benefit of the United States.
Speaker 6: Or fuxing our muscle.
Speaker 7: What's flexing our muscle right now. And the world doesn't like.
Speaker 2: It, probably probably not, Certainly China doesn't like it, that's for sure. Thanks, Wy, I'm talking. Appreciate your call.
Speaker 5: Okay, talk, I have a great night.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got a couple more get in here, I promise, stew and Virginia, Stu, welcome back. How are you, sir?
Speaker 5: It's always a pleasure Dan. You such a such a positive program with when you get talked to people. But I just use this as a chance to go bottom fishing. I keep them about ten percent of my portfolio in cash, and this is a chance I've won the bottom fishing. I'm looking at companies that will flourish in bad times as well as good times. And one of them, as you said earlier, it's a food service business, Walmart's. The best food is a good sert in home, old foods. And I'm going got all endo go bottom fishing and spend my money. And but you always I listen to you every night, a very seldom call, but you always put a positive spin on everythinging. I certainly appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Well. Let me let me just say this to if I could, and that is that I try to be positive I think it's better to be positive than negative. At the same time, you kind of ignore reality. And this week was a tough week for the stock market. There's just no doubt about it. I think that if I had been a lot smarter and maybe other people would have said, you know, the time to bail. But but one thing that I've always felt is you can't time the stock market. So if you decide to bail out of the stock market, that's that's the week where you know, two weeks that will have gone up. So let's see, let's see how let's see how this with this ride takes us. You know, I feel badly for young people who are just getting into the market, maybe have ten or fifteen thousand dollars in the market, and have lost twenty percent in the last few days, last two days. I just hope that they have the courage to hold on because because they reach the.
Speaker 5: Sun is that way up? Yeah, okay, you can, but I'll giving a spend. I've told him how I got my retirement can built up. It was it was through shifting things back and forth. And we've had some bad times, I had some good times, and you and I have about the same age groups. We understand each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're both at you and I both in our late twenties or early thirties, I would suspect, right, So yeah.
Speaker 5: You'll get exactly Craig almost been four dicks. Okay, Yeah, well look, thank you, thank you even thank you for making things positive.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for calling. I really do appreciate. I think a lot of people are hunking down tonight. I'm going to try to have a real positive eleven o'clock hour. We'll see how we do. I got one more call coming in from a little more south for you. I get David Mississippi coming up. Thanks to thank you. Thanks, that's a good weekend, and keep calling. Call more off and I like your attitude too. Davis in Mississippi. Dave, welcome back. How are you, sirving?
Speaker 10: It's d Davy and Mississippi.
Speaker 2: Where I've been? Great? Where have you been?
Speaker 10: You're not gonna believe where I am? Can you feel the Jedi forest right now?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 10: Can you feel it?
Speaker 2: I have no clue. I wouldn't even try to guess where are you I am in.
Speaker 10: I'm under a bridge. I'm gonna tunnel somewhere in your town and I've got ten thirty on my ten thirties on my rental car, and I'm just stuck in a traffic jam right now.
Speaker 2: But if you're in Boston.
Speaker 10: I'm in Boston.
Speaker 2: What brings you to Boston?
Speaker 10: A little work of work brought me there. But what's kind of funny is I came out of retirement a little bit. Then I did a little work, and then I'll get back. But what's interesting is me living in Illinois now. The Cardinals came to town today and you guys put a whooping to them today.
Speaker 5: This was that was it.
Speaker 10: And I didn't watch the game. I watched the highlights and my neck got sourcing that those balls fly out of that stadium today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the Cardinals, of you know, there's a couple of games left. Unfortunately, the weather today was wonderful. It's not supposed to be all that good tomorrow or Sunday, so we'll see if well, well they will try because obviously, as a National League team, the Cardinals come into Boston, you know, they only come in every two or three years now, and so it's not like that it's an American League team where you could make it up with a day night doubleheaded later in the year, you really got to worry about getting them back here. So they will try their best, yeah, to get these games in. And I would suspect that. I don't know where you're going to be in Boston, but if you get yourself over the ballpark tomorrow, you could probably you know, buy a ticket or get in and be careful because the scalpers will be out. You know, the Red Sox are real popular.
Speaker 10: Pot me out if I had a Cardinal shirt on or a Yankee shirt.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, we treat we treat fans of other teams.
Speaker 10: Well, how have you been, I've been worried. I was, I was and listened for a while. I got on tonight, I was like, I was hoping that you pick up. I want to say hi to my buddy Mike and Nashville. He's he's still he's still kicking it hard, pretty hard down in Nashville. And I've just been popping in here and I was down in the theater district tonight. So it's a beautiful area. Beautiful Yeah there.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes it is. I wish I had known ahead of time. I would have said to you, we'll get together and grab a beer some night. So next time, if you come back to Boston, next time, you give me a call ahead of time, I'll go to You're gonna have Rob give you my direct line, my direct number, so you know, I don't know if your work is going to bring you up here on a regular basis, but oh sure, take a little bit of notice. We can. We can at a minimum grab beer or grab a lunch or something. So you hang in there, Dan, hang in there, don't hang up. Rob will give you my number, and I hope you stay with us for the rest of the night. We got one more hour to go. It is the It is the twentieth hour of the week, the eleven o'clock hour on Friday night. I think everyone knows that the eleven o'clock hour is an hour that we try to do something positive, and we will. We're gonna ask thank you to tell me something good that happened to you this week or this month, whatever. Let's get positive. If you've called during the week, everybody has a hall pass for the eleven o'clock hour on Friday night. My name's Dan Ray. We'll do a recap of our weekend. We'll get right to some positive stories. They can be personal stories. That's what we're talking about. My name's Dan Ray. This is night Side. Be right back right after the eleven o'clock news