Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: Coming to you from the dining room table at East Barbary Lane. Welcome to a new episode of Full Circle the Podcast. A visit to our home where we squeeze a few headlines through our decidedly queer lens and see what happens. This episode is brought to you by Decanted jug Wine, Winter Spring, Summerfall, Winter, all in one week and Amateur Night.
Speaker 3: I'm your host Gerles Tyson Junior.
Speaker 2: And I'm your host Martha Madrigal. Welcome to the Full Circle Table. Hi, baby, honey.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite season, Winter spring, summer falls, all in one.
Speaker 2: Sweater on leopard coat, on shorts and a tank top, like all the windows open, the windows. Yeah right, we went what was it the one night? One day it was like seventy nine degrees literally and thirty five or so that night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crazy, And then last night it was like in the low thirties and windy, a is hail, Like.
Speaker 2: I told you I was.
Speaker 3: I checked under the car when I got to work to make sure there wasn't a pair of feet and striped socks sticking out underneath because.
Speaker 2: Kind of yeah, I heard the wind and I saw it, you know, shaking up the trees last night and and it's we are recording Saint Patrick's Day, Yes, amateur night, hence amateur night. Yeah, I this time of year, I cannot help but think about the what was it called the air and express? Is that? With that? God? I still get nightmares. And we never participated as bar owners, but that thing where they rent like it's school buses full of very drunken people wearing green going from bar to bar to bar and vomiting in the street and yeah, god knows what else. Yeah, a pub crawl. Yeah, and they were doing them like every weekend in March.
Speaker 3: Right, it used to be on Saint Patrick's Day proper, and then or if it wasn't on the weekend, right, Yeah, it was the weekend before, and then it became the weekend before, and then the weekend before that, and then just became every weekend in March.
Speaker 2: Do they do it again? I mean I know because then we had COVID, But like, did that pick back up? I don't know, I don't know, But what a mess. What a mess.
Speaker 3: I tried to not pay attention when it was happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember someone offering and I said, oh hell no, hell to the fuck now, we don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm too cute for jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's and it's like they you know, come unmasks and then they're there. I don't even know how long they're there, half hour maybe something like.
Speaker 3: That, long enough to make a huge mass mess.
Speaker 2: Right right, long enough to need to hose everything down, right.
Speaker 3: They leave you with a mess and PTSD.
Speaker 2: That's not fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well I told you about the story my bestde Lisa. This is like years and years ago, and she was on the bus and there was this couple. They were they had had their day on the air and express and the girl was really really really really drunk and she kept like slumping over on Lisa and Lisa kept pushing her over and after about the third time, she help holds the girl up with one hand, looks past her to the boyfriend, was like, if she lands on me again, I will slap her.
Speaker 2: And she did and she did. That makes me think of the time we were dancing, probably the last time we went dancing at Voyer. Oh god, when when that There were two lesbians on the dance floor and they kept the one and kept slamming into me, and I apologized and pushed you into her and she hit the floor. Remember that he using me as a projectile I did, I'm sorry and made her land. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that should tell you how long ago it was, because there were queer people at Voyeur.
Speaker 2: That were right exactly exactly some right right he was already being you know, yeah, but there were some and I just I remember that because it was really annoying and she was like stepping on me, and I kept kind of moving and then here she is again and moving, and here she is again. I'm sorry, I shoved you knocked the right hour. I mean, she was having a bowling pin.
Speaker 3: She was having trouble differentiating between the one and the three and the two and the four. You want her to have front, back, left and right together too.
Speaker 2: I wanted. I wanted personal space, is what I wanted. I know. Yeah not maybe not my finest movement. But what are you going to do? Crazy week? We've got a ton of stuff, a ton of things to mal I did do the Women's History Month panel.
Speaker 3: Yes, you did this past week, and you rocked that ship.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you. You really did good experience. It was good to be included in the conversation.
Speaker 3: And you were among some fears company.
Speaker 2: I know it was kind of great and there was a good back and forth discussion. Yeah, instead of just folks answering questions, we were discussing the answers to the questions as well. It was good. I liked it, had fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and your candor from the gidde up softened the rest of the women up so that they felt freer to express themselves more fully than they might have so quickly. Huh, I think.
Speaker 2: My candor huh. Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out exactly what you mean by that.
Speaker 3: But well, no, because, like you would, you led with your usual like wit and clarity and dare I say, cynicism at times, well rightly earned and appropriate. But when you like first introduced that into the conversation, injected into the conversation, I should say, at first they were like and then they were like, yeah, okay, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I'll take it. Yeah, it was fun. I had a good time, and it's you know, it's a lot of good back and forth, a lot of good feedback afterwards. I was invited to already invited to participate next year and I plan to the Yeah, that was at our local Teachers Union, which was great, and it was you know, an important it's an important topic and I know that. I did also mention, you know, being in the news and then being you know, it's it's kind of important to also be in the discussion, correct and et cetera. Always and how you know, diversity is strengths and we always get better outcomes when there are more of us sharing at the table. Indeed, I know that's such a foreign concept these days. It shouldn't be exactly. Yeah, So it was good. I was glad I did it. It was fun. I'm glad I was there. I've got another talk coming up on May second.
Speaker 3: Because you are what booked and blessed Booked and blessed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and another one I'm in the works for June. And you know, we'll see what else happens.
Speaker 3: If you would like to book and bless us, Yes, you feel free to visit full Circle theepod dot com. There you go and click this contact us page until I go ahead and set up a book us page because apparently it's going to have to happen. Hey why not, Hey we have someone that left us. Yes, recently, Judy Pace passed away this past week.
Speaker 2: Took me a minute to recognize her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she passed away at eighty three. She was famous for appearing Hayton Place and Brian's Song. She was once described by Variety as the most beautiful black actress in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, she died in.
Speaker 3: Her sleep on Wednesday while visiting family in Marina del Rey. I remember her in She was in a couple episodes of What's Happening. The one in particular that I'm thinking of is the one where Roger he was in the hospital and she played the nurse and he was like all infatuated with her, and she was just like trying desperately not to laugh at him.
Speaker 2: Okay. Black exploitation was a big part of her home career. Apparently. I was reading her a little bit in the New York Times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was described as a stone fox.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: She was in a Cotton Comes to Harlem in nineteen seventy she played the seductive Iris.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Peyton Place, which I don't remember, so that must have been a thing that was gone. I know my ya had awareness Peyton Place. I knew the name Peyton Place. I knew it as a reference to like drama and yeah, yeah, and the you know Genie c Riley song, right, that's all Harper Valley, PDA that one. But so I knew the idea of it, but not the because I believe it was a soap opera.
Speaker 3: Yes, from the sixties, she played a backstabbing schemer, oh my.
Speaker 2: And she won.
Speaker 3: In nineteen seventies, she won an NAACP Image Award for her role as an unapologetic career woman on the series The Young Lawyers Okay, yeah, all right, which I never knew about until reading about.
Speaker 2: It off well, As is often the case, we like, you know, hear these names and then look back and go, wait a minute, She'll say, did that right?
Speaker 3: Because these are shows that were popular like five years before I came around, which doesn't necessarily mean anything. But sometimes certain shows like they come and go so quickly that you know, I don't get to know about them.
Speaker 2: Right. We were just having a Kathy and I were having a conversation yesterday about you know, references that young folks just don't necessarily get. I know, how do they not like.
Speaker 3: I know, it feels like they're so uncultured. I mean, there's an argument to be made that they're not, but.
Speaker 2: Right, and I you know, and I said, at least in part. You know, we grew up in multi generational houses right here, Kathy did too, you know, Grangray lived with them, right, So meaning, you know, my grandmother taught me how to do the Charleston. My grandmother was born in nineteen oh nine. She lived in this house. Oh wow, My mother was born in nineteen thirty, right, and then my brother and sister you know, in the early nineteen fifties, and so we had you know, there was so much and then my mother was an old movie buff and all that. So I get references that are probably that are older than I am, right, same, yeah, but you know, you can talk to a thirty five or forty year old and there's not a whole lot goes past. I mean, no gun smoke. We were talking about gun smoke and a younger person going, what's that right?
Speaker 3: Well, like I never watched gun smoke and never cared to watch gun smoke, but I know what it is.
Speaker 2: Right, But you right, but you have a you know what it is right? It was right? This was just a blank stare right. And and Ernie Kovax was the other one that came up, and it was like, who.
Speaker 3: That's another one. I recognized the name, but I couldn't tell you what. At least I recognize the name.
Speaker 2: Yes, at least you do. And it's googleable. It's all googleable. But it just gets me how many references from Well, there's.
Speaker 3: People of a certain age whose frame of reference doesn't extend further back than two thousand and threes.
Speaker 2: I well, or later. Yeah, that's kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: They consider pre YouTube to be ancient history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean and gun Smoke was still on television when I was little. Yeah, syndication. No, it was still on television once a week. Oh, it was towards the end of it. I mean that started in the late fifties, that's right, So I'm talking early seventies. I think it went off the air in seventy four maybe right. It was syndicated for me, Yeah, and my father was My father loved that show, so I would have to sit through it and then the Lucy Show came on afterwards, and that's what I was waiting for, right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's certain classic TV shows that I watched primarily in reruns. But then it occurs to me like I was watching like the last couple of seasons in real time, like the Jeffersons, for instance, I was watching the last couple of seasons like first Run.
Speaker 2: All in the Family, the Jefferson's Maud, that was all, you know. I saw those as they were new. Yeah, but like things like I Dream of Genie that those were in syndication. Bewitched. Yes, I'm trying to think was Bewitched. I don't remember new episodes of Bewitched, so I think that was always syndication for me. But I remember All in the Family. I remember when Happy Days came on the air, and then Laverne and Shirley, and yeah, so never never cared about either that I did.
Speaker 3: I liked the idea of Lavernon Shirley, but I didn't care to watch it. I did, okay, and I liked that I and a lot of people did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no judgment, just didn't.
Speaker 3: I realized that Dream of Genie and Bewitched we're very much an integral part of my young queer awakening.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, especially Bewitched.
Speaker 3: Like to this day, I would love to be able to exit a room with a big flourish of my hands and then just disappear.
Speaker 2: I've seen you do that though I would disappear part got it? Fair? Fair enough? Funny? Yeah, so we were just that was a conversation. I just remember saying to my youngest child one day, I mentioned Barbara streisand and she looked at me with a blank stare and said, Barbara, who leave this house? Leave? Where did I go wrong? How is this possible?
Speaker 3: A person that we used to know didn't recognize share? And you said, I know you're straight, but you don't have to be rude about it.
Speaker 2: Please don't? Yeah, please, I mean, that's that's just not okay right at all? His choicing skills? Are you well? Suspect anyway?
Speaker 3: But all that to say, rest in peace, Judy Pace.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, but see that's.
Speaker 3: How influential she was because she prompted this entire conversation about fierce television back in the day, back.
Speaker 2: In the seventies. Yes, yes, that will be a bit of a team. Speaking of the nineteen seventies, now, Chas Bona got married, did he? Yes? He did? And what was described as a Hollywood glam wedding. I mean he married his partner. I want to say they've been together for like nine years, but they have known each other they met as teenage. They've known each other for forty years. Wow, Sharah Blue Okay.
Speaker 3: Sharah Blue mathis right?
Speaker 2: Is his new wife?
Speaker 3: I'm guessing Sherah Blue mathis Bono.
Speaker 2: Now I don't know, maybe, but yeah, they they have been in a relationship for nine years. They got married at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel on Sunday, March eighth, And there's a picture of them with cher, which is I think it's an older picture, but anyway, it's not. It's not from the wedding. It's what I mean. But I'm sure I'm was there, Okay, you know, I would be surprised if Share was not there.
Speaker 3: Right, Chez is h fully settled into his bear face.
Speaker 2: She was in attendance. According to People magazine, I've all read.
Speaker 3: That Chaz Bono is like primarily heterosexual.
Speaker 2: I think, so, yeah, can you be a bear of you're streak? I hmm, would that be the word? I don't know. I never so.
Speaker 3: I just you know, well he looks good, is my overall point?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yes, but yes, straight.
Speaker 3: My only frame of reference for a guy who I think is cute with the beard is bear, right, So do with that what you will. What is the straight counterpart of Bear?
Speaker 2: They are both fifty seven. I don't know, dad Bod maybe maybe anyway? Good for him? Yeah, big congratulations, congratulations. Maybe I have a wonderful and long life together. Yeah. I thought that was a way to kick off good news. Yes, because yeah, and something to celebrate.
Speaker 3: Someone let me know what the straight counterpart of bear is? Full circlethepod dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only thing I can think of is like that, because dad Bod is the thing I have heard the straight say. I guess I.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it actually couldn't be there because then women would choose it.
Speaker 2: Oh right, ah, gotcha, thank gotcha. I there is a meme I saw the other day that said, if you could choose to be gay, we'd have a hell of a lot more lesbians.
Speaker 3: For real though, yep, because what was the other one?
Speaker 2: Straight men?
Speaker 3: Or evidence that sexuality is.
Speaker 2: Not a choice? Not a choice? Yeah, yep, yep. All kinds of gems out there right in Memeland. So Zohan Mom Donnie uh huh announced first of all, a new office Mayor's Office of lgbt q I A plus affairs. So wait, Philly had one before New York apparently, wow, because it's not surprising. Actually, I believe he had to sign an executive order to create the office. Yeah, he's establishing the first ever Mayor's office of LGBTQAA plus affairs. I mean, we barely have on here. I'm hoping now that Tito, our friend Tito, was given the job, maybe we'll cease some activity out of that job. At you. We will a very long time. And the first director is a trans woman named Taylor Brown, and she will also be the first trans person to head a city agency.
Speaker 3: This is cool and she looks like she's a get shit done kind of person.
Speaker 2: She does, doesn't she? She said, New York has given me everything life saving healthcare, education, a home, a career, my chosen family, and a life of purpose. She added that she is so proud to be appointed as the inaugural director of the office. I will work every day to ensure that the doors of New York City remain open to all and to continue New York City's legacy as a beacon of opportunity and hope for those who have been ignored, discriminated against, and intentionally excluded work. Yeah. She has a long history of LGBTQ focused legal advocacy, She previously worked at the National LGBTQ Plus Task Force, lambed Illegal and the ACLU.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this comes with credentials.
Speaker 2: In addition, Yeah, she is an attorney. So in addition to her accolades as an attorney, the press release described her as a proud biracial, black, transgender woman who has survived violence related to her status, poverty, housing and stability, employment, and healthcare discrimination to become a trailblazing civil rights litigator and advocate. Oh wait, she black. There's some of that in there. I did not get that, that is what she said. I thought she was a LATINAE.
Speaker 3: Okay, work, Well, they that might be part of biracial.
Speaker 2: I don't know how often do you get that, Pappy, Pappy, I'm mad at you. How often frequently is there an assumption? You're right?
Speaker 3: I just found out that de Barge was black, like six months ago.
Speaker 2: So who am I really? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's interesting, El DeBarge, Chico de Barge. Look at the hair.
Speaker 2: I ain't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, I grew up without Google.
Speaker 2: I was just using my peepers and assumptions, hence Poppy exactly. So again, who am I? Who am me? I get it? I get it. Let's say, where are we going here? San Jose State University sued the Trump administration over anti trans threats, and they are refusing to capitulate. The Trump regime said San Jose State had to break state law to discriminate against trans students, but the university said it isn't budgeing good. San Jose State University in California has filed a scathing lawsuit against the Trump administration's Department of Education, rejecting the regime's attempts to use the crisis it manufactured over transgender athletes as a vessel for even more repressive and consequential anti LGBTQ crackdowns. I love the use of the word regime. Yeah, I hear you. San Jose State became a flashpoint of the rights obsession with trans use after a student athlete was auted on the national stage. They investigated San Jose State for supposed civil rights violations, arguing that the athlete's mere presence on the team in fringed on the rights of the other women and title nine, oh bitch, crazy, backward, and crazy. The resolution proposed by the Department's Office of Civil Rights. There's a string of words would have the university banned trans women from women's sports teams, bathrooms, locker rooms, and dorm rooms in violation of state law, strip trans women of their athletic medals and honors. Issue apology letters to any presumed cisgender woman. I'm serious. Yeah, you're listening to this, presumed yeah yeah. Issue apology letters to any presumed cisgender woman who competed with a trans athlete, and adopt the GOP's definition of sex in every aspect of campus life going forward. If they don't comply, they could lose federal funding. This strong arming bullshit man. Instead, they went on the offensive and their sewing and good yep. Federal agencies have cajoled countless institutions of higher education into some form of capitulation since the beginning of this Jackasses renewed term Penn Sadly, Brown, Northwestern, and other elite colleges have made bargains sacrificing anything from trans athletes to life saving care for trans youth to preserve their federal funding. Yep, anyway, appeasement doesn't work. This is according to a graduate student and president of the student led campus group trans Talk. The unapologetic lawsuit represents much needed support for trans students, especially at a time when other universities are bending the knee to Trump's anti transagenda. Appeasement doesn't work, they just come back for more correct so standing up now is really important. The lawsuit itself challenges Trump's anti trans threats on the grounds that it constitutes government overreach, that it violates the Administrative Procedure Act, and that it is downright unconstitutional. It attempts to retroactively punish the university over Trumpean policies it did not break, in part because the supposed violations predate the president's current term. Uh huh, crazy. This is all we have to worry about, right, This is it. This is all the show. Yeah, it is what's going on at every Yeah, is so insane.
Speaker 3: When this is all over, I'm picturing like a huge parade, kind of like in that one scene of Game of Thrones, where all the people that voted for this stuff and all the people that supported this stuff are going to get led through the streets ins and chains while people on the side scream shame, shame, shame, and spit and throw rotten shit at them, I mean, and then when they get home, they go and shave their head and make them stay in the house for six months. Like I think that's what should happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear you. Good for them, And you know what, And that was the thing that really pissed me off is that the University of Pennsylvania has quite an endowment these days, and they could have weathered the storm.
Speaker 3: One would think they could have lacking the courage of their convictions.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, yep. Anyway, they're not having it, and I love it. Yeah. Really. In a statement to the press, the California State University System, which oversees this one, made clear its commitment, which oversees SJSU, to standing up for its students. The federal government may not punish the CSU for conduct that complied with binding federal law and the government's own guidance at the time. Therefore, the CSU will not agree to accept the terms of the proposed resolution agreement. The CSU remains unwavering and its commitment to fostering and inclusive, respectral and safe environment for all students, faculty, and staff, including members of our LGBTQ plus community, and it's never been more important for clear and unambiguous action, right, you know, to come from states like California, a New Jersey and New York. You know that do not bend a knee that and will not write you know, because trans people are running out of places to go, which we'll get into that part. Yeah. Yeah, So the states where we're winding up need to step up or continue to step up past that. Anyway, A federal judge ruled that etna's blanket denial of facial surgery for transwomen FFS is sex discrimination. Okay, I love it. The landmark ruling could lead to broader FFS coverage in the future. The federal judge ruled that etna's categorical denial of facial feminization surgery for transgender women constitutes sex discrimination under the Affordable Care Act, and it does. The landmark ruling, handed down in the US District Court for the District of Connecticut, is believed to be the first federal court order requiring a major private insurer to make individualized coverage determinations for gender affirming facial surgery rather than automatically rejecting every claim as cosmetic good. That's why it's in good news. The case was brought by six transgender women who sought coverage for FFS to treat severe gender dysphoria, but were denied under etna's clinical policy bullet and zero six one five, which categorically excludes all gender affirming facial procedures from coverage. Though the preliminary injunction applies to only two of the six plaintiffs, the class action is pending, and the court's legal reasoning will serve as a powerful precedent for trans women denied this coverage nationwide. To be clear, the issue is not whether etna's policy exclusion prohibits this type of gender firming care, but rather that etna's policy exclusion prohibits only transgender individuals, the only individuals who can experience gender dysphoria exactly, from receiving this type of gender firming care. Thus, when ETNA decided that these procedures performed as a component of a gender transition were not medically necessary and cosmetic, they prohibited only trans individuals from seeking this metaal care and thus discriminated on the basis of sex. Here here, yep, yeah, good good. They're leaning on Bostock versus Clayton County, and you know good, we need to see more of this. Indeed, the article that I'm reading from, of course, is from Aaron in the Morning, so it does go on to talk about how critical this type of surgery is because it is. Yeah, yeah, it is so good news, very good news exactly.
Speaker 3: Governor Veto's bill that would have funded Charlie Kirk's Patilli anti LGBTQ plus organization.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, Turning Point USA has raked in millions, but a far right congressman wanted to give it even more.
Speaker 3: Arizona Governor Katie Hobbs, Democrat, vetoed a bill to create US specialty license plate.
Speaker 2: Honoring slain.
Speaker 3: MAGA influencer Charlie Kirk. Republican legislators are unlikely to override her veto as they only have six and four seat majorities in the House and Senate, respectively.
Speaker 2: Right, so they can override right. The bill would have donated seventeen dollars of the license plate's twenty five dollars price to Turning Point USA, Kirk's organization for Young conservatives, which pushes anti trans, anti immigrant stances and encourages students to harass and report left wing college professors. In her March sixth Veto letter, Hobbs wrote that the bill fell short of working towards solutions that bring people together. No, shoot, by inserting politics into a function of government that should remain nonpartisan. Hmm. Democratic legislators in Arizona said the bill would needlessly provide government assay stints to help fund a wealthy organization. Yeah, they raised eighty five million dollars in twenty twenty four and their political action committee Turning Point Action, which supports far right Republican candidates and registers conservative voters, raised over twenty seven million dollars that same year. Ow youw indeed anyway, SHP blocked it and good indeed. Yeah, they are at the forefront of the movement to promote Christian nationalism, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. Yeah, their hate group is a hate group. Yep, and good, so thank you. What's next?
Speaker 3: The moms who risked jail and deportation to fight for their trans kids is the headline yep from LGBTQ Nation.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I just felt like when I I look at my kid in the eyes, years from now, I can say I did everything that I could. So three mothers of trans kids were speaking out after they were arrested while protesting proposed Trump administration policies that would effectively end gender affirming care for miners at hospitals across the US. The proposed rules would block all federal funding through Medicare, Medicaid, and the Children's Health Insurance Program also known as CHIP for any hospital that provides gender affirming care to patients under the age of eighteen the sick fuck. The change would amount to a nationwide ban on gender affirming care for miners at hospitals that rely on federal Medicare and Medicaid funding.
Speaker 2: They're disgusting, truly.
Speaker 3: On February seventeenth, more than fifty activists, including parents and grandparents of transgender young people, gathered outside the Washington, d C. Headquarters of the US Department of Health and Human Services for a protest organized by the Gender liber Movement. The three moms were among twenty five demonstrators taken into custody by Department of Homeland Security agents. They were later handed over to the DC Metropolitan Police Department.
Speaker 2: Yeah MMM Gestapo.
Speaker 3: Larissa Godfrey Smith, a DC based therapist who works with trans kids and their families as well as trans adults, told the Nineteenth that she and her husband had considered the risk of her getting arrested and decided that participating in the protest was worth it work. Godfree Smith told the outlet they've seen firsthand. The told the Trump administration's anti transagenda is having on her clients. I'm so angry and so frustrated. I'm just so exhausted at the misinformation, they said.
Speaker 2: Word up.
Speaker 3: Godfree Smith said she and other protesters were held for twelve hours in a jail cell.
Speaker 2: With no running water. That's not acceptable. She says.
Speaker 3: They were fed once, had to be egg for water, and were unable to sleep. GLM co founder L. E. L. Cruz, who was also arrested, previously told them that many protesters were denied phone calls to attorneys and family members. This is actually illegal, Cruz said. The demonstrators were charged with unlawful entry even though none of them entered the HHS building.
Speaker 2: Twenty one states and Washington DC have sued HHS to block the proposed rules around Medicaid and Medicare, and for now, the administration's efforts to investigate hospitals use gender affirming care programs have been halted, but that has not stopped dozens of hospitals across the country from preemptively shutting down their programs. Mm hmm. Yeah, and we do know that that is happening late last months. Of course, we know New York Attorney General Letitia James' office ordered and Yulangone to reopen their program, citing state anti discrimination laws, but they have yet to publicly respond to the order of Panion as of this writing. Yeah, one of the moms said, I have seen firsthands that gender affirming care is life saving for teenagers. I really believe it saved my children's lives that you did. Agreed, so agreed, And you know it is just despicable the lies that they are telling about this right want to protect our pedophiles. Yeah, and you know, rob the Treasury of the United States blind. I know. I'm constantly yelling, like the moms are getting madder and madder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm constantly yelling on social media they are not doing surgeries on children. Stop believing the bullshit you hear exactly, you fucking sheep.
Speaker 2: Next, Sophia Bush, who is a queer actress, has earned praise for comments she made about white allyship at the NAACP Image Awards on February twenty eighth. I remember this, okay, art is always political, she said in an interview outside the event. As the white friend at the event, I'm gonna go ahead and say to the women who look like me, to the men who look like me, it's incredibly important to remember that so much of what we love in America comes from black culture. Yep. And white people need to show up for black people the way they show up to be entertained by black culture. Tell it so. Given who's in office, and given what we're seeing happen to black and brown communities in our country, we better get our shit together. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw that video when she said that, and I was like, you better say it girl.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, that's unambiguous and thank you pee needed to be said, needed to be said, and she said it. Yeah, that's all I thought. It bore repeating, right.
Speaker 3: Katie Coreic confronts Gavin Newsom on his shifting views on transgender youth.
Speaker 2: Someone's too fucking delicious. I've been waiting for somebody to say what in hell?
Speaker 3: The veteran journalists called the California governor out on the perception that he's retreating from his LGBTQ plus rights allyeship. It ain't the perception, it's the fucking reality.
Speaker 2: M hm. The exchange aimed a spotlight at a growing tension inside democratic politics, which is such bullshit about how to confront a wave of conservative attacks targeting trans Americans while navigating an increasingly polarized political environment. Right's right and wrong? As nobody you jerk offs that part. How about that? For decades, Democrats have positioned themselves as the party of inclusion, arguing that government should defend the equal rights of all people, including LGBTQ plus Americans. Republicans, meanwhile, have increasingly centered transgender issues and campaign messages and legislation, and they keep losing pay attention. Corek confronted Newsom with criticism from transgender advocates, who say his recent rhetoric risks reinforcing those dynamics. Here here, Bam, one of my followers who is trans, feels as if you're throwing trans people under the bus and that you see them as a political liability. Get them. Newsom rejected the claim. Of course he did. Of course he did, pointing to what he described as a long record supporting transgender rights in California. He's saying yet to the person who's promoted and signed more trans legislation than any elected official in this country, Newsom said. He emphasized, well, then, but you're talking out of both sides of your face, and the double speak is what I can't stand about. Slick Gavin Newsom right. Ugh. He emphasized personal connections as well. Oh God, here we go. I have a trans odd Sonny said, remarking that he signed what he described as some of the most progressive trans legislation just nine months ago. I have a black friend. Uh huh. He's frequently pointed to California's legislative record to defend those credentials. Since taking office in twenty nineteen, he has signed numerous measures expanding protections for LGBTQ plus residents, including laws easing the process for legal name and gender marker changes, requiring universities to provide LGBTQ specific suicide prevention resources, and strengthening privacy protections around gender affirming care. I let him in my house too, and California has also enacted policies designed to protect trans students and families seeking gender affirming treatment. Okay, uh huh, Yes, he has and He also reiterated a position that has drawn criticism, his belief that questions of competitive fairness arise when transgender athletes compete in certain sports. There is no fucking proof to this, right. It's based on lies, jackass. This is like his little nod to you know, the people who are creeped out by the trannees. He's like, I get it, yeah, I'll bet you do. I cannot back up an argument in favor in a competitive environment for sports, he said, referencing track competitions in California that he said sparked policy challenges. State officials, he added, have struggled to find a policy that satisfies all sides because you can't satisfy all sides. You've got the liars, and you got the people who just want to play right, you know. And trans athletes have been playing by rules that let level the playing field for years without incident, until the conservatives decided to make us an incident. We're still a distraction. It's still all based on lies. But he's like, but you know, they have a point there. There's not two sides to everything. No, there isn't, and I'm so sick of it. We just couldn't figure out how to make this fair. Really, how about you tell them to grow up and leave the foke alone. How about you do that? How about you point to the fact that these questions were asked and answered in each sport. I mean, if it was a sport where it wasn't asked and answered, then let's ask an answer it based on science and factsines, not ignorant loudmails. Right Jesus Christ. The debate he referenced has become increasingly heated in California, where a handful of transgender high school athletes have found themselves at the center of national political fights. Some teams competing under the state's inclusive policies have faced organized campaigns to bar them from competition, as well as lawsuits and protests backed by conservative groups, of course, seeking to overturn those policies. For the students themselves, the attention has been overwhelming and motivating. One California trans athlete told the La Times that continuing to compete feels like an act of resistance. If I stop doing sports, they won. Quirk noted that trans athletes are uncommon. These incidents are pretty rare, extremely rare, say the least, asking whether the topic is consuming disproportionate attention in national politics. It is, yeah. Uh. Newsom agreed that the number of athletes involved is small, but argued that the political consequences are significant if you make it a political n right. Never has more focus been attended to so few people, he said, we now criticizing conservative politicians for what he describes as scapegoating transgender Americans. That is exactly what's happening. So why don't you stop feeding it? You jerk off that part. It's disgraceful what these guys do and what they've done to the trans community, he added, pointing to legislation restricting gender firming care and other rights.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, don't say they like.
Speaker 2: It's not you two exactly, but you know, but you're doing that thing that what about ism? Well, you know, I'm with you up until this point, but this isn't fair. Where are we dominating in sports? Right? You have access to data if you want it. You have access to facts, sir, if you cared about facts instead of trying to lick everyone's dick o. The exchange comes amo a broader debate within democratic politics about how the party should talk about LGBTQ plus issues in a violatle political environment. Last August, a centrist Democrat consulting group advised candidates to avoid certain terms commonly used in LGBTQ plus advocacy, including lgbtqia and this gender, arguing that the language can soundating to come voters. Well, fuck them, fucking Christ, we are not going to have a country.
Speaker 3: If you're concerned about the fiefees of every single fucking individual, then just throw the whole thing away.
Speaker 2: Pay attention to the full throated politicians who are giving us full throaded support. They're primary out the Democrats who are middle of the road like this, they are they're getting primaried away. And mom, Donnie went from the bottom of the heap to the from the mayor of the biggest and he had gorgeous commercials talking about our history in New York City and how it had to be preserved and protected. It's not a winning strategy, people, You know, I and I'm actually a Facebook friend had made a comment about what did she say? I something about if the election were tomorrow, would be ours to lose, honest, But my faith in the unwavering dedication that Democrats have to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory remains strong. I am so sick of this unhelpful armchair quarterback narrative. What exactly is your solution then, right, you know, what is your Please to tell me, Please to tell me, because this has you know, it's a little bit more complicated than that, and I'm just so sick of that narrative. And we are seeing unambiguous progressives winning yep. So you know, and that that talk right now is just unhelpful. Thank you, period, It's unhelpful, and you know, it sickens me more. During the interview, the governor argued that acknowledging difficult policy debates does not undermine broader commitment to equality. That's the one area I disagree, he said, of competitive sports. But that's not throwing the community under the bus. It feels like it because it's all based on lies. There are ways for us to be And here's the thing. If you would shut the fuck up about the puberty blockers, right, uh, we never have a presumed advantage because people would go through the right puberty right to mention their gender. Like you know, I'm sorry, but it's like the argument is they want us dead, Gavin, that's the real fucking argument. You're picking up a piece of the ship that they're throwing and saying, well, this one looks kind of pretty though.
Speaker 3: It's got a nice little green streak, and it look at the way it catch on the light.
Speaker 2: My god. Yeah, like, I'm sorry, but you know it's And he gets on the podcast with the dude bros. And he can't help himself, right, he cannot help himself.
Speaker 3: He wants to be a cool kid. Yeah, that's the problem with these motherfuckers they have, right, they were never the cool kid growing up, so now they have a chance to like have access to people and they try to be one of them. Not realize how empty the cool kids were, right, slash are.
Speaker 2: The conversation also briefly touched on Newsom's public image. Quorik noted that critics sometimes describe the well dressed, quick talking politician as slick. I believe I did at least once yep, a label often used by opponents who argue that his political positions evolve with shifting public opinion yep. He brushed off the characterization, of course, you don't have to like me, or maybe you like a slick person. I don't know whatever. It's okay. There is nothing wrong with evolving a position because the facts warrant it, right, But yeah, voting in favor of us and then throwing us under a bus on this issue is not looking at Show me the data, Show me where this unfairness is taking place. Show me the sport where we're dominating. Please, right, that would justify you being such an asshole. Show us you know, well, I just got a feeling and that's all he's got, And that's all all of this is. As we lose our rights left, right and sideways, and you know, my people can't figure out where the fuck to live in this country, you know. But okay, Gavin, try talking out of both sides of your mouth. You won't be president Gavin that way.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Gavin Newsom gives me remember that, like it was a trope in television and movies for a while, Like you have. Like you're at the movie studio and all the people are sitting in the room trying to decide on a look or something and one person goes, I'm thinking like a green wall, and the assistant goes, oh, I love green. Green is my favorite color. Should go with green? The director goes, I hate green. I hate it too, Get it out of here. That's Gavin newsom.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mm hmmm. I'm picturing the song from Best Little Worehouse in Texas. Do a little side step. Yeah, that's what I'm picturing. Because he wants the boys to like him or something or something I don't know. Thank you, Katie, right, thank you. I appreciate it. I've actually got a little more good news. I like that. Another segment I'd like to introduce, and you know, some some juicy stuff. So why don't we take a break again. We will be right back. Okay, and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 2: So James tall Rico is the Democratic Senate Kennedy in Texas who did edge out Oh Jasmine Crockett, right, so not Jasmine Crockett. And he stands by his defense of trans youth and says, let's focus on the real problem. The only thing the media wants to ask me about are trans athletes, he said during a March night interview on ms NOW formerly known as MSNBC. He remarked that although he's had a lot of interviews with national media since winning the primary, he hasn't been asked about issues like the cost of housing and the cost of prescription drugs. The only thing the media wants to ask me about our trans athletes, he said, And this is part of the problem for sure. Uh huh. What I would say is that the only minority destroying this country is the billionaires. Good for you, Okay, thank you. Yeah, we are worried about the wrong one percent. Thank you. We better figure it out while we still have something left, thank you. Tall Rico added, the common right wing scapegoats, such as trans people and undocumented people each make up roughly one percent of the United States population. We are all focused on the wrong one percent. Oh there you go, yep. Trans people aren't taking away our healthcare, Undocumented people aren't defunding our schools. It's the billionaires and their puppet politicians. God bless this man, and so we need not only the media but all of us to focus on the real problem at hand. Good God. I hope Texas is smart this time around, but I have my doubts.
Speaker 3: Well, I actually think I might forgive him for beating mcgirl.
Speaker 2: I spent a lot of time listening to Mallya Ivans and her long suffering as a Texan. This isn't the first time l Rico has been outspoken in support of our community. In twenty twenty three, a TikTok video of him speaking out against a Republican bill attempting to require Texas public schools to display the Ten Commandments went viral. Oh that was him, Yes, quote, Why is having a rainbow in a classroom in doctrination and not having the Ten Commandments in a classroom? Well, he said every time on this committee that we try to teach students values like empathy and kindness. We're told we can't because that's the parent's role. But now you're putting religious commandments, literal commandments in our classroom, and you're saying that's the state's role. Why is that not the parent's role? Good question. Yes, I do. I do like him. I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm starting to like him too. In a few weeks, I'll completely possibly have forgiven him.
Speaker 2: Following Trump's reelection, multiple Democratic members of Congress, like New York Rep. Tom Swosey and Massachusetts Rep. Seth Moulton, claimed that in order to rebuild political power, their party must become more conservative on trans issues. As Swosey put it, stop pandering to the far left fuck you by supporting basic trans rights, particularly trans inclusive school sports. More recently, a wave of new Democratic candidates have refused to throw trans people under the bus thank you people, in hopes of scoring points with voters. Last year, New York City mayor Johan mom Donnie pledged to spend sixty five million dollars on trans healthcare as part of his mayoral campaign any One, Yep Yeah. During an appearance on Slate's Sex and Money podcast earlier this week, Maine Democratic Senate candidate Graham Platner argued that Republican attacks on trans rights are an invented culture war scare meant to sow division in his home state. Exactly. I think there are like two trans kids that compete in high school sports in Maine, in all of Maine. In all of Maine, there are forty thousand maners who are going to lose healthcare because of the lack of the Affordable Care Act extension. One of those things seems very important and real to me. One of them seems like an invented culture war scare to keep people divided. A fucking men, Well, thank you, tell Rico. This is I just want clarity unambiguous. You know, trans people were not hurting you before. Nope, And there is no reason to throw us under this bus that the fucking conservatives created in the first goddamn place. Right, this is the part I can't stand. And every time I do get a microphone, I mention it as you should. Yeah. The people that bother me the most, the most are the ones who say they're my ally, except they kind of got a point. W No they don't, No, they don't. And they'll take that as a win, every little bit of my human rights that you're willing to erode, because well that kind of makes sense. Uh huh. Yeah, that's a win in their column, and it gets you what nothing exactly. Once again, the European Union provides a road map of hope. Right. The EU Court ruled trans citizens must receive IDs reflecting their lived gender. Must must The European Court of Justice ruled that a U member states must allow transgender citizens to update official identification docum to reflect their lived gender. Yeah, that's that's that's basically it truly that like, that's that's the crux of it. Good, this shouldn't be a question. That's how it is. In New Jersey. Right, cal You know, California has made it easier. Pennsylvania's working on it. This shouldn't be a problem. It really shouldn't. But you know, they they they want us degrade it onto death, so of course they keep making issues the European Union, however, Right says, yeah, must reflecting our lived gender. Good on them. Yeah, So I had a few articles. I just wasn't sure where to put them right because they I can't call them good news. I can't really call them nonsense. So what I do call them is water as well. So I think that might become a new segment depending on what's out there. But you'll see where I'm going with the first one. This from Playboy magazine. I'm serious, trans porn is booming. Yeah, trans writes are fading. We asked trans models and creators about the complicated link between desire and politics. This from the March fifth issue. There's a particular kind of cognitive dissonance involved while being trans and visible online. In twenty twenty six, Trans content creators have become more visible online in recent years, though brand deals have steadily dropped off for transcreators since twenty twenty three. Spicy creators are seeing a boon. According to porn Hub's twenty twenty five Year in Review, transgender porn was the second most viewed category of the year, up five spots from the previous year.
Speaker 3: Yead damn wait's number one.
Speaker 2: For some trans content creators, this isn't really a surprise. Trans people are hot and have always been desired. The political noise around their existence, they say, is just manufactured bullshit, which is true. Yep. I just love that this is you know, in Playboy magazine. Nothing the political climate is or does will affect that people will find me attractive, and whether I'm trans or not doesn't have a ton to do with people's attractions, said Bloody, a content creator who operates both in the safer work gaming space and on the spicier, paywalled side of OnlyFans. For her, experiencing desire online is both gender affirming and simply hot. So you know, a lot of these creators are hiring other trans people to make their content. They've got online communities where they are raising money for causes. It's not all just porn, right, you know, porn with a purpose. But we've been seeing the numbers. I thought this had a chart to it. It doesn't, but you know you can imagine the chart the red or of the state, the harsher the laws, the more they love their transport.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I found out with the number one spot was what and tie? Really huh that's the coming cartoons, right, Yeah, yes, that's how they thought. Yeah. So I just I loved that the article was in Playboy because it does, you know, speak unambiguously about you know, the bullshit that we're facing, right, and it also talks, you know to the content creators themselves, so you know, it is a profile as they are wont to do. And again it just made you know, big mainstream article transport is booming water. That's right. The next one. Again, I stuck in this category because predictable, so fucking predictable trans healthcare band forces cis special needs child to flee the state to obtain critical harmon care. Uh huh. Yeah. It turns out gender firming care bands hurt SIS kids too.
Speaker 3: They're literally fucking it up for everyone.
Speaker 2: H This is about a Texas family and their struggle to obtain medical care for their special needs child. It is exemplifying the way anti translaws can hurt everybody, not just those who identify as something other than the sex assigned at birth. This person, who has lived in Apasso their whole lives, being forced to move to New Mexico because her seven year old daughter, Freya can more easily receive the puberty blockers she needs to treat the syndrome she has, which is a genetic disorder that is caused her to enter precocious puberty.
Speaker 3: Which is what puberty blockers were is originally designed for.
Speaker 2: Right, But you know in Texas you can't get them, can't get them, and because if they only if they I believe where they do it, and they only affect trans kids, but they make them available, that is discriminatory. Right, So then when they said, well nobody can get them.
Speaker 3: At least they're not being discriminatory.
Speaker 2: Now you're sending little girls into puberty at eight years old. Are you proud of yourselves?
Speaker 3: You went from being discriminatory to being tyrannical.
Speaker 2: That's not better. Her daughter's pediatric endocrinologist, the only person providing youth hormone care and olive El Paso stopped prescribing puberty blockers after being sued by anti trans Attorney General Ken Paxton that motherfucker for allegedly violating the state's gender affirming care ban Uh huh. The doctor handed an injunction banning him from prescribing the blockers to transuth or from providing false diagnoses such as precocious puberty, so that his parents could continue their care. The situation resulted in him stopping prescribing puberty blockers altogether, which is what they want, you know, and they and they expect that. Ken Paxton, this is I want there to be a hell just so, Greg Abbott and Ken Paxton, I don't know, are butt fucked by a building for all of eternity dry? Like I just I you know, how do how do you pay for pure evil, pure fucking evil?
Speaker 3: Not a building, and not even one of those skinny cylindrical buildings either, No, a.
Speaker 2: Big squatty one and there'd still be an echo. Oh shit. Case against the doctor was ultimately dismissed, but the parent still does not even know if he has resumed prescribing pubity blockers or not. She had already left his care due to the long wait times at his office, spurred by the lack of pediatric endocrinologists in the area. Yeah, well, why would you work there. You don't have any work anymore. And this is an attorney general, not a doctor, telling doctors they can't doctor, right, which is what's been going on. I mean, you know, we're beating a dead horse here, but anyway, that's why this is water is wet. I think the passage, as well as the enforcement of the gender affirm and Caravan, is likely making it harder to attract pediatric endocrinologists to the region. Of course, his attorney told the Tribune, We've made a lot of headway and improvement attracting more specialists and more doctors, but there's a long way to go. Who's going to practice in Texas? You know, the parents said, I love Texas, but right now it doesn't feel like they love us back. When you have a child with special needs, gray areas are not your friend because your entire life is a gray area. Having something I can rely on is extremely paramount to her care. And if her doctors are too scared to do their job, what the heck am I supposed to do? The lack of pediatric endochronologists in the area has also resulted in Freya's struggling to obtain another critical medication that helps control her overactive appetite caused by her disorder. Without the medication in sivery, the consequences can be incredibly deadly, causing issues with Freya's kidneys. We can't get the care she needs because all the end of chronologists are scared to do their jobs. This is the you know, the environment that these jackals have created. Yeah, to what end? You know, you gotta see it and look at it and go why why? Good question? But yeah, I mean more and more SIS people are going to pay the price to there, because pediatric endochronologists don't just treat trans kids, right, But you know it's like why would you set up in Texas and why would you stay in Texas if they're working against you? Right like that? So you're going to see more and more of that. We're already seeing it with these stupid bathroom bands. And you know, people get it wrong all the time because they think they know what they're looking at and they don't, and they're harassing SIS people. Yeah, all the time it's happening.
Speaker 3: All you had to do was just mind you're fucking this.
Speaker 2: You were bolding the ignorant here And to what end? We and one more, one more A story about CIS men getting breast reduction went viral, with everyone making the same point. An article about SIS men getting breast reduction surgery. Anti transpundents have continually raised their voices against gender affirming treatments, despite the fact that studies have shown that their scant evidence reporting that trans people regret their gender identity care or gender affirming care, including top surgery. In fact, top surgery has been found to dramatically improve the lives of trans people according to his study, and even heterosexual men are undergoing the procedure to improve their mental well being. An article published by The New York Post had shared the experience of CIS men had breast reduction surgery essentially in a bid to feel their best. It changed my life. Brian Lewis Gonzalez, who underwent the surgery, told the publication, I had to get used to walking with my chest out and having confidence before I felt like I was carrying around a big bag of rocks. That's what my guynomastia was like. It is an increase in the amount of breast gland tissues in boys or men. It impacts half of all men at some point in their lives. Right, yeah. Yeah. Since twenty twenty, there has been a steep increase in men going ahead with this what is it gender affirming surgery? Yep. Yeah. And by the way, the vast, vast majority of any surgeries done on miners this exactly this yeah yeah on CIS boys. But on social media everyone is having the same reaction, pointing out that the surgery is literally the same as gender affirming top surgery, the exact procedure, so many right wingers oppose. One person reposted the article captioning it simply or firming top surgery. Yeah. The New York Post had posted, you know, meet them in getting breast reductions. It is now the most popular plastic surgery among guys in the United States. Another reader referenced the barriers trans people face and accessing the procedure, writing, I think we need to have long interviews where these guys have to explain that they are actually guys and have two psychologists agree to it, right, because we wouldn't want them doing anything irreversible they might regret, right, exactly. Did we check if they're autistic, because this is the kind of shit trans people get put through.
Speaker 3: All check if they're autistic?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a thing. Yeah. Anyway. Someone else parodied a common anti trans dog whistle, writing, so sad they were groomed into mutilating their bodies. I love my people, but when transmen do it, suddenly it's a big problem, another reader wrote, while someone else commented, Oh, so when CIS men are getting their breasts removed, it's just popular surgery among guys. But when transmen do it, it's suddenly a big problem. I love all the people that are you know, spoke up about the article. It's fun. Yeah. The comments rightly call out the hypocrisy of those opposed to gender firm and care, which has shown time and time again to have incredibly low regret rates. Uh huh, because why would it anyway? One more example of water is well you get it. Yes, moving on, It is time for the segment we like to call people taking pleasure. Yeah, I love this first one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Athlete mocked for saying she's traumatized from rooming with someone she later found out was trans.
Speaker 2: Exactly after the fact, after the fact, she's traumatized in the past. Retroactive, Yes, a retroactive trauma.
Speaker 3: Former San Jose State University remember right, volleyball player Brooks. Slusser is being mocked what a Slusser on social media for a video in which she discusses the apparent trauma she endured from being friends and roommates with a teammate who she didn't know was transgender. Slusser has been embroiled in legal drama for years over the alleged transgender teammate, whom she called to be kicked off the team. Slusser has also made several appearances on Fox News Shaker, during which she misgendered her teammate.
Speaker 2: She wants to be Riley Games I guess retroactor.
Speaker 3: Losing is the new winning, apparently. In a recent Fox Digital interview, Slusser spoke about sharing a bed with the other student at some point and how uncomfortable it was to later discover she had done so.
Speaker 2: Quote with a man native exactly.
Speaker 3: This is just absolutely absurd. It's hard to process. I don't even know if I can say I fully processed it to this day. Good God, she said, despite the fact that nothing had actually occurred during their interaction and gone. She claims she was quote lied to and would have changed everything about her actions in the apartment if she had known that she was living with a man.
Speaker 2: Has thought, I bet they do this. Bitch is mad because she became friends with a trans woman. Nothing bad happened, they were good friends. She just found out she was trans and is now going on this disgusting grifter culture war bullshit, absolutely soulless, and I hope your God punishes you that part.
Speaker 3: All of that.
Speaker 2: Literally, nothing bad happened to her. The trans woman was her friend and is now being vilified for doing nothing. Yep, literally nothing happened to her. She had a positive experience, didn't even know one of her three flatmates was trans. Blames the counselor who suggested living there as one of the options for a good reason. The griffs are just getting worse and worse. Uh huh, it keeps going. So what I'm hearing here is they can't, in fact, always tell when someone is trans, and somehow that is also our fault. Uh huh Yeah. Really harrowing stuff. Wow, hard to believe she survived that Brooke found out one of her housemates was trans, despite not knowing and their friendship being no different than any other woman chatting, watching films, et cetera. Somehow this is damaging to her, so she's on the transphobe grift.
Speaker 3: You know what it's giving. It's giving soccer players who like they'll have literally no one around them, and they'll hit the ground and grab their ankle and scream and cry, my neck, my back, my neck in my back.
Speaker 2: That's what this sounds like. Uh huh. Anyone saying she didn't consent to this needs to understand that you people are not entitled to any information regarding anyone else's transness. It's simply none of your business. It never was, it never would have been right. You shared an apartment with someone who was only ever kind to you and had a good experience, but you changed your mind only because you learned she was trans. This is bigotry and I have zero sympathy. I have less than that. It goes on and on, and I love it. She is being openly mocked on Twitter x ex Twitter that, and I think it's fun. Fuck that bitch, as I fucked that bitch. What's next?
Speaker 3: Epstein's accountant just connected the scandal to Trump and the DOJ is screwed.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. T He like the headline right.
Speaker 3: This is from Queerity after sloppily removing a series of files related to a Trump accuser who was also an Epstein victim. The DOJ is trying its best to pretend that nothing's going on, but Epstein's accountant has another story to tell, and it's pretty damning for everyone involved.
Speaker 2: Which is a lot of people.
Speaker 3: As it turns out, when they say follow the money, they're not usually talking about the personal accountants of the rich and famous. But in the case of Epstein and his notorious relationships to all kinds of powerful people, one figure could be the key to the whole operation. Richard Khan, who was recently deposed as part of the broader Epstein investigation, and what he had to say was quite interesting to those of us who have been trying to pin down a timeline in regard to Trump's involvement in the case. According to Khan, at least one Trump accuser has received a payout from the part of Epstein's estate reserved for survivors.
Speaker 2: How about that? Virginia Rep.
Speaker 3: Suhas Subrahmanyam, who attended Khan's deposition, tweeted out the bombshell earlier this week, along with a list of names of high powered individuals who allegedly funded certain of Epstein's crimes. While we don't know yet which Trump accuser received the payout, the timeline could potentially match up with what we know about the victim who's been making the headlines recently. The same woman who came forward about being introduced to Trump by Epstein between nineteen eighty three and eighty five, when she was between thirteen and fifteen, received a large settlement from the Epstein estates sometime in twenty twenty one. And of course, nothing screams cover up like the DOJ mysteriously omitting the files related to this accuser and then re uploading them and then removing them again. And somehow there's an even weirder, gayer twist to all this. According to Epstein Transparency Act Oversight Leader Representative Robert Garcia, Kahn also helped facilitate a sham marriage between two women in the Epstein regime. Jeffrey Epstein's massive sex trafficking ring would not have been possible without the consistent payments and services of his long time accountant, Richard Kahan, Garcia wrote in a statement after the deposition yesterday. While Khan claims he was not aware of Epstein's crimes, he clearly knows the jig is up for him and he's not holding back. But even if he continues to connect the dots between Trump, Epstein and the sex trafficking ring the two allegedly benefited from, that still doesn't mean we're closer to seeing justice done.
Speaker 2: As usual.
Speaker 3: Trump and his DOJ goons are committed to denying every bombshell allegation stemming from the reopening of the case. But between Cohn's loose lips and the cadaver dogs heading out to Epstein's Zorro ranch and beyond, we might be inching toward a place where denial is no longer possible in the face of cold, hard evidence.
Speaker 2: Roosting. Okay, cluck, motherfucker, mm hmmm, oh oh, oh, this was fun. A man who said Trump should kill all trans people has been sentenced for anti trans crime. A Seattle man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for a violent hate crime attack against a transgender woman in the city's university district. He was convicted on Friday, the thirteenth of March of his second degree assault and committing a hate crime for attacking a transwoman. She encountered him in several other men while walking to a Seattle Mariner's opening day game. This dude shouted insults and called her a drag queen before punching her in the mouth when she attempted to record the harassment. Witnesses said multiple attackers then punched and kicked her while shouting anti transslurs goddamn. Yeah. She suffered broken teeth, facial injuries, and a brain bleed before escaping to a restaurant for help. Yeah. Juris determined, though, that the assault met Washington State's legal definition of a hate crime, concluding she was targeted because of her gender identity. I mean she was, Absolutely she was. But too often we see these you know them kind of get away or something. Dutas, on his way to prison, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy word yeah and apparently say. During sentencing in King County Superior Court, prosecutors also referenced a recorded jail call in which Carlo his name is said, if I didn't hate trans people before, I do now absolutely. I think that Donald Trump should kill them all, get them out of here. They're weird. Uh huh. This was not the only case tied to this jackass. In twenty twenty four, he punched a transgender fair ambassador working for Sound Transit after being asked to verify his fare at a station. A jury convicted him a fourth degree assault in that case, but did not reach a verdict on a hate crime charge. So this is his come up because he learned nothing. Then he appeared largely remorseless during sentencing proceedings as the judge imposed an eighty four month prison term for the attack. Good, good, yep, So he learned nothing from the last time. So here we go again.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think any man with a head that small in a neck that big is capable of learning.
Speaker 2: You're probably right. He looks like a butt pluck.
Speaker 3: One of them novelty ones that you look at and go, what am I supposed to do with that?
Speaker 2: Use it as a doorstop? Right that? So? Nearly thirty judges on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals have formally reprimanded a Trump appointed colleague who wrote that a transgender discrimination case was quote about swinging dick. Yes, I shit you not. Judge Lawrence Van Dyke wrote the lead descent in Olympus Spa v. Armstrong last week, in which the Christian owners of a Korean nude SPA in Washington State sought to overturn a twenty twenty five panel ruling that ordered the SPA to admit trans women. The full Ninth Circuit declined to rehear the case last Thursday, leaving in place the panel's ruling that Washington's non discrimination laws prohibit the SPA from admitting only cis gender women. In his descent, which largely argued that the state had violated the Olympus owner's religious liberties. God, I'm so tired of this, Van Dyke opined that this is a case about swinging dix. Van Dyke, apported by President Donald Trump in twenty twenty, rallied against quote woke regulators and complicit judges and claimed that this women were visually assaulted by the presence of trans women without bottom surgery in the SPA. The judge who repeatedly misgendered the trans woman who filed the initial complaint against Olympus SPAS policy in twenty twenty called her a man who identifies as female and accusing her of waging a campaign to compel the admission of men at Olympus. I coarsely but respectfully dissent from our Court's willingness to leave this travesty in place, he concluded in response, this is the good part. Twenty seven of the Ninth Circuit's fifty one judges signed their names to another opinion rebuking Vandyke's vulgar barroom talk, written by Judge m Margare McEwen, who also penned last year's majority opinion. That language makes us sound like juveniles, not judges, and it undermines public trust in the courts, she wrote, adding that Van Dyke's opinion ignores ordinary principles of dignity and civility and demeans this court. In a separate, longer rebuttal joined by six other judges, McEwen also wrote that the dissent quote serves at most to distract from what this case is about. Regarding the dissenting opinion of Judge van Dyke, we are better than this, another statement from Judges John Owens and Daniel forrest Read. A spokesperson for the Ninth Circuit, said that the court does not comment on opinions. In response to Reuter's request last week, Yeah the owners, of course, are represented by the Pacific Justice Institute Group. As far as the Southern Powery Law Center, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Not the first time this jackass has courted the spotlight from the bench. He's an asshole. He's an asshole, and his fellow judges called him out publicly and in writing. I doubt that he cares right.
Speaker 3: But God help me, I'm sitting here and all I can think about is I think he's just mad that his dick wouldn't swing if he was in a hula contest at noon in July.
Speaker 2: There you go, and that could have everything to do with it.
Speaker 3: At best, he can get a brisk jiggle.
Speaker 2: They are so much more fascinating. A brisk jiggle, A brisk jiggle, there we go. I like to see decency and decorum upheld in the court system. Me too, And I like to see these jackasses taken to ask publicly. Indeed, you're still having fun over a brisk jiggle A wow, because now that's a mental limit. But you have to really watch it closely because nothing's moving.
Speaker 3: No, it is look closer.
Speaker 2: Like jello wiggle.
Speaker 3: It's more like a mushroom popping up out of the grass at dawn.
Speaker 2: The nervous mushroom sir, your mushroom.
Speaker 5: Looks upset, titles shaking.
Speaker 2: Oh my, oh shit, oh this has been your moment of people taking pleasure main o mine.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that, even though I'm the one that did.
Speaker 2: It, you are actually yeah, yeah, oh shit, mm hmmm. That brought me joy the story itself and right, yes, of course the rest of it was fun too. I have a fifteen minute fave this week? Do you? I do? I want to have a I want a fifteen minute fae because it's been in my head and I've been singing it like for two weeks. Fine, I'll put mine away, or maybe three weeks. It's been a while because there's a I want to say, is it an Infinity commercial that has like a clip of this song in it? And then it put the whole song in my head and I had you singing it too.
Speaker 3: So there, all right, hold on, let's do it, right. Do you have a fifteen minute phase?
Speaker 2: Yes, As a matter of fact, I do. What is it? This song came out when I was I had just turned thirteen. From nineteen seventy nine Rupert Holmes Escape the Pina Colada song.
Speaker 3: So we're going to go out to the break with escape.
Speaker 2: And we'll be right there. I was tired of my lady.
Speaker 4: We've been together too long, like a worn out recording, bove a favorite song.
Speaker 2: So was she lay there asleeping.
Speaker 4: I read the paper in bed, and in the personal columns it was this.
Speaker 2: Letter I read.
Speaker 3: If you like king to conant us getting.
Speaker 2: Caught in the rain, if you're not into your.
Speaker 3: God, if you have half.
Speaker 1: A brain, bid, if you like making love and the night in the tunes on the cake, I'm a love that you've looked.
Speaker 2: Falk right to.
Speaker 6: Me and esay and we are back.
Speaker 2: We're back. I remember that song being all over the radio. Ah, I was thirteen. It's fun. It tells a whole story. It's a fun song. It's kind of cute. Yeah, it's always been a fun song, part of the zeitgeist for a long time. Anyway, it's been in my head, so now it can be in theirs. It is sadly time for the cavalcade of nonsense. Fine, I'm gonna go as fast as I possibly can, But you know, I think we need to talk about some of this. The Fourth Circuit rules that states can compel trans adults to appreciate their sex same quotes via care bands. I'm sorry what you heard me. They ruled that states encouraging citizens to appreciate their sex through care bands is a constitutional goal, affirming West Virginia's Medicaid ban for trans adults. On Tuesday, an all Republican and mostly Trump appointed panel of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that states can exclude gender affirming surgery from Medicaid coverage, allowing West Virginia's exclusion to return to full effect. In doing so, the panel extended the Supreme Court's decision in Scurmetti, which held that transgender youth care bans were constitutional to transgender adults, the first federal appeers court in the country to do so, and directly states that adult care bans are legal. Okay, First, there is a group of jackals, obviously, yeah, and they you know. Perhaps even more troubling, the judges declared that transgender adult care was dangerous. No, it's not, and that it is rational for a state to restrict access to such care in order to encourage citizens to appreciate their sex. I want to take away these jagoffs viagra. Well that I'll bet I could find a lot of women who believe that shit's dangerous for you know, the ruling effectively reversed a previous Enbank decision by the same circuit and established precedent for a wave of new laws targeting transgender adults. Just weeks after, Heritage Foundation president Kevin Roberts declared on a podcast that the solution to transgender adult care was to outlaw it. Wow. Yeah, it is not irrational. Yes, it is for a ledge to forego Medicaid coverage of arguably ineffective and dangerous procedures, which is a fucking out and outlying And how would they know they're very effective and they're not dangerous and allocate its limited resources to covering other treatments like your viagra? I imagine. What's more, states may legitimately recognize and celebrate the inherent differences between men and women. Wow, it is not irrational for a legislature to encourage citizens to appreciate their sex and not become disdainful of their sex by refusing to fund experimental procedures. Lies, lies, and more lies. And these are judges lying. So you know, our court system right where you have judges appointed by Trump means absolutely fucking nothing. Yep, absolutely fucking nothing. The precedent in this decision can be weaponized far beyond medicaid. A lot of implications here, its lies and more lies.
Speaker 3: Iowa bans cities and towns from protecting transgender citizens' civil rights. A year after Iowa stripped gender identity from its civil rights code, Kim Reynolds signed a law barring cities and counties from restoring protections for trans residents. Iowa Governor Kim Reynold's, a Republican, signed a new law prohibiting local governments from protecting transgender Iowan civil rights. The law comes a year after Iowa became the first state in the country to roll back its civil rights code by removing gender identity from protected classes. Several progressive jurisdictions like Des Moines and Iowa City, where we have listeners, still detected trans Iowans.
Speaker 2: And local ordinances rights they did.
Speaker 3: But that concerned the Republican controlled legislature enough to pass legislation pre empting local rules. We just believed that locals should follow the same laws, especially when it comes to civil rights, Reynolds said in a press conference. According to Iowa Public Radio News.
Speaker 2: We want to fuck those traneees over in the cities too.
Speaker 3: Right, otherwise, we have a mismatch of rights out there, and we felt that it was the right thing to do. But the move upset local elected officials, who said Iowa entered treacherous legal territory by prohibiting officials from protecting a class.
Speaker 2: Of people yep.
Speaker 3: Laura Burgess, an Iowa City council member, said that her city passed a resolution last year in response to the state's civil rights rollback.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Local officials were resolved to.
Speaker 3: Reinforce the fact that we had that authority and to make sure that our residents knew that discrimination on the basis of gender identity specifically was still prohibited in Iowa City. She called the new law signed by Reynolds extreme overreach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what it is, period. And you know, they want to make sure that we don't have rights anywhere in Iowa. Isn't that sweet and special? No, quickly as possible, Trump just rolled out a cruel anti trans prison policy that doctors are calling dangerous. A new Bureau of Prisons move requiring that transgender inmates be tapered off their hormones could bring serious health consequences. Physicians and advocates are warning the Trump administration has ordered federal prisons to begin tapering hormone therapy for incarcerated transgender people. Physicians said that it could inflict immediate psychological distress and long term medical harm on a vulnerable population. You bet your asset could. But they want us dead. That's the They will just as soon see us dead. The guidance, which was issued on February nineteenth by the Federal Bureau of Prisons, outlines how the prison system will treat incarcerated people diagnosed with gender dysphoria. It bars the agency from initiating hormone therapy for inmates who were not already receiving it, and instructs clinicians to develop tapering plans that could ultimately discontinue treatment for prisoners who currently rely on hormones as part of their medical care. Yeah, it reads less like clinical guidance than a political decision overriding established medical practice.
Speaker 3: I believe this violates the Eighth Amendment. Isn't that cruel and unusual punishment?
Speaker 2: I think so. Yeah, they're saying a form of evidence based care will no longer be provided to people under the purview of the Bureau of Prisons. Yeah so, said doctor cross Street, a Boston primary care physician and one of the country's leading researchers on transgender health. Quote. That means the policy runs counter to best practices and arguably probably the law in terms of providing care to inmates, because it's setting up a different standard for them versus the standard out of the community. Yeah, Cruelty is the point here. Yep. Cruelty is absolutely the point. And you know, watch for the uptick of suicides in prison. Yep. If you know this holds, it collides with one of medicine's oldest principles. One of the main tenants in medical ethics is non malfeasance, do no harm yep. And this is going to have direct harm on people. But they don't see us as people. And this is what happens when we don't see people as people. Should we talk about medical experiments in prison and when those things happened, Yeah, this is that in a different form.
Speaker 3: I mean that three fifths rule was just to justify the cruel treatment of enslaved people. Don't see people as human and you can justify the things you do to.
Speaker 2: Them, right, right, Yeah, this is so much like that, and cruelty is exactly and only the point. Yeah. So a new NHS England review this is important, excludes ninety seven percent of all trans studies in order to say that our healthcare doesn't work. How about it. It's led to a ban for HRT through the NHS England system under the age of eighteen. Yeah, they published ten evidence reviews purporting to show that the quality of evidence for hormone therapy for transgender use is low. The reviews were released alongside an announcement that the healthcare system would be banning new hormone prescriptions for transgender use under the age of eighteen, but upon closer examination, the evidence reviews appear to be an extreme example of politically manufactured science, similar to other reviews that have come out of the UK in recent months to provide political justification for banning gender affirming care. Across the ten reviews, five and four, forty seven full text screenings resulted in just seventeen studies, included a staggering ninety seven percent exclusion rate. The reviews used exclusion criteria designed to guarantee that result discarded some of the most significant transgender care studies published in the last decade for nonsensical reasons, and then reached what appears to be a predetermined conclusion that there is insufficient evidence that hormone therapy for trans youth works because we got rid of all the evidence. And of course they're also hiding the suicides. You know, they're hiding the death rate. They're just lying. They're lying, they're killing us, and they're lying about it. Is that's what is going on, you know. Again, it's it's just chilling over there as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, yeah, so that happened. There is a very detailed article that Aaron Reid put out that really gets into the nuts and bolts of this whole thing. But you know, liar's gonna lie and affect the lives of real people. Yep. And lives will be lost by this, and it's irresponsible and it's awful, evil, evil evil. So this is a bit of an update because you had asked me during our last show, what about people who never changed their name right or gender markin? Now? Yeah, okay, so I still might be right. This article, okay, is about a woman who never changed her gender marker and Kansas invalidated her license. Anyway, let's read this. A trans Kansas resident recently changed her name. See she's still changed her name though.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so that's what put on.
Speaker 2: There was a name change. That was what right, if you've not done anything, he didn't get you didn't get a letter. But she hadn't even changed a gender marker. She just changed her name.
Speaker 3: But that pinged because she was.
Speaker 2: Fearing what they might do if she did, and they still flagged her id. God damn it. Andrea Ellis of Wellington, Kansas was one of many trans Kansas who opened her mail on February twenty fifth to learn that in less than twenty four hours, her driver's license would be invalid. The letter issued by the Kansas Department of Revenue informed her that because how substitute for Senate Bill two for four requires Kansas issued driver's licenses and identification cards to reflect the credential holders sex at birth, her current license would become invalid immediately, even though it does right. She had been following the news closely, she never expected the state to send her a letter invalidating her license. That's because she had never changed her sex marker on her license in the first place. Yep. She last updated her driver's license on January seventh, of twenty twenty six, after completing a legal name change in December of twenty twenty five. Fearing her license would be revoked if she updated her sex marker, she deliberately held off on doing so, and they got her any way. Man, this is really sloppy. You know, we're hearing all kinds of stories. The DMV doesn't know what to do with half of this. Some of them issued temporary licenses to replace the ones that were revoked without making any change to anything, because they don't even know what they're doing, right, None of this makes sense. It was done in the dark of night, as quickly as possible, with as little input as possible, right, Yeah, because that's how they do this shit, because if they did everything in the light of day and above board.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't go through, right, or at least not without pushback.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, of course. Yeah. The Kansas Attorney General did give until March twenty six, so I guess they have nine more days before they enforced the penalties, which can include jail time and huge fines the fuck out of here. Yeah, yeah, trans people are fleeing Kansas as quickly as they possibly can. Yeah, yeah, we're talking about I keep reading thousands of letters, but this effects about seventeen hundred transfolk in Kansas. I think that's all there were, you know, but that's how many were affected anyway, something like seventeen to eighteen hundred. So yeah, but a lot of them are, you know. And I've seen some of the posts of people saying I'm getting the hell out fast as I can, I'm moving and some have already packed up. Again.
Speaker 3: We have uh, we have listeners in Kansas as well. Full Circle topod dot com US know how you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And of course, Indiana's anti trans attorney general is also preparing to revoke trans people's documents. How about that, Indiana A. G. Todd Rokita has been compiling a list of his states trans people, Following in Kansas's footsteps. He's quietly laying the groundwork to declare that their IDs falsified records. How disgusting, How disgusting these people are, how awful? How can they live with themselves? Well, Charles, come on, this is the same fucking rednecks. I hate people. It's it's it's the same prejudice, just differently pointed.
Speaker 3: I mean that's still asked the question, how can he live with themselves?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. Yeah, up until this point, no state had done this. Kansas did it. This cannot be legal, and yet now Indiana's trying to follows suit as fast as they can. How disgusting. So Marcia's is a newer queer friendly at least bar on South Street named after Marsha P. Johnson. Yes, so yeah, So.
Speaker 3: Marsha's owner says her bar was inspected on a busy weekend night as a result of unfounded reports of underage drinking.
Speaker 2: Well, we've had this happen to us exactly.
Speaker 3: Philadelphia police said the incident was part of a standard compliance check. Now, which, okay, fine, it happens.
Speaker 2: Yes, somebody who wants to fuck with you calls makes a complaint and they have to follow up. Right now.
Speaker 3: When it happened to us, it was one officer, maybe two, usually roughly a dozen Philadelphia and State police officers.
Speaker 2: State police, yeah right, not right.
Speaker 3: Flooded into the women's sports bar to investigate the lesbian owned business, and it raised questions about whether the city went overboard on a routine bar inspection.
Speaker 2: Sounds like it tell you, I'm sure they probably did. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Video posted on Instagram by South Street Nightlife chronicler at South Street, Philly showed twelve masked and unmasked police officers why masked, leaving Marsh's at four thirty South Street on February twentieth. The footage was in line with how bar owner Shavon Anderson described the event in a video statement on the bar's Instagram account. Authorities advised us that the inspection followed a second anonymous complaint received within thirty days of a prior call. The complaint alleged that Marsh's was serving underage patrons, selling alcohol after permitted hours, and operating without proper licenses.
Speaker 2: And I doubt they would be stupid. They would be stupid.
Speaker 3: Oh hell yeah, because so many eyes are on them.
Speaker 2: Right, I know that the state police have to follow up on this stuff. We had. It happened to us when we owned a bar where you know, they send in spies to see what happens at last call, but we told them to do that. I well, right, because this was happening to us repeatedly, And I went through channels through a state representative who was the head of the committee that oversaw the alcohol lows, I guess, or the DLCB, the Liquor Control Board in Philadelphia or in Pennsylvania. And I invited them. I said, you know, do what you have to do, but your resources are being misused every time. These things are unfounded. These are people who do not like the fact that we are queer and you know, running a very actually good business in their neighborhood. And what's kind of ironic is now it's a trouble bar. Now they have what they thought they had before when we were extremely respectful the way we ran that bar. But yeah, it was happening. They would come and say, look, we know, but right, and it did finally stop, you know, at least as far as we knew. But I said, you can have someone in here every night when we close, right, please do please do right, and we don't serve anyone without id right, and we test the idea right So and I you know, and we were nowhere near South Street. I can't imagine they're doing any of that, truly, I can't. Right, it would be really, really stupid. And all the bars downtown are really careful about you like that, Oh hell you.
Speaker 3: My My issue is not about the fact that the cops were there, because, like you just said, they have to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you don't need forty seven of them right and masked. You don't need that, Like, what the fuck is that about? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The reason why this set put my hackles up was it was giving.
Speaker 2: Stonewall. You know what I'm saying. It's happened in other places. Yes, I do. I hear you. I hear you. And I love the fact that we have someone from the District Attorney's office who is now the LGBT liaison for the Mayor's office. And you know, I expect, yep, this won't just.
Speaker 3: Die, right, So I would suggest that go Tito, right, go Tito, that the owners of Marshes, assuming that you know they haven't already, you know, make friends with in the Mayor's office and let them know, like you run an above board business and this is what's happening.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't know that that's going to help. I'm saying that the larger publicity of it all and where the Philadelphia Police are concerned in this whole thing, because the state police are the enforcement arm of the LCB right, it's state police, that's true. It has nothing to do with the city cops nothing. So, I mean that was always my understanding. I don't even know why there would have been city cops involved, actually this is my question. But yeah, I mean, so that's what I'm saying, So that parts of city question, the rest of it, Yeah, they should be, they should be make a noise, especially if they keep repeatedly, you know, passing the because we also had surprise inspections that came out of that, right and you know where you've got to produce certain paperwork on demand and da da da da, and that was always up to date. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was a mess. I'm going to move on. RFK Junior's HHS proposes scrapping protections for LGBTQ plus kids in foster care. The policy change was announced in a Notice of proposed rule making. This is the United States Department of Health and Human Services. They proposed formally removing federal regulations intended to ensure supportive foster placements for LGBTQ children. Following a court decision that struck down the rule last year. Foster holmes could soon reject LGBTQ plus children after Donald Trump's administration proposed a new rule that would strip protections in places. Twenty twenty four, the Administration of Children and Families, in a Notice of proposed rule making, announced it will remove requirements ensuring placement in foster care for children who self identify with an alternative sexual orientation or self identity as something other than their sex. The agency operates under the direction of HHS Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior. Public comments on the proposed rule change will continue to be collected until April sixth I would strongly advise people to weigh in on that. It's gross. Always will do that's gross. Yeah, well, I mean they want to take us right back to the days of conversion therapy and good old exorcisms and you know, all the stuff that we know doesn't work, and they want us staying in the closet and killing ourselves, and you know all that they were happy, and so let's torture the kids in the foster k let's really go after the most vulnerable of the most vulnerable. This one, this one feels like overreached that I would imagine we'll have swift backlash. Oh yeah, this jackass Kentucky state lawmakers are considering an amendment that would strip state funding for Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. We write it, Dawn. Yeah, they don't want to pay for the program that provides free books to children from birth to age five. I guess they aren't staying quite dumb enough in conduct. I don't know. Yeah, they're considering a change to how the Imagination Library is funded. The program provides children free age appropriate books each month from birth to age five. You know, to fire reading. Fuck them children reading books? Yep. I mean it's in line with everything else they do.
Speaker 3: I think about the joy of reading that was instilled in me in that age range.
Speaker 2: Mm hm, and they want to deprive children of that. So in January, Democratic Senator Cassie Chambers Armstrong filed a joint resolution in the Senate with the goal of finding ways to increase participation in the program. Get more kids reading right, get the books in their hands right. However, an amendment filed in early March by Republican Senator Michael Nemis would prohibit the state general Fund from being used to fund the Imagination Library. Why this is not even a partisan issue, it's children reading books. Kentucky Democratic Party Chair Coleman Eldridge. So this is approaching comic book levels of cartoon villainry for real, though, Why on earth would Senate Republicans defund an imagination library program started by Dolly Parton that helps inspire a love of reading for Kentucky kids.
Speaker 3: There's literally nothing bad there.
Speaker 2: There are twenty one states that have opted into this program, including our neighbors in Tennessee, West Virginia, and Missouri. This is not partisan. This is about our Kentucky children getting a book every month to help them dream big, expand their minds, and ensure they show up to elementary school able to read.
Speaker 3: Y'all going to fuck around and piss off Dolly Parton, and I'm just gonna sit back and watch what happens to you.
Speaker 2: The governor, who is Bashir, who is a Democrat, was asked about the resolution. It gets our youngest children books regularly. It encourages parents or caregivers to read to our children, and we know the more you read to your young children, the better they start in their educational journey. Yep. He also said that if Senator Nemus amendment stands, it will cause the program to collapse. It's a pretty simple question. Do you want all kids in the Commonwealth regularly sent to them to read or not? I think it's a pretty simple question. Yeah. Now comments receive so far, I'm thinking that's a bridge too far. Yeah, don't you.
Speaker 3: You're working with children reading and Dolly Parton and Dolly Parton, it's like.
Speaker 2: That can't go over well in Kentucky, right, I'm saying, I mean, what the what the.
Speaker 3: What Dolly Parton, who is arguably, i mean, like, the most beloved celebrity in the world.
Speaker 2: Right, what what is next? Killing puppies on the state capitol steps? Like? What? What? What else can you do? Make the children watch your drown kittens?
Speaker 3: What seriously make the children drown the kittens?
Speaker 2: Yeah, make them do it? There you go, but name them first, name them? What the hell? What's wrong with these people? If that is not syphilis going on, check, I'm not sure what is.
Speaker 3: If that is not syphilis?
Speaker 2: Oh fuck it? Duck. So some jack ass said the target boycott was over.
Speaker 3: I know, and we were like, who are we don't know?
Speaker 2: How right? That's what I heard, swiftly like who is he? And who the hell? And the women who started the damn boycott in the first place? Went what right? So?
Speaker 3: Jamal Bryan, who is the pastor of a prominent metro Atlanta mega church, said last week that the campaign to boycott Target was officially concluding.
Speaker 2: And who are you to say so, sir?
Speaker 3: Allegedly he was in the room with the women when the original plan for the boycott happened. So I guess he decided they're done now, right? He decided, Oh he's the leader?
Speaker 2: Uh huh? So.
Speaker 3: Minneapolis organizers that include doctor Nakima, Levy Armstrong, Monique Colors, Dody and Jaylani Hussein said the Atlanta based pastor, who previously led what he called a forty day fast, does not speak for the movement. They also say that while other efforts have garnered national attention, the Target boycott originated in Minnesota. We stood for us and with the community, Levy Armstrong said at a news conference Wednesday. We speak for us and we will never sell out our community for crumbs or a seat at Target's corrupt table. So we are asking people to continue to double down and hold Target accountable. The boycott continues, and that's basically it. There Like the resounding response is like I don't.
Speaker 2: Give a fuck what he says. Nobody.
Speaker 3: No, we are not going back to Target because they haven't changed right their behavior.
Speaker 2: They have not.
Speaker 3: But see, here's the part that pissed me off royally. Because he came out publicly in his little suit in front of a camera. People were like, oh, a black man said something in earnest about what black people are doing. He must speak for all of them, because like I saw a fucking Newsweek, I saw Bloomberg, I saw Forbes all repeating this shit.
Speaker 2: Oh the boycott is over.
Speaker 3: They did the fuck it is so fuck what you heard is basically the main salient point of this whole thing.
Speaker 2: In an interview with the Associated Press on March, third, Target CEO Michael Fidelki acknowledged the boycotts have had an impact on targets declining sales. You betcher ass they have. It was one of the things that impacted our sales. And so we know we've got trust to win back with guests, and we'll be focusing on doing it. Uh huh. There's no easy button to win back trust, but we'll do the work. The work means bringing back to EI right. Acknowledging the importance of diversity, right, not selling out your employees, I mean. And they were always known as a progressive company and a good place to work, right, a place that celebrated, you know, diverse peoples and gave them a respectful workplace. And then they said, nope, never mind, never mind, just kidding, yep, fuck that. We don't have to do that. Trump said, we don't have to be decent anymore. Right, that's what started us. So we ain't gonna well and ain't nothing changed.
Speaker 3: So who is exactly who dis just because one negro says something, the rest of us supposed to follow suit. It don't work that way. Sorry, you ain't.
Speaker 2: Jesse, It never has.
Speaker 3: Jesse's dead.
Speaker 2: And even then, you know.
Speaker 3: Come on, there's a short list of black men who can just stand up and say something and we'll go okay. And only one of them on the list, in my head, is still alive.
Speaker 2: So who you right? Right? That was as quick as we could make the cavalcade, and we try. There's a lot of tough stuff happening. Truly Republicans, you know, continue to lose their ever loving minds. They are doubling and tripling down against the trans community, and it is obscene. It's obscene. Yeah, I'm going to suggest we take another break, can cleanse our palates. When we come back with pop culture, we'll be right. Yeah, we're back. We're back. Cack cat cat out. The oscars happened, they did.
Speaker 3: We didn't get a chance to watch the full ceremony, No, we didn't. We watched what we wanted to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and clips, which was great. It made me cry, right, I didn't have to see all that. Michael B. Jordan's Michael B.
Speaker 3: Jordan one for Best Lead Actor for Sinners, of course, as he should, because he played not one, not two.
Speaker 2: But three motherfucking characters.
Speaker 3: I thought it was four, No three, it's Smoke, Stack back and then Stack as a vampire.
Speaker 2: Oh there was no Smoke as a vampire now, so it was three distinct characters that he played. Okay, yeah, I mean he did brilliantly, Yeah, brilliantly. So he won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Sinners was nominated for an unprecedented number of awards. They won some, they won some one Bad Laughter, another one Best Picture, which.
Speaker 2: I guess I get it best Picture, but it's almost like they wrote it for that. Yeah you know what I mean. And yeah, Best Pictures a stretch in my mind. I saw it. It was entertaining. Yeah, best Picture, That's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying. Yeah, I think Sinners over.
Speaker 3: That, But I agree again Michael B. Jordan one Best Actor for Sinners over Timothy Shallow may ha ha ha and his speech right, Leo DiCaprio for One Bad Laughter another which you know but anyway, and Paul Thomas Anderson won Best Director for.
Speaker 2: One Bad Laughter? Did Sewn Pen win?
Speaker 3: Sean Penn won for Best Supporting.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'll give it tone. Kathy and I were talking about that too, as much.
Speaker 3: As over del Roylando though.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, but that was some like really that was some performance. What did del Rey play? Again?
Speaker 3: Del Roylando played the blues musician who played at the juke Joint and he gave that really amazing monologue talking about like basically like how they tortured and lynched folks, and his performance was just inspired. And it was his first nomination after fifty years of acting.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Now okay, so yeah, here's my thoughts. I'm not going to be grudge Sean Penn his win because he did put in work, like he really did create your feelings about the film one way or the other. Fight you can't deny that he put in work.
Speaker 2: And that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And it's one thing when you have one stellar performance up against another stellar performance. And while I am greatly disappointed that Del Rolando didn't win, as a lot of people, my main criticism is of people's reactions to his reaction when he didn't win, because he was He's just sat there, stone faced, didn't clap, and people were trying to like same thing they did with Angela Bassett when they played in her face. It's like trying to say you should be grateful to even have the opportunity, you should be grateful to be there. You're it's classless and bad manners and bad sportsmanship to not applaud and not show, not show that you're happy for the person who beat you.
Speaker 2: No, we don't know, we don't know. Non think so No, I don't recall that. I mean sometimes the women could smile more, But I mean I just don't, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like, stop telling black people how to be, how about it? Especially when you're playing in our faces very obviously, So you know, that's my whole thing. Del Roy I would have preferred he won, but like, don't not give him the award and give him shit for not being happy about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just bullshit exactly.
Speaker 3: Ryan Coogler did win for Best Original Screenplay, And I want to point out again original Screenplay to all these motherfuckers who were just saying that he copied from Dusk Till Dawn. No, no, no, no no, and no, no, no, no no. He was influenced by that film. He said so himself. But there is no like from Dust Till Dawn and Sinners. The similarities starting to end with we start telling a certain narrative, it goes on a journey, and then there's a vampire narrative in there as well. The differences from Dust Till Dawn was literally two stories by two directors that got slapped together and stitched in the middle, and all of a sudden, it's a vampire story because it starts off with this like criminal caper with Quentin Tarantino and George Clooney and they robbed a bank and they're on the lamb and they're taking hostages and they're killing motherfuckers and they're going they're fleeing to Mexico. And you like get into this story. And then they get to this bar in Mexico, the Titty Twister, after they've kidnapped Juliette Lewis and Harvey Kai Tel and the young Asian man whose name I don't know. Then they go to this bar called the Titty Twister, and then all of a sudden there's vampires. Like that's from.
Speaker 2: Dust till Dawn. Oh that sounds weird.
Speaker 3: It means like it's one of those things like you literally went A then B where comes from?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Whereas sinners? There is a whole thread, there's multiple narratives, there are weave together, there's no surprise the whole thing. You know what's going on. There's seeds being dropped. It is very artful and and and some trying to say it's not high art. How the fuck can you look at that juke joint scene and not say that it's high art? Who said random hateful ass motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: Because and that's.
Speaker 3: The other thing they performed I lied to you, yeah, on stage at the Oscars, and they recreated the scene which I referred to that as the scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and not easy to do live, but they did a really good job. They really did. Oh my god, the scene. The scene conjures the ancestors, yes, of all of the folks who are.
Speaker 3: There, well, it like it encapsulates the message that stayed at the beginning that like, sometimes music is so powerful that it blurs the edge of the ancestors in the future. And that's exactly what happened. So you had folks in the jupe joint next to like ancestral African dancers, next to like crip walking and twerking and be boys. Yeah, and they included like Chinese mask dancers and monkey dancers. Yes, because of the Asian folks that were everybody that was there was represented. It was so beautiful. Misty Copeland came out and performed twelve weeks after her hip surgery. Yes, and she did that whole performance on her new hip and it was fabulous.
Speaker 2: It really was. That was something to behold.
Speaker 3: And I believe I said to you after we watched that that I have a zero percent success rate of watching any iteration of that scene without crying my full ahead. I cried in the movie theater.
Speaker 2: I cried in.
Speaker 3: Our living room when we watched the movie together. I cried when I saw the.
Speaker 2: Oscars Yeah, it's it's a powerful it's so perfect.
Speaker 3: And then not to mention that, but they also incorporated not only Miles Kate and the original performer in the film, Raphael Sadiq was was performing Shaboozie Brittany Murphy Alice Smith Like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, Brittany Murphy. Not Brittany Murphy, Brittany Howard. Brittany Howard, right, she really is an ancest I didn't see her there, but maybe I didn't squint.
Speaker 3: Brittany Howard, it's who I met. And Buddy Guy was was in it?
Speaker 2: Like was he in the But I didn't see Buddy Guy on stage at the Oscars? Apparently he was there was Yeah, Okay, I didn't see that again Michael watched it again because Buddy Guy is in the film.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, like Miles's character basically grows up to be Buddy Guy. So it was spectacular and so, you know, they didn't win all the things they should have won, but I'm glad they won what they did. And Ryan Coogler, you know, has once again proven that he is a powerhouse artist. And I love that he and Michael B. Jordan have their working relationship. They have Michael B. Jordan has been in all of Arden Coogler's films, starting with way back in Fruitvale Station, which.
Speaker 2: Was so depressing. Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I saw it, But I mean it's one of those movies. I'm glad I saw it. It was masterfully done. I am never watching that again.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that.
Speaker 3: In fact, I think that's the time only one of Ryan Coogler's films that I have only watched once. Actually that's not true. I haven't watched uh Wakanda Forever a second time yet, but I will. Okay, which I am not going to say about Fruitvale Station.
Speaker 2: Now, I know that is Fruitvale Station? Is your what is that Beale Street? What is someone that I something awful done happen? Oh Women of Brewster Place, Yes, yeah, I think that's your Women of Brewster Place. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually have so much love in my heart for the women, and I just can't watch it with you anymore because you ruin it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, something awful happened. It's just you know, it's sad, and it just and then it gets sadder and then just when you you know, and it's like, oh my god, and then I want a perfectly good cul to sat I will.
Speaker 3: I will admit I did not realize exactly how fucking depressing that series is until I watched it with you.
Speaker 2: I know, because I was like, God, damn right, white people pay extra for that ship with the cold is saying yes, no, the part that knock it down and who's going to clean that up? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The part that took me out was when they had brought all the bricks down. You're like, no, who's going to clean that up?
Speaker 2: Sometimes? Yeah, my brokenness shines, I guess. But now, Brian, I was just like, that's peace right there. Why you want to knock that down? Since I keep that keeps you know, traffic to a minimum.
Speaker 3: I mean, since we're but that's.
Speaker 2: What they decided to collectively do. Horrible things kept happening. Let's knock down the wall. Like why. I still don't get it, but it felt like tragedy porn. I mean to me, I mean, something done happened. I mean, good.
Speaker 3: Cast, Well that's that's the reason why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, the cast is wonderful, but it's just sad.
Speaker 3: Paula Kelly, Paula Kelly, Okay, so my favoritest scene, yeah.
Speaker 2: She was Yeah, that's where she was yes, Paula Kelly. Yes.
Speaker 3: My favorite scene in Women of Brewster Place is when Paula Kelly, who plays one of the two lesbians, she's making her her meat loaf and the old nosey, busy body from across the way is looking in her apartment and she catches her and she goes on this tirade. She's saying, oh, you want.
Speaker 2: To see what I'm doing. I'm making meat loaf.
Speaker 3: You gotta have meat with the meat, and she starts throwing all the ingredients out the window with the woman.
Speaker 2: It was quite the scene, yes, very high strung and sad. Sad because it was sad. Nothing good happened. I just don't know how the hole in the wall made it better.
Speaker 3: It was an act of defiance.
Speaker 2: Again, white people pay extra well to have a dead end street. We do, yeah, but that's the thing.
Speaker 3: But they also had the gang standing there at the wall and causing.
Speaker 2: Well, and now now they have an egress. They're going to go away because they come on because they put a hole in the wall and gave them a pile of bricks. That's just weaponry.
Speaker 3: This is why I can't watch them to just don't.
Speaker 2: See how it made anything better. That's all.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to Sinners and absolutely Ryan Cooler and Michael B.
Speaker 2: Jordan and Michael B. Jordan there just this was just like a follow up. But you know, we've talked about the Kennedy Center a few times now and everyone who never wants to perform there again, or at least not under this administration. Apparently Richard Grinnell is leaving. Ah. Yeah, the Kennedy Center loses their house. Faggot. I think that might have been the head. No, that was that wasn't the house.
Speaker 3: I was going to say he found another house.
Speaker 2: Kennedy Center's president is leaving after tumultuous year.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 2: Yes, the article, of course talks about the wave of cancelations and departures and now they're just going to close it for two years for a lengthy renovation. And by all accounts, the old the new one looks like the old one. Right, But apparently we are now promoting the head of facilities. Are you serious? Yeah, Matt Flakka, this vice president of Facilities Operations. I mean, who better I guess to oversee, you know, a renovation, because that's all they're going to do there is a renovation, because they can't get talent, right, so I guess let's re upholster it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to start seeing commercials for renting out the Kennedy Center.
Speaker 2: Well again two years. So they're closing somewhere around July fourth, which is prime time for performances, not where nobody wants your space. Let's not forget. There's been months of headlines about boycotts by patrons and high profile artists, including Philip Glass. Let's see Bellaflac, the San Francisco Ballet, the traveling production of Hamilton, which was fabulous. Yeah, all that happened under the tutelage of mister Grinnell. Yeh, Doug Varone, Yep, yep, yep. No one wants to play with you bitches. Yeah. He was trying to get rid of woke programming and refocus on more commercial fare that would attract new audiences and donors. Yeah, he's in conversation with dance programmers. He cited the TV show So You Think You Can Dance and Paula Abdul as examples of the kind of material he wanted. We cannot have unpopular programming that doesn't pay the bills. Uh huh, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I know, but see all of the people that go into so you think you can dance like the guest choreographers are the same people who have their own companies that they aren't bringing to the Kennedy Center.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean the National Symphony Orchestra. Nope, oh wait. They continued to perform there, but often to empty seats, scrambling to find substitutes for artists who canceled. He spend his time doing that, I guess.
Speaker 3: Orchestra versions of I Wish I was in Dixie don't fill a house like that.
Speaker 2: I guess not. Last week, executive director Gene Davidson announced she was leaving, saying she did not see how I could be effective as a leader in the current climate. M h yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Like things that are good, and no one good wants to be here.
Speaker 2: Exactly dozens undergre Now, dozens of Kennedy Center employees were either fired or quit. The institution increasingly bowed to Trump's demands and at times, his cultural preferences. Which there's what a funny sentence, What a funny little sentence. The President had approved over the selection of honorees for last year's Kennedy Center Honors, which he hosted himself. Of course he did. Oh my yeah, my god. You know. The decision to close has also caused an upper among Democrats. Representative Joyce Baty of Ohio and ex officio member of the center's board, has asked a federal court to block the plan, warning that Trump could be planning a surprise demolition of the center. Wouldn't pay Yeah, because they like the east wing.
Speaker 3: Did they ever put anything up where he demolished the east like?
Speaker 2: I don't Was it still rubble? I think it's still essentially rubble. I think yeah. I think he just knocked it down and that was that. When Friday, Trump posted two renderings of the future Kennedy Center online and said that it would be the finest facility of its kind anywhere in the world. It already was. It is not clear, however, whether performers and audiences will return as enthusiastically much less what it will look like after the project is completed. It won't be completed, yeah, probably not.
Speaker 3: No one's going to get paid well, and no one's going to finish when they're not getting paid.
Speaker 2: He should be in jail if we have mid terms. Yeah, you know, you know what.
Speaker 3: Keeps running through my mind when I keep hearing these stories and like hearing them use words, and like their use of the words.
Speaker 2: Just make no sense.
Speaker 3: There was this episode of the Twilight Zone where this guy woke up one day and suddenly like couldn't understand anything anyone was saying because everyone just started speaking gibberish uh huh. Like this feels exactly like his wife is saying, you know, come to downstairs your dinosaurs ready, and she meant breakfast, uh huh, And then he's like, what's breakfast and she goes it's kind of like.
Speaker 2: A red.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, it's like that. And by the end of the episode, like everyone's saying like the kangaroo Flapjacks are raspberrying the white wall tires.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, that sums up the Republican Party about in this administration. Yeah yeah. On that note, I don't I don't have much more to add, a much more to say, babe, So why don't we just head on over to some podcast business That sounds like a plan.
Speaker 3: If you haven't already, why don't you swing on by Apple Podcasts, good pods, YouTube, or wherever you enjoy our show and leave us a review or a rating. Or hit that subscribe button five stars and more. Please follow us on social at Full Circle the Pod on Instagram, threads and Blue Sky, and Full Circle the Podcast on TikTok. You can follow Martha at Imartha Madrigal everywhere. Her writing can be found at i Ammarthamadrigal dot WordPress dot com. I am at never skirt Everywhere. If you have a story, idea, or some gossip, or just want to say hi and tell us we're doing a great job, drop us a line at ask Full Circlepod at gmail dot com. We'd love to hear from you. Explore our new web store and get your own piece of Full Circle the Podcast merchandise. Just go to our website, Full Circlethepod dot com and click shop our merch There's bound to be something to suit your style. Join our Patreon Patreon dot com slash Full Circle Thepod starting at just a three dollars a month tire. You get access to all of our episodes add free and before everyone else, and it only gets better from there.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 3: Over at the Patreon, you can also check out our Discord channel Full Circle the Podcast.
Speaker 2: Podcast business over all right, uh huh, it's a lot, Yeah, it's a lot. We love y'all for listening. We do, we really really do. Yeah, I'm exhausted now me too. I think I need some food and maybe a drink.
Speaker 3: I will not say boo to either of those.
Speaker 2: There you go until next time you've been listening to Full Circle the podcast. I am Martha Madrigal and I am Charles Tyson Jr. And you were so appreciated. Bye everyone.
Speaker 3: Full Circle is a Never Skurred Productions podcast hosted by Charles Tyson Jr. And Martha Madrigal, produced and edited by Never Scurred Executive Produced by Charles Tyson Jr. And Martha Madrigal. Our theme and me music is by the jingle Berries. All names, pictures, music, audio, and video clips are registered trademarks and or copyrights of their respective copyright holders