Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kas.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're enjoying your Saturday afternoon. You're world champion Los Angeles Dodgers eleven and four to start this season. After a brilliant pitching performance from Yoshi Yamamoto last night in some timely hitting from Tommy Tanks, the Dodgers are back at it tonight as they host the Chicago Cubs, game two of this three game weekend. Sent from Dodger Stadium. Roki Sasaki on the mound, first pitch coming up at six ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vase is gonna go one on one with former Dodger reliever Ryan Brasier. He was big for the Dodgers the last couple of seasons. Now in the other clubhouse with the Chicago Cubs, got his ring last night. Was a special moment for him. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll get you your price double play the day, and shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports in LA and Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. We'll check in from the Gallpin Motors broadcast booth. Well, last night, the Dodgers pitching was on full display in a shutout win over the Cubbies. Yoshi Yamamoto got to start, the right hander, having a really good twenty twenty fives so far, and last night he was at his best. Six shutout innings. He allowed just two hits along the way wall.
Speaker 1: Punch it out nine.
Speaker 3: You have Mooto just issued a two out walk in a full count that ian half.
Speaker 4: He doesn't want to do the same here.
Speaker 3: Seyo Suzuki is on deck, pitch one oh three to pay it off against Tucker.
Speaker 2: Sways strike, pray, splinter.
Speaker 1: At the knees and Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
Speaker 4: Heads back to the dugout After.
Speaker 5: His ninth strikeout ends a sixth shutout inning.
Speaker 2: Yoshi Yamamoto went toe to toe with cup starter Matthew Lloyd, who only gave up a pair of singles the first five innings. In the sixth, though tay Oscar Hernandez single to win one out. Boyd then hit Freddy Freeman that brought up Tommy Edmond.
Speaker 3: Boyd looks back at ta Oscar comes home. Edmund swing tigh five ball left feeling deep. This ball's going back is gone.
Speaker 5: Tommy tugs goes halfway.
Speaker 4: Up to pavilion and we are scoreless.
Speaker 3: No more.
Speaker 5: Number six on the season for Tommy Edmond. A three room bomb and it's three nothing. Dodgers three run home run.
Speaker 2: From Tommy Edmond halfway up to the pavilion and left his six of the season. That ties him for most of the major leagues. That is a top tier play the game brought to you by ARCO quality, top tier guests for less. Dodgers up three to nothing. Ya'm a modal left the game after six innings and one hundred and three pitches. The Dodgers bullpen then took over three high leverage relief going to work. First up, Kirby Yates got the seven struck out of pair. He put up a zero blake. Tryning got the eighth, a one two three inning. The ninth belong to Tanner Scott. He came in closed it out, fall game over Dodgers take the series opener last night as they shut out the Cubs three to nothing. Yoshi Yamamoto gets to win his second of the season. Dodgers improved to eleven and four on the year, winners of two in a row, and they look to keep it going to night with Roki Sasaki on the mount and with more we head o Rid of the Galvin Motors broadcast both and say hello to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, Tim, It's a lovely, sunshiny Saturday at Dodgers Stadium. The Dodgers have an opportunity to clinch this series against the Chicago Cubs, and MO remain unbeaten here at home this year.
Speaker 4: They're seven to zero.
Speaker 3: If they were to win tonight, it would be an eight no start at home, just the second time since moving to Los Angeles. The only other time that happened was when they were out the gates thirteen and zero at home in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 6: Well, this is a ball club, no reason not to and I think right at the top when he said a chance to clinch the series, that's basically the goal. If you put it in most simplistic forms, that's the goal of a team when they go into a city, or if they have a team come into their very own city, is to try and win this series. Oh you like to have a sweet no question about it. But if you win the series, you're going to wind up with a wheelbarrow full of victories at the end of the year and you'll be in postseason play.
Speaker 3: And the Dodgers again last night, we mentioned it during the broadcast a couple of times. That win important, not only because it gave him a chance to win the series and potentially sweep it, but he had.
Speaker 4: To keep pace with this nationally West.
Speaker 3: I mean this division, especially at the top, with right now the Giants, the Padres, and the Dodgers. I mean, this is the juggernaut everybody thought it was going to be, but at maybe a different level than we've already expected.
Speaker 6: San Diego, I think we can agree, really a surprised, very talented team. They've grew in that last year. The Dodgers had to win the final game of that series down there to advance in postseasons. The Giants to this particular point, I think, yes, they catch a little my surprise everybody. The Giants, by the way, lost their ball game earlier today. But the Dodgers, if they continued doing some things as they did last night, they played a clean game as far as that goes. And for Yashinobu Yamamoto, who picked up the victory, went six innings, no runs, and only two hits. Those are the only two hints that the Cubs had the entire game. And what the Dodgers were able to do, and last night's a ball game too, was to get the Cubs go out of what has been successful so far this season and winning the nine games. In fact, they said before coming in the series, look, they want to be aggressive on pitches in the zone and they want to avoid pitches out of the zone. Well, last night they expanded the zone and and Yamamoto took advantage of it.
Speaker 3: Yamamoto has really continued his push into that upper echelon of starting pitchers in the.
Speaker 6: Majors, and he does it not just with the not just with the the splitter. We saw the Cubs kind of change gears, if you will, in the first third of the ball game where they started to look for the splitter, that fastball was just zip by them. Then they started looking for the fastball and then went back to the splitter again, so you know, I'm a moto very much on his game last night.
Speaker 3: And now the baton will be passed to Roki Sasaki against Ben Brown, a couple of youngsters trying to get their major league legs underneath them. Tim they'll have the ball here in Game two, which gets going shortly. We'll break down that pitching matchup when we talk to you next.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken emojos right now at Shakys dot com. Still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Vaz Say he'll go one on one with Ryan Brazier. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We got your prize picks double play of the day. But up next, rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson as we lead you up to first pitch on this Saturday night Dodgers and Cubs first pitch set for six ten. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kase Is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Cubs on this Saturday Night teacher appreciation night out of Dodgers Stadium. Rookie Sasaki and Ben Brown. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers won last night three to nothing, but it was Tommy Edmund hitting the three run home run show.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 2: Otani went hitless and four at bats last night in the series opener against the Cubbies, two strikeouts, snapping his consecutive games on bass streak at twenty nine dating back to see number fourteenth of last year.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston now joins us here at Dodger Stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car called eight seven seven Cars for Kids Right now, friendly agents are standing by to take your donations. That's Cars with a K to donate your car. Today it's game two of his three game set Dodgers in Cubs and rookie Susaki back on the mound against the Cubbies. Who's already seen this year?
Speaker 7: Yes, he sure is.
Speaker 8: And you know what, he's coming off of a very just quality and impressive start back in Philadelphia. That's obviously a very tough atmosphere to play in, a tough stadium, tough fans, So for him to have a success he had there. Even coming out of it, he had said that during that last week before that last start, he was feeling a little bit anxious and he was able to work through a few things mechanically, because even in a start hearing Dodger Stadium, he wanted to throw strikes that you know, he's on the mound, he's a big time pitcher. That's what he wants to do. But he felt like he was unable to do that. So just to have more and better commit and of his pitches and his last outing. The hope is that coming into this one he can just carry that momentum. He's going to be partnered with Austin Barnes again, who's behind the plate, and Dave likes this this battery just because it's Austin has been primarily catching some of his bullpens, and so there's a bit of comfortability between the two and it obviously went well in the last outing. He's not ready to commit to that being the full year thing, but just to have him back out there, hopefully you can have another just positive outing because he needed it in the last one, and hopefully he can keep that going.
Speaker 2: Speaking of positive, a step forward for show hey Otani who was throwing it a here dodges d.
Speaker 8: Yeap he was throwing his bullpen. It's funny you can always tell something is happening with him because all of the Japanese media all of a sudden, like cameras were up and they were going, they were shooting towards the outfield, and I was like, there's no one.
Speaker 7: On the field.
Speaker 8: That's happening, and then I realized, I go, oh, Show hey Atani's and the bullpen got it.
Speaker 4: So this was a big step for him.
Speaker 8: Though he added in a splitter with his pitch mix, and so primarily his bullpens have been fastball focus and how just the pitching progression goes for him is you're gonna continue to add your entire pitch mix. Once he does that in his bullpens, he'll start facing hitters and kind of progressing in that sense before he gets back on the big league mound. But for him to just throw in that splitter Dave Roberson, the command.
Speaker 4: Was really good.
Speaker 8: The velocity is still only in that ninety area. They don't want him kind of over exerting himself right now, but it was a big step. He does still have quite a bit of time until we see him back in a game. But hey, you know, whenever he gets off the mound, it's news, and it's good news that he continues to progress the right direction.
Speaker 2: I know people forget, and I tend to forget that Shoi Otani's a pitcher and he's still on his way back to watch out those Dodgers team.
Speaker 7: Scary to think it's so scary.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be crazy once he gets on the mound.
Speaker 7: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be a lot of fun when that night happens. Bake you, Curioust, We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here on rogo because you know Dodger's on deck, will dive deeper into this pitch matchup, David Mattie goes one on one with former Dodger now comes reliever Ryan but Up next, we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself. Dave Roberts is the Dodgers and Cubs first pitches six ten. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Morongo Casino Dodgers on decontinues on this Saturday nineties. We leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Cubbs Morongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times Rookie Sasaki and Ben Brown. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for six ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Twelve players on the injured list right now, including Blake Snell on the injured list with the left shoulder inflammation. Tony Gonslan with the back tightness, is in Triple A Oklahoma City, as is Evan Phillips trying to work his way back from the right rotator cuff strain. We know Michael Kopek is on the men and Wardo Henriquez as well. Clayton Kershaw continues to work his way back from the off season to surgery. All right, let's head downstairs into the manager's room and here from the Dodgers kipper.
Speaker 4: Anything Dave?
Speaker 1: Do you think the question for Dave?
Speaker 7: Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts watching the show and how did it go? To me?
Speaker 9: It went well, right around thirty pitches, it was four sing fastball, two seeing fastball, and his split command was really good. Came out of it well, So yeah, I think so it's just going to continue to build up, build on that, and we'll see where you go from.
Speaker 1: There on the mound. I know, you know, just how big of that last out in confidence build are all the sorts? What are you hoping to see just today and how he carries that moment into it.
Speaker 9: I think, you know, last night was a pretty good blueprint on what to do, you know, get ahead, mix in both of your breaking balls and certainly the split is his primary, you know, secondary pitch, command the fastball and fill it up. And so I think that Yoshi had really good rhythm last night, and if Roki can kind of simulate that follow that, then we should be in good shape.
Speaker 7: Talk last night.
Speaker 10: About Yoshinovo and Roki having similar fastball split heavy river tours because of that, would you.
Speaker 4: Eventually like to split them up in their rotation or is there once a week scheduling that all the working about.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think that's a fair question, I think right now, obviously with the once a week it's kind of in the way the schedule of the off days it makes the most sense. But when we get into April things, that's when things can sort of open up and uh, you know, the days of rest for both those pictures could possibly change, where then that conversation or that outcome might happen.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down in the dugout talking with the media just a short time ago. When we continue here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We will check in with David Vassy as we're leading you up to first pitch on this Saturday night. Dodgers in Cubs. First pitch set for six ten. I'm Tim Kates and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on dech on, your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers in Cobs on this Saturday night. Rokie Sasaki, Ben Brown. The pitching matchup coming up. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. You're gonna hear from Ryan Brazier in about twenty minutes. Stephen and Rick will have the keys to the game.
Speaker 1: But first, joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 11: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bai.
Speaker 7: All right, David.
Speaker 2: Last night Dodgers win three to nothing, Tommy Edmond with a three run home run. It's a team full of superstars and MVPs. How much does Tommy Edmond mean to this team right now?
Speaker 7: He's the glue.
Speaker 11: I mean, from the first game in Tokyo to where we're at now. After fifteen of them, Tommy Edmund has been the most consistent baseball player the Dodgers have had offensively and defensively. You may have mentioned this earlier in the show Tim but Tommy Edmond is one of seven players in Major League Baseball that have six home runs to lead the league. It includes guys by the name of Mike Trout, Kyle Schwarber, and Aaron Judge. Tommy Edmond is part of that group with six home runs, and yesterday, in his third at bat against left hander Matthew boyd Is when he hit that big three run home runs.
Speaker 7: You just performed better.
Speaker 12: More and more times you see a guy you know, the second time through line up a little bit better, third time through the lineup a little bit better.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to say we got to him, but.
Speaker 12: We were able to scratch across a few runs and that third time through the lineup, but he just did a good job kind of throw out the game up to that point.
Speaker 11: And here's the thing about Tommy Edmund. He hit that home run from the right side of the plate. In his career, he hasn't been that good from the leb side, but he made an adjustment during the op season to stand a little taller to generate more power. In its work. He's hitting over three hundred from the left side of the plate, so it's working from both sides for Tommy Edmond.
Speaker 4: David has driven by Ford.
Speaker 7: There's one thing you like, its choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the fort f one fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this mark can only be called f one fifty. Roki Sisaki gets to start tonight David. The Cubs have seen him already, but after his last out, he kind of feels like maybe he's gotten a good page here.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that'll be interesting because when a team sees you so close since seeing you the first time, it could be a little challenging. And Justin Turner is in the starting lineup tonight for the Cubs. He was not expecting to start any one of these three games. With the right handers the Dodgers were throwing at the Cubs. But Roki Sazaki, the last time we saw him at Dodger Stadium, threw forty one pitches in the first inning. It was disastrous, and his teammates said they just felt like he got a little too nervous in his Dodger Stadium debut. We'll see whether or not those nerves are there, because he's got to have fastball command to make that split fingered knuckleball. Whatever you want to call it, get Cubs to chase it, and Austin Barnes is catching him again and he had a good effect on him in his last start on the Pass road.
Speaker 2: Trip, Dave blake Snell on the Andrew List kind of halfway through that stint on the IL, how's he progressing?
Speaker 7: When can we see him? Maybe again?
Speaker 11: Well, you could have seen him, I think from your vantage point down the right field line on the suite level there. He was out visiting with some friends by the Dodger dugout look. Blake Snell's dealing with a couple of things, his shoulder tightness and also his home being broken into in Seattle when the day before he pitched on Opening Day. I'm told that Blake's now will be back by the end of April, so two to three starts and he should be good to go.
Speaker 2: David, this Cubs team, you mentioned Justin Turner in the lineup tonight. We heard him on the pregame with you last night. What's the feeling you get from JT as far as his career, where he's at right now, where he kind of involved with this Cubs team.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, he said he doesn't want to make some sort of formal announcement where he gets too much attention as this might be his last year. He had always told us that he wanted to play until he was forty years old. Well, he's forty years old, and he's now kind of in the twilight of his career, so it wouldn't surprise me that this may be his last dance, even though he wouldn't say as much yesterday during the pregame show. But certainly he understands the end of his playing career is coming pretty close to the end, and he seems to be in a great spot mentally. He signed with the Cubs knowing he was not going to get as many plate appearances as he would with a lesser team, but he wants another chance to try to win, and the Cubs right now have a very good shot at winning the NL Central.
Speaker 7: All right, they appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We'll check back here with you just a couple of minutes. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Santa Anita Park. Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita every Friday through Sunday with millions of payouts every race day. Don't miss the biggest Derby party west of Kentucky Mother's Day dining and free Fridays with drinkspresols go to Santa Anita dot Com. Slash events Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck DV is gonna be back with Ryan Brazier. Yeah, now with the Cubs, We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment.
Speaker 4: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 7: Leading up to.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cubs on this Saturday night. I'm Tim Kases, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Cubs Game two of this three game set. Dodgers winners last night, three to one behind Yoshi Yamamoto. Tonight, Roki Susaki on the mound, trying to build on what he did in Philadelphia last time out. First pitch coming up at six ten.
Speaker 1: I tho.
Speaker 13: Without a hot dog?
Speaker 11: Who wants a hot gun?
Speaker 1: It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. Bitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers taking on the Cubs. The twenty seventeen NLCS comes to mind Game five at Wrigley Field, Dodgers taking on the Cubs in Chicago. He gave Hernandez had himself a night to remember.
Speaker 13: Montgomery delivers. There's a fly ball to center field.
Speaker 7: It's on its way and.
Speaker 11: It is gone a home run.
Speaker 13: Keith gave Hernandez a two run shot. It is eleven to one. He is never gonna have a night like this again, and few in baseball ever will Key k Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Key k Hernandez. In the ninth inning, Game five of the twenty seventeen NLCS, the two run home run off of Mike Montgomery. Keyk hit three home runs, drove in seven, helping the Dodgers win their first pennant since nineteen eighty eight. This Hopey magical moment brought to by a Hofey hot Dogs Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Hofty hot Dogs, local and so great.
Speaker 2: When we cont ten you here on Dodgers on denk we will check you out with Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: So we lead jump to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Cubs of Tim Kases, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorono Casino, Dodgers on, Todgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers, It Cubs on this Saturday night. It's Rookie Susaki on the mound. First pitch coming up at.
Speaker 5: Six ten, got him with the two for one hard shot to third, Throw us the second on the first double What double series?
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks double Play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Join me and millions of other baseball fans and playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Download the free Prize Picks app right now and sign up using the code go Blue. Play with me during the season. Here, Dodger fans go blue. At Price Picks. You get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup.
Speaker 4: That's go blue.
Speaker 2: When you sign up at Prize Picks, it's more or less at least two players to win up one thousand times your cash. How about these two picks tonight, Rokie Susaki more or less one and a half walks. I'm gonna take more just because hey, if that split fingers not working. He sometimes has some control issues. That's just what Rookie's about right now. Young career. The more than one and a half walks, I'm gonna say. Also, show hey Otani more or less singles tonight against the Cubs.
Speaker 4: Show he was over last night.
Speaker 7: He's due for a base hit.
Speaker 2: I say he gets a single, so more than a half a single? First, show Hey Otani again. Sign up and play daily fantasy sports at price picks Run your.
Speaker 1: Game and now joined by David Basseying. Here's la Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: Justin Turner is not the only former Dodger to play for the Cubs. We got one right here, Rick Monday, who played for the Cubs before being traded to the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: So take that, Yeah, take that? Where will it get you if you take that?
Speaker 7: Nowhere?
Speaker 4: Just lost and cutoff?
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 11: I guess the only question as fans drive into Dodgers Stadium tonight, Rick, which sazaki are we going to see the one that continues to get better or the one we.
Speaker 4: Saw last time?
Speaker 6: Hopefully the one that we saw almost recently, because does he's just looked more relaxed that splitter was not hitting two feet in front of home plate. It looked like he was finally able to exhale a little bit, and he looked like he was more comfortable within his own skin. So hopefully that's going to continue. The other part of the success in last night's game with Yamamoto, First of all, he spotted that splitter very very well, better than he has recent times. But also the Cubs, who by the way, have scored more runs than any other team in Major League Baseball coming into this series, they expanded the strike zone and that's something that they had not been doing. With that nine victory, so they dropped the nine and seven. The Dodgers are now eleven and four seven or zero at home, and we'll find out what the Cubs are going to do with that splitter with Sasaki tonight, because if they chase it with a high percentage as they did last night, they're going to be in trouble.
Speaker 7: Rick.
Speaker 11: I know, we're just fourteen days away from the anniversary of you saving the American flag at Dodger Stadium wearing the Cubs uniform. But the Cubs are in town and we're there in that center field right now. What's it like when you have Cubs fans that still stop you, and even just baseball fans that stop you and bring it up.
Speaker 6: Well, it's something that I'm proud of. I'm proud of the fact for a lot of different reasons.
Speaker 4: I'm proud of the fact that.
Speaker 6: I'm an American citizen and that flag represents a lot of rights and freedoms that we have. Now what we do with those rights and freedoms is up to us and to just to stand by and at least my thought and if we go back. I was only I think five years out of the unsa's Marine Corps Reserve program. Because I was in that program for six years while playing Major League baseball, it was still fresh in my mind.
Speaker 7: It still is at that point.
Speaker 4: I thought what they.
Speaker 6: Were trying to do way back when was wrong. I still feel that way. They have a right to express themselves, but not on the field, not on private property, and not somewhere around where someone can do something about it in a peaceful way and took it away. So that's one of the things I guess. I feel proud at the same time uneasy because what I did, all of my friends and people I know would have done the same thing. Had they been geographically as close as I was.
Speaker 11: Greg, did you ever hesitate or as the instincts.
Speaker 4: No, I was mad.
Speaker 6: I was mad because they interrupted a game. I didn't know what the guy had under his arm to begin with, and I saw there was something there proved to be an American flag. And they came in from somewhere around the left field foulpol here at Dodger Stadium. There had already been a pitcher two throwned to Ted Sizemore with the Dodgers in the bottom of the fourth ding of that ballgame on a Sunday afternoon. And I was mad because here comes these two guys. We've had other people that are run onto the field, either because they've lost a better or want to win a better, they had too much to drink, whatever it may be, or maybe they just don't like it flat out, and you don't know. But it angered me and what they were attempting to do, because they came into my office, which was the field, and interrupted the game. And then we're trying to do something.
Speaker 4: I thought it just took long.
Speaker 11: April twenty fifth, nineteen seventy six, Dodgers Cubs. When you tell this story.
Speaker 7: Rick, when you share.
Speaker 11: These memories, does it feel that long ago or when you're telling it, is it?
Speaker 6: No, it's just you know, it doesn't feel that long ago. You know, I could run faster than you know.
Speaker 11: You could beat me in a race.
Speaker 7: Still.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, adrig Nozalez proved everyone that you can't run very fast. But you're you're in there, You're at the starting line every day and we appreciate that. But it's one of those things that you know in memory. Yeah, is coming up the anniversary and you know, my wife Barbara and I are going to be doing something special next year with the fiftieth and something that we'll talk about a little bit later on and coming out with something. And had a great experience today out of it as signing at Pacific Poems and they had a gigantic American flag up behind the stage. It was it was a good good morning into the afternoon and it's one of those things I love coming to the ball part. Yes, it means a little bit more. And when you played for both of these teams at one particular time. Both of my children were born in Chicago, so it has a special place from my art, well, it.
Speaker 11: Has a special place in America's heart. Rick here forever part of American history. We'll check in with you and Steven Nelson a little bit later and April twenty fifth, we'll revisit this a little bit more.
Speaker 1: See David Dodgers Cubs.
Speaker 11: Rick Monday played for both and made great plays with both franchises in different ways. We'll send it back to you in the studio or the sweet tim All right, thanks.
Speaker 2: A lot of DV Thank you Moe, and thank you Moe for doing that way back when. This Dodgers Gay Plan brought to you by California Community Colleges. Financial aids available to help with tuition, to help with the books, and to sometimes even help with the rent. It's time to take that next big step, Dodger Fans. Class is gonna fill up quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna get a preview with this pitching matchup ris give me back with Steven Nelson, gets you those keys of the game right before first pitch. But up next we go high and tight with Ryan Rasia, a big part of the Dodgers bullpen in the last couple of years, won the World Series a year ago, and now with the Cubbies Dodgers comes first pitch of six ten. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Cubs on this Saturday night, Rokie Sasaki and Ben Brown the pitching matchup Game two of this three game series. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by zen She Handcrafted Sushi. Zen c handcraft and sushi is made fresh daily on site by professionally trained sushi chefs. You can enjoy it with your family. It's affordable on your way to the game, watching, listening to the game, or afterwards. Tunor Roles, Salmon rolls, Tim Purra shrimp the course. Got some mango crunchy dragon roll They got poke bulls. Find Zen She near the deli counter at Ralph's Zen She Handcrafted Sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 11: This is high and tight we are with a twenty twenty four world champion and even more importantly, part of that dog bullpen that carried the Dodgers through October. He is now with the Chicago Cubs and that is the one and only Ryan Breza. Ryan, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no problem, man. Excited to be back in LA.
Speaker 11: Yesterday was a special day for you, I'm sure, being able to not only get your World Series ring, but to have your bullpen mates present you with it.
Speaker 7: What was the feeling? Yeah, it was really cool.
Speaker 10: You know, I didn't really know what to expect, how I was gonna get it, or.
Speaker 7: You know, when they were gonna do it.
Speaker 10: But I really liked how they you know, the bullpen guys brought it out with some of the pitching coaches and Doc was out here and a little more like personal I.
Speaker 7: Guess it was. It was really cool.
Speaker 11: So were you surprised when it was the relievers that you pitch with last year?
Speaker 7: No, not really.
Speaker 10: You know, like we had a pretty good, you know, strong group down there. You know, everybody was pretty close and uh but like I said, I'm glad that that's the way they decided.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 11: How proud are you of what those guys, what you were able to do together as a unit, because it was very unique.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, you know it.
Speaker 10: You know, not having a full staff that was healthy, you know, starting pitching wise, and having to have a couple of bullpen games in the playoffs. You know, it's kind of wild, honestly. You know, you don't see it work out very often for teams that try to do that. You know, most of the teams that you know, win in the playoffs or winning the World Series are have three or four, like you know, fully healthy starting pitchers. But what we were able to do down there and kind of piece it together and even just the team as a whole.
Speaker 11: Was was super special, especially in this day and age where obviously business and baseball kind of bleeds together. What does it say about the character of all of you to kind of put that aside and just be focused on winning.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Like I said, man, it's a different, different atmosphere, different ballgame. You know, once you get to October and you know, I think everybody kind of bought into the idea and you know, whether you're throwing the first inning or the last inning, like you know, just try to go and get twenty seven outs.
Speaker 11: Ryan Brazier, world champion last year with the Dodgers, is our guest. Okay, I want to ask you about these sequence of events Game five of the World Series, not only what Walker Buehler did, but what Blake Trining did. Can you take us through where you were and just what that meant to the team to have Blake and Walker.
Speaker 7: Do what they did. Yeah, so you know, Walker was in.
Speaker 10: I went inside after I pitched and he was on the training table and.
Speaker 7: We scored all those runs.
Speaker 10: And you know, obviously the bullpen came in early that game.
Speaker 7: So Walker was like, all right, you got to.
Speaker 10: Stop working on me because I'm gonna go down to the bullpen. And I'm like, dude, you're think, aren't you supposed to pitch tomorrow or whatever? And anyways, you know, he went down to the bullpen, and you know Blake coming in and getting outs. But Blake was huge, you know, all the whole postseason last year, and he you know, I got big out after big out, and you know, threw more pitches and I think I've ever seen him throw in a game. You know a couple of times during throughout the playoffs, and you know, Walker coming in to shut the door like he did, you know, after after some some rough outings or whatever. Just like I said, just getting twenty seven outs as quick as we can. And you know, everybody was kind of bought into the same idea.
Speaker 11: You know, the visualization I have, the image I have of what you're describing yourself. Included is a US aircraft carrier and they're sending up all these Tomahawk jets and those jets are all you guys, the relievers in that game five.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, I don't know, you know how you want to explain it, but you know it just we knew that we were gonna have to throw a lot of innings as as a group, and you know, just just never wavered on when we were pitching or you know what any it was.
Speaker 7: You know, everybody just was ready. Whatever.
Speaker 11: You're a two time world champion, can you tell us what they're not?
Speaker 9: It's true.
Speaker 11: Whenever you see those guys that you want a world serious with, how close is that bond forever?
Speaker 7: No, it is, you know for sure.
Speaker 10: You know, even guys that I see from eighteen, you know that are still playing or I haven't seen it in a couple of years.
Speaker 7: You know, it's like we haven't spent any.
Speaker 10: Time apart, you know, being here and getting to see you know, the guys here.
Speaker 11: It's just it's been been really cool last couple of days. Ryan Brazier is a big sports fan. So what do you think about my Lakers?
Speaker 10: I mean, obviously I'm a I'm a Mavericks fan, so so no, I you know, listen, I nobody can explain, you know, why or how that happened.
Speaker 7: But you know, I hope Luca wins. I'm I'm a Lebron fan, you know.
Speaker 10: I I guess, out of everybody still in it, I'm kind of.
Speaker 7: Rooting for the Lakers. I guess I'd like to see Luca get it in.
Speaker 10: It'd be kind of a big you know, f you to the to the Mavericks, you know, getting to go and win one. But yeah, you know, I we'll see.
Speaker 11: All right, Maybe I'll get you a seventy seven Lakers jersey.
Speaker 7: I mean, it wouldn't be.
Speaker 10: Against it if I want to get in like an adult medium my.
Speaker 7: Son can wear.
Speaker 11: Okay, love it, love it, and you'll try on your New World series ring.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've already tried it on a couple of times.
Speaker 11: Thanks a lot for the time, Ryan, Always great to catch up with you. And your toughness and your competitiveness and your strength really obviously left a big mark on a lot of guys and I saw it and I.
Speaker 7: Know how much you meant. Thank you very much.
Speaker 11: There he is the world champion, part of the Dogs, Ryan Brazier. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 7: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ryan Brazier, big part of the Dodgers' bullpen a year ago and in October.
Speaker 7: Great to hear him.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com. Leading you up to first pitch Dodgers Incubbies. First pitch coming up at six'. Ten coming up, next we'll dive deeper to this pitching. Matchup don't go. Anywhere, Oh Tim kase is the world. Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network this Is Marongo Casino dodgers on dep on your home for The Blue all Season.
Speaker 2: Low it's The dodgers In cubs On Saturday, Night game two of this three game series From Dodgers. Standium first pitch coming up at six, ten.
Speaker 1: And now before The dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup presented by Your Southern California Toyota. Dealers work hard and play hard in A New tacoma with AN I Force Turbo charts. Engine let's a truck that's built for the. Bold see Your toyota dealer. Today they make it. Easy Ben brown on the mound for The cubs one and one with the seven to seventy One era a twenty five year old right hander thirty third round pick of The phillies but then traded to The cubs in twenty twenty two and made his way up to the major leagues last year With. Chicago making his third start this year four outings this. Season last time, out four, innings five, runs seven, hit five, strikeouts four walks in a loss to The. Padres before, that five solid innings.
Speaker 7: In all win over The.
Speaker 2: A's dodgers saw him In tokyo in relief two and two third, innings three, runs four, hits five, strikeouts three. Walks he's one of The dodgers got after After imanaga pitched four shutout, innings in, fact took the loss against The. Dodgers Roki sasaki on the mound for The. Blue twenty three year old right hander out Of, japan first season in A dodger, uniform making his fourth start this.
Speaker 7: Year he has yet.
Speaker 2: To get past the fourth inning in his first three. Starts made his major league debut against The cubs On march nineteenth In, tokyo going Three, indians giving up one run on one hip and walked five while striking out three in a no. Decision last time, out much better with his control In. Philadelphia it's The dodgers and The. Cubs Roki, Sazaki Ben brown the pitching. Matchup we're fifteen minutes away from first.
Speaker 7: Pitch keys to the.
Speaker 2: Game our Next I'm tim Kas is The world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network as we were saying, This Morongo Casino dodgers On jack on the official home Of La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball dodgers In, Cubs let's head over to the.
Speaker 4: Booth one final Checks Steven. Rick, guys appreciate YOUR.
Speaker 3: Tc back here With Rick monday approaching first, pitch which will be thrown out By Roki sasaki And.
Speaker 4: Moe you saw him In.
Speaker 3: Philadelphia you And tim were on the call at The bank against The, phillies AND i think there were some nerves for everybody outside Of sasaki going into that. Start, gosh it has not been a smooth sailing for him to begin his big league, career and now he's going into one of the most hostile environments in, Sports Citizens Bank ballpark against The. Phillies you can argue with The dodgers the best team in The National, league and what he did was throw his best game of the.
Speaker 4: Season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, YEAH i wrote down a couple of just, phrases if you, will after that. Ballgame he went four, innings was two batters into the, fifth fastball was up to ninety seven miles an. Hour WHEN i wrote down was a much better control and b to your, point he appeared to be much more relaxed in that, ballgame and by, That i'm talking about a much more fluid. Delivery Dave, roberts talking earlier the members of the media, said, look he needs to control that. Splitter he's not always going to get. Hitters that's swinging a splitter if it's a foot or two in front of home. Plate throw it with some consistency in and around that strike. Zone it'll really improve the rest of his pitches on top of. It and that's what we saw him philadelph.
Speaker 3: When we saw more first pitch, strikes which is so huge for. Him the numbers bear that. Out of, course he's trying to rain in the. Walks this is a guy who did not walk a ton of batters when he was pitching In. Japan he has walked the world to start his major league.
Speaker 4: Career BUT i.
Speaker 3: Think we have to continually remind ourselves And dodger fans mo that this is a guy who everybody said needs a. Runway he is nowhere near as accomplished or as polished As yamamoto was coming over From.
Speaker 4: Japan he is, younger and.
Speaker 3: So there has to be a little bit of, leeway some some, slack some rope and a learning curve for him to get his major league legs underneath.
Speaker 6: Him, yeah much much less as far as the experience. Goes and just watch him after he's taken out of the game In. Philadelphia you could just see him finally. EXHALE i think he has, realized, yes it's a different. League, yes there's a lot of hitters That i'm gonna have trouble. With but at the same, TIME i think he's beginning to kind of, Understand, hey, LOOK i know my role now AND i KNOW i can get these hitters.
Speaker 4: Out.
Speaker 6: NOW i have to challenge him the strike.
Speaker 3: Zone and one thing for The dodgers as a, Team tim can take going into this game, tonight they have won each Of sasaki's three games started so far this. Year i'm going to try and make it four here tonight and clinch this series against The.
Speaker 4: Cups all, right first pitch coming.
Speaker 2: Up when the boys In blue play at, home it's important to know they have the right plan to protect the house At Dodger, stadium where they are undefeated this. Year always have a. Plan follow fire safety. Tips for, example create maintained defensible space starting at your, house clear vegetation for your fencing and property, line or if space, allows extend up to one hundred feet from.
Speaker 7: Holm we have first.
Speaker 2: Pitch when we come, back it's The dodgers And. Cuppies well we, return it's Been Rogo Casino dodgers on deck right here on the world Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 7: Network you enjoyed the, game