Speaker 1: There used to be this couple named Martha and CJ. From here in Oklahoma, and a Native American couple that we knew, and they had all kinds of stories. Man, I mean, there is stuff going on all the time where they live. There's still stuff that goes on there in that community on a pretty regular basis. But these people had activity going on their place all the time. Martha had had activity in her life since she was a little girl. And one of the stories that she had from whenever she was younger was actually leading a bigfoot into their house like holding on to its two fingers. She's a little girl, mind you, and she's like walking with this thing through her front door. She opens the front door and walks in, and this bigfoot comes in behind her and kind of like ducks its head underneath the door, and all the men jump up, you know, and they're like trying to get it out of the house and shoot it out of the house, and it just looks at him and goes.
Speaker 2: And turns around and ducks back onto the door and walks off.
Speaker 3: That is the crapiest story of the year. Yeah, I'm done.
Speaker 1: This is Bigfoot Crossroads. My name's Matt and twenty twenty four has left the building. Ladies and gentlemen, we are kicking off twenty twenty five. Man, that just sounds weird to say. I've got Bob and Steven with me from the Fantabulous Bigfoot Club podcast. If you've listened to the show, you've heard them before. If not, you're hearing them now. Guys, thanks for joining me.
Speaker 3: Hey Matt, what's going on? Mat?
Speaker 2: Hey? Guys, We're happy. We're happy to be one. How is your New Year's Eve?
Speaker 3: It was good? Good.
Speaker 4: I mean, we didn't do much. We wrapped up the season last Saturday, so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was We watched The Yellowstone and then I went to bed. Yeah yeah, yeah, we're all old now mm hmm, yep, there we are. I was actually woken up at midnight by the sound of my dog barking at fireworks.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, oh yeah, you have a new dog now.
Speaker 2: I do. I do?
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do kind of a year in wrap up episode, a little question answer thing for the listeners out there, had some people sending some questions, and uh, before we get to that, there's actually a couple things I wanted to talk to you guys. About the first thing that comes to mind. It's been in the headlines everywhere recently. Obviously, the bigfoot community has talked about it. Two Portland men going out to hunt for sasquatch on Christmas Eve unfortunately went missing. Their bodies were found a few days later, and the story is they had died from exposure to the elements. No names have been mentioned as far as I know of. Maybe names will eventually come out, but as of right now, I haven't heard anybody.
Speaker 2: I have asked a.
Speaker 1: Couple of people if they have any idea who these guys were. Nobody seems to know, so I guess it might have just been a couple of randoms, you know, and not people tied to any bigfoot groups or anything.
Speaker 2: But a truly tragic event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would I did see that.
Speaker 4: I think we had talked off air about that.
Speaker 3: That National Forest, it's called Gifford R.
Speaker 1: Gifford Gifford Pinchot National Forest in Scamania County in Washington, so.
Speaker 4: I know it's in Scaminia and it's also in Lewis County as well. But the bfro's got at least fifty three bigfoot side of reports in those counties.
Speaker 1: That part of Washington is like one of the hottest areas for Sasquatch ever. I mean that's where like Mount Saint Helens is and everything, so it's like a really popular place to go. It's hard for me to understand how two guys out looking for Bigfoot could die from exposure to the elements. Every time I've gone out for me, it's like, okay, well you could have gotten back to the vehicle, or you know, I've never even been in an area that didn't have like a little bit of cell phone service of some kind at least close by. But Washington in the Pacific Northwest is an entirely different beast, you know. And it's just really horrible this happened, especially at Christmas time. Man, that's just the worst.
Speaker 4: So when when you first heard this story, did you did you immediately think it was like like Bigfoot that did it? Or they just they just died of elements, Like.
Speaker 2: I wasn't real sure.
Speaker 1: I'm still not, you know, I don't want to turn a story like this into content since people lost their lives, right because we don't know the situation or the actual scenario that took place. I really don't think that it was anybody connected to any of the Bigfoot groups out there firsthand, because I mean I know a lot of those guys and I don't I just don't think they would have caught got caught, you know, unprepared like this, especially in an area like that. I think most people try to be as prepared as possible, but you know, humans make mistakes, and it's just it just goes to show you that regardless, you know, take the element of bigfoot out of it, just the act of looking for bigfoot is a dangerous hobby for anyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I did a little bit of research on this, and there was a gentleman by the name of John Hopkins and he was a Seattle resident, sixty nine years old. He disappeared on November the twenty twenty two. And then there was a gentleman by the name of Christopher Zick Wickets. He disappeared in twenty thirteen. And then schemina County sheriff, stated on an article that at least twelve other people have been missing in that area as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I talked to a buddy of mine out there, Todd Hill with the Olympic Project, and he was talking about Yet people go missing all the time out there. I mean, it's a regular event unfortunately. But you know, again, the terrain and everything, it's like completely different than it is where we live. But it seems like the media did what the media does, and since they were like out looking for bigfoot at the time, that's what got pushed in the headlines and everything, and they really used it for the attention grab on the article. So I'm not going to be surprised if we don't hear anything more about this, or if we never get the names, because I think the media has kind of gotten their goodie out of it and they're done with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A little follow up thing though, one of the search and rescue teams that was involved in searching for these men after they found the bodies, like the very next night, their trailer got broken into and all their equipment stolen.
Speaker 3: That's odd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they made a post on the internet about it, asking, you know, if anybody's got any information or whatever.
Speaker 6: But it's just like, wow, jeez, maybe they saw something they weren't supposed to. And it's just events like this are so difficult to cover because you want to be respectful to the family and friends and you know, the men that lost their lives, and I know everybody wants information, and you know, plenty of people are going to start speculating us to.
Speaker 1: What could have happened. Is there a cover up involved? You know, did they find what they were looking for and met their demise? But you know, we're probably just not going to get the information. That's not anything that anybody would ever come out with. So I hope that the Bigfoot world, you know, kind of lets these guys rest in peace.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: And in other news, drones in New Jersey aka UFOs in New Jersey aka government vehicles flying over New Jersey and everywhere else in the United States. Another huge headline at the end of this year or last year now that you know, was just plastered everywhere and talking about speculation running wild. It certainly took off with that, but I was surprised to see none other than Matt Moneymaker of the BFRO posting about it, and not only posting about it, but publicly admitting that he has seen orbs out in the woods while looking for Bigfoot, and so have other BFRO members, and that it's like a common thing apparently, even though he's never really talked about it or admitted to it previously.
Speaker 4: You know, I can honestly say because Stephen and I we actually interviewed Carter Bischard and he's a former BFRO guy, and he has he has said on our show that anytime he ran into orbs, right, anything he ran into orbs or anything supernatural ist, that the BFRORO would scrub it off. So I thought, that's kind of odd.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 4: I don't know, he just said that they just didn't like any of the supernatural aspect of it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, they build themselves and I'm not trying to turn this into a bash the BFRO session, but I mean they've build themselves as the only scientific organization searching for Bigfoot. I mean, that's how they presented themselves on their website for years. That's not very scientific to scrub information out of the reports. I mean, yeah, I'm not saying, you know, to make a connection between orbs and Bigfoot, but if you're out looking for bigfoot and you see orbs, that should be documented. I mean, if you're out looking for bigfoot and you see a bear, that should be documented. So I don't understand what the problem is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like that one at all.
Speaker 1: But we've been talking about orbs for a long time. You know, you've seen a strange light anomaly while out looking for Bigfoot. It's something that I talk to guests about regularly on the show, and it's like, oh, wow, so you're finally admitting to orbs existing. Cool, thanks for catching up with the rest of the class.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's almost like it's like, you know, he's finally given in or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's just one of those things that get with the times, and I guess he's finally doing it living now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me read a little bit of what he wrote. He says, BFRO people including myself have seen these new Jersey drones several times over the years. We've seen these things enough times and in enough places to notice a pattern. The locations were always devoid of any humans except for us. For miles in any direction, we could see these bright crafts dropping in and out of remote mountain valleys, big dark areas with no roads or mark trails. It seemed these luminous objects, which bobbed around like big, lazy flying bugs in the dark mountain valleys, were intentionally trying to stay as far away from humans as possible, as if they were trying to stay out of our view, just like bigfoots prefer. Also, these drones are nothing new to us, but the behavioral difference is striking. Now they are trying to be seen. They were doing the opposite before.
Speaker 4: Do you think he's just trying to stay relevant inside the news or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, it kind of sounds like he might try to be cashing in on a hot topic, you know, on Twitter, using hashtags and stuff. Yeah, he's making a connection here to the New Jersey drones, claiming that the New Jersey drones and the orbs that he has witnessed himself out in the woods looking for Bigfoot are the same thing.
Speaker 2: Whenever. I don't think that's been established at all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean since October the first, twenty twenty four, there's like eight hundred thousand drones that are being registered to the FAA in the like in the US.
Speaker 3: I mean I have a drone. I don't. I don't have it registered. I mean there's some many drones.
Speaker 4: Right, It's hard, it's I mean, some people are probably like reapport duplicate sightings or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that make it seem like it's so many. I don't know. I'm just.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know that the UFO world has jumped on this thing, and I know that people think that there's some grand conspiracy at work.
Speaker 2: But I would ask.
Speaker 1: Everyone to take pause for a second and just back up a little bit. Like you're saying, there are hundreds of thousands of people with drones out there. Anybody can own a drone, it's not a big deal. Hardly anybody actually registers their drones. So the numbers of people that are registering the drones, that's the minority of drone owners. So you take that into consideration. Then you take into consideration it started right around the time that people start putting up Christmas lights, and I know that there are people hear that fly drones and take video and pictures of buildings and Christmas lights and everything else all the time. Then you've got helicopters doing light tours. You've got airplane. My wife Leslie went up in an airplane to look at Christmas lights last year, like a little private airplane. So like there's lots of air traffic going on around Christmas time especially, and whenever you have this stuff getting sensationalized on the Internet by people just trying to use it for content. People are gonna, you know, start reporting every single light they see in the sky. Yeah, and I don't think that, like, I never saw anything that I would consider anything other than just like a man made drone, just like a regular you know, available to consumer drone being flown around in the sky. I think it got a lot of attention because of the Internet. I think there was a lot of fake videos out there that said, you know, like oh look and showing some crazy CGI thing that they created and claiming that they captured this footage over New Jersey, and people just ran with it. They went crazy with it like they always do.
Speaker 4: You know what really bugged me is that when theyever the the federal government is saying they don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: That's what really really bugged me the most. Yeah, they know what it is, they do, they know where it's going.
Speaker 1: But see I read like a couple of reports where it was saying like the local police didn't ask the federal government for help, So like they're not going to get involved in something if they haven't been asked to get involved in something, and they're not going to get involved in something like, I mean drones, are they really going to care? Like what are they going to do? And then on top of that, if you do see a strange drone up in the sky as a law enforcement officer or a federal employee of some kind and you want to go see that drone to see what it is, you're going to send up another they're drone to go look at it. You can't go chase it around with a helicopter or anything. So now you're putting another drone in this guy. And now that drone is getting reported as some crazy UFO. I think it's a lot of tel chasing man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then the FAA they have, you know, there's rules because they consider that like a like almost like a commercial plane. You can't you can't shoot it down, you can't right knock it down. So it's like only like the the DOJ and the FBI, and I think there's another government entity that can do something about it.
Speaker 1: I think one of them crashed or something in New Jersey and like you know, the fire department and police came out and Hasmat came out, and everybody was like, well, why such a response if it's just a drunk Well, because it's a drone because it is treated like an aircraft. And that's what happens whenever an aircraft crashes, even though it's something little. They don't know, like maybe it's a terrorist that has some sort of chemical warfare attached to it. Maybe the battery he's leaking, like who knows. You know how regulations are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some of them are big too. Some of those drones are big, some of them are small.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's another thing. I can go out right now and buy a drone that has a seven foot wingspan, like that's a normal thing to do. So it's not crazy to think that people are flying these giant drones that could be loaded with anything, because they can. They literally can. There was a guy that I was talking to for a while out on the West Coast that we were actually going to partner with on a project involving Bigfoot. And that's what this guy does is he builds custom drones for people, and he built drones for the United States government. He built drones for the police Department, like giant drones, like twelve feet wide drones, not like the little djis that you buy it Best Buy. So, like, these things do exist and people own them and they fly them around.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like I said, tell chasing people running wild with it, And I know there's people listening to the show that are going to be like, well I saw on TikTok and it was an alien Like Okay, good for you, man. I don't care. I'm just telling you my opinion on this. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's a huge alien invasion that just for some reason is interested in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Jersey devil yep, Jersey Devil drone.
Speaker 1: So on social media, I asked around a few places for people to send in questions that they might like to hear asked on a question and answer session, and these are some of the ones I got.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 1: One is from Lauren, what is your most mind blowing bigfoot experience that you personally had, also that you have heard from someone else. The most mind blowing bigfoot experience that I've personally had is probably going to be the one where I didn't actually see a bigfoot. It's probably going to be the one where I believe that a bigfoot came in and checked the door handles on my vehicle and tried to get into it, which sounds crazy, but that's what happened camping. Woke up one of those startled awakes where you suddenly wake up and you don't know why you're awake. So I laid there listening, and I could hear something walking just outside the tent wall, very quietly. And then I heard something else walking in front of the tent. My vehicle has parked a few feet away from me. I can't see anything. It's the middle of the night. And I heard something whispering to something else. Couldn't tell what they were saying. Then I heard the distinct sound of the door handle, like the car handle snapping back down, like if you lift it up on the handle and it slipped out of your fingers and slammed back down from the spring. And at that point I thought, somebody is trying to break into the vehicles. They're still in our stuff. I had a firearm with me. I grabbed it, put my feet in my boots, grabbed my spotlight. Realized that the lanterns outside the tent had been turned off. We had three of them lit before we turned in, and all three of them were off. I wasn't sure what time it was, but typically those lanterns would have lasted around eight hours, and I knew it hadn't been eight hours, and so there was no way that all three of them had already ran out of fuel. So that kind of freaked me out. So I decided to try and wake up the other guys that were with me. One of them was like partially deaf in one ear and sound asleep, didn't even hear me. The other guy heard me, so he woke up and met me outside the tents. Because I I thought about it for a while, and I didn't want to just go busting out of the tent with the gun because in my mind, there's people out there and maybe they're armed, and I'm like, in a national park, I'm not even supposed to have a firearm.
Speaker 2: What am I going to do? Am I just going to start shooting at them?
Speaker 1: So I thought it was best just to yell at my buddy and let these people.
Speaker 2: Run off if that's what they wanted to do.
Speaker 1: The problem was never heard, anybody run off, didn't hear anything. Came out of the tent, shining the spotlight around nothing. There's nothing anywhere, no movement, no sound. The park's empty. Nothing in the vehicle is taken. The car doors were actually unlocked, and my wallet and stuff was like laying in the center console. There was like a walkie talking and another spotlight I think, laying on the seat. Nothing was taken, So yeah, that was kind of weird. Buddy called the park ranger to report, you know, that we had prowlers at our campsite, because I mean I heard the footsteps and I heard the voices, and I heard the door handle, so like, still, it's definitely somebody. It's not an animal. It's not a raccoon getting into the cooler or anything. And the other guy wakes up and he's like, did you check for tracks? Well, no, I didn't check for tracks. Why did I check for tracks? So I shined the spotlight over by the side of the tent where I first heard the footsteps, and you could clearly see barefoot five toes impressions in the pea gravel around the campsite next to the tent. The other one coming in front of the tent, tracked them as they left the campsite area. One of them actually stepped between the two tents that we had out there and this space. It's like I had a huge tint at the time, it was like eight by twelve feet, and then there was another little dome tent next to it, probably about the way that we had them set up. The tents were side by side, so there was maybe a ten inch gap between them, and something that wasn't wearing shoes and had a human shaped footprint stepped one step in between the tents, and then the next step was on the back side of the tent, so at least an eight foot stride in total. Wow, couldn't find anything. Man couldn't find anything. And all the lanterns still had fuel in them and had been turned off. The knobs had been turned to the off position.
Speaker 3: Bad. That's creepy right now, dude, Yeah, I got did you Did you smell anything?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 4: So when the last you heard of it, it was it was bestling with your door handle.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it was like, So I woke up and I knew that something must have woken me up, or at least that's what I thought, you know, And so like I laid there just like listening intently, and I heard the footsteps right next to my tent. Well, now keep in mind, we were expecting people from out of town to arrive in the middle of the night, and that's why we had the lanterns on so they could see where we were camped at and everything and have light to come in and set up their tent or whatever. So I thought it was them trying to be quiet at first, and then I heard the other one walking in front of the tent, and then I heard the whispering. So I just like kind of sat there and you know, because I couldn't tell who it was. And then I heard the car door handle and I was like, well, now, hold on a second. And that was right around the time that I noticed that the lanterns were off, and so my mind just started, you know, lanterns off, door handle, whispering, somebody's trying to steal our stuff. And so then it was like, you know, the process of like, okay, well what do you do about it? And uh, instead of going out guns blazing, I decided to I popped the spotlight on a couple of times, you know, just a flash it and like listen, nothing yelled for the other guy. And uh that's whenever we came out of the tents and everything.
Speaker 4: So the vehicles are in gravel, right yeah, yeah, okay, right, next to the vehicle.
Speaker 3: Is there grass.
Speaker 1: So the way that it is is there's like a paved asphalt road that kind of has like a branch of it that curves off and it's like a half circle drive. And then there's these boulders that like sit at the edge of the road, so you can't drive a vehicle into the campsite. And my vehicles parked on the sit side of those boulders right next to my tent. And then the entire campsite itself is that pea gravel, so there's no grass or anything. There's just like the pea gravel, a boulder and the asphalt road and woods.
Speaker 4: You know, I am so amazed at something because I hear so many stories from your from your end and then from other people how these these creatures are. They're heard walking around and then all of a sudden they're gone, yeah, without a sound, and and like stuff, you know, even like a like an armadillo or raccoon just walking through the woods that makes a loud a loud sound. Yeah, And for them to be this size and then walk away, even if it's a person, they're walking off in the woods.
Speaker 1: So there's like two of them and there was no running off sound. There is no like feet hitting the pavement running. There was no crashing through the woods, none of that. And whenever we tracked them, like it went between the tents and out the back, while the other one went the opposite direction and like kind of went with the road away from the tent. So they went in two different directions. And the one that went like, I mean, why didn't I hear it step between the tents and go into the woods behind the tent? Yeah, And like it we could see where it stepped between the tents, and then we could see where its other foot landed behind the tents, and then the next foot was in the trees gone, And I mean this is like on pea gravel, So like we could see the impression of the foot and you could count the toes and see the outline of the foot and everything, but there was like no way to cast this stuff. Yeah, and they weren't like exceptionally huge tracks. I think the largest one was probably around twelve or thirteen inches and the other one was like an inch or two smaller than that one. The other guy had already called the park rangers office before I saw the tracks on the ground. So the ranger showed up and we had to file a report and everything, and the three of us are like sitting in my tent waiting for the ranger to get there, and I'm telling them exactly what happened before they woke up, and we're talking about the tracks and everything, and I look at him, I said, I don't think we should tell the ranger about the tracks. And at that moment, the ranger turns on his flashlight. He's standing right there looking at us. He had walked in from the opening of the park, like where the campsite is, because it's like separate, separated into different like campground areas, and the road that leads into where we were at. He had parked at the entrance and walked in in the dark. And this guy, this park ranger, it was kind of weird because this park is known for bigfoot sightings, like tourists have bigfoot sidings there each year and stuff. And this guy got transferred from the Pacific Northwest as a park ranger to come work in a park in Oklahoma, and we just always thought that was kind of strange. And he was the guy that worked the graveyard shift by himself, in this park.
Speaker 4: I guess he wanted the element of surprise.
Speaker 2: I guess so.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we didn't hear him walk up, so it is possible that a person can walk up without making any noise. But yeah, so he was standing there. We told him what happened, and you know, he was like, well, there's nobody else in this park. I just walked in on the only road that comes in here. Didn't see anybody, didn't hear anybody. He's like, did you see any flashlights or anything?
Speaker 2: It was like nope.
Speaker 1: And he was like, well, they didn't pass me, So the only other way that they could come in is to walk seven miles through the woods. I was just like, well, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what all of that is.
Speaker 1: One thing, But turning off the lanterns, man, what what is that? What is turning like? How is that even a thing? How is that even possible?
Speaker 4: That sounds like they're veterans, that's what. It sounds like. They've done it before, They've.
Speaker 5: Come across the lanterns before, and or one of them was like messing with them. You know, they were like they figured it out, and oh do that one to this.
Speaker 2: Oh I was out, dude. I was out after that happened.
Speaker 1: You know, this was in my prime, you know, my peak bigfoot field days, and at that point I was like, nope, I'm not doing this.
Speaker 2: That does that's oh dude.
Speaker 1: I didn't go back into the woods. I left after that trip and went home and did not go back into the woods for a long time because I just I couldn't wrap my head around it. I mean, eventually we got to the part where we were like, okay, well, you know they do hang around this park. They see people can maybe they've just observed people turning those little knobs to turn off the lanterns, and they've seen it happen so many times that one of them figured out to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I wouldn't be surprised. I mean, they watch a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Or there was two people that went barefoot and didn't use flashlights and hiked seven miles through the woods to snoop around our campsite and turn off our lanterns, and then ran off back into the woods in different directions without making any noise and without using flashlights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's possible, possible.
Speaker 1: The story that stands out that I've heard from someone else is definitely well, Bob, you were the first guy I talked to about this, the old man at the hospital that told me he had shot one when he was a kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you didn't get his name, and we always think about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't get any of his information.
Speaker 1: Forgot that I had a podcast where I talked to people about their bigfoot experiences. I mean, it just never even crossed my mind. It was a really like emotional moment for him and me. I mean, obviously for him he had tears well up in his eyes and everything. But it was just a random chance encounter where we were crossing paths in a hospital waiting room and I happened to be wearing a big foot shirt.
Speaker 4: That always gets me too, because that you you wearing that shirt prompted that exchange, that emotional exchange between you both, and I thought that was that was great.
Speaker 1: And I'm not a bigfoot shirt guy. Okay, I love bigfoot. I have a podcast, but I don't wear a lot of bigfoot shirts.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I that one. It's kind of a weird deal. You know, my wife's parents gave it to me. Her father passed away and that's whenever I started wearing the shirt, you know, I felt bad because I didn't wear it before. And it's just kind of like a connection, you know, like an emotional connection to him and everything, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wear it as a lucky shirt.
Speaker 1: And you know, that day I was going in for some tests and I wanted to wear my lucky shirt and that's why I had it on. What about you guys, what's your what's the biggest Bigfoot experience that stands on in your minds?
Speaker 4: I had to be one when we were together. Yeah right, I was gonna say big Sandy, Big Sandy. Yeah I was. We were out with Luke and Billy Simmons, Tim Clay and it was another paranormal group that was there. We were originally there to do paranormal because it was a Civil Wars cemetery and so there was a lot of history of getting EVPs and stuff like that and orbs there. So we accompanied this paranormal group there and there was also Bigfoot sightings in that area as well, and so as soon as they were done with their with their their paranormal session, we we did a couple of yells and we did a couple of tree docks and we got responses like immediately and it was like your first time out right, See, well it was my first time, I guess getting an actual callback. Yeah, and then other stuff, little stuff that you've always mentioned, and they were just coming in left and right, and it was it was a perfect storm because like we we had did a couple of tree docks, Matt, and then I did a yell because I'm I'm famous for my yell, and so I did a yell and within maybe two minutes, we got a yell like maybe at like three hundred yards to our right, and then we got another yell maybe to our left, and it was like there were they were coming to our area to see what what was going on.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 4: We were facing the woods and there was a road behind us, probably like I don't know, like thirty forty yards and there was no lights out there, There was no power lines, there was nothing. And to our left was a creek that a small creek tributary that went to the road and went under the road. It was like a little bitty bridge maybe like thirty yards down down the road. And as we were hearing these tree knocks, one of us, I think it was Billy Simmons had a light and he was flashed it towards the creek to our left, and then we had eye shine about eight feet off the ground and we all said eye shine and it was like it was like red red eyes, right yeah. And so as we noticed it, then we got pelted by rocks from across the street and you could hear it because it was hitting all these rocks were hitting these tree canopy leaves and it was going through the trees and you were hearing. And then we hit the round but thud and I we go. We got rocks behind us. As soon as we turned to like the behind us where the rocks were coming from, Matt the ice shines were gone. Yeah, they were gone. And then there was maybe within thirty seconds, it was a truck hauling hauling down the road and it was heading toward you can hear it.
Speaker 5: It's one of those old trucks that was the head that like you can hear it. And my first thought was like, man, this is gonna scare whatever we're getting, it's going to.
Speaker 3: Scare it away. Yeah, this sucks.
Speaker 5: This this is oh well, like it was, it was well lasted, and then it passed us, and then it happened.
Speaker 4: As soon as it got to that that part, Matt, where the with the where the creek met the road the road, it slammed on the brakes right before it hit the creek, and we all ran to the road to see because we couldn't see from that.
Speaker 3: We could just see like the tail lights.
Speaker 4: And then it backed up little bit and then hauled ass and then continue to hall Ass and then within maybe like four or five minutes, one of the constable or local sheriff was driving by and he stopped and asked us, Hey, what do y'all do?
Speaker 3: And you know, and we're like, hey, none of your business.
Speaker 4: So that was probably the because I told Steve and I said, Man, I go, it's like, Matt, it's taking me months, like in certain counties to get some kind of reaction, like some kind of like tree knocks or yells or eyeshine, it's taking me months to get it. And I took Steven out despite that second or third time, and he gets all three, all three at the same I go, Man, you better be lucky because we don't normally get that. Yeah, So I thought it was interesting, and uh, it's one of those one of those deals.
Speaker 5: And then after that, Uh, I guess you could say I was marked because we went to Concho. I guess after that, and then you did a yell there and then we got a callback yeah on that one called sweet A again. But the people that were with were very terrified and we had to leave. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you if we stayed right there, we would have got more. Yes, yeah, we'd have got we'd have more stuff.
Speaker 4: And I guess you could kind of say, Matt, that Steven's my lucky charm whenever we got.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something about that, because I just talked about this recently on here.
Speaker 2: Bigfoot calls used to not be a thing.
Speaker 1: Like people didn't think that it was possible to elicit a response from doing vocalizations and everything.
Speaker 2: Why were you doing calls?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Where did you learn about that?
Speaker 4: Uh? I think I got it from from Luke. Luke Gross he was he was really good at doing calls, and he you know, he kind of kind of thought that it almost I almost equate it to like paranormal stuff whenever you you kind of prompt a ghost or entity to to respond to you. And so he kind of he kind of felt like it was he kind of felt like the the bigfoot in I think Lamar County, in Delta County, Hopkins County, and Texas was they were very aggressive for some reason, and he felt by doing a call that it would it would invoke something to come check out what was in the area.
Speaker 3: So that's that's where I got it from.
Speaker 4: Because he said that these bigfoots in these areas were very very aggressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he would rent of the cage. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, like I just remember, you know, call blasting. Uh, the BFRO was doing that specifically with the Ohio Howe recording, but people weren't really doing calls until later on. And now it's like become so normal, you know, It's like going out there and doing wood knocks now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that was just the normal thing to do. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I never really thought of like where where did we get this from? I just know that you got it from Luke because Luke started doing it. I think when we were there, Luke was the one that started the hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you did your.
Speaker 5: The tree knock and you got like the I remember you picking up a big stick, yeah, and then you like you slammed it three times, and I think the third time it broke, Well, I had I had a baton with me too. I don't think you used a baton. I think he used a stick. And because I remember you breaking it, you're like, oh, and then Luke goes that nice one, Bob, So uh yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think that's what the whole thing. I think you got it from Luke.
Speaker 1: I just really think that bigfoot calls originated, like doing calls out in the field like that. I think they originated here in the South.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think I ever like in the early years whenever, because you and I got started with bigfoot almost at the exact same time, right, yeah, late late late nineties, early two thousands, and that at that time I was I was communicating with Eric Altman in the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society, and I was sharing what I was doing with them, and they were sharing what they were doing, and they never said anything about bigfoot calls or tree n OCKX or anything like that. They were talking about like I think, uh, like uh, wood wood they were finding like woodstacks of just like piles of wood or or just like some kind of picture graphs or something like that. So but I you know, I think you're right on that though.
Speaker 1: So Jeremiah asked. Jeremiah of Bigfoot Society Podcast wants to know what are the top three interviews you've done on your show that you hope to be remembered for. I hope I haven't done them yet.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. That's actually a good answer.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's there's like some that definitely stand out, you know, that I've enjoyed personally. Uh, there's some that I've done that I feel are really that I hope people got everything out of it that they could on both sides for the guest and the listener. But yeah, man, I'm not done, you know. I hope my best is yet to come. So that's kind of what I'm going with on that.
Speaker 3: Can I can I say which ones I like the most? Sure?
Speaker 4: The ones that stand out to me. This is a recent one that you did of the gentleman that was he was military and he was taking he was taking his buddy out. This was in the Pacific Northwest and he got shadowed out by by two Bigfoot, know three three Bigfoot and so to me and he was going over some of the some of the things he's done, some of the you know, he's he's done some deeds, and you know, he's been in some pretty rough spatch you know, patches and places in the world, and so he's seen lots of stuff and this thing really really scared him. And for him to be this scared and to get shadowed out up an area and him not want to go back out to go hunting again, man, that really really set it's it's you know, it's stuck. It's it's it's stuck with me pretty good.
Speaker 1: So something else about him in particular is that, you know, sometimes we'll vet guests that come on our shows, you know, we'll have a phone call with them and talk to them and everything. He vetted me, he wanted to tell it to me and see who I was and fill me out before he came on the show to talk about it, because he didn't want to talk about it. He was actually a guest on the Sailor Sasquatch YouTube channel. They they found him and his wife, yeah, and they kind of set up the introduction between us or whatever. And that's the only reason he did the show was just because he had met them and knew that they were good people and they were vouching for me and everything. And that's the only and he had even talked to me, and yeah, he he doesn't want to really be put out there or anything. You know, he's not interested in any sort of notoriety or fame or anything with his story. And another thing that stood out about that particular part of it, if you were to talk to me long enough about bigfoot research and things that I believe I know about these things, I would talk about how I think that they oftentime travel in threes and will use triangulation in hunting and with people. And he brought that up and that's not like something that's just you're not going to get that from watching Expedition Bigfoot, you know.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, and you could you could actually hear you know, his tone whenever he was talking about it. There's certain parts of his story that he would stop, you know, and and pause, and you can that's that's whenever whenever you talk to someone who actually seen a bigfoot, that's when you can tell, Okay, this is real. This guy didn't make it up. You know he doesn't. There's no there's no gain to it. And you know he tells the story because you know, you were a good source.
Speaker 3: And I think he's not telling that story again, right.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I mean he said he wasn't going to, but I mean he can obviously change his mind in the future. But yeah, I felt very honored and privileged for him to come on the show and share a story with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a good one.
Speaker 4: One of the other ones that that that always it's the last seed memory, was the one in Mexico.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one, that one.
Speaker 4: I think I listened to that one like three or four times, and just her story in Mexico.
Speaker 3: So so Steve and I were just intrigued with that one.
Speaker 2: Why is that.
Speaker 4: Just because you know, you you hear more in Mexico about bigfoots, but you never I've never heard of a story. Yeah, to hear that story, to have some kind of you know, you know, validation for it. It just to me, this is what has been waiting for for a story like in Mexico.
Speaker 1: To me, it's just crazy because like, okay, so two girls going on vacation in Mexico, you know, just being free, living life. You don't expect to come home with a bigfoot story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little alone from Mexico.
Speaker 1: I mean, to me, that was crazy I had never talked to anybody with a bigfoot sighting in Mexico.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't think, like, forested land is not something that comes to mind whenever I think of Mexico. I know, they definitely, especially in some of the coastal regions, have like jungle and stuff like that, but it wasn't anything. I don't know, I just never thought about it.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: I never even connected bigfoot to Mexico. And so whenever she told me, I was like what. And she wanted to be pretty private about the location, but she told me the location off air and everything, and you know, I google earthed it and it's just like, wow, this looks like you know, any place in like.
Speaker 2: The Pacific Northwest. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not quite the same elevation, but just like the terrain. I mean, there's no people, it's just all forest land.
Speaker 4: Do you think and I'm just asking a question here, do you think this Bigfoot was on vacation?
Speaker 1: I mean maybe so, you know, maybe he was down there sipping some margeritas, having some authentic coco.
Speaker 3: Sorry, this is the same signing where they were jamming. That's in you right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so maybe the big wasn't treated by the music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could have been a combination of things.
Speaker 1: So it was just like another classic roadside siding. You know, if you do this long enough, bigfoot are typically seen whenever you have a roadside signing like that or a road crossing, it's usually at.
Speaker 2: A curve in the road or where the road.
Speaker 1: Like goes down between two hills or something where it seems like possibly their senses are obscured for a minute. And this was that exact scenario. I mean they were coming around like this sharp curve and this thing was just standing there, yeah, doing the same thing. I've talked to witnesses in the Pacific Northwest on the show that like had the same exact siding in an entirely different location, but the same behavior everything.
Speaker 4: I've interviewed somebody from Australia that had that same that same stuff with Yawiy's so, but this this bigfoot took a.
Speaker 3: Swing at the car. Yep.
Speaker 2: So that's crazy.
Speaker 3: That was that was interesting.
Speaker 4: The third one I want to say that it's just it's stuck in my mind. It was the one I can't you know, forgive me if I don't remember the number or the person's name, but it was the one about the lady that saw a bigfoot, a younger bigfoot in the creek bed. It was like a broken limb, broken leg, or it had a compound fracture. It was bleeding or something something. And uh, because I've never heard of a story of her bigfoot, her bigfoot.
Speaker 2: That's not it, Go ahead say it, just as.
Speaker 4: The one where where the bigfoot jumped over the lady and we called.
Speaker 3: It a tea bag.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, she definitely knew it was a mal.
Speaker 3: I was building up to it.
Speaker 5: Math Yeah, He's like, no, that's not it.
Speaker 3: And he's gone, okay, sorry, But that.
Speaker 1: Was another another classic bigfoot thing we hear. You have to look at the psychological and social aspects to the stories whenever it comes to the witnesses. And at the time, she had like a toddler and her husband was like going to work and they were living out of like a small RV. They were trying to make ends meet, and she was in a situation that was very high stress and high emotion whenever that took place, Like, I don't want to go into details or anything, but there were some aspects to that story which ring true. With other stories that we've heard over the years where bigfoot sightings happen in situations where there's a person who is in a vulnerable emotional state and upset at the time.
Speaker 2: Kind of odd, kind of odd.
Speaker 1: Jeremiah also asked, and I appreciate Jeremiah for asking this, have you ever heard the mushroom Hunter bigfoot sound? It sure is a haunting piece of audio. What are your thoughts on its origins? Well, I'm so glad you asked. So, there's this piece of video out there called the mushroom Hunter video where this guy is out hunting mushrooms in the woods and he hears.
Speaker 3: This horrible scream, roar.
Speaker 1: Howl sound, and I mean it's terrifying. And this piece of video went viral. It's been featured on a couple different television shows. It's racked up millions of views on the Internet. And it is a hoax. And the reason I know that it's a hoax is because I created the audio on my computer myself. I don't mean I duplicated it. I mean I created that audio back in the early two thousands because I wanted something to be able to put on the Internet for whenever people said that they heard Bigfoot. I was like, okay, well compare it to this, because this is something that I had heard something similar to this and wasn't able to record it at the time down in Texas, so I tried to recreate it at home, and then I put it on the Internet for other people to hear. Stan Courtney posted on his website and apparently at some point in time someone on the internet grabbed it and since then it gets used for nefarious purposes over and over and over, several times a year. I feel like I'm running around doing damage control about this piece of audio. It pops up all the time. There's even a person who made a YouTube video completely unrelated to Bigfoot. It's like the whole claymation style, like the old sindbad movies, you know, like the claymation monsters. It's two dinosaurs fighting, you know, some old piece of film footage that was like made in the nineteen fifties, and they put that sound on there as the audio for the dinosaurs fighting. Yeah, it doesn't even make sense. I mean, it's just like, you know, I don't really care about that, But just this past month I saw it pop up on a TikTok video where somebody was using it on their TikTok video saying that it was something that they had recorded. There's a video of a bunch of little dogs I believe they're Frenchies or something, or pugs or something that go running towards the woods because they hear this crazy roard. That's the sound like that video. Like it's gone viral too. It gets used all the time.
Speaker 4: So I can actually say you who make you famous? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I never got viral off of that. I never went viral from making that sound. I think right now there's a clip of it actually on like History Channel's official YouTube page.
Speaker 3: Wow, they need to pay you, dude.
Speaker 2: Yep, they're not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Jody Foster Chisholm, she was a guest on the show, really enjoyed talking to her. She wants to know the most common area slash place in Oklahoma for Bigfoot sightings in the year twenty twenty four. Well, now that gets tricky, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Which area? There's a lot of area?
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty twenty four, there is definitely some activity around the Fort Gibson Lake area.
Speaker 2: I believe I was not.
Speaker 1: Involved in any of those investigations obviously, but I did hear a few things.
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 1: You have southeastern Oklahoma, you know, the typical area. It's always high in bigfoot activity every year, let alone twenty twenty four, and there's still bigfoot stuff going around. And you know, kind of the south central area of Oklahoma, out past Oklahoma City and everything. It stays pretty constant out in that area as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear.
Speaker 1: Things all the time, the lot in area, yep, lots of stuff around Mount Scott. There's some projects in the work that I can't discuss because they don't involve me or anything, so I don't want to, you know, do any of that. But yeah, there's there's stuff coming out in the future about Oklahoma that might enlighten a lot of people on some of the activity going on here.
Speaker 4: People don't know that there's a lot of activity in that state, and I would I would put your state up against any other state because there's probably a lot of them that don't get reported because there's so much activity at activity in that whole state.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's stuff going on. A guy that's supposed to come on and do a show with me in the near future told me some stories that are going to be a major deal. Yeah, I've already I've already asked him if I can, you know, pass his information along to some researchers. I know, yeah, so again, hopefully I'll be able to get him on here, he said, he wud come on. I've talked to him on the phone, you know, I know what he's experienced and everything, and I'm definitely excited about.
Speaker 2: Having him on.
Speaker 1: It's some crazy stuff and it's an area that I know very well. I know some other people that know this area very well. If this kind of stuff's going on there, man, oh man, how's that exciting? Yeah? Yeah, subscribe and follow the podcast to hear about it. James Barker, here's a fun one. Hypothetically you stumble on a Sasquatch body miles in the woods, freshly dead. What is your plan, Steven go.
Speaker 5: First of all, I would because if I'm coming across a dead body, bigfoot body, especially a bigfoot body, I would.
Speaker 3: Check the area to see if there's any other bigfoot watching me.
Speaker 5: They're probably going to be Yeah, and I'm gonna say it out loud, like, hey, I didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that me?
Speaker 5: I came, I came across this, and then I would call Bigfoot Club and Bigfoot cross Roads and be like, hey, man, I asked someone, Well, first of all, anywhere, if I'm gonna be out in the woods, Robert's gonna be with me. Yeah, I'm sorry, that's just how it is. If I'm by myself in the woods, something's wrong. Yeah, Uh so Robert's gonna be with me. So we're probably gonna call you, Matt, first of all. And then also we're gonna we're gonna take video too, yeah, of the area, pictures, all that stuff, and uh yeah at this point, like you don't, don't, I don't even I'm afraid to call the authorities on.
Speaker 3: That, yuse Uh I think we would, we would just call you, Matt. What would you do?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think the best course of action is to uh take as much video as possible.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Obviously safety as a concern. We're assuming that in this situation you're not surrounded by other Bigfoot trying to retrieve the body and haul it off or get you away from it. So in that scenario, take as much video as possible. And then if you have any sort of device that can cut. I'm taking fingers with me toes whatever I can get. I'm not going to try to haul out an entire body, and I'm not going to try to chance that the body will still be there the next time anybody comes back. So I'm going to be cutting off something that I can take back with me, and I'm going to video me cutting it off. I'm going to be videoing the entire time. After I'm done with the video, and after I've done all that, I'm on the phone. I'm calling people that I trust and telling them what I just found, where I found it at, and everything else. And then I'm uploading all that stuff onto the Internet as quickly as possible, and once it's in cyberspace, it should be spread around fast enough that they can't make it disappear.
Speaker 5: I feel like you would take a finger and be like, well, that's that's probably from something else, and they would try to like discredit it.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, there's a video of me cutting the finger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's video. There's you know, it's on the internet. It's on YouTube. Everybody's got a copy of it. Nobody says you have to deal with the United States. We have the internet now, so you can like reach out to whoever you want to, like, think about people that want to cash in on it, that have a lot of money, that's who you want to call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think if it were me, like the old Robert, would probably do the same thing you guys are doing. You know, take pick, take video, take take a body part, take something. I would call like a school or a university and say, hey, this is what I have. Come cash in on this, and you know, just put my name on it. I don't care. Just put my name on it, because just just having your name attached to it, you're you're going to be like can ikon after that. But the Robert, now, if I just if i'd I find a dead body, now, I'd believe I wouldn't even because if there's a dead body, there's probably gonna be more, you know, more other bigfoot in the area. So I'm I'm high telling on it. I'm gonna do the same thing you're doing. I will say, hey, I had nothing to do with it. Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 5: Because I feel like they understand, they understand, and you Matt like and they see you cutting, they're gonna be like, oh no, absolutely not so that's just me though, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You know, old Robert would have done that.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, in a hypothetical situation where you're not surrounded by Bigfoot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, he did say that. Okay, all right, Well then hypothetically you're you're your It makes you think it's a good question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'll just say this I have in the past. I no longer feel this way. I let me add this disclaimer before I go forward. I no longer feel this way. I would no longer be involved in any of this. But at one point in time, maybe a couple points in time, I was part of groups of people that were actually working out this real life scenario, this actual plan of what we were going to do in the event that we were able to get a body. I know that people, you know, I talk about it on this show. I know you guys talk about it the cover up. You know big brother is watching. Can you even get away with something like that? And I will tell you that there are ways to get around that. There are absolutely if a body was to ever turn up in the right situation with the right people, they would get it out and word would get out to the world. It would not be covered up. Joey, another guy that was a guest on the show, wants to know can bigfoot swim?
Speaker 4: Yes, I was gonna say, I personally have not got the story of the bigfoot swimming, but I've read it in John Benner Nichols North American Grade eight The Sasquats, released in nineteen ninety eight. There's many stories of bigfoot swimming from Vancouver. I'm into the mainland, so I'll just say that I would.
Speaker 5: Say it comes natural to them. I would think it's like it's like dogs, you know, I just know. I think I that's my opinion on it. I'm pretty sure I could be wrong about that and there could be bigfoot.
Speaker 3: So they were like, no, I don't swim.
Speaker 1: I think it's like a situation where I don't know if they would like to swim, but I definitely think that they do swim.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: There is one area where the only way I could figure out how they got there was they had to cross the cove of a lake one way or another. Now I don't know the deepest part of that cove in particular. You know, possibly they waded across and never had to actually swim, but they definitely had to cross a large area of water to get from one area to the area where we were at. There was also a guest on this show early on The Hamilton Sisters where she saw a bigfoot come up while she was fishing out of a river, like poke its head up out of the water and scared her today Scar Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then there's you know, I've heard other stories of like a guy fishing on a bridge and seeing a bigfoot swim underneath the bridge, right underneath him as he's like looking down in the water. So yeah, I would say they definitely can swim. And you know, like you're saying, there's there's quite a number of stories out there of them swimming. And like you're saying, Vancouver Island and other islands have bigfoot on them or you know, bigfoot sightings on them. They have to get to the island somehow.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: But the idea of like a bigfoot swimming beneath the surface, like that's terrifying. I don't know what it is, just really bothers me.
Speaker 5: Yep, because you can be swimming and then you know, yeah, and you come across one swimming at you or what because you you.
Speaker 4: Know, if you're researching in a lake area, you know, you're I would think your back is to the lake. You know, if you if you're doing bigfoot research close to a lake, if you're not't even thinking about the lakes of them, they can come upon you on the lake.
Speaker 3: That's scary. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uncle Burr, Uncle Burr. So Uncle Burr is not an internet name. Uncle Burr is the nickname of my uncle. He actually supports me and follows the podcast and had a question, how long do they live?
Speaker 3: Good question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a very good question. I think a lot of people would like to know the answer to that. And if we had the answer to that, then a lot of these questions would already be answered. Just going by humans and larger apes like gorillas and stuff. I would guess that in the wild these things could possibly live fifty to sixty years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would think so, because they're eating very well, they're very eating, very healthy, and their body mass is probably you know, next level. Yeah, right, so they're probably living a long live.
Speaker 1: I think I think gorillas live fortys. I could be wrong, but I think that's close to rye. And then I try to take into consideration, like you know, humans in earlier generations that didn't have access to all the medical stuff that we've got now, like kind of what their potential life spans were. But then there's also things that you have to consider. We don't have any idea what kind of diseases bigfoot has, but I would guess that they don't have a lot compared to us because of just population sizes and things like that, and nature tends to like weed out that sort of thing, So I don't think they would have a lot of need for medical stuff like humans have. I think they're pretty robust and can survive pretty easily. So just going on the idea of like old age, yeah, I would say fifty to sixty years is a pretty decent guess at this point, assuming that we're talking about a flesh and blood biological creature, and if we're not, all bets are off out the door, out the dough Chelsea good friend. Chelsea says, do you think that bigfoot species are protected now without being declared by science government as a real life animal or would could they be better protected when known with laws set in place? What Chelsea is asking, I think, do they need our protection? And my opinion, no, they do not. I don't think they need to have laws or anything in place to protect these creatures because right now, nobody's even proven that they exist, So why would they need any protection from us?
Speaker 3: Bingo.
Speaker 4: I agree with your sentiment because they've been around a long time, probably a lot longer than we have than they haven't had any protections.
Speaker 1: Said, so, I do think that if they were proven to exist, that's when they would need the protection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you know the way I the way I see it, If you if you prove like say, for example, you prove it in Oklahoma, then you're gonna you're gonna need to know how how far they move, and then what area what areas are going to be protected. And once that happens, then you got to stop all like uh, you know, growth of industrial complexes and people's houses and you can't cut trees down. And so each state is probably going to have to do this like separately.
Speaker 3: Not, it wouldn't be like a national thing. You don't think it.
Speaker 1: Would be locked up in litigation for so long because what happens whenever you have like a bigfoot family living on somebody's private property. Yeah, and then the federal government comes in and says, Okay, well, you can't farm on your property anymore because bigfoot live here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they get up and move and go to Oklahoma. Yeah, and leave Texas and go to Oklahoma and the laws change there, and so yeah, I agree with you on that one. That's gonna I think it's just better. I'll just leave them alone and leave them alone.
Speaker 1: But where's the fun in that? Yeah? Less rites in. Have you heard any reasonable theories on why these things will sometimes sway back and forth when standing in front of a witness. I'd love to hear the Native American perspective on this behavior. Well, unfortunately I cannot give you the Native American perspective on that behavior. But I can tell you that not saying that Bigfoot is related, but known primates such as chimpanzees and gorillas and orangutans will do the same exact thing. Typically when they're nervous or excited. It's kind of like a nervous tick. They start kind of shifting their weight side to side and swam back and forth freaking out. So it's kind of like a fear response. So if Bigfoot is a primate, the best guess would be that that's why they're doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've had several stories of this happening. What do you think about the theory of the weight displacement on.
Speaker 1: That them just like counterbalancing their weight while they're standing on two legs. Yep, yeah, I mean that's definitely a possibility as well. People, you know, Bigfoot has always been believed to be a bipedal creature, which it very well could be. You know, we've got the parison film. If you believe Patty is a real Bigfoot, you clearly see her walking away on two legs. But a lot of animals stand up on two legs whenever they get frightened or they're trying to intimidate somebody. They try to appear as large as they are, but normally they're on four legs. And again, something that wasn't ever really a thing whenever I started this journey, but was kind of already established in the South and eventually caught on everywhere else, is the idea of Bigfoot being on all fours and using all fours for a lot of travel. I mean, it would make sense for a larger creature like that to be on all fours. So maybe even though we see them on two legs, and even though they're comfortable on two legs, maybe that's not their preferred choice. Maybe they're actually a quadrupedal thing, and so if they're standing up on two legs, maybe they have to shift that weight around. So maybe that's why they're walking back and forth like you're saying. Another thing that I've thought about is owls will move their heads around to use their eyesight and judge like distances and things like that, and kind of it has something to do with their nocturnal eyesight. And I've sometimes wondered if maybe big but are doing it for that reason. Maybe it aids them in their eyesight determining like how far away we are whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I've heard I've heard stories of them like their eyes sunken into their skull.
Speaker 3: Have you heard that.
Speaker 1: Well, the one I saw had a very pronounced browridge and very deep set eyes. I always thought that maybe that was an adaptation because of their nocturnal eyesight. If you wanted to be diurnal and be able to see during the day, it would help if you know, those eyes were set back and kind of shadowed and not just like out exposed to the light. But I don't know Supernatural Station podcast rights, Matt, what's the one bigfoot story that was told to you that tends to stand out more than the rest whenever you recall the stories you have heard over.
Speaker 2: The years, And uh, not.
Speaker 1: To cheapen the question, but I'm going to have to refer back to the old man at the hospital. That one just really hit hard with me, just really hit hard.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you mean, you hear a lot of stories about big was getting shot or hit by a train or eighteen wheeler, but very rarely do you run into someone that actually shot a bigfoot.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, and again, it wasn't like a guy trying to get on the podcast. He didn't know me, there was no reason for you know, this wasn't like a story that you make up on the spot. He had tears in his eyes, and yeah, it just I mean, it was that in person aspect of it. You know, that probably made it stand out so profoundly to me and just caught me off guard. But it was also a great story.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that one's probably the one that stands out the most. But you know, there's lots of stories over the years that have kind of stood out, but that one is definitely up there.
Speaker 4: I forgot on that story. Try to like refresh my memory. Was that that in Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just on the other side of Sand Springs And whenever I say the other side the west side of Sand Springs for people that aren't from here and know where I live, Yeah, yeah, it was in a small community on the other side out in the Boonies.
Speaker 3: That's a heavily wooded area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an area that I have spent some time in that's pretty pretty rugged even now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because when I was living in Tulsa, I was working for, you know, a company, and we would travel out to Sand Springs and the other side of Sand Springs and it was like we would drive for hours just to.
Speaker 3: Make it to a house. And it's pretty wide open in that area.
Speaker 1: So there used to be this couple named Martha and CJ. From here in Oklahoma and a Native American couple that we knew, and they had all kinds of stories.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean, there is stuff going on all the time where they live, and there's still stuff that goes on there in that community on a pretty regular basis. But these people had activity going on their place all the time, and Martha had had activity in her life since she was a little girl. And one of the stories that she had from whenever she was younger was actually leading a bigfoot into their house like holding onto its two fingers. She's a little girl, mind you, and she's like walking with this thing through her front door, and like she opens the front door and walks in, and this bigfoot comes in behind her and kind of like ducks its head underneath the door, and all the men jump up, you know, and they're like trying to get it out of the house and shoot it out of the house, and it just looks at me and goes and turns around and ducks back onto the door and walks off.
Speaker 3: That Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That one always stood out, Timmy.
Speaker 1: Of course, that sounds like a crazy story to a lot of people, but I'm telling you, these are the type of stories that I quote unquote grew up with in Oklahoma in my Bigfoot journey, Like I heard these kind of stories all the time, and then would actually go to the places and meet the people and get to know them and become friends with them. At the end of the day, you're just left with not knowing what to think, and there's still people in this area that have experiences like these and tell these stories.
Speaker 2: What are you left with? Man?
Speaker 1: There was a situation Randy. I've talked about him on the show before. Bigfoot would come to his mom's house all the time, and they would just go out into the backyard with their lawn chairs and kind of set them up and sit back there and talk and wait for the Bigfoot to kind of come up and you know, check them out and everything and look at the Bigfoot. It was like a form of entertainment for them in the evenings and time. His mom's got this little shed on her property, this you know, kind of a storage barn, and you know, it's got the sheet metal walls and everything. And something got into the shed and stole like a bag of feet of some kind if I remember right. And I saw the pictures of the shed. This thing didn't go through the door or the window. It ripped a hole in the side of the shed and you could see like where something literally put a hole in sheet metal, and like it just looked like something with hands just grabbed it and ripped it open, and it had reached in there and felt around and grabbed the bag of feed and pulled it out through the hole and took off with it. And I mean I saw the shed you know, later on in person. So it's like, how do you not believe those stories?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why would they make up something like that? What can tear through the side of a sheet metal shed?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 2: What do you do at the laughter is you know, that's something that gets reported every now and then, people hearing laughter like that out in the woods, Like.
Speaker 3: Is it a form of intimidation.
Speaker 5: Like like like I walked into your house?
Speaker 3: Haha?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a joke. Oh god, yeah, I'll leave.
Speaker 3: Because I want to, not because you're making me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Martha, you know, Martha wasn't just like a regular person. She was considered, you know, gifted in a spiritual sense. Brandon of Tinfoil tells podcast that you may have heard on this show and heard me mentioned before. He says, if Bigfoot was proven to exist, what sort of ramifications do you think would happen from the discovery and how does it impact humanity?
Speaker 2: What do you think, Bob?
Speaker 4: Like I said before, I think that one would It would just it would change a lot of way what we think think Yeah about you know, the history of man and biblical stuff. I hate to say that, but it would. It would affect a lot of stuff, and it would cast a lot of doubt, uh in the world. I think maybe call some chaos. That's just me how I think about.
Speaker 3: It, Steven, Yeah, I would agree. I would.
Speaker 5: I would quote everything you've read and science books is about to change from science mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think I think it would. It would really really impact us as human beings. And I think, for some reason, I still think, I still think that there's going to be people that now it's fake, that's still gonna be people that they choose not to believe because they keep saying, oh, you know, big it's real.
Speaker 3: How come we haven't found a body. Well, now we got a living body. We see them all the time. Now, Oh no, it's just people. Unless suit it's going to be both. Unfortunately, that's what I think.
Speaker 1: I always thought that, like, there's no way that they don't know about these things already. And whenever I say hey, I mean the government and not just the United States, all over the world, because these things aren't just in North America. There's you know, Bigfoot everywhere. So then if they know that they're out there. Why do they keep them a secret or at least not admit that they know that they're out there. Chances are they've probably already studied them way more so than we've ever been able to. And I kind of think that the reason must be because they do know what they are, and they do know that it would cause a lot of problems if it was admitted to. It can't just be some undiscovered ape because of that very reason, in my opinion, if it was just like something like a gorilla, they would just be like, yeah, that's a North American ape. Here, it is in a zoo. Here, it is in a museum, you know, like and that's it. But they don't do that for some reason.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I recall listening to Sarah Bignall Yawi Central podcasts and she was interviewing a soldier from the Australian government and he was saying he told her he didn't have a proof of it, but he was telling her that they would hand out whenever they joined like the military, or they would go out and do excursions in like the bush, that they would hand out pamphlets of Yawi's about what they were, what they did, where were they in the area and so, but he was he was talking about that. So if the Australian government knows about it but doesn't want to tell the public, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I used to think, you know, comparing it to Okay, well if it's not flesh and blood versus if it is flesh and blood. And I think both sides have their own arguments as to why it would be a huge deal if it was ever acknowledged or admitted to. I think it would cause problems either way. You look at it like science could be proven wrong or science could be proven right. Either way, it would cause problems. Brandon also wrote, if sasquatch is a biological creature, what would the day to day life look like in your opinion? And how has it remained elusive with the expansion of humanity. Day to day life I think would be very similar to any human living off the land in the wild that was adapted to do so. I think they have families just like we do. I think they have small communities just like we do, and so I think the majority of their day would be looking after the young, looking after the elderly, and foraging for food, you know, just living their life the way that they've remained elusive is human ego. I think that we think we're way smarter than what we actually are. I don't believe humanity has expanded to the extent that most people think it has. I think the majority of space out there is just areas that we travel through or visit from time to time. And in those areas where we do have humanity actually living on a regular basis, I think a lot of those places already know these things exist, see them all the time, and just accept it and keep it to themselves.
Speaker 4: I do recall, and I have the privilege to speak to John Dennenegel before he passed, and I asked him this question. I asked him why have they been elusive? And you know, he thought for a minute and he told me. He goes, well, Robert, he goes, And I'm just I'm just paraphrasing here because I don't remember clary what he said, but he said that he goes, a deer has a cute eyesight and hearing and smell.
Speaker 3: He goes.
Speaker 4: Picture this as a deer with the brain. That's how they like stay elusive. They know you're coming before you know it, and they're out of the area. So That's what he told me, and I've I've taken that to heart and I've always kept it with me.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, think about this. We have no even way to estimate this number. How many active bigfooters are there, not just right now, but since the very beginning, in total, a lot thousands? Yeah, Okay, people that actually go out looking for this thing? How many bigfooters do you know or that you've ever even heard about? Who said you know? I went out there on a regular basis. I went out looking for evidence. I talked to witnesses, and I never found anything. I never found any evidence. I never found any tracks. I never found anything that would lead me to believe that these things actually exist. I don't think they are elusive. I just think that nobody ever looks for them, and the people that do look for them find evidence of them. Do I think that they're hard to photograph and hard to video and hard to.
Speaker 2: Get a view of.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, But if you go out looking for these things and you actually put enough effort into it, you're going to find evidence of them being out there. You're going to hear their vocalizations, You're going to hear them walking around you, You're going to find their tracks. I don't know anybody worth their salt that hasn't. The majority of people that say these things don't exist are people that have never ever gone.
Speaker 2: Out and looked for them.
Speaker 1: I agree, Yep and Brandon's final question, and we'll end it with this one. If there was one thing you've learned over the years, what is the most important when it comes to looking for sasquatch? And if there was something you could change, what would you do differently. There's a lot of things that I would change and do differently if I could.
Speaker 2: And this is kind of.
Speaker 1: Kind of a contradictive thing, because one of the most important things, whenever I think it, looking for sasquatch is actually learning about the environment and allowing yourself to truly observe what's around you in your surroundings. And you can't do that if you're out there looking for bigfoot. If you're trying desperately to get a siding or record a vocal or get video or get a photo, and you're hauling all this equipment out there, it's probably not gonna happen. It's whenever you just go out there and become one with the environment. As cliche as it sounds, leave all that stuff behind you and just allow yourself to experience nature and what's going on. That's when you start noticing things. Unfortunately, the other aspect of that is you don't get that proof that you're looking for.
Speaker 2: You don't get to get the video, you know.
Speaker 1: And that's one of the things that I would change is documenting everything that I did, recording everything on video, taking photos of everything, so a lot of stuff wouldn't just be stories.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: If I could go back specifically to that day whenever I first saw one for the first time through the night vision, man, it would have been nice to, you know, take video, even if it's through the night vision scope or something, do something, call attention to it, blast it with a spotlight. But you don't do that sort of thing, especially whenever you're like actually in a situation where one of these things is around. I don't care who you are, it's extremely difficult to get your mind anywhere. But in shock of what you're observing, it's everything goes right out the window as soon as the shit starts to go down, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would think that the things that I would have changed because when I first started with the TBRC. I thought this was the flesh and blood, and I just thought it was an ape and I just that's just what I thought. And I didn't I didn't learn where the water ways were. I didn't I didn't learn what game was in the area. I didn't learn what the game we're eating. Because if I would go back in time now, I would do all that. I'd find out what's in the area, what's moving, what's active, because you know, Bigfoot to follow the game, and they also follow the game. You also got to know what's in the you know, what else is in the area. Is there a farm? Is there a fish hatchery? Is there you know, a feed store? Is there a guy growing pigs? So I why right, Yeah, the electrical ride aways, gas rideaways. I didn't do all that stuff in the past, And you know now, I that's the first thing I look for whenever I see a siding report, especially here in Texas. I go, where's a gas right away, where's the electrical ride away, where's the waterways? Where's all this stuff? And I just wish, you know, you know, I don't. You know, we don't do a lot of Bigfoot research anymore. You know, we just don't. And I'm not gonna say so. We don't do a lot of that stuff anymore. But you know, Matt, you know, because like we kind of deserve what other people do, and we kind of like critique them, you know, from time to times, and we say, Okay, they're doing this. We did this back then, and you know, like like the stuff I know now, like uh, what's the name game camps or cam trackers. That's that's like a deterrent. I didn't know that back then. I just thought we put them up, we can catch a bigfoot. But no, they avoid them. I don't why. I don't know. It's like a like a deterrent now. So it's most of the stuff I know now. I wish I had known back then, you know. So I'll just go with that.
Speaker 1: I think another big aspect of it that I would change is I would quit. I would unplug from the Internet, you know, I would quit having all these outside sources telling me what is and what isn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just think that a lot of people start off with a box because they've gone on the Internet and they've found a person or a group of people that, for whatever reason, they admire and they just start believing whatever this person says is true, and that becomes their belief system. And then they go out in the woods and they start looking for these things, and if it doesn't follow into line with what that person has taught them, then it must not be a bigfoot, it must not be true. And that's just the mindset that they have. And unfortunately that's not always the case. Most people in this field do not know what they're talking about, except for me and big Foot Club and Bigfoot Club guys, thanks for joining me. I hope you had fun. I had fun. We'll have to do it again sometime.
Speaker 3: We had a blast. We had a blast.
Speaker 1: Check out Bigfoot Club podcast dot com. You can find these guys, listen to their past episodes, tack them all that good stuff, and check out Bigfoot Crossroads dot com where you can find all the same stuff.
Speaker 2: For me. And until next time, remember there's something in the woods.