Speaker 1: Test was reported on Monday, which is the beginning more or less of Spring Hope Springs Eternal, and having watched the Philadelphia Eagles beat up so easily on the Kansas City Chiefs, that may be quite happy. I'm thinking the Bengals might have a long way to go, but we'll see what happens. The Reds are much more present concern because on paper they look really good. But until then, Governor Mike DeWine, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show and Governor many issues. So little time. You had told me about a month month and a half ago, against everyone else at odds that the four to seventy one Big Mac Bridge would open by the middle of February. People laughed and snickered at you. They said, there's no way that's going to happen. And lo and beholding open Monday night, which makes my producer Tony Bender so happy. What did you know at that point that most of us did not know?
Speaker 2: Well, I just was telling Oda, we got to get this. This is this is very people. I'm hearing from a lot of people. This is a real pain for them. So yes, we put a real push. I kept I kept on them. I kept on on Pam Borton, who's the head of ODO now, And I said, Pam, you have to make things happen, and you know we got it open, so thank god.
Speaker 1: Well it's it's a lifesaver. I know you're in Green County. I know you're in Columbus. I know you have great roots in Cincinnati. But that bridge, dammit, has caused billions of dollars worth of havoc and pain for so many. It destroyed businesses, destroyed lives. There's two criminals, career criminals been indicted for it. We don't have the full story yet, but that's that's a great positive. Secondly, you announced a few days ago that lieutenant governor will be Jim Tressel. And I knew he had a great history at Ohio State, won the state title, I'm the national title, and then Youngstown State. He did a bunch of stuff with Youngstown State as the president. Why'd you pick Jim Tressel who's never been in politics? Over all the politicians that wanted that gig.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I surprised you, Bill, didn't I yes, surprise.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, I didn't see that in coming.
Speaker 2: Nobody else did either, So you know. Nine days before the announcement, I called up Jim Tressel and I said, I want to come see you, and friend, I went up there. He lives up near Medina and went into what he called He showed us his uh buck Eye man cave and this is the ultimate buck eye man cave with with rings and footballs and everything. Anyway, so we had that conversation, but then we got down to business and I asked him if he would serve as my lieutenant governor. And what I told him was, look, I'm healthy, but you know, one never knows. And I need somebody who I have great confidence in their judgment, great confidence in their leadership ability that if for some reason I could not serve during the next two years sometime and that person became governor, I want someone who I could really make sure that they were really a leader and someone who really cared about education, cared about kids. And I said that's number one. Number two, I said, you know you can really help me over the next two years. And Bill, I've known Tressel for a long time, but I really got to know him after he became president at Youngstown State University. And I know Cincinnati is a long, long way from Youngstown, but he has done a did a phenomenal job for nine years as the president. He pulled the business community together. You know, a university can be a great engine of economic development, and he worked to make that happen in Youngstown. He's someone who is I think, very practical.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I asked him a few months ago. I said, you know, Jim, we've got a lot of universities in Ohio public fourteen of them, but we've got you know, fifty or sixty private, and with the demographics of fewer kids, uh, you know, these schools are some of them having a difficult time. I said, what would you recommend? And he says, look, he says you have to cut you know, Okay, he says you have to you have to pare down the cost. And he says, you can't have classes where there's a one professor teaching five kids. He says, just it simply will not will not work. And and that just that's kind of gives you an idea what kind of what kind of guy he is. But anyway, back to the story, I you know, we talked to him and he said, well, I might be interested in that, and uh, you know, so then we could be carried on a conversation by phone for the you know, the next few days. And then he said, look, he says, I'm I got talked to Ellen. I got talked to my wife and uh and she basically told him, according to Jim, she said, you know, I think God has something in mind for you. You need to you need to listen, and you need to do that. So uh so I'm just delighted, delighted to have him.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He's going to really work a lot on workforce development. UH is going to work on education, UH, economic development.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Those are all intertwined because we're creating more jobs every day in Ohio than we have people fill them. So we got to make sure that everybody who uh you know, is growing up when they graduate high school, they they're on some pathway uh, and we help them get the tools that they need to be able to, you know, live live their version in the American dream. And that's what she's But he's he's all he's a passionate guy about young people. He's just a natural leader and he leads young people. And that's what he really has cared about his whole life.
Speaker 1: Does he see this as a stepping stone because as you know, in addition to being the governor, you're the head of the Republican Party, and you got Veak Ramaswami out there has announced, there's others going to announce for for for your position. They want to be the governor. It is trust going to be a candidate for governor in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Well, Bill, he and I never I got the question a similar question the other day, and he and I never have talked about that. I mean, are what I said to him is you know, can you sign up for basically a two years uh and and you know, do this and help us for for the next two years. We never talked in any way, shape or form about running running running for office, So that's not not certainly not come up.
Speaker 1: Is he gonna do it? Franz Franz, is he gonna do it?
Speaker 2: Fran calculate, fran calculated the day, the days, and it came up to almost exactly one hundred weeks. So I said, will you sign up for one hundred weeks? And he said, yes, I will.
Speaker 1: So you don't see him getting an exploratory committee together soon. Because, as you may know, the primary is a little over a year away, and if he's going to run for your gig, he's going to have to start raising money immediately. But veg Ramaswami's a rich guy. Other people want the job also, And I guess we're gonna know in the next six months if he establishes an exploratory committee and starts raising money. Would Governor Mike DeWine be surprised?
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't. I wouldn't look forward to that. I mean, I think his focus is really the present. His focus is not about running. You know, things could change in the world. I understand that, But I'm just telling you from my conversation with him, we've never had a discussion about, you know, him him running for office. That's not what he signed up for, all right.
Speaker 1: Two or three other issues. One is the chip plant Intel. There's reporting that Intel's having some difficulties. If I would go to the site of the Intel plant that you and Ustad like Governor put together a couple three years ago, are you still confident the chip plant, the Intel plant, that big development in and around Columbus is going to happen? Yes or no?
Speaker 2: Yes? Absolutely, Bill, think about this and I may be all a couple of billion dollars. But I think they've already put into the ground literally, uh, in building and building this material and construction costs of about seven or eight billion dollars already in the ground. And every day they're putting more, more and more money in. They're doing more work. So there will be a chip factory there. What we don't know is how fast uh it will build out. I mean, you know, they they committed to do two fabs, as they say, uh, but they also told us that you know, there could be four times that much go in if if business is good. We don't know, you know, how that business is going to work out. I don't think anybody knows. But they're going to be making They're going to be making chips work there, and it's a it's it's a great, great, great thing.
Speaker 1: Now, another issue percolating is marijuana and uh Ohioan's passed the marijuana law. They made it a h a statue instead of a constitutional amendment. Those on the marijuana side that are actually operating or unhappy with these moves by the legislature to fifty percent increase and taxes to the government, taking away local government money, which many consider critical. There's a sense that possibly the leaders of the House in the Senate actually want to kill the marijuana situation by sending more money to the dark market. As you may know, in the first year, three hundred million dollars of legal sales took place to which took three hundred million dollars out of the dark market, out of the pockets of drug dealers. And now I think there are some that are going to seemingly what they're going to do is make it more expensive in order to buy legal marijuana. Is there where does the governor stand on a fifty percent increase on money's going to state and taking it away from local governments and making it to more expensive, which will drive more people to the dark market. What does Governor Mike Line stand on that?
Speaker 2: Well, that's the kind of leading question. Bill. Let me let me phrase it a little differently. When the when this thing was written, keep in mind, it was written by the UH people who wanted to make money from marijuana, and they have every right to do this, and people ended up voting for you would people want to vote it for it? You know? I doubt if very few of them thought about where the money from that is going to go to They're basically were voting on hey, should we have marijuana or not have marijuana? And I lost that. I think it was I think it was a mistake, but that's that's what the voter said. So we're gonna We're gonna obviously live live with that. But there's some goofy stuff in the way it was written. For example, Uh, you know you talk about money going to local government. It's almost like this crazy lottery.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know if if you were a township or the village, uh, and you had you had a facility there, Yeah, you got some money. But your neighbor over here, another township that might need money, they get nothing from that. So you had winners, you had losers. And so what we've done is try to identify some needs in the state of Ohio, things that we do not have money for, can't find any money for, and utilize the money for that. Jails, for example, we have problem with jails. We've got some of the people in your rural counties that listen to you every single day, they're faced with spending a lot of money to build a new jail or to revitalize the jail. We want to help them in doing that, and there's a lot of other things that we would use this money for. So I think there's clearly room. If you look at what other states have done, there's clearly room to raise the tax on that. We don't want a situation where, you know, we drive people out of the market, but also we need to be able to take that money and frankly do some things that are very very positive in in in in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: Well, the other issue is the UH. Those on the marijuana side feel as if I'm speaking for them, not myself, for you, but they think think they're being sandbagged by UH rural edgrarian politicians in Columbus that I don't like marijuana. I think most politicians in Columbus don't like marijuana and they want to regulate it out of existence. And so they're saying, Okay, we're gonna take the abortion route. What we're going to do is put in a constitutional amendment and get that passed and get the lawmakers out of it. Are you concerned about that issue?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not concerned about that. Look, no one is saying that we're not going to sell marijuana. Look, we live in a country where the voters have to say they voted and they want legal sales of marijuana. I mean, I think it was a mistake. I think it was a mistake because you know, UH, if you look at young people, you know, the is abundantly clear UH that the frequent use of marijuana among kids whose brain is still developing, UH can end up with a significant loss in IQ. I mean that's a that's a real, real problem. But that's what the that's what the voters voted for. And so we're not going to uh roll back and say we're going to go to prohibition. The voters are voted for it, and they're going to be able to buy it in the state of Ohio. No one is saying that that that we should go against the will of the voters in regard to that. I just think that how the money gets spent and where that money really goes to, uh no one, no one who voted, very few people who voted voted because they want that money, uh, you know, to go to some of the different causes that were contained in in that bill. I think we have an obligation uh to respect the voters UH provide the marijuana uh in in illegal and safe fashion or save as you can make it. But we also have an obligation on that money in a respectful way and an intelligent way.
Speaker 1: In that regard, there's a lot of fake marijuana being a lot of fake marijuana being sold like inconvenience stores that is not not selling as marijuana, and there's kids buying that product. Couldn't that issue be dealt with off to the side without having a complete overhaul?
Speaker 2: Sure? Sure, and uh, you know, but we've asked the legislature to do it. I've asked them, and there's no way that I can stop that. And it is, as you indicated, a real problem. Kids are buying this junk. Uh, and we have no way to stop these people from selling it to them. But you know, the leaders in the legislature have assured me that, you know, within the next several months, they're going to pass legislation to stop that. So I certainly hope that they do, and I will I will quickly sign it.
Speaker 1: All Right, in your last two years about a minute or two remaining, Governor, Mike DeWine, what do you want to accomplish the next year or two You've not yet done?
Speaker 2: Stay really focused on the basics investing in people. What he has used to say, you win with people. That's that's really the key. We want every kid who graduates from high school to be on some pathway. We want kids to stay in Ohio. You know, we want everybody to live up to their God given potential. To do that, we need to remove barriers that stop them. One of the big barriers today's inntal mental health problems. We're trying to build out a system that no matter where you live in the state of Ohio, you will have access to good mental health health care. We're focused on what we call the science of reading and education phonics sounding words out. We got away from that for about twenty or twenty five years. We've paid a heavy, heavy, heavy price. So you know, we're focused on kids, focused on reading, focused on giving people the tools that they need to be successful.
Speaker 1: Well, last I know, Townshaw, I got a text serve from a township trustee not happy about taking money away from townships. I have a text here from a legal marijuana business saying they're outraged to what's happening. And I would think that Matt Huffman, who's the Speaker of the House, is going to have to have these hearings to indicate how much you can raise without driving people into the dark market. A three undred million dollars out of the pockets of drug dealers is a great thing and really destroy the marijuana business. When someone can go to Michigan, for example, and pay a lot less money makes no sense. And I hope Matt Huffman takes that into account once again. Governor Mike Dewaine, you shocked the world by appointing Jim Tressell as the lieutenant governor, and we'll see what happens down the road. Are you endorsing anyone for your seat or are you going to endorse for a Ramaswami for example.
Speaker 2: I think it's much too early to getting in the endorsement business. I mean, what my job is, I think is to really kind of tell the people to state where we are in these different issues and outline at least what I think is important. And I think educating, educating people given the tools they need to be successful. That's that's what we need to continue to do, all right.
Speaker 1: Mike DeWine, thank you very much, Governor State of Ohio. Give my best of friend as uh As Valentine's day approaches and know you're going to give her a box of candy and some flowers. You two have been through a lot in your life. Incredible journey and last we had thirty seconds. When your term is up? Are you done? D U n N done? Are you going to back to Cedarville? You're going to be a Miami University trustee? Are you done? Are you done with politics? Next year?
Speaker 2: Why think I'm running again? Bill, But I'm going to stay pack even things and uh, you know the same things I care about today, which is you know about kids and kids who are you know, have difficulties, challenges and uh, you know, but I'm not sure exactly. But I got two more years and my focus right now is on those, on those two years and the one hundred weeks that we've got left.
Speaker 1: All right, Governor Mike Dwine, you're a great American. Thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Mike, Thank you, Governor.
Speaker 2: Billy, thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank Let's continue with more news is next at show them the Reds on News Radio seven one hundred ww Bully Cunningham, the great American. So many issues for a little time person. I want to stay. Olga Lark and the legendary founder of Ron's Roost is turning ninety seven years young today today the day before Valentine's Day. So if you have time stopping the Ron's Roost in Green Township there on Race Road and tell Olga Lark and thank you for some seventy years of preparing the finest meals money can buy at a low price, great quality Ron's Roost and Green Township for Race Road, Olga Lark and congratulations ninety seven great years of life and part of it when I visit with her, she walks up and down the steps every day and she still drives her car and has a great time in doing it. And Olga Lark and congratulations and a life well lived. Secondly, I've noted with interest the comments of Alicia Reese and others about these hate mongers from the radical right, that being the so called neo Nazis and what happened on a bridge overpass on I seventy five in and around Lincoln Heights and also Evendale. And by the way, this is not the first time these events have transpired. In fact, the dispositive case in this area of so called hate speech is something called Brandenburg versus Ohio from nineteen sixty nine, and it's been low these many years, what fifty to fifty five years. The principles by the United States Supreme Court in Brandenburg continues to dominate and is the law of the land. And it simply says that government that includes county commissioners, that includes Evendale, that includes the mayor Dick Finen, and includes Lincoln Heights, etc. Government cannot punish inflammatory speech unless it is directed to producing eminent lawless action and is likely do in site, likely do in site said lawless action to produce violence. So that means in reality the First Amendment applies to neo Nazis. One might say that Kanye West identifies himself he's the so called rap singer, Kanye West identifies himself as a Nazi, and Ian Mars Adolf Hitler, so on the radical right and the radical left to kind of meet in the middle. And so these neo Nazis from somewhere in Kentucky have the constitutional right to largely do what they did, and government should not be in the business of telling individuals how to exercise their First Amendment rights. See hate speech is protected by the First Amendment unless that speech is directed to inciting or producing eminent lawless action, and is likely to incite or produce violence. So to unferl, I guess the Nazi flag or the swastika on public property over the top of I seventy five is protected free speech. Now. One way around that, and this is what I'm going to talk to Alicia Reese about later on today, is that when these things transpire. You might recall that we had difficulties on Fountain Square with those putting up the menora, and then the reaction from neo Nazis in Kentucky was to put up their own, shall we say, a symbol of hate, and the courts generally have ruled there can be permit processes. That is, you can't have a process where you must go to the city of Evendale or the city of Lincoln Heights on public property and ask, shall we say, permission or to get a permit. But the permit requirement has to be deminimous. It has to be time and place specific. So if Evendale wants to get around this thing, they simply have to pass an ordans that says, on any public display or any freedom of speech rally. You have to get a permit to do it, and the requirements the permit must be deminimous, must be simple. You cannot govern content, can govern time, place and maybe require the person doing it to pay a minimal fee to handle the extra police. But as my friends and I say that with my tongue planted firmly in my chica on the left, the ACLU, they have said, like Louis Sirkin has said repeatedly that government cannot restrict neo Nazis or Black Lives Matter protesters from doing all kinds of stuff unless their speech is directed to inciting or producing eminent violence. It is permitted. Hate speech is okay under the First Amendment. It only becomes problematic if it calls for eminent lawless action. That is, if they unfurled the Nazi flag or swastika saying it's time to kill Blacks or Jews or Catholics, and that someone determines that to be imminent lawless action. They can't be arrested for that. Then go to court and see what happens. But the other thing, I read a letter to the editor, it might have been USA Today recently, and which is said that people that complain loud and proudly about this are giving the shall we say, extremists exactly what they intend, which is more publicity for their cause. And this guest columnist made the point that it might be better to do nothing, absolutely nothing, because by putting it on the front page of the paper by Channel five nine twelve and news radio seven hundred WLW to publicize it, it's giving exactly with these right wing hate bongers desire, which is more publicity for their calls. But nonetheless, I get the alesia resis of this world. As I said, I'm a caller after three o'clock and suggest the way to handle this is to require a permit, which must be rather deminimus. It cannot gauge or stop someone from expressing hate speech, but what it can do is give parameters what can be done in a minimal way. The Ohioloal broadly prohibited advocating for violence as applied to a ku Klux Klan clan rally, and mister Brandenburg was a ku Klux Klan member convicted on Ohio law for advocating violence, and it was determined that he did not simply unfurling the Nazi flag or swastika or Black Lives Matter flag or other left or right wing bigots does not in and of itself inspire violence. The words must be directed toward eminent lawlessness and calling for it. And I'm not sure on that bridge over I seventy five if that was the case, does it give the community a black eye? Absolutely, it's a bad thing. It's not good. It's a bad look in Hamilton County to have not neo Nazis, as fifty thousand cars a day go up and down I seventy five, to have to go underneath a swastika or neo Nazi symbols. But it is protected by the n ice Ats Constitution. But the way around it is to have a permit requirement which is deminimous, but which can be required by government in one way or another. Now, secondly, you just heard Governor Mike Dwine talk about marijuana and more, and the stadium issue is another hot issue, Brian Combsman talking about it all morning. At least seventy percent of the American people and seventy five percent of the lawmakers in Columbus say that mister Haslam in Cleveland and mister Brown and Cincinnati are both multi multi, multi billionaires. And whenever someone thinks that public money directly or indirectly should be used to put more money in the pockets of billionaires, that's not real popular. And as you know, in Columbus, the plan of Mike Dowane is to double the tax on gaming revenue and use that money to part of that money to incentivize Jimmy Haslam in Cleveland or Mike Brown in Cincinnati to build brand new stadiums order to grossly improve what they already have. And the lawmakers in Columbus tend to be from small rural counties and townships. They don't like that. And in fact, it was on the ballot in the state of Ohio. I'm sure seventy five percent of us would say no, do not give money to billionaires team owners and say that for more important reasons. When Kansas City, about a year and a half ago after they won their Super Bowl, had a ballot initiative to extend the sales tax to pay for redoing parts of Chief Stadium in Kansas City, it was like seventy two twenty eight no Chiefs. Fans said no to the Kansas City Chiefs and I am confident if it gets to the ballot in Hamlety County that Hamiony County residents are going to say, no, we have bigger priorities here in Hamlety County in building stadiums for Mike Brown, who's a multi multi billionaire, and so I know Mike Brown. I'm sorry Mike DeWine's intentions maybe to have gamblers pay for it, but in reality, the ones who control the state legislature, like Speaker of the House of Matt Huffman, is extremely powerful if he's from like Allen County, Ada, and number one he doesn't care much from marijuana, and number two doesn't care much using public money in order to build stadiums for multi billionaires to make more billions of dollars when Ohio has specific needs so that dog's not going to hunt, and so one thing that has to happen. And I think Denise tree House has said this with Scott Sloan, that they do not have to submit any deal they strike with the Bengals to the voters for approval because the sales tax doesn't have a sunset date. But secondly, I think Alicia Reese has said that, let's face it if we're going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars of taxpayer money even though we don't have to do it. She thinks it's a great idea to take it back before the taxpayer and say what do you think. And of course the Brown family does not want that to happen, because the taxpayer is going to say not no, They're going to say hell no, don't do it. So we'll see what happens on that front. And lastly, on marijuana, And if you've listened to me for the last few years, you know it's a great American I don't smoke marijuana. I'll take a gumby every now and then. It help me to sleep. I got a terrible problem sleeping. My mind never stops. I don't smoke. I'm never going to smoke anything, including marijuana. In college, somehow I missed the entire scene. I was too worried about putting food on the table and working and going to college and playing baseball and then law school and working, and I didn't have time for the silliness of spending money on marijuana. But I advocated to let Americans who feel differently than me have the option to buy marijuana, and so it was passed over the objection of the lawmakers and Mike DeWine, and it was passed as an initiative, which is a proposed law. It was not passed as a constitutional amendment to the Ohio Constitution, as the abortion ban was passed. If it's an initiative, that means the lawmakers in Columbus can amend it. If it's passed as a constitutional amendment, it means the lawmakers can't touch it. Because of what's happening now in Columbus. You heard me reference this with Mike Brown. Because of what they're doing in Columbus, the chicanery going on with the marijuana law. It now appears likely if these great changes to what we intended to pass and I did vote yes on, it comes to pass that the backers of marijuana are going to find themselves gathering signatures to make their constitutional amendment, in which case Speaker of the House, Matt Huffman, Governor Mike Dwine, David Yost has nothing to do with changing the law. When you say taking the potency from ninety percent to seventy percent, home grow from twelve plans to six to require shall we say transport only in the trunk of your car, the marijuana prohibit Delta eight, THHC sales and convenience stores, and only smoking shall we say private residences. A lot of that stuff is okay, especially prohibiting Delta eight. But I know the marijuana community is outraged at the idea of the government. Instead of having a ten percent tax on top of all the other expenses, to make it fifteen to twenty percent, Mike DeWine wants a one hundred percent increase and the taxes on marijuana, and Matt Huffman once at least a fifty percent increase, which means that the occasional user and the frequent users of marijuana are going to find themselves back into the dark market. Some of the numbers I look at from Cannabis Control are unbelievable. So far, in the last five months since August, there's been three hundred and thirty million dollars of money is taken out of the pockets of drug dealers three hundred and thirty million and put into state coffers to be taxed and used. Thousands of jobs are at state and now if you take that number up to fifty to one hundred percent increase the cost of legal marijuana, according to those I speak to, will be too great, and those people use, those Americans in Ohio using marijuana will simply go to the dark market and supply drug dealers with a billion dollars this year of sales that otherwise would not take place. Imagine year Ohio is going to enjoy a billion dollars in marijuana sales out of the pockets of drug dealers. Is that a good thing? Absolutely, But you can't kill the goose that lays the marijuana eggs by making it so expensive that marijuana users don't want to deal with it. They'll go back to their friendly drug dealer, and God knows what that entails. That's the problem. So I would hope that those who didn't want this law to pass in the first place, that being Matt Huffman and David Yost and Mike DeWine and John Euston before he left, and I got Jim Trussell coming up tomorrow, the new Lieutenant governor, that you don't want to kill the goose. The most important thing are jobs created in Ohio, and there's five thousand jobs created. The most important thing is drug dealers are not going to get a billion dollars of Ohio money. The most important thing is those who like to use marijuana can use it without government overcharging for the price. Let's continue with more coming up next with me, Doctor Dean Carriocus, the Great Greek, will be here. He's the father of modern cardiology at the Christ Hospital. Doctor Dean Carriocus and more. If a line becomes available five one, three, seven, seven pounds seven hundred. Bill Cunningham, the Great American Live at show them the Reds and Bengals and so much more. Caepe marijuana the way it is. The townships and the cities are participating and enjoying the extra money for local needs. Bill Cunningham with you every day. You're Home of the Red's News Radio seven hundred ww HI Billy Cunningham, the Great American. Asian of February is Partmont and one of the nation's experts and healthcare, heartcare and more is is doctor Dean Carriocus, the Great Greek. He's the interventionist, cardiologist and chairman of the board of the Christ Hospital Heart and Vascular Institute, is recognized as the top heart hospital in the Midwest of not in the entire country and the doctor Dean Carriocas. First of all, so much happening and heart health today, and let's begin because Valentine's Day's coming up. You know, men and women are equal, but damn it, we're different. How is treating a woman's heart any different at all about treating a man's heart for difficulties?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Bill, thank you very much for having me. And that's a great question. Women are different of Dami Casava, who is the director of our women's heart program at the Christ Hospital, often says women are not just little men, and it's absolutely true. Their symptoms can be different. The way they present with a problem, like even a heart attack, it can be different. And importantly they also have a higher frequency. And what we really specialize in at Christ we have women coming getting on airplanes and coming in from Michigan to Florida seriously for microvascular dysfunction. This is an area where the big arteries on the outside of the heart are open, they're not blocked, there's nothing to put a stent in, nothing to do bypass for but the little arteries and the heart muscle have got a problem. And these women have exertional just discomfort, shortness of breath, and after a while doctors get frustrated and tell them they're nuts, and they give them different medicines and sedatives, and what they really need is medicine specifically and an evaluation and then treatments specifically directed at this cornary microvascular dysfunction. About eight out of ten people with that problem are women. So knowing that we have more clinical research in that area and see more patients with that problem than any place probably in the entire state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: You know, women are more than half the population. My wife is a woman, and your wife is a woman, and we were born from women. We have daughters and granddaughters and aunties and sisters. And until recently, am I right to say that women's heart health was not considered separate and apart from men's heart health. In this a recent development at the christ Hospital.
Speaker 3: I think absolutely. It's actually become one of our fastest growing programs, if not the fastest. And what I can tell you is that women believe they are protected. They're more concerned about issues like breast cancer. But I'll quote the first woman editor of the New England Journal of Medicine who once said although women are preoccupied with breast cancer, they are seven times more likely to die of heart and vascular disease once they hit menopause. Cholesterol goes up twenty percent. Sixty percent of women who are sixty five or older have high blood pressure based on AHA definition, and that combination really accelerates their incidence of stroke and fast disease in general.
Speaker 1: And you have a specific women's health department at Christ and when I'm there, I don't see as many women as I should because I think women do not consider their heart health to be in the same range as breast cancer or gnecological difficulties. But let's face it, it is as you say, seven times more women die of heart disease than they die of other cancers. Secondly, I can remember some sixty years ago doctor Christian Barnard did heart transplants. It was unbelievable and for decades not much was done. But now the Christ Hospital is doing heart transplants and also putting in these so called artificial hearts and coronary sinus producers, etc. And Jay Valves explain to the American people with that is this is Heart Month at the Christ Hospital and in the state of Ohio explain all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we found a need in the community. There was a need for heart transplantation was being underserved, and we started a program. In the first two years we did forty more than forty transplants, and we did the fourth in the world of a total artificial heart of revolutionary technology. It's about the size of a normal human heart. It has one moving part and it gives pulsatal blood flow, and we use this to stabilize a patient who is literally dying. You know, once the heart fails, the livers fails, the kidneys start to fail, and we stabilize as gentleman so that he could then be a good candidate and he got a heart transplant. So we're able to do these ventricular syst devices of total artificial heart and transplant. And I think this has been wildly successful when you think of it as being a relatively new program. Other things that people get on airplanes for and come in here to. Literally the referral is from Wide and far is the coronary Scius reducer, which is an investigational device. And I have to point out that the five corp total artificial heart, these are investigational, but you know, Bill. We do those things through the Lindar Center for Research and Education. We use multiple technologies years ahead of when they become commercially available, and these can be really life changing or life saving. And as we found with the so called J valve that was a catheter valve like a Taber tav er, which you know all about, but it was designed Yeah, but yours was designed for a ortic stenosis. That's narrowing an ortic valve. This was specifically designed for leaky aortic valve which usually doesn't have calcium. Doesn't have you can't really lock the new valve in. So it's designed that it attaches to the leaflets of your valve if it's a leaky valve and doesn't require calsification, you know, hardening at the previous valve, the god given valve. So this is really a breakthrough technology. And we took care of people from Florida, Atlanta, even one from California, and you know, this is really a great advantage of having these technologies available at the Christ's Hospital.
Speaker 1: Should the average person. This has been in the literature about taking a baby aspirin every day. It was thought what harm can it cause? Therefore, let's do it. You took me off of baby ASP a few years ago. Explain why it's a good idea or not take a baby aspirin after the age of fifty every day.
Speaker 3: Well, there are three large studies, all published within about a year of each other, and they looked at primary prevention. That's where you haven't had an event. Do you haven't had a stroke, cart attack, open heart surgery, stent, et cetera. In those patients where you are doing primary prevention, it turns out that it's not very effective. You know, people two different age groups and a group that was just basically diabetics. So even in diabetics, where we view them as being higher risk for vascular problems, it didn't alter primary prevention. Secondary prevention, I think, is still a different thing, and that's where you've had an event, You've had a stroke, a heart attack, or a stent bypass surgery. Those individuals, I would still recommend a baby ASP today, although that's changing dramatically. Bill. We're going more with what we call P two Y twelve inefficient monotherapy, which is drop the aspirin and leaves the patient on plavix. It turns out at least following stenting, even in long term follow up, if you put a coronary stent in that that has overall less bleeding and the same protection against heart attack stroke needing another intervention. So this is still an evolution. But monotherapy, which is one versus two, not having two medicines of either aspirin alone or preferably and from our perspective, preferably is clavison to use a trade name, but it's really called pedigrel. It is the generic name. Monotherapy is probably safer and more effective net.
Speaker 1: All right, So the idea is just taking a baby aspirin. It may cause brain bleeds and may cause gastro problems. Check with your doctor. One area you've written about is doctor Dean Cariocus of the christ Hospital is inflammation and June of twenty twenty three, the FDA approved the drug culturing, which was used for gallop for those high risk partes. What role does inflammation play in heart attacks and heart disease? Simply the inflammation process.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Inflammation's a critical part of the process and that's where the CRP level comes. High sensitivity CRP is actually a reflection of white cell activity, meaning the white cells get into your artery wall, and they cause mischief if you will. And inflammation is what eats away at the cap of an anthriskotic plaque in your heart artery or your neck artery. And once it thns that cap, it's more susceptible to rupturing or cracking fissuring that exposes the gruel, if you will, the athersk carosis underneath, and it forms a cloud. This is why people and you've heard this story many times. People got off the treadmill and they suddenly dropped dead, or they're walking up to the green on the eighteenth hold. Physical or sometimes it's emotional. Stress creates stress at the edge of the thin plaque with a normal artery, and that's where it ruptures.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It happened to a number of people. Skip Prosser was out jogging in wake Forest, went back to his office, but he had physical exertion. They found him at his desk. Okay, Tim Russer came back from Europe, is sitting at rushing to put his meat the press show together on Saturday afternoon. He had sudden death. And then when you're under stress, it increases your heart rate, it increases your blood pressure, and that's the arteries you know, are pulsing increases the stress on a weekend plaque and inflammation is what causes that plaque to weaken.
Speaker 1: And so there are drugs right now. Could someone take coul shanin which I took for years for gallats and I quit taken it years ago because I didn't have any more galt attacks. But is out a drug that's pretty good?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Most of recently trials particularly we've participated in a trial like this after heart attack and it turned out it really didn't make a difference, to be honest. But sometimes it's the dose, sometimes it's the duration. I mean, there are multiple factors that play into this. So I would say that the most recent trial that we participated in fact Tim Henry was a co author in the New England Journal article that covered this trial, it really didn't make a difference in heart attack victims.
Speaker 1: Now, lastly, we just went through five years of COVID and there's been according to the literature, and increase in cardiovascular problems, either because of COVID, the vaccine or whatever it might be. Have you noticed the last five years can you peg anything to COVID as causing cardiovascular difficulties or is that still subject or research in the future.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I think COVID had direct and it had indirect effects on the heart. The direct effects that were sometimes although not that common, but did occur myocarditis, that's inflammation of the heart muscle itself, para cardidis, the lining around the heart, and at times it would potentially cause thrombosis. Also clotting, and this could occur in the coronary arteries. Sometimes people get clot in their leg veins and this was in temporal association. Large vessel clot including stroke, had been incriminated to be due to COVID and particularly the infection. The secondary impact of it was people can come to the hospital they're dying at home, I'm not kidding, and they were afraid to come to the hospital. They're afraid they were going to get COVID because the hospitals where all the COVID patients were. And that was really a problem. Well, I mean, we saw people show up late and saw damage to the heart muscle, irreparable damage to heart muscle that we hadn't seen in years, because you know, before COVID, people got chest pain, they came to the hospital and COVID kept them away, unfortunately, but I think that's turning back now.
Speaker 1: People.
Speaker 3: COVID has frankly become more of a cold, which is what coronavirus was before the nasty one got loose. And I'm not going to get into the genesis of that. But until that one strain that you know got loose, coronavirus cost fifteen to thirty percent of the common cold, and now it's going back toward being more like that common cold. It can be significant, but it's not hitting the lungs to the same extent. It's not killing people. We don't have our hospital over run with it. I'd say the flu is a multiple of a bigger problem right now than COVID is.
Speaker 1: Right well, Doctor you're known as the father of modern heartcare. I consider doctor Dean Caryocus the gold standard of cardioc care. You're the father, the grandfather, the uncle of heart care. And anyone listening to this interview has access to the christ Hospital. You don't have to be rich and famous. You can be a butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker. May I use the term housewife. You could be a woman. Women have as many healths, heart problems as men, but until recently it's not been treated as such. And I'm glad we hooked up many many years ago. And the same healthcare that I receive and the heart care that I received is available to every person listening to our interview and go on the website and check it out. But doctor Dean Carryoku is the great Greek, the father of modern cardioc cardiology, and the creator Cincinnai area. Doctor Dean carry Oucus, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. May you have a great month of February, and happy Valentine's Day to your lovely wife.
Speaker 3: Anne and to you and Penny. I appreciate that very much. Bill, thank you.
Speaker 1: You are the father. And doctor Dean carry Oucus. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bill, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more news coming up and more at your home of the Reds, and pitcher and catchers have reported Reds Baseball is underway at your Home of the Reds. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: From Mayor Mallory and I have got a joint mayoral proclamation.
Speaker 1: Be it proclaims. Whereas OLV.
Speaker 6: Larket was born on February thirteen, nineteen twenty something, will leave that, will leave that twenty eight, and came to Cincinnatian as an immigrant in nineteen fifty two. On working as a server at the hitching post, she met her husband.
Speaker 7: All right, so you.
Speaker 6: Married in nineteen fifty seven and opened Ron's Bruce in nineteen sixty.
Speaker 3: Was this the original location?
Speaker 4: Who wasn't pout?
Speaker 6: I'm hears by Harrison Kiny Whereas Olga Larkin and her family have owned and operated Ron's Roost in Bridgetown since nineteen sixty. Missus Larkin is the secret weapon of the family's thriving business. Whereas a Ron's Roost, Olga does the book work, all the ordering, creating employee schedules and checking in voices. Whereas Missus Larkin's family describes her as an incredible woman who loves to work and is dedicated to the family business.
Speaker 1: Whereas, thanks to.
Speaker 6: Missus Larkin's work, I think at zet past amendment, Ron's Roost has been a cultural cornerstone for sixty three years. Whereas Missus Olga Larkin celebrates her nineteenth birthday with family and friends. Now therefore I at tapping her ball and Mark Matt Mallory, Mayors of the City of Cincinnati, do hereby proclaim February thirteenth, twenty twenty three, as Olga Larkin Day in Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Oh hello, hello, quiet, and I'm schoed, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: God. And you know, Ron we run Larkin will still not give a raise to Olga was born. I don't know. I don't want to give the year, but it was about I would think it was about nineteen thirty, ninety five years ago. Is that correct?
Speaker 7: Well, Willie, Olga Larkin, the happy birthday to the first lady of our restaurant tours here in the tri State turned ninety seven years young today.
Speaker 1: I thought I heard the marriage day ninety He missed to year. That was from a couple of years ago. I see ninety seven, So that means she was born in like nineteen twenty eight. Yeah, I have that correctly. During by the way, segment, who was president in nineteen twenty eight?
Speaker 7: Now you're going to ask me that Woodrow Wilson, No, I know he was in World War One one. He keep it cool with Calvin Herbert Hoover.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Actually, actually he took office in nineteen twenty a pent I knew you were going to ask you this. Yeah, Calvin Gooley, Yeah, he was exciting and then you know after that, all hell broke loose. But Segment, Yeah, whenever we go to Ron's rous, you go a lot more than I go. And I insist. I tell Ron and Olga make sure you pay because I know you have alligator arms and there's not a pay every week. What are you talking about. I told him you're used to being comped, But I said, no, Segment demands to pay, which is why you pay. That's what I do. I insisted that you pay.
Speaker 7: Well, they are insisting, and I'm very happy to oblige him.
Speaker 1: Give me some sports and make it fast?
Speaker 3: Will he?
Speaker 1: The Student Reporters Approach Service.
Speaker 7: Every local Tamestar heating in their conditioning dealers Temestar quality you could feel in the call in Cincinnati call the experts are preferred home comfort five one, three, eight nine two h v A C spots And we want to thank Ron's Roost. Well, he's sixty five years now in business on the good old West side. Ron's Roost. It's clucking good at thirty eight to fifty three Race Road at five one three, five seven, four two two two ronzerus dot Net. I suggest the buffet, especially on Saturday. They got it Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 1: Is it true you pulled a chair up and just use the ladles to get out of the buffet? Is that true?
Speaker 3: Not? There?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I leave. I let other people first. I go last in line. Right, give me some sports and talk about injuries with the Reds.
Speaker 7: Well, ye, let's see college basketball. The Let's see Dante Mannox junior comes off the bench to score twenty six. Zach Freemano last night with twenty three. Zager wins at Providence ninety one to eighty two. So the X is now fifteen and ten and even in the Big East. At seven and seven, gotta go. Dayton rolls over fod of ninety three seventy six. Louisville and Ohio State both won. Cardinals are nineteen and six under Pat Kelsey. Pat Kelsey's a great coach. Cincinnati Bearcats faight tenth Iowa Saturday. Preview it tonight on The West Miller Show live from the original Montgomery and after Sports Talk at eight oh five right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: What about West Miller's.
Speaker 7: His job safer now than it was about ten days ago. What do you think, I guess so, I mean they're winning, So I don't know what they're gonna do about. I mean they got number ten Iowa State on the road Saturday.
Speaker 3: Not good.
Speaker 7: Let's see Red's update. Another workout, Another day of workouts for the Red Legs. Position players, or the most of them are already there, but they report officially on Saturday. Tactus League opener one week from Saturday, Willie against those Cleveland Guardians and beautiful Goodyear Arizona.
Speaker 1: The REGs made it official today.
Speaker 7: By signing Scott Barlow and uh oh, they placed on the sixty day injured list. Right handed Julian Aggie are with the right elbow. He underwent Tommy John surgery last October.
Speaker 1: What what's his wake Julian Aggie Are? Did he play last year?
Speaker 7: Well up to a point, Yeah, not really, so he's on the he's on the sixty day d L. Of course, yesterday they said that Rhett Lauder is being delayed in camp. He's throwing a little bit, but he's had elbow soreness since late last month.
Speaker 1: They are the Reds counting on him from Wake Forest? Are they counting on him?
Speaker 7: I would say, well, I would say so. I mean, you know, he's he's in the battle for for the for the rotation. So I guess if he's not going to be in the rotation, I guess what Graham Ashcraft.
Speaker 1: Moves in there. I guess he was going to be in the minors. Not so much anymore.
Speaker 7: Hall of Famer Barry Larkin seen in camp working with the infielders Gavin Lux Edward and Wara Edward Arroyo and also Matt McLean.
Speaker 1: So he's healthing. Is Barry Larkin related to Olga Larkin and Ron Larkin? Is it all the same?
Speaker 2: Fami?
Speaker 1: I love Shirley Larkin. No, no, so you're saying they're unrelated. Larkin.
Speaker 7: Free agent Alex Bragman has a new home. He's going on on to the Boston Red Sox. Gets a three year, one hundred and twenty million dollar deal. He's going to make forty million a season. He's going to looks like he's going to play second base of the Red Sox. He mainly played third for the Astros since twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Scott Boris, of course, is his agent. He has two opt outs, So the Red Sox are great to pay him one hundred and twenty million dollars with two opt outs. Explain that one segment.
Speaker 7: I don't know, will he I mean, it's about time. I mean he's been looking for a team since what last year?
Speaker 1: It's time.
Speaker 7: And finally, you know, they said, well, he was going to maybe go back to Houston, but they said, na babanah.
Speaker 1: And then so he ends up in Boston. Well, one hundred and twenty million reasons to go to Boston. But the tax code in Boston a lot more difficult than the tax code in Texas. And then the Red Sox have to keep up with the Joneses and the boys. And then right, no, the Bronx can't afford the Dodgers anymore. How about that? I saw Manager Boone went after the Dodgers for how they behaved at the World Series, and he said, if the Yankees beat the Dodgers this year, we're gonna show a bit more class World Series.
Speaker 7: I guarantee you one thing. If the Dodgers don't win it all again this year, uh, they're gonna they're they're gonna, I mean, how much pay they got payroll out the wazoo up there. Speaking of the Wazoo segment get Me out of the Stuge Report. We have mo coming up with some exciting details about Wes Miller and Moore, so segment Get Me out of the Studge Report. Plus after two o'clock today we have junk Science dot COM's expert Steve malloy will be here about junk science, who said, forty years ago kids were told they never see snow again. From the climatologists say, get me out of the Stooge Report. Willie and Honnor, of a cold day here at a tri state and your return to the triumphant microphones of the Big One. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 4: Oh thanks, side are you on? Which side are you on?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 4: Which side are you on? Which side are you on?
Speaker 7: This is the This is Elizabeth Warren and the demos where fulcoholic.
Speaker 8: Landscap within are lead singer is from No she's leading the way, but uh, she's got the Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and Stony as a as a backup.
Speaker 4: Trump's covered in for unions.
Speaker 8: He don't want to, he don't want.
Speaker 4: Till too bow to him, but we want him in jail.
Speaker 1: Which side are you on, awful Trump? Which side are you Trump trained?
Speaker 7: He ought to start singing, well, saga man, thank you for that interlude, but thank you suck man.
Speaker 1: See you in about forty five minutes. That's your home of the Reds. News Radio seven hundred WLW Billy cunning Him. Of course, Red's opening night exactly six weeks away against the Giants, March twenty seventh, four to ten pm. It all happened six weeks from now. Moe Egger, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Moe I talked with you off the air. There was some troubling concerns out of Monday or Tuesday from the camp. Tell the American people what's going on. Give us a preview of the twenty twenty five season. Talk about Wes Miller who won three in a row. Talk about Xavier beating up on Providence. Give me a full report.
Speaker 9: Well, there's a lot there, Willie. It's good to be with you. It's nice to be on your show. I thought you forgot about me. Let's start with Rhet louder So. The Reds are underway, Spring training has started. Pictures and catchers. Are there a lot of the position guys, a lot of excitement. Terry Francona is the manager Reds of it at a very busy last few weeks adding to the team. There are reasons for optimism. One of the reasons for optimism is the team starting pitching. And when you look at the collection of starting pitching, they've got a young guy by the name of Rhet Lauder who got called up at the end of the season last year, frankly, when maybe not as many people were paying attention. He was drafted by the Reds in the first round in twenty twenty three, got his call up last September, and he was terrific. He was awesome, And so one of the storylines for me when spring training started was gonna be can he crack the starting rotation? Will he be in the opening day starting five? And we found out on the first day of camp he's dealing with elbow soreness. Now they're gonna tell you it's no big deal. They're gonna tell you the MRI revealed no structural damage and hopefully in a few weeks this is not something we're talking about at all. But you know we've all been there before. Willie right with a guy who gets hurt during spring training. There's an injury and they tell you, ah, you know, it's fine, he's gonna be okay, just a couple of days, and it turns out he misses time. So I don't want to scare anybody, and the Reds certainly don't want to scare anybody.
Speaker 1: But this is something, at least for me that I'll be paying attention to. I had some say, aren't the players ready for spring training before it starts? Unlike the good old days when players had second and third jobs, their only job after October tenth or whatever, when the season ends is to get ready for four months from now. So one might ask why I wasn't loud or ready and to pitch, or why didn't you work out these problems ahead of time. It seems like every spring training out of good Year you have more Reds players getting hurt, and supposedly they've been working out. It might be better not to work out, drink beer, and enjoy life than coming out of shape.
Speaker 9: What do you think, well, I think with this the possibility exists that he might have exerted himself a little bit too much. I think that happens too, where guys get to spring training and they undergo a physical and it's like, yeah, you know what, I did something while I was ramping up. You know, it used to be back in the day players would show up at spring training and use six seven weeks to get in shape. Now they show up in shape. I think in many cases, and maybe this is one of them, they ramp it up a little bit too much too early, and they show up as at least slightly damaged goods once spring training actually starts.
Speaker 1: And so Wes Miller, in better shape three in a row, has buy out. I know the Inquirre's got a story you're well familiar with. Moe is one of the voices of UC Athletics that if they let him go in about a little over a year, they say about five million dollars. And the thought that we're thinking about letting him go tells you where the team is. Are you concerned about Wes Miller's ability to get the bear catch to the promised Land? Well less so than I was ten days ago.
Speaker 9: You know, they played a game against West Virginia a week ago this past Sunday that I think, quite frankly, was the worst game I've ever seen a Bearcat team play In thirty five years of following this program, they have responded three wins where offensively it's been this very dramatic, very quick in season makeover. Now they've done it against teams that aren't great defensively byu Utah and UCF. The real test is going to be on Saturday, they go to Iowa State play an Iowa State team that has been ranked in the top five this season have sort of collected themselves after losing three straight games on their own. I think if if you want to take their NCAA tournament chances seriously, you're gonna have to get a good showing against either Iowa State or against Houston, or maybe against Baylor, who beat him by twenty five points.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I don't think Wes Miller's going anywhere.
Speaker 9: I do think it's going to be really interesting to see maybe what happens with the staff if this team falls short of expectations this year.
Speaker 1: But I think you have to give them credit.
Speaker 9: For they lost eight out of ten and it kind of felt like things were about to spire a lot of control. They've since gotten better backcourt play, They've gotten some really good minutes from Josh Reid off the bench. They rebounded the ball pretty effectively the other night. They've got to shore some things up now defensively, but this has been over there last one hundred and twenty minutes, a better looking offensive team than we had seen from any point in the first three months of the season.
Speaker 1: Lastly, most six weeks from now. Who's playing first base for your Cincinnati Reds. Who's at first?
Speaker 9: Well, I think that's one of the things that's to be determinitary. Francona has acknowledged there's two spots that are going to be held down right now, Elie de la Cruz and Tyler Stevenson.
Speaker 1: Everything else is up for grabs.
Speaker 9: And remember they've got a DH too, right So at first base you could use Christian and Karnassi on strand, but you could also use him at third base and he could be the designated hitter. Do they give jam Or Candelario a shot to play third base? Does he go over to first to Spencer Steer play first? Like there are for a team that brings back so many guys from last year, there are still a lot of positions where you don't know. And then the good news is I think they have some pretty good options, like number one, where's Gavin Luck's gonna play? Acquired from the LA Dodgers last year, Does Matt McClain get some time in centerfield this season? Who ultimately becomes the third baseman, who's gonna play in the corner round field spots? And obviously who's on first is going to be one of those questions that we hopefully start to get answers to here sooner rather than later.
Speaker 1: Lastly, who's red starting pitcher at March the twenty seven four to ten PM. Who's got the ball?
Speaker 9: It's got to be Hunter green bona fide staff ace All Star last year, eighth in the National League, Cy Young. I think if you are, if you are as optimistic as I know you're going to claim to be on opening Day, that optimism starts with the starting pitching, which last year for four and a half five months was an asset better than league average. One of the frustrating things about last year was the Reds as a team underperformed yet their starting pitcher. The starting pitching was better than it was in twenty twenty three when they won eighty two games. And so I start there with the starting staff. And when you talk about the starting staff, you talk about Hunter Green, who I think is a reasonable bet to win the cy Young this year, a reasonable bet to be an All Star and not as a replacement, and hands down, I think we would all be shocked if he's not getting the ball an opening day.
Speaker 1: Lastly, twelve seconds remain over unders about eighty one games for the Reds. Are you betting over or under?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 9: I always bet over because I want something to root for in September. The last I saw was seventy eight and a half. I'll go over that right now. The question isn't do they go over seventy eight and a half or eighty one or eighty one and a half? The question is can they go over eighty eight and a half? Because I think eighty nine wins could win this division. The Chicago Cubs had a good offseason, but I don't think they're in a position to run away from it. The Milwaukee Brewers lost their best position player in Willie Damas, the Pittsburgh Pirates have a lot of really good young talent, don't look like they're in contending mode, and the Saint Louis Cardinals has spent the offseason, trading away arguably their best player, trying to trade away arguably their best player, Nolan Aernato. This division is there for the taking if they stay healthy, and if the offense takes a major step forward, and if Terry Francona can ensure that a lot of the mistakes that we saw last year get cleaned up this year, and if the starting pitching is as good as I think it can be. Yeah, I genuinely do believe the Reds can win the National League Central.
Speaker 1: Meek too, mo Egor. I love probing your mind and other parts of your body. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank him.
Speaker 9: When do you probe other parts of my body? When's that going to happen? And we'll be on air.
Speaker 1: News next at your home of the Reds News Radio seven hundred WL.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 1: By Billy Cunningham. The great American Steve Malloy, among other things, the senior fellow with the Energy and Environmental Legal Institute, the former Trump's EPA transition team member, also editor of Junk Science dot com. And once again Steve Malloy, And welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And you have a great column up about the Inflation Reduction Act, which has had some numbers that don't look good on paper. In fact, they look terrible for the going forward. And part of that reason is, of course, all the money that Biden and the Democrats dumped into the economy causing nine percent inflation about two and a half years ago. And in your column you referenced Senator Mike Lee of Utah, who's a great American who talks about should Congress and green new scam. And you have page after page, list after the list of the spending, all of which generates great inflation. When you dumbed trillions of dollars into the economy and there's a restriction of products, guess what, the price has got to go up. So what would you like to see happen in the first several months, which I think after the first three or four weeks, it's unbelievable. With the Trump term, I'm talking about clean energy production tax credit. I'm talking about the Clean Energy Investment tax credit. I'm talking about EV tax credits. I'm talking about advanced manufacturing production tax credits. I'm talking about carbon oxide sequestration tax credits, the clean hydrogen production tax credit. I could go on and on and on. All this is in the Green new Scam. Explain that to the American people.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, so Joe Biden passed the Green new Scam through a special legislative process called budget reconciliation. Was not subject to the filibusters, so all they needed was you know, fifty one votes, which they got through the help of you know, Joe Mansion. And so we're stuck with this trillion dollars worth of wasteful spending on all the things you just mentioned, and we've got to end it because it is it's contributing to inflation. It's making inflation worse. I mean, along with Joe Biden's Wargan's fossil fuels. I mean, this is you know, this is also driving up cost of energy, which is inflationary. And so we need to get rid of the Inflation Reduction Act, which is the underlying law. We could do it the same way that it was passed through budget reconciliation. Conveniently, President Trump is looking at one or two budget reconciliation packages sometime in the first half of the year. And you know, Republicans, if they have the courage and I have not been corrupted by the money, could make it easy for President Trump and just you know, repeal the entire Inflation Reduction Act and and all this wasteful spending. I'm hoping that will happen, but I'm not sure there's you know, President and Trump has a more difficult backup plan, which you're kind of seeing in action right now with Dose just going into these the agencies, finding the corrupt spending and saying, you know, Congress did an on ten for this money to be spent correctly. So there's two ways.
Speaker 3: There's a there's an easy way and hard way.
Speaker 10: And you know, I'm hoping Republicans in Congress don't make it, don't make President Trump have to do it the hard way.
Speaker 1: Stay the lawyer. In your column, you talk about a trillion dollars one point oh seven trillion dollars of the cost. The Clean Energy Production Tax Credit had a cost of two hundred and thirty five billion. The Clean Energy Investment Tax Credit cost one hundred and ten billion. The EV tax Credits was three hundred and sixteen billion dollars out of the treasury. The carbon oxide Sequestration Tax Credit was sixty one billion. It goes on and on up to a up to a trillion dollars? Do you know how much money has been shoveled into the economy? Is there some money to capture? So when you say, like the Trumpster says, we're going to terminate the Green new scam, we're going to get rid of that, and you have terminate next to it. But how much money has already gone out the door? They can't be stopped?
Speaker 10: Well, it's hard to say. I think that those is trying to find that out right now. As of before the election, about one hundred and forty billion dollars had been wasted. And then of course after the election we all read about how the Biden administration has just been shoveling out money as fast as they can. Of course, a lot of that is you know, waste fraud abuse of course, as all Green New.
Speaker 3: Scam spending is.
Speaker 10: So there's you know, probably at least a couple hundred billion dollars has already been wasted. But President Trump could and could make sure that we never get to that trillion dollars spending. And you know, I think that everything has been frozen right now. There's no money going out. Of course, you know, we're going to have fights in the courts, and you know the left is going to forum shop final he's left wing judges to say what Trump is doing is somehow illegal and unconstitutional. But that's nonsense. I mean, it is not illegal for the president not to commit fraud.
Speaker 1: And as an attorney and former assistant ag in the state of Ohio, I respect courts, but there's about four hundred and fifty US district court judges. They do not conduct foreign policy, they do not conduct domestic spending. It's up to the President and the Congress to do that. And so when you have a federal judge in Rhode Island issuing orders against Donald Trump not to seek waste, fraud and abuse in USAID and don't go after them, I would hope to think of responsible judges at some point we get involved. We have one president popularly elected. We don't have four hundred district court federal judges issuing their own policies on the matter of EB tax credits. I noticed in the Wall Street Journal about two and a half weeks ago that Ford Motor Company lost last year in twenty twenty four five point one billion dollars. That's five thousand, one one hundred billion dollars. That's five point one billion on evs. Fortunately, the company made on combustion engines about five point six billion, so they're not had to tour to bankruptcy. And according to the according to Farley, who's the president CEO of Ford, he says in twenty twenty five, we're gonna lose more money. And I'm thinking you got to be kidding me.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, this green stuff has just made everybody crazy. And of course, you know, Ford is left led by leftists. They can't really do math, they don't want to do math. They just want to advance Leslie agenda. Ford lost. You know what that figure you mentioned, a five point one billion in losses works out to about seventeen thousand dollars per EV sold. What kind of businessman does it? Henry Ford would obviously never have done that. We have got to end the green new scam and all the climate hoax and all this green stuff. It has is gotten out of control. It's been out of control for a long time, and I think we're at the point. Look, we're thirty six trillion dollars in debt. We pay more than a trillion dollars in interest payments. Credit you know, essentially credit card debt every year. This this has got to end. And you know, I'm you know, it's going to be ugly in the news for a long time and we're going to have ugly court fights, but it's got to be done. You know, people are claiming that Trump is a Trump is a monarch and a king, and you know, Busnika, No, he's trying to save the country. Now, one day we're going to have to put the presidency, you know, cut the presidency back down the size and have constitutional government. But right now, we need to end this or we're going to be done.
Speaker 1: At your website, junk science dot com, you have a blog that say is wrong again. Fifty years have failed eco apocalyptic predictions, and you have you've come with the receipts. For example, in nineteen sixty seven in the Los Angeles Times, big story dire famine forecasted by nineteen seventy five, so they predicted eight years from nineteen sixty seven there would be dire famine. I'm reading the story. It is already too late for the world to avoid a long period of famine similar to the Dark Ages. A Stanford University climatologist said and it goes on. This story talks about within eight or nine years, we're going to be we're going to be ferreting, We're going to be eating grass, We're going to be in the woods eating leaves and bark. This is unbelievable. How'd that turn out?
Speaker 10: Yeah, So the guy that made that prediction is Paul Erlick. He's, you know, part of the National Academy of Sciences. So the left thinks he's really really smart. But of course he was completely wrong. I mean, you know, he said he predicted starvation, mass starvation by nineteen seventy five. Well, you know, let's fast forward to today. Since nineteen seventy five, the world's population has more than doubled. We have so much food we burn it for energy.
Speaker 1: We have so much food we throw away one third of whatever we order. Another story in New York Times, August tenth, nineteen sixty nine, pollution. A foe of pollution sees lack of time the trouble with almost all environmental problems, says Paul Erlik, who was an apostle of this stuff. He said, we must realize that unless we're extremely lucky, everyone will disappear in a cloud. Of blue steam in twenty years. So he said, by nineteen eighty nine, you and I would be in a cloud breathing into a critic and arsenic and that we would like evaporate. How'd that work out?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think he said we would disappear at a cloud of blue steam. Well, these people are always wrong, They've been wrong for fifty years. And of course they have these because they rely on nutjobs. I mean Paul Arwick nutjob, Alexandria Kazia Cortez nut job, Greg Thurnberg, Grestenberg, nut job, Al Gore, nutjob, John Kerry nudjob. I mean, come on, what do you expect recall that? Just you know, within the past eighteen months, Joe Biden said that nuclear war is worse than global warming. I'm just sorry global warming is worse than nuclear wary.
Speaker 3: Come on, he's too crazy.
Speaker 1: How about this prediction from the Boston Globe of nineteen seventy nine, signs predicted a new ice age by the twenty first century. Experts say air pollution may obliterate the sun and cause a new ice age in the first third of the next century. James P. Lodge also warned that if the current rate of increase in electric power continues, we will be dark. There will be no electricity production. By the twenty first century, the demands for cooling water will boil dry. The entire flow of the rivers and streams of the continent the United States will all run dry. He also warned that by the next century we're in it now, the consumption of oxygen and combustion processes worldwide will surpass all the processes which return oxygen to the atmosphere. We will not be able to breathe. We may have to dig caves, live underground. According to Lodge A sign tists with the Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado, said Alaska and Auhi are already consuming more oxygen than their own green plants can replace. Therefore, we will die and the New Ice Age will arrive. You might recall in the late nineteen seventies that we had ice and snow everywhere, and time Newsweek magazine said the coming New Ice Age. How'd that prediction turn out?
Speaker 10: Yeah, So in the seventies they were worried about the ice age. Then when it started to warm up, it became global warming. But when the warming didn't really work out, it became climate change. And when the people saw there's no climate changes, it became extreme weather. And now we're at a point where, you know, seasonal weather, you know, winter weather in winter time is climate change?
Speaker 1: Not eve we're having climate change? Yeah, it's not. And how about us sciencest season? New ice age coming? This is another one. A government official says the world could be under already to fifty inches of snow in the next twenty to twenty five years, says doctor Raskell of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration clumb University. Within the next fifty years, the Arctic could could be essentially under one hundred feet of ice, and the Equator itself could be snow covered by the year twenty ten.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's only too bad that the people are aroused so that we can mock them, right, I mean, they should be on TV explaining themselves and you know, debunking all this all this apocalyptic thinking. You know, today's today's apocalyptics are all you know, they're not doing it because they're crazy. They're doing it because they're communists and they want us to surrender control of our lives and surrender our standard of living to them, you know, so I mean, at least those people were just wrong, But today's apocalyptics are not only they wrong, but they're evil.
Speaker 1: What are some of the apocalyptic terms being used today? You and I are around another fifty years and talk radio still exists, and your grandchildren are still around the the What are the predictions now and say twenty twenty twenty twenty five that are going to be wrong? For example, we're being told that Florida's going to be under about six feet of water, that the not an ice age, we're going to we're all going to boil to death, and that the oceans a rising, the temperatures are going up, and we're past the point at which that win out can control it. If we go past two degrees fahrenheit, two point five degrees fahrenheit is the point of no return. What does all that mean?
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know what you know, Unlike these people, I don't predict the future. I just it's just impossible.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 10: All I know is that everything they've ever predicted has been fault, has not come true. Their predictions are fake. They're not science. Nothing they say, nothing they predict is ever going to happen because they're always wrong. And they're wrong not because they may factual air. They're wrong because they're you know, driven by their policy agenda. And you know, I don't know what teacher holds. I mean, humanity has survived all sorts of slight climate change. And that's the only thing that can ever really happen, slight climate change unless there's a catastrophe like you know, nuclear war, you know, global nuclear war, or an asteroid hits something like that, you know, that could change the climate. But emissions, there's no evidence that emissions have had any effect, let alone a warming effect, let alone a harmful effect on our planet.
Speaker 1: Lastly, acid rain was a big thing about twenty five years ago, headlines all over the country. Acid rain kills light killed. I'm sorry, acid rain kills life in lakes. There's no the fisher are being killed all over Minnesota, Michigan. All the lakes are dying. Then about fifteen years later, the US government came out with a long study quote acid rain, no environmental impact study concludes, So we changed as.
Speaker 10: Another classic hoax. First off, all rain is a cynic It comes through the atmosphere, the water mixes with the carbon dioxide, and it's you know, and the other gases in the atmosphere, and so it's slightly acidic, but then when it falls to the ground, it gets neutralized. This is you know, and there's no evidence that the lakes or waterways became more city Today we hear about ocean acidification. There's no such thing happening. First off, the ocean is not acidifying. You know, maybe it's becoming slightly less basic, but you know, cleaning ocean is acidification is like saying that two is more negative than three.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: I mean, in the year two thousand and one, within twenty years the Malbes, the islands, and the Pacific two hundred thousand people should be under the ocean. Twenty five years later, there's been no rise whatsoever in the Maldives that they still exist. They're still doing quite well. And in fact, we had a dry summer. We've had kind of a cold winter, especially in the Midwest, weather's been terrible. But that's never an example. So give us the facts. We about two minutes reminding Steve Maloy junk science dot com, what are you what is the present thing? The fahrenheit thinking?
Speaker 10: You know, the most recent data shows that like ninety percent of them are actually increasing in size and increasing is not decreasing as far as I can tell.
Speaker 3: So there's there's no there there.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you. If these people are talking, they're.
Speaker 1: Lying, and they're doing it for power, positions and money. Look at what USA has found, which is millions of dollars handed out to think tanks to come to a defined conclusion that will drive public policy. And I think that's the key. They want a defined conclusion to drive public policy, which is always spending more money.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I can't wait for those gets over to EPA and the Department of Energy and Department of Interior and we can find out, you know, how much money has been wasted on not only crazy climate research and clean energy projects, but how much money has gone to these green activist groups. So the government is paying the green activist groups to lobby the government or you know, do other nefarious work to advance this lestling agenda. We need to learn about that.
Speaker 1: Lastly, quote, children won't know what snow is. That's the year two thousand that snow children have no idea what that is. Famine will be rampant, the skies will turn green, all of us will live underground. I'm not sure any of that is true. I see snow everywhere. But nonetheless, Steve mulloy once again junk science dot com. It's all there. Thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, Steve, thank you. That's all free. God bless you. Thank you. Let's continue with more headline New York Times two thousand children won't know what snow is. Don't cunning him with you every day You're home of the Red's News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 4: Oh, which side are you on? Which side are you on?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 4: Which side are you on? Which side are you on? We'll fight on against Josh. We'll fight on me. No, we lanscap within our walls. We'll fight from dong to dusk. Which side are you on? Which side are you on? Me? Which side are you on? Which side are you on? Trump's comming for our unions.
Speaker 5: He wants us off to fame.
Speaker 4: He wants us to bow to him, But we want him in jail. Oh which side are you? Which side are you? Which side are you on? Which side are you?
Speaker 5: They say in the Capital City in this please you're red with This is Whoopy in the view singing We've just learned that.
Speaker 7: Joey Bayhart Jay Joy Bayharten The View, The View of the View five, the View?
Speaker 4: Five? Are you on, Joe take let it go to Trumps?
Speaker 1: Sounds like me in the car having got.
Speaker 2: Hello buyet and I'm I'm broadcasting you.
Speaker 3: Know, thank you.
Speaker 1: And I have to thank Rocky Boyman from putting that in. I know he's listening to that. Pocahontas five is one of the.
Speaker 7: As the View, backing her up as a backup singers like Gladys Knight and the Pips.
Speaker 11: Oh, I gotta says, Republicans may never lose again. I mean Trump has broken their brains severely, stuff like that, we lose again.
Speaker 1: Who is that really?
Speaker 11: Who is that?
Speaker 1: Elizabeth Warren? That's Pocahontas. Oh, he's an idiot? Well, no question idea. I think Bernie Sanders said, and Harry carry on the Capitol of them of stabbing themselves. All right, rock I don't know what to tell you but a couple issues. I think Philadelphia bookmakers lost well over one hundred million dollars along with the legal bookmakers lost tens of millions of dollars on the Eagles. And at this point, can the Bengals ever play like the Eagles played offensive defensive line. I know the quarterback position, the wide receivers, yets, but that team Sunday was unbelievable. The Eagles believe.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't see them assembling that kind of team, that kind of roster in the next year. A roster like that, as I went through on Monday, takes years and years of great drafting, not good, but great drafting. You stockpile that great talent, you identify it, you cultivate it, you get it on your team, and over the years it adds up, and then you go and get a couple of pieces that you don't have, you spend big.
Speaker 4: Money on it.
Speaker 11: Right now, I just don't see how you assemble a roster of even close to that caliber and one year of free agency and draft.
Speaker 1: I think the only player on the offensive defensive line I could even play with the Eagles might be Hendrickson. That's about it.
Speaker 11: I think Hendrickson would they would add him to the defensive line corps, to that rotation.
Speaker 7: Other than that, I don't see it. I'd like to have a couple of those guys on the offensive whig what average six to eight, three hundred and thirty eight pounds or something like that. Yeah, I'm thinking Joe Burrow wouldn't get his uniform here.
Speaker 11: Did you see a Super Bowl one Kansas City Chiefs offensive line averaged I think it was like six two forty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like me over one hundred pounds on all. And then their defensive line is like real, real deal. It'd be like Fuzzy Thurst. And you also had Forrest greg was there and that was completely completely different. They were like six inches taller, one hundred pounds heavier, and a lot of it wasn't fat segment. A lot of it wasn't fat segment. Get us into the Studge report.
Speaker 7: Please, will he the student reporters of proud service of your local Tamestar Heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati, called the experts at Preferred Home Comfort five one three, eight nine two HVAC and at Northern Kentucky call any Weather Heating and Air at eight five, nine, seven, eight, one forty eight twenty two spots. Will he let's the Reds continue workouts position players that are not in camp.
Speaker 1: They better be there by Saturday.
Speaker 7: Cactus League opener week from Saturday against the Guardians. They have, they have, they have officially signed reliever Scott Barlow and his long hair and the sixty day injured list Louder no right handed pitcher Julian Aggie are with a right elbow. He underwent Tommy John surgery last October. Not good Rett Louder is pitching. According to Brad Metter last night on the Hot Stove League, they're bringing him along nice and easy and everything else.
Speaker 1: So it's you know, he could be you segment is way about six starters. He could be one of the six. Well that's true.
Speaker 7: And then if if he if he, if he can't make it and starts in Louisville, then I guess what Graham Ashcraft moves in or somebody else moves in.
Speaker 1: Something like that. Now, Rocky, what happens here? We are almost Valentine's Day tomorrow and the college football is out for the last two or three weeks, and all of a sudden, brand new teams Ohio State UK and if Xavier ever has football. I talked to Bob Cole. Hep, you're going to be the head coaches football teach that offers still stands, yes, Well, what is someone like Freeman do now here. It is February, March, and April getting ready for the spring games that may not happen because you don't want to showcase your talent. So what do you do in college football right now? I say, over the next one?
Speaker 11: Well right now, and this has been happening more so the last couple of years. You're flying around the country and you're meeting with the people that have the dough, the ray and the mee to donate to your NIL fund so you can sign the players.
Speaker 1: So you're recruiting.
Speaker 11: You're flying around the country meeting with the big wigs, folks like yourself that are going to donate the big money to get the players, because that's what matters, having the money and to get the players.
Speaker 1: They're not recruiting. Are they recruiting their own team?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I mean yeah, that that takes place too. You got to go and most of the coaches now that I've spoken to, said that they like. Throughout the season, you're getting a gauge of Okay, which guys do we think are gonna come back? And which guys do we think are gonna leave? Then you have meetings with guys and some of those guys you tell them, you know what, you should leave. We don't need you here anymore. And you know, we just can't have you because you're dead weight, okay. And then there's some guys you say, hey, we want to have you back, and then that player says, okay, I want to come back, coach, but I'm going to need an extra hundred thousand dollars or two hundred thousand dollars because LSU's offered me this. So then you get on the phone and you call the money guy and say, hey, he's gonna do this. So then you go back and you tell the player and he says, okay, that's fine. Well I just talk to other college and they said they would put three hundred thousand on top of that. He said, okay, hold on, I'll call you right back. And then you call your money guy again, Sara, they're gonna give us three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Can can we match it at four? And then you come back and it goes back.
Speaker 11: And forth, back and forth like that with like you know, ten, fifteen to twenty different players, and somewhere along the line, you coach these guys. Not sure when that happens, but you got to get the players, and they all they care about is the money there when.
Speaker 1: The Bengals next week, I'm thinking, you couldn't get a tattoo and not be suspended for life. Back for Ohio State. They got a tattoo. Yeah, now he's a lieutenant governor. They ran him out right, Jim Trestle, they did. You got to get him on, Willie. I got him on the off. We asked him this, Willie, this's a serious question.
Speaker 11: With all the success of DOGE at the federal level, can we institute DOGE at the state level. I have to imagine there's lots and lots and lots of waste at the state level.
Speaker 1: Can we get some people in there.
Speaker 11: Can Jim Trestle appoint somebody to find that waste and get the money back to the people so it goes in the pockets of the people, the people, not out of state.
Speaker 1: Willie. I want to produce taxes. And how about the Limestone mind that was put together in the nineteen fifties with a few hundred federal employees underground in a limestone mine. They processed retirement and a linemon in paper from the nineteen fifties and it still operates to the tune of about forty million dollars a year to operate a limestone mine in which federal workers retire and the paperwork is done underground. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, Onen Ohio, Dogen, Ohile, Let's go. I call it Doggie get Doggy segment. Please continue? Will he?
Speaker 7: Those Cincinnati Bearcats are on the road to Saturday facing off against tenth rate at Iowa State preview the Big twelve matchup Tonight West Miller Show Live for the original Montgomery in at eight oh five after Lance and Sports Talk right here on seven hundred wlw xavor with a big win last night at Providence, Dayton wins and so everybody's happy.
Speaker 1: High school sports going to metastasize. What happened to the Moller High school basketball team? What happened to the Santex basketball team?
Speaker 4: Rock?
Speaker 1: Do you care about basketball? I was actually there.
Speaker 11: I witnessed Saint Xavier beat Moulder for the GCL title, the first out right gCO titles basketball about twenty five yeah, twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was they beat him bad. Yeah. It was like forty five easily has the top team in the region and they could buy for state although I think West I got Lakota West coming on in about two or three weeks. But right now I can't imagine Carl Kramer is his Savannah when it comes to basketball. And when your senior team at Muller High School scores like twenty three points in the game, that's not good.
Speaker 10: No, no, no.
Speaker 11: By the way, tonight, Willie is the Saint Xavier Hall of Fame banquet. There will be five new names added to the hallowed halls of the Saint Xavier Hall of Fame. Michael Hall, Andy Kendrick, Pat Muldoune, Scott Murr, Scott Smith and the one the only e d number four four Davis number forty four will be in the house to roll up the crowd.
Speaker 1: Good man, Now what about the rock? Are you in the Sandex Hall of Fame yet? I am yes, I went in in eight. It's not legit them unless you're in the first class, would you agree, segment? If you're not in the first class, well that's the school forty six. Thank you. It's not like you you went. I went into Deer Park in eighteen ninety four, nineteen ninety one. Surely after a minute grant passed away. You went into the Hall of Fame. When when would Deer Park open? Well, it was in the nineteen twenties Hall of Fame until they couldn't get five names together till nineteen Night High School, which honestly is not the strongest academic institution in the Tri State. What the yeah?
Speaker 10: What was that?
Speaker 1: Nil action Audio? I'll take the best at Deer Park. I also Willy, also Willie.
Speaker 7: We want to say another happy birthday to the one and only Olga Lark and today turning ninety seven, work still working at Ron's roost. So go there and eat tonight. Wish your happy birthday. Just stop by and say a happy birthday? Or you know what, would you drive by on Race Road? Honk your horn when you drive by?
Speaker 1: Ninety seven She started off at Walt's Hitching Posts, where she met a guy. A customer named Ron Larkin kept bothering her for a date, and alg would say, I don't have time for that. I'm working too hard, And then Buddy L. Rosa came by. At some point she looked at Buddy L. Rose that this is going back like seventy years and said, this Larkin character will be better than Buddy L. Rosa. She took Larkin over LaRose. Your comments, Rock, seg give me some more sports. That's all I got. Go ahead, that's all I got. All right, segue Rock. What's on the big show coming up in about ten minutes. Right out of the gate, we have Jason Taylor.
Speaker 11: Not that Jason Taylor, the famous defensive end for the Miami Dolphins, but Jason W.
Speaker 1: Taylor is an expert on small business.
Speaker 11: The economy's starting to get cranked back up. Things are opening up. Things are starting to be good, besides for the egg situation. But they can't find workers. Restaurants can't find workers, they can't show up. They won't show up, was the deal. We'll talk to Jason about that. Four o'clock, Eddie and I are gonna have our annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame discussion. The nominees have been yes, have been put out there See Bad Company, The Black Crows, Mariah Carey, Chubby Checker, Joe Cocker, Billy Idol, Joy Division, Cindy Laupermna, whatever that is, Oasis, Outcast Fish, Soundgarden, and the White Stripes are all nominees.
Speaker 1: Who goes in? Who doesn't go in? Eddie and I will outscast. Hey, y'all goes in. You know, Chubby Checker did the first Trump dance. He predicted Trump about sixty years ago with the twist. Now I start dancing the Trump dance, I look like I'm doing the twist. Let's twist again like we did last summer. I can't believe he's not in there yet. We said the same thing.
Speaker 11: But fun fact of all those bands that I just bands and singers that I just rattled off right there, and some big names, right Mariah Carey sold a lot of albums. The guy on that list who's sold the most albums Chubby Checker two hundred and fifty million.
Speaker 1: He had the number one single of the entire.
Speaker 11: Decade of the nineteen sixties, and he went number one two different times in the nineteen sixties with that song.
Speaker 1: Let's Twist again like we did last summer. You and Penny used to do the twist that song back in the day. I don't do the twist with her as much as I used to. No story segment, Get me out of the student's report. Please didn't answer his question? Yeah, what is the question? What's the question? I like the twist? Well, I had honor of a beautiful day.
Speaker 7: You're in a tri state, but cold, and maybe the Trumpster says reciprocal tariffs could.
Speaker 1: Be killing him. Let's give it to him. That's we leave you with the immortal words of the stewed report.
Speaker 3: Denis, he's a good man.
Speaker 1: That's Jim Trussell. Right there you go. Thank you, Lieutenant Governor Doge. I got Doge tomorrow. Jim. We had Mike Dwine today, crapping all over marijuana. Doesn't like marijuana. Wants to make it so high in taxes, nobody'll buy it legally. They're gonna apply to illegally. We've taken a billion dollars out of the drug market, illegal drug mark, and put it in the legal market. Now the politicians want to scrub that clean. It gets me all fired up once again. Guys, thank you. Let's continue with more News Radio seven l