Speaker 1: Good morning, and morning and morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome in his time now for our community connection right here on Kay one, the one you dressed, and it's brought to you by Orland Board and the camp at Funeral Home.
Speaker 2: And today we have a Quinn Shipper and Jessica Grosse in today and we're going to talk about Washington County Republicans and other conservatives and we're going to have a boy what colly.
Speaker 3: You guys got things going on here.
Speaker 2: I took a look at the list before I came in, and I'm like, you guys are like way prepared.
Speaker 3: I like this.
Speaker 4: We like to be that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike tried, Mike, kids sakes, you got a lot going on and a lot to coming up here, Because when do you have the election coming up?
Speaker 3: There's that and then yeah, there's that, but there's a lot leading up to it. Quinn, what you got going well?
Speaker 5: Next Tuesday, October first at six point thirty is our regular monthly meeting at these Christ and Second in downtown Bartlesville. Here we meet in the back room. It's a free meeting, is open to the public.
Speaker 3: It's a big backroom.
Speaker 5: It's a big backroom with a fair backroom, and so there's plenty of overflow for people. And our meeting is a very crisp start at six thirty and at seven forty five.
Speaker 6: If people want to come early and dine in, they can do that.
Speaker 3: You want to love it, please do.
Speaker 5: Or they can order food of beverages during the meeting. They can enjoy it then and bring a friend. And we have someone coming in who's going to be our special speaker this next week.
Speaker 3: Who is your special speaker?
Speaker 7: It is West no Fire and he serves as the Oklahoma Native American Affairs Liaison.
Speaker 4: How to get the title correctly.
Speaker 3: Now, West is really no stranger.
Speaker 2: He actually ran for Congressional District number two, which now Josh Bourkeem. Yeah, well there's like thirty people running for that.
Speaker 6: It seemed like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to do the forums. It felt like thirty. Yeah, but he made an impression on a lot of people during that run.
Speaker 4: He did. He visited Bartellsville frequently.
Speaker 6: He did, and for other reasons as well.
Speaker 5: He's been in Bartlesville and I'm trying to remem if he's actually been to one of our ROC meetings before, maybe as a guest.
Speaker 6: He's been in and out quite a bit. But for those who don't know why snow fire, he is a former heavyweight professional boxer that only lost two times in his career.
Speaker 3: I think he was ranked in the top ten at one time.
Speaker 6: I believe you're correct on that, Tom.
Speaker 5: And he's tall and stature, kind of a gentle giant.
Speaker 3: But I don't think.
Speaker 6: I'd want a box with no No.
Speaker 3: Got a heart of gold in a pistol buyern.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And so he was appointed by Governor Stidt a year ago this month actually to serve in that position, and prior to that, he was on the Cherokee Nation Tribal Council from twenty nineteen through twenty twenty three. So he has a lot of obviously history he's a Cherokee himself, Yeah, and a lot of history of relationship with the various tribes throughout Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: This is going to be interesting.
Speaker 2: So I'd like to see a lot of folks that show up here that normally maybe wouldn't. Absolutely, just because it is always open to everyone.
Speaker 6: It is anybody can come to this, and we encourage that.
Speaker 5: So even though we say Republican and other conservatives, not everybody who comes has to be a conservative or a Republican.
Speaker 3: And they do show up.
Speaker 6: They yes, they do, and that's a questions.
Speaker 8: Good they do We like that informative, Yes, and that's part of our goal is just to inform and educate the electric about different issues that are going on, obviously preparing for the upcoming election, that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Now I know that later on in the month, we've got another biggie, another powerful person come again.
Speaker 7: Yes, we're not hosting that one though, but we encourage everyone to join us for that. ROC has sponsored a table at the Chamber luncheon. Yes, and Matt pan Well will be the speaker for that day, and that is October fifteenth.
Speaker 4: Isn't that a Tuesday?
Speaker 3: Tuesday?
Speaker 4: It is Tuesday, October fifteenth.
Speaker 3: He's a nice guy.
Speaker 4: He is a nice guy.
Speaker 3: A couple of years.
Speaker 5: He was at our inaugural meeting a year ago this month that was that was overflow, And of course he's in and out of Bartlesville periodically. So as a table sponsored, different businesses organizations sponsor a table. And then we were recruiting people who would like to be sitting at our table. So there's a cost involved with that. So people are interested in that they can send it to info at oro OCWC dot com.
Speaker 6: They can pay for.
Speaker 5: It at our meeting next week and we have a few seats left available for that.
Speaker 6: And Matt panel is always worth coming out for.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Matt also deals a lot with the tourism here in our state. And he'll tell you that Bartlesville Pahusca punka city man.
Speaker 3: We're the trail here.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's a big promoter of this area and he loves coming to Bartlesville, and we love having him come to Bartlesville.
Speaker 4: We do, we do.
Speaker 7: I am grateful for all the effort that he has put into promoting Oklahoma. I mean he has really picked up the tourism side of things, from the sides and the washrooms and the stops to just promoting various towns and sites around the city or the state.
Speaker 2: You think the state is buried is what we have here in Oklahoma, he says. The number one question is where can I find the pioneer woman?
Speaker 6: I've heard that come.
Speaker 4: Through Bartlesville on your way.
Speaker 3: It's right there on sixty. We're good travel west. A few minutes and.
Speaker 4: You're there, and she is that she is another nice lady.
Speaker 6: Another very nice.
Speaker 2: Lady actuently, but you know, be the Lieutenant governor just has a very different way about it. If he does not come across as a politician, he comes across as you know, someone who's informative, someone who's somewhat charming.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: But he's someone who encourages people to ask him questions.
Speaker 3: He really does. He's very open.
Speaker 6: He's very open and of.
Speaker 5: Course there was a lot of Q and A when he was with us last year. Yes, and he's very intelligent and.
Speaker 4: Very well spoken. Friendly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, very approachable.
Speaker 5: I talk all the time about how approachable leaders are in this community, but that stands true for others that we have met, other guests that we've come. People think because they have this title, they have a position that they can't be approached.
Speaker 6: We're Oklahomans. I think we're very appreciable people.
Speaker 2: Highly approachable. Indeed, we're talking with Jessica Cross and Gwinn Schipper here and we're talking about Republicans and other conservatives Washington County at a big slate of events that's coming up here this fall. Of course, the big meeting, of course, would be on Tuesday, October for and that will be at Crossing second West. No fire will be there. And then we've already talked about the Chamber form with Matt Panel on the fifteenth, But we do have this little thing called the election coming up. What do you have in store for that?
Speaker 7: Oh, it's going to be a fun evening, and again we invite everyone to join us for that evening.
Speaker 4: We're going to have a watch party at Crossing Second.
Speaker 7: They'll be they will have their full menu, food, drinks, beverages, all that sorts of fun stuff will be available for purchase, but we'll also have some casual appetizers and stuff to munch on. The TVs will be broadcasting election results as they come in as they come in. It'll be a more casual environment than our normal.
Speaker 4: Meetings, starting at six point thirty, but we encourage everyone to come.
Speaker 7: Sharon is helping us set up for that, and it's going to be an exciting evening.
Speaker 2: Interesting and if you can't wait for the TV, we've got the app we'll.
Speaker 3: Be covering it here wonderful. You can listen a little bit between the flashes on TV.
Speaker 5: So that'll have the regular start time at six thirty and we'll officially end at nine thirty, but Sharon said people can come a couple of hours early if.
Speaker 6: They want, just on their own.
Speaker 5: The TVs will be going, food will be available to purchase, and then our event will start officially at six thirty for those who.
Speaker 6: Want to join us.
Speaker 5: I don't want to flow for the evening. You don't have to stay for the all evening. Come and go, get something eat and drinks.
Speaker 7: And we're not just talking about the presidential election. We've got a few other little things going on.
Speaker 3: We've got a lot. We've got a lot going on here, dude. We've got the city stuff going on, Yes, I got some.
Speaker 2: We don't have any accounting stuff going on that would take care of, that would.
Speaker 6: Take care of check that box.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but we do have some state things going on, especially with the Supreme Court retention.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah. So we want to.
Speaker 5: Encourage people time to go to our Facebook page public in another Conservatives Washington County is our Facebook page because we will be giving information about early voting, ab some te voting, where to get at a sample ballot, where to register if you've not done that yet.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to quote the final.
Speaker 5: Date for that because it's not coming right, it's coming out very soon.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you Miss House knows it all.
Speaker 6: She knows it all, and that she's our go to she's our go to source for all the details.
Speaker 1: We do that.
Speaker 5: So we want to encourage people to get out obviously and vote, but so many people aren't aware that there are other things on the ballot.
Speaker 6: So again, we're not telling people how to vote.
Speaker 5: We're all about getting information out and helping to educate people so they can make an informed decision and their.
Speaker 4: Voice can be very active, active elector.
Speaker 3: No, do we also have a corporation the Commission?
Speaker 5: Yes, Brian Bingman, Yes, he will be on the ballot. He'll be on the ballot. I went yesterday to look for a sample ballot and it's not posted yet, just to see all the details.
Speaker 6: Yes, it will be very very soon, and so yes, that will be on there. There's some judicial things. I think there's one state question.
Speaker 5: Of course, city council here in Bartlesville will be on the ballance city councilors, and again it's Washington County wide, but we'll be having the party.
Speaker 6: And getting results here.
Speaker 5: It just happens to nicely coincide with our regular monthly meeting.
Speaker 6: We'll have a party.
Speaker 2: How that happened, but anyway, it's going to be great. And again your Facebook.
Speaker 5: Page it is Republican and other Conservatives of Washington County and people can contact us at info at ROCWC dot com. So especially that ladder, and if you want one of the remaining seats at the Chamber Forum, send us a note and we can receive your payment on the first or before that event and we'll take care of you.
Speaker 6: We want to fill that table. We do every time and getting quick.
Speaker 2: Now, Jessica, you and quind have been doing this for a little about a year or so, right, a little.
Speaker 3: Over year, and look at the growth. Yes, it's really been something else.
Speaker 4: We have had consistent meetings.
Speaker 7: They have been of topics and speakers that people are interested in. We continue to have a great schedule lined up for next year that we're working on.
Speaker 5: And it's very convivial atmosphere. We have fun, you know, it's very relaxed.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 5: One of our features is a storied past k little little history adventures. She gat sets that up each time and so I can't I won't give any spoilers, but I believe she has a historic Native American person that will be presented is what the goal is, so it'd be really interesting. It's always kind of a surprise about who we're going to learn about that has played into the history here in Washington County politically, conservatively influencing in the state.
Speaker 6: She always does a great job with that.
Speaker 5: Different people present it, but she's the one behind the scenes making.
Speaker 3: It all happen. Producer, director, executive producer. Yeah, she's fantastic.
Speaker 2: So I've had the pleasure of being in events with her before and she really ties.
Speaker 3: It up nicely.
Speaker 6: She does a very nice job.
Speaker 3: Well, this is great.
Speaker 2: I wish you guys the best of luck and this is going to be a fun one. Don't forget the Tuesday, October first, six thirty pm and that will be at Crossing Second and Particle.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being on there.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having conversation.
Speaker 2: We've been talking with our friends from Republicans and other conservatives Washington County right here on K one.
Speaker 3: The one you trust