Speaker 1: And here is today's story request. Hi.
Speaker 2: Lucy.
Speaker 1: Parth became a Premium member as part of his Christmas gift. Parth lives in California with his mom and dad, his little sister, Annya, and his dog Milo. Parth loves telling jokes and playing the piano. He would love a story that involves Milo and Ptarth getting sucked into a virtual video game world. Everybody knows how video games work, and Parth was quite sure this wasn't right. What you're doing, path, asked Milo, His dog sat upon the floor. Whyn't you playing a game? Well, because it's not my game, insisted Parth. Perched on the edge of his seat. The controller was in his hands, but all he was doing was staring at the screen. Sure it's your game. Aweso, you loud it into the console, said Milo, thinking his owner was just playing with him. I loaded my game, but that's not what's on this TV, said Ptarth. I've never seen this before in my life. On screen were the words Virtual Empire, accompanied by some sinister electronic music. Beneath the game's title was a button that simply said enter. Wow, I saw you, Lucky, said Milo, whatever's happened? You get to try a whole new game for free. Well, I guess, so, said Ptarth, warming to the idea. He'd really wanted to play his favorite game, but maybe this wouldn't be so bad. He picked up the console and selected the enter button. Okay, he said, let's see what it's like. That should have been straightforward enough, but instead the air raced from his lungs as he and Milo were wrenched forward into a dazzling light, leaving behind the controller to drop onto the empty seat where Ptarth had been sitting. With a thump, Ptarth landed heavily on to a rocky surface. Ouch, he complained. Puff, came Milo's voice, his familiar nose appearing around a boulder.
Speaker 2: Where are we? I don't know, admitted Ptarth. It looks like a moon. Hey what are you wearing? You look so.
Speaker 1: Cool, beamed Milo as he bounced up, tail wagging.
Speaker 2: Is that chit pack?
Speaker 1: I don't know, said Ptarth as he ran his hands down the strange clothes.
Speaker 2: There was a band.
Speaker 1: Around his wrist with three bright buttons, one blue, one yellow, and one red. You're wearing a new collar, am I, said Milo, trying to look down. Although it's hard to look at your own neck. A rumble made them both look up to see a wide spaceship coming in to.
Speaker 2: Land near by. Paff Are we in that game?
Speaker 1: Asked Milo. I'm starting to think so, replied Ptarth. As the spaceship touched down. Wasn't a game called something Empire?
Speaker 2: Asked Milo?
Speaker 1: As a doorway opened on the ship's side. Virtual Empire corrected Ptarth.
Speaker 2: Why do you.
Speaker 1: Ask, Well, don't empires have soldiers, said the dog. And if so, does that make them the good guys.
Speaker 2: Or the bad guys? Finished Ptarth.
Speaker 1: A flurry of laser bolts shut across the Moon's surface from the ship, blasting into the surrounding rocks and sending Ptarth and Milo scurrying. They're bad guys. They're bad guys, barked Milo, as more laser fire streaked after them. We've got to get out of here, said Ptarth, and in an instant, his jetpack was blazing, shooting him across the Moon's surface at speed. It took him completely by surprise, and he'd left Milo behind. With a little difficulty, he managed to turn himself around to race back again. It was easy to locate Milo as he was at the receiving end of all the laser fire. Luckily, his small size was keeping him out of harm's way. As he dodged between the rocks, he noticed that Milo was heading towards a canyon with steep sides, about to get himself trapped. Not if I can help it, thought Ptarth. Let's see if any of these buttons do anything. He held up his wrists before him and selected the blue one. A fizzing ball of blue energy crackled to life around his hand.
Speaker 2: This looked promising.
Speaker 1: He took aim at the leading soldiers, some sort of humanoid robot. A jet of blue energy burst forth from his fist, blasting the robo soldiers to pieces. Each one turned into a tiny blue crystal that then faded away.
Speaker 2: I'm scoring points, He realized.
Speaker 1: He was getting the hang of this now, and was soon confidently clearing away the soldiers as he zoomed back and forth. In no time, there were none left. That was awesome, said Milo, once Ptarth touched down.
Speaker 2: Did you do it?
Speaker 1: The jetpack and the blaster just worked by me thinking about them, Just worked by me thinking about them, he explained, Although I had to choose the blaster from this wristband. Oh how come I haven't got anything as good as that, grumbled Milo.
Speaker 2: Sorry, shrugged Ptarth. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Large lettering filled the sky before them, presumably showing their score. Well what next, asked Milo, looking around. Why do we want to go now? I didn't see anything from up there, said Ptarth, So maybe we ought to check out that spaceship. This they did, half expecting to find a pilot or more soldiers on board.
Speaker 2: Instead, it was empty.
Speaker 1: Can you fly it, asked Milo, looking at the complicated console. Only one way to find out, grinned Ptarth as he got into the pilot's seat. Although it appeared difficult, Parth had no trouble at all. I guess these things are easier and games, he said. They lifted away from the Moon, allowing them to take in the sight of a large yellow and orange planet alongside it. It looked like the sensible place to go, but that meant first dealing with a swarm of red spacecraft that were buzzing towards them. This must be light level two, suggested Milo. And that's a lot of ships. Well here is helping we get more than one life in this game, said Ptarth, as the red spacecraft began firing on them. Milo pulled and twisted the controls, dodging and weaving around the attacks. Can't we fight back, yelped Milo. Hold on, I'm still getting used to this, Parth replied, let me try this. Green laser blasts erupted from the sides of the ship, peppering the Imperial ships and causing several to explode. They instantly turned into small red crystals. Keep it going, pof cheered Milo as something jolted the ship, shaking them in their seats. We were hit, but I think we're okay, said Ptarth as he continued spiraling through the enemy.
Speaker 2: More and more of the red craft.
Speaker 1: Were meeting their end as the green laser fire found them. Another hit lit up several warning lights in the cockpit, but Ptarth didn't seem to notice. He was focused on clearing the ships. Just two more to go, shouted Milo. Steady, you got them, few, steady.
Speaker 2: You got them. You grinned Parth. That was hard.
Speaker 1: Out of the window, their updated score was displayed beside them, just before the planet. It was much closer now, so Ptarth steered them into the upper atmosphere.
Speaker 2: They were soon.
Speaker 1: Looking down at the biggest city they'd ever seen, taking up all the land as far as the eye could see. A tall tower surrounded by a network of smaller towers and domes drew their attention. So Ptarth headed towards that, but as he did so, the ship was struck by something unseen. You've lost control, shouted Ptarth in panic.
Speaker 2: There is no power.
Speaker 1: Can't you restart it? Squelled Milo. It's not responding, said ptarth' through gritted teeth.
Speaker 2: We're going to crash.
Speaker 1: Oh no, whimpered Milo, as the ground rushed towards them. But Ptarth wasn't going to wait for that to happen. He grabbed Milo and ran to the ship's doorway, forcing it open, and then.
Speaker 2: Jumped into the sky.
Speaker 1: What are you doing, screamed the dog in terror, as they plunged downwards. I got a jippack, remember, laughed Ptarth, and fired it up. As the ship came down with an explosion below them. Ptarth guided them down to the center of a wide plaza right before the great tower. Blaster fire greeted them, immediately fired by an army of defensive robuts. Unfortunately, there was no cover for the pair of them to hide behind. Should have landed somewhere house, said Milo. Too late for that now, said Ptarth. He reached his wrist and press the yellow button. This time, a yellow dome of energy appeared around them, both safely absorbing the laser fire being poured upon them. That's useful, said Ptarth, some sort of shield, but it's not stopping any of them from attacking us.
Speaker 2: How come I haven't got.
Speaker 1: Any buttons, moaned Milo. If I'll add some buttons, maybe I could help. I've been pretty useless, sofa. I'll try this red button, said Ptarth. Maybe this will help us. What happened next wasn't what either of them had expected. The yellow dome vanished, but all the enemy's laser fire appeared to be frozen in mid air. All that moved was Ptarth and Milo, circling around one another as they rose into the air. I'm getting bigger, shouted Milo. And changing shape me too, said Ptarth with excitement. In seconds, they were transformed. Ptarth had become a towering, gigantic battle bot, heavily armored and extremely tough. Meanwhile, Milo had become a colossal dog like monster standing on two legs. We look so great, roared Milo, as the laser fire unfroze.
Speaker 2: Suddenly they were being.
Speaker 1: Struck by thousands of direct hits pat Dickles, said Ptarth, Hey, poff, You know what giant robots the monsters do in the movies, asked Milo. Yeah, I do, said Ptarth. They stomp everything flat. They sprang into action, either sweeping the robot army aside or pummeling it into the ground. Now I feel useful, bellowed Milo as he got to work on tackling some of the bigger bag guys. Working together, they cleared the plaza of all the danger, claiming the crystals as they did so.
Speaker 2: Their latest score flashed up in the sky. Is that it, asked Milo? Have we won?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, said Ptarth, pointing to the tower. It was much bigger than they were, and it was changing shape into the biggest battle robot imaginable.
Speaker 2: Foolish heroes, boomed its voice.
Speaker 1: I am the Electric Emperor, and I crush all those that stand in the way of my empire.
Speaker 2: Prepare for your doom.
Speaker 1: Time for an upgrade, said Ptarth as a gigantic energy sword appeared in his hand.
Speaker 2: How did you do that, screeched Milo.
Speaker 1: I want a sword. Use your imagination encouraged Ptarth. Thinking about it, helps it appear, Okay, said the giant Milo, concentrating on.
Speaker 2: His empty paw.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a sword that appeared, but an enormous battle axe.
Speaker 2: Okay, this will do, he said.
Speaker 1: The Electric Emperor strode towards them on mountainous legs, making the pair of them, even at their colossal size, look small. One of them went to the left, the other to the right. With his attention divided, they found it easier to slice away at the momental legs. Is this the end of level, boss, asked Milo, as he landed an impressive hack. I guess so, said Ptarth, managing a blow of his own. Then, in a blistering frenzy of sparks, the Electric Emperor let out a horrified cry and began to topple forward. Look out, yelled Ptarth, ducking to the side. The Emperor's epic form was beaten, crashing down to the plaza below in a string of explosions that shook the ground beneath her feet. Once the smoke and dust had cleared, there was a stupendous golden crystal waiting to be collected. We've won, said Ptarth as he claimed their prize. This instantly triggered the same rushing sensation that had pulled them into the game in the first place, although this time it operated in reverse. Ah, we're back in the real world, said Milo, sat on the floor before the TV screen. I was just getting used to that. Hey, look at the screen, said Ptarth, back at his seat. We want a lot of crystals. Yeah, I suppose so, said myleot. But it's all over now. As he said this, the screen changed. It said next level. The two of them grinned widely. That's more like it, said Milo as he watched Ptarth pick up the controller and press okay the and