Speaker 1: You are about to witness amazing emon has coming, living man's property of all times.
Speaker 2: Yes, my bow suck on you bow down to your laster.
Speaker 1: Can you dig it? Can you did it? There? You did?
Speaker 3: Allowed to play? Allowed to play, allowed to name, Come to play the crystal Woods.
Speaker 2: The sun is rising, John, Oh, wake up, wake up now, don't worry. We're all here to show you how.
Speaker 1: Jenna wiz Holstro.
Speaker 2: Station k M O G Homer listen is a fan musty don't turn downtown, Just wait and say.
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Are you ready to job? In time to start to show? Plastick him up, Frisco wis the Big Man Mary Show? Welcome through the organ week. It's all such a bar kick back, makes up, best up it and make it hardcore. Hey, you're whisby and then mess take up your phone there line you're on the air. Tis a time start.
Speaker 1: Lay good morning. It's the Big Man Morning Show. A couple of ways to communicate with us, bmms and whatever you'd like to say to eight two nine four five listen online the website that rocks kmod dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under beat MMS. Listen with your cell phone. Get the iHeartRadio app, available from the app store of your cell phone provider. More on that at iHeartRadio dot com. And we're on Facebook, Facebook dot com slash BMMS six y nine. That's where you can hang out with us speech and every day when he's dealing with a family emergency. I don't want to say that she's dealing with stuff I don't know. I'm an emergent.
Speaker 4: It is right, good morning, give me good morning, Cordon.
Speaker 1: So we expect her to be back with us tomorrow. We got tickets to Rockaholma. We're gonna give away. Will you know the note of a famous song. I'm currently in my lab working on a tough one, A hard one, real hard one. Got harder the better. Oh gosh, you're gonna love it. It's gonna be more than you can handle. I can't wait. I want to find out best and Worse the weekend. I want to know the best thing that happened to you this weekend and the worst thing that happened to you this weekend BMMS and whatever that is to eight two nine, four five, We will do that at seven Best and Worse the weekend. We also have our listeners are awesome we'd like to talk to our listeners because they're awesome. We are very creative title makers and we got somebody lined up for eight o'clock to speak with. If you think you're awesome and been a long time listener, we would love to chat with you. You just need to send us a text, BMMS and hey, I'd like to be a listener. Awesome an awesome listener to eight two ninety four five and hip. You'll get in touch with you or an email show at cameop dot com And Jeff Finsley's going to join us as we want to talk about family law. I can't think of a time I've come into the studio in the morning and had so many emails asking for Jeff Finsley's help. That's a good thing for our segment. Yes, I don't see that as a bad thing at all whatsoever. That means.
Speaker 4: That means people are listening, and people are listening when Jeff comes in and people want his help and he is the man to help.
Speaker 1: Yes. Also, these people are going through some stuff that part not awesome.
Speaker 4: No, no, no going through stuff. It's no matter who you are or what you're going through. But the fun thing is is. Everybody does it in one degree or another. Everybody's going through something, right, Isn't that a funny thing? As we grow up, we're led to believe nobody goes through problems, right, and then you grow up you're like, God, goddamn, everybody's got problems. Your grandma has problems.
Speaker 1: Well, you think about that. I think about this a lot. So every unit, marital unit has some sort of problem. Yeah, rough patch, Your grandma and grandpa had that. You may not be aware. You always thought to everything that they were happily.
Speaker 4: Married, right right, right, because why they don't show it in front of you. It's none of your business, So they push it to the side. And then when all family leaves.
Speaker 1: You stupid bitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, not awesome.
Speaker 1: You drink too much? Sure, whatever it was, whatever it is, Yeah yeah, yeah, isn't that awesome to think about? I mean whatever. But they had their thing and we were never exposed to it.
Speaker 4: Now, my parents never never brought any of the problems in front of us kids. They always you know, you could tell, you could tell because you can feel the tension, right, But they never argued or anything in front of us kids.
Speaker 1: They always took it elsewhere.
Speaker 4: Let's go for a ride, we'll go talk in the bedroom, something to that effect.
Speaker 1: Right, And uh I.
Speaker 4: I kind of like that, yes, because who wants to see either or anybody really fighting, you know, just right there in front of just lashing it out at each other.
Speaker 1: Just not cool for the kids, man, But people do. And I wonder if people that grew up in families where they're parents Yeah I had really good parents shut up anyway? Good were they? Just was I just led to believe that I well, I mean they didn't Maybe they didn't fight in front of me. Oh maybe they didn't, right, Maybe those things never surfaced. I would wager there's a majority of people who had some question their mother had or father had some question of infidelity in the other and you might not have known about it.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure. I think that's just standard stuff that relationships go through. People have their insecurities and it's okay to have those, right, you know. But I think for me, you know, the key is that just don't don't don't let the kids see it. Now, some people would be like, oh, let's just showing the kids that that's normal. We're normalizing it, you know, where everybody goes through that, which, okay, is.
Speaker 1: True to an extent. But do you have to.
Speaker 4: Damage their little nine year old psyche, you know, with your problems.
Speaker 1: They got their own problems that they're dealing with. Yeah. Yeah, I don't think normalizing it's a good excuse because it doesn't feel like problems. It feels like unnecessary draw out of anyway, Good down the road, dude, crazy story out of Oklahoma City this morning. If you haven't seen the news.
Speaker 4: Was it about the Sunday Funday?
Speaker 1: I don't know. This happened overnight from what I understand. Okay, well fine, let's compare notes. What do you have? I have ten people shot at a lake. That's the one I was talking about, Okay, on a Sunday funda. You and I have different definitions of Sunday Funday.
Speaker 4: I don't know it started off as a Sunday Funday ended up not being fun at all whatsoever. But as I was prepping this morning, I had seen that and that it flashed across as the you know, part of the story was people were just enjoying their Sunday Funday and was at a lake or whatever, and somebody opened fire. A lot of people got shot. I think everybody got taken the hospital and is fine. I don't think anybody died.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just saw it. I was like, that is insane. Well, my understanding is this was at night, and that there was a group of people that went there and it was like a party almost, and it turned into that this isn't a people were camping and just willy nilly. And I think the number was it's some crazy number, like three hundred shots. Wow? Is that? Maybe I'm making that up. But here's where I heard that in the news. This is just what I know.
Speaker 4: Other this is what I came across this morning as I was getting ready. Mass shooting at Oklahoma campground under investigation. Police are investigating a mass shooting near Lake Arcadia and Edmund. Authority say at least ten people were hurt last night at a quote Sunday fun day party at a campground by the lake. All of the victims were transported to hospitals for treatment.
Speaker 1: No arrests have been announced.
Speaker 4: That's all that I got. I didn't dig any deeper in it because I was.
Speaker 1: Like that, Okay, I I don't have a video of the shooting, but I have a video of the Sunday Fun Day festivities. And I'll let you draw your own conclusion of what happened. Okay, so there's the there's the video. But yeah, people just having fun, dancing, doing their thing in some little pavilion. Uh, they got impacked in there. Yeah, it's a lot of people in there. Shake that ass, girl, shake that ass. Yeah, just doing their thing. Yeah. Oh and it was a it was a promoted event. It was a Yeah, it was a called the Sunday Fun Day Party. Okay. A flyer posted twelve hours on Instagram like prior to its starting. Uh, and it's yeah, it's a And the the whole point was leave the bs at home. Somebody took the bs too. There, guys, they're having a good time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean at this particular moment, at least those girls do. Anyway, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. If you're talking, you really are having a good time, you don't. I've never seen a sad tworker.
Speaker 4: I've never seen somebody tworking with tears in her eyes.
Speaker 1: I don't know. If people go I can't wait till later. Please? Why are you moving like that? That was weird. It's the only way I could work. I can't do that. I don't know if people. Again, I am not a talker. Don't think I know any talkers, and I don't think they make statements like oh I can't wait to get off work and tork. No. I think tworking is just something that happens. But that's my point, Like you don't look, it's not something you're like, oh god, I'm so glad I talked.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe maybe you've got some of those ones that are you know, real into uh you know, planning, and they're like, Okay, Sunday, uh uh no, we're gonna start drinking and then at one o'clock we'll start tworking.
Speaker 1: No, but like you're like, oh I can't wait to go dance. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can't wait to Yeah. Yeah, I'm so glad I dance. We went dancing. I'm so glad we parted. I missed being younger and partying. I remember, I remember I miss being younger and and turking. No, no one says that. No, it's just something that happened. Now again, full disclosure, I don't hang out with tworkers or tweakers. I'd rather hang out with the tworkers or the tweakers. Hard R changes everything, right, Yeah, right, I'm a tweaker to a tworker. Can you say that? Of course? Tweaker andker hard R changes at all? Not the only word, by the way, truth you want to see the show in fast, put a hard R in twerk? Not it?
Speaker 4: Uh, text says I I have heard it's mostly teenagers. Well, judging by the video the cordon sent me, yes, that is probably right. Maybe, but I want to know what happened, Like somebody already brought a gun to somebody's well, no, duh, Like what led to that?
Speaker 1: Stepping on somebody's shoes? You messing with my girl, bruh. I mean there's clearly alcohol and drugs involved in the video, which whatever. Yeah, but it could be a number of things. Right, I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. New thing that I'm learning as a term as a fifty one year old man. Maybe that person was aura hunting, uh yeah, or or aura farming? What is what's ura? Yeah hunting?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well you're not in with the in crowd, sir, I guess not. Please help me be hip working on their aura? That one possibly all those kids really are working on their aura? Yeah, stirring it up with that round, shaking hands, trying to be cool. We're doing things to be cool. Yeah, oh Aura farming aura, harvesting their aura. Yeah sure, listen, we can do this every day. I have no problem giving you some hip info. You out of touch adults, you should do that. You should come in Steve Bushimi every day, Me and the hip kids are in. We know what's up. What it is? Man? Either way, what a crazy event? Right to get a phone call the kids out there if that's what it happened, or even your loved one doesn't need to be a kid friend whatever. Yeah. Yeah, and don't read the comments online because people are y'all are trash man, y'all are chu rash.
Speaker 4: A lot OF's working and no swimming going on. Question Mark got overheated and decided to pop off some rounds.
Speaker 1: That's what a text says. Maybe people are like commenting about the news, how they said young people instead of teens. What's it matter? What's it matter? There's no, they didn't take an age survey. Right.
Speaker 4: It's a general term to make sure you're appropriately labeling right right, right, Well, the person who says that is old because they're lumping them all they got these teens.
Speaker 1: Man, if I had my way around them all up, I I don't.
Speaker 4: We would just go to a gravel road. Oh, we've done that before, field parties, you know. But the fun thing is is, and I've done a lot of those type parties, never once has shots ran out.
Speaker 1: There were fights.
Speaker 4: There were definitely fights, right, fist fights, but that's it.
Speaker 1: No shots. Nobody got stabbed.
Speaker 4: You might have gotten balls on your head if you passed out, but outside of that.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, And we didn't go to parks just mostly because it was George Way State Park and it was only because it closed right and they had always a good police presence out there right right right. So that's why we went to a park or i'm sorry, to a gravel road, yeah, because rarely you might get a sheriff.
Speaker 4: Right and most of the time they're not going to do anything. It's like, tell you to move on, get out of here, y'all can't be here. We went to what we called the Torch. The Torch.
Speaker 1: It was out in a wasa and it was a seventy sixth Street.
Speaker 4: You go as far down seventy straight sixth Street East as you can and it hits gravel road and then it stops, and then I guess that's I don't know if they're pumping oil or whatever out there, but there was this giant metal structure and flame shooting out of the top le what we called it the torch. That's where we would hang out at. That's not there anymore, is not I don't think so. I've been out there and forever, so I couldn't tell you if it is or not.
Speaker 1: All right, we want to know what's the best and worst of the weekend. We'll do that coming up at seven. You text us bim mess and whatever the worst and best of your weekend is to eight, two, nine, four five, take a break and we'll be back. If you're listening to The Big Man Morning Show, all right, we do news quikies. These are stories that you may have missed in the news. Lindsay's not here, but we got it. It's time for newsquakies.
Speaker 4: World news, local news, and news that just makes you say, what the Here's Corbin, gimme and Lindsay with what's going on?
Speaker 1: News quakies from the Big Man of Morning Show. In ninety seven, five ad.
Speaker 4: Tell guests awakened at four am on a Saturday by drunk yelling vulgar messages into the intercom. This comes out of New Hampshire where somebody early Saturday morning was at the Hampton in and they broke into the intercom panel that's used for emergency services, right, and that's when they started to broadcast what they say is a vulgar, homeophobic message that blared through the entire hotel and an attached apartment complex around four am.
Speaker 1: Wait. Hotel and apartment complex. I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's one of those extended stays. Okay, you know, that's the only thing I can think of, because I thought the same thing. Really Uh anyway, so uh they said. According to the police, the suspect got in through a hallway that's kept unlocked, uh for emergency personnel, then forces the panel open and then started making some noise.
Speaker 1: A lot of people thought it was their phones or whatever. Right.
Speaker 4: One guest, a guy named Ralph, described the broadcast shut up, Lola, nobody cares trying to work here. Describe the broadcast as containing very homophobic and threatening language.
Speaker 1: I said.
Speaker 4: Some guests said they want a full refund after spending hundreds of dollars there. The hotel staff said that security was never compromised and increased patrols are in place and so far no rists have been made.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't even know, Like I know. I used to know how to do it in like Walmart and places like that, six story something like that. Yeah, and I like at home depot. I used to know how Now I I've always been afraid to do that. Don't get in trouble. Ah, they kick you out about it. Yeah. But this guy, hey, listen, it's one thing to do it and be like ag my god, ajke hunt right right, right right and going on a homophobic rank. Man steals yacht for President Trump. A man is under arrest in Miami. He's accused of trespassing on a yacht and claiming to be quote holding it for President Donald Trump, please say. When the owner of the yacht confronted the man, he refused to leave and made threats. The man, in his fifties, claimed to be a US veteran part of the Hell's Angels. He repeatedly said it was Trump's boat and he was there to protect him, according to the body cam footage. Police eventually arrested the man, who was also wanted for stealing a motorcycle. Ooh, you can't do that. Meaning I love the idea of just always saying it's for the president, right because that works every time, I know, but I feel like they have to check.
Speaker 4: Uh, President Trump, Uh did you ask this guy to get this yacht for you?
Speaker 1: Now? But you at least got one level higher? Right right to your sergeant, go hey, did we get somebody picking up a boat for also for the president? We should make a clear Usually it's more than one person, right, right.
Speaker 4: Couple burned neighbors drone. So this happens last week in a Florida. Right, We're a forty year old dude named Chris. Chris Paula is his name. He was flying his DJI Many three pro drone, not that that means anything, but still, so he's flying his drone around and he loses contact connection with his drone. Now, the drone is programmed to fly back home right if it loses connection to the host. But it didn't, never did, so he trying to figure out what's going on. Apparently it landed in the neighbor's yard, and he found that out because he was able to use the GPS and.
Speaker 1: Find out where it was at.
Speaker 4: So he goes over there and he's like, excuse me, excuse me, my drones in your backyard. And that is when a forty three year old goal named Sandra. Old Sandy gets on through the ring camera and says that you don't have an effing drone anymore, sir, drone?
Speaker 1: What drone? Right?
Speaker 4: So naturally Chris calls the police. The police go up and they're like, ma'am, you got this gun? He's droning her. And Sandra goes off on the cops and tells them that they've had a problem with drones flying over their house lately. They says, they'd be out there, the drones would fly by and then they would just stop and hover over them. Right, So this one landed in their backyard, and that's when Sandy and her old man took the drone and then just threw it in the fire pit and burned it, right, and she see she went to tell the police this is I think it's weird that she was outside undressed when a drone flew over with a camera on it.
Speaker 1: Do you hang out outside neked a lot, Morbyn. I try not to with two young children, nor do I and I don't have any kids in the house anyway. Uh.
Speaker 4: They ended up arresting Sandy and her old man. They went to jail for criminal mischief. But this is a felony because the drone cost over one thousands.
Speaker 1: It does. Yeah, the the DGI Pro Mini three or whatever. You said. You're like, God, if that means it means a lot, is that a good No? No, it's just how they designate the levels of the drone and whether it's high you know, a high end one or just one that you know isn't a big deal, right right.
Speaker 4: I imagine spending over one thousand dollars on and that's gonna be a high end one.
Speaker 1: I want a drone bad. I do too. I do. I got one from a boy. It was a cheap one.
Speaker 4: I think I spend like fifty bucks on it, maybe a hundred or whatever.
Speaker 1: And I played with her for a while and it was fun. You know. It takes a little bit of getting used to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I want one of these fancy ass ones that have the automatic retrieval comes back to the house or whatever if it loses, or automatic stabilization stuff like that. I have a buddy I grew up with in high school, and he stayed around in Iowa and he started flying drones. And now he's got a company where he just pulls up to cornfields and it just he puts it on this opens the sun roof, puts it on the roof, hits go, and it takes off and surveys crops for farmers and moisture level sun like all these things, and then he just then he falls asleep. The drone comes back and then he changes the battery like that. It's all he does all day.
Speaker 1: You'll never get anywhere, playing with you all day. Yes, Yes, he's yeah, he's loaded. Yeah. A head of nonprofit charged with trespassing on Epstein Island. The head of a Memphis based non for profit that combats human trafficking is charged with trespassing on Jeffrey Epstein's private island. The head of the group called We Fight Monsters, identified as Benjamin Ain't Nobody Gonna stop me Owen, is back in Memphis in awaiting arrangement on his charges. He was on the island along with another group that's investigating the Epstein case when police arrested them for trespassing. Members of the other group say they saw no evidence that Epstein was alive. Federal authorities have said Epstein died seven years ago while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. Now, there are some groups of people even locally, that do this type of thing, vigilante investigation type of work. And with this group in particular, you're dumb wasting time. If this is your mission, this is not the object. Were they going there and hope seeing hopes to finding him? Right? Even if it, let's just say he is. Let's just say he's alive. Let's just say he's everything's all good with him. He's not by himself, No.
Speaker 4: And he's not back at home the first place everybody would look.
Speaker 1: He's not on an island that we've deemed Epstein Island, right, he's with Elvis or tupacin. So I'm just saying you're wasting You're doing this just for video clicks for sure. You're not really combating an issue. No, No, you just want people to get your likes on the TikTok.
Speaker 4: No. I've seen some of those videos on the TikTok. I couldn't tell you if they're you know, real or not. I don't know if that's really Epstein's island. You can just be on any island anywhere and tell me that it's Epstein. I okay, yeah, there's palm Dream.
Speaker 1: I think they sold that island anyway, and some other person bought it with who would want that? Oh yeah that's Tintin. Yeah yeah, yeah, right, yeah, that's like that's like reusing a wedding ring. Now listen, nothing's probably gonna happen to you, but it's just bad juju.
Speaker 4: You may have heard some bad things about this place, but listen, we've really revamped it.
Speaker 1: We painted the walls right now. The furniture isn't the same, right. I just think when you're this type of organization and this is what you think you're calling is I think when you stay with things like this that the seven years, it's it feels like a settled case. Yeah we know what's happened, Yeah pretty much. Why don't you go look for I don't know, kids that are currently being trafficked in the local Memphis area. Yeah, maybe focused on that. Ah, they just wanted to reason the rent a boat and go travel, go to the warm destination. Right, all right, we got to take a break. We want to know from you, what's the best and worst of the weekend BMMS and whatever that is to eight two nine four five.
Speaker 4: Good morning, give me well, Good morning, corband. Hey, make sure you're listening. About an hour, you can rock the bank at your first chance, as a matter of fact, the first of thirteen chances today. Just listen for that keyword. Then you take that keyword. Plug it in off the website, the rockscamid dot com. Get yourself a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Good look, we want to know the best and worst of the weekend. What's the best thing that happened in the worst thing? Bmms and whatever that is to eight two nine four five. We'll get to those in a second. Gimpe what's the best and what's the worst?
Speaker 4: I think the best part of the weekend was probably Friday night. My adopted daughter. It's not really didn't really adopt. She's my daughter's cousin on her mama's side, but her mom's a turn and her dad turned training. So I'm like, you need somebody in your life.
Speaker 1: I got you. Welcome to the family turn training like and then also abandon her. Yeah, basically, huh so she turned eighteen. She turned eighteen on Friday.
Speaker 4: Well, it was actually a couple of days before that, but we celebrated Friday.
Speaker 1: Got together.
Speaker 4: Head cake, you know, and I made her the sash and the little thing that goes on your head and that says happy birthday. Yeah, crower, crown tier, something like that, and uh yeah, we just hung out and had a good time, you know. I listening to music, chilling, started a fire, bonfire. It was a good time. Mad all the family after got to hang out with the grand babies.
Speaker 1: That was awesome.
Speaker 4: My all my kids there, except for my oldest boy because he was at work. But his old lady showed up and brought the kids, so that was really cool.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of fun. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Worst part of the weekend, I'd have to say it would be Saturday. Saturday rode out with some friends, about seven of us rode to the Steelhorse Rally. And the Steel Horse Rally was not the worst part, nor was the ride. The worst part comes after the rally on the ride home. Hey, let's stop over here at this Mexican restaurant and get some food.
Speaker 1: Good, I'm starving, let's do this.
Speaker 4: And it was the worst. The food was terrible, the service was horrendous. There's seven of us. We get in there and they set us all seven down at this long table. All right, that's cool, and they you know how most Mexican restaurants, they'll come down basket of chips and your salsa.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 4: Right, well, they come down and they give everybody their own container of salsa and no chips at all, whatsoever. Right, take our drinks, our drink orders. Okay, we get our drink orders in and they bring us our drinks and we're sitting there drinking and a couple of I don't know five minutes pass by and they're like, can we help you with anything? Yeah, can we get some chips for the salsa here that you gave us?
Speaker 1: I mean we could have just picked it up and drank the salsa out of the bowl, I guess.
Speaker 4: So eventually they give us the chips and they're like all right, and then they come back around take everybody's order. And see, now, this is why I don't ever stray away right usually X restaurant. Right, I'm one hundred percent in on a Jimmy changa.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, I was like, you know what, I'm gonna switch it up today. I've seen somebody across the room get some nachos. I was like, ooh, those look good. And I go through and I'm like, okay, they got like three different options for nachos on this here Manana. I'm like, okay, well this one read the description, sounds good, so take your orders. I order my nachos. Fifteen to twenty minutes later pass by. They're finally bringing food out to the table and this person gets their food. This person gets their food. Wait a little wild, wait a little while, this person gets they food. This person gets they food, that person got his food, and men on Robert next to Himmy still sitting there waiting. Everybody else has got through tacos and Enchilada's case Adilla's all right. We're just sitting there waiting, waiting, waiting. Robert finally gets his food. I'm the last one sitting there at the table. Everybody's eating except for me, and then they finally bring out this big ass plate of nachos. I'm like, whoa, that is a lot more than what I was expecting. And it was the worst goddamn nachos that I've ever had.
Speaker 1: How much time between the first person getting their food and you getting your nachos? I'd say at least twenty oh, do you ever said anything?
Speaker 4: No, I'm just like, oh, man, I sit here and wait, and at the moment that I was about to say it, be like, hey, bro, where's my food?
Speaker 1: That's when they come out with it. See if everybody gets their food, if it's like me and Robert in this story, I'd be like, hey, right, where's the rest of us? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I probably should have, because there were other people that were seated after us, in different parts of the restaurant that got Dave food before I even got a damn nachos.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I'm sitting there talking to Bob.
Speaker 4: I'm like, how the hall? How hard is it to make some goddamn nachos? Throw some chips on a plate, some beef and cheese, sour cream whatever it came back? Lettuce was hot and wilty, right, So I don't like nachos. Though the beef was not you know, young abfool at all? Whatsoever it was. I would listen, I ate the whole damn thing because I was starving, okay, but I was not happy with it at all.
Speaker 1: Why was it near the rally where you stopped eat?
Speaker 4: It was not not really was it busy though, No, not really Okay, yeah, I don't know whose idea it was. I was just following the pack and we pull in m I'm like, okay, well I like Mexican food.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Because for the people that don't know, this is not a small rally.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's not the largest either. No no, no, it's fair size. There was a lot of thousands and thousands of bikes there. Like I hear like two hundred thousand people go to this.
Speaker 1: It is a lot.
Speaker 4: It was a lot, and it was just on the outside of town. It was on our way back home or whatever. And I told my buddy Jones, we we don't need to ever stop there ever.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 4: I'm good find something different. I would rather eat at El Chico than that place. And that says a lot.
Speaker 1: Best and worst the weekend. What's the best thing that happened this weekend and the worst thing that happened this weekend. Best part of the weekend would have to be had a nice slow morning Saturday morning, got to have coffee in bed, got to finish a book, like yeah, all the things I like. Okay, so that was pretty awesome. Worst part of the weekend was yesterday started the gas grill and to grill and was eating everything up, went out there, all the everything was out. Now it was windy, and that's not uncommon with the wind blowing as insane as it was to blow out the flames. Yeah, so I'd go to start it again. I could only get one thing, Bernie going. The other knob spins. It just spins. It doesn't do anything, And so I might have to replace this grill. Really, yes, I'm going to try to order the part and replace just the knob. Okay, but if I can't replace and fix it with a twenty dollars knob, which is worth the expense to get it wrong? Sure, I got to drop eight hundred to a thousand bucks to replace this grill. How old is this grill? It came with the house, so over ten?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, then it's probably time. Oh, it's probably time.
Speaker 1: Frustrated would be an inaccurate word. What were you able to cook your food anyway? Oh? Yeah, I figured it out. Okay, did you take the knob off and use pair of players? No? Like it can't even engage, Like it's not even I don't I think something internally like a safety mechanism kicked in and disabled it. Okay, so that sucks. I want to just buy a new one and drop it in. But it's a unique size because that's an outdoor kitchen. Oh it's a unique size. Okay, Yeah, and like a thousand bucks for a grill, is it? It's not what I wanted to spend my money on now. Best and worst of the weekend? What's the best part of the weekend? And the worst part? I know they have cheaper ones, like six hundred dollars ones, but not the size I need. Right, it has to be a very specific size. Sure, you could go smaller, but nobody wants smaller. No, everybody wants more. Absolutely, Best and worst of the weekend. What's the best thing that happened this weekend? And the worst thing that happened this week And worst? Got sunburnt? Best my boyfriend asked me to marry him. Why you were some burner? Was that a result of Best? Got to see Danny Smith blow his engine racing? Worst? Don't have a worse great weekend. Worst of the weekend was got up this morning and pick and pick up wouldn't start. Best of the weekend celebrated my birthday with the bike ride with wife. Enjoyed good food and a great ride. Well, he clearly wasn't with Kimpie. Worst lost my wallet at a bar Friday night. Best family found it and returned it to me Sunday night, fully intact, everything still in it. Nice. Best first time attending Steelhorse Rally. Had an awesome time seeing all the bikes and people watching. No. Worst. Best started moving into a new larger building for our business. Worst, mister, great ride to Steelhorse Rally. Moving sucks. Best was my Star Wars baby turned five today because those who don't know it is the fourth May fourth and the fourth be with you. And had his birthday party over the weekend and had the best birthday of his life. And he got a dirt bike from his Anti. Worst was the pain from kidney stones surgery happening soon. Oof. Yo, if you're having surgery, it's not good news. Like they wait. Yeah, they try to make you know, break it up, They try to help it along. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought you had to, you know, essentially pass it. I didn't know they could do surgery on that.
Speaker 1: Sort of thing. Best got a lot of stuff done that I needed to get done. Worst insurance dragging their feet paying me for someone totaling my kid's car. Yeah, they're not in the paying business. Best went to Texas for a wedding by myself, sans kids. Had the best time. Worst. I'm absolutely exhausted after driving their Friday and back again yesterday. Where'd you go? West Texas? Right? Because Dallas is just four That ain't a biggie m best of the week had the weekend off. The worst of the weekend was the weed eater wouldn't start so I couldn't weed e Oh no, man, sounds like a gift from God, are right? I despies doing that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was mowing a lawn last week, and I have an electrical and I.
Speaker 1: Guess I forgot to put it on the charger. I go out there to fire it up, click click click. Damn it can't trim around the house.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I had to look like white trash this week. Whatever, dude, I bought an electrical trimmer last year. Best decision I ever made. I agree, I agree, and I still got a gas lawnmower. Right and but but it seemed like every year I was fighting with the gas powered whackers, and I said, you know what, just go and go ahead and get an electric want to be done with it. Yeah, best day of my life when I bought that. No kids, better, of course? Uh. Best was played golf on Sunday shot in eighty two. Worst was my wife backed into the closed garage door. Sixty seven hundred dollars to replace it. Okay, Yeah, how does that happen? I don't understand how that happens, not paying any damn attention whatsoever. Probably was backed into the driveway and probably backed in when they normally pull in forward right, and probably just you know, force I have it, throw it and reverse and hit the gas and then boom right into it, not seeing it still need help unless you did it on purpose, that's possible. Yeah. Best, I got my squeaky brake pedal fixed. Worst, it would took way longer than expected. I'm sore going back to work today, and I cut my arms up from putting my arms up in the dash to get the bolt I needed to get. Too. I had a nickel for every time. Worst, none Best. Officially completed my master's degree and got hooded on the elect I hope that means something different right now. I don't know if we should applaud Are you now the grand dragon? I don't love the way that reads best got to see the high school senior in college sophomore play baseball? Worst? No, worst? Happy anniversary lover? Who I think you're talking to you? Not our anniversary? Soon and I'm in college sophone. Wife almost died during routine surgery best finally improving. Yeah, that would be the worst. Yeah, that sucks. Well, like when we say almost died, like what are we talking like? They had to clear right, flat lined at least for a second? Are there with some complications? Right? Nick Denard restarted squirting blood? Yeah everywhere? Did the doctor come in and go we almost lost her? God? I hope that's not how they present it. I just don't he almost lost her. I just don't know what they say during Hey, hey, so we're done, but she almost died, Like I want to know what they say in that situation.
Speaker 4: That probably listen, we had some complications. Okay, things got a little rough there for a second, but.
Speaker 1: She pulled through. Yeah, and she's gonna be fine. That doesn't sound like almost died. Wow, that sounds like a complication, Like, hey, we went in there, there was a little more artery or fat than we thought. Hey, the tools weren't clean. Those are all complications we weren't expecting.
Speaker 4: I think the pulled through part indicates that almost died got close.
Speaker 1: No, no, just you know. No, if I get sick and I have vomiting in diarrhea and I go I pulled through, at no point am I dying.
Speaker 4: I mean you might feel like you're dying. That's not the same, Hey, that you pulled through.
Speaker 1: That's not almost dying.
Speaker 4: It's pretty dramatic, traumatic, dramatic whatever. When you say she pulled through or I pulled through, I made it. It was that close to being horrendo. No, no, subjective wife.
Speaker 1: Almost now we did that best, got to best, got to bedrot Sunday, huh oh, lay in bed not doing anything. The worst that you did on Saturday with the coffee, I mean until seven, but when you're up at four, worst eight at Lost Cobos and it was terrible. I like Lost Cobos. I've got no problem with them.
Speaker 4: They make a good chimmy. Changa's why I always get the chimmy.
Speaker 1: Their chicken breast, that stuff and fried and stuff with cherizo and pepper jack. Shut your stupid mouth. I don't know. I've never had it. Just Jimmy Changa, uh lmao, No, I got hooded on the eleven. It's a term for master's degree. Well that makes sense that I wouldn't know that. Do you have a master's? Just feel like they should call it something else, right, Like I don't know you got your masters? They're not gonna call it the gas chamber like that would be a horrible correlation, right right, Use a different term. How about just say you got your masters? Hey, I get my certificate. Hey they print that thing off from home depot or from office depot, right right? Why you gotta say hooded? Right? You don't wear it any other time? Do people that actually have a hood? Is that an actual hood? Do they ask if you're do people go are you hooded? Don't we know somebody here, one of our salespeople's has their masters?
Speaker 4: Right, yes, I'm gonna have to ask her, like, did you when you got your masters?
Speaker 1: Do they give you an actual hood? Did they call it hooded? Why do you need a hood? Exactly? Are you hiding right smarter than you? It feels that way, because what's the point of the hood. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Fancy I mean saying thing. Think about it, like the.
Speaker 1: It's as douchey as you think. Hooded to symbolize the attainment of advanced knowledge into distinguished graduates. I got a button, a tradition dating back to the eleventh century. Oh good for you. The hood acts as a well wearable douchebag, sorry, wearable diploma, representing the wearer's field of study through a velvet trim of colors.
Speaker 4: Ah okay, So it's not an actual hood.
Speaker 1: It's just that fancy sash thing that they wear. Ah okay, it's not an actual hood. Doesn't look like an actual hood to me. Yeah, that's just a sash. You mean a sash. You got sashed because you won the pageant.
Speaker 4: That's why they call it hooded. Just sounds cooler. First person that ever said I got sash.
Speaker 1: They're like, hmm, really, I'm not a regular gradulant. Calm down, we're just joking. If you're you have a master's you should be able to handle it. Real. Uh lost five units of blood and almost coated damium almost being the keyword. Yeah, yes, Hey, listen, I don't want to take anything away from your near death experience for your partner doc said it got ugly, but got through it best. It was a long vacation type weekend. I got to see my son graduate basic training for the Air Force. Worst had to drive back from San Antonio. Uh. Hey, now we spend a lot of money on a degree. But I agree, not my term. Yes, we have an extra hoodie thing that goes over our neck. Don't use the Hey, we spend a lot of money thing.
Speaker 4: That's your choice, right, you spent a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Uh Los cabos queso with beef is the best true at Yeah, I like their caso with the tarizo inside. Amenn on that one master's degree in Jedi studies, be happy for me. Settle down, you have your masters man, tough it up. I don't have a mask. What's it matter if I'm making fun of it? I don't have one. I'll never get a master's. You have achieved something. Nobody in this, this rumor, the one next to me, we'll ever do. Who cares if I make fun of it? We do with jealousy. Yeah, make fun of you. It's fine. You clearly don't have your masters in smart assery. You didn't. You got an associate's degree in tough skin.
Speaker 4: This person's going to spend the next three weeks in bed because of us.
Speaker 1: Cormyn mostly you, yeah, but don't know a lot about it. Yeah right, best. My son and I went to our first WWE match at the Bok Center. It was awesome. Worst twenty five dollars bills really break the budget, dude. The photos from WWE on Fried looked awesome. It was pretty bad. Yes, I didn't see any yes facebooks. But okay, all right, we got to take a break. We come back. We got tickets to rock Lahoma. I feel pretty good about this. This is now. I feel pretty good about the note off. So we're gonna see if I can stump you guys for longer than a minute. Uh, tickets to Rockahoma on the line. Will give those away when we come back. You're listening to the Big Mad Morning Show. You gotta see what's in Get beasts four by four. Oh.
Speaker 4: This is here that Trump says the US will begin escorting ships through the Street of wor moves. President Trump said that the US will begin escorting commercial ships ships through the Strait of Horror Moves, offering little indication that he is prepared to accept a recent proposal from Tehran, aimed at ending the conflict. He announced that the escorts, not hookers, will start today, describing the move as a response to requests from several unnamed countries not directly involved in the fighting, that asked Washington to help free ships currently unable to move through the waterway.
Speaker 1: Trump said the.
Speaker 4: Move is for the good of Iran, the Middle East, and the US. Spirit Airlines shuts down after thirty four years of operation. The sudden collapse of Spared Airlines is impacting thousands of employees and travelers. The discount carrier announced early Saturday it's canceling all flights and going out of business after failing to reach a deal with the government bailout. Spirits said in a statement of that passengers who booked flights with credit cards or debit cards will automatically get refunds.
Speaker 1: So there was a pilot that was having his one hundred flight or something like that. Two thousand, there was some crazy one, but they shut down, so he couldn't do it. He had to do it as a passenger. He ended on a Southwest flight, and so they they went ahead and did the whole water cannon thing. When his plane came in they had a thing for him on a competing airline when he landed. That's cool that they did that. They still honored that for him. Yeah, what else we got here? Games stop offers to buy eBay.
Speaker 4: The video game retailer made the unsolicited offers, suggesting one hundred and twenty five dollars per share for the online marketplace. Shares of eBay surged more than thirteen percent in after hours trading following the Sunday offer.
Speaker 1: So the talk amongst the ladies is that they want to go headhead against Amazon, and they think they can take a chunk of the pie. I don't think they can beat Amazon, but they're like, maybe they will one day. He feels like they can combine and take a piece of it. If you take five percent, two percent of Amazon, you deny, right right?
Speaker 4: Amazon, Google, Facebook, Those are like the big giants right now. So yeah, if you can get any kind of crumbs, yeah, piece of that. Good for them, Good for them.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 4: Lastly, here Haskell plans to install a new water pump to address the quality concerns city God damn it WELLA.
Speaker 1: City leaders and Haskell started work and.
Speaker 4: To improve water quality after repeated safety notices raised concerns among residents. City Manager Michael Keane said the issue stemmed from how the city received its water. He says Haskell relies on two main sources, all Field east of town and water supplied for Muskogie. To address the issue, the city is installing a new ninety three thousand dollars water pump in the southern part of town. The pump will help reduce chemicals and improve water pressure for nearby res Good morning Gimpie, Well, good morning Corb, and Brett Michaels with his hair piece and all of his makeup will be at the River Spirit at the end of this month, the twenty eighth to the exac. You want to go for free, we'll send you there. Just click on that contestab right there on the free iHeartRadio WEP.
Speaker 1: Normally at the time we would do our listeners are awesome. Sometimes things come up and they have to cancel or reschedule, and that's what happened today, So we are not going to be able to do our listeners are awesome. So I found a list of foods from the nineties that are no longer around. Okay, we'll see if you've ever had them or missed them. Okay. First one I have is fruit Topia. Fruit Topia. That was a real fruit beverage.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, I had it once, maybe twice.
Speaker 1: Don't miss it. I don't feel like it was I mean, I don't miss it. It was fine. It was pre made fruit. How about squeeze Its? Squeeze Ites were good.
Speaker 4: My ma would get those from my little brother's lunch because he was in kindergarten first grade when those things came out, and she'd get mad because we would drink them all before school started.
Speaker 1: So those don't remember. They were like a little six pack of these little plastic bottles filled with kool Aid essentially, and it had a weird top opener where you just twisted it off and then there was just this whole like a sports bottle and you squirted it into your mouth. Very phallic looking bottles. A lollipop paint shop. Do you remember this? It was candy, but it looked like a paintbrush.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah yeah. Never got into that me neither. Butterfinger Bebi's, Oh yeah. I don't know why these didn't stick around. I don't know if any other brand of them, like version of the Bebe stuck around.
Speaker 1: It's a brilliant way to deliver the candy bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I think like Reese's Pieces or M and ms or stuff like that. But it's butterfinger. I thought they were awesome, but.
Speaker 1: I love butterfingers. Underrated, Yeah, you can't go wrong. Twisted Cheetos puffs, Twisted. I do not remember twisted. They're cheese puffs, but they're corkscrew Okay. I never had these. I don't miss them at all. They ended in twenty twelve, believe it or not. Okay, yeah, I remember those. Okay, Twizzler Sours, No, never mess with them. Never had them. Peanut butter crisps. They are peanut butter inside a crispy crunchy outside.
Speaker 4: Those were known as pete crisps. Okay, And I do remember those from Planters.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, they were all right, These I remember, and they were delicious. And those are Philly cheese Cake bar Philadelphia cheesecake bars. Okay, like comes on a popsicle stick or something like that. No, no, no, it was like a like a cookie type of thing and it had the Graham cracker crust and then it had some sort of cheese cake thing jelly in the middle and then it was drizzled. That sounds they were amazing. Uh Sprite remix. I don't remember Sprite remix. I don't know what made it different from other Sprite.
Speaker 4: Well, they had fruit flavors, tropical, verry clear, and a Ruba jam.
Speaker 1: That's what made it. That's that was the twist the remix. Okay, yeah, Now I feel like they have a bunch of these Sprite flavors. They do, they sure do.
Speaker 4: And it was like every soda company's coming out with different flavors.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I was walking through Walmart and seeing the stack in the middle of the aisle. There a mountain dew and they had like six different flavors in Mountain de It was like, wow, it's overwhelming. Uh yeah, Sprite cherry lime Okay, they've got that, Uh, Sprite and tea. These are current Sprite Tropical mix okay.
Speaker 1: Uh, Sprite lemonade, which it's already living lime, Sprite cherry okay, and then the ever important Sprite Mexico. What was that taste? Like one hundred percent sugar? Really yeah, they don't use like corn syrup anything.
Speaker 4: Sugar, okay, Like like uh, like mountain dew like their first second I don't know if they still have it or not.
Speaker 1: It's real sugar Mountain dew. We've always called it like Mexican Coca cola, our Mexican sprite, and it comes in a glass bottle and it's got one hundred percent sugar in it instead of whatever they do here. Uh. Next one on this list, which I swear I just bought some of these from my kids and they didn't like it, was Oreos.
Speaker 4: I thought they still made Oreos the cereal oh Oreo Cereal.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Uh, Kudos bars. They were trying to like make you believe it was a combination of Dove chocolate, M and M's and Snickers. Yeah, I remember those into a bar. They weren't too bad. No, I mean it's a granola bar laced with chocolate. I remember these, but I only got them when I went to a friend's house because they were too expensive for us to buy. And that was Pillsbury waffle sticks. And they would come with a dipping cup of maple of syrup, I should say, and you would get them and dip them in. It was silly, but it was yummy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Fruit string things, fruit string things, yes, So it was like instead of a fruit roll up. It came kind of like that, but it was a string and you pulled it off of the paper and it came out as a full string. Okay, came in strawberry and I think another flavor, but I can't remember. Oh yeah, I remember those.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: These are an example of why they went away, and probably the anomaly to butterfinger Bebe's and that was Reese's bites, Reese's peanut butter bites. Okah, yeah, So they took the cup and made it into like a bite like a bebe and it just didn't work. The magic of Reese's peanut butter cups is the chocolate to peanut butter proportion, right, and when you mess with it, it changes the way it tastes.
Speaker 4: Yes, as we have learned with the Reese's eggs. Yes, I think that's way too much peanut butter to chocolate. The Christmas trees, all those seasonal reeses.
Speaker 1: Just stick with the cup man, And these feel like a little too close to pieces, right, I do.
Speaker 4: I like the pieces, probably candy coating on the outside, and.
Speaker 1: It's a different peanut butter. Yeah, nest Quick cereal, So it was chocolate cereal, but the nest Quick brand, you know nest Quick, the powdery Uh what. I grew up with chocolate milk because we couldn't afford the Hershey squirt bottle or god forbid buy chocolate milk, right, no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: And don't try to use cocoa powder to make your chocolate milk, because that disgusting.
Speaker 1: Cereal straws. Do you remember these?
Speaker 4: Yes, I never got any, but I had friends in middle school who got them. I was slightly jealous because they look they look like listen, it's a straw you can eat trendy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, for those who don't know, it was a straw to have the milk in your cereal. Or you could just get a glass of milk and stick it in there and it's like cereal. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm a huge fan of utensils. You can eat all out of the taco bowl. Okay, right, the straws. The ooze tube.
Speaker 1: Band name, by the way, So this was like jellied candy in a squeeze tube. Uh huh, yep, I remember those. They're sour. They're not for me. We never got to have these go tarts goatars. That's tarts t A R T s not a d you weardose and it was pop tarts but in a bar form that you could eat on the go because pop tarts are so invasive, right.
Speaker 4: Well, they're just so big. These are, you know, manageable. You can grab this with one hand.
Speaker 1: Reese's Bits some'mores. Now they sell Reese's Bits with the cheese or the peanut butter. But these were so'mores. So they were Ritz's Graham cracker with chocolate and marshmallow in the middle. Okay, any s'mores item, you got me? Yeah, I'm on board with Pepsi blue, so remember that. Yeah, where Pepsi blue made a mistake is they tried to latch onto pepsi right instead of going with mountain dew. Because now mountain dew they have the image. They can put any flavor and change the color and everything and ain't nobody care.
Speaker 4: Right, Mountain dew cola was what this could have been, Yes, because it's blue, but it tastes like pepsi, kind of like crystal.
Speaker 1: Pepsi was clear, but it tasted like pepsi. Ish. I would argue it's Jesus in the toast. So as long as I tell you what it is, you'll just believe what it is. It probably tastes more like mountain dew than it did Coca Cola swoops. Do you remember swoops Swoops? No, they were pringles, but they had chocolate on them and like like swirls of peanut butter, and they were delicious.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, okay, a lot of these. I gotta go back and look at the packaging. But yeah, yeah, I remember these.
Speaker 1: Pizza rheas my buddies, the Keebler Elves. They would make these chips that were supposed to taste like pizza, and they were not good. But I'm partial because I don't love chips that have powder on them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, I remember those a lot of those times. Like you get the combos that are supposed to be like pepperoni flavored, pizza flavored.
Speaker 1: They don't. I don't. I don't think they taste like pizza at all. I've never liked combosh lime flavored skittles. Eh. Yeah, apparently they were a thing. But they are back in line. Yeah, they're back now. Everybody thinks it's the inside that makes them taste flavored. Nope, No, they all skittles. Taste the same. They spray them on the outside. That looks disgusting. I remember this next one and I loved it. Orange Slice the drink. Yes, the orange is anymore huh no, but apparently it comes back at you know, different times. But now they've added something else to it because it's not the same. But or I love orange sodas. Yeah, so like Fonto's okay crushes Okay, but there's a couple others anomaly ones out there that are so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have never I'm not on a big orange soda kind of guy. I like like peach flavored for sure, Peach knee high, grape knee high, That's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: These I remember, thought they were so delicious cream savers. They looked like peppermint candies, but they were like milky and creamy. Yes, yes, I remember these. Apparently you can order some of this stuff too on Amazon. Yogos I don't remember yogas, but they were little yogurt fruit snacks. Yes, I remember those. Not that good. I thought you could still get this. But berries and cream doctor pepper, Uh okay, they have.
Speaker 4: Oh it's strawberry and cream soda. I don't know what the difference is.
Speaker 1: Well, one's Dr Pepper and one's cream soda.
Speaker 4: Well, no, that's what I'm talking about. Doct Peper has a flavor that strawberry and cream soda. Right, Well, this is this Doctor Pepper. Yeah, yeah's berries and cream. Dodor Pepper's another one. They won't they'll put any flavor in there.
Speaker 1: I don't care why it works. Kiss Ables, which I don't remember these, but essentially they were Hershey Kisses in different colors, candy coated. Uh, I can't believe this isn't around. I thought this cyrea was delicious. Waffle crisp, waffle crisp. Huh oh my gosh, so good. It tasted like maple essentially.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, see we never got any of those those too fancy to eating kicks, too busy eating corn flakes.
Speaker 1: Skittles, bubble gum. I thought that was good. I don't remember that ice break breakers liquid ice. So they were little breath mints, but you popped them open like bobo balls or whatever those things are, boba and then and then you pop it in like juice, pops out and it's supposed to make your breath fresh and nasties.
Speaker 4: Right, the gusher's candy. Yeah, where it's got that goose in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Oreo cakesters, Now, I thought you could get these because I got them from my kids. I feel like, not too long. Maybe they're just called something else, but I got them and I think they're delicious. My kids didn't like them, but I loved them, like a like a whoopee pie kind of yeah with oreos. Okay, uh, I love these too. Man Altoid sours.
Speaker 4: Oh God, no one sour to My body who died in high school talked about him a lot. He was huge on the Altoids, always had a can of Altoids with him everywhere, and that stuff is so god dang strong. Yeah, I'm like, I'm out. I like Altoids. Yeah it works. I just I was in it for the ten. Let me get that ten when you're done right, store stuff in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The sours were good, man, they were really good. And then the number one thing they have in this list of foods that have been canceled Choco Taco Man. I tell you what.
Speaker 4: Part of me misses them, right because Taco Bell sold them for a long time and then they discontinued him. I don't want to say that they brought him back but then probably discontinued him again. But I like the premise behind it. But for me, the quote unquote shell waffle comb, it always seemed soft and like like like they've been sitting there for a while, you know what I mean. Isn't crispy, It didn't break apart or anything. It just seemed soft and stale.
Speaker 1: I always feel like it's this is just one of those things you just jump on board with for the novelty of it. You know, they aren't good, They just aren't. They're no better than They're no better than the the cones that have the ice cream and stuff in it and the truss sticks. Yeah, yeah, they're not better than that.
Speaker 4: No, it's the same basic premise though, the exact same ice cream chocolate on top.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just the novelty. If they were so good, y'all would have ordered it and they'd have them in stock still, right, you just are like, nuh, it's gone, we'll never see it again. Bring back the chocolate. It's like chili cheese burrito, right, I remember that as being My memory of it was so good, Right, I'd love those at Taco Bell when I worked over nights. I would get one and eat. They were great, and then they just went away. Yeah, everybody complaining. The bitched and had to do an online thing and it's it's nothingre corporate America. And they went fine, and they bring it back and guess what, it doesn't last very long because no one buys them. Same way with the Mexican pizza they did bring that. I love that though. It was so good. All right, they're a little messy, but they yeah that in a toastada. Oh my god. All right, we got to take a break. We'll be back. More of The Big Man Morning Show is next. So I thought this was interesting. Dana White says that the UFC Outdoor White House card we able, We'll be able to handle rain or even snow if that were an issue, but it said lightning would be the biggest concern that could stop it. Now, the event is scheduled for June fourteenth. That's still going on.
Speaker 4: Huh, Yes, okay, I remember them announcing it, but we all thought, how's that.
Speaker 1: Going to work out? Security, so on and so forth. So the they're gonna use it the White House lawn and they're working with the military and other war weather forecasting companies to monitor conditions closely. White says that they'll get updates every two hour starting in ten days, and then hourly updates seven days out, and if lightning becomes a threat, they may have to move the event earlier or later by a couple of hours. This is interesting, right, So I started doing some investigating to find out the situation and what this would look like. So there is no tickets. Really, you have to be a VIP or dignitary to watch the event where the cage will be. Okay, they're going to have a watch party in another area of Washington, DC. That is, you probably will be able to see the facility where the event's happening. But they're going to hold the quote overflow is what they're calling it, in the ellipse, which is at least two three, maybe even four football fields away from where the event is. And you obviously can have less security and it can be a different setup, and so there's still a lot of confusion on that arrangement. They haven't really given a lot of details. Now they think there'll be about three to four thousand that can sit where the cage is going to happen, and just the security of loan. I mean, it isn't just a security that is an issue. It's they got to know where every cable's being laid, right. Think about that for a production, the amount of cables it takes to put something like this on and the setup and how many days out do they have to do the setup? Right. It's not the first time the UFC has done an outside event. They have done a couple real outside, open air events. Some of them you might remember, some of you might not. UFC on Fox twenty eight was an outside type of set up, no walls or roof and closure, right. And then they did UFC Fight Island, which was an event they did for a while and it was outside. But they're saying that as far as setup goes, thirty days out they do final approvals and they start doing security with military and Secret Service, and then they have camera positions locked up by then, okay, and then ten to twenty one I'm sorry, fourteen to twenty one days out they'll start dealing with power distribution, fiber broadcast cables, ground protection so they don't tear up the ground, huh, Right, And then seven to ten days out they start building the main structure and then lighting and all that, and then three to five they start bringing in the cameras and the trucks and all that stuff, do fighter walk throughs things like that, and then do final testing and weather adjustments.
Speaker 4: Then I wonder if everybody that's involved in that production has to have like a background check. I would think I would like to think that. You imagine that they would. That's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Previously I would say, yes, Currently I don't probably not, Okay, wait say that. It just seems like there's not as much red tape used, okay to try and make things happen, and that up to debate on whether that's good or bad. Right. But the other part of this is the fighter experience. So typically if it's outside and I look, the weather's going to be like ninety five degrees nice. Yeah, humidity is not a fighter's friend. They sweat more, they get gassed more. When one of the elements is grappling, there'll you'll probably see less of that because guys will be so sweaty. So probably a lot of striking and you're gonna go, oh, that's good maybe, but if you're fatigued, it doesn't give them a chance to relax. And get your breath. Yeah, a lot of them have complained on outside events how harder it is to breathe, And how do you prepare for humidity? I guess you pumped the room full of humid. I don't know, yeh. And then there's a whole issue of wind, like how windy will it be? Right? And you're going well, wind with it's not gonna affect them. It can affect a punch or a kick.
Speaker 4: You think so it can, yes, maybe with one hundred mile an hour gust.
Speaker 1: No, you're thinking too literal, Like if I throw a think of a kick of a football right right, the wind plays an effect on it to a degree, and you have to compensate. Punchers aren't used to that. Kickers aren't used to having to make an adjustment because of the environment around them.
Speaker 4: I could see where you're at, like so far as like football, golf balls, baseball, all that stuff. Right, it's a small projectile that's going through the air and there's nothing around it to control it.
Speaker 1: My thought is you're.
Speaker 4: Your fist is attached to your arm, which get attached to your body. Yeah, so you can still control it and cut through the wind. You know, you'd like to think that I could see how like maybe it might affect you mentally. R.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your head's not in the game because it feels different. Yeah. Yeah. And if it's all VIP and dignantaries, I don't know how much crowd noise they'll be right, which is fine. There have been events where fighters have done that before when there wasn't crowds, and anyone I've talked to that did that always said it was really weird. Like you do something big and you can hear the fighters talking to each other and it was just kind of awkward. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, think of like during COVID twenty twenty, remember WWE, Right, they didn't have anybody in the stands, Yeah, whatsoever. It was just them out there in the in the matt wrestling and you could hear every little thing.
Speaker 1: It was bizarre. It was bizarre watching that, right. I remember time watching a fight and the guy was hammer fistering fisting the guy and he stopped and said something. You could I forget what he said, but he could hear him talk to him and then keep hitting and You're like, what's happening? This is weird, boob. So you want to go for lunch after this and I know what you're gonna say. You're gonna go there's plenty of boxing matches outside. Absolutely, you are absolutely correct. Boxing and MMA are not the same, right, They're both fighting, right, but it's just not the same, right right. It's like saying soccer and football are the same. They are not.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, what were they trying to say, They're like, because there's boxing house, that makes it easier to me.
Speaker 1: That's about There have been plenty of boxing matches outside. Okay, that's happened for years and years.
Speaker 4: He just need to have events like that outside instead of being I agree, inside.
Speaker 1: Of a building, an arena or something like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if the weather's nice, totally, totally, yeah, lightning.
Speaker 1: I checked the weather. It's supposed to be like ninety two ninety five that day, but it's supposed to rain all the way up until that day. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're going to thrash that White House long and who do you think pas to fix it?
Speaker 1: Right? We do? That's in June, yeah, June fourteenth, okay, yeah, so just over a month away. Okay. Uh. Somebody texting and said, not to sound too conspiratorial, but the UFC event could be yet another attempt on Trump's life. This might be the final justification to use taxpayer dollars and build the multi Ah, if they had a ballroom, they wouldn't be able to do a UFC event in it, You don't think, I mean it could hold a cage, right, But it'll look weird. It won't look right so far as like crowd people see it, all that stuff, and it's gonna look grand like it would. It would look weird, right, Uh. And I hope it's not another attempt on I don't want any president getting shot or shot at. Right. And people are like, oh, well it's all fake. If it's fake, that's a whole other level of crazy, right, like they're setting it up. That's a whole other level. Like, I don't know if we can handle it being fake. No, you think aliens will make people unhinged to say the same thing that will make people unhinged. Can't handle et let alone. Oh they're all behind it all right, We got to take a break, we'll be back.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Oh, good morning, Gorbyn. Just gotta know the keyword to rock the bank. You can take that keyword on over the free I Heeart radio and plug it in. I think it was family And if you missed it, that's okay because you got other chances throughout the day.
Speaker 1: Just keep on listening, all right, join us in the studio. Now. Is Jeff Hinsley Heinsling associate. It's good morning, Jeff.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 1: Jeff's here to answer any questions you have about family law, custody, guardianship, name change, anything that you might find yourself being a part of. And people think sometimes it's always got to be like a divorce. No family law can be a bunch of different things, right, Jeff, that's right, absolutely, So anything name change is something that's pretty Adoption is one that people think of. The one that we got an email on this morning said, my son eighteen got his girlfriend pregnant. Uh oh, and he doesn't want to take responsibility because he said he was trying he said, he said she was trying to baby trap him into marriage, and she has decided to put the baby on adoption when the baby is born. My first thought was to adopt my grandbaby, but I don't know if I even can do that because I'm single. If I decided to do that, can I adopt being single? And if the answer is yes, what are the requirements for adoption?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you know you can do You can be single. There's no requirement that you be married. It's just that if you are married, you have to be married at least a year. So you know, we've read about this all the time celebrities. I mean Sandra Bullock for example, she's adopted a bunch of kids.
Speaker 5: I think Charlie's their own.
Speaker 6: There's been a bunch of them. You don't have that are all single and have adopted in multiple children. You don't have to be married to adopt a child. So in this situation, he could do what he's doing or wants to do. As far as requirements are concerned, I mean, the main thing is is no criminal background as far as no felonies and things like that. You know, if the child is native, then you've got equas. So that's I w IQUA, I c w A. Caffeine hasn't kicked in Indian child well for act and you know that kicks in as to who the native parent is and all those kind of things. But yeah, I mean, you can definitely adopt as a single person. You don't have to be married. It's just that if you are married. You have to be married at least one year.
Speaker 1: What are some of the things that this person should expect to have to answer for or about if they decide to go for the adoption.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, in situations like this, there will be a home study that's required because it's not a step parent adoption, which means they've got to come check out your home and make sure it's safe. They're gonna check, They're gonna do all sorts of background checks to make sure that you don't have any thing, you know, hiding your past as far as felonies and misdemeanors and you know, all arrest.
Speaker 5: And all that kind of stuffs. They do all those kind of backgrounds.
Speaker 6: They check to make sure that you're financially stable and all that. I mean, if you're broke off your butt or you know, living by selling drugs and things like that and just not getting caughtun they do an extensive background to make sure everything is safe. And I'm not saying this guy as any of these things. Please don't misunderstand me. I'm just saying those are the kind of questions. So, yeah, I mean, I think it's a good idea if your son's not wanting to man up and do the right thing. And here's the other thing I want to kind of throw in there. Even the kid said, this eighteen year old kid said that she was trying to baby trap him and force him into marriage. You don't have to get married just because you knock somebody up. Now, Should you be taking care of your baby? Absolutely, Okay, being involved into child's life, paying child support, all the kind of things, you know, And that's the so you know, it's one of those things that he can also protest and object to the adoption as well. I mean, because he is the natural and biological father and he could take control of that. But you know, that's a decision he has to make at his own age as to how he wants to.
Speaker 5: Do it and all that.
Speaker 6: So, you know, all personal choices, but regardless, give us a call.
Speaker 1: Jeff Finsley from Hensley Associates is in the studio to answer your questions about family law, divorce, custody, guardianship, name changes, adoptions, adult guardianships. He's here to answer those questions. Eight three three four six, oh kmod. You can text BMMS and whatever your question is to eight two nine four five or you can em out show at kmod dot com. This text says, my brother is a felon. He thinks he has no leg to stand on when it comes to divorce and custody of his children. How screwed is he?
Speaker 6: He's not necessarily screwed. It only kind of boils down to what was the felony. You know, was it one where you were abusing children or molesting children or you know, things of that nature. How long ago was it? How old is it? Is it ten, fifteen, twenty years old? Is it last week? You know, the age involves in it as far as the felony, the felony and when it happened.
Speaker 5: Also, you know, was it selling drugs? Are you someone who's.
Speaker 6: Addicted to drugs? If that's the case, then you know, are you clean now? How long have you been clean?
Speaker 5: And there's a lot of uh.
Speaker 6: It's hard to answer this one without specifics, but it's one of those things that the judge has to look at everything that's involved. I mean, if it's a twenty year felony and you served your time and you've not had any infraction since that time, it's not gonna into it at all unless you've got some sort of you know, history of molesting children or abusing children or something like that. That will always play into it no matter how old it is. But at the same time too, you know, if it's a you know, if you got a felony marijuana charge from the seventies right or the eighties, judges aren't going to care about that. So it's very case specific, and that's why you want to call us so that we can get details from you to give you the best answer.
Speaker 1: Jeff Finsley's in the studio BMMS and whatever you'd like to say to the phone number eight two nine four five to ask him any question about family law, or email show at kmod dot com or call eight three three four six oh KMO d H. This says my husband and I have been sleeping in separate rooms for about eight months. We've talked about splitting up, but neither of us have actually filed any paperwork. Are we still fully legally married? Like? Could he go make a big financial decision and I be on the hook for it?
Speaker 6: Absolutely if you're still living together, even if it's in the same house, in your separate bedrooms. I mean, heck, historically, if you look presidents and their wives have separate bedrooms because of the things that presidents have to do all throughout the hours of the day.
Speaker 5: So my point is is just because.
Speaker 1: You're where you sleep is not important.
Speaker 6: Right where you sleep is not important unless you've left the house and you're you know, you have made the cognitive choice of I am moving out, I've left, I've got my own place, or I'm permanently staying with my relatives my parents, aunts, uncle, what you know, brothers, sis, or whatever it may be.
Speaker 5: That's different.
Speaker 6: If you permanently choose to leave the house and you are officially separated, then yes, that's a different that's very different than oh, we're just sleeping in different bedrooms.
Speaker 5: Because you know, we're thinking about getting a divorce.
Speaker 1: If financially you couldn't move out, how would you establish separation?
Speaker 6: Sure, well you can't establish separation, but from the date of filing of the divorce moving forward, anything that you build up by dead or asset after the date of filing would be considered separate. But until if you can't afford to move out, then you know, that's kind of what we do, that's kind of how it's looked at.
Speaker 1: And so they would have to file. There's no way around there to establish.
Speaker 5: They would have to They would have to file to establish.
Speaker 6: This is the date that anything moving forward is going to be on the individual person who gets it, whether it be a debt or an asset or whatever it may be.
Speaker 1: This is kind of along those lines. I moved out of our house three months ago because the situation was toxic and I needed the space. My lawyer is telling me that could hurt my case for keeping the house in the divorce. How is leaving bad situation leave it a bad situation being used against me? How is that work?
Speaker 5: So this happens a lot.
Speaker 6: It happens with kids, you know, if you you move out because it's toxic and it's affecting everybody, including your kids. Sometimes look judges, look as well, you're abandoning being involved in their lives.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: It's one of those things that you can never give up your marital share or marital interest in the house if you move out. Okay, you're not gonna lose your marital interest in that. So let's say you have a just for argument's sake and easy numbers, let's say you've got one hundred thousand dollars in equity in the marital house, you move out because it's toxic, you're still entitled to your half. The question then becomes is who gets the house? Well, I mean one of the biggest things. And I don't know who the lawyer is. And maybe again, there's always more facts than what we're told here on our segment, simply because we don't have time. But you know, let's say that the guy, the person that moves out can't afford the house can and the one that stays in cannot. Well, the one that can't afford it isn't going to stay there long term. It isn't going to house have the house long term simply because they can't afford it. So could it be used against you potentially?
Speaker 5: But I need more detail.
Speaker 6: I need to know what's going on, what's you know, what's more going on with your case and things like that. Just because you move out doesn't mean you abandon you're right in the house or your interest in the house as far as who lives there and who doesn't live there. You know, again, just because someone is staying there that because you've moved out, if they can't afford the place, they're not going to get the place.
Speaker 5: It's really that simple.
Speaker 1: That's the way it worked for me. When I got divorced, I left the house and wasn't in the house for five months, right, and the divorce the judge gave me the house because she could not pay for it.
Speaker 5: Right, And that's typically what happens now.
Speaker 6: I owe her, right, I mean, you still owe her her equity share, absolutely, and that's not in dispute.
Speaker 5: I don't think I want to make that clear.
Speaker 6: Even though you keep the house, you still owe the other person their marital share. But if they can't afford it, the judge is not going to let some house go into foreclosure just because and give it to somebody because they think they're entitled to it or well, this is where the kids have lived all their lives and all that. Judges don't care. They've got to after they've make sure the children are safe, they've got to make sure from a financial standpoint, they're not putting people into four closure and you know, bankruptcy.
Speaker 1: Well, and just because you don't get the house would mean you also would be entitled to your right all.
Speaker 6: Right, Right, that's what I was saying. You can never unless you just say I don't want it. Moving out does not negate or get rid of your marital interest.
Speaker 5: You always have that, whether you move out or not.
Speaker 1: Period. And for a little bit further on, mine is I took the house and sold it, and she thought there'd be all this money and there wasn't. I actually owed money in the closing of the house because.
Speaker 5: We were here, and that happens too, I mean, and then.
Speaker 1: She suddenly didn't want to be any part of it right when we had to split the differ.
Speaker 5: We got the house.
Speaker 1: So he's going to yes, yes, that's exactly how that went down.
Speaker 6: That's why you always when we put in the if the house is to be sold, okay, that the parties are to split any equity and or debt and involved.
Speaker 5: With the sale of the house. You know that way, they're both entitled to cover those portions of it. So if that's how that case.
Speaker 1: Is, Jeff Finsley from Hinsley Associates is here to answer your questions about family law. This text that we got says my daughter plays travel sports, and in our paperwork it says my ex wife and I are to split the cost for our daughter's activities. She has never helped pay for lessons, uniforms, are any of the other sports expenses, and I've been covering the cost the whole time. Is this something that's worth going to court over? She says she can't afford her pat her part of the.
Speaker 5: Costs doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: I mean, if an order is an order, if you're supposed to split those costs. Now understand, you have to present her with receipts.
Speaker 5: Okay. You can't just say send.
Speaker 6: Her a Texas says, okay, the fee was six hundred dollars and your your half is three hundred.
Speaker 5: I mean you have to.
Speaker 6: First of all, you have to give them notice by sending them a copy of a bill or a receipt or an invoice or something like that, so they're put on unaware of what's going on. And of course then the time starts running. As some himes, they have to pay, whether she can afford it or not. That's what the order says. Is it worth going after?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 6: I mean, are you out thousands and thousands and ten thousands of dollars on these things? Because sports are expensive, doesn't matter what you play or what you do. Cheerleading's got awful, you know, as far as expenses are concerned. I mean, there are sports out there that are super super expensive, and especially if they're on travel teams and you're having to pay for food and getting in gas or airfare or hotels or whatever it maybe if you're out thousands of dollars, Yeah, it's definitely worth getting it back going for it.
Speaker 5: So please give us a call.
Speaker 6: We can file a contempt, hold her in contempt of court and get her to start paying that stuff.
Speaker 5: This idea of oh well I can't afford it, well, you should never agreed to it.
Speaker 6: And if you didn't agree to it, and that's what ne hada hearing, that's what the judge gave you, then sorry, the judge thought you could handle it.
Speaker 5: You've got something else going on. You need to get yourself straight.
Speaker 1: Jeff Finsley from Hensley and Associates is in the studio. He's here to answer your questions about any family loss scenario you are finding yourself in, and that can be custody, guardianship, name changes, any any of those things that have to do with family law. You should colls us eight three three four six oh kmod or email show at kmod dot com like this one. Do I have to get my daughter's mom's permission to get on the birth certificate.
Speaker 6: So let's go at this two ways, all right. The first way is let's assume that there is no court order in regards to paternity, okay, and you want to get in the birth certificate. Do you need permission? Yeah, because it's not been established that your dad yet. You didn't sign the birth certificate at the hospital. You didn't sign any acknowledgment. I mean, there has to be basically an adjudication by a court that says you are dad.
Speaker 5: Then you can take that order, send.
Speaker 6: It to the Office of Vital Statisicus and Records and get the name changed. Now do you need I assume when he says name change, he's wanting to change the child's last name to his because he didn't sign any acknowledgment or the birth certificate at the hospital.
Speaker 5: Okay. So that's that's tacked one.
Speaker 6: If you're wanting to just if you're the custodial parent, meaning you've got soul custody and mom's off in La La land and the kid's got a different last name, and you want to change the kid's last name to yours or whatever it may be, do you have to give notice.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, they have a right to object to the name being changed. Do you have to get permission? Again?
Speaker 6: Not necessarily. I mean again you have to give them notice. They may do nothing, but they have a right to object to that. So that's kind of the two taxes.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: Are we doing it from a praternity standpoint? Are we doing it from I've got care and control?
Speaker 5: Anyway? Mom's off in La La land. No one knows where she's at.
Speaker 6: And I want to change this kid's last name to mine because she wants it. The kid wants to have the same last name as me because it was different when she was born.
Speaker 5: Do I have to give notice to mom?
Speaker 1: If?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Okay?
Speaker 6: And if you can't find her, you've got you've got a public I mean, you have to follow one of the three service rules in the state of Oklahoma to give her notice, and she has a right to object if that happens.
Speaker 1: Oh, and we see that happen a lot where maybe one of the party members go missing in this case of mom, and the dad just steps in because it's the right thing to do and he thinks he's the parent, when in reality, the mom could come back at any point because he's never established he's the father, right or or vice versa.
Speaker 6: I mean, let's say the kid had the last name of the biodad and Biodad disappears and mom wants to change it to her last name.
Speaker 5: I mean she still has to give notice.
Speaker 6: Anytime you change a child's last name, you have to give notice period. You can't just willing nilly change it on your own simply because you want to change it.
Speaker 5: You always always have to give notice. So and let's okay, unless a parent is.
Speaker 1: Dead, okay, harder to get them noticed.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I guess she could drop a sheet off on the headstone, right right. But no, there's no notice requirement for people when they've passed away.
Speaker 1: Right. The court does not acknowledge dead people that way. That way, yeah, they do, but not that way when it comes to informing.
Speaker 5: Them, right exactly. So here you go one of.
Speaker 1: My favorite topics that we have. When you come on here, Jeff, anybody has a family law question, can call, text or email questions for Jeff Show at KMOD dot com, BMMS and whatever your question is to eight two nine four five or call are call it eight three three four six. Oh KMOD has to do with this topic. If the wife committed infidelity and the husband files the divorce, does the husband have to pay child support or does the wife have.
Speaker 6: To so infidelity in the state of Oklahoma no one cares about means zero. Well when it comes to alimony and child support. Yeah, I mean there are states that have punitive actions involved with infidelity, okay, which means if you cheat and they can prove it, then there are consequences from a financial standpoint.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: I think Oklahoma probably was probably that way about one hundred years ago, but the laws of age in the last hundred years obviously we're not like that now. With that being said, you know, you can file for adultrees one of the twelve ways or claims to make to get divorced if you don't want to do incompatibility. Just remember when you start doing those things though, you have now have a burden of proof. But when it comes to you know, punitive determinations based upon who cheated who, it doesn't work that way, and it doesn't visit.
Speaker 5: I'm tongue tied this morning. Sorry.
Speaker 6: When you're talking about customing visitation, a judge is not going to be punitive to one side or the other because there was cheating involved.
Speaker 5: It's just not going to happen. Now.
Speaker 6: If you're cheating and with somebody who is a child molester, that could bite you in the ass, okay, because the judge is not going to let the children go around in child molester. But just because someone cheated, they're not going to be held punitively for anything they've done that.
Speaker 1: Way, So what are not done? What I'm hearing you say that is, if you're a cheating whore, there's a chance you still get custody of your kids and would be old child's part.
Speaker 5: I guess we could say it that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sorry, someone who cheats, yes, that's fine, right, a man or woman?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean exactly. I mean, it doesn't matter whether it's a man or woman. Again, unless you're cheating and with somebody who's who's done something to children or you know, is a kingpin, drug dealer or something.
Speaker 5: You know, it doesn't matter at this.
Speaker 1: Point, right, and we should point out it has to be criminal and it can't be hearsay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you can't just say, well, I've been told by people that know him that that he's a you know, he's head of the Carlito you know Cosa Nostra here in Tulsa. I mean, you can't you know I'm making those up, But I'm no, I'm making that up. It's sounded Italian, and if you're Italian, I apologize.
Speaker 1: I don't mean more of Mexican. I think.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: The cost is the mafia.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So I'm trusting you on this. I have no idea.
Speaker 5: Trust me. I've watched a lot of mob movie.
Speaker 6: Okay, but what that my point is is unless it has to be it can't be here. Say you mean, it's got to be something that's tried and true and you have proof of it and that kind of thing. Just you can't say, well, I think she's you know, a hooker, you know, I think she's sleeping with other people.
Speaker 5: Or you can't you can't do that.
Speaker 1: That means zero.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that means zero.
Speaker 1: Listen, these things can get complicated. And you heard Jeff say more than once that he would need more details. And that's why we've set up a free consultation with Jeff and the folks and Hinsley and associates. When you call them and mentioned KMOD, the phone number is nine one eight three nine eight, five, six, nine two for Hinsley and Associates nine one, eight three, nine eight five six nine two. So if you're curious just even about divorce and the process and how it works and what you should be doing now, Jeff can answer those questions during that free consultation nine one eight three, nine eight five six nine two. And life does life, and some times things pop up you are not planning on, and you find yourself needing an attorney for other areas of law, whether it be mineral rights, whether it be some sort of will or a state or thing like that. Jeff and the folks of Inland Associates can help.
Speaker 5: With that absolutely.
Speaker 6: So through a PASCA office, all right, Leah up there a great attorney who handles that office up there.
Speaker 5: She can help you with anything in addition to family law.
Speaker 6: So if you've got a criminal matter of any sort, something as simple as a speeding ticket, all the way up to murder and everything in between. If you've got a probate issue someone's passed away and now you're having to deal with their will or trust or estate and probate, or if you need a will or a trust drafted up, if you've got like you know, Corbin said, if you've got a mineral rights issue, or a land issue, or one of the things we do up there as well is if you're Native American and you've got a head right issue, she can definitely help you with that. She is licensed in several tribes just like I am, and we can help you with all of those issues and everything in between. So please give our office in Pasco call. It is the Shamaike Law Firm. If you can't remember the name, just give us a call on Tulsa. We'll transfer you up to Leah and get you taken care of.
Speaker 1: Nine eight five six nine two Forrinsley Associates nine one eight three nine eight five six nine two. Jeff, have a great week, Hey too, Thanks, we'll be back. The Big Man Morning Show returns. This weekend was the Miami Grand Prix, and uh, not that any of us would ever go, but they were selling a one hundred and fifty dollars Glizzy. That better be a damn good wainer. Those don't know it's a hot dog. Its one hundred and fifty dollars hot dog. I want to see a picture of this wayner. Yeah, Well, it's not for everybody. And I gotta be honest. I like a good Chicago dog, but not everything like this. So it's a Australian wagou sausage okay, okay, caviar crim fresh okay, and gold flakes on a buttery croissant bun. And then they have a gold Digger sandwich, which is wagu air dried beef, caramelized onion confie and crispy onions, truffle sauce, caviar, twenty four carrot gold flakes on a Faccia style bread.
Speaker 4: Not no, but hail no no, man, that's that's too fancy of a dog for me.
Speaker 1: Man. I like caviar is not good at all. It's got its place, but in general to pimp it like it's gonna be the best part.
Speaker 4: Right right, Well, when you think caviar, you think you know rich people, right, So I kind of get where they're at.
Speaker 1: And maybe maybe.
Speaker 4: The overpowering salt and fish flavor goes well with whatever other garbage they have on there, yeah, and then maybe maybe it all mixes together. I am never going to know, because I'm not paying one hundred and fifty dollars for a dog.
Speaker 1: So the Kentucky Derby had a five thousand dollars mint julip you could orderd damn. Why now it came in a gold cup.
Speaker 4: Okay, if that's important to you, do you get to keep the gold cup.
Speaker 1: It was a gold plated sterling silver, thirteen white sapphires and hand grafted crafted detail. There were only seventy six made. And it's to celebrate two hundred and fifty years of America. Okay, And ain't big by the way, No, And you're going, oh yeah, mint julups. Here's the price of the mint julup through the years. Nineteen forty it was seventy five cents as a bargain, give me two of them. Nineteen sixty seven it was a dollar fifty. Okay, still, I'll take two. Nineteen eighty three dollars, Eh, you're still reasonable. Nineteen eighty seven four dollars and twenty five cents two thousand and six nine bucks. Damn, twenty thirteen, eleven bucks, twenty sixteen, fifteen bucks, twenty twenty six. A mint julep would cost twenty two dollars for a subpar cocktail at best, right, it's like eggnog and brandy. You really only like it right during the holidays, right right, right, right right, Okay, I guess, but let me I want to clarify it, because the cost of inflation if you do this, So nineteen forty forty, I said it was seventy five cents, but if you factor in inflation, it would have been seventeen dollars and sixty nine cents at that time. Yes, okay, so that's what it would have felt like. So nineteen sixty, when it was a dollar fifty, it was fourteen dollars in eighty three cents. Nineteen eighty it would have felt like twelve dollars and two cents. Nineteen eighty seven, twelve thirty five, two thousand and six, fourteen dollars and seventy five cents, twenty thirteen to fifteen dollars and sixty cents, and then twenty sixteen like twenty dollars and ninety cents. The point being is it's always been expensive, right, It's always been expensive. Have enough five thousand dollars expensive? I mean, if you think about it, in nineteen forty, you probably could buy a loaf of bread for seventy five cents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe or less, I don't know, but again, five thousand dollars, so you.
Speaker 1: Could have bought a for Okay, a full t bone steak would have been seven seventy five cents. Okay, three dozen eggs would have been sixty nine cents per dozen. Okay, thirteen candy bars would have been five cents each. A pack of cigarettes was twenty cents. Four packs of cigarettes were twenty cents. So again, seventy five cents was a kick in the balls. Oh yeah, I guess so in nineteen forty so it makes sense that it would be a large order of French price was ten cents. So even then the price per comparison, you were still paying a ridiculous price for a cocktail simply an event because you're at the Kentucky Derby, I mean off air. We had a conversation, the three of us had a conversation about the price of beverages at events, and I kind of have the attitude of like, it's the price of doing business, man, that it's always been that way. Anytime you go anywhere to any event, the drink's never a manageable price.
Speaker 4: But they won't let you bring your own in, and that's just no. Because they're in the money making business. They're not in the you get to save money business.
Speaker 1: Listen, you can.
Speaker 4: You can drop price on beverages and raise price elsewhere hamburgers, chicken fingers, something like that to offset it. You know, it just shouldn't shouldn't feel like such a kicking of balls when you when you go and buy a drink somewhere, because that's the thing. They know you're going to get it. You're going to need it at some point in time when you're in concert, whatever the case is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're going to need a drink.
Speaker 4: Sitting someplace for two hours without anything to drink sucks. And I think they got you by the go gos. They're like, oh well, let's people go buy it anyway. We're gonna charge outrageous prices.
Speaker 1: I thought this was interesting post Malone is canceled the first three weeks of his tour. Really now for those are no, he was doing a really big tour with him and Jelly Roll, which three months ago probably would have been a massive deal. Uh huh. And he was quoted as saying, I promise you all beautiful new music, and I don't have the time to finish it before the tour starts. We're not ready for the tour yet, so I'm making the decision to push the tour back about three weeks to get the music done. I don't know if you see the tour. I don't know if you see the tour, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: That's not like you don't think it's going to happen at all whatsoever. Even though he says he's pushing it back.
Speaker 1: I have heard the ticket sales were not good for it, and you also have another guy on the tour. That's a big deal, right, and you can't just cancel it because you're not ready. Plenty of artists work on music on the road. Yeah, for sure, that's a good point that you bring up.
Speaker 4: There's what's Jilly gonna do?
Speaker 1: Right? You can't just leave him? Just just go look at ticket sales for the shows. Uh huh? It was. It was not awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know he was coming to the Walmart Amphitheater. Unless that's all already coming gone, it's not on there.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to send you the link. Okay of them, somebody posts this, so it is what it is. But they posted the concert that was happening happening in Birmingham, a month away. They posted this on April twenty third, and those are all the empty seats, and it's they've probably sold two percent.
Speaker 4: Do you think that has anything to do with the price of tickets nowadays?
Speaker 1: I think it one has to do with the price of tickets. Yeah, well that sucks. That sucks.
Speaker 4: So whoever's in charge of that, you might want to think about dropping that price down a little bit and then you put some more asses in these seats.
Speaker 1: I don't I think. I think it's out of the artist hands. No, I know it's out of the artist's hands. What is it? Is it the venue that charges the ticket price the promoter. So like Live Nation or whoever is putting on the tour, they make an arrangement with the artist and say, hey, we're gonna do your tour. We'll charge you know, we'll give you this much money for the tour, right and then they sell. Then they try to recoup their money, right right, right, right right, So I guess they do have an underhanded way of doing it. So it's greedy ass promoters, is what it is. I mean it. I don't love that statement, because people like making money. That's like saying selling out.
Speaker 4: I was just about to say that. You know, I get it. We're all here to make money, right, every business is here to make money. That's why we're here. Capitalism at its best.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: However, if you are so priced out that people can't afford you, and then now you're losing sales, which clearly you can demonstrate by the graphic you just sent me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there ain't nobody going, and then you got to put on water. On top of that, you buy two tickets to that tour. They were three hundred dollars each, right, and you got parking. So now we're at six fifty. We're not even talking taxes and fees, right, We're at six fifty and we haven't even walked in the door yet. No, no, and we're gonna go out to eat, and we're gonna buy cocktails, and we're gonna you just for a night. Yeah, let's just say you're disciplined. Let's say you're gonna walk right, you're still spending six bills just to watch a show. Six bills. That is a lot of money for four hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if that, Yeah, it's ridiculous, it's damn ridiculous.
Speaker 1: But what can we do about it?
Speaker 4: Well, well, you can just not go exactly, that's what you can do exactly, But then what then what happens? So let's just use jelly Roll and post Malone here for the example. Right, they cancel the tour because tickets aren't selling, right, and then what post He's supposed to go to the promoter and be like, hey, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Fix it? Can the artists do anything about it? What do you?
Speaker 4: I mean so far as going to the promoter and be like, hey, we're not selling tickets because you got a priced out too much?
Speaker 1: No exactly, lust, No, you sold me the show and there's now there's really nothing that can be done unless you, in the beginning go the price can't be more than this so far as the artist, Yes, when you sign your deal, okay, that's fair. I don't know if you all remember this. There is this band a while back that was like, no, ticket prices are out of control. Yeah, we need to do some No, we won't use them. No, we won't ever work with them. No, no, no no. And guess what happened. You didn't really see them on tour. No. You might remember that band. They were called Pearl Jam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what happens when you've got two major corporations that are essentially in charge of all of that, right, Live Nation, Ticketmaster. I can't think of any other promoter, any other company that sells tickets like that.
Speaker 1: Uh uh. So you respect the game, but at some point you got to go, well, I want a tour man, right, we need money, we want to make money.
Speaker 4: So you're gonna go back to working in dive bars as a major band.
Speaker 1: I think I think you could probably you got to weather the storm, right, that would be good business for the bar though. Then but then who's selling tickets?
Speaker 4: You've got an in house promoter that works with the band. They're like a manager, all like the manager, but you know it's like, hey, I'm I'm the guy that's here promoting it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna sell the tickets. We're going to go to X bar market. You're standing outside with a cardboard table. Yeah no, in a modern era, the digitizing of tickets as we've experienced in this building, and that's that's the way that it could be done too. Yeah, l screwo. All right, we got to take a break. We'll be back